Pokemon Supernova | Teen Ink

Pokemon Supernova

March 28, 2011
By prima, corona, California
More by this author
prima, Corona, California
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments

1.
THE NEW TRAINER
Kaira stared out her window at the sight of her new town of Twinleaf. The sky glared back at her with a sickly gloom.
Kaira felt homesick. She missed her old hometown bitterly. She had come from Johto, and her family had to move here only because her father had volunteered to help out professor Rowan in his research of a strange new pokemon that he had recently discovered.
Kaira sighed. She made her way down stairs. She was the only one in her house awake, for it was only 5:30 in the morning and she was the only one in her family unable to sleep, lost in her thoughts and memories all night. She stepped outside in her bare feet, and felt the cold, wet ground from the rain last night. She looked around hopefully. She knew she wasn't the only one to be awake at this time. And there was only one other person she was thankful to have around this strange new region. Someone she had looked up to as something almost even more than a friend.
Barry had been the first person to greet her and make her feel welcome in Twinleaf Town. When she had first moved in, he had introduced her to all the neighbors and pokemon he knew in town, and even though they had only known each other for three weeks now, Kaira and Barry became great friends.
It was unusual for Kaira to make friends with somebody, for back in her old home, people treated her like she was some kind of weirdo just because she didn't like pokemon. It was true- Kaira couldn't stand being around pokemon. She could never stand being around them, nor could they stand being around her. And it wasn't Kaira's fault….there was just something about her that made her automatically fear pokemon and make pokemon not like her. Kaira hated it. She wanted to like pokemon, to be normal around them like everyone else, but there was just something natural about her that made her dislike them. Kaira had always looked at it like some sort of stupid disorder about her. But that was one of the main reasons she had very little friends. Often people around her age of fifteen, she pretended to be a naïve, weird person that made people view her as an absent-minded outcast. But when she met Barry, Barry had gotten the bright side out of her. She stared up into the empty gray morning sky as she remembered how Barry's enthusiasm and spirit had gotten her to enjoy being around him, and even be herself around him. Barry was the first person to open her up like that, and become a true friend to her already. He didn't treat her like she was a strange, unsocial weirdo, and he saw her as a good friend. The sad part was….he didn't see her as anything more than a friend.
Kaira had grown to love being around Barry, even though some of the time, he was busy running around with his pokemon. But Kaira wished that one day she could tell him her true feelings about him.
The cold breeze blew over Kaira. She liked the cold. She loved the rain and the chilly winter breeze that would blow over her chocolate brown hair. But even the close winter season here wasn't the same as in Johto.
She took a walk up the road, hoping to find him where she expected him to be.
Barry was tossing stones out into the cold wet pool-- known as Lake Verity. Thankfully to Kaira, he was alone and didn't have his Empoleon with him.
She managed a slight smile at the side of her face as she approached his side.
"Hey Barry," she murmured.
"Oh hey. A little early to be out right now! I bet you didn't sleep, huh?"
Kaira shrugged. "It's not like I have anything important planned for today." The air blew in her pale white face again.
"Ha! Hey, my parents complain about me not getting enough sleep since I'm always so busy working up late with my pokemon, you know? It's fun to have pokemon to keep you busy and excited for what's to come, that I barely get little to no sleep some nights. I get less sleep from liking this place TOO much. You, on the other hand, get very little sleep from not liking this place enough. Isnt that kinda funny?" He picked up another stone and tossed it into the water.
I chuckled. "Yeah, I was just thinking all night. There's really nothing to miss about the Johto region…..I really had no friends there. But it was where I was born and….well….the noise the Starly were making last night reminded me of the way the Hoothoots used to do the same at night. It reminded me of how homesick I really was."
Barry met Kaira's gaze. "Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. But hey! The pokemon here arent that bad. And I'm sure I've seen a Hoothoot or two once in a while around here. This place isn't entirely wiped out of Johto pokemon."
Kaira huffed. "I just wish I could feel the same about ANY pokemon."
"Hey, I believe if anyone tries, they can achieve ANYTHING, as long as the try. You just need a little motivation, and some spirit to keep you from despairing! And I'm gonna make sure I teach you." Barry went from an understanding gaze to a serious, forceful expression. "No friend of mine is gonna live their lives, not knowing what it's like to have a special bond with pokemon!"
Kaira giggled. It always lightened her spirits whenever she shared the, with Barry. "Hey! I really wouldn't mind if I have to stay here for the rest of my life, you know."
"Hey, did you know that this very lake lives one of the three pokemon?" Said Barry, tossing another stone as hard as he could far out into the lake. He wasn't taking Kaira's comment seriously. "Mesprit, the Being of Emotions, can control how people feel about things. Neat, huh?"
He looked at her with a raised smile, and Kaira just rolled her eyes and smiled. "Sure. I guess Mesprit is the reason I just happen to hate her and all the other pokemon around me?"
Barry laughed and gave her a friendly push. "No! Mesprit can change that if it wants to. Since you're so scared, I come here every morning to try and ask it myself."
Kaira looked at Barry with a tender expression. "Really?"
"Yep. Of course, I've never seen it myself face to face, for it's totally rare and too valuable to be seen by humans, but yeah! I try to tell it to help people like you to be yourself and enjoy pokemon around you!"
"Aw, you really don't--"
"Whoa! What time is it?" Barry suddenly looked at his pokewatch with widened eyes. He met Kaira's gaze. "Hehe, sorry bout that. But hey, Professor Rowan should be up by now. I hear he's giving out starter pokemon today!"
"Starter pokemon?" Kaira gave Barry a funny look.
"Yeah, every season, old man Rowan gives out a Piplup, a Turtwig, or a Chimchar to anyone who wants to start their pokemon training. You should pick one! I was thinking this would be a great opportunity to help you bond with pokemon more! Come on! Let's go, I'll take you!" Barry was starting to run off again, but Kaira stopped him.
"Hey, wait!" She had a frustrated look on her face.
Barry turned to her. "Huh? What's wrong?"
"Look….it's just that…I've already tried this before. I was already offered a starter pokemon in Johto…and I failed. Badly."
"Really?" Barry turned from his running position to face her again.
"Yeah, I picked the easiest pokemon that everyone said was the calmest and the most obedient….and it didn't like me," Kaira explained the dreadful moment without meeting Barry's gaze. She looked down at her bare feet. "I picked Chikorita. I took it home, and let it out of its poke ball. I was so scared at what to do next once it was free, that I just panicked and tried to send it back to its poke ball. But the Chikorita was happy and excited to get out that it escaped and wandered around the house, and I…well….I don't want to talk about what I did next and what happened after that."
"Aw, come on. This will be different! I'm gonnaa be here to help you!"
Kaira looked up and met Barry's excited and understanding gaze. She suddenly felt determined. "Well, I guess I can try again. But I'm serious. If I mess up this time, I'm never touching another pokemon in my life."
"Oh yes, you will!" Barry gave her a devious smile. "I'm gonna make sure you get pressured as much as you can by pokemon until you realize how fun they are! Now come on and let's go see those starters!" Barry took off without her, and Kaira gazed after him with an uneasy but admiring expression, and then she laughed and took off after him.
"Hey! Hey, Barry wait up!" She ran through the woods in her bare feet, until she realized how frozen they were. She gasped and clenched her teeth. "Shoot! Barry! Come back! Where'd you go?" She kept herself from gazing around, for the fear of being alone in the wild and surrounded by pokemon would only get worse. She ran forwards, yelling, "Barry! Hey, Barry!"
She clumsily tripped over a short rock---only that it wasn't a rock, but a sleeping Bonsly that woke up with a start.
"Bonsliii!" It cried and jumped around. Kaira, laying on her side, gasped and froze in fear, until the Bonsly bounced away.
Her gaze followed it as it snuck passed a strange group of people in the trees. She narrowed her eyes and peered into the thicket. There were about four tall dark people, and a large bulky creature on four legs at their side. As a low, menacing growl sounded from their way, Kaira immediately knew they were trouble. She got up and ran back home.
She arrived at Professor Rowan's lab looking like a homeless, helpless kid. Her white and gray nightgown she had been wearing was partly muddy from her fall, and her hair was brushed, though slightly ruffled from running. Her feet were dirty, and turning blue from the cold they had been in. All her feelings of happiness and spirit from her earlier encounter with Barry had all been washed away and she felt like a loser again. She looked around and saw that several scientists were wandering around the strange lab, and then she widened her eyes hopefully as she saw Barry with his Empoleon by his side, coming up to the corner of the lab where there were three poke balls.
Then Kaira's gaze faltered as she realized who else was gathered around the pokeballs. Dawn, a sixteen year old girl who lived just two blocks away from her house, was standing between Barry, and a boy named Lucas. She wore her pink jacket and fluffy white scarf, and her hair looked as perfect and shiny as it can ever be on this cold, dry morning. Her face was smiling and she looked happy and satisfied as she chatted with Barry and Lucas about the new starters in the pokeballs. As usual, Dawn was her outgoing, opinionated self.
She was nice, Kaira thought, though Kaira didn't like her one bit. One reason, was because she had known Barry longer, and Barry had become almost like her best friend before he met Kaira. Another reason was because she seemed to want to know everything there was about pokemon, just like Barry did, and to Kaira, that just proved she was a better friend to Barry, considering she loved pokemon and had a spirit for training pokemon just like he did. Kaira never tried to let the thought bother her, but it always occurred to her that Barry might just secretly be in love with Dawn, or Dawn might secretly be in love with him. They weren't the friendliest towards each other, though. Kaira knew perfectly well that Barry was nicer to her than he was to Dawn, for he and Dawn treated each other like misshapen brothers and sisters. But their arguments they purposely started among each other were obviously fake, and it just showed how much they really cared for each other as good friends…maybe even more.
Kaira watched with a devious feeling welling up inside of her as she watched Barry push Dawn out of his way so he can peer into the pokeball in the middle. Dawn frowned and gave him a sharp pinch on the shoulder and made him step away. They got into some kind of argument that Kaira couldn't hear, but from the way Kaira saw their faces lighten up and the way Lucas was rolling his eyes and smiling, that they were just in another one of their teasing quarrels.
Kaira was so focused in her glare at the three of them, that she didn't realize a strange, ice cold creature that was purring against her dirty leg.
"Hhh-huh?" Kaira flinched and lifted her right leg up and covered her mouth as she gazed down in horror at Glaceon, Dawn's own pokemon. "Achhh! Get away from me!" She jumped back, bumping into a shelf of books and fell down, knocking several off the shelf and falling around her.
Glaceon, looking confused, suddenly realized what a noob Kaira had been after it had just been friendly to her. Glaceon's ice cold eyes narrowed into slits and it gave a ferocious hiss and her, breathing out a cold breath of air towards Kaira and stalked away towards Dawn and the others.
Barry, Lucas, Dawn all noticed Kaira.
"Hey! There you are Kaira!" Called Barry excitedly. "What were you doing? Come over here and join us!"
Kaira felt humiliated. She frowned and sighed, and felt like never getting up again.

2.
CASAVON
Kaira watched with a devious feeling welling up inside of her as she watched Barry push Dawn out of his way so he can peer into the pokeball in the middle. Dawn frowned and gave him a sharp pinch on the shoulder and made him step away. They got into some kind of argument that Kaira couldn't hear, but from the way Kaira saw their faces lighten up and the way Lucas was rolling his eyes and smiling, that they were just in another one of their teasing quarrels.
Kaira was so focused in her glare at the three of them, that she didn't realize a strange, ice cold creature that was purring against her dirty leg.
"Hhh-huh?" Kaira flinched and lifted her right leg up and covered her mouth as she gazed down in horror at Glaceon, Dawn's own pokemon. "Achhh! Get away from me!" She jumped back, bumping into a shelf of books and fell down, knocking several off the shelf and falling around her.
Glaceon, looking confused, suddenly realized what a noob Kaira had been after it had just been friendly to her. Glaceon's ice cold eyes narrowed into slits and it gave a ferocious hiss and her, breathing out a cold breath of air towards Kaira and stalked away towards Dawn and the others.
Barry, Lucas, Dawn all noticed Kaira.
"Hey! There you are Kaira!" Called Barry excitedly. "What were you doing? Come over here and join us!"
Kaira felt humiliated. She frowned and sighed, and felt like never getting up again.
Barry, Lucas, and Dawn all hurried over to her. Dawn was holding her Glaceon. She stared down at Kaira with a narrowed look. "You didn't have to scream like that. Glaceon was actually trying to be friendly with you."
Kaira glared back up at Dawn and looked away.
Barry held out a hand towards her. "Come on, Kaira! Get up and meet the pokemon. You're not hurt, are you?"
Kaira took his hand and got up. She was slightly angry that Barry wasn't even apologizing that he had left her behind in the woods. "No, I'm fine," she muttered under her breath, looking down.
Glaceon hissed at her again. Dawn was glaring at Kaira with the same expression. "I'm surprised Glaceon would even TRY. You're always turning down pokemon whether they wanna scare you or not."
Kaira just met Dawn's gaze, thinking "It's not my fault, you stupid wannabe!" But she kept her mouth shut. Kaira was always unsocial and weird around people that were her age, which was why she had never made many friends. Dawn, especially, was one of the people she couldn't stand having around. She and Barry were always so hip and chatty around each other, and Kaira couldn't help suspecting they secretly loved each other deep down. Barry was the only person who acted like Kaira's best friend, and Kaira had fallen in love with him in the three weeks she had moved here. To see someone like Dawn with him, someone that was his type and shared so many common adventures with pokemon like he did, it just made Kaira mad. But she kept her unresponsive personality the same around Dawn.
Lucas gave Kaira a hopeful look. "I've already met all the starters last night. They seem much friendlier than last season's."
Dawn nodded and laughed. "The Piplup is way more calm and respectful than my feisty little one!"
Barry shrugged and gave a narrowed smile. "Your Piplup will never become as feisty and powerful as my EMPOLEON."
"Shut up," replied Dawn challengingly. "Piplup can battle you any day and win."
"Well then!" Lucas threw his hands up between them before they could start their yappy quarreling. "We should take a look at those pokemon!" He led the way back towards the corner where the three pokeballs were kept.
Kaira kept to the back by Barry's side. "I don't know…" she said with uncertainty. "I'm just gonna lose my faith once I let the pokemon out of its poke ball."
"Come on!" Urged Barry. "You're just despairing again. You'll never get anywhere if you just despair!"
Dawn turned to meet her gaze. "Yeah, if you keep believing that you're just gonna fail, it's just going to seem more possible."
Kaira bit her lip. To have Barry encourage her with understanding and enthusiasm in his tone was one thing, but for Dawn to remind her how unsuccessful she was different.
"I did have faith in myself before," said Kaira, "but then I just lose it when my stupid disorder kicks in."
Dawn nodded. "I'm really sorry about that. But you can still get a little more acquainted with pokemon if you try hard enough."

"Hey, Kaira!" Barry picked up the middle pokeball. "You ought to get a Piplup! That way you'll ace through pokemon battles and learn what it's like to be a trainer at the same time!"
"I don't think she should get a Piplup," said Dawn with concern. "You know how proud and headstrong they are. My Piplup even had trouble with me the first time I got it."
Lucas nodded. "I would say Turtwig would be the best. It's obedient and friendly."
Barry gave an unsure expression. "Mmm, Turtwig's a little slow on learning. Chimchar can be a beast at training. It's friendly, AND a strong little guy!"
Kaira wasn't finding any of the choices appealing. She sighed. "I really don't know…..maybe I should just try another pokemon? Are Starly easy to train?"
Lucas met her gaze. "Starly are easy to train. But I wouldn't want to look to just a simple Starly to start my journey."
"The choice is yours, Kaira," said a deep serious voice. Professor Rowan joined them all. "Which will it be?" He took the left poke ball and threw out a Chimchar. "Chimchar?" He threw out the next one. "Piplup?" He threw out the last. "Or Turtwig?"
Kaira glanced at all the pokemon and her heart pounded. That stupid feeling she always felt when she was around pokemon struck her. Why must she always feel this way? No matter how hard she tried, or what she told herself, her fear of pokemon was like a permanent disorder. "Uh…." She took a step back and felt humiliated. She knew she was turning red in front of everybody.
Dawn gave her a concerned look. "If you like, we could choose for you. And then we'll all help you in your training."
"Come on, Kaira," said Lucas encouragingly. "They're all great pokemon."
Chimchar was hopping around excitedly and looking happy to see people around it. It looked up at Lucas. "Chim! Chimcharrr!"
Lucas laughed and gave it a pat on the head. Its tailed burned nicely and it seemed to smile.
"Hey, look at your new trainer over there," Lucas pointed to Kaira. "Try and show her how strong you could be, and she might just pick you to be her next pokemon!"
Chimchar met Kaira's startled shy gaze, and suddenly its eyes narrowed into slits. Its tail flamed wildly and it made a low growl.
Dawn glanced down at it. "Chimchar? Are you okay?"
Kaira held up her hands. "Um…haha, excuse me. I'm probably just going to start problems." She walked towards the exit passed the three starters.
Barry blocked her way. "Hey! You're not going anywhere!" He had a mischievous look in his eyes. "If any pokemon's gonna pick on you, then I'll be there to teach it to behave!"
Kaira smiled. "Yeah, if you know how to heal a permanent disorder."
Suddenly, Kaira felt her back get splashed by cold water. She gasped as she turned to face the Piplup, who was glaring at her with blue, icy eyes. The Piplup cried out a loud, "Piiiipluup!" And spat out a strong Bubble attack towards Kaira. She choked a shocked gasp and fell to the floor again, scaring away the Turtwig nearby.
Dawn gasped. "Oh my gosh! Are you all right?" She came over to hand Kaira a towel. "And the Piplup was so nice this morning!"
Kaira huffed. "It's always my fault." She threw back the towel and ran out the door, not looking back.
Kaira ran to her house and up the stairs, ignoring her mother's greeting from the kitchen. She slammed her door shut and threw herself on her bed. She felt like hiding her face in her pillow for the rest of her life. She didn't cry though-- she never did cry. Sometimes even she wondered why how sometimes, no matter how sad she felt, she couldn't cry. Tears never swelled up in her eyes whenever she was sad. Perhaps it was because she was so used to being left out and insecure with pokemon that she couldn't bring herself to cry at the right time. Kaira sighed and stared out the gloomy window again. A flock of Starly flew in the distance. They were so cute, they way they followed each other in a straight line, and pecked at each other playfully as they circled around the trees. "Too bad I couldn't bring myself to enjoy them," thought Kaira bitterly. She huffed and blew a strand of hair from her eyes.
Kaira didn't show up from her room until evening. Her father was still with Professor Rowan, still busy with his research.
Barry had been at her door two or three times, calling her to come out, but she had ignored him. She didn't want to show her face in front of him while he was with Dawn and Lucas. They were always with him throughout the day, whenever he had his free time. Kaira cursed at Dawn, for the only time Barry did have free time was when he wasn't busy training his pokemon. But Kaira could barely have any time when she could have Barry all to herself, since Dawn or Lucas were either with him. And Kaira couldn't be herself in front of anybody but Barry. Even Lucas, who was polite and understanding about her personality wasn't enough to make Kaira feel comfortable and herself.
She sat at the kitchen table, staring out at the evening sky. "What's wrong with me?" She muttered. Why couldn't she like pokemon like everyone else did?
Suddenly, something banged at her door. She huffed, knowing it was Barry. "Might as well answer now, there's nothing else I want to do." She got up and walked towards the door.
But when she answered it, there was no Barry. Instead, something small and fast dashed into the house passed her legs and hopped up the bottom of the stairs, sitting atop the banister.
Kaira gasped as she realized that it was Chimchar-- the same Chimchar from Rowan's lab. It looked around the house curiously, sniffing and hopping from one place to another, crying out its monkey cry.
"Ahh! No! Shoo! Get outta here!" Kaira grabbed a broom nearby and threw it clumsily towards the Chimchar, scaring it away and crashing it into a chair.
The Chimchar made a snarl at her and dashed up the stairs.
"Hey, come back! Get out!" Kaira shot up the stairs after it. She had no idea how to handle a pokemon loose in her house.
She made a leap towards the Chimchar, but fell to the floor as it escaped her grab. It yelled angrily back at her and breathed out a slight burn at her.
Kaira screamed and saw that her left forearm had a red burn on it. Chimchar suddenly leaped into her room. She got up and followed it. What could it want from her? Earlier, it treated her like an enemy it had been expecting, and now it just randomly shows up in her house, heading towards her room.
She looked around her room. The Chimchar was gone. But the window was tightly shut.
"Chimchaaa!" Came a muffled cry from the closet.
Kaira gasped. The crazy pokemon was probably burning all her clothes! She swung her closet open and saw that the Chimchar was carrying a small pink toy treasure chest that was almost its size.
"Hey! That's mine!" Kaira's tone was angry now, not scared. The pink toy treasure chest had been her childhood toy, and inside it contained the silver ring her mother had given her before she died. She promised herself that she would keep her mother's wedding ring safe in the toy box, locked away unless the toy key unlocked it.
Chimchar met Kaira's gaze with angry eyes and blew out a puff of smoke. "Chimchar!" It yelled challengingly.
Kaira couldn't let this pokemon take off with it. "Give it back!" She yelled. Then her gaze faltered. "Please….give it back. It's special to me." She doubted this pokemon even understood how she felt or what she meant, so she looked around for her phone so she could call Professor Rowan for help.
But suddenly, the Chimchar leaped onto her shoulder and then leaped at the window, opening it up with its long arms and took off with the box.
Kaira took her purple sweater and ran after it into the dark night. "Chimchar!" She yelled, forgetting about asking for help as she ran pass Professor Rowan's house. All she cared about was getting her mother's ring back. "Chimchar, come back! I'm gonna get you, you little…" Her voice lowered as she pushed her way through the woods and followed its flaming tail. It stopped at the edge of Lake Verity.
Kaira appeared from the bushes, and glared at the pokemon. "I've got you now. Give me back my box!"
Chimchar met her gaze and its tail glowed. "Chimcharrr!" It showed no sign of fear as Kaira approached. It suddenly held up the pink box towards the full moon.
Kaira stopped and winced. "What the world are you doing?!" She gasped.
Suddenly the box glowed bright pink. The moon's shine seemed to become a brighter beam as it shone on the box.
"Hey, if anything happens to that ring inside, I swear I'm gonna--" Kaira's voice was surprisingly challenging and she impressed herself at how determined she felt towards this pokemon.
Chimchar interrupted her with a shot of fire. Kaira ducked and avoided it, but she kept her eye on the box. Suddenly, it hovered off of Chimchar's hands in the air.
Kaira suddenly remembered Mesprit, the Being of Emotions. Whatever this Chimchar was doing, did it have anything to do with Mesprit?
"Chimchar….." Kaira watched in awe as the Chimchar shot a blast of purple and white flames towards the box. Purple and white? Kaira wasn't sure if those were even flames. But suddenly, the box unlocked without her toy key, and a tiny horizontally oval shape, about the size of a four-inch bean bag. Something at the center of it was glowing silver, and Kaira realized it was the ring that belonged to her mother.
"Hey! The ring! What the heck are you doing to it?!" Kaira suddenly took a fallen tree branch at her foot. "GIVE IT BACK!" She leaped up towards the oval shape above the box, and whacked her branch at it, ignoring the angry cry of Chimchar.
But as the oval shape fell from the air, Chimchar suddenly leapt at Kaira's face and shook her head until she fell on her knees.
"Ahh! Get offa me!" She yelled, pulling the pokemon off her face.
A musical squeak suddenly sounded over the forest. It was like an echo, though it only came from where Kaira was. Chimchar let go of Kaira's face and the both of them stared up at the oval shape that hovered back up in the air. The toy box was on the ground, and the oval suddenly shone brightly. Kaira saw that it was a yellow creature with small button eyes and a tiny mouth. Just underneath the mouth was the glowing ring at the center of its body, and on the bottom corners were its two stubby small legs. It had arms too, tiny short arms at the sides of the glowing ring. It was like the shape of an egg, except it was horizontal, and at the sides of it stuck out two black dents like ears.
It made a squeaky noise again and raised up its tiny arms, making the ring shine even more brightly. The squeak was high and musical, creating a harmonic slur that sounded like a flute. To Kaira, the creature was cute in a way, though she started to back away, for her instincts told her it was some kind of pokemon.
"M-Mesprit?" Her voice quavered. Apparently, this Chimchar knew this pokemon was in her box, and it had brought it to the Lake Verity to free it. Could this be one of the Three? Mesprit, the Being of Emotions?
Chimchar gave Kaira a punishing slap on the foot and cried at the oval pokemon. "Chimmii! Chimchar!" It waved its arms and jumped up and down at the pokemon.
The little pokemon suddenly opened its tiny mouth and gave out an even higher cry and suddenly, the moon shone brightly and practically lit up the whole forest.
Kaira stared around her wide-eyed. "Wha-?! What's happened? Hey, cut that out! What in the world?!!"
Suddenly the pokemon stopped its singing and looked at Kaira. Kaira felt a shudder through her, and tried to tell herself that it was a tiny, cute little creature staring at her with button eyes, and not a menacing red-eyed monster.
But then Chimchar started giving out whining cries as if it wanted the pokemon to keep singing. The yellow pokemon suddenly drifted towards Kaira, and Kaira stood frozen.
"I'm not running this time….I'm not running this time…." She told herself through clenched teeth.
The little pokemon landed on her head and squeaked happily, cuddling in the smooth top of her head.
Kaira would've fainted, but then she felt a strange tremor through her. It was a giddy feeling of happiness and excitement she had never felt around pokemon before.
Was this how Mesprit controlled feelings?
Suddenly, there was an alarming call from the lake, and Chimchar suddenly flinched and leaped in the air, kicking in terror. "CHIMMMCHARR! CHIMM!" It cried out its terrified cry and leaped at Kaira's head, trying to pull the oval pokemon off.
As the little oval shape clung to Kaira's hair, she stood in horror as she realized she had two pokemon on her head. Before she knew it, she was screaming like crazy. "AHHHHH! HELLLP!! GET OFFFF! AHHH!" She raced back to Twinleaf and tripped over again, falling into a mud puddle. "Dammit!" She sputtered in distress, whipping her head, trying to shake off the oval pokemon and Chimchar who clung to it.
The oval pokemon was whimpering in its meek, squeaky cry. Suddenly, the oval pokemon let go and cast a black wind that sent Kaira tumbling head over heels once, and blacked out.

Barry was running as fast as his legs could carry him. Heracross kept up with his speed, despite the bad shape he was in.
"Ahh! Great, I can't believe we lost to Paul….again! Hercross…you were great. At least that jerk was nice enough to leave one pokemon that could help me travel back home!" Barry's expression looked wide-eyed and distressed, as if he were shocked, angry, and in a hurry at the same time, which was exactly what he felt.
Barry had spent all night battling Paul up in Floaroma Town. It had been ages since Barry had last seen the strange, ambitious trainer, and even though Barry's pokemon had grown twenty times tougher, Paul had as well. The battle had been tough, taking up the entire night. Barry almost had Paul beaten, but Paul's Electivire had grown powerful to wipe out the last of his pokemon. By the time it was morning, Barry's last pokemon, Heracross, was almost down, while Electivire was as tough and unhurt as can be. Barry knew he would be grounded if he didn't return home by midnight, and he was already way pass that time. Paul had let him go, concluding his victory of their "useless" and "pathetic" battle. But before Barry had stormed off, he made Paul promise to make a visit sometime today before he left. Paul was traveling to the base of Mt. Coronet, seeking the strange new species of pokemon that Professor Rowan and Kaira's father, Theodore, were inspecting. Apparently, Paul had heard about their latest experience.
"Huh! While that guy's chasing fairies that probably don't even exist, Imma be training you all until you're the toughest pokemon in the world! And don't worry, Heracross! I promise I wont strain you guys, I'll show I can train enough without even trying super hard!"
He glanced at his watch. "6:30?! Dang, I've been battling for HOURS!"
"Herrr," muttered Heracross as he ran by his side, entering the town of Twinleaf.
Barry laughed. "Well, minus the time I spent discussing to Paul about what's been happening lately. I can't believe he's been through so much since we've seen each other!"
Barry arrived at the pokemon center, healed his pokemon, and then rushed out, heading back to his house.
He managed to arrive before his mother had woken up. "Good thing she wakes up pretty late," muttered Barry, running up the stairs noisily.
Suddenly, he caught a glimpse of his door shutting quickly before he reached the top of the stairs. "Hey, what the--" He ran up to his closed door and tried to open it, but something on the other side held it shut. Barry frowned and banged on the door. "Hey! Hey, whoever's in there, you better open the door, or I'm giving you a FINE!!!" He reached into his pocket for Empoleon's pokeball. "Don't make me Drill Peck the door open!"
The door suddenly flung open and the Chimchar from Rowan's lab appeared with a strange shock in its eyes. "Chiiim!" It cried, jumping up and down.
"Chimchar! Hey, what's going on?!" Barry demanded.
"Ahh! Barry!" Cried Kaira's voice.
Barry glanced over where Kaira laid on his bed on her back, her arms and legs strapped to the mattress by vines.
"Kaira?! What in the world! I should give you a fine! What the heck are you doing here?" Barry suddenly widened his eyes and flinched. "Ahh! And what kind of pokemon is THAT?!" He pointed at the strange horizontal oval shape that had a silver gem glowing at its center. The poke on was hovering above Kaira, squeaking happily as it circled around her, singing a musical, harmonic cry.
"Ughhh! I have noooo idea!" Kaira yelled. "But I'm scared out of my guts! Please help me out of here! This crazy little egghead wont even let Chimchar free me!"
Barry approached Kaira, but then a shot of purple electricity shot in front of him, shaking the room slightly. Barry jumped back in surprise.
"Chiiiiii!!!" Squeaked the oval pokemon angrily. Its button eyes looked cute when it was angry.
"This Chimchar just swooped in my house and stole my toy treasure box!" Explained Kaira. "I followed it up to Lake Verity and it summoned this weirdo that's singing over my head! Is this Mesprit or something?"
Barry stared at her, and then broke out laughing. "Ah-hahahah! No wayyy that's Mesprit! My gosh, you need to pay attention to pokemon more, Kaira!"
"Hey, I don't know how I'm even keeping myself alive around these two! This yellow pokemon put me to sleep and I just woke up about five minutes ago in this room. I have no idea what this pokemon's trying to do, but its singing sure is both annoying and lovely at the same time, its crazily entrancing me!"
The hovering pokemon was singing in a low tone as she spoke, and its tiny mouth seemed to open and close as it glowed with intensifying light.
Kaira was shaking. "Ughhh…..what's it doing?"
Barry chuckled nervously, staring at the pokemon in awe. "Hehehe, I really have no idea what kind of pokemon this is. I've got to take a picture of this! Hang on, where's my pokedex?"
Suddenly, Chimchar cried out a startled, "Chiim!!" And the oval pokemon's singing started whirring around it as it stopped singing and started whimpering in pain, its tiny arms thrashing up and down as its whimpering turned to shrieking cries of terror. It's scream became so loud it shook the room, and Kaira was suddenly freed. Barry fell to his knees. "Whoa what the--?!" Suddenly, a blackness swept over them and Barry blacked out.
Something was licking Barry's forehead. "Ugh….mom? Kaira? Dawn?" His vision was blurry, and by the time it cleared, he realized the yellow oval pokemon was smiling down at him, and then it continued to lick his head with its sticky tongue.
"Huh? Hey! You!" Barry immediately shot up, but the oval pokemon gave a squeak and clung on with its tiny arms.
"Hey, get offa me, you little---huh? Hey, wait! Where am I?" He looked around with the tiny four-inch yellow pokemon clinging onto his forehead. "Hey! I'm in….Mt. Coronet! What the heck happened?! Oh yeah! I was zapped by this little shape!" He gasped. "Kaira!" He looked around for his friend that was just tied to his bed. "I could've sworn she was freed before my head went to sleep…..hey! You egghead!" He went cross-eyed as he frowned up at the yellow pokemon clinging onto his forehead. "You explain in your sing-songy language what the heck you're up to! Why were you in Kaira's toy box? Why did you send her to my room? How long have I been asleep?! Why am I here?!! What's going on?!?!"
The yellow oval stopped licking. "Chiiii…." It murmured innocently and then continued licking.
"Hey, that's actually a little uncomfortable, you know. Huh?" Barry glanced over at a rock jutting out by a stream. Kaira was laying on her side next to it, with Chimchar upon the rock, looking down at her with worry in its eyes.
"Kaira!" Barry ran over to Kaira and knelt down by her side. He put his arm around her shoulder and gave her a soft shake. "Kaira? You awake? You okay?" She was breathing, though very slowly. Barry suddenly felt strangely scared for her. "Urghhh…..oh no, Kaira…WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" He demanded, at the yellow pokemon.
The yellow pokemon stopped its licking and faced Kaira, still sticking onto Barry's forehead like a yellow horizontal oval tattoo. It blew a small puff of smoke from its tiny mouth towards Kaira's nose, and she sniffled and sneezed as the smoke disappeared into her nostrils.
Barry gasped. "What are you doing? And will you get offa me?! You're not doing anything useful, and you're--nothing--but--a--problem--!" He struggled as he grabbed the tiny pokemon and tried pulling it off his face.
But the tiny pokemon was incredibly strong and it clung onto Barry's head, squealing and shaking him roughly, that Barry fell from his knees and landed on Kaira's side, waking her up.
"Uh!" Gasped Kaira, her eyes shooting open. She whipped her head to Barry with shock. "Barry!" She breathed.
Barry stared at her with a confused look in his eyes, and then immediately shot up on his feet. "Ahh….sorry! Just making sure you're all right!" The yellow pokemon snickered and continued licking. Chimchar snickered along as well. Barry glared up at the yellow pokemon. "This little nitwitt is just nothing but a….WILL YOU GET OFF MY FACE AND STOP LICKING ME?!!" Barry's voice echoed through the cavernous cave around them in Mt. Coronet.
Kaira was gazing up at Barry with admiration in her face for a moment, and then blinked into surprise. "Barry, it's not licking you! It's……sucking on you!"
Chimchar gazed up at Barry with wide eyes. "Chim-chaaa!" It jumped up and down.
"Huh? Ahh! Get it off!" Barry pulled at the pokemon even harder.
"Don't pull on it!" Cried Kaira. "You'll make it--"
The little pokemon made its squealing cry and its button eyes shrank as tears started to drip out. The pokemon squeezed its eyes shut and suddenly, a wave of black air swept around Barry and he disappeared. The little yellow pokemon was alone in front of Chimchar and Kaira, blinking its tears away.
Barry found himself holding his breath underwater. He splashed out and thrashed around wildly. "Help! Help! I must be in the middle of the sea! HELLLLP!"
But then, he heard a squeaky giggle. His feet touched the ground, and he realized he was only in the stream next to Kaira, Chimchar, and the yellow pokemon that stood in front of them, looking at him deviously.
"Oh you---!" Barry noisily splashed his way over to the nearby shore. The oval yellow pokemon jumped in front of him and blew a tiny puff of air that sent him flying back a few feet back into the stream.
Kaira couldn't help laughing.
Barry sputtered and got out of the stream at the other side. "Ugh! If only I had my pokeballs with me right now! I would catch that pokemon and teach it a lesson!"
"Chim-chaaaarr!" Chimchar jumped up and down, facing the little pokemon with wide eyes.
The yellow pokemon suddenly looked sad and squeaked back a helpless reply.
Kaira glanced at them. "What in the world are they talking about? As if it really matters! How do we get out of here?!" She turned to face Barry, who had arrived over the stones across the stream.
He was wet, but his face still showed alert determination. "Actually, these pokemon are probably what I thought they were." He pulled a seaweed out of his hair.
"They are aliens from space?" Kaira guessed jokingly.
"Something like that."
"What? Really?"
"Yeah, see, Professor Rowan says he's discovered pokemon from the base of Mt. Coronet that are a strange particular species," Barry was eying the little pokemon as it hovered around, with Chimchar curiously following it. "He said that the pokemon's DNA has been said to have come from….well….not exactly outer space, but perhaps from somewhere as if another dimension."
Kaira winced. "How the heck does he know? I've never seen this pokemon in his lab."
"He hasn't seen the pokemon for real," said Barry. "He's only found remains, such as those weird sparkles that the pokemon's leaving behind. He's found DNA from those sparkles and analyzed that it has DNA of a strange species that could have something to do with those comets and matter from outer space. I'm not a super nerd, but all I know is that he's predicted that this pokemon may have the abilities of something as close to a shapeshifter, with the ability to travel through not just different places like it has done with us, but also different dimensions through space and time."
Kaira raised her eyebrows and glanced at the yellow pokemon as it started to glow again. "You mean like Dialga and Palkia?" She had heard stories of the two powerful and mystic pokemon of the Sinnoh region.
Barry laughed. "Not exactly. This pokemon was found to have been a SHAPESHIFTER. Dialga and Palkia can control the space and time, and pokemon like this egg face can travel through all the dimensions and places in space by shape shifting in different forms of some sort. Like right now, it's probably not even from this planet. It could've come from a totally different world, a whole different universe, and has only shifted into this shape to appear visible on this planet."
"But what about Chimchar? Why is it following that pokemon around like its expecting it to do something?"
Barry raised his eyebrows at Chimchar. "Well, you said Chimchar summoned this pokemon to free it from the box it got locked in. It was probably expecting it to come in this world, and Chimchar could've possibly needed it for something, so it freed it from the box it was locked in."
"If Chimchar needs the pokemon, could it be possible--"
"That Chimchar could be a shape shifter also?" Barry interrupted her, reading her thoughts. "Exactly what I was thinking! Hey, I bet it's not even a real Chimchar! It's probably a whole new creature from another world that's shape shifted into a Chimchar to be visible in a dimension like this! Awesome!" Barry knelt next to the Chimchar. "Hey, Chimchar! Can you possibly--"
"But wait!" Shouted Kaira. "What are we supposed to do? I bet the whole reason why these pokemon brought us to this part of Mt. Coronet was because they wanted to find a way back to their dimension somehow. You said Rowan first found their DNA in here, so this place could've been the first place they arrived in. it could also be their only place to leave also."
"Huh? Well, what do they want with US?! Why take us here with them?"
"Exactly what I'm saying! We really should find our way outta here. Just leave those time-traveling aliens to find their way. We need to get home!"
"Hey, we don't have to!" Barry felt anxiously jumpy now. "We can follow these pokemon to where they came from, and discover what else we can find in their new world! I bet there's more pokemon out there that meets the eye!"
"And have no hope of returning back?!" Kaira sounded urgent and terrified. "No way! We should--"
"But we could be famous!" Barry grabbed her shoulders and looked into her eyes excitedly. For a moment, Kaira's eyes were a different kind of anxiousness, but Barry didn't notice it. "Together, we could be like…..the two first time-traveling explorers to discover a new world---no, a new DIMENSION!"
"Barry, calm down," Kaira grabbed his wrist and pushed his hands off her. "I'm not going anywhere with these…pokemon. I just can't. I--"
"Hey….." Barry was staring at her in awe. "….you seem to be taking this whole thing much better than I thought! Are you even as scared as you think you are?"
Kaira raised her eyebrows. "Well….I do feel irritatingly uncomfortable, but I'm not freaking out as much as before."
"Hey, that's awesome!"
Suddenly, Kaira felt something crawling up her neck. "Eeee…." She knew it was the little yellow pokemon. She heard its squeaky hum "Oh no….GET IT OFF!"
"Whoa, calm down," Barry reached to poke the oval pokemon's head as it clung to the side of Kaira's neck. "It's really cute! We should give it a name. Kinda reminds me of a Cleffa that shrunk even smaller into a more oval shape and turned yellow! Let's call it…Casavon!"
Kaira winced as the oval pokemon jumped into Barry's hands. It was no bigger than one human hand. "Casavon? Why Casavon? I was thinking Eggafairy or something."
"The name just came to me," shrugged Barry. "The way it can cast away into different places and dimensions, we should call it Casavon!"
The little pokemon squeaked out a happy cry as if it agreed.
"Well….okay, whatever. But what should we do? There's probably some reason why it took us both to the place where these pokemon were planning on leaving."
"Maybe they wanted us to come with them?" Barry held Casavon in his hands, raising it to look at it in front of his face. "See? Look at the way its been treating us! It's clinging to us like it wants to keep us all together! We should follow them and see what happens!"
"Follow them?"
"Chimm!" Chimchar jumped up and down and frowned up at Kaira, waving its arms towards a darker tunnel in the distance. The stream trickled into the tunnel, the running water echoing throughout the caved place.
"This is awesome. I wanna see what these pokemon are up to. I bet they arent even real pokemon maybe?" Barry eyes were watching Casavon as it hovered above his hand, glowing brighter by the second.
"I wouldn't want to go anywhere without Rowan or anyone else knowing." Said Kaira with uncertainty.
"Look!" Barry pointed at Casavon with astonishment in his eyes as the little pokemon surrounded itself with a bright yellow glow. A short string grew out from the bottom of the pokemon, no longer than a single inch. A diamond shape appeared at the end of the string, like a tail for the pokemon. Upon its head, a thin bright line formed around the top of its horizontally oval forehead, and glowed an even brighter yellow than its body. It hovered slightly above its head, like a halo. The surrounding brightness that shone around Casavon stopped and Casavon looked the same again, except with a newly grown tail at the end and a halo above its head.
"What just happened?!" Barry widened his eyes happily. "Awesome! Are you like an angel now?"
"CHIIM!" Chimchar blew an annoyed breath of flames at Barry's face. "Chim! CHIIM!"
"Ugh! What? What's your problem? I bet YOU can't change into anything as cool as that!"
"I think it wants you to shut up, Barry," chuckled Kaira. "We really should think of something to do before we go anywhere with these guys."

Lucas stared at the beautiful flower field in the City of Floaroma. His Clefable was happily chasing the Starly and Shinx it found hiding in the flower beds. He glanced over to where Dawn was ordering flowers from the flower shop. He stared at her, mystified. At last, he and her were finally together-- alone. There was no sign of Barry to butt in and blabber about himself or his pokemon.
Lucas had been trying to ignore his feelings for Dawn before, but it just made him miss her even more. He was secretly in love, ever since she had challenged the Sinnoh contests and had became one of the top contest champions known all over the region. When she had come back home, she and him have been getting to know each other more to practice toughening up their pokemon for even more challenges to come. He had seen her as something better than a friend, but he had always tried hard to ignore it. By now, it was pretty obvious that the closest person Dawn belonged to, was Barry. The two of them acted like such a married couple, constantly arguing and nagging at each other more than they praised each other. Barry might've not noticed it, but Lucas predicted it was very likely for Dawn to end up with him.
"Hey…unless…." Lucas looked at his Infernape by his side. "Wasn't Paul here last night? Barry was saying something about giving him a battle yesterday. He's not still here, is he?"
Infernape shrugged and grumbled a low growl, looking around.
"You said something about Paul?" Dawn's voice was hopeful as she walked up to Lucas with a pot of flowers in her hands. "Oh! He was here, wasn't he? Barry said he was going to pass by to examine those pokemon in Mt. Coronet. I bet he's traveled there by now, though. Too bad we didn't even get to say hi."
Lucas nodded. "Yeah, but Barry hasn't shown up in Twinleaf all day. I bet he's gone off to explore with Paul, since Barry's always chasing after people's adventures."
Dawn huffed and smiled. "Yeah, we better go find him. If he isn't anywhere here in Floaroma, we should tell Rowan."


A dark cloud hovered over Mt. Coronet. A lone trainer stared up at the highest peak, watching as a thin, barely visible billow of smoke blew in the air. Something must be happening inside. And it had something to do with those new species Professor Rowan had discovered.
"Paul!" A voice cried in the distance.
The trainer turned. It was Dawn and Lucas, running up the hill towards him.
"Paul!" Dawn's expression was hopeful and enthusiastic. "Hey! What's up? It's been awhile."
Paul kept his serious expression and shrugged, looking away from Dawn. "Nothing important for you to know," he replied. "I've been toughening up in Isshu a little."
Dawn's eyes widened. "Isshu? Wow, really? That's….where Ash Ketchum is at the moment. Gee, I wonder how he's doing there. It's been a long time since he's left me also."
"Well, people come and go," said Paul tartly, frowning as he started walking away from Dawn, his eyes narrowed and focused on the cave of Mt. Coronet. "I've got important things to do than worry about where Ash is right now."
Dawn watched Paul walk away, but she refused to be ignored. "Huh? Hey! You're just still angry about the way Ash won you over last time, arent you? Come on! The least you could do is be thankful that you've seen ME after all this time."
Paul stopped and turned to meet Dawn's confused gaze.
Lucas stood by her side, frowning at Paul. "Yeah, I've finally met you face to face again. And for us, it hasn't been a long time since we've done OUR battle."
Paul's frown narrowed into a grimace as he remembered his battle with Lucas about a month ago. The boy had been so much like Ash, except with a smarter strategy and a less boastful personality. But his skill and determination reminded Paul so much of Ash, that Lucas had beaten him, and left Paul secretly embarrassed to lose to such a trainer. "I bet you wouldn't have won anything if people didn't go so easy on you." Said Paul simply. "Your pathetic attitude makes people think you're so easy to defeat that they just go easy on you, just like I did. If I went all out against you, I think our battle would've been different."
"Hey!" Lucas stepped forward. "You wanna rematch and see who can win for real this time? I can battle you any--"
"Wait!" Dawn stepped between them. "Just stop….please! Paul, we just came over to say hi. And we just want to know if you've seen where Barry went. He did battle you last night, didn't he?"
Paul turned to Dawn and narrowed his eyes. "I beat that kid easily last night. I thought I sent him running home this morning."
"That's a lie," said Lucas challengingly. "We were just at Twinleaf. We stopped by to look around for Barry, and didn't find him anywhere. So we came to ask you where he was."
Paul said nothing. He just stared at the two with a cold expression. He really wasn't in the mood to chat with anyone-- especially Dawn and Lucas-- before he found out what's the secret behind these supposedly new species of pokemon.
Dawn spoke calmly. "Paul, do you know where Barry is honestly?"
"If I cared for WHERE he ran off to, I would tell you. I have no idea where he went after he told me he had to get home as soon as he can before he was missed." Paul turned away, hiding his irritated frown.
"But he was missed," said Lucas. "We didn't find him anywhere in Twinleaf."
"Well, I have no idea what could've happened to him," said Paul sourly.
Dawn narrowed her eyes at him and then sighed. "We have to find him. I have a bad feeling about where he went."
"Come on, he probably ran off to speak to a gym leader across the region or something," said Lucas simply. "Barry's known for disappearing without telling anybody whenever he feels like it. He should turn up by evening, or even tomorrow."
"But if Barry wanted to get home as soon as possible after his battle, why would he just disappear before even reaching home? It doesn't make sense," said Dawn.
Paul rolled his eyes and continued walking forwards. He was tired of hearing pathetic worries for such a trainer. Dawn was like, what? Sixteen by now? She still hasn't changed much from when he had last seen her with Ash Ketchum.
"Hey….where are you going?" Dawn called after him.
"It's nothing you would be interested in. I'm off to Mt. Coronet," was all Paul replied. He didn't stop or look back, and he expected Dawn to say something after him, but she didn't. He disappeared down the hill, entering the hidden cave that lead to Mt. Coronet's bottom part. He looked around for any flecks of glitter that Rowan had been sharing earlier. There was nothing, and he put his hands in his pockets as he made his way down into the cave of Mt. Coronet.
He took out one of the newspapers Professor Rowan had sent out a few days ago. It told of the certain areas the pokemon have been discovered, along with possible explanations on where they could've gone.
Before long, Paul was deep inside, and had discovered a large pit where there was a shining stone in the middle. He slid down towards it, and tried to pick up the stone. It stuck to the ground.
Paul winced and pulled harder.
Suddenly, the cave gave a slight shake. Paul looked around. There was no sign of a single pokemon, nor could he even hear pokemon cries or anything this far down. But then the stone he held on started to glow.
Paul kept his grip, and as the stone started to shine even brighter, he held on tighter, willing to pull the whole thing out.
A blast of energy burst from the rock and sent Paul flying to the back of the pit, about a yard away. He winced in pain and got up. "What in the world….." Paul stared in astonishment as the shining stone glowed a pink glow that turned a blood red.
The stone raised itself from the ground, but the stone wasn't alone. A dark shape was attached around the stone, appearing from underground as the stone rose. The shape hovered up in the air, with the stone glowing in the shape's center. The shape was a horizontal oval, no wider than four inches, and no higher than two inches. On the top corners of the shape were two dents sticking out like small ears, and it had small tiny legs sticking from the bottom corners. The shape was red, though it didn't glow as brightly as the stone at its center. It was a dark, bright red, though the stone was an emphasizing glow that kept Paul's gaze transfixed.
The shape was alive…..possibly a pokemon. It had small, black button eyes and a tiny mouth in the middle, just above the stone. Its tiny arms at the sides were as small and short as its tiny feet, and overall, it was like a horizontal oval shape with a dent stick up at the top corners.
Paul was wide-eyed with astonishment. The glow the stone made was emphasizing the pokemon, and Paul couldn't take his eyes off it. He suddenly took a step forward, but stopped. His heart was throbbing with excitement for this pokemon, though he was both excited and scared. Something about this pokemon was…..captivating.
"Chiiiii….." The little red pokemon raised its tiny arms and sung a strange, musical tune, though in a rough, squeaky cry that came from its tiny mouth. Its button eyes were staring down at Paul, and even though they were just nothing more than cute, innocent little eyes, they were staring into him, as if hypnotizing him to keep coming forwards.
Paul felt a tremor of dread about this pokemon…though at the same time, he wanted nothing more than to touch the little red shape. He started taking slow, small steps forward, not blinking once as he kept his eyes on the hovering pokemon.
"Cheeeeee……." red light glowed around the pokemon as it sung, and soon brightened around Paul as he got closer. Paul made a slight gasp, but he didn't stop coming towards the pokemon.
The music was becoming more entrancing. Paul was feeling transfixed more and more every second. Finally, he was right beneath the pokemon, and the red oval was just an arm's reach up high.
Paul slowly drew his right arm forward, ready to give the glowing red pokemon a single touch.
The pokemon had its eyes squeezed shut as his arm reached out, and it sung higher and louder, that it was almost deafening. The tip of Paul's fingers touched the pokemon, just right next to where the stone was in the center.
Suddenly, the pokemon flashed its tiny eyes open, and in a split of a second, a blast of red energy blasted from the pokemon, and had Paul wrapped around in a tightening grasp of light.
Paul was suddenly hit by a wave of energy, but something was grasping his entire body as he was lifted up in the air. Nothing was wrapped around him as he rose up into the air, and red flickering light danced around him.
Paul tried to yell, but he suddenly didn't have the strength. The grasp was so tight and painful, and the singing had stopped, though there was still a terrible echo whirring around him. The red oval pokemon was hovering directly in front of him now, and its button eyes were an evil grimace. Its cute little face was a sly smile, and it suddenly glowed with intensifying red light. A short string grew from the bottom of the pokemon, and a red triangle shape appeared at the end. From the corners of its forehead, just slightly under the dents that stuck up like cat ears, even tinier sharper dents formed underneath, a dark blood red just like the triangle at its new tail. The red oval shaped pokemon screamed a deafening cry, and Paul was released, though he was thrown harshly down towards the ground below. He landed with a hard thump, and his vision went blurry.
But the last thing he saw before he blacked out, was the red oval shaped pokemon lowering down to rest on his chest, murmuring a strange squeak to him.
"Casaaa……..casa…..Casavan……."


Lucas and Dawn were heading back to Twinleaf, though they stopped at the bottom of the hill.
Lucas turned to Dawn. "Is something wrong?" She had stopped to look down at her feet. She was pinching at the end of her white scarf.
"Oh….it's nothing. I'm just thinking about what Paul could be doing right now." She quickly looked up. "And Barry! I'm really worried about Barry too……"
Lucas sighed and turned to face her. "We should follow Paul down there, huh? I bet he's checking out Rowan's analysis about those strange species of pokemon discovered."
Dawn shrugged. "We really shouldn't bother Paul. I can still see he's tired of me nagging at him….even though it's been so long since we've seen each other."
Lucas put an arm on Dawn's shoulder, and felt a tremor of happiness run through him as he stared into her eyes. "Nah, don't worry. You don't even bother him that much! He was being a jerk, so you're just reminding him that you don't like that. You did nothing close to nagging. He's just a--"
"Thanks," Dawn interrupted him and chuckled. "I know how you feel about him. You've complained to me about how rude he was about your first battle."
Lucas laughed nervously. "Well, you've told me lots about him when you were on your journey with Ash, so I thought he was actually a pretty interesting guy. Well, he's interesting all right, but yeah, you weren't kidding when you described him as heartless. I saw the way he treated his Staraptor!"
Dawn huffed and looked over to Mt. Coronet at their side, not too far off. "Well…..should we just take a look? He shouldn't have gone to far down by now, and we kinda know our ways around Mt. Coronet."
"Not the bottom parts of it," reminded Lucas, feeling a strange feeling about going in alone.
"Well…I just have a bad feeling. Barry's down there, I know it."
"We really shouldn't go in without our own pokemon. We left them back at home."
Dawn widened her eyes. "Oh, you're right! And while we drop by, do you think we should maybe ask Kaira about what could've happened to Barry? He could be at her house."
Lucas laughed. "Oh yeah, right! She was the only house we didn't ask, considering she might just ignore us anyway." Lucas halfheartedly kicked a pebble.
Dawn rolled her eyes. "Yeah. What's with her? She never wants to talk to anybody. I mean, I understand her problem with pokemon, but she doesn't even want to make friends. I try talking to her, but she just either ignores me, or gives a quick response."
Lucas shrugged. "It's kinda her own fault she doesn't have anymore friends besides Barry….who talks to everyone." He stared after the pebble he just kicked, which wasn't much more than a yard away. Suddenly, the pebble started to glow.
Lucas widened his eyes. "Huh?" He hurried over to see the pebble.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Dawn joined his side. "Is that pebble glowing?"
The pebble was suddenly shining a bright bluish color. "It is!" Lucas reached out to grab the pebble. "Whoa…" he held it in his hands, and showed it to Dawn. "Check it out. Is it some kind of rare mineral?"
"Let me see," Dawn reached out to take the pebble from his hand, but as her fingers touched the pebble upon Lucas's hand, a sudden blast of light exploded from the rock and the two of them disappeared.

It felt like the entire day had gone by since Kaira and Barry were zapped in the bottom of Mt. Coronet. They were following Casavon and Chimchar, until they stopped at a dead end of a twisted tunnel. A sharp pointed rock jutted up like an upside-down ice cream cone.
Chimchar leaped towards it and jumped up and down, calling Casavon to come over.
Unfortunately for Kaira, Casavon was literally attached to her. It was on her forehead, sucking her like it had done to Barry.
"Hehe, you sure you're doing all right?" Barry said to her.
Kaira had been scared out of her wit's the entire time, and even though Casavon showed no sign of harm towards her, Kaira couldn't keep herself from shaking and clenching her teeth in fear. "No! I am NOT alright! What is this pokemon planning on doing to me?!"
"Chiii…." Casavon happily nuzzled against Kaira as it stopped its sucking.
Barry narrowed his eyes and peered closer to Kaira's forehead. "Hmm….I don't know, but it's made some red mark on you now."
"WHAT?!"
"Haha! Just kidding!"
"Barry!" Kaira laughed a little.
Suddenly Casavon rose from Kaira's forehead, and Kaira felt a wave of energy flow through her as it stopped the sucking.
"Hey, wait a second!" Barry was staring at Kaira in awe. "It's actually made some kind of mark on you! You've got some kind of diamond shape glowing."
"What?! Wha--?!" Kaira suddenly hovered in the air as Casavon stood at the top of the sharp rock.
A wave of light circled around Casavon and Chimchar, and then around Kaira. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?! GET ME DOWN!" She screamed.
A flash of light exploded from where Casavon had been standing, and a gap opened at the ceiling of the cave, like a dark hole leading to space.
Barry stared up at it in awe. "Whoa! Hey, I think they're actually time-traveling now!"
"Ahh! Get me off! It's so tight!" Kaira had nothing wrapping around her, though she felt like there was something grasping her body tight as an Arbok's wrap.
"WHAT?! And they're taking you with them?" Barry yelled from below. "No way! You're not goin' anywhere without me, and no one's time-traveling without me! Casavon! Take me with you!" Barry jumped up to grab at Casavon, but Chimchar jumped in the way and angrily sent a blast of flames and energy towards Barry, making him crash to the ground.
"ACHHH!" Barry felt to the hard ground with a thud.
"Barry!" Cried Kaira.
"Chii!" Casavon was coming towards her, looking happy and excited as it clutched Kaira's forehead again.
"Uh…..!" Kaira tried to keep herself from shaking off the little pokemon as it snuggled happily against her.
Then Casavon leaped on her head and jumped once, and everything went black once again.
Kaira woke up in an awkward position. She was on her back, lying on an uncomfortable surface, and her legs were sticking up, against a hard, cold wall. The air was cold, and Kaira felt parts of her hair and her face slightly wet, as if she had been splashed a little.
"Ugh….." She had a headache, and the spot where Casavon and attached to her felt sore. As she touched it, she gasped and flinched. It felt smooth and cold. "Oh great! Do I have a rock stuck on me now?" She groaned. "Casavon?" She looked around for the little oval, but then found that Kaira herself, had fallen into a well. There was barely any room around her. "Barry?" She gasped, feeling horrified and alone.
"Ahhhh…….you're kinda sitting on me!" Barry's voice suddenly yelled from underneath her.
Kaira gasped and realized she was laying on Barry's side. She immediately sat up and stood, pushing herself against the wall of the well in embarrassment.
"I'm sorry! I---"
"Gee! Next time you hug a tiny little egg face, make sure you know how to control it!" Grunted Barry as he tried to get up from his position. "That Casavon sends out energy waves more powerful than a Palkia can!"
"Chimmchar!" Shouted a cranky cry that echoed around the well. "Chimchar!" Something suddenly landed on top of Kaira's head.
Kaira's eyes went wide. "Ahh!" She waved her arms wildly. "GET OFF!"
"Chim-CHAA!" Chimchar sent out a blast of purple sparks and Kaira fell harshly to her knees, splashing into a little trickle of water.
Barry narrowed his eyes. "SHHH! Quiet, you guys! We gotta get out of this dump." He pushed the lid above them open and the stench escaped into the air, which was even colder outside.
Kaira flinched as she felt something on her back. She turned and caught a glimpse of Casavon appearing out of nowhere, clinging to her back with a cute smile on its oval face.
"Casavon!" Kaira gasped.
. "Come on!" Barry was standing out of the dumpster, holding out a hand towards Kaira.
She took his hand and stepped out of the dumpster. She winced in disgust as she brushed herself off.
"Dang, where are we?" Barry was looking around in awe.
"Rendridge Town," said Kaira, reading the blurred sign. She looked around them. It was snowing, though the snow on the ground was thin, and streets and grass were visible here and there. There were houses around them, and it looked as if they had arrived at a small, quiet village.
Barry looked wildly around him, as if expecting something to come out and attack them. "Huh! I don't see anyone! Must be a ghost town, I bet. I don't even hear the eerie cries of Ghastly in this place!"
"Chiii….." Casavon rose from Kaira's hands and looked around, looking confused.
"Chim?" Chimchar looked up hopefully at Casavon.
Casavon looked sad and surprised. "Chiii…."
Barry sighed. "I wish we could understand what they're saying. I bet we're not in the region of Sinnoh!"
Kaira narrowed her eyes at the sign. "There's more written here, but I can't make out what it says…"
"We should explore this place and see if we can find anyone to tell us where we are," said Barry, beginning to walk away.
"Wait! Arent you worried at all? How are we supposed to return home?"
Barry turned to her with a smile. "Ask Casavon," he said simply.
"You think Casavon will just listen to me," replied Kaira tartly.
"Of course! A true pokemon trainer will have their pokemon understand almost anything they say, or even feel! And I think Casavon's already bonded with you already! Look at how much it likes you, unlike all the other pokemon have always felt towards you. Did it ever bite or snap at you the first time you met it?"
Kaira thought for a moment. "Well, no. it really didn't. But I bet Casavon's not even a pokemon."
"Of course it is!" Said Barry. "I just think it came from a different dimension or something."
Kaira sighed. Here she was, alone with Barry. Besides the two strange pokemon with them, there was probably absolutely no one else in this area, but her and Barry. She longed to make this moment worthwhile, for she had always loved sharing her alone time with Barry. Back at home, the early mornings were her only private moments when she had Barry all to herself, and they never really lasted long. But now here they were, with no Dawn or no pokemon to distract him. She could totally have a great time in this….strange unknown place.
"You alright?" Barry stepped closer towards her, for Kaira had her head staring down at her shoes with her arms wrapped around herself.
Kaira looked up into his green eyes. They had a concerned expression to them, and she felt like she could just stare into them forever. "Huh? Oh yes….I was just…thinking….." She bit her tongue. That was another one of her stupid responses she tended to make when she was nervous.
"Hey, I promise I'll find a way to get us back home," said Barry, crossing his arms and giving her a promising look. "I promised to stick with you, so I'm promising to stick with you until you return home safe."
"Really?" Kaira felt her heart pound.
"Of course! You know, Casavon only teleported YOU to Mt. Coronet. I only tagged along. It had no interest in taking me along, I took myself with it. I've promised to stay with you through whatever you'd go through with this pokemon, and I've promised to help you get back home as well."
Kaira was breathless. She kept her mouth closed so that her breathing wouldn't sound so fast and loud. "Well….thanks, Barry. But…..you really don't have to--"
"I know," said Barry, chuckling. "But I'm your friend, right? I choose to stay by your side."
Kaira felt strangely happy, and then her spirits slightly fell as he mentioned the word "friend." She was longing to just finally share her feelings with him-- right now-- before it was too late.
"Hey, Barry?"
"Yeah?" He listened carefully.
"I---"
"Chimmm!" Chimchar slipped and fell onto the ice, screaming a loud whiny cry as Casavon laughed at it.
Barry turned and then his eyes widened. "Hey! I saw somebody!"
Kaira raised her eyebrows. "A person?"
"I think so! Come on! Let's go check it out!" He grabbed her hand and started hurrying towards the middle of two tall houses.
Kaira let him go. "Wait! Barry! What about-- wahh!" Kaira suddenly tripped over Chimchar and fell, hitting her chin on the icy street. "Ow…." She winced in pain and Chimchar peered down at her.
Chimchar's eyes were narrowed. "Chim…" It growled.
"Chi!!" Casavon's squeak was a startled cry, and Kaira looked up as a bomb of smoke exploded from behind the broken black house ahead of her.
Kaira stood up. "Barry? Barry!" There was no answer. "Oh great. BARRY?!" Casavon landed on her head, trembling in fear, and she felt like she was being watched.
She hurried over to the black house in the distance, and stopped as she saw how tall and uninviting it looked up close. It looked like it had been slightly burned, though not entirely destroyed yet.
Kaira bit her lip, looking around for Barry. "Great," she muttered under her breath. "I failed. I'm always failing. I had my chance to tell Barry….but now he's gone and I probably can't do anything about it….because I'm a useless failure." She longed to run around this ghost town, looking for Barry, but part of her just wanted to drop down and mope.
"Kaira…." a little voice sounded behind her.
I raised her eyebrows, and turned to face Casavon, who had hovered its way towards her, staring at her with its tiny eyes widened into intent.
"Am I hearing things now?" Kaira groaned.
"It's me, Casavon," said the little pokemon.
Kaira was sure the voice was coming from Casavon, though its mouth wasn't moving.
"Yep, I'm hearing things," she was about to walk away, but then Casavon spoke clearer.
"No! Kaira, it's me," said the little voice. "I'm speaking to you in your head. No one could hear me but you. And you can only hear me through your thoughts and inside your heart."
Kaira winced, suddenly feeling scared of this pokemon. Her lifelong fear of pokemon was started to kick in again. "Uh….can you prove it somehow? I could just be going crazy…."
"Kaira…." Casavon hovered towards her face, just half an inch from her nose. It waved a tiny arm at her and smiled cutely. "Hi, I'm Casavon, the pokemon that teleported you all the way to the fifth dimension. I'm waving at you, so hiiiii."
"Okay!" Kaira whipped her head away and wrapped her arms around her, squeezing her eyes shut. "I think I get it! What's going on?! Why didn't you speak to me before?"
"Ha! That snakeskin was with you, that's why," replied Casavon sassily.
Kaira faced the little pokemon and winced. "Snakeskin? You mean Barry?"
"His skin tastes so dry….like a snake's," Casavon gave a disgusted look. "I tried heart-bonding with him earlier, but he wasn't the right one. His blood was a pure, meaning he was a pure being of the first dimension."
Kaira shook her head disbelievingly. "What the heck are you talking about? First dimension? And you said something about teleporting us here, to the FIFTH dimension! Where are we…..and what do you mean by heart-bonding and pure blood?"
"Okay, so first let me introduce who I really am," said Casavon carefully. "I am a time-traveler, just like that snake boy, Barry, predicted. I travel through time and space, places and regions, practically dimensions as well. But first, let me remind you. Here, in the fifth dimension, I am known as Chibu, one of the three time-travelers of this dimension."
"Chibu? Is that your real name?"
The pokemon giggled. "Well, technically yes. You may call me what you want, but there are three of us. There's me- Chibu, and there are two others just like me known as Chiba and Chibo. The three of us are all very similar, each sent to travel through each of the three dimensions, and search for the missing being. This missing being is said to have been born originally from the fifth dimension through space, and is said to be needed to bring back the pokemon, Gaiyah."
Kaira listened carefully and slowly nodded. "So….this 'missing being' is supposed to bring back Gaiyah?"
"Gaiyah is a fifth dimensional pokemon," said Casavon-- or Chibu apparently. "It was summoned from the first dimension--- which is your own world. It was the earth pokemon, mother nature in a way. At the beginning of time, when the world of pokemon was just coming to life, Gaiyah was born from the earth within, born to control nature over the entire world."
"I've never heard of this pokemon," said Kaira, "Why havent people ever mentioned such a legendary pokemon like this?"
"Well, when Gaiyah was first born, the god pokemon, Arceus, realized it could do more than just destroy the world with its natural tornadoes and rainstorms. It could also bring destruction with other dimensions that lived on the same world at the same time. Gaiyah was so powerful, it had the power to control natural disasters from the earth that lived in the first dimension, as well as disrupt other worlds that lived in the same spot, though in other dimensions."
Kaira blinked. "So there are other dimensions that live on earth as well?"
"There are dimensions everywhere," said Chibu. "They just arent visible. You might even be standing in your room in Twinleaf right now, at this very moment. But you just don't see your room or recognize anything at all, bcause you arent in the first dimension where it all belongs. You are here, in Rendridge Town, in the fifth dimension. This is how my time-traveling works. I was sent to your dimension, while the other two time-travelers were sent to the other two dimensions- the second and the third. We were in search of the missing being that's been wandering around in one of the possible three other dimensions. When Arceus discovered Gaiyah's true powers, it feared that it would cause destruction that would lead to the end, just like what happened in the fourth dimension. A pokemon as powerful as Gaiyah had destroyed its entire world, and the fourth dimension had become nothing more than a mere transparent dimension…….unable to be seen and traveled to again."
Kaira nodded. She wasn't fully understanding everything, but she listened carefully.
"Arcues didn't want Gaiyah to destroy the earth or the first dimension. Arceus itself was more powerful than Gaiyah, though it couldn't bear the same exact abilities that Gaiyah could do. But Arceus banished the pokemon Gaiyah, not destroying it, but sent to another world, far away from the first dimension's reach. Eventually, Gaiyah was sent to a new dimension which was the fifth. But the fifth dimension has a strange gap between its time and space, so that no being could reach the other dimension, nor could beings from the other dimensions could find their way into the fifth….except for me and the other two of the three time-travelers."
Kaira nodded. Chimchar was kicking snow everywhere, having fun slipping on the slippery sidewalks of the town. "Has Gaiyah somehow escaped then? Is that why you time-travelers were sent to find the 'missing being?'"
"No," chuckled Chibu cutely. "Gaiyah isn't the missing being. See, not long after Gaiyah had created the world of the fifth dimension, the living beings here began to learn how powerful their creator was. Gaiyah didn't have any connection to its own home-- earth-- but it still had powers for its new world here in the fifth. The people of the fifth couldn't just banish Gaiyah like Arceus had done, so they found another way to limit possible destruction and over-control over weather and natural disasters. They split Gaiyah in half. Two new living souls were created from splitting Gaiyah, and one half of Gaiyah was its good side. If that half of Gaiyah lived in your world, it could bring the most exotic spring flowers and do a number of great things to the world that mother earth has been said to do. That good side of Gaiyah became like an angel, an angelic spirit pokemon- Dalyah. That created its own time-travelers, which was how I was created. I was born from the aura of the angelic pokemon side of Gaiyah, along with two other time-travelers."
"But of course, there was the good-hearted, angelic side of Gaiyah, there was also, unfortunately, the bad side of Gaiyah. This half could summon the worst of mother nature at her angriest, such as hurricanes over the oceans, and deadly blizzards and earthquakes that destroy. This side became demonized, and became known as Ultramaur, the devil pokemon. It even created its own set of time-travelers, and guess what? They look just like us!"
Kaira raised her eyebrows. "So there's another pokemon out there that looks exactly like you?"
Chibu nodded, smiling. "Yep. The two other time-travelers that belong to MY trio for the angel pokemon, Dalyah, are Chiba and Chibo. Chiba has my same oval shape, except it's red, with its ear dents sticking up instead of out at the sides. Chibo is blue, and its ear dents droop down. We all have the same eyes and looks, and if you wanna see those wannabe messengers of Ultramaur, just picture with tiny devil horns and ugly triangle-tipped tails!" Chibu huffed out a puff of yellow smoke in anger.
"So why were you sent to time-travel? What does this missing being have to do with Gaiyah?"
Chibu sighed. "Our world in the fifth dimension is changing. Dalyah is missing and Ultramaur has taken over the natural controls over nature, and we have experienced losses from place to place, especially in the south. Dalyah isn't here to protect us from Ultramaur, and now the devil pokemon's said to have even taken over spirits of other pokemon, turning them evil against each other and their trainers. Some towns are even said to have been destroyed because of the pokemon's sudden change in behavior. There is a mystic pokemon far across the sea, and high into the clouds of the biosphere, a flying lovebird known as Dovanna, who can read the world's balance and control the path of time-traveling. Ultramaur has attacked this pokemon, and is said to have even escaped with its messengers….into the other dimensions. But we don't know which dimensions Ultramaur could be roaming in. Dovanna has gone missing, for Ultramaur has taken the pokemon with it. We don't know what Ultramaur has done with this pokemon, only that it could be roaming in the other dimensions. We need Dovanna, for not only can it read and control the gap of time-traveling, but it can also control auras of pokemon and people, meaning its aura can enter another being and live as that creature."
"So Dovanna's the missing being," muttered Kaira. The name of the pokemon seemed so distant, and as she uttered it, her mind when into a trance, as if trying to remember a certain dream from long ago. She immediately picture the pokemon to be a white, snowy, and magnificent white dove with closed eyes and a beak clear as ice crystals.
Chibu nodded. "Yep. Dovanna could be anywhere in the dimensions, in any form it wants to be. It could be a pokemon, a person, a plant, anything living thing that can hold an aura. The time-travelers were sent to each of the three possible dimensions, to retrieve Dovanna, so that Dovanna can bring the aura of Dainto and Dalyah together, and make them commingle to become one, as Gaiyah again."
"But…..why do you want Gaiyah back? You've split it in two, and powers have been limited. Ultramaur is already bad enough…so if he's combined to form Gaiyah again, wouldn't that be even worse?"
Chibu giggled. "That's what the scientists thought. But unfortunately, one side of Gaiyah has become even worse, for remember: Gaiyah has a good side also. Don't forget the goodness and warmth of mother nature. But Ultramaur is just all bad. It has no good side to stop it, and with the all-goodness Dalyah missing, Ultramaur has gotten even worse, escaping into the other dimensions. We have to use Dovanna to track it down, and let it combine with Dalyah to become Gaiyah again. That way, it wouldn't be as worse as now."
Kaira stared into Chibu's cute little button eyes. She brought herself to smile at the little pokemon. "So you've chosen me to come with you?"
Chibu stared back seriously. "Kaira, when I entered this dimension in Mt. Coronet, I SENSED there was a trace of Dovanna's aura somewhere. I tracked it down to Twinleaf, and I tried tasting Barry's blood, to see if I could read his aura as anything like an aura from the fifth dimension. But like I said, his aura tasted dry, like a snake. He was a pure blood, born from earth in that dimension you live in. You, on the other hand, tasted different. You didn't taste like Dovanna, but your aura did taste like it belonged to the fifth dimension."
Kaira widened her eyes and said nothing.
Chibu laughed. "It's alright! I brought you back here so we can see just in case. But right now, I believe you wanna look for Snakeboy right now, huh?"
"Oh yes," Kaira answered quickly. "We really shouldn't leave him wandering around a world of possibly demonized pokemon."
"Ha! You're right," Chibu dashed to cling on Kaira's head. "Too bad I can't read auras unless I'm SUCKING on them."
Chimchar cried and leaped to Kaira's side. Kaira looked down at the pokemon. "So what's Chimchar? It's not a shape shifter like Barry thought, huh?"
"Oh no, we arent shape shifters. But we do come from another world in which our DNA is a little different. I think that's what confused Professor Rowan. No, Chimchar's just another regular pokemon from this dimension. Unfortunately, he's accidentally followed me to this dimension when I was in the middle of summoning a time gap! Ugh, you annoying beast," Chibu stuck its tongue at the pokemon. "That's why it was looking for me to take it back to its dimension here."
"Hmm," Kaira chuckled. "So you've returned him. You ought to go back to our own world and continue searching for Dovanna."
"Yeah, I would, but thanks to your Snakeboy friend, we have to find him first."
But suddenly, there was a sharp cry from Chimchar, as a dark shadow loomed over Kaira, and took hold of her, covering her mouth from screaming, and stuck something sharp in her neck.

Barry was running across the empty town. He was sure he had spotted a tall figure in the shadows, and there had to be someone out here to help him.
"Hello? Is anyone here?" He stopped behind a building. "Man, this town's a real ghost town." He was starting to get cold. He gasped and whipped around behind him. "Kaira?!" She was just running behind him just a minute ago. "Kaira! Casavon! Chimchar! Oh great, either I left them behind….again, or something happened to them. Anything can happen when you're in a new world, let alone a new dimension!"
He began to run back towards the dark alley behind him. He looked around. "Kaira! Casavon?!"
"Eeecchhhh…………" an eerire screech sounded nearby. Barry whipped his head to face a Ghastly hovering by a tipped over trash can.
"Hey, so there are Ghastly here after all," muttered Barry. But then he blinked. Something was different about this Ghastly. Its eyes looked red and menacing. All Ghastly had menacing eyes, but something about this one seemed even worse, and it even crept out Barry to be anywhere near it.
Barry slowly walked forward, though the Ghastly was keeping its gaze glaring at him.
"If only I had my pokemon with me…."
"Eeeehhaaa!" The Ghastly suddenly expanded to twice its side, its eyes widening to a freaky glare.
"Ahh!" Barry took off running, not looking back.
"Ugh!" He suddenly bumped into a tall figure, and would've fallen over, if a cold hand hadn't reached out to grab his forearm.
"Ahh!" Yelled Barry. The figure that grabbed him was just like anyone he would expect to see in a ghost town. It was dressed in a black robe, with a hood over its head, covering its eyes and the top half of the face. "Lemme go! Ahh!"
Barry struggled to yank away, but the stranger's grasp was strong. "Urhhh!" Grunted the muffled voice under the hood. "Yahh! How DARE you trespass the property of Empress Mai!" The angry yell from the stranger was a female's, and an old one from the sound of it.
"I'm sorry! I don't mean to! I'm looking for my friend and pokemon!" Barry protested.
The lady let out an irritated hiss. "Echh!" She tossed his arm with force to the left, and Barry fell hard on his side. The stranger stomped her foot madly. "You will pay for your foolish appearance at a time LIKE THIS!!!" Instantly, she threw out a purple and white poke ball, and out popped a large, long Seviper that hissed in rage as it revealed its long body and slashing its poison tail in the air. It glared at Barry with such a wicked pierce in its eyes. Usually Seviper gave people sassy grimaces, but this one looked as mad as its trainer sounded.
"In the name of the fifth dimension and Gaiyah's summoners," the lady rose her arms up in the air, and suddenly the gray sky turned into an even darker gray, "I banish you to the world of no return, where you could forever--"
"Wait!" Barry held out a hand as the Seviper rose high, as if bracing itself to listen to the strange command from the lady. "I'm looking for a pokemon called Casavon! Uh….if you've heard of a particular time-traveling pokemon that looks like a yellow oval and about four inches long? Its got a halo and it can travel through space! I was teleported here by accident by that pokemon! I mean no harm, I was---"
"Time-traveler?" The lady hissed in her sharp, edgy voice. She dropped her arms and her Seviper lowered with its menacing expression still on its face.
"Y-yeah! I'm not sure what its real name is, but its like a tiny little football and its yellow with a halo! It took me and my friend to this place and I was just trying to find them!"
The lady was facing Barry with her hood still covering her eyes and nose. She let out a hand towards her Seviper and hissed a strange word to it that made it stop its creepy hissing at Barry. The lady started walking towards Barry. Her mouth was only visible, and it was slightly open, as if a little surprised about what Barry was telling her. Barry held his ground as the lady reached a pale white hand towards him.
"Get up," she ordered in her demanding tone. She sounded a little old, and her arm was thin with her hand slightly wrinkled.
Barry held his breath and took her hand. She yanked him up with force that he gasped and nearly fell back over.
"What's your name?" Her tone was more of a demand than a question.
"B-Barry," Barry tried not to look scared.
The lady finally pulled back her hood, revealing a face that almost took Barry's breath away.
He had expected to see a creepy old lady or old gypsy, but no…..this lady was actually quite stunning. She was Asian, with skin white as snow, with piercing green eyes that went beautifully with her face. Her hair was jet-black and she was overall, a little bit old, somewhere in her forties or fifties. Her face was a tiny bit wrinkled, revealing signs of her middle age. But something about her just struck Barry, feeling as if he were looking at the most beautiful queen of his dreams. Her figure was tall and thin, and she glared down at Barry, with a gleam in her eyes. "How many of you are here?" She demanded sharply.
Barry's heart pounded. He felt strange. "Um….only me, my friend Kaira, and two pokemon. A Chimchar, and a time-traveling pokemon that was from here."
"You come from the first dimension, don't you?"
"I-I came from a planet called earth…."
"You ARE from the first dimension!! Oh!!" Her eyes suddenly blazed into an angry red. Barry swallowed. Did her eyes just turn red? "I should've known! Chibu! The missing one of the three!" she whipped her head to look away, muttering something angrily under her breath. Her Seviper hissed along with her.
"Um, I'm sorry but," Barry raised his voice, though he tried to sound polite. "I really have know idea what's behind these pokemon. I was just accidently taken along."
The lady faced him with a softer expression. She suddenly smiled coldly. "Oh, of course! I'm soo sorry. I ought to make you feel more welcome in this new world, shouldn't I?"
Despite how sarcastic and chilling she sounded, Barry let himself fall for it. This lady was quite beautiful. Barry managed a small smile. "Yeah…..I would love to know a thing or two about this world…the fifth dimension really?"
"Ah yes," the lady smiled wickedly. "Come, child. It's getting cold here. There's a bench right here….SEVIPER, MOVE!"
Seviper, who was lollygagging with boredom around a nearby bench, suddenly flinched at the lady's sharp command, and then hissed angrily, slinking out of the way.
The lady turned to Barry and smiled, putting her arm around his shoulder, slightly warming him with part of her black satin robe. She sat down with him on the cold bench. Barry thought he could've been less cold standing.
"Now, let me introduce myself," said the lady carefully, keeping her intent piercing gaze on Barry. Barry couldn't help but stare back into her eyes, feeling dazed and lost in them. "I am a being born of ….what you might call….dark matter."
Barry suddenly raised his eyebrows. That didn't sound good. "Dark matter? Is that a good thing?"
The lady chuckled. "Well, it depends on how you look at it. I was born from the second dimension, so like you, I really don't belong here either. Here, I am known as the Empress of Ice, Empress Mai. My real name is Prima Dona."
"I'm Barry," said Barry politely, smiling again.
Prima Dona laughed. "Haha, yes. You already told me. I was born when a mystic pokemon summoned dark matter in the second dimension. Born from ice comets and powerful stars from space, my aura created, and I became what I am right now-- which is a powerful sorceress of matter."
"In the form of a human, huh?" Said Barry, keeping his smile. A very hot one at the age of fifty, also. He added silently.
"Yes, a human," said Prima Dona tartly. "But, child, I am more than just a human. I am a sorceress, a soul created from dark matter in space, born from the matter of darkness and light from powerful stars. My aura bears that of a very powerful being, and I have managed to time-travel through the gap behind the dimensions, and enter even this forbidden fifth dimension itself. You see, it can be possible to time-travel through the other four known dimensions in your world, but the fifth has been created by the pokemon, Gaiyah, after it was banished from your own world in your dimension. This fifth dimension was created to keep Gaiyah itself from returning, and to keep pokemon like Dialga and Palkia from entering this dimension. There is a certain gap that keeps any being from entering and exiting this fifth dimension. But I, Prima Dona Mai, have been born with the ability to break through that particular gap, so when I followed my creator here, curious about how that pokemon had summoned such matter and power to create my aura. That pokemon turned out to have the ability to break through the gap as well."
"Ah," Barry nodded. "That's pretty awesome. What pokemon was it?"
"Oh, I don't think it's any kind of pokemon that you've heard of yourself. The pokemon was known as Ultramaur, and I found out Ultramaur's past, how it was created itself. But before I get to explaining that, I must tell you what happened when I entered this world. I first arrived far up north, where the snow was more fierce and deadly. There were some pretty dangerous pokemon out there, and I used my powers on those pokemon, giving them abilities to use powers the way I do. In other words, they became much stronger in battles, and I created a league of strong creatures at my side, raising them to become powerful pets of mine to serve my will. With these pokemon at my side, I could control the ice and weather of the north like an ice queen, and people began to notice the changes in atmosphere and the waves of the sea. They discovered me, and welcomed me to a city not far from the vast, frozen wasteland I was living in. I became their Empress, and I watch over the ice cities of Dentor, Frostlynn, and Rendridge."
"Ice cities, huh?" Barry looked around with wonder.
"Huh! Well, unfortunately, there's been a huge change in the mystic pokemon within," growled Prima Dona. "I must explain to you the history of this place and the pokemon, Gaiyah. But you know, I really don't like explaining things." She smiled sweetly at Barry. "It really pisses me off, and I do not want to show a nice boy like you the angry side of me."
Barry laughed nervously. "Hehehe, noooo I don't wanna see that."
She gave him a narrowed smile and tilted her head. "How old are you? You seem very young to be a time-traveler."
"Oh, I'm barely seventeen," said Barry proudly, even though he was just a little over sixteen. He was feeling in love and dazed by this woman, who probably wasn't even a real woman. "And honestly, I'm no time-traveler, but I look forward to it!"
"Seventeen?!" Prima Dona gasped. She suddenly grabbed Barry's chin, tilting his head back and examining his neck. "You don't have the mark."
Barry felt the cold chill of her fingers. "What mark?"
"Never mind." She let go and looked away disappointedly. "I was expecting Chibu would bring back someone who had a connection to this dimension. Apparently, you arent the one."
Barry suddenly felt upset. "What are you talking about? Who's Chibu? And what were you expecting me to be? It's not my fault I'm not some godly king from the twentieth dimension, or somewhere exotic, born with supernatural powers pass my will."
Prima Dona whipped her face to him, her eyes flashing with anger. "Chibu is that foolish little pokemon that brought you here!"
Barry gasped. "You mean Casavon?"
Prima Dona winced in disgust. "Casa-what? Apparently, the pokemon that brought you from your dimension to ours is a messenger of my enemy! Ultramaur created three messengers to help it time-travel. These messengers, unfortunately, have duplicates that are the complete opposite. Ultramaur's enemy, is a terrible pokemon known as Dalyah. Chibu happens to be one of the three messengers of Dalyah, and they look exactly like the three that come from Ultramaur."
Barry was staring at Prima Dona in disbelief. "So…..Casavon-- or Chibu-- is a messenger of…"
"A terrible pokemon, yes," said Prima Dona intently. "Chibu is only ONE of the three time-travelers of Dalyah, the nemesis that's against my creator, Ultramaur. Chibu was sent to your dimension to fetch back a certain being that is needed to banish Ultramaur forever."
Barry looked at his shoes, feeling betrayed. "Aw, man…." he muttered. "But…..it bonded so well with Kaira. With KAIRA! If any pokemon could bond with her that well, and that quickly--"
"Barry," Prima Dona put her hand on his shoulder, and Barry was silenced at the coldness of her hand that got him lost in Prima Dona's gaze. She spoke calmly and carefully. "Who is this Kaira? And you mentioned a Chimchar? I would very much like to meet these others that came with you and Chibu. I could maybe even….help you guys."
Barry was staring into Prima Dona's blue eyes. Blue eyes? Didn't she have green eyes the first time he looked at them? Oh well. She was still stunningly beautiful to him, and he felt like he could listen to anything she told him, and believe every word she said, no matter how wrong it sounded. "Help us?"
"Oh yes," said Prima Dona, casting a thin smile. "I would love to help you. You seem more than just a being from the first dimension, Barry. Your spirit gives me faith. Chibu's probably gotten your friend fooled by all its cutie-tootie attitude. But I can help her. Why don't we look for her? She shouldn't have gotten too far. And while we're looking, I can explain to you the history of this dimension, and pokemon like Ultramaur and Gaiyah."
"Oh yes, I'd love to hear about that," said Barry, not taking his eyes off of Prima Dona's.
Prima Dona smiled and got up. Her Seviper slithered at her side, its creepy eyes narrowing at Barry with undisguised hatred. Prima Dona pulled up her hood over her head. Barry stared at her, still mystified, and thankful that this time, she didn't cover half her face with the hood. "Come along, then. I'll find her. I can watch over this town like a vulture. It won't be long till you see her again."
Barry smiled and nodded, getting up. He longed to hold hands with her, though even he was still not stupid enough to do something like that to someone with such powers, and such attitude. He walked by her side, feeling lightheaded and not himself around this lady. But he barely noticed it through Prima Dona's cunning voice and entrancing looks.

Lucas suddenly woke up, laying uncomfortably on a roof. His cheek was stuck on the iced platform. "Uh…" he tried to pull his cheek off. "Hey! Dawn?"
Dawn suddenly appeared from behind him. She looked at him and laughed. "Ah-hah! Oh, wow. Nice landing, huh?"
"Just help me up!" Said Lucas with irritation. The last thing he had remembered was becoming entranced by the shiny pebble he had found atop the hill by Mt. Coronet, and then being hit the head, blacking out. Now here he was, waking on what looked like the top of a house.
Dawn laughed and gave him a sharp tug, ripping his cheek off the roof. "Ow! Dammit, that hurt!"
"Sorry, I helped you, you know," said Dawn, giving him a look.
Lucas sighed, rubbing his cheek. "It's fine, I'm just……a little shocked. What happened? All I remember was finding a glowing stone, and then….we got zapped by lightning, or something?"
"I'm pretty sure the stone…..zapped us," said Dawn, looking uncertain. "Wherever we are now, it sure doesn't look like Twinleaf." She looked around them, and saw that they were surrounded by a city of tall buildings made of ice, and houses here and there shaped like icicles.
Lucas looked around with wonder. He gave a nervous laugh. "So where are we in? Ice City? This sure isn't Snowpoint either."
"No," said Dawn breathlessly. "It's not. But I think I love it. It's kinda beautiful."
Lucas smiled at her with humor and gave her a nudge. "Snap out of it, Dawn. We could be thousands of miles from home. That rock could've been part of the pokemon Rowan had been observing. He said the evidence proved that the pokemon came from another world, possibly another dimension. That glowing rock could've been part of the pokemon since it zapped us like that."
Dawn gasped. "Yeah. We could be more than just miles from home." She turned to face him. "What do we do? Where's that rock? Maybe it can take us back!"
Lucas looked around urgently for the shining speck. "Aw! I have no idea. It was merely a pebble, so…."
"There!" Dawn was pointing down at the back of the roof.
Lucas crawled over, careful not to slip of the ice cold roof. He peered down below where there was a tiny sparkle in the snow. "Let's go see," he slipped off the roof, carefully landing on his feet. He looked back up, watching as Dawn slid down with ease, smiling as he remembered how clumsy she used to be before her adventure with Ash Ketchum, and that if she were still her inexperienced self, she would've had trouble to jump off a simple house.
Lucas knelt down to grab at the shining spot, but suddenly, something popped out of the snow.
"Chii!!!" It squealed. It was a pokemon, no bigger than a small football, and was a bright glowing blue with a halo over its head and a short stringy tail that had a blue diamond at the end. It had dents at the bottom corners, sticking down, along with tiny arms and legs no longer than an inch.
"Whoa…." Lucas gasped, staring with intent as the little pokemon glowed. The shining pebble was at the middle of the pokemon, and it hovered with a scared look in its small button eyes.
"Oh, how cute…." said Dawn.
The little glowing pokemon gave a startled squeak and then dashed away, disappearing into the crowd of houses and people.
"Hey! Wait!" Dawn called pleadingly after it.
Lucas suddenly blinked a couple times, snapping into focus. It seemed as if every time he looked at that rock, he was in some sort of hypnotized daze. "Ugh….come on. We have to follow it! It could be our only way to get back home!"
Dawn grabbed his hand as he started to take off. "Wait!"
Lucas felt Dawn's cold hands and stopped, meeting her blue gaze. She looked nervous. "Hey…not long before you woke up, I found this."
Lucas widened his eyes in surprise as he saw Dawn taking out an looked like an egg. It was about seven inches long, and it had been in her pocket of her pink sweater. It was long, but the shape wasn't wide enough like a normal egg, though it did bear the shape and looks of an egg. "A pokemon egg?"
Dawn nodded. "I found it….stuck in the chimney of the house I woke up on. Snow was covering it, and I was looking for the pebble while you were still asleep. I found it buried under the snow in the chimney, and kept it with me just in case."
"Why?" Lucas gave her a queried look. "If it's a pokemon egg, you should leave it alone. The parent could've left it hiding there on purpose."
Dawn gave him a narrowed look. "You think I'm stupid enough to not think about that before taking it with me? I saw ashes covered over this egg. There was snow all around it, both under and above. Do you think a pokemon would just leave its egg where its all cramped and dirty in a chimney, where it could possibly freeze?"
"A Koffing probably would," said Lucas. "And judging by the looks of this place, I think any pokemon around here could be born, surrounding itself with snow or ice. You don't know what kinds of pokemon we can find around this place….for all we know, we could be on the other side of our universe! Or even more than that--- another side of the dimension!"
"Are we going to follow that pokemon or not?" Said Dawn sourly, putting the egg back in her pocket. Half of it stuck out. "I think we're wasting our time when we could've caught up to that pokemon before it disappears somewhere else again."
Lucas glanced at the egg with uncertainty, then sighed. "Fine. Let's go," he held out his hand, and smiled as Dawn grabbed it and ran with him down the alley where the shining blue pokemon had disappeared.


Paul awoke in a dark forest. He felt a strange throbbing in his head, and his vision was blurry.
"What happened to me….?" He muttered angrily, squeezing his eyes shut. The last thing he had remembered was meeting the most entrancing-- and cute-- pokemon of his life. It was blood red, and the size of a four to six inch football, with dents that stuck up and the top corners of its horizontally oval body. It had tiny horns of the devil at the corners of its head, and cute button eyes with a devilish smirk to them. It had attacked him. It had literally lifted him off the ground with psychic powers, and then threw him back down. Now here he was, awake in a dark place, in an unfamiliar forest.
Paul shook his head and his vision cleared. "Damn pokemon," he growled. He would never trust another cute pokemon again. He didn't even understand how he had even become interested in that devilish little creature. He narrowed his eyes up at the dark night sky. The stars were lined in a weird pattern, and seemed to circulate the sky in a dazzling array of shapes. He wasn't in Sinnoh.
"Where have I seen these constellations before?" Muttered Paul, walking forwards, keeping his head looking up at the sky. He hadn't seen this pattern of stars in Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn either. Was he in Isshu? No……he couldn't be sure. He wasn't much of a stargazer anyway, and he hadn't paid much attention to the stars at all. "Ugh….judging from the powers of that pokemon, it could've taken me anywhere." He remembered Rowan saying something about a pokemon that had come from another world, possibly another dimension. For all he knew, he could be anywhere.
"Damn…." he squeezed his eyes shut. His head was throbbing again, and he winced as he felt blood trickle from the side of his forehead. The pokemon had thrown him hard. But he was feeling more than just a headache. He felt like he was shutting down, and struggling with a strange sense of rage to keep awake. He nearly fell forwards, and he grabbed a nearby tree branch, tearing it off the tree in frustration.
Paul fell to his knees. His eyes opened, and they were hot and teary from frustration. He felt like he was……changing. And it was hurting him terribly.
There was a squeak in the woods. Paul barely heard it, for his ears were throbbing and hot from pressure, but he suddenly saw the pokemon again. A red glow rose up into the sky right above him, and the red football shaped pokemon with ear dents sticking up, appeared with its wicked cute smile. Red light glowed around it, and another sense of energy flowed around Paul. He felt strengthened, and the pain lessened. He looked up into the pokemon's tiny button eyes.
Voices echoed through Paul's head. They were all meek, squeaky little voices, though at the same time, they sounded evil and cackled with laughter. Paul blinked up into the red pokemon's eyes, knowing the voices came from the pokemon, even though the pokemon kept its mouth shut the whole time.
Paul couldn't bring himself to speak. Only questions ran through his head. "Who are you? What do you want from me? What….have you done to me?"
Suddenly, the same small voices echoed in his head again, and spoke clearer. "Hello, Paul…..heehawed…….I'm having fun here….." Paul stared up in wonder as the red pokemon kept its wicked smile on him, rocking back and forth, swaying the lights around it and making Paul feel dizzy and sick as he watched them. "Hehe…..I am Chiba. I'm a strong pokemon…..a VERY strong pokemon."
Paul focused his gaze on the pokemon, feeling a sense of hope surge through him. The pokemon, Chiba, was speaking to him only through his thoughts. Paul could only talk back in his head. "But…I can never catch you. I just know it. You're….too powerful…..even for me."
Chiba's grimace remained the same as it cackled in its cute, but devious way. "Ooh, of course! I'm wayyy too strong for you. Aha, I bet you've never said that before to a pokemon, havent you? Hehe, and you've barely met me that long also."
Paul's head was still throbbing, and the lights that flowed around him were burning him, making him feel sore and sick. "Ugh…..do you mind……please, I've done nothing to deserve this pain."
Chiba cackled. "Hahaha! You want to catch me though, don't you? Admit it. Despite all this pain and crud I'm giving you, you still want me, huh? Yeah, Paul, you're still foolish enough to want to take your poke ball outta your pocket and capture me easily. Teehee, admit it, you fool." Chiba's menacing smile narrowed into a more devilish grimace as it sent out more waves of energy flowing around Paul, making him feel even worse.
Though Paul couldn't groan out loud, he was shouting a bunch of curses in his head. He squeezed his eyes shut and wrapped his arms around himself, feeling burned, sore, and beat up at the same time. The waves of energy were killing him. "I admit it!" He shouted angrily in his mind. "I hate the living crap out of you….." He flashed open his eyes with anger in them, as hot tears flowed down from the intensifying heat that burned around and through him. "…..but I still would love nothing more than to have a pokemon like you…….mine."
The little red pokemon squeezed its eyes shut, still smiling evilly. "Pah-haha! You're such a fool, Paul. You're nothing but a coward." It laughed in its small voice, and opened its eyes, staring into Paul's intent eyes. "Well, guess what? I've given you a chance."
Paul grunted in pain in his mind. "A chance?"
"A chance. If you really want to catch me….impress me first! You are in the fifth dimension, Paul. MY world. I belong here. I'm nothing like your strongest legendaries back in your own world, nooo, I'm much more than that. You know it, don't you, Paul? You know you wanna catch me. Well, catch me if you can!" Chiba suddenly threw an intensifying blast of bright light at Paul, sending him hitting against a tree behind him, and Paul collided with such force that for a second or two, he was positive he had been dead, and then suddenly snapped back to life. The heat was gone, though his body still felt the hotness and sore from Chiba's torturing waves of light. He opened his eyes in shock, staring at Chiba with wide-eyed wonder and horror as the red little pokemon drifted towards him, glowing and grimacing in its evil smirk. Its tail was swaying as it hovered in front of him, the triangle shape at the end glowing bright red like its body.
"Now! I've given you the powers of psychics and the ability of dark matter," spoke Chiba in his thoughts. "With the power of dark matter AND psychics, you can control both the physical and spiritual part of the world. You can physically control the objects around you with psychics, and even distort and mess up the auras of the objects within."
"You mean….I can control the spirits of pokemon? Or any living creature?" Paul was staring up in awe.
"Not spirits, you idiot," laughed Chiba, smacking him with a shot of light. "I meant the auras within. You can control minds of the pokemon within, so that their aura can be touched by the darkness of what I've given you."
Paul didn't entirely understand….but he felt a surge of excitement and anxiety run through him. He was actually going to have a chance to impress this pokemon, and even get to capture it for himself. "I won't let you down, Chiba. Tell me what you want me to do….I will do it." He stood up, wincing at the pain that seared through his body and his head, where it hurt the most.
Chiba chuckled cutely, narrowing its tiny eyes. "My, my. You're the tenacious type, arent you? A lot like me in a way…but no. No, Paul, you've got quite a ways before you end up like meeeee. That's why you're just beginning. Do what I say, and then you'll find out for yourself…..the true power of dark matter. After that, then I can be yours."
"I won't let you down," promised Paul through his thoughts. His head was hurting, but he still managed to communicate well with this pokemon through his thoughts. "I'll do whatever you tell me, and I promise I will show you who I can really be."
"Ha! You're still a fool!" Laughed Chiba tauntingly. "A mere, worthless fool. Just pathetic."
As Chiba spat those words at Paul, he felt hit by a force as strong as Chiba's lights earlier. Except he wasn't hit by anything physical this time.
Chiba continued to speak in his mind. The little pokemon kept its tiny mouth closed into its evil smile as it spoke. "To really impress, me, I'm not looking for what you can do on the outside. You can do all as I say, and obey all my commands and expectations I tell you to do, but if you don't find out the true power of the dark matter, you will never achieve it. Right now, I've only given you psychics. Right now, you can only obey my commands to impress me, with your psychic abilities. You don't have the ability of dark matter, and unless you figure it out along the way, you won't achieve it. After you discover what the ability of dark matter can really do, then you will achieve it. Then you will become like me, and then I will be yours……and you can be mine….." Chiba cackled in its evil tone again.
Paul was entranced by the red glow of this pokemon again. He stared up in awe at it, and nodded carefully. "I won't let you down," he said once again. "What do you want me to do first?"
Chiba narrowed its eyes and smirked even creepier. It was cute….an devilish at the same time. "There's a town not too far from here. I want ya to find a way to bring everlasting winter to it….because winter's my favorite season." Chiba giggled wickedly.
Paul blinked. "You want me to find a way to make it snow?"
"Find the town of Caravel City!" Shouted Chiba. "There is a certain pokemon that's known as the spring pokemon, and I want you to do something about that blasted creature! Do anything to make it stop its weather-changing ability to keep it spring all year! I wanna see ice-cold winter over that town, where the people shall shiver in cold and pokemon shall struggle for survival. I loooove winter." The little red pokemon glowed with intensifying red light.
Paul chuckled. "So you like winter. I wouldn't have expected that from a pokemon like you."
"Oh, hahaha! I'm more cold than you think, Paul," laughed Chiba hysterically. Its eyes narrowed into its cute, menacing smile. "Trust meeeeee."
"I will find a way," said Paul. "I will find a way."
"Pah! You better! I'm not going to help you in any way! I shall do nothing but watch over you and laugh at how pathetic you are--- if you prove to be! Figure things out yourself. I won't be there for you."


Lucas stopped to catch his breath. "Dang…..I saw it in the midst of all these people."
"Oh….we lost it," groaned Dawn. They were standing in another alley, behind a tall building that seemed to curve at the top like a fish hook.
"This is a really strange place," said Lucas, wincing around them. The whole town was like an imaginary city of ice sculptures and snow. "If I were born here, I probably would've been a lot more outgoing that I am. I'm so tempted to skateboard on that curvy building!"
"Well, we shouldn't stay here any longer," said Dawn. "We've got to find that pokemon with the pebble that got us here." Suddenly, the white egg in her pocket glowed.
"Hey! You really should think about what to do with that egg before we leave," Lucas reminded her. "You can't just take it home with us. Who knows what kind of pokemon can hatch from that egg?"
"Lucas, I know I'm not going to do anything foolish like that," she gave him a snappy look. "It's just…..this egg gives me the feeling that it's lost and needs me to look after it." She took the egg out and looked at it with a dazed look in her eyes.
Lucas blinked. He realized how much she must've looked like him when he was transfixed with the blue pokemon's gem. "Dawn! It could be dangerous! We don't know what sort of stuff could happen in a world like this."
Dawn held the egg close to herself and hugged it. She gave Lucas a challenging stare. "If you want, I could just stay here forever with this egg, and you can feel free to leave and do what you want."
Lucas was taken aback by Dawn's sudden mood. But before he could say anything back, he saw something shiny blue on the reflection of the egg. "The pokemon!" He whipped around and saw the light blue football-shaped pokemon with the pebble.
"Chii!" It cried with an alert look to its eyes, before dashgin away again.
Lucas hurried after it, not looking back as Dawn kept up with him, holding the egg tightly as it glowed brighter.

Kaira's scream was muffled as the cold hand covered her mouth. As soon as she felt the stab in her neck, her vision suddenly went blurred and spinning. She nearly fainted, until she heard the squeal of Chibu and angry cry of Chimchar.
Suddenly Kaira felt a wave of energy erupt inside her, and she whipped around, throwing her attacker far away, crashing the person into the burnt house in front of them.
Kaira stood, staring in awe, shocked at what she had just done. She turned to Chibu, who sent a wave of sparkling bright yellow lights towards where the attacker had fallen, and Chimchar used its angry Flamethrower.
Chibu huffed and shook its tiny body. "There! You ought to be careful, Kaira. That intruder has been banished into a state of nothingness in outer space, and he'll never bother us again."
"What the hell was that? What did I just DO?!" Kaira felt the strange flow of energy in her veins suddenly drain away, and she felt like a normal person again.
"Chimchaaa!" Chimchar jumped up and down, glaring at the burned spot in the crashed house where they had attacked the sudden attacker.
"Shut up, Chimchar," Chibu gave the fire pokemon a sharp poke with a spark of a tiny lightning bolt. Chibu turned back to Kaira. "I gave you energy, Kaira. You havent felt it long enough, but that's how it feels like to have the energy and power of a time-traveling messenger in the fifth dimension. That's how it feels like to have abilities created by the stars of outer space in the fifth dimension."
Kaira raised her eyebrows. "You can just give those powers to me, and then take them away just like that? I can become as powerful as you whenever I want?"
Chibu giggled. "Well, yeah. But keep in mind….I've marked you with the heart-bond. When I sucked your forehead, I had given you an invisible mark only seen by me and the beings of the fifth dimension. That means I've bonded with you, and I can watch over you no matter how far from you I am. I can share powers with you…..no matter where I am. That mark on your forehead proves that I am your heart-bond."
Kaira felt startled, but she pushed the feeling away and let the sudden happiness flow through her. She managed to smile. "Wow….so I practically have my own pokemon….and it's you."
Chibu smiled cutely. "Yep. I tried doing the same to Barry….but like I said….he couldn't heart-bond with me since he was a pure blood of the first dimension."
The thing with being a "pure-blood" born from another dimension crept Kaira out. Was she a half-blood then? She didn't feel like asking.
"CHIMCHAAAAR!" Chimchar let out an irritated blast of flames at Chibu and waved its arms towards the charred house, and took after a dark figure that snuck around the corner.
Chibu gasped. "Shoot! He escaped!" Chibu dashed after Chimchar, chasing after the dark figure.
Kaira hurried after them. "Hey, wait! Who is that anyway?!" She didn't like this place. All she wanted to do was find Barry and get out of here. She didn't like thinking that she was farther from home than she could imagine.
Chibu was quick. But Kaira managed to catch up by keeping her eyes on the glow of light that brightened around the pokemon as it shot out blasts of energy.
"Hah! I bet that kicked his ass!" Chibu's small voice sounded triumphant as the pokemon slowed down with Chimchar skiding to a stop and cheering noisily.
Kaira was still a few blocks down, but she hurried up to them, keeping her eyes focused on Chibu's glowl the dark houses that loomed around her seemed to want to eat her up.
"Hey, Kaira!" It was Barry's voice.
Kaira gasped and stumbled with distraction, and stopped running, looking around. "Barry?" She called, turning to walk back and peer around the house behind. She widened her eyes as she saw him standing there, happy to see her, but then her smile faltered. A tall dark figure stood by his side, a lady with a black robe and a hood over her head. Her face was pale white, and her eyes a piercing dark brown. Her expression was menacing, and she was glaring at Kaira with undisguised disgust. "Your friend, huh? Is she from the first dimension?"
Barry nodded, keeping his smile on his face. "Of course," he laughed. "Like I said, we were all from earth, and Casavon-- I mean Chibu-- teleported us here. Kaira! Come on! This is Empress Mai, the powerful Ice Queen of this region!"
Kaira met the lady's gaze steadily and nodded, not saying anything.
The lady narrowed her eyes into creepier slits. "Please, call me Prima Dona. Where's the pokemon? You had Chibu with you, didn't you?"
Kaira's heart pounded. "Uh…."
Barry's expression was suddenly intent and grave. "Kaira, you have to listen to what this lady knows. She's lived in this dimension for….five centuries?"
"Five decades," growled the lady, rolling her eyes.
"Oh, yes….so sorry! Prima Dona's been acquainted with Chibu before! Kaira, it's a terrible pokemon. Apparently--"
"Enough!" Prima Dona let out her left arm in front of Barry's face. She was staring into Kaira, as if trying to read her thoughts. "Where's Chibu?"
"Chi-- Barry, what's--" Kaira stuttered, looking at Barry in disbelief. What had this lady told him? She had a bad feeling.
Suddenly, Chibu dashed to Kaira's side, with a look of horror on its face. "Chiii!" It cried. It wasn;t speaking to her through her thoughts, but as a regular pokemon cry.
"Chibu!" Kaira exclaimed, grabbing the tiny pokemon in her hands.
"Bahhh! There!" Screamed Prima Dona. She immediately threw out a purple and white poke ball, and a magnificent Seviper revealed its long, powerful body. Prima Dona suddenly raised her arms up to the sky, and dark clouds shadowed over their area. Prima Dona was glowing, but the glowing light was dark and deadly. Seviper rose tall, glaring down at Kaira and Chibu with glowing, narrowed eyes.
Kaira felt her heart drop as she realized how content Barry was being. He stood there at Prima Dona's side, his arms crossed, smiling at Kaira as if nothing was happening.
"Hey! Barry, what--?!"
"Seviper! Poison Tail!" Prima Dona's screaming voice cracked the air and sent out a blast of lightning behind her. The Seviper hissed loudly, raising its large tail with a glowing, deadly purple.
"No!!" Kaira held out Chibu, knowing the little pokemon would know what it was doing.
"Chiii!!" Chibu sent out a wall of bright light, blocking the attack as Seviper hit its tail at the wall, causing a blinding explosion of yellow light. Kaira fell to her back. This Seviper was huge. She had seen Sevipers a few times before, and they had been one of her most hated and feared pokemon. But this Seviper was longer and bigger than any she had ever seen. Its length was probably three feet longer than the ones back in her world, and its height was like an extra foot taller when it rose its head to its formal position. And this Seviper had no cunning smile. It was glaring as if trying to kill Kaira with just the sharpness of its expression.
"Fool!" Prima Dona yelled with irritation.
"Kaira?! What are you doing?!" Barry was looking scared now. He hurried to her side and knelt down by her. "Let Chibu go! Believe it or not, it's tricked us!"
"Chii!" Chibu escaped Kaira's grasp and started to fight the Seviper.
Kaira met Barry's gaze with alarmed eyes. "How could you say that?! Chibu's a messenger of the angel pokemon, Dalyah! It's brought me here because it may need me to help it! Have you heard of the legend of Gaiyah yet?"
"Prima Dona's told me everything!" Said Barry seriously. "Dalyah's a feared enemy! That pokemon's kept Ultramaur's powers limited, so that Prima Dona's had no power to control the dark matter that flows in her aura! Anyone on Dalyah's side is an ENEMY!"
A blast of light flew over Kaira as Chibu battled furiously against Prima Dona's monstrous Seviper. Kaira narrowed her eyes. "An enemy of us? Or an enemy of Prima Dona?! Barry! Ultramaur's the demonized side of Gaiyah! If it has summoned dark matter to create someone like Prima Dona, then she is an enemy for us all! Dalyah's the angelic bringer of peace and mother nature! Chibu's a helping time-traveler for it!" What sort of things had Barry learned from this lady?
Barry stared into Kaira's eyes. They were bearing into her, but they were unusually distant. He looked confused. "No," he shook his head, standing up and biting his lip. "You can't side with Dalyah. It would…..hurt Prima Dona."
Kaira winced visibly in disbelief, not believing what she was hearing.
Prima Dona threw a ball of dark purple and black energy behind both of them, cackling in her creepy loud voice. "Ahahaha! My dear Barry, nothing can hurt me." She narrowed her eyes dangerously. "NOTHING. I am immortal. I was created by Ultramaur, a dark angel pokemon. I am a dark angel born of the dark matter in the second dimension, born to follow in Ultramaur's steps as a living aura that could be in the form of a human."
Kaira narrowed her eyes. "Barry, we have to get out of here. Now."
Barry was shaking his head, his eyes fixed on Prima Dona. "I'm not going anywhere," he said in a distant voice.
Kaira whipped her head to face Barry. She stood up. "Barry, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"
He was walking towards the tall, evil lady, a thin smile cracking his lips.
Prima Dona smiled sweetly, tilting her head and holding out her hand for him. Barry took it without hesitating, and Prima Dona yanked him towards her to pull him into a gap that she had been standing in front of. Barry disappeared in the circulating black nothingness.
Kaira gasped. "Barry!" Without thinking, she hurried after him, but Prima Dona hit her hard with a blast of red light. "What did you do to him?!" She screamed.
Prima Dona smiled wickedly. "Nothing serious. He's kinda got me misty-eyed, so I wouldn't do anything serious to him…..yet. YOU on the other hand, are a marked one of one of the time-travelers, arent you? Chibu's marked you, I can see it clearly."
Kaira touched her forehead. She remembered no one but the living beings of the fifth dimension could see the mark on her forehead.
"And with you, Chibu can do more than just time-travel," growled Prima Dona, her eyes piercing into Kaira just like her Seviper's. "With you, Chibu can do a great deal more….considering you are a half-being. And because of that, I will destroy you." She raised her arms high, and the dark clouds above turned a nasty reddish color, and thunder rumbled faintly.
Kaira held her breath, looking up, not knowing what to do.
"Kairaaaa!!" Screamed Chibu's cry in her head. It was holding back Seviper with a veil of light surrounding itself.
Suddenly there was a deafening crash of thunder, and the place flashed blindingly.
Prima Dona gasped and stared at her hands. "What?! What happened?!?!" Her face was a deadly anger.
The clouds above had turned into a light gray, and a soft wind blew over Kaira.
She looked at Prima Dona, who was glaring up at the sky. "Arghhh! It's you again, isn't it?! You blasted soul! What do you want now?!!" She sent a black flash of light from her long fingers towards the gray clouds, but the exploded into dust as they hit.
Prima Dona screamed and suddenly dropped to her knees as if someone had given her a rough push. "IDIOT!" She yelled deafeningly at the top of her lungs. She started cursing in a strange, scary language.
Kaira suddenly looked around her, and saw that Seviper was thrashing in pain as if something was taking over it as well. She was aware that there was someone around them all, but the presence remained unseen. Chibu was suddenly on her head. "Kaira! Get in the gap! It's alright! It's Roxeus, the pokemon of wind and atmosphere….it's distracting Prima Dona and her Seviper. Go!"
Kaira hurried over into the uninviting swirl of blackness, and disappeared inside.

Barry felt like he had hit his head for the fifth time today. He opened his eyes, feeling dizzy and half-awake. "Ugh….what happened now?" He felt like every few hours, he was ending up in a different environment, in a different place. Now he looked around and saw that he was in some sort of forest, where there were strange, eerie cries and noisy bugs heard everywhere.
Barry looked up and saw that the stars were a strange line of dazzling patterns. "Am I still in the fifth dimension?" He sure hoped so….he was longing to see Prima Dona again. His left forearm was hurting. He widened his eyes with wonder as he realized there was a strange mark on over his forearm. There were four black lines that went around, and a shaded triangle shape drawn in the middle of the lines. It shone in the moonlight as he held it high. "Prima Dona…." She had grabbed him at that very spot before pulling him into the dark gap behind her.
A strange throb went through his head, and suddenly, he knew where he was. He was still in the fifth dimension, and Prima Dona had meant to send him to her mansion in the town nearby, but then an evil spirit had screwed up her powers and she had accidently sent him far across the Arctic Sea. The thought had just randomly came to Barry, as if Prima Dona had reminded him in his head just now. He stared at his mark on his arm and blinked. "Wow." He gazed back up in the sky with hope in his eyes. "Prima Dona…..you're in trouble. I will find you. I will help you." Something had disrupted her powers after he had fallen into that dark gap. It was a spirit….though he still didn't know what spirit exactly. He could almost hear Prima Dona's voice in his head, as if calling him to come and help her. Chibu was still with Kaira.
"Chimchar!" Out of nowhere, Chimchar swung from a nearby tree branch, landing in Barry's arms. "Chimchar! Chimchar!!!" It looked urgent and happy to see him again.
"Hey, Chimchar!" Barry held the pokemon, relieved to see it all right. "How'd you get here? You followed me, didn't you!"
"Chim!" Chimchar nodded. He looked behind, as if expecting something to come out of the bushes.
"Chimchar?" Called Kaira's voice. She stepped out from between the trees, her thin shadow visible in the moonlight. She gasped. "Barry!"
"Chimchar!" Chimchar suddenly spotted the mark on his forearm. Suddenly, Chimchar yelled a startled cry and shook its body, trying to wriggle free from Barry's grasp.
Barry looked at the pokemon. "Huh? Chimchar! What's wrong?"
"Chim-CHA!" Chimchar spat an Ember attack on Barry's mark on his forearm. Barry dropped it and Chimchar ran away, disappearing into the forest.
Kaira watched after Chimchar, with a scared look on her face.
Barry faced her, wincing. "Huh! What was that about?"
Kaira whipped her head to Barry, and walked up to him. "Barry, I've lost Chibu. Where is Chibu?!" Her eyes were horrified and her voice sounded shaky and angry.
"You lost Chibu?"
"WHERE IS CHIBU?!" She demanded, glaring at him now. "Have you seen it? I know it came with me through the gap! I know it did! Where is it?"
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, why are you yelling at me like I did something to it? I didn't see any sign of Chibu. And I don't want to either!"
"Ugh!" Kaira sounded hopeless. She turned away, shaking her head. "I'll find it myself. Clearly, you still don't care about how important that pokemon it is…."
"Kaira, that pokemon's dangerous!" Barry sighed and put his arm on her shoulder. She turned to meet his pleading eyes. "Whatever you've learned from Chibu might be false. It's trying to find the missing being so that Dalyah and Ultramaur can become one and form Gaiyah. Without Ultramaur, Prima Dona wouldn't be the same! Can't you see how terrible it would be if Gaiyah came back to the world again?"
Kaira narrowed her eyes. "Maybe it woul be bad for Prima Dona, because she is nothing but pure evil."
"She is NOT pure evil!"
"She was born from dark matter!" Kaira protested, her eyes narrowed and in disbelief. "Ultramar's a dark angel just like Prima Dona said to your face-- a devil pokemon! If it created Prima Dona out of darkness to follow its path, then Prima Dona's nothing but pure evil, just like the pokemon Ultramaur!"
Barry shook his head, slightly smiling. "Ultramaur's not pure evil. There's no such thing as an evil pokemon. It's just very powerful. There's no such thing as an evil pokemon."
"Huh! You just said Chibu was an evil pokemon!" Kaira turned and started to walk away. "You don't understand. And Chibu's not only important to the world….it's important to me."
Barry held out a hand towards her, but then let it down. "Fine then," he said reluctantly. "I guess I'll just find my own way to look for Prima Dona. She needs me." He stared at the mark on his forearm.
Kaira looked back with despair in her eyes. Was that a sorry look she was giving him?
Suddenly, there was a shake and something growled in the bushes behind Barry. Barry gasped and looked behind, seeing a something dark and scaly moving through the bushes with a dangerous snarl.
"Ahh!" Barry dashed forward, leaping away as a Garchomp appeared from the bushes behind, barely missing Barry as it reached out to slash him.
Barry landed at Kaira's heels, and she backed away in surprise, hitting her head on a branch and falling forwards, in front of Barry.
Barry met her confused gaze, and then stood, pulling her up. "Come on! A Garchomp!"
He and Kaira ran through the woods, and suddenly, Kaira screamed as she skidded to a stop, looking down at the river that was about ten feet below. They were at the edge of a short cliff, and there was no where to go but jump. Barry could hear more Garchomp and Gabite gathering behind them, getting closer.
"We have to jump," breathed Kaira. She immediately threw herself off the edge, splashing into the running river below.
"Whoa!" Barry jumped in after her before realizing how brave she could be when she was scared of pokemon. He fell in the ice cold water, gasping for air and thrashing wildly as the river carried him downstream.
"Barry!" Cried Kaira as he caught up with her.
Suddenly a flash of blue light pierced the dark sky above them, and a log fell into the water.
"Grab on!" Called a voice.
Barry and Kaira held the log and climbed on top, and looked at each other with shock.
"You alright?" Said Barry, looking into her scared eyes.
She nodded. A strand of hair was over her left eye, dripping wet. "I think so."
A rope suddenly caught a twig sticking out of the log. The rope pulled the log back and Barry and Kaira were pulled to shore. Barry got off and saw their rescuer. He gasped in disbelief. "Lucas!"
Lucas was looking just as shocked. "So you DID go to Mt. Coronet!" He breathed.
Dawn suddenly appeared from the trees. "Barry? Kaira? Oh my gosh! You guys!" Dawn hurried over and Barry whipped around to face her, and the both of them hugged each other with relief.
"What in the world are you guys doing here?!" Barry shouted, slowly letting Dawn go.
Dawn stared into his eyes with a look of happiness and shock. "Well, we were looking for YOU, before Lucas found some special pretty stone that got us zapped here. What about you?"
There was an irritated huff behind Barry, and he turned to see that Kaira was standing up, wringing her purple sweater, looking upset and left out.
Barry turned back to Dawn. "Hey, we should find somewhere to rest and discuss this whole thing, I'm kinda soaked and freezing out here."
Dawn laughed and brushed her jacket. "Yeah, and you got me a little damp too," she said teasingly.
Barry shrugged. "Serves you right for following me here! I thought Kaira and I were the only ones who knew about this place!"
Lucas laughed. "No, wherever you go, we'll find you, Barry. And we were just sitting by a campfire not too far from here." He turned to Kaira. "You okay?" She was staring out into where the river was flowing towards, with a narrowed look on her face as if wondering what would've happened if she went on with it, and didn't get saved.
Kaira met his gaze and nodded, not saying anything. Her purple sweater was in her hands, wet and dripping. Barry looked at her with concern, wondering what was going through her mind. She was always so strange around other people. He turned to Dawn. "Well, take us there! I'm cold and hungry and wet and angry and--"
Dawn gave him a nudge as he passed her, following Lucas into the forest.
They chatted about their earlier encounters in the fifth dimension since their arrival, though Barry knew he did most of the talking. He mentioned Prima Dona, and where she had come from. He told about Chibu and the Chimchar from Professor Rowan's lab, and how Chibu had traveled to their dimension to look for the particular missing being.
Dawn and Lucas were listening intently. Kaira sat next to Barry as he excitedly went on about their adventure, but she sat, staring into the fire with a half-hearted look on her face. But she raised her head when Barry mentioned how Prima Dona had told him the story of Gaiyah and the two pokemon that were created when it split-- creating Dalyah and Ultramaur.
"So the pokemon that's been wandering around Mt. Coronet," spoke Dawn, "is that a pokemon created by Dalyah or Ultramaur?"
"Chibu was created by Dalyah," said Barry. "Because Prima Dona was seeking the pokemon that were messengers of her enemy. Chibu is one of the three messengers. The others are Chiba and Chibo, who look just like Chibu, except Chiba's red and Chibo's light blue."
Lucas widened his eyes. "Light blue? Hey! Dawn and I were chasing a pokemon that looked like that!"
"Football-shaped with tiny button eyes and a halo?" said Barry.
Dawn gasped. "Yeah! Except this was light blue. It had drooping ear dents at the bottom corners of its body. Wow, we've been chasing a messenger of Dalyah."
Barry nodded. "Dalyah has blocked Ultramaur's dark powers, therefore, blocking the dark matter from entering Prima Dona. Before Dalyah went missing, Prima Dona had no power to save her city when the terrible blizzard destroyed it. That's why when we arrived, the place was all empty. But now that Dalyah's gone missing in the other dimensions, Prima Dona was able to retain some of her dark powers back. She plans to capture all three of Dalyah's messengers before they find a way to combine Ultramaur and Dalyah together and recreate Gaiyah again."
Lucas and Dawn looked at each other. Dawn had a quizzical look on her face. "But I thought bringing Gaiyah back together would limit the powers of Dalyah and Ultramaur. Isn't Ultramaur's dark matter getting worse now? If Ultramaur combines with Dalyah, it's dark powers can be limited when they become one as Gaiyah again."
"Yeah," said Lucas with uncertainty. "And if Prima Dona was born of dark matter, she's like…..a witch. Barry, you probably shouldn't trust her."
Barry's eyes went wide. "What? No! you don't understand! Prima Dona's done nothing evil! Who ever said dark magic was evil magic? Prima Dona's a powerful sorceress willing to keep herself strong! Now that she's got some of her powers back since Dalyah went missing, she plans on searching the dimensions for the three messengers of Dalyah, to prevent them from finding a way to create Gaiyah again. You can't trust Chibu! We have to find it and let her take care of it so the pokemon, Gaiyah, isn't summoned."
Kaira huffed. "You're not gonna take Chibu anywhere. It's heart-bonded with me."
Dawn and Lucas turned their gazes to Kaira. "What's that?" Asked Dawn in a calmer tone. "Did you say Chibu heart-bonded with you?"
Kaira nodded, staring into the fire. "Apparently, it can now find me anywhere, and I can communicate with it no matter where I am….."
"Then why don't you do that now?" Barry asked quickly. "You were wanting to find Chibu so badly! You should ask it where it's at, so we can go get it!"
"Why? So you can turn it in to Prima Dona?" Said Kaira with no emotion.
Barry said nothing, but stared at her blankly. He felt a voice calling him in his head, and suddenly, he realized…..if he wanted to keep Prima Dona safe, he should keep his mouth shut about her while he was with his friends. If they weren't going to agree with him about how Prima Dona was no enemy to be feared, then he might as well just keep his thoughts about her to himself.
Lucas sighed. "Well, we lost the blue pokemon around here. Apparently, it's called Chibo, I guess."
"That just leaves Chiba," said Dawn. "And that one's supposed to be a red one with ear dents sticking up."
Kaira looked up, a narrowed gleam in her green eyes. "Make sure it's got a halo as well. It must have a halo just like Chibu and Chibo did, or else it's not a messenger of Dalyah."
Barry nodded, his eyes staring pass Dawn, lost in thought.
Lucas looked at Kaira. "Do the messengers of Ultramaur have a slight difference?"
Kaira nodded. "They look exactly alike, except they've got tiny devil horns on their heads instead of halos. And their tails have a triangle at the tip rather than a diamond. I bet they don't glow as brightly and valiantly as the messengers of Dalyah do."
Barry suddenly flinched as he stared into the fire. For a moment, he had a vision of Prima Dona, smiling at him deviously with her long finger pointed up over her lips, as if telling him to keep a secret.
"Hey, dude. Barry, you all right?" Lucas waved a hand in front of Barry's face. "You've stayed quiet for almost three minutes."
Barry blinked and met Lucas's gaze. "Uh….yeah! I was just thinking." He had his right hand covering the mark on his left forearm the entire time, feeling the need to hide it from Kaira….and everyone else. It seemed to be his only connection to Prima Dona, just like Kaira's invisible mark on her forehead was her only connection to Chibu. And Prima Dona seemed to be forcing his mind to keep quiet about her, and not mention too much about who she was.
Lucas shrugged. "We all need to think about what should be done next."
Dawn huffed. "Well clearly, there are pokemon from the fifth dimension wandering out there! Dalyah is missing, and Ultramaur's found a way out of this world because of that. Dalyah's messengers are trying to find Dalyah and bring it together with Ultramaur so they can become Gaiyah, and can never escape the fifth dimension again."
"We should keep looking for Chibo then," said Barry, trying to sound alert and determined. "You guys were close to finding the blue messenger ?"
"We should find them all," said Kaira in a distant voice, staring up at the stars. "I know where Chibu is. It's sent me a message telepathically. I must find it…."
"You know where Chibu is?" Lucas looked at her.
Dawn raised her eyebrows. "Where is it? Can we find it by the next few days or so?"
Barry watched as Kaira's gaze narrowed and she looked down. "I…..don't know."
"Where is Chibu exactly?" Asked Barry.
"I don't know."
Dawn narrowed her eyes. "Well, you just said it told you. Did it give you specific information?"
Kaira shook her head and met Dawn's gaze. "I don't know-- I mean, I know where it is. I… I can't tell you." She stuttered and sounded distant.
Dawn said nothing and everyone just stared at her. Kaira frowned as she looked down, not meeting anyone's look.
Barry tried to speak. "If you wanna tell everyone where it is, I can leave if it will make you more comfortable--"
"No! I'm not telling anybody!" Snapped Kaira, getting up and walking away, disappearing behind a grove of trees.
Dawn watched her go with a look of disgust in her eyes. "Kaira! Where are you going?"
There was no answer.
Dawn whipped her head back to face the fire. "Huh! Whatever. If she doesn't want to save her best pokemon friend she's finally bonded with, that's just her problem."
Lucas chuckled halfheartedly, peeling off a stick.
"Seriously, what's with her?" Muttered Dawn.
"Don't be like that," said Barry, not realizing how distant his own voice sounded. He was staring into the grove where Kaira had disappeared. "She does care about saving Chibu. We all need to make sure she does. We need all the messengers of Dalyah to……stop the dark matter from Ultramaur." He felt a sharp pang of regret at those words, and he clutched his mark harder, feeling it starting to sting him.
Lucas sighed and threw his stick in the fire. "Well, we should get some rest then. Tomorrow morning, I'll see if I find any trace of Chibo before we move on." He rose up.
"Hey, wait," said Dawn, looking around herself. "How are we supposed to search for the three messengers? They could be ANYWHERE in the hundreds of dimensions out there."
"Not hundreds," said Barry, giving her a raised look. "There are only four possible dimensions that we know of. There could be more, but we only know of four. This fifth dimension is actually supposed to be unknown with no access whatsoever, but apparently, some pokemon have been released and can break through the time gap. And each of the three were sent to each of the three available dimensions. The fourth one was destroyed long ago."
Dawn huffed and gave him a look. "Well, it's still way too much to search. How are we going to find anything in just one dimension? There's three messengers out there, and thousands of possibilities on where they could be."
Barry suddenly felt his mark glow under his hand, and it stung him like a wound. He squeezed his eyes shut and faced the ground, holding his arm tighter on his lap.
Dawn gasped. "Hey, you okay?"
Barry's mark was stinging, and he hoped no one had noticed the glow. He kept his eyes tightly shut so he wouldn't end up yelling in pain. "I think….Kaira would no how to find all three messengers. She may know more than I do." He clenched his teeth and gripped his arm tighter.
Lucas and Dawn were staring at him with concerned and confused looks. Dawn blinked. "She does?"
"Probably…since she can communicate with Chibu," said Barry, opening his eyes slowly, still facing the ground as his vision went blurry. He still pushed himself to hide it and keep talking like there was nothing wrong with him. "You should ask her. She wouldn't have gone too far."
Lucas huffed. "Well, I'm gonna get some sleep before we do anything else. He looked over to the grove of trees. "Hey, Kaira! We'll be asleep if you think of coming back. We could use your help!" His tone was friendly, though Barry knew he was just being diplomatic and convincing. He looked at Barry and shrugged. "If she doesn't tell us anything, we can find our own way." He threw a blanket over the fire to put it out.
"Oh yeah? How?" Questioned Dawn.
"We can start by tracking down Chibo. That one's still in this dimension. After we catch it, we might be able to find out where the other two could possibly be."
"Hey, Barry!" Dawn's gaze was looking at him intently. "What's wrong with you? If something's bothering you, come on and tell us. It's very obvious, you know."
"NOTHING is wrong with me!" He yelled, giving Dawn an intent look, grasping his arm. "I'm just having a headache after all I've been through today. And about Chibo, I wonder what it's doing back in this dimension when it was supposed to be in one of the other three?"
That seemed to distract them from giving him more questioning looks. Dawn sighed. "That's why we should find Chibo, I guess. Unless Kaira turns up tomorrow, we'll decide what we'll do."
Barry rose up, and winced slightly at how stiff he felt everywhere. "We better watch out for Garchomps if we're gonna sleep out here! If only I had my pokemon, darn it!"
"I know!" Lucas kicked a rock into the woods. "Who knows? Perhaps we'll get to catch some fifth dimension pokemon?"
"Hey, whatever happened to that Chimchar from Rowan's lab?" Dawn asked suddenly. "It's still out here, isn't it? In these very forests!"
Barry raised his eyebrows. "Oh yeah! Well….Chimchar was just a stowaway. It had nothing to do with Chibu or the other messengers. It just accidentally followed Chibu into our world and wanted to come back. Now it's back where it belongs…..so darn! I didn't even get to say good-bye!" Barry's heart sank as he remembered the last thing it did to him before he saw it again, how it had spat fire at his mark before running with screaming fear.
"Aw…" said Dawn reluctantly. "Well, good night you two. If you see Kaira or Chibo in the middle of the night, wake the rest of us up."
They said good night to each other and Barry lay on the cold ground he sat on, and took his hand off his mark. The fire was out, but his black symbol still shone brightly in the moonlight. It started to glow a bright red, and Barry held back a painful gasp. Images of Prima Dona went through his head. His wound was stinging like an infected wound, as if someone had sliced those marks on his arm. But as far as he knew, Prima Dona had marked him herself. She would keep an eye on him, but unlike Kaira's heart-bonding symbol, Barry couldn't keep an eye on Prima Dona.
He sat up, looking over into the grove of trees, thinking about going over to comfort Kaira and apologize. A voice inside him-- a voice that wasn't Prima Dona's-- was telling him to go and help his friend out, but then he felt a stab through his head and Prima Dona's cackling voice was echoing, destroying his thoughts of sympathy. Barry was transfixed by thoughts of the beautiful, coldhearted sorceress. He lay back down, falling into dreams of hypnotizing visions of Prima Dona.

