The Death War | Teen Ink

The Death War

April 25, 2018
By Ałèx, Philadelphia, Pa, Pennsylvania
More by this author
Ałèx, Philadelphia, Pa, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I wanted to make a sad story and have a happy ending so that's what I did.

Hi, I'm Fred Johnson and this is my story of when I was fighting for my freedom.
I woke up on a normal Saturday ready to eat my pudding. I live in a broke, nasty neighborhood in New York with my mom and sister. My dad is in the war trying to survive against the nasty British army. I am 18 years old so, I could fight in the war but my mom refuses to let me go because she doesn't want to risk me and my dad dying.

   It was 12:00 am and I was the only one awake when I heard something fall down near the front door. I get up and open the door and there is a letter from General George Washington. I opened it and it read,
                Hello all,
                We are running low on troops to fight in the army
                so we would love you too join us and fight for our
                freedom. Come to Montreal, Canada to start your
                fighting.
                  Thank you and hope to see you soon.

  I thought about leaving for Montreal, but I know my mom would kill me if I snuck out to go to the war. I thought about it for a long time and I can't stay in this crappy house anymore and I need freedom.  I pack up and start my traveling, and it took 2 months to get to Montreal and meet up with the continental army. When I did they said, “Thanks for coming” and gave me a blue coat and a gun.

I met the general and he was as nice as I imagined. So, it was the next day and we got ready to start the fighting. We went to the battlefield and I saw my dad standing two rows behind me. I was in the second row and he was in the 4th row (the last row). We shot first and we missed all our shots except for 3. Then the British shot back and only missed 2 shots I was so scared because I was up next. So we moved up and I aimed and shot. We got everyone in their line me and everyone else on our team were so surprised. I knew I could hit someone.
  
   Then my dads row came up and I was praying he didn't get shot. So, we fired first and got a few of their soldiers down. Then they shot back and BANG! My dad fell down and I ran next to him hoping he wouldn't leave me. His last words were,”You can do this Fred do this for mom and your sister.” Then his eyes closed and I didn't know what to do.

   After a long, hard, and sad day the General came up to me and said,” I know you loved him but you have to let him go things happen sometimes that we want to change but we can't.” It was June 28, 1776 when we arrived to fight the British at Charleston. We had less soldiers this battle but we still tried our hardest and won. We lost a total of 25 people during that battle. We are hoping to lose no more than that. I was still upset about was happened to my dad it was hard for me to even hold down sights.

After about 7 year later from the Charleston still sad that my dad is gone but it was the last battle it was September 3, 1783 at the Treaty of Paris. It was all our men against all of the ugly British men. We lined up for battle with a little less men then the British but we still had a chance. The British shot first and when they were shooting at my row this one guy on the British came up with a little smirk. So, I thought in my head what is this guy up to. Then he started to aim toward General Washington and I screamed Nooooooo! I ran as fast as I could to where General Washington was standing and quickly pushed him off his horse.

  I did it I saved the general's life. Washington got up and said,” Thank you for saving my life but this fight is not over yet.” So I got back up and ran to my position and aimed right at that nasty person that tried to shoot our general. I shot and he was dead. We had hope to win the British were losing soldiers by the minute. Three months passed by and this was the day we finished this long battle. Hours later the British were left with a couple guys and they just ran away all scared.

  We won and signed the Declaration of Independence as soon as we could. I said my final goodbyes too all the people that were still alive. Then General Washington came up to me and said,” Thank you for saving my life, we wouldn't have won without you.” “Your welcome” I said. Then I traveled all the way back home and as soon as I came in my mom hugged me harder than a grizzly bear. She didn't even care that I left without asking she was just so happy to see I was alive. Then she asked,”Where is your father” and I said I'm sorry mom but he didn't make it. She was very sad but she tried to stay positive and be happy I was home. So we enjoyed the rest of the day like nothing happened. So, that was the story on what and how I fought for my freedom in the revolutionary war.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.