Home > Novel (Fiction) > Historical Fiction > Out of the Darkness, Into the Light

Out of the Darkness, Into the Light

Francesca B.
Out of the Darkness, Into the Light
Summary: Sixteen year old Serena Steinord and her family are Jews during the 1940s, and they have just been transported to Auschwitz. Little does Serena know that the ghetto she had been removed from was paradise compared to the horrors that await at the most dreadfull of all the concentration camps.
Meanwhile, Meredith Schwartz, a German who supports the irradication of the Jews, is living a normal life...that is, until her brother-who works at Auschwitz-turns her world upside-down.
Many twists and turns lie on the road ahead for both Serena and Meredith; will they be able to overcome their challenges, or will they, like countless others, be felled by Auschwitz?

This book has 9 comments. Post your own now!

Ciera M. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 14, 2014 at 7:51 am
Loved this story!

FLJENN said...
Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:36 am
This story was very touching and extremely well write.. -=D Amazing imagery as well. I felt as if i was there. 

summerbreeze903 said...
Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:23 am
Francesca, I am so very proud of you.  This is excellent. You are so talented. I have posted it        on my facebook wall and have told all my friends & acquaintances to rate your book.  Good Luck Sweetie, All the best.  Aunt Donna xoxoxo

JMJ131 said...
Excellent writing. Any chance for a sequel?!

Brenda said...
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

Boater3 said...
An amazing story! I found chapter 7 very effective.

sixneight said...
Excellent!!  So proud!!!

joan1117 said...
Extremely well written story packed with insight, emotion and depth.  Looking forward to more books by this promising author.

JMJ31 said...
What a creative piece! If only people like Meredith & Andrew really existed, perhaps the course of history would have taken a different path. Hopefully people of today will keep these thoughts in mind!