Twisted | Teen Ink

Twisted

By TwistedDarkness, highlands ranch, Colorado
TwistedDarkness, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is like a puzzle. Different pieces and sometimes confusing but it comes together in the end
-Me

Author's note: My goof friend Grace inspired me to start writing this book thank you Grace! <3 you :)

“I can’t believe he cheated! I can’t believe it! After all we’ve been through how can he use Kenzi just cause he’s lonely?”
I was trying hard not to cry in front of my best friend, buddy. Brother, Austin. He is always there for me when I need him.

“You don’t need him Jes just let Dylan go.”
I looked at him like he was insane.

“You clearly don’t know what I’m going through.”
He shrugged and said “Says you.”
Then I smiled. He can make me do about anything when I’m around him. I wonder why. That’s when Dylan walked over to Austin and said “What’s your arm doing around my girlfriend?!?!” That’s also when I had enough. I jumped up in front of Dylan and said in my coldest voice, “I am not your girlfriend anymore Dylan. You walk up to Austin after I caught you with McKenzie and expect to have me back.”
“H...h...H... how did you know about Kenzi?”
I just glared at him and turned around to Austin.

“Will you take me home now please?”I’m only 15. Austin is 16 with his driver license.

“Sure Jes. Meet me at my car, here are the keys. I’ll be there soon.”
I walked away looking confused.

I can’t believe he did that to Jes. My Jes. I stood up in front of Dylan. I’m about five inches taller than him but he has about 20lbs. on me but I don’t care.

“Why did you cheat on Jes?”

“I did because she was out of town and I was lonely.”
I stared at him mouth open. Shocked.

“What?!?! How could you do that to my Jes?”
Well shoot. There goes my secret.

“Jes? With you? Ya right! You might have known her longer but she is mine. She will be with me.”
I started to walk away but I turned around hit him straight in the nose (which broke) and walked away. I smiled as I walked away hearing him swear as he straightened it. Then I saw Jes, the hurt inside clearly showing on her face. I wanted to go over and kiss her and tell her everything would be all right. But how do I know she feels the same way? I don’t. Sigh.
I walked over to my car and beautiful Jes and asked “Ready to go?”
Jes

“What just happened Austin?”
He shrugged and said “ I asked him why, he said a few things, so I hit him and walked away.” I was about to slap him and he could tell and put his hands up in defense.

“Hey you would have hit him hearing his answer and laughing at me. Also him being possessive over you saying ‘she’s mine,’ she will be with me, she will be mine.’” He was right I wanted to run back there and punch him. Man Austin was seriously cute. I’ll have to think more about that later.
I sighed “Well take me home please Austin.”
“Ok.”
As we headed to my house we took a little detour. “Why are we at Eliches?”
He sighed “Shoot Jes, don’t you remember we had plans today.” I looked at him, eyes filling with tears, and I smiled. “Yeah I remember Austin sorry about the whole Dylan thing. You didn’t have to talk to him though.”
He shrugged and got out. When he got to the door he turned around and smiled at me. Oh. My. God. That smile just melted my heart.”Comin Jes?” ”Yeah.”

That little punk broke my nose. I can’t believe he broke it. Ouch. I have to straighten it. OWWWWW! I could tell he was smiling as he was walking away.
“I’ll get you for this Austin. You will pay.” Well my Kenzi was waiting for me so I figured I’d leave. I loved Jes but Kenzi is my kind of girl. Jes never wanted me like Kenzi does. Jes understands me and Kenzi doesn’t give a crap about what I did. I just lost the most important thing to me to some football star. I was gonna kill Austin. Jes is supposed to be with me not Austin. Mine, not Austin’s, not Jace’s. Mine. I will get her back. I thought it would be easy.

Jes

“Oh that was so much fun Austin!”

“Yeah tell me about it.” We were at the pizzeria. How long did it take me to realize I liked him? A long time. Why can’t I just tell him? Shy, I’m too shy.

“So, Jes how’s Jace?” In his eyes I could tell he cared about my answer, but his voice said he was kidding. I looked down at my plate, tears welling in my eyes.

“”Hey I didn’t mean anything Jes. Common.”

“I don’t know, I haven’t talked to him in a while.” Jace is my ex boyfriend who moved to New York and brought my heart with him.

“Jes, please, I didn’t mean nothin.” He looked really sorry about bringing him up.

“I know it’s just… never mind.”

“Jes common you can tell me anything.” He really wanted me to tell him. I really needed to tell him. Now was the time.