Lucas was the first to wake up. The morning was very early, and on his poketch, the time said 5:40. Lucas sighed and sat up. The time here in the fifth dimension was probably different, just like how the mornings looked. He looked around. Usually, it was freezing on winter mornings, or if it was summer, the mornings were still at least a slight chilly. But here, everything was hot. Not just warm, but hot. Lucas realized the wetness on his cheeks wasn’t just the dampness from the moss he had been laying on, but it was also sweat.
Everyone was still sleeping. He cracked a smile at Barry, who had moved to sleep closer to Dawn. His arms were spread in front of him as he lay on his side, as if he had been hugging Dawn before she had rolled away from his grip in her sleep. Lucas was thankful for himself that his constant pang of jealousy wasn’t kicking in this time. He had more things to worry about than getting Dawn to notice him a little more. He looked away and stood, looking around for Chibo. The blue pokemon should’ve been around here somewhere. In the middle of the night, he had woken to a blue flash in the sky above them, and he saw it land somewhere in the trees.
“I should speak to Kaira,” he muttered. She ought to know something about where Chibo or Chibu could be. He headed towards the grove of trees where Kaira had disappeared into the other night.
It wasn’t long until he found her at the edge of a ravine. She wasn’t looking down into it, though her gaze was focused across towards the other side, alone in her thoughts.
“Hey, Kaira?” He called out politely. He hoped she wasn’t still mad about…….whatever had made her mad.
Kaira turned to gaze him, her eyes looking lost and clouded, as if she had been crying. She took a step forward….and let herself drop over the edge of the ravine.
“Kaira--? NOOOO!” Lucas yelled out in shock, holding out his arm, but it was too late. He heard a splash from the noisy river, and he saw Kaira’s body get carried away in the water.
Was she crazy?!
“Kaira!” Yelled Barry’s voice in the distance. He dashed passed Lucas’s side and jumped into the water after her before Lucas could think of what to do next.
Lucas rushed downstream , watching with fear as Barry caught up to Kaira and grabbed her shirt, grasping her arm and pulling her as fast as he could toward the shore. Lucas helped both of them out.
“My gosh! What in the world—are you guys all right?!” Lucas shouted.
Dawn suddenly appeared at Lucas’s side. She gaspe din horror. “Oh my goodness! Barry! What happened?”
Barry spit. “Bleh! Wow, that water literally tasted like spices!” He winced with disgust and looked down at Kaira. “Hey, Kaira!” He shook her limp body. She had her eyes closed. “Come on, wake up. I know you’re not unconscious!”
Kaira’s green eyes flashed open, and she was glaring up at Barry. “What? You saved me!” She gasped. But Lucas was taken aback by the snappy tone in her voice.
Dawn frowned. “Well of course hesaved you! What’s your problem now?”
Kaira sighed and sat up, shivering and dripping wet. “Just leave me alone….” She got up and started to walk away. But Barry stood and held her shoulder.
“Now wait just a minute!” He sounded angry. “Just tell us why you wanted to throw yourself in that ravine! If you want to commit suicide, you should just wait till we’re back home in our own dimension!”
Kaira whipped around and met his gaze with the same clouded look in her eyes again. “It wasn’t suicide.”
Dawn rolled her eyes. “Then what were you doing?”
Lucas looked at Kaira with seriousness. “If you can at least tell us what you know about Chibu also? Did it have anything to do with that?”
Kaira looked down and narrowed her eyes. “I received a dream from Chibu.” She said finally. “I…..I was told that I was supposed to…..I don’t know.” She turned away.
“Just tell us!” Barry sounded more determined and demanding than usual.
Kaira huffed. “Chibu tells me that I am a part-spirit of the fifth dimension.” She was looking down steadily. “Apparently, my soul belongs to this world, so that when I die……my aura will become part of this dimension.”
Lucas raised his eyebrows. “Why? Were you born here, or something?”
“I really don’t know…..” said Kaira distantly, “but Chibu says that in the first dimension—our world—when living beings die on earth, their body goes back to the earth. Their souls leave to become part of another world, and well…..when I die, my soul leaves to become part of this world. My soul will come back to where it belongs here in the fifth dimension, and my soul will become alive again…..into another being.”
“So when you die, your soul will leave to become reincarnated…..except you’d be reincarnated in the fifth dimension?” Barry asked, looked at Kaira’s expression with a narrowed gaze.
“I….I don’t know. It was all so vivid. Chibu came to me and told me who I was….but it wasn’t very specific. It told me to figure it out by myself. All I know is that…..somehow I came from here.”
Lucas nodded. “Kaira, we’re here to help you if you need us. Right now, we’re all stuck here so if you must stay here for your destiny, we’re here for you.”
“I don’t know my destiny!” Kaira looked up at the light gray sky. “All Chibu told me was that I’m part of this world, and I must help this world and find out who I am.”
“Well, where is Chibu?” Asked Dawn.
Kaira met her gaze with a look of dislike in her eyes. “It’s gone, that’s where.” She replied testily. “Prima Dona didn’t manage to catch it, but she did manage to steal the sliver ring at its center. That ring is what allows it to break through the gap in this dimension, and travel through to the other worlds so it can look for the missing being, Dovanna, and recombine Dalyah and Ultramaur to become Gaiyah again. Without the ring, it can’t go anywhere. Apparently, it’s stuck in a dark hole since Prima Dona stole its ring and pushed it into the dark gap that brought Barry and I here.”
Barry gasped. “You’re saying Chibu’s trapped in that field of nothingness? That’s crazy! That dark gap that teleported us from all the way across the sea…..Chibu’s stuck in that?”
Kaira nodded. “It needs its ring to go anywhere. Right now, all it can do is talk to me telepathically and guide me on what to do.”
“We should help it!” Dawn said. “But….how can we find the same dark gap? I mean, it’s like walking into a hallway to get to the next room, but then the hallway suddenly disappears into…..who knows where? How can we get that dark gap back?”
Kaira looked at the ground and frowned. “The only way to actually find Chibu itself is to enter the dark hole in space. That’s where all nothingness gets sucked into. Chibu is as good as dead…..just like Chibo.”
“What happens to Chibo?” Asked Lucas.
Barry met his gaze quickly. “Prima Dona’s taken Chibo’s gem before. She told me she’s shrunken it…..so that it’s less powerful to travel through the other dimensions. That’s why it’s stuck here now.”
Caravel City was quite the boisterous place. Paul stood at the top of a hill, gazing over at the middle-aged place with a studying intent in his eyes. The pokemon, Chiba, had told him to fill this place with the power of ice and snow, and to fulfill an everlasting winter for the pokemon.
The little red pokemon hovered above his head, snickering with its cute, devilish smile. “Teehee….remember the world has been changing,” it said deviously in its small voice. Its mouth never moved, and Paul could only hear it through his head. “Since Dalyah has gone missing, Ultramaur’s taken over the earth within, causing the wandering spirits to become evil, and to possess the live pokemon around here. This is the city with the most destruction and population of possessed pokemon. This is Caravel, terrible city of wars and battles.”
A warm wind blew over Paul, and he felt as if the spirits of the planet were touching him, and urging him to do Chiba’s evil bidding.
Chiba hovered closer to Paul’s ear. “Remember Paul……” it said cunningly. “…..I’ve already heart-bonded with you. No one can hear my voice in their thoughts but you. I’ve given you the scar on your forehead to prove it. The scar is only visible to those who are from this dimension, and no one else.”
Paul frowned. He had been told of how there have been others from his world to have entered. “So the spirits have warned you of the other earth beings out there? They’ve actually arrived?”
Chiba huffed out a puff of angry red smoke. “The spirits summoned by Ultramaur, they have seen the earth beings arrive here, and they are fearful that they can be part of the prophecy. The prophecy states that the three chosen ones from earth are a big part of the summoning of Gaiyah. Somehow, they are connected with the pokemon, Dovanna, or at least will find a way to connect with it, and then bring back Gaiyah.”
Paul narrowed his eyes. “If that means losing you, I will NOT let it happen.”
Chiba giggled. “Just because I’ve heart-bonded with you doesn’t mean I’m entirely yours yet. Heehee….for now, you are mine.”
Paul started walking towards the city. “Somehow, I’ll find a way. I will impress you. And then you will be mine.”
Chiba hovered over the hill, snickering tauntingly after Paul as the little pokemon watched him go.
Paul entered the city. The place didn’t look too modern. It was crowded with poorly dressed people in rags, carrying around baskets or working together to pull wagons with their pokemon. As Paul eyed each of the pokemon with intent, he realized that most of them were just like the ones from his own world. Rapidash, Machoke, Grotle, any of the modern pokemon he was used to seeing were here.
But then he walked passed a group of strange men. They were dressed in rags, and some had no shirt. They were whipping their pokemon to pull the largest and most exotic looking carriages Paul had ever seen. He stopped walking to stare at a trio of Gabite harnessed to a tall, expensive white carriage that looked like it would hold the queen of England. The men on board were dirty-faced and angry with sweat as they whipped at their pokemon roughly to pull them on.
The Gabite made startled and painful whimpers as they were whipped. Paul flinched as a man whipped one with a loud snap that could’ve been heard all through town. Paul almost felt bad. He turned away slowly and continued on, feeling a pang of sorrow for those pokemon.
The whole city looked like it had rich, tall buildings without too much litter and destruction on the grounds, though at the same time, half the people looked like poor peasants from Africa. Some did look might and rich with the strong-looking pokemon, while others slept under outdoor grocery table with weak-looking pokemon.
Then Paul stopped to peer at something that interested him. He reached what looked like a private arena, where people gathered to fight their pokemon battles. Already, he had seen a regular Starly here use a strange, powerful move he had never seen before back in his world. He curiously walked up towards the doors that opened to a strange, wide-open arena.
But before he could enter, the doors suddenly shut closed.
Paul frowned. “What the hell?” He looked around, seeing if there was anybody who had shut those doors like that in his face. He suddenly spotted a group of tall dark people around the corner in the shadows. They were huddled together, standing and talking in low voices. He narrowed his eyes and quietly walked to get a closer look at them. There were three guys and a lady. All were dressed in the strangest clothes. The guys all wore identical tight black shirts with tight black pants, with a diagonal silver slash across the front of their shirts. The slash looked like a Meowth had scratched across their shirts, leaving the color of silver. The girl wore the same black tight shirt with a diagonal slash, though the color revealed a purplish glow. She wore a black skirt over her tight black leggings, with heels as sharp as a Sharpedo’s tooth. They looked dangerous in a way, like evil ninjas or robbers. They reminded him of team rocket for their outfit, though their devilish looks on their faces were more serious and angry like Team Galactic.
“Heyyyy, hey, hey! Outta the way, man! You’re on Solar property!” Paul was suddenly pushed as a tall man with scruffy blonde hair pushed pass him. He was dressed like one of them.
Paul whipped around to glare at the man. “Who might you be?” He said in an irritated tone.
The guy winced and laughed. “Hah! Why should I tell you? You ought to tell us who the heck you are, trespasser! What? Are you a spy or something?”
The group of four that Paul had been watching suddenly turned to face him. They were all wearing a mask over their eyes, looking like raccoon bandits. They narrowed their gazes, their eyes suddenly flashing an evil red glow through the opening of their masks. They made their way up to him, and Paul was surrounded by a group of tall, darkly dressed people with evil gazes. All looked unfriendly but the smirking guy with blonde hair.
Paul suddenly felt scared, though he glared at them to hide it. He reached into his pocket, ready to summon his Honchcrow.
“Who are you?” Demanded one of them. “What are you doing, spying on us?”
The girl spoke in a smooth, menacing tone. “Violators shall be persecuted, you know. We can tell if you’re a spy or not.”
“I’m no spy,” said Paul carefully. “I’m…..a foreigner. I honestly have no idea what’s going on in this city.”
The five dark people all gave him looks of disbelief. The tallest one with the deepest voice spoke. “Not know what’s going on in the city of Caravel? BAH! B.S.! Everyone knows what’s going on here! Everyone’s heard of the ongoing battle of Prima Dona and Madorius! You, sir, are nothing but a complete foolish spy! A fail for a spy at that! And for trespassing on the property of Prima Dona, we shall kill you.”
The guy reached suddenly threw out a jet-black poke ball. “Go, Honchcrow!”
Out popped a magnificent shadowy figure, but Paul widened his eyes as he saw the fiercest looking Honchcrow he had ever seen. This Honchcrow revealed itself in the air, spreading its wings and calling out an eerie, screeching cry. It faced down at Paul with a piercing look of anger. But something was strange about this pokemon. This Honchcrow had blood-red eyes……..and no eye ball. The eyes were piercing into slits, but Paul wasn’t sure if he even saw a trace of its eyeballs in that red glow. He widened his eyes in shock, and without thinking……he summoned his own Honchcrow. “Honchcrow! Stand by for battle! Use you Dark Pulse!” As his Honchcrow appeared from its poke ball, it revealed itself valiantly and faced its opponent. But one look at the opponent Honchcrow’s eyes was enough to scare Honchcrow out of its wits to fly away like a coward. It turned and flew, crying a scared screech Paul had never heard from it before.
“What?! Honchcrow! What are you doing?! Use your Dark Pulse Attack!” Paul shouted with disbelief.
One of the dark people smiled evilly. “Hmph. You really arent from here…….arent you?” Then the guy looked up at his own Honchcrow. His eyes flashed a bright red through the slits of the mask, and he muttered a strange, creepy-sounding language and instantly, the Honchcrow charged after Paul’s Honchcrow like a blur, and with the blink of an eye, Paul’s Honchcrow was lying on the floor in front of the wall, as if it had collided and fell. Paul held his breath as he saw a trickle of blood on the wall. He was in severe trouble. He turned to meet the glaring gazes of the five tall people.
The tallest guy gave a low growl. “Our Honchcrow will take care of anymore pokemon you have. We will take care of you ourselves.”
The tallest guy crouched down in a blur, and suddenly leaped into the air, flipping once and spread out his arms, growing claws out of them. He hovered in the air, and then spun around, then faced Paul with the face of a cat-like scowl. The mask over his eyes no longer looked attached, but had become part of his face. His eyes were still red and narrowed into slits, but his mouth revealed sharp white fangs. His face was like a wild, dangerous and crazy expression.
Suddenly, the dark people around Paul closed in on him, growling in the shadows. Paul backed away, but he bumped into the person behind him, who suddenly gave him a sharp push that he fell

A blue light flashed in the gloomy sky. Kaira followed the others reluctantly, her eyes still in their dreary gaze, confused and depressed. Dawn, Lucas, and Barry had all agreed to following after Chibo after they had seen its blue light flashing in the sky, heading towards the north. Especially after hearing the prophecy from Kaira’s dream, the others were determined to catch up to this pokemon when it was able to leave this dimension and seek the missing soul of Dovanna in the other worlds.
But Kaira’s feelings were starting to falter again. She was starting to lose hope and feel like the isolated person she was back in her own world. She looked up and narrowed her eyes at Dawn. Why did she have to show up all of a sudden? Did she have to appear everywhere she and Barry were alone together? Kaira was sure this was the exact perfect place to have Barry alone with her, with no Dawn or no Lucas to come and interfere. Unfortunately, things never lasted for Kaira. She kicked a pebble in her path as she slowly followed along. She listened with a pang of anger as Barry chatted endlessly with Lucas and Dawn, just like he would do back in Twinleaf whenever they were around him. She liked it a lot better when it was just her and Barry alone in this world. She kept her gaze fixed on him, breathing a quiet sigh as she thought about the way he had saved her this morning, how he had grabbed her and taken her ashore, yelling with a wide-eyed look of shock in his eyes. He had been scared…..for her. Kaira’s heart pounded at the thought. She heard a little voice in her head.
Don’t trust him Kaira. Be careful on anyone you meet. Remember……he could be in the powers of Prima Dona.
Kaira bit her lip. Chibu was warning her. But Kaira didn’t respond back in her head. She didn’t want to think about how Barry could be drawn to Prima Dona. Right now, she was more worried about him being drawn to his childhood friend, Dawn.
“There! I saw it again!” Lucas stopped and pointed to the sky, towards a tall tree. “Chibo’s headed for the next city! Oh, if only we had a map of this world. I feel like such an alien on this planet.”
Kaira knew the next town. Chibu had told her about the city of Caravel, where a horrible battle was taking place.
Kaira, remember. Prima Dona may not be in the city at the moment, but she’s got a whole alliance of people and pokemon working for her. Some may be on her side just for pure evil and power, others may have become possessed and taken over by dark matter. Unfortunately, this world is suffering from the evil of dark matter.
Kaira replied in her thoughts. It could happen to us, couldn’t it? How should we avoid it?
Well, there are dark spirits wandering on this very planet at the moment. They could be with you right now. But the only time they would have the power to take over your soul so that you become a possessed demon of dark matter, is only if they use the power of ice.
Ice?
With ice, the dark spirits can freeze your soul so that they can easily take over and make you become one of them. The dark spirits are dead—nothing but auras that haven’t reached the dark hole. They wander on this planet and seek living bodies. Once they enter the living body of another creature, they can take over the being’s soul, so that they can control their movement in another body as a live spirit again. This is why dark spirits always belong to the dark hole of nothingness. If you have been evil in your life in this dimension, your soul wouldn’t leave peacefully. You would be banished into the dark hole of nothingness, where you can never bother the world again.
Kaira listened carefully. Her eyes looked blind and dreary. That’s why Prima Dona wants you in the dark hole. She wants you to die in it so that your soul can be purposely sucked in……even though you have no evil heart.
Exactly. This is why the angel pokemon, Dalyah, has kept any dark spirits from escaping the pull of the dark hole. The pokemon, Ultramaur, is the exact opposite. It can keep evil spirits from vanishing into the dark hole, so that they can wander the earth like ghosts. Dalyah’s kept Ultramaur from doing any such thing, but unfortunately, it’s gone missing. This is where you and the three earth beings come in. You, yourself, have power from this dimension that you can use to help this world from Ultramaur and the power of dark matter. You must find out that power, and learn who you really are. The other three earth beings on the other hand, must find control over the elements they will be touched by. Darkness, light, fire, and ice will be involved to help rid the world of dark matter. The three beings from earth shall be both blessed and touched individually by each element, and in the end, it will help benefit the planet. They will help nourish the planet of dark matter and evil, while you will benefit the entire dimension because of you who are. You are more important than you think, Kaira.
You said there were three beings from earth. Why would they be touched by four elements? If each one shall be blessed and cursed, what happens with the fourth element?
Chibu’s small, cute voice took a few seconds before answering carefully again. The fourth element shall have no benefit. It will be involved, but it shall have no blessing for the three earth beings. Three shall be touched individually by darkness, light, and fire, while the last element—ice—shall banish the betrayer I told you about.
Kaira gasped. Oh yeah…..the fourth earth being. The human out there that has arrived, but doesn’t belong, shall betray us…….and then…..
And then the element of ice shall overcome the human, freezing its soul so that a dark spirit shall take over. Chibu spoke with such dread that Kaira almost felt like it was talking right at her face.
Kaira didn’t say anything back, waiting for Chibu to say more, but there was no reply.
Kaira, I can’t tell you anymore. I don’t even know who the three earth beings are. You’ll have to find out yourself. You’ll see who’s who when someone gets touched by one of the elements. But remember……beware of ice. Ice is a powerful element, an element of dreadful coldness. The mystic ice pokemon was a legendary in a story that was said to have no heart in the cold empty body of the ice type. Please…..try not to tell the others too much. Don’t get them worrying. For now, just let them know that—under all costs—do NOT tell anyone from this world that they are from earth. Don’t even tell anyone that you were all from another dimension. Just follow the blue light of Chibo. You are headed towards the city of Caravel. Don’t trust anyone there. You never know who could attack you there. Here in this world, you are touched by spirits of the elements. There are many pokemon that come in forms of mystic legendaries, though most of the time they are invisible and only speak to you through nature. Find the daughter of the spirit, Lamaroone. She is married to King Malidorius of Caravel, and together, they live as a family of fire-type pokemon trainers. Very powerful indeed. Nothing like the trainers in your own world….
Kaira listened with intent, until Chibu said no more. Unfortunately, that had been the last thing Chibu said before Kaira lost connection. She tried calling out for it in her head, but just like a few times already before, it was unavailable. Kaira wasn’t scared…..she knew it was going to come back later. Telepathy from the dark gap must be pretty hard, she thought. But she was still haunted by the prophecy…..and what was to come soon.
“Hey, Kaira!” Barry’s voice interrupted her thoughts. The others had slowed down and had joined her side. Barry was on the other side of Dawn, who was on Kaira’s left. “You alright? Your eyes went all blurry and blind for a moment.”
Kaira winced. “Really?” She said distantly.
Lucas laughed. “Nah, they weren’t blurry. But you were walking like you were a zombie or something. You sure you don’t need rest after that fall?”
Kaira shook her head, looking down as she slowly walked along the grassy forest. This world apparently had grass growing where trees were so close together.
Dawn turned to Kaira with concern. “Have you been speaking to Chibu?”
“Yes….” Kaira replied. She didn’t think of anything else to say, for she didn’t feel like sharing her thoughts with the others. If they knew of the possible blessing and curse that might come to them, and the real truth about the ice, they wouldn’t stop blabbering about it with Barry. And she didn’t want to see the three of them get into such an engaged conversation without her.
Dawn stared at Kaira without changing her expression, and then looked forwards. “Well, I’m not asking you to share everything. I’m just expecting some help from you, since you’re the one with the connection to a pokemon of this world. You ought to be more helpful and tell us anything useful—I know you have something in mind that we all should know.”
Kaira narrowed her eyes at Dawn’s tart tone, but she said nothing.
Suddenly, a flash of fire blew over Barry’s head. Barry widened his eyes and dodged to the right as a ball of fire dropped down to where he had been standing. “Wahh! Am I about to receive my fire curse now? Where did that come from?!” He looked all around him with shock, and Kaira suddenly felt her heart leap. Could the element of fire really be claiming Barry already?
Dawn gasped and grabbed Lucas’s arm. “Whoa! Look out!”
Suddenly, balls of fire shot out from all around Barry, hurtling towards him in a circle. Barry ducked as the fires smashed into him, creating a small explosion, blowing everyone back. Kaira fell on her bottom a few feet away.
When the smoke cleared a little, Barry suddenly gave out a happy yell. “Whoa, Chimchar! You’re back!” Kaira caught a glimpse of Barry running towards a small shape on the ground, but then flames suddenly blew at his face from the shape. “Ahhh! Hey!” Barry whipped away, rubbing his eyes.
“Chiiiim!” Chimchar’s cry was unfriendly. It suddenly appeared from the smoke and jumped towards Kaira, landing on her shoulder.
Kaira gasped and let out a startled, “Uhhh…..ahhh…” But surprisingly, she kept herself steady and calm.
“Chimchar!” Dawn and Lucas both shouted with delight.
Barry appeared from the smoke, coughing. He looked up at Chimchar with a frown. "Hey, what the heck! what's your problem? Sheesh, I thought you hated Kaira." He met Kaira's gaze with a playful expression. Kaira saw that he was clutching his left forearm, as if he had hurt it. His face was smoky and red, but most of it smeared off from rubbing it.
"Chi-imm!" Chimchar swatted its hand at the air towards him. Kaira was a little taken aback by its sudden unfriendliness towards Barry.
Lucas grabbed the pokemon off Kaira’s head. “Whoa, there! What have you been doing? I guess you’re more than just a lab pokemon ready to go on an adventure in Sinnoh. You’re really from the fifth dimension, huh?”
Chimchar was glaring at Barry, and it replied with a testy. “Chimmmm…..”
Dawn smiled at it. “Well, I guess it’s been following us. Would you like to come along?” She gave it a friendly poke on the nose.
Chimchar sniffed and then lighted up as it looked at Dawn. “Chimchar!” It cried happily.
“Great! We can take it along, can’t we?” Dawn looked at Kaira.
Kaira shrugged. “I—I don’t see why not…..” She couldn’t hear Chibu say anything to her in her head.
“Awesome!” Said Lucas. “We need some kind of pokemon to come with us on our journey. There’s obviously going to be a lot more than just the pokemon we know from our own world.”
Dawn nodded. “Chimchar can protect us. We’ll help train it!”
“We should get going,” said Kaira, gazing up at the sky. the light gray had turned into a darker thicker sky of clouds. “We must reach the next city. All I’m going to tell you is to keep quiet about who we are.” She met Dawn’s gaze, who was looking at her with intent. “As far as anyone around us knows, we are foreigners from the east. We come from a town called……Deadwood Town.” The word just popped into her head, and somehow she knew it was a real place. It was as if Chibu had given her a sign in her head.
Dawn winced. “Deadwood? Okay….whatever. We should start heading northeast now. tell us what you can on the way.”
As they headed on, Chimchar rode on Lucas’s shoulder. Kaira kept casting concerned glances at Barry, wondering what had come between him and Chimchar. She wanted to come up and ask him, but she felt a little scared to speak to him. she wondered if he really cared for her the way she cared for him. The look in his eyes when he had saved her…..could he really have feelings for her…..even just a little?
She noticed he was keeping quiet, and his face showed signs of stress. He was constantly wincing in pain, and he still held his forearm.
They stopped at the top of a hill. Ahead of them…….was the perilous city of Caravel.
“There it is,” said Lucas in awe. “Kaira, you say that this city has been known for its battles and violence among the people?”
“Violence among people and pokemon,” said Kaira. “The pokemon are not only possessed by devils at the moment, but even the regular pokemon out there are trained to be tough and brutal. There’s barely any peace there ever since Prima Dona arrived and angered King Malidorius.”
Dawn nodded. “She is ice…..he is fire. Perhaps they have to do with the elements to affect us?”
Kaira shrugged. “We have to go and see Malidorius. He will guide us out of the town safely somehow. We must tell him we are only foreigners passing through.”
“You think he’ll just trust us?” Said Barry.
“No. But whether he trusts us or not, he would gladly get people out of his territory, especially if he doesn’t know them. We just have to try. It’s too dangerous to cross the town without someone to protect us besides a single pokemon.”
Chimchar cried out sourly, hearing Kaira’s words clearly.
Barry gave it a look. “Yeah, if only I had my own pokemon right now.”
Kaira suddenly noticed a glow in Dawn’s pocket. She had noticed the strange shape of an egg sticking out, but she didn’t care to pay attention to it. Now that she saw it glowing, her eyes became transfixed by it……as if she were having the most vivid déjà vu. For a moment, she forgot everything that had happened to her, and her mind went blank, trying to focus on remembering the history of that egg.
She suddenly regained her senses as they all moved on. But she hissed at Dawn in a low voice. “Hey! You have an egg there. You didn’t tell any of us about it.”
Dawn met her gaze with a slight look of surprise in her eyes over Kaira’s discovery.
“Yeah she did,” said Lucas, coming closer to Dawn’s side, speaking in a low voice. “She told me. And only me.” Surprisingly, Barry didn’t but in or look at them as they spoke quietly. He still held his arm with a narrowed look in his eyes.
“Well, now you should tell me,” said Kaira, feeling her concern for the egg begin to overpower her. Every time she fixed her gaze on the pure white egg, her heart seemed to throb with urge.
Dawn frowned. “Well, I found it alone in a chimney at Rendridge Town. Nobody was there to claim it, and I couldn’t imagine the mother of this egg to just leave it frozen in snow, stuck in a chimney.”
“Get rid of it,” Kaira’s voice suddenly hissed with venom. She felt a sudden burst of anger and fear over the thought of having the egg around them.
Dawn gave her a look, a little taken aback by her tone. “Why? Am I doing anything wrong?”
Kaira suddenly felt nauseous and angry. She didn’t know how….but she felt weak and overpowered by the sight of the glowing egg. “It’s going to hatch soon….” She murmured, her eyes transfixed.
“Dawn…I think your egg is scaring her,” said Lucas.
Dawn huffed. “Well then leave it alone. I can handle it myself. all you have to do is stop staring at it.” She looked at Kaira quizzically as Kaira’s eyes began to grow wider and more distant as she stared with awe at the egg. “Hello….? Are you okay?” She waved a hand over Kaira face. “You look like a Noctowl, staring at my egg like that.”
YOUR egg?! The angry words screamed through Kaira’s head and she glared at Dawn. “Chibu said so,” she said tartly. “Chibu wants you to let go of that egg.”
It wasn’t true, and Dawn knew it. She frowned and sighed. “Oh please.” She muttered, walking faster and catching up to Barry, putting a hand over her egg.
Kaira watched Dawn go with a look of hatred in her eyes. But as she took her gaze off the egg, her vision suddenly cleared and she was focused again. She gave a slight gasp of surprise and stumbled on her feet as she walked.
Lucas met her gaze. “You okay?” He asked, wincing at her. “That egg makes Dawn feel so protective and in control. But it makes you look all defenseless and confused. Do you know anything about that egg?”
Kaira blinked a couple times, and then shook her head. “No…..I—I don’t.”

“Guys, welcome to Caravel City,” said Lucas as the four of them entered the exotic and crowded city.
Barry looked around, feeling more and more uncomfortable. His mind was spinning with images of Prima Dona. The symbol she had given him on his forearm was getting worse, starting to feel more and more like an infected wound that stung him terribly. He could feel the overpowering images of Prima Dona taking over his head….and at the same time, he wanted nothing more than to see her again.
“I’ll be waiting, Barry…….” Her sharp, cold voice echoed in his head. “Make sure you’re there for me. don’t let your friends stop me….”
Somehow how he knew he couldn’t let anyone hurt Prima Dona…..even his friends. She was nothing but pure evil……but she meant so much to him. Her overpowering beauty made him protective to stand up to her-- no matter what the consequences. His head hurt at the thought. The whole world could suffer….if it meant giving Prima Dona what she wanted. The thought pierced through his head, though deep down in his heart, he knew he was wrong. But he couldn’t escape it. His wound hurt him every time he tried to back down. He held his head high, promising to stick to Prima Dona’s words-- and do what it took to benefit her. This was the city of her alliance. She wasn’t here at the moment, but she was coming. She was waiting for him not too far away, and in the meantime, he must help her benefit. He flashed a glance at Kaira. He couldn’t let anyone ruin her existence. The pokemon, Ultramaur, must NOT be stopped.
Kaira suddenly met his gaze with her soft green eyes. He held them for two seconds, and then looked away. He longed to stare into them, to study the look of calm and emotion that she always showed in her eyes. But he couldn’t tell her the truth. He had to betray them. He had to betray them all…..for the sake of Prima Dona. He knew he was the one human to have not belonged. He was the unwanted earth being to betray, and he knew it. He couldn’t bare to meet anyone’s gaze. Chimchar even treated him like he was unwanted already, as if it already knew his plan.
Without him talking to Dawn and Lucas, they kept their conversation slow and steady towards each other. Everyone looked so careful and aware of their strange surroundings. Some people here were horrible to their pokemon, and some seemed to have suffered from a terrible past as they lived homeless with their pokemon.
Barry was lost in his own thoughts that he didn’t notice he was drifting away from the others.
“Hey, Barry--” Dawn’s voice called before he bumped into something.
“Uh--!”Barry looked up and saw that he had bumped into the dark figure of a Lucario.
“Grrrrrr….” The Lucario slowly turned and met Barry’s gaze-- with the most shocking eyes.
“Whoa--!” Barry backed away in surprise as he noticed its eyes were glowing red-- with no eyeballs. The Lucario stared at him and snarled even louder, stepping forward to him as Barry carefully backed away.
“Uh…..someone tell me what’s with this Lucario?” Said Barry, backing off as the Lucario continued to walk towards in front of him.
Lucas gasped. “It may be possessed!”
Chimchar gave a startled whimper and clung onto Lucas’s shoulder.
Suddenly, the Lucario leaped forward and grabbed Barry’s shoulders with its strong grasp, and pinned him to the ground with such force that Barry felt as if he were going to get squeezed to death in the next second.
“Barry!” Dawn cried. Chimchar let out an angry cry and blasted flames at the Lucario, throwing it off Barry.
Barry sat up, watching as the little monkey tumbled with the dark pokemon. “I think it is possessed. Look at the way it tumbles and moves!” The Lucario was faster than any regular Lucario Barry had ever seen. And the disgusting noises it made when it growled voraciously sounded nothing more like a demonized pokemon.
Chimchar was suddenly thrown against a building wall and the Lucario held its hands out and sent out a beam that paralyzed Barry, Lucas, and Dawn from running away. They all hovered an inch above the ground, paralyzed by the strange red beam from Lucario.
“What in the world!” Barry yelled.
“Save us, Kaira!” Dawn shouted.
Kaira was standing right behind Lucas, frozen in fear as she stared at something in Dawn’s pocket. Before Barry could see what she was looking at, someone suddenly dropped down from the building and grabbed Kaira from behind.
“Ahh--” Kaira’s scream was muffled as the person put a hand over her mouth.
“Kaira!” Shouted Barry, trying to move as the Lucario growled and started walking up towards him.
The person was wearing a ski mask that covered its whole face like a bank robber. It turned to face Barry. “Houndoom! Flamethrower!”
A Houndoom suddenly leaped from behind Barry and breathed a blast of flames at the Lucario. Thankfully, this Houndoom wasn’t missing any eyes.
“What-- who are you?!” Lucas whipped his head to face the person as the beams released their grasps.
The person sounded like a guy, and as he let go of Kaira with a hard push to the ground, he dashed like a ninja to Houndoom’s side. “Get ready……”
“Huh? For what?” Barry sputtered.
Suddenly, numerous amounts of Riolu appeared from the roofs of the buildings that surrounded them. They appeared from around corners of houses, heading towards Barry and the others, all with red eyes and no eyeballs.
“Now, Houndoom! Use Earth Fire!” Yelled the strange masked trainer.
The Houndoom gave a deep growl and suddenly, the ground shook, erupting fire from all around, destroying the demonized Riolu around them.
Barry dodged over the erupting fires, yelling and keeping his eye out for Dawn, Lucas, or Kaira. “Hey, guys--! Ahh!” He jumped back, barely missing the shot of flames that erupted from the ground below him.
He ran as fast as he can around the corner of a building where the fighting and eruptions weren’t going on. He stopped behind a tall, old looking building just nearby the attack.
He panted, suddenly feeling Prima Dona’s presence in his head. “Beware…….don’t play with fire….” she echoed in a teasing sort of tone.
“Of course not,” he muttered out loud, even though it only sounded in his thoughts. “I’ll never……hurt you with fire.”
“Hurt WHO?!” An challenging voice suddenly sounded nearby. Barry looked up and saw that there was a girl standing a few yards in front of him, staring at him with a look of anger and despise in her eyes. She looked about sixteen, or somewhere around his own age.
Barry blinked. “Huh? Did I say something?” He stuttered, not wanting to give out anything from his thoughts.
The girl whipped her arm down her side, holding a dagger. She was dressed in red and brown clothes, and from the way she was dressed, he guessed she must be one of the richer families in this city. She almost looked royal in a way. Her hair was as dark as the midnight sky, and her eyes a dark red color that crept Barry out. She did have eyeballs, but they were a reddish brown, almost as red as the possessed pokemon’s.
“You’re not from here…..I can smell it,” she said snappish, her eyes narrowing.
Barry couldn’t help letting out a slight laugh. “Hah, you people here have a stronger sense of smell or something?”
The girl was suddenly up to his face in a flash, and within half a second, he was pushed against the wall, with the girl glaring at him as she pinned him against the wall with her right forearm on his chest, her dagger in the same hand. She spoke in a dangerous, angry tone with her teeth clenched. “Either you don’t know who I am, or you’re just asking for trouble. You don’t know how to respect the princess of Caravel, don’t you?”
Barry was shocked by her sudden movement to push him against the wall so fast. And her grip was hurting him like a car had crashed into him. “Uh-- what?! Princess of Caravel! I swear, I didn’t know…..I’m a foreigner!”
The girl’s gaze suddenly faltered and her eyebrows raised. “Foreigner, huh? We’ll just see about that.” She let her arm off his chest, releasing her grip. “My father will banish anyone who happens to be a spy of Team Solar or the Vargmen.”
Barry fell to his knees, suddenly feeling weak after the girl had released him. “Uh…..Team Solar? Vargmen?” He looked up at her with a wince. “Might I remind you……I come all the way from the south. Whatever’s going on here I--”
“Hah! The battle of fire and ice is more than just worldwide now. My father’s been at war against the alliances of Vargmen and Team Solar grunts. You’d have to be from another world to not have heard of that!”
Barry swallowed and held back a snicker. This girl had spirit, and if she weren’t so demanding and royal as she looked, he could probably like her a little more. He shot up, grimacing. “Well, you tell me what you want. I was just attacked by demonized pokemon back there while I was just passing through. Feel free to treat me like crud if you think I’m one of…..whoever you think I am.”
The girl winced and laughed. “Shut up. My name’s Delaine. Don’t ask me to curtsy for you, I really not that ladylike as I should be when I’m outdoors.”
“Hah! And I don’t easily back down as you may think!” Said Barry mischievously. “If I had my pokemon with me, I swear--”
“Barry?” Called Lucas’s voice. Suddenly, his friends appeared from around the corner, with the masked person and his Houndoom. They all looked smoked and shocked from the shocking and tiring battle with…..devil pokemon.
“There you are!” Dawn ran up to him and hugged him. “I thought those Riolu banished you or something! Who knows what the pokemon in this world could do? Especially when they’re possessed by devil spirits!”
Barry felt a shock run through him, but then he felt warm in her hug. He wrapped his arms around her and laughed. “Hah! Just think what some of us can do if only we were born here and grew up with pokemon like this!”
Suddenly, Kaira groaned. “Ugh! You guys!” She yelled angrily.
Barry let go of Dawn and suddenly looked to where Delaine was standing. His heart lurched, knowing that she had heard every word he had said about coming from a different world, but then he felt incredibly relieved when he saw that Delaine and the masked human had come up to talk to each other, not paying attention.
Delaine was wincing. “We should tell father.”
The masked human sighed and took off his mask, revealing a dirty face with red eyeballs and ruffled brown hair. “Dang……I probably wouldn’t have saved these trespassers….if only they weren’t attacked by demonized pokemon. It’s not fair for anyone to be attacked by something that shouldn’t exist in this world anyway.”
Barry narrowed his eyes. “So you wouldn’t have rescued us if those Riolu weren’t possessed? That ain’t fair!”
“Shut up,” said Delaine. “You guys are coming with us back to our mansion. King Malidorius should see you.”
“Don’t you guys have a castle?” Barry teased.
“Oh no, our mansion’s even better than a castle,” said the guy sarcastically. “I’m Seth, by the way. This is my girlfriend, Delaine.” He gave Delaine a quick pinch on the side.
Barry laughed. “Already met her-- wait, girlfriend?!” The two looked almost like twins, despite the different hair color and Seth’s poor outfit.
Dawn spoke. “Hey….we would love to meet the king. We were just passing through and--”
“Save your excuses for later,” said Seth, holding a hand at Dawn’s face with a sideways smile. Houndoom growled quietly.
Delaine chuckled. “For now, come along with us. Our mansion’s got more than just us and a King. We’ve got special pokemon that you can’t keep secrets from.”

Lucas clenched his fists distractedly as Seth and Delaine took him and his friends to a large mansion that was the size of the white house.
Lucas raised his eyebrows. “Hey, what were you talking about? This is a castle, not a mansion!” Maybe in the fifth dimension, they considered castles to be even more exotic than this.
Delaine gave him a sideways look. “Ha! It’s a mansion. I say that because I think it’s the smallest one in this region of Rishwa.”
“Dang,” Lucas stared at the castle in awe.
Seth nodded. “It’s a lot better in side. We’ve got a fire pit and our own volcano in the sacred flame room.”
“Wow, you guys must be powerful,” said Dawn.
Seth smiled and took Delaine’s hand. Lucas still couldn’t believe they were a couple. The two looked almost like twins, despite the dark brown hair that Seth had.
Barry let out a sigh and looked at Kaira. “Does this place ring a bell to you?”
Kaira slowly shook her head, gazing out at the castle. “No….well, in a way. The smell does seem to bring back something that feels like a memory I had forgotten.”
Delaine raised her eyes at Kaira. “Really? Hmm, you guys will have to tell us more about yourselves. But first, we’ll have to settle things with my father.”


Paul opened his eyes, his vision still spinning. He could barely see anything but blur. He heard a distant noise—a strange murmur ringing in his ears. Then after a few seconds, he realized that it wasn’t a murmur, but laughter. It was the squeaky voice of Chiba. “Nheeea…..nheaaa….hnnaa….hhaanna..haa..” Chiba’s creepy laughing suddenly became a little clearer.
“Ahahaha…..Loser……….muhahhahaa….coward……just pathetic…”
Paul’s thoughts answered back vividly. “Uhh…..what’s going on?”
“Pathetic coward! You’ve been captured by Team Solar! Maha, I ought to just forget about you now….but it’s just so fun to watch you fail…..heheee…..” Chiba’s echoing voice kept fading away then coming back, and then finally the laughing stopped altogether.
Paul’s vision suddenly became blurrier with anger and his heart suddenly pounded. “Urrr….I’ll teach you to call someone pathetic you stupid piece of….”
“Hey, you purple head! WAKE UP!”
Something suddenly banged into Paul’s head. Paul suddenly jerked awake. One of the darkly dressed people with the mask over their eyes—apparently a Team Solar grunt—was standing over Paul, with a menacing Chimecho in his hand. The pokemon was gleaming its nasty red eyes at him, and looked like an evil bell than a happy, ringing pokemon. The Chimecho swung towards Paul, and smacked him on the face this time.
“Ahh! You--” Paul squeezed his eyes shut and flashed them open again, his vision suddenly becoming fully clear. The Solar grunt was smirking down at him, showing shining white teeth in his wicked grin.
“Ehehe, so we’ve got a little toughy here, eh?” Taunted the grunt.
“Where’s my pokemon?!” Paul demanded as he shot up, glaring at the grunt face to face. “What have you done to my Honchcrow? Who ARE you people?!” Paul felt that these people were more than just human beings. The way they had attacked him the other night had been too…..disturbing. They snarled like animals. They clawed at him with claws. Their eyes had turned a bloodier red than before, looking like totally possessed creatures. This dimension was more than Paul had expected.
“Aha!” The grunt kept his grin. “Your precious little pokemon are unharmed! The Honchcrow may need a little healing, but we’ve shown the rest of your pokemon to the Geisha Prima Dona. She’s always interested in trespasser’s pokemon. As for you, if your pokemon prove worthy, she may even let you live.”
Paul shook his head in disbelief, narrowing his eyes at the grunt. “Who……”
“Aha! I see you don’t know the legendary Ice Queen of the dark hole, Prima Dona.”
A female Solar grunt approached the other guy’s side. She had luscious lavender hair under her black bandana, and gleaming red eyes under her mask. “He isn’t from here, you know.” She had her gaze fixed intently on Paul, her expression unreadable.
Paul shook his head. “No, I am from the first dimension…..I believe. I’m from a planet called earth, the world in the dimension in which the pokemon Arceus rules.”
The two grunts raised their eyebrows.
“I knew it,” said the female. She let a sideways smile. “I’m Dionza. This is Reuben,” she gave the grunt next to her a sharp shove. “We are your bodyguards, and Prima Dona’s made us swear to keep our eyes on you until she decides.”
Reuben gave a shaking laugh, looking uncertain and muttered something under his breath. Dionza gave him another shove. “You go back and assemble the leagues like you were told. There are battles out there to be fought, and King Malidorius has sent a scout along the borders of Caravel.”
Reuben met Dionza’s sharp gaze for a moment, and then whipped around, stomping away, cursing quietly.
Paul winced. “Where am I? Wasn’t I just at Caravel City?” He looked around, realizing that he was in an exotic kind of place, with a high ceiling and surrounded by statues carved of ice—statues of pokemon, some that Paul had seen, and some that he had never seen. Not only did they just look fierce, but also evil-looking. Even with the statues, Paul could see the evil in their eyes, and suddenly felt like he and Dionza were not alone in this room yet.
Dionza chuckled slyly. “I can explain a thing or two to let you know where I are.” Suddenly, Paul felt her grab his hand in her cold, icy grasp, and then in a second, she dashed over to sit on an ice cold bench nearby, with Paul at her side. Before Paul could even see how it had happened so fast, she spoke with an intent tone. “Let me tell you something, Paul.”
He looked over to meet her gleaming eyes that pierced through him even harder than an ice spear would have.
“You are not from the fifth dimension, arent you? You arent from this planet of Gaiyah. I could smell since the moment they brought your unconscious earthen body in our castle. I sensed your aura wasn’t a natural born aura from this particular world, for I am a psychic human, just like the psychic type pokemon I stole.”
Paul narrowed his eyes. He felt uncomfortable around this……particular human that probably was more devil than she looked. He couldn’t imagine how much worse Prima Dona could’ve been if she was the Queen. “Psychic type?” He questioned.
Dionza nodded. “We humans are more connected to pokemon than you think. We inherit the abilities similar to our pokemon, so that we are connected to this planet just like they are. At the beginning of time when this planet was forming, pokemon were born from the natural resources on this world, to thrive and help nourish the planet. The grass type used their powers on plants, fire with volcanoes, and so on. The pokemon were part of this world, and when they died, they’re spirit would rise to….another place, while their bodies disintegrated back into the planet Gaiyah. A lot like your planet, huh? Well, the humans are different. They were born from the planet as well, but their unnatural powers to create man-made things that can destroy the world angered Gaiyah. When humans die on this planet, their souls may leave to the same place the pokemon go, but their bodies don’t go back to the earth like the pokemon. Instead, our bodies disintegrate into the earth, and instead of resting in peace there, the planet send our bodies into nothingness, otherwise known as the black hole. It’s like a punishment for the evil things humans can do to the world….as well as the pokemon. Our leader, Empress Prima Dona, was one of the first evils to arrive in this world. After Gaiyah was split, one half—Ultramaur—created Prima Dona. When she entered the world, she changed the way people could adapt naturally to the world just like their pokemon did. She showed them better ways to power up pokemon, and use sorcery to get what we want. Sorcery is no better than your man-made problems that are destroying earth. In fact, sorcery and magic is much worse. But then again, those people who weren’t psychic—like I am—couldn’t possess magic powers like she did. So they just used man-made features and worked to design their cities and ways of life rather than use magic. Overall, humans became more a of a threat to this world and many forgot what it was like to adapt, to control their pokemon’s power whenever creating natural help for them, such as staring campfires or using their speed to hunt for food. People became to independent to use their unnatural tools, and Gaiyah was getting angry. Even though the pokemon wasn’t its natural self anymore, the planet within still possessed the good side of Gaiyah- Dalyah. It was angry with what Ultramaur for creating this dark being of Prima Dona, driving the humans to destroy the planet, so it punished the humans by letting their bodies go into nothingness when they die, instead of going back into the planet. It could’ve also changed the path that their spirits went to as well, so that even the spirits wouldn’t pass on to the place the pokemon went. But Dalyah was more of the…angelic side of Gaiyah. It wouldn’t let something like that happen. It still wanted the good humans to have their spirits leave their bodies to go where their pokemon’s spirits went, though their bodies would go a different path.”
“So…..apparently you guys are the team of grunts Prima Dona formed to help spread this act of devilry? The pokemon Ultramaur has wanted to change the path of human spirits so that they go into nothingness, and now that Dalyah’s gone, you guys are taking over to let that happen?”
Dionza chuckled. “We are Team Solar. We were born from the sorcery of Prima Dona, created by matter. No one but the pokemon Ultramaur could create a living soul from dark matter, so we are just as normal as any human being on this planet. But we look up to Prima Dona as our creator, just like Prima Dona looks up to Ultranaur as her creator. We seek what she seeks, and she seeks what Ultramuar seeks—which is to conquer the dimension in dark matter, not nothingness. We spread the bidding of using pokemon power to claim our rights, to make them more powerful than they really are—to seek power and adaptation to the world. If humans disagree, we possess their bodies with dark matter, so that they can think like us.”
Paul stared at her for a moment, listening intently. Then the thought of Chiba flashed in his mind, and a smile cracked the side of his lip. “I believe that we can use pokemon power.” He said deeply. “The thought comes naturally to me. I think pokemon are more than just souls who are part of the world, or bodies to use in battle. I believe they can do more, and with even more power, they can do as much as…..well…..do whatever they’ve done with Prima Dona.” He looked around the place in awe. He felt the stautes watching him. “Prima Dona’s got some really powerful and unusual pokemon with her, doesn’t she? I can feel it.”
Dionza smiled cleverly. “Of course. She’s used the power of her sorcery to make them powerful enough to become like her league of warriors rather than just useless battle partners. They are much more powerful than you can imagine.” Her eyes bore into Paul’s.
Paul suddenly felt a strange, chilly feeling, but he liked it. He frowned and met her gaze intently. “For years, in my own world, no one could ever understand the true and real power of pokemon. Even the strongest trainers out there—Cynthia for example—she only believed that pokemon were just pathetic friends at your side, and you just need the simple feelings of love and trust in them to win.”
Dionza chuckled. “That’s what makes the strongest trainers out there weak at heart. This is why we are here. we believe pokemon have a true power within them in our dimension, that not only are they just descendents from the planet, but that they also possess the power to control. We humans can use their power to have complete control over this world, to be powerful and unstoppable over anything. Prima Dona hopes to achieve as much as she can from pokemon and people around this world. This is why we are currently in a battle with that fool, King Malidorius. People like him refuse to let pokemon be controlled by sorcery to become stronger than they really are. So now that Dalyah’s not here to protect her wimpy little world, we have decided to wage war against those who don’t want to become like us, those who don’t want to have their pokemon control the world with more power than they could imagine.”
Paul winced. “Well, I’m more than shocked to have met a group like you, then. I’ve never met anyone else who feels this strongly about the power of pokemon. I…..I would love to meet…..this Prima Dona that everyone’s spoken of.” He heard a giggle in his head that seemed to have come from Chiba.
“Well then,” said Dionza, not taking her glinting red gaze off him. Her eyes shone through the slits in her mask. “I see you are…..not what I expected. But that’s good. I’m surprised. If you really do feel that way, then maybe Prima Dona might even let you in. I, myself, can tell you are quite the trainer. I see strength and darkness in you, that you can make a great ally for us. But…….not even I can be sure.”
Paul frowned. “There’s that prophecy, isn’t there?”
Dionza nodded. “The three beings from earth……..they are supposed to save this planet, they are supposed to somehow get rid of people like us. But…..there’s still the fourth one from earth, isnt there?” An evil smile cracked her face. “One human that wasn’t wanted in this world, one that will be banished by the element of ice. one that will betray, and one that will be against the other three.”
Paul met her gaze steadily. “I’m against anyone out there who despises the power of pokemon.”
Dionza chuckled. “Good. I hope you’re as good as I think.” She lay a cold hand over his, and they stared deeply into each other.
Paul felt himself by the overpowering feeling of success for finding such people, whether they were devils or not. And it wasn’t just from the glinting red eyes from Dionza.


King Malidorius had been quite the forceful type. He really did live up to his name as the “King of Fire.” He was tall, muscular-built, and his temper was hotter than fire itself. He had let Lucas and his friends pass without killing anyone, though he wanted to test their identities by inviting them over for dinner in his dining hall tonight, right before Seth and Delaine could lead them away with an army of people, known as the flame people.
“Flame people!” Barry laughed as soon as the four of them were out of earshot of the king. Seth and Delaine were taking them upstairs to get dressed for dinner. “Hah! What, are people here fire-blood or something? Can they breathe fire like Malidorius’s Arcanine can?”
Seth gave him a sideways smile. “Of course! Hey, if we weren’t told to make sure you guys looked nice and proper for dinner tonight, I would’ve vomited fire at you! That’s way worse than having it breathed at you.”
Lucas laughed and Delaine shook her head, meeting Lucas’s gaze with a wry smile. “You guys really aren’t from this world, arent you?”
Lucas’s smile suddenly faltered. Their secret was out, and there was nothing he could say against it.

Kaira’s heart pounded at Delaine’s comment. No! She knows now! She knows we’re humans from…earth.
That’s ‘cause Snakeboy made it so obvious that you guys weren’t just “foreigners” from across the planet. Chibu’s voice suddenly spoke in Kaira’s head. Thank him for making it even worse.
Kaira let out an irritated sigh. Delaine turned to meet her gaze. Her eyes were staring at Kaira intently. “You know, we humans are more connected to the earth, and our pokemon much more than you think. Some of us can even smell like some pokemon can. Apparently, it was so easy for me to sense that you guys are not just foreigners, but foreigners from another dimension. I could scent it when I first met Barry.” She flashed him a narrowed smile.
“Hey! That’s not fair!” Barry met her gaze playfully. “Sheesh, the things I could’ve done if only I were born on this planet! I bet Seth can run with supersonic speed?”
Seth laughed. “I wish. But no, we humans are connected to the pokemon we were born with. If Delaine wants to waste her time explaining the whole things to you people, go in her room. Imma be out with my Houndoom.” He turned with his purple pokeball in his hand, but Delaine grabbed his hood he had put on.
“Oh no, I’m not going to do all the talking for this. Apparently, I sense something more within these people.” She casted a quick narrowed glance at Kaira. “Remember the prophecy you know…..”
Seth turned to face Kaira. He was kind of…..good looking in a way, but no. He was with Delaine, as strange as that looked. But he just gave a sideways smile and shook his head. “You really think they could be that special? Kind of odd for them to show up without a sign that they were coming.”
Dawn spoke up. “Hasn’t the prophecy been going on for centuries actually? Like…..ever since Gaiyah was split?”
Seth laughed. “Yeah, more like millions of years ago. Seriously, prophecies are a pain. They can take a few days to millions of years to come true. That’s why I don’t believe this has even happened yet.”
Delaine’s room had a tall green door with picture frames of her and some fire type pokemon. Most of them were pictures of her and a Ninetales, doing pretty epic
looking battles, and going on what looked like tough journeys. One of the pictures showed Delaine riding her Ninetales, looking about seven or eight, and she had a sword in her hand as her Ninetales dodged through a ring of water, breathing out a flames of fire.
Barry whistled. "Daaang, now i totally wish i were born here."
"Heck yeah," said Lucas, raising his eyebrows at the pictures. "You get to do more than just go on gym battles with your pokemon. Look at you in battle when you're only like six!"
Seth laughed. "Actually, she's nine. She looks too young for her age." He gave Delaine a teasing nudge.
she nudged him back. "Whatever." She opened her door and stood to the side, smiling. "Now come in. I promise. there arent any pokemon or planetary things that are going to bite you or swallow you up."
Kaira clutched her blade of fire in her hand. She was wearing a thin lavender dress, for the king Malidorius always wanted his guests to be dressed royally whenever attending a royal inner with him. After Delaine had explained the whole story of the planet of Gaiyah, and how humans were connected with their pokemon, certainly by being “born from the earth with them,” she had given her a dagger that consumed of fire. Apparently, Delaine could sense that Kaira was part of their own world just like her, and that part of her blood runs in the family of a certain fifth dimension soul. Kaira had been even more conscious about this place now, knowing that she really was born from the planet. She must possess pokemon powers of some kind! Delaine told Kaira that the power to use the abilities known by pokemon must not only come from being born from the planet with them, but to also be dedicated in the power and have faith in your pokemon. Without faith and love, the powers you can use wouldn’t work. Unfortunately, Kaira’s stupid problem of fearing pokemon had kept her from finding out her natural powers all her life. Delaine had given Kaira the blade of fire, for it was supposed to make her feel warm and protected by the weapon, and to use it with the pokemon if she got caught in any battles in the future. Apparently, tomorrow they were going to set out on their journey after Chibo after tonight’s dinner with the king.
Delaine had told Kaira to keep her spirits up. “A quiet, calm girl like you would be a great human for the ghost type. Perhaps you have ghost type abilities?” She had been joking, but it was obvious that both Delaine and Seth saw Kaira as a shy, naïve person, just like other people always thought of her. But Kaira couldn’t imagine herself being born from the planet with ghost type pokemon. Those were one of her most feared kinds of pokemon besides snakes like Arbok and Seviper.
Kaira was standing at the top of the stairs, deep in thought as she held the blade of fire. battles……when we set out to continue following Chibo north, we will have Seth and Delaine with us…..as well as their whole squadron of fire warriors. There will be obstacles, such as dangerous pokemon and…..Team Solar grunts. Kaira closed her eyes. Team Solar. The name sounded so….familiar. But she shuddered at the thought of encountering them. They had pokemon……most of them far more powerful than pokemon on earth could ever be. They were mere savages, created by the inhumane Prima Dona. Because they were born from matter from space rather than from the planet within, they came with natural powers that had to do with dark matter and demons since they were summoned by Prima Dona. Their connection to pokemon was powerful, and their auras can choose the pokemon types to connect with since they weren’t naturally born with any. Kaira didn’t want to see Prima Dona, or any of the crazy grunts that wandered around out there. She grasped her fire blade tightly, feeling the warmth and heat calm her down. She could almost fall asleep where she was, standing up………
“Hey, Kaira?” Barry was suddenly at her side.
She shot her eyes wide open and then faced Barry’s gaze. Her expression calmed when she realized how pale he was looking, and that his eyes didn’t have their usual cheerful glint in them. He wore a nice navy blue shirt over smooth black pants. The fabric of the clothes looked royal and he almost looked like a prince. “Oh, hey. I’m just….thinking about what Delaine told us. I…..I can’t believe I’m actually born on this world. Why didn’t Chibu tell me?”
Barry shrugged. “Did you try asking it?”
Kaira huffed. “I can’t contact it write now.”
Barry chuckled. “It’s like a lost satellite connection in your head. I didn’t think telepathy would be that way.”
Kaira smiled with amusement, gazing into his eyes. “I didn’t think I was actually born on this world,” she replied quickly, before she could find herself gazing into his eyes and forgetting about everything else on her mind. “But I guess that explains all this déjà vu. Chibu did tell me that my spirit would come back to this world and all, but I didn’t actually think I was like one of the humans here, that I was actually born from within, along with a certain pokemon type where I would live to become like those pokemon, and help control its powers against the planet.”
“What did you think you were?”
Kaira shrugged and looked away. “I don’t know. I could never imagine myself……being born with pokemon. But in fact, the pokemon on this planet were created by both the pokemon Gaiyah, and the planet Gaiyah, so that they can help use their powers of fire, water, grass, electric, etc., to help the planet stay alive and thrive. We humans were created to control the power of the pokemon. We were born along with them, so that we can possess a little bit of their power, though not enough as they could use. But that was why we were given the gift of control. We were smart enough to learn how to take control, so that we can help keep the planet in balance by controlling the pokemon we were born with. Unfortunately, people like Prima Dona have abused that gift, and don’t treat pokemon with the love and care they need. Instead, they see their power as something that can be used to help them…..achieve more power…the power to control the planet and get anything they want…..”
Barry laughed. “Wow, you’ve spoken like a true natural-born from this planet.”
Kaira blinked, and met his gaze. “What? Oh, I’m just reciting Delaine’s words. Haha, I guess I got too carried away……the description of the world is all so vague and familiar, and it’s all just came back to me just a few moments ago.”
Barry suddenly grabbed his forearm, and then forced a smile on his face. “Hehe, yeah…..Delaine sure has a voice for speaking too…….” His expression looked like he was trying to hide something.
Kaira winced and looked at his forearm. His hand was grasping it tightly, though his long sleeve covered over it. “What the heck-- what’s the matter with your arm?” She demanded. “I’ve seen you hold it like that all day! Why havent you told anyone about it?”
“Huh? What are you talking about?” He said suddenly. “There’s nothing wrong with my arm! This shirt-- it’s just itchy! It’s nice looking, but itchy!”
Kaira felt betrayed. She narrowed her eyes. “Why can’t you just tell me…..you’re hiding something.”
Barry lifted his expression and tried to look happy. “I like your dress, too. It’s good looking, but I bet that’s just as itchy, huh?”
Despite the poor attempt to convince her that he wasn’t lying, Kaira’s gaze suddenly lightened up. “Really?” She couldn’t help her distraction. Barry had commented her on her outfit! How sweet! “It’s not that itchy……Delaine gave the more expensive and nicer looking one to Dawn, but this isn’t so bad. It feels fine, actually.”
Barry nodded, slowly letting go of his arm with a forced expression. “That’s good. I bet Dawn can itch herself all through the night!”
“Hey, Barry!” Delaine’s loud voice sounded from downstairs. “You better come to dinner now! Hurry up, you guys, before he starts suspecting you for anything!”
Barry turned and looked down. “Hey, Seth! You guys have an elevator around here? I know it’s only a normal set of stairs, but there’s like ten of them to go downstairs to the dining room! You guys ought to have some kind of shortcut around this place!”
Kaira didn’t pay attention to Seth’s response. She was lost in thought of why Barry was trying so hard to keep his wound a secret on his forearm. But at the same time, she was dreamily thinking about how he had complimented her on her dress.
“Fine then!” Barry called down, making a face at Seth. “Jerk,” he muttered. He turned to Kaira. “What? What are you staring at?”
Kaira suddenly snapped into focus, realizing she had been gazing at him with wide, unblinking eyes. “Oh, nothing,” she replied quickly. She narrowed her eyes. “Just wondering why you have to keep a secret from me.”
Barry winced. “Why would I keep a secret from you?” His tone was strangely quiet and sounded fake. Clearly, he was lying to her.
“Barry, hurry up!” Seth’s voice yelled. “I’m gonna tell Malidorius you’re snooping in our rooms!”
Barry whipped over to face the stairs. “Oh no you don’t!” He rushed down the stairs noisily.
Kaira stared down after him. Her eyes were clouded with their usual emotion, though this time, her heart was filled with an even stronger feeling. She squeezed her eyes shut. Why couldn’t he see……how much I feel about him? He was the only person she was open with. He was the only one she shared her thoughts and feelings with. Why couldn’t he see that he was more than just a friend to her? Kaira flashed her eyes open, biting her lip with a look of anger in her eyes. Dawn….. she thought furiously. He’s probably too focused on having a thing with HER. He’s too busy trying to see his relationship with her, so he doesn’t notice my feelings for him. It’s all because of HER.
Chibu’s voice suddenly responded to her thoughts. “Oh, come off it, please! It sounded annoyed. Barry cares for you just as much as he cares for Dawn.”
Kaira narrowed her eyes. “Yeah…..cares for me as a friend. Just a friend and nothing else. And don’t tell me anything against that! You saw the way he lied through his teeth at my face!”
“Kaira…..I may not be able to watch over Snakeboy or read his mind, but I can tell you one thing. He’s not distracted with Dawn at the moment. I can feel it. He’s distracted by……something else. “
Kaira huffed out loud. “Oh yeah, and you don’t know what that something else is? You’re just trying to convince me. I can help this planet and find out who I am, AND have Barry understand my feelings all at the same time.”
“Kaira……trust me. I can feel something around you when you’re with him. I know what’s on his forearm he’s been trying to hide. There is a mark-- a mark from Prima Dona. It’s probably taking over him somehow. I can sense that mark from here, but that’s the only thing I can sense.”
Kaira raised her eyebrows. Prima Dona had given him a mark on his arm? Why would he keep it so secret? Then Kaira narrowed her eyes again. She made her way down the stairs. “But that still doesn’t explain why he’s never noticed how I feel for him. That doesn’t still explain his relationship with Dawn.”

Barry woke up the next morning, his head dizzy from his dreams. He had had terrible nightmares of Prima Dona punishing him for not keeping his secret of being a human, and that she swore he must destroy Seth and Delaine for even knowing about who they really were.
Barry squeezed his eyes shut and then stared out the window. Despite the gloomy morning, the temperature outside was probably like an oven. The weather was always strange in the fifth dimension, especially in a place like Caravel.
The other night, he had tried to keep his spirits up during dinnertime, chatting about the places up in the south where they had pretended to come from. Of course, only Seth and Delaine knew who he and his friends really were, and that they were human inhabitants of the first dimension- from earth. But they told know such thing to the king Malidorius or his attendants that served him at the table.
But Barry hadn’t been too sure about the pokemon. The place had lots of well-trained pokemon, all fire type, and all as royal as Egyptian statues, and they all seemed to give them haughty, narrowed looks as if they knew they had a secret.
Kaira had also been very quiet at the table also. She was always quiet and responded strangely to other people she didn’t know, and Barry hoped she didn’t let Malidorius suspect her. the king had been pretty jolly and boisterous with them. he was loud and funny, though at the same time, very demanding and conceited. Barry kind of liked him, and found him entertaining as a king. Malidorius had fallen in love with Chimchar, and treated him like a valuable little toy that he didn’t want to leave him. chimchar had also gotten along with the other fire types pretty well, especially Seth’s Infernape.
But now Barry knew what they were going to do this morning. Malidorius had decided to send a troop of 200 warriors to escort Barry, Kaira, Lucas, and Dawn up north and out of their city. Lucas and Dawn did explain their following of Chibo, for they said they were just curious on where the long-lost time-traveler of Dalyah was going. Malidorius decided to have a troop of warriors escort them out of town, and until they reached the borders of their region, they would let Barry and the others continue their journey on their own. Malidorius was planning to lead a troop over to the western towns and attack one of Team Solar’s lairs and save the stolen pokemon.
Delaine walked in the room with were Ninetales following her. “Huh! I don’t see why my father has to come! He really should stay and watch over his own city, not leave it in the hands of his stupid brother!”
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Ha! Don’t tell me he really meant it? Kean’s gonna take over for a while?”
Delaine gave him a sideways look. “Yep. For a while. My father really wants to get himself into battle now. He says he’s really tired of Team Solar hiding in all these different areas around the world, terrorizing all these parts with their stupid dark matter and pokemon stealing. Once we lead you guys to the edge of the region to the last city of Unita, that’s when we shall part ways and lead the troop west, while you guys go on continuing north to follow Chibo.”
Barry sighed. “Man, I wish you guys can come. You’ve got awesome fire types to resist the cold out there in the north! And come on! Don’t you want to see what happens with Chibo?” He lowered his voice and added excitedly, “And see what comes of us three prophesized beings?”
Delaine laughed. “You know, I’d really love to. But we’ve got to meet Team Solar at the west side of this entire region. This is the region of fire, and Team Solar’s disturbed the legendary that’s made this region what it is. The legendary fire type, Heatran, has been disturbed, and we must rescue it from the hands of Team Solar…,,,whatever the heck they may be doing to it.”
Barry suddenly gasped. “You told us that last night! But I didn’t get a chance to ask a question! You guys really have a Heatran in this dimension also?”
Delaine laughed. “Hah! Of course. It’s pretty much the bringer of this fiery region and warm climate, and all the fire pokemon who inhabit it! we can’t let some inhuman creatures like Team Solar to demonize it with dark matter. It’s fifty times stronger than the one in the first dimension!”
“Oh yeah?” Barry challenged playfully. “Well, maybe I’d like to see this Heatran for myself! the Heatran back in our world is no more than a fire and steel spider that can wipe off a whole city.”
Delaine shrugged and pulled out her armor from her closet, and harnessing her Ninetales. “Whatever. Just remember. Our fire troop shall come with you guys to follow the Chibo up north until it gets to the end of Unita Town. Then that’s when we split up and go our own way to save the pokemon of our own region. You guys can go on saving the pokemon of the entire DIMENSION.”
Barry laughed. “Why not just let us do the work? If we save the dimension, we’ll be saving your region at the same time.”
Delaine shrugged and gave him a sassy look. “It’s possible you guys might not even succeed. One of you is supposedly supposed to be the extra unwanted human who will be kicked out of the prophecy.” She hopped on the back of her Ninetales. “Come on. Dad’s already assembled the troops. We’re leaving this place right now.”
As her Ninetales gave Barry a glinting look, it turned and carried Delaine out of the room.
Barry watched with a distant stare. He looked at his scar underneath his long-sleeve shirt he still had to wear. He sighed. “What if I’m the one?” He thought. “What if I’m the one to betray everyone?” He sighed and closed his eyes as visions of the dangerously beautiful Prima Dona started flashing in his mind.
Malidorius led the troop of 200 warriors out of the city. The warriors all stood at the side of one fire type pokemon at their side, and most of the fire types were Rapidash dressed as a knight’s pokemon with metal saddles. Everyone wore battle gear, though not as heavy as if going out to war. Everyone just had a sword in their hands, or one of those fire blazers like the one Kaira had been given.
Barry himself still wore his orange and white long sleeve shirt over his own jeans, but he also had to carry his own sword as well.
“Aw, come on. Can’t I get a lightsaver like Kaira?” He still pleaded Seth and Delaine as he traveled with them at the front, just behind Malidorius and his Arcanine.
Delaine ignored him and pretended to listen to Dawn’s conversation with Lucas, and Seth turned to give him a naughty smile. “No way! you’ll break it.”
“Shut up, I’ll treat it the same way you would,” Barry shot back playfully.
Chimchar was at Barry’s heels, keeping up excitedly and jumping up and down with agreement. “ChimCHAR!”
Delaine turned to cast a glance at Barry. “I hope you guys are used to hiking. We will be encountering some pretty rough hills to get over once we get pass this flat terrain.”
Dawn looked around with wonder. “The environment is so……wondrous. It’s empty, but it’s bright and pretty interesting.”
“It’s nothing but dry sand everywhere,” remarked Seth with a slight scorn. “And at the same time, the world is pretty much freezing over stupid dark matter.”
Lucas raised his eyebrows. “Freezing?”
Seth met his gaze. “When the dark spirit takes over your body, it’s just like it comes in and kicks out the real spirit inside of you and takes over. But it doesn’t really kick your spirit out, it pretty much freezes it and takes over. I heard it actually feels like your heart is turning to ice when a dark spirit enters you and takes over.”
Delaine laughed. “You would know.”
“Nah, I wouldn’t. my heart is as hot as the core of the planet.”
“Huh! So this planet’s actually got a core just like earth?” Barry joined Lucas’s side.
Seth gave him a wry smile. “Yeah. except our’s is probably more alive and stronger. It’s so alive it’s got its own pokemon born from it within.”
Dawn looked at him with wonder. “When a pokemon is born from within….does it technically rise out from under the ground? Or is it just like having a pokemon give birth to an egg?”
“Well, no pokemon exactly ‘rises from the planet.’” Delaine explained. “All pokemon are born normally, from eggs or inside the mother. But it’s just that at the beginning of this planet’s creation, the first pokemon and humans came from the core, all born from the fire and adapting to their surroundings in which they were born in. all the same, as those pokemon and humans passed on to new generations, we are all technically part of the planet since our first ancestors were born from the planet, so we too, will go back to the planet within when we die.”
“You guys won’t,” added Seth mischievously, facing Barry.
“Hah! We’ve got a better place to go! Our world is much more complex to die in than this,” said Barry. “I mean…..here, the humans go into nothingness, remember? You were punished for the long ago evil that you’ve done against pokemon, so the pworld doesn’t except your dead bodies. Your planet hates you!”
Suddenly, Seth’s humored expression turned into a narrowed glare, and his skin turned bright red. His brown hair rose up as if he were zapped, and flames started to burn with his flowing hair. He clutched his sword tightly until it turned to a blazing color of shiny red metal, and he stopped walking and faced Barry with a deadly look in his eyes.
Houndoom, who had been following him from behind, suddenly barked and howled in confusion, growling and fidgeting as it sided with its trainer and glared at Barry with the same look in its eyes.
Barry froze. “Huh? What’s happened? Was it something I said?”
“Barry!” Dawn gasped.
Delaine uttered a strange word under her breath that Barry couldn’t clearly make out. She and Ninetales hurried over to Seth’s side and Delaine raised her arms towards her boyfriend, and grayish smoke suddenly whirled around the fiery trainer.
“Ahh!” Seth spun and fell to his side, his Houndoom growling and nudging him back up. Seth brushed himself and frowned at Barry. “Idiot! Don’t ever speak to me like that again! damn!”
“Wha--” Barry felt confused. “What did I do?”
“You kinda told him the planet hates him…..” Lucas had an amused look on his face.
Delaine huffed and met Barry’s gaze with an intent look in her eyes. “Yeah! That’s very offensive to say to ANYONE in this whole world. Seth, for one, just gets a little fumed literally. He can’t help it!”
“Well, sorry,” Barry raised his eyebrows and continued walking, looking back to make sure none of the warriors behind them were talking about what had just happened. “I was just kidding, gee, he knew that.”
Seth’s sword banged loudly as he drew it back in. He faced Barry with a forced smile, biting his lip. “Hey, it’s cool man. I tend to fire up with anger whenever I hear words like that. See, Team Solar always says things like that to us, and especially us since we are fire type people, and we are the closest beings that came from the very fire core. They’ve always taunted us at how none of us, no matter how close we are to pokemon, we will never descend with their bodies back to the planet. It’s always pissed me off, and I’ve always gotten so fumed and fired up around them that it just comes natural to me when I hear those words.”
Barry shrugged and just laughed. “I probably would’ve been the same.”
“And at least your spirits within can be with the pokemon’s spirits to a happier place,” said Dawn.
Barry arched his neck over to see Kaira on the far side of Delaine, walking with her head straight, her eyes looking forward and unblinking. As always, she never engaged in conversations with the people around her, and her eyes her their usual, pale daze, focused on something far away and looking emotional.
Barry sighed and made his way up to her side as the others continued to talk with Delaine and Seth. Chimchar followed along with Barry and hopped on his shoulder as Barry caught up with Kaira. “Hey,” he said in a friendly tone. He tried not to wince as the pain in his arm pierced through him again. why did it always have to do that around Kaira’s presence?
Kaira blinked once and then met his gaze without changing her dull expression. “Hey….”
Barry couldn’t help smiling with amusement. He realized how pretty she could still be even though her face was pale and flushed with deep, faraway feelings. “You’re awfully quiet. Come on! These are people from your real world—people you were kinda born with in a way. you should at least try befriending SOMEONE here.”
Kaira shrugged and looked at her feet, her fire blaze hanging in one hand. “Why? It’s not like I HAVE to stay here, do I?” Her voice was slightly snappy, and she looked distracted and upset.
“Well…..you never really know,” Barry wondered if Kaira could have a reason why she could’ve been on earth in the first place….and not remember a thing. Obviously, something must’ve happened to her that caused her appearance in the first dimension. Something really WAS different about her—she could be more important than he thought.
“Yeah, of course I wouldn’t know,” she replied. “That’s why I’m so psyched about what we’ll find once we reach the far north with Chibo. Once that pokemon can travel through the space gap between the dimensions again, I might be able to find out who I really am. And Chibu warns me I might like it, and I might not….”
“Have you been speaking to that pokemon lately?”
Kaira nodded. “Anytime I can, I speak to it.” She spoke softly as she looked up at the gray sky. “It understands my feelings and….it really could be a great help for me. I really trust it. I’ve…..I’ve never felt that way about pokemon before.”
Barry stared at her expression. He thought he saw a slight glint of thankfulness in her eyes, and he wanted her to look at him. He rarely saw that happy look in her pale green eyes. “Hehe, well--”
“LOOK OUT!!! BARRY! KAIRA!” Delaine’s voice screamed as Barry suddenly whipped around to look behind him, jumping with surprise as a dagger almost half Barry’s size plunged at the ground behind him, barely missing him by a few inches.
Kaira gasped and Barry stiffened as she stumbled at the collision and immediately grabbed his left arm.
“Where’s that come from?!” She cried.
King Malidorius was suddenly running at full speed with his Arcanine, rounding Barry and Kaira. The warriors behind them all started to shout and scatter, and blasts of guns were heard. Pokemon were roaring, and Rapidash neighed with challenge.
“SHOW YOURSELVES, COWARDS!” King Malidorius was yelling over the loud cries of war.
Barry looked around urgently, his eyes wide. “What’s going on? Are we attacking?!”
“TEAM SOLAR!” Malidorius was yelling at the top of his lungs, his mighty voice like a Loudred. “SHOW YOURSELVES! OR WE SHALL TAINT THE SKY!”
A Fearow shot through the sky, circling where King Malidorius and his Arcanine stood behind Barry and Kaira. The Fearow was possessed—Barry could tell by the scary red look in its eyes, and the way its feathers spiked with strange red marks. It cawed an eerie screech, tearing the sky with wide, powerfully arched wings.
suddenly, a lithe human shape appeared from the Fearow's back and jumped off, landing on the ground with a crouch. Barry was amazed at how quickly and gracefully the human had landed on the ground from almost twelve feet high. It stood up and spoke in a deep voice.
"Aha! Malidorius, I see that you've got your own squad of noobie warriors out, huh?" The guy wore a dark suit with a black mask over his eyes. there were small slits in the blindfolded mask, revealing a pair of glinting red eyes.
"Team Solar..." Barry gasped. It was the first name to pop in his head. He narrowed his eyes as Kaira's grasp on his arm loosened and made his mark start to throb with stinging pain.
"You have no right to trespass the oasis trail!" Malidorius yelled, drawing out his sword. "Get you and your filthy grunts off the borders of my property! You arent welcome anywhere in the world!"
Dawn was looking around. "Others? Where are they?"
Suddenly, a flock of Honchcrow, Pidgeot, and other flying type pokemon landed behind the Solar grunt, gathering together as more Solar grunts in the same dark outfits jumped off the haughty looking pokemon.
The Solar grunt up front chuckled. "You can't tell us what to do. We were just off to pay a visit to your little town. Appears that you are already over here at the moment. Well then......please get outta our way. Fearow....Wing Attack."
Barry expected a powerful force of wind to come from the large bird, but instead, this Fearow did something different. It slowly heaved up into the air and raised its wings, and bright yellow light emerged from them. Barry narrowed his eyes at the blinding light.
"Uh-- what the?" Barry suddenly felt the ground give a jolt, and Malidorius grabbed him by the scruff, pulling him atop his Arcanine with him. Kaira whipped around as Barry disappeared from behind her, and then gasped as a blast of fire erupted right in front of her, just a mere few inches from her.
"No you dont!" Delaine screamed, drawing out her fire blazer, shooting a ball of flames from the blazer. But the erupted fire suddenly spiraled into the sky above the Fearow and caught the flame ball with it, and exploded.
Barry fell off the Arcanine, feeling the heated, stingy air blow him back, and he landed on the hot ground next to Seth and Kaira.
"What's happening?" Yelled Barry over all the yelling. Around them, the warriors had started charging and pokemon were running around, attacking each other, colliding fire types with demonized pokemon. A Magmar leaped over them and jumped on an eerie Murkrow, tumbling away in the midst of the crowd.
Seth coughed. "Fire Storm! Stupid Fearow has drawn the force from the ground within! It'll be just like a sandsotrm, only instead of sand, its flames blowing through the air!"
"Flames in the air?!" Screamed Kaira, ducking as a figure jumped over her head.
"We should've brought some water types, sheesh!" Barry yelled.
"Just make sure it doesnt catch your hair!" Seth got up and charged into battle, attacking a Solar grunt that rode a tough looking Luxio with gleaming red eyes.
"Seth!" Kaira shouted. She stood up with her shoulder hunched as the fierce wind started blowing around them, whipping small flames of fire through the air all around.
Barry narrowed his eyes and shot up, trying to see through the sandy wind and flying fire. "Hey! HELLOOOOO?! WE DONT KNOW HOW TO FIGHT HERE!"
"Barry! Over here!" Delaine's voice sounded from a clattering of swords and crying Rapidash just a distance behind Barry.
He turned but couldnt see who he was looking at as he faced a group of tussling pokemon and people. "Delaine?!" He yelled, carefully making his way through the fighting crowds and fierce fire storm.
"Chi- HAAAA!" Chimchar's familiar cry sounded to the left.
"Chimchar!" Barry hurried over as he saw the small fiery shape dash behind a rock that jutted out. Barry followed Chimchar towards where the fire storm was starting to clear a little, and less yelling and fighting sounded. But he heard some shouting and a strange moaning pokemon cry.
"Ahh! Let me go! You filthy monster, let me go!" Barry suddenly recognized the voice as Dawn's.
"Dawn!" He hurried around a set of tall rocks and boulders, finding Dawn in the grasp of a taller dark figure with not only a blindfold over his eyes, but also a dark cloth wrapped around the mouth over his nose. The figure was grabbing Dawn around the waist as she faced with her back against his front, trying to escape the grip.
"Argh! You let me go this instead, you inhuman fiend!"
"Hey, let her go!" Barry ran up to them and drew out his sword-- surprised he still managed to keep hold of it. He wished he had had more fighting experience. This battle would've been less terrifying and more exhilirating! And his pokemon shoulve been here too!
As Barry neared the dark figure from the side, the grunt turned its head towards him and flashed him a fierce glare. Barry noticed that unlike the other Solar Grunts, this one had no gleaming red eyes.
Suddenly, Chimchar appeared from behind one of the taller rocks on the other side, and landed on the Solar grunt's back shoulders, biting into his neck with voracious angry eyes.
"Urrghhh!" The grunt yelled in a muffled voice under the dark cloth that wrapped around his mouth. He let Dawn go and fell on his back as Chimchar nailed him down with one yank as it jumped off his shoulders. As the grunt lay on the ground, Chimchar peered over its face above its head, glaring into the slits of the grunt's eyes.
"Dawn! Hey!" Barry hurried over to her side and helped her up. She had fallen on her knees, and her white leggings she had worn from the castle were torn, showing a slight bleeding from her knees. "You alright?"
Dawn had a look of horror in her eyes. She turned to look at the Solar grunt behind them, who had gotten up and was brushing himself.
"That.......that grunt...." she breathed.
Barry whipped around with a challenging look in his face. "That grunt that looked like he was about to do something a little more than just kill you?" He pointed his fire blazer at him. Chimchar was jumping up angrily at the grunt's feet.
"Wait!" Dawn laid a hand on Barry's blazer. Her eyes were shocked and focused on the grunt. "I....know you. We both do!"
The grunt narrowed his eyes through the small slits of the blindfold and growled in disappointment. It ripped off both cloths off his face.......and revealed a familiar, glaring face.
Barry dropped his blazer and nearly lost his breath.
"Paul!" Barry and Dawn both yelled in shock at the same time.
"Oh my gosh.......PAUL! How did.....how COULD you?!" Her horrified tone suddenly changed into an angry snap. She was staring at Paul with her eyes narrowed in disbelief.
Paul stood still, staring at both of thm with a look of pure hatred in his eyes. His expresion suddenly lit up and he smriked. "I'm surprised to see YOU here." He spoke with a deep intent tone to his voice. "When I heard of the three earth beings finally showing up around these parts of the planet, I never thought for one slight moment that the three would include YOU guys."
Barry was staring at him with wide-eyed shock. "The-- the three? You've heard of them too?!"
Paul chuckled. "Course I have. I've only been told that there were three out there from earth-- out there, right at this moment. But I never knew you two could be the ones! What? Where's the third? Don't tell me Lucas is out there too!"
"Paul...." Dawn was slowly walking up to him with a look of sadness in her eyes now. She stood up in front of him, looking into his eyes. Barry watched his expression falter and his eyes start to slightly calm with curiosity as Dawn methis gaze. "You've been captured under the power of Team Solar. No....this can't be! What have they done to you? What have you been through?!"
Paul said nothing as he stared back at Dawn. Barry came up to her side.
"I'll tell you what they've done!" Said Barry. "They've used his stupid desire and belief of pokemon power to turn him against us! They know how ambitious he is with pokemon! They've used his aggressive personality to make him one of them!" Suddenly, Barry grunted and winced at the pain that suddenly sliced through his mark on his forearm. But he kept his glare and kept going on. "And look! They didnt even have to possess him with a devil spirit! His eyes dont show it. He's already evil enough to be like them! Paul! I trusted you--- AHHH!" Barry suddenly squeezed his eyes shut and threw himself back, falling over to his side, grabbing his forearm with pain, feeling the punishing sting get worse.
Dawn gasped. "Barry!"
Paul chuckled slyly and grabbed Dawn's shoulders, making her lok up at him with surprise. "Dawn, I'm no devil spirit to have become part of Team Solar. That would just make me a fake. No, instead, I am myself, and they've accepted me for who I am." He paused and then added quietly, "Prima Dona admires the way I am."
Barry suddenly shot his eyes open, forgetting all about the pain. Images of the stunningly beautiful sorceress flashed through his head and he shot up, muttering her name. He could barely see anything in front of him but a blur, as if the images in his head were overpowering his real vision. Suddenly, a tall, lithe figure with long flowing hair appeared in front of him with what looked like a piercing ice sword in her hands.
“Barry! Watch out!” Dawn’s cry interrupted his thoughts and he suddenly blinked his eyes into focus, staring straight at the face of a female Solar grunt with a blindfold mask over her eyes. Her eyes were red and piercing through the slits, and she raised her sword, barely missing a stab in his heart as he jumped away with a startled yell.
“CHimchaaa!” Chimchar suddenly flashed an Ember attack on Paul and he let Dawn go with an angry yell, and Dawn grabbed Barry’s hand—the left one that still felt numb with pain from the stinging mark.
“Come on!” She cried, pulling him with her as they raced pass Paul with Chimchar ahead of them.
Barry heard Paul’s faint yell as they made their way around the rocks and clefts as quick as they can. The place was narrowing into a canyon-like area with tall cliffs at their sides, and rocks jutting out in groups here and there. It was totally empty and faint with silence. Only their rapid footsteps were heard.
Barry winced with pain as Dawn’s grip on his left hand grew tighter, until he whipped his arm from her grip. She was too shocked and focused to notice his sudden jerk, but finally, they stopped by a cave they found behind a tall rock that stuck out from under the ground.
Dawn panted and fell to her knees again, staring out in surprise. Chimchar joined her side and cuddled next to her with a look of sadness in its eyes, as if feeling her pain.
Barry, on the other hand, was starting to feel worse and worse about his own secretive wound. But he forced himself to sit by Dawn’s side, and stop grasping his forearm. “Dawn…..? Hey, come on, at least he isn’t entirely taken over. He’s still got…..his own aura. They haven’t possessed him yet, and there might still be a chance we can help him!” Barry had always looked up to Paul as a prized trainer to count on, and he felt just as devastated to see the one he had always looked up to suddenly become…..one of the dark ones.
Dawn shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut. “No! I can’t believe it! He’s become one of them! That lady—the female grunt that appeared and almost chopped your head off—she was the first one to attack me. I had no pokemon with me, and I had no experience to fight. So I threw her off with my fire blazer too violently, stabbing it…..thorugh her heart.”
Barry widened his eyes. “Whoa there! That’s pretty impressive, you should be proud of yourself!”
Dawn huffed and continued. “She suddenly screamed and just….disappeared. She just quickly disappeared into darkness that just faded away as quick as a Ninjask. Then…..Paul appeared and caught me. He……he said nothing as he grasped me and watched me struggle and scream.”
Barry frowned. “Well…..he probably was thinking whether to kill you or not. You are one of his closest……..rivals.” He couldn’t really say “friends,” for Paul really had no real friends of his own unfortunately.
Dawn’s eyes were fighting back tears and she was staring ahead with a frown, trying to stop herself from crying. “Ugh! He’s not himself! I just know it, okay? He may not be possessed yet, but trust me. He’s not his real self. They’ve done something to him that’s changed him SOMEHOW.” She turned to Barry with a determined look in her watery eyes. “I just know it. I felt it when he grabbed me…..and held me so close against him as if…….he was trying not to let me go.”
“Well, of course he wasn’t going to let you go, he knows his job as a grunt is to kill you.”
“But….it felt almost a little more than that. if he wanted to kill me, he would’ve just jumped down and stabbed me right there. Instead, he grabbed me and let me struggle in his grip.”
“Well, like I said, they haven’t possessed him yet. he’s not entirely…..demonized.”
Dawn sighed and stood up, looking out to the darkening sky. it was sunset already. “Well…..now we know the four earth-beings on this planet.”
Barry raised his eyebrows with interest and stood up at her side.
“You, me, Lucas, Paul,” spoke Dawn. “One of us…..one of us is the unwanted being. One of us is said to betray the others and suffer from the element of ice.”
Barry felt a stirring well up inside of him. He felt his mark start to tingle, and he said nothing.
Dawn turned to look at him. “Remember what Kaira said? She told us that Chibu warns us of the fourth element—ice. Only the other three elements shall bless and curse each of us, while the other one—ice—shall do neither, but rid the unwanted fourth human.”
Barry swallowed and didn’t meet her gaze.
“I think….do you think it could be Paul?” Dawn spoke softly. “Barry? I worry about him, you know…..” She looked down at her feet.
Barry felt a bunch of images fly through his head again. Paul as a Solar grunt, Prima Dona summoning the powerful element of ice…..and himself flying through ice type pokemon like a warrior. He heard a voice in his head that sounded like Prima Dona’s…..but he couldn’t make it out.
“Barry?” Dawn suddenly nudged him slightly. “Are you okay?”
Barry blinked rapidly and met her gaze. “Ugh….what? oh yeah, I’m fine. I’m….I’m really tired. I feel the same way about Paul. We…..we should really help him before he turns out to be….the unwanted one.”
Dawn met his gaze and gave a small smile. She held his hand—his right one this time—and lay her head on his shoulder. “I’m really worried now. we really should get back to the others tomorrow morning….and maybe we should ask Kaira a thing or two?” Her voice suddenly sounded a little sour. “Do you think she’ll even care that Paul’s become….what he’s become?”
Kaira. Images of her flashed through his mind. Barry narrowed his eyes. “Ehh, don’t worry about her. trust me. She’s more caring than you think. She’ll be just as surprised to find out that Paul’s here too.”
“Huh! There better not be anyone else.”
“Oh no, there won’t be any other earth beings,” said Barry. “Unless Kaira tells us, then there’s no more than four from our dimension. She’s the one who can speak to Chibu. Chibu can read the spirits within this planet, and I’m sure it will let us know if there’s anyone else out there.”
Night was already drawing, and Dawn, Barry, and Chimchar decided to rest in the cave. Dawn was asleep with Chimchar in her arms, and she lay by Barry’s side next to a rock.
Barry felt strangely safe by her side, though he didn’t want to sleep, afraid that he would just wake up with the same usual routine, his head always in a dizzy spazz. But to have Dawn next to him, he felt like he could sleep soundly with her and never witness another nightmare again. He felt like taking her in his arms and never letting her go again……just like Paul had done.
Barry sighed. Dawn had feelings for Paul…..it was kind of obvious. But could she have possible feelings for himself? Sometimes, he felt the lightheaded intensity of her presence around, and he always hid it with his usual, annoyingly talkative behavior towards her. But sometimes, even Dawn showed the romantic side of herself, and that she seemed to have trusted him deeply. Barry even thought about how Lucas must feel about her. Lucas had known her exactly as long as Barry himself had known her.
He looked up at the stars. They formed their strange, inquisitive pattern, lining up the sky brightly and dazzlingly, as if they were almost dancing. The thought of Kaira suddenly came to him. He really liked her as a friend, and he knew she was more than just a lonely, unsocial girl who didn’t know how to express herself to people. He wondered what would come of her when she discovered her true self, and who she was in this strange world.
Suddenly, a blue light flashed through the sky just in front of their cave. Barry gasped and sat up immediately. Chibo! The pokemon had been spotted!
Without thinking, or even waking up Dawn, he found himself dashing out of the cave and running after the blue light that lead towards a group of tall, pointy rocks.
“Chibo! It’s you!” He hissed, not wanting to scare it away with his excitement.
He stopped in front of the pointy rocks, looking around for the pokemon. A blue glow lighted up from the top of the rock in front of him.
Barry raised his eyebrows with triumph. “I’ve gotcha now,” he said in his thoughts, creeping up slowly at the bluish football shaped pokemon that settled with its back turned towards him. he couldn’t wait to surprise Dawn if he caught this pokemon right now. if he caught it, perhaps they could befriend it easier, and stop trying to follow it with constant difficulty.
As Barry was just a grab away from the Chibo, the pokemon suddenly whipped around, facing Barry with an evil, devilish smile on its face.
“Chi-iiiii-iiiii!” It almost seemed to cackle in its cute, squeaky little voice, and it was then that Barry realized it had not halo glowing over it…..and it had tiny dark blue horns growing from the corners of its head.
“Huh?!” Barry gasped aloud. “You’re not Chibo!”
“CHiiiiiii!!!!!!” The little pokemon cried a wicked cry and laughed evilly. It cast a blue blast of energy towards Barry, and he was gone.

Lucas panted as the heat of the battle cleared. The fighting was gradually slowing down, and it seemed as if most of the Solar grunts were disbanding. Malidorius suddenly crashed in front of him, riding an armored-dressed Aerodactyl.
“What’s wrong, boy?” He yelled in his demanding voice. His face was bright red with exhilaration and fury from the battle.
The smoke was burning Lucas's nostrils. He could barely breathe. Without a single breath, he collapsed onto the ground, and the last thing he saw was Kaira's figure run pass him, stopping to glance at him with shock as he felt the fires around him swallow him up into the earth.
Paul sharpened his blade at the edge of a stream. The cries of battle seemed to die down, and he guessed it must have ended. Whether Team Solar had defeated them or not, he didnt care. The only thing on his mind right now-- was Dawn. He had his chance to end everything between them. He had the chance to.....literally kill her-- send her into nothingness. The blade he held in his sore hands had the power of darkness within it, and one stab wouldve been enough to take over her spirit and let it escape her body, traveling over into the dark hole, where it can never come back again.
But Paul couldnt do it. Not even for pokemon power. Not even for Prima Dona. He bit his lip and narrowed his eyes as he gazed out into the bloody horizon. Prima Dona was going to be furious. She would be pissed about letting off one of the possible three souls from the dimension of earth. His job was to find those of his kind, and kill them-- send their souls to the dark hole of nothingness-- a completely different dimension no one ever came back from. He looked up into the red orange sky. Pretty soon, the night would be as dark as the black hole. Paul imagined the souls that went out there. The black hole existed in space, but at the same time, it was like another dimension, just like the one he was in at the moment. Prima Dona had been born from one, yet, it was the place where souls died into. When a human body from the fifth dimension of Gaiyah died, its spirit would leave to a happier place with their pokemon, but their bodies would dissolve and rise into the dark black hole, instead of descending down into the planet within. Humans werent wanted in the planet anymore. Dark spirits werent wanted. Prima Dona had ordered Paul to do her bidding-- and find the three from earth that were destined to stop her, and save the dimension.
He failed. He just couldnt harm Dawn. "I dont love her," he muttered bitterly. "I've never fallen in love....with anyone before."
"Oh, you know that's not true," said a dry, moody voice. He looked up, but didnt bother looking behind him to meet his approacher. "You've fallen in love once before......almost."
Paul bit back the stinging pang of regret in his heart and he kept his voice low. "You would know.....wouldnt you, Dionza?"
The long-haired Solar grunt chuckled and pinched the edge of her lip that had started bleeding from the recent battle. "Course i would. I'm born with the psychics. I can read you like a book. Especially you." Her voice was intent and smooth as she spoke to him.
Paul narrowed his eyes as her footsteps approached him quietly. He heard a purring cat. She had her Choroneko around her neck. He said nothing back. Just moments ago, he had almost killed Dawn over this grunt. He had.....strange feelings for Dionza himself, and when he saw Dawn attacking her, he just....couldnt let her defeat a member of his side. But he couldnt defeat Dawn either.
"I see you're back and living again," muttered Paul. "How does it feel?"
Dionza chuckled and her Choroneko hissed quietly. "To be a spirit of matter that was nearly defeated and sent into nothingness? Well......it felt kinda strange, like i was drifting to a sleep state, but I wasnt really going to sleep. It just feels like any regular death, whether its for a human soul, or a spirit of matter."
Paul bit his lip. The thought about a whole league of Team Solar members being no one but people born from the force of matter out in space was.....a litle creepy since that just meant they werent entirely humans. But not all of them were like that. some were just regualr people from the planet, possessed by the dark matter of Team Solar. Even some of the pokemon were like that-- no the pokemon werent created by matter from space, they all came from the planet Gaiayh within. The pokemon of Team Solar were only possessed to become the dark demonized creatures that they were.
"Only Prima Dona's pokemon are born from dark matter, right?" Paul asked quietly, thinking about the terrible lady who was the Empress of Team Solar.
"Prima Dona's pokemon? Oh no, not from DARK matter, no one can control dark matter but the pokemon Ultramaur. Even though Prima Dona was born from dark matter, she couldnt control it, though she can use regular matter from space to combine it with dark forces."
"Whatever," Paul shook his head with confusion, turning around to walk away, passing Dionza without meeting her gaze. "Whatever it's taken to get your pokemon as strong as they are now, i wanna learn." He stopped walking and looked to the sky again, eying a flock of Staravia flying above. "Prima Dona's still got my pokemon in her hands, and she's promised me if i find the beings that are my type and kill them all, then she'll do the same with my pokemon and make them just like hers."
Dionza turned to give him a raised look. "Have you even SEEN Prima Dona's pokemon?"
"I hear they are fierce, more poerful than even a legendary at my own world can ever be. I hear they've got the strength of Dilaga or Palkia, and can possess the powers no ordinary pokemon even in this world can contain. I've had my own dreams about her and her pokemon ever since, and i've hoped for my pokemon to be just like hers one day. I will stop at nothing for it." Even if I have to do something as......end it with Dawn, he thought silently, but he squeezed his eyes shut at the bitter thought.
Dionza chuckled slyly and pressed him on. She came up right behind his back and spoke close to his ear. He could feel Choroneko's warm purring breath on his neck.
"Even if it means sacrificing that little heroine of yours?" She muttered.
Paul opened his eyes into narrowed slits. He didnt answer. He walked away and didnt look back. He felt Dionza's watching him until he disappeared into the shadows.
Paul made his way back to the cold, ice castle of Prima Dona. He felt so small in a place like this. He wanted to speak with Prima Dona again-- but alone this time.
Before he got to enter inside, he looked to his left at a blast of blue light to his right. Curiously, he made his way into the forest where it got darker. He heard a strange buzzing noise, and a Starly suddenly swooped out from the branches of the trees in terror, flying over Paul's head and startling him.
He shook himself and opened his eyes to where the blue light flashed again, and he caught the tall figure of Prima Dona standing behind the trees and branches. She sounded like she was yelling, though to Paul’s ears, her voice sounded very distant even though she was just a few yards away from him. Paul grunted. Was he going deaf?
“Aha! You spy!” Screamed an angry voice that suddenly rang his ears into the right focus. He flinched and looked up, facing the little red shape of Chiba again.
“Chiba!” Paul gasped, forgetting not to speak to the pokemon out loud and only in his mind. He suddenly shut his mouth and faced the little pokemon with wide eyes. “What do YOU want?” he asked in his thoughts.
Chiba’s little voice replied back in his thoughts. It sounded angry now, and its cute face was frowning. Paul found it kind of funny how this pokemon didn’t look as devilish as it did mad as it did when it was happy.
“You stupid fool!” Yelled Chiba, sending a blast of energy smacking Paul in the head. “You had your chance to complete one of the tasks Prima Dona had ordered you to do! and you BLEW it! you let that impudent DAWN go like you just freed a useless Pidgey! You should’ve killed her!” Chiba blew another force of energy, sending Paul hitting his back hard against a tree with force.
He shut his eyes and grunted in pain as he felt the terrible pain of Chiba’s power surge through his body again as he felt himself sinking into the tree. “Please! I’m sorry! I—I really would have! But…..but Barry was there and--”
“Oh, HAHA! BARRY WAS THERE?!” Chiba cackled and sent a tickling pain up Paul’s spine and then suddenly let him go, making him feel worn out and panting. “You could’ve killed the little wannabe also! Haven’t you forgotten they are ALL humans?! All three of those dumbass nincumpoops?!”
Paul struggled to face up and meet the little pokemon’s eyes. They were slightly grimacing now, though the pokemon still looked angry. “Lucas……Barry……and Dawn…..they are all here, aren’t they? I must find them all…..”
“You forgot one,” said Chiba tartly. “There’s that pale little zombie that follows along with them. She’s here too, ya know.”
Paul gasped. “Kaira? KAIRA’S here also?” He suddenly felt his heart rush. So now there really WAS a fourth human? But what about him?! he was confused now.
“Hey! don’t mix it up, fool! Kaira’s not like the rest of them. apparently, the spirits of the world have read her aura, and they say she’s a being from this dimension! So you don’t have to worry bout her…..for now. she’s not one of the three human beings.”
“But…..what’s she here for then? Why was she able to come and…..should I go after her anyway?”
Chiba was rising higher. “Oh, stop asking me all the questions! If you wanna impress me, find it your OWN way! if you really want me, figure it out yourself, and create your own impression! That’s what I’m expecting to see! I’m not gonna give you orders to just simply follow just like that. use your head, fool!”
Paul felt a choke tighten in his neck and he gasped as the pokemon suddenly shot up into the sky, disappearing and leaving him panting on his knees, his heart beating so fast he thought he could die.
There were so many things he could achieve if he just……did what he was supposed to do to Dawn….and the others. He could catch Chiba. He could be the master of pokemon that were as strong as Prima Dona’s. he could be……Prima Dona’s second in command—the king of Team Solar at her side if he became as strong as her.
His eyes were focused and distant as he stared out in front of him, sinking deep into his thoughts. Suddenly, a bright white form appearedin front of his eyes, and revealed itself as the tall, pale figure of Prima Dona, her jet black hair flowing with the breeze as she stared down at him with piercing, dangerous eyes.
At first, he thought she was just mere illusion in his thoughts, but then she struck out a sticklike dagger in her left hand, pointing it towards the ground to her side, and spoke in her edgy, cold voice. “Pathetic.”
Paul blinked into focus and gazed up at her. he felt like her eyes would just kill him right there. He slowly stood up. “Prima Dona….” He addressed her as calmly as he could. “I’ve kept my promise. I will keep my eyes open, and follow the humans wherever they go.”
“Don’t fool me with that garbage,” she snapped calmly. I sounded even creepier when she spoke smooth rather than her usual forceful tone. Only her fierce striking gaze revealed her angry feelings. “I know you let that hussy go when you had your perfect chance.”
“Please,” he spoke quickly, looking at her intently. “I WILL follow them. I know where they are headed now, and I will get back at them all when I get the chance. I won’t let you down next to, I promise. Just wait and see. You can punish me later if I fail again, but please, this time, just give me a second chance….please.” He couldn’t imagine the terrible punishments Prima Dona could do. just chiba alone was bad enough, Prima Dona was a hundred times worse.
She stared at him with glinting red eyes. “You impress me Paul,” she said inquisitively. “I swear, if your spirit wasn’t so different from the others, I would have your head on my dagger, your blood running through the ice shards of my nails, and your body sentenced to be spliced and shattered by the power of my ice pokemon before it’s sent to the black hole.” Her words ran through Paul’s veins, chilling him to the bone. “But! I see that you’ve got something in you that’s almost as much as the power of possessing. You’ve got ambition in your heart, Paul. That’s what drives you to do the things you do. don’t let it stop you. you can achieve so much more that way.”
Paul felt her gaze deepen in him and strike his heart. She was so……powerful. So strikingly dangerous. He wanted to be like her……
“Thank you, Prima Dona,” he dipped his head.
Prima Dona chuckled evilly, cracking a wicked smile at the corner of her lips. “Now, I will be going…..I have work to do. I must go to the Spear Mountains, the place where the mystic pokemon, Phandolia was born. I must travel there, and stop this world from what’s to come of the prophecy. While I am away, make sure you keep an eye on Team Solar for me……and keep your promise,” her eyes narrowed and glittered. “I will be watching you no matter what. Don’t think you can betray me behind your back, my punishments will be even worse if I perform them when I’m not so close to you.”
Paul kept himself from backing away, and he nodded. “I will, Prima Dona. You can count on me.”
With that, Prima Dona huffed and glared at him. “You better.” She raised an arm and from her sharp icy nails, a bright force of energy zapped from them and a terribly tall Milotic appeared form the light, revealing its body until it was a real, thirty foot tall serpent with a blue shiny back color rather than red. It swirled its way into the sky with Prima Dona right behind it, and they both disappeared into the darkness above.


Lucas coughed and opened his eyes. His breath felt hot. His body felt overheated. He was lying upon a rock that blazed under the sun. he slowly rose, his limbs feeling stiff and powerful at the same time.
He looked around. Desert. Empty land. Nothing but rolling hills and golden brown hot land that burned his eyes. Where was he? Was this a dream?
He rose and groaned. The sun beat down at his eyes. The last thing he had remembered was being swirled into the force of the fire storm, like he had been caught in the eye of a hurricane.
He scratched his head. His head felt……fiery. He rubbed his eyes. His fingers felt warm and soft. He blinked open his eyes and cried out with frustration and loneliness. His voice sounded that of an Infernape.

The last of Team Solar dispersed. The pokemon that had been defeated just dissolved into the ground to……who knows where on this planet. Kaira expected King Malidorius to shout a taunt after them in triumph for beating them, but instead, the powerful king kneeled down and muttered something under his breath with a spiteful tone.
Kaira winced and sudden felt weak and drained out. Her knees had been shaking, and she felt like she was going to faint. She dropped the fire blazer that was in her right hand. The blade dropped with a quiet thump, and Kaira felt the heat erupt from around it to the side of her ankles.
"Kaira!" Cried Dawn's voice. She suddenly approached from the path that lead into what looked like a narrow canyon. Kaira slowly turned her head to meet her wide-eyed gaze. Dawn looked almost as pale as she did. "Kaira……have you seen Barry? He….he wasn't with me when I woke up."
Kaira would've ignored her, for she really wasn't in the mood to talk and waste the little energy that seemed to be burning away from her. But she had mentioned Barry. "Where…..where were you? You guys disappeared last night. We've been sleeping out here, before we started cleaning up this morning from the battle." The warriors around them were slowly picking up remains of battle gear and feeding their pokemon potions to restore health. Everyone looked smoky-faced and worn out from the battle.
Dawn huffed and looked down with her eyes clouded with regret. "Okay, look! Barry and I chased a few of the Solar grunts down that path, and then…..and then when we lost them, we decided to rest up in a cave we had found nearby. We…..we were exhausted and we had to stop and rest the night."
Kara's eyes flashed with sudden anger and she snapped into focus and glared at Dawn. What had she REALLY done with Barry? She didn't believe her. It sounded bogus for Dawn and Barry to suddenly disappear from the battle-- together-- without even coming back until the next morning. Especially during a battle!
Dawn looked up and met Kaira's expression. "What? Why are you staring at me like that?"
Kaira said nothing and turned away, picking up her fire blade and started to walk away. "I don't know where he is." She muttered snappishly. She wanted to say more to Dawn and express her feelings more, but as usual, her feelings ran through her head and kept her mouth shut, cursing her emotion inside of her. Dawn probably snuck away just to have a little private time with Barry to escape the heat of the battle, and cool down by treating each other with the love and affection they truly felt about each other. If anything had happened to Barry, it would be Dawn's own fault!
Dawn winced and crossed her arms. "Well, so-rry, I was just asking you. It wouldn't be my fault he just suddenly disappeared without a trace and didn't tell me anything!"
Kaira turned to glare at Dawn again. "Well, he probably had more important things to do in BATTLE with us than spend some cuddling time with YOU."
Dawn's eyes widened and she gasped. "What?! What the hell are you saying? Barry and I were attacked by Solar grunts and-- we escaped them down there! We had no energy left, nor the experience to even battle more, so we just rested by the time it was dark! We were NOT having a 'cuddling time,' what the heck!"
"Sounds stupid for you guys to just disappear down there," muttered Kaira. "What were you guys really doing?" Without waiting for an answer, Kaira whipped around walked away, feeling fumed and weak. Her limbs tremble as they hung limply by her side, and she would be clutching her blade with anger if she hadn't felt so weak.
"Hey, Kaira!" Yelled Delaine, running up to her from the midst of the crowd. Ninetales was at her side, and she ran amazingly by its side with the same graceful speed. "There you are! Are you alright? Are you hurt? That looks like a burn on your arm!" Delaine looked sweaty and urgent. She had obviously fought her bravest in the small battle. "Dawn! Hey, have any you guys seen Barry or Lucas? Seth's going around, counting how many warriors and pokemon we have left."
"We shouldn't have lost so many," said Kaira distantly, looking around. "The battle wasn't…..too brutal. At least you guys looked like you threw them off pretty quickly."
"Hah!" Delaine gave a raised smile. "When you've been raised in a world like this, especially in our fiery kingdom, battles like these will just seem like warm-ups." Ninetales huffed and murmured in agreement. "Now, where's Lucas? I thought he was just with dad--"
"Aha!" Malidorius suddenly strode up to the three of them with Seth at his side. Behind them all, the warriors were gathering their pokemon and getting ready. "It appears that your little friend has been…..well, how can I say this so that you can understand……he's been captured in the eye of the fire storm."
"Eye of the fire storm?!" Delaine gasped.
Kaira felt a tremor through her spine. "Does that mean….."
"Aye…." Malidorius crossed his arms and nodded slowly. "The fire storm has swallowed him up."
Dawn's eyes grew wide. "That sounds just like what would happen if it were a tornado or something! He's……is he really…..?"
"Ah, no my dear! Unlike the tornadoes in the east, fire storms that are summoned like this are referred to as 'burn cycles.' the fire is summoned from the hotness of the ground and the blazing lights of the sun above, and fire is created to pollute the atmosphere, flames flying here and there, and even creating a burn cycle, which is very much like a fire tornado. But the burn cycles don't just suck up things like vacuum cleaners, they sentence them to deep within the fiery depths within, where they shall awaken in another place!"
Seth rolled his eyes and gave a sideways look. "What he means is that the fire tornado has sucked up Lucas and has taken him to who knows where."
"Lucas is gone?!" Dawn gasped. "Where could the tornado have taken him?"
"Who knows?" Said Seth. "Wherever the fiery air above takes him and continues to flame the thickness of the atmosphere to carry his body with the smoke, he will drift until the air weakens or cools down, and he can be dropped in the middle of nowhere."
Delaine huffed, looking out to her right where the path lead down to the cliffs down the hill. "My guess is that by where the wind is blowing, he couldn't been taken along there," she tilted her chin to point in the direction. "That's ……a little off on where we are heading, but usually the fiery air doesn't last in the atmosphere too long. When anyone like Team Solar summons a storm like that, the fire won't last in the atmosphere for more than a few hours."
"Heh, but that depends on how hot the weather stays…..and if those brutes summon fire nearby again," spat Malidorius, heaving a heap of battle armor onto his Arcanine, who let out a growl towards the heated breeze that blew towards the east where Lucas could have been taken.
Kaira looked towards the cliffs. "What should we do? We…..we should look for him, at least someone should."
"Aye, I'm not risking any of my warriors!" said Malidorius with a stern look. "Surprisingly enough, Team Solar has taken fifteen members and pokemon from us. Not defeated them, but have captured them and taken them away with their squad. There may be more in hiding out there, and might I remind you, these desert areas are full of fierce fire types that show no mercy, whether they are possessed or not! Lucas will just have to find his own way back to us and he'll catch up. He'll look to the blue light of Chibo."
The king's Arcanine let out a summoning call, crying, "Aurraaaauuaa!" And the warriors turned their attention towards the king.
"We will continue to the next town of Auburn Leaf Town! It's about a ten mile walk, so make sure your pokemon are healthy! Team Solar is supposedly onto our track now, and they may be back later to confront us again, which is why I'm changing routes! We will head to Auburn Leaf Town, northwest of the incoming town so that we hopefully won't be found. Let's move!"
And they were on the walk again. Kaira kept by Delaine, Seth and the king with Dawn on their other side.
"By the way, miss?" Malidorius gave Kaira a raised look, "nice job in the battle. You seemed to be fighting the best out of your little native squad. Where's that energized yellow head of yours?"
Kaira's heart quickened and then she narrowed her eyes. "I don't know. Ask Dawn."
Seth gasped. "Barry! Dad, I didn't find him anywhere! Has Team Solar taken him?"
"They couldn't have!" Dawn gasped. "He was with ME in the caves down that path to the river, and if Team Solar took him over night, they would've taken me also!"
Delaine raised her eyebrows. "Something must've happened then. He probably ran away, or ran into some kind of trouble…..which is probably the most likely thing he would do…dad, maybe we should send scouts to look for Barry or Lucas."
Kaira saw that Delaine's expression was intent and more desperate than she sounded. She and Seth were the only ones who knew that she, Dawn, Lucas, and Barry were all from the first dimension of earth, and that they were needed for the importance of the planet…..and the fifth dimension. Kaira herself felt her own blood run cold at the thought of losing Barry…..left in the hands of Team Solar-- or even Prima Dona.
Malidorious narrowed his eyes. "In times like this, we have to press forward and if anyone gets left behind, it's up to them what happens to themselves."
"But--!" Dawn was about to object, but Delaine gave her a nudge and met her gaze with a raised expression, warning her to never question the king's orders.
Kaira wanted to pout at the king herself. She frowned and felt betrayed and empty. "Where are you, Barry?" She thought silently. "Please……find a way back to us….I…..I need you. I need to around to help me…..stay strong." She looked up to the sky. The sun wasn't beating on them like a regular desert. The clouds were still thick and gray. Only the humid temperature and hot ground still kept the heat hot enough to summon a fire storm.
As the king pressed on with the warriors following from behind, Kaira drifted a little behind the king with Seth, Delaine, and Dawn.
"Hey, don't worry," said Delaine when the king was out of earshot. "Once we get to Auburn Leaf City, I know a gypsy who lives by one of the private areas there. She can tell you where Barry is, what's happened to Lucas…..and even your future most importantly."
Kaira felt hopeful. "I take it the gypsies must be a little different here than our own world. Less complex and more clear maybe?"
Seth chuckled. "Talia is sooo complex. Talking to her is like talking to a grandma who speaks a foreign language."
Delaine gave him a nudge and laughed. "Shut up! She might know something super important about the three beings!"
Dawn spoke up. "Hey, you don't think Lucas has been touched by the element of fire now? I mean, he HAS been touched by the eye of the burning cycle and--"
"Oh, anyone can get caught in the eye of the fire tornado," Seth sighed. "I was caught in one once."
Delaine chuckled. "At the age of seven."
Kaira looked deep into her thoughts. She tried to communicate with Chibu telepathically.
To her relief, Chibu answered-- and very quickly at that. "Kaira!" Chibu's small voice rang in her thoughts. "It's terrible……you've lost Barry, havent you?"
Kaira huffed and answered in her mind, "Duh, havent you been feeling my emotions lately?"
"Well, he's been taken! Kidnapped! Not by Team Solar, though."
"Who then?"
"By……Chibo. The devil Chibo. The Chibo that serves as a messenger of Ultramaur, not Dalyah."
Kaira suddenly turned pale and she stopped walking. The others turned to look at her as her eyes focused on something ahead of them, wide-eyed with shock.
"What's happened?! Do you know where he is?"
"I can't trace where Barry's soul is….nor can I keep track of the devil of Chibo. But judging by it's the messenger of Ultramaur, my guess is that Barry may be taken…..taken to somewhere as close as the dark hole where Ultramaur may be, or maybe even to Prima Dona herself."
Kaira couldn't believe which would be worse. "We have to help him! What should we do?!"
Chibu spoke something urgently to her, but she couldn't make out what it was saying, for its voice was fading away, losing telepathic connection again.
Kaira stood with her mouth slightly open in shock, her eyes blinking back into focus as the others had come to her side.
"Um, Kaira?" Delaine was wincing. "Are you okay?"
"Did you have a vision?" Dawn asked.
Kaira held her breath and spoke distantly. "Barry's been taken by the devil of Chibo."


Auburn Leaf Town was quiet compared to the bustling crowd in Caravel. The houses were tall, and the streets looked emptier and cleaner, with a few people and pokemon walking around here and there. It reminded Kaira of one of those medieval towns in the computer games she played online. The place was a little busy, but the atmosphere was calm at the same time.
The king had been introduced their presence at the Gym Leader of the place, a tall prim looking man named Medley. They were given the small area just around the gym leader's property.
"Wow, I'm surprised to see that you guys have got gym leaders here," said Dawn.
"Of course, we just have people even stronger than gym leaders," said Seth. "Caravel City's too big for a single gym leader, so we've got our own kingdom of pokemon."
Evening struck the sky like a blood red cut. Kaira and Dawn had settled in a tent with Delaine and Seth just by the king. Everyone had to sleep outside since they would only be spending a single night. Seth and Delaine had taken Dawn and Kaira to explore the pokemon in the woods nearby.
Kaira had felt the pang of fear run through her again at the offering of seeing more pokemon, but since she had surprisingly resisted the crowd of fire types following behind with almost 200 warriors, she found herself wanting to come along.
Dawn gave her a small smile. "You're really improving your trust over pokemon," she said politely.
Kaira waited for her to say more, but she didn't. Kaira stared over at a tree to her side. "Yeah….I guess it's just 'cause I'm naturally born from this place and…..I just feel a strange connection to it."
Dawn nodded. "Mm. Well, I bet you can do the same back in our own world if you help yourself feel comfortable with the pokemon here."
Their own world. Kaira wondered how long it would be until they could ever see their own world again….to come back to earth where they belonged……or at least where Dawn, Lucas, and Barry belonged. She wondered what Rowan and the others back in Twinleaf would think about where they had gone.
Kaira blinked slowly. "I wonder if Rowan knows where we are. He's still studying the mystery of Chibu's remains and where it really came from…..I wonder if he's figured what could've happened to us."
Dawn gasped. "Oh yeah…..who knows? And….and who knows who else could've found their way here from our world. Apparently, there is the fourth, unwanted human out there somewhere…." Dawn looked down and narrowed her eyes with a look of frustration.
Kaira turned to look at her. She looked as if she had been hurt in some way. Kaira herself felt hurt and lost as well without Barry. She wondered with a pang of anger if Dawn could be feeling the same way about Barry. But Kaira puckered her lips and pushed the thought aside. Here she was with Dawn, making a real conversation with her. She barely ever made real conversations with other people besides Barry, mainly because she just pushed the, away and didn't want to talk, or because she just stayed her strange, silent self and said nothing. But she suddenly felt her anger at Dawn ebb away, and she felt a little proud to finally be having a straight conversation with her.
Suddenly, Delaine gave out a yell and started laughing. "You idiot! I could've had my hair chopped off or something!"
Delaine and Seth were appearing from the deeper part of the woods, holding hands.
Kaira came up to them. "Hey, you said something about the gypsy. Shouldn't we come see her as soon as possible? We're leaving again tomorrow morning."
Delaine met Kaira's gaze and Seth gave an uncertain look. "Oh……Talia? Hehe, um…..you might not want to bother the creepy grandma right now…."
"Yeah we were just there to check on her house," said Delaine. "Apparently, her property looked smashed and ruined as if someone had raided there or something."
Kaira felt her spirits fall. She had been looking forward to meeting someone who could really tell her of her future, and who she really was!
Dawn came up to her side. "What? We cant see her?"
"If anyone's raided her place," said Delaine carefully, "you probably don't want to be anywhere near her or her house. Just trust me. You don't want to go there."
"But WHY?" Kaira crossed her arms. "Was she even at her house?"
"Probably not," said Seth, pulling Delaine's hand to walk pass them. "But you don't want to see her when her house is in that state."
As Kaira watched them go, her heart quickened and her eyes narrowed. It didn't matter. Thoughts of Barry and Lucas flashed through her mind. Especially Barry. She HAD to see the gypsy.

