The Titanic | Teen Ink

The Titanic

December 18, 2018
By Nightqueen14 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
More by this author
Nightqueen14 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Suess


Dear Diary,

The day is 10 April 1912 -

    Today I set out for the new world. I am so nervous yet so excited. I do not want to leave everything that I know to go off to a strange land. Father says it's what is best for our family and I must believe him. Mother keeps saying “Everything will be fine” and “We are going to have a great life in New York” but I’m still very anxious. Every minute that we are getting closer to our departure time feels like a million butterflies are attacking me. I may be skilled in many things, but I can surely say that waiting is not one of them. I will miss my friends and the rest of my family dearly. I must go now for it is time for us to aboard a boat called The Titanic in order to get to New York.

Dear Diary,

The day is 11 April 1912 -

   It is my first official day here on this ship called “The Titanic”. It is so huge! Father got us first class tickets and he says those are the best. There is a gym, a promenade, a cafe, a lounge, a reading and writing room and so much more. My favorite place in the whole ship is the grand staircase. It is so beautiful; One of the crew members said it was 60 feet long! I don’t know what it is, but something about that area just takes my breath away. The rooms are just as beautiful if not more than the accommodations. Mother says the room is called a suite; That sounds so fancy! Anyway, it is now time for dinner and I can already hear Mother saying “Katherine Elizabeth Herondale it's time for dinner!”.

Dear Diary,

Today is 12 April 1912 -

    As I was exploring the ship, completely minding my own business, someone bumped into me! How rude! I was about to turn around and yell at the person until I saw who it was. It was this tall, dark haired handsome boy. He was so sweet to me after we bumped into each other. I learned his name was Nicolas and he is moving to New York with this family just like me. We talked for hours and hours, and I felt like I have known him my whole life. I hope we can talk more, especially when we arrive in New York.

The author's comments:

I know it skips from Day 3 to Day 5. I did this on purpose because I felt that if I added Day 4 it would be redundant. 

Dear Diary,

Today is 14 April 1912 -

    I’m so sorry I didn’t write yesterday, I was busy spending the day with Nicolas and then Mother and Father wanted to introduce me to some new friends. By the end of the day I was way too tired to write. Anyway, today my day was absolutely great. I did some more exploring and even some shopping. Nicolas and I talked for a bit, and to my suprise, his parents and my parents are friends! I hope this means that we can spend more time together.

The author's comments:

This is the last chapter. I thought about writing an epilouge, but I felt that because Day 5 is later that day, it was kind of like an epilouge so I decided to leave it alone

Dear Diary,

Today is 15 April 1912 -

  I am so thankful that today is over. It was absolutely terrifying. It was about 1 or 2 in the morning, and all of a sudden Mother woke me up telling me that I had to get dressed quickly to get to safety. Safety? I thought the ship was safe. I quickly got dressed and ran with Mother and Father to get on the small boats. I was then told that the ship had hit an iceberg and was sinking. Terrified was a feeling of understatement at that moment. All I could think about was getting off the ship and making sure that Nicolas was ok. I tried to look for him everywhere but I couldn’t find him. I prayed to God that he was alive. Mother and I eventually got on the boat but for some reason Father didn’t come. I did see Nicolas’ mother so that gave me some relief. I later learned that the Captain had ordered women and children first, and then the men. Father made it on the boat with Nicolas but unfortunately no one has been able to find his Father.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.