“It’s just you know when Jace moved to N.Y.C he told me on his way there and I didn’t get to say goodbye?” he nodded. “Well when he moved he took my heart with him and being with you has helped bring it back.” He froze. I expected this. I hope I didn’t do anything to make him mad. He has a girlfriend.

“Jes…”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah I know you have a girlfriend. I…..I…. forget it I’m leaving.” And just like that I got up and left him there staring after me.

She didn’t give me a chance to speak. She doesn’t know I broke up with Dawn. She doesn’t know. I stood up to go after her and when I got outside I had this instant reaction to go right. As soon as I did I found her sitting against the wall and her crying. I ran over to her and pulled her into my lap. She sniffled and looked up at me.
“Why are you doing this? You have a girlfriend.”
“No, I don’t.” She just stared at me like I was insane.
“What when did that happen?” “Yesterday afternoon.” I so didn’t plan on what I said next.
“Jes I like you a lot but I wasn’t sure if you felt the same way so I kept it from you using my mad skillz.”

I was staring at his handsome face when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. Austin saw it to and stood up.
“Stay here baby girl.” Baby girl. He called me baby girl. I stood up so he could. As he he started to walk away I grabbed his hand and walked with him. He looked down at our conjoined hands and smiled.
“You’re comin with me?”
“Yea unless you don’t want me to.”
“Nah.” So we walked around the building and I froze when I saw who was standing there. Jace, the guy you left with no goodbye.
“J….J…Jace? What are you doing here?” He just stood there looking at our hands.
“Jace why do you care? You’re the one who left with my heart and no goodbye.” He finally spoke.
“I left with no goodbye because I didn’t want to hurt you.”
“You could have at least called.”
“Would that really have made this any easier?” he snapped.
“Hey! Don’t you yell at Jes.”
“Austin, please?” He looked reluctant to let go so he did but he bent and kissed me. Oh boy, did I like that. I looked over at Jace after Austin left.
“Well Jace what do you want?”

Austin
I don’t know what made me kiss her but I just did. All I could feel was her lips and her. I didn’t want to leave but she wants it. I’ll do anything for her when she asks. As I walked by Jace I smirked at him and muttered “She’s with me now. I’m what she wants.” I saw him clench his hands and he swore at me under his breath. As I got into my car I heard Jes say “What do you want Jace?” Man I hope she comes back upset. Not that I like to see her upset. I just want to hold her in my arms and tell her it would be alright. She’d sigh my name and snuggle up to me. I’d walk her up to her door and kiss her goodnight. Stop those thoughts buddy. You just started dating. Don’t rush things…

“Well Are you going to answer me or just stand there dumb struck and not answer me?” He still just stood there.
“Fine. Whatever. I’m leaving .” But before I could get two steps away he came over, picked me up, and twirled me around.
“Jes, I’ve missed you so much. “ I didn’t do what I wanted to do. I just let him twirl me around and finally set me down.
“Jes? What wrong? Aren’t you happy to see me?”
“Jace of course I am but you can’t just come home and expect me to be with you. I mean, I’m with Austin now Jace.” He gave me a sad little smile that I hate when he uses it on me.
“I know Jes, I just wish I wasn’t afraid of hurting you.”
“Since when did you care what hurts me?!?!?”
“Since the day I meet you.” I stared at him, tear welling in my eyes. As he started to come towards me to comfort me I lay my head on his chest.
“No. “
“Why not Jes? I know you want me as I want you.”
I gasped and said “What the hell makes you think you can say that??!!?”
“I can see it in your eyes when you look at me.”
Finally the tears spilled over.
“Jace, please just go back to N.Y.C. I’ve found Austin now. I used to love you but when you took my heart with you to. Being with Austin has helped heal that,” but before he could say anything I walked past him. He grabbed my hand before I walked past him.
He said “I know this has hurt you and I’m sorry. I’ll never stop loving you.” Then when I got into Austin’s car he took one look at me and pulled me into his arms.
“Shhh baby. It’s gonna be all right.” I only snuggled deeper into his arms and wrapped my arms around his waist.

He took the one and only thing that mattered to me. I had thought that bringing back Jace would make her ditch Austin. Now as I sit in my car I watch Austin comfort my girl and her leaning into him for support. My baby. With Austin. I’d kill him but I could never hurt her like that. I can’t watch anymore of this. I tore out of the parking lot and down the street. When I got home I came to a stop but didn’t turn off the car. I’ll go to Austin’s and leave him a little note. As I went his place I saw his ‘rents leaving a key under the door mat. They were leaving, excellent. I went down the street, made a U-turn, and came back to Austin’s place. His parents were gone so I got out of my car and took out the key. When I got into his house I immediately went upstairs and found his room. Huh, pretty clean for a guy. I found a pad of paper and a pen, so I scrawled my note and left. Boy was he in for a surprise when he got home.