“Ahhhh---chiBOOOO!”
A bolt of blue light blasted from a small, football shaped blue pokemon that hovered in the air with a button-eyed frown on its face.
Barry suddenly found himself flying through the air, surrounded by a cold veil of sky blue light, drifting through nostalgic gray clouds until he crashed into a sticky web.
“Ach!” Barry winced in disgust as he realized he was tangled in a large web with grossly stickiness that entangled him, and the web was weaved between to tree trucks at the top branches.
His eyes were squeezed shut and as he flashed them open, he gasped and yelled with horror. He stared out at more trees that stood tall, and then realized he was stuck at the top of a tree—a tree that was probably fifty feet tall or even higher.
He dared to look down as best as his head could move from the stickiness, and saw how high up he was, unable to look down any farther until the mist clouded his view from seeing any more down below.
“I must be really high up,” he said to himself in a casual tone, trying to sound as calm as he can before he started freaking out. ‘SOMEBODY HEEEELLLLP MEEE! HELLLP!” His voice echoed out in the sky through the other top branches of the other tall trees. It was cold, lonely, super high, and the atmosphere felt empty and almost out of oxygen.
Barry foolishly started struggling in the large web, not caring how safe he was to be tangled like this. If he were to fall from the top of this tree, who knows how much longer he would last before he hit the ground to his death.
Suddenly Barry heard a faint chortling. It sounded squeaky and familiar, and it was coming closer.
Barry gasped and let himself hang there. “Chibo…..” he remembered seeing the blue pokemon the other night when he was asleep…..with Dawn. For a moment, he was lost in thought of how he and Dawn were together, alone in the cave, and then he had seen the little blue pokemon they had been following—or at least he thought it was. apparently, this Chibo must’ve been the devil version of the little messenger.
The blue lighted pokemon suddenly appeared through a tree in the distance, not too far in front of him. Barry watched with wide shocked eyes as the little football shaped blue pokemon drifted up to him. his arms and legs were spread out as he stuck to the web, looking like an X shape marked on the web.
“You! you’re not Chibo! You’re the messenger of Ultramaur!” Shouted Barry. He narrowed his eyes. “If had my pokemon with me at the moment, I would so battle you and give you the worse defeat of your life!”
Chibo was frowning and the little pokemon just huffed and blew another blast of energy towards Barry, making him feel a painful spark of electricity and freezing coldness at the same time. “Ahhh! Hey! what the heck’s YOUR problem? Where did you take me?! I want an explanation! I have no idea where things are in this world, so I need to know SOMETHING! What region am I in? am I still on the same planet? Have you taken me to another dimension?! Speak!” Barry started struggling again like a fly. He glared at the pokemon, who just glared back at him. “Can you SPEAK? Can you somehow bond with me like what Chibu did with Kaira? I can be a good friend too, if you just help me out here!”
Chibo stared at him with a frown, and then started laughing. “Chi-hee-hee- heeee!” And it drifted over him, making a trail of blue light that fell like sparkles.
“Huh? Hey! what the--” Barry suddenly sneezed as the blue glowing dust landed on his head and tickled his face as it blew around him. “Stop that! what’s your point? Why am I here?”
Suddenly, the web shook, but not from Barry’s struggling. He gasped and looked around. Chibo was nowhere to be seen. But something bigger was. he saw a big bulky figure appear from the tree to his left, and start climbing the web towards him. the branchy long legs revealed what it was. it was an Ariados….but twice the size of a normal one. This pokemon was bigger than Barry, and was more like the size of his Empoleon as it towered above him, glaring down at him with gleaming bug-like eyes.
Barry stared up in shock, his heart beating like a storm. “Don’t eat me….” Was all he could think in his head. He couldn’t speak, and he felt like just looking at the pokemon would be enough to end his life.
He didn’t even struggle as the Ariados reached out to long front legs and took his body, pulling off the strings that attached to him.
Barry suddenly let out a small gasp. The pokemon wasn’t going to wrap him up and eat him later. It was freeing him. One leg was wet as it rubbed around parts of him that had the sticky web attached, so that it could easily unwind him. as soon as he was free, the Ariados held him in its arms for a moment, and Barry stared back at it with awe. The pokemon suddenly gave out a hiss, irritated that Barry had interfered with its web and ruined its home. It didn’t want him around. the pokemon let him go and Barry felt himself falling through the chilly air, everything around him in a blur as he realized how fast he was going.
It wasn’t until a few seconds that Barry started screaming with terror. He was falling—probably from a hundred feet high, and he was going to die.
“NOOOOO! HEELP!”
Barry crashed through the lower branches of the tall trees, feeling the sharp spikes and sticks tear through his clothes and scratching his skin. He yelled with pain and thrashed around, trying to avoid as many branches as he can.
He passed by some pokemon, but he couldn’t even tell what they were. Some would growl and slash out at him for crashing through their part of the tree, and some just leaped over him and hissed.
But suddenly, a single pokemon leaped from the trees, tearing the back of his shirt and causing a wound with a quick bite as it dashed over.
“Ahh! What--” Barry squeezed his eyes in pain and opened them to catch a glimpse of the same pokemon flash by his side before he quickly passed it. it was purplish, and it seemed to keep appearing as he fell through more branches. Was it following him?
Barry finally saw the ground below him. it was a leafy, flat place to fall on, and he started yelling. “AHHH!! NOOOO!!” He thrashed helplessly, and then felt the pokemon leap over him again, this time landing on his head for half a second before leaping off with speed.
Barry waved his hands high, and grabbed a random branch he fell through, and managed to stop falling, hanging right over the ground, just five feet above it.
Barry’s heart was beating faster than it ever had, but his grip clutched on tightly. He hung there, dazed and feeling traumatized at what just happened to him.
Suddenly, a pokemon emerged from the tree that was part of the branch he clung to. for a moment, he was to scared stiff to turn and see it, but from the corner of his eyes, the pokemon was nearly cat-like and four-legged, stalking its way towards him. it was the purplish pokemon again, and around its body seemed to be flowering purple wings.
Barry suddenly felt the pokemon over his head, standing on the branch he held the pokemon growled quietly, and then he felt a sharp bite on his left knuckles, a stinging pain that made Barry yell and suddenly let go.
He fell to the ground on his side. His shirt was all torn and worn out, and one side of his shoulder was bare. He had a hole on the knees of his pants, and his face was badly scratched up. he winced and looked up, seeing the pokemon clearly for the first time.
It was like an Espeon, except it had slightly longer legs. It’s eyes were dark and big, glaring at him menacingly. It almost looked related to Eevee, for it stood on four legs, and had a thin, parerlike tail flowing from behind. On its back, thin paper-like purple cloth seemed to be flowing out, along with a few strings that blew along in the breeze. The pokemon was kid of cute and pretty, and Barry stared at it with wonder before remembering what had just happened to him. he suddenly shot up to his feet. “Hey! where am I? Chibo! What did you do to me? Come help me NOW!”
He looked around and realized he was in an open field, where there were lots of trees spread out—trees that extended up to the clouds with their trunks disappearing in the foggy mist above. The field looked nice with a few nice looking plants, but it Barry also felt lonely and like he was he only one here.
“Heyyyy! Anyone---” Barry suddenly grunted as something rammed into his back. He fell to his chin and thrashed around, fighting the purple pokemon like a dog was attacking him. “Ahhh! Hey!”
As he tried to push the pokemon and keep it from biting at his face, he realized how thin and light the pokemon felt, but despite how easy it was to lift it away from him, it was also quick and strong, immediately pulling back at him every time he pushed it from his face.
Then the pokemon let out a shrieking howl and disappeared all together. Barry was lying on his back with his hands out, looking confused. He sat up, and heard rustling to his right—then to his left. He looked around wildly. The pokemon must’ve been ghost type, for it was invisible now and stalking him from around. barry suddenly felt a bite at his neck. “Wah!” He shot up, running for his life. The pokemon dashed after him, unseen. He could feel it on his heels, snapping at his ankles and tearing the bottom of his pants.
“Ghastleon! SERAGHH ENAU FAUHHH!” A terribly forceful and angry female voice suddenly rang through the field, as if the sky had yelled at them.
Barry stopped in his tracks, wincing. The voice sounded familiar.
Suddenly, Ghastleon reappeared in front of him, a yard away, crouching and glaring at him through its large, dark eyes, its purple flowing paper thin cloths blowing back in the breeze. It snarled and suddenly leaped at him, landing on his chest and making him tumble backwards, bumping into a figure behind him.
The person behind him gave out a snappy yell and pushed him forwards with cold hands. Barry grunted and fell to the ground on his chin again, but the pokemon that had leaped onto him had disappeared again before he hit the ground.
He suddenly felt the pokemon appear on his back, hissing menacingly.
“Achh! You mangy little gag!” Yelled the female voice, sounding from the person behind him rather than from the sky all around. Barry suddenly gasped and raised his eyes with a sudden surge of hope.
“Prima Dona?”
“Ghastleon! Get your ass off him right now before I slash your head off!” Screamed the lady. It was Prima Dona.
The pokemon on Barry’s back crouched and snarled at Prima Dona, then leaped off, slinking away around Prima Dona’s feet with its body low to the ground.
Prima Dona narrowed her angry glittering eyes and poked at Barry with a long, sharp stick. “Hey, get up, FOOL! I haven’t found you out here for nothing!”
Barry got up and turned to meet Prima Dona’s gaze with a confused look. His spirits suddenly felt giddy and bewildered to see the dangerously beautiful lady again, and he brushed himself, feeling embarrassed to be in a state like this in front of her. His face must look dirty and terribly scratched, and his shirt was badly torn and showed his wounds underneath.
He met Prima Dona’s icy gaze…..which was a silver gray look of anger and irritation this time. “P-Prima Dona! I- I uh…..why are--”
“Hah! I suppose when I was told I would receive a little gift, I didn’t know it would really be YOU!” Her expression suddenly lightened up and she gave her Ghastleon a kick from behind.
Ghastleon yelped and rolled around, snarling. Its flowing cloths thrashed around with it.
“Oh, quit it, Ghasleon!” Prima Dona rolled her eyes. “You should be thankful! This is Barry, our first acquaintance from the earth world, remember?”
Barry raised his eyebrows at the snarling creature. Ghastleon’s strings and paper thin cloths bristled behind it as it stared up at him with a glare. “I really don’t remember seeing a pokemon like THAT.”
Prima Dona chuckled and gave a sly smile. “Oh, of course, Ghastleon’s always really shy to make itself seen around other beings. But might I remind you, it WAS with us in that first battle when my Seviper attacked your little friend back in Rendridge Town.”
“Stalker, huh?” Barry couldn’t keep his eyes from staring right at Prima Dona. She was stunningly entrancing.
“Ugh, he’s my little stalker alright. It’s been that way ever since it evolved from Eevee.”
So it was related to Eevee. A ghost type evolution, obviously.
Prima Dona lashed out her long stick-like spear. “So! I see you’ve been traveling along with your kind, huh? Following Chibo?”
Barry blinked. “Um…yeah. why? Have I done anything wrong? Is that why you’ve sent me here?”
“Nonsense! I had no idea you were sent to me! You see, I was on my way to the mountain of Phandolia myself, and a messenger from my beloved Ultramaur told me that it would fetch a little gift for me to take along to the mountain with me.”
“You mean the devil Chibo?”
Prima Dona’s eyes narrowed. “What are you talking about? I said messenger of Ultramaur, not devil Chibo.”
“Same thing,” Barry thought silently. Any messenger of Ultramaur would be considered a devil.
“Well, Ultramaur’s Chibo promised me a surprise to take to the mountain. It would be for the benefit for helping Ultramaur when I get there. Apparently, it’s fetched YOU.”
“What am I supposed to do? and what’s the mountain of Phandolia?”
Prima Dona hissed. “Phandolia,” she said carefully, her gaze bearing into him, “is a phantom pokemon, the mystic legendary of the Spear Mountain, also known as the Mountain of Phandolia. It is known as the keeper of spirits-- good, angelic spirits that keep the world of Gaiyah in peace. Mushy stuff…..with that pokemon around, Ultramaur has been sealed away in the dark hole, guarded by Dalyah itself. Phandolia keeps balance all the good little things the beings here do, in honor for the angelic Dalyah.”
Ghastleon sneezed and rasped an angry snarl, as if disgusted with Prima Dona’s words.
“Is it….like the pokemon Dovanna?” Barry remembered a pokemon called Dovanna being mentioned as the missing being that the three messengers of Dalyah were searching for in the other dimensions.
“Dovanna,” Prima Dona murmured, were gaze sharpening. “Dovanna is more like……a so-called bringer of love. Together, Phandolia and Dovanna bring love and peace to the planet, and help spirits find their way to be like Dalyah. But now that Dovanna’s missing, the love and passion in this world is more likely to be taken over with by hatred and jealousy. Ultramaur’s got a better advantage.” She let a smile creep at the side of her face. “It’s escaped its dark hole and defeated Dalyah, finding its way into the other dimensions to take over with its aura of dark matter. This planet’s already been affected, as you can see. Without Dovanna, Phandolia isnt strong enough, and Dalyah itself has gone missing as well. I, myself, am finding my way to Phandolia’s mountain, to seek the pokemon, defeat it.”
Barry suddenly felt his mark on his forearm start to throb. He lay a hand on it. “Defeat…..Phandolia?”
Prima Dona kept a wicked smile on her face. “Just like I defeated Dovanna. Sent it away to be living upon another dimension where no one but the messengers of Ultramaur knows of. This world needs Ultramaur to help serve my bidding. Without Ultramaur, I am weak. I will start to lose my natural powers….again.”
Barry suddenly felt his heart lift. He didn’t want Prima Dona to go weak and slowly ebb away. she was made of darkness…….found her way into the body of a beautiful human being summoned from ice. Deep down, he knew how deadly she was, and what she was doing can mean a whole lot to the world. But……he couldn’t resist the temptation of her piercing……blue eyes (they changed color again)…..and the beauty of her thin, pale face. Barry didn’t notice how lost he had become, gazing up at her with a blank, unblinking expression.
He felt a cold smack on his face.
“Hey! snap out of it!” She snapped. “What are you staring at?”
Barry blinked and snapped into focus. “What?” He turned bright red. “Nothing! Just……I saw something….”
Prima Dona chuckled. “Don’t give me that garbage, you know I can read you like a psychic.”
Suddenly, a red glow appeared from behind her head, and a red pokemon hovered above her head.
Barry held his gasp. The pokemon was small and football-shaped, except this one was red with ear dents sticking up at the corners of its head.
“Chiba!” Said Barry, but then his spirits instantly fell. This one had small horns at the corner of its head also, just like the devil Chibo. Its stringy tail had a red triangle shape at the end, and from the way it was smirking and grimacing in that cute but devilish smile, it was no other than devil Chiba, another messenger of Ultramaur.
“Was this what you were noticing?” Said Prima Dona sarcastically, raising her eyebrows and letting the pokemon settle on one hand. “This is Chiba, he Chiba messenger of Ultramaur. Before I go on to Phandolia’s mountain, this little beast will help me find that little pet of your unearthly friend.”
Barry raised his eyebrows, looking at the red glowing pokemon with intent.
“It knows where Chibu is,” said Prima Dona evilly. “It can help us retrieve it. Remember how I told you my goal is to capture all three messengers of that wretched Dalyah? Well, I’ve already captured one…”
“You captured Chiba already?” Barry gasped.
“A long time ago,” said Prima Dona slyly. “It’s long gone into the dark hole now. two more to go. One is already headed towards Phandolia’s mountain with those bratty earth beings following it. another…..is in a place oh so close to the dark hole, just not….entirely there. It’s still trapped in the portal gap that was supposed to take it to wherever it took you when you first got separated from me. If I can only summon that portal again, it would take so long to find it. but that’s why we’ve got little devil Chiba here.” Prima Dona gave the little red pokemon a pet and its naughty looking smile narrowed into an even eviler smile.
Barry couldn’t bring himself to say anything. He found himself both scared that he was with someone who was probably the most terrible person on this planet, yet at the same time, he was lost in her beauty. He didn’t know what to think or feel.
Barry let out a quick gasp as Prima Dona grabbed his forearm, wrapping her cold hand around the exact spot where she had marked the wound before.
The clouds above thundered and the tall trees started to sway. Barry couldn’t imagine what it would look like if those hundred feet tall trees fell over. Prima Dona pulled Barry closer up to her, and bent over to smile at him face to face. “Ready, sweetie?” Prima Dona let Chiba hover off her other hand, and the little pokemon raised its tiny arms.
“Chiiiii!” red light blasted from the pokemon, and Barry and Prima Dona dissolved into the red mass.

Lucas ran through the night, his fast Infernape speed blazing in the darkness at lightning speed. tears streamed down his fiery face, and he thought he could just wash himself away crying. He couldn’t be a pokemon….it was impossible, even here in the fifth dimension! Or could he….? The pokemon here were meant to be confined to this planet of Gaiyah, in which they were born from. What had happened to him? why was he a POKEMON?!”
The desert was eerie and lonely, but Lucas knew he had to head north to where the warriors were headed, along where his friends were following the blue light of Chibo. A blue light flashed in the sky. this time it seemed a little closer. Lucas stopped in his tracks and gazed up at the starry night with sadness. He would do anything to get out of this stupid body of a pokemon—he wanted to be himself again. How would he ever speak to Dawn the same way? how would he explain himself when he returned to his own world—if he ever got to return?
“This must be my stupid curse,” he growled to himself. “I guess it’s pretty obvious that I AM what one of the three beings of earth to come here and be touched by this STUPID element of fire! And this is how I’m supposed to be cursed! HOW IS THIS SUPPOSED TO HELP ME SAVE THIS DUMB OLD PLANET?! IT’S NOT FAIR!”
His yell echoed through the lonely emptiness of the desert, in the angry cry of an Infernape.

Paul followed Dionza through the strange chambers of Auburn Leaf City.
“Dionza? We’re the only ones here. If no one’s wanted to come here, then we really are wasting our time trying to find anything,” Paul muttered, not liking this strange place one bit.
Dionza looked back and flashed her glowing eyes at him. her red eyes were like a cat’s, able to see through the dark. She was holding his hand to help guide him. “Well, that doesn’t matter. I wanted to see a couple of old friends at the harbor of this place. Trust me, you’ll get to like these people, and they can be really good for our league of Solar grunts, now that Prima Dona’s not looking after us to keep us strong and moving.”
Paul narrowed his eyes. He had never liked anyone in person. He had only valued their purpose on creating powerful pokemon. “Well, apparently, Prima Dona’s gone off with my own pokemon. It’s not fair that I have to fend for myself alone now. I don’t even have dark powers like you guys.”
Dionza chuckled and stopped walking. Paul felt her gaze bear into him, standing in front of him with intent in her gleaming eyes. “You have me,” she said smoothly. “And I’m strong enough to fend for TWO people at the same time. Now come on! These old friends of mine have finally returned….it’s been so long since I’ve seen them.”
“Oh really? Where have they been?”
“Out at sea,” replied Dionza, climbing up a ladder towards the manhole at the top, with Paul carefully following along. “They’ve been sailing for almost two-hundred years now.”
Paul winced, finding the whole idea of the human spirits on this planet still creepy to him.
Dionza chuckled. “I’d like to meet any of the new inhabitants with them by now, and see how the old ones are doing.”
Dionza and Paul climbed out of the stinky chambers of the sewer, closing the manhole behind them.
Paul raised his eyebrows. Just across the street was a beach. The night sky glittered on the calm waves sparklingly.
Paul followed Dionza onto the sand, gazing around him. the air was salty and warm, for they were still in the desert regions in the town of Auburn Leaf.
Dionza stopped and huffed, turning to face him with a devious smile. “Nice beach, isnt it?”
Paul blinked and met her gaze. “I guess…..it’s a little quiet here. I mean….I feel absolutely no life around this place.”
Dionza chuckled. “Well, Auburn Leaf Town is not that quiet. It’s just not as busy as Caravel. This used to be my favorite beach, for it is where the mysterious pokemon, a Lucario, had lived in one of the caves nearby. The Lucario was said to have been a messenger from the stars, born from yet, another dimension, and had appeared from the waters, living in the sacred cave of the Star Lagoon.”
Paul raised his eyebrows. “Interesting. What did it do?”
“Oh, forget what it did,” said Dionza rolling her eyes and putting her hands on his shoulders. “This beach can be more than just a sacred place of Lucario. No one comes here because the Lucario is said to have scared away trespassers by summoning huge waves and shaking the ground. But! It won’t know MY presence since I have to real spirit from this planet, and neither do you.”
Paul met her eyes. They were narrowed at him mischievously. He suddenly felt a strange surge of wonder and he smiled. “Well, then. I know what that means.”
Dionza kept her playful, devious smile. “I sure hope you do.” Her gaze was dazed and hungry-looking, and Paul felt a tremor of anxiety and excitement. She smiled at him with sexy eyes, and she lay a gloved hand on his chest, right under his neck. Her purple hair flowed in the breeze, and Paul wanted nothing more than to just reach out and kiss her. she was stunning, almost like Prima Dona herself.
Suddenly, a strange monstrous cry was heard in the distance and Dionza whipped around, facing the sea.
“Lucario?” Gasped Paul.
“No,” hissed Dionza. “That’s them. Captain Thron and his crew. See that awesome ship over there?” She turned to meet Paul’s gaze with a new look of mischief in her smile.
Paul narrowed his eyes out towards the sea as he spotted a large ship with a dark veil with a face Houndoom that had an extra skull over its face. “They’re…..pirates?” He muttered in disgust.
“Oh yes,” said Dionza sexily, gazing out at sea with intent in her eyes. “They’re a crew of studs with the most interesting pokemon you’ll ever find. They’ll love to meet someone like you.”


Lucas finally found himself in the middle of a dark forest. The trees smelled of apples and cinnamon, his favorite smell that would always lighten his spirits up whenever he was in any kind of bad mood back at home. But not this time. The smell was like nothing to him, but burnt smoke and the fire that burned over his body. He slowly walked through the forest, out of breath and feeling downhearted, not caring where he went or ended up. he bitterly thought up all the things he could be missing now that he wasn’t with Kaira, Dawn, Delaine, Seth, and the warriors that followed them.
Suddenly, a blue light flashed through the trees, and Lucas stopped to look up. A small shape suddenly appeared on the lowest branch, and it was none other than Chibo, staring down at him with cute, button eyes.
Lucas gasped. Finally he met the little pokemon face to face again. it seemed like so long since they had just been chasing after its blue trail of light.
“Lucas….” The pokemon spoke to him with a small, cute voice.
Lucas gazed up in awe. At first he thought the pokemon spoke to him through his mind telepathically, like Chibu did with Kaira. But then he flinched as he realized it was talking straight at him vocally.
“You can speak to me?” He said meekly.
Chibo blinked and shifted on its branch. Unlike Chibu, this messenger looked shy and alert, its little eyes staring down at him with both cuteness and seriousness. Blue light glowed around it and made it clearly visible. “Of course I can speak to you,” it replied. Lucas could see its mouth moving as it spoke. “I am pokemon, just like you. We can communicate with each other pretty well. And since I’m a messenger of the angelic pokemon, I can talk to pokemon of ALL types. I’ve come here to let you know how close you are to your friends.”
Lucas raised his eyebrows, and then narrowed them downheartedly again. “Eh, what’s the point? How am I going to tell them who I am? And even if they do know it’s me, what good can they do?”
Chibo blinked slowly then spoke. “You have been touched by the element of fire. Remember—there is both a curse AND a blessing to it.” It suddenly gave a smile, and its face betrayed a sweet, innocent look that almost lifted up Lucas’s spirits a little. “Find out the goodness in you, Lucas. Use your ability of fire to help you through your journey, and then you can find out what your purpose shall be to help this world. The time won’t be long, Lucas. We really do need help as soon as we can.”
“But what can I do?”
“You’ve got the ability to see through portals in the heat of your fire. You have the sight and strength of fire, but that’s all I can tell you. I don’t even know much myself, I’m just waiting for the time to come.”
“Firesight?”
Chibo closed its eyes and opened them again. “Yep. You are in the forest of Auburn Leaf. Your friends are in town not too far from here. use your firesight to find them, and help them believe who you are. Try it on me. Try to peek into the light of fire and see what your friends are up to.”
Lucas took a step back. “I can really do that? is that what fire-sight can really do? I can actually see into the minds of my friends?”
“Somewhat. You can use fire as a vision to another dimension, or another place.” Chibo let out a giggle. “But be careful, remember also: when you’re peering at another person, there must be fire present. If someone is in the living room of a house and you use your fire-sight to see them, your fire shall appear at the base of their chimney, where a fire would burn and your eyes could watch through that fire, unseen by anyone else. Blow fire at me. I won’t be hurt.” Chibo hovered above the branch and spread its short, tiny arms out, ready for Lucas’s attack.
Lucas took a deep breath. Thoughts of Dawn flashed through his mind. He closed his eyes and focused on his childhood friend. He loved her deeply, and he missed her with an ache that not even the warmth of his fiery heart could heal. He wanted to know where she was. He held his breath for ten seconds, his mind focused on the memoires he had shared with her, from playing with little pokemon as kids, to running through the flowery fields with Barry and rolling with their own pokemon as they grew older. He let out a strong blow of flames, and as the fire surrounded Chibo, the pokemon suddenly glowed with intensifying blue light around its body, and Lucas jumped back, startled if he had hurt the little pokemon.
But the pokemon wasn’t hurt. Chibo had its eyes closed, and the blue light mixed dazzlingly with the flames that danced around it. chibo opened its eyes. “Now,” it whispered, though loud enough for Lucas to hear. “Look into the flames.”
Lucas took a step forward as the light of fire grew bigger and expanded, catching the entire tree on fire. A wall of flames had formed between another tree and the one Chibo hovered by. Lucas stared into the flames, and then found his vision enhanced with the fire, as if being taken to another place. Though his body remained at the same place, standing and unmoving, his eyes were so dazed into the flames that his mind took him through the fire and he found himself traveling through a strange world of heat and fire, until he suddenly found himself in the middle of the same, dark, lonely forest. For a moment, he thought it hadn’t worked, and he was just gazing at the same place he was already in. but then he sniffed the air. It smelled of a different smoke, and a familiar scent wafted through the forest.
"Dawn?" He thought. He suddenly realized he was a small flame of fire burning at the top of a tree, and his eyes watched through the flames into another part of the forest. He saw a figure of a human pass by along a path in the forest.
As a flame, he spread further after her, keeping the same size of flames that drifted through the woods. His eyes stuck on the figure. Suddenly, when the trees slightly cleared and the moonlight shone on the human, he realized it wasnt Dawn-- but the thin figure of Kaira. Lucas was slightly disappointed...he had been sure this person was Dawn, for he had tried to imagine where SHE was at the moment. Oh well, he thought. At least he found someone. But what was Kaira doing out here all alone? He wasnt too curious, he knew if anyone would be out on a random dark night, all alone in the most quiet places, it would be Kaira.
He watched as Kaira suddenly stopped in her tracks to gaze at him, her eyes meeting his. Lucas's heart pounded from the other side of the forest where he really stood, but he knew Kaira could not see him. To her, he was nothing but a small amount of flames, his eyes invisible and watching her. Kaira narrowed her eyes and took a step forward. Lucas raised his eyes, which he thought were supposed to be unseen in the flames. Was she seeing him?
To his surprise, Kaira slightly bent over and reached out a hand towards him, towards the flames. Lucas almost wanted to explode into nothingness and disappear, and stop watching her. But before she could touch him, a yell was suddenly heard behind her.
Kaira gasped and whipped around. A tall dark figure suddenly approached her. He was dressed in a black suit, but unlike Team Solar, he had no sparkling pattern on his chest, and no mask over his face.
"Braunn....." she murmured in surprise.
The dark warrior crossed his arms. "So.....I see you're an earth being. You and your little so-called 'foreigners from the east?'"
Lucas widened his eyes. He recognized this guy from when he first met Malidorius at the dinner table. This was his strange, cunning younger brother that was like his second in command in the kingdom. And he knew their secret......
Kaira stiffened and clenched her fists. "How do you know?" Her voice was a mere whisper.
Braunn smiled and took a few steps up to her. "My dear, you think when a being of this planet falls in love with anyone, they're minds are more attached and watchful over every single detail of the one they admire?"
Kaira's gaze remained calm and dazed, but Lucas could sense she felt just as shocked as him. The small flames behind Lucas burned with more content.
When Kaira said nothing, Braun suddenly grabbed her shoulders in his strong hands, and looked into her eyes with intent. Lucas almost wanted to expand his fire and take her away from this creepy man. Delaine and Seth told how they had always disliked him and had even made up rumors that one day, he would overthrow Malidorius and take over the kingdom. And he had Kaira in his hands. Braunn chuckled slyly. "My dear, you do NOT know how to smile, dont you? Oh well, all the same, you're still......stunningly beautiful in your own strange way. I've seen the way the spirits treat you. I've spied on your little conversations when you think the king or everyone else can't hear. You, Barry, Dawn, and Lucas are ALL from earth, arent you? Hehe, well, I dont see why you should keep this a secret. The king will be delighted to know about it."
He let her go and gave her a wink before disappearing into the trees. Kaira stood there, standing frozen and barefoot in her lavender nightgown, her hair blowing in the wind. Lucas couldnt believe it. He focused on Kaira as she slowly made her way off the path and back in the trees. Oh great, Lucas thought. More trees. He hoped he wouldnt spread.
He struggled to follow after Kaira, his heart pounding. He couldnt find her. Finally, he found his way to a clearer spaced area, just behind a tall boulder next to a cliff. He gasped and saw Braunn pass by. Suddenly, a shadow emerged from the trees. Braunn turned. "Oh, hey! You again, huh?"
Lucas couldnt see who it was, and he couldnt make himself bigger at the moment.
Braun laughed. "My dear, come on! I know your secret. What are you going to do about it?"
Kaira, Lucas thought. He could make out her thin figure shadowing the wall in front of Braunn's shadow. Suddenly, he saw the shadow raise its arms, and strange long claws grew out of the hands
Lucas choked a gasp and nearly blew out his flames. Braunn' shadow backed away. "W-what is the meaning of this?" He slightly chuckled.
A blast of light suddenly erupted around the shadow, and Braunn's shadow fell over. Braunn let out a painful scream, but suddenly the shadow leaped at him, muffling his scream and arms raised up, a source of strange magicks flowing out.
Lucas felt sick. Instantly, his fire blew out and Lucas found himself standing in the same part of the forest he had started, in front of the tree with Chibo hovering nearby. He stood there, shocked and unbreathing. It couldnt be. He must've been mistakened. Kaira could NOT be a witch.

Kaira stepped through the strange fronds with a careful look on her face. The plants that grew in this forest seemed so stiff and fake. She looked around herself. The forest was dark and quiet, but no one was following. But she still felt like someone was watching her. It was pass midnight, and everyone was asleep by the gym leader’s yard, and she held her arms around herself, chilly in her thin lavender nightgown.
Then she huffed. “Of course someone would be watching me,” she thought silently. There were spirits in this world, spirits that would thrive and awaken in the atmosphere of the planet, and they could be anywhere—whether they were seen or unseen. Delaine and Seth had taught her of the spirits of nature already, and how that there were spirits everywhere on the planet of Gaiyah, spirits that communicated with them in any way, such as by dreams telepathically, by showing signs in the air, or anything.
Kaira thought it all very strange…..but she wasn’t surprised. This whole world was becoming so familiar each day, that it was driving her crazy. It made her want to find out more about herself. And so far, the closest way besides just continuously following that stupid blue light of Chibo, she could see that so-called gypsy lady, Talia, that Seth and Delaine had mentioned. It didn’t matter if her house had been broken down, and that it was absolutely not the right time to see her. she had to find out what she can, whether this lady was in a bad mood or not.
She crept around the crowded trees, and saw a strange clearing just a few feet below, where there seemed to be piles of broken planks and logs that have once supported a house. Smoke was rising from one of the logs, revealing a strange, candle-burnt smell that wafted through the air. This must be Talia’s house.
“Before I go any further…..” Kaira’s thoughts ran through her head, trying to speak to Chibu. “….is there anything I’m doing wrong? Is there any reason why I SHOULDN’T be here?”
For a moment, she couldn’t hear anything, but a faint voice that seemed to try to be speaking to her. her heart suddenly beat faster. Chibu’s cry sounded distant—and in trouble. She thought she heard a yell in her head, telling her to turn back around, but she couldn’t quite understand.
“Kaira!” Yelled a voice in the woods.
Kaira flinched, startled, whipping around and her eyes widened through the darkness of the woods. The trees seemed to move, though with more force than what the breeze had blown over them. it was as if the forest around her was coming to life……and the dark spirits were coming to her.
Suddenly, a human figure stepped out of the bushes. “Kaira? Is that you?”
Kaira nearly fainted with relief. “Dawn!” She breathed.
"Kaira! Are you crazy?! What in the world are you doing all the way out here? It's late at night!" Dawn stepped into the moonlight and Kaira could see the look of shock on her face.
Kaira's gaze faltered and calmed down. She turned away. "None of your business. I'm just here to find out what I'm supposed to."
Dawn gasped. "This is the gyspy's place.....isnt it?" She looked around the eerie forest. "Kaira, Delaine and Seth warned us not to go here." Her tone was powered and serious.
Kaira kept her gaze focused on the ruins below. "Doesnt matter....she can help us. She can tell us what's behind each of us....we can find out who's who with the four elements....besides Lucas, who's already found his way into fire."
Dawn approached her side and peered down the ledge, just a few feet above the destroyed place. "Kaira, if they told us not to go to her, there must be a good reason. Delaine wouldnt just suddenly tell us not to speak to the person who may hold the answers to most of our problems-- if there isnt a good reason to. we really should get back to the gym...this place is creepy."
Kaira took a step forward. "I must speak to Talia," her voice was cold. "I feel....drawn to this place. I might've been here before..."
Dawn followed her with a concerned look on her face. "Well....I hope you know what you're doing."
Kaira glanced around at the ruins below, slowly taking steps towards the deserted, empty area. Dawn followed after her with a concerned look on her face.
Kaira saw that there was still a trace of what looked like a cabin house, though the front door had been torn off its hinges and the rest of the front looked damaged like something tried crashing the entire front part. Kaira found her self walking right through the doorway.
“Wait!” Dawn hissed, hurrying up to her. “We don’t know if--”
Both Kaira and Dawn gasped as suddenly, a flash of bright light flickered in the room they had just stepped into, and then turned on automatically, lighting the room all around them.
Kaira held her breath as she gazed around the place. It seemed pretty homely and nicely taken care of, and it showed no signs of anyone breaking in.
“Hmm,” murmured Dawn. “I bet whatever happened to Talia must’ve been from magic or something. Really see no signs of anyone physically destroying this place.”
“That could be even worse, then….” Said Kaira calmly, gazing around the place. It seemed like a living room, and to the left was a huge shelf of dusty books. She also spotted a fireplace straight ahead in front of them. she let out a gasp. The fireplace….was burning.
“That’s where the smoke was coming from,” said Dawn, her voice shocked. “Hey! what do you think you’re doing?”
Kaira was already making her way forwards, walking right up to the fire. For some reason, she felt as if it were calling her, trying to bring her closer to the beauty of dazzling flames and burning heat.
Dawn caught up to her side. “Hey…” Suddenly she let out a gasp, and Kaira turned to see that something was glowing in her pocket.
Kaira’s eyes widened at the glow. “Oh my gosh……you still have that egg…” she breathed.
“Oh! Yes! Of course…..i’ve kept my jacket over all my outfits so that I can keep this egg with me! Everyday it seems so close to hatching, yet it hasn’t even hatched yet!” Dawn looked shocked and distressed. “Ugh! I just wanna know what it is!”
“Give it to me,” said Kaira deviously, suddenly feeling that strange sense of dread and selfishness take over her, the same feelings she had felt before they had entered Caravel City. She reached out a hand to grab the strange egg.
Dawn backed away. “No! what do YOU want with it? You don’t even know anything about it!”
Suddenly, the fire behind them blasted a tall eruption of flames bursting through the chimney, making Kaira spin around to face it with awe. The fire was burning intensely, and suddenly, Kaira caught a glimpse of what she thought might’ve been two gleaming eyes, narrowed into slits, staring straight at her.
Voices ran through her head—voices of her family, her mother, and voices of evil. She saw the two gleaming eyes glare back at her in the heart of the fire, but even though they never changed, she still saw that it was becoming like a morphing illusion, becoming different sets of eyes for different people. she suddenly felt the spirit of the planet talking to her.
“Beware…..” the voice sounded ghostly and repulsive. The flames danced with more intensifying heat, and Kaira thought that the heat was just going to swallow her up. “Beware…….you are not supposed to be in here……”
Kaira took a step back.
“Dawn…” She gasped. “Do you…” She wondered if Dawn could see the eyes just like she could.
But suddenly, there came what sounded like a choking scream from behind, and Kaira slowly turned to see that Dawn was being held by the neck and paralyzed with fear, choked by two twiggy arms. Kaira widened her eyes with fear. What had Dawn grasped by the neck was a long, ugly, demonic stick-like bug pokemon. Its body was a head taller than Dawn, and extended about seven feet behind it, resembling a literal stick bug. Its front arms stuck around Dawn’s neck, holding her to its stick-like chest, and its four back legs stood like upside-down V-shaped twigs. Its face was horrible, the creepiest face Kaira had ever seen on a pokemon. Its two beady eyes were probably as big as a human head, and revealed what seemed like zillions of tiny shapes upon the eyes, just like a fly’s. its mouth was just a mere curvy hook between the bottoms of its eyes, the ends sharp as scissors. Two long antennas stuck out from behind the eyes, the ends stained with what looked like blood.
Kaira would’ve fainted with fear. Bug and snake pokemon were her most hated creatures, but suddenly, the bug gave her a flashy glare, and jerked Dawn’s paralyzed body back towards itself, making the glowing, trembling egg in her pocket fall out. Kaira suddenly had her gaze fixed on the strange egg, and her eyes followed it as it rolled up to her ankles. She slowly kneeled down and picked up the egg in her arms. The egg was crackling and bursting with bright light around it. it was finally ready to hatch.
Instantly, the stick-bug gave an eerie, terrible shriek of anger, the worse cry Kaira had ever heard. The pokemon threw Dawn aside to the floor, and leaped towards Kaira with fury.
Kaira barely saw the stick figured pokemon coming towards her, but she screamed with terror before the pokemon even landed on top of her head, pinning her down to the floor upon her side. Kaira felt paralyzed with fear, and she let the egg fall from her arms, and it rolled in front of her wide-eyed face, glowing brightly. Kaira felt the pokemon’s stick arms pin her head sideways to the floor, and as her ear pressed against the cold floorboards, she almost heard what sounded like a heartbeat from the fireplace behind her. She suddenly felt the bug’s rasping breath come closer to ear, and gasped a startled breath of air as she felt a sharp stab of the bug’s scissor like mouth pierce through her neck.
The last thing she saw was the egg suddenly dissolve into the intensifying light, and the figure of a small bird-like pokemon form in the center. She heard the yowling scream from the bug atop her, and then she fell into a deep faint.


In the beginning, there was darkness. Nothing but endless dark matter swirled through the space of nothingness, traveling through space through even more darkness. The universe wasn’t even the universe yet. Time upon time, stars began to form from the very matter themselves, small nebulas and star-born masses of space were created by the slowly changing and commingling forms of matter. The universe was barely beginning, and from everything that was being formed came through the matter of the space. The matter itself was controlled by even farther dimensions, formed by the creations of other inter-dimensional worlds, able to form the first few astronomical stars and planets due to the activity of the matter in other dimensions. Our own world in the milky way was barely forming at the same time, though our world was billions of light-years behind the dimension gap of this world. A pokemon called Gaiyah was born from the planet of earth within.
Arceus was in charge of the birth of the planet of pokemon, and it had been a coincidence for Gaiyah to have been born. The earth had no pokemon yet, though nature was barely forming and beginning to take part upon the planet to give it environmental and natural purposes. Gaiyah had been born from the earth within, born from the nature and planetary matter of the newly forming earth. Its ability to summon the drastic changes of nature upon the earth—the blooming growth of life in the spring, the natural rapid ocean waves, the seasonal changes of the wind and wintry blizzards that pierce the planet, Gaiyah was in charge of everything, almost even more powerful than Arceus itself. Arceus could tell that this pokemon was going to be a great influence on its plant of pokemon. As signs of life began to form, and the first prehistoric pokemon walked the earth, Gaiyah supported the planet with all the environmental changes throughout the years, bringing in both the beauty and curses of mother nature. For different parts of the year, the planet would be blessed with the life of spring and reproduction of new pokemon every day, due to the powers of mother nature. But even though Gaiyah gave the earth the blessing of mother nature, there were also the worst curses of nature as well. Gaiyah formed large volcanoes by disturbing the core of the planet within, and brought harsh winter storms and heavy droughts here and there. Earthquakes destroyed many of the pokemon’s homes, as well as floods and storms of all kinds.
Arceus knew this pokemon could do more bad than good. It feared for the safety of its planet. It sent Gaiyah to a faraway dimension where it could never come back. It passed through the gap towards the fifth, where the universe of dark matter and nothingness was just forming. Gaiyah entered that universe and since the place was just barely beginning, forming matters of life controlled by other dimensions far away, Gaiyah created another form of the earth in which it had come from. It created a planet very similar to earth, though much more complex and deep within spirit, for this planet was also born with the dark matter that pierced this dimension’s universe. The planet would be just like the other view of earth, controlled by Gaiyah’s own earthly powers to bring the goodness and worst of mother nature. Although earth was no longer in full control of Gaiyah, the earth would still continue to live through natural causes and whatever Gaiyah had left behind, such as stormy seasons and erupting volcanoes. The pokemon of the earth would have dreams, dreams of both longing and belief, and they would come true here in Gaiyah’s new dimension.
As people were brought to earth, they believed they had come from the planet within. The first natives believed the pokemon around them were connected to them in some way, and whether the belief was true or not, it came true in the fifth dimension. People in Gaiyah’s fifth dimension were born from the planet within, and because of the bond people and pokemon shared on earth, the bond between people and pokemon in the fifth dimension were even stronger. But even though there were those who grew to love pokemon, there were those who would take advantage of their powerful skill and uncontrollable abilities to fight. There were those who would abuse pokemon and use them as tools, forgetting the whole idea of befriending a pokemon. This was what caused the disturbance in the fifth dimension. Pokemon of the fifth were confined to treachery by some of the planet-born people, and as a punishment, Gaiyah made it so that the humans would never come back to earth again. they may be born from it, but they may not go back to it when they die. Instead, their bodies will disintegrate up into the space of dark matter, to be sucked in the dark hole.
Kaira felt the memory of her world coming back to her. She couldn’t see herself, though her eyes portrayed the vast mountainous lands and biomes of the planet of Gaiyah, in her own fifth dimensional world. This wasthe world of spirits, the world where dreams came to life. A dream of belief from another dimension would come to life here, portraying itself in its own way, if that dream or belief were strong enough. It didn’t matter if those dreams were good, or those dreams were bad. After Gaiyah had been split, Dalyah created two pokemon to make sure that the world was kept in balance, so that the evil of the other dimensions wouldn’t come to life and destroy Gaiyah’s creation here. the Pokemon Phandolia, stallion of the lone mountains, a unicorn-like pokemon with a mane as silver as the shining stars, was created by the goodness of hope and true hearts. The dreams of hope and loyalty created an aura of matter in the fifth, forming the pokemon Phandolia, who would keep everlasting peace and harmony in this world balance.
Along with the bringer of peace, there was also love. With peace and good spirits, there also came love from the other dimensions, and with the auras of love, the pokemon Dovanna was created.
Kaira suddenly felt her heart lift…..feeling a strange feeling she had never seen before……feeling the strange, happy feeling….of love. This was what it was like to love. This was what it was like to be happy again. it had been so long and Kaira couldn’t recall a single memory of when she had last felt this way. The sight of Phandolia and Dovanna, the bringers of peace and love, brought a strange new feeling surge through Kaira, and she felt like she can never feel sadness again.
Then the other side of Gaiyah found its way. even though it had been blocked by Dalyah and trapped in the form of the dark hole of nothingness, it had managed to escape. Ultramaur created a spirit out of dark matter itself, learning to create its own little being brought to life by the dark matter of nothingness, as well as the brightness of the stars and brought to become a live spirit by the darkness of Ultramaur’s own heart. An evil spirit was created. The spirit was able to find its way around Dalyah. It escaped the dark hole, to seek a way to help its dark creator find its way out as well. The spirit formed its own human-life form, so that it could travel the planet in disguise. Kaira’s heart thudded. The spirit landed on the verges of an icy, barren wasteland of the planet Gaiyah, and formed the body of Prima Dona through the sorcery of summoned ice, creating the body of the ice lady, and becoming its spirit. The spirit and the body were officially brought to life, in the form of Prima Dona. The evil sorceress found a way to free Ultramaur from the dark hole, to battle Dalyah and defeat it, making its way to the planet of Gaiyah within. Dalyah was gone, and no one ever knew what happened to it. It’s messengers, Chibu, Chiba, and Chibo were the only ones left of it. Without Dalyah, the goodness of nature wouldn’t be protected, and Ultramaur could allow the dreams of ambition and beliefs of evil enter the dimension. It created its own messengers, the three devil forms of Chibu, Chiba, and Chibo.
Kaira felt a surge of dread for the world she had been born in. Prima Dona was still around, and she was there to support the biddings of Ultramaur. She banished Dovanna. She destroyed its ability to love. The pokemon felt no more true feeling of love, and became heartbroken. Kaira’s heart quickened, feeling torn apart. Without the pokemon’s love, there would be no control of the emotions of love. Kaira already felt her own ability to love wash away, and she felt the pokemon’s sudden grief and hopelessness. The pokemon Dovanna disappeared, sent away to another dimension Prima Dona had whipped it to. Without the love of Dovanna, Phandolia wasn’t powerful enough. Peace couldn’t do as much against evil without the power of love. The pokemon at least managed to keep away from Prima Dona by hiding with its ability to become invisible, though even though it tried hard to maintain the goodness of peace in the world, the dark spirits and Ultramaur were taking over. Phandolia was hopeless, and Prima Dona was getting stronger.
Kaira felt a groan in her chest. She felt utterly broken now that the love in her planet had been destroyed. She was easy prey for Prima Dona. The evil sorceress sent her away from the planet to the dimension of earth, through the gap of space between the worlds. Kaira could never find her way back into her world again, and her memory had been wiped clean….almost.
“Kaira…..” spoke a voice in her head. It was Chibu. Kaira felt herself flowing through endless space of time and matter, but she couldn’t open her eyes. And though they were closed, she could see into, yet, another world of darkness and forming matter, almost like another dimension. “Kaira……”
“Chibu…” breathed Kaira. “You’ve helped me come back…..you’ve taken me back here to my own world…..I…..thanks, Chibu.” If only she could still feel the need to love. If only she hadn’t become so scared of pokemon. She would’ve loved Chibu more than she could ever love before.
Chibu chuckled in its small voice. “You still havent found out who you are, though. What caused Prima Dona to be able to send you to the world of the first? What was it that made the love of Dovanna….disappear? And what will be the result of the three beings of earth?”
“Well…..I know that the three beings are to help restore the balance of this world—to combine with the elements of darkness, light, and fire. Somehow, they must use those elements to help rebalance this world again. Lucas has already been touched by fire….we’ll see what will come of him.”
Kaira imagined the whole cycle again. she recalled how her planet had been created, and how Gaiyah must be combined again to restore the balance of the planet—and the dimension. Somehow, the three beings of earth were to prepare for this to happen. Because they were from Gaiyah’s natural born dimension, and that the dreams and matters that happened there affected what happened in the fifth dimension, the chosen three must come and combine with the elements of light, darkness, and fire of the fifth dimension, and somehow control the matters of the fifth to combine Gaiyah again. somehow, the elements here would help them. And Kaira herself was to be the main part of it. from the feelings she felt when she watched the formation of the planet and the formation of some of the most important pokemon, she felt that she was somehow connected with Dovanna, and that she had to find that pokemon in order for the restoration of Dalyah. With the three earth-beings bonded to the elements of fire, darkness, and light, they will find a way to combine Dalyah and Ultramaur together, with the element of light on Dalyah’s side and the element of darkness on Ultramaur’s side. The fire would be the summoning element to bring them together and become one. But they must first bond with the element, and by bonding, there would both be the blessing of it—which would be the ability to bring back the pokemon Gaiyah—and also the curse of it—which would be one they would find out for themselves. Kaira shuddered at the thought of ice. that was one element that would just simply get rid of the “unwanted” earth being that wandered somewhere on this planet. But Kaira suddenly felt a new sense of energy flow through her veins. In order for the elements to even take place in Dalyah and Ultramaur, Dovanna must be found first. And somehow, Kaira herself was connected to the pokemon, and she herself must find it.
“The spirits have spoken to you, Kaira,” said Chibu intently. “It has been my job to try and find Dovanna, for me and my messengers to break through the space gap and search for it.”
Kaira suddenly pictured images of Prima Dona. “The other two messengers…..Prima Dona wants them destroyed. She…..she has blocked Chibo’s ability to break through the space gap, and she’s trying to get rid of you. What…..what happened to the third one? What about Chiba?”
“No worries…..Chiba is still out there somewhere…..seeking Dovanna in the other dimensions. But yes….Prima Dona does want to destroy. I’ve brought you here, Kaira, so that you can understand what you must do. if you are to find Dovanna, you must find a way to break through the space gap that separates the dimensions. You must follow Chibo, and let that pokemon take you through the gap…..after it finds a way to repower its ability. And Kaira……you still have lots more to learn about yourself…”
Kaira knew Chibu was right. She still felt broken, and now she knew why. Prima Dona had washed away the love of Dovanna, and somehow, Kaira had her own love washed away. Prima Dona was the whole reason why she was on earth, without a trace of memory to tell her why. Prima Dona was the reason why she always felt so tense and downhearted around other people, and the pokemon in her life.
She recalled her first moments of moving into Twinleaf. Thoughts of when she had first met Barry flowed through her mind. He was so welcoming to her….so friendly and sweet……she really never experienced being treated that way in her life, even though she couldn’t recall a thing past the day she had moved into Twinleaf. Although she had always known her strange, unsocial personality and fear of pokemon, she could never really remember pass the day she and her father were moving to Twinleaf. She only remembered the day as a few months ago, but shockingly, she couldn’t remember anything pass those memories of when she had first moved in. She did recall that she had come from Johto……but those memories were vague, and she couldn’t think of a single moment she had spent in Johto. She had only been told of the things her father had told her when they were on their way to Twinleaf. But those memories were just mere illusions formed in her head….her real memory really had been erased, and now that she thought about it, she really couldn’t remember a thing passed the day she and her father were sitting alone in the moving van, on their way to Twinleaf. It was like having someone tell you what you had done when you were a baby, but you couldnt really remember it for real, you're only TOLD about it. Thats just what it's like for Kaira, she was only told of her past in johto. She suddenly felt lightheaded and utterly dazed…..knowing that her father may have some secrets back in his own world as well. She started to wonder……what about…..her parents?
Kaira’s dark vision suddenly whirred, and she suddenly opened her eyes in the room of the fire-smelling house. She was back in Talia’s living room, standing straight on her feet, holding something in her hands.
She glanced down, and gave a startled cry of surprise. In her hands…..was a small, white bird, the pokemon, Dovanna.

Everything was black. Even blacker than it would’ve been if you had your eyes closed. Barry couldn’t see a thing. He couldn’t even feel his own presence there. Everything was utterly quiet. Dead silent. His body almost seemed to fade away and die off into the darkness of the silence. He couldn’t even find himself to speak or breathe. Was this what it was like? Was this what it was like to be trapped in the presence of the dark hole? This was even worse than death……
A blast of light suddenly shot through the blackness, and Barry suddenly found himself falling through space, where it was still dark black, but filled with the presence of matter that made the surroundings seem more alive.
Barry yelled and suddenly fell into a pond of ice cold water. He had his eyes squeezed shut, and then flashed them open and thrashed under the water, his gaze following the direction of a nearby Gorebyss that swam pass him. Down below the water was nothing but black darkness. If he could think straight through the coldness of this freezing water, he would’ve that that his earlier state had taken place down there, in the place of nothingness. If he swam any deeper pass the murkiness, it would’ve made more sense to have come from there rather than above in the sky, where he seemed to have fallen from.

Suddenly, two eyes seemed opened in the murky darkness. They were yellow, and glinting, narrowed as slits. The eyeballs were a distinctive…..purplish color on the left, and a bright red in the right. Barry suddenly felt his heart rise, and he felt the need to breathe for air. He suddenly thrashed again, struggling to swim the surface, which seemed to be rising higher and higher every time he got closer. As Barry glanced below, the two eyes suddenly shot up, revealing the monstrous face of the pokemon that contained them. Before Barry could even see what the pokemon was, he found himself being shot up around a mass of bubbling water, and a mighty roar pierced from underneath.
A magnificent Lapras shot up from the ice-cold water, letting out a horrible cry of anger. Its mouth was wide open, and its eyes narrowed like daggers. Disastrous waves splashed all around at its sudden emerge. It was probably around the size of a regular Lapras and a half.
Prima Dona stepped from the trees with her Ghastleon by hr feet, and her long ice dagger in her hand. She widened her eyes. “AGHH! LAPRAS, SPIT HIM OUT!” She screamed indignantly.
Lapras suddenly turned its head to face down at its trainer, with raised eyes, and then narrowed them with irritation again. obediently, it haughtily spat out a shower of water towards Prima Dona, and Barry suddenly shot out from the throat, crashing into Ghastleon. He tumbled with the ghostly pokemon and hit a tree.
“Ahh!” Barry sputtered in confusion. “Was I just barfed out?!”
He shot up to his feet, his eyes wide with confusion. He felt grossly soaked, and he winced as he pulled out a rotten piece of a pink fragment in his hair.
Prima Dona was lying on her side, soaked as well. She immediately shot up. “UGHH! YOU OBLIVIOUS FOOL!”
Barry cracked a sideways smile. She looked pretty hot with her jet-black hair all wet and glossy.
But apparently, Prima Dona wasn’t humored at all. She faced the monstrous Lapras with undisguised rage of cold eyes. Lapras suddenly looked scared and backed away, and Prima Dona rose her ice spear in the air, zapping the Lapras with an electric shock that sent it crying in pain and falling over to hit the shore behind its pond. As the Lapras lay motionless, Prima Dona huffed and banged her ice spear on the ground. “There! Teach YOU to mess with your trainer—”
“Whoa!” Barry hurried up to her side. “That was amazing! Is that YOUR Lapras? The thing’s huge as a ten foot building!”
Prima Dona whipped her gaze to face Barry with the same glinting rage in her eyes, and she whacked her left arm to smack his forehead with a powerful blow, and he fell to the ground, feeling lightheaded and seeing stars. Ghastleon shot over to his side, hissing at him with fury.
“And YOU!” Prima Dona was still screaming. “Have you no respect for this world?! How DARE you disrupt the magic of the portal!”
“Ugh, what are you talking about?” Groaned Barry, rising to his feet. He had a hand over his forehead, and he was wincing with pain. He hoped a bruise wouldn’t show now that he was stuck out here with this beautiful witch.
Prima Dona huffed. She suddenly gave him a sweet smile and her icy blue eyes suddenly calmed, changing into a pretty green color. Once again, Barry was captured by her beautiful gaze. “Never mind then. You really don’t understand your purpose here….yet.”
Barry looked into her eyes, slowly taking off his hand from his forehead. “W-what do you mean?”
“Oh, my dear boy,” she lay a cold hand on his cheek, with a wicked smile. “You will find that you have more influence in this world than you know.”
“Is it…..is it because I have strong dreams from earth? Have they been brought to life in this very dimension?”
“Oh, of course….they already have,” her eyes suddenly narrowed. “They will be more important to this place than you know.”
She whipped her hand off his cheek, and face her Lapras again. “Lapras! C’mon! we’re leaving now!”
She pointed two fingers towards the lying pokemon, and zapped it until it disappeared.
Barry watched with concern. “Where’d it go?”

“Hah! Kinda hard to explain….but all my pokemon rest here in this very ice spear.” She hit the ground with her tall, stick-like weapon. “And this time we have a newcomer in here.”
Barry suddenly widened his eyes. “You found….”
“That’s right. Chibu! Come out here!” She banged the bottom of the tall spear to the ground, and a blast of light shot out from the top of the spear. A small oval shape of a bright yellow pokemon tumbled up into the sky. the light faded away, and revealed the hovering, shocked little pokemon, Chibu.
Barry felt a rush of excitement and relief. “Chibu!” He almost jumped up towards it. “It’s really alive! Man, I thought you were lost forever, and Kaira could’ve just been having mere illusions in her head…”
“Chiiii!” Chibu raised its tiny arms and thrashed in the air, trying to fly away. But a veil of light, yellow light still surrounded it, coming from the top of the spear and keeping it from escaping.
Prima Dona huffed in annoyance, glaring at the little pokemon. “Oh, puh-lease! Cut it out! If you won’t cooperate, then I shall send you back into the portal of space, and make sure you find your way to the dark hole!” She gave her spear another bang at the floor and the pokemon stopped, and started trembling with fear. It gazed at Barry with scared eyes, as if to say, “help me.”
Barry suddenly felt the mark on his forearm throb and he winced, giving it a narrowed glance. The mark seemed to have grown darker, instead of fading away. he longed to ask Prima Dona about its purpose, but she didn’t seem to be in the right mood to explain that to him right now. she faced him with a sideways smile, and spoke in a clear tone.
“Now, Barry my dear,” Barry felt a surge of giddiness run through him as she called him “dear.” “We will be heading towards the Icorous Mountain, northwest of where Chibo is headed. Instead of meeting Phandolia, the mystic legendary of the northern Spear Mountain, we will be headed a little off to the left, to MY place where I was born from.”
Barry suddenly felt his heart lift and he suddenly smiled in awe up at her. “I thought you were born from dark matter,” he said calmly.
“Oh, yes of course I was born from dark matter! But! The ice glaciers of the Icorous Mountains was where my spirit formed the body of what I am now, so that I can travel along this world with a real figure of a living thing.”
Barry nodded with intent. A very fine form she had created also. He admired her tall, thin figure and pale white skin with eyes beautiful and sharper than daggers.
“Once I reach the very heart of my birthplace….” Prima Dona was gazing out over Barry, lost in thought. “…..I shall find Ultramaur waiting for me within the depths of where I was born. Together, Ultramaur and I can find all three of these messengers of Dalyah, and bring them towards us at the very depths of the Icorous Mountain. I must bring with me, at least ONE of the messengers with me to my birthplace, where I can find the darkness to trap its soul and shatter its goodness.” Chibu looked at Prima Dona and shuddered. “That will let Ultramuar know that I am there, and I am calling him. Together, with the darkened messenger of Dalyah, we could lure the other messengers here to join it…..somehow calling them over to the Icorous mountain, thinking one of heir own needs the rest of them there. We shall banish all three at once, and then the hope of finding Dalyah or Dovanna will be hopeless.”
Barry stared up into Prima Dona’s beautiful eyes. He knew she was terrible, and that if she ever got to be more powerful than she already was, the world would suffer badly for it. But his forearm stung him, and he suddenly felt no need to feel frightened. He wanted to help her…..make her achieve her goals of becoming powerful. He didn’t want to see her weakened.
Prima Dona put a cold hand over Barry’s shoulder. “With you by my side, you can help me. After we get rid of those horrid little messengers, there are still those dreaded earth beings out there. Your friends will know where to find you. you could also provide a little specimen to lure them towards the mountain, towards where I shall await them and send them to their deaths. We don’t want them fulfilling anything in the messengers’ place…..whatever the prophecy wants them to be up to. you would help me, wouldn’t you?”
Barry turned and met Chibu’s gaze, the little pokemon shocked and scared, noticing the intrigued look in Barry’s eyes. It was waving its tiny arms at him, crying out warnings as if telling him not to fall for anything. But then Barry turned back to Prima Dona, and felt her eyes bearing into him, almost touching his heart. Her expression looked slightly weary and hopeful.
“You know…” she murmured. “…..I’ve always wanted a little…..you know……partner by my side. Not just pokemon partners, even though they can do a great deal of help for me, it’s just not the same as a partner of my type, a partner I can share feelings and relations with.”
Barry suddenly felt his heart pound with certainty. To be asked out by Prima Dona was like going out with the top high school queen B whom everyone respected! He suddenly felt the urge to stick with this lady, and impress her so that the time would come for her to fully accept him. “Oh yes….I mean…” he tried not to stutter. “I would love to help you.”
Chibu gasped and cried. “Chiiiiiiii!”
“Very well,” Prima Dona smiled with satisfaction. “On our way to the mountain, please do me a favor and keep an eye on this pokemon.” She banged her spear and Chibu shrieked. “It will have no chance to escape the light that keeps it close to my spear like a leash, but I’m not taking any chances. Sometimes I’ll have to use my spear.”
“Um…sure! Of course.” Anything to please her.
Ghastleon spat and snarled, rolling its eyes.
Barry glanced down at it. “Um….we don’t have to have THIS guy traveling in the open with us, do we?”
Prima Dona huffed. “Ghastleon hates being trapped in my spear. And anyways, it can turn invisible, and come in handy when I need it. don’t worry, if it bothers you, just let me know and I’ll give it a sharp kick.”
Barry raised his eyebrows. He didn’t want any pokemon getting kicked by Prima Dona.
“Now let’s go!” She shot out her spear towards the water next to her and her Lapras appeared from the water again, rising into its monstrous, tall form, looking down at both of them like a ferocious serpent.
Barry stared up at the pokemon with awe. He wished normal pokemon back in his world got to be as big and powerful as this. Prima Dona…..was epic.
“We shall sail the river of Pantajynn,” said Prima Dona. “It will take us further up into the tundra territories, right after we pass the Garden of Spirits.”
Barry suddenly felt excited. As he climbed onto the huge Lapras with Prima Dona, Chibu eyed him nervously. In its thoughts, its mind ran back to its heart-bonded trainer.
“Kaira……I’ve found Barry. And things really aren’t going well with him…..”

“What was she doing in the house of Talia’s?” Lucas wondered, speaking to Chibo as he settled by the edge of a cliff. He didn’t know how high Auburn Leaf Town was, and that they could see a beautiful and vast, yet mysterious view of the desert terrain and cities below. It seemed lonely and independent, the cities surrounded by hilly lands and space. It was barely dawn, and the sun was just barely peaking over the horizon in the distance, barely stretching over the places below.
Chibo hovered, frowning with frustration. “I really don’t know. I’ve been trying to communicate with the other messengers, Chibu and Chiba……..but apparently, I’ve gotten no signal or ability to do anything with any pokemon outside the dimension. Even if Chiba or Chibu could be right here in front of me, and only seen in another dimension, I couldn’t talk to them! I must get to Phandolia’s mountain as soon as possible.”
“But Kaira!” Lucas suddenly shot up, his eyes full of shock. The image of Kaira’s shadow striking Braunn with…..sorcery and magic….the thought had stuck to his mind and bugged him. “Surely she’s no sorceress? Or a wizard? Or anyone who could use magics….”
“Lucas, it could’ve been the shadow spirits tricking you,” said Chibo intently.
“Shadow spirits? You mean the dark auras that wander the--”
“No,” said Chibo quickly, its eyes suddenly turning wide. “The Shadow Spirits….they’re known to mess with you. They like to confuse the living of what’s going on around them. In other words, what you saw could’ve just been an act played by the Shadow Spirits, not the real Kaira.”
Lucas suddenly raised his eyebrows. “How can I be sure? I MUST know. I can’t go on trusting Kaira now that I’ve seen…..”
“Unfortunately, you can’t tell,” said Chibo, frowning again. “I couldn’t tell since I wasn’t all the way over there. But the Shadow Spirits have always been mischievous. They wander the world as living matter, rather than live beings. They aren’t ghosts or living souls that inhabits the planet. They’re just mere reflections of the real living, and they can be mischievous when they wanna be.”
Lucas winced. “I don’t get it. is Kaira’s shadow alive and just tricking me by doing something she herself didn’t really do??”
“It’s possible. Each of us have shadows, right? Well, if we’re not watchful, our shadows can do some extraordinary things when we’re not looking. They can actually escape our position and try to make it look like we’re moving a certain way, when we really aren’t, as if they have a mind of their own.”
Lucas suddenly looked at his shadow, which was barely visible in the pale light that barely reached the sky. he suddenly became nervous around it, aware of his shadow suddenly coming to life and running away. He took two steps towards the shadows beneath the trees behind, making sure his shadow blended in as well.
Chibo chuckled. “Don’t worry. I’m watching everything. The shadows don’t usually toy with you unless you’re nearby a certain spirit.”
Lucas sighed. “I’m still lost in this world. I just wanna turn back into a human again as soon as I can. Phandolia can do that, can’t it?”
Suddenly, there was a rustle in the bushes. Lucas and Chibo turned behind. Lucas braced himself for a pokemon, or anything else that lived in this strange place. He breathed a smoke of fire, ready for his first pokemon battle—as a pokemon himself.
A bright fiery shape suddenly leaped out, rolling in front of them. Lucas gasped and stared down at the pokemon in front of him. “Chimchar!”


Paul trudged through the strange forest around him with a small group of Team Solar grunts. They were just by the borders of Auburn Leaf City, patrolling the strange blue light that one of them had spotted.
“Too bad Dionza isnt here,” Paul thought, feeling alone. She had stayed behind to assign leagues of grunts to head over to different parts of the area, and dealing with what some of them could’ve seen. She had sent him and a small squad back to the forest by Auburn Leaf, checking out for the possible blue light of Chibo.
If only he had his pokemon with him right now. he wondered with a sinking feeling what Prima Dona could be doing to them right now. He sighed and let himself trail behind the group when no one was looking. He couldn’t hear himself think through all the obnoxious laughter and loud voices of the Solar grunts. He felt he was surrounded by talking dark air. It was hard to believe that most of them were made from pure darkness and matter, formed into live forms by Prima Dona.
The pirates he and Dionza had met had all come back to their hideout in the Caravel desert trail. Dionza had told Paul that they would be the next big thing to help them with their plot. From the looks of each of them, Paul guessed that they weren’t real humans either, even though they actually were. They were the grossest, obstinate crew of people Paul had ever met. And to think one of them was actually Dionza’s ex-boyfriend!
Suddenly, there was a rustle from behind, and Paul stopped to narrow his eyes at a strangely shaped tall, curvy plant. He thought he had seen two pairs of long antennas behind it. Curiously, Paul stepped towards it, and tried to make his way through. He winced. Strange plants sure seemed common around this forest.
Something rustled away, as if running from his arrival. Paul followed it. Suddenly, there was a squashing noise from under his feet. He looked down, and cursed with irritation. He had stepped into gooey, greenish brown slimy stuff that looked like a giant snail had been crushed.
Paul winced. “Dammit,” he muttered, struggling to lift his foot off. But he was hopelessly stuck. He winced as he followed the strange gooey trail as it led to the bottom of a plant’s stem. He was surrounded by tall plants that resembled fly-trappers. His gaze faltered. Their heads seemed to be drooping, and one shifted as he tried to lift his foot from the goo.
Something appeared from the bushes in front of him. He faced it, almost thinking it was nothing but the tree branches starting to move, but then he widened his eyes in horror. In front of him stood a bug pokemon exactly his height, with large, beady eyes of a fly. Two antennas stuck from behind the eyes, with a small scissor-like mouth under the eyes. Its body was an absolute stick-bug’s, like a giant praying mantis. And in its front legs, it held Dawn’s hat, drooled on with its blue saliva.


Lucas immediately grabbed Chimchar and held the pokemon in his Infernape hands. Chimchar spread out its arms and looked delighted to see Lucas.
“Lucas!” It’s voice sounded almost exactly like the tone of its cry, and Lucas felt his heart rise, remembering that he could communicate with almost any pokemon related to his species.
Lucas breathed a sigh of relief. At least Chimchar recognized him. “How do you know it was me?”
He set Chimchar down. Chimchar narrowed its eyes up at him and its tail burned. “Well, of course I can tell the difference between pokemon of my type,” it had a feisty, small tone to its voice as it spoke. “You, apparently, look a lot more like Lucas than you think.”
Lucas gasped. “I havent even seen myself yet. I need a mirror. Hey, Chibo, do you think--” Lucas’s gaze suddenly faltered. As he looked to his left where Chibo had been hovering, he realized that the blue football-shpaed pokemon was gone, and he saw a twinkle in the distance behind the faraway trees. Lucas huffed. “Dang it! man, I should’ve caught the thing while I had the chance! I could’ve brought it to Dawn and Kaira! Show them that it’s really me!”
“I doubt it would’ve let you anyway,” said Chimchar, rolling its eyes. “Trust me. Of all the messengers, that one seems the least friendly. It’s way too shy, and I’m surprised it even took its time to talk to you.”
“Hey…” Lucas looked down fondly at Chimchar. “How do you know the messengers so well? I thought they were legendaries—or at least they stick with the legendaries—and that they are never seen by any pokemon but the ones they guard.”
Chimchar suddenly looked stiff. “Uh—that doesn’t matter.” He suddenly spoke up and looked urgent. “What matters is that I’m here to look for you guys! First you were lost, and then the other night, I couldn’t find Kaira or Dawn sleeping by the Auburn Leaf Gym! I was searching all night! And then I come here and see that you’re a POKEMON!” Chimchar’s eyes were wide, as if just realizing that Lucas himself was actually an Infernape. He bounced around him, looking at him from side to side. “How strong are you? what moves can you do? I can’t believe you’re actually an Infernape! I knew it was you when I sensed your presence by the road to Talia’s house!”
“Talia’s house!” Lucas suddenly felt dazed. So his fire really had been where he was spying….on Kaira. “Wait, you said that Kaira and Dawn were missing too?”
Chimchar nodded. “Last night,” it replied quickly, its tail flaming with intent. “I thought I saw Kaira headed towards the house of Talia, and I followed her. But then I got distracted and lost my way when I scented where fire had been—where YOUR fire had actually been! Wow! I can’t believe you’re actually an Infernape! Lucas, this must be the blessing of the element of fire that has touched you!”
Lucas sighed and closed his eyes. “This is no blessing. I see no use out of this state. I just wanna be a human again. But listen,” Lucas suddenly looked down at Chimchar and took his hand, dashing into the forest. “Come on, we have to go towards Talia’s house. Kaira really was there, and we must find her.” And to think Dawn had gone missing too…….Lucas hoped that it certainly had nothing to do with Kaira’s possible power of sorcery. If she was what Lucas thought she was, then she couldn’t be trusted over anything.
Chimchar huffed and yanked his arm away from Lucas, wincing up at him as he kept up by his side. “Hey! If you really were by the road to Talia’s house all the way back here, what the heck were you doing all the way back there at the edge of the cliff?”
Lucas sighed, keeping his pace. “I don’t know.” He didn’t want to talk about what he had witnessed her do. “I’ll explain later.” He spotted a short downhill side of the trail. “There’s Talia’s house. We’ll see if anyone’s there.”

The small white pokemon cooed like a baby Pidgey in Kaira's hands. It stared up at her with calm, intent blue eyes of a newborn.
Kaira could barely breathe. As she stared into its eyes, memories of Dovanna flowed through her mind, filling her with a strange sense of deja vu again. This was just like a small version of the very legendary Dovanna itself. And it was in her arms.
Kaira couldve stayed frozen the entire time. But she suddenly looked up as she heard a small groan.
Dawn was lying on the floor, her face against the ground with her arms at the sides of her head. She shifted, and slowly sat up.
"Dawn....." Kaira gasped, her voice shaking.
"Doooouuuu...." The little dove pokemon cooed like a lovebird, sounding like a musical flute.
Dawn's eyes were cracked with red, looking extremely tired and nauseous. Kaira noticed she wasnt wearing her white cap anymore. The stick bug was nowhere to be seen.
Dawn suddenly turned to Kaira, and it took a moment for her to widen her eyes in astonishment. "Oh....Kaira! Isnt that....."
"Dovanna!" Kaira held the little bird tightly against her. "Dawn, I just had the strangest dream. It reopened my mind to how I had been connected to this world! Apparently, I'm a living being from this very dimension, and even though i havent figured out everything on how I was really created, or what was my purpose, I did learn one thing! I was sent away by Prima Dona......destroyed and broken-hearted to become what I was back on earth, and kicked out of this place by Prima Dona herself. Dovanna is the pokemon of love.....without it, my spirit was easily broken, and Prima Dona kicked me out of the entire dimension."
"But why?" Dawn stood up, staring with awe at the little dove. "What have you done that's made Prima Dona want to get rid of you?"
"That, I still have no idea."
"And what about your parents? I thought you were from Johto, and that your father wanted to get a better job in Sinnoh after...you know.....your mom passed away."
"Actually, I've never exactly remembered anything past the day I arrived to Sinnoh," said Kaira, her eyes looking pass Dawn and becoming clouded again. "I might have been told of what had happened before I came to Twinleaf, but those werent really REAL memories." She looked at Dawn. "It's like when you're reminded of something you've done when you were a baby. You dont remember it at all, though you were told about it and it's stuck to your mind, believing it. Well...that's just how it's like with me and my past."
"What do you really remember?"
"I really dont remember anything past the day my father and I were.....on the road to Sinnoh, traveling in our own boat. I-- I still have a lot to figure out. But at least I've discovered something important. I must keep following Chibo. Phandolia, the pokemon of peace, has the power to restore Chibo's powers to travel through the portal of the fifth dimension and back to earth. I must try to find the pokemon Dovanna, who is possibly out there in the other dimensions. Somehow....I'm connected to Dovanna....which was probably why I was affected so badly when Dovanna lost its feelings of love."
Dawn blinked at the baby pokemon as it nuzzled comfortably in Kaira's arms. "So what's with that pokemon?" She suddenly gasped, recognizing how pure the white of its feathers were. "It was from my egg, wasnt it?! It hatched!"
Kaira nodded, her eyes remaining their dazed, intent gaze.
Dawn met Kaira's eyes. "Could THAT be the real Dovanna somehow? Maybe it's disappeared to start its life over....as a newborn?"
"No," Kaira replied quickly. "This isnt the real Dovanna. Dovanna's magnificent...much bigger and greater than this." She recalled her vision in her dream of the pokemon forming in this dimension. "The real Dovanna was banished and sent away from this very dimension by Prima Dona.....just like I was. This pokemon is probably no more than just a possible child of the legendary.....born from some kind of matter and spirits from this strange dimension. This is a very complex dimension-- you never know how anything couldve been created or born."
"Perhaps Dovanna dreamt it up from another dimension?" Suggested Dawn. "Maybe......dreamed and believed in a new pokemon to grow up and become just like it to take its place?"
Kaira shook her head. "I really dont know yet. There's still a lot I need to figure out. We really should head back and continue following Chibo....with Delaine and Seth and all the other warriors."
Suddenly, something crashed from the front door behind them. Chimchar tumbled over head over heels, stopping to sit in front of them with an excited look in its eyes.
"Chimchar!" Cried both Kaira and Dawn. The baby Dovanna started cooing with happiness at the sight of Chimchar.
Dawn huffed. "What are you doing here? Have you followed us?"
"Chi-iim!" Chimchar was jumping up and down, pointing towards the front door. An Infernape was making its way in, and slowly coming up to Chimchar's side.
"An Infernape?" Said Dawn.
Kaira felt utterly surprised. For once, it wasnt from the sight of a new pokemon. Perhaps the love and the warmth developing in the newly born Dovanna was taking over her.
Infernape was looking straight at Kaira with worried, lost eyes. Then it turned quickly away to face down. It gave a low cry, as if trying to convince Dawn to give it something.
Kaira couldnt take her eyes off the Infernape. Those eyes.....they looked shockingly familiar. It suddenly hit her. "I saw the same pair of eyes in the fire! That Infernape-- it was staring at me from the fireplace.....before I was knocked out."
Chimchar continued to jump up and down. "Chim! Chim!"
But then Kaira looked closer at it. The eyes still reminded her of something....or someone.
Dawn chuckled and gave the Infernape a pat on the head. "This one's quite content compared to all the other Infernapes back at the league. Chimchar, is this one of your friends you've made with the warriors' pokemon?"
Chimchar was shaking its head. "Chim!" It was trying to tell them something.
Kaira suddenly gasped. "No.....that's Lucas!"
Dawn blinked and gave Kaira an unconvinced look, but Chimchar started jumping up and down, a smile on its face as it clapped its hands in the air. Dawn turned to the Infernape. "Really....?"
Infernape was nodding. It suddenly held out its hand towards Dawn, and sure enough-- there was a poketch around its wrist, exactly identical to Lucas's.
Dawn gasped. "Oh wow...Lucas..."
Kaira gave the baby Dovanna a glance. "It must be the curse of the fire. He has been touched by the element. He's one of the Three."
Suddenly, baby Dovanna flapped its wings, escaping Kaira's grasp. Kaira gasped. It flew up from her reach, its white wings already able enough to fly. The litle bird was no bigger than a Starly, but it was just like a duplicate of what the real Dovanna was pictured in Kaira's memories and recent dream.
Chimchar jumped up, looking energized and excited. "Chimchar!"
"Douuuu," baby Dovanna flew towards Chimcahr, and then over its head, flying towards the front door to escape outside.
Chimchar followed its gaze, and then happily dashed after it.
"Chimchar! Wait!" Dawn called worriedly.
Kaira blinked. "No....we can't let that pokemon escape."
Dawn turned to meet Kaira's gaze.
Kaira was making her way towards the front door. "It may have the most important connections with Dovanna itself, and it can even help me find out how and why I may be connected to the pokemon itself."
Kaira didnt look back as she stepped through the broken front door to peer outside. Behind her, Dawn was giving Infernape a sorry look, and then took its fiery hand carefully, walking it out after Kaira.
Kaira took a deep breath, feeling the spirits of the trees around her. She felt more connected to this world more than ever now. The morning breeze flowed through her hair, and a line of leaves blew through the air, circling above her. Kaira opened her eyes and saw the baby Dovanna chasing after the wind of leaves curiously. Chimchar was just below it, staring up and with a happy daze. The pokemon's pure white feathers glistened brightly in the air.
"Ahh! Seth, look at THAT!" Yelled a loud voice with surprise.
Delaine and Seth suddenly appeared from the bushes, Seth slashing a branch of a tree in his face with his fire sword.
Seth widened his eyes. "Whoa--! Kaira, where'd you find that thing?!"
Dawn gasped and Lucas growled. "Delaine! Seth!" She and Lucas ran towards them. Kaira remained her place under the circle of leaves.
"Oh!" Delaine crossed her arms and frowned. "So you really did come to this place! Didnt Seth and I WARN you guys why the hell you shouldnt be here?! You have know idea what Talia could do when--"
"Hey! Calm down, we found Lucas....believe it or not, this is him," Dawn laid a hand on Lucas's head with a sorry expression.
Seth gasped and came up to him. "Oh, no Lucas! Why you? Sheesh, I'd be laughing if it were Barry, but..."
Delaine huffed. "This is the work of the planet. He's been touched by the element." She looked up at the fluttering Dovanna above Kaira. "But hey! Kaira, where'd you guys find that pokemon?"
Kaira shook her head slowly. "It hatched......Dawn had its egg."
"Hey, I knew it needed care...." said Dawn quietly. She turned up to it. "I had a feeling it would help influence us. Whenever I looked at that egg, I had feelings of nausea....and overprotection."
The baby Dovanna slowly landed towards Kaira's shoulder, and Kaira blinked slowly, her eyes recovering fom their clouded state. It cooed in her ear, its eyes shut tight. "We should follow Chibo." Said Kaira. "This really is the hatchling of Dovanna itself.....it's telling me to take it to the mountain of Phandolia."
Kaira couldnt communicatewith it telepathically, but from the way it cooed and tweeted in her ear, the feeling of Phandolia and Dovanna was overwhelming her. Clearly, this newborn pokemon had a big conection to the legendaries...somehow.
Delaine raised her eyebrows. "That's what we came to find you guys for. We were leaving first thing, and Malidorius has already set out with the league. Seth and I hurried over to look for you guys since the king didnt want to waste time."
"What?! You left without us?" Gasped Dawn.
"Hey, we can still catch up. They shouldnt have gone too far." Said Seth.
Kaira suddenly shuddered and felt something watching over them. The leaves above her disappeared and scattered higher in the sky.
"Hey, someone's coming," said Dawn, staring out at their left.
Kaira turned to see the figure of an old lady slowly making her way towards them. A Mismagius accompanied her side, its eyes slowly opening and closing with a gleaming look.
The old lady wore a green cloth over her back, with a red bandana ovr her dark black curly hair. Her eyes were wide and beady, staring right at Kaira's direction. Kaira felt crept out-- she couldnt tell whether this strange lady was staring at her or the babay Dovanna. But from the way Dovanna was trembling and making small whimpers, Kaira sensed the aura within this lady wasnt the spirit to trust.
Delaine let out a sharp gasp and whispered something Kaira didnt catch.
"Oh, my sweet!" The lady raised her arms towards Kaira. "Are you the trainer of that dear little bird?"
"uh...." Kaira couldnt bring herself to speak. Instantly, Dovanna rose from her shoulders and shot up, its wings glowing, ready to use its first wing attack move.
"Muuuhhhhhhh....." Mismagius moaned a creepy cry and sent a Hypnosis attack on Dovanna. The little pokemon slowly fell from the air like a feather.
"Dovanna..." Kaira murmured, her gaze still meeting the old lady's.
"Who are you?" Dawn spoke in a fearful voice.
"Oh-ho...my sweeties," the lady cracked an ugly smile. "I am Talia. I own the house you just infiltrated. You seem to have been trespassing my property....all of you."
"Hey, Talia, it's cool," Seth was backing away. Lucas stayed by his side, eying Talia. "We were just gonna leave, we havent done anything to your house at all."
"Really? You seem to have dropped by with an interesting pokemon for me." Talia was slowly taking small steps towards them. She suddenly took out a bottle and met Kaira's gaze. "My dear.....you look so pale and thirsty. Would like to have a drink?" She held the bottle right towards Kaira's face, and Kaira took a step back, arching her neck from the bottle.
"No....I'm fine..."
"Kaira!" Dawn gasped.
"Hey, leave her alone!" Delaine took Kaira's arm and pulled her overto her side, taking out a pokeball from her pocket. "We'll fight you outta our way if we have to."
The lady's gaze suddenly narrowed ad turned sharp. "Fine then. Have what you want. Mismagius..." Talia snapped her fingers and Mismagius sent a strange flow of darkness over them all, sparkling silver dust over their heads.
Kaira looked around with horror, and watched as her friends all breathed in the sparkles, and fell over in an unconscious faint. "No! You guys..."
Talia was glaring hungrily at Kaira. "Now my dear. About that little pokemon of yours...."
"No! You'll never take Dovanna!" Kaira instantly grabbed the sleeping Dovanna and as soon as it was in her hands, the pokemon awoke and blasted a bright light towards Mismagius and Talia, and the two disappeared into nowhere. Kaira stared with awe at the little pokemon. "What did you....."
"Douuu!" Dovanna suddenly escaped Kaira's hands and fluttered into the woods. "Wait!" Kaira chased after it, finding herself running through a more open area with less trees, until she realized she was surrounded by the strangest looking plants she had ever seen. She held her breath in horror when she realized some of them were fly-traps.
"Uhhhh" Kaira flinched and let out a quick startled cry as she was facing the back of the stick bug again. It suddenly turned is big ugly head, its giant eyes staring at her with a million eyeballs.
The sky suddenly thundered above, and a blast of lightning struck the bug, turning it to ash. Kaira looked up in surprise as she caught the baby Dovanna cooing and flying around near the tick clouds.
"Kaira...." A deep familiar voice uttered her namein front of her.
Kaira looked and saw just a few feet from her....stood Paul, stepping out from the muddy pool of water he had been standing on. the thick mudy water disappeared into the ground as Dovanna flew over it.
"Paul!" Gasped Kaira. "So it's true? Are you really....with Team Solar?" She couldnt believe his eyes from the way he was dressed. He looked darker and more secretive than ever.
"Well, of course!" He was glaring at her with serious eyes. "This world's all about living your life with pokemon, even more than our world does! I've found my place, and I'm not---"
"You can't!" Kaira protested, not believing what she was hearing. "There's a human out here....besides Dawn, Lucas, Barry, and I. One human that is not wanted, one that will be consumed and defeated by the power of ice. Don't be that one Paul.....dont find your way into that."
Paul chuckled. "You really think I would believe in that so-called prophecy that's been going on for like, what? Centuries? Even if it were true....you think you'd rather have one of your other friends be the unwanted one rather than me?"
Kaira raised her eyebrows. Paul was gazing into her with challenging eyes, and he cracked a smirk. "Think about it Kaira." He suddenly made his way up to her, and pulled out a bluish piece of isoscele, holding it in his hand. "Prima Dona wants me to find all of you. It's my duty that I find you guys and defeat you. And you especially. What's your purpose here, hmm? Have you found out yet?"
Kaira was staring right at Paul, just a few inches from standing nose to nose with him. She didnt take her eyes off him, but she felt the strange coldnes from the isoscele nearing her side.
"Paul...you wouldnt," she spoke contentedly and seriously. Prima Dona was driving him to this. He was going to kill her, and then set out to do the same with Barry, Lucas, and even Dawn.
"Oh, but I would. I'd do anythingfor pokemon power."
"PAUL!!!" Dawn's scream sounded from behind, and Paul turned to look over Kaira's shoulder, where Dawn suddenly appeared from the bushes with Dovanna above. Kaira turned to meet Dawn's terrfied gaze. Paul's isoscele was a mere inch away from stabbing right at her side.
Dawn gasped and her eyes grew clouded, gazing into Paul with disbelief. Paul stared back with the same surprised look, then snatched the isoscele back in his pocket, and dashed away, disapearing down the hill behind the grove of trees.
Delaine, Seth, Lucas, and Chimchar appeared up to Dawn.
"Kaira! You okay?" Delaine shouted.
Kaira turned and saw that Dawn shouldve been the one to be concerned about. she looked more in a state of shock and confusion than Kaira did herself. Paul had just tried to kill her......and he had stopped at the sight of Dawn.
"I....I'm fine guess. He will grow stronger now that he's failed yet again, though. We havent seen him for the last time yet."
Kaira suddenly felt Chibu's voice echo in her head. "Kaira......be careful.....something out there is still watching you all..."
Kaira suddenly stood upright and widened her eyes.
Delaine andSeth exchanged glances. "Well! Whatever hapened, we can discuss it while we continue following Chibo. Let's catch up while we still can!"
A sudden sparkle of blue glowed in the horizon, through the thick gray clouds towards where Paul had disappeared.
"There!" Set pointed. "Let's hurry! Come on, Dawn."
"What? Oh....." Dawn snapped into focus and Dovanna cooed in her ear, urging her on as she walked after Seth and Delaine downheartedly, passing Kaira without even noticing her.
Kaira stood there, still trying to regain communication with Chibu. But all was lost.

Barry was aware of Chibu’s watchful stare over him. The pokemon could communicate telepathically with Kaira, and he felt like he was being watched from his very own friends far away. The symbols on his forearm hurt bad, and every time he even tried to think about doing the right thing and help the others get to Phandolia to try and restore Dovanna to the planet, the mark stung on him as if reminding him that there was someone else he really should be helping. He glanced up to where Prima Dona was sitting a few feet in front of him on her Lapras. She was beautiful. She was stunningly dangerous. She could literally kill him with a blink of her eye.
“Chibu….” Barry muttered, looking at the little yellow pokemon. A thin yellow veil glowed around it, keeping it from escaping anywhere from Prima Dona’s spear. The football-shaped pokemon turned and met Barry’s eyes with its cute, concerned gaze. It hovered over to Barry and he spoke in a low voice. “Is….is Kaira safe? And Dawn? And Lucas too?”
“Chii….” Chibu’s button eyes saddened and nodded.
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Has something happened? Are they still together?”
“Chiii…” Chibu nodded.
Even though Barry couldn’t understand Chibu’s language the way Kaira could, he still felt a strange feeling that Chibu was telling him that they were together—all of them—but something had happened to them all at once as well.
Barry gasped. “So Lucas is with them also?” He hissed, hoping Prima Dona couldn’t hear him. he glanced over to where she was yelling at her Ghastleon over something.
“Chi!” Chibu nodded. Then it gave a low, wailing cry.
Barry found himself understanding what it was trying to tell him. “But….they’re still following Chibo and….they’re on a dangerous trail?”
Chibu shook its head with frustration. “Chi!” It cried, trying to make him listen carefully.
“Barry!” Prima Dona’s cold yell shot his attention over to where she was standing at the shoulder of her Lapras, her left arm raised in the air, holding her spear as if she was aiming to shoot something in the sky. “When you’re finished talking your little secrets with that impudent, come over here and see our little surprise here!”
“I’m sorry…..” Barry got up and hurried over, feeling strangely ashamed to be whispering behind Prima Dona’s back. Chibu watched him go with a saddened gaze again.
Prima Dona smiled coldly again as he stood in front of her. “Now, I want you to meet a good partner of mine.”
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Is it another one of your pokemon?” He felt excited. Prima Dona had the most interesting pokemon he had ever seen from anybody.
Prima Dona chuckled. “Not exactly. It’s a pokemon of my creator, Ultramaur. This is Chiba, our good little messenger who has come to pay me a little visit.” Prima Dona took a step to the right and a red glowing little pokemon hovered in the air, gleaming its little eyes at Barry. It looked just like Chibu ith the same football shape and cute button-eyed face, only it was red and had its ear dents sticking up. it had no halo like Chibu did, instead it had tiny little horns sticking from next to its ear dents, with a stringy sort tail that had a triangle at the end rather than a diamond. This pokemon was smiling deviously also, not sweetly like Chibu did.
“Chiiii…….” Chiba’s voice was small and mischievous, and it looked ready to fling itself and Barry.
Barry tried not to look scared. This was one of the devil messengers, he remembered. The messengers of Ultramaur. “Um…..that’s tight!” He tried to sound excited. “Wh-what’s it doing here?”
“Well, it just came from a portal in the Spirit Garden,” replied Prima Dona. “We are nearing the place at the moment. Chiba has just arrived to tell me what’s been going on with my Team Solar leagues all around, and how Paul is doing.” She narrowed her eyes into an evil smile as she mentioned Paul’s name.
Barry suddenly remembered seeing Paul back at the fight with a squad of Team Solar grunts. The sight of him harassing Dawn and nearly killing her….he couldn’t bear to forget it easily. He couldn’t help narrowing his eyes and looking away. “Oh. I guess Paul’s doing fine then? He’s perfectly happy with--”
“Chi!” Chiba suddenly grew angry and shot a red blast of light at Barry’s face. barry flinched.
“Ah!” He put a hand on his cheek, frowning. “What’s your problem? That hurt!”
“Now!” Prima Dona raised her voice before anything else could start something. “I know how much you feel about Paul, my dear.” She met Barry’s eyes with a calm, understanding gaze. Barry almost found himself lost again. “But you must remember: there will be one human upon this earth that shall be unwanted, and shall be defeated by the power of ice.”
Chibu hovered over Barry’s shoulder, wanting to listen carefully.
Barry blinked. “What? Is that supposed to be me?” He muttered.
“I never said that,” snapped Prima Dona. “And I will make sure that if it is you, you shall NOT be defeated by the power of ice. I’ve promised to watch over you and protect you. Your so-called ‘friends’ are no longer to be trusted, though. Can’t you see what they’re up to? they’re trying to find a way to stop Ultramaur—to stop ME. Without me, what woud YOU be?”
Barry felt intrigued and captured by Prima Dona’s intent voice.
“Remember, you’re on my side. You’ve promised to help me, to keep me safe from becoming any weaker than I can get. You are helping me find Ultramaur, to find all three messengers of Dalyah, along with the three beings of earth, and destroy them all before they can find a way to destroy me. They can’t be trusted, Barry. They want to destroy me.”
Chibu whimpered next to him. Chiba snickered and casted the yellow pokemon a mischievous smile.
“Chiba here,” said Prima Dona, her gaze lighting up, “has told me that it’s found your friends, and was examinging their traillast night.”
“Are they still following Chibo?”
“Oh yes,” Prima Dona was smiling. “At least they think they are. See, Ultramaur’s messengers tend to look exactly like Dalyah’s….”
Barry gasped. “They’re following….devil Chibo now?”
Prima Dona raised her eyebrows. “How’d you figure out so quickly? Hehe, yes my dear. Your friends have gone a little off trail and have started following what they may think shall take ‘em to Phandolia’s Peak.”
“Where will the devil Chibo take them?” Barry tried not to sound worried.
“Oh, where devil Chibo belongs probably,” said Prima Dona innocently. “That way, Ultramaur won’t have to use YOU to try and lure your friends over.”
Barry kept himself from gasping. Now he had no purpose to follow Prima Dona. The only thing it would lead to…..was betrayal. “The unwanted shall betray the others, and then become defeated by the element of ice.” The words rang through Barry’s head, spooking him and making him feel sick and guilty. But part of him wasn’t wanting to leave Prima Dona anyway. Part of him was urging him to stick by her side—no matter what the consequences. His mark stung his forearm, and the feeling soon grew stronger.
“”So I have no reason to stay with you, don’t I?” Barry said with a sigh.
Prima Dona raised her eyebrows. “What’s that? you’re thinking of leaving me?”
“No!” Barry spoke quickly, meeting her ice cold glare. “I was just saying! I—I never want to leave you.”
Prima Dona smiled. She reached out her long arm around his shoulders and pulled him closer to her side. Barry looked straight ahead, feeling dazed and scared to be so near her like this.
“Of course, I never want you to leave me either,” she spoke nicely. Chiba hovered over her shoulder, snickering and Chibu watched Barry with an intent look. Ghastleon crept around Prima Dona’s heels and growled at Barry.
Prima Dona looked on ahead of them. “Ah! Here we are!”
“Chiii-heee!” Chiba gave Chibu a rude push and hovered around with a smirk.
“Barry, this is the place known as the Garden of Spirits. It’s a sacred place up in the tundra where spirits from the dead gather. See, it’s as if you miss a long-lost relative or pokemon that’s no longer alive. Well, in this dimension, here in this place, they are alive here. anyone you think about everyday to be kept alive in your mind, they will be kept alive in this part of the world.”
Barry stared out at the place that they slowly flowed by. It was beautiful. The grass was the lightest green Barry had ever seen, and trees grew here and there, spread out with plants growing all around. there seemed to be small pokemon like Bidoof an Shinx running around, chasing after each other. there seemed to be no sign of people up here to control them, and there was a strange sweet smell to the air that made Barry feel as if he could almost run across the grassy garden with the pokemon without ever stopping. The aira smeled like apples, though the fruit that grew on the tree didn’t look much like apples. They were red, but Barry saw that on every tree, a number of a red circle shaped fruit grew rather than the shape of an apple. Barry looked down and saw that the river was a clear calm blue, almost as blue as the welcoming sky above. Though the sun wasn’t too bright right now, Barry still felt a warm sense of happiness and the urge to just throw himself in the water to cleanse himself and feel refreshed.
He suddenly felt chilly all over again as he felt Prima Dona lay a hand on his shoulder. “Like the place?” She said calmly, her expression unreadable.
Barry swallowed. “Um—yes, I do actually. Hehe, should I not?”
Prima Dona chuckled. “Oh, my dear! Enjoy this place as much as you can! It’s like a heavenly place where all your memories of lost ones come to life. I bet you’ve got some people or pokemon in your life you’d like to have around again, don’t you?”
Barry’s gaze faltered and he looked down. “Yes…I do.” He remembered his dad’s first pokemon, a lively little Shinx he had been training, but it had died of bud fever, a sickness that went around usually during the winter when the Budew would released more pollen to help it keep strong. He also remembered his grandmother, who had once been a great mentor of his father before he even became the Tower Tycoon.
The Lapras suddenly stopped. Prima Dona helped Barry climb down. Ghastleon dashed off after them, and Chiba gave Chibu a shove to hover down beside Prima Dona. Lapras yawned and gave a narrowed stare as Prima Dona put her arm around Barry again. “Well, you can feel free to wander all you want in this place.”
Barry looked up at Prima Dona. “Really? Where are you going?”
“Well, the reason I’m here…….” Prima Dona was staring out at the small waterfall in the distance that trickled down a clean, earthy cliff where Wingull and Shellos played by the stream. “……I’m here to check with some of……my old acquaintances.”
Barry blinked. “Old acquaintances?”
“In the past I’ve encountered a many number of people and pokemon whom have influenced me greatly…….both good and bad.” Her icy blue eyes flashed. Barry didn’t think she would be telling him much. He suddenly gave a raised look as he remembered that Prima Dona was probably almost as old as the beginning of time, for she had been created by Ultramaur when it had been trapped in the dark hole.
“Oh,” he replied. “Well, I bet if they’ve done anything wrong, you can still be able to just come up to them and kick their butts for it, whether they’re dead or not.”
Prima Dona chuckled. “That’s right. This IS the place of dead spirits, though they are only alive here if they are kept alive by the minds of someone who had once loved or cared about them….”
Barry gave her a calm look, speaking carefully as he could. “You’ve loved someone before?”
Prima Dona’s eyes flashed a darker color of blue. Her expression didn’t change. “Dear…..I’ve loved lots of beings before. You arent the first.” Her voice was soothing but cold and deadly. Barry felt the tension around him as he saw Prima Dona’s long black hair flow from behind, though there was no breeze. “It’s just that……most of the ones I loved—they have either betrayed me or have made me angry in some way that I’ve stopped loving them.”
“Both people and pokemon,” said Barry, looking into her eyes. she wasn’t looking down at him, but staring out at the lush blooming area around them.
Prima Dona nodded. “Both people and pokemon.” She turned and struck her spear at one of the red fruit from the nearest tree. She held the fruit on the end of her spear, and stood it upright, so that Barry could get a better look at it. it was nothing like an apple. The juice that leaked from it was red and gooey, and the skin seemed to be turning brown already, around the part where Prima Dona had stabbed it.
“This is known as Gaiyah’s fruit,” said Prima Dona rashly. Ghastleon was hissing and glaring up at the fruit as if it were an enemy pokemon, ready to attack it. Chiba hovered behind it, eying it closely. The fruit was almost its exact size. “It’s called a Gaiyah apple. You must watch out for these things. They can be both good and bad. Some are sweet and so full of taste; some are bitter and rotten to the core. Some are good for you with nourishment that can cure the most deadly sickness nothing else can cure, and some are so poisonous, one bite can cause a fever within a few minutes, killing you within an hour.”
Barry made a face at the fruit, wincing as strange bubbles started to fizz as the red juice dripped down Prima Dona’s spear, thickening around it. “Wow. I bet this one’s a poisonous one. How can you tell?”
“You don’t,” hissed Prima Dona. “You don’t find out unless you take a risk and eat it. that’s why so many are growing on these trees, no matter what time of year. Thankfully, the longer they stay, the older they will get to just rot away and literally disappear.” Prima Dona banged the bottom of her spear to the ground, and the fizzing stopped. The fruit turned to ice and broke off into little glass pieces, dissolving and disappearing into the grass. Ghastleon sniffed curiously at where they had disappeared.
Barry huffed. “Wow. Must be pretty weird having all this fruit growing around you, but you can’t be sure what will happen if you eat some.”
“Just warning you if you get hungry while wandering around here. I don’t wanna see you with a fever or anything when I see you later on. And be careful with the spirits also. This is a place for anyone’s memories to come alive, where any unforgotten beings may flourish.”
Barry looked around him. “I just wanna stay here forever,” he was smiling. “This atmosphere is so sweet and welcoming! You sure you’re gonna let me run off for a while and go wherever I want?”
“I’ll find you, trust me. I can sense your spirit like a psychic. Don’t worry, you won’t get lost here. I’ve got bones to pick with my own memories as well, and some of it won’t look pretty.” She gave him a dangerous glare and then smiled again. “You really don’t want to see me at my rage. I’ve been so kind to you lately.”
Barry laughed nervously. “Oh, I’d love to see you in action any day. It doesn’t matter whether it’s from anger or anything.”
Prima Dona gave him a nudge on the shoulder. “You go and enjoy your own memories. This is the place where you can litereally walk with the ones that have been on your mind since the day they had passed away. this is where they are literally alive and seen by EVERYONE here. this is where you can enjoy what you can with them. Go, enjoy yourself. And by the time I’m finished with my little business, I shall bring you back to this very river where we will be heading out again.”
Barry met Prima Dona’s gaze, letting himself fall into the beautiful cold color of her eyes again, which were a clear silver kind of color now. then he smiled and nodded. “Thanks Prima Dona. And I won’t end up like the others who have loved you….and then betrayed you. I won’t let you down.”
And behind him, Chibu gave a tiny gasp. Chiba gave the yellow pokemon a nudge, smiling with wickedness. It was the same thing Paul had said the last time he had seen Prima Dona.

The air was as fresh as Barry had ever imagined. All around him, there were lush rolling hills and meadows where different pokemon pranced around and chased playfully after each other. the rushing water fell from the large cliff next to him, and he felt like he was in a world of pokemon heaven.
“So this must be what heaven feels like,” he said happily. There probably was a better place though. This place was only where the ones remembered would go. There was probably a real, much better place where EVERYONE went when they died, whether they were forgotten or not. All the same, he felt like he was in the happiest place of his life. He wished he had his pokemon with him so he could take them out and share the goodness with them.
But Chibu was with him, at least. Before Prima Dona had left, taking her Ghastleon and Chiba with her, she had let Barry keep an eye on Chibu and make sure it didn’t leave his sight. Barry gave the little yellow pokemon a smile, not wanting to think about its importance of what it can do to Prima Dona. He wanted to have fun. And from the look on the pokemon’s eyes, it did too.
“Come on, Chibu! Race ya down this hill!” He shot forwards, Chibu dashing right by his shoulder, crying happy squeak.
“Chiiii!” Barry had forgotten how cute the little pokemon looked when it was happy.
He and Chibu chased after a flock of Starly, feeling hyped up and excited, wanting to grab one of the pokemon and fly away with them. He stopped and took a better look around him. he realized there were strange tall figures in the trees around him, some peeking through the branches, and then disappearing. He looked over to where the river had followed him, and caught one of the figures staring at him, before disappearing under the water. She was a ghostly long haired lady, and had no color to her entire body, even on her eyes or clothes. She met his gaze for about two seconds, and then slowly sank herself underneath the running water.
Barry stared at her curiously before she disappeared. The look in her translucent eyes seemed inviting and intent, as if trying to tell him to follow her. Barry felt the strange urge to walk up to the river, and peer into the water. He kneeled down to where she had disappeared, and gazed into the water. It was as clear and clean as can be, and he could see the sand and plants that grew underneath. But there was no sign of the ghostly figure. Barry wondered......it was probably a spirit of someone who had died back in his own world—someone who was still kept alive by memories of the ones who had loved her. He looked around, hoping he could find the Shinx his dad used to have, or his grandmother. They, too, have also been kept alive by his memory and feelings. He had dreamt about them almost most of the time.
Suddenly, something rustled in the bushes at the other end of the river. Barry looked up and saw a spark of electricity. Chibu hovered over to his side, staring curiously. “Chi….”
“It could be the Shinx,” muttered Barry. He stood up, and watched as something flashed out of the bushes towards the rocks by the cave next to another small waterfall. The pokemon was a blue blur when it ran, with a sparkle of electricity as it disappeared behind a large rock near the cliff of the small trickling waterfall.
“Yep, I bet that’s Shinx,” said Barry. He carefully stepped over the stepping stones, though he didn’t fear having to fall into this water. It was probably as warm and refreshing a running brook can be, and he felt like he could do anything without watching his every move, and still feel safe. Chibu followed him with caution, uttering little noises to remind him to still be careful.
Barry peered around the rock. “Nothing here….” he glanced at the hole next to the waterfall. Something was sparking. He entered the cave, and looked to the right where a blue pokemon sat with its back turned towards him. It was not a Shinx. The pokemon was the obvious shape of a Pikachu, sitting upright with its head looking down as it washed its face with its front hands.
Barry let out a gasp of amazement. The Pikachu was blue. “Whoa! It—it’s a BLUE Pikachu!”
The startled pokemon whipped around to face Barry, standing on all fours. It lowered its head and frowned. “Pika…..” Its Cheeks were a dark navy color rather than red, and its body was a light sky blue. It started sparking again, ready to release electricity.
“No! wait!” Barry held out his hands, trying to calm the pokemon. Chibu hovered around, signaling the Pikachu to stay calm. “Wha—how are you blue? Are you….are you from MY world?” It can’t be. Not even a rare Pikachu would be blue. It was just impossible. This pokemon was obviously born from this dimension, not a dead spirit from his own world.
“Pika….” The Pikachu calmed down as if understanding his words. It sat up on two feet again, closing its eyes and slightly bowing its head. Then it dashed passed Barry and jumped into the water, swimming away like a water-jet.
“Hey, wait!” Barry called, immediately following it.
“Chi!” Chibu dashed after him.
Barry followed the river to where the water formed different paths, leading to different parts of what looked like a strange, beautiful garden place. Barry looked around him and saw that he was in a quieter place where nothing but grass, a few trees bearing the Gaiyah fruit, and bodies of water were present. Just a distance in front of him, a large fountain was running, stacking three layers of gray carved stone where water trickled from the top. The center of the stacks was the picture of a strange carving of a pokemon Barry couldn’t make out clearly.
The blue Pikachu suddenly hopped out from the bottom of the fountain, shaking itself. “Pika!” It called happily.
Barry gasped and quickly ran up to it. “Hey--”
But the Pikachu hopped up high, bounding onto the next layer of the fountain, and then hopped to the third one, disappearing into the small pool of water up at the top.
“No!” Barry stomped his foot with frustration. He gave Chibu a frown. “I bet it’s gonna appear in a body of water at the other side of the mountain now?”
“Chiii….”
“What is this place anyway?” Barry looked around. the place seemed dead silently, though at the same time, he could feel the heartbeat of life around him. the trees were alive, the water was clean, and the only real noise was the trickling fountain in front of him.
He looked up at the top of the fountain. A pole struck out from the center of the bottom part of the fountain, holding up the other two stacks above it. He could now see the pokemon that was carved on the pole near the top where Pikachu had disappeared. Barry widened his eyes with astonishment. There were three of them, all carved in upright positions, their hands clasped together. The three pokemon were none other than Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Barry slowly looked down at the last stack, where the pole held up the first largest pool of water in front of him. what he saw on the bottom one surprised him a little more. He had never seen the pokemon here. But from the looks of it, it looked fierce and deadly-- it looked like a combination of Dialga and the monstrous form of Giratina, along with what looked like extra claws growing along its back, some actually looking like plants. Overall, it resembled some kind of dragon pokemon, looking like a mixture of all the other types combined. The pokemon looked ugly and powerful, and it scared Barry glance at it any longer. He quickly met Chibu’s gaze with narrow eyes.
“What in the world…” He whispered, shaking his head.
“Chi….” Chibu replied calmly, and Barry knew. The pokemon was Gaiyah, a mere carving of it around the very fountain in the heart of the Garden of Spirits. The beings of Uxie, Mespirt, and Azelf had some kind of connection with it as well.
Barry gazed up at them again. while the feeling of pain and overpowering astonishment came from staring at the carving of Gaiyah, the feeling Barry got from the Three Beings was uprising, calm, and steady. Barry almost felt as if the carvings were coming to life.
“Dream, Barry….” The voices echoed all around him, both from his head and in the garden he was srurrounded by. “Dream……dream of your life……..of our life…….of the world of pokemon…….both in……and both out…..”
Chibu settled on Barry’s shoulder, cooing a calm, “Chi…..”
Barry found himself slowly getting to his knees, trying to keep himself awake. “You sure…?” He uttered sleepily, trying to focus at the carvings of Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. He suddenly collapsed onto the green grass, feeling the warmth and hearing the heartbeat of the region within. He fell into a deep sleep.
Barry was back in a familiar place. The aroma wafted through his nose of a garden, but he wasn’t in the Garden of Spirits. The place was a lush valley of flowers, and he was surrounded by endless sights of tall mountains and vast lands. He recognized this place. He was in the Flower Paradise, near the borders of Sinnoh. He recalled visiting this place once before, with his own pokemon and Ash Ketchum long ago.
It was one of the happiest times of his life. The Flower Paradise had been entrancing. He caught sight of his Empoleon, just a distance away.
“Empoleon!” He shouted, running towards his old partner. He and his pokemon both hugged each other tightly, and Barry looked around, seeing all his other pokemon peeking from the grasses and flowers here and there, hiding behind the trees.
Then he caught sight of an old friend standing next to a tall tree. A Pikachu stood by his side. It was Ash Ketchum, gazing at him with an eager, determined look on his face.
“Ash!” Called Barry with surprise. Pretty soon, he found himself running along a trail, with Ash by his side. The trail lead up to a strange mountain, none other than Mt. Coronet. Pretty soon, Lucas was suddenly up to his other side, and on Lucas’s other side, was Dawn. They were all determined, ready and excited to reach the top. Barry felt the same surge of exhilaration as he was surrounded by all his friends again.
But then he slowed down, realizing something was missing. His expression faltered. Kaira wasn’t here. where was Kaira? One of his closest friends was missing, and it didn’t feel right.
“Guys…..wait!” He yelled, coming to a full stop. Everyone else ran on, and then suddenly stopped, looking back at him. Pikachu, who had been running at Ash’s heels, glanced with concern.
“Pika?”
“What’s wrong, Barry?” Said Ash.
Barry panted, suddenly feeling strange. He leaned on his knees. The air around him started to feel different and the mountain suddenly seemed to have stretched even farther away. “Someone….! Has someone seen…..KAIRA!” He gave out a cough and then collapsed to his side.
“Barry!” Dawn’s startled voice cried.
“Guys….look!” Lucas gasped.
Barry’s vision spun, and when he came into focus, he saw a strange shape of a pokemon hovering in front of him. but then he flinched with concern. This was no pokemon. It was….a mere shape of blurriness, about four feet tall and a foot wide. But it was flat and shiny, like a rectangle-shaped disk. It was like a flat surface of a broken television that was crackled and on the wrong mode, making a strange buzzing noise as the strange blurry gray colors flashed along the shape.
“Pika-piiii…” Pikachu was staring at the shape with astonishment.
Barry was lying on his cheek, and he faced the shape with a narrowed, weak expression. He felt as if the thing was draining the energy out of him. it was like a broken TV trying to zap the force from him to repower or something, Barry thought. But something about this thing reminded Barry of a pokemon. Perhaps it WAS pokemon, but it had been shut down and broken into pieces, and was slowly trying to find its way back…….Barry didn’t know what to think. He felt the shocking power of the blurriness come closer towards him, and he felt his head whirring and dying off.
“Barry!” Voices of his friends echoed through his mind before his entire vision went blurry like the shape. A light blasted in front of him and a two strange human figures appeared in front of his vision.
“Barry!” Whispered a female voice he had never heard of. The figure to the right let out a hand. “Hurry…….we can save you.”
Barry found himself grabbing the hand, and immediately, his body appeared again through the state of blurriness. “What?!” he sputtered in confusion. “What the hell’s going on?!”
The figure to the left spoke. The man sounded strangely familiar. “You are being overtaken. Your body is close to becoming lost in a state of confusion. You are being attacked y the being of Missingno.”
Barry gasped. “Theodore!” It was Kaira’s father speaking.
“Come….” The female voice spoke. “We must save you…..” and she pulled him further in, away from the blurriness and painful gray colors.

Lucas looked around him with wonder. They had been traveling for days now, and had finally come to a strange region of Lluyan, a place where the dreams are said to have come alive.
“This is the place where the dreamworld is,” said Delaine. “It’s like falling asleep back in your dimension, and then when you have a dream, it really takes place here. this region contains the strangest and most vivid of all spirits.”
Dawn raised her eyebrows. “Wow. So does everything come true here? I mean—if I were to suddenly dream up a pokemon that would fly me to the moon or somewhere, it would really happen here?”
“Well, yes. But it doesn’t mean it’s permanent. See, all around this planet of Gaiyah, anything that takes place in your world is contributed to this world somehow. If you think you’re a pokemon, and that belief is truly unstoppable and very strong, then it shall come to life here, as a spirit of you as a pokemon. But dreams, on the other hand, if they are just normal nighttime dreams that you have randomly every night, those just take place in this particular region.”
“Basically, they just come and go,” said Seth. “It will become true as long as you’re asleep and dreaming it on to keep it alive and happening in this place, but once you awaken, you’re pretty much leaving this world where your dream was taking place, waking up back in your own dimension where you were sleeping.”
Delaine nodded. “But! The only way to keep it alive is to keep it in your memory so that you let yourself dream up that certain dream over and over again, until it truly becomes part of this world and a real live spirit that has entered through the portals between the dimensions. That’s how most of the spirits in this planet are formed. They start by being created by dreams of another dimension, coming to life into this region and eventually becoming stronger and more alive as the person keeps on dreaming. This is the other side of your world, on a very different and faraway dimension, where the pokemon Gaiyah roams.”
Kaira was suddenly at Lucas’s side, her eyes gazing out ahead of her. “But there’s a problem. The portals that lead to the fifth dimension have always been blocked. Spirits can come in, but they can’t get out. Unless they came by dreams, they can leave through those dreams, simply by being forgotten.”
Lucas looked at her. she seemed to be gaining more knowledge about this world every day. Each time Lucas looked at her, she seemed to be drifting farther and farther away from them, lost in her own little world of memories and the past of her own world. “So then…..” Dawn started to speak to her, “……since we’ve entered this dimension through the portal, we aren’t able to leave or anything?”
“No,” replied Kaira distantly. “We were taken here by Chibu, and since Chibu is one of the three messengers, it’s the only few pokemon that are able to pass through the portals. That’s why they are seeking Dovanna…..somehow it’s broken through the portals and it may just be that the portals are weakening so that beings are able to come through to this world.”
Lucas and Dawn glanced at each other with interest.
“What Kaira says might actually be true,” said Delaine seriously.
Karia blinked slowly. The environment felt so full of energy and mountainous hills all around that Lucas thought it even made Kaira look like she was ready to express her strength. “If Dalyah is to be restored together with Ultramaur, it must be done in this very dimension. Gaiyah must not come alive back in ours, or any of the other dimensions. The whole reason why this world was created was because of Gaiyah itself.”
Suddenly, Lucas stepped over a hole and flinched back as it let out a puff of hot smoke.
Delaine raised her eyebrows. “Careful. This place is known for strange things happening outta nowhere. Remember—this is the place of dreams, so anything can be dreamt up.”
Dawn huffed and put a hand on Lucas’s head. Lucas felt a pang of sadness. If only he were a boy. He really didn’t feel the same next to Dawn….as an Infernape. But he tried to look on the bright side. She did seem to be taking in more notice of him than she used to. she seemed to feel bad for him and slightly become watchful and protective about him.
“I guess our goal is to get to those higher mountains in the north?” Said Dawn, frowning ahead of them. “This place scares me. And I hope I don’t accidently walk into one of my parents’ dreams. I bet they’ve dreamt of me every night to come back to them!”
Seth laughed. “Don’t worry! If you happen to make it true so that you find them again, fight back with it and escape! It’s just a dream, so you could say or do anything you want to them. it’s not like they’ll help you escape this dimension or anything.”
Dawn narrowed her eyes. “What if they truly believe in it? What if it does get stronger than the force that holds us to this place, and eventually, we find ourselves back at home suddenly?”
“It won’t get stronger,” said Kaira. “People may believe in their dreams, but it takes a lot more than just a strong belief for them to actually make it come true AND break the portals to the fifth dimension.”
Lucas let out a low growl. He watched a strange looking pokemon that seemed to look like a Burmy crawl through the arches of rocks nearby.
They traveled on, discussing strange dreams. Seth made up some humorous stories of a pokemon suddenly being dreamt up to take them all to a planet of aliens. He joked and scared Dawn how he would believe in that dream every night so that it could come true.
They came to the end of a rocky cliff that arched up and down ahead of them. Bridges were made over and under each other, leading to the other side of what seemed like a deep ravine.
Dawn chuckled. “Pretty wacko stuff here.”
Delaine was wincing. “Hey….across is the Valley of Stones. That place has been deserted and empty for years. Why would Chibo be heading this way towards north?”
“This isnt north,” the gasp came from Kaira. She had stopped walking, her eyes full of shock and disbelief.
Everyone stopped to look at her. “Say what?” Said Seth.
Kaira slowly shook her head. “I’ve just got a message from Chibu……finally. We aren’t heading north. This is south. We are in the right region, but the paths we’ve taken lead south. We are far from Phandolia’s mountain right now.”
Delaine stomped her foot and threw out her pokeball. “I knew it!” She yelled. Her Ninetales popped out of its pokeball and blew out a rage of smoke. “We’re not really following Chibo, are we?”
Kaira shook her head, narrowing her eyes. “Whatever that blue light is….it’s not Chibo. I’ve been warned that something peculiar is luring us to the south.”
Lucas started jumping up and down. “It’s the devil Chibo! Devil Chibo!” He cried, though he knew everything he said only came out in Infernape calls.
Only Chimchar understood him. “What?! Chibo! Are you sure?”
Delaine and Seth turned to face Lucas. “What’s with you?” Said Seth. “We haven’t gone too far yet. we can just turn back and try to head north.”
Delaine groaned. “We need to follow CHIBO though! Heading towards Phandolia’s mountain on our own won’t do. we have to find Chibo and follow it to the right place up there! The mountain’s as huge as half this region!”
Lucas huffed. “If only you can understand me!” He yelled deliberately. “Chibo spoke to me the other night and told me to follow the North Star until it shines directly over our heads! We just need to look for the North Star!”
Chimchar met his gaze. “I’m good at making them see what we’re tryin’ to say. Want me to tell ‘em?”
Suddenly, something shot over them like a jet, and Lucas and the others nearly lost their balance.
“Oh my gosh, what was that?” Gasped Dawn.
Delaine clutched onto her Ninetales. “Who knows? The only places safe here from getting attacked by random occurrences is by hiding in Strata Grotto rocks. They’re sparkling silver like those against the cliff.” Delaine pointed over to where a cave opened in the cliff to their right.
Suddenly, something flashed over their heads again and Lucas looked up to see what he thought was a Flygon or a Salamence, but then he widened his eyes in shock. It was a Starly—the size of a six-foot tall dragon pokemon. It landed on the top of the cliff above the cave.
Dawn and Kaira both flinched. Dawn was staring up with shock. “Oh my...what in HECK is that Starly--”
“Might I remind you?!” Screamed Delaine, suddenly grabbing Seth’s hand. “Run!”
Instantly, the Starly took flight and hovered above them, flapping its large wings and creating a force of wind over them.
Lucas and Chimchar ran over to a tree to avoid the strong gust of wind. But as Chimchar climbed up the tree first, Lucas whipped his head around. “Wait! Dawn!”
Dawn and Kaira were headed towards the left of the ravine, trying to fight against the wind against them. the Starly blinked its large curious eyes and let out a loud tweet, swooping down and extending its feet to grab at them. Dawn and Kaira ducked and avoided the grasp, and Lucas hurried over to save them.
“Dawn! Over here!” He cried, holding on to a nearby tree branch and holding out an arm towards Dawn. She lifted her head form the ground and met his gaze with shock. Kaira wasn’t next to her.
As soon as Dawn took his hand, Chimchar leaped above him and landed on her shoulder. “Lucas! You can fght this giant monster! Use your awesome power with fire!”
Lucas remembered how powerful of an Infernape he was. he looked up at the Starly with challenging eyes, and then blew out a huff of flames, and instantly, the place blew up with a bust of fire and shaking energy that sent Lucas and Dawn rolling over the shaking ground. A tree that was caught on fire fell over and fell on Lucas with a blast of burning redness in his eyes before he blacked out.

The lonely waves of the Murgrou Beach were quiet and calm. The water was moving upon the sand so slow that Paul wouldn’t have even noticed it if he wasn’t looking forward. The night was purple and dark, and even at the crack of dawn, the sun still didn’t seem to peek through the horizon. He was all the way near Murgrou City, a place where strange dark and ghost type activity took place within both the people and the pokemon. Team Solar were investigating the connection the ghost types could have with the wandering dark spirits.
He wandered over to the side of the cliff where the public restrooms were. The showers were in front of the doors by the brick walls, and one to the right was dripping noisily. Paul winced and shut it off. The handle was wet and surprisingly warm. Paul shivered. He really did feel cold, and the weather had been chilly for the past few days as Team Solar neared the north.
He and Dionza had been discussing plans on their journey to the north. It was where the three beings were headed, and it was where the mystic pokemon Phandolia itself was headed. Thoughts about Dionza sparked him and made him feel intrigued. She was amazing….and his type. She really had him focused when he saw how much she liked to flirt with those new pirate jerks she had hired.
A crash suddenly sounded on the other side of the brick wall. Paul heard the shower on the other side turn on and then immediately turn off. Paul narrowed his eyes. Now was his chance to capture another strayed human or pokemon for Team Solar. He took out his psi blade Dionza had given to him. one stab could let any being go unconscious and easily prone to the spirits of darkness at night. And the moon was still out and full.
Paul crept to the other side, keeping an eye out for anyone hiding. He stopped, and then slowly took a few steps back.
Paul bumped into someone and the both of them yelled in surprise. paul whipped around and struck out his psi knife, and barely missed the human behind him by an inch. He then widened his eyes in shock as he realized the person…..was Dawn. She had ducked out of his aim and had slipped, falling on her bottom. She was looking up at him like a lost little girl, and Paul just stood there, frozen. His mind had gone blank.
“Paul!” Breathed Dawn.
He noticed a bleeding cut on the right side of her forehead. The wound seemed new, and the rest of her face was covered in dirt and drops of water as if she had fallen into a puddle. Her hair, which she had always kept so neatly brushed and shiny, was a mess and tangled as if she had been through a storm. Paul winced. The area had been as still as death lately, and he couldn’t imagine what couldlve happened to her—unless she was attacked by something.
Paul slipped his knife back in his pocket, turning away. he couldn’t kill her even now, not in this state. “Just leave.” He muttered. He didn’t even bother helping her up. “You’re distracting me from my business.”
Dawn sighed and stood herself up. “I’m not trying to distract you in any way.” She said calmly. “Paul…..the only things distracting you….is Team Solar and—and Prima Dona.”
Paul stopped and looked down. He said nothing and cursed silently in his head. He could be killing her right now like he was supposed to, but he just couldn’t. he squeezed his eyes shut and then opened them again. “What the heck are you doing here anyway?”
Dawn was silent for a moment, and then spoke carefully. “Well……I was just off in the region of….of Lluyan. It’s a region of….dreams.”
Paul turned to meet her gaze. He suddenly noticed how her eyes hadn’t changed from their shocked, crazed expression. They weren’t just shocked—they were dazed and faraway, as if she were blind and staring into another place. Paul had heard of the region of Lluyan. “You’re dreaming, aren’t you?”
Dawn gasped and stepped back. Her eyes stayed the same, unblinking lost stare. “I am…..but it feels so real. Paul…..this is happening for real, isn’t it? when I close my eyes and dream, I enter another world where I’m awake and doing certain things in my dreams. But…..it’s coming true, isn’t it?”
Paul narrowed his eyes. “The region of Lluyan …..isn’t that only where dreams from the other dimensions go to? you’d have to be asleep and dreaming back on earth in our world, in order to come awake and arrive to that region.”
Dawn nodded slowly. “Unless….unless this is none other than a normal dream. I’m probably just passed out again….and just having another dream that I’m—with YOU for some reason.” She looked down, and if her eyes weren’t so clouded and blank, Paul would’ve expected her to be wincing with confusion.
But Paul suddenly felt a longing sense of sympathy. He looked at her, and realized how much he had missed her. “You’re not dreaming anything fake,” he said calmly, stepping towards her. “Trust me…..I am as real as I can get. I can feel myself as the real live being I am……or at least what I’m becoming.” A pang of regret shot through him. Dawn looked up and met his eyes. He stared back down at hers. “You may be dreaming, but if you are, you have awakened in another place, a truly real place, and you’re awake and living in your dream right here, still in the fifth dimension, still on the planet of Gaiyah.”
Dawn backed away. “But—but how is that possible? Dreams only come to life HERE if you’re from ANOTHER dimension! Am…am I dead?”
Paul clenched his teeth and frowned. “No, you’re not dead,” he said seriously. “The only thing that’s supposed to kill you….is me.” He took out his psi knife. He had to get this over with. If Dawn was really sleeping somewhere else, far away across this planet, and this body was just a mere illusion of her spirit living in her dream at the moment, then he could kill off her spirit, and she could die in her sleep. At least it was less painful that killing her for real, and in front of everyone else who had trusted him. He stepped forward and neared her.
Dawn looked at him, her eyes still dazed, yet there was a glint of fear that changed her expression. She gasped and backed away, and stopped as she hit a wall behind her. Paul was in front of her, and she was trapped. His eyes glinted through the moonlight, and his psi knife shone in his right hand.
Dawn was slowly breathing. “I’m not scared……I’m not scared.” She was speaking calmly to herself. “It’s just a normal old dream, and when I die, I will awaken alive back where I was at the Kaiyar region, hopefully with Lucas and the others….”
Paul raised his eyebrows. She still thought this was just a normal old dream, one that wasn’t coming to life in another place and that when she did wake up after he killed her, she would really be dead—never even finding a way to wake up. he lowered his knife and gazed into her eyes with a glare. “Dawn……you’re not just dreaming.” He slowly let go of his knife. It hit the ground with a single clatter that echoed through the walls of the shower area. He slowly brought himself closer to her, grabbed her face, his hands holding her by the cheeks. She felt cold as snow. Dawn’s eyes slightly widened with awe, and then slowly calmed, blinking sleepily. Paul slightly bent over, and gave her a single kiss on her head, making it long enough so that she had time to notice how real the kiss was, and that she really was right here, right now, with him.
Paul suddenly found himself lost in the daze of his kiss. Though her hair was probably dirty as a bird’s nest, he still felt like he could smell the sweet scent of her soul and spirit so close to him. the world seemed to spin around him, and Paul found himself becoming dizzy, until the spin became real, and the wind blew around him like a small tornado. He gave a gasp and fell to the ground, landing on his side, and blinked his eyes shut a couple times. He opened them and looked around him, seeing no sign of Dawn anymore. Her spirit must have vanished. She must have woken up on the other side of the world.

Lucas blinked his eyes open, and found himself tangled in branches of sticky leaves and oozing purple sap. “Ugh….what in the world….?” He felt dizzy as ever, and for a moment, the world almost looked like it was literally running around him. He looked around. his back was stuck against the branch, sticking to the gross purple stuff.
“Ew! Gross!” Complained Chimchar.
Lucas looked up and saw Chimchar in the branch above. He was stuck and plastered with some of the purple.
“Ugh! What in the world happened after you spit fire at that giant Starly?” Chimchar yelled. “Did the world throw up or something?”
Lucas winced and cursed as he snapped his back off from sticking to the branch. “I have no idea. But whatever happened, we ended up all the way over here. and from the looks of it, we’re still in the stupid region of ‘dreamworld.’” He recognized some sparkling colored rocks in the distance, just right next ot the cliff to their left. He looked around. “Where’s Dawn?”
He heard her voice faint from below.
“Oh……uh……what happened?” She murmured.
“Shh…….dont be scared. You’re just waking up. I’ll help you here,” a strange familiar voice sounded.
Lucas tried to peer through the annoyingly stick branches, and looked down to try and get a glimpse of Dawn and the strange person who was talking to her.
Dawn gasped quietly. “Oh no….it can’t be. It’s you.”
Lucas peered closer, and then widened his eyes with shock. Dawn was lying near the trunk of the tree—and the person that kneeled by her side, was Riley.

