New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

True intent (Rough Draft)

Author's note: My Novel is not yet completed and is only a rough draft so you could expect typos and transition...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My Novel is not yet completed and is only a rough draft so you could expect typos and transition problems in a few pages.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

prologue

“He’s not who you think he is.” I gulped, uncertain of whether or not I’d heard her right. Her she raised her arm and tried to pat my shoulder as a gesture of sympathy. I shrugged her off with the velocity of lightning. I’d trusted him once, trusting her would be like giving him a second chance.
“You’re lying.” I whispered trying to shut out advancing thoughts. I scooted away from her as a guilty child would when being confronted with accusations.
“You have to believe
this prologue is not yet complete.
Me.” she retorted advancing. Once again, I edged my way further from her. it seemed a stupid thing to do. it wasn’t like putting more distance between us would shut out the truth of her words. Why was I acting like this? I should have seen it coming. All the out bursts, the obvious traits. He had all the characteristics of a killer. In fact, the more she thought about it, he showed all the sign of an inanimate being. “That’s not true,” I thought aloud. “You’re a liar.” The ardor was mounting inside me and it was beginning to show in my tone. Tears began forming in my eyes as they began to sting. Clenching my fists, I turned facing her. anger unraveled in me when I saw the calamity in her expression. Who the hell did this-this- disgusting, filthy, stranger think she was? What made her think she had the right to come up to me at such a random moment and utter such terrible accusations to me about the only person that has ever given me the luxury of trust. My only friend, best friend even. Josh had always been there for me, this girl on the other has not. So who would I stick with? Her or Josh? The answer seemed obvious. Josh. Advancing on her, I threw a punch at her. she stumbled back in shock her hand over her bloody mouth. Though her physical expression changed, the expression in her eyes did not. They were still calm, and almost, understanding. God, what an actress. She slowly got up, I expected her to hit me back but something in her expression hinted she just wasn’t the one to fight back. She walked past me and out of the door without so much as a glance. When she slammed the door it made my heart jump. Slowly I turned away form the door. was there a chance she was lying?

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

ImaneAitDaoudThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 6:47 pm:
hey guys! I would love it if you read my book and leave some feed back. thanks!