What's so wrong about being equal?

Author's note: The thing that inspired me to write this was actually being discrimanted myself but I knew I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note:

The thing that inspired me to write this was actually being discrimanted myself but I knew I had to just go foward because I knew that basically there acts couldnt stop me from being me and I am proud about my background I wouldn't change a thing about because it makes me who I am today. 

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Change is hard

The next morning I realized that I cried myself to sleep but luckily it was Saturday which meant no school for me. I layed in my bed for a long time thinking about what happened last night, my mom then came into my room say goodbye because she was off to work. As soon as she left I grabbed my laptop and sat with it on my bed and opened up FaceBook again hoping that the post has gone away but just my luck it was still up and comments kept coming in left to right. I then just closed my laptop and put it back and layed on my bed and turned on the TV.  I was on my bed for the whole morning until about twelve-o'clock in the afternoon because I got hungry of course, I went into the kitchen and saw ramen soup so I decided to make it and I also poured myself a glass of orange juice. I went into the livingroom to eat my food, as I was about to sit down I heard someone knock at the door as I opened the door I realized that it was my friend Samantha she just then came me the biggest hug ever and she then said, “Bye Amal.” with tears running down her face. “What do you mean bye?!” “I'm leaving back to my county because of what is going on and my parents don't want me in a environment like this or to get hurt so they decided that leaving is the for the best.” she said. “But you can’t leave I need you here with me you're my only friend Samantha!” I told her “ So come with me Amal we can start over.”  she said “I’m sorry but I can’t leave my mom she’s the only thing I have and she will need me Samantha.” I told her “ I understand Amal but I have to go now ok, I love you and stay strong Amal.” She said while giving me a hug. I couldn’t say goodbye to her so I said, “ Until next time Samantha I love you too.” As she was walking down the rock path in front of my house a huge knot started building up in my throat and a tear drop was running down my cheek.