Kaira ran through the trees and over the rivers of the strange region. Despite her fear of being chased by a giant Starly, she was still able to notice the strange plants that grew around the area—some trees had blue leaves and some parts of the grass had turned a sick, purplish color.
Kaira stopped and hid behind a tall cliff as she jumped over another river. She panted, and waited a few seconds. She turned to look back. The giant Starly seemed to have disappeared.
She turned back and closed her eyes, heaving out a sigh. She looked around. Dawn, Lucas, Delaine, Seth, and Chimchar were all gone. She had lost them. Kaira narrowed her eyes in frustration and angrily kicked a pebble ahead of her. the moment when Dawn was finally out of her hair for a while—it was the wrong time. Kaira was starting to feel a little proud of herself. Throughout their journey, since Barry had gone missing, she had gotten used to Dawn and experienced what it was like to get along with her. and perhaps Dawn had also opened her eyes to see how much of a pretty cool person Kaira herself could be on the inside as well.
But then Kaira sighed and walked forwards, feeling the need to keep herself in motion in a place like this—where dreams literally came alive. The presence of unearthly spirits seemed to flow around her, and every time the wind blew through her hair, she felt like she was walking through another soul’s dream from another world. She had lots on her mind. First, she thought about Barry, and how he could be doing—while he was under Prima Dona’s grasp. Ever since Chibu had managed to tell her that Barry was becoming more and more intrigued in that evil witch, Kaira felt more and more drawn away from him. She wondered how much he ever thought of her—or Dawn.
With the little information Chibu had been giving her, it seemed as if Barry had entered a strange part of the region, known as the Garden of Spirits. Chibu hadn’t been able to explain much, but Kaira was told that it was somewhat similar to the region of Lluyan. It was where the dead spirits of the other dimensions went to for the rest of their peaceful life, if they were somehow kept in the memory of anyone. Kaira thought of her mom—for she recalled many times of her father reminding her about how her mother had died of a strange sickness that only went around in Johto, and he had taken her all the way to live in Sinnoh so that they could never lose each other again in a sickness like that. strangely, Kaira knew she could never truly remember anything of her past. She didn’t even exactly remember her mother, though she had seen many pictures of her. But she didn’t feel like she had even known her enough to feel a connection with her so that she would keep her spirit alive when she died.
“Kaira…” whispered a voice in her head.
Kaira stopped walking and looked ahead of her with surprised eyes. “Chibu!” She gasped in her thoughts. She looked around, realizing the area she was in had changed from a strange, dreamy-like kind of place that blossomed with never-before-seen plants, to a deep, ancient and earthly environment where nothing grew and the ground was covered in dark brown rocks where dead, bare trees grew. There were bones of pokemon here and there, and boiling magma flowed through the dead bodies, erupting from strange holes that oozed a bubbling lava.
“Don’t fear……you are in the ancient part of Lluyan—this is like the lower part of the spirit world where the oldest dreams find their way. dreams can be created, and kept alive by memory and belief—but they can also get old as well and start to drear off. When they are brought to life, and then slowly become forgotten, this is like the place where they disintegrate, either mentally or physically.”
“That explains these strange leftovers and fossils then,” said Kaira. “So how’s Barry? Has….has he found anything in the Spirit Garden?”
Chibu took a while to answer. But then suddenly its voice exploded in Kaira’s head so loud that she flinched and closed her eyes shut, wincing.
“Chibu?!” She said aloud.
“Kaira! I’m coming! You won’t believe it! Kaira…I’m coming!”
Kaira opened her eyes with a frown and Chibu’s sudden outburst.
But suddenly, a gap of bright light exploded in the air just a few feet in front of her. The light was blinding, and Kaira strained her eyes and backed away, gazing at the two figures that stepped out of the light towards her. from behind, another figure appeared, and as it came to sight, she realized it was Barry.
Kaira gasped. “Barry!” She cried.
His eyes were dazed and lost for a moment, as if he had just risen from the dead. But suddenly, Chibu appeared hovering above his head with its cute smile on its face.
Barry blinked his eyes and put a hand on his forehead, looking down and squeezing his eyes shut.
Kaira stood there with awe, and then couldn’t help herself. She ran towards Barry and threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly and closing her eyes. “Barry……I thoughtI’d never SEE you again!” Her voice was breathless and relieved. She felt her heart pound even more when he slowly stood upright and hugged her back.
“I—I had the STRANGEST dream…” he was panting and sounding dazed as well.
“Chiiii!” Chibu squealed happily and threw itself higher in the air, swirling down to circle around Kaira, glowing a shining yellow light with glee.
Kaira opened her eyes and smiled happily at Chibu, and then let Barry go, staring into his eyes. for a moment, he seemed to look calm and happily relieved to see her, and she felt her heart burst with a new pang of excitement.
But then Chibu hovered over behind him, and the two figures that had stepped out of the light with them suddenly became clearer.
Kaira’s expression faltered, and Barry raised his eyebrows, turning to look behind at what she was staring at over his shoulder.
The figure to the left was a tall mad with a dark brown leather jacket, with dark gray hair and a mustache. To his right was a pretty, pale-skinned lady in a blue and white thin dress and a flowery, expensive-looking hat. But Kaira was focused on the man to the left. She couldn’t catch her breath. He was none other than her own father back at Sinnoh.
Kaira let out a quiet gasp. “D-dad…”
Barry was staring at him with the same look of awe. “Mr. Flockheart! Wha--? Are you….are you dreaming or something? This can’t be real—you’re none other than another spirit of yourself in this dimension, right?”
“Chiii….” Murmured Chibu, staring intently at the couple.
Mr. Flockheart was gazing at Kaira with an understanding look. “My dear….Kaira. So you’ve found yourself back to your own world, haven’t you? Where you belong.”
Kaira was slowly shaking her head. “What are you talking about? I mean……yes, I am from this place—the fifth dimension…..but how do you know?”
The lady stepped forward. “Parents know, child.” She had a calm, beautiful voice. She was somewhat like Prima Dona in a way—only the exact opposite, and the good, angelic version of her. “We have a lot to tell you.”
Kaira met the lady’s blue eyes. “You……you’re my mother, aren’t you?”
The lady closed her eyes and gave a single nod. “But we are here to tell you something. Something you must know of your past—and something that can help you in your future. I am Eleanor Flockheart, and I was married to your father, Theodore. Because I have passed away, I was kept alive by his memories of me, and his misery and hope for me to come back to him one day was what kept my spirit alive in this world, where I can live peacefully in another dimension in which can only be seen on the other side of the fifth portal. I could visit your father in his dreams, and together, we can really be together in the place of the Spirit Garden, where I can thrive eternally and he can see me in his dreams and hopes to be with me again. You, on the other hand, come in a more complicated way to explain….for you really don’t have much to do with us, like you’ve been told.”
Theodore nodded. “Kaira, we have come from the Spirit Garden to visit you in the region of dreams, where we can take you back to your real past with us, based off of our own memories.”
“So why are YOU here?” Kaira asked her father. “You didn’t…..die, did you?”
Theodore closed his eyes. “That answer will come to you as we explain our presence and the real reason behind your past.”
Barry turned to look at Kaira. “When I met them in the Garden of Spirits, they had saved me from this strange pokemon creature—Missingno. Chibu and I were traveling through my dreams together, and then this strange disk shows up and disrupts my memories. Then these two show up and save me, taking me here all of a sudden!” Barry suddenly looked frustrated. “Man, I just hope by the time Prima Dona--”
“Prima Dona shall not notice what’s been going on of you,” said Eleanor calmly. “Now…..take my hand, both of you. I shall show you both back to the life Kaira had lived—the life she has never remembered or truly believed in.”
kaira hesitated as her mother let out a pale, ghostly-like hand towards her and Barry. She gave Chibu a glance, wondering what would come of her if she saw her real past—and what she would think of the truth. Chibu gave an encouraging nod. Kaira and Barry looked at each other and then both took Eleanor’s hand, and a white shine of light glowed from both her parents. Kaira felt a sudden rush of feelings surge through her. Pain, loss, misery, depression, hope, honor, and will, all the feelings she had felt throughout her entire life were coming through her all at once. She closed her eyes and let the force of the dimension take over her.
Kaira opened her eyes, lying on her side on dirt ground. Barry and Chibu were by her side, and there was no sign of her parents. Kaira blinked and looked around. The area was warm. Empty. Deserted. In front of her was a single strip of black road, and it was obvious that Kaira was awake in the middle of nowhere—on the same route to Sinnoh that her dad had taken so long ago when they had first left Johto.
Barry got up and grunted. “Ugh, geez, if I could count how many times I’ve blacked out in the past couple weeks--”
“Barry! Do you realize where we are?” Gasped Kaira, grabbing his arm. “We are home. I mean—we are back in our own dimension, our own planet earth. This is the rout my father and I were driving through to move into Twinleaf. This—this is the only memory I can really truly remember whenever I think back to my own past.”
Barry sat up and met her gaze. “So…you don’t recall anything of your life back in Johto? No wonder you never even liked to talk to me about your past.”
Kaira nodded. “I just knew I was always so unsocial and depressed just like I was in Sinnoh, and that I never liked to be around pokemon. But…all the things I was told about my mother and our old home, I could never remember them as something I’ve truly experienced before.”
“Chiii.” Chibu hovered next to Kaira and she smiled, holding up her hand to let the little pokemon settle down.
“But I’m glad to have found a pokemon like Chibu,” said Kaira softly. “It’s…..it’s too bad I can’t feel the same about other pokemon. There’s just something stupid about me.”
“Hey,” Barry gave her a nudge. “There’s nothing wrong with you. And this is why we’re here to figure out your past. I wonder where your parents went? How are we supposed to figure things out without them?”
“Kaira,” Chibu spoke in her head. “This is the past. You aren’t really back on earth. This is just the illusion of earth in its past. This life has already been lived, and this time has already been done with. The only reason why you can still live in it or be part of it—is because your father and your own memories have remembered it, and have kept it alive importantly so that it can form in the fifth dimension on the planet Gaiyah, so that you can relive it again.”
Kaira widened her eyes. “Can I actually change the past?”
Chibu giggled. “No. It’s not as simple to come to that. This is the life in the past—a mere illusion memory brought to life in the fifth dimension. You can’t change it, since it’s already happened. But you can come back to it and live it again, just like you rethink it and remember it.”
Kaira turned to Barry, and he was staring at Chibu with a slightly wide-eyed intent look on his face. Barry couldn’t hear Chibu’s voice, but from the way he was looking at it, he seemed to be understanding something.
Barry met Kaira’s gaze. “We’re not really back home, are we?”
Kaira shook her head. “We’re in my father’s dream—or memory. This is still the region of Lluyan, the place where dreams are brought to life, and if strong enough, they will become part of the world and live on as real spirits. The memory of my father have been kept strong and unforgotten, he has created it to come alive again in this other dimension. We are here to experience it and see what’s really behind my life…..on earth.”
“Agh! This thing with dreams and spirits! So confusing, it’s like you have to literally be careful what you wish for!” He kicked a pebble, rolling it over to a nearby bush, where a young Hippopotas rustled its way out and gave a yawn.
“Ooh, a Hippopotas!” Said Barry, turning over to Kaira. “Well…..how do you feel? Still scared?”
kaira gave him a wince. But his tone wasn’t teasing. She sighed and took a step forward. Chibu hovered by her side, and she felt its happy smile urging her on. “I…..I don’t know.” She stopped walking. “I guess I’m not that scared…but..”
“Hey! I’ve missed pokemon like these,” said Barry, coming up to her to look down at the Hippopotas. “With all those whacked up pokemon in the fifth, I’ve missed the original forms and abilities of normal pokemon. Hey, buddy, are you lost or something? It’s awfully lonely out here.”
The pokemon didn’t seem to take notice of Barry. It yawned again and slowly walked away.
Barry watched it go. “Huh? Hey, where you--”
“I don’t think it sees us,” said Kaira quickly. “We’re only here to see our past again. We can’t change it. Whatever has happened before can’t be affected by us now. We can only watch it again.”
Chibu nodded. “Chi….”
Barry watched the Hippopotas cross the road to the other side. It looked to its right, sensing an approach in the distance. To their right, a van was heading towards their way, making its way slowly along the lonely road.
Kaira let out a gasp. “That’s my father’s moving van.”
Barry joined her side with a curious look down the road. “That’s you guys?”
Kaira nodded, not taking her gaze off the car. As the van passed by, Kaira was suddenly seeing into her own memory, of her riding in the car right next to her father. She was sitting there, halfheartedly gazing out the window, wanting to fall asleep, but unable to drift off into unconsciousness. She said nothing to her father, and he was the only one to be doing the talking.
“Kaira,” he said finally after a long moment of silence. “When your mom passed away, remember how she said to keep taking good care of yourself, and to always look forward to a better future? Well, they’ve got a lot going on in Sinnoh. I can get a better job and afford more income with the things they provide with pokemon there. I can pay for a better house, and offer you a better future. Please try to understand……I know you have no liking for pokemon, but this can be a good experience for both of us. You’ll learn to love the region of Sinnoh.”
Unfortunately, Kaira never got to explore to much of the region. She didn’t belong there, nor did she belong to Johto, or any other part of the pokemon world on earth. Her memory suddenly whisked away, and her parents’ spirits took her to an even earlier time before this very moment—the time when they had first had her as their child.
“Pay attention, Kaira,” Chibu’s voice echoed in her head as she closed her eyes and let her mind drift off to live in the memory of Theodore.
Kaira knew that she, herself, had never lived on earth her entire life. She was truly born on the planet of Gaiyah, born on the other side of the dimension, in the fifth. The reason behind her appearance to suddenly be a human on earth, living with two parents who had cared for her without an explanation to how she was really created or why she was with them—was about to be revealed.
Theodore and Eleanor had a baby. They’re only daughter they ever wanted to have, after all the pain Eleanor had went to give birth to this child, was named Kyra. They had spelled it with “Y” rather than an “AI” in her name, so that it was read “Kyra,” rather than “Kaira.”
Eleanor held their daughter in her hands. She and Theodore both smiled down at their little child. “Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart,” she murmured. “She will be the apple of our eye forever.”
Kaira’s eyes were unseen in the air of the past. She watched carefully as their daughter grew into a beautiful human child of the earth. She looked just like Kaira herself. Kyra had pale white skin and light brown hair that she always kept down and neatly brushed. She had the same hazel green eyes and very thin figure, and Kaira almost thought she was watching her own reflection.
“Kaira…..she looks exactly like you,” Barry was watching also, his unseen presence in the air right next to Kaira and Chibu.
But then Kaira looked more carefully into their daughter. Kyra resembled everything about Kaira’s looks, but there was something about her eyes. They were the same hazel green, but instead of the clouded, lost and emotional expression that she always portrayed in her eyes, there was a big difference. Kyra’s eyes betrayed a strong, coldhearted glint in them that immediately told Kaira that their real daughter was nothing like her on the inside.
Kyra turned out to be as selfish and rambunctious as a girl could be. As Eleanor and Theodore raised her, she became nothing more than a spoiled, immature brat, and whenever her parents tried to punish her or reason with her, she threw a fit and even physically fought back. By the time Kyra was ten, she was about to get her first pokemon. She had been begging and forcing her parents to finally get her one, and on her tenth birthday, Professor Elm of Johto had offered her a Cyndaquil, a Chikorita, or a Totodile.
Unlike Kaira, Kyra wasn’t scared of pokemon. She was the exact opposite. She loved to control them, and after picking out her first Cyndaquil, she learned to force the little shy pokemon to use all kinds of moves that destroyed her parents’ belongings and her neighbors’ property. Her neighbors had even complained to her parents that if they didn’t keep their daughter under control, they would call the police to arrest both of them.
So they took Kyra’s pokemon away from her, and Kyra grew angry. She snuck away, and stole whatever pokemon she could find in the lab of Professor Elm. She took a handful out in the wild, and forced them to obey all kinds of things she wanted them to do. She found enjoyment out of commanding pokemon, and eventually started torturing them with endless battles and intolerable training. She tortured her Cyndaquil until the poor little pokemon couldn’t take it.
Kaira and Barry couldn’t believe what the pokemon was going through. Whenever it wouldn’t obey, Kyra would give it a kick and scream at it until it reluctantly obeyed. Theodore and Eleanor had tried desperately to calm her down and teach her to train and treat pokemon the right way, but she constantly ignored their advice and called them names. Eleanor and Theodore were helpless. If they tried to punish her, she would only go crazier and force her pokemon to fight back meticulously.
Within several months, Cyndaquil ran away, and they never found it again. Kyra was devastated, but her parents and Professor Elm swore to never lend her another pokemon again. Angry and full of rage, Kyra grew even worse. She didn’t have her pokemon to fight back her parents or destroy anything out of anger, so she just became even more of a trouble to them than they could handle. She was coldhearted and cruel to the kids her age. She was especially mean to her closest neighbors, Jimmy and Kris. She scared away every pokemon other people had, jealous of their bond with their partners. She tortured both her parents pokemon, that some had either run away, or had ended up being given away to keep from anymore pain from Kyra. She was even cruel enough to try and poison a schoolmate’s pokemon before the pokemon managed to escape and fight back.
By the time Kyra was sixteen, she had met a new trainer named Ethan, who was about to choose a Cyndaquil himself. Jealous and conflicted, Kyra poisoned the Cyndaquil right after Ethan had chosen it, sneaking a toxic potion in the pokeball. She didn’t care if she got caught. Professor Elm knew it was her. He couldn’t stand another minute with Kyra around their neighborhood.
Theodore and Eleanor were even thinking of giving up their daughter for adoption.
“We can’t do that,” sighed Eleanor. “It won’t change her. She’ll only become a problem for someone else, and then later on, she’ll come back to haunt us again.”
Eleanor was catching a cold. A sickness was going around the eastern parts of Johto, and some people like Ethan and Silver even started a rumor about how the sickness was caused by Kyra herself somehow.
Eleanor eventually died within a week with the sickness, and Theodore was very devastated. He didn’t know how Kyra felt about the death of her own mother, though she never seemed to portray any sadness or any feeling after Eleanor’s death.
Theodore had finally gotten a mail from the house he had auctioned in Sinnoh. They had accepted him, and they knew nothing about the problems his own daughter would cause. Theodore didn’t care. He wasn’t wanted in Johto anymore. Everyone always kept away from him and Eleanor since they hated their daughter Kyra. He would leave and start a new life in Twinleaf. He packed up all their stuff. He and Kyra left Johto and headed on the road to Sinnoh.
Kyra was strangely quiet in the car. She stared out the window with her usual, angry, intent glare, as if trying to kill anything her eyes looked at with their cold stare.
“Dad, I want a pokemon in Sinnoh,” she finally said, looking at him with a forceful glare.
As Kaira stared at the eyes into her own twin, it felt strange to be looking at a totally different side that she herself had never become. The look of stone-hard coldness in Kyra’s eyes…..Kaira could’ve never imagined herself portraying her own expression that way.
Theodore gave his daughter a glance. “You want a pokemon,” he said in a hard tone. “So you can torture it and poison it the way you do with Cyndaquil and the other pokemon?”
“I need my own pokemon!” She raised her voice in a snappy tone. “You give me my own pokemon, and I’ll whatever the hell I want with it. I haven’t had a pokemon in six years! It’s NOT fair!”
“I’m not going to face the same problem with you and pokemon again,” said Theodore calmly. “You need to learn the true meaning of friendship and loyalty. You have to be loyal to your pokemon, and your pokemon will be loyal to you.”
Kyra rolled her eyes and clenched her teeth, her eyes blazing fire. “Urghhh! I WANT my own pokemon! Can’t you ever ONCE think about your daughter? I never get what I want! You hate me! I wish I had a more reliable and caring father! ARRRRGHHH!” Kyra gave a single rapid bang at her window with her fist, and the window gave a large crack.
Theodore whipped his head to face her side with a look of shock. He swayed around in the car on accident, causing the tires to screech as he tried to straighten out his driving. “Dammit, Kyra! You need to learn to behave yourself. I’ve done nothing but try to love and reason with you. Please.” He blinked slowly to calm himself. “Please. I love you. No matter what you do, you’re still my daughter, and I want what’s best for you--”
“SHUT UP! IF YOU WANT WHAT’S BEST FOR ME YOU’D GIVE ME MY OWN POKEMON AGAIN! I HATE YOU!!” Kyra screamed, grabbing the rearview mirror and throwing it towards her father. Theodore ducked and let the mirror crash out his window, and he suddenly glared with rage. A look of desperation glinted in his eyes, and he stopped the car to a halt.
Kyra looked to her window and then glared at her father. “You stopped in the middle of nowhere.” She hissed. Her eyes grew narrow and she clenched her teeth. “I WANT MY POKEMON IN SINNOH. YOU DON’T GIVE ONE TO ME, I SWEAR---”
Theodore gave a yell and leaned over to open the door to Kyra’s side.
Kyra gave out an angry scream. “ACHH! What the hell you doing, you stupid son of a--“
The door opened and Theodore gave his daughter a shove, and Kyra fell out the door, hitting the ground on her side with a grunt.
Theodore gave his daughter a glare. “And until you think about everything you’ve done and choose to be a better person, I’ll come back for you!” He slammed the door shut and sat back upright in his seat, and drove the car off, speeding away without looking back.
Kaira felt a twist in her heart. She wanted to see what Kyra had done after that, but she kept her gaze focused on Theodore.
Theodore was frowning with frustration for a minute or two, but it didn’t take long to realize what he had done. How could he? How could he have been so ruthless as to leave his own daughter stranded at the side of a road, in the middle of an empty desert? He squeezed his eyes shut and brought the car to a stop. “What have I done….?” He muttered. “She’s my daughter……I can’t give up…” She could destroy the entire world of pokemon and he wouldn’t stop loving her. She was his daughter, and there was nothing he can change about that. He looked up and narrowed his eyes. “I’ve promised Eleanor to keep taking care of both of us. I promised to never stop trying to help Kyra, no matter what it takes. And this isn’t something that’s going to help her at all.”
He started the car again, and turned around on the strip of road, heading back at the same speed he had driven away. He couldn’t just leave her out there. She could be a terrible child, but he would never be a terrible father.
He had left her near a strangely shaped tree. He remembered perfectly how the tree looked like—bare and out of shape. He hoped he could still find her there.
His eyes raised with hope as he saw the tree just ahead, but then his gaze faltered when he saw no sign of Kyra. He stopped the car and got out. “Kyra? Kyra! Please….forgive me. Come out right now!” He wasn’t going to sound apologetic yet…..he expected her to be hiding and ready to jump out and attack him with anger. But he saw no sign of her. “KYRA!”
A warm airy breeze flowed through him, and he suddenly felt the presence of Eleanor. The breeze flowed farther away around the tree, and Theodore followed it, drawn by the scent of feeling of his lost wife.
The spirit of Eleanor was leading him to a nearby ravine. Theodore stopped and widened his eyes in horror. “Oh no…..my dear Kyra….” He looked down at the ravine, which wasn’t more than seven or eight feet deep. But Kyra’s body lay in the ravine, dead. There were sharp pillars that poked up, and the terrible sight was too much for Theodore to bear. Her body had fallen down the slope, and had pierced into the pillar, splayed and lying sideways, her face paler than ever before, her eyes still open in a wide-eyed, dead stare.
Theodore looked away, tears streaming down his face. For a moment, he thought she had committed suicide. But then a pokemon approached from behind. Theodore turned and met the gaze of a Lucario, looking limp and wounded, holding its left arm as if it had recently twisted it. Everything came to him easily. Kyra had always tried to wound pokemon by twisting an arm or a leg. Theodore knew what had happened. Kyra must’ve tried to harm this Lucario, and it had fought back, ending up pushing her down the ravine. Theodore looked away from the pokemon and gave a yell at the sky. He should’ve never left his daughter here. A pokemon could’ve harmed her—or she could’ve harmed a pokemon. And in the end, she had harmed both, and had suffered more.
Theodore carried himself limply back to his van. He felt the life drained out of him, and he didn’t care what was to happen to him next. He had lost everything-- his pokemon, his wife, and now his daughter.
The Lucario appeared by Theodore’s side, and gave a low growl. Theodore met the Lucario’s wounded gaze, and suddenly, the pokemon started glowing. It shone brightly, until it transformed into a beautiful, silvery, ghostly horse, taller than a Rapidash, and far more elegant, beaming with wisdom in its eyes.
Kaira herself suddenly felt a jolt run through her, and Chibu uttered exactly what she had thought. “Phandolia.”
Theodore stared up in awe at the silver gray horse. Phandolia had a sharp, spiral horn poking from its forehead, and its silver mane flowed in the wind with great beauty.
“You’ve made a terrible mistake, Theodore,” the pokemon spoke in a surprisingly calm, wise male voice. Kaira let out a small gasp and felt her heart soften in the sound of the pokemon’s voice. It spoke as soft and beautiful as she could ever imagine.
Theodore bowed his head down. “Yes…..I have. And I regret it badly. But…..who are you? What pokemon are you? I……I have never heard of a legendary like you.”
Phandolia closedits eyes and opened them again. “I am Phandolia. I come from a world…..far more complex than this. I’m from the fifth dimension, and I’m here to have delivered something in need of help. After I had met your daughter, I realized you would be the best for this.”
Theodore blinked, not fully understanding.
But Phandolia stepped aside, and something glowed to its right. “Please make the right choices this time…..and never give up.” The pokemon disappeared in the breeze, turning to dust that faded away in the air.
The glowing spot had revealed that of a girl’s body.
Theodore gasped hopefully. “K-Kyra?” He kneeled down by the girl’s side, and lifted her in his arms. Her eyes were closed, but everything about her was exactly like his own daughter. The girl slowly blinked open her eyes—and one look into her green eyes told him everything. She was not Kyra. She was another being—from the same world as Phandolia, and had been brought to this world unexpectedly. Phandolia was counting on Theodore to protect her and look after her. Her eyes were as lost and soft as a doll’s, and their beautiful, calm hearted gaze reminded Theodore that of Eleanor.
Theodore looked with awe, and then smiled. “I shall call you Kaira. I will raise you the way I’ve always wanted to raise my daughter, with the same easy spirit and love I had given her.”
And Kaira watched with wonder as he carried her to his van, where she really blinked open her eyes to complete life, and realized her surroundings, unaware of her past and everything that had happened behind her and Theodore.
Kaira suddenly felt herself drawing away from the memory. Pretty soon, she could see herself again, visible next to Barry and under Chibu, sitting under a strange tree in the region of Lluyan. The spirits of Theodore and Eleanor stood in front of her.
Kaira was staring with disbelief. “I knew it…you really aren’t my real parents.”

Images of Kaira ran through Barry’s head. From the moment he met her as a shy, lost lonely girl, to the point when he witnessed another version of her play as a cruel, ruthless character. Kyra and Kaira were two different people, and Barry couldn’t erase the fact that they looked exactly alike on the outside. It turned out that when Kaira had been kicked out of her real world- the fifth dimension—Phandolia had managed to let someone take care of her on earth so that she was safe and kept from harm.
“But why didn’t Phandolia take her back to the fifth dimension?” Barry spoke. “If it found her, then why didn’t it take her back? Did it not want her to come back where she belonged?”
Kaira was slowly breathing, lost in thought. “I bet it’s because it thought it was best for me,” she murmured. “Prima Dona would be after me again….and if she ever finds that I’ve come back, she’ll stop at nothing to kill me.”
Eleanor nodded. “And as you can see, it’s already happened. Barry……you were with Prima Dona, weren’t you? she’s on the verge to destroy Kaira….especially since she’s brought the three beings of earth with her. she’s planning something sinister, isnt she?”
Barry couldn’t bring himself to speak now. he felt a lump in his throat as he tried to speak, and his mark on his forearm started to sting again. chibu was looking at him with a halfhearted look. “Chii…..”
Barry just looked down and held his forearm tightly. “Y-yes. She’s—she’s in the Spirit Garden right now…..but I really don’t know what she’s doing.”
Theodore gave him a studying look, as if he was reading into his real feelings about what Prima Dona was trying to do. “Prima Dona does not belong in the Spirit Garden. That’s how we realized your presence. Her dark aura is stirring up the place, disturbing the peaceful spirits of the Spirit Garden, and driving tension through the dark ones.”
Barry looked up. “Dark ones? In the Garden of Spirits?”
“Well, of course,” replied Theodore. “That’s the place where lost ones are kept alive by memory and treasured belief. Those who have done rash things in their life may keep a hero they look up to alive and thriving here, whether it was a good soul or not. Prima Dona apparently, has gotten into acquaintances with certain souls and loved ones, some that have passed away and are still kept alive here by her own memory in which she couldn’t escape nor forget. She’s probably most likely to have come to defeat those memories that haunt her—or at least use them to help further in her plan to destroy Kaira and the three beings.”
Eleanor gave them both an intent look. “Kaira…..I’m glad to have finally met you for you.” she laid a hand on Kaira’s head. “If you were to ever meet our real daughter…..” Eleanor closed her eyes bitterly and then shook her head. “I’m just glad Theodore has raised a perfectly good girl like you. you are much more than just the opposite of our own daughter.”
Kaira’s gaze narrowed with confusion. “I’m not perfect. I had a stupid fear of pokemon. No wonder they all hated me—I was the mere version of the one who would actually find fun in torturing them.”
Barry looked at Theodore. “Is Kyra still alive? Is she HERE? You said if a soul from our own world were to die, they may physically be gone there, but if they are kept alive in memory, they can find their way on this planet in this dimension, to live and become part of the dimension themselves.”
Theodore nodded slowly. “Kyra has been kept alive in my dreams. No matter what I had gone through with her, I will never want to forget her, and that she is my daughter.”
“But…” Eleanor cut in. “She is living through strange conditions in this world….chased by the pokemon Missingno.”
Barry narrowed his eyes and felt his head hurt again. “Aw, great. Just the name of that so-called pokemon……”
“Missingno…”Kaira uttered the name mysteriously. “That rings a bell…..it’s no real pokemon, though, is it?”
“It is a pokemon,” said Eleanor carefully. “But it is a pokemon of loss and confusion. How can I explain this…..in a way, it’s like a dream that has been created to fall through the portals and enter this dimension as a live spirit, fully living in a condition in this region of Lluyan, but somehow it’s presence has been disrupted, and didn’t fully quite make it.”
Barry winced and tilted his head. “So….it’s like a missing dream?”
“It’s like half of a dream,” said Theodore. “When dreams are dreamt, they come here to fully become alive and play their part in this region. But when the soul is awakened, the dream goes away and fades, no longer part of this world unless dreamt up again by that being. Missingno is created if a certain soul has one of the vaguest dreams in which it is becoming dreamt up night after night…..until finally, it finds a way to stick to this world as a spirit of the dream itself. It tries to become a pokemon, but since it hasn’t been entirely dreamt up yet, and has somehow been corrupted to come through the portals, it is none but a mere disfigured vagueness of a pokemon, living under solitary conditions as a disk of confusion. Beware when you find it—sometimes it can become powerful enough to mess up your mind if you stare into it too long.”
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Dang….like what it was trying to do to me.”
“We can take you to meet your lost twin,” said Theodore. “But you must be careful. She is in the Town of Silence, the particular part of the region in which most Missingno are found.”
“Town of Silence…” echoed Kaira, her eyes going dazed again.
“Not a living soul or ghost pokemon lives there,” said Eleanor. “But you may find her lost spirit walking along. But be careful…….try not to make any contact with her whatsoever.”
“Does she have any idea who Kaira even is?” Said Barry.
“Of course,” said Theodore. “Her spirit still watched over the first dimension, though she’s no longer part of it. kaira, she knows you better than you know yourself, probably.”
Barry saw Kaira tense. He gave a glance at Chibu, who was looking down at her with a sad look in its eyes. barry suddenly felt a sense of regret in him. To think that he was finally here with Kaira—to take part with her when she finally met her parents again—it made him feel somehow even more connected to Kaira than he really was. He knew he had to get back before Prima Dona noticed his absence with Chibu….but he didn’t want to leave Kaira’s side.
Eleanor and Theodore were holding hands again. “We must leave now…..” Said Eleanor calmly. “Your father has to wake up in his own world pretty soon.”
Kaira raised her eyebrows. “Dad…..” Theodore gave her a hug before fading away with his wife.
“Sweet dreams, Kaira,” he murmured before they both disappeared. Barry, Kaira, and Chibu were alone in a deserted town where the mist seemed to rise around here and there.
Barry looked around. the place was like a ghost town, and he was reminded of their first visit to this dimension in the empty town of Rendridge.
“Where are we?” He said, looking all around.
“This is the Town of Silence,” said Kaira intently, staring up at the thick blank sky.
Barry whipped his head to face her. “What? Already?”
“I guess Eleanor and Theodore have taken us adrift to the north of this region. I can almost see the north star through these clouds.”
“Chi….” Chibu stared up in wonder with Kaira.
Barry looked up and then winced. “I don’t see anything. The sky is as empty as a blank sheet of paper. But now I’m pretty glad I don’t live here. Man, so many complex things with dreams in this world! I’d lose my mind—wonder what that would do to the spirits my mind has created in this world!”
Kaira gave him a humored look. “This world is just earth on the fifth dimension. That’s why it’s called the planet Gaiyah. Gaiyah is the earth pokemon, and one that keps this dimension alive and thriving due to the mental spirituals of the other dimension.”
Barry shook his head, giving a sideways smile. “You’re like an alien,” he said teasingly. “You weren’t even from our world. Deep down, you’re used to the weirdness in this dimension.”
Kaira gave him a playful grimace. “Of course I am.” Then her gaze faltered. “But I wish I knew how my life used to be like in here. that’s one memory I can’t find out in this region, and a memory that my parents even know about.”
“Chi!” Chibu gave a nod and gazed into her eyes with determination.
Kaira smiled. “That’s why I must find out.”
Barry found himself smiling at her. She really was more than just the quiet lonely girl she always portrayed in front of the others. He and Kaira started walking through the strange empty city, heading north again with each other.
“Why are you so naïve around the others?” Barry asked as simply as he can. “I mean…..like around Dawn and Lucas. Anyone who tries to talk to you or befriend you…you’ve always ignored them or said something to make them think of you as a shy, strange…outcast.”
Kaira met his gaze, and Barry couldn’t tell whether her expression was full of sadness or offense. “Oh…..I don’t know.” She looked down, halfheartedly kicking a pebble through the layer of mist that hovered above the ground. “I guess…..it’s just natural for me. Ever since Prima Dona banished Dovanna, my own love faltered without that love pokemon, and Prima Dona easily kicked me out of the entire dimension so that I found myself on earth….to be looked after by Theodore.”
Barry nodded, and kept his gaze fixed on her. he was aware of Chibu keeping a studying watch on both of them as the little yellow pokemon hovered above in front of them.
“I’m very glad to have met you, though,” said Kaira after a long moment of silence, suddenly turning her gaze on him.
Barry blinked and then focused his attention on her, and she had stopped walking. Barry stopped to meet her gaze, and he stared intently at her green hazel eyes. she was looking at him with intent as well.
“Hehe, of course,” he said. “I was the one who opened you up….kind of. You’re still not your real self with the others……or are you?”
Kaira gave a smile. “I’m starting to like pokemon a lot better, and becoming to be more social with other people. you’ve missed out on quite a lot since you left.”
“Oh, how’s Dawn?” He suddenly asked, feeling a pang of excitement rush through him. he had missed her so much….he had to know how she was doing. “Is she alright? How’s Lucas treating her? I bet Seth’s talking to her about me behind my back!”
Barry was confused to see Kaira’s expression drop all of a sudden, and her eyes narrowed. “DAWN…is okay…..” she replied somewhat tartly. She looked away down at the mist. “I mean……I’m starting to like a her a bit better, and she’s starting to treat me nicer……”
“Oh that’s good,” said Barry quietly. “What about Lucas?”
“Chi!” Chibu let out a startled gasp and gave Kaira a surprised look.
Kaira suddenly raised his eyebrows. “Well…you won’t believe it…..”
“He’s been turned to an Infernape, hasn’t he?”
“How’d you know?!”
Barry shrugged. “Prima Dona watched everyone,” he gave her a wink.
But Kaira didn’t take it as humored as before. She stared at him with a slight look of disbelief.
“Hey…..I’m not really being kidding or anything but--”
Kaira interrupted him and pointed over his shoulder. “Look!”
Barry turned to see a spark of gray behind him. A Pikachu was hiding behind an old dumpster near an abandoned building.
Barry gasped. “The Pikachu…..it’s gray!”
First, the blue Pikachu in the garden, now a gray one here. What next? A giant Pikachu back where Kaira had been chased?
“It’s not a Pikachu,” hissed Kaira, suddenly grabbing his arm and keeping close to him. “There’s no pokemon whatsoever in here…..remember? only….Missingno.”
Barry took a step back. “Missingno?”
The gray Pikachu’s face suddenly gave a twisted flinch, like a screen of a broken computer. It gave a strange, “Pika…” and then ducked behind the dumpster.
A swirl of wind suddenly thundered ahead of Barry and Kaira in the middle of the road. The mist was swirling tremendously, blowing away all the strange litter and leaves on the ground around it.
Barry and Kaira were no longer than just several yards away.
“What’s going on?!” Cried Barry, holding tighter to Kaira’s hand.
“Uh…! Missingno!” Yelled Kaira, trying to hold herself from being blown back.
Suddenly, a flash of scratchy grayness shot through the twirling mist. A figure appeared in the middle of the pale swirl and stepped forward to slowly reveal itself.
The figure was tall and very lanky, with hair that remained straight down behind its shoulders despite the blowing wind. Barry took a step back. At first, he thought it was Prima Dona, coming to grab him back with a punishing attitude for leaving her like this. But then he realized the figure wasn’t as tall enough.
Then he was even more surprised. The figure finally revealed itself. She looked exactly like the reflection of Kaira herself, except for the blazed looked in her eyes as she stared at both of them with a cold, hard smile.

Lucas traveled by Riley’s side, listening carefully to the trainer’s story. Lucario kept on casting suspicious glances at Lucas, as if he didn’t trust him to be a real pokemon. Chimchar was on Riley’s other side as he carried Dawn in his arms. Lucas worried for Dawn, for she was feeling very sick and feverish since the dangerous attack from the giant Starly. She had even twisted her left leg somehow, and found it very difficult to walk. But she was awake now and listening intently to Riley as he told of how his adventures had been through the Iron Islands and his recent discoveries of strange traces of the strange pokemon of the fifth dimension.
“I was fantasizing a place far away,” the trainer was saying, “and I had dreamt of finding myself in a world where the very dust originated from. The dust I had found was red—bearing the same substance and textures that were described by Professor Rowan when he told of how he had discovered yellow dust.”
Dawn gasped quietly. “That must’ve been….Chiba.”
Riley nodded. “You guys have learned all about the basics of this world, haven’t you?”
Lucas let out an agreeing cry, wishing more and more that he could discuss things with Riley like a normal human being. He wished he could just get this over with and become his real self. Dawn had explained everything to Riley about how they had ended up here in the fifth dimension, and how Lucas had turned to an Infernape. She told about the egg she had found, and how it had hatched into the baby Dovanna that was probably the hatchling of the very missing pokemon itself. She even explained Riley’s presence to them—how he was probably nothing more than a mere illusion spirit to them that had come to visit them in his own dream—as he dreamt his way into this world to wake up and find them in his own dream.
Dawn sighed. “Well, we’re trying to anyway. We have taken a wrong turn and are much farther away from the Fire Squad and Malidorius than before. Riley…..you’ve been to this region more than once, haven’t you? your dreams come alive to this region just like any other powerful dream. You probably know your way around here—or at least in the dreams that you keep believing in and coming back to.”
Riley nodded and looked up to the red, sunset sky. Lucas admired the trainer’s wisdom and strength to help them along. He had a strong belief in what lay behind pokemon—and what else could be out there. He and his Lucario have dreamed together of conquering the world of steel type pokemon, and to understand what lay behind their presence. “We should follow the north star. hopefully, when I come to the end of this region, you will meet your friends there. They should be waiting for you.”
Dawn looked ahead. She looked like a princess rescued by a knight, laying in Riley’s arms. Lucas was surprised he didn’t feel any envy for the way she and Riley were getting along. He still had concerns for who Dawn would really look up to for her life.
“There’s a volcano in the distance….” She murmured. “Is that where you’re taking us?”
“The volcano’s the very heart of the region,” said Riley. “From that point on, the journey will become easier, for most of the strange eruptions going on around this area will stop once you pass the volcano.”
Dawn looked with concern at the smoky atmosphere in the distance. The volcano didn’t look too far away from them. the sky seemed to darken and thicken up, and Lucas sensed the strange fiery scent of uninviting danger. The fire was probably what burned away any chance of dreams or memories coming to life in this region, and most of the live dreams of other souls from their dimension obviously took place in a more reasonable area away from that volcano.
“You will stay with us, won’t you?” Dawn looked at Riley with worry. “The place really doesn’t look at all inviting, and you’ve always been an incredible hiker.”
Riley chuckled and looked at her with determination. “Of course I’ll protect you guys.” He cast Lucas a wink. “Miss Contest Trainer here would never survive once she’s been crippled down.”
Lucas snickered and Dawn flinched, giving Riley a playful slap on the shoulder. “Hey! I’ll recover before you know it—you’ll be surprised! I’ve already been through fire tornadoes and giant stick bugs already, and now I can take on giant pokemon and volcanoes!”
Riley laughed. “You think you’re ready enough to take on other people’s dreams? For all you know, you could encounter something dreamt up by Team Galactic, or anyone out there with a wild imagination.” Riley coughed. “Ahem….Barry…”
Dawn laughed. “No, I’m serious. I’ll be ready.”
It wasn’t long before Riley arrived by the volcano with Lucas and Dawn. Just passing by and being a distance away from it made everyone feel weary and alert. Chimchar curiously jumped around the holes that erupted here and that, running away frantically every time a crack in the ground bubbled with intense lava.
Riley chuckled at the little pokemon. “Adventurous little guy, isnt he? Is he from Rowan’s lab?”
“Mm-hm,” nodded Dawn. “I’m surprised it made it this far with us. To think that was the little pokemon that first found Chibu in Kaira’s room! It followed us to this dimension, and has stuck with us since. I’ll be happy for Kaira if she ever chooses him to be her pokemon—if she ever comes back to our world.”
Lucas saw the concerned look on Dawn’s face as she mentioned Kaira. Lucas suddenly remembered the intense feeling he had gotten when he had witnessed Kaira perform that magic sorcery on Braan back at the forest of Auburn Leaf. Had that really been her? or were they just the Shadows? He suddenly ignored the rest of the conversation Riley and Dawn were putting on as they passed through the dangerous grounds around them, avoiding and stepping over any stream of red fire—or what Lucas hoped was red fire.
Lucas tried to keep an eye on Chimchar as well. The little pokemon seemed to be the only one enjoying itself in this heated place, seeming blissfully unaware of the toxic smokes and deadly eruptions that could happen underground.
Lucario suddenly snuck up to Lucas’s side.
“Huh? Whoa!” Lucas nearly jumped as he realized the pokemon next to him.
“Thinking about the Shadows?” Spoke Lucario deeply, not turning to meet Lucas’s gaze.
Lucas blinked. It was always creepy the way some pokemon could just read thoughts and feelings just like that. “Uh….yeah. Just about that one night. I havent seemed to have had any other problems with Shadows since then—it just makes me wonder more that it was probably true and that Kaira…could be as close to a witch or something.”
Lucario’s eyes were focused ahead of itself, staring out at the dark mountains ahead of them. “Well……from the aura of the spirits that inhabit this particular region, I sense that there is more to this place than just dreamt up spirits that can find their way around.”
Lucas tilted his head. “Do you know anything about the Shadows? I know Chibo told me that they are just mere reflections of us that like to play tricks—and that’s it. they’re just mischievous troublemakers that just like to twist things around.”
“That’s probably correct then,” replied Lucario. He turned to meet Lucas’s gaze with an intent look in his deepening amber eyes. “You have been touched by the element of fire—havent you?”
Lucas raised his eyebrows and nodded. “Yes.”
“Well, you won’t be encountering much with the Shadows then. The Shadows…..they probably have more to do with the element of darkness rather than the elemnt of fire.”
“How do you know?”
Lucario let out a deep growl. “I’ve encountered Shadows before. So has Riley. But we used our smarts to see beyond the Shadows, and that when I tried ot read the Shadows’ aruas, I found no aura contained whatsoever. That just meant they weren’t even living souls—just mere shadows that reflect one’s actions. But that doesn’t mean you don’t have to watch out for them.”
Chimchar suddenly jumped by Infernape’s side. “Ahh! It’s alive! It’s alive!” Chimchar was waving its arms at a tiny flame that fluttered through the air like a firefly.
Lucas turned to give a laugh at his mischief again, but then winced with concern at the flame. It really did seem to be chasing at Chimchar. The spark of flame was no bigger than half a fist, and it was floating around CHimchar’s head, avoiding Chimchar’s swats at it.
Riley turned to look at the flame and Chimchar. He let out a gasp and Lucario stepped forward. Lucario threw a bone club at the flame and put it out.
“Agh! Thanks!” Chimchar huffed, frowning at the bone. “Geez, to be chased and scared by your own type of element—that’s humiliating! But I swear! It was ALIVE and chasing me!”
Lucas winced. “Did you see a face on it or something?”
Dawn gasped. “What was that?”
Riley suddenly whipped around, his eyes narrowed. “Live fire. The volcano is just as alive as any tree or plant could be. It’s fire summons life just like trees summon life in leaves. We have to get away from here.” He turned to Lucas and Lucario. “You guys keep up with me. Take Chimchar in your hands.”
And before anyone could ask questions, riley had dashed off, carrying Dawn, while Lucario and Lucas kept up with Chimchar clinging onto Lucas’s back.
Riley stopped by a large fossil of what looked like a dead Garchomp. Riley let Dawn settle on the ground and sighed. “It’s best to stay away from the volcano’s fire as much as possible. Any fire that flows through it can easily become alive and find a way with the dream spirits that are lost in this region, and commingle to form live fire.”
Dawn gasped and winced. “So if dreams do wind up over here, they either get destroyed by the fire—or become part of it to wander as live fire?”
“In a way, yes,” said Riley. But then he glanced at Lucas. “Only the one with firesight can read the spirits within fire, and control the matter of freeing that spirit from fire.”
Lucas looked at Riley in awe. There was so much he still didn’t know.
“I wish I had firesight,” muttered Chimchar.
Suddenly, a rumble was heard in the distance. Dawn, Riley, Lucas, Lucario, and Chimchar turned to the distance where a herd of Rapidash were running together, whinnying and crying with terror and fear. They were headed towards a cliff where fire was leaking out, entering the mouth of a dark, uninviting cave.
Chimchar huffed. “That doesn’t look like a safe place to go. They stupid?”
Riley looked up as a loud, eerie caterwaul of a bird echoed the thick smoky sky. “Braviary!” He hissed.
“What?!” Dawn gave him a quizzical look.
Riley grabbed her arm and immediately helped her up again. “It’s a rare pokemon from the region of Unova. Whatever it’s doing here—I have no clue. But we gotta stay out of it’s sight.”
Lucario let out a low growl and crouched, but Riley signaled it to stop. “No, don’t fight it, Lucario. You’ll anger it.”
Lucas gasped. Through the smoke and dark black and gray clouds that covered the sky, sparks of fire seemed to be flying through the top, and the form of a large bird pokemon appeared through. it was like a carnivorous beast, and it had claws as long and sharp as a Weavile’s, and a beak as strong as a Garchomp’s mouth.
The Braviary suddenly made eye contact with Lucas, and Lucas felt it’s sharp gaze pierce through him as hard as it’s claws can. It let out a loud, angry screech and swooped down towards them.
“Quick! Into the Garchomp!” Riley shouted, ducking under the bone of the dead pokemon and entering inside its large, open mouth. Lucas, without thinking, followed after them in horror, ignoring the disgusting smell that wafted through the passageways in this dead pokemon. This was pretty dang huge for a Garchomp, he thought. Probably the size of three school buses, or even bigger. But the bones seemed strong enough to keep them from the attack of the Braviary.
Lucas gasped and flinched to the left as the Braviary banged at the bones on Lucas’s side, nearly breaking in. He was in the ribs of the Garchomp, and he could barely see around him through all the bones and the shadows—where Dawn and Riley were. He let out a cry for their help.
Dawn’s scream sounded in the distance. “Ahh! Help! Riley!”
Lucas pushed his way through, heading towards her scream. “Ugh!” Lucas nearly vomited with disgust as he swatted away a stick, slimy substance from his face that was probably a dead organ of the Garchomp that had been left uneaten. He yelled as the Braviary’s claws suddenly crashed behind and caught the gooey stuff, pulling it out and tearing it to shreds. Lucas hurried on to find Dawn.
He found here laying on her side in a more open area of the Garchomp. This was probably the stomach, Lucas thought. It was like an empty tunnel and he could just make out the rest of the bones around it and ahead of them.
“Dawn!” Lucas hissed, kneeling to her side.
“Where’s Riley?” She gasped, staring with horror into his eyes.
“I can’t find anything through here!” He shouted, even though his replies only came out as terrified cries.
Suddenly, the Braviary’s beak crashed through the top bones above them, and pierced through between Dawn and Lucas. Dawn let out a scream, and Lucas growled, swatting a powerful Close Combat attack at the bird, nearly breaking its beak. But the bird squawked and instantly pulled its beak out, screeching angrily.
Lucas helped Dawn get up and suddenly, Riley and Lucario appeared behind a column of bones just ahead, behind them. “Lucas! Dawn! Over here! There’s a tunnel burrowed down near the end of the hip bones! We’ll be safer underground for now.”
Lucas and Dawn hurried after Riley and Lucario, ducking and climbing over and under passageways of bones. This Garchomp really was five times bigger and longer than a normal one back in Sinnoh. Whatever killed this thing must’ve been fire—or a pokemon that was even more powerful than the Garchomp itself.
The Braviary’s eerie cry was still screaming outside above, and Lucas braced himself for letting out another powerful attack at the pokemon. They finally stopped near the edge of the Garchomp’s hip bone, and Riley pointed down a burrow. “Down there. We can still travel out of this place underground. We’ll be safe from any predator birds. There are more than just this Braviary out here.”
“Is it safer?” Dawn asked.
“I can’t say yes to that. But we’ll be safe for now. Is Chimchar with us?”
Lucas gasped and looked around. suddenly, he heard Chimchar’s cry in the distance. Lucas heard it come from around the corner to the right. He dashed back for it, and found the little pokemon with its foot stuck in between two dislodged bones. The Braviary’s cry was above them, and it was poking in random parts of the Garchomp, trying to sense the presence of its prey through the strong smell of smoke.
“Lucas! Help!” Cried Chimchar.
Lucas immediately blew fire at the bones and burnt them, so that Chimchar could easily lift his foot through. Just as the Braviary’s claws crashed through just above Chimchar, just right at the position to where it could just wrap its claws and grab hold of the pokemon, Lucas snatched Chimchar in his arms and ran through the bones, finding his way back with Riley. He let out a cry of triumph and urge.
Above them, the bones were rattling and shaking.
“It’s going to collapse,” gasped Lucas. The Braviary had been striking at it all over, ruining it.
“Quick!” Riley and Dawn made their way under the ground with Lucario right below them, and Lucas jumped in right after them. they barely managed to escape the terrible crash of bones above them as the Garchomp fell apart.
Riley and the others found their way to solid ground underneath. Dawn was panting, and her face looked terribly smoky and flushed. She collapsed on her knees, narrowing her eyes. lucas could tell she was trying hard to push herself to be tough and to not look so weak in front of them, and especially in front of Riley.
“Dawn…”Lucas started to speak, coming over to lay a warm hand on her shoulder.
Dawn coughed and wiped her eyes. “Uh…..I’m fine, really.”
Riley turned to look down at her with an understanding look. “Dawn, we can rest if you’re hurt. I’m not at all going to push you through this region as quick as I can.”
“No…I’m fine, I can keep going,” said Dawn, looking up with a forced smile, trying to stand. Her legs were shaking and she was keeping a hand on her left knee that she had broken.
Riley gave a frown and came over to put an arm around her shoulder to keep her up. “Hey, don’t push yourself. If it’s going to take time getting you across this region, I’ll be glad to spend as much time as I can with you guys. Remember—I’m only here eight hours every night when I dream myself into here. Pretty soon, I’m going to wake up and disappear, and live for real in our own world where I belong. And when you reach the end of this region, you won’t be able to see me at all—even if I do dream my way here.”
“He’s right,” said Lucas, hoping his language in Infernape cries were still just as encouraging to Dawn. “The region of Llyuan is the only region we can meet anyone from our own world in their dreams.”
“And it’s time Riley and I are about to wake up,” said Lucario seriously, focusing intently at Dawn.
Riley nodded and chuckled. “Lucario says it’s time we should be waking up back in our own world right now.”
“Oh….” Dawn looked up into Riley’s eyes. She had grown almost as tall as him now, and if Lucas were his real self again, he probably would’ve reached his height by just an inch or two shorter now. it had been a few years since they had seen him. “I really don’t need much more than just rest, really. My leg just feels horribly cramped and…..”
“Come off it,” Riley said, giving her a playful smile. “Your fever and sickness cannot get better in an atmosphere like this. Here,” he took out a bottle from his pocket and settled down with her, kneeling by her side on the warm, earthy ground. “Drink this. It will let you rest as well, so that you can heal yourself through sleep and feel a little better when you wake up. it won’t do too much since there’s so much fire and smoke, even underground, but it will do some.”
Dawn drank that bottle. “Thanks.” She gave him a small smile.
Riley nodded and slightly smiled back. He let her head rest on his lap and she fell into a deep sleep.
Lucas watched them with admiration. He wished one day Dawn could feel about him like that. riley gave him a smile and gave Chimchar a pat on the head. “We should all sleep. Lucario and I are the ones who should be waking up now, and we shall be awake in our own world. We’ll be back soon, though. Goodnight, Lucas. I hope you find goodness out of being a pokemon.”


Paul traveled through the harsh blizzard up the Furogh Mountain. He and Dionza were pushing their way through the stormy snowstorm up the mountain that would lead to the summit at Crescent Peak—the very place where Dovanna had vanished.
Paul and Dionza were leading their strongest force of Solar grunts towards the top. It had been four days since their travel, and they were going to stop at nothing to reach the Crescent Peak.
Dionza was ahead of Paul as she hiked her way up the trail. She turned to give him a narrowed look of determination through the storm. “Keepin’ it cool?” She called.
Paul grunted and took another heaving step forward against the storm. “Not really! It’s not that cold yet!” He yelled jokingly, knowing that the higher they would go, the colder it would get.
Dionza laughed. “Need a hand?” She held out an arm towards him.
Paul gave her a smirk and grabbed hold of her. She yanked him up by her side. Behind them, the Solar grunts were keeping up and complaining to each other. Half of them included the nine crew members Dionza had invited to accompany their gang. Paul wasn’t very fond of them. their leader, Kidou, was extremely gross and ridiculous. He couldn’t believe Dionza’s ex-boyfriend was one of his stupid crew members—Trevor Dentou.
Dionza held Paul’s hand tightly by her side. “This mountain’s so huge, it covers half of two regions!”
Paul squeezed his eyes shut from the stinging snow that got into his eyes, and then yelled back, “Really? Which ones?”
“Oh, half of the Tunka Region in which we were just in, and then this mountain cuts through the region of Lluyan.”
Paul’s heart lifted at the mention of Lluyan—the very place where Dawn was, as well as Lucas, Barry, and that strange Kaira girl.
“But! Amazingly, these mountains cut around the regions, drawing their way around the borders of Tunka and Lluyan, and even cutting through to the region of Askip. These mountains are also found on other platelets of the regions as well! The mountains are in a never ending ice, though, and they have been created with everlasting snow that they’ve been considered to be regions themselves. They’ve become long known as Yonga—region of ice mountains. Just the other side of Crescent Peak will be the region of Askip! You will like the region very much – it’s dark and quiet, a lot like you and I.”
Paul thought he saw her give him a glinting wink, but he couldn’t tell through the stormy wind. “Well, once we get to the peak, we know what to do, right?”
“Of course!” She brought him closer to her. He gazed at her through the chilly storm that blew all over them. “I hope you do,” she said quietly. “Without Prima Dona, we’re going to have to do things more complex by ourselves. Crescent Peak was the very place that Prima Dona banished Dovanna. We want to find out where she has banished it. we want to make sure it never comes back. We will use this as a key element to see into the past of how Prima Dona had performed her acts on the legendary.” In Dionza’s hand was a blue sparkling gem, no bigger than a paperclip.
Paul gazed down at the gem. “That’s the gem Prima Dona stole from Chibo, isn’t it? The gem she stole so that Chibo couldn’t find its way out of this dimension unless it got it back.”
Dionza nodded. “Mm-hm. This gem can help us see through the portals, and look into the dimension of the past. We can witness the moment when Prima Dona banished Dovanna, and then follow it to the dimension it was taken to. we can see ourselves how the pokemon is doing at the moment, and stop it from ever coming back. With our very pokemon,” she held up a dark purple and black pokeball, “we can destroy the very legendary—so that it never comes back again.”
Paul gazed into her eyes. Destroy it? For a moment, he felt uncertain. He didn’t want to destroy it—he wanted to capture it. but for now, he was freezing and couldn’t think straight. He just wanted to play along with Dionza. “Okay then,” he gazed satisfyingly in her piercing purple eyes. “I’m in this with you.”
After another long hour of traveling, Paul and Dionza stopped the squad to rest where the blizzard had calmed down, in between a group of tall steep mountains. They rested in a cave and as Paul gazed out at the wide sight around him, he could see what looked a little like northern lights above in the sky.
Paul looked over his shoulder. Dionza and the others were already sleeping. He flashed a glare of envy at the sight of Dionza sleeping in the arms of Kidou. He snored noisily, and his dirty gray beard looked tangled with snow.
Paul sighed and stood up, making his way out of the cave. The lonely mountains around him made him feel even more alone. He looked to the sky. once he studied the lights more carefully, he could make out that they were scenes of pokemon dancing in the light, along with figures of what looked like people happily chasing after them.
But then he realized the people weren’t playing with them. they were chasing them—to hurt them and capture them in their grasp of force and slavery. The people treated the pokemon no more than slaves.
“It’s sad how some people could think of such ways to treat pokemon,” said a voice behind.
Paul turned and saw that Dawn had appeared out of nowhere, standing behind him with her hands behind her back, dressed in the same clothes as the last time he had seen her, and she had no cap again.
Paul raised his eyebrows with hope. He couldn’t bring himself to speak. Dawn made her way up to him and stared up at the sky. Her eyes were full of the same cloudiness and distance again.
“You’re dreaming again…?” He muttered.
“I guess…” she replied. “I mean…..what I’m dreaming is really happening right now, isn’t it?”
Paul remembered the kiss he had left her—on the head—before she had parted to wake up. “Yes…..yes it’s happening. I am what I’ve become.”
“How can I do that?” She asked breathlessly. “How can I actually put myself in a live position somewhere else when I dream? The region of Lluyan is the only place where dreams will ever come alive for real.”
Paul sighed, turning to meet her gaze. “Perhaps it’s got to do with your destiny. The three beings from earth have a destiny to fulfill, don’t they?”
Dawn gasped and looked up to the lights again. “Both blessed….and cursed….by the element of light…”
For a moment, neither of them said nothing. Then Paul shook his head. “So. How was your travel through the region of Lluyan?”
Dawn breathed in a distant sigh. “Oh, it was great. Lucas and I met Riley in his dreams—can you believe it?”
“Well, yes of course,” replied Paul tartly. “That’s the region of dreamworld, isn’t it?”
Dawn huffed and gave him an indignant look. “Well, yes. But we were still surprised. Riley and Lucario saved us and took us pass the volcano, and we found our way underground to rest from the dangerous pokemon that chased us.” She told him all about the Braviary and hiding in the body of a Garchomp.
Paul listened intently. “I’m sure Lucas felt some kind of connection to that part of the region? He does have the connection with the fire in him, doesn’t he?”
“Yeah…..probably. He does have the firesight and everything.” Dawn sighed. “I just hope when this is all over and we do what we were destined to do—we could just return home afterwards. I really miss being part of Sinnoh, back in our own world and dimension.”
Paul turned to look at Dawn. “Do you think we’ll ever return?”
Dawn met his gaze. “I hope so. I’m not so sure about one of us, though.”
Paul raised his eyebrows. “What do you mean?”
“Remember the one that shall perish in ice?” She looked at him intently. “That one was a mistake—an unwanted one for this dimension. I don’t know what will come of that one back in our own world, though.”
Paul blinked, and then looked down at his feet. Pain and regret pierced through his heart, but with Dawn’s presence, he felt safe and strangely hopeful. “Do you…..do you think that one could be me?”
“What?” She gasped. “Hey, we can’t be sure…”
“It’s already pretty obvious by now,” he muttered. “I’ve done things that this dimension doesn’t want. I’ve joined Team Solar. I’ve tried to….kill you and everyone else. I’ve….ordered the rules of Prima Dona. I shouldn’t be wanted in this world any longer.”
Dawn gasped, staring at him with shock. “Don’t say that! You can still make a choice. You can choose to change…”
A howl echoed in the distance, and eerie screams pierced the air. The lights flickered intensely and Paul gasped, looking all around him with horror. “Weavile,” he muttered.
Dawn gasped and flinched as a Weavile jumped down behind her, snarling menacingly at her just three feet behind.
Paul grabbed Dawn and pushed her into the closest cave hole in the cliff. She let out a shocked grunt and fell to her side, for her knee was still broken. “Quick! I’ll deal with this.” He pulled out a pokeball that Dionza had lend him, and prepared to battle the Weavile. But suddenly, more Weavile appeared from the snow and the rocks in the cliffs around them. One was creeping up to Dawn, glinting its menacing eyes and flashing its long, deadly claws at her.
“Ahh! No!” Dawn flinched away and ducked at the Weavile’s swat.
“Hey!” Paul threw a pokeball toward the Weavile and a growling Purugly appeared at the Weavile’s side, snarling with a challenging stare.
The Weaveile hissed at the Purugly and lashed out a claw at Dawn, barely missing her leg, causing a single slashing cut at her ankle. Dawn screamed with pain and Paul didn’t even have to say anything. The Purugly threw its head back and yelled a feline rage that scent a purple wind around the pack of Weavile, blowing them all against the cliffs and making them flee with terror. The Weavile dashed out of sight, their eerie cries faint in the distance. Paul had a look of awe on his face. He gave the Purugly a nod. “Nice job,” he muttered. He couldn’t think of anything else to say.
The Purugly gave a low growl and blinked its narrowed eyes. Paul returned the pokemon in its pokeball. He hurried over to Dawn under the small cave.
“Are you okay?”
Dawn gasped, her eyes wide and awestruck. “It just….stings!”
Paul widened his eyes at the bleeding cut that marked her ankle. “Here……this is my fault. You shouldn’t have been dreaming about me; I’ll take care of this.”
Dawn huffed in pain. “No! It’s fine! I chose to dream about you!”
Paul gave her an indignant look, and then pulled out a white cloth from his pocket. “Here, this won’t do much, but it’ll help a little.” He took her ankle and wrapped the cloth around it, making sure it was attached.
Dawn raised her eyebrows. The cloth was as cold as snow, but it would ease the pain. “Thanks,” she looked at Paul gratefully.
Paul shook his head. “I havent done anything for you to be thanking me about. Please….just do what’s best for you, and try not to dream about me….please.”
Dawn’s gaze faltered. “But…..”
“Listen,” Paul squeezed his eyes shut. “She was about to leave again, and he could feel it. “Listen, I’m leading a squad of Team Solar to the top of this part of the mountain. We are headed towards Crescent Peak, and we are going to find out where Dovanna has gone—and defeat it.” Dawn gave a look of shock. Paul put a hand on her shoulder. “Please…..I’ve chosen a path I cannot turn my back on. I don’t want you to get caught up with me….and end up with me like this.”
“But don’t you WANT to turn your back on what those brutes are planning?”
Paul looked deeply into her eyes. “Maybe….”
Dawn touched his hand. “Paul, you’re better than this. And I’m never going to turn down that belief—that you can choose better than what you have chosen.”
Paul was at a loss for words. He stared at her blankly, not knowing what to say.
Dawn suddenly blinked her eyes for the first time. “I’m….awaking now. I’ll see you…soon.”
Paul watched with a faltering gaze as Dawn’s body grew transparent and she faded into the air. His hand fell to the ground below him, and he was leaning over towards nothing. He slowly got up to his knees. Thoughts about Dawn flashed through his head before he turned to head back to his cave.

On a region not too far away, under the grounds, Lucas awoke to a whimper he thought had come from Dawn. He turned to see that she was awake, leaning her head on Riley’s shoulder as he and Lucario slept soundly. Chimchar was asleep on her lap, and she stroked his head softly. Lucas felt a strange sense of suspicion as he stared at her. Her face looked paler and cold. He glanced over where her legs were stretched out in front of her. He couldn’t help noticing the white cloth that bandaged around her left ankle.

Kaira stared at the figure in front of her. It was like gazing at the face of her own reflection. Her own twin-- the real daughter of her parents-- was standing just a yard's length away. Her eyes were a blazing cold fire.
"Kaira," she spoke in a voice exactly identical to her own, except for the threatening menace in her tone. She was smiling deviously. "So we finally meet. I've been looking forward for this moment-- for SUCH a long time." She widened her creepy smile.
Kaira blinked once. This was the spirit of the dead daughter back on earth-- Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart. The REAL daughter of Theodore and Eleanor.
Barry was the first one to speak back. "Hey! If you're the real daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Flockheart, why is it that you look exactly like Kaira? You're no identical twin, nor do you guys have ANYTHING in common on the inside. Why do you guys look so alike?"
Kaira felt a strange sense of deja vu surge through her. "It's got to do with the portals between our worlds," she breathed, her eyes become clouded. Chibu hovered above her, whimpering worriedly. Kaira cast a glance up at the pokemon and Chibu gave her a nod.
Kyra gave a small laugh. "Hmm! Think of it as this. You took my place on earth-- in MY natural born dimension. I had died, yet the memory my father kept of me in his heart and in his dreams, that's what brought me to life here, faraway in the fifth dimension on the other side of the portals. So! We were even. You take my place-- I take your place."
Kaira was meeting Kyra's piercing gaze. "What WAS my life like here? What is it that you've taken my place in?"
Kyra raised her eyebrows and stepped forwards towards her. "You wanna know your true life on this dimension? Hah! Do you think I have any idea, or that i even care how you lived? I'm only here for the sake of my father's stupid imagination. He thinks of me every night-- believes that i am still alive somewhere-- in another world. That belief came true, and my spirit came to life through the portals of the fifth dimension, so that I can live my shitty life as a broken, lost spirit wandering this dimension. Here-- in the Town of Silence...." She looked around the misty, empty city around them where not even the slightest blow of air was alive.
Kaira huffed. "I must've lived SOME kind of life in this dimension."
Barry sighed. "Well, we're not going to figure anything out just standing around here, discussing everything we already know." He turned his gaze to Kyra. "Hey! I hear you were a real pokemon killer. You used to torture your neighbor's pokemon, and throw fits at your parents. No wonder you'd end up in a place like this-- where you could never bother pokemon or people ever again."
Kyra flashed a stony glare at Barry, and Kaira felt a rush of shock through her.
Kyra just smiled. "Hah! I can do whatever the hell i want in this dimension-- whenever i can find my way to wake up. You see....my spirit is always at rest whenever my father loses hope in my presence. Only the pokemon Missingno can confuse my spirit to awaken anyway, whether my father thinks of me or not."
Barry laughed. "I'm just saying! I couldnt imagine having you as my new neighbor in Twinleaf instead of THIS Kaira."
Kaira couldnt help blushing at his nudge.
Kyra gave Kaira a wicked smile again. "Yeah. I really wouldve made your life a living hell. Your pokemon wouldve been destroyed before you knew it."
Barry gave her a challenging look. "Not if i can help it."
Kaira looked at Kyra, then at Barry. For a moment, she felt a strange feeling rush through the both of them as they made eye contact, and Kaira didnt like it. If Barry was ever going to fall in love with a girl that looked exactly like her, it really had to be HER.
Kyra gave a sarcastic grin. "By the way, I was expecting your guys' presence. I heard about the three beings from earth-- as well as the strange soul that walked with them." She flashed Kaira a glare. "Prima Dona was the one who had banished you, huh? The prophecy stated that the banished one would come back, arriving with the three beings of earth that would fulfill the coming of Gaiyah."
Kaira blinked at the flash of envy that sparkled in Kyra's eyes. "Yes....I was banished before.....I'm here to find out about the pokemon Dovanna, and help the humans find their blessing through the elements of light, darkness, and fire. I am here to recreate Gaiyah itself." As she spoke, she felt like a sudden hero that had arrived to fulfill a destiny. She could feel Barry's gaze fall on her, and she hoped he understood. She took hold of his hand. "Barry and I are finding our way to the north. We will reunite with everyone else at the other side of this region, and then continue together towards the mountain of Phandolia, so that we can fulfill each of our destinies."
Kyra snickered. "Fool. Do you really think i showed up just to hear you recite your whole journey? I'm here to stop you." She was staring at Kaira with a menacing, wicked smile.
Kaira winced. "Stop me?"
"You replaced everything about me," she hissed. "You replaced my spot in the family, exploiting the same looks, everything. But there was one thing you missed-- one thing that you dont share in common with me. You have no rashness in your heart. You can never become as headstrong as me when it comes to doing what you want—you are wayyy to soft spoken and calm compared to me.”
Kaira’s face turned red with anger, and her eyes narrowed. She wanted to spit back a stinging reply to show this snob how defensive she could really be.
Barry gave a nervous chuckle. “Hehe, hey! Don’t underestimate her like everyone else does! Kaira isn’t so soft once you really get to know her.”
Kyra just continued to smile evilly. “Oh, trust me. I know way more about the inner spirits than you do. I may haven’t been in this dimension as long as you had, but I sure do REMEMBER a whole lot more.”
“What do you mean ‘inner spirits?’” Snapped Kaira, taking a step forward.
Kyra sighed. “I’m not going to explain everything like your teacher.” Kyra suddenly gave a nasty glare at Kaira. “All I want from you—is revenge.”
“What have I ever done to YOU?”
“You took my place back on earth—the place I can never return to since I am dead in that world. Now, I will take your place on this dimension—the place where you weren’t supposed to return to as well. Prima Dona banished you—just like she did with the pokemon Dovanna. You are NOT going to come back and become part of this place—ever again.”
Barry gasped and gave Kaira a nudge. “Kaira! I know what she’s trying to do. once you restore the pokemon, Dovanna and recreate Gaiyah again, Dovanna will banish all the spirits that weren’t supposed to have come here!”
“Exactly,” Kaira was understanding this clearly. She could feel Chibu’s tension in her mind and heart. “Kyra, your spirit doesn’t belong here. The angelic pokemon Dalyah keeps track of all the good spirits and keeps out the souls of evil from ever entering this dimension in any way. now that it has disappeared, you were able to have broken through. You’re scared of having me restore the pokemon Dovanna so that love can reign equally—and that Dalyah will come back to recreate Gaiyah, coming back to banish evil spirits like you.”
Kyra’s eyes flashed a look of pure hatred. “I’m not letting you take my place in this dimension either.”
“I don’t have to take anyone’s place,” said Kaira. “You can choose to change—you can be good. You can learn to love pokemon and respect the beings around you. You can become a good soul and remain your place.”
“Hah!” Kyra gave a sarcastic smile again. “It’s too late for that!”
“Chi!” Chibu gave a disappointed frown.
Kaira huffed. “It’s never too late to change.”
“It doesn’t matter,” hissed Kyra, leaning her face towards Kaira so that the two of them were standing nose to nose. “I’ve made my choices. Nothing can stop them. I will always be Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart—with a ‘Y’ and not an ‘AI.’” She whipped up her arm to grab Kaira’s wrist. Kaira let out a gasp of shock as she felt how cold Kyra’s hands had wrapped around her, squeezing with a force that would eventually cut her blood circulation. Kaira was already feeling nauseous.
“Chi!” Chibu let out a shine of light, trying to attack, but the veil that still surrounded it stopped it from any outside contact.
“Hey!” Barry jumped back in surprise at Kyra’s strike.
Kaira yanked her wrist back and gave Kyra a kick on ankles as she fell forwards, making her let go and fall to the ground flat on her face.
“Whoa there…..” Barry was watching with a surprised gaze.
Kaira, shocked about what she had just done, shook her wrist with pain and then met Kyra’s pissed off glare as she slowly rose up, fire burning in her eyes.
“Douuu!” A sweet sounding coo suddenly sounded from above, and Kaira looked up with astonishment. The baby Dovanna had found them. it had an urgent look on its face, and was wanting Kaira and Barry to follow it.
“Barry! Run! After Dovanna!” Kaira shouted, immediately dashing after the small white bird in the sky.
Kyra let out an angry scream behind, cursing with fury.
Barry was at Kaira’s side in a rush. “That kinda came outta nowhere! Look at your wrist!”
Kaira winced as she noticed the red Indian burns that had formed around her left wrist. “Ugh…is she gaining on us?”
Barry looked behind from their running. “I….I don’t see her anywhere.”
Kaira gasped and Chibu flew around her head. “Chi! Chi!” the little pokemon was looking frantically towards the river in which they were heading towards.
Kaira looked forward at the river. The water suddenly rose up to a huge wave, and instantly, Kaira and Barry ran towards the side, avoiding the huge splash the wave gave, barely missing them from behind.
Kyra suddenly appeared in the distance, ahead of them, just a few meters away. “Hah! You think I’m not so powerful? I’m wayyy more bad than you think!”
Suddenly, the tree to their right started moving, and its front branches started swaying towards Kaira as if to grab her.
Kaira screamed and Barry grabbed her hand, pulling her back and around the tree, running as fast as they can.
“Douuuu!” Dovanna cooed above, and started flying towards the large hill in front o them. Kaira gasped and looked up ahead. The pokemon was leading them up a mountain. “Quick….we have to follow it up to the northern mountains.” Pretty soon, they would enter the cold ice peaks near the top of the mountain, where the region of Yonga lay.
Barry huffed. “That girl’s crazy! I’m sooo glad I met you instead of her.”
Kaira stepped over a sharp bush, feeling a pang of affection at his comment, though she was too urgent to let herself feel dreamy again. Dovanna was starting to fly higher and higher up, and Kaira could barely see it through the clouds.
“Dovanna! Wait!” Kaira yelled.
“Ahh!” Barry suddenly slipped off a ledge and tumbled through the bushes, disappearing in the thick brambles and mist.
Kaira whipped around with horror. “Barry!” She looked frantically around for any sign of Chibu to help her. there was no sign of any pokemon or person. She felt completely alone on the steep, misty mountain. “BARRY! DOVANNA! CHIBU!” She screamed.
Suddenly, something crashed right into her face, pinning her down to fall into a hidden hole just behind her. the creature was soft and fluffy, obviously a pokemon.
Kaira screamed a muffled cry, and threw the pokemon off her. She was in a small dugout, and she could see the opening not too high above her. she shipped around to face the pokemon that had crashed into her. It was a Luxray, glaring at Kaira with a low, snarling growl. Its eyes were narrowed and piercing—green as the hazel color of her own.
“Kyra!” Kaira shouted, narrowing her eyes back at the Luxray.
The Luxray suddenly stopped growling, and turned its fierce expression to what looked like a nasty smile. The pokemon suddenly twisted itself sideways, and let out a creepy howl. Kaira backed away with an uncertain look, and the pokemon suddenly transformed back into a human that resembled exactly Kaira herself. Kyra rose up with a proud look.
“Clever. How’d you know?” She said innocently.
Kaira huffed. “What’d you do with Barry?”
“Oh! Worried about your little dream boyfriend?” Kyra pushed back her hair indignantly. “Please! I wouldn’t have killed him if he destroyed the living likes of me.” She sighed and stared up at the opening. “He really is that cute, isn’t he?”
Kaira’s eyes grew wide, and then narrowed to a look of hatred. “What do you plan on doing to him after you’re finished with ME? My spirit still lies in this dimension—I can still watch YOU!”
“Oh, come off it!” Kyra met Kaira’s gaze with the same look of disgust. “You know that if it weren’t for Phandolia itself, I wouldve still been alive to have met him first!”
Kaira’s eyebrows raised. She remembered Theodore showing how she had killed herself, distracting a Lucario that turned out to be Phandolia. Kaira suddenly felt dazed with awe again.
“But that’s all in the past!” Kyra shouted. “I can’t change that! But I can change the future. You really love Barry, don’t you?”
Kaira narrowed her eyes. “I……I do….” she hissed honestly.
Kyra gave a sideways smile. “Well, then. Has he even noticed?”
Kaira blinked a couple times, her heart pounding with fear. “I—no, he hasn’t! but I know I’m very close to--”
“Listen! I can get him to love you,” she was looking at Kaira intently. “I can make him see your feelings, and easily let him see how much you really care for him. but by doing that, I would betray my goal of ever getting rid of you. if you ever learn to love and feel loved, your spirit could change.”
“What do you mean?” Kaira huffed.
“Have you ever loved before?” Kyra spoke intently. “Tell, me Kaira. Have you ever felt the love for another family member—as a REAL family member would? Have you ever felt the real love for a pokemon yet? have you ever even felt what it’s like to LOVE?”
Kaira’s mind was flashing through terrible, depressed memories of her life in Twinleaf. Rejected, looked down upon, unwanted and deliberately letting herself be the outcast she was. But through all her emotion and misery, she had never cried, or shed a tear. She didn’t know how to cry—no matter how sad she felt. She just couldn’t cry. but at the same time—she had never loved. She never knew what it was like to bond with a reliable pokemon, even though Chibu had helped her along her journey so far. She had never exactly loved Chibu. She had enjoyed its presence and felt thankful for it overall, but those feelings weren’t exactly what love felt like for her. she had never felt the feeling to love in her whole life as a lonely human on earth.
“Perhaps I haven’t,” said Kaira calmy, and ferociously. “But I know that I may ONCE have. Before Prima Dona banished the love out of Dovanna, I knew I must have felt love, for when the spirit of Dovanna did go away, the spirit of love left ME, and I could never feel it…again….” But then memories of her and Barry—the times they had spent together, becoming friends and relying on each other, the time when he had saved her from jumping into a river back before they entered the city of Caravel, Kaira realized that she had gotten close. Yes—her feelings for Barry were what were bringing her close to feel love again. She suddenly felt a strange sense of strength well up inside her, and she realized her feelings for Barry could become unstoppable and powerful over any feeling she could ever feel.
Kyra was snickering as if she knew exactly what was going through Kaira’s head. “See? We have much more in common than you think. Neither of us has ever LOVED. And I’m sorry. But I’m not going to let you get away with your stupid feelings for him. He doesn’t even love you back, does he?”
Kaira huffed and looked to her feet, her eyes narrowing. If she could cry, she would be shedding hot tears of anger. “Shut up. He loves no one in particular—except for Dawn.”
Kyra flinched. “Wait….whaaaaat?”
Kaira whipped her head up to face Kyra again. This time, she really looked shocked.
“Who—who is SHE?!”
Kaira suddenly saw a flash of fire shoot through her eyes, and this time, Kaira suddenly felt proud. “Oh, she’s just a girl from Twinleaf,” she said tartly. “She’s way prettier than YOU, I have to admit that. And she’s way more outgoing, happy, and suitable for Barry.”
“Oh?!” Kyra was fuming. Kaira had to snicker visibly at the way her hair seemed to be swaying with anger, with no slight breeze or anything in the air. “Let me guess! She’s one of the three beings from earth, isn’t she?”
Kaira’s gaze suddenly faltered. She probably shouldn’t be giving too much away. she didn’t want anything to hurt Dawn—she was even starting to feel more comfortable around her herself. But the thoughts of her and Barry together, spending time and treating each other like unseparable friends made Kaira feel all the worse again.
“She’s HERE, isn’t she?” Kyra’s voice was raised. “She’s on this very planet, isn’t she?”
Kaira just crossed her arms. “Why should you care? You got nothing on her.”
“Oh, shut it down to Ultramaur’s dark hole!” Cursed Kyra, stomping her foot. Suddenly, the place around them shook, and Kaira saw that Kyra’s face as gasping with shock. She looked suddenly scared. Kyra suddenly took an urgent step forward, and then fell to the ground.
Kaira let out a gasp of horror as roots started growing from the ground, wrapping around her ankles. She screamed and kicked them off furiously. Kyra dodged them and leaped to the top of the hole like a Chimchar, and disappeared above.
Kaira leaped after her, managing to catch the edge of the hole with her hands, and heave herself up out of the hole. As she climbed out, she looked back with a dreadful feeling as the hole filled up with roots, covering itself so that no hole was seen again.
Kaira immediately dashed forward, running for her life. She suddenly climbed higher up the mountain, where she met up with Dovanna and Chibu.
Chibu looked sad and worried. “Chi….”
Kaira looked at both pokemon. Baby Dovanna’s expression was unreadable, but Chibu looked hopeless.
“What? What’s going on? Where’s Barry?” She gasped.
“Kaira! I’m sorry…” Chibu’s voice was speaking in her head. “I have to go….Prima Dona’s waiting….”
And the shining veil around the little yellow pokemon suddenly glowed intensely, and then disappeared. Chibu was out of sight and nowhere to be seen.

Barry tumbled through the sharp needle-like brambles. He suddenly bumped into a bare, dead tree.
“Ugh!” He sputtered. “What the heck….” He brushed himself, imagining what a mess he must look like now. He looked around with a wince. “Kaira!” He called. Then he squeezed his eyes shut. “Damn! Can’t call her by that…..”
“Callin’ somebody?”
Barry looked up with dread, expecting to see the figure of Kyra, rather than the real Kaira he wanted to see. But instead, an elegant looking Staravia circled nearby.
Barry watched with awe as the Staravia landed by his side, transforming into a tall, familiar human—Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart.
Barry huffed. “Oh great. You.”
Kyra giggled. “I thought you wanted to see me. Well, I’ll tell you something. Your dear little friend is alone, and wants to see you too.”
“Well, of course she does! We’re traveling together!”
“Oh, but it’s way more than that,” said Kyra calmly.
Barry shook his head, narrowing his eyes in confusion. “What the heck are you talking about?”
Kyra rolled her eyes, still smiling. “Can’t you see? Kaira’s had feelings for you…..feelings that you’ve been ignoreing all along.”
Barry stared at her, not saying anything. Kyra took a step forward to him, looking deep into his eyes with a calmer, mystified expression. For a moment, she was almost starting to look like Kaira herself—once she took off that sharp, wicked glint in her eyes. “Here….lemme show you in a more suitable place.”
She suddenly took Barry’s face with her hands—her cold, spine-chilling hands—and gave him a sudden kiss on the lips, a kiss that made Barry’s heart freeze with shock, and then go into a confusing range of blankness. His head was spinning, and his eyes closed dreamily.
Barry suddenly opened his eyes, seeing into the feelings of Kaira. He was watching through all the things they had been through with each other—from the moment she had first moved into Twinleaf.
“Mom! Dad!” He was stomping down the stairs in a hurry. He watched himself with a vague feeling as he replayed the memories. “New neighbors are here! just right next to Lucas’s house!”
He was standing in front of the house of the new people. Lucas wasn’t even here to greet them yet. But Barry saw them—just two people, a man and a daughter about Barry’s own age, and their single moving van. There wasn’t much for them to unload.
He gave the man a friendly greeting, letting him know that the neighbors would soon eventually be back from pokemon training to welcome them.
“Well, nice to meet you,” Theodore greeted him. “The name’s Theodore Flockheart. And that’s my daughter, Kaira, over there.”
Barry turned his gaze to see her. She was standing by the van, not helping move anything in. Her eyes were clouded and lost, unblinking. It was like she was in her own world.
Barry approached her and gave her a smile. “Hi, I’m Barry.”
She took a moment to notice him. But she turned and met his gaze. “Hello…..” her voice seemed distant.
All the same, Barry couldn’t help being his talkative self, even around a person like her. He introduced her to the town of Twinleaf, and told her exciting things about him and his family. And as he went on talkatively, Kaira was starting to feel a new sense of relief to have met, him, listening with more intent to his blabbering than she seemed.
Pretty soon, Kaira and Barry got to know each other better. It was mostly just because Barry himself was always out on his feet, meeting people everywhere, and whenever he got the chance to see Kaira, he would let himself become friendly and welcome to her, and pretty soon, even she grew more friendly and comfortable towards him.
But there was something passed all that comfort she felt around him. Kaira loved him almost—secretly having feelings and thoughts about him as someone…..almost more than a friend.
Barry’s mind replayed back to when it was just a few days after their arrival to the planet of Gaiyah that he had jumped into the cold river to save Kaira, after she had foolishly and purposely thrown herself in. She had feelings for him—she was almost close to loving him. And with his determination for her, she had become a stronger hearted person along their journey. He recalled all the times she had grabbed his hand, and those looks she had given him when she stared at him in the eyes.
Barry suddenly felt drained and sorry for himself. He suddenly found himself falling through the air, and then landing with a thump on a hard, wooden surface, indoors of a strange house. For amoment, he lay there, squeezing his eyes shut.
“Chi……” Chibu’s small voice sounded behind him.
Barry slowly lifted his head to turn and look behind him. Chibu was hovering with a calm, saddened look, as if it were understanding what Barry was going through.
Barry sighed. “She loves me….doesnt she?”
“Chi…..”
“I’ve been unnoticing it all this time,” Barry suddenly felt angry and stupid for himself. “How could I?”
He looked out the window, realizing the place he was in. he was back in the Spirit Garden. He recognized the trees that grew the strange Gaiyah fruit.
Chibu hovered closer to him, and gave him a saddened, understanding look. As Barry gazed at its button-eyed face, he realized that the little pokemon was trying to tell him something that told him not to be afraid and that he still had time to show Kaira how much he really cared for her.
Barry sighed. “What do you mean I still have time? I’m all the way here—south at the Spirit Garden. I’m probably most likely in the region of Tunka again, in the mountains far away from where Kaira is now.”
“Mm-hm-hmmm, you still have me,” cooed a sly voice.
Barry turned to the right, where Kyra stepped through the half open door behind. She was approaching him with an untrusting smirk.
Barry felt a strange feeling run through him at the sight of her. She had kissed him—taking him through back in the Garden of Spirits. He rose up and took a step back, meeting her gaze with an intent expression.
“You…..what are you doing here? what do you want from ME?”
Kyra laughed. “Oh, nothing much. Just the feelings you would’ve given me if I were the daughter who had moved into Twinleaf rather than Kaira.”
Barry winced visibly. “Huh! I would’ve stayed the hell away from you! my dad would’ve done something about your stupid behavior.”
Kyra giggled. “I like your spirit.” She stepped towards him, and Barry was backing away. Chibu glared at Kyra and started shining brightly, but Kyra just walked passed it, giving it a flick with her fingers. Chibu gave a small cry and tumbled away in the air, and then dashed after her and Barry, entering the next room with them.
Barry suddenly stopped and flinched, looking all around him. What he saw scared him almost as much as Kyra’s presence. “Whoa--! What the…” all around him in the wooden room, the walls were covered with bodies of humans and pokemon, pinned to the wall with their arms and legs spread out so that they looked like an X stapled. The people were clothed, thankfully, though most of their clothes still stained with the dried blood from a long ago brutal sacrifice. They were lined evenly against the walls, in a pattern of human and pokemon, and their eyes were eithr closed tight with long time deaths, or wide open with clouded, nonliving expressions. The bodies were pale and shriveled, frozen from being dead and pinned against the wall for so long. Whoever had done this—was none other than a coldhearted, terrible soul, even worse than the devil itself. Chibu shivered and backed away from the dead figures hung on the wall.
“Surprised much?” Kyra spoke in a sassy voice.
Barry turned his head forward to face her with an awestruck look of horror. “Did….did YOU do this?!” He nearly choked out the words in disbelief.
“Ahah! Of course not! Come on, Barry. Don’t you recognize the way those bodies are pale and icy cold, as if SOMEONE had struck them with a power so terrible that it frozen their hearts out, turning them a pale, deathly color?”
And then it struck him. Barry’s heart lurched. Prima Dona. The name ran through his head and he suddenly felt the burn on the mark of his arm. It had been a while since he had felt the burn. But he realized something more in Prima Dona than just an evil witch of dark matter—she was an impossible soul, with an icy, cold heart that would never melt. She was what she was, and she couldn’t be changed. She had done this to the people and pokemon on the wall. He recalled what she had told him about the conflicts she had in the past of the ones that used to love her—ones that she had tricked and had brought into complete misery. Barry stared at each of the pokemon and people on the walls on both sides of him. there were probably about thirty or so altogether, and they all bore the wounds that showed they had been stabbed by the spear of Prima Dona, freezing their hearts until they died. They couldn’t live with a frozen heart like Prima Dona. They had died for her lies and trickery.
Kyra was smiling at him as if enjoying his look of disbelief. “You’re so cute when you’re surprised.”
“What happened to them?! what did Prima Dona DO?!” Barry demanded with a slight desperation in his voice. Now he knew why Prima Dona had wanted to pay a visit to this place along the way. Apparently, she still had spirits of the ones that she had loved, and even though she had killed them, her memories couldn’t fight the thoughts of wanting them back and alive—which eventually led to their formation here in the Spirit Garden as new spirits. Now, she had come back to kill them once and for all—to find the spirits of each of these dead bodies—and end their lives as spirits once and for all.
Kyra just stood there, her devious expression unchanging. “Oh, come on! Aren’t you happy? You love Prima Dona, don’t you? Kaira didn’t have to mention THAT for me to figure it out.”
“Happy?!” Barry suddenly shook his head and widened his eyes. “What did Kaira tell you?” He suddenly feared what Kaira could know, for the whole time he was traveling with Prima Dona, Chibu had been with them, and could’ve told Kaira his every move and feelings while he stuck with the terrible sorceress.
“She didn’t have to tell me much,” Kyra tilted her head with a raised look. “Just that she thinks you’re in love with Dawn, and that you’re too focused on her and your pokemon to even notice her feelings.”
Barry’s gaze suddenly faltered, and he felt the pang of sadness pulse through him. he recalled the times when he and Dawn had their moments as well—despite the way they were always treating each other like playful friends that thought each other careless and stupid.
“But anyways!” Kyra’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts. “She didn’t have to mention Prima Dona. One look at that mark on your arm told me EVERYTHING about your feelings and relationship with her.”
Barry tensed, and slowly put his arm over the symbol on his forearm.
Kyra giggled. “You’re captured by Prima Dona’s beauty and power. You’ve fallen in love with her—just like a many of these foolish pokemon and people on the wall. They’ve fallen under her power, and she led them to follow her, and do her will, until they suddenly realize what a witch she is and turn their backs on her. She will take advantage of you, and use your feelings of love for her to obey her and do what she wants them to do for her. If they continue to love and obey her, she will keep them by her side and let them stick with her. If not……she will turn on them and get rid of their worthless asses. If they don’t obey her and become like a slave to her, she just throws them in the garbage can like a worthless piece of junk.” Kyra cast a glance around her to gaze at the embodied figures on the wall. “Poor price these particular people had to pay,” she added in a simple tone.
Barry thought he would be sick. Chibu was glowing at his side, focusing its gaze on him, understanding the feelings he was going through. Barry suddenly felt all hope washed away from him. To think he had a love for that evil woman…..
Kyra gave him a raised looks. “Having second thoughts?” She looked satisfied and excited.
Barry met her gaze. “I……I can’t let this happen to me…” His symbol suddenly stung badly, and he winced, grabbing it tightly and trying to ignore the pain. “I can’t…..I can’t let myself become what Prima Dona wants me to be for her. I……I don’t want to end up like those people on the wall….” He forced the words through, feeling strained and torn apart, both by the symbol on his arm and the fear he suddenly felt about Prima Dona. He no longer felt the heart beating sense of admiration and love for Prima Dona. Instead, his heart beat with fear and regret, wanting to get out of this terrible place and away from Prima Dona’s grasp forever.
“Hah! I’m glad,” Kyra gave a small clap with her hands and then took a step forward. “Now……what about those feelings for Dawn?”
Barry gasped, taking a step back. “No—shut up about that! it’s none of your business, and you have no right to question me!” It was obvious to him that Kyra was going through each of his feelings for other people one by one. She wanted to rid his feelings for anyone else but her. but his love for Prima Dona hadn’t stopped because of her. from the moment he laid eyes on this room, he knew his feelings were completely washed away. he could never love any soul that would do so much as to kill pokemon and people in cold blood this way. Not even a chick as hot as Prima Dona. And now, Kyra wasjust wanting to test his feelings for Dawn….and then it would be Kaira next. But Barry backed away, feeling the fear of her lips pressing against his again. “No, get away from me!” He turned to flee, with Chibu by his shoulder.
But as he opened the door to the next room, he held a gasp, and closed it again. he turned to meet Kyra’s gaze with a wide-eyed expression, and then slowly turned to face the door again. He quietly opened it, peering into a room of darkness—where everything was pitch black, except for the fire that lighted in the fireplace at the far end of the room. He could make out two figures standing in front of the fireplace—one tall and glitteringly beautiful, no other than Prima Dona herself. The other was a slightly shorter man, with long hair that hung over his shoulders. The man was shirtless and pretty buff, good looking for girls of any age to squeal over. Barry could see him gazing into Prima Dona’s eyes with a lost expression.
Prima Dona was smiling wickedly at him, her eyes cold and a icy pale clear color in them. her pale skin was so white and cold compared to the fire, Barry thought she would melt. But she was uttering something with intent to the man, and he dropped to his knees, bowing his head at her heels. Prima Dona suddenly gave a creepy laugh that pierced across the dark room. She uttered something in a scary sounding language, making Barry’s blood run cold. She raised her arms and the room seemed to grow cold, and Barry could feel the draft that blew through him. the fire seemed powerless against the temperature.
Prima Dona suddenly stopped speaking, and the room was silent again. her chant was over, and she dropped her arms to her side. The man lifted his head up, gazing up at her with fear, and then Prima Dona gave him a kick at the neck with her sharp heel, making him gasp and tumble over. instantly, Prima Dona let out a devilish scream that turned into the roar of a Palkia. Barry grasped the doorknob tightly with horror, and suddenly Prima Dona leaped at the man, her face a terrible twist of rage and an inhumane, demonized new look. Her face was no longer fully human, but an ugly devil that bore the gross look of evil and bloodthirst. She devoured at the man, tearing his flesh apart, ripping his insides out and slashing at him with a rage of unbelievable fury.
Barry almost threw up right there. It was like seeing an animal predator tear at its prey. Prima Dona was devouring the man like a hungry lion. The fire to her side suddenly erupted with extreme intensity, and it wasn’t long until his blood and leftover organs suddenly melted and disappeared into the wooden dark floorboards.
“Ugh…” Barry covered his mouth, quickly shutting the door, his heart thudding with fear. He was pretty sure Prima Dona had seen him before he stopped watching. He whipped around to face Kyra, who was standing there with a look of sadness on her face.
“D-did you SEE that?!” Hissed Barry with disbelief. He almost felt sick.
Kyra’s eyebrows raised and then she gave him a look of disgust, wincing and shaking her head, rolling her eyes. in the split of a second, her body twisted and she disappeared out of sight.
“Hey!” Barry spoke aloud with surprise, reaching out a hand.
“Chi!” Chibu gave Barry a warning cry and Barry suddenly heard Prima Dona’s footsteps approach the door he had just closed.
Barry gasped and instantly made a run for it. He ran through the house, looking for any suitable place to hide, or to escape. The rooms were empty, with nothing but useless piles of logs and old shelves.
“Where’s the way out?!” He hissed, looking at Chibu with desperation. He felt like he was just going through the rooms endlessly.
“Chi!” Chibu shook its body, and Barry suddenly got the feeling that this was a strange, never ending house. Chibu was trying to tell him that the only way out, was to break out. There was no door that led to the outside of the house once you were inside.
“What?!” Gasped Barry.
He heard Prima Dona’s steps come closer. “Barry? My dear……is that you?” Her voice was edgy and sarcastic.
Barry flinched and headed towards the closest door to his side. He suddenly tripped with confusion as he realized he had entered the room of darkness, where he had just witnessed Prima Dona. But before he could turn back, he had tripped and fell to his chin, and the door closed shut behind him.
“Chiiiii!” Cried Chibu, glowing with fear.
Both of them were right by the side of the fireplace, which was quietly burning with a touch of blue, calm flames.
“Chibu…” Barry turned to look up at the pokemon with a worried look. “Whatever happens to me make sure you get to Kaira……and tell her--”
The door across the room suddenly flung open and Prima Dona’s tall figure suddenly entered in. A small red glowing pokemon hovered by her shoulder, and Barry recognized it as the little devil Chiba. “Ah! There you are! I was wondering why Chiba was being so bitchy and trying to tell me something. You’ve gone to see your little earth friends, haven’t you?” Prima Dona was speaking in a raised, cold voice, and Barry couldn’t tell whether she spoke with anger or pride. She was making her way up to him with Chiba hovering by her, smiling with its devious little snicker. It’s gaze was more focused on Chibu, who was frowning and narrowing its eyes bravely at the devil messenger.
Barry’s heart skipped a beat, and he replied with a quick, “Yes.”
Prima Dona stood by his side as he sat up to his knees. She was smiling coldly down at him, her eyes now a blue, hazy expression. Her piercing gaze did not lift his heart now. it struck him with a pain that made him want to leave her forever, and never gaze into those eyes again. To think what she had done to those people and pokemon…..
Prima Dona kneeled down and kept her wicked smile on her face. “So,” she spoke in a calm voice that scared Barry more than it would have if she’s screamed at him. He could tell she was angry for him to have left her like that, and that she probably knew every move he had made when he was gone. The symbol wasn’t hurting him, though it was giving him an uncomfortable tingle. “Are you proud of what your little friend is going thorugh? And how did you like my little project in that room?”
Barry felt sick again. his wide-eyed gaze suddenly narrowed. “Y-you killed them. everyone of those pokemon and people who had loved you and served you—they were only trying to do it for YOU. And then you kill them like that…”
Prima Dona chuckled wickedly. “They were mere fools!” She raised her voice, her crown suddenly giving off a strange glow Barry had never seen before. “As soon as they realized what would come of them if they continued to serve me—they turned their backs on me! They swore they would try to stop me, rather than stay by my side! I had to kill them when I had the chance.”
“The pokemon you have now…” Barry was looking at her with horror. “…..those are just the only ones that you have under you power, created by YOU yourself. They have the hearts of darkness and evil, as well as the power that no other pokemon their kind could have. And that’s because you created them…”
“Exactly!” Prima Dona was smiling at him evilly. “My dear pokemon with me will always be my partners—ones that will always stick by my side, no matter what.” She looked into his eyes with a piercing icy gaze. “Just like you, right? Didn’t you make a promise to me, Barry? That you would always stick by my side and do what you can for me no matter what?”
Barry tensed, feeling queasy.
Prima Dona leaned closer to Barry. He could smell the surprisingly sweet aroma scent that wafted around her face, feeling cold and refreshing to smell. Her eyes were a glittering menace, and Chiba was watching intently with the same look in its eyes.
"You promised me, didnt you?"
Barry met her gaze for a moment, and felt a chilling horror creep up his spine. His symbol started to glow with pain, and he shook his head slowly. "I....I can never trust you again. You-- you're a.....cannibal."
He tried to turn and escape, but Prima Dona shot up and grabbed his shoulders. Barry froze as he felt the cold grasp of both of her hands on each side. His eyes went wide, and he was lost in a daze of memory and dreams. Prima Dona was still beautiful to him-- whether he wanted to trust her or not. She bent down to whisper in his ear.
"I'm not just going to let you escape, you know," she murmured dangerously. Barry blinked slowly and dreamily at the feeling of her cold breath on his neck. "You know what I do to people who don't listen to me-- and to pokemon."
"Chi....." Chibu was watching helplessly as Chiba taunted it, hovering around the little pokemon with a mean look. It couldnt do anything to help in its locked veil.
Barry said nothing. He was holding his breath, not knowing what to think. Prima Dona was ready to kill him-- eat him and tear him part with gore, just like she had done to so many other pokemon and people. He felt Prima Dona's face become fierce and twisted, as sharp fangs began to grow and nearly touch his neck. He heard her inhale softly, and then it happened.
"CHIIIII--YAHHH!" Instantly, Chibu crashed itself into Chiba, making the red pokemon flinch and strike it back with confusion and anger. Chibu broke out of its veil and immediately hurled a shine of glowing yellow light towards Prima Dona, and threw her back off of Barry. She let out a quick scream and crashed into the side of the wall, her cold iced body nearly breaking. The fire by Barry exploded with intensity again, and Barry dropped to his knees, regaining his senses.
"Uh...." he gasped, panting.
"Chi!" Chibu dodged the angry Chiba next to it, and shot up to Barry.
"Chibu...." Barry was gazing up tiredly at the pokemon.
"Chi..." Chibu suddenly closed its eyes and aimed its arms at him.
"GrrrAHHHH!" Prima Dona easily fixed up herself and recovered without pain. A nasty look of ferocity glared in her eyes. "YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO GET---"
Barry couldnt hear the rest of her angry voice as he and Chibu disappeared from the room, traveling through a portal of darkness.

The underground tunnels were much bigger than Lucas expected them to be. In fact, they were about the size of a ten foot tall tube that made its way in front of them. He, Riley, Dawn, Chimchar, and Lucario were traveling on foot through the strange place, heading towards north.
All the while, Lucas had been feeling a strange, itching feeling in him about the presence of this place. He felt like he connected to this part of the region somehow, and felt the fire in his soul burn up whenever he spotted a single flame. To think that he, as an Infernape, could see into fire itself and read its warnings and signs for him, he felt like he was a special specimen for this place.
Lucario suddenly let out a low growl. “Feeling burned up yet?” He muttered.
Lucas turned to him. “W-well, kinda. Riley says these underground passageways lead to a world of their own if you travel down deep enough. He even says it may even lead to the very core of the planet.”
Chimchar turned to meet his gaze. “Ooh, boy that sounds interesting. I wouldn’t be surprised about ever finding myself in the center of the planet in a dimension like this.”
Lucario wasn’t meeting his gaze, but he remained firm with a determined look in his eyes. “Hmm, you pay close attention to the fire that burns within you,” he said intently. “I may just be a mere soul you’re looking at from the fifth dimension, but I have enough knowledge to know about certain things within the aura. I can especially feel what’s burning in yours.”
Lucas raised his eyes at the pokemon. Whatever he meant, it sounded important, and it made Lucas want to become more aware of himself. If he was an Infernape and one of three to complete the prophecy of bringing back the souls of Gaiyah together, then he must be ready.
Lucas looked up to where Riley and Dawn kept in front of them. Riley was no longer carrying her. Dawn’s leg had recovered enough so that she could walk again, but strangely enough, she had woken up with a wounded cut on her ankle. It had already been wrapped around in a bandage, but Riley was sure that he hadn’t bandaged it himself. Dawn just reassured them that perhaps she must’ve cut it when they were trying to escape the Braviary in the dead body of the Garchomp, and that she woke up, noticing it and wrapping it around with a cloth she had. Lucas didn’t believe her. if she had a cut on her ankle that bled enough to be bandaged, Lucas wouldve noticed it. whatever had caused that cut must have happened just recently when they had been sleeping—and Dawn wasn’t exactly telling them the truth. It also seemed strange that her fever had healed so quickly also. She was traveling almost perfectly fine again by Riley’s side, eagerly sharing her adventures with the trainer, and listening happily to his stories of his own adventures through the Iron Islands.
Lucario had sensed Dawn’s feelings as well. The pokemon closed its eyes and whispered to Lucas, “There really is something Dawn isn’t telling us. But not even I am strong enough to read it. It’s as if there’s something blocking my visions to read any further into her aura, and that’s probably the influence of being in another dimension.”
Lucas sighed and nodded. “Well, if I were a human again, I would deliberately ask her myself. she’s not going to keep anymore secrets from me, and I wanna be more aware of her feelings, just like I was when she first found the egg of baby Dovanna.”
Riley stopped and then looked around. “Wait……there’s something up ahead.”
Dawn looked forward. “Hmm? Could it be another pokemon?”
“Aw great!” Groaned Chimchar. “If it’s another pokemon, I swear it’s gonna be a big one again. I feel so small in this region! First, that giant Starly, then the dead, four bus long Garchomp. And then that Braviary--”
“I’m sure it’s no pokemon,” said Riley, casting a glance over to Lucario. “But Lucario scents something also. Let me take a look first.” Riley headed towards the corner of the tunnel way, leaving Dawn, Lucas, and everyone else near the other side of the wall. When he finally peeked his head around, he had a look of relief in his eyes. “It’s alright, come and take a look. you’ll be surprised at who I found,” he cast a wink at Dawn.
Lucas raised his eyebrows hopefully and the rest of them peered behind the wall, looking into an enclosed area of boiling hot magma and a large pool of lava. The area was a dead end, and there was no way to the other side of the pool of lava. But what Dawn and Lucas saw surprised them even more.
“Oh my gosh!” Dawn cried happily. “Buck!”
There, standing in front of the lava pool, was Buck. By his side, was his own Infernape, burning with fierceness and power. Lucas felt so small next to it, and he kept himself from taking a step back with nervousness.
Buck was standing with his arms crossed, looking his proud, determined self. “Well! Hello there, Dawn. I’m surprised to find you in the very world of my dream.”
Dawn laughed. “Oh, you have no idea.” She gave him a small shake of her head, and Lucas felt that if he could walk into the fiery depths of Buck’s dreams in this region of Lluyan, he could feel even more intensified by the spirit of fire.
Buck just let out a loud laugh. “Well, I knew Riley would bring me a surprise. this is one of the most strangest places to be in when I dream—but YOU guys are really in here for real? You aren’t just traveling here through a dream? Wow……I gotta say, you’re making me burn with curiosity!”
“Hey, Buck?” Riley walked up to him with a serious look on his face. his dark eyes still gleamed with a deep look of observing. “Perhaps you could help take us out of this place and towards the borders of this region? Since this is a dead end underground, we would have to be traveling above on foot again, and we could use some extra help on the environment above.”
“Huh!” Muttered Lucas. “Not even Buck could withstand a giant pokemon.”
Chimchar huffed. “Yeah, at least if the pokemon kills him or Riley, they can just wake up alive back on their planet where they were sleeping. The rest of us have a disadvantage since our real spirits from earth are here for real, not from dreaming.”
Buck let out a haughty breath and looked at his Infernape. “Well, what do ya say, Infernape? Care to add a little bit of excitement to our dream?”
Infernape let out a ferocious cry and blazed with fire that made even Lucas’s face feel hot.
“Alrighty then! Help us Dig our way outta here!” And Buck’s Infernape leaped to the ceiling and dug out a large hole with its strong fists.
Pretty soon, Lucas, Dawn, Riley, Lucario, and Chimchar were climbing out of the underground tunnels, and entering a wide open space where the sky seemed to have cleared from all the smoke, though the thick clouds covered up any bright sunshine. The blank sky made the grassy meadow around them look uninviting and secretive. As Lucas looked around, there was not a single tree in sight, and probably wasn’t one for miles. They must have traveled a great long way from the volcano, for he scented no more smoke in the air. Ahead of them towards the north, were the icy mountains of the Yonga region. They seemed so far away, yet Lucas felt like here, in the region of Lluyan, he could run and run forever without ever getting tired. Even here, in the soft grasslands, Lucas could yet feel the heartbeat of the planet from its very core. He felt even more connected to this place.

Buck and his Infernape jumped out of the hole behind them. “Okay, so after you all cross this very meadow, you will find yourselves crossing the border of Lluyan into the mountains that shall lead to Yonga. Right when you pass the border before the mountains—that must be when we shall part.”
Dawn turned to look sorrowfully at Riley. He was gazing down at her with a calm, admiring look. “Riley…..you really can’t escape your dream into this world, can’t you?”
Riley shook his head. “I’m only present here in my dreams when I dream myself here. But I’m only able to show up in the region of Lluyan. It’s just the matter of the portals in this dimension—they work in a way so that they keep track of the certain spirits that can come and go.”
Dawn nodded and chuckled. “You seem like you know this place as well as a real person from here would.”
Lucas nodded, casting Lucario a raised glance. He wished he were as observant and clever as Riley and Lucario.
They traveled along again, and Riley and Dawn told Buck their whole story again, and pretty soon, Buck figured out that Lucas himself really was an Infernape. He seemed to have treated Lucas with a much better authority, as if respecting his sudden change to be a pokemon. Lucas felt hotly embarrassed, though he was happy that at least he could still feel welcome even though he was a pokemon now.
“Ho!” Buck called, looking out behind them, covering his eyelids with his hands. “Look over there! I see the light! And it’s coming from the grass, as well!”
Everyone turned at his sudden exclamation, and Lucas widened his eyes in awe. The sky was glowing a bright hole just a little ways behind them, shining down on the ground and making the light green grass sparkle. A lady emerged from the ground, rising with a green, bright, glowing intensity. Her arms were slightly spread out to her side, and her beautiful green hair blew around behind her.
Chimchar let out a gasp. “Is it the earth goddess or something?”
Lucas shook his head, staring in awe at the lady. He knew exactly who it was. “No….it’s…”
“Cheryl!” Dawn cried out with glee, nearly jumping up.
Cheryl gracefully made her way to them as the light started fading form behind her. Her eyes were a strange blankness, for she was just entering her dream and hadn’t become fully awake yet in her dreamworld. But pretty soon, she slowly blinked her calm, beautiful eyes and met her gaze at Dawn. “Oh…..Dawn…..Lucas….it’s so great to see you all again.”
Lucas flinched. He hadn’t expected Cheryl to know that he was a pokemon already.
“What are you doing here?” Riley asked, with the same awestruck look in his eyes.
Cheryl met his gaze, and shook her head quickly. “You all should get away from me. I’ve had a terrible dream already—and now I’m entering it myself. I’ve dreamt up to see my own pokemon to terrible things, and now I’ve entered it myself.” She was speaking with urgency, and fear in her voice.
Buck winced at her. “What? Are you saying--”
“I don’t know—it’s just one of those nightmares one can have for no apparent reason,” said Cheryl quickly, narrowing her eyes and putting a hand on the side of her head. “You know those random dreams of terrible things happening for no real reason? Well…….I just had one of those.”
Lucas widened his eyes. Uh-oh. Walking into somebody’s nightmare? He didn’t want to be part of a nightmare—for real.
Dawn gasped. “What did you dream about?”
Suddenly, the meadow rumbled with a low thundering noise, and Lucas looked around to see that a herd of Stantler and Sawsbuck were dashing towards the north, all headed in the same direction, all crying out with fear and terror. Something was chasing them.
Cheryl gasped. “I’ve dreamed of my pokemon fighting a terrible bunch of poison types. They were hurting all my dear partners……and now I’ve come to see those monsters hurt others as well. Poison types and vicious little monsters…..” Cheryl was speaking in a distant voice. Clearly, she was too scared in her dream to notice how Lucas and Dawn had gotten here themselves. She was probably in a state that she didn’t exactly recognize herself in her own dream—or the people around her. Lucas guessed she must be half dreaming. Her body was transparent and still slightly glowing, making her look like a nature spirit. “,,,,,,you must all get out of here as soon as you can,” she warned, suddenly walking forward. “Run……run before they catch you!” And she took off, running towards the north.
Everyone watched her go with a confused look.
“Huh!” Said Buck, crossing his arms. “I guess she’s having an awkward dream.”
Riley and Lucario both tensed, and then both narrowed their eyes. Lucas admired their sudden sense of awareness. Riley spoke with intent. “No……something’s coming. We must follow her.”
Suddenly, a herd of Stantler bounded around them, their hooves stomping the ground in a rush. Dawn gasped and looked around frantically at all the pokemon that surrounded them, running past them in a stampede. Suddenly, a Stantler was instantly pulled to the ground, and disappeared into the tall grass with a cry of horror. Something had grabbed it and brought it down, and Lucas couldn’t even see what it even was. pretty soon, pokemon here and there were tripping and falling into the tall grass, never getting back up again.
A Deerling was headed towards Lucas’s back, but instantly, it let out a cry and fell to the ground, disappearing in the tall grass.
Lucas immediately sensed what was happening. He heard a creep hissing underneath him and leaped into the air before the mouth of a Seviper snapped out to grab at his heels, barely missing him. “Seviper! Arbok! Run!” Lucas cried, landing onto the tall grass and making a dash for it. everyone was immediately at his heels as Dawn screamed from an Arbok creeping up at her heels, hidden in the tall grass.
Lucas, Dawn, Riley, and Buck eventually caught up to Cheryl, who was running at full speed. Stantler and other grassland pokemon were all around, all spread out.
“Hey!” Riley was at Cheryl’s side. “You dreamt this up, didn’t you?”
“I’m terribly sorry!” She gasped. “I just wanna wake up, right now! but I can’t!”
“Let yourself be killed!” Yelled Buck. “Allow one of the Seviper to catch your heels and pull you down into the tall grass! You can wake up and erase this whole thing!”
Lucas huffed. “I’m afraid it’s not as simple as that!” He yelled, even though the humans couldn’t understand him. something about the fiery hearth within this place seemed to holding onto certain spirits—and keep them from getting erased once they entered the dimension. If they were dreamt up by someone from their own world all the way from earth—the fiery soul may sometimes even keep it and stop it from becoming erased once the dreamer wakes up. this very meadow—it was filled with a fire soul within that allowed that. he could feel it burning inside him.
Suddenly, a Stantler that had been running next to him was pulled into the tall grass by a snarling pokemon hidden beneath. Lucas winced, and then suddenly felt the presence of another species creeping up by their heels, stalking the frantic pokemon all around them.
In the distance, a Rapidash leaped into the air, avoiding a pull from the slinking pokemon beneath the tall grass, but a figure leaped out and bit at its heels, pulling down the pokemon with incredibly fierce strength. The pokemon had been quick to leap up and pull that Rapidash back down into the grass, but Lucas had made out the shape of a four-legged feature with a dark cover over its face.
“Ahh!” Riley yelled. “Dawn, watch out! Lucario!”
Lucario growled and dodged a stalking Arbok, and Buck’s Infernape blew a bust of flames at the pokemon. It was looking all around its heels as it ran on, spitting fire at any pokemon that was creeping beneath the grass. Suddenly, it flinched to pause and punch at the same four-legged pokemon before taking off again, and Lucas realized that there were Deino as well, slinking under the tall grass after the running pokemon, dragging down their terrified prey.
Lucas ran on with everyone else, feeling suddenly small and helpless. Just before, they had been terrified of encountering pokemon that towered the world, too big for the eye to see. Now, they were being stlked and chased by sneaky little pokemon below the grass, as well as the snakes. Lucas watched helplessly as pokemon from all around were randomly being pulled to the ground, disappearing in the tall grass to be eaten by the predators hidden benath. Lucas didn’t want any of them to be next. He kept by Dawn’s side with a determined look towards the mountains. Their speed was getting faster, and they seemed to be almost there. How long would these pokemon chase them?
“Ahh! Look out!” Dawn cried as a Deino crept behind her heels, disappearing underneath the grass to try and snap at her ankle.
Lucas let out a cry and blew a Flamethrower at the pokemon. The Deino gave out a helpless cry and seemed to stop stalking after them, but suddenly, another one was making its way up to them. as Lucas focused on the tall grass behind Dawn, trying to run and keep up with the others at the same time, something suddenly struck him from the front. He had tripped over a Seviper, and a Deino managed to leap out from his front, headed towards Dawn.
Dawn didn’t even get to scream as the fierce pokemon crashed into her face, and she fell down into the tall grass, crying a muffled yell as the pokemon snarled and fought with her underneath the hidden grass.
Lucas gasped and tore through the tall grass, managing to slash at the Deino before he even knew where it was hidden. He found Dawn’s body laying through the grass, lying on her face.
“Lucas! Dawn!” Riley’s yell was suddenly distant, and the rest of the group were already ahead of them in the distance with Cheryl, still running for their lives.
Lucas immediately picked up Dawn’s body and dashed after them both.
“Dawn……no!” Lucas gasped, running at full speed, and gazing down at her unconscious face. her eyes were closed and her body was already beomcing paler. She was still alive, but Lucas could feel that something terrible must have happened to her. there was a bite on her throat, right at the very center. The Deino had bitten into her, and something as ugly as the wound itself seemed to have entered her.


Far across the mountains of Yonga, Paul was sitting at the edge of a lonely harbor. The Solar grunts he and Dionza were leading had stopped to rest in a strange, lonely town called Exim Lodge. The place was merely a rest area, with barely any houses and people living around. There was a river that led from the ocean, all the way up to the harbor in the town, and Paul found it strange for part of an ocean to ever lead to one of the highest elevations up in the mountains.
He sighed and got up, taking a stroll down the deck. He narrowed his eyes at what seemed like a small raft floating in the distance. Suddenly, he gasped and took a step back, realizing what was floating towards him. the raft was a mere flat surface, and attached to it on top—was Dawn’s unconscious body.

The baby Dovanna flew high up among the misty air of the mountains. Kaira followed halfheartedly, deep in her thoughts about everything that had just happened to her. wherever her stupid twin, Kyra, had gone, she was probably off to screw with Barry. The look in her eyes after she had mentioned the way he must’ve felt about Dawn, there was probably no mistaking that she was conflicted and jealous over her—just as angry as Kaira herself had felt about Dawn.
“I hope it’s not going to be my fault,” she muttered quietly to herself, kicking a rock in her way as she hiked up after the Dovanna. “If anything happens to Dawn……I just hope….” Kaira couldn’t say it. she had to be honest with herself. She did want something to happen to Dawn, for she was the whole reason Barry probably didn’t even notice her feelings for him. but Kaira never wanted anyone to get hurt. She just wanted that if Barry had any feelings for someone, that someone would be her—not that Dawn who had treated her like some kind of weirdo that didn’t belong in Twinleaf.
Dovanna suddenly flapped its wings at Kaira’s face, snapping her out of her thoughts. The little white bird was chirping an accusing tone, and had a look of irritation in its eyes. kaira instantly understood what the pokemon was trying to tell her. “You’re sayin I should just lighten up and feel thankfull around Dawn,” said Kaira a little snappishly. The pokemon cooed in agreement. Kaira huffed. “I try to…..I mean…she and I actually have become better friends along our journey…but….whenever I just think about what she’s doing to Barry inside, I just….”
Dovanna suddenly flapped its wings roughly, giving Kaira a narrowed look through its loving, blue eyes. kaira looked up to it, and reached out a hand. it settled quietly on her finger, and looked into her eyes. kaira suddenly felt calmed and happy with the spirit of the pokemon beside her. Dovanna was the love pokemon of the fifth dimension, and this young hatchling was none other than the same thing. Kaira felt her heart lighten up again—though she knew something was still missing. She still didn’t feel the love in her. of course, she did feel admiration and happiness around this pokemon, but she still hadn’t felt any love in her heart, to love the pokemon and keep that feelings within her eternally. She had literally lost all her urge to love anything again ever since the real Dovanna had been banished. Ever since Prima Dona had banished Kaira herself. And the young Dovanna was telling her something. Dovanna was trying to reach its love towards Kaira’s heart, though it was still too young and not powerful enough as the real Dovanna, to actually bring the love back. It was telling Kaira to find it herself.
Kaira breathed a small breath. “Dovanna……I must find love….I must find a way to love again, don’t I? I….I can never obtiain the feelings back, and I can never find the real missing Dovanna if….if I don’t learn to love the way it can myself.”
The little Dovanna let out a cooing fom its throat, gazing into Kaira’s eyes with shining understanding. Kaira closed her eyes. barry was the closest she had ever come close to loving. He was the spirit that lightened her heart, and made her feel like her real self when she was around him. she wanted so badly to see him again—to love him and have him love her back. She suddenly felt herself drifting to sleep as she walked on, carrying the baby Dovanna on her fingers. The pokemon was closing its eyes as well.
Pretty soon, Dovanna spread its small, feathery white wings, and Kaira found her body drifting slowly through the misty air. Her body felt cold and washed away as she felt herself drift higher and higher, feeling herself move through the mountain until the Dovanna lifted off her fingers and cooed. She woke up in a warm, soft area where she found herself lying on a smooth rug. A fireplace burned in front of her, and she realized she was in a small log house, where the only room inside was the one she was in. the door was loose and creaking open from the wind outside. She looked out a window and saw that she was high up in the snowy parts of the mountains, where she had finally entered the region of Yonga. The young Dovanna had flown towards the door, hovering with an intent look in its large blue eyes. kaira slowly got up and made her way towards it. she opened the door to the cold area around her. there were small log houses around, though she doubted if anyone even lived in there. The place was as quiet and deserted as a town in the mountains can be, and she felt like she was the only one at the top of this large mountain right now.
“We still have to get to the other side of this place, so that we can cross the terrain that leads to Phandolia’s mountain,” murmured Kaira. Unless we want to follow east of this region, and stay along the mountains, we’ll eventually find the Phandolia Spear, but it would treacherous. I….I don’t want to lose anymore than I already have. We have to get off to the other side and continue on flat ground to find the other side of the Yonga mountains.”
“Douuuuuu,” Dovanna cooed, pointing its beak forward, towards the strange river in the distance. Kaira winced.
“Strange to find that a river hasn’t frozen all the way up here,” said Kaira. She suddenly had a memorable feelings of what the river actually was. “To think that it lead from the ocean….”
Kaira followed the river downstream, and then stopped to fill a small pond. There was a harbor at one side of the pond, and Kaira neared the small lodge by the deck, feeling a strange feeling as she got closer. Suddenly, she gasped at the sight of what seemed to be a human kneeling by the edge of the deck. She nearly lost her breath as she realized the person was Paul—and he was still dressed in that dark purple black suit that Team Solar wore. She looked around frantically. There must be other Solar grunts around here as well—Solar grunts that must have been on their trail. She thought she had lost the Solar grunts long ago back in Aubrun Leaf City! Apparently, Paul had found himself here…..but how?
Dovanna was hovering above her head, and remained quiet. Kaira crept closer and kneeled down behind a small rock that jutted out at the corner of the lodge behind Paul. He was observing something that looked like a flat square surface, with a body on top of it.
“Shh…it’s me,” his voice seemed to say.
And Kaira widened her eyes at the sight of who he was speaking to.
“Dawn…..it’s me. It’s Paul.”
A small groan sounded from the body. “Uh…..what? where am I? I’m dreaming again, aren’t I?”
“I believe so,” said Paul quietly, laying a hand on her forehead.
“Am I dead now? the last time I was awake, I was….I was running from a bunch of pokemon hidden in the tall grass—they were sneaking up after Lucas and the rest of us and……one of them managed to catch me.”
Paul raised his eyebrows. “Well…..if you were dead, you wouldn’t have come to me like this. You woudlve passed on to a different dimension, where you can never return to me again. apparently, you’ve found your way back to me in your own dream, where you could wake up in the same world, not too far away.”
Kaira was listening with disbelief. Thoughts were racing through her mind. Dawn—able to dream herself to another place. Able to sleep in one part of the world, and then wake up in another place in her dream. Kaira could imagine her body lying somewhere else, asleep, while another part of her spirit was right here in a dream. But how was that possible? Kaira knew that the only way to find another soul in its dream was if they dreamt from another dimension, waking up in the region of Lluyan only. Kaira narrowed her eyes, looking deeply at Dawn. This must have something to do with the three beings of earth. Dovanna was cooing intently and quietly. Kaira cast a glance at the pokemon and nodded. There was a shine of light glowing around Dawn’s body as she lay on Paul’s lap, showing that this particular spirit was just a replicate of herself, while her real body was not too far away in the region of Lluyan. The light glowed brightly and her body was like an angel, showing that this was just another spirit part of her soul that was alive and awake in a dream. Kaira suddenly raised her eyebrows. she remembered….one of the three beings shall be blessed and cursed by the element of light. Dawn must possess the strange power of winding up somewhere else as she dreamt, for the light in her soul that she possessed allowed her to pass through the portals of finding herself in another part of this very dimension in just a simple dream. The light in her was what let her do things like this, and here she was, lying in front of Paul, resting her head on his knees.
As she shifted her head, Paul let out a gasp. “Your forehead…….there’s a terrible cut. That Deino really slashed at your face, didn’t it?”
Dawn sighed. “It’s nothing, it will heal--”
“Stop saying that,” said Paul, a little snappishly. “Come on, I have to help you. The other Solar grunts are asleep in the back cabin. You can rest in this cabin right here.” He turned to nod at the harbor.
Dawn turned with a frail look in her eyes. “Oh….Paul…..”
Kaira held her breath as Paul carried her in his arms, lifting her off the raft. He didn’t notice Kaira’s presence behind the rock to his left as he entered the small cabin at the end of the deck. Kaira snuck in right behind him as he opened the door. She hid behind a tall chair that stood y the window of the cabin, and Paul let Dawn rest on the couch in front of it.
Dawn shivered. “It’s terribly cold, this couch.”
Paul looked at her. “If I could light a fire, I would.”
Dawn shook her head. “Please, you’ve done enough to even care about my safety. You’re supposed to kill me, aren’t you?”
Paul sighed and looked away. “Prima Dona’s probably watching me. I……I havent received any warning signs—from Prima Dona or Chiba.”
“Chiba?”
Kaira listened carefully at this.
Paul turned to meet Dawn’s curious gaze with a narrowed look in his eyes. “The devil Chiba. You see…..back in that route near Floaroma Town—back in OUR dimension on earth, I discovered traces of a peculiar pokemon that I thought was similar to Rowan’s strange discoveries. I ended up meeting the devil Chiba in Mt. Coronet, and I….I was immensely transfixed by the pokemon, captured by its power and red glow. It tricked me and got me into obeying it, driving me to do the craziest things to prove how worty of a trainer I could be. It even made me want to join Team Solar…”
“You really wanted to catch that pokemon for your own, didn’t you?” Said Dawn, looking saddened and surprised.
Paul closed his eyes and looked down. “I……I was lost in a daze of ambition and power, and Chiba was telling me some pretty important things that made me feel even hungrier for power, and to control pokemon. It told me to prove how strong I could really be, to make it happy and see if I am worthy enough to become that pokemon’s own partner. I served Prima Dona, joining Team Solar and turning my heart against all of you who tried to stop me. I’ve…..i’ve became the failure I really am. I really shouldn’t have done what I have done….and now….”
“You’re no failure,” said Dawn, sitting up. “Paul…..you can still change. You don’t have to impress Chiba—it’s a devil. Don’t you see what it wants you to do? it isnt looking for all the recklessness you can do to impress it. It doesn’t care about all the cities you take over, or all the pokemon you gain power over. it cares about your inner soul—whether you can really become as dark as it wants it to be. It wants to see if you can really find your way to become as demonized as itself—finding your own way to become as evil as Team Solar. It’s trying to open up that dark spot in your heart.”
Kaira raised her eyebrows at Dawn. She was voicing almost exactly what Kaira was thinking. So Paul HAD some kind of contact with a devil spirit-- and it was the very pokemon messenger, Chiba, itself. And it was no wonder he was driven this far to bond with Team Solar and become even more coldhearted than he really was. Chiba had been lifting his spirits up to do become more and more ambitious, wanting to see if Paul really had a dark side that would open up and overcome him.
Paul was staring at Dawn with a dazed look in his eyes. “You’re right……Chiba doesn’t want to see what I could do physically-- it wants to see what I can do mentally, deep inside of me.”
Dawn nodded. “You’re right. You can keep serving Prima Dona, becoming her slave and capturing as much pokemon as you want, but it all won’t mean a thing if deep down inside, you believe it’s the wrong thing. You have to accept those actions, and become as evil as they are themselves. don’t let Chiba do that to you. You don’t have to make choices like this-- you can bond with pokemon and stay strong at the same time. You don’t use them just for battling tools. They’re more than that-- they are friends that stick with you loyally whether they are physically strong in battle or not.”
Paul was gazing at Dawn, and Kaira could tell by the look in his eyes that he was seeing a new light in her. Dawn was shining with a brighter intensity, and Paul was suddenly looking hopeful.
Dawn rose up and stood just a few feet away from him, and then slowly took a few steps forward. Paul kept his eye on her gaze, and the both of them were standing right in front of each other, looking into each other’s eyes with a shine of hope and longing.
Kaira watched with intensity, She almost expected them to kiss. She had never realized how much Dawn could’ve felt about Paul. How many times could have she been seeing him like this? Did Lucas even know about this? Kaira wondered how Barry could feel about this. Kaira herself had always wanted Dawn to stay clear from Barry, and somehow end up with Lucas so that she could have Barry all to herself. But with Paul? Kaira hadn’t really expected their relationship to be this close.
Just to the window behind them, she could see the young Dovanna fluttering with an alert look in its eyes, watching them with a loving kind of intent. Perhaps the love pokemonitself could be summoning all their feelings and love for each other, making them feel more strongly about each other’s presence.
“Paul…….you can make a choice,” spoke Dawn.
Paul nodded. “I know….but I can’t just abandon Team Solar right now. You don’t understand--”
“You don’t have to abandon them. You can just play evil with them. Pretend you are still on their side, when really, you can try to--”
“No, you don’t understand. I mean….there’s someone in Team Solar……someone who looks to me as….as someone more than….”
Dawn gasped. “No. it’s her, isn’t it?”
Paul said nothing, but the look on his face exposed what he meant to say. Kaira blinked, a strange thought suddenly occurring in her head. Was Paul in love with someone in Team Solar? Or was someone in Team Solar in love with him? The look on his face looked regretful and wary. He was staring at Dawn with a sorry look.
Dawn was beginning to falter. “Oh…..”
Paul sighed. “Dawn, she really isn’t that special to me……anymore. I….I don’t know if she even cares for me anymore. She’s recruited some strange pirates off the coast back in the region of Tunka, and apparently, she’s been quite flirty with them. I don’t know if I really trust her anymore.”
Dawn shook her head. “You think about it. I don’t want to confuse you with any decisions….if you’re really engaged with someone in Team Solar.”
She headed back towards the couch and sat down, lying on her side.
Paul looked sorrowfully at her. “Are you going to rest?”
“I….I really can’t wake up back where I really am right now….I might as well just stay here and recover.” She turned to him with a longing gaze. “You’re the one who should really rest, and think about what you should do. I hate to see you so torn between this. It makes me feel…..far away from you.”
Paul sighed and walked towards her to give her a blanket. “Dawn….I really do care for you. I-- I just can’t bear to kill you, even if it means gaining power over pokemon stronger than the world itself. I think….I think I’ve known my real decision all along. I couldn’t give you up for the sake of that little devil pokemon…”
Dawn was staring into his eyes as she took the blanket. “Well….it’s really up to you.”
Paul turned away and looked out the window. If Kaira wasn’t hidden behind the chair, Paul would’ve seen her.
Suddenly, Kaira saw the young Dovanna fly from the window, and suddenly swoop pass the window behind her. Paul’s eyes suddenly widened, and he started making his way towards the door. Kaira held her breath, her heart beating at what he could’ve seen.
“Paul?” Dawn’s gaze followed him towards the door.
“Did you see that? Was that just…..” Paul opened the door, letting a draft of cold air sweep through. Kaira narrowed her eyes at the stinging wind, and crept out the door as Paul made his way out of the cabin.
Kaira caught a glimpse of Dovanna heading towards the bare tree that stood to the right of the cabin, hiding up in the thick, dead branches.
Paul whipped his head over to catch a glimpse of something moving in the tree. He started walking towards the tree, his eyes fixed and narrowed.
Kaira couldn’t let him see baby Dovanna, whether Dawn had told him about it or not. Who knew what the heck Dawn could’ve discussed with that traitor? Kaira understood what Paul’s feelings could be going through. But that didn’t mean he could still betray them by exposing whatever Dawn told him about their journey. Perhaps that was why Paul and the other Solar grunts were on their same path!
Kaira rose up, glaring at Paul from behind, her light brown hair blowing in the chilly snowy breeze.
“Paul,” her voice was firm and demanding. Paul stopped and turned slowly to meet her gaze.
His eyes widened and he clenched his fists. “Kaira…? It’s you. What are YOU doing here?” He was speaking in a low voice. His expression suddenly darkened and he looked more like his arrogant, angry self rather than the dazed, soft person he had been with Dawn.
Kaira’s eyes flashed in the moonlight. “Same as you. We’re still heading north. What’s been going on with you? Still keeping with Team Solar?” She pretended like she hadn’t seen anything of him and Dawn together.
Paul blinked and looked uneasy. “Uh….well, yeah of course.” He narrowed his eyes. “So where’s everyone else? Where’s Barry? Or Dawn?”
Kaira bit back the stinging feeling that welled up inside of her as he pretended as if nothing had happened in the cabin either. It was probably obvious that he knew what had happened to Barry since he still kept contact with Prima Dona, and also everything Dawn must‘ve told him. “You havent figured it out yet? We’ve separated. Barry’s with Prima Dona. Lucas and Dawn are traveling separately, as well as Seth and Delaine.”
“Oh, yeah….I know what happened to Barry….” Paul looked down with a distracted look in his eyes.
Kaira raised his eyebrows. “So…..how have things been going?” She spoke in a curious tone. “How are Team Solar treating you? Do you think you’re fit for them? Do you ever think about…..turning your back on those evil dark souls?”
Paul looked up at Kaira with a narrowed look. “What I am doing with Team Solar does not concern you.”
“Oh really? Well, it seems as if what we’re doing concerns YOU. What were you doing in that cabin over there?”
Paul crossed his arms. “None of your business. You know, I would be calling out the rest of Team Solar out to take care of you for showing up like this-- but I’ve chosen to not. Your sudden presence concerns me. I was expecting you all to still be trailing in the region of Lluyan still. How’d you make it up here so fast?”
Kaira huffed. He was concerned because Dawn had told him that everyone else was back in the region of Lluyan, still trying to find their way up to this mountain. Kaira wondered if Paul thought she herself had the same ability as Dawn, to wake up in a dream that took her to another place.
“That’s none of YOUR business,” replied Kaira.
Paul opened his mouth to snap back something rash, but then he couldn’t think of what to say. For a moment, they both stared at each other with a narrowed look of uncertainty, expecting each other to make a sudden move. The snowy wind blew around them and Kaira felt like she could stand there like a frozen statue forever.
From behind, the baby Dovanna flew from the branches of the bare tree, disappearing high into the dark sky. Kaira suddenly felt the urge to go. But before she left, she wanted to tell Paul something.
“Whatever happens, just remember…..” she was gazing into his eyes with a glint of fierceness. “….you can always change. You can always make a choice. You don’t have to keep going on like this-- you don’t need a pokemon like the devil Chiba to be your partner.”
As soon as Paul’s eyes widened with surprise, wondering how Kaira even knew about that, he took a step back, and Kaira turned to walk away back down the hill, her body disappearing in the distant falling snowflakes.
Kaira was aware of Paul’s gaze watching after her. She looked up to the sky, and the young Dovanna was swooping down, and she followed the young pokemon, walking alongside the running river.