Austin
When I got Jes calmed down enough to let me go I started to take her home. “Actually, Austin, can we go to your house?” I reached over to hold her hand.
“You sure you want to go to my house?” I was pleased when she took my hand. I pulled it up to my lips and kissed it. She shivered.
“Yes I’m sure.”

“Whatever pleases you my lady.” I heard her giggle. As we drove home I could have sworn I saw dylans car driving away from my house.

As we were driving home I wanted nothing more than to crawl into Austin’s lap and let him comfort me and call me ‘baby girl and baby.’ But that would have to wait. Wait is that Dylan’s car? No, it couldn’t be. When we got to Austin’s we got out and went to the front door. I knew where the key was so I opened the door and we went inside. When we did instead of going to the basement to hang out like we usually did, we went into the kitchen.
“Hungry baby?” Now that he mentioned it I was starving.
“Yeah.” Austin may be a guy but boy can he cook.
“What’s on the menu today Chef Austin?” He turned around and grinned at me. That grin made my heart stop.
“Wouldn’t you like to know.” He turned back around and rummaged through the fridge. He made an ah-ha noise and he held up and onion , garlic, and fresh parsley.
“What planning on a vampire attack,” I teased. He gave a look that said ‘really?’ I laughed and he went back through the fridge coming out with ground beef. As soon as he opened the ground beef his Doberman Pincher came in and sat by me.
“Hey Snoopy.” I sat there and scratched his head for a while watching Austin.
“Hey Austin?”
“Hmm?”
“Why does Snoopy hate everyone except you, your parent and me?” He froze for a moment.
“I don’t know baby girl. I just don’t know. “He was putting everything into a sauce pan (with chopped bell peppers) when Snoopy started to go to the stairs and back to me.
“Hey is it all right if I go up to your room?”
“Yea I’m just about done here. I’ll meet you up there.”
“Kay’.” When I got to the stairs Snoopy took them two at a time and I ran up after him. When I opened Austin’s door I saw an arrow and a note on his bed so I opened the note...

Austin,
I hope you realize that Jes doesn’t belong with you. Jes belongs with me. This arrow isn’t broken because it means war. Not a broken arrow standing for peace. You are dead meat. Jes will be with me.

Dylan
When I finished reading the note Austin came in and saw my expression. He put the arrow on the ground and took the note from my hands and read it.
“Jes don’t even think that I’m going to fight over you. You know me better than that. If you choose me you’ll make me the happiest person alive. If you don’t then yea I’ll be disappointed but I won’t leave you.” I looked at him starting to cry. “Jes please don’t cry. Please.” Completely ignoring him I lay down on the bed the side closest to the window. He lay next to me pulling me into his arms and like we did in the car. I wound my arms around his waist and lay my head on his muscular chest. Before I knew it I was asleep.

That note scared the piss out of me and my girl. She was sleeping on my chest when the timer on the oven went off. I gently unwrapped her arms from my waist so I could get up. The bed jostled a bit and she murmured something that sounded like Austin please doesn’t leave. Huh weird. I went to take my stuff off the burner when I saw my parents in the living room.
“Hey Austin, I see you made dinner.”
“Yea I did mom. Is it alright if I eat in my room?”
“Sure.” I was just making Jes something when I heard the doorbell ring.
“I got it!” I shouted out to my parents. I opened the door and found Dylan standing outside. He looked ready to kill me.
“What is Jes in your room?” he growled at me.
“She’s asleep you moron.” I hissed at him. He growled at me like some kind of an animal.
“I’ve come to take my girl to my house.” I laughed.
“Please, I know you want to take her to your place so you can knock her up. I’m not a moron.”
“You’re going to regret this.”
“Snoopy come here buddy.” When he saw Dylan he tried to run past me snarling at him. Dylan jumped back and I grinned. So I grabbed his spiked collar and told Dylan “You have ten seconds to get off my porch before I let Snoopy here kill you.” He turned around and bolted to his car. Smart kid. As he drove off her gave me the birdie. Boy was Jes in for a surprise.

-Me

Thanks! :)

-Me

Thanks! :)

MzRogersbabe BRONZE, Boston, Massachusetts

" I love you "

Thats good. I cant wait to see whats next ! :)

-Me

Hey Thanks. I'm not quit finished with it yet though

on Nov. 20 2011 at 12:33 am

" I love you "

damm shes lucky. i wanna read the other part