Forever and Always

Author's note: It is about greek slavery and the wrongs of slavery in general and i hope to get the emotions of...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: It is about greek slavery and the wrongs of slavery in general and i hope to get the emotions of the readers to be tugging and for them to keep on reading untill the next novel comes out.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

April 19th 1507,

Hello, my name is Julia, and I live in Greece with my magnificent husband, Alexander, and my two darling kids, Panther who is ten, and his younger sister, Pelagius, who is five. Their names mean “panther” and “sea.” I choose these because they are beautiful names for beautiful children. Why am I writing in this journal? Because I want to record these memories so that I will have these wonderful memories with my family forever. We live in an average home just like our fellow members and our ruler is making life pretty hard to live now, because he thinks that slavery is okay, and that slavery is a part of everyday life with the economy and all. They have already taken my sister, and Alexander’s brother and his children were taken away. I just don’t know what to think and how to believe that this is happening… it’s just so… sad and I’m in tears thinking about it. How could they think that this is okay? How could they do this to their own people and why? I’m terrified that we could be going next; I mean feeding a family of four and having to pay our taxes, it’s just so, so tough and I don’t know how much longer we can go without going poor. We are already heading towards that road. What are we supposed to tell our kids? They are so young and it will be hard enough as it is; they shouldn’t be going to through this. But right now, it is a lovely day and I will just have to look at the positive. I will go to the market and get some vegetables and fruits and even some pasta! Then, I’ll go home with everyone and make a wonderful dinner so we all have our energy for the next day to come.