As Paul watched her leave, he felt a queasy feeling enter inside him. How had Kaira known about…..the devil Chiba? Had….had she been spying on him? The more Paul thought about Kaira, the more she crept him out. According to the prophecy, and what Dawn had told him, she was supposed to be a natural born of this very dimension-- and she had returned to fulfill the whole prophecy about the three beings from earth, to restore the pokemon Gaiyah. Paul was supposed to stop her-- and especially her.
“What have I done?” He muttered through clenched teeth. “I had my chance to catch her alone, and kill her in cold blood to stop her from making the prophecy come true.” He looked up, suddenly feeling the urge to run after her and find her again to destroy her. He still had the dagger in his pocket. One stab would kill the soul of a being, and replace it with a dark spirit. She could become like one of them-- like one of Team Solar. And he had just let her go like that. “Prima Dona will be angry with me.” He cursed at himself for being so stupid. He dashed after where Kaira had disappeared, and looked around through the cold falling snow with a look of determination in his eyes.
Suddenly, he stopped. He was by a large icy cliff by the river. “What am I doing…?” He muttered. He had been hoping to give up what Team Solar had driven him-- and listen to what Dawn had told him. He couldn’t go on like this. He couldn’t kill Dawn, so he couldn’t kill Kaira. He couldn’t kill anybody, and he would never listen to Prima Dona or Chiba again. His mind was spinning with confusion. He was just ready to turn back, until he heard a strange laughing around him.
Paul turned with an alert look in his eyes. His heart started racing with fear. “Chiba?” He whispered. Had the devil messenger suddenly found him to punish him for fraternizing with his victims he was ordered to kill?
But the laugh didn’t sound like Chiba. The strange laugh was murmuring and soft, not devious and squeaky like Chiba’s. it sounded feminine, like a girl-- like Kaira.
“Kaira….” Paul looked around fearfully.
“Oh yes, it’s me, Paul…..” replied a sarcastic, murmuring tone.
Paul turned to see the figure of Kaira walking towards him from the cliff. She had appeared out of nowhere, and she had a look of wickedness to her face-- a look he had never seen on the strange girl’s face before. But one look at this person told him one thing-- this was not Kaira, as much as she resembled her looks in every way.
“Who-- who are you?” Paul said carefully.
The girl giggled. “Oh, please. Can’t you see me? I’m Kyra. The REAL Kyra that you should’ve met FIRST.”
Paul narrowed his eyes. “What are you talking about?”
Kyra chortled. “You should know exactly what I’m talking about. Use your head,” she flicked a finger towards him, and suddenly, Paul felt a spell cast over him. Instantly, thoughts flashed through his head about when he had fist met Kaira in Twinleaf. He had first encountered her as the strange girl that was by Barry’s side as he introduced her to him. He had been with Dawn and Lucas, and had met Kaira for the first time a week after she had moved in. As his mind suddenly became clear again, he suddenly knew.
“You’re the real daughter, aren’t you?” He gasped, taking a step back. “You….you were the total opposite of Kaira. You KILLED pokemon and treated them like dirt.”
Kyra snickered satisfyingly. “Please don’t remind me of my past, you’ll make me miss it all the more. Now! About that Dawn you’re keeping secretly with you…”
Paul flinched. “You leave Dawn alone. What do you want? Why are you here?”
Kyra laughed. “Come on! You ain’t protecting Dawn from anything in this dimension. She’s not even in love with you.” Her eyes flashed. “She loves Barry.”
“That’s not true,” Paul snapped. “She wouldn’t even dream her way towards me if that were the case.”
“Oh, but perhaps Barry loves her then? Whatever’s the reason, she must be destroyed. She has made Barry become so vague when he’s around her, and pretty soon, Barry will be all over her like snow in a snowstorm. She must die.”
Paul widened his eyes at the deadly look in Kyra’s eyes. He suddenly realized many things that he had been missing as he looked through this spirit of Kyra. Kaira herself had been in love with Barry. But he had seemed to have been taking interest in Dawn, barely noticing Kaira’s true feelings for him. Now that Kyra had met Kaira and Barry herself, she felt the same love for Barry as well. And unlike Kaira, Kyra wasn’t going to let some eyecatching girl like Dawn to walk over her and take over Barry’s interest. Kyra was going to fight back-- with a fierce power of hatred that Kaira herself could and would never do.
And Paul nearly fainted as he put the pieces together. He suddenly figured it all out with Kaira, and he wondered if she herself even knew. He finally understood her presence-- he figured out the truth of her life here in the fifth dimension. The truth nearly took Paul’s breath away, and barely recovered to see that Kyra had disappeared, off to find Dawn.

The land around Barry was wide and luscious. The trees stalked tall and huge around him, spread out to make the place look like some kind of mountainous valley. Chibu was hovering above him. “Chi…..” the little pokemon was panting and staring down intently at him.
Barry kneeled down, regaining his senses. Images of Prima Dona nearly tearing him apart haunted him. he felt utterly betrayed and regretful. “Chibu….”he muttered, not loking up to meet the pokemon’s gaze. “Where have you taken me? Are we in the mountains still?”
“Chi…..” Chibu gave Barry an intent look, and as Barry met the pokemon’s eyes, he seemed to understand what it was trying to tell him. they were in the mountains, but not the ones close to the south where Prima Dona had been taking him. they were in the mountainas that lead north, and if he climbed any higher, he would enter in the region of Yonga—an icy cold place that stretched around all the world’s regions. Chibu had rescued him. the little messenger of Dalyah had saved him from being eaten by a dark sorceress he had once been in love with.
Barry looked up at the pokemon with a new look in his eyes. he suddenly felt safe around this small, football-sized yellow pokemon. “Chibu…thanks,” he gave a small smile.
Chibu smiled cutely back. “Chi….”
Barry rose up. “I bet you’ve told Kaira about me now? how I’ve actually changed my feelings towards Prima Dona?” He still knew that the little pokemon could communicate telepathically with the person it had heart-bonded with.
“Chi! Chi!” Chibu nodded, glowing with pride.
“Well…..tell her I’m sorry, and that I’m headed towards the other side of this mountain—over the Yonga region to meet up with her and everyone else at the base of the mountain so we can all continue to head north—together.”
Chibu nodded. It seemed as if they had all been separated for so long. Barry missed his friends bitterly. He missed Kaira. He missed Lucas. Most of all, he missed the comforting presence of Dawn. Barry suddenly widened his eyes. Dawn! She was the reason why Kaira had been hiding her feelings for him for so long. Had she really believed Barry himself would be so interested in someone like Dawn? Barry thought it silly for him to ever have anything as close to a relationship with Dawn rather than just friends, but the more he thought about it, the more he was feeling intrigued by the feeling. He and Dawn HAD been pretty friendly and teasing towards each other, treating each other like brother and sister, but to actually have a closer relationship? It seemed awkward to Barry, yet, at the same time, he felt like it would make sense as well. He really did have feelings for her, whether he noticed them or not.
“Chi….” Chibu tilted its head, as if observing what was going through Barry’s mind.
Barry looked up at raised his eyebrows. “Hey! you trying to read my thoughts? Mind your own business!” He gave the pokemon a friendly swat and then walked away, heading off towards one of the tall trees. He wanted to be alone in his thoughts before going any further. Chibu followed him with a focused gaze.
Barry was scraping off the bark of the tree, distracted by the feelings that went through his mind. Prima Dona would be after him, he thought. He still had the terrible mark on his forearm, and with that symbol, Prima Dona could trace him like a computer. She would be on his tracks before he knew it. he had to do something about the mark. He wondered if there was something Chibu could do….
Barry turned to look around for the pokemon, but he couldn’t find the little yellow messenger. “Chibu?” He looked around in confusion. He headed up towards a ridge near a cliff. “Chibu!”
Suddenly, the vines that hung from the top of the cliff swayed, and seemed to be reaching out towards Barry. “Huh?” Barry winced at the vines, for there was hardly any wind to make them move. Suddenly, the vines caught Barry’s arms, and he let out a yell. “Ahh! What the--?! Chibu!” The vines yanked him forward, and he would’ve hit the cliff in front of him if he hadn’t tried to pull himself back, skidding on the ground.
“Ahh! Help!” He was sure Prima Dona had spotted him. she was probably ready to let out the anger over him pretty soon. The vines here wrapping around both his forearms, and he felt the mark on his left arm sting underneath the grasping vines.
Chibu suddenly shot up to his shoulder with a look of shock on its face. “Chiii! Chiiiiiii!” The little pokemon was squealing, raising its tiny arms up and down, focusing on something hidden above the cliffs. It was trying to tell something to someone above.
Barry gave the pokemon a look. “Chibu! What’s going on?!”
“Chi!” Chibu pointed up at the cliff, and the vines started loosening their grip on Barry. He turned to look up to where Chibu was staring.
A blue glow lighted above at the edge of the cliff behind a bush that the vines hung out from. Barry raised his eyebrows and let out a surprised gasp as a small, blue, oval pokemon appeared from inside. It was Chibo—no bigger than Chibu itself, resembling the messenger pokemon almost identically, except with a blue glow and drooping ear dents rather than the yellow color and straight out dents to the side of its small, football-shaped body. it had cute small button eyes just like Chibu, only Chibo’s were a worried, alert look in its eyes, as if scared and expecting something to jump out and attack it.
“Hey! Chibo!” Cried Barry, his expression starting to light up again.
Chibo was shaking, and staring at the mark on Barry’s left forearm. Barry blinked. “Huh? You scared of this? Haha, this is nothing….just a mark from…..Prima Dona…..”
“Chi!” Chibu hovered over to Chibo, and tried to convince it that it was safe to be around Barry, and told it what he had been through. chibo seemed to be saddened and unsure, listening carefully. It turned to look at Barry with a look of intent.
“Chi…..”Chibo’s tone was much quieter and careful than Chibu’s, and the little blue pokemon hovered over to Barry.
Barry met the little pokemon in front of his face. “Hehe……yeah, I’ve been looking forward to following you—like I was doing before I started following Prima Dona. Listen, I’m terribly sorry about that, I hope Chibu has told you how much I feel about what I’ve done. But I’m really looking forward to Kaira and the others now, to help them along their journey.” Barry suddenly thought about the prophecy and gasped. “Wait! What does that mean about…the prophecy? Am….am I still one of three beings?”
“Chi….”Chibo was suddenly glowing with intent, closing its eyes and raising its tiny arms. Barry suddenly stared at the little pokemon, trainsfixed. He felt a new sensationfor the little messenger, and then suddenly, he felt as if he were much closer to this pokemon than he intended to be. He felt himself glow with the blue brightness, and then he realized what was going on. Chibo was heart bonding with him.
Finally, the little blue pokemon stopped glowing, and waslooking at Barry with a calm, satisfied smile. “Barry…..” It’s voice was small and quiet, and speaking to him in his head. Its tiny mouth didn’t have to move. “……I’ve heart-bonded with you. I will always be there for you, no matter how far apart we are. I can help guide you, and keep you from Prima Dona’s grasp ever again. you don’t have to worry about that symbol on anymore.”
Barry raised his eyebrows. “What?!” He spoke aloud. He cast a glance over at Chibu, who was looking at him with a happy smile, nodding. He turned to look at Chibo with a look of surprise. “Why did you just heart-bond with ME? Does that mean I AM what of the three earth beings?”
“Shh….” Chibo’s voice echoed in his head. “Remember—if you heart bond with one of the messengers, you can speak to them, but only through your mind.”
Barry blinked. “Oh, right.” He spoke in his head. “Why have you heart-bonded with me?”
“You have been through a lot with Prima Dona—but trust me. You havent been through ENOUGH. Prima Dona will be back for you—and if she captures you again, you will go through another state of turmoil even worse than what you have been through already.”
“Huh! I can imagine!” Replied Barry. “She’ll be one pissed off witch.”
“That’s why I’ve come for your help. I see a spirit in you—a spirit that can light up the saddened soul of Kaira herself. I’ve seen the way you are, and how much you can really do. you’re a remarkable human, Barry. And whether you are one of the chosen three or not, you still possess something special—something valuable that I must keep safe. I will not let your spirit go to waste with that……wicked Prima Dona.”
Barry sighed. “She’s taken your ability to travel through the portals, hasn’t she? That’s why you’re stuck in this dimension.”
Chibo nodded. “My inner-gem, the Plathora, Prima Dona has it, and she’s wearing it as a ring on her icy finger. I bet you’ve noticed it before? It’s stuck to her, and I can never get it back. I must fing Phandolia and let the very legendary restore it himself.”
Chibu hovered up to Chibo’s side, making a low squeaking noise as if understanding what was going on through Barry and the little blue pokemon.
“Phandolia…..” said Barry in his mind. “The pokemon of peace and harmony….”
“Exaclty,” said Chibo. “I am still on my way, for I must find Phandolia so that the pokemon itself can grant me another way to travel through the dimensions again. You guys will need it to get back home as well—but not until you’ve completed your tasks as the chosen beings for this dimension. You’ve been prophesized for something important, and you must fulfill it.”
Barry nodded. “Why haven’t you traveled with us, though? You’ve been fleeing farther and farther away every time we try to catch up to you. Why? are you shy or something?”
Chibo chuckled. “I am shy, I’m sorry I can’t help that. I wasn’t too sure about the people who were following me, and I didn’t want to take any chances from the one who might possibly be the ‘unwanted one.’ When I saw that mark on your arm, I was scared especially of you, for I knew that was the mark of Prima Dona, and I can sense her aura within that mark. That’s why I attacked you like that. But now, I’m here for you.” Chibo looked up at Barry with an understanding look in its button eyes. “I will be there for you. Because of my heart-bonding power, Prima Dona can no longer keep an eye on you, even through that symbol on your arm.”
Barry raised his eyes hopefully. “Wow really? Hehe, you can’t get rid of the mark though, can you?”
Chibo sighed. “I don’t know how to particularly do that, but at least I’ve washed away the powers that kept Prima Dona bonded with you.”
“Chi!” Chibu was hovering around, looking up to the sky. The bright clouds were thick, though small amounts of sunlight were starting to show through. Chibu gave both Barry and Chibo an urging look that they must go on and continue their journey.
“We should hurry,” said Chibo, hovering higher.
“Hey, are you going to stay with me once I get back with everyone else? Kaira, Dawn, and Lucas will be happy to see you with me.”
Chibo laughed. “Maybe. For now, I’ll stick with you and keep you safe. Prima Dona could still be on your trails—just because she’s lost contact with you doesn’t mean she won’t predict your next move. She can read the spirits around this world, and use them to trace you. There are spirits all around us, whether you can see them or not. They can be on her side, and even the leaves that blow around us can betray our secrets.”
Barry looked around himself. He felt like the world was so complex, and anybody could be watching him. ”Huh! creepy. Well then……let’s get outta here! I wanna get this mountain over with and see everybody.”
Chibo and Chibu traveled along Barry’s side, watching over him with intent. Barry was aware of Chibu’s watchful gaze over him, and telling Kaira how everything was going. He spent a lot of time talking with Chibo along the way, and for a shy pokemon, the little messenger was actually a fun pokemon to talk to and laugh with. Barry felt like he was always the one that the shy creatures could look up to.
By sunset, Barry looked around, feeling as if he had reached the summit.
“Hah! I’ll enjoy this while it lasts,” he said aloud. “It’s getting pretty cold, and the Yonga region doesn’t get a lot of sun through those thick clouds.” He gazed up at the sky, which seemed so close, yet so far. The clouds were pinkish and gray-white, looking like something was going to come down from the wondrous heavens.
“Barry…..look carefully,” Chibo was speaking in his head with awe, staring up at the sky. Chibu was excitedly flying around, looking excited and focused.
“Huh? What is it?” Barry looked up and then widened his eyes with the same surprise.
There, above in the clouds, a silvery shape started to dance around the clouds, and as Barry looked more carefully, he realized the way the shape became the form of a horse—a unicorn at that. It’s swirled, pointy horn stuck out of its forehead, and glistened like fragile glass as the pokemon leapt over the clouds, its body thin and silver, transparent and ghostly up in the heavens. It was like a ghost—a silver, phantom unicorn, but as Barry watched the pokemon leap over him, he felt like he could almost jump up and grab onto its back, and ride the horse through endless clouds.
“That….” Barry was so transfixed he didn’t even know he was speaking out loud. “Is that….”
“Yes,” Chibo replied calmly. “That’s the pokemon Phandolia, the bringer of peace and harmony. It’s the pokemon that keeps the balance of the good spirits in the dimension.”
Barry stared as Phandolia stopped to look back and cast a glance at Barry. It’s eyes were blue and calm, and just staring at them made Barry feel happy and peaceful. Phandolia swished its silvery tail and arched its neck higher, letting its beautiful silver mane blow in the wind. It let out a harmonic, musical cry—not sounding much like a horse at all—and then hurried up higher in the clouds, disappearing in the heavens.
Barry watched with a calming look of awe. Phandolia was the bringer of happiness and peace. Dovanna was the bringer of love. If the two pokemon were together, they would make the dimension an almost perfect place, but without Dovanna, there was no love. There could be peace, but no love. Phandolia was alone without the love pokemon, and pretty soon, its loneliness would take away the happiness that Phandolia could bring. There needed to be both of them—both of them in order to summon back the angel pokemon of Dalyah, and restore Gaiyah to the world.

Lucas hurried up to where Riley, Lucario, Buck, and Cheryl awaited at the other side of the meadow. He found them huddled in a small cave behind a thicket bush, up a few feet on a rocky ledge. Carrying Dawn in his arms, he hurried up at top speed over towards the cave. Chimchar ran at his side.
“Ahh! Look out!” Chimchar cried, leaping up in the air as an Ekans snapped its head from the tall grass, barely missing Chimchar’s feet.
“Chimchar!” Lucas felt the fiery rage burn in his heart. As an Infernape, he felt like he could run as fast as he can, like he had never run before. But he felt heated with rage as well as exhilaration. Some of these pokemon had hurt Dawn, and she was unconscious with a bleeding wound at the corner of her forehead. Lucas blew an angry Flamethrower towards one of the Deino that tried to creep up at his heels, but then widened his eyes with shock as the Deino snapped its mouth at Chimchar’s burning tail, making Chimchar squeal with surprise and fall to the ground.
Lucas skidded in his tracks and looked behind him. “No! chimchar!”
He saw the little pokemon leap up and dart away, disappearing behind the nearby trees in the forest in front of them. a herd of Stantler hurried pass by, making Chimchar disappear out of sight.
“Lucas! Hurry!” Riley called from the cave.
Lucas dashed forwards towards the cliff ahead of him, leaping up the rocks and approaching the small cave where everyone huddled. Everyone crawled out and looked down at the unconscious body of Dawn in his arms.
Riley looked crestfallen. He put a hand on her forehead. “No…..”
Lucas gasped and looked up at the trainer. He gave a whimpering cry.
Riley sighed. “She’s still alive…..but she’s suffering from an illness that has brought her into a coma. She will recover…..but only if you let her rest and keep her warm.”
“And you might wanna git rid of that ugly scab on her forehead,” added Buck, raising his eyebrows as the wound started to drip to one side where Dawn’s head was tilting.
Lucas nodded, understanding. He wished they could understand him—now he knew how bad pokemon could feel when trainers don’t understand their language.
Cheryl stepped forward, holding both her hands under her chin. “Please….I’m terribly sorry. I would never wish to dream a nightmare like this….”
“Nah, it’s not your fault,” said Buck with a huff. He was clasping his pokeball tightly, where his Infernape was resting in. “We can’t control the dreams we have.”
“Sometimes we can,” said Riley carefully, still focusing his gaze on Dawn. “But for now…..we really can’t do anything but hope. Lucas…..I must leave pretty soon. You are so close to the boundaries of this region—next stop will be the bas of the mountains before you reach the high tundra region of Yonga.”
Lucas raised his eyebrows, and looked crestfallen. Riley was leaving them already….he didn’t want to say good-bye, at least not before he got to become a human again and show Riley how much he has grown up.
Riley gave Lucas a nod, his intent eyes focused and understanding, as if knowing what Lucas wanted him to realize. Lucario was also giving him the same intent look. “Be brave, Lucas. I’m sorry I couldn’t get to meet you as your real human self, but I believe in you just as much as I would have. You can take care of Dawn, and take her up into those mountains where you can hopefully reunite with the your friends. Have faith, Lucas.”
“And hey! that little Chimchar of yours,” Buck was looking at Lucas with a hearty smile, “I’m sure you’ll meet up with that one again soon enough. That little guy has spirit—I’m sure it won’t be long until it finds you yet again.”
Lucas nodded, uttering a hopeful sound in his throat. Chimchar always seemed to keep appearing and then disappearing at the most random times. He hoped this wouldn’t be the last time.
“And here,” Riley handed Lucas a navy blue cloth. “You should keep that tied to Dawn’s wound. Tell her it’s from me.” He gave a quick wink at Lucas.
Riley and Lucario were starting to fade, as well as Cheryl and Buck.
“Take care, Lucas,” Riley said, giving him an encouraging look.
“Remember your aura within,” growled Lucario, blinking its sharp, yellow eyes at Lucas once again before they all totally disappeared into the air.
Lucas watched them go with a sinking feeling, but he didn’t feel alone. He looked down at Dawn in his arms. She didn’t seem to be breathing, but Lucas could hear her heartbeat quite faintly. He tied the blue cloth around her forehead, covering up the wound.
He looked up ahead towards the mountains, barely a few miles away from the forest he was in. he leapt forward, running at his fiery Infernape speed, headed towards the Yonga region ahead.


Paul was running through the chilly atmosphere of the Yonga region. Dawn……she could be in huge trouble right now. That evil spirit of Kyra…..who knew what she could do to a mere person like Dawn?
Paul clenched his teeth, narrowing his eyes. It had stopped snowing and had brightened a little in the clouds this morning, but the air around him seemed to chill him with a cold, uninviting feeling of dread. Kyra was jealous for Barry’s love for Dawn, and now she was going to destroy her—or at least find some way to ruin her life as she wouldve done if she were still alive back in Twinleaf—back in their own dimension.
As soon as Paul arrived back in the small town of the Eskimo’s lodge, he stopped in his tracks. The Solar grunts were outside of their lodge, looking packed up and ready to leave. They were huddled in a group, uttering something to each other.
“Hey, you,” hissed a sly, narrowed voice from behind.
Paul flinched and turned to meet Dionza’s gaze. Her eyes were a dazzling, sharp red, and she was looking at him with intent. “The team’s gettin’ a move on. You ready?”
Paul met her dazzling gaze for a moment, and then nodded. “Yeah….I have to check something first…”
Dionza seemed to show no interest. She shrugged and blinked her long eye lashes. “Make it quick, then. We’ll meet you at the other end of this town.” And she walked away, strutting in a model-like manner.
Paul watched her go with a tense feeling. She loved him. He knew it. He could feel it like a wound. The way she looked at him, treatedhim, spoke to him, she was obviously into him, and probably more obsessed than he thought. He almost felt the same way for her as well—but then he flinched and shook his head, narrowing his eyes, turning to the small cabin by the harbor. “Dawn…” he hissed, running towards the log house.
He banged the door open, and looked around with horror. Dawn was nowhere to be seen on the couch where he had left her. What had Kyra done to her?!
Paul was just about to cry out her name, until he heard a soft voice from behind.
“Oh, but…….I think he feels for me too……”
“Dawn?!” Paul whipped around, and widened his eyes in surprise. there she was—lying on her side and half her body sitting up. her head was turned to face Kyra, who stood tall and proud by her feet behind her. her eyes were hard as stones, as she smiled down with that antagonizing look.
“Well, you think about everyone else before you focus on your own future,” said Kyra proudly, crossing her arms and grinning with satisfaction.
“Dawn! What are you doing to her?!” Paul demanded, glaring at Kyra.
Dawn let out a gasp and Kyra turned to meet his gaze with a raised look. then she sighed and rolled her eyes. “Oh……I don’t want to repeat everything I just gone over with. I’ve got other things to do,” and she whipped her head to face away from him, turning her back and fading into the breezy air.
Paul blinked a couple times, confused, and then turned to face Dawn, kneeling down to help her up. “What did she do to you?” He said a little softer as she stood up.
Dawn looked dazed, and she was shaking her head. “No—she didn’t do anything. She only told me…..ugh, you don’t have to know—it’s not that important.”
“No, you tell me,” said Paul firmly. “I want to know. I know who she is--”
“Of course!” Snapped Dawn, distractedly. “She’s Kaira—and she’s arrived to tell me how much she hates me for taking away Barry from her.”
Paul huffed and narrowed his eyes. “Dawn, are you as blind as you are with Lucas right now? that isn’t KAIRA. That’s Kyra—the other spirit that should’ve come to Twinleaf Town instead of the one we met. That’s the Flockhearts’ real daughter, and she was killed right on the way to Twinleaf.”
Dawn looked up at Paul’s eyes in surprise. “WHAT?!”
Paul explained to her about the past of Kyra, and how Kaira had really been brought into the world.
Dawn was looking at him in disbelief. “How—how do you know this? You just met her last night!”
Paul sighed. “It’s hard to say…..but as I stared into those eyes in looked within her—I realized the strange dark past she had come from. I……I could read the truth in that dark heart of hers. That wasn’t the Kaira you know.”
Dawn was staring at him in awe. “Oh…..well….then why was she telling me….”
Paul suddenly heard a strange yowl in the distance behind them. He glanced behind, not knowing whether it had been a pokemon or a spirit. He looked at Dawn urgently. “Come on…..let’s go. They’re going to wait for me, and you must be kept hidden if you are to stay with me.”
Paul took Dawn towards the end of the town, and followed on Team Solar’s trail through the tundra landscape. Paul and Dawn were climbing higher, and pretty soon, Paul glanced back to meet Dawn’s gaze. She was looking down with a distracted feeling, but he could tell that the medicine he had given her the other night had really worked to heal her. she was beginning to look less pale and brighter again, and the only thing that didn’t seem unhealed were the inner feelings inside of her.
“Okay, so tell me what happened,” said Paul, slowing down their hike. “What did Kyra say to you?”
Dawn huffed, biting back tears.
Paul gave her a soft look, feeling a light spark in his heart that hadn’t been lighted in a long time. “I’ll help you, whether it will be physically or emotionally. I’m here for you, right? That’s why you’re with me in the first place.”
Dawn still didn’t meet his gaze, but she narrowed her eyes and spoke with a bitter, heartbroken tone. “She—she came to me through the front door of the cabin, standing there, and then disappeared. I was barely awake, but I thought someone had come in, or maybe you had returned. I ventured out of the house, and then felt myself roughly pushed to the ground. I fell—but when I looked behind, I saw no one behind me. And then……she appeared. Her spirit seemed to have appeared out of nowhere—and then she told me things—things that made me feel nauseous and transfixed. She…..she mentioned a lot of things about me and Barry……and then Kaira herself.” Dawn shook her head. “Ugh……I swear that when she started mentioning Kaira, it sounded as if she was talking about herself indeed—not the Kaira I know.”
Dawn said no more, and Paul didn’t want to press her on. Kyra had told her things she knew about Barry—things that had made Dawn feel deeply enhanced somehow. She must’ve taken Dawn’s own feelings and twisted them around, making her feel regretful and ashamed about her relationship towards that annoying pokemon trainer. But Paul didn’t want to press her on. He stopped to let her look into his eyes. “Hey……don’t worry about her. She’s just here to ruin things for us. I bet she’s got no importance to Prima Dona, Gaiyah, or the prophecy at all—except for her jealousy over you and the other Kaira. Don’t let her get in your way.”
Dawn was staring up at him, and she seemed to be looking up at him with a new brightened feeling. Paul wished he could read her thoughts—but the effect that had happened between him and the dark spirit of Kyra didn’t seem to be working on him this time. Dawn was too bright—too good-spirited for him to read into, shining like the light in her eyes…..
“Oh, Paul. You’re starting to remind me of….”
Paul tensed, wondering if she was speaking with a disappointed feeling.
“……of Riley,” Dawn looked up at him with a calm smile.
Paul raised his eyebrows. “Riley?”
“Yes,” she almost chuckled. “You’re dark and mysterious like him—except that arrogant attitude you’ve always kept around me and everyone else has made a big difference between you two. But now…..you seem to be reminding me more and more of him. I…..I wonder where I am with Riley now.” She looked down. “And with Lucas. I wonder if….we all escaped that meadow safely. I…miss them.”
Paul said nothing for a moment, letting his own heart beat with wonder. Then he looked to the side. “Well…..hopefully if I’m taking good care of you, you will wake up soon enough and find yourself back where you really are. And don’t worry—when you awake, I bet you’ve gotten no farther than I have gotten on this mountain, and you probably will be closer to me than you think.”
Dawn sighed and looked into his eyes. “Yes…..I bet I will.”
A small breeze blew over them, and Dawn suddenly put her hands around Paul, leaning to his chest. Paul hugged his arms around her, feeling the coldness of her dream-like spirit.
“Oh, I’m so glad this dream is real and actually happening right now,” she sighed.
Paul nodded. “There’s no question you’re the earth being blessed with the power of light. Your spirit can break through the portals and light up in the very place you dream yourself to be—for real. You really are the one with the element of light.”
And they both stood there, both understanding the same thing. Paul knew he would have to catch up with his Solar grunts sooner or later, but for now, he let himself fall in the daze of Dawn’s presence. She was the one with the light, and Lucas, with fire. Now there was one left—the being blessed and cursed with darkness. Paul was almost positive that could be him—though he wasn’t sure if he would be even wanted. There was still Barry—and he hadn’t betrayed them in any way like he had—yet. he had been very close to, but he hadn’t done anything to the world that had made him become unwanted. The unwanted one would be destroyed by ice.


Lucas hurried on, and then felt the presence of someone running by his side.
“Huh?” He looked around as he ran on, and saw glimpses of figures dashing through the trees, racing by his side. He suddenly flinched at the burst of flames that shot through the trees, and then let out a shocked yell at the sight of a Houndoom that appeared by his side as the trees cleared. It seemed to be glaring at him with a devious, playful smile.
“Hey, what--?!” Lucas sputtered, clutching Dawn tighter and glaring at the Houndoom.
Suddenly, the strange call of a Ninetales cried by, and to Lucas’s right side, a fierce Ninetales appeared running at equal speed, with a girl on her back.
Lucas widened his eyes in astonishment. “Delaine!” He cried happily.
“That’s right, you little Chimchar!” She replied back, giving him a sassy smile.
“Hey! Still haven’t found Kaira, or that hyped up turd?” Seth suddenly appeared running by his Houndoom’s side, speeding up to glance at Lucas.
Lucas felt excited and relieved to finally find some of his friends at last. “Well—no! But where did you guys come from? And hey! Are—are you understanding me, or what?!”
Delaine threw back a laugh which made Lucas realize with a shocking feeling—that yes, they did understand his pokemon language.
“Hey, don’t worry,” reassured Delaine coolly. “We were born from this world with our own pokemon. Remember that we were born from the fire—with the pokemon that we’ve got, so we’ve got a stronger bond and connection to them—especially fire types. We can hear you loud and clear.”
“Hah! Unlike those other naïve guys. Barry will never be as special as me,” said Seth teasingly.
Lucas chuckled, feeling satisfied. “Well, you tell him that when we find him!”
They ran on, headed up the mountains and over the Yonga region.

Kaira watched with a devious feeling at the sight below her. Clutching to the bare branch at the top of a dead tree, Kaira felt like a vulture stalking a carcass. Except instead of a carcass, she was envying something even more eye opening. Dawn and Paul were huddled together, hugging each other like a couple that chose to die together. They had been standing there in silence for almost fifteen minutes, and Kaira could watch them with envy all day. Her heart was burning with anger.
Finally, Paul was whispering something to Dawn before he turned to leave. She followed behind him cautiously. Kaira predicted they would be catching up with the rest of Team Solar without the notice of Dawn's presence.
Kaira huffed and shifted her feet on the branch of the tree. Part of her wanted to expose Dawn's presence to Team Solar, and let them know Paul was fraternizing with her. But even if she were killed, it would be different than getting killed in a dream. Whatever was happening to Dawn in her dreams was real-- and current. Even though Dawn's spirit was just a mere illusion of her real self portrayed in a dream, and than her real body was asleep not too far away, she could still possibly die whether it was from the dream or not.
Kaira looked up to the sky as the young Dovanna swooped down.
"Douuuu..." it cooed with emotion, looking disappointed and sad to feel Kaira's feelings.
Kaira sighed and let the little white dove land on her finger. "I'm sorry, Dovanna....I....I just can't help it." And she thought of Kyra-- her evil twin. She was like the literal opposite of her-- despite her looks. She was probably after Dawn with a more dangerous attempt than Kaira herself. She would probably take care of Dawn for her.
"Kaira!" Chibu's voice echoed in her head, startling her. "Shame on you. How could you wish for someone like Kyra get at Dawn?"
kaira huffed. "I never wished for it. I just wouldnt be as sorry if it did happen."
"Well, I'll have you know-- Barry's doing fine and we're getting closer to the other side of Yonga. You hurry up and catch up, if you want to see him again so badly."
Kaira looked up hopefully, staring into the blue eyes of Dovanna. Chibu had told Kaira how Barry had escaped Prima Dona's gasp with Chibu itself, and had fled in the same mountains she was in-- seeking her and the rest of their friends to continue on their journey together. Kaira was relieved and thankful that Barry was alright-- but she really wasnt looking forward to his reaction towards her-- or Dawn's.
"Hey," Chibu's small, sweet voice was unusually edgy. "You better get a move on. You're wasting your time standing there, cursing silently at Dawn. She's done nothing wrong to you."
Kaira squeezed her eyes shut and felt bitterly ashamed. She gave Dovanna a flick off her finger and leaped to the ground from the top of the tree, feeling light as air as she drifted down.
Dovanna blinked and watched her run towards a nearby lake, where the water was frozen under thin ice. Dovanna cooed and flew after her.
Kaira sighed and stared across the lake. The moonlight shone beautifully on the far reflection on the ice, and Kaira felt almost as frozen as the water.
"Who the heck am I?" She murmured to herself distantly. She closed her eyes. "I still havent found out. All I know is that I'm a big influence on the missing pokemon, Dovanna somehow. But who AM I....?" She wasnt Kyra-- the daughter of Theodore and Eleanor back on earth. She wasnt even another person on earth, or that dimension. She was a natural blood from the fifth dimension, on the planet Gaiyah, and was somehow connected to Dovanna.
Suddenly, a low, creaking growl sounded from the lake. Kaira opened her eyes and looked around. Baby Dovanna hovered above her with intent.
She gasped as a figure crept up to her from her left, appearing from the sharp bramble bush by a dead tree. The figure was dark and shadowy, and growled in a pokemon kind of snarl. It rose to its full height, standing on two feet. It stepped forward in the moonlight, and Kaira could see it clearly. It was a Weavile-- or a person. Kaira blinked and couldnt believe what she was seeing. the creature just a few feet from her side was like a cross between a Weavile and a human. The face was circle and dark, but its eyes were like human's, as well as the nose and lips. It had two ear dents sticking from the side of its head, out of its dark black curly hair-- resembling the ears of a Weavile. The red feather was behind its ear as well. It's hands had the long claws of a Weavile, and she realized it wasnt wearing any clothes, though its body was furry with the short, dark fur that Weavile had. Kaira looked the creature up and down, her eyes in awe. The body shape was just like a human, with small features of Weavile here and there.
Kaira muttered something, taking a step forward, curious to peer closer at the strange creature.
The creature had been uttering a low growl, narrowing its eyes, and then suddenly flinched as Kaira neared it. It gave a loud yowl, and turned to flee, disappearing in a flash as fast as a Weavile could run.
"Wait..." Kaira let out a hand after it. She felt the urge to chase it, feeling the chiling breeze suddenly become colder.
Behind her, something was coming. A shining beam of light shone from the moon, and was glowing on the snowy ground from behind. Kaira turned to see that a slender, beautiful form of a horse was coming down from the moonbeam, its long, thin legs gracefully motioning towards the ground. Its silver mane blew around it, and Kaira noticed the sharp, glistening horn that stuck out from the top of its head. It was Phandolia.
And right when Phandolia was just a foot or two from the ground, Kaira saw the pokemon begin to glow and transform. Wings grew out from its back, large, white beautiful wings that were each the size of its own body as it spread out. The body dissolved into the light, and the wings slowly disappeared, and there stood the tall figure of a man, standing there in the moonbeam light as all the brightness faded away.
Kaira stared with a clouded look in her eyes. The man was silver-haired, with pale light skin and dressed in a pale gray-white satin robe, as pale as the fur on Phandolia. There was no question that this person was Phandolia himself. His eyes, even from a distance, were distinctive enough to show that they were a soft light silver color that resembled Phandolia's. He started walking slowly up to Kaira, his footsteps in the snow leaving a silver glow at every step. His hair shone a bright silver as the breeze slowly blew it around the sides of his cheeks. His eyes were looking right at Kaira, and as Kaira looked back at those beautiful, peace-loving eyes, she could see the glint of goodness in his heart as the very pokemon Phandolia.
"Hello, Kaira," he had a soft voice, and he spoke with such manner and warmth that Kaira felt as if she could be blown away in the breeze of his voice. He stood right in front of her, tall, handsome, and godly. He looked as legendary as the pokemon he had just transformed from.
"Oh....hello....Phandolia," she murmured breathlessly, her eyes still clouded and dazed, though her heart was beating more and more. Deja vu flooded through her once again at the forgotten memories she had of this dimension. She felt as if she had known this guy once before-- not just as Phandolia, but as the wise looking person he was right now.
The man looked down into her eyes and gave a small smile. "Please. You remember my real name. Call me Lan, for that is the name I always go by....when I'm not in the form of the very pokemon Phandolia, and when I am with you."
He spoke with such calmness that Kaira felt as if just a few seconds talking to him would ease away all the problems she ever had on her mind. She let out a small sigh. "Lan.......I'm sorry....I...I can't remember much, I wish--"
"Shh...." Lan was looking at her with an understanding glint of peace in his silver eyes, and he let his hand rest on Kaira's cheek. "You've been through a lot....but it hasnt been as much as you think. Do you remember me?”
Kaira looked up into his silver eyes, trying so hard to remember. “I’m sorry, I don’t…….but you’re awfully familiar, I wish I…..”
“Prima Dona has banished you. You’ve forgotten what it had been like to be a natural born o this planet,” Lan spoke softly, and he was gazing down at Kaira with a loving gaze. He looked up behind her. “That Weavile creature, that is a Giinka.”
Kaira couldn’t help flinching. “Giinka?” The word sounded so familiar.
“Giinka are crossbreeds. They are a human-pokemon hybrid. You recall the way pokemon are born from the world within, born of the planet to adapt to the environment and nourish its natural surroundings as they come in all their different types, forms, and abilities. People, too, were naturally born from the planet withint, with the pokemon that surround them. just like your friends—Delaine and Seth—they were born from the earth’s core with those mighty fire type pokemon. They’ve bonded with those pokemon and have become almost like them—nourishing the world with fire and becoming more connected with their pokemon. Sometimes, people and pokemon are born from the earth in the formation of a crossover, when the born one is born from the planet as both a pokemon and a human, portraying both features from both kinds.”
Kaira was nodding. “You’re no Giinka, though,” she let her hand rest on his shoulder, feeling the warmth from his glistening silver robe.
Lan nodded. “I am Phandolia, the pokemon of peace and goodness. I have a human form, but it is no such Giinka. I can either be one or the other—not both.”
“This tension of déjà vu is killing me!” Huffed Kaira, squeezing her eyes shut, wanting to jump into his arms. “Oh, I wish I could just remember everything as easily as I could! You’re so familiar! I mean….I look at you and see you as a person I’ve seen once before…”
“That’s because you have, dear one,” said Lan smoothly, giving her an understanding wink, smiling. “You’re more connected to the pokemon Dovanna than you know.”
“Oh, Dovanna…..” Kaira gave a slight kick at a small lump of snow by her feet. She glancved up at the sky to see the little hatching of Dovanna circling above them, cooing with happiness and lighting its eyes up with obvious excitement at the sight of Lan.
Lan chuckled, and looked up at the bird, letting the small dove pokemon land on his pale finger. Dovanna looked at him with admiration and eagerness, shaking its pure white body with a happy glint in its eyes.
“That’s just the hatchling,” said Kaira, unable to keep herself from smiling at the little bird. “It possesses nothing compared to what the real Dovanna can do. it hasn’t grown an inch since it first hatched out of its egg.”
Lan nodded, gazing at the bird. “This little one is the child of love, the child of Dovanna the love pokemon. It can bring up love as it travels around the environment around it, and as it gets older with more experience, it can help others gain more love in their hearts, though it is not going to become as powerful as the real Dovanna itself. The real pokemon born from the very planet must return—to restore the peace with Dalyah and let it come together with Ultramaur.”
“And create Gaiyah,” added Kaira, looking at Lan with intent. “Lan….as the pokemon of goodness, Phandolia can’t do as much without Dovanna, the pokemon of love. That’s why the world’s falling apart, and the good spirits are more prone to the evil within, without the power of love. I feel as if Dovanna is calling me somehow, since the moment I set foot on this very world. You…..you were more connected to Dovanna than any person or pokemon could ever be.”
Lan nodded. “Yes, I was more complete and connected with that pokemon more than any loving heart could ever bear,” he murmured, his eyes clouded with a sudden look of sorrow.
“Well……perhaps you know why I, myself, am so involved with Dovanna? Please…..if there’s anything I need, it’s an explanation. What was my life really like in this world? Who am I—or who was I?”
Lan gazed down into Kaira’s eyes. Her melancholy, pale green eyes met with his bright, shining silver eyes, and Lan took her hand softly. “Come. I will take you with me, and reopen your eyes. what Prima Dona has done cannot exactly be reversed, but it can be relived again. I will help you open your eyes and realize. Come with me.”
His eyes were full of trust and sincere. The young Dovanna was hovering above his shoulder. Kaira watched as the light of the moon shone upon him again, and Lan closed his eyes, transforming back into a pokemon again. pretty soon, he became the graceful silver ghostly unicorn, Phandolia, gazing at her with the same, silver, warm eyes.
Kaira didn’t have to be signaled. She knew she was to climb on his back. She had the strong urge of happiness, to just leap onto him and let him take her for a ride over the dazzling clouds above and make her feel the happiness she hadn’t felt in such a long time.
Kaira was on Phandolia’s back, and the pokemon slightly turned its head to speak to her. “Now….hold on tight. You’ll be safe, trust me.” And the pokemon leaped into the air, letting the brightness of the clouds suddenly become wondrous and alive. The young Dovanna seemed to be following them not too far behind, occasionally hovering above and keeping at their pace. But the young pokemon was enjoying itself as well, as it journeyed through the pink clouds after them.
Kaira felt joyful and inspired. Phandolia was leaping over pale white and pink clouds, like in a dream. But this was real. It was more real than Kaira could’ve ever felt. All around her, there seemed to be visible angel-like spirits that danced around them, both small forms of pokemon and people, and even giinkas.
Kaira felt the exhilaration rush through her, and pretty soon the feeling of happiness turned to excitement. She suddenly felt giddy like a young child, feeling as if she could run with Phanodolia forever and ever, without ever stopping.
“Oh, Lan!” Kaira breathed, smelling the sweet scent of the clouds as they graciously pranced on. “This is beautiful……I suddenly feel more like….like…”
“Like yourself?” Said Lan in a humored tone.
Kaira was smiling, feeling dazed again. Feeling like herself…….was she ever this happy? Before she had arrived to earth, banished from her world and lost from her memory, had she really felt this happy?
“Douuuu…” the baby Dovanna was landing on some of the spirits’ shoulders, letting itself land on the hands of some of the small forms of people. it flew up to where Lan had slowed down, standing in the midst of more pale pink clouds in the heavenly place around them. It gazed into Kaira’s eyes with an intent, happy look.
Kaira stared at the love pokemon’s eyes. Then she looked back at Lan, who had his head turned to smile at her calmly. With the power of Phandolia’s harmony in its heart, and the power of love from the young Dovanna, Kaira suddenly felt reopened. She had loved before. She had loved long ago—before she had even met Barry. She had been happy, thankful, and loving before she had been sent away from her world—before the love pokemon Dovanna had gone. She suddenly realized why the love in her heart had been drained away without the presence of Dovanna. It suddenly all made sense to her.
“Lan….” Kaira’s smile faltered and she blinked her dazed, cloudy eyes. Lan met her gaze. “….I know where Dovanna is….”
Lan gave a raised look, and Kaira felt her heart beat faster and faster. She spoke with a breathless voice that was barely more than a whisper. “Dovanna is trapped within me……I am Dovanna. I was the pokemon of love…..I was the one who was…..banished from the fifth dimension and the planet Gaiyah.”
Lan was nodding slowly. He gave his tail a swish. “Now you know,” he spoke soothingly. “Who was the one Prima Dona banished from the fifth dimension? It was Dovanna……and it was you.”
Kaira was staring out ahead of her. it was all coming back to her. She remembered finding herself upon the top of Crescent Peak, in a snowy mountain filled with loneliness and death. Phandolia was battling Prima Dona’s vicious pokemon, while Dovanna itself was facing Prima Dona.
Prima Dona had drained the love from her heart, using not her pokemon, but her own icy powers to strike at Dovanna with a paralyzing stab that froze her heart, and made her feel lost and hopeless, unable to feel the warmth of love in her. The pokemon Dovanna let its body go limp in the air, and slowly drifted down to the ground in front of Prima Dona, panting with a struck look of disbelief. Prima Dona was smiling coldly at it.
The evil icy witch closed her eyes and uttered something strange in her strange language—the language of Stlitha. Dovanna was shrinking, and changing form, until it became nothing but a lonely, frail girl with clouded green eyes and pale white skin. Her hair was the light brown color of dissolved cocoa, and she looked exactly like a girl named Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart, a girl who was the complete opposite of her on the planet earth. She banished Dovanna through the portals out of the dimension, sending it to the dimension of earth.
Phandolia couldn’t bear to live without the love by his side. It fled the killing blow of Sheer Cold from Prima Dona’s Lapras, and hurried after Dovanna.
Phandolia could do nothing to bring back the love of Dovanna. It can only promise it to keep the goodness in its heart, though it would never be happy again without the love in its spirit. It followed the human form of Dovanna to earth, knowing there were parents who could be willing to care for it. Phandolia was in the disguise of a pokemon—a Lucario. It was just barely after the terrible girl, Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart, had tried to kill him with a stab of a sharp, piercing rock. Phandolia had accidently struck at the girl out of shock, and she had died in the ditch behind her. she had looked exactly like the human form Dovanna had become, and her father was just nearby. Phandolia felt the goodness of Theodore Flockheart’s heart. He had tolerated Kyra’s ruthlessness, and he had tried so hard to help her become a good person, and she died, never finding a way.
Phandolia brought the form of Dovanna towards Theodore, happy that the man had accepted the lost, lonely girl. it told Theodore nothing of its past, except for that she was lost and alone, honestly from another world. And after Phandolia disappeared, the form of Dovanna blinked open its eyes to see Theodore looking down at her. she was named Kaira Elizabeth Flockheart, named after his real daughter that would never come back to this world.
And Kaira was sitting atop Phandolia, barely breathing. Lan’s expression was saddened and intent, feeling her awe for her past. “I’ve missed you so much,” his voice was an audible whisper. “Peace and a good heart isn’t enough for happiness. There needs to be the love and spirit as well as a good soul.”
Kaira blinked and met his gaze. “Of course……now it makes sense.” No wonder Prima Dona had hated her presence since the moment she and Barry had fist encountered her in the fifth dimension. She recognized her, not just from the outside, but from her inner aura that she had taken and drained the love out of once before. Kaira was still unable to love. “And…..I’ll never find a way to love again…unless….”
“There is a way,” said Phandolia carefully, his silver sparkling eyes blinking softly. “You may have all the feelings of love taken away from you….but it can somehow be restored.”
Kaira listened carefully, feeling her spirits start to lift as the calming fresh air around them blew against her face.
“You must find a way to love again,” spoke Lan. “You must teach yourself to love, and have faith in yourself. Look deep into your feelings. Maybe there’s something or someone you admire out there. Maybe there’s something that you’re happy and thankful for. Turn those thankful, admiring feelings into love—to find what love is really like again and bring the love back in your heart. Then you can become Dovanna again. Then you can officially find the pokemon, and its inner aura, that has been missing—inside you—for a very long time.”
Kaira’s mind was spinning. Of course….there is someone out there she loved—or at least almost loved. Barry was the one who had made her feel welcome and outgoing again, each time he saw her. He was there for her, and she had always looked forward to seeing him every day of her life in Twinleaf. She admired him, she liked him—almost more than a friend. If only her love can be complete for him…….she would feel equal again. the only problem was, was that he didn’t seem to notice her feelings—or feel the same way about her.
“I….I actually do have something to look forward to loving, though…” Kaira spoke distantly.
Lan understood already. “That Barry from Twinleaf Town?” He spoke with a tender voice. “Yes….I can see you’re very close to loving him. I have been watching over you all, watching over each of you all. When you had all arrived here on this planet, I was certain that three of your friends will turn out to be the three in the prophecy. I watched over you all as you journey to my mountain, where I will await you all and grant Chibo what it needs. I can see that Barry has been developing deeper feelings for even you too.”
Kaira’s heart lightened. “Oh, really? Lan, would you tell me? Does he really feel that way for me?”
Lan blinked his eyes slowly. “Child…..remember that I cannot tell the feelings of love. Only Dovanna can do that—and in order for you to become Dovanna again, you must reopen those feelings of love and be able to withhold those feelings in your heart again. Keep your love for Barry, so that it can grow stronger until you can officially feel it—and understand it. It wouldn’t just be for the benefit of becoming Dovanna again, but for YOUR benefit as well. You love Barry for him, don’t you? It’s not just for the mere heck of finding someone you want to love.”
Kaira nodded. “I….I almost love him…..but it’s just heartbreaking when I see that he hasn’t realized that yet. Chibu’s told me he’s realized that, and that he wants to see me again and apologize…..but I don’t know if that will do anything about his feelings. It doesn’t mean he can love me back, anways. There’s still……Dawn…..out there.” Kaira looked down and tried to fight back the bitter feelings in her heart, biting her lip.
Lan looked at her deeply. “Well, don’t let any feelings of jealousy or dislike come over you. that will only slow down your chances of feeling the love in you.”
Kaira met his gaze with a narrowed look. “I’m NOT jealous of Dawn! She’s just…..making it difficult for my feelings to come through for Barry. That’s just what bugs the heck outta me.”
“Kaira…..be honest with yourself. Look deep into your feelings, and realize what’s true.”
Kaira huffed and slid off his back, looking down with a feeling of sourness. He was right. Kaira didn’t just reject Dawn. She was jealous of her. It was plain obvious. Kaira had been trying to ignore the feeling, telling herself that it was just Dawn’s fault for the way she used to treat Kaira when she had first arrived in Twinleaf. But she had to admit—she was jealous. She didn’t even want to think of it in her head.
Lan was looking at her with clear understanding. He was the only soul she ever wanted to admit that she really was jealous of Dawn. Kaira had been strange and trying to avoid Dawn whenever she came to be friendly towards her in Twinleaf, and because of Kaira’s strange behavior, Dawn treated her like she was some kind of naïve, weird outcast. But she thought of how their relationship had slightly grown better after Barry had been taken under the grasp of Prima Dona. Dawn had become a little friendlier with her, and Kaira had taught herself to be more accepting and social. She looked up, feeling determined and ready. “I can do it. I can find a way to love again, I know it.”
Lan smiled and swished his tail. “I’m glad to hear you back in spirit, Kaira. You know…..as a Dovanna, you were very loving, and at the same time, very outgoing and spirited.”
Kaira met his gaze with a raised look. “Really?” She almost chuckled.
Lan nodded. “Believe me, you and I were the perfect pair of legendaries before you were banished. You were happy and determined, ready to take on anything with a feeling of love and gratefulness. Even now, when I look into your eyes, I still recognize the same soul of Dovanna, except with a broken, lost glint. You’ve lost your love, but you can get it back. You must continue north, find your friends—Barry, Lucas, and Dawn, and take them after Chibo, to my mountain in the north, in the region of Zan-xuin. I can grant Chibo its ability, but at the same time, let it realize that what it’s been looking for has been in this very dimension the whole time.”
“How come the messengers havent realized that Dovanna is really me? Why hasn’t Chibu known anything?”
Lan raised his eyebrows. “How do you know what Chibu knows?”
Kaira winced. “Chibu wouldve told me a long time ago! If it knew…..it wouldn’t have kept me waiting until--”
“If Chibu’s heart-bonded with you, it can see even deeper into your aura.” Said Lan carefully. “If it told you what it’s known about you, then it wouldn’t have been the same. You wouldn’t have found out your own way, and it would’ve become more difficult to try and find your true feelings again. here…..you’ve realized the truth with the aura of goodness and peace. You’ve been uplifted to realize who you are, and have been given a boost in your determination to keep going on.”
Kaira stared at him, realizing how much Lan had already done for her. “You’re right,” she breathed. “Oh…..thank you Lan. I’ve been so…..I don’t know.” She turned away, thinking about what will happen the next time she saw Barry. “I just hope….I just hope things will turn out in the end. once we all get to your mountain, we can find out who the three beings are, and those three beings will summon Gaiyah again—but not until Dovanna has come back with Dalyah so that it can be done.”
“And you have yet to find out who the three are—before it’s too late,” said Lan.
Kaira nodded. She already knew two. Lucas was the element of fire—traveling as an Infernape, able to read the aura within fire and even control it with strange power. And not too long ago, she had just seen the way Dawn could actually light her way through the portals of the dimensions, and make herself appear wherever she dreamed herself to be, even if it was the same dimension. She was the element of light. Now, there was one more being out there, one that was the element of darkness. It would either be Paul…..or Barry. Whichever one it was, the other one would be destroyed by ice—as the unwanted being in the dimension.
“Have no fear for the unwanted one—yet,” said Lan mysteriously. “I’ll tell you now, that no one knows who the three are in the prophecy. And no one but me, the three messengers of Dalyah, the three messengers of Ultramaur, and Prima Dona know that you are the pokemon Dovanna. No one else, though, knows who the three beings will turn out to be. That is for the rest of you all to find out as soon as you can….before it is too late—before the evil of Prima Dona and the devil pokemon Ultramaur take over the planet. Spirits are rising and falling, Kaira. Pokemon are becoming possessed, and people are turning their backs on the world. Team Solar is getting stronger, and the uprising of Ultramaur will create a rampage of darkness like never before. Dalyah must come back so that it can stop Ultramaur forever. It must bond with it this time, for it is the only way to stop it. together, they will become equal—become the pokemon Gaiyah again so that the world will become an equal place again. Remember that whatever happens to the dimension where earth lies, whatever happens there affects this very dimension. But also……whatever happens here can affect your world as well. If this dimension were to become overtaken by darkness, think of all the dreams that come alive here. they will come alive to this place, only to be destroyed or return back with the same darkness that’s taken over here.”
Kaira nodded. “Only Dovanna can restore the angelic pokemon of Dalyah, and when the three beings commingle the angel and devil pokemon together, there will be Gaiyah. The three beings must perform in their elements.” Kaira suddenly felt her understanding become stronger. “The element of light is what shall bring Dalyah forwards. The element of darkness is what brings Ultramaur forward. And the powerful force of the burning fire will commingle the two together, and create Gaiyah once again.”

Phandolia was taking Kaira down from the clouds. She floated by his side, headed towards the snowy ground by a tall, thick bare tree. As soon as Kaira touched the ground and Phandolia was just half a foot above, he transformed dazzlingly into the handsome silver human as Lan. He and Kaira looked at each other and felt a strong bond already.
“I’ll help you find your friends, for I’ve seen them just around this border. They aren’t too far away.” He said with a calm smile.
Kaira smiled smoothly back, feeling warm and grateful. “Thanks, Lan.”
A cooing call sounded from above, and Kaira looked over Lan’s shoulder to see the baby Dovanna swoop down towards her. Kaira chuckled and let the small white pokemon land on her finger. “Who knows how I had created this little hatchling……my own little child…”
Lan laughed. “It wasn’t long before Dovanna was banished—before YOU were banished that you told me you wanted to create a child of your own, one that you can look to raising and feeling the strong bonding power of love for a child you’ve given birth to yourself, just like the other regular pokemon of this world could do. I thought it silly for you to actually give birth to a hatchling without the presence of another one of your kind as a legendary. But believe it or not, I guess you had done it. out of the strong feelings of love and your strong ability to make love come true in any way, you created your own egg.”
Kaira was staring into the young Dovanna’s eyes with a happy daze. The young Dovanna was giving her a delighted “I told you so” kind of look. “Of course you knew, too,” said Kaira with a playful gaze. “But…..I didn’t exactly give birth to this pokemon’s egg—at least not in the way a regular pokemon would. It’s egg was….created out of the matter that can be controlled in this dimension. Just like how dark matter had been summoned, a matter out of love, or any kind of feeling can use matter to create a living soul out of strong belief and feeling.” She looked at the little Dovanna with warm eyes. She felt a new sensation for the young pokemon. It was no wonder that Dovanna was quite attached to her.
The young Dovanna flew off her hand, calling out happy cries and fluttering high above them.
Kaira watched it fly, and then met Lan’s silver, glowing gaze. He was like an angel, his silver robe glistening even in the morning light that portrayed from the blank, white clouds above this mountainous region. For a moment, they gazed at each other, filled with long ago feelings of spirit and happiness together.
Suddenly, something was approaching in the bushes behind. “Kaira! Kaira? Is that you?!”
Kaira flinched and turned to look behind. It was Delaine, stepping out from the bushes behind the tall tree. She had a raised look of concern on her face. at the sight of her, she instantly lit up with surprise. “Kaira! It’s you! Hey, guys, I found her!”
Suddenly, Seth stepped out with his Houndoom and Delaine’s Ninetales by his side. Lucas appeared in his Infernape form, carrying Dawn’s unconscious body in his arms. Kaira gasped with relief at the sight of them all.
“Lucas! Delaine! You’re all here!” She ran up to Delaine, and then stopped to turn and see the reaction of Lan for her to have found everyone at last. But Kaira’s mouth dropped open in shock. Lan was gone. Out of sight. There were no footprints on the snow where he had been standing, as if he were never there.
“Hey, are you alright?” Delaine gave her a nudge and then hugged her. “I’m so glad we found you! now if only we could just--”
“Hey!” Kaira was still looking behind her. she turned to Delaine with a look of surprise. “Didn’t you see who I was just with…..?”
“Your dear little baby Dovanna?” Said Seth with a raised look.
“No!” Kaira gasped, her heart racing. “I was….I was with Phandolia….he was in the form of a man…” Had it all been a dream? It CANNOT have been a dream. Kaira felt the blood rush through her veins.
Delaine was noticing the look of shock on her face. “Um….well…..I’m sorry, but no. I really didn’t see anyone but just lonely old you standing out here.”
Kaira’s expression widened and she turned even paler. “No…..! He was here……I was with him….” She turned to look behind with a blank look of sorrow.
“Hey…don’t stress,” Delaine’s tone was encouraging. “I didn’t say I don’t believe you. Phandolia’s like a phantom. It can appear and disappear when it wants to. I thought you already knew that?”
Kaira was panting. “I don’t know…..but I KNOW I was with him. he was in human form. His name was Lan. He took me above the clouds. We were riding together…..”
“Whoa, whoa, looks like someone was in dreamworld,” said Seth.
“It wasn’t a dream!” Kaira nearly yelled. How could Phandolia just appear for her, and then just leave like that?
“Hey, calm down,” Delaine put an arm on her shoulder. “We need to get going. I’ve spotted evidence of Team Solar around these parts, and we need to head forwards as fast as we can.”
Kaira nodded, losing her breath. She knew how strange it was for them to see her like this, in a state she had never been in front of anyone else. “Right….Team Solar. I’ve seen them too. Paul’s with them.”
Delaine raised her eyebrows and Lucas gave a low cry. “Well then! We should get a move on right now. you explain to us everything that has happened since we were separated. I’m all ears. And so is Seth!” She flashed her boyfriend a playful glare. Seth made a teasing face back at her.
Kaira and the others started walking on, though Kaira needed time to get her thoughts together. The young Dovanna was circling above her. she looked up at the pokemon. “Dovanna…..he was there, wasn’t he? Phandolia was just with us, and he was Lan, wasn’t he?”
A voice suddenly spoke in her head. It was Chibu. “Yes, Kaira. Don’t feel afraid. Phandolia wouldn’t just let something like that happen in a dream. That was for real.”
“Oh Chibu!” Kaira gasped in her thoughts. “Are you sure? How can you be sure?”
“I’m sure, Kaira. I know it.”
The young Dovanna was cooing and looking up at the sky with wonder, trying to get Kaira’s attention by hovering back and forth.
Kaira looked up to the sky. the thick white clouds were starting to clear just above her, and a form of a ghostly unicorn pokemon appeared standing on the clouds. It was Phandolia, and he was gazing down at Kaira with wamr silver eyes, and he gave her a wink.
Kaira suddenly felt her heart soften with relief. Phandolia really had taken her through everything she had just realized. She finally figured out the truth, and she must tell the others. It hadn’t all been a dream.

Barry was making his way through a foggy valley, feeling the atmosphere chill around him.
“Barry! Just a little closer! I can sense Malidorius’s squad nearby!” Chibo gasped with excitement, glowing above his head by Chibu’s side.
Barry looked up and widened his eyes. “Oh goody,” he muttered. “I feel like I’ll be travelling in this fog forever! You sure I’m not going in circles?”
Chibo answered through his head. “Shh! Hey wait…someone’s coming!” Chibo suddenly shook with fear.
Barry turned from a rustle behind. Something was approaching him through the mist. Barry narrowed his eyes and his heart lifted up. “K-Kaira?” But as he spoke the name, immediately, his feelings faltered. There was no mistaking the presence of Kaira’s figure as none other than the spirit that stalked him.
A snicker came from the blurred figure. “Mm-hmm, oh yes, it’s me, Barry,” her voice was cold and sarcastic, and as she took another step forward, she was no other than Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart. And she was gazing at him with the same untrusting smile as before.
Barry blinked and narrowed his eyes. "Hah! I knew it. What do YOU want now?"
Kyra blinked her green, cold eyes. "What? Are you expecting me to make out with you again? You're the one trespassing MY dimension now, what's YOUR excuse?"
Barry huffed. "I'm here to find the rest of my friends, and continue to head north to fulfill the prophecy." He spoke with determination. "Whether I'm part of it or not, I want to at least see that my friends make it and fulfill their destiny. Not to mention i know for sure that Dawn herself bears the element of light within her, as well as Kaira-- my REAL friend Kaira-- plays an important part for this dimension."
"Oh?! And I bet You're willing to apologize to HER, and tell her how much you really feel for her feelings the same way?" Kyra's expression suddenly glared with intensity. "You dont belong to her." She spat with venom. "She's in love with you, but your stupid apology won't change your real feelings for her."
Barry gave her a look. "Oh yeah? And how would you know that?"
"Please, I can read you like a book," her tone reminded him so much of Prima Dona. "You dont love her. You love that witty, ugly playmate, Dawn. Admit it loud and clear as it is in your thoughts."
Barry clenched his fists and Chibu and Chibo started glowing with anger. "Patronize me one more time and I'll have Chibo and Chibu take care of you, you nagging--"
"Aha!" Kyra's expression lighted up. "You think those mere shapes can hurt me? Well! I'd like to see them try!" And suddenly, from behind her head, a yellowish-greenish glow appeared. A small football-shaped pokemon that looked identical to Chibu itself was hovering above Kyra's head, though its yellow color was a more dark yellow, unbrightening kind of glow. Instead of a halo, it had two tiny red horns near the corners of it head, and an isoscele shape at the end of its short string tail.
Chibu squealed and Barry flinched. "The devil Chibu!" He cried.
Kyra's smile widened. "That's right, earth-boy. You think you've escaped Prima Dona that easily? Well, I'll make sure she has you back, so she can teach you the true meaning of loving someone."
Barry stared at her with disbelief. To return to Prima Dona and feel the capturing intent of her beauty would be enough to make Barry fall for her all over again-- and he wasnt going to let it happen. Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart wanted him for herself, and she was willing to let him forget his friends-- especially Dawn-- by letting Prima Dona take over his head again.
Suddenly, a fiery flash darted right at the devil Chibu as it glowed with more intent. The little pokemon gave an angry squeak and feel to the ground, a few feet from Kyra's side. Kyra gasped as the sounds of men yelling and pokemon crying suddenly came closer.
"Hey! I see it! The devil messenger!" Called an angry voice.
Barry turned to his right, and spotted a rampage of fire pokemon and metal-dressed warriors running towards them. Barry widened his eyes in disbelief. It was King Malidorius's squad.
Instantly, Kyra vanished and Chibu flew forwards, colliding the devil Chibu with a spark of bright light. The devil pokemon hissed and its little buttons eyes became more devilish. A Magmar suddenly shot up from behind, ready to throw a Flamethrower, but the devil Chibu let out an angry blast of dark light, sending Chibu and the Magmar back a few feet. It disappeared in the smoke of the light.
"Barry, my boy!" King Malidorius appeared by his Arcanine, running up to him with surprise and delight.
“King Malidorius!” Barry rushed up to the fire king. His Arcanine growled with surprise and the squad of warriors were looking at him with surprise.
“Oh-hoh! How’d you find yourself all the way here? I thought you all were wiped out due to foolishness, along with Delaine! I was going to curse the living existence outta ye!”
Barry blinked and gave a nervous laugh, wondering for a moment whether the king was more happy or angered to see him. “Eheh, well, it was back in Auburn Leaf Town that we encountered a strange experience with that gypsy Talia and--”
“Talia!” Said the king gruffly. “I thought Delaine was strict enough to keep you kids from going anywhere near there!”
Barry crossed his arms and smiled. “You ask her. I don’t know much about what happened to my friends, but I know that I had been through some pretty tough times when I disappeared from the desert back near Caravel.”
“Aye,” the king eyed him carefully. “Prima Dona?”
Barry nodded. “Yes.”
“And I see you’ve met up with two thirds of the angel messenger pokemon!” Malidorius turned his sharp gaze over to where Chibu and Chibo hovered just a few feet behind Barry. Chibu let out a cry of welcome at the king, and Chibo uttered a small noise and looked a little shy again.
“Yep! They saved me from Prima Dona! You won’t believe what--”
“Aye!” The king cut him off. “Tell us along the way! I bet these creatures can lead us to where the rest of the missing ones are? I just need at least Delaine and Seth back! The others can burn to their own ways for gettin’ lost with my children!”
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Huh! Okay then. I bet they can help us out perfectly well now.” He turned to give Chibu and Chibo a determined look.
The two pokemon glowed with brightness and headed farther up the mountain. Barry and the fire squad followed the pokemon higher into the region of Yonga.

Lucas walked on, the thought of Kaira still ringing in his head. It had been several days since they had met up with her again, and he had lost count of how long had they exactly been going on this mountain. Everything Kaira told them—about Phandolia, about the prophecy, about her encounter with the pokemon as Lan, it was all mystified in their heads. But the biggest part was when Kaira mentioned the secret behind her true identity—that she, herself, was the pokemon, Dovanna. She was the pokemon of love.
The story she had explained to them had intrigued Lucas and everyone else, and he wondered how effective she could be for them now. Every time Lucas even looked at Kaira, he felt a strange, heartbeating feeling of fear and wonder, for he was both terribly curious about her, though at the same time, cautious. He still hadn’t forgotten the memory back by the forest in the Tunka region, when he had witnessed the shadows performing a terrible act that Kaira could’ve possibly done. Now that she really was more than a human from this dimension, more than a human at all, Lucas realized how much it could’ve been true—whatever she had done to Braan.
“Hey!” Delaine gasped, clutching to Seth’s arm. “Giinka!”
Lucas turned to catch a glimpse of a strange shape of a human dash through the trees around them. it peaked its head out, and then made a dash towards the next bush farther up ahead. It had the two-footed, human-like future of a person, but it also had leaves growing from its spine and around its waist. The feet were like hind paws, and it had the face resembling a cross between a female human doll, and a Leafeon. It was a giinka.
The Leafeon giinka disappeared into the ferns, letting out a strange cry of surprise. lucas approached it with cauton, but its tail disappeared into the bushes and a second later, it popped its head out of a tree behind Lucas.
“Lucas! Quit it!” Delaine huffed. “You’re scaring it! giinkas are very easy to scare.”
Lucas narrowed his eyes and his tail burned. It was probably scared just because he was an Infernape. He looked around and sensed the cold, empty scent in the air, smelling like dead leaves of trees. The land around them had a few clumped trees here and there, but it was mostly tundra and snow. Lucas looked behind him. the Leafeon giinka was gone. He wondered what it could be doing all the way up here.
“Hey, wait…..” Kaira spoke quietly. “It’s not running from Lucas….look.”
Lucas turned to glance back at Kaira, where she stood next to Delaine’s Ninetales. Dawn was resting on her back, still unconscious as can be. Day after day, Lucas worried for her. He suspected there was something else behind the strange state she was in—as if something were happening to her as she slept peacefully. She would sometimes look like she was smiling as she slept, and sometimes it looked like she was tense and scared. Sometimes her eyes looked tightly squeezed shut. Lucas wondered what kinds of dreams she could’ve been going through in a state like that. the pokemon, Deino, that had bitten her—who knows what it could’ve had that affected her?
But Seth suddenly flinched and jumped up and down. “Look! Look! it’s that nosy ball of fire again! it’s Chimchar!”
Lucas whipped around to see that the Leafeon giinka had popped out from the bushes in the distance, and was chased by small, fiery pokemon. It was no other than the same Chimchar Lucas had had following by his side almost the entire journey.
“Chimchar!” Lucas cried out, dashing over towards the little pokemon.
The Leafeon giinka let out a shrieking cry and whipped around to give Lucas a swat on the nose with its human arms—that had sharp blades on the sides for a powerful Leaf Blade attack. Lucas fell back head over heels, and let out a cry of confusion. He shot up to his feet, glaring with embarrassment. He heard a laugh from either Seth or Delaine behind him.
“Get back here, you little human pokemon weirdo!” Chimchar tried to leap at the giinka with a huffing Ember attack, but the Leafeon giinka turned to tackle at him, and then let out a terrified cry, its strange pale human-Leafeon eyes wide with unaware shock. It turned and fled, hurrying behind a cliff.
“I swear, if I was a human and I had my own pokemon--” Lucas started to mutter angrily under his breath, staring after where the giinka disappeared.
Chimchar cut him off. “Lucas! Hey, am I glad to see you! where—oh! You’ve found Kaira?! And Seth and Delaine?!”
“Lucas! Chimchar!” Delaine called after them, hurrying up to Lucas’s side with everyone else behind her. “Oh my gosh! We found you again!”
Kaira stepped up, looking down at Chimchar with a clouded smile. “You know your way around the world much better than the one you came from by now.”
Chimchar gave Kaira a glance, and Lucas realized how much Kaira had changed. She didn’t seem to possess the same fear for pokemon as she had before. She was still distant and strange, but something seemed to have happened to her, something that changed her and made her become more sophisticated and intelligent. Perhaps her story of meeting Phandolia a few nights ago had really happened. She had described it in such an intent way that Lucas had never seen her speak before. She even sounded dreamy at one point when she described the clouds they galloped through. the main part that convinced them all, was when she mentioned who she was.
Chimchar met Lucas’s gaze with raised eyebrows. “Well, you won’t believe where I’ve been! I just spotted Chibo….AND Chibu! Just over this lumpy hill! And they’re with Malidorius too!”
Lucas gasped. “King Malidorius?!”
“Yeah! and Barry, too!”
“B-Barry?!” Lucas couldn’t believe it. it was all happening so quickly. He turned to look at Kaira, Delaine, and Seth with intent eyes. they could understand his pokemon talk. Even Kaira could appear to understand his own language somehow, even though she couldn’t understand any other regular pokemon language besides his, like Chimchar’s.
Lucas spoke with shock. “King Malidorius is just over this hill! He’s got Barry too! and Chibo and Chibu!”
Kaira flinched, and her eyes looked up ahead with a blank expression. Delaine’s mouth dropped open and she and Seth exchanged excited glances. “You serious?!” Delaine cried. “Take us to him! As fast as you can!”
Without much of another moment, they were already dashing over the hills, feeling like new creatures that could run fast as the speed of light. Lucas thought of what an…..inhuman group they were. Lucas himself being a mere Infernape. Kaira supposedly the love pokemon Dovanna. Seth and Delaine—humans born from the earth within, with their pokemon, or at least descended from ancestors that were. Lucas wondered what else would await them next—he couldn’t wait to hear what had happened to Barry, and if anything about this dimension made him more than the person and soul he really was.
But suddenly, Chimchar stopped in his tracks in the middle of an open meadow. The snow was flat around them, and Lucas nearly slipped onto his chin as he skidded to a halt behind Chimchar. “What’s going on?” He cried as everyone else stopped.
Chimchar gasped. “Shh! Don’t you sense that?”
Kaira gasped. “No……” she was looking around with a startled look in her eyes.
Lucas turned and winced. “What? No, what?”
Seth’s Houndoom suddenly growled with agitation, and the baby Dovanna suddenly lowered from the sky, landing on Kaira’s shoulders with an uncomfortable cooing.
Then Lucas sensed them. the strange, nauseous smell of a dark spirit and transparent living matter. Team Solar was here, and they had attacked the squad of fire warriors. Lucas could sense their presence scattered around, as well as the hot fiery smell of the fire squad. Lucas looked down and widened his eyes. there was a drop of green liquid in front of his feet, just an inch from his front toes. He felt his tail burn with intent. “Ichor…..”
“They’ve attacked my father and his squad,” hissed Delaine, looking around her with caution. “And they’ve used a strange power at it, too.”
“Of course…” murmured Kaira.
“What? Caught what?” Lucas felt childish to ask so many questions, but his head was whirring from sudden excitement to sudden shock and nostalgia. The scent of Team Solar seemed much stronger than he had last scented them.
Kaira spoke as Seth drew out his fire blazer.“Team Solar…..one of them has caught the strange power of Achorin.”
“Acorn—what?” Lucas narrowed his eyes.
“Achorin,” Seth spoke. “It’s like a virus. If it is caught by a human or a pokemon that was born naturally from the world and the inhabitants of it, then it can cause symptoms such as mental craziness or brain disorders.”
Delaine nodded. “It causes one to go crazy as if living a seizure for the rest of its life. They get nauseous, and their blood can even become a nasty color if they’re affected too long. They can throw up the blood, which comes out as that gooey greenish color right there in front of you.”
“Ahhh,” said Chimchar with wonder. “So it’s not ichor.”
“But….” Lucas glanced at the green blood again. “That’s only if it affects humans and pokemon, right?”
“Exactly,” Kaira was speaking with haughtiness. She was looking ahead of her as if expecting a storm. “Team Solar aren’t humans or pokemon. They’re mere living auras, traveling around in the form of humans. Same goes for natural Team Solar pokemon as well. They were born from matter itself, and if they were to catch Achorin……..”
“They can do so much as to replicate it and spread it amongst the creatures around them,” Delaine continued. “Achorin doesn’t make them go mental—instead it helps them develop the mental powers of a brain disorder, able to use pretty strange sorcery on their victims to help spread it so that real living things do catch the virus.”
“Dou….” Dovanna suddenly hovered up above Kaira’s head.
Kaira sighed. “Dovanna says we must split up and look for each of the grunts. There are only about a dozen, and if we split up, we have a better chance of hiding from being sensed all at once.”
Delaine nodded, giving Lucas a confident look. “You’ll be alright with that, won’t you?”
Lucas sighed. “I…I’ve got the power of fire in me….I can sense the fire within each of the warriors’ hearts. I can help find who I can.”
“The rest of us can lure Team Solar so that they all meet up together at the top of this cliff. We can battle ‘em all at once and defeat them and their pokemon before the disease spreads.” Said Delaine.
Seth nodded, raising his eyebrows. “Dang, how old is this disease? It hasn’t been going on for like…..two hundred years or something.”
“I don’t know,” said Delaine. “But we’ve got to stop it before we go on.”

Paul snuck around the thicket with his poison dagger. Team Solar had split to defeat the last of Maildorius's warriors, and they already had a third of the entire squad wiped out by the terrible sickness of Achorin. Now, they were just in search for the two messengers that were traveling with them, aiming to destroy the two pokemon of Dalyah.
Dionza was by his side, and she was creeping up to each of the warriors like a Glameow, and Paul couldnt help admiring her slyness and cunning personality. But he knew Dawn's spirit was still wandering around him, able to become transparent towards those she didnt want to see her. it was amazing what things she could do in her anonymous dreams, even connecting with the real world and making things come true. Paul just hoped Dionza could split with him as soon as they can so he can be alone with her one last time. She was starting to feel better, which meant she would be waking up in her real part of the world-- which wasnt too far away.
"I've spotted the fire king's daughter!" Hissed Dionza, pausing to eye the sight in front of them. Paul raised his eyebrows at the sight of Delaine and her Ninetales, disappearing behind the cliff in the distance.
"Kaira must be here then," he muttered, his eyes flashing.
Dionza huffed and gave him a narrowed smile. "Of course. That girl is probably more valuable than the three beings combined. I sense a strange aura within that soul. She's more contributed to this world than we know."
Paul nodded, trying to hide the agitated feeling that was biting at him. He knew the real truth of Kaira. He saw it through the spirit of Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart, and by observing her past, he somehow got around to realize Kaira's own identity as well. He knew she was the pokemon Dovanna.
"Hey, you alright?" Dionza turned so that she faced him directly. "You seem troubled lately, like something's distracting you. Tell me, is something bothering you? Or.....someONE?"
Paul tried not to gaze into her purple eyes. "No.....I'm just very focused on what we're trying to accomplish. I mean...we're so close to stopping those three beings and putting an end to that prophecy so...."
Dionza chuckled. "Well, I'll leave you alone to your thoughts for a minute. I'm gonna go check around the corner for that dear little daughter of the fire king. Meet me there as soon as you can, kay?"
She tossed him a raised smile over her shoulder before disappearing around the cliff.
Paul watched her go and turned with a frustrated look. He gave a sharp kick at a small pebble and watched it fly through the trees and disappear into the bushes. Suddenly, something rustled in the bushes in front of him. Paul tensed. He saw a red glow and then took a step back, but suddenly stumbled over a dead branch that jutted from the ground. He let out a quick gasp and found himself tumbling down the slope below, sliding to the edge of a trickling ice cold stream. He shot up and brushed himself of snow, cursing in his head.
"Well! Looks like someone took a wrong turn in ambition!" A sharp, chilling voice spoke from behind.
Paul tensed, and then slowly turned around. Prima Dona was standing there by the river, just a few inches right behind. Her tall figure arched up as she glared down at him with her hands on her hips, her eyes piercing as blades as she focused on him with intent anger.
Behind Paul, the devil Chiba hovered above his head, snickering and glowing with a bright red pride.
"P-Prima Dona..." Paul uttered breathlessly.
"You fool!" Prima Dona whipped out her left arm and gave him a smack on the face, sending him falling backwards and hitting the slope a few feet behind. Paul was knocked dizzy. He suddenly felt his heart beat with dread. Prima Dona knew everything about what he had done-- she knew how he had been seeing Dawn through her dreams and even thinking twice about turning his back on Team Solar.
"You've decided to play dumb with me, havent you? Well, i'll have you know-- your pokemon are as good as DEAD. They are nothing but mere, banished particles of flecks, disappeared into the world of nothingess!"
"You've gotten rid of my pokemon?!" Paul shot up with a look of disbelief.
Prima Dona smiled and gave a sharp laugh. "Hah! You'll be more than welcome to join them in the black hole of nothingness and dark spirits! But! the only problem is that you have no real darkness in your heart! You've been confined to that terrible light of the chosen one-- of that stupid, irritating female fiend of yours!"
Paul flashed his eyes. "Don't you ever call Dawn that! I've had darkness in me-- I knew it! I knew it when I felt myself lighten up and feel changed every time she was there to be with me. She can light the darkness in any kind of spirit! She'll be more powerful than you'll ever be!"
Chiba flinched and let out a snarling growl, suddenly looking strictly angered without its devious smile. Prima Dona just stood there, staring at Paul with stone hard eyes.
"Say watcha want, Paul!" Chiba giggled, riding up and suddenly glowing with a darker redness. "We'll take care of any of the consequences to punish you."
Paul suddenly felt the wind freeze to a chilling temperature, and the clouds above suddenly became dark gray and thick.
Prima Dona was glittering with a terrible icy shine. "Prepare for the unthinkable, Paul. In the region of Yonga, strange rituals can be performed when the time's right. And right now, I feel the power of darkness overcome me with the virus of Achorin around."
Chiba chuckled. “Prepare for the pain, Paul.”
Paul suddenly felt a strange twisting pain in his chest that cramped so badly, he flinched and dropped to the ground within a second. Instantly, he knew how much trouble he was in now, for Prima Dona could do a thousand times worse than the devil Chiba.
“You failed!” Chiba’s voice was echoing in his head. “You failed me, fool! You will never prove to be as dark as you think you can be! I’ll never be yours! But….you can be mine.”
Paul squeezed his eyes shut and clutched at the ground, feeling the life out of him slowly drain away.
Suddenly, Prima Dona let out a scream. “Agh!” She fell back with force, and the lights around Paul’s body suddenly disappeared and he was panting on his knees with throbbing pain.
“Prima Dona!” Gasped a voice. Paul looked up and saw that Dawn’s spirit was hovering up to the ice witch from behind. She glowed like a shine of light from the moon. Her eyes were a narrowed glare as she looked down at Prima Dona. “Should’ve known your presence was here…”
“Gah!” Prima Dona was up at her feet, her eyes blazing an adamant look. “Oh! It’s the foolish little girl! Listen, you! why don’t you go back to your own world and mind your own business? You think you’re really that special?” Her voice was an edgy taunt.
Dawn’s eyes softened. “I know my business is to find my place here in the fifth dimension to fulfill the prophecy. And you can’t stop me—or any of us.”
Chiba glared and looked ready to charge.
Prima Dona etched a narrowed creepy smile across her face. “Hah! You really think you’re going to outsmart ME? Try it, fool! you’re way too weak to confront powers like mine, whether you’re part of the prophecy or not!”
Dawn’s glowing eyes were shining angelically down at the evil ice witch, and Paul could feel the tension pressing up just by having the two of them stare at each other.
Suddenly, something fluttered over Dawn’s head and flashed a white bright light between her and Prima Dona.
Chiba flinched and hovered closer to Prima Dona. “Chi!”
Prima Dona hissed and glared up at Dawn. “What is it now, you impudent?!”
Dawn’s expression suddenly lighted as she followed the bright white flash of light that flew around her. it suddenly formed into the shape of a pokemon and Paul widened his eyes. The pokemon was the very form of Dovanna, except smaller and the size of a Starly rather than a majestic glamorous dove.
“Douuu!” The baby Dovanna cooed with delight, its eyes meeting Dawn’s, and then turning over to gaze at Prima Dona.
“Cheeehhh!” Chiba spit out a nasty hiss at Dovanna and Prima Dona gave the little bird a menacing, heartbreaking glare.
“Ah! So you’ve brought a friend! Well, nice to see that there’s at least a replica of the pokemon whom I had planned to banish forever!”
Paul slowly got up and spoke. “No! Wha…..you’re not going to kill it, are you?” He felt a strange longing for the little bird, feeling its inspiring spirit and importance of existence. For some reason, Paul felt terrible at the thought of having to do anything rash to this innocent looking little dove.
Prima Dona turned with a sarcastic smile. “Oh, you worried for this little newborn? I’ll do what I want with it! Dovanna was banished long ago, and now a newborn has hatched to fly in its path! NO! I’ll tell you one thing. I will let NOTHING take place of anything that I’ve done. NO ONE will ever replace whatever I had taken care of for good.”
Paul swallowed. He wanted to say it out loud that the real Dovanna really wasn’t banished at all, but he knew Prima Dona knew that. it was the huge reason why she was even after Kaira. Prima Dona whipped around to face up at the baby Dovanna.
“Now! Prepare for the morbid!”And without another word, Prima Dona aimed up at the pokemon with her tall spear and zapped it with a freezing bolt of ice.
Dawn let out a terrified gasp and the baby Dovanna flinched open its wings, stretching its small body out as the spear struck it. Paul felt a dreadful feeling overcome him, and he felt the urge to just sneak up on Prima Dona and tackle her from behind. But every time he tried to move a muscle, his bones felt weak and worn out from the force Prima Dona had tortured him with.
Prima Dona was uttering an evil sounding chant under her breath, and at each word, the light around the baby Dovanna seemed to glow with more intensifying darkness.
Chiba turned to meet Paul’s gaze and gave him its devious smile. “Heehee, pretty soon, she’ll send the little dove back to where it came from—to become matter again and become sucked into the dark hole! She’ll use its loving abilities and destroy them over you, so that you can feel what it’s like to be pure darkness!”
Paul struggled to rise up, but he couldn’t heave himself up from kneeling down with weakness.
“No!” Cried Dawn. “Dovanna! Help yourself!” Dawn shined a light towards the pokemon, aiming a hand towards it, narrowing her eyes with focus.
Suddenly, the baby Dovanna beamed with white light and let out a sharp cry, destroying the dark light around it. It shot up in the air and swooped down, glaring its eyes towards Prima Dona, ready to attack her.
Prima Dona let out a huff and swatted a hand towards the bird, causing a wave of ice spears hurtling towards baby Dovanna. The pokemon spread its wings and let the ice spears shatter, and tried to strike at Prima Dona with a fierce Wing Attack that sent the sharp blades of ice back towards her.
Paul watched with awe. It was a pokemon battle against—not a human—but a sorceress, a force of matter that had come to life as the dark icy Prima Dona herself. Her jet-black hair whipped around her in the wind and she struck out powerful blows of ice at the small, swift pokemon.
Paul saw that Dawn seemed to be fading away, her eyes shocked and dazed at the sight of the battle. “Dawn! No! don’t leave me!” He tried to take a step forward, but Chiba whipped around and shot itself at him, pinning him against a tree and hovering right in front of his face, keeping a magnetic force that stuck him to the tree.
“Oh, I won’t leave you!” It spoke menacingly, smiling with wickedness. “I would never escape your memories! I will always be alive in this world—whether you think of me or not!” And Paul felt a painful grasp around his neck. the devil Chiba was choking him as it summoned bright red lights around him.
“Chiiiii!” A higher familiar squeal suddenly sounded in the distance. The devil Chiba was suddenly shoved to the left, and it let go of Paul, making him fall to his side, barely conscious. Paul’s vision blurred, but he managed to see that it was the messenger of Dalyah—the yellow, small pokemon Chibu. It was battling devil Chiba with a determined glare on its face.
Paul gasped and looked behind him. Something was burning and growling with shock.
It was an Infernape, but something about this pokemon seemed disturbingly familiar. It was gazing down at him with a narrowed gaze, growling, though it loked tense, as if holding itself back from harming him.
“Lucas! Get over here! We need help!” Came a shout from behind.
The Infernape turned and dashed away, and Paul lifted his head up to see that it was Seth and Delaine, looking smoked and wounded. They must have battled Team Solar. Then Paul widened his eyes at the limp figure in the Houndoom’s mouth. It was Dionza.
“No….” Paul suddenly felt a sensation of anger and betrayal. He couldn’t let anyone hurt Dionza. Not even if it was for….his own friends.
But then Dionza startedto glow and disappear. The Houndoom growled and looked around in confusion, and then let out a cry as Dionza appeared at the other side of the river where Prima Dona was battling the baby Dovanna.
Seth and Delaine were rushing up to help the baby Dovanna. The Infernape followed them with aggressive speed, and pretty soon, Prima Dona was surrounded.
But she wasn’t deceived for long. A huge Lapras rose from the waters, and from the skies, a huge, monstrous dragon pokemon flew down with a terrible cry. the pokemon was three headed, snake-like, and none other than a Hydreigon.
Suddenly, Paul turned to see that Delaine’s Ninetales had crept out from the bushes behind him, narrowing its eyes and burning cautiously. It seemed to be holding back from striking at him as well.
Paul let out a gasp. On its back, was Dawn’s body—her real, live-like form. She was still in a deep sleep, though her eyes were tightly shut, as if feeling herself in her terrible dream. “Dawn…” Paul muttered. He looked back to where Prima Dona battled. Dawn’s dreamlike spirit was no where to be seen. From behind, Chibu and Chiba were still fighting vigorously, each looking like unstoppable little shapes of danger.
The Ninetales suddenly flinched at turned to snarl, and a purple ghostly shape darted out from the bushes, leaping over the river to fight at Prima Dona’s side. It was her Ghastleon, and Paul caught the red stain along its snout as it crouched and darted the attacking strikes.
Paul turned to see a glow form where it had leaped out from. Ninetales was peering down at it, and Paul raised his eyebrows as he saw that Dawn’s dream-glowing form was kneeling over at limp body. it was Barry, laying on his side and looking pale as snow. His lips were a strange grayish color, as if the blood had been sucked out of his entire body.
“Dawn……?” Paul approached her and knelt down by her side to the right of Barry.
“He’s still alive…” Dawn put a hand on his forehead. “He just needs…warmth. Ghastleon attacked him with a strange dark power that weakened his heart and then…..she came.”
“Prima Dona?” Paul winced. Prima Dona was still fighting, and he could still hear her shouting curses.
“No. Dionza came. She struck him with a blade and tried to transfer the disease of Achorin. He’s….he’s barely obtained it but….it will slowly start to replicate within him and take over.”
Paul looked at her helpless face. he knew someone had to find a way to take out the disease from him, but Dawn couldn’t do it herself. The disease of Achorin would have nothing to do with the light that Dawn could bear.
“I’m…I’m so sorry,” he didn’t know what to say. He didn’t want to see Dionza hurt, nor did he want to see Dawn so downhearted. He turned to look up at her body upon the Ninetales. “You know……you’re awfully close to your real soul in the real part of the dimension.”
“Of course…I know.” Murmured Dawn. “I will soon return…but not before I fel better in this state—knowing that Barry will be okay.” She looked down at Barry’s unmoving body with sadness.
Paul felt a stab of sympathy. A feeling sparked slightly inside of him, wondering how much she really cared for Barry.
“Oh, Barry will be alright,” murmured a voice. Paul and Dawn turned to see that it was Kaira, standing with an intent, cloudy pale gaze.
“Kaira!” Gasped Dawn, rising up. Paul suddenly felt a strange tension occur between the two, and he eyed Kaira as she stepped forward without changing her unreadable expression.
“He’s in the unconscious state of the Achorin disease. He will heal—but he must be left alone and let his own body fight the disease himself. We have better things to take care of right now.” Kaira spoke with strange intent, and Paul felt more crept out by her presence by the second.
Dawn stared at her blankly for a moment, until suddenly, Dionza crashed in through the trees. “Paul! Let’s get outta here! Find the rest of our Team Solar grunts! They’ve been attacked and wounded! We’ve got to find each of them!”
Before Paul could say another word, Dionza grabbed his hand and he was fleeing away from the scene behind him.
“Wait! Dawn!” He cried out loud.
Dawn’s voice echoed in his head. “Shh…don’t worry…I’ll still have time to visit you a few more moments…”


Back at the fight, Lucas was chasing after Dionza. He cursed under his breath as he saw that he had lost track of her. he whipped around, and saw that Ninetales was standing there, with Dawn hovering by its side. “Dawn!” But then Lucas’s spirits faltered. It was only the dreamlike spirit of Dawn—and she was staring down at her own real life body like a spirit from another dimension.
Barry was lying on his side, unmoving. Kaira was kneeling at his side, and she was holding his face with a look of sorrow on her face. “Barry, please….” She almost looked ready to kiss him….but then suddenly, a wave of energy seemed to blow around them, filling Lucas with the power of love and happiness. He was looking at Kaira with a strange feeling of sensation, and pretty soon, Barry was blinking open his eyes, sitting up and looking around.
“Uh……what? What happened…?” He barely got to meet Kaira’s gaze before the spirit of Dawn gasped with delight.
“Oh….Barry!” And within seconds, her spirit seemed to fade away.
“Dawn?” Barry looked behind him, and raised his eyebrows as the unconscious body of Dawn started to move. Ninetales burned with delight, and sat down to let Dawn slip off its back, heading towards Barry with a relieved smile on her face. her eyes looked dazed, and Lucas wondered if she was still in a trance, lost by whatever she had been through in her dream.
Barry rose up, left Kaira without a single notice, and met up with Dawn, holding her hand.
“Oh, your hands are cold,” gasped Dawn.
“Are they?” Barry chuckled. “Well….I was going through a tough time with that Solar Grunt…”
Lucas blinked and turned to see Kaira. She had rose up, an envied look in her green eyes. in a flash, the strange dreamy feelings of admiration and peace vanished from Lucas and he looked at Kaira, feeling the devious feeling of jealousy well up inside her.
“Well, all’s well that ends well…?” She seemed to be muttering something strange. But Lucas felt a nauseous feeling as her fists clenched.
Suddenly, the baby Dovanna flew from the sky above them, battling a new opponent in the sky. it was a strange vulture-like pokemon that was ten times the size of the Dovanna.
Prima Dona’s voice suddenly pierced through. “Finish it, Mandibuzz! Slice its neck!” She appeared from the trees with her Ghastleon and the devil Chiba by her side.
Above, Chibu and Chibo were helping the little bird fight off the terrible bird. Chimchar ran up to Lucas’s side. “Oh! I sure wish I could fly right now!”
“And as for YOU!” Lucas flinched as Prima Dona turned, gazing towards where Kaira was standing. Prima Dona’s expression suddenly turned into a haughty smile. “Dear, you really wouldn’t want to see your child get hurt, would you? Well, it was your fault for having brought it to this world! It would’ve been different if you had let it hatch where you were supposed to be!”
“I’m supposed to be HERE,” spoke Kaira quietly, meeting Prima Dona’s gaze with narrowed eyes. “And I’m gonna do what I’m supposed to do in this world.”
Everyone watched as Kaira suddenly turned up to the young Dovanna and focused her eyes on it until the little pokmon was glowing. Then, Kaira closed her eyes, and the young Dovanna stopped flapping its little wings and spread them wide open, calming down its opponents and allies at its side. Pretty soon, Lucas felt dazed and pretty soon, a bright white light over came them all, then suddenly faded away within a minute.
And as Lucas looked around, slowly flashing his gaze from Seth and Delaine behind him, the fire type pokemon by his side, to Dawn and Barry, and to Kaira, Lucas realized with a sudden feeling, that Prima Dona, devil Chibo, and all her pokemon, were gone.

Kaira had gone into another trance again. the world around her seemed to be spinning, but she knew it was just her imagination. Her heart thudded with regret at what she had just done with Barry. She had rescued him….but he had not even taken a single glimpse of notice towards her.
“He just saw right through me,” she thought bitterly and despairingly, wanting to cry out to the world. “He didn’t even SEE me—he went straight to Dawn when he woke up!” To think that was right when Dawn had awoken from her sickness too!
“Kaira!” Chibu’s voice echoed in her head, and she regained her senses. The little messenger pokemon was hovering right in front of her face. she had barely seen anything through the midst of all her thoughts. “Kaira, snap out of it! Malidorius has arrived! Everyone is cleaning up!”
“Malidorius?!” Kaira spoke out loud. She looked around. Fire warriors were appearing around them, and Delaine and Seth were already in the king’s arms, and the massive muscled fire king hugged them both like an Ursaring.
“Oh, my kiddie prince and princess! What would I have ever done without you both?!” He was yelling out his happiness at their reunion.
Lucas and Chimchar were socializing with the other fire type pokemon, some looking flabbergasted at the sight of Lucas himself being an Infernape.
Barry and Dawn were still by the tree, together, looking lost and nervous to confront the people and pokemon around them. it was as if they had just woken up and had forgotten who they even were.
Kaira fumed, but then calmed down slightly, realizing she was just imagining them holding each other’s hands at the moment. It sure did look like it, though.
“Kaira!” Chibu was frowning at her again. “Hello? Do you have to be reminded twice? Come on! We’ve got to help some of the fire warriors—many are sick and injured from that Achorin disease like Barry was!”
Kaira flinched and then huffed back in her thoughts, “Did you see what Barry did once I helped him escape his stupid trance?” She was glaring at the little pokemon. “He didn’t even notice me! He got up and the first thing he did was come and give that Dawn a big smooch on the lips for seeing her again.”
Chibu’s eyes went wide. “He did NOT kiss her, Kaira.”
Kaira rolled her eyes. “Well, in my eyes he did. He gave her some kind of kiss from the inside.”
Chibu gave what sounded like a small chuckle and winced. “What’s that supposed to mean? Kaira, come on, please. You’re acting up for nothing. You can deal with Barry later, but you’ve already saved him. there are others that need to be saved. Baby Dovanna and Chibo are already helping them out right now. come on, we need to help ‘em too.”
“Why not tell that to Romeo and Juliet?!” Kaira nearly said the snappy reply out loud. She was starting to feel her own glare heat up her face as Chibu started to look scared. “They’re standing around like idiots with just as much useless as I am!”
“Hah! Come on, remember that they don’t contain the natural planetary powers within this dimesion that can be used against diseases like Achorin.” Chibu gave her a sideways look.
Kaira glared and started walking away. “What? I don’t remember. Is Achorin caused by the spread of crazed up dreams?”
“It’s a virus that comes to the fifth world when….not when a person has a crazy, unexplainable screwed up dream—that’s to do with Missingno. But Achorin comes when a crazy person has a dream. It is a virus that is unseen and microscopic like pokemon protists in this dimension. If a pokemon or person from your earth dimension on the first side has a brain problem, such as down syndrome or a mental disability, when they have some sort of strong dream, they cause a virus in that dream that comes alive with it in the fifth dimension. Usually, the virus doesn’t travel anywhere further than the region of Lluyan. But sometimes, just like any other dreams that grow to become strong, they can reach the outside world in this planet, and if any natural being catches it—whether they are from this place or not—they will suffer from brain problems like Barry had in his frozen trance. Luckily, when he woke up, it didn’t get to take over him yet, though it was really close to planning to. so don’t worry—Barry’s no more than the idiot he originally was.”
Kaira wouldve chuckled, but she was still fuming about his reaction with Dawn.
“Aye! We must all gather towards the summit of this hill! It shall provide a rest area for all, and that’s our next destination!” Malidorius was raising his mighty voice. “There, we shall rest and recover. Then discuss further plans!”
And pretty soon, the squad was moving. Kaira stood, watching all the fire people and pokemon leave around her.
“Come on, Kaira,” Chibu was giving her a nudge. “We should get going.”
Kaira rolled her eyes and walked on forward, eying Barry and Dawn from behind as they muttered a conversation to each other as they followed with the squad.
Everyone settled near a cave close to the edge of a cliff. the view was tremendously exotic and wonderous, and Kaira felt like she could jump off and float through the sky forever, above the beautiful view. the cave was already crowded with the most wounded and sick warriors, but it wasnt too crowded, for the squad only contained only about fifth warriors with them.
"This is so tragic," growled Delaine, kicking a rock off the edge of the cliff. Kaira watched the stone disappear into the misty air below. "We've lost like...two thirds of what we had started with. Actually, maybe even more than that! What are we going to do?"
"All this loss is moslty caused by the rampage of Team Solar, I bet," said Kaira with a sigh.
"Yeah...but Malidorius has also encountered many problems with the seasons and wild pokemon. The spirits seem angry at us, and have been acting up. There have been more fire tornadoes and strange sandstorms occurring on the west side where they have been traveling."
"Oh yeah.....they took the other route..." Kaira remembered how they had been separated by the encounter of the devil Chibo leading them through the region of Lluyan.
Delaine gave a long sigh. "Well, if you pay attention, you may feel how close the spirits are to become angered and corrupted." She gave Kaira an intent look. "If anyone as important as my father is suddenly being tortured by climate changes, and quicksand swallowing up a huge amount of our squad, as well as having random pokemon-- even fire pokemon-- jump out to attack them and slow down their journey, then the spirits must be taking over, driving the pokemon crazy and possessing their minds to attack them like this. The weather too is very fragile in this fifth dimension. You feel it, dont you?"
Kaira paused and gazed bacck at Delaine with calm, dazed eyes. "Yes....I do. I've always felt how strange the atmosphere of this place was-- wherever i went. The weather itself is so dense to become affected by any changes or influences and inspirations from the first dimension on the other distant side of this place....this planet of Gaiyah is like earth-- it IS earth-- but just in its fifth dimension form, behind the portals of a distant..."
"Hey! You! Delaine!"
Kaira and Delaine turned to see one of Malidorius's servants heading over to them with a Magby following by his side.
"The king wants to see you. Seth and his pokemon are in the cave, helping the fire type pokemon recover, and he wants you to help him with the warriors and trainers. He wants this done immediately-- to have everyone rested and taken care of by midnight."
Delaine looked to the sky. The sun wasnt setting yet, though the sky portrayed a dim brightness that told it was almost ready. She huffed and gave a sideways look to Kaira. "Well, take care of yourself. You're more than welcome to help others recover too, but I understand if you want to be alone."
Kaira gave Delaine a raised look.
Delaine was looking at her with understanding in her firm green eyes. "I noticed what happened with Barry. You rescued him all by yourself...with your own power of love and life-- though the power was still vague and unintended. But it was still enough to have save him."
Kaira felt hot and angered again and she wanted to frown and look away.
"I can talk to him if you want," Delaine's determined tone was suddenly calm. She crossed her arms and gave a raised look. "I can stand up to anybody and make anything noticeable to anyone. Trust me, I'm good at putting things to notice."
"No," Kaira spoke tartly and looked away, wincing. "I....I can handle it by myself. Thanks, though."
Before Delaine could say anything else, Kaira was already walking away towards a tall tree to the left of the cave. She didnt look back to see Delaine's watching gaze before she hurried away to help her father.
Kaira sighed, scratching her fingernails at the weak-looking tree bark. The skin was easy to peel, and if Kaira were angry enough, she felt like she couldve scratched up this entire tree. But she felt too emotional and dazed to do anything strong. She felt both angered and weakened, and at the same time, as she gazed at the tree, she felt like she was looking at the past of an extraordinary being. This tree, she thought, is as valuable as anything that has lived in this planet. It had a beginning, caused by the influences of the inspiration and spiritism in the first dimension all the way back on earth. Something had influenced it to grow here, or at least it had been part of something that had to do with its growth. Maybe it had appeared in a dream when two pokemon had met each other on earth. Maybe two Staraptors had met and had a long generation of a family back on earth, upon a very tree like this, and because of its great influence on the pokemon, it had stuck through so many minds of each pokemon that was born on it, and eventually finding a way to appear in the fifth dimension on Gaiyah, where it grew out of importance and influence from another world.
However the tree had grown, Kaira felt so alone. Not everything in this planet had to be born out of dreams and memories from earth. She, herself, as the pokemon Dovanna, had been created by the matter of love, simply by all the strong feelings that were felt through the souls of planet earth. She had a big influence both on earth and on Gaiyah....and she still had a destiny to fulfill.
Someone was approaching her from behind. She bit her lip, expecting Delaine to be creeping up on her and surprising her with a greeting poke at the shoulder like she had seen her do to Seth, but as Kaira turned around, it was Barry, standing there with a blank look on his face, looking slightly concerned and nervous to have her notice him.
"Hey," he let out a small smile.
Kaira blinked and turned away, narrowing her eyes. Strange, she thought, for Barry to have approached her with such a calm greeting. She suddenly felt nauseous, remembering how Chibu had told her that Barry finally knew how much she had cared for him, and that she almost loved him more than friend. Kaira felt betrayed and regretful. She wondered what that must've made Barry himself feel.
Barry was up to her side, gazing at her with a longing look. He sighed. "So....I was just arguing with Seth about how I knew a Houndoom back in Sinnoh that could kick his Houndoom's butt. Remember how my father used to have a Houndoom? Now that pokemon could really--"
"Where's Dawn?" Kaira asked sourly, not in the mood to share humor with him. "I thought you were both sick and you both had to rest in the cave...together. Why aren't you resting?"
Barry met her gaze, and chuckled. "Nah, dont worry. It's not like I'm suddenly prone to the slightest invisible spirit out here hitting me on the head." Barry was looking around. "Hey, why are you out here all by yourself? Don't you want to socialize with Lucas and everyone else? I mean...we're all back together again! Back with Malidorius's squad!"
Kaira looked away at her carving on the tree, visualizing the sloppy scribbles to be forming the shape of a broken heart. "Or what's left of it."
Barry winced and gave her a hearty nudge. "Hey, come on! I thought you became more lovable and outgoing since you met that baby Dovanna, not to mention that awesome secret you just recently found out about your past!" Barry suddenly spoke with excitement. "I heard about your meeting with Phandolia. Care to tell me about it? I bet you had a wonderful time with him."
Kaira looked at Barry, feeling rage pulse through her. But as she stared into his blue eyes, she noticed the spark of admiration in them. She knew he knew how angry and upset she must feel about his feelings, and she wondered if this friendly approach was to show her how much he was satisfied with her feelings, or if it was just because he was still blissfully unaware about everything she was going through. Kaira narrowed her eyes. "Phandolia showed me how I had lost my love as Dovanna....and he told me how I can get it back."
"Oh? And how's that?" Barry was speaking politely with her. Kaira was starting to feel weird. "I bet.....you have to learn to love naturally, dont you?"
Kaira held her breath. The way he had spoken so softly and so nicely reminded her so much of Phandolia-- of Lan when he had spoken to her. Kaira's narrowed, untrusting eyes suddenly became wide and dazed.
“Yes,” she uttered, barely more than a low whisper. “I do have to love….but apparently, it hasn’t happened yet.” And she turned away.
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Well…..you can always keep looking.”
Kaira’s heart suddenly pounded. What the heck was that supposed to mean?
She felt his hand rest on her shoulder and she couldn’t help flinching. She felt fragile under his touch.
“Kaira…..I’m sorry for the way I was,” he spoke carefully and in a low voice. “I…..I was stupid to have not realized how you really wouldve felt about me. Especially since you’re more observant and canny than one would think.”
Kaira slowly turned her head to meet his eyes. his expression was sorry and intent. She felt her own heart beat so hard, she thought he could’ve heard it. “You….” she couldn’t think of what to say, and she felt a lump in her throat when she tried to speak.
Barry sighed. “I understand you now. When I was trapped with Prima Dona….I was transfixed by her evil and beauty, I would let myself get carried away with doing things for her. But then when I was whipped away with you for a while…..I realized how much I could’ve cared for you….and how much you could’ve cared for me. Especially after Mr. and Mrs. Flockheart explained the truth about their real daughter—Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart.”
Kaira felt the blood rush through her as she heard the name of her evil twin. But she gazed into Barry’s eyes with wonder. “So…..you already knew?”
“I had a feeling once we were together, trying to escape Kyra in the Town of Silence. You and I—fleeing together, with no one else but Chibu by our side. I felt that we had gone through so much together, and I even thought twice about our feelings for each other, but it wasn’t enough to make me exactly realize. And then SHE came and told me.” Barry’s expression narrowed. “Kyra told me everything, and she….”
Kaira could see he was drifting into a daze at the memory of his encounter with Kyra, alone. She may not have known what it was like for him to be alone with that brat, but she felt a strange tension waft around her.
A coo sounded above them, and the baby Dovanna was fluttering above them both, filling the air with the happy scent of fresh blossoms and nectar that wafted from its pure white feathers. Kaira suddenly felt enlightened, almost as she had with Lan, as she stood there side by side with Barry, next to the tall tree. Barry looked up at the dove pokemon with a smile.
“Ha! The thing hasn’t grown any bigger than a little Starly since we last saw it!” He chuckled.
Suddenly, an arrow shot pass baby Dovanna, missing it by a centimeter. The pokemon suddenly gave a startled cry and flew around with fear, and then disappeared up in the trees.
Kaira gasped. “Dovanna!” she turned to her left and widened her eyes with surprise. there stood Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart, eying them with envy.
“Well, well! Reunited and it feels so good, huh?” She crossed her arms as she focused on Kaira with a glare.
Kaira said nothing. Her presence was enough to have her forgetting all about her strange feeling with Barry.
“Aw! Great, it’s you!” Barry huffed.
Kyra raised her eyebrows and met Barry’s gaze with a naughty smile and gave him a sideways look.
Kaira saw how Barry’s face turned a red, nervous color and he took a step back. Kaira clenched her fists. Whatever had happened between those two, she knew she wouldn’t have ever forgotten it if she saw it.
“Chiii!”
“Chiiiiiii!!!”
Chibu and Chibo suddenly appeared from around the cave and started nudging at Kyra, and she let out a grumpy scream, trying to wave her arms and shoo them away. “Achh! Get away from me, you small pieces of--”
Kaira and Barry watched as she was herded away into the bushes. Kaira turned to look forward, panting. She felt dizzy.
“Hey….” Barry was looking at her with a concerned gaze.
“I….I need to rest,” Kaira replied distantly, not meeting his gaze. She walked forward, not paying attention as she stepped up to the end of the cliff. She was aware of Barry’s shocked expression, but before he could react, she stopped herself before she walked right off the edge. She stared ahead, lost and deep in thought.

The next morning, Malidorius had arranged a reunion party. He, Delaine, Seth, and their fire pokemon of the royal court had assembled a celebration in which he allowed the warriors to relax, socialize, and have fun with their pokemon around the area. Everywhere around, people and pokemon were running around the trees, hanging out by the cliffs, chatting or playing games with each other. they were celebrating their last night of being with their arrivals, Kaira, Barry, Dawn, and Lucas, for by sunset, they would be at the bottom of this mountain and parting ways to head on north. Apparently, Malidorius had to take his squad to the lair of Heatran, which lied in the region west in Askip. They were curious about the strange warm weather patterns going on, and wondering why the climate had been so roughly cold, even for them.
Kaira couldn’t find herself enjoying any of the activities. She sat on a jutted rock in front of the cliff, staring out into space, watching as Dawn playfully tagged around with Lucas and Chimchar. She was still thinking about her moment with Barry the other day, and how he had been gazing into her eyes. did he really accept her for her feelings with the same return?
She saw Barry walking up to her form the corner of her eye, carrying a slice of pizza. “Hey! Believe it or not, they got pizza here in the fifth dimension! I guess that was one thing that was able to make its way into this world from influences and strong feelings!”
Kaira blinked, looking straight ahead, and said nothing. Her hands were in her lap, and she was as unmoving as a statue.
Barry looked at her with worry. “Are you okay? why don’t you enjoy the fun with us? This will be our last night with Delaine and Seth….”
Kaira slowly shook her head. “I’ve had the fun I can have. I’m fine….thank you.”
Barry raised an eyebrow. “Well……okay then.” She guessed he didn’t want to press her on anymore. “Do you…..at least want some pizza? Here! I got this just for you.”
He handed her a plate with a single slice of what looked like cheese and pineapple. Kaira didn’t even glance at the plate as he held it by her side, but she took the plate and sat it on her lap, still gazing into space.
Barry watched her for a moment. “Um…well, I’ll be over with Dawn—“ he added quickly, “—and Lucas! And uh…Chimchar! And everyone else back there….see ya.” She could tell he was trying not to offend her again, trying obviously pretty hard. He turned and walked away, but looked back behind himself to glance one more time at Kaira.
She sat up straight and lost with the plate in her lap, and she slowly brought the pizza to her mouth, taking a one and tiny, careful bite. Her face looked pale and flushed, and her mouth was slightly hung open as she slowly chewed with a dazed, clouded look in her eyes.
Barry blinked, looking worried, and then walked away, watching his steps as he left.
By sunset, the squad of warriors were already off the mountain. Kaira, Barry, Dawn, Lucas, Chimchar, Chibu, Chibo, and baby Dovanna were all at the front, by king Malidorius’s side, and chatted on endlessly with Delaine and Seth.
The fiery warm spirit of the two warriors lightened up Kaira’s heart to be around them, and even Chibu urged her to socialize and enjoy her last time with the fire warriors. Baby Dovanna even helped cheer her up, and unlike Chibu, Kaira was able to automatically feel happy and calm around the little pokemon just by hearing its cute cooing.
Kaira hadn’t talked to Barry much, for she was trying to stay clear from him and keep from becoming all dazed and confused by his presence again. she managed to associate with Delaine and Seth, and even Dawn as a normal friendly person would, and she did realize how much more positive she had become from when she had first met the warriors.
Finally, they stopped at a corner of a lopsided cliff. The forest around them was tall and dark green, revealing bright leaves here and there in the late autumn season.
Malidorius and his Arcanine both looked ahead of them with a stern frown. “Mmm….aye….this is where we shall part.”
Dawn gasped. “Oh, must we really?” She looked to Seth and Delaine, and their Ninetales and Houndoom with a longing look.
Seth sighed and gave her a sideways look. “Hey! who knows? Perhaps we’ll meet again when the time comes.” He gave them a wink, and they knew exactly what he meant. The king Malidorius had no idea about who Kaira, Barry, Dawn, and Lucas even were, for baby Dovanna, Chibu, and Chibo had been traveling high above the clouds above them, unseen by any of the warriors. Only Kaira and her friends knew of their presence, and the purpose of her, Barry, Dawn, and Lucas.
“You guys know you must head north, following that Chibo,” said Delaine. “And in the meantime, we must carry on our plans to stop that Team Solar. We have discovered some disturbances in the weather that only fire-types could read, and because of that, we must venture into the west of this region to seek the lair of Heatran.”
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Huh! Heatran in its fifth dimension form. I wonder what that’ll look like?”
Seth gave him a teasing look. “Much more powerful than your average ol’ Heatran back on earth.”
“Hey, you take that back!” Barry remarked playfully.
“Aye…..” Malidorius was looking at them with a stern look. “You’d all be safe, wouldn’t ya? Without me daughter n’ Seth?”
“Of course,” Kaira answered carefully. “We know our way now. we’re in the region of Askip, the plentiful region of hope and spirit. We can find our way.”
“Of course ye will. Make sure ye fulfill that prophecy too.”
They all gasped. “H-How did you know?!” Barry cried.
Malidorius raised his eyes. “Ye think me stupid? I saw that girl heal you like a sorceress. I know what she’s capable of. Me heart is as clear and heated as a lightbulb, and I can see what’s goin’ on. I may not show it, but aye…..”
Everyone looked at each other with wonder. Kaira wondered how long the king had known how valuable they were, and she wished she had known what they had gone through in their journey after they had gotten separated.
“Now we must go,” Malidorius looked ot the sky, and his Arcanine gave a low growl. “You head north, and follow the blue light. We shall turn west and find Heatran, and confront it with the spirit of fire. You guys complete yer destiny….and stay clear from HER path.”
Kaira narrowed her eyes. Prima Dona. She had a feeling she wasn’t going to be too far off from now. wherever the force had sent Prima Dona, she couldn’t be too far off. Not even Kaira herself knew where she and Dovanna had sent her. But she knew it was temporary—it wasn’t too far away.
“We’ll do it, Malidorius,” said Dawn, nodding her head.
“Yes,” added Kaira. “Thank you for accompanying us, and staying by our sides. Delaine, Seth, we’ll miss you, but we’ll see each other again.” She gave a small smile at the two of them, holding hands. She had almost forgotten they were a real couple.
They both smiled back. “Thank you, Kaira.” Said Delaine. Seth just gave Barry a naughty smile and turned away.
Delaine and Seth took their king’s side and the fire squad gathered around behind them. Kaira saw how small the squad looked from the huge band that they had first started out with. But all the fire people, all the fire pokemon, they all looked burning and strong, ready to take on any challenge with the force of fire within them. Lucas gave a low Infernape cry, feeling their spirit burn within them. she gave him an admiring glance. He seemed to understand his part in the prophecy. He would be the fire that brought the light and dark together when the time came. He would be the fire of the commingling heart of Gaiyah.
Delaine gave Lucas and the little Chimchar a pat on the head. “Be good, both of ya. You little fiery pokemon. Lucas, I believe in you!”
And with that, she gave him a quick kis on the head, as if kissing a toy or a pet pokemon. Barry flinched and gave a surprised, “Ooh….” And Delaine just flashed him a sideways smile. She took Seth’s hand, and hurried off around the cliff after the king and their fire squad. The fire warriors were gone within a few seconds.
Kaira stood, alone with Barry, Dawn, Lucas, and Chimchar behind her.
“Huh!” Dawn huffed. “Well, I’ll be missing them. Now we’re out on our own. Who are we going to look up to now?”
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Kaira, of course,” he said simply.
Kaira raised her eyebrows and turned to meet his gaze.
“Chim-cha-ha!” Chimchar gave a leap of satisfaction and was gazing at Kaira with playful, determined eyes.
Dawn looked at her with an unreadable expression. Then she chuckled. “Well, of course, I should’ve known. It’s….it’s still kinda hard to believe you’re really Dovanna though…..no offense.” Her expression was calm and trying to look friendly.
Kaira blinked slowly and shrugged. “Well……it’s true…”
And Chibu flew from the sky, circling her with excitement and happiness. “Chi! Chi!”
Chibo appeared and hovered above Barry’s head, glowing with pride. Baby Dovanna came down and flew through all of them, avoiding Chimchar’s playful swat at the little bird as it shot passed him. Dawn giggled and Barry laughed.
“Kaira, this is what the prophecy means!” He said, looking at her with shining eyes. “You must lead the beings of earth to their destiny, and take control of the coming of Gaiyah.”
Kaira raised her eyebrows with hope. Chibu was smiling and Lucas was burning with determination by Dawn’s side. Baby Dovanna landed on her shoulder and cooed. Kaira looked at her friends with admiration in her eyes. They had come this far…..it might just possibly be that the friends she was looking at could be the earth beings of the elements of light, darkness, and fire.
“The elements of light, darkness, and fire,” murmured Kaira. “The three of you……you’re all….”
Suddenly, a flash shot between Kaira and the three of her friends. Chimchar and Lucas gave low cries of surprise and suddenly, baby Dovanna flew off her shoulder, hovering with a startled coo. Chibu was screaming, and Kaira widened her eyes at the pokemon it was battling behind her. the devil Chibu was holding it down, choking it and squeezing the life from its tiny body.
“Chibu!” She cried.
“No! Chibo!” Barry yelled after the little blue pokemon as it shot to the tree as it collided with its enemy look-alike, the devil Chibo.
Dawn gasped. “Oh no! the devil messengers of Ultramaur!”
And Kaira felt the presence of her own evil twin, Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart. She looked around with fear, though she couldn’t see her. she heard scary, faint echoes of evil laughter and giggling, and she heard the whispers of the spirits and Kyra herself.
Barry’s symbol on his forearm started to glow. “Ugh..no!”
“Barry!” Dawn gasped.
He looked back at her with a shocked look, and then collapsed to the ground, his eyeballs rolled back.
Dawn screamed and Kaira widened her eyes, turning to the left to meet the presence of who had encountered them. the devil Chiba was hovering in the distance, a few yards away, smiling deviously. To its left, was Paul, lying unconscious on the grassy ground with his head pressed to the earth. Behind him was Prima Dona.

