To Tear A Stone | Teen Ink

To Tear A Stone

By AnimaCordis GOLD, London, Other
AnimaCordis GOLD, London, Other

"Evil is when the good do nothing"

Summary:

This book tells more then one story, it tells many stories, that are all wrapped up in one and other.
It tells the story of personal wars, mental wars and physical wars.
The plot of my book is quite hard to describe, the story is quite hazy, as the people who live those stories are hazy in how they understand the world.
For the most part of the story, the characters do not have names, not real names that is. I did this to try and show that they could be anyone, or that they did not know themselves enough to have names.

AnimaCordis

To Tear A Stone

on Oct. 16 2020 at 8:36 am
LightForce9258, Ewing, New Jersey
This story's atmosphere is so tens, it's making me think of it in my mind. I like seeing all the different perspectives and honestly, more stories should have that.

on Dec. 25 2012 at 2:04 pm
AlwaysAntlers SILVER, Kingsport, Tennessee

“Don't forget - no one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell.”
― Charles de Lint, (from his book,The Blue Girl)

Beautiful! The storyline I liked the most was Alexandria's. I love how she struggles through hardship and horror, and eventually comes upon a good ending to her story, presumably. (I kind of wish it would be clearer there) Soldier boy's story made me cry in the end, and was beautifully described. The general seems to have gotten what he deserved, with his gluttony and his uncaringness for human lives, although the officer's uncaringness for him seems cruel. With the general's daughter, I love how she begins again, with letting her dried flowers blow away, and finding out her name. Beautiful story, you need to write more. Sorry for the rambling comment! I loved your novel, amazing job!

on Dec. 30 2011 at 2:00 pm
Jappyalldayeveryday, Detroit, Michigan

They say that good things take time, but really great things happen in the blink of an eye

This is really good. You're very good ad describing backgrounds and characters and giving premises.

on Dec. 29 2011 at 10:21 pm
manga_maniac SILVER, Bloomington, Indiana
This was fantastic, it's 11pm, i'm exausted, yet i just had to read this straight through . I loved how the stories came together at the end. Really spectacular :)

on Dec. 29 2011 at 5:35 am
AnimaCordis GOLD, London, Other

"Evil is when the good do nothing"

THANK U i was so worried about it being cliche!!

on Dec. 28 2011 at 2:03 pm
SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

"Don't call me crazy, it drives me nuts!"

~Anonymous

This was an amazing read! Seriously awesome job! Again I must say the way you write has me imagining it all in my head like movie, or tv or something! :) Granted there were some minor spelling and grammar, and there were some parts where you could use pronouns and actions to describe the person rather then saying their name and giving a few details. You know? But anyway the story was riveting, amazing job. it was a powerful story and it was very real. Nothing cliche about it :) This deserves a 5/5 for sure :)

SN3RD BRONZE said...
on Nov. 28 2011 at 4:13 pm
SN3RD BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

"I'm the bugs bunny, and if you ain't got my carrots, you ain't got nothin' for me!" --Nicki Minaj

This keeps readers reading! Great Job! Extraordinary! Wanna come check me out and read or rate Hunter's Point or Perspective?

on Nov. 27 2011 at 7:52 pm
Hannibal_the_Vegetarian_Cannibal SILVER, A Nice Place In, Virginia

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anonymous

"For he loved her, as you can only love someone who is an echo of yourself in your time of deepest sorrow." ~ Orson Scott Card

I loved this! Very emotional, yet not sappy. It really is a good story about the aftermath of war. My only suggestions are: Maybe give the girl or a few of the other charecters a name? I think it would bring out how things were for the girl before the war, and how she changed from the innocent girl she once was. But other than that and some minor grammer/spelling mistakes, this was great! I'd definately buy it if it was a book. But I'd also like to see the plot lines tied together a bit more, so the characters lives interweave a bit more. That's if you want to make it into a full-length novel, I mean. This was great.

5/5

on Nov. 27 2011 at 2:27 pm
kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan

"Books are a uniquely portable magic." - Stephen King

I love books, and I love technology, but I don't want to see the latter overwhelm the former. I just think books are meant to be pages you turn, not screens you scroll through.

This is a really powerful story--I loved it! I'd give it a 5/5 for sure!

There were a few things you should work on. Watch out for grammar and spelling issues whenever you write a story, but other than that, it was great!

Keep up the good work! :)

on Nov. 27 2011 at 6:40 am
applesauceHater SILVER, Nikolaevsk, Alaska
cuz i was thinking of stollins rule and the persecution of old believers, but it quite didnt make sense to be that:) but ur right, it really wouldn't matter which war, there not that different from each other

BluBliss GOLD said...
on Nov. 26 2011 at 8:38 am
BluBliss GOLD, New York, New York

Bella's love for Edward was like, "Omg. He's hot. He's mine because he sparkles. Now I'll brood the wholle book while I'm with him."

This is something i'd epect to be in a book. I like how you put it in present tense, and the multiple story lines taking pllace in the same setting. I really enjoyed readng this. K)

on Nov. 25 2011 at 2:03 pm
AnimaCordis GOLD, London, Other

"Evil is when the good do nothing"

I can't find your work! i can only find your favorite work by others! Could you send me a link or something?

on Nov. 25 2011 at 1:55 pm
LifesIllusion BRONZE, Cicero, Indiana

"Don't let your fears slow you down. Instead, chase them down and beat them."

Wow! You write like no one i have ever seen before. You write with such utter detail and th am amazing part is that it was all in 3rd person. It's always so much harder to write in this way for me but you have had practice with it obviously! Also, you should keep this forever. When you are old and your opinions on war will differ, it would so cool to go back and read this writing of yours!!! All i can say is that this story inspires me even though i got confused a few times. Definitely 5/5 stars:) will you check out my works now? Differently and the friend wars.

on Nov. 25 2011 at 4:49 am
AnimaCordis GOLD, London, Other

"Evil is when the good do nothing"

Oh thank you! 

I meant from wehn the gemans invaded Russia, or rather tried to invade russia. I meant for the war to be farily ambiguous, as though it could really be any war. I was looking at war photos to try and grasp what it was like.

on Nov. 24 2011 at 10:19 pm
You inspire me!the way you use you words is incredible!!!!AMASING IMAGERY!!!!!I loved it!Also, I don't know if it's certain people or what, but 3rd person is usually hard to write in, i guess compared to 1 person, but you nailed it!!!One thing was I was confused about the time period, it might be cuz im just oblivous or something, i only remember a couple wars from russia. But that's probably due to my account, becaus you're just amasing. Loved the last sentence it was awesome, and loved how you exclaimed how the girl and the littl boy were in the starting, because, again, your words are magic!