Kaira stared at the meticulous glare on Prima Dona’s face. The scared feeling she had been feeling of Kyra’s presence had been totally forgotten as she stared at an even worse enemy—Prima Dona, and the devil messengers.
Chiba was snickering as it watched the devil Chibo and devil Chibu battle their duplicates. Chibu struggled helplessly on the ground, unable to escape its evil twin’s grasp. Chibo was pinned to a tree just a few feet to the side of Barry, Lucas, Chimchar, and Dawn as the blue devil pokemon hovered around it, spatting angry hisses at it.
“Well!” Prima Dona crossed her arms and grinned. “If it isn’t Kaira and her earthly human friends to the rescue.”
“What have you done to Paul?!” Kaira demanded, eying the unconscious body of Paul by Prima Dona’s feet.
“Yeah! And what happened to Barry?!” Dawn added, standing shocked by Barry, who was also lying unconscious on the ground.
“Hmph,” Prima Dona raised her eyebrows. “Have you figured the prophecy yet? Are you positive who all the three beings should be? Because I know I am!” She cast a shard of ice flying across the field, hitting a tree behind Kaira and turning the entire body to ice.
Lucas flinched and let out an angry cry of shock.
Kaira huffed. “Lucas is the fire. He has been blessed with its intriguing ability of firesight and to burn through the matter in the commingling of Gaiyah, while Dawn herself has become the light, blessed by the power to bring forth the light and summon the light of the angelic poekmon Dalyah. The last one is the element of darkness, the one that shall be blessed with the power to bring forth the power of darkness in the devil pokemon Ultramaur. Whoever is left shall be taken care of by the power of ice.”
“And do you know who this last person is?” Prima Dona demanded challengingly, raising her stern cold expression. She held a hand above Paul and struck him with a zapping blue light. His body gave a jolt and he rose to his feet, his head hanging down and his body looking weak and frail as he tried to hold himself up. Kaira heard a shocked gasp from Dawn at the sight of Paul in this state. Kaira bit her tongue, recalling the times she had spied them both together in Dawn’s realistic dreams. “
“The being of darkness,” hissed Prima Dona, “is either going to be the foolish dumbbell that had ventured into this world, fraternizing with my messenger Chiba—or that impudent man whore that betrayed me back at the Garden of Spirits!” Prima Dona aimed a piercing glare at Barry’s body, and Kaira thought that just a look in her eyes would be enough to strike a heart.
Kaira felt Chibu’s pain through the antagonizing devils. They were trying to send the messengers of Dalyah to the Black Hole….
“No….” Kaira held her breath as she cast Chibu a shocked glance. “You’re trying to stop the messengers of Dalyah…..and send them to the Black Hole of nothingness…just like you have done…with Chiba.”
Dawn turned to look at Kaira. “Chiba?!”
“Hah! Smart girl,” cackled Prima Dona. “Chiba was banished not too long ago, just a few days before you met your little heart-bonding football friend at your own dimension!”
Kaira tensed. So one of Dalyah’s messengers were already defeated. And now that the other two were so close to fulfilling their journey of finding the missing being of Dovanna, Kaira herself, Prima Dona was ready to stop them once and for all—to get rid of them like she had done with Chiba. “Oh, Chiba…” Kaira felt sadness overcome her all over again. She hadn’t even met the angelic messenger of Chiba.
“Chiiii!” Chibu was weakening and struggling less and less. If Kaira didn’t do something, both Chibu and Chibo would be gone—and Kaira would be left with the rest of her friends, alone with Prima Dona and the devil messengers. They would barely stand a chance.
“You let them go,” hissed Kaira through clenched teeth, feeling the power of the planet surge through her veins. “You let Chibu and Chibo go right now! Get out of our way!”
“Hah! Fine with me!” And Prima Dona snapped her long fingers, and the pokemon around them disappeared in a flash. Chibu, devil Chibu, Chibo, and devil Chibo were gone, and Kaira had no idea where they could be.
“You see?!” Prima Dona was screaming. “I can care less what happens to my allies—as long as what’s done is taken care of! The devils can suffer, as long as it means to harm the angelic messengers. And that boy will be no more good than dead!” Kaira felt her heart sink as Prima Dona pointed over to where Barry was still lying on his side, unconscious. Dawn gasped and Lucas growled, looking ready to leap at the ice witch.
“In the meantime….” Prima Dona put a hand on Paul’s shoulder, who looked asleep and dead as he stood by her side with his head hanging limply in front of him. “…this traitor…this traitor is someone who I feel is capable and ALMOST ready to pass on to the next step. He isn’t entirely convinced by the power of evil yet—but he is getting there….and I believe there’s something in this human that can be unstoppable and irreplaceable within his heart. It can be useful for me when I get back to my birthplace and summon Ultramaur.” And within a second, she rose to the sky, and her icy body disappeared into the gloomy sky, along with the devil Chiba and Paul’s body.
Kaira whipped her head over to look at Barry. He was gone.
“Barry!” Kaira and Dawn both cried at the same time. Kaira hurried up to Dawn and Lucas’s side and stared down at the spot where he had been lying.
Kaira’s eyes were shocked as she look up straight into Dawn’s eyes. They were portrayed with the same expression. “She’s taken Paul where he can feel nothing but darkness fill his heart—so he can become as evil as her. And Barry—he’s no use to her since he’s betrayed her. She’ll do nothing more than just kill him.”
“Where has she gone?!” Dawn was shocked. “I bet she’s gone back South where her birthplace was….back at the very peak where Ultramaur is said to be hidden in….”
“No,” Kaira answered quickly. “She hasn’t gone back. She’s moved on forwards….for there is a place where the evil can be provided…” Kaira was suddenly trying to remember….and read the spirits within the dimension as well. Finally, she closed her eyes, and opened them. “She’s gone to a city called Crestfall.”
Lucas’s tail burned intently. He seemed to be feeling the rage burn in her heart.
“Crestfall?” Dawn spoke calmly.
“It is a city of spirits…..a quiet, unholy place where lost souls roam as they please, and live in their state of fear, anger, confusion, and all kinds of lost feelings that have been long forgotten by souls from the other dimension. Crestfall City is known as the city of darkness, for the place never seems to be at rest. Spirits are alive and wandering more than you know, both visible and invisible.”
Dawn tilted her head and winced. “That doesn’t make much sense….is it like a graveyard of spirits coming to life or something?”
“In a way….it’s like having spirits able to become visible past the portal of the dimensions. The spirits that thrive in Crestfall City are in another place, not entirely of this world. But there has been a change in the portals so that they are almost visible, and halfway there to be able to touch the souls of this dimension, for something in the city of Crestfall is what draws lost souls to become slightly visible…..a lot like ghosts.”
Dawn shuddered. “Starting to remind me of the Old Chateau. I bet there’s a bunch of strange ghost pokemon there. Whatever Prima Dona could be doing to Paul….she wants us to follow him—I can feel it. She doesn’t just appear to spit in our face and take away what’s ours as easily as that. She must want us to follow her.”
Kaira raised her eyebrows. “Well, I guess she could have done that just for that sake.” Then she frowned. “But if she’s got Barry in her hands again, I know that the consequences will be even more terrible than before. We should follow them. I’ll….I’ll try to see if I can read Chibu…”
Dawn let out a small gasp. “She hasn’t sent them entirely to the Black Hole yet, has she?”
“I…don’t know, let me see,” and Kaira turned to look away from Dawn, closing her eyes and trying to communicate in her mind with the little pokemon. With her eyes close, she saw herself fly through portals of different colors, until she found herself floating into a space of pure blackness, where it was even darker than if she closed her eyes.
“Chibu? Are you there? Please help us….we need you…”
“Follow the path of darkness,” a voice murmured in her head.
Kaira suddenly shot her eyes open. The voice hadn’t been Chibu’s…but a more manly, soft voice that seemed inquisitively familiar. “Lan….” She breathed. She looked up to the gloomy sky, and far above, a small shine of light was peeking through, and she felt as if Phandolia’s mystic silver body could be galloping behind those clouds.
She turned to Dawn, Lucas, and Chimchar, who were gazing at her with hope in their eyes. “We must follow the path of darkness,” she said. “We have to find our way into Crestfall City, which shall still lead north, right where our path is supposed to lead. “
“The path of darkness?” Dawn repeated.
Kaira looked ahead, feeling the chilly breeze blow through her cheeks. “Follow me….I think I remember the way to Crestfall by heart.”
Above her, baby Dovanna suddenly appeared, landing on her shoulder. The little bird didn’t look right—for in a field of gloominess and uninviting pressures didn’t seem to suit the bright dove pokemon. But Kaira headed on, her friends following her side. She felt her mind fall through the aura within the world as she lead them along a strange path that would lead to the dark city.
Kaira and Dawn were looking down a cliff, gazing at the sight of Crestfall City below them. The sky was an even darker gray, and Kaira felt like the whole world would swallow them up. There were strangely shaped houses—or huts, rather. Kaira instantly remembered how the people of Crestfall City lived with a native, isolated culture that made them more connected to their city and able to tolerate the strange pokemon spirits around them. It looked like a large, desolate village terrain where shadows lurked over at the open spaces, filling the area with unexpected dread.
“Looks awfully lonely….” Said Dawn.
“We must pass through in disguise, or stay hidden in the small caves that cut through the city,” said Kaira carefully. “The natives here are unfriendly, and we don’t know how they would treat foreigners that enter their place with a strange aura from another area.”
“What about Prima Dona?”
“I bet her spirit can easily pass through here unnoticed. She’s not human, for her aura is just live matter, not a real soul like ours or the natives’,” Kaira looked around. “We can disguise ourselves as village girls in the arctic….and then I can try to keep an eye out for Prima Dona.”
“Douuuu,” Dovanna hovered off her shoulder.
“Baby Dovanna can keep watch and warn us. We can find them.”

Kaira and Dawn entered the quiet city with caution. They stuck to the sides where the cliff was shadowy, and they were constantly looking around for any signs of pokemon or spirits wandering around.
Kaira decided they had no time to disguise, and that they had to find Prima Dona as quickly as they could before it was too late.
Kaira had the urge to ask Dawn a question. She stopped and huffed out a breath of misty, chilly air.
“Do you see something?” Dawn asked from behind.
Kaira turned to meet her gaze. “Tell me something, Dawn.”
Dawn blinked, looking a little uncertain.
“What happened when you were lost in that coma with Lucas, Riley, and everyone else in the region of Lluyan?” Kaira spoke calmly and carefully. “How did you discover your true power of the element of light? What made you think you were really the being that would summon light?”
Dawn blinked again and then looked to her feet. “Um….well….I had a dream…”
Kaira raised her eyebrows. She knew exactly what Dawn had gone through, but she was just testing if she would really admit it herself. “A dream?”
“Okay, more than one dream. But I dreamt myself in a certain place….a place that I knew really existed, and that the time and space was really real….as if wherever I was in my dream, it was at a real place—with the real time and everything. It was….it was strange.” Dawn wasn’t meeting Kaira’s gaze, and she was looking troubled.
Kaira pressed on. “What sort of place did you dream yourself into?”
Dawn said nothing.
Kaira sighed. “I won’t be angry. I’m just curious. What is the real meaning of your power? How are you blessed and cursed by the element of light?”
“I dreamed my way to find Paul,” Dawn said finally.
Lucas, who had been listening carefully, suddenly pricked up his ears and gave a low growl. Chimchar didn’t seem to be paying attention as it scampered around from behind Lucas, playing with the small amounts of snow that barely lay here and there.
“I discovered some pretty strange things going on between him and Team Solar,” Dawn was speaking carefully. “I….I noticed how dedicated and transfixed he had been, as well as his relationship with that Dionza.”
“Dionza….” Kaira felt dread come from the name.
Dawn nodded. “She seemed to have been gaining power over Team Solar, and controlling their actions more often since Prima Dona had left them. And she’s got Paul madly in love with her. I could see it from the look in his eyes. He’s obsessed with Dionza, and she’s probably crazy for him. She’s trying to draw him closer and closer to the darkness of Team Solar—to make him one of them.”
Kaira nodded, listening carefully. When Dawn wasn’t saying any more, she realized she didn’t want to mention the parts when she and Paul had fraternized with each other behind the Solar grunts’ backs, and that Dawn seemed to have developed a more connecting bond with him, and had almost opened his eyes to saving him from Team Solar. Instead, Dawn said, “But Paul seemed to be changing…he almost looked uncertain and scared about being part of Team Solar.”
“What makes you say that?”
“Well….I could just feel it. I could feel the light in his heart starting to spark whenever he was…away from them. He still has feelings, you know. He does think deeply about the choices he has made…and I really do believe he could change and….even be on our side instead of working against us.”
Kaira said nothing and the baby Dovanna cooed, looking up to the horizon. There was a bell tower in the distance, and the time read 7:41. it was a murky, gloomy grayness around them, and for a moment, Kaira was reminded of the Town of Silence. She turned around. “We should keep going. There’s a beach around this corner, and I’m sure that could be the best place for Prima Dona to do what she wants.”
“The beach?” Dawn raised her eyebrows. “That clock tower looks kinda suspicious to me. This entire place is populated with ancient Indian structures….and then there’s that random bell tower just standing over there.”
Kaira glanced at the large grandfather clock. “Well….I sense something around this corner. I think we should take a look first.”
Dawn gave an unsure look but she followed Kaira with Lucas and Chimchar by her heels, and the baby Dovanna flying overhead them all.
Several times had Kaira tried to call back Chibu, but she couldn’t even get a hold of them. But Kaira felt that the messengers were probably not too far away from them. She had to take care of Prima Dona, and capture that devil Chiba, then she would know what had happened to her dear pokemon friend.
All around them, the huts seemed to loom with nasty carvings and totem poles of native cultures. The ground below them was a road, and even the strange structure of the ground looked like there was something hiding within them.
Suddenly, a bomb sounded from the other side of the huts to Kaira’s left. There was a howl from an Indian, and then the singing caterwauling of humans performing what sounded like a ritual.
Kaira and Dawn glanced at each other. “Do….do you have any idea what the people DO in a place like this?”
Kaira shook her head. “Let me see…..” she left Dawn and the others back by the narrowed cliff and headed towards the tall, wide hut that loomed in front of her. There was a statue of a strange, snakelike pokemon on each side before the entrance, looking like a cross between an Arbok and a Garchomp.
“Kaira!” Dawn hissed from behind, creeping up behind the right statue. “Be careful!”
Kaira nodded without glancing back, and stepped on forwards. The baby Dovanna followed along, hovering above her left shoulder, keeping a sharp, wide eye out for what awaited in front of them.
Kaira made her way up the stairs to the door, and slowly opened it. Surprisingly, the doorknob didn’t need to turn, and that it slightly creaked open with ease. Kaira pushed the door open and realized that there was no inside to this strange building at all. It lead to the behind of the house, where a group of natives gathered around a large fire that burned in front of a tall, straw pole where a body was tied to it. Kaira gasped and widened her eyes at the body pinned to the pole above the fire that everyone was dancing around. It was Paul, and he was gazing out in front of him, almost meeting her own eyes, looking dazed and more dead than alive.
Prima Dona was to the left of the fire, tall enough to have her head visible over the fire from behind. Her eyes were a menacing cold gaze, and Kaira could tell by the redness that blazed through them that she was trying to keep cool near the terrible fire. The devil Chiba was above the pole, and was glowing with bright red and its devious smile on its face.
The Indians were half naked and chanting something terrible as they danced around the fire.
Kaira looked around with shock. She kneeled down immediately, and then whispered to baby Dovanna. “They’re performing a ritual for Ultramaur! Prima Dona’s got them summoning the very pokemon’s spirit to come down and make a pact with Paul! And they’re using the devil Chiba to help call it! We’ve got to stop them! Prima Dona can become powerful enough to control the very devil pokemon once it arrives! She can officially banish the three messengers of Dalyah.”
“Douuu!” the baby Dovanna nodded with fear in its blue eyes.
Kaira knew what it was trying to tell her. The three messengers of Dalyah—Chiba, Chibu, and Chibo—were all trapped in the Black Hole of nothingness, though they were entirely confined to the darkness to officially become defeated. Because they were messengers of an angel, they were able to resist the power of darkness, unless they were drained out of their entire power of light by the devil Ultramaur itself. And this was what Prima Dona was planning. She wanted to call down Ultramaur and let it know what she had done—as well as help her with her desire to gain complete control, over the weakened, prone-to-darkness, Paul.
“We can stop them,” hissed Kaira. “Here’s what we do. You fly over the devil Chiba and defeat it in battle, while I take care of Prima Dona in a battle….sorceress to sorceress. We can save Paul, and find our way to get to Phandolia’s mountain if you or I can summon it. While she summons the pokemon of the devil, I can try and stop it, not using the pokemon of angels, Dalyah, but the pokemon of goodness, Phandolia. Let’s hope it can be enough to stop it and at least get through this. After that, Phandolia may even be able to take us to its own mountain, much quicker and easier.”
“Dou!”
Kaira gasped. “But wait!” She suddenly remembered, and looked around. “W-where could she have Barry…?”
But before Kaira could think about it, there was a scream from her right. Down below, someone was grabbing Dawn’s shoulders and putting a hand over her mouth, while Lucas was viciously trying to fight at the stranger, though he and Chimchar were both glaring challengingly at the pokemon that kept them from getting any closer to Dawn and its trainer. Kaira gasped. The pokemon was a Purugly, a treacherous, possessed-looking pokemon with a strange glint in its narrowed, devilish eyes. She glanced at the person more closely. It was a stocky, half naked man that seemed to be portraying the same looks upon his body as the dancing Indians.
“Hey, you! Ya think yyou can just stalk around without joining in? How ‘bout we throw you in the fire, just for the heck of giving Ultramaur a free sacrifice?”
“Hey!” Kaira yelled from the top of the stairs, ready to call out an attack from Dovanna.
But suddenly, the man looked up at Kaira, and she realized he had a patch on his left eye. His beard was scraggly and dirty-looking, and he reminded her more of a pirate than a bloodthirsty Indian.
“Douuuuu!”
Baby Dovanna’s call suddenly erupted from behind, loud and clear as a clock tower, and suddenly, light shined from behind Kaira. She turned to see that the little dove had flown up to Chiba, holding the surprised devil pokemon from getting any closer to it. The people below were in a state of shock and they started yelling up curses at what looked like the pokemon that was said to have been banished years ago.
Prima Dona was in a rage. “What?! Where did YOU come from?!” She whipped her head over, and in the bright beaming light that stopped the immense fire, Prima Dona easily caught Kaira’s gaze. “YOUUU!” She pointed a long, sharp finger towards Kaira.
Kaira was standing with a shocked look, and she turned to watch as baby Dovanna let out a nasty Wing Attack, blowing the devil Chiba towards the ice witch.
“Chiiii!” Chiba tumbled through the air and hit Prima Donaon the face, and the ice witch fell back, skidding away from Ghastleon, who had quietly been accompanying her side at her heels.
The baby Dovanna summoned a strange, twister-like wind and then cooed a harmonic song that suddenly made the fire dim down, until it went out. Paul, tied to the pole, blinked and suddenly seemed aware and shocked at what had been happening to him.
The natives were all in a state of shock and anger. They all started cursing at one another, and one curse shouted over the rest of them.
“Nooo! You haven’t one yet, Dalyah! This is noooo pokemon of Dovanna! Isn’t that right, Paul?!”
Kaira looked down at the voice of Dionza, who was shouting through the crowding midst of natives. Only now she realized they weren’t any different from people she had already met. They weren’t natives—they were Team Solar, dressed in almost nothing and tattooed over with ritual type of art on their bodies.
“Dovanna! Use the force of your love!” Called Kaira. “Call Phandolia! Tell him to rescue all of us from this state, and take us to the mountains of Zan-Quin!”
“Kaira!” Dawn screamed from behind, managing to speak as the pirate guy held her back. “Watch out!”
And Kaira barely ducked to miss the incoming dagger that was thrown at her face, striking the pole behind her and turning it to ice.
“GAHHH!” Prima Dona had gotten up, with devil Chiba lying on the ground, whimpering from whatever she had done to it. “STOP THAT GIRL! She’ll summon the likes of Phandolia, and then Dovanna! And then Dalyah—before you know it!”
And the crowd of Team Solar grunts below started rampaging up the stairs like an angry riot, holding up ice daggers and spears in their bare hands. They all looked so different as an angry mob of natives rather than the dark, secretive gang they always seemed to be.
Kaira gasped and immediately dashed towards her left, ready to jump down the entire line of stairs. But she ran as quickly as she can, for the pirate guy on the other side had thrown Dawn to the ground and escaped an angry swat from Lucas as he hurried up the stairs with the Purugly.
Kaira managed to swiftly dodge his grab and duck under his legs, running away and passed Dawn with a quick shout, “Dawn! Lucas! Save Paul while you still can!” And she looked away, hurrying forwards, escaping the angry mob that chased her from behind.
“I’m dead,” Kaira thought despairingly. Running wouldn’t do any good. She was running from Team Solar. From Prima Dona. They could catch up to her as quick as one could say “shoot.” She wondered if they had left Paul tied to the pole, and that if anyone had gone to chase after baby Dovanna.
But then as Kaira looked ahead of her, she caught sight of a small bird-like figure flying near the hand of the large grandfather clock just up the street. It was the baby Dovanna, and it seemed to be hovering there, just waiting for her to come. What was it doing by the clock tower? Kaira hurried on, not letting the crowd catch up to her.
Kaira didn’t need to climb up the clock to reach the pokemon. She felt its spirit literally lift her up and she was standing right at the edge, next to the roman numeral of six, staring into the eyes of the baby Dovanna.
“What happened?” She gasped, catching her breath. “Why have you left Paul? You must summon Phandolia as close to him as you can! He must take us all away from this place and hurry us up to its mountain!”
“Douu!”
“We can’t take anymore separations!” Kaira protested. “We must ALL get to the mountain without splitting up again! We must be together in the summoning of Gaiyah, and it must be as quickly as we can!”
“Douu!” Dovanna was flapping up and down, trying to get Kaira to look to her left.
Kaira rolled her eyes with desperation. “Oh, what is it now?!”
She turned to look to her left……and realized there was a body stuck to the minute hand that pointed to the roman numeral of twelve. It was a mere skeleton, tied to the hand just as Paul had been tied to the pole. Kaira gasped. She suddenly noticed a small sign written just above the six she stood next to.
“When time is up, the clock strikes death.” And as Kaira read the words, she felt a strange feeling surge thorugh her, and she suddenly understood this clock. It was the main site of Crestfall City, and it was in charge of the life that went on. The city was supposed to be as modern as it was at the certain time in this world, but every time the clock passed time on, the days would go by and things that happen would happen and be forgotten. Pretty soon, they would be far into the future than it was millions of years ago, and if this clock sped up and kept time going on like that, it would literally change the time in Crestfall City to become that future time. If the time on the clock was set back….the city of Crestfall would be back in its prehistoric form, where the previous lives had been lived during that time as before. Kaira suddenly realized why the place looked so native and uninhabited—the clock had been set back to a certain time back many years ago…..when the natives still used the strange fire ritual to summon their gods or ancestors.
“Douuu!” Dovanna was shaking its head. Kaira had looked at the wrong person. It pointed a small wing down to her left, and Kaira realized it wanted her to look at the hour hand instead.
It pointed to an eight, and there on the hour hand, lay Barry, motionless with his head limp.

“Wake up, Barry! Wake up!”
Kaira’s scream suddenly snapped Barry from his blank trance in his head. He flinched and shot his eyes open, finding himself attached to the hour hand of the large grandfather clock tower.
“Whoa, shoot!” Barry gasped with shock. He saw how high he was, seeing the entire view of Crestfall City and the gloomy clouds not too far above. His body was attached to the hour hand, tied upon in a rope with his hands at the back.
Kaira was at his left side, shaking him violently.
“Hey, I’m up! I’m up already!” Barry snapped, suddenly regaining his senses.
Kaira huffed. “Great, let’s get you untied now.” She started unwrapping the strands of rope at the back of the hand, freeing the tight grip.
Barry breathed a sigh of relief. “Whew, thanks…..that wrapped around my hands like an Ekans. The last thing I remember was looking at how red the mark on my forearm had become, and then seeing a bunch of blood and spinning dizziness in my head.”
Kaira grabbed his arm and observed the mark.
Barry raised his eyebrows, realizing how he had never told Kaira of the symbol on his arm. He remembered how he had tried constantly to keep the whole thing a secret since he had first gotten it.
Kaira threw his arm back at him and gave him an indignant look. “I should’ve known,” she spoke tersely. “I bet Prima Dona gave you that?”
Barry laughed nervously. “Who else would it be? But it hasn’t been affecting me the same…since Chibo heart bonded with me.”
“Well, Chibo’s gone,” huffed Kaira. “And so is Chibu.”
Barry gasped. “Chibu and Chibo?! They’re gone?”
Kaira nodded. “Prima Dona’s sent them to the black hole where they shall be confined to nothingness. But we can still save them—for they are angel spirits and can’t become confined to darkness as easily. They still have a chance to escape the black hole before they become nothingness, and we can save them. I’ve tried calling Phandolia through baby Dovanna back there where Paul was, so that it can take us to its mountain as soon as possible where both Phandolia and I can summon both our powers of love and goodness to bring back the messengers of Dalyah…..as well as Dalyah itself with the aid of the element of light…”
“Don’t you have to find your way to love first?” Barry questioned, giving her a concerned look. “I mean……you won’t just become Dovanna simply from just entering the mountain of Phandolia. You actually have to find a way to love the same way again, and that way you and Phandolia can work together to bring the spirit of goodness back, and summoning Dalyah again, with the help of the earth being of light.”
Kaira gave him a narrowed look. “Of course I’ve got to find my way to love again,” she snapped. “That’s why Dawn, Lucas, and I have come to rescue YOU and Paul first. I’ve already tried to call Phandolia down to stop Prima Dona from taking over Paul’s mind and making him become….one of them--”
“Hah! I bet Paul’s been one of them all along. He’s had it in his heart for a long time too, probably.”
Kaira crossed her arms. “We can still help him. I’ve got a feeling that Dawn, especially, can help him change.”
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Dawn?”
“She’s visited him a number of times in her dreams—for real. The light that she possesses works that way. She can break through the darkness of the portals of dreams, so that she can truly make them more lightened and less vivid, so that she is really stepping into a real world somewhere in her dream, no matter how far she dreams herself to be.”
Barry suddenly felt a strange feeling as he imagined Dawn shining through the vividness of his own dreams. He looked to the ground. “Oh…..well, what has she seen? Wait! How do you know what she’s seen in her dreams? I bet Dawn wouldn’t have even told you what she’s been through if it included seeing Paul that way.”
Kaira raised her eyebrows. “Oh, because I see everything.”
Barry winced and chuckled. “You think so?” But he realized she wasn’t just being sarcastic. He was suddenly aware of her feelings for him, and her urge to let him know how much she really felt about him. He looked back at her for a moment, and she was gazing at him with intent hazel green eyes. He realized how much he had missed her. He sighed. “You know what….I’m sorry.”
Kaira blinked. “Huh? Sorry?”
“I mean…..for getting us in this mess. I’m sorry I’ve never realized your true feelings for me back in Twinleaf Town and….and for never paying close attention when we got stuck in this crazy dimension hole.” He winced at the thought of how weird and complex this world was. “I just wish we could be home right now—back in Sinnoh, in the REAL world where we belong. I bet if I had taken more notice in your feelings….things probably would’ve turned out better.”
He met her eyes again, and Kaira was looking back at him with wonder. He was partially right. Maybe if she had felt more happier, and had learned to love back when she was still on earth, she probably could’ve become Dovanna already long ago, and had found her way into the fifth dimension without having to travel so far. She could’ve found her place in her heart, and in the world, just by simply learning to love back when she was on earth. Chibu wouldn’t have had to come and bring her to the planet of Gaiyah in a place where she would have to travel a long way to her real birthplace in Phandolia’s mountain—she could’ve found a way herself if only she had learned to love long ago.
Barry suddenly felt his knees grow weak, and he felt utterly ashamed. “I’m sorry….” This was mostly his fault.
“Oh…don’t blame it all on you,” Kaira muttered quietly, not meeting his gaze. “I….it was partly my fault too…..I was….I was jealous at the same time.”
“Jealous?”
“Of Dawn,” Kaira admitted sharply. “I was jealous of the way you and Dawn were always acting around each other….it brought my spirits down to ever think you and I could end of together.”
Barry raised his eyebrows and laughed. “Please! Me and Dawn?”
“Oh, come on! You know the two of you could become as close as an Espeon and an Umbreon would! You know it!”
Barry tensed, suddenly feeling strangely confused. He stared at Kaira with an unsure, slightly humored expression, and then suddenly, the platform they stood on shook.
“Whoa….” Barry looked down below, and then took a step to the left. The clock suddenly made a low, mourning chime, and he saw that it read 8:30. The sky was bright and gloomy as an uninviting morning. The dark grayness had cleared, and Barry saw a tiny streak of light in the distance to the north. Crestfall City didn’t look any more inviting than it had in the dark.
Kaira gasped and Barry turned with a look of dread as he realized Prima Dona had suddenly appeared behind him at the edge of the platform. She was glaring at him with sharp piercing eyes. Ghastleon was by her heels, hissing with an unfriendly rage of hatred, its thin strands behind its ears and shoulders flowing in the breeze.
Prima Dona etched a creepy smile on her face. “You think we forgot about you? I tied you there for a reason, earth boy!”
Barry took a step back. “What? So I can end up like the skeleton tied to the minute hand?!” He cast a terrified glance at the minute hand that had come down to point by the numeral six, where the skeleton was still tied and closer to their sides. Barry could tell by the strange bones that this skeleton was probably more than several hundred years old or so.
Prima Dona giggled. “Well…..something of the sort! You see, we were in the middle of a ritual, summoning the devil pokemon through the eyes of devil Chiba. We were hoping it would portray a dark shadow over Paul, from the fire and through the red glow of one of its messengers.”
“Oh?” Kaira took a step forward to Barry’s side. “What about the other devil messengers? Where were they?”
Prima Dona giggled. “Taking care of other matters! We’ve got more Team Solar grunts gathering around this place, thanks to you, my Barry.”
Barry widened his eyes. “W-what have I done?”
“Oh, you’ve done a lot during the times we were together! You gave me the inspiration to stay powerful, and never give up. My desire for darkness was getting stronger, and I found ways to find you when you escaped me to be with your friends. I was still able to catch a few glimpses, despite the ridiculous heart bond that nincompoop Chibo started with you! I could see you were all getting closer to the north, to the point where you couldn’t be turned back. Then I realized what was going on with Paul!”
Kaira huffed. “You won’t be getting a hold of him either. We’ll make sure of that.”
“Wasteful words, stupid girl!” Snapped Prima Dona with a scream. “Gahh! The members of Team Solar are searching for him right now! Meanwhile, the three messengers of Ultramaur are gathered at the Crestfall temple, where they are trying to perform a communication with Ultramaur. You see, I’m curious to see how my old creator is doing, and to see if I can speak with it pretty soon and help me with what I’m trying to do. Hopefully when I speak to the very pokemon itself, the messengers of Dalyah will be banished forever, and the hopes of ever finding Dalyah or restoring Dovanna’s love will be confined to nothingness, just like their very puny little bodies.”
“We still have Kaira’s hope!” Barry spoke determinedly. “If Kaira really is Dovanna herself…..then she can still find a way to love and become the very pokemon again! She can fight the darkness that takes over the messengers, and free them—as well as free the angel pokemon Dalyah for the coming of Gaiyah to begin! You and your devil pokemon can’t stop her!”
Prima Dona giggled. “Oh, really? Not even after I’ve encountered her dear little child of the foolish pokemon?”
“What are you talking about?!” Kaira shouted.
Prima Dona kept her wicked smile on her face and she held up a bird cage in her left hand. Both Kaira and Barry felt their hearts drop as they saw the pokemon that lay dead in the cage, hanging upsidedown like a bat from the perch that lined near the top of the cage. It was the baby Dovanna, hanging from the perch with its beautiful pure white feathers plastered in bright red blood, its eyes open and dazed, lifeless.
Ghastleon was hissing and staring up with hunger at it, growling intently.
“No! Dovanna…..” Kaira suddenly sounded hoarse and distant.
“y-you killed it…?” Barry couldn’t believe what he was seeing.
“Dovanna…..” Kaira murmured, looking heartbroken.
Prima Dona kept her evil smile. “Not a smart thing to have let your pet bird out of your sight like that, wasn’t it, my dear? I would love to let my Ghastleon or Archeops eat it, but I wouldn’t want the risk of its love-containing spirit to take over their’s.” Prima Dona sighed. “So…..” She arched her arms over to her right side, holding the cage over the edge of the tower, and let it drop before anyone could let out a gasp. The cage of the baby Dovanna fell from the tower, disappearing into the faraway midst down below. Barry couldn’t watch it. He felt dizzy and shocked at one glance.
“Dovanna!” Kaira hurried to the edge, looked down, and then stood upright, looking calm and focused. She closed her eyes and put a hand on her heart. “Please….”
Prima Dona was cackling. “There’s nothing you could do! I’d like to see YOU fall after its death! You’re the real problem Dovanna in this world!”
But Kaira took a step forward—and dropped her body over the edge, falling down with a straight position.
“AHHH! KAIRA!” Yelled Barry, holding out an arm, his heart leaping out of his chest.
Prima Dona and Ghastleon both gasped. “Well! That’s a surprise! I’ll help you cushion your fall.” Prima Dona raised her hand, and a long spiked ice spear formed from the fingers of her nails, ready to be thrown after Kaira.
“Noooo!” Barry immediately leaped over to Prima Dona’s right shoulder, stopping her from throwing the ice spear.
“Aghhh!” Prima Dona sputtered in confusion as she was easily knocked to the ground on her side like a weak tree. Her Ghastleon reacted to Barry attack like a guard dog, immediately leaping at his head and rolling over to the edge of the platform with him.
Prima Dona shot up angrily. “YOUUUU FOOL! I WILL DESTROY THE SOUL OUTTA YOU!”
And Barry felt the sharp stab of ice behind his back, scaring Ghastleon away as he felt his body thrusted towards the edge, and pretty soon, he felt himself falling through the air from the platform by the top of the grandfather clock.
“Wahhh! Heeeelp!” He was thrusting his arms everywhere, falling in a messy fashion compared to Kaira’s smooth, straight drop.
Luckily, he skidded down a hilly snow slope, eventually finding himself falling upon a steep hillside that was piled with snow. He crashed his back against a straw hut, and he felt dizzy and lost for a moment.
“Uh…..Kaira?!” He got to his feet, looking around with a hand on his head.
“Barry!” Kaira was suddenly at his side, holding the bird cage. “Come on! I’ve found the perfect place in this city. Let’s go before she finds us!”
He felt her grab his wrist before he could say another word.
As they ran through the strange quiet city, a tall figure suddenly bumped into both of them and Barry nearly stumbled backwards at the collision.
Barry winced and stood upright.“Ah! Hey watch where you’re--”
“Ahh! Lemme go!” Kaira’s scream interrupted him. she was struggling in the grip of the man in front of them—a tall, lanky guy that looked like in his early twenties, growing traces of a trimmed beard around his chin.
“Hey! Well, if it isn’t the dove girl! is that yer little birdie there?” His eyes were a nasty purplish color, and from the looks of him, Barry guessed he must be one of Team Solar’s pirate guys.
Kaira yanked her hands out of his grip. “Ugh! Get away from us, you--”
“Oh! I see! It’s dead, eh?” He bent over to peer at the cage.
Kaira bumped it right into his face and he staggered back, cursing.
“Ach! What’s yer problem, little girl?!”
“Get away,” Kaira hissed angrily.
The pirate raised his eyebrows. “Ooh, I do like ‘em feisty.”
“Yeah? why not pick one from your own little group?” Barry said teasingly, stepping forward and giving Kaira a slight push around the pirate. “Come on, we’lll be on our way.”
To his surprise, the pirate didn’t seem to make any snide comment about Barry himself. He just kept his devious-looking eyes focused on Kaira with a snide grin. His teeth were yellow, and his dirty blondish hair was extremely ruffled and messy. Definitely one of the pirates. Barry thought if he cleaned himself up a little more, he could actually be a handsome young guy, but apparently he wasn’t at the moment.
Kaira kept a narrowed look on her face as she walked away, and then turned.
As soon as he was out of sight, Barry huffed. “Whew! The heck was that all about? I bet he’s looking for Paul, or else he would’ve spent more time observing us!”
Kaira said nothing. She clutched baby Dovanna’s bird cage with her lips tightly puckered and her eyes still blazing with anger. barry decided to say nothing,
They were wandering through the strange quiet city until they caught up to what looked like an enclosed fountain garden.
Barry raised his eyebrows at the silver gates and dark green tree branches and leaves that grew all over. “You sure we’re allowed in there? Looks like private property to me.”
“Trust me…..I saw Phandolia leaping this way. He—I mean it—was helping me.”
Barry looked at her with a concerned gaze and chuckled. “What, is ‘he’ like your mysterious dream guide or something?”
Kaira didn’t answer as she walked up to the gate and started climbing over. “Obviously, it’s locked, but no one lives here so we can come in as we please. I’ll make sure Dawn and the others find their way here as well.”
Barry followed her over the gate. The climb was slippery and he had to be careful of the sharp branches. “Huh! I don’t see how this can keep us safer than any other place can.”
“There are psychic pokemon here,” Kaira turned to give him an intent look. “Psychic pokemon in the garden that can create some sort of illusion over this garden.”
“Illusion?”
“Yes, apparently no one can see this garden and everything about the gates in front, unless the psychic pokemon make it visible. Phandolia’s given them a sign that we need a place like this so…..here we’ve got it for now.”
“Ahh,” Barry nodded with understanding.
As soon as they got to the other side of the gate, Barry gazed around them with wonder. It almost reminded him of the Spirit Garden, but not any longer. The place looked empty and secretive. There were trails that were colored dark purple and lead over hills, disappearing as if to conceal the secret beyond. The fountain was a quiet trickling area of statues of Gardevoir, and just by standing around, Barry felt like there was something watching them.
“Whoa…..hey, what about your baby Dovanna?” Barry turned to give a raised, sorry look at the bloodied bird in the cage. The poor thing looked so lifeless there, hanging upside down with that dead expression. “Is it……is it really dead?”
Kaira sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. “I don’t know…..but Phandolia seemed to want me to come here for that reason as well. I…..I should take it to the fountain, I guess. It feels like the right place to let this rest.”
Barry blinked, but he didn’t try to stop her as she walked over to where the fountain was. He slowly kept behind her, alone in his thoughts and thinking about his earlier encounter with Prima Dona.
He had been fearing her return sooner or later…..and she had sworn to kill him. he was no use to her now. she was more intent on getting Paul traumatized. But she hadn’t forgotten about Barry. Whether he would be on her side or not, Barry knew she would still stop at nothing more than to kill him.

Lucas and Chimchar battled off the strange Gastrodon that blocked their path.
“Take this!” Chimchar punched out a furious hit at the neck of the Gastrodon, learning the new move of Mach Punch.
Lucas blew out a Flamethrower, and the strange Gastrodon cried out with pain and faded into the air.
Lucas stood there, panting. The way these pokemon of Team Solar reacted whenever they were battling, or when they were defeated, it was all still a little traumatizing to Lucas. He knew the Gastrodon had fainted, and that its strange body became pure dead matter—for a limited time. Lucas didn’t feel like thinking about it.
“Sheesh, I sure glad I’m no Solar pokemon,” Chimchar muttered. He looked up at Lucas triumphantly. “Did you see that awesome move of Mach Punch? I owned that Gastrodon!”
“Serves it right for losing our tracks,” replied Lucas tersely, looking around the strange city for Dawn. “Great! We’ve lost Dawn! Thanks to that pirate’s stupid Gastrodon that chased us all the way here…”
“Hey, look!” Chimchar pointed over to where a tall building loomed at their right. There were status of many exotic looking fire types everywhere, including epic features of Entei and Moltres posing at the bases here and there.
Lucas huffed, though he did feel hopeful. “If we don’t find any traces of Dawn, Kaira, Barry, or Dovanna, we’re leaving.”
He kept a close eye as Chimchar bounded around the statues, wagging his fiery tail playfully and pretending like he was in battle with some of the powerful looking fire types.
Lucas peered around. he could catch a glimpse of what looked like dark skinned people gathering in the inside of the building. They all looked like they were bowing down and in the middle of some ritual. A strange figure of a pokemon was standing all the way at the end, nd Lucas couldn’t make out what it exactly was, though he could see it was carrying a bowl of flames in its hands.
Lucas was trying not to get too inquisitive with his surroundings. He had to find Dawn, for he had left her by the altar that still had Paul on the pole. Whatever she may be doing now, Lucas hoped she was safe. He also had to find Kaira, who had been chased away by the angry mob of Team Solar back at the altar. And wherever Barry was—he still had to figure that out as well.
Though he tried not to become too influenced by his surroundings, though he found it difficult to keep from staring at all the replicas. Some of the pokemon were pretty amazing—he stopped to even stare up at a tall figure of a feminine looking Infernape, posing with a foot lifted slightly above the ground and its arms arching towards the sky, one aiming diagonally upwards, the other straight back pass its thigh. Infernape admired the sight, feeling dazed for a moment. He could hear the strange chanting from the inside of the building as he stared, lost in his thoughts.
Suddenly, there was a rustle in the bushes. he looked to the side and saw that something fiery and glowing was emerging. He raised his eyebrows and then felt his heart throb at the sight of a beautiful Rapidash that shook itself out from the hidden plants, its flaming body burning off the flowers that stuck around it. it was like it revealed itself for a triumphant impression.
Lucas made a low cry under his throat, feeling his tail burn wildly. The Rapidash turned its finely shaped head and eyed Lucas from the corner of its green, glowing gaze. Lucas felt immediately attracted. The Rapidash turned its back on him, facing its end towards him from the sitance, revealing a red-orange heart shape that seemed to be tattooed above its fiery tail. Lucas let out a happy shout as it swished its bushy tail, making the tattooed heart glow with pride. He found himself following the Rapidash into the garden behind the building.
Lucas was hardly paying attention until he suddenly stumbled over a vine that tangled its way out of the ground, instantly tumbling his way into a deep hole in the ground.
“Wahh!” Lucas cried with surprise, hitting his head at the bottom of the hole. He looked up, realizing he had fallen almost ten feet or so.
The Rapidash suddenly peeked over the hole with an evil glint in its eyes. it snickered deviously and then suddenly turned a pale, melting color that suddenly froze up into a bluish white figure that suddenly revealed itself—as Prima Dona.
“Hah! Foooool! That was absolutely DISGUSTING and I hope I’ll never have to do that with a fire pokemon again! But! I bet I had YOU in a dreamy surprise for a while.” She suddenly banged her spear to the ground and then disappeared. Lucas stared up, confused, and then suddenly, he heard rumbling footsteps coming over. three Solar grunts and two pirate guys peeked over the ground and eyed Lucas with intent.
“Urr…..this must be the being from earth Prima Dona was after, ain’t it?” Said one of the pirates.
A Solar grunt threw down a rope and caught Lucas around the neck. lucas flinched, still dazed and confused, not knowing what to do as he stared up with shock. What had happened to the beautiful Rapidash that had made the first few moments of admiration in his life? That pokemon…..was HOT.
The grunts peered down at Lucas with wicked looks in their eyes. “Well, don’t be wasting time! Pull it up! mighty good this one would do as a first sacrifice to the pokemon Ultramaur itself.”


Paul blinked open his eyes, hearing the first few calls of Wingull. He felt himself resting upon sand, feeling a wet cloth over his head.
He heard a gasp. “Are you awake?” It was Dawn’s voice.
“Um…” Paul murmured nauseously and slowly rose up. he was sitting by a rocky area near the ocean waves, where the sky seemed to gazedown upon him with an unpromising weather. His head was still spinning. The last thing he had seen were the terrible images of pokemon—all powerful and all beyond his control, all much too strong for even a trainer like him to ever handle. Then he was filled with the feelings of ambition and dread, and even almost witness the very devil pokemon himself. He suddenly remembered what had just happened to him now. he had been tied to a pole, just a mere two feet above fire, as the evil gang of Team mSolar and Prima Dona were chanting a strange sacrifice to summon the devil pokemon Ultramaur. He wouldve been granted the pact with Ultramaur himself—and he would’ve entered a strange darkness, one that would be literal and never escape his heart again. he had been so close to becoming one of….he evil.
He blinked his eyes slowly, meeting Dawn’s bright blue gaze. Her face was a worried shock, and she looked as bright and beautiful to him as she had ever looked. “Y-you saved me….”
“Oh, of course I did,” she replied, throwing her arms around him. he felt a strange warmth in her hug and he sat frozen in her grasp. “You were almost……they almost killed the real spirit inside of you. you almost became one of THEM—just mere bodies of darkness and matter, only portraying the image of a human.”
She let go of him, and he stared into her eyes. “I….I almost saw it. I almost saw Ultramaur itself. Prima Dona…..she was there and drawing mecloser to the image every time she entered my thoughts.”
“Ugh…Prima Dona…” Dawn winced, looking to the left, and then letting his gaze again. “Listen…the rest of Team Solar are gone for now. kaira—she interrupted them and tried to disturb their ceremony by summoning her baby Dovanna, trying to call out Phandolia. They chased her, and I was left to help you myself. everyone was after her—for she had been so close as to even summon the pokemon of goodness during such a ritual too.”
Paul raised his eyebrows. “Kaira…” He knew her secret.
“You’ll never guess who she is,” said Dawn intently.
“I know….” Paul was nodding. “She’s Dovanna, isn’t she? The pokemon of love….she is the one to influence the three beings of earth and control them to bring back Gaiyah together, isn’t she?”
Dawn gasped. “How did you know?”
An image flashed through Paul’s head. It was the image of Kaira, though he knew it wasn’t exactly Kaira herself, but another person that looked exactly like her. he rose up to his feet and looked down on her. “Come on. I can explain everything.”
Paul walkedalong the beach with Dawn, telling her everything he had been through with Team Solar, and about what he had seen of Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart. He told her everything he had learned of this mysterious city of Crestfall, and even explained it was a mere city of time itself.
Paul stopped and pointed to the large grandfather clock tower in the distance, far ahead from them. “See that clock tower? That’s what keeps this city controlled and alive. Set the time on that clock to an hour ahead from now, and the day will become an hour ahead. Set it to twenty four hours before, then time in this city will flash back to twenty four hours before—they very day yesterday. That clock is as powerful as that, simply to change the time and happenings in this very place.”
Dawn stared in wonder at the clock. “So it’s no wonder this place looks so primitive. I bet it’s been set back to thousands of years before…”
“The reason why Prima Dona picked this place to do that strange ritual, I guess it’s because bcack then, that’s what the natives of this city used to do to make a call for the devil pokemon. She wanted it to work on me.”
Dawn sighed. “I feel terrible for the people and pokemon who live here. their lives can end or start over just like that, all because of one stupid clock tower.”
“Well….I think Dionza’s told me about how there’s supposedly a strange garden that can’t be seen, a garden where mysterious psychic pokemon have lived, undisturbed and unidentified. The pokemon there are the only ones who have gone on with their lives, and that garden is the only place in the city to withstand the strange flashings of time. They can keep going on, while the rest of the place around them is under control of the clock tower, constantly able to go backwards or forwards. The pokemon of the garden are invisible though, and we couldn’t find their place if we tried. They are as complex to keep themselves from being discovered, most importantly, from being discovered by the power of the clock tower to end up like the city around them.”
Dawn winced. “That sounds a little odd.”
“It’s very odd,” said Paul, eying the clock tower in the distance. “I can only imagine what Prima Dona could do to this place. Obviously, hse is able to control that clock tower….”
“Hey, Paul?”
Paul looked at her. “Yeah?”
“Look….isn’t that a Gardevoir?” Dawn’s voice was curious, and she was pointing to a strange figure that hovered above them in the distance.
Paul peered forward, and then raised his eyebrows. it was a Gardevoir, a few meters in front of them it was hovering with its hands clasped together under its chin, its eyes calm and soft as the morning breeze. It seemed to be staring right at Paul, and he could feel its intent gaze touching his heart. It suddenly hovered to the left, disappearing behind the trees.
Paul felt the strange urge to follow it. letting go of Dawn’s hand, he took a step forward.
Dawn was looking at him curiously. “Paul? What are you doing? Are you sure we should follow it?”
But Paul could barely hear her. there seemed to be a light in this Gardevoir that was warming him up, a light that was almost similar to the light he saw in Dawn. Mesmerized, he followed the Gardevoir into the woods.


Lucas suddenly found himself struggling in ropes, trying to yank himself from the grasp like a dog caught by ten different leashes. Team Solar were surrounding him.
“Hey, this is a feisty one! Not to mention what it would be like if it were its normal human form!” Laughed one of the grunts.
Suddenly, Lucas heard a cry from behind. Chimchar suddenly appeared out of nowhere, leaping onto the neck of one of the Solar pirates.
“Chimchar!” Shouted Lucas. He tried to burn with more intensity, trying to burn of the ropes that wrapped around his neck. but it was surprisingly hopeless.
Chimchar tried to scratch at the pirate, but it wasn’t long before the pirate had a grip on the pokemon. But Chimcahr was fast, and he managed to run off, distracting the pirate into chasing after him with anger.
“Hey! Trevor, get back here, idiot!” One of the grunts called after him.
Lucas struggled with hopelessness. The grunts were already starting to yank him towards what looked like a pirate ship by the shore. And on the ship, were numbers of leashed pokemon trapped on board.

Kaira sat by the fountain with a halfhearted look on her face. the strange garden of the psychic pokemon was intriguing her deeply. Already she and Barry had befriended some of the psychics, and surprisingly enough, they were pokemon that were able to communicate with them like humans. Apparently, they were ancient pokemon that have developed strange telepathic ways I, and living through Crestfall City, unaffected by the changes of time in the city.
One of the psychics, a curious young Ralts, had ventured up to Kaira’s baby Dovanna, looking sorry for it. Its mother, a tall, humble Gardevoir had spoken to her and told her how the baby Dovanna was still alive, though it needed time to heal by the Platinum Fountain.
Baby Dovanna was still by her side. Supposedly, the fountain would heal the pokemon’s body and then it would ned nothing more than just rest to fully recover.
“It will take a few days,” the Gardevoir had told her. “The fountain contains a magical potion that can restore health, just as in the way a sacred ash can do, except this one is more involved with the element of water. Once it comes in contact with the body, its cool, healing temperatures can cleanse any wound or infection. Afterwards, the body must stay in its resting mode, for its entire system has paused its breathing rates to survive under the water for proper treatment. It must take about three days for it to sleep out of the water and fully recover before it awakens.”
Kaira had still been unsure about letting the little pokemon into the water. She couldn’t exactly trust the Gardevois either, as innocent and kind as it seemed. She had been tricked and lied to by so many people, pokemon and spirits lately, that she didn’t know what to think.
“Oh, Chibu….” She murmured out loud, staring at her clear reflection in the smooth, silver-bluish water. “I wish you were here. I need your help.” With the little pokemon gone in the black hole, or anywhere close to the deadly region, she could come in no contact whatsoever with her dear friend. She looked up to the gloomy sky, feeling cut off from even Phandolia, who roamed somewhere in those thick, hiding clouds.
Barry suddenly approached her side. “Hey, has Gardevoir returned yet?” The pokemon had gone off to help search for Dawn, Lucas, and Chimchar. Just like the garden and all the pokemon that roamed in it, Gardevoir was able to become invisible and transparently roam through the town unseen.
Kaira turned to meet his gaze. His eyes looked dazed, as if he had been studying deeply about something. This garden was very calming and mysterious, and she could see it was even intriguing Barry. “No….I havent seen it yet.”
“You ought to let Dovanna in the fountain, you know,” said Barry carefully, coming up to her side and kneeling down to see the unmoving body in the cage.
Kaira sighed. “Oh….I know I should. I was just….I was just thinking about what would’ve happened if I never found this pokemon. I probably would’ve never met Phandolia, for it was because of this little dove that attracted Phandolia closer to the planet, almost hoping it was the real Dovanna it was looking for. It eventually let Phandolia to meet me, and then that’s how it realized that I was really the real Dovanna—though he couldn’t have sensed it as easily since my love had changed so drastically…”
“Dawn was the one to have found it first.” Said Barry with a hopeful smile. “Remember—she was the one to have been so serious about taking it along with us, while the rest of us wanted to leave it behind in the hopes of someone else finding it. if THAT were to happen, the little Dovanna would’ve ended up in the wrong hands by who knows who!”
Kaira blinked and looked sadly at the baby Dovanna. “Right….I was just also thinking of how my life would’ve been like really, if I were really Kaira Elizabeth Flockheart, and not Dovanna. I remember how everyone used to believe I had the disorder of selective mutism….”
Barry started laughing. “Oh, yeah! at the beginning of the year when you first moved in! haha, I’m sorry, but I found it funny that anyone would think you would have selective mutism.”
Kaira winced. “Why? I was so quiet and unwilling to let anyone talk to me….I even believed I could’ve had something like selective mutism once.”
Barry chuckled. “I could tell that there was something about you that was outgoing and brightening. I really felt it every time I hung out with you.”
Kaira raised her eyebrows, feeling her heart lift. He was smiling calmly at her, he was trying to be polite. She realized he had seen how much he had missed form noticing how much she had really cared for him, and now he was trying to treat her with the same respect. Kaira stared at him with a blank expression, wondering if it could really be true—that Barry could ever love her the way she almost loved him?
“So…” Barry spoke, breaking her thoughts. “You okay there?”
Kaira blinked, realizing how stupid she must’ve looked staring at him like that. she looked away towards the top of the fountain, hiding her blushing face. “Um.”
“I say we let this bird in the birdbath,” said Barry, rising up and gazing down at the cage with concern. “It may not have a lot of time to just lie there, you know.”
Kaira huffed. “I guess. I just hope…everything will be alright.”
“Without Prima Dona, anything can be all right.”
Kaira narrowed her eyes. “Well……there are other things to worry about besides Prima Dona.” She thought of Ultramaur, as well as her own conflict of feelings for Barry. “She can’t overpower everything in the world.”
Barry chuckled. “I said Prima Dona can pretty much destroy ANYTHING, but not EVERYTHING.”
Kaira looked at him and then shook her head. “Whatever,” she opened the cage and slowly reached in, feeling her heart beat faster as she finally reached the pokemon’s small feathery body. she let out a small, quiet gasp. Baby Dovanna’s body was so cold and lifeless, she could’ve been positive that the little pokemon was truly dead, unable to come back to life.
But Barry bent slightly down, trying to peer in the cage. “You got it?”
Kaira slowly took the bird out, holding it in front of the door. “It’s…..it’s so cold.”
Barry put a hand over its little body. the little pokemon’s body was almost covered up by both Kaira and Barry’s hands as its head stuck out, looking clouded and dazed. Barry slowly brought her hand over to the water and the two of them carefully dropped the little bird into the fountain pool.
Kaira slowly blinked her eyes as she watched the little pokemon enter into the clear water, feeling the cool, refreshing touch of the pond around her hands. She felt both cooled by the water, and warmed by Barry’s hand resting over hers, covering the pokemon. Baby Dovanna was slowly releaed from their grip, and Kaira could see it sink down into the depths until it hit the shallow ground, resting quietly in the seabed. Strange purple bubbles floated around its body and popped, and Kaira raised her eyebrows as she saw baby Dovanna’s eyes suddenly blink twice—three times, and then finally close with its body going into sleeping mode under the water. It was no longer breathing….though it was not dead.
“It’s resting now…..” A deep male voice suddenly sounded behind.
Kaira flinched and turned to see that a Gallade was standing behind her, with a Grumpig at its side. The little Ralts was holding the Gallade’s hand with a curious look on its face.
“Whoa, where’d you come from?” Barry suddenly said.
Gallade blinked its sharp eyes. “Don’t fear for it. There’s no way souls from the outside world can come into this garden. The psychics of the garden have only kept it open for the beings of the prophecy—and not anyone else. we can see in your souls that you are the beings, and only you can come in with any contact to see the inhabitants. Baby Dovanna is safe from harm, and no one can ever bother it for the few days it is at rest.”
Kaira said nothing for a moment, and then slowly nodded. “Thank you.”
Barry stood upright. “Ha….so now we’ve just got to--”
Suddenly, there was a cry in the distance, and Kaira turned, narrowing her eyes over the strange purple hill in the distance just behind the fountain. “What was that?”
Grumping suddenly flinched and Gallade’s eyes glowed. “Gardevoir…”
“Daddy, is mama in trouble?” Ralts asked nervously.
Kaira looked at the pokemon. “What are you talking about? I heard something over there…”
“Gardevoir is on the other side of the city,” said Gallade urgently, his pointed sword-like arm lashing out in front of him. “I can feel her…..she is in trouble.”
Barry turned to glance behind him, and faced forward with a wince. “Um…I was pretty sure I heard her cry back there, over that hill.”
The Gurmpig cleared its throat. “You shouldn’t listen to what you hear on the outside. Sounds can come anywhere, but the sounds of psychics can trick you into being heard anywhere. Gardevoir is by the beach, and she has encountered…..what feels like the souls of who are also par tof the prophecy.” The Grumpig was closing its eyes and frowning, listening intently.
Kaira narrowed her eyes, but then she let herself feel the world around her as well. Pretty soon, she let out a gasp and realized what they meant. “Dawn and Paul!” she turned to Barry. “Gardevoir’s found Dawn and Paul! We must save them!”
“You said it was in trouble?” Barry turned to Gallade. “Lemme guess! Paul’s used some sort of magic or sorcery to hurt it, right?”
Gallade was shaking its head, clutching onto Ralts with a narrowed look. “No….the soul affecting its heart is one that I can’t read.”
“Gallade…I can go find it,” said Kaira, getting up from the bench around the fountain. “I can feel for its aura….and I can help it. if any pokemon is to be harmed, especially a pokemon from the psychics garden, I will not tolerate the reason for it.”
Barry gasped. “You sure you can actually find it? You may be from this world, but you’re no psychic!”
Kaira gave him an indignant look. “They just told me Gardevoir was at the beach. I think I can look around for it pretty easily there—especially if Team Solar’s gotten it.”
“Great—I’ll come with you!”
“No…..Barry, please stay here,” Kaira spoke calmly. She gazed at him with intent. “I….I need you to look over Dovanna. Please make sure it’s safe. I just need to feel comfortable into having someone keep an eye on it.”
Barry looked ready to object and start another one of his headstrong arguments, but then he sighed. “Fine. Be careful, though.”
“Yes…there is nothing more we can do to thank you,” said Gallade warmly. “If there’s anything that happens to you, I’ll promise we’ll be there ourselves to help you.”
Kaira was immediately on her way, leaving the psychics garden and heading back through the city, towards the beach. She glanced back, the silver gates seeming to fade away by the second. She just hoped if she looked at it the next time, they would fade back. When she turned away, she didn’t bother looking back again, fearing that they would actually be completely gone and out of sight.
She wandered through the city, feeling like she was being watched. This city was like a ghost town, though at the same time, it felt like it was so full of live spirits watching her from all around.
Kaira was almost at the beach. She could hear its flowing waters in the distance just over the steep road uphill.
Suddenly, she stopped in her tracks before climbing up the hill, wincing around her. she felt a strange psychic power of a pokemon—of a Gardevoir—wandering around her. she could feel its presence like Phandolia breathing on her neck.
A saddened moan suddenly came from behind, and Kaira turned with shock to see that Gardevoirs body had suddenly lowered to the ground and lying down on its side, wheezing and groaning with pain. a strange purple liquid seemd to be oozing from its neck, and as it hit the ground, it turned an icy blue color.
A figure stepped right behind it, making it all look clear. It was Prima Dona, staring at Kaira with a cold hard smile on her thin face.
Kaira narrowed her eyes. “You…..what HAVE you done?”
Prima Dona chuckled. “I’m sorry. But one certainly can’t control themselves when it comes to hunger, osn’t that true?”
Ghastleon suddenly appeared out of mowhere right at Kaira’s side, and she flinched to the left from its sudden presence. Ghastleon hissed back at her and then leaped over to Gardevoir’s other side, sniffing curiously at the dying body. Gardevoir wwas heaving and fighting its life.
Prima Dona grinned at Kaira, revealing a dark purple glistening color on her top teeth, exactly the same purple as the one that leaked from Gardevoir’s neck.
Kaira gasped with shock. “You….BIT it?”
“Oh, come on! Even a soul made out of matter has to feed on something! And it won’t just be filthy human bodies all the time!” Prima Dona snapped, and Kaira took a step back with horror and disgust. She looked at Prima Dona as a more vile type of witch, with a new feeling welling up inside of her.
Kaira’s fists clenched and she felt the spirit stir inside of her. “You let Gardevoir go! How were you able to have found it?!”
“Hmm-hm!” Prima Dona giggled simultaneously. “You think I’m as blind as a Zubat? I can SEE through anything! This poor pokemon wandered from the safety of its little invisible garden, and so it serves it right! There are predators in the outside world, and this Gardevoir has to pay for what it tried to do with your little friend back there.”
“Dawn and Paul! What have you done with them?!” Kaira demanded, stepping forward. “You’ve hurt them, haven’t you?!” She could see Prima Dona’s pale fingers covered in blood—red blood this time.
“Oh puh-lease! Don’t get all hussy on me! There’s nothing you can do! you’re just a poor, helpless little girl who couldn’t love anymore! Hah! But in your case, that’s what makes you weak!” Prima Dona was suddenly walking up to Kaira in a modeling manner, strutting up to her with a sassy look on her face. “See, just like you, I am unable to love the same way the pokemon Dovanna can love. I am nothing but darkness and ice—made from dark matter itself, a real unholy creation of the devil pokemon Ultramaur. To have me ‘falling’ in love is just like having a Pikachu learn the move Roar of Time. It’s just totally impossible and unable to happen. But that’s just what makes me stronger on the hateful side! Without a way to love anything, I have fed on darkness, concealing the coldness in my heart to make my hatred and desire for power grow stronger with force and evilness. YOU, on the other hand, have lost your way to love, and therefore have become as weak as a Magikarp, delicate and sensitive to the littlest emotions, and unable to grow stronger from any other feelings. You are nothing but a WEAKLING.” Prima Dona was smiling coldly down at her, and Kaira could feel herself freezing just under the wicked gaze of Prima Dona.
Kaira felt utterly defeated by such words, but she refused to be intimidated. She frowned up at the evil witch. “Say what you want. But I CAN grow strong again, for instead of feeding on the hate and anger like you have, I can find a better way. I can find a way to learn to love again, and restore my good feelings to help me have faith and become strong again. love is always stronger than hate, and I’m sorry to see that a soul like you is just not capable of ever figuring that out.”
Prima Dona’s blue eyes flashed into a red color of anger. “Hmph! Such wasteful words! Well! If oyu wanna have it that way….” Prima Dona lifted her spear and three small sapes appeared from the point, hovering to the side of her head. The three devil messengers of Ultramaur—Chiba, Chibu, and Chibo—were all together, all giving Kaira devilish glares. She had seen all of them at least once by now. Chiba, smiling its wicked smile, Chibu, narrowing its tiny eyes with venom, and Chibo, glaring at her with a straight frown.
If Kaira had Chibu or baby Dovanna by her side right now, she would’ve thrown them into battle instantly. But without friends or pokemon by her side, she was totally helpless. She glanced down at Gardevoir, who was still dying with its gasping breaths with Ghastleon snarling at its side.
“Gardevoir!” Kaira put all her hope and belief into the pokemon. “Save yourself! Please!”
And surprisingly enough, the Gardevoir’s breathing calmed at Kaira’s desperate, hoping feelings, and it slowly faded away into the air. Kaira hoped that hadn’t been the end of it.
Prima Dona whipped her head to face down where it had been. “What?!” She glared at her Ghastleon. “Find it, you fleabag!”
Ghastleon hissed with hatred up at her, and then disappeared with obedience. Kaira stared, her eyes with a look of horror.
“Now!” Prima Dona was glaring at Kaira. “Please take care of this useless girl interrupting my little task right now.”
And the three devil messengers heaved in together, and a dark blow of light suddenly flung against Kaira, and she felt herself thrown over the steep hill, and rolled down on the other side, bumping into the heels behind a fiery Stoutland.
The pokemon turned to growl and sniff noisily at Kaira and she flinched, rising up to her feet and brushing herself, wincing at what had just happened. Prima Dona was probably after the Gardevoir—willing to follow it back to its secret garden somehow. She had it weakened, and with a taste of its blood—its purple, psychic-oozing blood—she could only imagine how much Prima Dona could use that as a source to track down the rest of the invisible garden since she had been able to reveal the presence of Gardevoir itself. Barry! Barry was still there—and her baby Dovanna as well! Prima Dona could NOT harm the little pokemon she had already almost killed—or Barry especially.
The Stoutland was growling like a mangy old pokemon, and Kaira was starting to back away. suddenly, something leaped onto her shoulders from behind, and Kaira screamed with terror.
“Chi-him!” Chimchar’s squealing cry suddenly calmed Kaira down. “Oh, Chimchar! It’s you!” She turned ot give the pokemon a wide-eyed surprised look. the little pokemon looed smoky and tired out, as if it had been running for hours.
The Stoutland started barking and burning up, looking ready to explode flames at Kaira.
“Hey!” A tall guy in the distance was running up to the Stoutland. But as he came up to its side, he turned to suddenly smile deviously at Kaira. “Ooh, well, well! If it isn’t the lil ol’ gal with the bird cage! Where’s yer little pet now, huh?”
Kaira looked up with a look of disgust. It was the same guy that she and Barry had run into earlier, the Team Solar pirate.
“Is it still alive?” His dark eyes were sarcastically glinting at her. his dirty blonde hair looked even more of a mess since the last time.
Kaira bit her lip and said nothing.
“Chim!” Chimchar was glaring at him, and lashed out a swat of hatred.
The guy pointed to the little pokemon on her shoulder. “Ey, is this your little misfit? He’s disrupted some of us just to chsase after him. dionza still wants to have it come along with us just ‘cause it’s strong by the side of the little earthlings.”
“Chimchar is ours,” snapped Kaira, putting a hand on her shoulder to grab Chimchar’s hand. “No one can ever take charge of it.”
“Trevor!” Dionza was suddenly at his side with her Lepardus at her side. The tall, prim cat pokemon was hissing intently at Chimchar. Dionza suddenly met Kaira’s gaze and then smiled deviously. “Ooh, it’s the strange dove girl. mighty use we could do with YOU.”
Kaira stared up at her untrusting eyes. they were gleaming and devious as her Lepardus’s.
“No! you guys aren’t going to get away with anything before we leave this city!” Kaira spat, knowing she was sure to defeat this brutes before she and her friends continued on towards the north.
Trevor snickered, seeming to admire her. “I did say I like ‘em feisty,” he muttered.
“Oh, please don’t fret yet,” said Dionza calmly. “We’ve already find a fourth of your frinds with us, including that little Chimchar. It seems as if the both of them were both left unguarded and….a little out of place from their poke balls.”
“Lucas?!” Kaira suddenly felt a surge of anger. “Where’s Lucas?!” She peered over their shoulders and saw the group of Solar grunts by a large pirate ship, where she could hear many pokemon cries come from. Immediately pushing pass the two grunts, she charged towards the group with Chimchar clutching to her shoulder. “Lucas!!!” She called out, ignoring the irritated yell from Trevor.

Barry tensed as he wandered around the fountain, keeping a close eye near the place where baby Dovanna had been dropped. The place was giving him an anonymous feeling of strange luminosity, feeling as if something around him were watching him. It was as if being back in the Spirit Garden, though the feelings was creepier and luminous rather than happy and spirited.
Suddenly, there as a rustle in the bushe behind him, and Barry turned to see a creepy shadow slither out of the trees and he widened his eyes at he sight o the shadow. it was the mere shape of Barry's own body, lastered against the ground like a shadow.
the shadw slipped out the shadow of what looked like a dagger. Barry gasped. "Wh-what are you going to do with that? You're nothing buta mere spirit ofnothing!" He knew the Shadows were mischievous, but they couldnt harm the reall world.

Suddenly, the Shadow slithered its way across the ground, heading towards the gates. Barry gasped, racing after it, not wanting to let it get away with that dagger. He raced after the Shadow as it slithered its dark body through the dark alleys of the city.
Pretty soon, Barry found himself entering a strange bright city-like area. it was like vegas, and barry followed the shdow into a room, slithering its way upairs ntil he suddenly saw it disappear behind the outside bushes of the otdoor pool. He gased, noticing the figureof Dawn bythe pools edge.
"Dawn!"
dawn turnd around to meet his gaze. "Barry...o...I thought..."
"havent seen you in a hile since prima Dona separated us. Seems like such a short time after you recovered, she just HAD to show up and separate us again."
Dawn huffed. “Just her presence anytime is the wrong time. She always ruins everything just be existing—literally! She’s pure dark matter, and she’s done nothing but try to ruin things for us. Look what she’s done to your arm, and look at what she’s trying to do to Paul.”
Barry glanced at the mark on his forearm. “Luckily I haven’t been feeling anything from this wound yet….but I haven’t been hearing anything from Chibo, wherever Prima Dona must have sent it.”
Dawn looked away and sat down by the edge of the pool, letting her bare legs sink into the water up to her knees. She closed her eyes and sighed. “I’m just so tired of this journey…..I really want to go home. Don’t you miss our REAL world? I mean…. I know this planet is Earth in a way, though it is earth on the other side in the fifth dimension form, but it’s just not the same. If I found Twinleaf Town in its fifth dimension form, I would have never recognized it.”
Barry watched Dawn closely. She looked exhausted and ready to let her body slip into the pool. He sat down beside her, almost feeling the same way. Their journey had taken them a pretty good long way, across the strangest regions. “Well, if I were to predict the place we’re in right now in its first dimension form on earth, I would guess this place is that mysterious Lavender Town I heard of in Kanto. This place sure portrays ancient weird stuff, and quiet atmospheres. I wouldn’t be surprised.”
Dawn sighed again. “I bet we’re not even close to the region of Zan-Quin, where we must get to the top of Phandolia’s mountain. We still have to reach the other side of the Yonga mountains across this region.”
“Well…..we’re getting there. Trust me.” Barry put an arm around Dawn. “Man, if I ever wrote a book on this entire journey, I’d have a pretty dang good story to write.”
Dawn let her head rest on him. “Oh, and I’m soooo thankful Prima Dona has no access to enter our own world. Can you imagine what she would do? she’ll turn our planet into a place of running invisible spirits and dark demons running around. pokemon will be possessed!”
“Hehe, remember that she CAN send others to our world through her works of dark magic. She can mess with the portals, especially now that they are growing weak. She sent Kaira there, remember?”
Dawn’s gaze faltered as she recalled Kaira’s mysterious and shocking story. Barry himself felt a surge of grief sweep him at the thought of Kaira.
Barry pressed on. “She sent Kaira to the first dimension on the other side of this world….and the only reason why she hasn’t come to our world yet is because Kaira is HERE where she belongs, trying to fulfill the prophecy against what Prima Dona was hoping. She wants to get rid of her again, and this time, she’ll want to get rid of her forever. She’ll do more than just send her back to earth again…she’ll even do more than….kill her.”
Dawn nodded. “She’ll send her…to the Black Hole, where she can never come back. She….she won’t even come back to us in our dreams, memories, or anything…”
Barry bit his lip, looking ahead of him with scared eyes. “Once a soul enters the Black Hole, everything about them is forgotten—including memories of their loved ones to keep them alive. They will be dead everywhere—in minds, in memory, in the dimensions. That’s why…that’s why I slowly feel my hope for Chibo ebbing away….”
Dawn huddled closer to Barry. He suddenly realized how cold the air was around them. the pool was comfortably warm, though. He could feel its heat just by sitting near it.
“Oh…..we have to stop Prima Dona…..she’s going to use Paul as a source to help her capture Kaira…and summon the presence of Ultramaur. There will be more darkness than we can imagine. We….we have to stop it.”
Barry suddenly felt a chill run through him, and not just from the breeze. The night sky was dark and starless, and he realized how alone he really felt. With Dawn at his side, he felt as if he were almost comforted by the presence of her light…..though something still seemed to be missing. He couldn’t communicate with his heart-bonded pokemon, Chibo. The sky was missing the stars—and it just made him see how important and deadly the Black Hole really was. He looked over to Dawn, who had her eyes closed on his shoulder. He felt his heart warm at the sight of how comfortable she looked resting by his side. He felt the longing need to kiss her, but he knew this probably wasn’t the perfect time. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close.
Looking up to the sky, he could see nothing but darkness. Only the moonlight behind them shone on the pool, though just a mere sliver of whiteness. The sky seemed totally dark—dark as Paul’s heart….Barry thought. Just thinking about Paul and his relationship with Team Solar made Barry feel like Paul himself could be connected to Prima Dona much more than he expected. He already knew how close Paul had been with the devil Chiba, and that he was probably even closer to becoming more connected with the other devil pokemon as well. Whatever Prima Dona was planning on doing to him, Barry felt that it would be more serious than what Chiba had tried to convince him of before—and this time, his feelings may even become permanently dedicated to Prima Dona and Team Solar. Barry couldn’t let that happen—and neither would Dawn. Barry himself knew what it was like to fall for Prima Dona, but the way Paul was going to fall for her was different. While Barry had been dazzlingly in love with Prima Dona’s awe-inspiring beauty and power, Paul would be captured by the inner darkness of sorcery and desire to become the most powerful being in the world. Dawn had been with him, and she had told Barry and the others of how Paul had been inspired by the little devil pokemon Chiba, and how it convinced him to do anything to win its acceptance for him. And even though Paul had even stopped believing in that, Prima Dona was onto him now, and she was going to make sure he wasn’t going to get away.
Come to think of it, Barry thought, Dawn probably knew Paul for his inner self more than the rest of them. She was the one who had opened his heart to stop following Team Solar. She was the one who had even found her way to reaching him through the portal of dreams in the dimension, and shine her way through the darkness that separated her from him, as well as shining the darkness that was in his heart. Barry looked at Dawn with intent. From her slow, careful breathing, he could tell that she had fallen asleep by his side. She really was the earth being of light, just like she was prophesized. Lucas was fire, Dawn was light……and from the actions and inner aura of Paul, he was probably the darkness.
Barry gasped, and looked up ahead of him with a dreadful feeling. That meant……there was only one element, one more person to be cursed by the element of ice. Barry held his breath. “No….” he thought. It cannot be him. Perhaps Barry himself was the element of darkness, for he had been close to becoming consumed by the darkness in Prima Dona as well. But no…..he had pushed that curse away. he had joined his friends’ side, and he had sworn to stick with them just as he had hopefully been prophesized. He could not be the being that was unwanted in the dimension, waiting for his time to come to be gotten rid of by ice. He had done so much for his friends, and he would never do anything to make him become the unwanted one of the group.
He hadn’t done anything wrong, though he had been close to before. He had almost let himself become a slave for Prima Dona, but now, he had sworn to never let a thing like that happen again. but then Barry suddenly tensed. What if he had already done something to make him unwanted? What if he had done something to make the fifth dimension spirits reject his presence, and somehow make them want to get rid of him for something he had done in the past—something he couldn’t even recall?
Barry closed his eyes. “Chibo…” he spoke in his thoughts. “Please help me…..what HAVE I done? Have I done anything? Anything to make me unwanted? Anything that I shouldn’t have done?”
He waited for almost two minutes….and then a voice suddenly spoke in his head. But the voice was strange, and Barry couldn’t tell whether it was the small, squeaky voice of Chibo, or the harsh, edgy voice of Prima Dona. The voice sounded like a mixture of both—like a faded echo of a spirit inside.
“Remember Kaira…….” Was all the voice said.
Barry wouldve opened his eyes to wince and repeat the words out loud with confusion, but he kept his eyes shut and suddenly found himself falling through memories of his past, “remembering Kaira.”
His mind flashed to memories of what he and Kaira had been through together, and as he traveled through his memories, he felt a new feeling that he was probably in the very Garden of Spirits—the place where memories literally came to life, and dead spirits were kept alive in the minds of their loved ones. Or maybe he was somewhere in the region of Lluyan, Barry thought. As his mind raced through all what he had been through with Kaira, what he had talked to her about in Twinleaf Town, he felt like he was more alive with his memories, and that if he played them over again, he could literally feel his spirit alive with them again, reliving them.
But suddenly, all his constant flashings from one memory to the next slowed down as he ventured farther into the past. He suddenly recalled his moment a few days before Kaira had arrived, when it had just been him, Dawn, and Lucas as three good friends in Twinleaf.
Finally, his thoughts suddenly focused on the day he had been standing by Lake Verity, with Dawn and Lucas at his left. They were discussing what would have happened if Mesprit, the Being of Emotions, was captured and defeated in a pokemon battle.
“I bet I can beat it,” Barry was boasting. “I bet my Empoleon can defeat it with a single Aqua Jet, and then weaken it enough so that I can capture it in this awesome healing ball that I’ve got!”
Dawn was wincing at him, shaking her head with irritation, and Lucas was snickering. “Hah! I’d like to see you try.”
“Yeah? I swear I could!”
“You’d have to find Mesprit first,” said Dawn, crossing her arms and looking out at the lake. “I doubt you’ll even get close to even that.”
Barry narrowed his eyes playfully. “You owe me 100 million bucks if I really do capture it one day!”
And amazingly enough, that day didn’t come much longer. Just a few hours later, Barry was back at the lake, alone and with no pokemon but his Empoleon. He was bound to make his foolish bet come true. As Barry remembered the moment, he could almost feel as determined as he was back then.
“Alright, Empoleon! Come out here and be ready! We might just see Mesprit tonight,” Barry took out Empoleon’s pokeball from his pocket, ready to summon his powerful pokemon. But suddenly, a light shone over the lake, and a veil suddenly appeared just a few feet from Barry, hovering above the ground.
Barry stared with wonder at the shining veil, and suddenly the shape of Mesprit appeared in the light. The light still shone around Mesprit, and the pokemon revealed itself, letting Barry see it clearly from barely a yard’s length away.
“Mmmmmmmwwwwhhh…..” the pokemon was murmuring a strange tone. It was focusing its intent, dazzling eyes at Barry.
Barry stared back up at it, intrigued by the pokemon. This was Mesprit. This was the Being of Emotions—the pokemon that kept the inner feelings of the world balanced.
Anyone would think to hurt this pokemon would just disrupt the balance of emotions in the world, and somehow corrupt its ability to keep the spiritual feelings within the earth stable. Barry felt it too, but his eager will to catch such a pokemon was getting the best of him. he was itching to capture it, and control the balance of the world in his hands. He wouldn’t destroy it—but he would be capable of controlling it, and suddenly, his mind got the best of him.
“Wow…I’m gonna capture you,” he threw out his Empoleon with a determined look. “Empoleon! Use Aqua Jet!”
But foolishly enough, he threw out the wrong ball at the Mesprit. Instead of Empoleon’s pokeball, he threw out the ball he was planning to use to capture Mesprit with. He suddenly realized that in the split of a second.
“Huh?! No! not the heal ball! Not yet!” He cried, watching as the ball suddenly collided with Mesprit, and the pokemon closed its eyes to let itself disappear inside. And that was when Barry realized he had failed even worse. It wasn’t even his heal ball. He had accidently brought along the gift Paul had given to him earlier—a dark ball.
“Nooo! Are you kidding me?!” Barry felt like ripping his hair off. He watched helplessly as the dark ball took in all the light from Mesprit, and the ball wriggled intensively with Mesprit inside, struggling to get free. “Oh no….you must come out,” muttered Barry. “You can’t stay in that dark ball!” Barry had heard of the possible myths people made up that a dark ball would supposedly make a pokemon simply become dark and evil if it were caught in such a ball. Barry hadn’t fully believed in the rumor, but he didn’t want to take chances—especially right now.
Barry’s heart sank. The dark ball clicked. Mesprit was caught, just like that. no pokemon battle, no heal ball. The dark ball had the Being of Emotions captured with a single toss. Barry didn’t feel proud, nor did he feel despaired. He felt shocked, and he stood there for a long time, staring at the ball with awe.
Thoughts of Mesprit becoming an evil pokemon, was it even possible? Mesprit itself was the Being of Emotions….so it could control its own feelings and inner emotions of becoming…on the dark side.
Barry finally stepped forward, and bent down to pick up the dark ball. “Mesprit…..be free. You don’t deserve such a treatment.” Feeling ashamed and incredibly humiliated, Barry tossed the dark ball up in the air, and the pokemon Mesprit suddenly popped out, shaking its body from the dark light that glowed from inside. Its eyes were tightly closed and it was wriggling in the air, thrashing wildly and coughing, looking confused and weakened.
“Mesprit….” Barry felt like he was lost in a terrible nightmare. He could feel himself ready to yell with his past self as he felt the same feelings as he watched himself go through in this past moment.
The pokemon suddenly blinked its eyes opened, looking tired and clouded. Barry could tell by that soft, innocent look it still portrayed in its eyes that the pokemon hadn’t been taken over by the dark evil that was said to be possessed within the pokeball.
But suddenly Mesprit looked at him with an upset look of disappointment, and Barry took a nervous step back. The pokemon was probably angry with him. “I’m sorry….” his voice was barely more than a whisper.
Mesprit closed its eyes and struck an Extrasensory attack on the dark ball, extending its form until it broke and disappeared into ashes that dissolved in the air. Mesprit gave Barry one more angry look and then teleported, disappearing from his sight.
Barry suddenly shot his eyes open, finding himself back where he had been sitting by the pool, next to Dawn. The sky had turned a dark pale dawn, and it was almost morning. Barry still felt the images of that moment when he was out to capture Mesprit. He hadn’t seen any trace of the pokemon since that terrible moment.
He found himself panting. He never wanted to think about what he had done that night, messing with the Being of Emotions. But what did that have to do with the strange voice that spoke to him in his head? “Remember Kaira…” it told him. What did that have to do with Kaira? That had been a few weeks before Kaira had even moved in.
But suddenly images of Kaira flashed through his head. She loved him….and she was still waiting for his own true feelings for her. If he didn’t love her back….that would just make her feel all the pointless about herself, and her hopes of becoming Dovanna would falter tremendously. But Barry himself didn’t even know. Did he really love Kaira? Did he really feel for her whenever they were alone? He did feel giddy and strangely intent with her at the times they had been alone together, and he remembered the feelings he had had by Kaira’s side while they were both back in the Town of Silence,, fleeing Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart, who had also had a crazed love for him.
Barry didn’t know what to think….but suddenly, he felt Dawn stir at his side. He looked down at her with a saddened look. he wasn’t doing any good keeping close to her like this. He could only imagine what both Kyra or Kaira would think if either of them saw him so comfortable with Dawn like this. He still had his arms around her shoulders, and he still felt dazzlingly happy by her side. But feelings of uncertainty were overcoming him, and he felt as if those ashamed emotions he had felt when he had tried to catch Mesprit like that, suddenly come back to him as he thought of Kaira. He knew he loved Dawn—it was pretty obvious to his mind now. He and her had always been teasing and a little rude to each other, though he knew what he really felt for her now. but he wondered what he really felt for Kaira. He did know he saw her more than just a friend…..though at the same time, as strange as the feeling seemed, he didn’t know if he were entirely in love with her—yet. and at the same time, Barry thought of Dawn’s own feelings as well. Could she be more important to Paul? Had her light shined over him, and revealed how it was really Paul himself who was the element of darkness?

Several days passed and Lucas waited on with a tense feeling, sleeping in the dark chambers of the pirate ship. They had captured him and Chimchar, and they had been kept on board the ship with a number of other pokemon that crowded the boat. Lucas and Chimchar were constantly moving around, switching from one place on the ship to the next, as the Team Solar grunts arrived with more newly captured pokemon. And Prima Dona also took part in bringing the captured pokemon to the pirate ship. He had even seen the way Prima Dona had treated some of the pokemon she had captured. She was cruel and spiteful, though at the same time, she liked to tease and make fun of the pokemon that were scared of her. he witnessed her smiling nautically at a little Smoochum, squeezing its cheeks and speaking to it with sarcastic, taunting words.
“Ooh, my little Smoochum! You scared? Well, I’ll promise you that if you stick with ME, you’ll never learn what it’s like to be scared again! now why don’t you give me a weetle kissy-kiss?” Prima Dona lowered her head towards the Smoochum’s face and the terrified little pokemon twitched and gave her a peck on the nose which made her flinch back and cackle. “Ahah! Not good to see that your self-defense is too weak—but that’s okay! when you see Ultramaur, I’ll promise you that you’ll be stronger than all the other Smoochums in this filthy little world.” And Lucas watched her carry the Smoochum away down into the bottom deck of the ship.
One day, he finally saw a squad of Team Solar grunts returning. Lucas watched with disbelief as the other squad of Solar grunts arrived back with Paul by their side. He and Chimchar had been tied to the side of the deck upon the pirate ship, along with about three hundred pokemon or so. They were already going to be shipped away for a sacrifice on the island of Dark Raven, a spiritual place in the region of Thelmer. The region of Thelmer was told to be nothing more than a region of islands over the treacherous seas in the southeast, where pokemon and people lived upon different small landforms, and even the underwater kingdoms that thrived below the ocean.
Lucas shuddered at the thought that they were sacrifices to summon Ultramaur. The pirates of Team Solar were already volunteering to summon the very devil pokemon themselves, while the rest of Team Solar dealt with the dark spirits that walked among the lands of the planet. Prima Dona herself had sworn to be after the humans of the prophecy, especially Kaira. She was bound to call the aid of Ultramaur for her help, though in the meantime, she would use the simple way as to inherit the dark spirit within a specific person who contained the soul with the right spot for darkness and evil to overcome. That soul was Paul, and Prima Dona was going to use him as a powerful source to turn against all humans and pokemon of the prophecy, and destroy the pokemon Dovanna forever with the power of dark magic. If Paul could ever learn the power of dark magic, he could be as powerful as Prima Dona herself. Together, they can both destroy Dovanna and the earth beings together, especially since Paul himself was one of the three beings.
“So Paul is really one of the three?” Chimchar asked, looking scared as he focused his gaze on Paul as they hauled him up to Dionza, who was assembling the recently captured pokemon.
Lucas clenched his teeth, eying Paul with disbelief. “Apparently so. Prima Dona’s going to use him as a special source for Ultramaur. He will be taken to the island of Dark Raven where he will be used as a gift for Ultramaur. If he holds the darkness in his heart, and that darkness is to draw the likes of Ultramaur like prophesized, then she will use him to summon Ultramaur itself.”
“But…..why in the HECK would the prophecy want THAT to happen?!” Chimchar’s eyes were wide. “Why would the prophecy destine the being of darkness to summon Ultramaur?”
“Because there is the being of light,” said Lucas, thinking carefully. “Dawn’s the element of light that shall summon the angel pokemon Dalyah. On the other hand, Paul is the summoner of darkness—of the devil pokemon Ultramaur. Together, if they both bring the angel and devil pokemon to become one again, then Gaiyah shall be created again, and can restore peace to the planet of the fifth dimension.” And Lucas knew that he, himself, was the element of fire that would draw the two together. “Apparently, the element of light and darkness couldn’t become one without the element of fire to bring them together. If Paul summons the pokemon Ultramaur without the pokemon Dalyah to commingle with it, then the world will suffer only under Ultramaur’s power. The planet has already been encountering problems with dark spirits and demons roaming around within, and if the pokemon Ultramaur finally reveals itself, it can take over the world with a much worse cause. That’s what Prima Dona wants. She wants only darkness and evil because that’s what she was created from. She wants to get rid of all goodness, of Dovanna, Phandolia, and especially the angel pokemon Dalyah itself.”
Chimchar looked flaming with nervousness. He narrowed his eyes to look brave as he looked around at all the noisy pokemon around them, all harnessed to the ship on board. “Then I take it these pokemon shall just be an extra sacrifice to Ultramaur as well?”
Lucas huffed. “I guess so.”
“Wrong you are, kid,” a deep voice growled from behind them.
“Whoa!” Chimchar flinched at the pokemon who had just spoken to them. Lucas couldn’t help widening his eyes at the pokemon as well. It was a Bronzong, though it was as rusty as a hundred year old machine. The Bronzong bore scars over its face and an ugly brown splotch covered his right eye, looking like it had been brutally scratched.
Lucas took a step back. “Wh-what did they DO to you?”
The bronzing was sitting there, looking stern and ready to take on whatever was going to happen to it. It gave a sharp grunt. “Hmph. These scars ain’t done by some silly ol’ Prima Dona. I’ve been through many pokemon battles in my lifetime, both with trainers and the wild ones. If you’re asking for my life story on how I came to look like this, ye kids better be the most patient pair of listeners.”
Chimchar spoke quickly. “Um, no sir! No thanks, we just wanna know what exacltyis going to happen to us.”
“Yeah,” said Lucas. “What does Prima Dona want to do with us on that island when Paul summons Ultramaur?”
Bronzing growled. “I’ve listened to what Dionza announced after she and Prima Dona had captured the first batch of pokemon. I was one of the first to be caught. Prima Dona announced that while Paul is a source to draw Ultramaur down to the very planet, she wants to use us pokemon to become her first league of souls to be consumed by Ultramaur’s dark magic. Once Ultramaur is drawn to the planet, we will be the first group of pokemon to contain its dark magic within our souls.”
Lucas gasped. “Just what I thought! We’re like a sacrifice to Ultramaur, pokemon that will be the first to walk this planet with the darkness completely in our souls, this time, the darkness being completely permanent as Ultramaur itself!”
Bronzing grunted in agreement, shifting a little. “Exactly. Prima Dona is capturing pokemon of all kinds, at least one from each species so that each species of pokemon can pass on this dark power to the next generation.”
Chimchar threw his hands u pin the air, looking flabbergasted. “Then why am I here? why did they bother capturing ME? They’ve got Lucas here, and he can pass on the darkness to the generation of Chimchars!”
Lucas gave him a frown. “Well, thanks a lot then.”
Bronzing snorted. “Prima Dona’s been keeping a number of pokemon withheld in her ice spear. She’s captured many different species lately, whether you guys have witnessed her or not. She’s been waiting to capture at least all species of pokemon in the world, so that when she finally finds the right source to summon Ultramaur, she can use all the captured pokemon to become like the first messengers of Ultramaur’s dark magic to walk the planet.” Obviously, when Lucas looked around the ship, he noticed how each of the pokemon was all of different species, and that he really didn’t see a pair of pokemon that were actually of the same kind.
Lucas narrowed his eyes. He cast a glance at where Paul was standing with the group of Solar grunts, talking with Dionza. He huffed at the sight. Paul looked totally dazed and like a zombie as he stood there by the Solar grunts, looking as if he had no idea where he even was at the moment. Lucas looked around, trying to see where Kaira had gone. She had shown up earlier, just a few moments before they had brought Paul in. Trevor and two other pirates were chasing her, and had stopped her from getting up to help Lucas himself and Chimchar. He had lost track of her when Trevor had pulled her away, taking her around the ship under Dionza’s command.
Lucas turned back to glare at Dionza. That lady seemed to be the second most powerful of Team Solar, though she was still far from becoming like Prima Dona. She hadn’t been born from dark matter, and she hadn’t been born by the powers of Ultramaur. But Prima Dona had created her soul out of matter itself, creating it to follow her steps as a dark being like her, just like she had done with the other Solar grunts. And from the way Dionza had been taking charge of the Solar grunts while Prima Dona had been gone with Barry before, Lucas could see how powerful Dionza was becoming. To see her eying Paul like that was enough to see how much those two had bonded with each other when Paul had been captured by those grunts. Dionza was even close to intriguing Paul to become one of them.
Lucas sniffed. Unfortunately, Dionza hadn’t been as strong as Dawn. Dawn had been the light ot convince his soul to leave Team Solar and do the right thing. But now…..it looked as if Prima Dona had him under her hands and that she was ready to make sure he came back to them, and never leave again.
Suddenly, there was a thump from the other side of the boat, and several pokemon from behind gave out startled cries, tugging at the leashes that harnessed them to the boat. Lucas turned to see Bronzong remaining in his position, growling with irritation. “Eghhh, what’s going on now?”
Lucas widened his eyes. “Kaira!” He called out, dashing over to see that she had climbed upon the other side of the ship. She was soaking wet from head to toe, and Lucas could see that she had swam around the ship to make her way up to this part. But Lucas choked and tripped, his leash stopping him from running any further than a few feet.
“Eh? The dove girl?” Bronzong muttered, turning its heavy metallic old body to face Kaira, who was just heaving herself over the side of the wall.
“Ey! Catch that infiltrator!” Yelled a voice from below.
Suddenly, Kaira screamed as something grabbed her by the shoulders from behind the wall, yanking her back down. Trevor suddenly popped up over the ship, holding Kaira around the neck and shoulders with his left arm. Kaira struggled to tug free, but Trevor was smiling deviously at her from the side of her head, admiring the way she was struggling and kicking at him.
“Hey now, we all have to face certain things we don’t want in this world, and whether you’ve faced enough unwanted things in yer life already, you still gotta deal with some things that are meant to be done,” he spoke with a calm, sarcastic sneer.
Lucas growled and let out his Infernape cry, blowing a blast of flames over towards Trevor. He would’ve killed him with one huff, but this time, Lucas went easy since he couldn’t bring himself to kill anything, especially since he was a pokemon.
“Argh!” Yelled Trevor, dropping Kaira down on the deck.
Kaira grunted and got up to her feet. “Lucas!” She hissed, narrowing her eyes, looking ready to attack him and set him free.
“Kaira! Save us! Save us now!” Chimchar cried, jumping up and down, waving his arms at her.
“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!” Screamed a terrible voice.
Everyone flinched and looked up at the tall figure of Prima Dona, who was standing on the head of a Milotic.
Lucas gasped in astonishment. The Milotic—it was blue.
“Whoa, crap!” Chimchar huffed. “That’s a BLUE Milotic?!”
“Er…one of the rare shiny pokemon that you can find,” said Bronzong. “But then again, Prima Dona created her own pokemon to be like this when she captured them from the south. You couldn’t exactly find any real pokemon like the ones she has.”
“That’s a mighty fine Milotic as well,” said a nearby Mightyena. “It goes by the name, Celine, for that’s the name Prima Dona calls her when she summons it into battle.”
The blue Milotic gave a narrowed glare down at Lucas and Kaira’s direction, its sky blue satin ear sides giving a slight sway. Lucas took a nervous step back.
Trevor brushed his smoky self and looked up at Prima Dona with a respectful look in his naughty eyes.
Prima Dona had the three devil messengers hovering above her left shoulder. To the right, she held her ice spear, as well as Paul and Dionza standing with intent looks in their eyes. Paul still looked clouded and unaware, but he seemed to be breathing deeply as Dionza clutched his hand with a meticulous look on her face.
Lucas felt his heart thump at the sight of Prima Dona. She looked dangerously powerful up there. “Listen up, all of you!” The pokemon on board and the rest of Team Solar quieted down.
“Now! as you all can see, we have completed the entire species of the most common pokemon that can ever be found around this damn planet! I have traveled many ways afar, and finally to this day, I have captured every pokemon on the planet, minus the so-called ‘legendaries’ like Heatran, Celebi….etc. But! That hardly matters, because once the entire main species of pokemon become confined to dark magic from the matter of Ultramaur itself, the world of pokemon and people will be shattered and weak against all the dark souls that shall inhabit this place! This set of pokemon shall become the next era of a new generation.” She turned with a deviously cold smile on her thin face. “Be proud, all you precious little creatures!” Lucas shuddered at the sound of her edgy, sarcastic and sassy voice. “For you will each be the first beginning of the age of darkemon! The beginning of a new, dark generation!”
Darkemon. The word crept Lucas out and made him feel tense. Chimchar flinched next to him. “Darkemon?! What the heck—are you kidding me? I never want to be called--”
“All you darkemon can become confined to contain the REAL souls of a demon!” Prima Dona’s voice made a great combination with the chilly air that breezed around them. “The dark spirits that are constantly wandering around right now, possessing people and pokemon—that would be nothing compared to what Ultramaur will make of you. The possessed souls are just temporary spirits from dark matter just wandering around in search of an easy prey soul to take over, though that can be overcome with when you perform some sort of defense against it—such as a ritual or a religious blessing to scare that spirit away. But what Ultramaur will do, is that the devil pokemon itself will sacrifice your souls so that the soul actually BECOMES a dark soul, rather than just simply being chased and overtaken by another dark spirit. While a dark spirit wandering the world just enters the body and controls the real soul, Ultramaur’s dark magic will make it so that the soul doesn’t get controlled, but actually becomes dark and what the devil pokemon destines it to be. You will all be the new beginning of darkemon, as the devil pokemon Ultramaur shall overtake the planet and destroy the likes of that foolish angelic pokemon Dalyah.”
“You’ll never get away with your stupid plan!” Shouted Kaira angrily from behind.
Prima Dona’s proud face turned into a scowl and she whipped her head over to glare down at Kaira. She pointed a long, angry finger down at Kaira. “And THAT GIRL will DIEEE!” Her voice pierced the air and even some of the Team Solar members look scared. “As the banished pokemon Dovanna, I will make sure she never returns fully to her real form to summon that stupid pokemon of Dalyah! If she does, then that’s when the darkemon come in to destroy her! or! I can destroy her myself.”
Prima Dona drew back her long skinny arm and clenched her fists so that her icy nails hardened into metallic sharp claws and broke in her grasp.
Ghastleon suddenly appeared out of nowhere upon the boat by Lucas’s side, and he flinched back at the sight of the ghostly Eevee evolution. Ghaslteon leaped forward over to Kaira, but Kaira dodged back with a startled gasp, bumping into Trevor from behind and nearly tripping over at his feet.
“Whoa there--” Trevor started to laugh.
“Ghastleon! Put her to sleep at once!” Prima Dona commanded.
Ghastleon braced itself for a Hypnosis attack, but Kaira suddenly shot up to her feet. “Lucas! Help!” She cried.
And Lucas didn’t need to be told what to do. he felt the fiery energy surging through him, and with a mighty, fierce tug, he broke free of the chains that bound him to the walls of the ship, dashing towards Ghastleon and hitting at it with a powerful Close Combat.
It was just when Lucas realized that fight type moves had no affect against ghost types. But it was enough to make Ghastleon flinch with distraction. The pokemon hissed and whipped around to face Lucas to hit him with a strong blow of Shadow Balls. Lucas stumbled back at the sudden blow, but he held his ground and shot back a Flamethrower, burning the swift pokemon with a startling cry.
The pokemon around them all cried and shouted on with triumph at Lucas’s battle.
“Come on Lucas!” strange pokemon he hadn’t even talked to seemed to have known his name. “You can beat that little fleabag!”
Ghastleon said nothing back, though it glared at Lucas with a scary look of hatred, rippling its flowing purple strips on its shoulders.
“Agh! Ghastleon, you fool!” Prima Dona screamed, turning a pale, angry white color.
Dionza’s eyes gleamed right next to her. “Might as well take this to matters of my own,” she was reaching in her pocket for her own pokemon.
But Prima Dona smacked Dionza’s hand with the back of her own, making Dionza flinch and wince with surprise.
Prima Dona was glaring selfishly at the Solar grunt. “You stay outta this for now! go assemble the pokemon of the bottom deck! Not all pokemon of all species are on board—about a third of the species are still hidden in my spear! You go make sure all are ready and present at the moment!” Prima Dona whipped over to face Kaira. “I’ll take care of the little impudent myself!”
But suddenly, a blast of light shot from behind Prima Dona, nearly scratching across her right cheek. “Wha?!” Prima Dona whipped around to see that a little white shape was flying towards her.
Kaira’s voice was suddenly filled with awe. “Dovanna!”
It was the baby Dovanna, looking lively and healthy as it had been since Lucas had first seen it after it had just hatched. The little Dovanna was circling higher in the sky, its body sparkling with droplets of clear, purified water that seemed splashed down towards the pokemon it flew over. lucas only got to feel a dorp, but like the others around him, he started to feel a sensation of refreshing happiness.
And just behind the group of Solar grunts that stood on the beach to the side of the boat, stood Dawn and Barry.

Paul’s eyes suddenly blinked and his mind cleared. He felt cold droplets of the most sweetest, refreshing water he had ever felt. He panted quietly and looked around. where in the world was he? His heart suddenly lifted with fear. He was holding hands with Dionza. That was the first thing he noticed. The next thing he saw, was that he was about thrity feet off the ground, or above the water as it seemed. He was standing on top of a Milotic—a blue Milotic—and he had Prima Dona to his left side as well. The devil messengers were chattering angrily up at the sky, where the baby Dovanna was flying around. below him was the pirate ship, filled with numbers of different pokemon of all kinds, and behind him….he felt a light shine that no other soul could see. He turned to see Dawn, standing there by Barry’s side, looking over at him with a hopeful look. she almost seemed to be calling him to her.
“Dovanna!” Barry was suddenly running up closer to the ship, dodging all the Solar grunts and their pokemon as they leaped around to stop him. “Use that awesome Cosmic Wing attack!”
Paul watched as the baby Dovanna’s wings started to glow a glimmering yellow color, but suddenly, a red glow shot at it, making it cry and nearly fall towards the water.
Paul turned ot see that the devil Chiba had thrown an attack at it. the devil pokemon snickeredand turned to notice that Paul had suddenly snapped into focused. “Waken up yet, boy? Haha! You’re going to be mine whether you like it or not! Prima Dona shall use you as the main source for her summoning of Ultramaur—and DARKEMON.”
The word chilled Paul’s heart, and after the baby Dovanna shook itself again, splashing another drop of that refreshing water on his head, he suddenly yanked his hand away from Dionza. He ignored the surprised look on Dionza’s face as he rejected her. “I will not let this happen,” he muttered. “Let me go right now!”
Before Prima Dona could even speak to him, Paul leaped down into the water with nothing but Dawn focused on his mind. He heard a drastic yell from above before he fell in the water, though he couldn’t tell if it was Prima Dona or Dionza. But he bobbed his head up, and then gasped, realizing Dawn was already close to the shores of the water, waiting for him as Barry commanded the baby Dovanna into battle to save Kaira.
He swam as quick as he can towards her, but the mighty tail of Prima Dona’s blue Milotic nearly drowned him. he suddenly found himself coughing by the shores at Dawn’s feet. She kneeled down. “Paul! Are you okay?!”
“Uh….Dawn…” he murmured, feeling lightheaded and dizzy.
“Bahh!” Prima Dona’s Milotic suddenly thrashed in the water, and Prima Dona and Dionza leaped off, falling in the rapidly moving water.
Dawn turned with a horrified look in her eyes. “Barry! Get away!”
“Huh?” Barry suddenly yelled as a giant wave splashed over him, and he was lying on his side, soaking wet, and at the foot of Prima Dona. Her Ghastleon was by her side, and Kaira was suddenly floating from the ship towards him with the baby Dovanna surrounding her with a veil of light.
“You cannot win with hate, Prima Dona!” Kaira shouted. “Love will always be stronger. Especially if you understand it.”
“Oh, suck it up!” Prima Dona yelled indignantly. “You’re one to speak, you foolish little brat! YOU barely understand love yourself!”
“I’m beginning to understand it!” Kaira shot back. “And that is what will make me gradually get stronger than you.”
Prima Dona giggled evilly, rolling her eyes. “’Gradually,’ she says! Hah! I will make sure you DIE before you ever do!”
Barry stirred by her feet, and then suddenly snapped awake as Prima Dona bent down to yank him up at her side, holding him by the back of his shirt. Barry tensed with a shocking look in his eyes.
“This boy shall be the next one to die after I take care of you! and that stupid little goody-girl that he loves shall die next, after I kill him first-- right before her eyes!”
Paul suddenly looked at Dawn, who was staring over at Prima Dona with shocked eyes. paul saw that Kaira’s eyes widened at Prima Dona’s mention of “the goody-girl Barry loved.”
Prima Dona dropped Barry to the ground and turned to look at Paul with admiring eyes. “The only one of the earth beings I shall keep alive shall be the one that bears the element of darkness. The one that shall help me with the summoning of Ultramaur. I used to think another person of the earth beings would help me with my need to summon Ultramaur, though that being betrayed me back at the Spirit Garden—proving he wasn’t really the one to bear the element of darkness.”
Everyone, including Team Solar and their pokemon around them, all focused their eyes on Barry, who blushed with embarrassment. He slowly rose to his feet. “Aren’t you forgetting someone?” He said to Prima Dona with a wince. “There is still another element that you havent thought about killing yet.”
Prima Dona’s eyes widened. “Hm? You mean that stupid twerpy little monkey-ass that brings the element of fire? Pah! I’ll kill him off too, if it gets in my way! but he shall be the last to get rid of, for I would love to banish the dove girl forever and let her loved one die in front of the other girl that he really loves for himself—that stupid element of light that’s distracting my dear little Paul.” Prima Dona’s expression narrowed into a scary, creepy smile
Paul tensed, feeling sick. To have Prima Dona all over him was much, much worse than having Dionza all over him.
Kaira’s eyes were narrowing, starting to cloud. “Your words mean nothing, Prima Dona. You’re nothing but a source of dark matter and a cruel aura.”
Prima Dona raised her eyebrows. “Oh? Well, would you like to hear the truth for yourself? Your Barry loves her. say it loud and clear, my boy,” she gave Barry a pinch on the shoulder that made him slightly flinch. “Say your true feelings—it’s now or never.” Her eyes were a deadly glitter of piercing ice.
Paul watched as Barry and Kaira looked at each other, and he felt a strange tension surge between the two. Both looked flushed and dazed, not knowing what to say next. From the way the light around Kaira was shining, Paul could tell her heart was beating fast.
Paul and Dawn met each other’s gazes. The both of them looked confused and desperate. Paul suddenly found his own mind spinning as much as Kaira’s. who could Dawn really love? He knew she loved him…..but what about Barry’s real feelings?
Suddenly, Dawn gasped. “Paul!”
And a hand suddenly rested on his shoulder. It was Dionza. “Get ready, my dear Paul. You don’t have to be caught up in this stupid drama…you can come with me.” And she pulled him with her into the water before he could even hear Dawn’s helpless scream.


Lucas was peering over the boat with Chimchar at his side. Kaira was lost in the gaze of Barry, and he couldn’t get her to look at him. giving a quick nod to the baby Dovanna, Lucas and Chimchar leaped off the boat towards the pokemon as it gently let them fall to the shores by their side. Kaira and the others noticed their presence on the ground, and Kaira suddenly snapped into focus. “Dovanna! Now!” And she closed her eyes, letting the little bird flutter around her with a gleaming, intense shine around its wings

Baby Dovanna suddenly circled in the sky, opening a thin veil of yellow light that glowed in the thick gray sky. kaira closed her eyes and tried to seek help from the pokemon that bonded with her in her heart. At last, she heard a voice.
“Kaira! I’m coming….” It was Chibu’s voice. And suddenly, once Kaira opened her eyes, she could clearly see the little yellow shape of Chibu hovering down from the sky, smiling down valiantly at her. Behind it, hovered two more figures—the blue, football shape of Chibo, and a new messenger she had not yet met, the angel messenger Chiba. The little pokemon was like another version of the devil Chiba, though the redness was a slightly brighter, more rich looking color, without the devil horns and the sharp triangle tail tip. Its eyes were cute and happy, unlike the untrusting evil smile from the devil Chiba. Kaira felt bewildered at the sight of the three angelic messengers of Dalyah. She and the baby Dovanna had done it. She had let her mind pass through all the darkness and dimensions that blocked her from ever reaching contact with the Black Hole. Her belief and faith for the little pokemon, Chibu, had made her strong enough to let her mind break through the darkness of the Black Hole, and use baby Dovanna’s lighted love to lead a portal back to the real world, away from the darkness of the Black Hole. Baby Dovanna had a light as well, a light of love that could break through the powers of the Black Hole of nothingness. Kaira’s faith in the pokemon that she had heart-bonded with had been what made her strong to break through the portals and allow that light of love from baby Dovanna to shine through. Kaira suddenly realized—if only she could love herself, she wouldn’t have needed the help of baby Dovanna.
Prima Dona stood there, bewildered and angry at the sight of the three angelic messengers. The devil messengers that hovered above the ship stared deviously with glaring hatred as the angelic messengers made their way down towards Kaira and baby Dovanna. Lucas and Chimchar were just a few feet to her right, watching with awe. Team Solar, Barry, and Dawn were also watching with the same intent, and Ghastleon was angrily hissing by Prima Dona’s feet.
The angelic messengers surrounded Kaira and hovered over her shoulders.
“Kaira….be strong…” Chibu murmured in her head. It was so good to have Chibu’s little voice speak to her again.
“Oh!” Prima Dona looked angrily offended. Her spear banged at the ground, and Kaira was sure she would’ve summoned an earthquake or hurricane. “Oh! That is it! what in the world have you--”
“It’s the power of love, Prima Dona,” Kaira said seriously, glaring at the witch. “I told you, it can break through the strength of hate.”
“Can’t you see?!” Dawn was yelling, making her way closer to Barry’s side from the shore. Kaira winced. What had happened to Paul? Wasn’t he just at her side? “Kaira has used the power of faith and trust in Chibu to open her mind and actually see through the Black Hole! The Black Hole may be the place where all is lost and forgotten, but with Kaira’s belief and admiration for Chibu, she was able to see through all that nonsense! She was able to break through those dark portals in the dimensions, and let her mind communicate with Chibu again, therefore, allowing the love from baby Dovanna to enter in through that breakthrough to lead a shine of light back towards the world. With that, Chibu was able to come back—along with Chibo, and even Chiba, who had been missing longer than either had ever been.”
“Bah! Your love is nothing!” Spat Prima Dona. “Why, the power of darkness could’ve been a little stronger as to DESTROY that love, just as it had once done before!”
“Well, Kaira’s spirit can still become stronger than even that!” Kaira’s heart lightened as Barry spoke with determination. He was gazing right at Prima Dona with a fierce determination. “If she loves again, she is surely bound to overcome you when you try to banish her again with your stupid sorcery of magics!”
Prima Dona let out a quick snicker. “Oh? And what’s that, little boy? Come to save your little princess?”
Barry narrowed his eyes and turned to Kaira. “If she can love again, and truly understand the feeling of love to feel for herself, then she can overcome you, and become Dovanna herself. And I will make sure she can feel the power of love again.”
Kaira’s heart lightened at his words. She held her breath and let out a calm smile. “Oh…Barry……” She murmured. He was smiling back at her with a sorry look.
Prima Dona cackled. “Ahahaha! I’m sorry, but you’re saving the wrong princess, it looks like!” Prima Dona turned to Dawn, who was watching Barry and Kaira with a look of happy satisfaction and no slight jealousy. Prima Dona pointed over to her. “She’s the real girlfriend you’re looking forward to! Even that foolish Dovanna girl knows it, don’t ya, Kaira, ma love?” Prima Dona was smiling at Kaira with a creepy glint in her eyes as she pointed at Dawn.
Kaira glanced at Dawn, who suddenly looked startled, not knowing what to say. But Kaira wasn’t going to let herself get taken over by jealousy again. with Chibu at her side, she could just hear its voice telling her to let her good spirit overtake any hint of jealousy or unhappiness from her. “Oh, please!” Kaira huffed, rolling her eyes. “Tell me what you want Prima Dona. You’re not going to use anything to fool me—or Barry again.”
Prima Dona raised her eyebrows, still keeping the creepy smile on her face. “Haha, what? I’m voicing the truth! Barry loves Dawn! It doesn’t matter what he feels for you, his heart will always belong to Dawn deep inside.”
“That’s not entirely true--” Barry started to protest, but Kaira let out a huff.
“It doesn’t matter,” her teeth were clenched, and she felt a surge of anger rush through her. but it wasn’t at Barry, or Dawn. It was at Prima Dona. She was trying to tear her apart from Barry, and make sure she didn’t feel that touch of love again. She glanced at the three messengers and baby Dovanna, then looked down at Lucas and Chimchar. They immediately knew what to do.
Lucas and Chimchar attacked the closest pokemon next to them, and blew flames at any other Team Solar pokemon that they found. “Chibu….” She spoke through her thoughts. “Help free the pokemon on the ship, and I’ll find a way to free the ones that are stuck within….that spear Prima Dona keeps with her.”
And as if reading her thoughts, Ghastleon suddenly leaped through the air, and pounced on all three messengers at once, all of them tumbling on the ground away from them. Suddenly, the entire beach was filled with pokemon battling pokemon, and the Solar grunts running around yelling commands at each other.
Prima Dona and Kaira stood just a few feet away from each other, staring at each other. Kaira glared at Prima Dona with challenge, and Prima Dona smiled back sassily and wickedly. She suddenly wrapped her right arm around Barry’s neck, clutching him against her, choking him. with her left hand, she reached out to grab Dawn’s forearm. Dawn gasped and looked shock, while Barry looked helpless and dying as Prima Dona’s grip tightened around his neck. She gave Kaira a mischievous grin. “Hmph! Now if you catch all of us, you’d be rescuing two at the same time! Try your best, little girl.” And the three devil messengers hovered over Prima Dona, and cast a colorful glow over them and they all disappeared.
Kaira dashed after them, knowing exactly where they could be headed.
“Kaira! Wait!” Called Chibu’s voice in her head.
Kaira ignored the desperate cries of the messengers behind her. she couldn’t let Prima Dona get away with any of her friends.
Kaira ran on along the beach, having a feeling where Prima Dona was taking Barry and Dawn. She closed her eyes and tried to read Prima Dona’s aura within the air, hoping to sense her presence even though she was temporarily invisible.
Finally, Kaira stopped nearby a tall cliff to the side of the shore. The waves were a little more treacherous here, and Kaira tried to calm her panting to listen carefully around her.
Suddenly, she heard a strange, murmuring laughing echoing around the air. She winced as she kept a sharp eye out. She tensed, ready for something to suddenly spring into attack at her. she sensed someone’s presence….but she couldn’t entirely read it at the moment.
“Dovanna…..” murmured a familiarly calm voice.
Kaira turned to see that it was the Gardevoir, hovering above the ground and making its way towards her. Kaira widened her eyes. the pokemon looked well, unscarred without a single trace of ever being attacked, though Kaira knew it was all betrayed when she saw the saddened look on the Gardevoir’s face. the pokemon looked depressed as any emotional soul could be.
“Oh, Gardevoir!” She gasped. “You’re alive! What happened to you? are you alright?”
“Nothing will be alright, child, I’m so sorry,” the Gardevoir looked almost ready to shed tears as it spoke softly. “Prima Dona has found our garden….she’s destroying it this very moment.”
Kaira flinched. “What?! How?!”
“I was revived after your love of aura…..the baby Dovanna had finally revived and arrived with your friends—Barry and Dawn—to cure me and help me find my way back to the garden. But in doing so, Prima Dona was able to track down the blood she consumed from me…and find her way into our garden. She is there this very moment, and pokemon of the garden are fleeing for their own safetly. There really isnt anything they can do…”
“Oh, dear…I’m so sorry,” Kaira felt a grief of unhappiness well up inside her, but then she frowned with disgust. “I’ll stop her. does she have Barry and Dawn with her at the moment?”
“She was alone….she had no one by her side but that terrible little ghost pet of hers.” Gardevoir suddenly shook and her eyes watered. She seemed to have held her breath in a gasp, and she froze. “Child….without the garden, the pokemon will weaken along with the city. We will continue with the time that goes on at the present….and we can never escape it again unless the garden is restored….I’m sorry, but I must go help my family.”
“Gardevoir…” Kaira watched with a clouded look as the pokemon faded away into the air, teleporting to wherever its family was seeking refuge.
A teasing giggle sounded from behind her. Kaira immediately turned all the way around—and faced the figure of her own reflection, Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart.
Kaira gasped and narrowed her eyes. “Kyra! What do YOU want now?”
Kyra was smiling with raised eyebrows. “Oh, nothing! I was just sniffing around for your little boyfriend—MY boyfriend to be correct.” She narrowed her eyes, and Kaira felt the rush of hatred surge through Kyra’s cold spirit. She wanted Barry just as much as Kaira herself did, though for Kyra, it was with a more evil, ambitious and reckless kind of want. She would do bad to get that Barry.
Kaira huffed, shaking her head. “You’ll never understand. You can’t just force someone to love you.”
“Oh, well I can’t be all kind and goody to them either! Kaira…you found that mysterious secret garden—with Barry—and now it’s getting destroyed by Prima Dona because of that,” she grinned with a wicked glint in her green eyes. “Thanks to you, that soft-speaking Gardevoir has no home, and now they’re all going to get old and die! Thanks to your stupid interference, Prima Dona has found her way to end that little Peter Pan world where time never goes on! The psychic pokemon of that place will have to follow along with the future—or the past if that’s what the clock sets for this place.”
“Oh, stop giving me unwanted B.S. that I’ve never done! Prima Dona found her way into the garden through her own viciousness—through biting the neck of Gardevoir! What more would YOU want, Kyra? I bet you wouldn’t feel shame to do the same thing to any pokemon.” Kaira felt sickened at the thought of Gardevoir’s bleeding neck and slow pain. to think anyone would want to do that to a pokemon, and then call Kaira herself responsible for the destruction of the secret garden, it drove Kaira crazy.
Kyra crossed her arms with a scowl. “Hmph! Well, excuse me, but I can actually be useful to you right now. Prima Dona didn’t care to take Barry and that pushy little angel with her, so she left them both behind, scattered and separate from each other. I was actually onto Barry’s tracks!”
Kaira raised her eyebrows with interest. “Oh?”
“Come over here! I found Barry on the other side of this cliff near two ledges. He looked pretty wounded, and I was thinking about helping him.” Kyra turned to make her way up the small rocky walls.
Kaira glared and ran up to her side. “Well, why DIDN’T you help him?”
Kyra gave her a raised look, and then looked away from her, ignoring her question.
Kaira rolled her eyes and followed Kyra up the slope.
It didn’t take long at all to reach the top, which was only about ten feet or so from the ground and waves.
Kaira gasped and saw the figure of Barry lying on his side near two jutted rocks. He looked wounded and unconscious. “Barry!” She gasped, her voice a dazed, audible whisper.
“Oh, he won’t hear you like that!” Kyra spoke aloud and then raised her voice. “Hey, Barry! You still alive down there? You better not die in front of either of our faces!”
Kaira shot Kyra a frown, but then turned to look hopefully at the unmoving figure of Barry. “I’m going to help him.” She stood up on the rock in front of her, ready to make her way down the slope in front of them.
“Hey, someone’s coming!” Snapped Kyra, glaring to the right where a figure was approaching up the slope to Barry.
Kaira felt her heart lift with anxiety. It was Dawn. She watched as Dawn knelt down by Barry with a wide look in her eyes.
“Barry? Barry, please…..you have to be alive…” Dawn spoke with despair and calm hope, and then suddenly Barry stirred.
“Uh….Dawn!” Barry gasped, looking up at her blue eyes.
Kaira felt an unwanted wave of irritation come over her. Of course, Barry would awaken to Dawn’s voice—her presence lighted any spirit in anyone.
“Where is she?” Barry sat up slowly, wincing with pain. his left side of his forehead was bleeding with an ugly scab. “Where’s Prima Dona? I…I saw her rush after Gardevoir before--”
“She’s gone to destroy its home,” Dawn spoke with sadness. “I followed her to where she arrived at the gates of….the most beautiful but strangest place I’ve ever seen. It was like a private pokemon sanctuary…..and I could just feel what she was going to do just by seeing the look in her eyes as she gazed around the place.”
Barry sighed and hung his head. “I know. I’ve been to that place already.”
Dawn raised her eyebrows.
“That was where baby Dovanna came from to find us on the other side of the city,” added Barry. “It came from the fountain of that secret garden, where it was healing itself to become fully alive again. I was already there with it.”
“With Kaira?” Asked Dawn.
Barry nodded. “With Kaira.”
For a few moments, neither said, nothing, though they were looking into each other’s eyes. Kaira was almost thinking of stepping and getting them to hurry on back to the pirate ship, where there was a battle taking place. But she was too intrigued on Barry and Dawn’s privacy together. She wondered what was going through both of their minds as they sat there, thinking they were alone again.
Barry suddenly spoke. “Agh, I guess it’s partly my fault Prima Dona’s destroying that place.” He looked angry and troubled.
“No…..I’m sure it wasn’t all your fault. I really wish I had gotten to know that place more. Why….why didn’t you and Kaira want to invite anyone else into that garden?”
Kaira narrowed her eyes. “Because you wouldn’t be able to see a single part of it!” She snapped in her thoughts.
Barry suddenly looked at Dawn with intent. “Oh, we wouldve, trust me. Dawn….I….I really wanted nothing more than to have you by my side—especially in a place like that.”
Dawn’s eyes raised. Her expression was calm. “Really?”
“Yes, really. I’ve been through many places so far in this weird planet….and there have been a number of places I couldn’t imagine myself not having the happiest time with just you and me.”
Kaira held back a choking gasp, feeling her heart race. She slightly opened her mouth, keeping herself from entirely dropping it and looking like a shocked freak. What about her?! Barry had been through places in this world with just himself and Kaira! Did THAT mean anything to him at all?!
Dawn smiled slowly. “Oh…..Barry…”
Barry put his arms on her shoulders, gazing into her eyes. she looked back at him with a shy understanding.
“Trust me…..I…I really haven’t felt this way about you, but I guess I realized it’s a feeling that has been there with me longer, though I hadn’t even noticed it.”
The two said for a moment again, and Kaira watched with a heart-racing feeling as they both gazed into each other’s eyes. Then, as fast as Kaira couldn’t expected, Barry leaned forward and kissed Dawn, the both of them meeting each other’s lips for the longest moment Kaira had ever seen.
Kaira’s eyes widened with the most unbearable disbelief, unable to take the shock as she stood there, ready to let herself fall off that slope. Next to her, Kyra flinched and hissed deviously, muttering something rapid and angrily under her breath.
Kaira felt the world spinning all around her. for a moment, she couldn’t see, for a moment, her vision was blurred. Then she felt as light as a feather, ready to fly away and disappear into the air. She couldn’t believe it. Barry loved Dawn and he had kissed her with a quick, but long-lasting kiss. She couldn’t stand it. she didn’t know what she felt. She couldn’t even feel her own presence in the world anymore.
“Gahhhhhh!”
A strange scream echoed in her head, though it was faint and Kaira couldn’t even tell who it was, nor did she care. She didn’t know what she wanted to do next—she felt entirely shocked and utterly betrayed.
“Aghhhh! You twoooo!”
The voice suddenly became clear enough to snap her into focus. Kaira’s eyes blinked into focus, and she was staring right over where Barry and Dawn had stopped kissing, looking over at Prima Dona, who was standing just a few feet away from them with a haughty surprised look on her face.
“Well!” Prima Dona scowled a creepy smile and put her hands on her hips. “Look who’s let out the love!” Barry and Dawn were staring with shock and horror. Prima Dona cast a glance up at Kaira, meeting her own clouded, blank look of disbelief. “And look at the little stowaways who got a little curious.”
Barry and Dawn turned to look behind. Barry’s gaze darted from Kyra, then to Kaira, and his eyes widened to even a more shocking state. “Kaira?!”
Kaira couldn’t say anything, but next to her, Kyra stood up with a scowl. “That’s it. I’m outta here. I’ll deal with YOU later—after that cold, freaky witch leaves.” And without another word, Kyra was gone.
Kaira didn’t even turn to realize how quiet Kyra had been through the whole scene. She wasn’t even meeting Barry’s gaze as he stared up at her with shock. She was lost in her own clouded gaze. Suddenly, she caught her breath and her feet stumbled. She suddenly lost her balance and found herself falling back the slope.
“Kaira!” Barry’s cry was faint to her ears.
Kaira could hardly feel the hurtful wounds from her fall, barely grunting at the scratches and bumps she got from tumbling down.
When she finally hit the ground, her eyes closed, though not with unconsciousness from what she had seen. She let herself drift through her thoughts, trying to regain her senses. “What did I just see….? How…..how could he?”
Suddenly, there was a familiar voice from behind and a call from an Infernape.
“Kaira!” The voice of Chibu was in her head, though at the same time, hovering just a yard aobe her with baby Dovanna, and the two other angel messengers by its side.
Kaira slowly blinked her eyes open, her gaze blurred and dizzy. She flashed a glimpse of Barry, and then snapped into focus.
“Kaira! Are you alright?” His voice was trembling. Kaira suddenly saw clearly that he was kneeling by her side, looking scared and surprised. “Kaira…please! Wake up!”
“She’s awake, you fool!” Cackled Prima Dona’s taunting voice. She was making her way towards Barry and Kaira, with Dawn slowly following behind. “She’ll be more awake now than she’ll ever be! You should be proud, my Barry! You’ve finally let out the truth!”
Lucas and Chimchar gave angry cries towards Prima Dona. Though they did not know what had been going on, they were still aware of the strange tension between Barry and Kaira especially.
But Kaira was barely feeling anything. She lay on her side, her eyes wide open and in a clouded, confused shock.
Dawn approached Barry’s side, standing and looking down at Kaira. Her expression was pale, and her cheeks were bright red. “Kaira?” Her voice was a hoarse whisper. She looked ashamed and frightened.
Prima Dona giggled. “Hmm-hmm! About time someone shows a little sympathy!”
“Shut up!” Barry turned to flash her an angry glare. “I never meant to hurt her! What she saw was nothing! I didn’t mean anything to make her feel this way!”
Dawn gasped, taking a step back. “WHO exactly are you referring to?!” She was pale and confused as Kaira, though Kaira herself felt so down and betrayed that she could barely feel a thing.
Chibu was trying to nudge at Kaira, whimpering. Baby Dovanna was looking down at Kaira with blue, sad eyes, and it was trying to shine a light of love over her…..but it was no use. To Kaira, love was the main feeling she couldn’t feel anymore. She had almost felt it before….she had been so close…but then it had betrayed her, just like that. Barry didn’t love her. it was as clear as the act he had just performed. He was just thankful and happy for her, but it wasn’t entirely love yet. it probably never will be.
“Kaira!” Chibu’s voice was pleading and full of strength. “Don’t think that way! you have to be strong! There’s more to love than just….what you saw! You don’t have to let it do this to you!”
Kaira felt sharp pangs pierce her heart, trying to strengthen her feelings again. but she just edged them away, simply losing all hope. She felt weak, and she didn’t even try to control her feelings. She didn’t even know if they were really feelings anymore.
Prima Dona rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. “Oh, puh-lease! Barry, you ought to tell her your deep dark secret now.”
Barry turned with a wince. “What secret—?”
“Havent you figured it out yet?” Prima Dona etched a creepy smile. She glanced at Barry, then to Dawn, and then to Lucas. “Remember that one night by Lake Verity? When you were trying to prove your stupid bet?”
Kaira tensed, suddenly listening, though her face was as blank and clouded as a zombie. From the corner of her eye, she thought she could glimpse two tall dark figures creeping up from behind Lucas and Chimchar, but she didn’t focus clearly.
Prima Dona went on proudly. “Barry, dear, you were trying to catch a Mesprit.” She spoke in such an innocent tone that it made her look even more evil and dangerous. She was smiling at Barry with her eyes in cold, narrow slits. “But you disrupted its ability for a moment. You threw a dark ball at it.”
Dawn and Lucas both seemed to gasp, and the baby Dovanna let out a sorrowful coo. Barry was tensed, his eyes wide with fear.
“That dark ball fought its ability for a moment. For Mesprit is the Being of Emotions, able to control all pokemon emotions in the balance of the world, that dark ball caused it to interfere on the dark feelings, to focus on fear and pain. That weakened Mesprit in the dark ball, and that was what caused a strange disturbance in the spirits of this world here, in the fifth dimension. With the controller of emotions weakened and sucked in the power of darkness, I was able to easily control the spirit of Dovanna itself.” Prima Dona cast an awful glare at Kaira. “Because you destroyed Mesprit’s emotional control, I was able to have taken the love from Dovanna easily. During that battle up at the Crest Peak, so long ago, I was trying to banish Dovanna and take the love away from it. Thanks to YOU, Barry, I was able to control its feelings of love and let the darkness weaken it. unfortunately, being the pokemon of ‘love,’ Dovanna was unable to ever become affected by hate and darkness, though it was still weakened enough to let its happiness wash away and become the frail girl she was when she came to earth.” Prima Dona turned to smile at Kaira again.
Kaira, lying on the ground, felt distilled. She couldn’t believe it. Barry—messing with the pokemon of emotions, giving Prima Dona her chance of sucking the love from her heart.
Prima Dona let out another creepy chuckle. “My, my. Kaira, dear, you look exactly as you did that moment on Crest Mountain when you had transformed from a beautiful, loving legendary pokemon, to the shattered human you are now. Barry, thank you. I really wouldn’t have done THIS much without your help.”
Barry was slowly shaking his head, looking utterly astonished and heartbroken. “No….” he muttered. Dawn, Lucas, and Chimchar were looking at him with disbelief. “It can’t be….I didn’t mean it.”
“Oh, fool!” Prima Dona yelled now. “There are lots of things people don’t mean to do!”
“I freed the Mesprit!” Barry protested, his eyes starting to cloud with despair. “I literally burned that dark ball! The Mesprit should be totally fine and back to normal now!”
“Oh, that has nothing to do with what I had done with Dovanna, though!” Prima Dona shot back, her eyes flashing a fierce glare. “And now, you’ve stopped her yet again from almost achieving her goals to become that Dovanna pokemon again. I have to admit, she was pretty close to feeling her love again, thanks to you. But thanks to you again, she lost it! hah! You’re totally pointless, just like she is!”
Barry whipped his head to Kaira, his eyes full of sadness and sorrow. “Kaira….please! I’m…” his voice was barely a whisper. “I’m so sorry…”
Kaira couldn’t hear him. She felt all her feelings at once run through her. Love. Hate. Despair. Sadness. Anger. Happiness. Shock. She felt a bunch of emotions rush through her all at once until she felt nothing at all. Her heart felt shattered, and she suddenly blinked with a slow, mournful look and then slowly brought herself to sit up. Her eyes were less teary and clouded, though they were still dazed and focused. She stared right through Barry. “I’m not falling for it again….” was all she muttered. Whether she knew what she was talking about or not, she said what she said. She suddenly felt hands grab both her arms and pull her up to her feet. She realized the dark figures she had glimpsed were two Solar grunts, one was a typical dark-suited guy with dark eyes, and the other was one of the pirates.
Prima Dona wasn’t smiling anymore. She nodded at the pirates. “Take her away. Has the ship been destroyed?”
“Not yet,” spoke the grunt. “But all the pokemon on board have escaped and scattered. Dionza is missing, though we all know she is most likely with Paul. Everyone else has gone to look after all those missing pokemon.”
Prima Dona’s eyes widened, looking bewildered and pissed, but then she narrowed them again. “Good! Make sure everyone is looking. I really don’t need a team of darkemon anymore—I’ve already accomplished seventy-five percent of what I had meant to accomplish.” She cast a smile over at Kaira’s shattered expression and limp body as the two grunts held her to stand upright.
Barry looked entirely drained. He stood up, looking at Kaira in the eyes. “No….I didn’t mean for this….”
He suddenly felt a cold grip on his shoulder as Prima Dona let her hand rest by his neck. “YOU, be quiet, boy.” Her voice was clenched and hard. Barry silenced himself at her tone, keeping his saddened look on Kaira.
“Chii…..” Chibu tried to get at Kaira, but the grunts shoed the three messengers away. Baby Dovanna glared at them and tried to shine at them, but one of them gave it a menacing glare with red, devilish eyes that it scared the little bird. Baby Dovanna gave another look at Kaira and tried desperately one more time, using its strongest force of love to shine at her heart, but it pretty much bounced right back at it. Kaira could barely feel the bright feeling of love. She had also pushed it away as well. She didn’t care what happened to her—as long as she wasn’t caught up with such feelings anymore. Her eyes became a nasty glare, and though she wasn’t looking straight at Barry or anyone else, Barry looked the most worried of all as they watched the grunts take her away towards the ship.
Kaira didn’t even look back. She didn’t care where she was being taken. She didn’t care what anyone would think. She didn’t even care what she would think. She felt drained, entirely shattered, and utterly defeated—once again.

Barry stared after Kaira as the Solar grunts walked her away. A big part of him wanted nothing more than to just run after her and break the shattered glass that struck her heart, but he was aware of Prima Dona’s intent gaze on all of them. She had her hand on his shoulder, and he was suddenly aware of the time back in the Spirit Garden when she had tried to eat him alive. He didn’t dare look up to meet her gaze and see the hungry look on her face now.
But Barry felt broken overall. He couldn’t believe what he had just done….and in front of Kaira too—as well as Kyra. The both of them had seen him…..both had a reason to feel angered and betrayed by him. especially Kaira, who would never find a way to hate, though at the same time, could never find a way to love anymore. How close she had been, he wondered. How close she had been, to have loved Barry himself and had almost been able to become Dovanna again—all her love was almost dedicated to him….and he had ruined it just like that. One kiss with Dawn—and it ruined everything. He was utterly ashamed and astonished with himself, he felt like the planet would just swallow him up.
“Well, then!” Prima Dona huffed. “While my pirates take care of your poor little bird girl there, I’ll just have to finish up the rest of my job!”
Dawn gasped and Barry turned to look up at Prima Dona with a look of hatred on his face. “What are you talking about? You’re not finishing anything. You’re not going to hurt any of us like you’ve already--”
“QUIET YOU!” Prima Dona screamed, glaring with full fury at Barry. To their side, the three angel messengers circled around baby Dovanna, crying with sadness and despair.“I’ve already made arrangements for my plan now! since I’ve failed at the summoning of Ultramaur here, I’ve made it so that my pirates sail out at sea, into the region of Thelmer, where they can summon Ultramaur at a more secretive place—on the island of Dark Raven! There, they will summon the devil pokemon, using Paul as a source to draw its presence. But since I’ve lost Paul AND those pokemon species I’ve collected—thanks to that SOILED, FUGLY OL’ GIRL—I have changed courses already.” Prima Dona smiled at all of them—Barry, Lucas, Chimchar, Dawn, the three messengers, and baby Dovanna. “Kaira is done with now. she is shattered and weakened more than she has been before, unable to love again. her feelings have dropped all the way down, and she’s in an even more serious state than she had been when you kiddies first met her.”
Barry’s heart sank. He wanted to disappear. Behind him, Lucas let out a small wail and Chibu shivered. “Chi…”
Prima Dona’s gaze hardened. She was only focusing on Barry now. “So! My pirates shall take her towards the Dark Raven island, and make sure she never comes back! By sending such a soul to that island, they are pretty much throwing her as perfect bait for the Black Hole above, so that her spirit can be washed away, and the pokemon Dovanna will NEVER return, therefore, never summoning back the presence of Dalyah. That significance can be what summons Ultramaur, and let the devil pokemon arise and take over the world! I won’t be needing that stupid purple-headed Paul anymore, for this is already enough to summon the devil pokemon itself.”
“Well, what ARE you going to do with Paul then?” Dawn spoke, her eyes narrowing.
Prima Dona turned to smile at her innocently. “Oh, nothing much, my dear. He won’t be any more use to me, so I’ll just have to kill him off, just like what I’m going to do with someone else who used to mean something to me, but now no longer is.” She let her gaze fall on Barry, and her grip tightened on his shoulder, making Barry wince. It was like having the most painful massage. She was strong enough to simply pinch his shoulder off. “You know what I do to those who aren’t any good to me like they used to be. I either kill them and send them to the Black Hole…” she leaned closer to Barry’s ear. “….or I eat them up—consume their foolish souls and let it find its way into the dark magic towards the Black Hole.”
Barry felt a cold shiver run down his spine. He cast a glance at Dawn, who was looking scared and tensed, standing there by the three messengers side
Prima Dona chuckled creepily. “Fool,” she muttered. He felt her cold breath on his cheek. “You were stupid to think you could just overtake me just because you kids were part of the prophecy, and you had that frail old girl with you. I have defeated her, and now I just need to finish off the rest of you. I will kill you, Barry, right in front of the eyes of your REAL angel-mate. Then I will kill her afterwards. The little fire pokemon can watch with despair before he gets killed himself, too.”
Suddenly, baby Dovanna flew forwards and blasted a light at Prima Dona’s cheek, making her stumble sideways and finally let go of Barry. The three messengers hovered higher in the air, glowing and ready to attack.
In front of Barry, Lucas and Chimchar were burning and ready to shoot out flames.
But suddenly, Prima Dona shot up and pointed forwards with an angry-struck look on her face. “AGHH! THERE! STOP THAT BIRD!”
Baby Dovanna was fluttering away, heading down the beach towards the direction where Kaira had gone, cooing desperately.
Instantly, Prima Dona rose and sprang forward, chasing after the pokemon. “Get back here, you little runty chicken! I’ll pluck your feathers! I’ll kill you!”
“No! Lucas! Chibu! After her!” Dawn cried, dashing forwards to help the dove pokemon.
But as soon as the three messengers darted forward, a huge wave suddenly rose to their side, and Prima Dona’s shiny Milotic rose its head once and fell backwards in the water, causing the wave to fall upon them all.
Barry woke up coughing and soaking wet. “Bleh! Dawn!” He shot up, looking around, and realized Prima Dona and Dovanna were nowhere to be seen. The three messengers were scattered in the sky above them, and Lucas and Chimchar were shaking their smoking furs, deeply affected by the water.
“Oh, guys!” Barry dashed over towards the two to help them up. But Lucas suddenly lashed out a paw to give a hurtful swat at Barry’s hand, retaliating with a dangerous growl. Barry flinched and lifted his hand away. “Lucas?” Had Lucas himself really snapped at him like that?
Dawn was coughing from behind. Barry turned to see her getting up and rubbing her eyes from some sand that had splashed out her. she still looked dazzlingly pretty when she was bitterly cold and wet, but Barry tried to control his feelings and speak to her carefully.
“Dawn…” he walked up to her side. “We….we should all go after Prima Dona…we have to help Kaira.”
Dawn let out a loud cough and glared at Barry. “Help her?! She’s utterly defeated! She CAN’T be helped! Didn’t you hear what Prima Dona just said?!”
Barry flinched. “I—I know that! we’ve destroyed her….”
“YOU’VE destroyed her!” Snapped Dawn, yanking a piece of seaweed down from her hair. Her expression was angry and spiteful. “Why did you have to do that to me?! Because of YOU, you made it BOTH our faults that Kaira’s fallen down the emo trail again! and this time, she’s fallen back waaaay more farther than she has ever had!”
“I already understand that!” Barry protested, taken aback by Dawn’s raging tone. “But we can still help her! we can show her how much we care about her, and save her from those pirates! We can restore her love all over again—and quickly too!”
Dawn rolled her eyes. “What are you going to do? Give her a simple kiss on the lips like you just did to me? I don’t think so! You don’t just love someone for the heck of it, and then forget about it afterwards!”
Barry’s heart leaped, realizing she was referring to what he had just done to Dawn as well. By making Dawn feel that way about him, he had not only betrayed Kaira, but he had let down Dawn at the same time, knowing it was wrong to even start a relationship like that with her. he suddenly felt bitterly confused and felt like letting the waves soak him up.
“Chii….” The three messengers lowered down, looking sad as they gazed at Dawn and Barry. Lucas and Chimchar were watching, their tails glowing with intent. Lucas’s eyes were a disdainful sadness.
Dawn was shaking her head. “I’m sorry, Barry,” she said, not sounding at all sorry. “But obviously, you’re the unwatned one of this group—and NOW I see why. What Prima Dona said was true. You really DID go out there to catch Mesprit, didn’t you? you really did mess with the balance of emotions, letting Prima Dona mess with Kaira’s feelings in the first place. And now, you’ve arrived in the very dimension you’ve disrupted, so that you can be punished—by the element of ice.”
Barry held his breath with disbelief, and took a step back. He wanted to say something, but he was utterly speechless.
dawn turned away, looking ahead of them towards the north where Kaira, baby Dovanna, and Prima Dona disappeared. “I don’t know about you…..but I’m going to find Paul. He’s someone who’s really dedicated into the whole prophecy more than we know. He and I can continue our journey north, to find Phandolia at its mountain, and ask it for help with Kaira.” She turned to Lucas and Chimchar. “Lucas, we’ll need you too. You are still part of the prophecy, and we need all three beings to be at Phandolia’s mountain. Together, we can find a way to help Kaira once we get there, for we need her most of all besides just us alone.”
Lucas looked at her with his mournful Infernape eyes, and stepped towards her. but suddenly, Chimchar jumped up and down….crying out angry snaps. “Chi-him! Chiiiim!”
Dawn and Barry looked at the pokemon. “Chimchar?” Dawn spoke. “You’re more than welcome to come too--”
“CHIIIM!” Chimchar turned to face Dawn with a glare, and blew out a huff of fsmoke towards her.
Dawn ducked in surprise and the smoke distilled in the air behind her.
Barry looked at the Chimchar in surprise. Chibo hovered next to his ear. “It’s angry about Dawn for ever ruining Kaira’s chances of loving you.” It spoke sadly.
Barry felt his face burn hotly and he clenched his fists with frustration.
Dawn sighed and backed away. Lucas was giving her a sorry look, and backed away to join Chimchar’s side.
Dawn gave Lucas a saddened look. “Okay then,” she murmured. “I…I guess I understand. I will be heading north….if you need me.” And she was off, running towards the northen direction by the waves, leaving footprints in the wet sand behind her.
“Chi!” Chiba suddenly flinched and hurried after Dawn. “Chiiii!”
“Where’s Chiba going?” Barry asked in his thoughts, for he felt like that was the only way he could speak with enough strength,
“I…I guess Chiba’s gone to look after Dawn, and make sure she’s protected. Remember that the messengers had been sent to the different dimensions to seek the missing Dovanna, and find the three beings to protect them.”
Barry just sighed. it seemed so long ago.
Chimchar growled and hissed after Dawn, and then ran into the woods behind the cliff. Lucas followed after him.
As Barry watched them go, he felt a lonely tremor of defeat inside him. the beach was quiet, and he was sure the Solar grunts were all gone and dispersed, with the pirates setting out to sea—with Kaira.
Barry had no one but Chibo and Chibu above him. he didn’t speak to even Chibo. He felt entirely alone. He suddenly looked up towards the north. “I will find Prima Dona,” he said in his thoughts. “I will find her….and defeat the likes of that lady so she’ll never bother Kaira again. That way, we can fulfill our prophecy without the likes of her.”
Chibo looked at him with uncertainty, and whimpered. Barry looked up at his heart-bonded friend. “You’ll come with me, won’t you? I….I may not be one of the three, but I still need looking after.” And Barry knew that if he was to die soon over the element of ice as his punishment, he still wanted to accomplish one more thing before he was gone.
“Of course I will,” replied Chibo in its small voice.
Barry walked on forwards with the blue pokemon above him.
But behind him, Chibu remained hovering in its spot, looking out ahead with a worried look in its head. It thought of Kaira, trying to communicate with the friend it was meant to heart-bond with. “Chi……” Chibu remained silent as it watched the sun set.

Lucas followed Chimchar through the woods. “Hey, where do you think you’re going?” He hissed through the dark shadows. “We can’t just run away from Dawn and the others just like that!”
“What others?!” Yelled Chimchar. “Kaira’s gone…and Barry’s just no use to us. Paul is out there with Dionza somewhere, and Dawn’s already gone off to find him. We can try to help those psychic pokemon that have lost their home because of Kaira and Barry.”
Lucas narrowed his eyes and growled. “Hey! It was NOT at all Kaira and Barry’s fault that the garden is destroyed. That was all because of Prima Dona! She destroys everything!”
Chimchar stopped in his tracks and faced Chimchar with an angry look. “Fine then! Go do what you want! If you wanna follow that stupid Dawn and let her so-called ‘influence’ drive you crazy like it has already done with both Barry and Kaira, go ahead! I’m going to find Gardevoir, and try to help it find its garden.”
Lucas huffed. “How are you going to FIND it? It’s destroyed! There’s nothing you can do! The pokemon will just have to live in the real world and go along with time like regular pokemon.”
“It’s not fair to them! I’ll find a way, and I’m not makin’ ya come with me if you don’t want to.” And Chimchar took off into the woods, disappearing behind the bushes and into the shadows.
As Lucas watched him go, he felt a strange saddening feeling. He’ll be back, Lucas thought. Chimchar always seemed to show up at the right moment, whenever they all needed him. But then Lucas blinked, thinking. Would they ever even need Chimchar again? Lucas felt torn apart and lost. Kaira probably gone out at sea, captured and locked away from contact with any of them, while Dawn was out on her own, searching for Paul. Lucas felt like their quest had come to a fail. They had all split apart, and there was nothing they could do, especially without Kaira anymore. He sighed and let out a lonely call of an Infernape.

Paul ventured through the lonely mountains. He had snuck away from Dionza with a sickening feeling. Just earlier, the Solar grunt had taken him with her to a strange cave up in the Yonga mountains where she had told him all her creepy feelings for him, and how she wanted nothing more than for her to be the next commander over Team Solar, with Paul at her side. Prima Dona didn’t want him anymore, and she was planning on doing nothing more than to get rid of him since he was useless to her now, but Dionza herself told him she was still fond for him. She still wanted him to be part of them, and she wanted to one day be the next most important leader of Team Solar under Prima Dona’s command, and have Paul at her side.
“We could even make children,” she had said in an intriguing tone when they were both at the cave. “Imagine that, you and I. for you are born of the first dimension of this very planet from earth, and I am a mere aura of matter created to follow after the darkness of Prima Dona. The two of us can make pretty interesting little half-borns…”
Paul had been haunted by the thought. He was no longer in love with her, and he wanted nothing more than to get away from this woman—to get away from Team Solar and never see their faces again. After they had both slept for the night, he had cut himself with his dagger, leaving his clothes plastered with blood by Dionza’s side. He had worn his own clothes once again, and finally, in such a long time, he was dressed back in his formal outfit like he had been back in Sinnoh. He no longer looked like a Team Solar grunt. He had abandoned them, and left them to fend for themselves in the turmoil of the strange region.
He traveled up higher into the Yonga mountains, and suddenly felt the strange feeling of someone watching him.
But then he felt the darkness in his heart suddenly lighten up at the sense of a familiar presence.
He slowly turned and met the coming figure of Dawn.
“Paul…” Dawn was walking up through the snow with her scarf and pink jacket wrapped around her. Hovering above, was a pokemon Paul had feared since his first arrival. It was a small, football shaped pokemon with a red glowing color and button eyes.
Paul gasped and put an arm on Dawn’s shoulder, gazing at the pokemon above. “The devil Chiba…?”
“No, Paul. Don’t worry,” Dawn slightly chuckled. “It’s not the devil Chiba. Can’t you see the difference? It’s the angel messenger of Dalyah. The good Chiba. It has returned from the Black Hole that Prima Dona had sent it to long ago. It’s finally reunited with its messengers.”
And the little pokemon smiled cutely and glowed brighter. “Chiiii!”
Paul realized that it had a glowing halo above its head, rather than the two small devil horns that devil Chiba had. It also looked more vibrant and happy when he looked at it, and Paul suddenly felt comfortable with the presence of both Dawn and the angel messenger.
Paul gazed down at Dawn’s eyes with happiness. “Dawn…..you made it all the way up here already? I…I have left Team Solar. I’ve turned my back on their dark ways, for I’ve made a better choice like you said. I’ve let the real light shine through my heart.”
Dawn smiled and then blinked, suddenly looking troubled. “That’s great…..but there’s still so much more trouble to be dealt with. It’s horrible. Prima Dona has revealed the secret that Barry has kept—a secret that Lucas or I didn’t even know of!” And Dawn told Paul of everything that had happened by the beach of Crestfall City, where Kaira had witnessed Barry and her kiss, and how Prima Dona had let the pirates take her away with them to be confined to the Black Hole on Dark Raven Island.
Paul listened with intent and then finally spoke. “Kaira’s gone….that Barry is….a traitor.” He narrowed his eyes.
Dawn sighed. “Oh Paul, he’s not a traitor but….he’s made the biggest mistakes. Now it makes sense for this dimension to want to punish him. He’s…he’s messed up the ways of the worlds and it’s even gone all the way back to Dovanna’s disappearance.”
Chiba’s expression saddened. “Chi…”
Paul could see how much Dawn was affected by this. He wasn’t angered by the kiss Barry had given her, but he was extremely angered by the consequences that it had caused. He put a hand on her cheek. “Dawn…we can still go on. We can still find a way to help Kaira.”
Dawn huffed. “That’s just what Barry said. But…I just didn’t want to believe him and stick around him any longer. I just couldn’t tolerate everything that had just happened….”
Paul blinked slowly and looked to the distance ahead of them. The mountains loomed higher and he suddenly felt a strange feeling of darkness ahead. He could tell it. Prima Dona was probably out there, or the devil messengers.
Paul and Dawn looked at each other. “We must go to Phandolia’s mountain,” said Paul carefully. “Whether the prophecy has been disturbed or not, we must still seek the pokemon of goodness. Phandolia can help us, and somehow, we may be able to find a way to help Kaira. We must go, Dawn. We must try to find our way to the mountain of Phandolia in the region of Zan-Quin.”
Dawn looked ahead of them. Zan-Quin would just be over the Yonga mountains they ventured upon. “Okay then,” she said with a nod. “But…what about Lucas? And….Barry? I….I can’t just leave them…”
Paul looked at her. “Well….it’s up to them to choose their paths now. For now, we should just focus on finding a way for our own problems. There really isn’t a point in getting involved with what everyone else is going through now….it really means nothing without the aid of Kaira and baby Dovanna.”
Dawn sighed and Chiba hovered over them. “Chi…” the pokemon was looking up hopefully at the starry sky.
Paul and Dawn stood there, holding hands, ready to venture out to the path ahead of them. They had each other, and the element of light and dark both touched, causing a brightening glow on Chiba above.

Lucas ran through the woods, not knowing where he was headed. He was confused, and he had no idea what his life would mean next. What could he do now? The prophecy had failed, and they had lost Dovanna. His presence to be this stupid pokemon of fire was pretty much useless now. He didn’t know what he could do.
Suddenly, there was a glow around him as he ran. Lucas winced, and then suddenly stopped in his tracks.
“Who’s there?” He growled angrily, not feeling like a pokemon battle at the moment.
“Lucas…. it’s me,” a small voice sounded around him, and Chibu suddenly appeared from the trees.
Lucas raised his eyes with hope. “Oh, Chibu--!” But then his gaze faltered. The Chibu was smiling deviously, and it had no halo. This wasn’t the Chibu that aided Kaira. This was the devil Chibu, messenger of Ultramaur.

Just a distance away from the beach of Crestfall, near the landform of the Askip region, a large pirate ship set out at sail, heading towards the dark, uninviting clouds ahead. The captain of the crew, Captain Bron, sailed the ship with a determined look in his eyes. His left eye was covered by an eyepatch, and his right shoulder contained a ruffled old Chatot that noisily squawked through each blow of wind.
Kaira was locked in the dungeons of the bottom deck of the ship, feeling shattered and lost from her world, from the dimension, lost from any place there was in the entire universe of space and time. She didn’t know what to think, and she couldn’t remember anything at the moment, except the terrible scene that flashed through her mind. The scene of Barry and Dawn, happily in love and kissing each other.
A strange voice would call in her head at times, a strangely familiar voice that she had once looked up to, but now that no longer mattered to her, and she just pushed it away, allowing herself to befall the darkness that had overtaken her heart.
She was barely aware of her surroundings, and she barely knew she was being taken against her will. At times, the filthy pirates would come and speak to her, yelling at her in their dirty, crude, spiteful tones. But Kaira was too lost to even notice or understand what they had been trying to say. For days, she had been unable to speak, unable to understand anything going on around her. she lay in her cell, staring out into space at the dirty ceiling above, her mind spinning and letting itself go, her heart barely beating and slowly seeming to shrink with shock and sadness.
The pirate that she almost noticed over anyone else was Trevor, for he had been the one to have visited her most often, teasing her with rude remarks and comments, knowing she was too frail to answer him. After a while, Kaira became so insignificant and unresponsive to the pirates’ remarks that most of them finally stopped bugging her altogether. But Trevor was the only one to still come and tease. He seemed to just enjoy sticking around her presence, whether she noticed him or not.
The pirates never tended to feed her, but she didn’t care. She wouldn’t even accept the little scraps of food they had thrown at her, and for many suns, she lay there in her cell, still as a dead body, lost as a newborn baby.
One day, Kaira felt a strange disturbance around her as the pirates in the ship all seemed to uprise and create a strange riot above. Kaira didn’t care whatever was the problem going on around her, but suddenly, a strange, warm rush of energy seemed to flow through her veins.
“Aye!” Cried the captain. “It be the filthy pokemon of the dove girl!”
And suddenly, sure enough, there was baby Dovanna, flying in towards the ship through the windy, chilly air that surrounded the ship over the treacherous ocean. They were far into the sea by now, and had reached the region of Thelmer, an oceanic region that populated either underwater below, or the scattered islands above. But baby Dovanna had arrived, following Kaira’s light of her heart, or at least what had been left of it. the pokemon had traced her spirit, and had finally caught up to her upon the ship in the middle of the sea, but if the pokemon would describe it, it would’ve mentioned how vague and faded it had been to try and read Kaira’s aura from far away.
Kaira felt her baby Dovanna’s presence, and felt the rush of slight, warming energy as she slowly rose to sit up.
A low growl suddenly sounded from behind her and Kaira turned with a dazed, cautious look in her green eyes—which had become so faded and pale that they almost looked gray and sickly. There, behind her cell, was a small, twitchy little rodent pokemon with erect brown ears and smooth tan fur. It had large friendly eyes, though being locked in the dungeons of the pirate ship, the pokemon obviously looked scared and nervous. To its left stood a tall female human, though at the same time, it looked like some aquatic pokemon creature that was part human. A giinka, was what would’ve popped into Kaira’s head, but her mind was so clouded that she didn’t even think of anything or recognize a single feature on the creatures before her.
The giinka spoke to her. “Dear girl….you’ve finally seemed to have awakened?”
Kaira said nothing. She didn’t even remember how to speak, but the presence of baby Dovanna was suddenly overcoming her. the pokemon above was trying to dodge the shots and attacks from the nasty pirates on the ship, but at the same time, it tried to adhere the power of light and spirit into Kaira and help her recover.
Kaira slowly felt her heart slowly coming back to her.
“Kaira….” Her voice was a strange, audible tone, and her eyes didn’t blink as she stared right at the blue giinka.
The giinka raised her eyebrows. “Oh…is that your name? I have heard of you. I hear the prophecy has slowly been coming true lately, and that Dovanna has returned—though in a form of a powerless human. It travels with three earth beings and its own hatchling, does it not?”
Kaira said nothing. She didn’t understand what this creature was talking about, and she felt like she had just been woken from a dream that had taken her a thousand years. Her mind was as vague as the clouds above their sailing ship.
The rodent pokemon squeaked a small cry and shivered next to the giinka, looking concerned at Kaira.
The giinka spoke in a careful, smooth tone. “Do you remember a thing? Or have the pirates been so nasty lately that they have brainwashed your mind. Do you remember any of your past? How you made it here, to the planet of Gaiyah, fifth dimension of the world earth, where you were supposed to be the pokemon Dovanna, the very pokemon to summon love and keep the balance of goodness with Phandolia? The very pokemon that would be the aid of Dalyah so that the prophecy can come true and recreate Gaiyah itself again? the force of matter in the dimensions, along with the force of nature and time…..do you remember anything of interacting with the sort?”
Kaira’s mind was spinning. She suddenly felt as if she were almost able to recall something very important, though it was pushed somewhere in the back of her mind and unable to find its way out.
At last the giinka’s eyes flashed, looking deep into Kaira’s. “The earth beings—do you not remember? The element of fire—Lucas the changeling Infernape. The element of darkness—Paul, the traitorous Solar grunt. And the element of light—Dawn, the angelic figure of the dimension.”
The names…..Kaira felt as if they had once played a big part in her heart once before, and had had a significance in her life.
A crash sounded from the upper deck, for a pirate had fallen to the ground from one of baby Dovanna’s defending attacks.
The giinka spoke with intent. It had heard of the stories being passed around the regions, of the presence of earth beings from another dimension, finally coming in contact with their world, finally making their way to the north, traveling with the very pokemon Dovanna itself.
“And Barry,” spoke giinka, remember the name of the real unwanted traitor of the group, the one who had finally entered the dimension in which he corrupted, coming to accept his punishment through the element. “Barry—the one who played with the balance and messed up the dimensions….the one who is the main cause of why you are even in the state that you were…..and are….”
Barry. At last, the name clicked into Kaira’s brain. Barry. First, it was like a familiar name in her mind, then it became the familiar person she had once loved, and then it flourished into memories of all she had been through with Barry himself, starting from when she had first met him in Sinnoh, to when he had last betrayed her before her eyes.
A crash suddenly came from behind, and Trevor had fallen down the cell with a mangy looking Stoutland and the baby Dovanna that was in its mouth.
Baby Dovanna twisted free from the Stoutland’s mouth, giving it a sharp peck with its dagger-sharp beak, and then flew over through the cell bars, landing on Kaira’s head, and nestling on her brittle hair, glowing with bright whiteness.
And finally, the rest of the names seemed to flow through Kaira’s brain. Lucas. Paul. Dawn….
She finally recalled everything ofher journey, who she was, and what had happened to her. it was only a few moments until she realized where she exactly was, and who she was staring at.
“Oh….” Kaira breathed wondrously. In front of her was the giinka of a Vaporeon, a mere human figure with smooth pale skin and calm blue eyes, with navy blue hair and blue fins appearing from either side of her head. She had a suit wrapped around her like a one-piece, and her long, slender legs were bare. Her tail was like a mermaid’s, and arched out from behind, resembling that of a Vaporeon’s.
The rodent-like pokemon next to her was a Victini, one she had never seen before.
“Arghh!” Trevor’s yell snapped her out of her thoughts and baby Dovanna cooed angrily as it shifted on her head, glaring at the pirate behind them.
Kaira turned to gaze at the pirate that made his way up to her cell with a nasty glare.
“Eh! So, you’ve finally stopped daydreaming! Hehe, we should be reaching our destination in about another week or so, depending on this damned weather!”
Next to him, his Stoutland was burning up and growling with intensity at Kaira, and the baby Dovanna on her head.
Kaira stared at Trevor blankly, not knowing what to think.
Trevor suddenly reached in and grabbed Kaira’s chin, smiling deviously. “Happy to see your little birdie? Try to have as much fun as you can with it before Cap’tn Bron cooks it up for our next meal!”
Kaira blinked, and felt baby Dovanna’s annoyance at the pirate. She frowned and flinched away from the pirate’s grasp, giving him an unfriendly frown. She didn’t remember ever liking this guy.
Trevor raised his eyebrows. “Oh? A little grumpy from your wakey? Haha! I’ll see to having Captain Bron let ya outta yer cell for a while. It’s time we give you chances to checkin’ out our ship! We’re way too far in the ocean for you to try and do anything now.”
With that, Trevor gave her a smooch from his distance, and then turned to head up the deck with his Stoutland.
Kaira watched them go, feeling a disgusting feeling well up inside her.
“Queee!” Victini gave an angry chatter after them.
“Oh dear, I’m so sorry you had to get caught up into this,” said the giinka.
Kaira turned with a clouded look. “Please….can you tell me? Who are you? how…..what’s happened to me?”
The giinka looked at her with a crestfallen expression. “My name is Verdana. I am a human giinka of a Vaporeon…..and I’m sorry, but I have no idea of what your recent past has been like since you came here. but I have traveled far and wide along the seas of the world, and I have heard many stories and rumors of what has come of you. I know you are the pokemon Dovanna itself, but you are weakened from love and can never feel its power again. but I have heard that you were traveling north with the three beings of the elements, the three beings that are said to aid you in the bringing of Gaiyah. You have been shattered, by the looks of it. I can see that something has disrupted you….and I could predict that it has been done by no other than Prima Dona herself.”
Prima Dona. The name brought back to her such terrible visions. Kaira felt weakened just by the sound of it. “I….I guess it has…..I’m sorry, I don’t seem to recall much of anything either—nor do I even care.”
Kaira turned away with a sorrowful look. baby Dovanna tweeted above her head. “Dou?” it looked at her hopefully, trying to get her to feel the happiness she had used to fell whenever it was around her.
“Quiii,” the Victini tilted its head, giving Kaira a curious look.
“Oh….but don’t give up hope,” said Verdana. “You must have faith, for you are Dovanna itself. You play a big part in this prophecy.”
Kaira was slowly shaking her head. “I am nothing to the world now. I couldn’t feel the feelings I used to feel when I was myself. I’m destroyed, and there’s nothing you can do to heal me.” Her voice suddenly spoke with venom. “I’ve been betrayed, and I will not forgive of that. I will never love again.”
Kaira had been taken up to the deck of the ship to work as a slave for the pirates. Since Captain Bron had seen how much better she had recovered from the presence of baby Dovanna, he had decided to put her to work and let her become like their little servant to help clean u pafter the pirates’ mess. He thought that it would keep her busy, and keep her mind off of venturing out into space again, and regaining her lost sense of trance again.
So Kaira reluctantly obeyed, not caring what happened to her. She had been close to finding true love, ever so close to finding what it felt like to love again and be loved back, but then it had all been taken away from her. Barry had betrayed her, and nothing else in the world mattered to her. she let herself be forced to work, let herself be spat at and taunted by the rowdy pirates of the ship.
For weeks, Kaira had become so humiliated and angered by the work she was put at as a slave, haunted by her stupid past and desire to never find hope again. She soon began to realize and believe that the world was an unfair place, full of terrible things that would always bite at you and make you feel sorry for ever existing. She hated the pirates around her, and she hated the way she was being treated. She worked on and cleaned up after the messy crew, cursing under her breath and keeping a straight glare on her face through the whole day. Sometimes she didn’t even get any sleep, going through full days without ever resting or leaving the company of the crude, nasty pirates, though she was so caught up in her anger and stress that she didn’t even notice.
Verdana and Victini watched her being put to work with worry in their eyes. Baby Dovanna even tried desperately to keep by her side and accompany her during her work, trying to keep her from feeling any worse when the pirates stuck around her. But eventually, Kaira began to drift further and further away, her spirit slowly being torn apart from the brightness that she possessed in her, and soon, baby Dovanna even began to see Kaira’s soul was being shattered to a mere, unhappy and hateful soul. Kaira had taught herself to stay tough and hotheaded around the pirates. They had spitted, teased, and nagged at her throughout the days she had to spend around them. especially Trevor, who would flirt and tease her, pinching at her sides and giving her admiring grins. Kaira soon became raged and distressed that she eventually became as rowdy as the pirates, fighting back and shouting spiteful comments back at the pirates’ stupid behavior towards her.
Baby Dovanna was being kept under guard by the Captain and his rotten Chatot, but the little pokemon still watched with shock as Kaira constantly got into fights with the pirates, even physical fights that got her bruised and even scarred.
The pirates became surprised at how much tougher Kaira had become. Trevor especially, was noticing Kaira’s new behavior and aggression towards everyone—and he was liking it. he liked to see the way Kaira screamed and complained at the mistakes she made when trying to clean off the deck, or try and organize certain parts of the ship. She cursed and yelled as she was put to work on the coldest days, shouting to the sky and cursing herself for ever existing.
And that didn’t even stop the pirates from following her around. they still bugged her and annoyed her with jokes and sneers, though now they looked to her as a new figure to tease.
One day, a pirate named Grutch came up to her with Trevor and his two brothers at his side, smiling wickedly at Kaira as she was hanging up a net of recently caught Magikarp. Her clothes were ragged and wet, for she hadn’t even changed them once since the moment she had first arrived on this ship. Her face was dirty and her hair was tangled and brittle, looking ready to fall off her head with a single pull.
“Ay, there, maid slave!” Grunted Grutch with a snicker. “How ya doin’ hangin’ those fish? Betah you love the smell of dead pokemon lingering in that mighty fine hair of yers!”
Kaira turned her head to glare at him. “Oh yes, I do love the smell of death. Reminds me of you especially!”
Trevor crossed his arms and swaggered up to her and gave her a pinch on her bony hip as she bent over.
“Ach!” Kaira screamed and shot up.
Trevor laughed. “Hey, the boys are challenging me to a game of strip poker! Come on! We just HAVE to force you to play!”
Kaira turned with a sarcastic smile on her face. “Oh, strip poker, is it? why don’t we just play truth or dare, so someone can dare me to kiss your filthy ass and whoop your stupid head off with your own sword?!” Instantly, Kaira swatted her arm at Trevor’s face, her eyes watering through her glare at the hard collision with the pirate’s dirty face. Trevor fell over and hit his head on the bucket that contained the guts of the Magikarp that Kaira had cut out.
Grutch and his two brothers stared down at Trevor with astonishment. “Ooh,” they all murmured. They turned to Kaira with a raised smile on their faces.
Kaira glared down at Trevor as he groaned and cursed with disgust as he lifted his head from the bucket and threw off the guts from his face. Kaira rolled her eyes and gave him a sharp kick on the butt with her dirty bare foot. “Hah! You still thinking of having me play strip poker?”
“Oh, yes!” Cackled Maxwell, the blonde brother of Grutch. “Hehe! I swear, Kaira! If you play, I’ll owe you some diamonds I found five years ago! Diamonds ARE a girl’s best friend, ain’t that right?”
Kaira turned to Maxwell with a raised look. “Diamonds?”
Huttson, the tall, darker-haired brother, nodded with a grimace. “Maxie’s been savin’ up some pretty precious tidbits in the past few years! He’s been aiming to get a girl to join the crew and become his own female matey!”
Kaira gave him a narrowed look and crossed her arms. “Hmm….diamonds, huh? How ‘bout gold? Or anything else that--”
“Hey, hey!” Trevor stood up with a scornful look in his eyes. “Now, Maxwell’s just a player! He ain’t got no gold or jewelry! Why, I’ve been savin’ up treasures that the queen of England would love to buy from me!”
The pirates immediately started cracking up obnoxiously and Grutch gave Trevor a rude shove. “Man, Trevor, you ain’t got a single penny to spare as a peasant! Trust me, gal! Trevor is as poor as the dead Magikarp in your hand! AHAHAHA!” They all continued to laugh at Trevor, who was turning red with irritation and humiliation.
Kaira glared at them and looked at the poor Magikarp in her hand. she gave a scowl at it and threw it at Grutch’s face with a strong toss, making the bulky pirate nearly fall back. “Oh, shut up! Sheesh, you guys are nothing but douches. Tell ya what!” Kaira gave a wicked grin, showing her dirty, uncleaned teeth that almost looked as worse as the pirates.’ “I’ll play strip poker with you assholes, and anyone who loses to me owes me a lifetime supply of gold! Whether they have it or not, they’re going to have to owe me every bit of treasure they find, and then maybe I’ll even be their next hook-up for the rest of the year!”
The pirates all started shouting with agreement. Trevor, who was still rash and angry, started to look hopeful. Grutch gave his brothers hard shoves. “Meh! I’ll bet you all I’ll win this round! Nobody beats me at strip poker!”
“Nobody but a girl!” Maxwell shot back.
“Hah!” Kaira pushed a strand of her hair back. “Puh-lease! I am no girl. I’m a mere pokemon born of garbage and fish guts, and I have risen from the sea to torture you all with female desire.” She spoke in a sassy sarcastic tone, which made the pirates gleam their eyes at her.
Trevor snickered and made his way up to her side as she turned to continue hanging the Magikarp. He put his hand on her shoulder. “Hey! if you’re born from some sea garbage or Wailord poop, you’ve made a mighty fine role model for all of us!”
The other pirates yelled in agreement.
Kaira whacked his hand off her shoulder. “Huh! I’d take over as a role model for you guys any day. You guys aren’t even close to being as disgusting as I can picture you to be.” She turned to give him an intriguing look in her pale green eyes.
That night, the wind was cold and chilly. The crew of pirates played strip poker in the bottom deck, nearby the cells where Verdana and Victini were locked in.
At last, Kaira had played her turn, and she ended up having to lose.
“Ohhh! Ye gotta strip, Kaira, mah girl!” Said a pirate.
Kaira threw her cars down and yelled a curse word. Verdana watched with distress and horror.
“What is she becoming?” She hissed, shaking her head with disbelief. The pirates were turning her into some kind of slut, and Kaira herself seemed to have forgotten everything that was meant to be her.
Trevor put an arm around her. “It’s okay, treasure girl! I’ll do it with you if ya want!”
The pirates all started laughing and cheering them on, but Kaira pushed Trevor away and stood up. she took an eye patch that she had hidden in her chest. “See this? I bet Captain Bron keeps a number of these in his chamber, whether they do any use for him!” She put the eyepatch on and the pirates gave a caterwauling cheer, calling her sexy names at how they admired her look in that eyepatch. Just as Kaira was prepared, there was a loud yell from above, followed by the annoying screech of a Chatot.
The upper deck shook, and Captain Bron stomped in with Chatot on his left shoulder, and baby Dovanna on his right, looking reluctant and saddened. Captain Bron’s one eye looked pissed at the sight of seeing his crew messing around under hear. “Arghh! What are you mangy slobs doing?! Git your asses on the deck! I don’t care if the whole night rains the ship away! no one but the girl and the prisoners are allowed in the bottom deck!”
Before the Captain could show anymore signs of his anger, the pirates all herded their way out, and before Trevor left, he turned back to Kaira with an intent look. Kaira glared at him. “What?!”
“Trevor!” The captain’s yell made him flinch and turn away, heading up the deck.
As soon as everyone was gone, the captain faced Kaira across the room with a glare. Baby Dovanna was looking at Kaira with a longing look, but Kaira didn’t even bother to look at the bird.
“What er ya doin’ with that on your eye?” Growled the Captain.
Kaira shrugged. “ I dunno. Thought it was junk you threw out from your chamber.”
“Take it off! Makes you look like a whore!”
Kaira tore the eyepatch of her face, and threw it in the fireplace that burned next to her.
The captain said nothing as he grumbled and made his way out of the deck. Baby Dovanna cooed with a mourning tone as it gave Kaira one last look before Born banged the door shut as he exited.
Kaira made her way to sit by her cell to silently curse in her mind. She kicked at broken glasses of beer that the pirates had left, imagining they were pieces of their bodies broken and stepped on.
Verdana was giving her a hard stare. “Kaira! Haven’t you realized what you’re doing?”
“What? Giving the pirates a hard time in strip poker and to play by those stupid rules? There ARE no rules when you’re stuck in a cruddy old ship in the middle of freakin’ nowhere.”
“Kaira……you’re not like this. You’re the pokemon Dovanna. You’re not one of them.”
“No, Verdana,” said Kaira menacingly, standing up to glare at the giinka, face to face. “I am no so-called love pokemon. That B.S. is nothing to me. I’ve been through it once before, and then it turned on me and left me just like that. I come from a more complex source of matter. Maybe I was never meant to love! Perhaps that why it was taken away from me so easily! I’m not meant to be the love pokemon!”
Verdana gasped. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Kaira, you have a destiny to fulfill, and you’re letting it slip pass you like a Feebas in a person’s hands.”
“No,” Kaira replied angrily. Her eyes were gleaming, narrowed slits. “I am no love pokemon. I was never born from the matter of love. As far as I’m concerned, I probably have no real past, and that I was probably raised as a baby upon this ship since birth. These pirates must have found me, long ago, and have kidnapped me as a baby. They must have raised me and taught me to become as filthy as they, so I can become like their own female stripper for entertainment on this ship.” Kaira’s mind was flashing into everything the pirates had taunted her with, calling her names and referring to her as their own little treasure they have finally found and created for entertainment. And out of this constant jeering and taunts, Kaira looked to it as if she had been raised on this terrible ship all her life, living up to the stupid potential she had in this pirate ship. Everything about her past—was forgotten again. “I am no Dovanna. I am treasure, a mere figure of gold for these pirates, and I have always been born and raised on this ship—as a pirate girl.”

Barry trudged along the path ahead of him. A dark shadow high in the sky, towards the south, seemed to stay in its place and keep its same distance from Barry every time he neared it. He was pretty sure that the shadow was Prima Dona, for every time he stared up at the patch of darkness, he felt a strange, ominous feeling that crept him out like a dreadful nightmare.
He was bound to follow Prima Dona, and once he caught up to her, he would defeat her with his power of heart-bond. No one but Chibo accompanied him, just a few feet above his head, guiding him on.
“I bet Prima Dona’s headed towards the south, back to her birthplace,” said Barry to Chibo, speaking in his thoughts. “She’s probably bound to await her reconcile of dark power when Ultramaur is summoned on Dark Raven Island.”
“Chii….” Said Chibo out loud. It replied to him in his thoughts. “Yes, Dark Raven Island is not much further away from the very mountain where Prima Dona had been born. And because that was the very place Prima Dona’s body had formed from her dark spirit of magic and matter, she wants to be there to await Ultramaur once the pirates summon it from the island, where it can arise and make its way to seek her, and give her unimaginable power of darkness to conquer the planet with it. she’ll be the devil pokemon’s greatest ally, and almost nothing will stop her.”
“Yes, of course there will be something to stop her!” Said Barry with determination. “Kaira is still out there…..and whether she is with the pirates or not, she can still find a way. she may have lost her love, but she can find a way to return it back again, so that she can become Dovanna again. she was so close to loving, and she can find her way to become as close again.”
As he spoke the thought through his head, Barry felt a tremor of guilt and regret. Anger pierced his heart, and he was bitterly ashamed of himself. It was all his fault. He had been the reason why Kaira had come to feel so hollow and emotional when she had arrived at Twinleaf, and he was the reason why she had turned her back on them and become in an even worse state again. barry had never meant for such things to happen, but they had. And now, he could feel his time coming to an end. sooner or later, this world was going to punish him for what he had done. He had messed with the Balance of Emotions, and it had affected this dimension deeper than he would’ve thought. And when Kaira had gotten so close to loving him and feeling the need to become Dovanna once again, he had soiled it. She had lost all her senses yet again, and it was all his fault. Barry would never forgive himself, and the rest of the world probably wouldn’t either. Dawn and Lucas had already run away from him, and not even Dawn wanted to be around him.
Barry looked ahead of him with a deep intent in his clouded eyes. “I’m such a lost cause.” He said to himself. “Why? Why have I done such stupid things? WHY must it have been ME to have accidently done these unwanted causes? Why?!”
He kicked at the snow as he stomped on, tears streaming down his cheeks.
“Chiii?” Chibo looked down at Barry with a sad concern.
Barry walked along the steep trail with anger. The world around him looked so lonely and unfriendly. For weeks he had traveled this path, following the dark spot that headed south, traveling through strange environments and harsh terrains. Pretty soon, it grew cold and Barry found himself walking up a mountainous trail that lead to what was known as the Kapachian Mountains. It soon grew bitterly cold, and Barry was expecting to encounter snow sooner or later.
Chibo still hovered above him, keeping up. “Oh, Barry,” it spoke calmly in his thoughts, its small voice sounding sad and mournful. “Don’t feel so given up. you still have a chance.”
“Huh….after the prophecy takes care of me and I die from the curse of the ice element, I’ll be done for and nothing but a useless old memory. The world doesn’t want me, and it’s waiting to punish me for the stupid things I never meant to do,” Barry kept a frustrated frown on his face as he quickly walked on, glaring up at the shadow above. If Prima Dona were looking down at him from up there, he wanted to be glaring back. Thanks to her, even his friends knew of the mistake he had made to make the world not want him anymore.
“Barry!” Chibo suddenly spoke with intent and hovered in front of his face, stopping him from walking any further. The little blue pokemon was frowning at him with cute, tiny button eyes. “If you give up hope now, then yes! Of course you’ll be nothing but a useless memory to the world! But if you keep believing that you can still make a right, and stop Prima Dona, then perhaps that could change the prophecy and let the dimensions see you as a different spirit! Prove yourself to be a hero! Make a change—a good change for the world, and let everyone see what you can do before you really go away!”
“You think I can just change the prophecy?” Barry shot back. “A prophecy’s a prophecy! Whether I make a difference or not, I’ll have to face my fate, whatever it is that I’m meant to face! the world’s a cruel place! I can’t change that!”
With anger pulsing in his ears, Barry stepped pass Chibo and broke off into a run, squeezing his eyes shut to keep the tears from running down his cheeks.
“Chi!” Chibo cried after Barry and dashed after him to catch up.
Suddenly, there was a rumble in the sky and rain started to drizzle.
Barry opened his eyes to a wince. “Aw great!” He yelled out loud, running on even harder. “Just what I needed!” And pretty soon, the rain went from a drizzle, to a pouring, hailing thunderstorm that soaked the mountain.
Barry struggled to find shelter, heading towards a small cave in the corner around the turn in the mountain, and dropped to his knees on the cold, hard ground of the cave. He had lost track of Chibo, but he knew it wouldn’t be for too long. The pokemon was heart-bonded with him, and he could trace his presence wherever he went.
But suddenly, as Barry looked up to gaze deeper in the cave, he saw a strange flickering light in the distance. The cave was like a tunnel, and Barry curiously made his way through as the cave wounded through like a large passageway. All around him, Barry noticed strange carvings and drawings of pokemon, and elements of rain, fire, and some strange markings that Barry hadn’t even known about.
Suddenly, Barry stopped as he heard a strange, unfamiliar voice.
“No……I’ve seen glimpses of the Black Hole, but nothing of its true future….”
Barry winced. The voice was feminine, and soothingly calm. He stopped and stood behind a wall in a fork of the cave, hoping he wouldn’t be seen.
“Bah! Glimpses shmimpses! I need REAL answers! Did you see anything useful, or not?”
Barry flinched. That voice was too surprisingly familiar. He turned to peek behind the wall, and sure enough, there was Prima Dona, standing tall and firm with a look of hatred in her icy yellow eyes. in front of her was a strange tall dark lady that was almost up to Prima Dona’s height, though not yet as tall. She had her back turned towards Barry, so he couldn’t quite see her face yet. But her hair was incredibly long and was merely an inch or two above the ground behind her. Her hair was almost as dark as Prima Dona’s, though it didn’t seem to shine with the same richness. It was tied into strands of braids and curling strips, and she reminded Barry of the Arcade Star, Dahlia, back in Sinnoh’s Battle Frontier. She seemed to be dressed in a purple and black gown, and her skin looked as pale as pale can be, though not even she was exactly as white as Prima Dona.
The dark lady nodded her head. “I will tell you anything you need to know, if I can bear to see it, Prima Dona. The spirits have been restless, and I’ve seen many things happen through the works of psychics. But for Ultramaur itself, I cannot look into its future. Remember—darkness is hard for psychics to read and understand….”
“Hmph! Well, you don’t have to tell me anything I already know. I bet you’ve seen the likes of the earth beings and the dove girl? what of that? examine them, and when you’ve found anything, let me know. I’ll be on my way, but you can always communicate with me through the portals of psychics and the supernova.”
And Prima Dona glittered with a shine of flashing bright light, and then disappeared. Left in her place, were three colors that hovered in front of the dark girl—or the psychic, as it seemed she was.
Barry raised his eyebrows. the three shapes were the devil messengers, and they were looking at the psychic with a glittering look in their eyes, as if they had known her well before.
“Hmm…I see,” the psychic was saying. Barry couldn’t tell if she was speaking to herself or not. “The three earth beings…..and the unwanted one. Yes, one of them is nearby, am I right?”
Suddenly, the dark girl turned and met Barry’s gaze, eye to eye, staring right into him. Barry tensed and felt his heart freeze. The girl had green eyes, gleaming in the shadows of the cave like a Glameow’s, and her face was pale with a strange mark of an Unown ? on her forehead. Her lips had a piercing at the right corner, and they were red, red as the bright color of blood that Barry almost thought they were bleeding. She gazed into him with a studying look in her eyes, and then slowly walked up to him. Barry would’ve ran away with fear and uncertainty to be around this lady, but he felt her gaze making him hold his spot and keep his place.
She stared at him with her mouth slightly open. “Barry….is it?” Her voice was a low, smooth tone. She didn’t sound young, nor old.
Barry swallowed and slowly nodded his head.
“Mm,” said the girl. “I’ve been waiting for you. I’ve witnessed your coming.”
She paused, but Barry said nothing. He stared up at her, looking bitterly scared.
The lady spoke after what seemed like hours of quietness. “Allow me to introduce myself…..my name is Madrid. I am a psychic, or an illusion soul. I can appear at two places at once—in the same form, or in any form I please.”
Barry felt a creepy feeling crawl up inside of him.
Behind her, the devil messengers hovered up higher to glare down at Barry with snickering eyes. They all glowed with an intensity that made Madrid look like a powerful, fearful gypsy that would eat out Barry’s soul. She stared down at him with narrowed, unreadable eyes.
She suddenly rested her hand on his shoulder. Barry gave a small gasp. Unlike Prima Dona, her hand was comfortably warm and made him feel restored. Her green eyes flashed. “Barry, you look so scared. Please…don’t be afraid of me. I may be sly and unpredictable when I have to be…..but please. Why don’t you sit down by the fire? It must be terribly cold outside.”
And without waiting for a response, Madrid gave Barry’s shoulder a pull to lead him closer towards her. he had no choice but to step forward and follow her. he tried not to glance at the devil messengers, and he kept his eyes focused for any sign of Madrid sneaking something in his neck, or casting any kind of unexpected spell on him.
Madrid sighed and let go of Barry. “I’m sorry…..I wasn’t able to light a fire with Prima Dona around.” And she suddenly cupped her hands together in front of her, facing the wall that bore the markings of a strange fire type pokemon. And Barry watched with wonder as the drawing suddenly seemed to start moving on the wall, the flames on the pokemon dancing like real flames, until a spark of fire fell from the wall and dropped to the ground, creating a small batch of fire over some rocks and wood.
“Whoa…” Barry couldn’t help widening his eyes with wonder.
Madrid chuckled. “Amazing, isnt it? I can summon whatever I want out of any mere spectacle, and use it to look into that object’s future and soul. This is a picture of a mere Infernape itself.” Madrid pointed at the fire pokemon she had just brought to a slight life. “Can you guess what kind of Infernape it’s supposed to represent?”
Barry studied the strange shape of the pokemon, carved into the wall with sketches of shades and deeply carved flames of fire at the top of its head. If one didn’t look at it closely, they wouldve assumed the pokemon was a drawing of a fire head with a stick body and a tail. But Barry had an idea of what it could really be. “It’s Lucas, isn’t it? Lucas….as his Infernape form.”
Madrid smiled and nodded. “That’s right. See, I’ve managed to summon fire from this very spot he had been carved into. I can look into the element and see his past, present, and future.”
Barry raised his eyebrows with wonder. “Oh, can you tell where he is right now?”
“Absolutely,” said Madrid politely in her low, laid back voice. “Come…..sit with me by the fireside. I can make the images come real, and you can see what of your dear little friend.”
Barry was starting to feel a little more comfortable around this lady, but he didn’t let himself want to take any chances. He had once felt the same way for Prima Dona as well, and look what that had cost him before. Barry slowly made his way to Madrid’s side, but he made sure he was cautious and careful about what he believed from this lady. She was working with Prima Dona in some way, and he was not going to fall for her tricks. But if this lady was a psychic, she could be useful at the moment. Barry really wanted to know where his other friends had gone, and especially Kaira….if this psychic could even tell where she was herself.
Barry and Madrid sat by the fire and Madrid sat up on her knees. The three devil messengers watched with a cold look in their eyes, keeping their glare on Barry.
Madrid had a strange, nauseating scent that smelled of spices and sweetness, that Barry was reminded of the time when he had fallen for Prima Dona. She raised her arms and the fire in front of them burned with more intensity, until Barry saw that pictures had started to form in the flames. He gasped at the sight of Lucas’s Infernape figure in the flames, running through what looked like a forest. Strange things seemed to pass by him, strange figures that Barry could make out.
“Hmm,” murmured Madrid, “your friend travels far across the strange region of Askip, heading towards where Prima Dona is headed. He is aiming for Prima Dona’s birthplace, but unlike you, he is on her trail, rather than following the dark shadow in the sky.”
Barry winced. “Isn’t the dark shadow Prima Dona? Or at least where Prima Dona is traveling?”
Madrid blinked her glinting green eyes. “Not exactly. Prima Dona uses the dark shadow as a portal. While the dark shadow itself is a form of dark matter that travels towards the south, where Crest Peak lies at the very place where Prima Dona herself formed her own body, Prima Dona could still be on the other side of the world for all you know. See, when Prima Dona first came into her human form, her spirit was just a form of dark matter, living in the darkness of that shadow above. The same dark shadow hovered over the Crested Peak in the south, and that’s where her spirit exited the shadow to form a body of a human—the very body she is in right now.”
Barry bit back the intriguing feeling from the image of Prima Dona’s glamorous “body.” He wasn’t going to let himself fall for her again, in any way.
“So, Barry,” said Madrid with a half sigh. “If you are following that dark shadow…..you may be headed for Prima Dona’s birthplace all the same, though you are not exactly following Prima Dona herself.”
Barry blinked. So this lady knew he was following Prima Dona. She promised to report anything she knew to that witch. But Barry didn’t care. He wanted Prima Dona to face him, so he could take her on and defeat her with the willpower of Chibo at his side.
Barry looked back into the fire. Suddenly, he saw glimpses of each of his friends. He caught Dawn walking along a treacherous trail with a dark figure at her side, resembling Paul himself. Madrid blew a strange dust into the fire. “This is the traces of sketches from the drawing of Dovanna.”
Barry turned to see that the psychic had rubbed her finger against the wall that sketched the picture of the pokemon Dovanna. Next to the pokemon was the sketch of a unicorn figure, Phandolia.
“Look into the fire, Barry,” said Madrid carefully, her voice becoming even more smooth and mysterious. She put her warm hand on Barry’s head, and he turned his head to face the fire, trying to see into Kaira’s image. “Look into the fire…..and see what has become of your dear little girl that has feelings for you. she’s still alive, yes, and she is far away across the sea…..with pirates….”
And Barry looked with intent as he gazed deeply into the fire, his heart pounding at the sight of Kaira. First, he saw the pokemon Dovanna form in the flames, its beautiful wings spreading around and swaying as it danced around in the fire. Then a strange dark image overcame the Dovanna image in the fire, and the Dovanna suddenly gave out a cry and shrunk into the figure of a human, becoming Kaira herself. Barry raised his eyebrows. he suddenly saw the images that Kaira had been through with him, and what she had been through in her journey. Barry held his breath. At one point, he even saw her use a strange magic of sorcery on Malidorius’s brother, Braan, wiping his memory clean at whatever he had just seen.
Then Barry saw Kaira’s thoughts, and what she really felt for him. He saw his own figure enter in the flames, and he watched as his figure and Kaira’s figure danced around each other, and then commingled with each other, happily into the flames, becoming a single image and then growing to change into the shape of Dovanna once again. Barry felt a strange uplifting in his heart.
“That’s what she wanted, my dear…..” murmured Madrid, her lips close to Barry’s ear. “She loved you, and almost strong enough to let it bring back her spirit. But now…she’s lost it…”
Suddenly, Barry saw a haunting image of darkness in the fire, and he caught sight of pokemon in pain and the waves of the sea rising. He saw an image of what he thought was Prima Dona’s deadly face, and then he finally saw a ship clearly sailing out at sea, where the pirates of Team Solar were sailing along the region of Thelmer.
He caught Kaira, dressed in rags and bruised with scars and scratches over her. she did not look like Kaira. Barry widened his eyes as he realized that the rags she had been wearing were not rags at all, but her own clothes, her own pale pink gown that had been torn and worn to make her look like some sort of……prostitute or stripper. She looked bad. She looked cool. She looked happy and rowdy for once, but a different kind of happy Barry hadn’t seen in her before. She seemed punkish and drunk as she partied with those obnoxious pirates, entertaining them as she danced around….what looked like a pole on the ship….in high heels and an eyepatch.
Barry couldn’t believe it. His dear Kaira…..the most harmless, tender hearted girl he had ever known…..one that he thought never had it in her to hate and become so full of herself…..had become a naughty, rowdy female for the pirates. Barry even felt more sick as he realized the strange white glow that was over the ship, was baby Dovanna itself, unable to get through Kaira’s head and make her realize what she had become. Baby Dovanna looked dirty and bedraggled as well, but at least it still had its cleansing power of goodness inside it….
“She’s changed, Barry,” murmured Madrid’s voice, though Barry was so intrigued into the images he saw in the fire that he thought the voice was part of the flames itself. “She has forgotten what it was like to love altogether, and she has been tortured by taunts and teases from the rude, obnoxious crew of pirates. She’s become foul and careless like one of them, and she even sees herself as a pirate girl that had lived her entire life on that ship with that crew.”
“No….” Barry gasped. He watched as Kaira and the crew seemed to be partying and dancing at the moment, most of the crew drunk and oblivious to the rain falling around them.
Barry felt his heart leap with horror at the sight of the person Kaira was dancing with. Trevor was by her side, and the both of them were inappropriately dancing around each other, jumping around and colliding bodies as the pirates around them sang obnoxiously. Kaira didn’t seem to be smiling, she looked as mad as a Mankey, but she still seemed ot be violently dancing and colliding with the pirate, her eyepatch still over her left eye.
“I can’t believe it…” Barry thought. How could he have let this happen…?
Barry was suddenly feeling nauseous as he stared at the strange images. He felt himself drifting off to sleep, struggling to keep his eyes open. He almost felt like he would fall straight into the fire as he leaned forwards with intent but heavy eyelids. He suddenly felt the world spin around him and voices echo through his head. The three devil messengers were hovering behind his back, snickering close to his ear.
“Barry….!” Hissed a voice in his head.
Barry suddenly shot awake, looking around him. a strange crash echoed through the cave, and Barry almost thought there had been some sort of avalanche.
The walls around him echoed with a scream, and the fire went out in front of him. Madrid had her eyes narrowed, and she immediately stood up on her feet.
“Chiiii!” The three devil messengers scattered as a blue light streaked towards all of them, crashing into a sketch in the wall that suddenly cracked, and then disappeared altogether.
The angel messenger Chibo had arrived and was staring not too far away, with a glare in its cute little eyes.
“Chibo!” Cried Barry.
“Chiii!” The pokemon dashed forwards and tried to aim a glow of light towards Madrid.
Madrid hissed and held out her heads, focusing on the glow and used the strange power of psychics to stop it, and twist it in the air until it totally disappeared. Then Madrid gave Bary a hateful look, and then her body blinked, disappearing like a glitch on a computer. The devil messengers snarled and then disappeared the same way. the cave was completely empty around them.
Barry turned to Chibo with a wide-eyed look, his head feeling heavy like he had slept for a long time. “What had just--”
“Oh, Barry! You fool!” Chibo cried in his head, giving him a worried, indignant look. “Can’t you see what she had been trying to do to you? she tried to poison you! she tried to get you hypnotized so that she can take you to Prima Dona herself! Did you NOT see her just fraternizing with that witch before she started mooning over you?”
“I saw that!” Protested Barry. “And I knew what she was capable of….I did not trust her at all for one second. But I just thought that if I played along, she could give me some useful tips on what was going on with my friends…and hey! I discovered something important! Kaira is in a deeper trouble than we all thought she would be in! she’s even worse than being shattered and distant from us!”
Chibo huffed. “Well, good job on the spying and everything. But now you’ve exposed yourself to following Prima Dona. She’ll find out that you’re on her trail before you know it. you better be prepared to meet her face to face! that Madrid is as terrible as you can imagine!”
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Have you known her well?”
“I don’t know her well…..” the little pokemon spoke with nervousness. “But I have seen her strange power of psychics, and what she is capable of doing with Prima Dona. She’s pretty much like a double player. She’ll help anyone, whether it’s Prima Dona or the good pokemon Phandolia itself. She can be evil and help the darkest of sides, but at the same time, she can also help the good spirits and even play on Dalyah’s side as well. Either way, she’s powerful and a psychic. She is NOT to be trusted, whether she can help you or not.”
Barry nodded. “I understand, Chibo. I’m sorry. but our goal is to get Prima Dona to meet us as soon as we can, so we can fight her off. I can use your power of heart bond to destroy her soul of dark and hate. We can both destroy her together, as best as we can, with two heart-bonded beings.”
“It will be hard, just the two of us…..but yes. We must do what we can. Especially whatever it will take to rescue Kaira.”
Barry’s eyes flashed. “Oh Kaira…..did you see what she’s become, and what she’s gone through?”
Chibo sighed and looked crestfallen. “I can see it….through your mind. Yes, she’s fallen into darkness itself, for darkness is not only wandering spirits alone, but something that we can create ourselves, if we’re not too careful.”
Barry tightened his fists. “I swear…I’ll destroy that ice witch. I’ll give her what she deserves……for everything she has done that’s made Kaira this way.”

Through the lonely wasteland of the wild, over treacherous mountainous regions, an Infernape roamed the snowy lands. The Infernape had traveled far and wide, and days turned to weeks, as the pokemon pressed on with no one but the spirits in the air to guide him. the Infernape was seeking justice, and was ready to take on the evil that had separated him from almost everything that he was close to.
Lucas himself was finally thankful for being the pokemon he was right now. If he didn’t have the falmes on his body right now, he knew he would’ve been long dead. The Askip region had some pretty diverse weather conditions, and taking the southern path of the region, heading towards Prima Dona’s birthplace in the mountain of Crest Peak, the weather seemed to be as deadly and unpromising the more he pressed on.
Lucas was upon a mountain at the moment, still following Prima Dona’s icy trail. The mountains weren’t the Yonga region mountains, for those mountains only lie to the north. North. Lucas knew he would have to turn back to head up north once again. after he would take care of Prima Dona, he must head back to gather his friends, and continue the prophecy that must be fulfilled. But first, he must take care of Prima Dona, and somehow get through Kaira’s mind and restore her love once again. Lucas knew it was up to him. he had to save her. He was the fire, the bringer of both the element of light and darkness, the one who would aid Dawn and Paul together during the transformation of Gaiyah. But none of it could be done without the pokemon Dovanna, for Dovanna was the only way to summon back the angel pokemon Dalyah.
One night, Lucas stopped near a small, snowy woodland up in the Harpa Mountains of Askip. He had trudged the snow all day, and he was exhausted. The moon was as bright and full as can be, and Lucas sat back by a tall pine tree, gazing up at the moon and the strangely shaped stars. Such strange stars, Lucas thought. They always seemed to be portraying some kind of pattern in the sky, as if trying to draw connected symbols or pictures to tell him something. Lucas sighed. he wished he had the power to read starsight, but for now, firesight was enough for him.
He decided to make a fire right now, so that he can tell what was going on around him and how close he could be to Prima Dona. He leaned forward and blew out a puff of smoke, summoning a small campfire in front of him. and as he peered closely into the images that were hidden within the fire, Lucas saw all kinds of things he had been through. he saw the great river of Barboach that he had crossed earlier, and he saw himself passing the strange cave lair at the side of the cliffs where a creepy pack of Houndoom lived.
Then Lucas focused in front of that, trying to read what was happening at the present time, around him right now. Lucas suddenly caught the sight of a Noctowl, swooping down to grab at a small Sentret that was scurrying across the ground, carrying the little pokemon away in its sharp talons and using Hypnosis to put it to sleep. The Noctowl disappeared into the night, and as Lucas looked up from the fire, he could make out the distant hooting and screech in the night.
But when Lucas looked down at the fire again, he flinched at the sight that stood before him. A pokemon with large, devious eyes was glaring at him, and Lucas immediately found that it was a Ghastleon, none other than Prima Dona’s.
Lucas heard a rasping his behind him, and he turned with a look of dread as he was facing the Ghastleon right behind him, crouching down, looking ready to spring.
“Ahh!” Lucas whipped around to face the pokemon, immediately letting his fire go out. The air around him felt even chillier now that the fire was gone. “You!” He narrowed his eyes at the Ghastleon.
The Ghastleon snarled and stood straight. “YOU,” replied the pokemon with a menacing growl. “What do you think YOU’RE doing all the way out here?! don’t you know how dangerous it is for an Infernape to be wandering on such cold environments?”
Despite the pokemon’s desire to taunt and sneer at him, the Ghastleon’s angry expression didn’t look the slightest happy. As Lucas stared into those large, glaring eyes, he felt like he would never let his gaze be taken off from the pokemon’s intriguing expression.
Lucas tensed himself. “Um….well, I don’t have to tell you that! I’m on my way to stop Prima Dona, and I’ll tell you everything I plan to do with her once I catch up. none of you pokemon can stop me.”
The Ghastleon looked humored now. “What you gonna do? you gonna barf fire on her and believe she’s just going to melt and become useless? Hah! You can try. I’d love to see you do that.”
Lucas growled. “Well, if you’re so clever, what else CAN I do?”
Ghastleon swished its paper-thin tail and twitched its ears. “Perhaps you should at least figure out some of the history behind Prima Dona’s past. Come…..there’s a cave back here, and we’re all waiting for you.”
Lucas winced. “What?! You trying to play stupid? I’m not goin anywhere where Prima Dona-”
“It’s just us pokemon right now!” Ghastleon give a slight snicker. “Prima Dona’s out…..practicing her sorcery a little somewhere else. she’s left us in the cave for the night. And don’t worry! The pokemon won’t hurt you unless they are ordered to specifically by her. Trust me.”
Lucas narrowed his eyes. It didn’t take a second for one to look at that pokemon to know that you could do anything with it but trust it.


The forest loomed tall and dark. Paul kept a tight grip on Dawn’s hand as they both trudged through the muddy ground, stepping over sharp plants and rocks, making their way through the eerie forest.
“Ugh! Just think of how the pokemon look like living here!” Paul muttered.
Dawn gave a slight chuckle. “Oh, I bet they don’t look much weirder than the pokemon that live back at our Eterna Forest.”
Suddenly, Paul tensed and stopped walking. Chiba, who had kept its place hovering above them, narrowed its small eyes with the same concern. “Chi….”
“What is it?” Dawn asked, looking around. The forest was like a dark nightmare, as if watching a horror movie when one was lost in the creepiest part of a woodland where goblins and monsters probably roamed.
“Shh! Someone’s here,” Paul lowered his head behind a jutting tree branch, and Dawn narrowed her eyes to look closely around.
Suddenly, she caught sight of a flash of fire through the trees ahead of them, and then she saw what loked like a dark figure flash through the night like a Gengar.
“It’s a person,” said Paul, standing up straight and grabbing Dawn’s hand again. “Come on. I think I know who it is.”
“What? A person? How can you be sure?”
Paul suddenly paused. He slowly blinked his eyes and met Dawn’s gaze. “I….I sense it. there was…..some sort of darkness in them that I was able to trace….and I think even you know what that might mean.”
Dawn gasped. “Team Solar….”
Paul nodded. “Come on.”
The two of them ventured into the woods. Chiba kept its red glow from getting too bright. Paul had been feeling uncomfortable around the little pokemon, but pretty soon, he had gotten used to how much sweeter and more pleasant it was around them rather than the torturous devil Chiba that still haunted him.
Paul and Dawn finally came close to what looked like a little house in the distance below.
“Ooh,” said Dawn, sounding slightly hopeful. “It looks like some little old cottage house where an old lady would live, like in the fairy tales.”
Paul grunted. “I’m sure no nice old lady would be living here, though.”
Suddenly, a tall dark figure crept its way from the bushes near the side of the house, and revealed its full form. Paul saw that it really was a person, a lady with long dark hair and glittering green eyes that Paul himself could see from here. She seemed to be wearing a dark gown, and was carrying what looked like an Espeon and an Umbreon in her hands. She narrowed her eyes, looked left and right, and then made her way up to the cottage house, opening the door and leaving it slightly open behind her.
Dawn widened her eyes. “She had an Espeon and Umbreon with her!”
Paul narrowed his eyes. “Come on…” He had a bad feeling about this lady. Especially if she really was of Team Solar.
Dawn and Paul crept up to a window of her house. around them, the front garden was filled with nicely trimmed grass and strange night flowers, as well as a fountain that was turned off. Dawn and Paul peered into the window of her house.
“Ugh, I feel like such a stalker,” muttered Dawn. “I never liked spying on people.”
Paul smeared the dusty window. He winced. The window felt terribly slimy. “Well, I bet in this dimension, everybody spies on everybody.”
They peered in, and Paul suddenly realized that this lady was no Team Solar grunt. Her small house was filled of trinkets and accessories, walls decorated with what a gypsy would have. He spotted her sitting behind a small table with a strange mirror sitting upright in front of her, and Paul could see the reflection of her mysterious, pale white face. she was some kind of psychic.
And she was performing some strange spell on the pokemon that stood beside the mirror. espeon was on the left, and Umbreon on the right. She was using the strange power of psi, to commingle the psychics of Espeon, and read into the darkness summoned from Umbreon. She was trying to read in the dark spirits around her……and see into the eyes of a certain dark soul.
Paul tensed. A certain dark soul. This lady was probably trying to trace Paul himself, trying to trace the prophesized humans from the prophecy. What else could she be doing?
“Oh no…”Paul was getting up and backing away.
Dawn turned to look up at him. “What?”

“She can sense us…we better get out of here…”
Suddenly, a blast of light erupted from the mirror and Paul clumsily tripped over a jutting rock from the ground, hitting his back painfully on the fountain behind him.
“You okay?” Hissed Dawn.
Cursing with confusion, he managed to see that the lady was gazing into the mirror that revealed the image of Barry, wandering through a strange cavern-like place, with Chibo at his side.
Dawn gasped. “Paul….it’s Barry.”
Paul sat up and crawled over to see that the lady was muttering something in a strange language, and the caverns around Barry seemed to be glittering with a silvery kind of color. The Espeon and the Umbreon both had their eyes closed, and both were glowing. Suddenly, the three devil messengers appeared behind the psychic, and the lady turned with a smiling glint in her glowing eyes. “You know what to do.”
“Chiiii…..” the devil Chibu hovered forward, and Paul and Dawn watched with horror as the little pokemon disappeared into the mirror, and the entire scene of Barry went blank. The mirror showed nothing but the normal reflection of the lady-- and Dawn and Paul from outside.
Of course, the devil messengers noticed them. The devil Chiba was chattering and angrily glowing, pointing at the mirror.
“Chi…..” the angel Chiba above Dawn shivered with nervousness.
“Mm?” The lady suddenly turned to the devil Chiba stood up. “Oh, don’t worry. I can still handle it.” Her gaze suddenly turned to face Dawn and Paul. She was meeting Paul’s gaze, and she only glimpsed once to notice the angel Chiba. But the lady’s glinting gaze was so intent on Paul himself that he felt almost hypnotized in th trance of those sparkling green eyes.
“You two,” the lady hissed menacingly, making her way over towards the window.
Paul and Dawn tensed, not knowing whether to run away or not. The devil Chiba and Chibo both hovered over the lady’s shoulders with snickering smiles. The devil Chiba’s gaze was especially fixed on Paul’s.
The psychic blinked slowly. “I was also expecting your presence. You’ve surprised me….I thought you were supposed to come a little later. I was expecting someone else.”
And she raised her hand, making Dawn gasp and suddenly drop her face to the ground. Paul flinched at the sight of her unconscious body, and then faced the psychic with narrowed eyes.
Chiba was snickering in his thoughts again. Paul felt a chill creep up his spine at the sound of the pokemon’s devious little voice again.
“Prepare, Paul…..we were all expecting you….”


“Prima Dona had first come to this planet as a form of dark matter, a live soul that had no real figure of body to live on physically,” Ghastleon was speaking, sitting with Lucas outside a nearby cave where Prima Dona’s pokemon were gathered. Lucas hadn’t wanted to get any closer, for he was officially aware of any obvious traps they could’ve set for him.
Lucas listened carefully. “She formed her own body, didn’t she?”
“Mm-hmm,” replied Ghastleon, twitching its tail.
A scary looking Archeops perched on the tree behind them. “Hmph….she didn’t create us, though. We were all normal pokemon before she came and changed us.”
Lucas looked up at the bird, concerned by its tone. Could it be possible that the pokemon were unhappy with serving Prima Dona all the time?
“Yeah, see, Prima Dona was seeking power when she first arrived to this world,” hissed Ghastleon, giving its paw a lick. “She was hungry-- hungry for more darkness and a desire. When the dark shadow brought her soul to enter the very biosphere of this planet, Prima Dona was first dropped upon the snowy wasteland of the Crest Peak. Her soul was a mere shadow itself, concealing live matter that contained dark matter and a spirit that kept it alive. By entering this very planet, she was able to absorb the little life particles that are hidden in the atmosphere. Think of it when a tree is alive. It releases oxygen into the air to support life. There’s also nitrogen in the air for all plants and animals to stay alive. Well, the shadow of Prima Dona was able to take in all those life particles and eventually form her own body to contain her very dark shadowy soul.”
“But remember that the environment she arrived in was a frozen one,” grunted the Archeops. “There’s barely any life to support out there, but nevertheless, Prima Dona was able to create her very self out of ice, becoming the ice lady witch she is. She is pretty much pure dark matter covered up by coldhearted ice.”
“So afterwards she found her own pokemon, didn’t she?” Said Lucas.
Ghastleon gave a scowl. “Well, she was dedicated to Ultramaur especially, for that was the pokemon that actually created her very dark spirit from dark matter. No one but Ultramaur could create a living soul out of dark matter. You can create a soul out of matter, and let it follow in the dark spirits, but you couldn’t exactly create a live spirit from dark matter itself. But Prima Dona herself was the very spirit created from dark matter. She was dedicated to her very creator, and she wanted nothing more than to become as powerful as Ultramaur itself, to serve it in this very planet and make sure it was 100% pure evil like Ultramaur itself. She was power hungry, and she used pokemon to help aid her. I was the first pokemon she really found.” Ghastleon arched its neck up to sit straight and proud. “I was born in a little ice cavern with my parents, who were both Glaceon. Prima Dona had found us, and she had destroyed my parents with her evil power of hate and anger that the pokemon had no darkness in their hearts like her.”
“She destroyed them?!” Lucas gasped, his heart burning.
Ghastleon narrowed its eyes and spoke with irritation. “Huh….she was confused and foolish when she first arrived here. She didn’t understand that this planet wasn’t fully evil like Ultramaur. She didn’t understand the diversity of the world, and she didn’t understand that the world was full of different souls. After she destroyed my parents and sent them to the Black Hole, she took me, hoping to raise me with a darkness that would help me grow into an evil pokemon like she wanted.
“Eventually, I was fed on the fear and sadness as I stuck with this witch. I was deeply hurt and lost without my parents, and I especially hated Prima Dona when she took me in. I eventually found myself to become the ghostly spirit I am right now, for I had felt so dead and done for at the time, wanting nothing to do with whatever she wanted from me.
“But then I aided her in her rigorous training. I learned to be tough and fierce, adapting to whatever was around me. I became Prima Dona’s top partner, and together, we managed to entrance other pokemon to come to her aid. Eventually, she found Celine, her own blue Milotic, and then Lapras, then Mismagius, then Spiritomb, and then Archeops himself.”
“Hmph, Prima Dona didn’t need to torture me with such force and training to make me become what I am. I’ve always been this strong and ambitious.”
“She didn’t just teach you guys to be strong, she taught you to be selfish,” said Lucas. He could feel it through all the pokemon. They had become more than just strong, aggressive pokemon. They had become conceited and selfish after all those years of always sticking to Prima Dona’s side.
Ghastleon snickered. “Well, selfish we may be, but at least we get what we want. See, Prima Dona eventually made it so that we were more than just more-than-average strong pokemon. We became immortal like her, only able to get destroyed from the aid of light from the angel pokemon Dalyah itself. When Prima Dona had no pokemon by her side but me, she was still trying to learn the ways of the world, trying to accept that not everything was created from evil as her. She tried to adapt, tried so hard to restrict herself from every bit of selfishness inside her. She tried to be softhearted and happy, like the rest of the pokemon and people around her.“
Lucas almost laughed. Prima Dona? Trying to be good and softhearted? He couldn’t imagine.
“For months, she tried hard, but there was just something about her that kept her from the happiness and goodness she tried to be.
“She and I were first venturing through the cold moutains of Crest Peak, and then soon, she was taken in by a monk named Peter Freille. He was a lonely old man who had lived his whole life alone on the mountians, and he had found how lost and helpless the both of us looked. He took her in, and asked her what her name was. She told him she had no name, and that she didn’t know exactly if she even belonged to the likes of this place. So he gave her a name. he named her Sarah Madonne, for that had been the name of his wife before she died of pneumonia.
“Peter Freille was moving back to the coast of the region, ready to leave the mountains. Prima Dona-- or Sarah Madonne, as she was called before-- came with him, along with me. I was still an Eevee, for this was before she got the urge to train in evil and darkness. We arrived to the town of Baruka, where Peter bought a nice, fancy house with his rich money. He spoiled Prima Dona like his own child, or wife, and she was pampered with beautiful riches and exotic outfits and pokemon. Peter even bought her the rarest pokemon that was sold at the exotic sale in town, buying her the rarest Milotic to be found. That was how she got Celine, the blue, shiny Milotic that was sold for 3 million dollars. Prima Dona even got to train Peter’s pokemon as well, for he had kept a well-trained Lapras with him as well.
“Now, even though Peter had been nothing but kind to Prima Dona, given her all she could wish for, she was still as rotten as a two year old child. She never got along with the neighbors around her, and she was always mean and unfriendly to other people’s pokemon, taunting them and bragging about how much better I was compared to them. She even challenged people to battles, and she forced me and Milotic into harsh fights and both of us wounded ourselves pretty badly, depending on which pokemon we had to fight. We lost a lot the first few times, but pretty soon, she trained us and made sure we kicked extreme butt in battle. Well, she got what she wanted, and she turned us both into the two strongest pokemon in town.
“But then one day, Peter had suffered a heart attack. He died, and everything he ever owned, his house, his prized, super strong Lapras, had all been put under Prima Dona’s hands. But Peter’s death had sparked a feeling in Prima Dona. She felt the feeling of sadness and shock, for that would be the last time she would ever see the kind old man. Now he was gone, and she was left to fend for herself, in this strange, unexpected world. She decided she wanted to be just like Peter-- strong, wise, and kindhearted. But she found it shockingly difficult. She was always under stress, angrily confused about why she just couldn’t keep her temper down and be a good person around other people. She could never share, she could never make friends with others because she was just so conceited and easily angered. But it wasn’t her fault. She tried to be as kind as she could be to pokemon, but she just couldn’t. she tried hard around me as well, and each day, she was so focused on being adapted to the other pokemon and people around her. She grew really thin from her stress and focus to be the good person she tried to be. One day, she even came to a temple somewhere here in this region, trying to seek intelligence and peace. But once she stepped foot on those grounds, she felt a burn surge through her body that nearly killed her. She is totally pure dark evil, and she couldn’t change it. She decided to give up on even trying to become a good person. She ventured out into the city of Heruvia, where the elite four of the Askip region live. The Champion Frollo, back then, was missing a pokemon at the time, missing his Spiritomb. Prima Dona had found it in the depths of a strange well, and she had rescued it, trying to do the good deed of returning it back to the Champion. But before she could return it, the Champion Frollo immediately accused her of stealing it. He told her he had heard of her popular attitude around other people, for his family had been neighbors of her and had constantly had to put up with her nagging and angry mistreating of their pokemon. He didn’t believe her story that she had actually rescued his pokemon. He accused her of theft, and wanted her arrested.”
Lucas raised his eyebrows. “That must’ve pissed the crap outta her.”
“Pissed she was,” said Ghastleon, “for that was when she immediately used the strongest of her dark powers to destroy the Chmapion and send him to the dark hole. She took his Spiritomb, and that’s how I first got to meet Hagava, Prima Dona’s own Spiritomb now.”
Lucas glanced over at the cave. Prima Dona’s pokemon were talking in low voices about something, and he couldn’t see pass Mismagius’s dark shadows to glimpse Spiritomb.
Archeops spoke. “Pretty soon, she decided to catch more pokemon and train them to be like her. She realized that it was just totally impossible to be good, so she looked to the good side of being bad. She looked to it as an answer to solve all her problems, to force and fight with others to get what she wants. It was all about winning for her, and it was all about being unstoppable. That‘s how she eventually found the rest of us. After Spiritomb, Prima Dona had killed a family camping up in the mountains after they had started a fire that nearly killed her. She took their Misdreavus, and trained it to feed on the fear and pain that it needed, and evolved it into a deadly, creepy ol‘ Mismagius it is now.”
Lucas looked at the Mismagius in the cave. It seemed to be snickering about something they were discussing.
“I was the last, of course,” said Archeops. “I‘ve only been with Prima Dona for about….two centuries or so. And she had already figured everything about her past and who she really is long before that. After the incident with Spiritomb, she had returned back in the mountains to seek darkness from the very Pokemon that created her. She spoke to Ultramaur, and the pokemon gave her a view of her past, and told her who she really was. She understood, and her mind was set on what her goal must be. It was all about being powerful, and she wanted nothing in the world to stop her. She changed her name from Sarah Madonne, to Prima Dona, sorceress of darkness and cold, evil hearts, creation of the devil.”
Lucas nodded. Sarah Madonne. Such a strange name for Prima Dona. He would’ve never thought of her more than the evil witch she was, but surprisingly, she did have a past, and she had actually tried to become a good person. It reminded him of another soul, of Kyra Elizabeth Flockheart. She had no good heart, but unlike Prima Dona, she was able to make a choice. She could’ve tried to be good, and then all would’ve probably been different. But she hadn’t, and she had stayed the bad, bratty person she was, and had met her fate. She couldn’t turn back now. “Well…thanks for the story. I guess you pokemon like it that you’re servants of Prima Dona?”
“Not servants!” Hissed Ghastleon, springing to stand on all fours, its eyes blazing in the moonlight. “We are her aids, her partners by her side, that seek what she seeks, whether she tells us or not!”
Archeops screeched and spread out its wings. “We are minions! Life-long partners of Prima Dona!”
“But…..you can be much more than that!” Lucas was trying to protest. These pokemon had been forced to obey Prima Dona, but they didn’t have the dark matter within them like she did. They were born of free, natural earth, and they didn’t have to follow in pure darkness without a choice. “You could live a more heroic, thankful life, as wild, free pokemon without a witch like Prima Dona to tell you what to do! You can be--”
“Silence!” Ghastleon leaped against Lucas, pinning him against the tree. Archeops squawked at the collision and hovered above the perch, glaring down at Lucas. Ghastleon stared evilly into Lucas’s eyes with hatred. “We pokemon are brought into this world to serve a purpose. That purpose is to make use out of our existence, and we are meant to dedicate ourselves to this planet, to thrive in the nature around us. But! This is the fifth dimension, and it’s just the other side of nature, where nature comes from WITHIN. I’m not going to waste my time as a lonely old pokemon with no family in the mountains, growing to be a sad, melancholy Glaceon. Nooo…..I became much more than that. I became Ghastleon-- pokemon of deep, dark secrets. I will serve Prima Dona, whether I stand that naggy old witch or not! There is nothing you or your stupid prophecy friends can do about it!”
Suddenly, a light glowed from the left, and two large, slender pokemon moved towards the shadows on the river like serpents. One was a proud, smiling Lapras, and the other was a fierce-looking blue Milotic. Atop the Milotic’s head, was Prima Dona. The devil Chibo was at her side.
Archeops screeched. “She’s arrived with what she had gone out for….”
Prima Dona made her way towards the ground, and came up to Ghastleon and Lucas. She glared down at Lucas with dangerous, red piercing eyes. “Let him go, Ghastleon,” she said edgily.
Ghastleon hissed with disgust and whipped its body off of Lucas. Lucas fell to his knees, panting. Ghastleon and choked him against that tree.
Prima Dona chuckled evilly. “Well, hello there, my dear earthling! Hmph! So sorry you have to be a pokemon. Matters would’ve been different if you were still human.”
And as Lucas slowly looked up, Prima Dona was aiming at him with her spear, and he suddenly felt his body shrink as he was being sucked into the sharp point of the ice dagger.

Kaira opened her eyes to a strange cry outside of the deck. She winced, rising up and rubbing her sticky, crusted eye. Her left eye felt thick and smudgy under the eyepatch, and she was starting to hate wearing it. “Ugh….what in the heck?” Kaira grunted, hearing the strange cry again. it sounded like a two year old trying to imitate a Dialga. The cry was annoying and funny-sounding, but Kaira was in no mood to laugh at the moment. “Trevor, shut up!” She yelled, pushing the door of the bottom deck open. She glared at him from across the ship as he and a pirate named Yaeger were trying to taunt a Wingull flying above by imitating its cry. “You sound like a dead Staraptor!” Trevor turned with a raised, humored look. “Eh? Well I try!” And the pirates around him started laughing. Kaira took a small knife that she kept by her side, and flung it towards Trevor, stabbing the pole just exactly an inch above his head. Trevor immediately stopped laughing and looked at her with confusion. The other pirates laughed and started taunting Trevor. “Ayyy you gonna get owned by yo girl over there someday!” Grutch cackled. “She’ll be whoopin’ your ass like a Kyogre whoops a Magikarp!” “Aha!” a pirate named Damien gave him a nudge. “Imagine one day havin’ to kiss her! she’ll be a bride sooner or later!” “Yeahhhhh let’s make it come true!” And all the pirates started cackling and snickering with agreement. Kaira almost felt sick. She laughed out loud. “Please! I’d marry a smelly old Feebas before I get a load of that garbage man!” Trevor raised his eyebrows at Kaira. “Oh, you don’t mean that! ya see this?” Trevor opened up his raincoat and showed his bare abs. he had no shirt underneath, and besides scars and scratches, he actually did have some pretty fine muscle packs that Kaira was almost astonished. “Yeahhhh, you kow you want some!” He gave Kaira a devilish smile, raising his eyebrows. Kaira flinched and crawled out of the deck, narrowing her eyes. “Yeah, how’d you get that? doing sit-ups from humping dead Magikarp all day? I bet you think of me when you do!” The pirates cracked up and Grutch hit Trevor on the back. “That’s a good one!” Trevor gave a low growl to the pirate, looking annoyed and unwilling. He turned to Kaira. “Well, sure!” He said sarcastically. “Of course I think of you! I think of you 99% of the day! When I drink, when I party, when I steal, even when I make out with Captain Bron in my dreams!” Kaira bit her tongue and tripped the pirate passing by, carrying a tray of beer. The pirate fell to the ground, but not before Kaira grabbed a glass and drank half a glass in two seconds. She threw the glass down overboard and groaned, feeling lightheaded and dizzy. “Grrrr….YOU!” She ripped off her eyepatch, revealing a bruised, pinkish mark around her eye with a nasty, crusty scratch underneath, and then immediately ran towards Trevor, who was laughing along with the group of pirates, and she leaped on his side, tumbling to the floor, pinning him on his back with herself on top. She gazed into his scared eyes, feeling blinded by anger and drunkenness. “You know……I’d much rather kiss your own ass before I kiss that filthy mouth of yours.” Trevor raised his eyebrows. “Oh, yeah? Ehehehe, why don’t ya do it then?” “Yeah?” Kaira said mischievously. “Make me.” She was starting to feel nauseous. Trevor snickered. “Come on, I don’t have to make ya! I’m your hot, sexy dream man! I’ll give you ANYTHING you want!” Suddenly, Trevor’s dirty, naughty expression on his face seemed to change in Kaira’s eyes. She suddenly saw that dirty blonde hair of his become cleaner and more shapely brushed, and those sarcastic brown eyes of Trevor suddenly became playful and excited. Pretty soon, she wasn’t looking into the dirty face of Trevor, but Barry, who seemed to be facing her with a mischievous glint in his eyes as she was holding him down to the ground. Kaira immediately lost her wits and let out a scream. She smacked her lips tightly against Trevor’s dirty mouth, and then the both of them both rolled away as the ship gave a harsh sway in the wind and waves. The pirates all shouted and yelled with pleasure at the sight of Trevor and Kaira kissing like this. Trevor himself felt surprised and a little unprepared for the kiss, but he soon became as intrigued as he wouldve imagined, and he closed his eyes to let himself fall through the daze of kissing this beautiful girl. Kaira herself didn’t know what she was thinking as she had her lips pressed against Trevor’s. all she saw was just herself throwing up, and spinning around the ship like a dizzy Spinda, and she felt like if she didn’t keep her lips pressed like this, she would barf out a tremendous amount of vomit. The two of them rolled down the ship, clutching to each other like an inseparable couple, crashing through the room at the end of the ship, where Captain Bron and Verdana were discussing something in private. They crashed through the weak, rusty doors, and rolled over to hit the wall on the other side of the Captain’s room. “Eh?! What in the world?!” Captain Bron sputtered in confusion, turning to glare at the two unexpected visitors. “Arkk! What world? What world?!!?!” Squawked his Chatot, jumping up and down on his left shoulder. “Douuuu!” Baby Dovanna gave a startled cry at their presence, and widened its big blue eyes in shock at the sight of seeing Kaira like this. Verdana turned and Victini gave a surprised squeak at her feet. “Fools! Trevor, you son of a--!” “Ugh! That was awesommmme!” Trevor was lost in a happy daze as the captain yanked the pirate off Kaira. Kaira struggled to rise up, her head feeling like it was going to fall off. “Umph!” Her mouth felt totally disgusting, and she ripped off a part of her ragged gown from the back and wiped it roughly against her mouth. “WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!” Bron was yelling straight at Trevor’s face, snapping him out of his dreamy thoughts. “Huh! What?” Trevor blinked a couple times before meeting the captain’s stare with shocked, scared eyes. “She kissed me! She jumped on top of me first!” “Eh!” Bron turned to glare over at Kaira, who had her back turned as she bent over to barf into a bucket of Magikarp by the couch. “You girl! Git yur lil ass over here!” Kaira shot up and huffed. “Oh! Sh*t! That was terrible!” She whipped around to face the captain and stomp over to him. she glared at Trevor, and gave him a quick slap on the cheek, making his head flinch to the left. “Damn you! next time we kiss, I swear I’m gonna make you--” “SILENCE!” Captain Bron’s voice startled both of them and snapped them both into focus. The pirate looked pissed and red with anger. baby Dovanna hovered a little way to Verdana to avoid his sweating stench of stress. “Now! I don’t give a damn what your reason is for this, so I’m just gonna let you off with a warning! Next time I see an act like this again, it’s man overboard for ye!” “Oh, sure!” Kaira crossed her arms and smiled. “I would love that! Trevor, how bout I make out with the captain instead?” Trevor gasped. “He’ll crush you!” He sputtered, not thinking what he had just said. Captain Bron whipped his arm around and banged Trevor against the mouth, making him fall all the over to Verdana’s feet. Verdana gasped and looked down at Trevor in horror as he buried his face in his left arm, cursing in a muffled voice at the pain from Bron’s blow. Victini squealed and jumped back, staring at Trevor with shock. Kaira grunted. She clenched her teeth, feeling how weak some of them were becoming, and then managed to spit one of her own teeth out from the corner of her mouth. “Baby,” she muttered loudly enough for Trevor to hear. “Now!” Bron turned to Kaira with a terrible frown. “I didn’t say man overboard for YOU! instead, to avoid anything like this ever happening again, you get the job to stick your position as a lookout on top of that pole in the center of the ship!” Bron pointed to the tallest pole on board. Kaira winced. “What?! A lookout?” “Ye darn right you’re bein’ da lookout!” Captain Bron cracked his knuckles. “It’s been awhile since I had one of me own, but now that I see it may be the best way to keep you from interaction with THAT lunatic, then you’re required to get it! I’m pissed and tired of seeing that stupid slob mooning over ye like a sissy! NO ONE turns into sissies on my ship!” Kaira huffed. “Fine!” She stomped out of the room. “I’ll be spitting at the pirates below! Don’t blame me if I throw up from that far either!” And she banged the door shut. Kaira was standing atop the top pole with a look of hatred in her eyes. She wore a new eyepatch, this time over her right eye. All she could think about was torturing Trevor and one day kicking him overboard when she got the chance. But she was waiting for the right moment. When they neared the island of Dark Raven, she would find a perfect spot where there looked like there would be enough Carvanha and Sharpedo to eat him up when he fell over. Kaira’s lips twitched a slight smile at images of Trevor being ripped apart by those pokemon, pure bloody gore just tearing from his flesh… “Douu!” A coo came from behind, and Kaira turned to see that baby Dovanna was hovering above her, looking like it was panting and scared. Its once beautiful white feathers were now a dirty, damp tangle of an old Swanna. Kaira heard obnoxious laughing from below. Trevor and two pirates were looking up at the bird. “Oh, so now it’s come to hide with its little ol’ playmate!” Trevor called up at it. “Hey! her hair’s perfect for your nest! But so’s mine! Why don’t yah come down and nestle with me, little birdy? Eh? Come on, show of those fine, sexy feathers!” And Trevor gave a whistle that got the other pirates murmuring with attracting agreement, gazing up at the little pokemon like it was a hot sight. Baby Dovanna gave an angry tweet and pecked its beak towards them, its blue eyes narrowed into an angry look. But as Kaira studied the little pokemon, she realized that it had no hateful expression. Only stress and disappointment portrayed in the big blue eyes of baby Dovanna, and when it gazed at Kaira, it met her eyes with a saddened longing look. Kaira blinked and winced. “What? Why do you always look at me like that?” “Dou….” The little pokemon seemed to be almost glowing, but it looked so bedraggled that Kaira didn’t even notice. Kaira rolled her eyes and gave the bird an intent look. “Hey! I thought you’re supposed to be powerful or something? Why don’t you use those magical, musical attacks on Bron? Or the other jerks on his ship? Why do you have to let yourself be tortured and pushed around by these idiots? You have powers, don’t you?! I don’t! but at least I don’t let myself get pushed around!” “Dou…!” “You let that Chatot fly over you and squawk taunting cries like it thinks you’re helpless and useless around this ship. Why don’t you fight back?! Sheesh! If you’re not going to use your powers, it would make sense to give them to ME.” And Kaira turned around to face ahead of the sea with a frown of frustration and distress. Baby Dovanna flinched at her statement. “Douuuu…” It hovered up above her shoulder. Kaira turned to look at Dovanna with her frown. The little bird’s eyes seemed to be deepening, looking intent as it tried to stare into Kaira’s own eyes, as if trying to convince her of something. Kaira almost felt a strange feeling well up inside of her, but it went away again. She shook her head and clenched her fists. “Look! I bet you wanna get me outta here, don’t you? I bet if I don’t even have to climb on that pint-sized body of yours, for you can probably lift me up with some strange psychic power inside of you or something. But NO! Instead, you’ve let yourself be weakened by these pirates constantly giving you stress and everything that has made you the tiny, weak pokemon you are! Ugh! Isn’t that right?” “Dou!” Dovanna’s eyes looked pleading and apologetic. Kaira realized that it really wanted to escape with her and get out of this terrible nightmare, but it just couldn’t…..for it has become malnourished and weak, unable to use its powers correctly. It looked sorry and downhearted at Kaira, trying to tell her to forgive it. it was flapping its wings in the air, and hovering around in a strange fashion. Kaira watched the pokemon with mad green eyes, wincing with confusion. What the heck was it trying to do now? Suddenly, the pokemon started glowing a little brighter than it had, and for a moment, Kaira saw that it almost looked bright and happy again. A flock of Wingull seemed to be attracted by the little pokemon’s glowing sight, and they all fluttered around Kaira and the little bird, giving out happy, surprised cries. “Ugh!” Kaira flinched at the Wingull that fluttered pass her, feeling irritated. Suddenly, she felt a wet drop land on her left shoulder. She widened her eyes, and screamed at the splotch of poop that had splat on her bare, bony shoulder. “Wahh! Arghhhh! You disgusting stupid birds! OUTTA MY SIGHT!” Kaira waved her hands wildly, swatting at all the Wingull. “Shoo! Shoo!” She scared all the pokemon away, and they flew up high in the distance of the sky. “Dou!” Baby Dovanna suddenly wasn’t glowing anymore, and it was hovering there, back to its old, raggedly looking self. Kaira turned to baby Dovanna with a glare, feeling the anger pulse through her. “YOU just get outta my sight! SHOOOO!” She would’ve slashed at the little pokemon if baby Dovanna hadn’t gotten out of the way and flew lower down the ship, crying in despair. Kaira was thankful that none of the pirates had been watching her, for they seemed to be focused on playing a stupid game of cards in the captain’s room. Everything on the ship seemed empty of pirates, and Kaira felt alone to be stuck high up on the tallest pole, looking out for any land or weather changes. Kaira winced and wiped the gooey stuff off her shoulder, but she screamed at the feeling of the wet, slimy stench. “Achh!” She shook her hand and ripped her eyepatch off, rubbing it against her hands in a fit, that she accidently dropped it, and somehow got the knife it her pocket ot fly out and splash in the water to the right side. She watched as her eyepatch blew away in the wind, eventually falling into the water as well. Kaira narrowed her eyes and felt the water with anger. she clenched her fists and let out a piercing, yelling cry of distress. She felt like immediately jumping off this pole, right now, and end the stupid life that she had lived. “Kaira!” Verdana’s soft, indignant voice sounded from behind. Kaira turned to see that Verdana and Victini had climbed up the pole to reach her. Verdana stood in front of Kaira with a calm, concerned gaze in her aquatic blue eyes. “Kaira….I saw you and Trevor—obviously.” Kaira rolled her eyes. “Oh, yeah! right, you were with the captain. What the heck did he want from YOU anyway?” “Well, like I said, he uses me as a guide to find his way around the waters. He has no map, so he needs to have someone that has enough knowledge of the seas around this region. So when he captured me, he forced me to be useful as I can be towards his crew, or else he’ll sentence me to death towards Prima Dona.” Kaira huffed. Prima Dona. The name seemed to always set her up and make her remember the most terrible, humiliating memories. “Well, obviously, you’re no help to me either. You can’t even take me across the sea to escape this hellhole, because you’re too worried about your own death.” “Kaira…” Verdana’s voice was intent. “You can help yourself. You can find yourself, and then once you see who you really are, you can find a way to escape. You, baby Dovanna, and Victini and I. We are all secretly looking up to you. please…try to think. Why did you kiss Trevor?” Kaira laughed. “Oh, because I was drunk, and I had no idea what the heck was going on when I puckered my lips like that I guess.” “Well, weren’t you in love with someone else?” Kaira raised her eyebrows and shrugged. “Dunno. Maybe. But even if I was, I barely remember it now, and it’s had no significance in my life. Come on! If I really forgot about the most important things in my life, they probably meant nothing to me, or would never have an importance with me! Pah! As far as I’m concerned, I have no life.” Kaira noticed a lopsided fingernail and started chewing on it from the side of her mouth. “As far as I know, I’ve probably always been a pirate girl my whole life, and that I must have been born and raised on this ship since the pirates somehow kidnapped me to raise me as their own little stripper chick.” “No! you can’t believe that!” Verdana’s eyes had a mad blaze o them that Kaira hadn’t seen before. “I don’t know how you get such an idea like that…..but Kaira, if you have any traces of your memories before you arrived on this ship, please don’t let them slip away. I know that you once lost your memories once before, when Prima Dona first transformed you into a human and banished you from this dimension. That time, your memories had been forced to be wiped away, from magic and sorcery between Prima Dona…and the Balance of Emotions from two different dimensions. Now, Prima Dona hasn’t used any kind of spell or anything that has wiped you memory. The only way you could’ve forgotten almost everything, is because you let yourself forget them. you let yourself ignore the past and focus on what’s going on with you right now, and what’s going on with you right now is stress and frustration as you face the pirates each day. You MUST try to find yourself!” “Argh! I have no idea what you’re talking about!” Snapped Kaira, giving the giinka a swat that barely missed her. kaira felt so enraged and deeply affected by emotion that she barely heard anything that Verdana had said, or what was coming out of her own mouth. “Just get outta my sight! You’re nothing but a stupid pokemon slash human that can’t even be powerful enough to use the advantages of both creatures! Get outta here and leave me alone!” “Squiii!” Victini jumped up at Kaira’s command and Verdana backed away, looking at Kaira with shocked confusion. “But Kaira….” “GO AWAY!” Kaira ran forwads with her straight in front of her, ready to push the giinka off the pole. Verdana gasped and leaped to the net behind them, and jumped to the bottom of the ship. Victini squealed and followed down after the giinka. Kaira watched them both go with venom in her eyes, her heart beating with hatred and anger.

“Chibu?” Barry hissed through the shadows of the dark cave. The pokemon was glowing yellow and football shaped-- but it wore no halo, nor did it have the diamond shape on its tail.
Chibo gasped and started glowing with intensity. “The devil Chibu! Barry…..run!”
But before Barry could even make a break for it, the devil Chibu lunged forward and captured Barry in a glowing vortezx that made him freeze. Pretty soon, Barry’s mind went blank with fear and he soon found himself faling into a deep unconsciousness.
Chibo glared at the devil Chibu and braced itself to attack the intruding pokemon.
But the devil Chibu was prepared. It struck Chibo and then hovered around the frozen, glowing body of Barry, and then they both disappeared.
Far across the highest Harpa Mountains of Askip, a tall, pale white lady stood at the foot of a clear, dark tide pool. Prima Dona almost blended in with her surroundings like ice or snow herself. She had a wicked smile on her face, and hovering above her shoulder was the devil Chibo. To her heels, was Ghastleon, hissing with impatience and agitation.
“It’s all right my precious,” she reassured her Ghastleon. “We’ll soon get what we’ve been waiting for.”
She glanced at her tall ice spear in her left hand. Inside it, not only bore her own pokemon, but also the child of fire, Lucas the Infernape himself. She cackled slyly.
“It’s a pity you had to be a pokemon at this time, Lucas, my sweetie. You were a good boy, and I have to admit, out of all the earth beings, you were the one I had least trouble with. But now I can use that! You will be my aid, like the rest of my pokemon! You will learn what it’s like to not only be a pokemon of a trainer, but a pokemon of MINE, of Prima Dona myself. I will teach you the arts of fighting for darkness and ambition, to get what you want, and what you deserve.”
From the dark tide pool in front of her, the water started to swirl in a whirlpool-like motion, slowly as if plotting to sneakily swallow up the world. A light glowed from the very center of the pool.
“Ah! Here we are! At last you’ve arrived, my dear devil Chibu.”
And out from the pool, the little football shaped pokemon rose from the water, with a shining light underneath. Barry’s body was frozen and shining, his eyes wide open with fear, and to his side, Chibo hovered with an angry look of determination.
The devil Chibu growled and let Barry land in front of Prima Dona’s feet, and released him from the freezing light.
Barry coughed and blinked his eyes to focus, looking wildly around him. He was in an empty, snow barren landscape where there didn’t even seem to be mountains around him in the distance. “Wha?! Hey, where am I?!” He felt like he was on top of the world.
“Oh, you’re in your worst nightmare, my dear Barry,” chuckled Prima Dona’s cold, edgy voice.
Barry slowly looked up and met the gaze of Prima Dona, as she stared down at him with ice blue piercing eyes.
Barry glared and slowly rose to his feet, slowly backing away. “Prima Dona.” He muttered challengingly. Chibo hovered above his shoulder, looking both worried and prepared. He had been on Prima Dona’s trails for weeks now, and finally he had reached her up to her birthplace just like that. He cast a glance at the devil Chibo, and the devil Chibu hovering above her, for it must have been them to summon him all the way here so quickly.
Prima Dona was smiling with undisguised satisfaction. “Well! I’ve been expecting you. So how do you like it? This is my home! My very birthplace when I first created the body of my own.”
Barry huffed. “It looks like a terrible landscape in the middle of nowhere!”
Prima Dona laughed. “Hah! You would know! See, I first arrived from that very pool right behind you there, where the dark shadow dropped me off.”
The dark shadow. Barry looked up and noticed that half the sky had a darkness to it that gave him the same feeling that the dark shadow had given him when he was following it.
“And the shadow, my dear,” continued Prima Dona, “is also in charge of the little Shadow spirits that follow you upon earth, to haunt you with mischievous trickery and lies.”
Barry felt a shivering feeling as he suddenly thought of his Shadow that had lead him to the strange part of Crestfall, where he had found Dawn. Gazing up at the blackened part of the sky, he wasn’t surprised to know that it was the exact the very place those Shadows really belonged.
“But those are pretty pointless!” Huffed Prima Dona. She was glaring at him with a fierce, cold smile in her glinting eyes. “The real reason why I brought you here is so you can pay for what you’ve done to this world. Because of you, I was able to take charge of Kaira’s feelings. Because of you, you made the dimension angry and took part in the prophecy as ‘the unwanted one.’ But before you really do meet your death, I wanna thank you for what you have done.” She was suddenly looking at him with new, satisfied and admiring eyes. “I almost thought you were the dark one, the one to bear the darkness that would summon Ultramaur. I thought it would be you to make my next heir, to stick by my side and serve in the power of the devil pokemon itself. But I was wrong.”
Barry glared at her, feeling the winds blow around him with ferocity. He could feel Prima Dona’s powers surging around. “Everything I had done had been an accident! I never meant to hurt Mesprit—or ever fall in love with the likes of YOU.”
“Hmph! And was it an accident to have humiliated dear little Kaira like that?!”
Barry flinched with a piercing heart.
Prima Dona pressed on. “Was it an accident to ever even meet Kaira and make her feel happy? Was it a mistake to be the only person who ever understood who she was, and then just dump her like that? Hm? Was it ALL a stupid, useless mistake?!” Prima Dona suddenly lifted her spear and struck the black sky above her, making the earth shake around them. barry gasped and tensed with fear. “Tell me, fool!”
Barry saw the black half of the sky suddenly swirl with a darker blackness. He noticed how the shadowy part was only hovered in the sky above Prima Dona, and that his half still had a brighter whitish gloom. But he saw that the blackness was forming, overcoming his half from where he stood.
“Barry! Don’t listen to her! you’ve got to stay strong! Use all your wits and strength within you from the power of faith and love! Use it to avoid the darkness she is trying to send over you, and use it to defeat her!” Chibo’s little voice echoed in his head as the messenger pokemon hovered by the devil messengers’ sides with their guarding stares.
Barry closed his eyes for a moment, thinking of all the moments he had shared with Kaira, and everything about her that had made him feel strong and proud to have met her. He opened his eyes and faced Prima Dona with a challenging glare. “None of the moments that involved love and meaning were accidental. Those moments with Kaira were MEANT to happen.”
“Oh! Hah! But you never realized it!” Cackled Prima Dona.
“But now I do,” Barry spoke with determination. “I was sorry to have ever ignored the fact that she really did love me when she had the chance, and now that I’ve come to accept it, she is already gone. But I can bring her back. I was so close to doing it before, and now I get get even closer yet again. And this time I won’t fail!”
“Oh?” Prima Dona tilted her head and smiled. “How are you going to do that?”
“Chi!” Chibo was rising, and ready to glow with brightness.
The devils looked at the little pokemon like it was crazy, spitting hisses at it and looking ready to attack it.
“Chibo!” Yelled Barry, making his voice sound over the winds. “If Kaira is still anywhere out there, land, sea, or matter of nothingness……please! Let her know how much I love her! use the power of heart boning, and trace my real feelings for her, and let her feel how much I really do think of her!”
And the little pokemon shone with blue brightness, closing its eyes and focusing on Barry’s heart within. Barry suddenly felt himself glow with a brightness as well, as the pokemon tried to read his feelings.
But suddenly, the sky swirled with a strange twister above, and then disappeared. But right at the appearance of the twister, the pokemon suddenly gasped and fell to the ground with a quick, terrified scream. Chibo stopped glowing, and suddenly lay on the snow, unmoving and a strange, pale sickly blue.
“Chibo! Noooo!” Barry suddenly felt his chest twist with pain and he let out a yell as he fell to his side, feeling like he had just had a seizure. “Ugh….what happened?”
“Ahahaha!” Prima Dona’s expression suddenly went wild with craziness. “You see?! The power of love and heart bonding doesn’t work here where the greatest amount of darkness lies! The dark shadow sky above my very birthplace has been growing with evil as I live on. And slowly, each year I am alive, the dark sky feeds on my darkness, wherever I go, and expands to become stronger. One day, my darkness will become so powerful that it shall take over this planet!”
“But you can’t get any stronger than you already are!” Yelled Barry, glaring up at Prima Dona as he rose to his knees. he felt too weak and too cold to stand up straight. “Dalyah is still alive—still out there somewhere! The light of the angel pokemon keeps the balance of darkness and goodness in proportion, and even though it may not be here at the moment, your power is not going to get any more useless than it is!”
“Useless?!” Prima Dona looked pissed. “Hah! My dear….my powers are by far…way more useful than you can imagine.” She suddenly struck the sky above him, where a small amount of light still shown between the gaps of the dark, forming sky. Barry gasped at the strange glowing figures that fell down from the light sky. he widened his eyes with astonishment at the sights he was seeing. The figures that were falling from the sky were all the friends and family he had once known at some point in his life. He caught a glimpse of Ash Ketchum and his Pikachu, falling from the sky to land on the snowy ground to fade away again. then he caught Champion Cynthia, landing to the ground with her Garchomp and Milotic. She and her pokemon disappeared as they landed on the ground.
“All these people and pokemon…” Prima Dona’s eyes were ice cold. “….each of them shall soon discover the truth behind your terrible mistake.”
“No….” Barry gasped breathlessly.
Prima Dona continued on menacingly. “They will soon learn of the terrible act you had performed on Lake Verity, accident or not. They will soon understand WHY you are not in their world at the moment…..for wouldn’t you think your poor little family would be worried about you right now?”
Barry held his breath, staring right back at Prima Dona with alarm. Of course he wanted to know what was going on with his family….and what they were really doing at the moment. How had they reacted to their strange disappearance? How long had they really put their families into worry….for their long time absence?
“They…..they don’t know, do they?” He breathed. He couldn’t imagine how much Professor Roawn could’ve found out….
Prima Dona was smiling with deviousness. “Oh, don’t ask me, Barry! Hah! I’m NOT your mother.”
And suddenly, a strange spirit started to glow from the back of her. a figure that almost reached her height stepped from behind, looking warm and so full of wisdom next to the crazy, cold form of Prima Dona.
Barry took a step back. “Dad!”
“Barry…my son….” Palmer’s spirit in the fifth dimension looked so translucent, though at the same time, it was bright and glowing with intensity. “You couldn’t have….could you? what is this terrible mistake you have made? What is the reason for you and your friends’ deep trance for so long?”
“I….” Barry didn’t know what to say, but he suddenly caught something in his father’s voice that sparked him. “Did you say trance?!”
Prima Dona huffed and crossed her arms. Palmer looked into Barry eyes, stepping up to him just a yard away. next to him, a strange portal formed and Barry saw himself looking into the town of Twinleaf, his own hometown, and he suddenly felt the saddest feeling of all—the feeling of being homesick. How he missed the sweet-smelling atmosphere of his own birthplace, the very place where he had been raised and the very world where he had grown up with pokemon of his own. But then he found himself looking right into Professor Rowan’s lab….and there he was, sleeping like a baby in a bed at the corner of the lab.
Barry flinched. “WHAAAT?! I AM DREAMING?!”
Palmer nodded with a mourning look in his eyes. “We all thought you were dead….Professor Rowan found your body in Mt. Coronet after he heard Dawn and Lucas were found atop the meadow in Floaroma. Paul’s brother, Reggie, was looking for him, and he had found Dawn and Lucas, asleep next to each other by the hills near Mt. Coronet. Rowan and I investigated the place, hoping to find the rest of you guys there…and sure enough, we found you, all by yourself in the deeper caves of Mt. Coronet. You, Dawn, and Lucas have all been asleep for the longest time now….we have almost come to accept the fact that perhaps you all are really gone..”
“We’re not gone! We’re more alive than you think!” Barry protested. “Or….at least we were, anyways….” He couldn’t bear to explain to his father how things had been going on their strange journey behind the eyes of imagination. “But wait! Dad….you found me in Mt. Coronet? The last place I was before….I found myself here?! Wasn’t there anyone else with me?!” He felt his heart pound with intensity.
Palmer suddenly looked crestfallen. “Well…..we found Paul a few days later, for it took a little while longer to find his body. He looked like in the worst shape of all, for he wasn’t even breathing when we found him. but he has been in the same strange sleep trance as you guys—unmoving without a single shift in your sleep. You all lay in the lab of Rowan’s like dead bodies, nothing on you alive except the slow breaths you take at some points.”
“But…..what about….” Barry felt his eyes already water with tears.
“I’m sorry…..the only one we never found…was Kaira. We couldn’t find a trace of her body anywhere….and goodness knows what has happened to her.”
A distance away, Prima Dona gave a cold snicker.
Barry gasped. “You—you NEVER found Kaira?! She was right beside me when we were whipped away! how could you….” But he understood before he even asked the question. Kaira belonged to this world. The rest of them had been teleported through the portals of the dimensions, and apparently, they had fallen into a sleep that they would never awaken unless they returned through those portals again. it was like the works of the spirit world in the fifth dimension—when one fell into a dream, they would wake up in the fifth dimension part of the world, where they would perform and see themselves alive in another place in their dream, while their real body still existed in their own world. The messengers must have done this, Barry tought. When Chibu had heart bonded with Kaira, it must have been able to take both he and her to the fifth, simply by putting them into some kind of sleep that would have them wake up in the fifth dimension—though their waking in the other dimension would be real, and no dream at all. The messengers had a strange ability for that, and Barry understood how Chibo and devil Chiba had done the same to Dawn and Lucas, and Paul.
But Barry’s heart faltered with sadness at the thought of Kaira. She was part of this workd herself….and she really did belong here. when her spirit had transported through the portals, her entire spirit must have gone through without a trace of herself back in the dimension of earth. Barry looked down at himself with a piercing emotion. His pokemon were standing around him, all with worried, longing faces as he slept on peacefully, looking like there was nothing going on with his other spirit in the fifth dimension at the moment. Palmer’s body was kneeling next to him by the bedside as well, and his head was buried in his arms in a deep sleep.
Palmer’s spirit was right there, in front of Barry right now as well, though in the fifth dimension from his dreaming trance he was in on earth.“Barry….I’m sorry. If…if Kaira is with you right now--”
“Oh, come on!” Yelled Prima Dona impatiently, stepping up to the both of them with haste. The devil Chibu and devil Chibo stayed behind to hover above the unconscious body of Chibo, and Barry couldn’t see what they were doing to it as Prima Dona stomped up to Palmer’s side. “Tell him the reason why you’re here! tell him the real secret about why Kaira is what she is, and how that has driven the rest of you to awaken in this dimension of dreams and inner spirituality!”
Prima Dona flashed Palmer a deepening glare, and as Barry watched his dad turn to look at Prima Dona straight in the eyes, and felt a surge of hopelessness. “No! Dad, don’t!”
And suddenly Palmer knew everything. He turned to Barry with a shocked, look, his eyes wide and dazed form the cold stare of Prima Dona. “Barry—it’s true? You…messed with Mesprit, the Being of Emotions?”
“Dad, no! you—you can’t believe her, it was all an accident!”
“And now he knows!” Prima Dona stepped in front of him and Barry never saw the angelic spirit of his father again. “Now he knows, my love! For he is dreaming next to you like a desperate father, and has awakened to meet his dreams here in the fifth dimension at the very region of Lluyan. But I have pulled him over here! by the powers of darkness to control the darkest of portals, I have summoned him over to meet you one last time, to understand everything that has happened before you DIE. He will wake up in his own real world, back by your side, understanding everything about where you are—and WHY you are here! But! When he awakens, you won’t be on the bed in front of him anymore. No, my dear. You will meet your fate, and your destiny will come to take over with what was prophesized to be done. You will die in the fifth dimension, and your body and spirit in the other world shall vanish just like that, while your one real spirit within shall disintegrate into the Black Hole of nothingness.”
Prima Dona was stepping up slowly to Barry.
Barry gasped and stepped back, stopping just as the back of his heel nearly tipped back into the pool behind him. He glanced behind him and saw that the pool was a jet black color now, swirling in a vast, terrifying sight, ready to swallow him up. Around him, the wind blew with more and more chilling fear. The skies above were now showering dark shadows instead of the glowing angelic figures that Barry had recognized.
But Barry saw that he did recognize those shadows. They were still people and pokemon he had known throughout his life, though they were in their shadowed, evil dark form. They all were missing faces, and they were nothing but mere Shadows of darkness that didn’t disappear like the angel spirits did when they touched the ground.
“NOOO!” Barry suddenly saw his own father once again—and this time, he was a Shadow of darkness, with nothing but the matter of evil within him. Barry almost let himself fall back into the whirling tide pool with shock, but Prima Dona suddenly grabbed his arm and pulled him up to her face so that he was staring straight into her eyes, which had now turned into a bright green gaze.
“Please don’t fear,” she was speaking in a sarcastically innocent tone. “These are just Shadows, and they really can’t touch the world like their real mirrored images. They can only play funny tricks, and mess with the knowledge upon the dimension they exist in. But, pretty soon, they will become more than just that.” Prima Dona’s voice turned into a menacing hiss of evil. Barry felt his spine tingle as she spoke right at him, while her eyes bore into his at the same time. It was almost enough to make his heart freeze, and he was feeling a coldness that he would have never felt from the cold winds around him. “When the dark shadows cover the entire sky, Ultramaur shall be summoned. You see……ever since you have arrived in this world, the dimension was growing angrier and angrier, and the planet within wanted to punish you. of course, the planet within is Gaiyah the pokemon itself, but since there is no Gaiyah—Dalyah and Ultramaur would be the pokemon within. But without Dalyah, there’s only Ultramaur. There’s only darkness. And darkness has been getting stronger each day, each year, and so I have been feeding on my evil and darkness from Ultramaur within to form this dark shadow above, to make it grow stronger. And when YOU came, the spirits were stirred. They became disturbed, and that was what got them easy bait for the dark spirits to take over more and more, and the more stronger the dark spirits became, the stronger and bigger the dark shadow became. Even though you havent seen this dark shadow for itself just yet….the weather HAS been showing signs of growing stronger with darkness.”
Barry recalled all those moments when the sky appeared dark to his eyes, when every time he was anywhere except the Spirit Garden, the weather always portrayed a gray darkness to it. in Crestfall, in the Yonga Mountains, even in the humid region of Tunka. He realized that the planet was trying to warn him, trying to show signs of darkness and gloom through the gray cloudy days, for there really was a powerful dark force getting stronger somewhere else, because of the aid of Prima Dona, and himself as well.
“No…” Barry repeated, slowly shaking his head, his eyes full of fear. “I’m not like you. I’ll NEVER be like you….”
“Oh, but you are like me, in many ways!” Prima Dona let out a girlish giggle. “You’re headstrong and ambitious like me, and you’ve always wanted to stand out and be the one who’s right over everyone else around you—just like me! And just like me….you are the strong cause of this dark shadow. At your arrival, it grew more stronger. When Kaira’s spirit was slowly lighting up though…..I was getting worried. I felt the dark shadow slowly ebbing away because of the renewal of her love—the renewal of the love pokemon, but then YOU destroyed it.” She looked at him proudly. “You destroyed her power of love, and at the same time, she’s become WORSE. The dark shadow has really been aided, and I am proud to see it coming back again! pretty soon, the dark shadow shall fill the entire sky, and when it does, I shall be able to summon the call of Ultramaur, whether those fools of pirates make it to that island or not! Ultramaur will be HERE, ready to do its job! Those pirates are just to keep Kaira from having any contact with this part of the world ever again! I have sent them that message, through the works of the devil messengers!”
“No! Kaira! You can’t!”
“Hah!” Prima Dona pushed him from her, and he nearly fell back in the water. “I will, my love! I will! HAHA! Too bad you never got to see what it would be like to be a servant at my side! But I’m glad someone did!”
Around him, the winds grew more powerful, and the sky was dark with extreme blackness. But as the sky portrayed its jet black color, the snow around Barry was still clear and pure white without a single shadow. The spirits had stopped falling, and Barry felt nothing but the chilling power of the snowstorm overtake him. in front of him, Prima Dona rose her arms and hovered higher in the air, and aimed her spear at the ground. “HIYA!”
A strange, burning shape of a pokemon appeared just a few feet from Barry. He widened his eyes. “No….LUCAS!”
It was an Infernape, and it was staring right at him with shocked eyes, scared as a small, lost Starly. It let out a cry of terror as it met Barry’s shocked gaze.
“Hah! And now, my fire child…..DO WHAT YOU WERE MEANT TO DO!” Through the blinding blizzard, Barry saw Prima Dona shoot her spear right towards the pokemon, and as the dagger hit the very back of Lucas, the pokemon flinched and froze, suddenly turning a red, anonymous glowing color. Barry watched with awe as Lucas burned with all his might, melting the very spear of Prima Dona. Suddenly, the earth shook and all her pokemon that were concealed inside rose from the grounds, cracking through the snow and ice, letting out cries of pain and surprise at their sudden summon from the spear. The largest of her pokemon, Celine and Lapras, rose with a loud caterwaul through the storm, making the blizzard seem more powerful.
But at the same time, darkness seemed to flow in the skies. Above Lucas was Prima Dona. Above Prima Dona, was a strange swirl of dark blackness that seemed to match the pool behind Barry.
Barry glanced at the pool, and he found that he could never lift his eyes from that very pool again. his eyes blended in with that terrible blackness, until he realized he was blind and couldn’t see a thing.
All he could hear was the last of Prima Dona’s voice. “And now….my dear love….sleep well.”
Barry heard Lucas’s terrified Infernape cry as his body fell back into the dark blackness of the pool, sinking in for a second, and then slowly rising up again, in a mere block of ice, concealed in like the dead soul he was.

Lucas stared at the frozen glacier in awe. Barry's body was frozen like a mere statue, and the glacier was as clear as a glass window. His eyes were open, though they seemed to be a dazed, unblinking frozen calm.
Above him, Prima Dona was cackling.
"AHAHAHA! FINALLY! Now! It's time I take matters to my dear creator! I've sacrificed this very human before the dark shadows, ending the disturbance in this stupid dimension. The spirits can calm now, though it's already too late for them to suddenly fight back the dark spirits that have overtaken them. Chibo! Chibu!"
the two devil messengers were hovering up to the evil witch, and Prima Dona was rising higher into the dark sky. "Come, all my dear pokemon!" Prima Dona's pokemon all gathered beneath her, for they were no longer able to be summoned by her very ice spear. she had sacrificed it for Lucas, so that he could use the fire within to call Ultramaur through the dark powers of her spear. And he had sacrificed the spear while he was at it too.
Prima Dona was herding her pokemon away, so that they all disappeared higher into the darkening black sky. Lucas hid beneath a jutting burrow in the ground. He couldnt bear to look at the terrible witch. He watched as they all disappeared in the dark sky. He whimpered. He was all alone in the frozen wasteland of Prima Dona's own birthplace. Pretty soon, she will return, whether she had noticed his absence or not. She would be returning, and the next time she and her terrible pokemon came back, they wouldn't be alone. Ultramaur would even be with them. She had summoned him using her dark magic against the black sky, as well as Lucas's own power of fire to draw it near.
Lucas crawled from the burrow. the land around him was white and covered with snow. Despite the jet black darkness of the sky above, there seemed to be no shadows from the sky above. Everything still seemed as bright and white as blankness. Only the sky above portrayed a strange blackness that didnt reveal shadows below. But that still made Lucas feel even more crept out and scared. The land seemed to have a strange calling within, and as Lucas tried to burn with warmth and fire, he could feel no intensity from this place. The land had a heart within that was as cold as the deepest depths of the ocean.
Lucas turned to look over at the glacier of Barry. The pool it floated upon seemed as still as can be. It reflected the dark extreme blackness of the sky above. The glacier didnt even seem to move with the wind. Barry's body was as still as the water. Lucas looked over ahead of him, slowly making his way to the little blue shape that was half buried in the snow. Chibo's small, helpless body looked dead and defeated.
"It can't be dead," Lucas thought, gazing down at the unmoving pokemon. "It's a.....messenger of Dalyah. It can't be dead...." But looking at the blue body with its sickly pale color, with no glowing brightness around it, the pokemon looked utterly defeated. Lucas didnt know what to do. He knew his fire powers were useless up here in this frozen wasteland, and that if he even tried to let out the fire to free Barry, it would just be as useless as trying to light a match in the water. It wouldn't work. The power of ice and darkness was too strong up here. the sky seemed to be getting even blacker than it already was every time Lucas looked up at it.
He blinked back a tear and picked up the little Chibo. He carried it up to Barry's body in the glacier, and let his warm Infernape hand touch the image of his face.
But Lucas flinched as something sparked him as he touched the glacier. The glacier was as cold as he had ever felt, and a single touch almost froze even his own burning hand. Lucas glanced down, gasping at the other sight he noticed. Where Prima Dona had been hovering, there were strange fragments of what looked like coal. But as Lucas kneeled to feel them in the snow, he realized it wasnt coal at all. They were paper-thin flecks, and as he smeared the tiny tidbits together, they seemed to blend with each other and form a larger shape together. Curiously, Lucas narrowed his eyes and tried to clean up the entire collection of black fragments. But before he could finish half of it, he was given the most anonymous feeling of his life. The dark flecks were pieces of dark magic that had come from Prima Dona's spear when he had melted it. Part of it had survived, and still lay here in the very snow. This was dark magic. This was what was able to have created Prima Dona herself, long, long ago by Ultramaur himself. And they were able to do it again.


Paul sat in front of the psychic Madrid, fighting the fear that pierced through him.
Dawn was locked in the basement, all by herself without a single pokemon to protect her. As soon as Madrid had found her and Paul spying on her, she had put them all to sleep, and the next thing Dawn knew was that she was locked in a dark room where the door was high above from her reach. She could hear the footsteps of Mardrid, and the voices of Paul and the angel Chiba as she waited helplessly for what was to come. This psychic was working for Prima Dona, and who knew what she wanted to do with him.
"Now.....you know your purpose in this very world, dont you?" Murmured Madrid, her cat-like narrowed green eyes stabbing into Paul's gaze.
Paul looked back at her carefully. He nodded. "I am the bringer of darkness. I was meant to summon the likes of Ultramaur and let the very pokemon find its way forward, to commingle within the light of Dalyah."
"You want to create Gaiyah again, dont you?" Madrid's eyes were peering at him. She had her hands clasped around something round and circular, though Paul couldnt make out what it exactly was. Above her shoulder, the devil Chiba hovered with a glaring look at Paul. Paul tried not to look at the terrible little pokemon. He did not want to have anything to do with devils or Prima Dona anymore.
Madrid chuckled when Paul said nothing. "I am a psychic, as you know.....and I am able to tell the very diversity of our world....track every move of whatever spirits i want. I know where Dalyah could be, and that's why Prima Dona wants to have as much to do with me as she can."
Paul raised his eyebrows. "You....know where Dalyah could be?"
Mardrid chuckled again. "Fool....of course I know where it could be. Why.....Dalyah has gone to where all good pokemon go when they've been defeated, though for Dalyah, it shall not be temporary. See.....it all started when Gaiyah first came into this world, and created the very planet itself. It created the pokemon from within, along with the people that were meant to summon the pokemon and control their power with their strange diversity of intelligence. But the people also saw how strong Gaiyah had been. One day, Gaiyah had risen from the earth to punish the humans for their foolishness and bad choices they have made against the very pokemon of the planet. It was angry with their power, and what their difference from the pokemon would have them capable of doing. And it was at that very moment when he had risen from the planet, that a very human named Zan-Xuin himself battled Gaiyah for himself."
"Zan-Xuin..." Paul echoed the name.
"The man was a scientist, and he had trained pokemon to become ever so strong, though he was part of the reason Gaiyah was angry. Because people weren’t exactly like pokemon themselves, they were using pokemon as particular slaves in battle pretty much, using them as creatures that would serce htem in pointless battles against one another to show off skill and strength. Gaiyah didn’t want the pokemon of its planet to be treated this way, so it rose, ready to befall a curse upon the people. So as it rose from the waves and the volcanoes within, it gave a mighty roar that changed the course of each person’s spirit. Now if people were to die, their bodies wouldn’t disintegrate back into the earth. The remnants would eventually disappear into invisible matter of dust, and make its way to be vanished into the Black Hole, where not even the ashes of their bodies would be seen again. you’ve heard this story before, have you not?”
Paul nodded, watching her carefully. Chiba’s eyes were glittering on him as the psychic spoke with intensity.
“Well, I bet you haven’t heard of the story behind Zan-Xuin have you? there is a region why the strange anonymous region of the north is given that particular name. a strange man born of darkness and psychic with his very own pokemon, was intensely curious about the rise of Gaiyah itself. It was very rare for a person to be born with the gift of both psychic and darkness at the same time, but surprisingly enough, Zan-Xuin was born with it. because it was such a long time back near the early beginnings of the planet, Zan-Xuin was the first being to ever possess those rare abilities. And he was born with the pokemon of both psychic and darkness as well, including his most prized pokemon that looked up to him as its trainer—the very pokemon of Cresselia and Darkrai themselves.”
Paul tensed. Memories of the legendaries were flooding back to him of his last encounter with those pokemon back in his own world, in the Sinnoh region.
“Now here in the fifth dimension, Zan-Xuin was able to control these pokemon with…..powers a little different than the ones in your own. He confronted Gaiyah itself by luring it with the darkness of Darkrai, and the calling bright light of Cresselia. Gaiyah was just hovering above Zan-Xuin, and then instantly started a battle. Zan-Xuin used Darkrai and Cresselia to fight their hardest against the pokemon itself…..and believe it or not, the power of psychic and darkness was almost as powerful as Gaiyah’s inner strength itself.”
“What exactly is Gaiyah?” Paul asked, narrowing his eyes. “I mean…what type is it?”
Madrid’s eyes glittered before she spoke again. “It’s a pokemon born from YOUR very planet in earth. Remember that it really doesn’t belong here, but from earth, where Arceus banished Gaiyah forever. Gaiyah was born from Arceus’s creation of the planet of pokemon, made up of the powerful grass that grows within the earth, as well as the waters of the treacherous seas…..and the fire of the natural volcanoes of the earth.”
“No way—Gaiyah is THREE types of pokemon?”
“Four, to be exact,” muttered Madrid. “It is a mere dragon type as well, for it bears the features of the most powerful type of pokemon there is. Dragons are well connected to the earth as well the elements of fire, water, and grass. While it bears features of a dragon and looks almost closely related, it is pretty much just a mere pokemon fire, water, and grass.”
Paul blinked with awe. Such a powerful pokemon at that….
“Anyways…..while Zan-Xuin battled on Gaiyah relentlessly thorugh the night, he never got to defeat the pokemon in the end. The pokemon defeated Cresselia and Darkrai, and killed Zan-Xuin with one powerful attack, known as Earthen Dire. Zan-Xuin died, and his body disappeared up into the Black Hole.
“But even though Zan-Xuin was defeated, Gaiyah was left weakened and almost utterly destroyed. But the pokemon wasn’t able to die. Instead, it split into two pokemon that would live on stronger to keep both spirits alive, creating the very pokemon of Dalyah and Ultramaur. This was the start of the pokemon of goodness, Dovanna and Phandolia, as well as the bad spirits in the world, like Prima Dona herself.”
Paul nodded with understanding. “I take it that the very place Zan-Xuin battled Gaiyah was upon what’s now known as the mountain of Phandolia?”
“Correct. And in order to restore the rightful balance of spirits in this world again, Gaiyah must be recreated on that very same spot, in this very dimension. Remember that this world is always controlled by the influences of your own earthen planet that you come from.” Madrid raised her eyebrows. “Whatever you have done in the first dimension will be affected on the other side of dimensions, here in the fifth. So be careful next time you try to mess with Darkrai and Cresselia. There’s a reason why those pokemon are so rare in your world as well.”
“Heehee, that’s right, purple head!” Chiba snickered. “Break a twig in your own world, and you could be breaking a twig that’s in the hands of a soul in this fifth dimension! Be careful where you step, and always think of others around you….”
“Anyways,” Madrid interrupted Paul’s silent thoughts with the devil pokemon. “I have here…. a ball of supernova.” Madrid brought up her hands to the table in front of Paul. She had been cupping her hands around a circular object.
She suddenly opened them, and revealed a strange glowing ball of glimmering light. Paul felt suddenly entranced by the light, but then he flinched back with a sickly feeling. "This is the light that bears the spirit of Dalyah.” She spoke dangerously. “I am a mere psychic…..and I am the only descendant of Zan-Xuin myself.”
Paul gasped. “You? A descendant of Zan-Xuin?”
“Zan-Xuin died before he could pass on any of the supernatural psychic-and-dark powers that he possessed. But he was married to a lady born of psychics herself, and she was only pregnant with me at the time. After he died, she died of grief, and amazingly enough, through the powers of dark and psychic, I was born from her right after her death.”
Paul narrowed his eyes in disgust. He rose up, slowly taking a step back. “You….were born after your own mother’s death?” How was that even possible?
Madrid chuckled. “Oh…..through the very works of psychics, darkness, and even a disturbance from the other side of the dimension probably.” She gave him a wink. “Anyways, I have managed to live through time, using the power of psychics and dark to create what was called ‘magic.’ Or in other words, you could call it sorcery. I was able to live on without death, without ever becoming old, and able to live and see through the changes of the natural world through eternity, and I’ll admit….I HAVE been living in hiding and secret, for over centuries of countless years, since the transformation of Gaiyah itself.”
Paul felt crept out. “You’re even older than Prima Dona.”
“Hmm….it wasn’t long until Prima Dona was born. After the very creation of Ultramaur, the pokemon had used the magic of darkness out in space to create Prima Dona. After Dalyah had defeated Ultramaur in battle, though, it had been locked away in the powers of the Black Hole, and had no connection with its own planet, except through the aid of Prima Dona herself. Eventually, Prima Dona became powerful enough so as to create Ultramaur’s own little messengers, the devil Chiba, Chibo, and Chibu.”
Next to her, Chiba gave a shudder, and the devil Chiba snickered with pleasure.
“And with the aid of Prima Dona and her pokemon, she was able to free Ultramaur as she battled the pokemon Dovanna herself, letting it disappear under the works of sorcery and matter, leading to Dalyah’s downfall. Without Dovanna, and without the goodness of love, Dalyah became weaker, and Ultramaur was able to battle its way out of the Black Hole. And ever since Ultramaur has defeated its way out of the Black Hole, Dalyah has been missing, captured in a very dimension that no one but the messengers can find their way through.” The supernova ball in Madrid’s hands glowed with a brighter intensity. She gave a narrowed glance at it. “But….I have here, the light that was once part of Dalyah before.”
“The light?” Paul peered at the ball, but it stung his eyes so badly that he nearly yelled with horror as he flinched his head to the right with his eyes squeezed tightly shut. He never wanted to even glimpse it again. “What in the world IS that thing?! Ugh…..my eyes…” He felt like he would go blind.
Madrid’s hard expression didn’t seem to change as she looked up from her own gaze at the bright ball. Her own bright green eyes didn’t seem to be affected by the extreme light intensity. “This…..is…..the star that once fell from the sky when Dalyah had been battling Ultramaur. See……it used a move that was supposed to be super effective against a devil pokemon like Ultramaur….it used a move called Lustrous Beam, when it would summon the light of its angelic soul to destroy Ultramaur. But instead, it hit a star, and the star was destroyed by the powerful attack, and its fragments eventually disappeared into matter in space. But one fragment of the star fell to this very planet. When I had found it, I realized that as it was surrounded by the planetary pressure around here, it wasn’t able to disappear like the rest of the fragments. It was still a live part of the star. and it bore the light of Dalyah since its own attack had struck it. within time, I kept this piece of star safe, calling it the supernova ball. It bears Dalyah’s own brightness within its soul, and with it, you can even summon Dalyah itself.”
Paul felt his heart tighten. How could he know this strange cat-eyed lady was telling the truth? He glanced at the angel Chiba…and the pokemon was peering at the bright ball with an intent gaze. Paul felt sick just by looking at the pokemon. That light was terribly blinding to him, and to see how Chiba was taking it all in just scared him.
But in his head, he heard another voice.
“Chiii!! Yahh! Agh! No! take it away!” The devil Chiba was twitching in the air furiously, and backing away from Madrid as it twisted and turned in the air like its body was psychically being pulled apart.
Madrid glanced at the devil pokemon and let a humored smile creep up her face.
And at last, Paul understood. That star—the very object in Madrid’s hands—was part of the key to Dalyah itself. It bore the light that was part of the angel pokemon’s soul, and if it just got a little more powerful…..it could really summon the likes of Dalyah itself. “Dawn….” Paul looked up and caught his breath. “We need Dawn. She is the bearer of light. She is part of the prophecy. She is the key to Dalyah! I-I must find her!”
“Nonsense,” Madrid was holding the horrifyingly bright star in to her chest. The ball looked even more distinctive over her dark clothes. “You think I’ve explained to you all this just so you can help yourself as to save the world? No…...I’m not going to let you fulfill the prophecy. I’m not letting you bring up the darkness of Ultramaur to commingle with this light of Dalyah. I’m here to make sure this star piece destroys you….and that I make sure Dawn is kept in a place where she would never find this star again….”
“Chi!” Instantly, Chiba lunged forward and tried to grab at the star in Madrid’s hands, knocking the psychic over the table.
Madrid let out a grunt and hissed. She wasn’t the type of person that would let out screams or squeals. But she rapidly fought back at Chiba with a powerful swat with her right arm, sending the little pokemon flying back against her wall between two funny shaped picture frames. The little pokemon squeaked in pain and glowed with a shocking red color.
The devil Chiba immediately shot forwards to attack at Chiba, but just as it passed by Madrid, the star’s extreme brightness overtook the devil pokemon and the devil Chiba screamed in a high pitched pain that nearly broke Paul’s ears.
“Ugh…” Paul squeezed his eyes shut. He wanted so badly to spring into action and help the little angel Chiba, but the brightness of the supernova star was so intensifying. Devil Chiba was the devil. Paul himself bore the darkness of the devil. The light of Dalyah was more than intensifying to them. it was deadly enough to lead either of them to their deaths.
Paul whipped to the left and immediately ran through the halls of the house, squeezing his eyes shut and pressing his hands over his ears from Chiba’s loud, terrifying squeal.
“Ugh….” Madrid rose up from the table and pointed a finger towards Paul, holding the supernova star against her with the other hand. “After him….”
The devil Chiba shook itself and let out an angry “CHI-CHIII!” And it shot passed Chiba, giving it a harsh shove before gliding through the hallways of the house after Paul.
Paul found himself running through many doors and strange passageways. What was this? A house of many ways? It really looked like a small cottage house from the outside, but there seemed to be a strange heck of a lot of hallways and wide empty rooms full of nothing but trinkets and pictures on the wall. Some were pokemon, and Paul recognized many of the dark, psychic, and ghost types.
Suddenly, he tripped over a pile of chains that wriggled from the floorboards.
“Chiii!” The devil Chiba’s echoing cry came from the hallways down to his left.
Suddenly, a bright light exploded from the right. Paul ducked and let out a painful yell, and the angel Chiba appeared from a tall archway to his right. “Chi!” It hissed to him with an urgent look on its face. it was carrying the supernova ball in its tiny hands.
“Paul?!”
It was Dawn’s voice, coming from underneath the chains. Paul lifted up his head and gasped, realizing the basement was right under hear. He pulled off the chains and opened a door in the floorboards, gazing down at the face of Dawn.
“Dawn!” He instantly grabbed her hand and pulled her out.
She huffed and climbed from the basement, smelling like smoke. “Ugh! It’s a Wurmple hole down there!” She suddenly gasped and shut her eyes, though she didn’t seem to be feeling the pain Paul was going through right now. “Oh, that light is so bright!”
“Dawn……you’ve got to understand!” Paul was speaking quickly. “I really shouldn’t be here with you—not right now at this moment!”
“What?! What are you talking about?” Dawn’s voice was urgent. “We must summon the light and dark together…” she turned to face Chiba holding the supernova star. “And I think we’re very close….” Her eyes were going into a clouded daze. She was staring directly at the ball. “Paul….Dalyah is somewhere within the star. we can summon it using the light form that very star, by enhancing the powers within me—as the bearer of light. We must do this together!”
“AGH!” Paul suddenly flinched and fell to his knees. the light was literally burning his skin. “I can’t! You beling to the light, I belong to the dark! The only way we can be brought together, is if Lucas himself draws us close! For he’s the power of fire!”
Suddenly, a crash from the left exploded, and Madrid was standing there with the devil Chiba hovering above her shoulder.
She was staring at Paul with calm but narrowed green eyes. “That’s right, my little children…..and don’t forget. There won’t even be Dalyah without the aid of Dovanna. You can use all the light and goodness in you that you can. Without the love from Dovanna itself, there will be nothing.”
“Oh no…” Dawn gasped, her eyes full of shock.
“Chi….” Devil Chiba was growling as it started shaking with pain again from the light.
Madrid was making her way forwards up to Paul. “Now…..to take care of you…and banish you. Prima Dona wants you both dead….and she told me specifically for YOU to die right in front of the eyes of Dawn….since she didn’t get to see Barry himself at her feet like this…”
Dawn gasped and put a hand to her mouth. “Barry….?”
Paul was yelling and clutching the top of his head as he bowed on his knees. he couldn’t go forward where Madrid and the devil Chiba were….nor could he go back behind him where the light was burning his death.
But suddenly, Chiba started crying. “Chiii….Chiii…” and it closed its eyes, focusing a red glowing light on Paul. It held the supernova ball tightly in its hands.


Far away, back up in the Harpa Mountains, Lucas suddenly lifted his head up to see a strange glow from the snow behind him. The angel Chibo was glowing. He hurried over to it, and his heart sank when he saw that it was not at all moving and looking like it was coming back to life. Its eyes were closed, and its body lay motionless. But it seemed to be glowing, and Lucas could finally feel a warmth in its heart….a fiery warmth that he had never felt since he got here, and since Barry had passed on.
The angel Chibo seemed to be communicating with someone. And it was the angel Chiba, back in a strange, faraway forest of darkness……and light……

“We’ve changed our courses, just to let you dogs know,” grumbled Trevor, walking pass Kaira and a small group of pirates.
Kaira looked up and frowned. “Why? I thought we were going to see the devil pokemon.”
“Well, it turns out that Prima Dona has found her own way around without our help. The sky’s become as dark as the shadowlands, haven’t you noticed?” Trevor glared at her with tired eyes. Ever since Kaira had kissed him like that, he had been trying to avoid her with an uncertain look on his face. Kaira didn’t care. As far as she was concerned, she hated every single pirate on this ship, and she would much rather die the next day than live her life forever in this nightmare. She wanted to see that devil pokemon and somehow escape on that island, for if that was the island of the devil, it probably wouldn’t be much worse than the ship she was upon.
Grutch huffed. “Eh….”
Trevor continued to explain. “Prima Dona’s been working on the dark shadow in secret for countless centuries. Finally, it’s become large and powerful enough to spread across the entire world, and once it covers the entire atmosphere, Ultramaur may be summoned, with the aid of the darkness within the prophesized human. But! That doesn’t mean we should land upon Dark Raven to drop this hussy off.” He cast a nod at Kaira, giving her a haughty grin. “Prima Dona doesn’t want this girl to get any closer to the lands of the Askip, nor any other land in this world when the summoning of Ultramaur is taking place. The dark shadows need to be free from all goodness and light, especially this girl right here.”
Kaira rolled her eyes and stood up. “Oh, please! Make it quick! We’ve been sailing for how long now? Just get me to the island and get it over with! I wanna end this shit so badly!”
Trevor and the other pirates all started murmuring lazy laughs at her snide remark. Harvard gave her a nudge. “Aw, come on, princess! You don’t wanna stay and be mine? I can make an awesome spouse, ya know!”
Kaira gave him a smack on the face that got the other pirates staring at her with awe and interest. “Only when I find myself in hell after I die.” She spat and stalked away, her head held high as she passed Trevor.
Not looking back to care what the pirates were obnoxiously laughing about after she left, she gazed out at the horizon with narrowed eyes. The sky really was a strange dark gray, though not the same dark gray that was portrayed for any sign of bad weather. As Kaira glared up at the sky, the dark clouds glared back down at her, though she saw that the clouds alone weren’t the dark grayness that made her feel anonymous. The sky itself was a pure dark grayness, as if its natural color was this terrible shade.
Kaira growled and cursed. “Gaiyah….Ultramaur….Dalyah….what B.S.” She raised her voice to a yell, facing the sky with a look of rage on her face. “If there are any such pokemon out there, show me a sign! Why don’t you HELP me here in my stupid life?! Huh?! My whole life I’ve either been looked down upon, or looking down upon others myself! And what has the so-called earth pokemon done for me?! Why hasn’t ANYONE helped me?!”
Behind her, Verdana and baby Dovanna were watching her, standing by a thick pole where Victini clung to. Verdana was watching with disappointment, slowly shaking her head.
Kaira continued to yell. “I hate this world! I hate this planet! I wish I was never born! Whatever I really am, or WHOEVER I really am—a pokemon, a spirit, or a useless dead person—I don’t care anymore! I wished I never lived! I have nothing in my life to feel thankful about, and even if I have, I’ve forgotten all about it! I wish I were DEAD RIGHT NOW!!!”
And suddenly, as if responding, the sky thundered a low grumble and a small amount of drizzle started to pour.
“Quii?” Victini looked up with alarm.
“Dou….” Baby Dovanna suddenly hovered off of Verdana’s shoulders, gazing up at the sky.
Verdana gasped. “No….Kaira!”
“Ugh! Rain?! Great! Thank you!” She was screaming, her face full of rage. “Just exactly what I needed!”
“Hey! Storm! Captain! Storm incoming!” A pirate ran across the ship towards where Captain Bron was driving.
“Everyone! Git all the Magikarp you can find and hide under the decks!” Bron was yelling. “This storm’s gonna get mighty worse! Hurry up now! Scram!”
And instantly, the ship was crowded with a bustle of pirates running and yelling here and there, trying to clean up their gameboards, and trying to find their way into the deck or the Captain’s room.
Suddenly, the drizzle turned into a soaking downpour within a few seconds. Kaira huffed and flinched, feeling uncomfortably cold and wet. The sky was an even darker gray, and almost looked black.
Kaira ran forwards and took Verdana’s hand. “Verdana! Come on! Now’s our chance!”
Kaira looked up at the pale bluish face of the Vaporeon giinka. She realized how easy it had been for the giinka to flee this ship, but she couldn’t since the captain was constantly aware of her to direct them towards the right direction around the region of Thelmer. But now that they weren’t exactly looking forward to the island of Dark Raven anymore, Verdana was no longer much of a use.
Kaira turned to climb upon the bar that lined the side of the ship.
“Wait! What are you doing?!” Yelled Verdana over the thundering rain and crashing waves. Victini clung to her shoulder with baby Dovanna above. The little fire type was obviously frustrated and fearful of the treacherous storm.
Kaira turned with a wild look in her eyes. “I can’t take it here! You wanna escape?! Well, let’s get it over with as soon as we can! Are you going to help me through these waters or not?!”
“Kaira! These waters are dangerous! You’re just willing to jump?!”
“How else are we going to escape?” Snapped Kaira, glaring down at the giinka. “Well, fine then! If you’re still willing to help out these nasty pirate freaks, then be my guest!” She turned and instantly disappeared as her body flung off the side of the ship.
“Douuuu!” Baby Dovanna instantly flew down towards the crashing waves below.
“Kaira!” Screamed Verdana. Without thinking, the giinka leaped off the boat and splashed into the water. Victini teleported as soon as she was off the ship. The waves thundered and crashed around her, but the giinka was a skilled swimmer, and she easily found Kaira struggling under the waves as she was being thrown around the water like a dead fish.
Kaira felt Verdana’s grasp around her waist. The giinka had its tailfin clutching her.
As the waves crashed around Kaira and rapidly clogged her breath, she felt as if her disastrous life was finally at its end, becoming the worst before she would die. She felt the deadly waters wash through her and cleanse her of her long time dirty self, though at the same time, wash away the rest of the life she had left in her. Kaira fell into a deep sleep, letting the ocean waves flood over her vision before she closed her eyes and stopped breathing.
Kaira saw pure darkness. At first, there was nothing but silence, and darkness that was even darker than if she had her eyes closed. But then a strange light seemed to glow in the distance, seeming so far away. Kaira couldn’t tell if she were asleep or awake. She didn’t know what she felt, except that she was bitterly cold…and dangerously weak….
“Kaira….”
The smoothest, most handsome voice echoed through Kaira’s head. She slowly opened her eyes, and she was looking into the light of the heavens, and she thought she could see a glowing shape run down towards her.
“Kaira….?”
The voice spoke again, this time, sounding familiar. Kaira felt her heart lighten. She had heard this voice before, and she had never forgotten it since then.
Her eyes brightened at the sight of Phandolia prancing down from the lighted heavens above. The silver unicorn pokemon was as valiant and beautiful as she had last seen it. Its silver eyes glittered with the most distinction, and Kaira already felt her long time broken heart slowly heal at the sight of this pokemon. She watched as it transformed into a man, becoming the tall, slender shape of Lan, dressed in a silver pale robe that matched the fur color of Phandolia. His hair was as bright and silvery as the pokemon’s mane. He was gazing at her with warm, welcoming eyes.
“Oh, Lan….” Kaira felt a softness in her heart that she hadn’t felt in so long. “Is it true now? Have you come to take me home…..to the light?”
Lan smiled and Kaira was surprised to see that he was chuckling with humor. “Oh, Kaira my dear. You are not dying. You’ve been rescued, and you’ve been washed ashore near the land of Harpa.”
Kaira winced. “Harpa?”
She suddenly looked around her. She was lying on her side, laid upon a rock in the middle of a dark ocean. The sky was none but a pure black above, and the ocean was the same darkness it reflected. To the left was a beach covered in snow, not too far away from where she was lying upon. Lan was kneeling down in front of her on the same small rocky platform. Baby Dovanna was hovering over his shoulder, gazing down at Kaira carefully.
“W-where am I?”
“Verdana brought you here,” replied Lan calmly.
“Verdana….” Kaira’s head felt so washed up that she had to struggle to remember the name. but luckily, she didn’t have her memory literally erased a second—or third—time.
“A good giinka she was….she rescued you and brought you here. I’ve been watching you carefully, so I decided it was the right time to finally come down and meet with you again.”
“You’ve watched over me the whole time?!” Kaira would’ve screamed, though she felt so weak and her voice was so hoarse that she barely raised her tone. “Then why didn’t you help me or show me a sign? I…..was miserable on that ship….”
“And miserable you were,” Lan sounded sad. “I didn’t come down to help you, because you had lost all trust in me, and everything that had to do with your life.”
“What do you mean I’ve lost trust in you?” Kaira’s heart ached to be beating so hard. She felt like such an old person, lying on a death bed. “I’ve always had trust in you…and I’ve always longed to see you again. You…..you really should’ve--”
“Your attitude on the ship and everything you were going through with those terrible pirates were poisoning your mind.” Lan was speaking carefully. “With all that hard work and all that interaction with such obnoxious men, your mind became traumatized. You had already arrived on that ship with a broken heart, ready to give up, and ready to just let yourself meet whatever your fate would take you.”
Kaira’s mind was spinning. “Oh you’re right, Lan. I’m so sorry. I’ve…I’ve been bad. I’ve made mistakes…I’m sorry. I was just…I was just so broken. I didn’t know what kind of things were taking over me. I let myself become the brat I was.”
Lan slowly nodded. “Do you even recall why you were so broken when you arrived on that ship?”
Kaira couldn’t think clearly. She felt like she could just drift off into an everlasting sleep without ever waking again. “I don’t know…..I can’t remember at the moment….”
“Your memory wasn’t erased a second time, though your feelings and emotions were what caused it to go away. Just like making foolish choices in life, one can befall a state in which they no longer see themselves or recognized where they even are. Those pirates tortured you, didn’t they? They made you feel even more humiliated than you already felt. And eventually, they drove you to your craziest that you learned to become as obnoxious and well adapted to them as they made you.”
“I guess I have……”
“Kaira….” Lan put a hand on her shoulder, looking deeply into her eyes with a warm look. She looked back, feeling a strange feeling that surged through her, making her feel uplifted and thankful to be here with Lan right now. “You played an important role in this world before the pirates kidnapped you. The reason why I didn’t show up to help you is because I wanted to see you find your own way. You had baby Dovanna, and you had hope within you. I was disappointed to see that you didn’t use that hope to keep you on your feet each day you spent with those pirates, and help keep a positive attitude.”
“What exactly happened, Lan?” Kaira asked softly. “What was I like before I arrived on that ship? I…I don’t remember anymore…it’s been so tough. I had gotten to the point when I just visualized myself as a person who had lived my whole life upon that ship, kidnapped as a baby against my will….”
“Try to remember,” Lan’s eyes bore into hers. “You remember me, don’t you? Look into my eyes and try to think why you know me, how you know me. Who am I, but a mere legendary of the world, Phandolia, the pokemon of goodness?”
And as Kaira looked into those shining silver eyes, as beautiful as she would ever see, she suddenly recalled the moment she had last been with Lan—with Phandolia. She remembered prancing through the clouds and the heavens above with this man in his beautiful pokemon form, and how he had made her feel happy and thankful like she’s never felt before. And she suddenly remembered who she was herself as well. She had been the pokemon Dovanna, the pokemon of eternal love, one that had stuck by Phandolia’s side so long ago…..before she was banished and brainwashed of such feelings, and had her memory wiped out by Prima Dona. She had arrived to this very world, so that she can find herself again, and become restored as Dovanna so that she can summon the light of Dalyah, the very angel of the earth and fulfill the prophecy of Gaiyah.
And remembering her purpose, her mind suddenly came back to when she had first arrived here with her beings of earth that would bear the elements in the prophecy. Most of all….she remembered Barry, and how she had been so close to being his true love. Of course, she had never totally forgotten Barry, but her agitated feelings had caused her to forget the real reason why she and him were so far apart, and what was the importance that had taken place between the both of them. She remembered him as the unwanted one of the prophecy.
“Oh dear….” Kaira suddenly looked away from Lan’s eyes. “Barry……I can only predict he’s in trouble right now…..Prima Dona….”
“Barry is in deep trouble at the moment,” said Lan gravely.
“Really?”
“Ever since you left, your friends had split up in their own ways, trying to find what’s left for them to do in this world. Without you, the whole process of bringing together Ultramaur and Dalyah together with the elements of darkness, light, and fire would be pointless. There must be love, as well as happiness and a good spirit in order for Dalyah to truly come back. My spirit isn’t enough. Happiness and a good heart must have a sense of love as well, so you are needed to take part in the summoning of Dalyah as well in order for Dawn to restore its existence on earth.”
Kaira blinked, her eyes going into a daze. “Dawn….” She remembered all the tough times she had with her, from irritation, to jealousy, to a closer, friendlier bond……before she had officially been scarred by the sight of her pressing her lips against Barry….
“Right now, Dawn is trapped in a dark forest where she bears the very light of Dalyah itself.” Lan was looking at her intently. Baby Dovanna was quietly cooing with concentration. “She is ever so close to being able to summon Dalyah back…but she is unable to do it without you. Especially since she is in the hands of Madrid, a terrible psychic lady that has lived since the splitting of Gaiyah.”
“Where’s Barry?” Asked Kaira urgently, rising up to stand on her feet. “I have to see him first. I know this can help me. If I can see his face just one more time……I bet I can feel the love that has really been inside me before…..and that I can use it to help Dawn summon the likes of Dalyah. Lan…..you know where he is, don’t you?”
“I can take you to him,” said Lan, blinking his eyes carefully. “But you must be strong. He is in the land of Prima Dona, frozen in the element of ice at the very heart of her birthplace. Prima Dona is not too far away, and she is close to summoning Ultramaur herself. When the devil pokemon is revealed, you must have Dalyah summoned at the right time so the transformation of Gaiyah can begin.”
Kaira nodded. She let a smile etch her face. “Thanks, Lan.”
Lan dipped his head. “I will do anything for the aid of Dovanna.” He spoke with wisdom and gratitude. “Am glad that you’ve opened your eyes….before it was too late.”
Kaira looked around. The waves were as calm and still as the night, and Kaira felt as if she were surrounded by darkness except for the shine of light from Lan and baby Dovanna. “Where’s Verdana now? And Victini?” Kaira knew the pokemon had been a fire type, and that it must have been dangerous for it to be out in such a storm.
“Verdana has returned to her home in the middle of the sea,” said Lan warmly. “Victini has escaped ashore, and will find its way into the wild where it belongs. It communicates with Verdana, though. For those two share a bond that will teach each other the ways of both the land and sea. While Verdana swims the hearth of the world’s oceans, Victini roams the land in secret, communicating with each other to let each other feel for their friendship and support.”
“Oh….” Kaira didn’t exactly understand, but she hoped that both of them were alright, and that they were free from the pirate’s control. “I….I hope they know how thankful I am to have met them. I know Verdana never got to see me for who I really was…”
“She’ll understand,” Lan smiled at her gently. “She has heard of the many legends and rumors of what’s been going on around the land and sea, and she’s heard stories of you and your friends’ travels. She knows you really weren’t the girl she was worried for on the ship.”
Kaira sighed. “That’s good.”
Lan looked out at the shore, gazing up at the black horizon. “Well……I must take you as soon as we can. Prima Dona is so close to summoning Ultramaur. You must act and help your friends right now.”
And Lan transformed into a gracious unicorn pokemon of Phandolia. Kaira felt a rush of exhilaration run through her and she hopped upon Phandolia’s back, feeling lightheaded and giddy to be riding the pokemon.
And baby Dovanna landed on her shoulder, holding tightly. It cooed happily in her ear, and Kaira smiled, giving it a tickle at its chest.
“I’m sorry for ever leaving you…” she thought silently, knowing the pokemon would already understand.
“Dou….” Dovanna nestled comfortably on her shoulder.
And Lan rode off, galloping into the night with Kaira at his back.
It didn’t take long at all for him to reach the top of the Harpa Mountains, at the very place of Crest Peak. Kaira felt the darkness from the sky above bear an even deeper and stronger sensation of evil when she arrived here. The action of dark spirits were most powerful here. This was Prima Dona’s home. This was her very birthplace of her body.
Phandolia landed beside a pool where a glacier floated. Kaira narrowed her eyes at how dark the pool was. It reflected the darkening image of the sky above, and she felt a sensation of dread as she stared down into it. The pool was probably an everlasting depth, where if she were to fall in, she would probably fall on and on forever until she found herself in the Black Hole of nothingness.
Kaira slid off Phandolia’s back and baby Dovanna hovered off her shoulder. Kaira walked forwards, examining the glacier and stopped with a dazed look in her eyes as she saw the body of Barry, frozen in the glacier with his eyes open, looking blank and distressed. She felt her heart ache at his unmoving body. He had finally met his fate. He was trapped in the element of ice, where the dimension would rid him of his presence for his unwanted acts.
But Kaira could bring him back. She must bring him back…or at least find a way to love him again so that she can restore herself as the pokemon Dovanna.
Phandolia was watching her with patience, as still as a statue. Kaira slowly brought her hand up to touch the glacier upon Barry’s face.
“Barry….I love you…..I still do. I haven’t forgotten anything that has gone through between us…” she spoke in the most audible whisper, and she put all her feeling into the glacier, and suddenly, the entire thing burst and Barry fell in her arms.
Kaira gasped, holding onto him as he fell forwards onto her. She slipped to her knees and let him fall to her side. He was still unconscious. Kaira gazed at the water as the particles of the glacier dissolved into the blackness.
She turned to gaze at Barry’s pale, lifeless face. “Barry…..please,” her eyes were filling with tears. She let her hands rest on his shoulders. She couldn’t bear to stare into those lifeless eyes. She felt all the need to just reach out and kiss him…..and free him from this terrible state he was trapped in.
She closed her eyes and focused on the feelings within. She pushed away the coldness that echoed all around her. She focused on all her love and happiness for having Barry around….and suddenly, she heard a sound.
“Uh…” Barry was suddenly stirring, and his eyes closed shut. Kaira opened her own eyes and looked hopefully down at Barry as he blinked and gazed back at her with a clouded, unreadable tired expression. “Oh….what happened?”
“Oh, Barry!” Kaira gasped, she threw her arms around him as he lay there in the snow. “I’m so glad….you’re alive.”
“Alive?” Barry spoke quietly. He gently pushed Kaira off of him and gazed back at her with a confused look in his calm eyes. “Um….I’m sorry…..what happened? I don’t know….who you are.”
Kaira suddenly felt alarm drain through her. She felt her heart beat with shock. “What?!” Her gasp was a mere whisper. “W-what are you talking about…”
“I don’t remember anything…..I’m sorry. Who are you? Who….am I?” Barry slowly looked around. “What is this place…..?”
And Kaira thought she would fall back into the earth and let the snow swallow her up. She had brought Barry back to life……but it was like he was starting his life all over again. He had no idea whatsoever.
She turned with a look of horror on her face as she glanced at Phalndolia and baby Dovanna, who were both looking at her with a sorry expression.
“Just as I was afraid of…” whispered Phandolia. “Barry has been confined to ice—an element of coldness and bitterness, freezing not only his body and soul, but the memories in his head. Prima Dona has made it so that he has no memory of his own, just as she had done to you before.”
“No….” Kaira whipped her head to face Barry’s apologetic and confused expression. “That can’t be…..you can get it back!” He HAD to remember his memories. Not just for her—but for himself and his own good as well. Kaira loved Barry, and she wanted more than just for him to be happy for her. She could not let everything that he’s been through just go to waste. She knew he can remember. She stared at him with alarm and intent. “Please……you must remember…”
For a moment, Barry and Kaira both stared at each other with awe. And then suddenly, Kaira slowly brought her face closer to his, closed her eyes, and gave him a kiss. She felt her heart throb right at the moment, and then suddenly she felt herself fall through a feeling of nausea, happiness, and….a feeling she had never understood or felt before.
Barry too, felt bewildered at the sudden kiss, and he soon closed his eyes and let himself feel the intensity of what felt like love and happiness.
It seemed like hours before Kaira lifted her face away, and stared into Barry’s eyes with a calm, clouded look.
Barry looked equally dazed, and he slowly blinked and met her eyes. “Kaira….”
“Oh, Barry!” Kaira felt like crying.
Barry stared at her for a second, and then threw his arms around her, hugging her with a warm, thankful feeling.
Kaira could feel it pulse through him. He loved her. Despite all that they’ve been through, and everything that had tried to separate them, he loved her. And she knew she loved him. Kaira was lost in her feelings.
Finally, she let Barry go and gazed into his eyes. He was almost smiling at her. “Kaira….I’m so sorry….”
“No, it’s alright. I understand…” Kaira replied with an intent voice. She looked to her left. She let out a shocked, quick gasp. Phandolia was gone—again. Baby Dovanna was the only pokemon hovering in the distance just a few yards away from her and Barry. The little pokemon was almost transparent and blended in with the snowy around it.
Barry sighed. “I didn’t know my real feelings for you were as close to love….at least not just yet.”
Kaira looked at him with patient eyes.
Barry was looking sorry. “At first, when I found out how much you truly loved me, I was ashamed for not have taken notice….but I still wasn’t sure with how I felt about you and your feelings myself. But…..after what I had been through with Dawn….after how I’ve seen how it deeply hurt you and destroyed you, I realized where my true loyalties and feelings lie. I guess I really was in love with you.” He looked at her with a calm smile. “I—I’m sorry for what you had to see…..and everything you’ve been through.”
“Oh…..am glad to hear it from you finally,” murmured Kaira. “But are you sure? I mean……it’s not up to me to decide where you should go. If you really love Dawn….I’m fine with accepting that. I will still have a place for you in my heart…..and I will still know what it’s like to have a feeling as powerful as……love.”
“Oh, please,” Barry almost chuckled. “I’m not in love with Dawn. At first I thought I wasn’t, and then I was for a while, but then I realized that I couldn’t be in love with someone……if I’m already feeling for someone else.” He looked at Kaira with new eyes.
Kaira felt like her heart would burst. She didn’t know what to say to Barry. Just a few moments ago, she was fearing for everything he had forgotten. Now she was ten times as scared at what he really did remember and what he truly felt.
Barry put an arm on her shoulder, and leaned a little forwards. Kaira was almost expecting a second kiss, and she held her breath. “I want us to be together, Kaira. I want us to understand both of our love. Not just for your sake of being Dovanna, but for both of us too.”
Kaira felt dizzy, and then suddenly a piercing feeling hit her. “If I become Dovanna again…..” she realized with a shock. “I’ll….I’ll never see you again, or Dawn, Lucas, and everyone else back in Sinnoh. I….I would be restored to my rightful dimension….where I belong….”
Barry raised his eyebrows. “Oh…..are you sure? I mean…..your rightful place is…where your heart really lies…”
Kaira felt confused. She had finally felt the power of love. But she understood that love was more than just feeling happy and an everlasting thankfulness. Love was full of stress, full of confusion and even a hateful feeling that was even more powerful than hate alone. She had gone through so much with her love for Barry, and she realized that not only has she known all along what it’s like to love, but that there was more to it than just the feeling of love itself. And now she was looking into Barry’s eyes, knowing she had completed her feelings of what the pokemon Dovanna really possessed. “Barry, I don’t know…..I really do love you, and I always will, but….”
Suddenly, there was a rumble. Kaira and Barry looked up to the sky above and Barry stood up, taking Kaira’s hand and helping her stand. “Prima Dona……she’s summoning Ultramaur. Pretty soon, we’re going to have to contact Dawn somehow…..”
“Ultramaur,” Kaira narrowed her eyes. “We must hurry.”
And a strange glow erupted from behind them. The two of them turned to see that a fiery pokemon was making its way up to them, carrying a small shape of a glowing blue light.
Kaira gasped. “Lucas! And Chibo!”

Barry stared at his little heart-bonded partner with awe. The little pokemon was lying lifeless in Lucas’s warm Infernape hands. It looked like a dead football, without its pale bluish glow.
“Chibo…..” he breathed. His mind was spinning with various memories he had had with the little pokemon since it heart-bonded with him. He could almost feel the pokemon’s warm spirited presence wherever he went, and now he could feel nothing behind the pokemon at all. He couldn’t believe how close he had been to losing his memory forever—to losing all memories he had of him and the little pokemon as well. He turned to Kaira with look of gratefulness and relief, though with worry. “It’s gone….Prima Dona defeated it. She…” He closed his eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened. “She used the power of her darkness within her spear and paralyzed it—I don’t know if it can ever come back now. I can’t even feel its voice anywhere within me.”
Lucas whimpered in front of him, looking like a sad delivery pokemon holding up a failed object in its hands towards Barry.
Kaira stared at the little pokemon with wonder. “Wait….it’s not dead.”
Barry gasped. “It’s not?”
“Look…it’s slightly glowing. And not just from Lucas’s fire either.”
Baby Dovanna tweeted and hovered above Kaira’s other side and gazed at the little pokemon with big blue eyes.
Barry watched the small messenger in Lucas’s hands. They all stared intently at it as a bright blue glow slightly circled its body.
Suddenly, Kaira gasped and looked up from the pokemon.
Barry turned to Kaira. “What?”
“It’s communicating. Another messenger is contacting it. I think…..” Kaira turned to baby Dovanna. “Is it Chiba? Or….Chibu?”
“Dou….?” Dovanna was staring intently at Chibo, trying to study it.
Lucas let out a small cry and lighted with fire. Suddenly, Chibo hovered off his hands and its unmoving body seemed to carry itself a foot above them all, as it glowed with a brighter intensity.
A blinding blue light erupted from above the pokemon, and suddenly the area around Barry, Kaira, Lucas, baby Dovanna, and the angel messenger was lighted with a shining glow. Above in the top center of the light, a two figures suddenly appeared and came forward, until the sight of Dawn and Paul came into appearance.
“Paul……Dawn……” Barry stared at them both with awe. Dawn was bright and shining as the sun, and Paul….he looked distinctively and creepily dark as he stood right next to her, his face sharp and unreadable. Hovering above both of them was the small red shape of Chiba—the angel Chiba.
In Dawn’s hands, she carried a circular shaped glowing ball that seemed to brighten her body as she clasped her hands around it. the light was blinding, and it seemed to be hurting Paul. He collapsed to the ground next to her.
“Paul…!” Barry was about to run up to him, but Kaira let out a hand. “Wait! Dawn……is that…”
“The light of Dalyah?” Dawn looked at Kaira with a raised expression. “Yes. Apparently, this piece of fragment was once part of a star that Dalyah struck with its power of angelic light. This piece fell to earth, and it has concealed a connection to the pokemon itself.”
“Use it!” Cried Barry, suddenly feeling excited. “Hurry! Prima Dona’s gone up to summon Ultramaur now! wherever she may be, it probably isnt too far form the Black Hole or something! You must use it so when she does bring the devil--”
“Calm down!” Dawn was speaking urgently. Her face was distressed and she suddenly looked down at Paul. “It’s hurting Paul! We must do something about him before we take matters to Dalyah. Remember, Paul himself is the one that shall bring forth Ultramaur, not Prima Dona.”
Next to her, Paul was shifting and crawling away, and baby Dovanna helped guide him to the back of Kaira and Barry. “It’s blinding me….burning me….” He muttered darkly. Barry turned to see how distressed his face was. it felt strange to be around him again, and in a state like this.
“Gee…..hey there Paul,” Barry couldn’t help saying. “It’s been such a long time since we’ve actually seen each other like this. What happened to you and Team Solar?”
Paul growled and tensed his body, turning his head to look down and face away the blinding light that shone from Dawn.
“Please…don’t blame him for anything he’s done,” Dawn was looking at all of them with sadness. “He’s decided to make better choices, and he is willing to take part in this prophecy with the rest of us. He’s changed his ways…..I’ve changed his ways.” Dawn then looked at Lucas, smiling, and then from Lucas to Barry and Kaira. “And anyways, it’s nice to see you again—all of you.” her eyes were suddenly looking more calm and thankful. “I’ve missed you all.”
Barry smiled back and hesitated, not knowing what to say back.
But to his surprise, Kaira spoke first before him. “Nice to see you too, Dawn, Paul. I’m glad we’re finally all in this together.”
“Oh Kaira…..” Dawn was looking right at Kaira with a sorry look in her eyes. “I’m sorry for the idea you’ve gotten about me. I – I never wanted anything like this to turn out between us. I thought we were going to become great friends and….I’m sorry you had to see what you saw…”
Barry bit his tongue, noticing the way Dawn seemed to be trying to avoid looking at him.
Kaira said nothing for a moment. Barry wondered what could be going through her head. Baby Dovanna was staring at her intently. She nodded her head and smiled back again. “It’s alright.”
Dawn looked at Barry, her gaze looking a little troubled, but happy to see him as well. “Barry….I wouldn’t ask any more of you….so…..”
Barry chuckled nervously. “Hehe, me neither. We’re still good friends, though, right?”
Dawn blushed and nodded. “Of course.”
“Ugh…..you kids going to carry on with that waste of mushy stuff?” Grumbled Paul behind Barry. “Or are you still scared about taking over the world?”
Dawn laughed. “I guess we can discuss this later. Where is Prima Dona? Oh! And we still don’t have all the messengers with us!” Dawn looked around, from Chibo in Lucas’s hands, to Chiba at her side. “Where’s Chibu? And what happened to poor Chibo?”
“Where exactly did you find that fragment?” Kaira stepped forward, eying the lighted ball.
“She stole it from ME,” murmured a menacing, creepy voice.
Barry and the others turned to the left. There, standing by the dark pool, was Madrid, glaring at them with glittering green cat eyes. next to her, hovered the devil Chiba, glaring at them with a menacing stare.
Barry jumped and widened his eyes at her. “Whoa! Where did YOU come from?!”
Dawn was staring at her with the same surprise. Paul barely lifted up his head to peek an eye over his shoulders to growl in frustration. Kaira and Lucas stared at her with a narrowed glare.
Madrid stepped forward, with the devil Chiba hovering by her shoulder. Her expression was focused and angry. “I knew I’d find you here. You think you can just get away with that star and summon Dalyah, don’t you?”
Dawn backed away with a look of fear. “Of course! I’m the element of light….and with the power of light, I can restore the pokemon Dalyah from this star, and with the aid of Kaira—or Dovanna as she is—the pokemon can come forth and fulfill the prophecy! You’re working for Prima Dona, aren’t you? You’re here to stop us. Well, you can’t!”
Madrid chuckled. “Such brave words,” she muttered quietly.
Barry narrowed his eyes at her. “You were with me by those caves! You tried to kill me, or at least get me into the hands of Prima Dona!”
Madrid turned to look at Barry with a smile. “Oh, hello there, Barry. Nice to see that you’re still alive, or at least what’s left of you.”
Barry frowned with offense.
Paul rose to his feet. “Madrid, you have lived since the splitting of Gaiyah. And you wish to stop us from ever getting the pokemon back together. What ARE you going to do? The power of psychics is useless up here. This is a barren frozen land of darkness, not psychics. The power of darkness is strong here—and I can feel it, which is why I’m lucky enough to stay alive by the side of that terrible star. But the power of darkness is also enough to make sure your stupid powers of psychics don’t interfere with us!”
“Hmph….fool,” Madrid’s eyes flashed and the devil Chiba scoffed. “Didn’t you listen to a single thing I told you about in my story? I bear both the power of psychic and darkness….just like Zan-Xuin himself.”
Suddenly, the black sky above both of them rumbled, and Barry looked up to see a strange gap above them swirl with a paler blackness. The figure of Prima Dona suddenly came down, and this time, she was alone. There was no devil messenger, or any sign of her pokemon. She glared down at all of them with a haughty smile.
“Ahahaha! So! We’ve come to our final countdown, haven’t we?” She hovered above them all, flashing her sharp red eyes over all of them.
Lucas growled and started burning with flames, and next to Barry, Kaira remained frozen. The light in Dawn’s hand suddenly grew a little paler.
Prima Dona suddenly focused her gaze on Kaira. “Well, my dear. Nice to see you looking fresh and yourself again! What?! Has your love become so powerful that it even freed the little imp at your side?!” Prima Dona gave a taunting smile towards Barry and laughed. “HAH! I’d like to see you two kiss! I bet you’d kill him if you bore the love as strong as Dovanna yourself!”
“Shut up, Prima Dona!” Kaira snapped, glaring up at the icy witch. Barry gave her a raised look. He was surprised to see her speaking this way. Perhaps she still held on to part of her bitter attitude she had developed with the pirates. “I’ve conquered my fears, and solved my problems! I’ve learned more of what love is really about! And now that we are all together—all four of us—we are ready to take on you and your stupid Ultramaur! Where is your nasty little pokemon now? Have you even summoned it yet?”
“If you haven’t,” Paul was yelling up at her, “I will!”
Prima Dona started cackling, and the gap above her suddenly spun with more intensity. Barry felt a tight feeling at the sight of the terrible witch hovering underneath that horrifying swirl of darkness. He was expecting the devil pokemon to just suddenly appear any time soon from that very gap.
“Kaira!” Prima Dona was glaring furiously now. “How will you defeat me?” She spoke in a sweet, but angry tone. “You aren’t even Dovanna yet! Hah! And up here, you’ll never transform into Dovanna. The darkness around this place is too strong, and it will keep any form of light from getting any stronger! Just look at that piece of junk in Dawn’s hands! It’s barely having any effect to its surroundings! And you think Dalyah can just be summoned just like that? You’re wrong!” Prima Dona was suddenly glowing with a white brightness around her icy body. “With the power of darkness……and the cold from the very core of my heart…..” she was speaking in a chanting tone, half-closing her eyes and spreading out her arms. “….I bring you forth Ultramaur…..the pokemon of darkness—the devil itself.”
Barry heard a chuckle from Madrid. “Nice knowing you, and good luck,” she was speaking to the devil Chiba. Barry watched as the pokemon rose up towards Prima Dona, letting its small body disappear within the swirl of black darkness. As soon as the pokemon disappeared, Prima Dona flashed open her eyes.
“The messengers have all returned,” she hissed, staring out ahead. “The messengers of Ultramaur alone can serve a power of darkness to draw the pokemon nearer. Now that they’ve all returned to the Black Hole, they will summon a call for Ultramaur, and guide the pokemon to the very force of darkness that has been created over this world itself. Over the terrains and landscapes of this planet, the dark sky spreads and fills the entire world with a shadowy darkness. Ultramaur will appear here on this very mountain, where I will summon its power and let it destroy all of you.”
Dawn gasped and looked at Lucas with horror. She looked up at Barry with a look of awe. “No…..this is why we should’ve made it to the northern mountains of Phandolia! The light is stronger there….and the force of angels is much more powerful. We wouldn’t have to be coping with this!”
“Hah! She’s right, my little wannabe,” Barry looked up at Prima Dona. She was glaring at him. “If only YOU didn’t screw up the paths that you earthlings were traveling, just like you did in the other dimension, things probably would’ve been different!”
The sky above Prima Dona was starting to rumble. “But now things have changed…”
Kaira turned to Dawn. “Give me the star,” she said urgently. “I must find the aura of Dalyah.”
“Oh….are you sure?” Dawn slowly handed her the star.
Kaira nodded, her eyes full of an intent focus and determination. “With the aura in me, I can trace the angel pokemon and help it find its way back. I can let it know that I’m back, and that I’ve returned to this world.”
Kaira held the star in her hands, and Barry gasped as she started to glow with an even brighter intensity that Dawn had. Paul was the first to flinch and back away, and the rest of them slowly stepped back with awe as they watched Kaira close her eyes to read the aura within the star.
“No…” Madrid was staring at them with a shock. She cast a glance up at the sky. “Prima Dona….they’re….”
But the ice witch was chanting, clasping her hands together and uttering a strange language that was probably communicating with Ultramaur. She was glowing with a brightness as well, and was too intent to notice the dark psychic.
“Oh! Barry, Paul…look!” Dawn was gazing at Chibo in Lucas’s hands. The angel Chiba was hovering above his head, glowing with hope.
Barry turned to see that Chibo was starting to glow as well. The light behind Kaira touched the little pokemon, and suddenly, Chibo was hovering off Lucas’s hands again, and slowly opening its eyes. Barry heard its dear little voice from the outside, as well as in his head. “Chi…….”
“It’s alive…..” muttered Paul with awe.
“ACHHH!” Suddenly Kaira screamed and she fell back with a rapid collision to the snow. The star flew out of her hands and rolled to the left. Madrid rushed over to it as quick as a Ninjask, and grabbed the star, holding it selfishly to her chest.
“See?!” Prima Dona was glaring now. “You’re too weak here! You may have defeated the spirits within my stupid Team Solar grunts, but you’ll never defeat me!”
And suddenly, a flash of darkness erupted from the gap. There was a rumble in the sky, and pretty soon, the rumble became a growl. Barry looked up with horror as he heard a strange, creepy-sounding snarl that sounded like a Lucario or a Giratina.
Dawn fell to her knees. “Ugh! The darkness!” She was squeezing her eyes shut and covering her ears.
”Dawn…” for a second, Barry almost wanted to wrap his arms to comfort her….but suddenly, Kaira shot up to her feet, glaring at Prima Dona. She uttered something under her breath that Barry couldn’t understand, and then suddenly, a glowing light erupted from the star in Madrid’s hands.
The light struck out and hit Prima Dona. “AGHHHH! NOOO--- WHAT THE--”
And Madrid let out a groan, suddenly dropping the star and letting her head hang. A wave of darkness and a strange purple light blasted over Barry and the entire area, and Barry felt himself shut down.

Lucas opened his eyes, finding himself lying on a cold stony ground. He looked around. He was in the middle of nowhere, and the sky above them was a dark black, though not as jet black and shiny as the sky back on Crest Peak. The entire area looked like an unborn landscape. Everywhere was just gray rocks and a stony ground. It was as if Lucas was in a cave, though the cave was outdoors.
Lucas thankfully wasn’t alone.
“Ahh! MADRID, YOU FILTHY IDIOT!” Came the voice of Prima Dona.
Then suddenly, a squawk erupted after the angry voice of Prima Dona. “ACHH! I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU--” SQUAAAAWK!
Lucas winced and looked around him. He couldn’t find any sign of Prima Dona, or his friends.
“Ow! Hey! Whoa, there! Haha, look at you! I guess I’m not going to be as scared of you anymore!” Barry’s voice sounded humored.
“OH, SHUT UP, THE LIKES OF YOU--” SQUAWWWK!”
“OW!” Barry yelled back. “Hey, that hurt!”
“Well, serves you right, Barry!” Dawn laughed. “I mean, you never made fun of Lucas this way!”
“Well, it’s different with Lucas,” Kaira chuckled.
There was suddenly more squawking and angry, strange cries.
Lucas turned and peered around a lopsided boulder to find that Madrid was standing with Barry, Kaira, and Dawn to her left, and Paul to her right with Chibo and Chiba hovering above him. They were all looking down with a half-smile on their faces at a pokemon that seemed to be thrashing around in a fit. The pokemon was a bird, an Unfezant, and a female one by the looks of it. It was angrily squawking and spitting gross blobs of greenish-gray liquid, and the others ducked to try to avoid its attack.
Lucas narrowed his eyes, confused, and then nearly burst out with laughter as he realized what had happened. He couldn’t see Prima Dona anywhere, and the pokemon’s angry eyes were as blazing and piercing as the icy witch’s.
“SQUAAAAWK! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU ALL! ARGHH! BY THE POWERS OF ULTRAMAUR!” The four foot bird pokemon was flapping its wings angrily, though it meant to annoyingly beat at the people around it rather than fly away.
Lucas couldn’t believe it. Prima Dona—a mere scraggly pokemon in the form of a bird. How amusing! He had no idea how it happened, and he almost thought he was still lost in the most ridiculous dream.
Prima Dona whipped around and spat a blob of green spit that hit Lucas above the eye. Lucas flinched and let out a startled Infernape cry, burning with shock.
Everyone tutnred to look up at him.
“Lucas!” Kaira cried.
Lucas knew he wasn’t dreaming. Humiliated and angry, he wiped off the gooey slime off his head and glared at Prima Dona.
“Awwwwk! How DARE you get me caught up into this! I blame everyone and every damn thing around me!” Prima Dona started cussing and cursing in her pissed off high voice.
Lucas growled and stood tall over the pokemon. She was now just a few inches shorter than he was. “You spit at me like that again and I’ll have your feathers sticking up your butt!”
“HAAARGH!” Prima Dona pecked at him with her sharp beak, making him yelp with pain. “You dare speak to me like that again and I’ll make sure there’s nothing but dead smoke come out of YOUR butt!”
“Calm down, will you?” Madrid let out a sigh, though Lucas could tell that even she was trying to keep herself from cracking up. Prima Dona was in such a ridiculous state. “Alright, I bet if I work back my powers, I can somehow turn you back….”
“You better get me back to the way I was before I whoop your ass for getting me into this in the first place!” Prima Dona’s bird-like eyes weren’t much different from their normal piercing glare of hatred. She glared up at the tall, darkly dressed Madrid with her feathers fluffed out. “I blame all the curses of evil and misery to YOU, Madrid! What in the name of Ultramaur have you done to me?!”
“Well….” Madrid’s pale face blushed from trying to hide her humor as she looked down to meet Prima Dona’s gaze.
The others snickered and Dawn and Barry couldn’t help whispering to each other about her funny form.
“SILENCE YOU!” Prima Dona shot a blob of spit towards the both of them, but they managed to duck just in time.
“Whoa!” Barry huffed. “Ew, that’s gross! Is that all you can do now?” He turned to Lucas. “Hey, Lucas! How bad was it? Rather have her spitting crap at us than dark spirits and ice shards!”
“I will DESTROY the next soul that makes as much as a chuckle!” Prima Dona demanded.
“It seems as if my power of dark-and-psychic teleportation has interfered with the likes of commingling,” explained Madrid.
“Huh?” Asked Barry. “Say again?”
Madrid met his gaze. “When Prima Dona was summoning Ultramaur, I caught a glimpse of the eyes of the very devil itself. I thought if I used some of my powers of sorcery on the supernova star, it would help destroy the very star forever. But I guess I accidently teleported us all instead of just the star. it shone intense light, and it spread my power with the rest of you all around it.”
“You tried to teleport it?” Kaira looked at her with a wince. “What’s the point of that? wasn’t it just going to get destroyed anyway once Ultramaur entered through the gap?”
“Not exactly,” said Madrid. “I was afraid it would destroy Ultramaur instead, so I wanted to send it back to outer space, where it would eventually die off and disappear like the rest of the star fragments had done. But when I used the psychics of teleporting it away, the light burst and overcame all that was around it, teleporting anything close to its surroundings to where….I was planning to teleport it.”
Paul grunted. “So where are we exactly?”
“Are we on the next planet or something?” Asked Barry.
Lucas gasped. “Wait…..so does that mean Ultramaur has been released into the world without our presence there to control it?” He couldn’t imagine letting lose the most powerful devil pokemon onto that planet without their aid, or even Prima Dona’s.
“No, fool!” Prima Dona yelled, giving her wings an angry flap. “Madrid’s foolish powers caused Ultramaur to whip itself back into the gap! Idiot, you!” She was screaming at Madrid, arching her neck up at the psychic. “Because of what you made that star do, it has burst itself right when Ultramaur was ready to peak its nose into the world, and the light from that star caused Ultramaur to retaliate and send a darkness over us all as we teleported! We’ve wound up in the dimension of NOTHING! We are literally in a state of no space and time!”
Barry winced. “Um…..you mean like the distortion world?”
“Arkkk!” Prima Dona squawked. “Whatever you’d like to call it, we have been whipped away to NOTHINGNESS! This truly is the dimension of nothing, where no time or space controls! Just look at this place!”
Everyone just looked at Prima Dona like she was crazy. But Madrid was nodding. “She’s right, believe it or not.”
“What?!” Barry and Dawn both gasped with shock.
“We’re in the distortion world?!” Dawn looked pale.
Madrid crossed her arms. “I guess Ultramaur got scared of the bursting star and used an attack that would send us to the Black Hole, though luckily, my teleporting process caused us to make a turn in that direction, and instead, led us behind the Black Hole, on another dimension around it. And the dimensions behind the Black Hole of nothingness, is the mere dimension of no space and time. For the Black Hole is controlled by absolutely no influences from your world, or any other dimensions, the world behind it is just a mere dimension of nothing—no time and no space.”
Lucas turned to meet Dawn and Barry’s gazes. He let out a low cry to them, knowing that the three of them had already been here once before.
“So this really is the distortion world,” breathed Barry, looking around.
Kaira looked at him. “You’ve been here before?”
“I don’t know! This doesn’t look too familiar….wasn’t the distortion world full of floating rocks and stuff?”
“Keep in mind that there’s nothing to control this place,” said Madrid. “Over time, things change. But here, since there’s no time whatsoever, nothing can possibly change. This place will be the same as it was, no matter what you do to it. Watch.” Madrid picked up a rock and threw it up in the air. It froze when it was about six feet above the ground, with no space to hold it correctly in place, and then it disappeared. It was laying back where it had been sitting before she had touched it. No time had passed since it had been picked up.
Paul winced. “Hm….I’ve never really understood this particular place. But I know one thing—the pokemon Giratina lives here. And I guess it must have been able to control the action that goes on around this dimension, doesn’t it?”
“No, dammit!” Squawked Prima Dona. “Nothing can control a place where no time and space alters, unless they are time and space themselves!”
Lucas turned to look ahead of him, remembering well. “Dialga and Palkia….”
Prima Dona cast him a furious glare. She could understand his language perfectly well now.
“Well, we know what to do,” said Kaira, blinking her eyes with a strong look.
“Hehe, no not really…..” said Barry quietly.
“Well, we must find Ultramaur,” said Kaira. “Madrid, you said that the supernova star that contained Dalyah’s light exploded?”
Madrid nodded. Her calm expression and her glinting green eyes were still the same. “The power of darkness was overpowering it, so it exploded, but before it was completely gone, it managed to strike Ultramaur so that the pokemon got badly attacked and retaliated with a power that sent us all behind the Black Hole’s dimension. Fortunately, Ultramaur was teleported as well, and it must be somewhere in this dimension. If we can find it, we can teleport ourselves out of here and do whatever we plan to do with it.”
“What about Dalyah?” Dawn asked. “What can we do without the star?”
“We have you,” said Kaira, looking intently at Dawn. “And we also have the power of my inner aura of Dovanna. If we can find Ultramaur and bring forth Dalyah, then we can recreate Gaiyah as soon as we can.”
“And can we do it in this very dimension?” Barry asked.
Kaira shrugged. “Perhaps….we’ll have to see if we can.”
“Argh!” Prima Dona started flapping her wings. “I’ll tell you what we’re going to do! NO ONE’S getting their hands on my Ultramaur! Only I can control what happens to my own creator next! I won’t let anyone--”
“What can YOU do?” Paul said challengingly. “You’re just a cranky old crow now. You can’t defeat us.”
Prima Dona spat an angry blob of spit, this time, barely missing the corner of his eye. “I have my pokemon! They are here somewhere—I left them with the devil messengers to take care of Ultramaur! And when I meet with them, I swear--”
“I bet your pokemon would laugh to want to obey your commands now,” said Lucas, sideways smiling.
“WHAT--” Prima Dona whipped around to glare at Lucas. “Oh, I’m going to kill the likes of…” she suddenly flapped her wings and used a powerful Sky Attack towards Lucas.
“Wahhh!” Lucas dodged the powerful attack. That could’ve done a lot of damage to him especially. He faced up at her with a challenging look, burning with envy.
“No!” Dawn cried. “You mustn’t fight! We have to get out of here now!”
“We’ll have to find Ultramaur,” said Kaira in a low voice. “And in a place like this, it will probably be difficult.”
Prima Dona boosted up a powerful Tailwind that almost tipped everybody over from behind. “I’ll tell you what we’re going to do! First, I’m going to kill this bratty little impudent--” she struck a another Sky Attack towards Lucas, almost getting him this time, “—then I’m going to kill the rest of you! no one messes with my creator pokemon!”
Suddenly, a powerful flash of flames shot at Prima Dona, making her scream and fall to the ground, nearly colliding with Madrid. But the flames hadn’t come from Lucas. A caterwauling cry echoed from behind like a call in a cave.
Lucas turned to see a family of a Gallade, a Gardevoir, a Ralts, and hovering above them, was the glowing shape of Chibu. In front of them ran a familiar Monferno whom Lucas recognized immediately.
“Ch-Chimchar?!” He couldn’t believe his eyes.
The Monferno stopped running and frowned at him. “What?! Hellooooo? What does it look like I am?” Monferno blasted a Mach Punch at the ground, breaking a rock in two, though a second after, the rock immediately reformed again.
“Oh, my gosh, you evolved!” Lucas brightened with happiness. “I’m so proud of you!”
“Chibu!” Cried Kaira happily as the little pokemon hovered around her, squealing happily. Baby Dovanna was tweeting and chasing after it with a playful glint. “Hey, is that—Chimchar?!” Kaira was gazing at the Monferno with awe.
“Ah, shut up!” Prima Dona shook herself and spit. “This isn’t the time to celebrate anything! I’m going to find my pokemon, and then destroy you all! If I’m not capable of my powers now, then Ultramaur will surely help me! And THEN you’ll all be sorry!” with that, Prima Dona spit again and took off into the sky, flying away into the black, dark distance.
“Hey! wait!” Called Barry, frowning.
“Lucas!” Monferno leaped to his side. “You won’t believe what I’ve been through! as soon as I found Gardevoir and her family, they were nourishing her, and together, we took revenge for the destruction of our home! Chibu helped guide us, and together, with the work of the angel messenger and the psychics, we vanquished all of Team Solar! You won’t be hearing from them for a while.”
Lucas gasped. “Team Solar? What did you do to them?”
“Well, first we confronted Dionza near the strange shadowlands of the Askip. Chibu destroyed her with the simple power of angelic light, and without her, Team Solar would eventually grow weaker without such a strong leader. And once we take care of everything else in the prophecy, they are all pretty much good as done!”
“Oh, Monferno!” Dawn hirried over with a delightful look. “And the psychic family? Oh my gosh, what happened to you all?”
“Guys,” Madrid was looking up at the sky with a narrowed gaze. “We can discuss everything while we chase after that nasty bird. Prima Dona still needs to be watched over whether she is human or pokemon.”


Prima Dona immediately took off in the air, flying away up into the darkness. Paul kept up with the others as they all hurried after Prima Dona. Luckily, the distortion world contained no time or space so they were able to keep up with the same speed, no matter how hard they tried to run.
“This is a continuous flow!” Kaira cried, noticing that they passed by the same area of rocks over and over again. “Just pay attention to the surroundings! Even though we run perfectly straight, we wind up in the same exact area as a few seconds ago!”
“Wait….” Madrid stopped and everyone turned to face her. “I think certain gaps and formations in some of these rocks can actually lead somewhere. Someone try stepping around this rock right here.” Madrid pointed to a boulder nearby that seemed to have a glittering sparkle on the other side.
When Paul tried to peer around the rock and get a better look at the sparkles on the other side, the sparkles seemed to crawl away and he still kept his vision the same on the rock, no matter how he tried to get around the boulder.
He winced. “I’ll try, but if I disappear or if anything bad happens to me, someone better come in after me.”
Dawn laughed. “Well, you know it won’t be me,” she was looking at him with a mischievous glint.
Paul gave her a slight smile. He turned and stepped passed the rock, walking on until a strange gap seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, leading on and blending with the rest of the surroundings like it had always been there before. Paul turned and looked back with a raised look.
Barry crossed his arms. “Hah! I have no idea how that just happened, but okay! Look for sparkling pretty rocks,” he winked at Kaira.
Suddenly, Prima Dona swooped over them and let out a piercing screech, nearly missing a fierce grab at Barry’s hair as he ducked and avoided her grab.
“Fools! You still won’t stop me yet!” She hurried on past Paul and squawked in the distance.
“Quick!” Madrid’s smooth voice was urgent. “After her!” And they all took off running.
Paul found it strange to be having this psychic lady on their side all of a sudden—or was she even on their side? She was confusing, and he still didn’t trust her whether she was a help to them or not.
“Hey, I don’t trust having Madrid on our side like this,” he muttered to Dawn as they ran on. “I mean, who’s side is she really on? Just moments ago, she was trying to destroy the supernova star from any easy connection with Dalyah. Now, she’s running with us to stop Prima Dona with whatever she plans to do when she finds Ultramaur.”
Dawn shook her head. “It’s confusing. But all the same, we need to make sure we find Ultramaur before Prima Dona does—especially you.” She looked at him with determination. “You are the prophesized bringer of the devil pokemon, and we need you to take a big part in this.”
Paul nodded and cast a glance to where Lucas was running with the Gardevoir family and the newly evolved Monferno. “And Lucas must take his part when the both of us have brought the angel and devil pokemon together.”



Suddenly, there was a crash in the sky and Paul and Dawn stopped in their tracks. Ahead of them, everyone else was by Madrid’s side as they all stared up at Prima Dona, who had crashed into a rock that hovered in the air. Dawn looked around with awe. “Floating rocks…..I remember this very part of the distortion world!”
Everywhere around them, rocks were floating most of them were about a meter or longer from each other, all in different shapes and sizes. They were barely shaking, for the space and time weren’t holding them correctly. Prima Dona was cursing and shrieking at her clumsy collision with the rock. “Blah! Damn this world! If I had the powers to destroy this place--”
“Look!” Kaira pointed to the horizon. “Something’s coming…..”
A dark figure of a pokemon was flying its way down towards them. A loud piercing screech sliced through the air.
As soon as the ominous form came into view, Paul realized it was an Archeops, the colorful silly-looking, but terribly strong pokemon bird. It stretched out its claws to grip around Prima Dona’s smaller shape of a bird, but Prima Dona immediately struck back with a single swipe of both her talons. The Archeops twisted its body in the air and fell to the ground, crying in pain.
“Now that’s what you get, my unreliable Arceops!” Spat Prima Dona. It was her own pokemon that was her own Archeops. “Now by the powers of Ultramaur, I command you to--”
And suddenly, out of nowhere, a purple flash crashed into Prima Dona and pinned her to the ground, cutting off her rapid scream.
Kaira and Barry watched her with curiosity.
“Hey!” Barry cried. “It’s Ghastleon!”
Lucas watched with humor as Prima Dona flung off her own pokemon, sputtering in anger and confusion. “Fool! I’m going to kill you all!”
Ghastleon hissed with frenzy and got up to its feet, shaking itself.
Archeops let out a high-pitched growl, widening its eyes at Prima Dona in confusion. “What in the world?! Prima Dona?!”
“Yes, it’s me, you stupid useless fool!” Spat Prima Dona. “I can prove it to you! I’m off to find Ultramaur and ask for its gift of darkness to revive me!”
Kaira, Barry, Dawn, Paul, and Madrid were looking at her like she was crazy. Kaira stepped forward, narrowing her eyes down at Prima Dona. “So, you speak to your own pokemon now? What do they have to say for themselves? Are they sorry for ever serving you?”
“Oh, I speak to them all right!” Prima Dona huffed. “Only difference now, is that they talk back! The hell with you little--”
“Excuse me?” The Archeops stepped forward, growling at Prima Dona with its gruff voice. “I’ve seen the very pokemon Ultramaur for itself! If you want me to show you the way, you got to--”
“Show me now!” Prima Dona started flapping and rising to the sky, glaring down at Archeops like a punkish little bird. “Or I’ll rip the feathers off your filthy neck!”
Archeops growled and looked over to Lucas. “You have a bone to pick with Ultramaur yourself?”
Lucas crossed his arms. “Well, if you all want to get out of this distortion world, the only way is to let us deal with it. Madrid’s powers are useless when there’s no space and time, just like Prima Dona’s.” He narrowed his eyes at the Unfezant.
Madrid stepped forward. “Do your pokemon know the way to Ultramaur? I thought you said they were all sent to the Black Hole to await your upbringing of Ultramaur.”
Prima Dona hissed at the psychic’s face and turned to Archeops.
Archeops’s stern gaze was focused on her. “Ghastleon and I came back to retrieve the devil Chiba. Ultramaur needed one more messenger to totally prepare for Prima Dona’s summoning, so while we were going back to the Crest Peak to catch devil Chiba, we got caught up in your stupid teleporting.”
“It wasn’t MY teleporting!” Snapped Prima Dona, looking ready to peck the eyes out of Archeops. “It’s that blasted psychic! Curse her! I will never trust you again, Madrid!”
Madrid mumbled something under her breath and kept her expression glinting and narrowed.
Dawn and Paul stepped forward. “Well,” Dawn was speaking, “just like Madrid said, there’s no real power of sorcery and psychics to use here. There’s no space for such power, and the only way we can get out of here is if we find a way to deal with Ultramaur—in this very world.”
Kaira nodded. The three angel messengers were hovered around her, and Chibu was right over her head. “Prima Dona, just stick with us for now. If you really want to get out of here and use your powers again, then you should cooperate.”
“Fine, my LOVE!” Prima Dona spat back sarcastically. “This fool of an Archeops says he knows the way to Ultramaur! Show us now, fool! Or else we’re all doomed to everlasting lives of shit!”
Archeops rolled his eyes and flew up into the sky. “Very well! Follow me…”
Lucas watched as he started flapping to the north, or whatever direction it was that was ahead of them. He looked back at Ghastleon, who was crouching behind him with its gaze focused on Prima Dona. It snarled as Prima Dona turned to give it a haughty smile. “Why, Ghastleon, my love! Why so quiet? I’ve always expected you to be annoyingly talkative if I got to know your language.”
Ghastleon hissed back at her and Prima Dona just narrowed her eyes. “Fine then!” She turned and flew after Archeops, muttering curses under her breath about how bitchy her other pokemon were going to be.
Lucas turned to face Ghastleon. “What’s that all about?”
Ghastleon walked passed him, frowning. “I ain’t talkin’ to that pile of feathers! Embarrassing to be speaking to your own trainer when they have absolutely no more power over you….”
Lucas watched him follow after Prima Dona and Arcehops, and then turned to the family of psychics. “You guys alright?”
“Oh yes,” Gardevoir breathed. “This place has no time whatsoever……..it really reminds us of our garden.”
Gallade and Ralts nodded with solemn looks on their faces.
Monferno stood next to Kaira and Barry, who were walking along after the Prima Dona and her pokemon.
“Man, I would sure hate to meet Giratina right now,” said Barry. “That’s a pokemon that DOES have power here in the world of no time and space. Wonder what would happen if Giratina interfered with the formation of Gaiyah?”
Lucas saw that Kaira’s face was a determined, but dazed as she looked on forwards, her green eyes seeming to look richer and stronger. Her expression seemed to look less frail, and Lucas could see the obvious glow within her. She was full of love and strength, and if she had to become Dovanna at any point soon, she would probably be perfectly ready.

As Kaira and the others pressed on, the tension around them seemed to be burning up with a stronger intensity, even though there had had absolutely no space or time in the atmosphere.
To her side, Barry held her hand with a strong, but slightly nervous expression that he tried to hide. Hovering over her head, were the three messengers, Chibu, Chiba, and Chibo. Baby Dovanna was also perched atop her shoulder.
Just to her left side, Madrid kept up with the same determined look as she glared up at Prima Dona and Archeops in the sky. Ghastleon padded up ahead, right below the two birds.
Behind them, Dawn and Paul were side by side, with Lucas on Dawn’s other side, chattering with Monferno and the family of psychics.
As Kaira looked on at the sky where Prima Dona and her Archeops flew, she couldn’t help chuckling at the constant blabbering and arguing the two pokemon seemed to be spatting at each other.
She turned to Barry with a playful smile. “If Prima Dona were a permanent pokemon, she would make the perfect spouse for that Archeops.”
Barry widened his eyes and laughed. “You think?”
“Prima Dona wouldn’t be a perfect spouse for anyone,” hissed Madrid, glinting her eyes at them.
Kaira looked up at the psychic. “Hey, I have a question. Are you on our side, or what? What do YOU plan on really doing? Are you willing to have Ultramaur become one as Gaiyah again?”
Madrid looked at both Kaira and Barry carefully. The angel messengers and baby Dovanna were listening with intent. “Well, the only way I can escape this unaltered hole of no space or time, then yes. I am willing to risk the possibilities of ending all of Ultramaur’s darkness in the world and restore the rightful pokemon Gaiyah. There really is no other way to deal with this. Prima Dona knows it herself as well.”
“Without Ultramaur…..” said Barry, his eyes going into a daze. “…Prima Dona may never be the same again.”
Paul gave Barry a sharp look. “I’m sure Prima Dona will stay the same whether she’s got powers or not. Nothing can change the inner soul of that witch.”
“I know that!” Barry huffed. “I meant…..she won’t have complete power over the dark spirits of this world anymore. She’s just going to be a cranky old lady roaming the world with dreams of someday taking over the way she wants to.”
“It’s the dreams that count though,” Kaira was saying. “Remember that the dreams in the other dimension can come alive if they are filled with enough belief of the spiritual mind. In our own world on earth, you met people in their dreams,” Kaira was looking at both Dawn and Lucas, and even Paul. “Their minds have been altered to look through the portals of their world, and peek into the other dimension for temporarily. When they awaken, their minds are completely back into their own world, and therefore, escaping the fifth dimension until they sleep and find their way into that world again.”
Madrid murmured under her breath. “That may be true….but that doesn’t go for the same as dreams in here. If one is already in this dimension, then they couldn’t dream their way into wherever they want into this dimension. Their dream…….is controlled by the works of the Spirit Garden.” She cast a glance at Barry, knowing he had visited there once before. “The Spirit Garden is where all the memories of the ones in the other world go to, as well as the memories in Gaiyah’s very dimension. Prima Dona’s hopes and dreams can become strong enough as to come alive there, but they will never escape and find their way into the real world like the other memories and beliefs will, since she is in this very dimension herself.”
“Right,” Kaira was nodding, eying Prima Dona pecking at Archeops in the distance. Ghastleon seemed to have broken his promise of never speaking to Prima Dona, for he seemed to be snarling something up at the both of them. “The only way Prima Dona can have control of her own dreams…..is if she finds her way into our world after Ultramaur is gone.”
Barry gasped. “That will never happen! If there’s no Ultramaur, the portals to our own world will be closed correctly again by Gaiyah! She’ll never have a chance….”
“But wait….” Dawn was speaking with calm. “I can dream myself into wherever I want.” She and Paul both met each other’s gazes for a moment and then she looked back at Kaira. “I can go into the condition in which my mind is altered into a dream, peeking into wherever I want in this world. I can literally dream my way into anything happening right now at the present.”
“I think that’s just what you were blessed with when you came into this dimension,” said Paul.
Chibu was nodding. It’s voice echoed in Kaira’s head. “Her light shines through the portals and therefore, she can find her way into any place she wants to, with the enhancement of her dreams. This, you can use during the summoning of Ultramaur.”
Kaira was listening carefully, and her eyes were going into a clouded, focused expression.
Suddenly, a roar was heard all around the area. Everyone stopped and looked around. The floating rocks had become more spread apart, and the noise of the roar seemed to echo all around like they were inside a cave, for the special parts of this region was not even determined by space itself. The roar sounded very faint, though at the same time, it sounded like it was very near….
“Ultramaur,” Madrid muttered with disgust. She turned to the family of psychics that Lucas and Chimchar walked with. They were all closing their eyes, almost looking as if they were trying to meditate in this strange place.
Lucas was looking at Kaira with hope in his eyes, making little noises.
Kaira understood the Infernape, and so did Chibu. “Oh….” Kaira spoke in her thoughts. “He says it’s the very soul of a pokemon nearby. We must be close to Ultramaur….”
Chibu looked up at the sky. “Chi!” It called a stop to Prima Dona and Archeops. Both the pokemon turned around.
“Agh! What is it now?! where is Ultramaur?!” Prima Dona huffed.
Paul suddenly stepped forward, his eyes unblinking with awe, and his head held high. “The force of darkness……it’s still powerful enough to be felt in this very dimension. “
And suddenly, the ground around them started to shake with tremendous power that everyone yelled with surprise and fell over.
“Ahh! What’s going on?!” Barry was looking at Kaira with alarm.
Kaira gasped. “No…..this can’t be happening. The movement of the surface…it can only be controlled by space and time. And no pokemon can do that except--”
At the very center where everyone had fallen, right in front of Paul himself, the ground split and a deep, darkly black spot shone from the crack in the ground. A gaseous gap of dark black clouds suddenly lifted from the cracks and hovered right above the crack, in front of Paul. Paul was staring at the gap like it was enhancing him to a trance, ready to swallow up his soul.
“Whoa…..” Barry was staring in awe. Kaira felt him grab her hand and hold it tightly. In the midst of everything going on, she felt a spark of happiness and relief to have Barry by her side like this.
But the dark gap was overpowering. Kaira could feel it hurting her. “Ugh…..it’s aching….” Kaira muttered, clenching her teeth.
Barry turned to her with a widened look. “What? Are you okay?”
“The darkness……that’s not even Ultramaur….” She was heaving.
“Not Ultramaur…?” Barry turned with confusion as Dawn started backing away, seeming to glow with a powerful bright light.
“Paul!” She screamed. “Get away from there…..it’s going to take over even YOU!”
But Paul was rising up to his feet, and focusing on the dark swirling gap. It looked like the dark shadow Prima Dona summoned in the sky, though this time it was up close.
Ghastleon was hissing by Lucas’s side, and Prima Dona and Archeops hovered a little lower above the two, eying the gap intently. Prima Dona was uttering something as she stared meticulously at the expanding gap.
Suddenly, bright colors had started to circle the gap. Pretty soon, the colors sharnk, and Kaira widened her eyes with shock as she realized they were the three devil messengers—Chibu, Chiba, and Chibo.
They all hovered at the top, staring over in Kaira’s direction with snickering smiles.
Kaira rose and took a step back. Barry kept to her side. “No…..what do THEY want now?” He gasped.
“Chi!” Chiba was shaking with agitation and fear.
“Kaira,” Chibu spoke in her mind, “I must go. These devils are ready to control the powers of their own devil pokemon itself, and it’s too overpowering for us. We must leave.”
“Where will you be going?!” Kaira was speaking aloud. “We must summon Dalyah right now! then you can fight back these demons!”
“It’s too powerful!” Chibu;s voice was screaming in her head, and the little pokemon was squeezing its eyes shut and backing away. “I’m sorry……we’ll do the best we can!”
And the three fled off, dashing higher into the strange darkening sky. the devil messengers all cried out in a creepy, high-pitched squeal, and followed the pokemon up in the sky.
Barry watched them go. “No……Kaira! Is it really that bad? Can’t you transform into Dovanna now and summon Dalyah out of Dawn’s light?”
Kaira suddenly felt a jab in her heart and the dark gap suddenly let out a mysterious growl. She fell to her knees and looked up at the gap with narrowed eyes. “It’s coming…..”
And Prima Dona was cackling with intent, her voice getting louder. “Aha….AHAHAHA! COME FORTH, MY DARLINGS!”
Madrid was staring at the Unfezant with concerned, alarmed eyes.
The gap suddenly grew a strange stretchy shape above, and out of the dark shape, the pokemon of Prima Dona arose. Lapras, her shiny Milotic, Spiritomb, and Mismagius, all looking hard and serious. They hovered to the ground just a few feet from Prima Dona, Ghastleon, Archeops, and Lucas, and just a look at their eyes, Kaira could see that they had achieved something deadly and anonymous, and have been transformed into much more dangerous, uncontrolled souls themselves.
“Those pokemon are filled with darkness,” she said, looking up at Barry. “Ultramaur has given them the real power to withhold the spirit of the devil. They have achieved a power that will allow them to control the good spirits over any pokemon—and the only way to stop them is to use the light of Dalyah itself!”
“That’s exactly what Prima Dona will want!” Gasped Dawn.
And the dark gap suddenly faded away, revealing a large, gigantic shape of a ghostly, fearsome pokemon. It was the ugliest Kaira had ever seen. The pokemon was about twenty feet long and twenty feet high, and had a menacing, grossly face that glared with anger and power. It had extending wings to its sides—though they didn’t look like wings at all. There were arching craws lined up on the wings, as well as a flowing paper-thin veil that aligned the claws behind the wings.
“Hey!” Barry flinched and took a step back. “That is NOT Ultramaur!”
And Kaira noticed the looks on Dawn and Lucas’s faces. They recognized this pokemon before. This was not the devil pokemon Ultramaur, but the fifth-dimension form of Giratina, the renegade pokemon of the distortion world. Kaira had almost feared it to be the very devil itself.
Prima Dona was looking at the large pokemon with disgust. “HEY! WHAT’S GOING ON?! THIS ISN’T THE DEVIL! WHERE’S MY ULTRAMAUR?!”
But suddenly, the Giratina threw back its head and let out an anguished cry. Kaira gasped. The pokemon was in pain. she could tell my the wounds over its ugly features that it had been fighting fiercely, and whoever had given this pokemon the battle must have been as deadly as Giratina itself—if not worse.
Paul was glaring up at Giratina. “No! this is not Ultramaur! But we are yet, still close enough!” And Paul suddenly closed his eyes and spread his arms out. Giratina roared in pain and looked ready to fall back and explode, but suddenly, dark shadows swirled around it from behind, holding it up and making it cry with more distress. The dark shadows suddenly blended in, and hovering above Giratina, was a dark, wide shape of what looked like a giant bat, or a monstrous dragon.
Kaira felt her heart ache with such darkness at the sight of the pokemon hurting Giratina. It had a wingspan that was as long as Giratina’s body itself, so that it covered the already black sky with an overbearing darkness of shadows. It’s face was long and pointy, with a growling snout that showed tiny but powerful scissor sharp fangs. Below its forehead were two slits that looked like they had been carved with a dagger. They didn’t look like eyes at all, for they were red, glittering shapes of slits that looked like they had been cut and were bleeding. But the pokemon’s eyes were deadly enough. This was the pokemon Ultramaur, and Kaira couldn’t even deny it.
The monstrous devil pokemon hovered higher and opened its mouth wide to let out a loud, howling call, revealing the ugly pattern of deadly sharp teeth in the back of its mouth, and then gave one huge flap of its dark, gigantic wings. Giratina was caught in the vortex of its wings, and the pokemon gave out one more terrible roar, and disappeared back into the crack of the ground in front of Paul, never revealing itself again.
Kaira and everyone around the devil pokemon stared up at Ultramaur with awe. Prima Dona looked the most excited at the sight of Ultramaur itself. Her eyes looked ready to pop out, and her feathers were shivering with nervous excitement.
Ultramaur glared down at Kaira, who was the first sight that was facing it.
“You…..” the pokemon was speaking to her in the most ugliest, deepest voice that Kaira almost didn’t recognize it as a real voice.
Kaira gasped and felt her heart race.
Barry looked up at the pokemon. “You speak?”
“Grr……..you….” Ultramaur was staring down at Kaira with its red slits growing narrowed and sharper. The pokemon was hovering closer to her, casting a shadow over the land. “I’ve been waiting a long time for you to come back…….” It’s voice was like the devil itself—deep, monstrous, and a mix of what sounded like a voice and a growl. Kaira felt ready to be swallowed up by this darkness in no time.
“Waiting for me…..?” Kaira managed to say. She tried to stand still in her spot.
“I knew you were still alive……” Growled Ultramaur angrily. “I knew the idea of getting rid of you would fail. You were still alive…….whether you were in the form of Dovanna or not.”
“Oh! Ultramaur! I can explain that!” Prima Dona suddenly piped above, fluttering her wings and gleaming up at the pokemon. “I banished her, remember? I sent her soul to waste, and she became weak and powerless as a mere human in the other world!”
Ultramaur let out a deep growl that made the world shake. “That act was a fail!” He roared, giving a flap of his monstrous wings that sent the sky in a swirl. “Dovanna was still alive—and she still had a chance!”
“That’s right,” Dawn was speaking defiantly as she looked up at the devil pokemon, holding her hands to her heart. “Kaira found a way to love—a power that not even you would ever destroy.”
“SILENCE!” Ultramaur’s voice howled over the area like the call of the grim reaper. “The power of love has brought you back—and this time, I will destroy you myself—forever. This is the place where no time and space alters, and because I have defeated that fool of a weakling, Giratina, I can have my complete control over the alter of spirits traveling through a dimension where no space or time is present. The darkness is powerful here, and more populous.” Ultramaur swiveled what looked like a long, arching tail from behind, pointing towards Prima Dona’s pokemon that stood with the same look in their eyes. “There’s more on the dark side than you can bear, and we will all defeat you, and that angelic little Dalyah that you’ve been dreaming of.”
Prima Dona shot to the sky to reach the side of Ultramaur’s head, and Archeops flew to join the rest of her pokemon. Ghastleon dashed over with the others as well.
Prima Dona was cackling with satisfaction. “Well, Kaira! You had your chance! And you got it! too bad it’s going to be taken away from you a second—no third!—time!” she cast a menacing bird-eyed look at Barry. “And we can all thank YOU for ever letting it happen in the first place!”
“Noooo!” Barry yelled as Ultramaur sent a shot of darkness towards Kaira.
Kaira gasped and dashed away, barely missing the collision that exploded on the ground behind her.
“Kaira!” Screamed Dawn. Lucas and Monferno were crying helplessly for her.
Kaira looked up, realizing she was right to the side of where Gardevoir’s family seemed to be in a strange sleeping condition. But she could feel a strange energy pulse through them. these pokemon had been under control of never going on with time before, and now that they were here, something anonymous and important must have been going through with them.
But Kaira had no time to focus on them now.
Kaira turned, facing the incoming pokemon that looked like a black jet coming towards her. Prima Dona kept up by its side, grinning with evil as she focused on Kaira with hungry power.
Kaira closed her eyes, and braced herself. “Chibu……Dalyah……the power of love…..” she murmured both in her head and under her breath. “Come forth….bring the light within me….”
And a bright light shone in front of Ultramaur, making the pokemon howl with surprise and pain. Prima Dona had let out an irritated cry and fell to the ground on her chin.
Everyone turned to see the blindingly beautiful sight that had stopped the devil pokemon in its tracks. The glowing image of Dovanna was hovering over the devil pokemon, with a defiant, revived look in its hazel green eyes.

Barry stared up in awe at the beautiful sight that conquered over the dark and ugliness of Ultramaur. Kaira was a Dovanna. She was a mere, powerful legendary hovering before his eyes. And her image looked exactly that of the baby Dovanna, though except she was much more magnificent, with a height of over fifteen feet, and a wingspan that was probably as much as Ultramaur itself. She was majestic and beautiful. Her face was that of a dove, though her eyes were still the same, familiar green gaze that he had gotten so used to.
And her feathers revealed a pure white brightness that glowed and lighted up the area, blinding the darkness of Ultramaur itself.
But besides the devil pokemon, Barry himself felt a little affected by such beauty. She was stunning, and so full of vibrant love thriving in her, that Barry felt a little scared. He also felt ashamed as well. To think he had ever done anything to have destroyed the love from this very pokemon……it made him feel weak and unwanted.
“URGH…..” Ultramaur was struggling to hover off the ground.
Prima Dona flapped and whipped around to face Kaira as Dovanna herself. “Fool! what do you think you’re doing?! You think you can defeat us just like that?! hah! We’ll defeat you with an even more humiliating strategy than before! And this time, Ultramaur will be in it. not just me!”
Dovanna was narrowing her eyes. “You’ve had your life captured in darkness that was impossible to escape.” Her voice was still the same, though it seemed to cast a more vibrant, powerful echo that whirred around them. Barry almost felt lost with astonishment. “Unfortunately, that would lead to your end. Evil may satisfy you, but it will eventually betray you in the end. You will die from your darkness, Prima Dona, just as you have been born from it.”
And with that, Dovanna rose higher and let out a powerful beat of its wings, casting a powdery sparkle of what looked like glittering snowflakes over Ultramaur and the small bird of Prima Dona.
“Arkk!” Prima Dona squawked and tried to maneuver behind Ultramaur, but the devil pokemon threw her off and whacked her with his tail in irritation. He beat back the glow of light with his own powerful bat-like wings, and let out a roar of defiance, throwing up a dark shadow from its throat towards Dovanna.
Behind him, Prima Dona’s Milotic had slithered at the base of where Ultramaur was hovering, ready to cast a defense for Dovanna’s next attack.
“That’s not fair….” Muttered Madrid, who was standing with Lucas and Monferno at her heels. Barry cast a glance at her, and watched as she looked around with secretive eyes. she bent over to whisper something into Lucas’s ears.
The Infernape raised its eyebrows, and uttered a cry, suddenly running around the psychic and disappearing behind a strangely glittering rock. Monferno curiously followed after him.
Barry winced, and watched as Madrid watched them go. The look on her face was still unreadable, and her eyes were just their normal narrowed glint with no expression. She turned back to watch the fight with her arms crossed, seeming to not care about who would win.
Barry glared at her in disgust. Double-agents. They were no help, whether they served each side or not.
“Dawn…..” Paul was making his way to Dawn’s side just a distance from Barry. “Can you read Dalyah anywhere? Dovanna needs help…”
“I’m trying to, Paul,” replied Dawn, squeezing her eyes shut and kneeling to the ground. “I….I can’t find the light of the supernova star.”
“Perhaps now that Dovanna’s here, and Kaira become her true self now, you can probably find it easier,” Paul was speaking with intent. “Look into yourself…..find that light. Use it to call the pokemon Dalyah….and guide it to come here. this may be a dimension of no time or space….but with your light, you can break through any portals and help guide Dalyah to even a place like this.”
“I’m trying….”
Barry could see Dawn was trying hard. He looked up and saw Dovanna and Ultramaur fiercely battling, along with Prima Dona and her pokemon trying to aid the devil by its side. He narrowed his eyes and looked to the ground, feeling strangely sorry for himself. He regretted it so badly to have ever taken the love from Kaira like this……and now he had no purpose to save her. he was the unwanted being, and even though he had escaped that, he doubted that the world even forgave him, or that he even had a significance still.
He turned to the boulder where Lucas and Monferno disappeared into. Looking at Madrid one last time, he crept towards the boulder and disappeared behind it.
Barry found that the area beyond this rock was not much different from the place he had just been in. but it was like closing a door to the next room. Barry could no longer hear the battle, nor could he see it as he looked back. He was already in another part of the dimension, where there was absolutely no space or time.
Suddenly, he caught a glimpse of a fiery flash in the distance. He made his way passed the floating rocks around him, and then found that Lucas and Monferno were dancing around the family of Gardevoir, where Gardevoir, Gallade, and Ralts were hovering above the ground, in a sitting position with their eyes closed and arms all holding each other in a vertical line. Barry raised his eyes with curiosity. They were meditating.
And around them, Lucas and Monferno were dancing like Indians around a fire, though this scene looked as if the fire were dancing around the Indians. Lucas and Monferno were both brightened with flames as they circled around the family, murmuring strange noises that sounded like a funny monkey song. Their low uttering cries mized in with the murmur that came from the psychic family themselves.
Barry almost laughed. He wanted to step in and say, “Hey, Lucas! This is an entertaining circus show, but shouldn’t you be on the other side of this place, helping Dawn bring forth Dalyah and commingle it with Ultramaur?”
But he was too focused on the scene in front of him. he wasn’t aware of the strange dark figure suddenly approaching him from behind.
A warm hand touched his shoulder and he flinched, turning with surprise and gazing up at the pale face behind him. “Madrid!” He hissed.
“Shh,” the psychic put her finger to her small, bright red lips. “Don’t disturb them,” she looked up at the family that the two fire types were circling. Her green eyes glittered. “They’re performing what’s called psi-summoning.”
“Psi-summoning?”
“They’re making a call……a call to a seemingly distant world, trying to bring forth something that can probably help us. Just watch.”
Barry turned to the scene. Lucas seemed to be doing more than just putting on a show. As the two fire types circled around the meditating family, their fiery glow started to mix with the purple light that had formed from the center of them all. Suddenly, a strange pink-purple gap started to form over the heads of Gardevoir’s family, forming a spiraling purple gap. And from the swirling gap in the air, the form of a lady came forth. The lady was a mere dazzling sight, glowing with the features of a goddess. Her sight portrayed a bright glow of blue and green. Her hair was a blue-greenish wavy flow that would’ve reached the ground behind her heels if it weren’t flowing behind her from the breeze in the gap. Her face was pale and bright, with calm bright eyes, one blue and one green. Her lips were an olive green color though, and her fingernails a pattern of light green and dark green. She wore a gown that was patterned with an aquatic blue and a pale forest green, with a thin veil wrapped around her slim waist. Her feet were bare with toenails patterned with the same green color as her fingernails. And her expression was calm and unreadable.
As she stepped out of the gap, hovering to the ground in front of the psychic family, Lucas and Monferno stopped their dancing and stood to either side of her, smiling up at her with wonder. The psychic family opened their eyes and stopped humming. They brought themselves to the ground and stood with calm pleasure at the lady in front of them.
The lady had noticed Barry and Madrid, who were staring at her with the same raised expression of awe.
“Dear souls of earth….” The lady spoke in a smooth, calm voice, looking over Lucas, Monferno, and Barry especially. “You have come forth to fulfill your destiny for the other side of your world, in the fifth dimension itself.”
Madrid was giving Barry a gentle push to make his way towards the lady. Madrid slowly stuck by his side as well as the lady spoke.
She blinked her eyes at Barry. The right eye was a sky blue and the left was a bright green. His heart thumped. The blue eye reminded him of Dawn’s own eyes, while the green eye reminded him of Kaira’s. this lady seemed to be looking into his soul with eyes that seemed to warm him, unlike the piercing, cold look from Prima Dona when she stared at him. he suddenly felt strange. “You each have a purpose, don’t you?” She murmured.
Barry said nothing for a moment, and then sighed. “I….I thought I did. But it’s plainly clear I’m the unwanted one. I’ve made terrible mistakes in the past, mistakes that have made a bigger impact for me and everyone around me more than I know.”
“This isn’t all your fault,” spoke the lady. She let her gaze fall into Barry’s. “The works of the devil and angel pokemon aren’t controlled by your world, though the thriving spirits and happenings in their dimension are controlled by your world. And the dimension has called upon the very beings that would have an impact to save the very dimension by their existence on that world. With Paul, he has brought forth the devil Ultramaur. Dawn herself must find a way to conquer the overpowering darkness from the devil and Prima Dona, and summon Dalyah as well, with the aid of Dovanna, who has finally returned. Lucas…..” the lady turned to gaze down at the Infernape to her left. “as the bringer of fire, Lucas must use the fire to burn the hearts within the angel and the devil, to make them become one again and recreate Gaiyah. Therefore, the prophecy will be complete, and the world of the fifth dimension can be restored and free from dark spirits interfering with the spirits born from the aid of your own world.”
Madrid let out a hiss. “Your own world….” She was looking at Barry. “Because of your world, and because of all the bad things people do in that dimension, it has stirred the spirits of the fifth dimension to become easily confined to darkness. And with the help of Ultramaur, those dark spirits have gotten stronger, eventually leading to forces as bad as Team Solar.”
“I know that,” snapped Barry with irritation. “Don’t remind me….”
“Barry, you must look into yourself,” said the lady. “You may have been the unwanted being for the fifth dimension, prophesized to be defeated and punished by the ice in that world, but it has changed. Think of Kaira. Her love freed you from the ice. Her love warmed her heart and powers to free you, and broke through the portals to change the prophecy. Can’t you see how strong love really is? And because you aided her love like that, you really DID serve a purpose. You were the one to have brought Kaira’s love back, so she could be Dovanna again. you’ve fulfilled her destiny, and therefore, you have been freed and given a second chance.”
Barry was staring up at the lady with awe. His heart was thumping with emotional feelings. “Who—who are you, anyway?” He breathed.
The lady blinked solemnly. “I am Saveila, wife of Zan-Xuin himself.”
“Zan-Xuin?!” Barry flinched. He realized Madrid didn’t look surprised at all. He turned ot her with widened eyes. “But—she’s your mother?!”
Madrid nodded carefully.
“I thought you said she died!”
“She did,” muttered Madrid, crossing her arms and eying her mother.
Barry turned to Saveila with confusion.
Saveila returned his gaze with an unchanging calm. “My spirit has passed on to the next dimension…..and the only reason why I’m here is because I was called to find my way in this very place, by the powers of psi.” She turned with a nod to the Gardevoir family behind her. “Because they’ve had such a strong connection with the absence of time, and have lived their lives without ever moving on or letting time pass, they were able to feel through this place of no time, and use psychic powers that could actually work to communicate with other dimensions. They created a portal through the powers of psi, and I was able to find my way from a dimension where the spirits lie, to this very world here.”
“But…..why?” Barry asked. He felt like these psychic pokemon probably had more of a significance than he expected.
Saveila looked up. “As the wife of Zan-Xuin, I owned the pokemon Cresselia, while he owned Darkrai. the very place he had used both our pokemon to battle Gaiyah, was the very region known as Zan-Xuin right now. when he died, I was grief-stricken, and I let myself die at the very shore of the beach known as Devine Reef. The waters washed my body away, and my spirit became blessed with the immortal eternity of the next generation, so that my dead spirit had passed on to become a spirit of the waters and the trees. Though you may not see me in my original form as of now, I do come visit over the fifth dimension world in the form of blowing leaves of nature, or being the rapid waves themselves.”
“So….you are both the spirit of the plants and water?”
“I am of the many spirits that are of trees and water…..though I am the only one to be both. To be both the trees and water….it’s like an inspiring awe of spirit. I have come to see that Gaiyah is returned though, for the pokemon that had killed my husband must not suffer from the damage that has been done to it itself.” Saveila looked at Barry with determination. “While my husband has recklessly battled Gaiyah and caused its splitting, I am here to make sure it is restored and back together, for it has created nothing but a state of peril in the world.”
“Mad at daddy, aren’t you?” Madrid murmured, rolling her eyes.
Saveila blinked at her daughter. “I am upset, yes, of the foolish thing my husband has done. To battle such a pokemon like that……it has done more than kill him.”
Barry felt a strange feeling through the psychic-dark lady and the bright, water-grass spirit in front of him.
Lucas suddenly let out a low cry.
Saveila looked at him and nodded. “We must help the others. Perhaps….the light I bring from my own dimension may up bring the coming of Dalyah as well.”
“Is the dimension you’re from called heaven?” Barry couldn’t help asking with a curious smile on his face.
Saveila chuckled. “Where I come from is a place that spirits go to when they pass. You may call it whatever you want.”
Suddenly, an echo called in Barry’s head. “Chibo….” He muttered with alarm. He recognized the call of the little pokemon. He looked up at Saveila. “Chibo’s in trouble…..and I know where they could be battling the devil messengers!”
“Then we must hurry,” said Saveila. “Dovanna’s power is what’s most needed to summon Dalyah. And we’re going to need all the more light as we can since we are stuck in this dimension of no space and time….”

Lucas and Monferno turned to the family of Gardevoir.
Gardevoir was looking at him with warm, thankful eyes. “It’s time we must leave now,” she said. “You’ve been good to us, both of you,” she nodded to Lucas an Monferno. “Thanks for finding us, and helping us find a way in the world. We will move on and live our lives, and gladly let time give us what’s in store.”
Gallade nodded. “We can’t stay alive forever—nothing stays the same forever. We must move on and look forwards with time, and control our lives rightfully. We thank you for having found us, Monferno.”
Monferno gasped. “You guys are leaving? But why?”
Ralts looked at Monferno with closed but curious eyes. the pokemon seemed like it was going to miss him as well.
Gardevoir looked at Monferno. “We must return to our own dimension. With our power of psi, we can take ourselves back, though it won’t necessarily work on the rest of you. we hope to see you again, and that this wouldn’t be our last farewell.”
Lucas suddenly raised his eyes. “But…..we might not even see you after this. After the whole battle with Ultramaur and the formation of Gaiyah….we may never return to the fifth dimension.”
“Yeah, only in our dreams, though.” Said Monferno. “You sure you don’t wanna stay a little while and watch the awesome formation of your very own planet pokemon?”
“Our powers are too heart-throbbing for us here,” said Gallade carefully. “Because this place has no space or time around, our psi powers our still available to alter space and time with powerful psychic abilities beyond this dimension. It’s hard to explain….but it isn’t good for us if our powers can have the capability of twisting space and time just like we have with Saveila. It pains us and weakens us, and we can’t tolerate staying for too long. We must return.”
“Okay then,” said Lucas, nodding with gratitude. “Farewell, and if I never get to see you again, I’ll get to see you in my dreams.”
“Same for us,” murmured Gardevoir. They were all starting to hover and fade away. “Take care….all of you….” And they all disappeared into the air where a small amount of space was available from their psi.
Lucas and Monferno turned to look at Barry, Saveila, and Madrid. They were watching with intent.
Lucas gave a low cry towards Barry.
Barry nodded. “They can’t tolerate this place anymore? Too powerful, but not powerful enough to bring the rest of us back to the world like they can with themselves?”
Lucas nodded.
Madrid huffed. “Well…..we ought to get going. You say you know where Chibo and the other messengers are?”
Barry nodded, suddenly looking forward. “This way. I can hear its voice behind this rock…I think.”
Barry led them around a tall peak of a boulder, and the atmosphere around them suddenly twisted into another dimension. In the distance, they could see the bright, glowing colors of Chibo, Chibu, and Chiba battling roughly with their devil twins. Hovering above them all, and trying to help fight by the angel messengers’ sides, was baby Dovanna.
“The angel messengers!” Cried Barry. They were throwing balls of glowing light towards each other, and zapping with shocks of electric waves.
Saveila closed her eyes and started glowing. “Devil messengers…….begone…..”
And suddenly, the devil messengers stopped fighting and hovered in the air, staring over at Saveila with awe. The mere light of the angel spirit startled them and they all let out cries of shock, scattering around and trying to avoid the attacks from the angel messengers.
Lucas could see that the devil messengers were slowly weakening, their bodies twisting with pain and through the works of spirits….and then they were gone. Devil Chiba, devil Chibu, and the devil Chibo all exploded into mere particles that dissolved into nothingness, absolutely nowhere in the place of no time or space.
Suddenly, a strange wind blew over them all, and Lucas almost flinched at the feeling of wind. But the spiraling shadows around him were not wind. They were the mere terrible spirits of devils. He could see their dark, ghostly forms of possessed human bodies spiraling into the gap that had formed between baby Dovanna and the angel messengers. With a shock….he recognized them as Team Solar. The last one to disappear into nothingness, was Dionza. Her shadow thrashed silently with horror before her body disappeared into nothing.
Barry gasped and looked at Saveila with awe. The tree-water spirit suddenly opened her eyes into a fierce narrow. “What happened?”
Saveila stopped glowing and faced the weakened angel messengers and baby Dovanna as they gathered around her with looks of gratitude and exhaust.
“The aura of angels is too powerful for little messengers of the devil. And since they were already battling the angel messengers, just my mere spirit was enough to finally destroy them.”
“So they’re gone…..” breathed Barry in awe, meeting Lucas’s gaze. Lucas felt just as shocked and relieved. “Wow….”
Lucas couldn’t believe it. they were gone just like that? Monferno was panting with awe. “They’re utterly defeated now? wow…..Saveila might really help us.”
“But….” Saveila was suddenly intent. “That doesn’t mean you’ll never see them again. This place has no space, or no time, yet the devil messengers were destroyed here. they may yet reappear again, though it may be in the Black Hole itself where they can possibly escape. They were weak enough against the spirits of angels to get destroyed, though they weren’t fully defeated since this place has no time going on. Their bodies dissolved into the Black Hole like they were supposed to, though they may not be fully dead and they may still have a chance of escape.”
“This is why we must make sure Ultramaur is defeated so that the Black Hole can trap them forever,” hissed Madrid. “And I can feel we don’t have much time left….”


Paul watched the battle with an astonished look on his face. If there was anything he could’ve done to take part, he would’ve done it. but he had already played his role, and he had already brpught forth Ultramaur. Now they just needed Dalyah to appear to commingle with it. He could see Dawn glowing with brighter intensity, trying to reach into her soul to find the angel pokemon. Dovanna was fiercely battling Ultramaur and fighting off Prima Dona and her pokemon. But Paul could see Dovanna was beginning to weaken. If Dalyah wasn’t summoned soon enough….it would be too late. Dovanna would be defeated, and if Ultramaur itself defeated her, she would be gone forever, trapped in the Black Hole of nothingness.
Paul looked around urgently. Where in the world was Barry? And Lucas? And…..Madrid? paul narrowed his eyes. he didn’t trust what that dark-psychic could be up to.
Suddenly, there was a terrible screech behind him and he felt claws digging into his neck. paul let out a yowl of pain and felt on his chin. Prima Dona suddenly landed in front of his face, bending her head down to glare at his eyes with a meticulous smile. “Paul, my dear! Enjoying the scene of your own girlfriend failing in front of you?! hah! That little brat can’t do anything! The power of darkness is too great, even with Dovanna herself.”
Paul growled. “You have no idea……Dawn’s spirit can light through anything—except the dead soul in you.”
Prima Dona chuckled. “Why, thank you. You see, Dovanna has already tried to call Phandolia and use her power of love to guide him to this dimension. But unfortunately, Ultramaur’s darkness is too powerful, and has blocked the portals of Dovanna’s light—or any light. This time, we are not missing Dovanna, but Phandolia, who must also aid her in this summoning of Dalyah.” Prima Dona started to chuckle. “But Phandolia’s not here! we are NOT in Phandolia’s mountain in the region of Zan-Xuin! You have failed! You may have Dovanna back, but you failed! Without Phandolia AND Dovanna together, it won’t be enough to summon Dalyah! Your girl will fail!”
“No….” Paul’s heart was throbbing with pain. his neck felt bitterly wounded. He felt a trickle of blood drip to the side as he lay on his chin, glaring up at Prima Dona.
Prima Dona hovered off the ground, and spread out her talons. She smiled evilly down at him. “And I will destroy YOU myself. Thank you, Paul, for helping me bring forth Ultramaur! Too bad you won’t be able to control what happens to it, though. You will DIE…..die like slow, painful death that had once befallen Barry for the traitor he is.”
“Barry’s no traitor,” Paul muttered.
Prima Dona’s eyes flashed. “Prepare to die…..”
And as she spread her talons over his face, Paul braced himself for the terrible impact of pain and death.
But suddenly, the ground shook and a blast of light erupted right behind Dawn. Prima Dona whirled around in surprise, and Paul opened his eyes to see that Dawn was still standing still as a statue, her eyes closed in the trance of looking inside herself, but hovering above her, was the sight of a beautiful lady, dressed in an aquatic and green gown with hair that flowed behind her as long as her own body. Around her head, the three angel messengers, Chiba, Chibo, and Chibu were hovering in a circle, with baby Dovanna in the middle.
Behind Dawn, Barry and Madrid stepped out of nowhere, with Lucas and Monferno.
Prima Dona flapped her wings angrily. “Gahh! What is the meaning of this?! That lady…..” Prima Dona was eying the spirit that hovered above Dawn as if she were ready to tear her apart.
Paul rose up and watched as Ultramaur turned to face the sight of Dawn and the lady with a shocked yowl, and the large pokemon threw itself to land on the ground with a terrible, ugly cry.
Dovanna, hovering in the air weakly, looking ready to fall over, suddenly looked at the sight with hope, and her feathers became bright again.
Barry joined Paul’s side with Madrid, Monferno, and Lucas. “Hey, Paul! You won’t believe what this lady just did. She is Saveila, the wife of Zan-Xuin himself. And she has freed the world of every Solar grunt and devil messenger that has messed with you.”
Paul gasped and turned to Barry. “The devil messengers…..Chiba….they’re gone?”
“For now,” muttered Madrid darkly. “But remember that no time passes when you’re here in the distortion world, so even though they’ve died and have been sent to the Black Hole, their spirits aren’t truly dead, and can come back alive in that Black Hole, ready to escape.”
“Same goes for the Solar Grunts,” added Barry. “But that’s why we’ve got to make sure this battle and formation of Gaiyah does happen. We must somehow escape this world and make the formation of Gaiyah real. And Saveila can help us.”
“This world….” Paul muttered. “If Gaiyah forms here, it can lead us out of this dimension….though since no time has passed, Gaiyah may not even be itself once it does leave this place. It would be like all had never happened, and Gaiyah will come out of this dimension, as two pokemon—Dalyah and Ultramaur again.”
“That’s right,” said Madrid, narrowing her eyes. “And that’s why Saveila is here to help bring forth the angelic light and help us back to our own dimension.”


Lucas watched with awe as Ultramaur stretched its body and arched its neck back, crying in pain. Prima Dona and her pokemon were all scattering to moan with distress over the overpowering light. Dovanna was closing its tired eyes, and as baby Dovanna flew close to it breast, looking almost dissolved into the pure white colors, Dovanna suddenly opened her eyes and hovered higher, revealing a bright, spiraling white gap.
“Come…..” murmured Dovanna, her exhausted eyes looking over everyone in the scene. “Saveila has helped broken through the portals. We can look for Phandolia, and find it on its mountain.”

Dovanna didn’t have to wait for the others to step forwards towards the portal. The bright light shone over everyone on the field, and pretty soon, they were all flowing through the lighted portal, surrounded by a veil of stars as if they were time-traveling through a mysterious gap.
Dovanna suddenly felt refreshed and healed. Her feathers became a brighter whiteness and she saw that everyone else had recovered and looked like nothing had happened to them in the distortion world. Paul, Madrid, Lucas, and Monferno looked revived and strong. The only one who didn’t look healed, was the body of Ultramaur, laying with distress over the bright light of Dawn and Saveila before it.
But Dovanna looked down at baby Dovanna with happiness. “It’s going to be alright,” she assured the little one. “We’re going ot find our way back into our world, and we will be on the mountain of Phandolia.”
Baby Dovanna cooed with delight.
Barry was in front of her, staring at her with hope. His body was kneeling on the veil of light below them, and as Dovanna stared back at him, he looked like an adventurous sight, with the stars passing by quickly behind him. “D-Dovanna….” He looked a little confused to be calling her by her real pokemon name.
Dovanna smiled and let down her wings, standing like a normal bird. “Please….call me Kaira.” She was aware of her majestic form compared to his small human form.
Barry managed to crack a smile. “The prophecy is almost over…..isn’t it? Phandolia will come, and Dawn can summon Dalyah. Ultramaur will commingle, and the transformation of Gaiyah can really begin. Is it going to be over just like that?”
Dovanna realized his heart was aching as much as hers had. “Oh Barry…..it won’t be over for us. It will never be over.”
“Hah! You think you can just hurt my Ultramaur just like that?!” A tall shadow suddenly overcame Barry from behind.
Dovanna stared with shock and baby Dovanna let out a startled coo. Prima Dona stood tall and bright behind Barry, looking fresh and like her old, terrible human self as before. They had escaped the distortion world into the portal, and now Prima Dona was back to her icy human form as if nothing had ever happened to her in the distortion world.
“I’ll have you know,” Prima Dona was speaking haughtily, “Ultramaur is far from being defeated. “ Her six pokemon all gathered around behind her, looking healthy and strong again, just as they had before entering the distortion. They all glared at Dovanna and Barry. Archeops hovered by Prima Dona’s shoulder, eying the baby Dovanna like a hungry predator bird.
Dovanna began to shift her wings. “You can’t defeat us, Prima Dona. The power of angelic light is what makes up this portal, and your dark powers will be powerless against it all. You are utterly defeated up to this point.”
“Not yet!” Prima Dona lashed out her ice spear.
Barry gasped and crawled from her shadow, staring up at her with fear. “Hey! I thought you lost that thing! Didn’t you throw it at Lucas on Crest Peak?”
“Ha! My dear Ultramaur granted me this thing when you were gone! It’s as fresh and powerful as it will ever be….” She faced up at Dovanna. “….and it will destroy your dear little loved one even worse than it has ever done.”
Dovanna felt all the power of her strength pulse through her, and she was ready to stab at the evil witch, poisoning her with the power of love and spirit. But suddenly, Dovanna felt extremely calmed, and a wave of silver light washed over them all.
Ghastleon thrashed around at the bright particles flying in the air, and Celine shifted her large, snaky body, looking ready to throw a huge fit. Prima Dona winced and whipped her ice spear once. “Ahh! What the hell’s this?!”
And Dovanna looked up in the distance as the beautiful form of Phandolia appeared in the heavens above, through the passing stars that flashed by.
Prima Dona stared at the pokemon with wide, scared eyes. Dovanna had never seen Prima Dona look so scared. “No…..it can’t be…..”
Phandolia’s unicorn form hovered down towards Dovanna, passing over the hovering figure of Dawn, who still had her eyes closed and her hands to her heart. Saveila and the angel messengers were still in their position, and as Phandolia passed over them, Saveila opened her eyes and fixed her gaze on the silver pokemon.
Barry rose to his feet and stared in awe at the legendary. “Whoa…..Phandolia…”
Dovanna smiled and focused her gaze as Phandolia’s bright, wise, silvery eyes met hers. The pokemon hovered in front of Dovanna, smiling warmly. “Dovanna…..my dear.”
“Phandolia…..” Dovanna felt her heart lighten and the surge of love suddenly felt complete. Memories she had spent with this legendary flooded back through her. and Phandolia’s image looked even brighter and more vibrant now that the pair were complete.
Their power and brightness of being finally reunited together suddenly brought a tension frenzying over Prima Dona and her pokemon.
“NOOOOO!” Prima Dona and her pokemon were suddenly being dragged away towards the stars that passed by around them. Prima Dona’s pokemon gave out terrified cries and suddenly slipped away towards the side of the veil, disappearing away with the stars. Prima Dona fell to her knees and started slipping towards the side. “NAHHH! ULTRAMAUR!!!”
But Ultramaur was in a trance, frozen with pain and fear. Dawn had opened her eyes, and she spread out her arms, uttering something under her breath. She casted a gap of light in front of her, and the form of a glowing, magnificent pokemon appeared from the gap.
Prima Dona’s sharp nails dug into the veil of light as her body was being sucked towards the side. “ARGHH! YOU!” Prima Dona grabbed at Barry’s foot, making him fall onto his chin.
“Ahh! NOO! Let go!” He kicked back and managed to escape her grasp, right when she disappeared over the edge.
Dovanna stared with awestruck horror. She faced Phandolia with a determined look. To their side, the majestic form of Dalyah itself hovered in front of Dawn, Saveila, and the three messengers. The pokemon was a stunning sight, and not even Dovanna wanted to stare at it for too long. It was a pure angel, bright and astonishing with golden wings that had a wingspan identical to Ultramaur itself. Its face was long and pointy, just like Ultramaur’s, except it bore no horns and had eyes as bright and calm as Dovanna had ever seen. It hovered over Ultramaur, letting the pokemon slowly recover from its painful state.
“Dalyah….” Barry stared up at the angel pokemon with awe.
Dalyah’s angelic bright gaze flickered over all of them. “Children of earth…..children of Gaiyah….” The pokemon was speaking in a smooth, echoing tone like a voice in a dream. Dalyah met Dovanna’s gaze. “You have returned……”
And Dovanna immediately felt comfortable around the pokemon already. The aura that was revealed from Dalyah was the warm, welcoming sense of charisma that seemed to flow over them all.
“Kaira….” Phandolia grew its own wings and hovered closer to her. “We are almost there….”
With a blink of an eye, Dovanna reopened her eyes and found herself standing upon the most beautiful valley she had ever seen. The sky was a bright blue without a single cloud, and the grass was a stunning green, more vibrant than the stars themselves. She remembered this place. This was Phandolia’s mountain.
“Kaira……” a warm hand touched her shoulder. She turned to meet the gaze of Phandolia—back in his human form of Lan.
“Oh, Lan!” She hugged him, feeling happy and…..human. “Oh!” She realized she was no longer a majestic bird, but her own human form again. Her arms were wrapped around his shoulders, and she was slightly shorter than him again.
“I’m…..human again,” she said, looking at her arms and her pale pink gown.
Lan nodded, smiling. “Have no fear. Even though no time has passed in the distortion world, it doesn’t mean everything that has happened there is put to waste. You still got the spirit to become Dovanna again, in this world this time.”
Kaira looked around her with concern. “Where is everyone?”
Suddenly, the mountain shook. Between Kaira and Lan, a crack in the ground had formed, and the two of them let each other go, staring down at the crack as it split them apart. Kaira widened her eyes in shock. She heard a low, ominous and deadly growl from below. The crack split to about twenty feet apart, and the form of the most magnificent pokemon arose from the depths. Gaiyah had returned.
Kaira stared up with utter bewilderment. Hovering to the right side of the huge, mighty pokemon, was Dawn, glowing with brightness and a delighted smile. To the left, hovered Paul, his expression unreadable and shadowy. Above Gaiyah, Kaira could see a glimpse of the fiery glow of Lucas……and from the surprising shape of him, she could see that he was no longer in his Infernape form. Lucas looked entirely human again, like his old self, hovering almost thrity feet high, just inches above Gaiyah’s head.
Kaira had never seen Gaiyah before, and neither had Lan. Though she might have remembered seeing statues of the pokemon, she had never actually seen Gaiyah for its true self, not even when she was Dovanna many years ago. Dovanna and Phandolia had both been created out of the aura of Dalyah, right when Gaiyah had split.
But now the mere sight of Gaiyah made Kaira feel helpless and scared. It was the most ugliest, yet most awesome looking pokemon she had ever seen. It did bear the dragon features of a dragon pokemon, though it also did look like a strange mix of fire, water, and grass. The pokemon had a tall body that arched out of what looked like large claws from the bottom of its body. it had wings from the higher part of its back, and the wings were flamed and burning with intensity, though they were a shadowy black rather than bright fire. Black fire, Kaira thought, for those wings were obviously smelling and burning of smoke. Its face was like an angry dragon, almost reminding her of Ultramaur’s fierce gaze, though unlike Ultramaur, Gaiyah had real eyes that were large and alert, gazing around with a sharp glare. Kaira could see that they were disturbingly changing color, from a reddish-brown, to a dark green, and to an aquatic blue. On the sides of its head were tall, thin strands that stuck straight up, like pine needles that grew out of a tree. At the center of its long, arching chest, a circle of fire burned that reminded Kaira immediately of the earth’s core. The pokemon’ heart was the very center of the planet itself.
Kaira felt like an ant by the pokemon. It was probably almost twice the size of a Milotic.
Behind her, the three angel messengers hovered, surrounding baby Dovanna at the center.
Chibu hovered closer to Kaira’s face, looking delighted. “Chiiii! Kaira, you should be proud! You’ve done it—you’ve restored Gaiyah and defeated Prima Dona!”
“Oh, Chibu,” Kaira turned to grab the little pokemon in her hands and give it a kiss on the head. Baby Dovanna cooed with happiness.
Gaiyah let out a horrid screech, the ugliest cry Kaira had ever heard. She covered her ears as the pokemon roared with an intensity that made the entire planet shake.
And when Kaira opened her eyes, Gaiyah was gone. The huge crack in front of her was restored like it had never been broken before, and standing in a distance away from her was the glittering figure of Lan.
Kaira huffed with relief, dropping to her knees and closing her eyes. she had been through so much already…..
A shadow approached her from behind. She turned to look up at Barry, who had made his way over with a calm smile. She smiled back and stood, hugging him and letting herself fall into his grip as she closed her eyes and let out a long sigh.
“Barry……thank you. You’ve really helped me…….more than you’ll ever understand.”
She and Barry let go and stared at each other. Barry’s gaze was humored. “You’ve helped me. I’ve come to realize to be more aware of what I do. Anything that I let happen in my own world, it can make a big difference here.”
“Well, you’ve made that mistake once before. I know you’ll probably never do it again,” said Kaira gratefully.
Barry chuckled. “Probably?”
Behind them, Dawn, Paul, and Lucas were standing together and coming up to them. all of them, even Paul, were smiling with relief.
Kaira turned and gazed at them all. They had been great friends to her, and she was glad to have met them. her life would’ve never changed on the planet of earth if it hadn’t been for them—even Dawn.
She smiled and hugged them all. “I’m so glad to have met you…..I’m sorry for the person I had been when you first met me. I really had no control over that….”
“Oh, don’t worry about it,” said Dawn, looking thankful as she held Paul’s hand. “You were special in your own way—and no one can deny that.”
Lucas sighed and scratched the back of his head. “Man, and it feels so good to be back human again. I can finally talk to you all correctly now!”
Kaira chuckled. “You were a cute little Infernape. I bet you miss speaking to other pokemon, though.”
“Well, I will miss chatting with Monferno,” Lucas turned to see that Monferno had suddenly made its way up to him, its tail burning brightly. It leaped onto Lucas’s shoulder and let out a cry of triumph as it faced Kaira and Barry. “But all the same……pokemon do have some pretty interesting things to say, just like people! Especially Prima Dona’s pokemon! That Ghastleon is pretty interesting if you get to know its real personality!”
Paul closed his eyes and smiled. “Well….we probably won’t be seeing anymore pokemon from Prima Dona for a while.”
Kaira raised her eyebrows. “Oh, right…..they’re still trapped in the portal of light.”
Barry gasped. “That means they’re either going to die of angel spirits taking over them, or they’re going to escape somehow.”
“Prima Dona is far from being defeated,” muttered a strange, ominous voice.
Kaira and Barry turned to widen their eyes at the dark figure of Madrid suddenly approaching them. her eyes were narrowed like slits, and glittering like a cat’s.
“Madrid….” Dawn gasped.
“Prima Dona may not have Ultramaur anymore,” said Madrid, crossing her arms. “But that doesn’t mean she’s entirely powerless. She still has her dark spirit within, and her unstoppable pokemon that would do anything by her side. The only safe thing is that she has no control over the dark spirits of this world anymore, so she won’t be possessing anymore people or pokemon. You guys won’t have to worry about another league of Team Solar grunts coming out again.”
“Whew!” Barry gave Paul a wink. “That’s a relief!”
“But….” Madrid continued on. “…..her spirit still thrives in the lighted portal. She won’t stay there forever. She’ll escape that portal, and find her way into another dimension.”
“Will she ever find her way back to this dimension again?” Dawn asked.
“Perhaps…..” Madrid was staring up at the sky with a narrowed gaze. “But I doubt she’ll want to come back to a world she no longer can have control over. Without the full aid of Ultramaur, Prima Dona couldn’t control the dark spirits to enter this dimension. She would have to work by herself. She can only control the dark spirits if she somehow breaks the portals of another dimension…..and control the way to this world…”
“Well, let’s just hope that never happens,” huffed Dawn. “For all we know, Prima Dona is stuck in a portal, and if she ever finds her way out, she can have no power to destroy this world, at least by the way she wanted to.”
Paul sighed. “Some things never change though. She’ll always be her dark self, and we can’t do anything about it but get rid of it.”
Kaira nodded and looked up at Madrid. “We really should thank you for trying to help us. You’re the one who wanted to summon Saveila from her dimension, weren’t you?”
“Mm,” Madrid just stared at Kaira without changing her untrusting expression.
Kaira crossed her arms. “Well….thanks, I guess. We really couldn’t have done it without Saveila. Where is she?”
A warm wind blew over them, and a pattern of green spring leaves fluttered together in the sky.
Madrid looked up at the leaves with a wince. “Her spirit isn’t visible to this world anymore, but she may come in the form of nature, as the spirit she desired to be.”
Kaira looked up as the leaves circled around, as if welcoming her and everyone else to be back on the planet of Gaiyah again.
Madrid snorted. She turned around and walked away. “I’ll be leaving now….”
“Hey, wait! Why? Where you going?” Barry called after her.
But she didn’t look back Madrid disappeared behind the hill in the distance.
Kaira just sighed. Madrid wasn’t a good person, but she wasn’t bad either. Like she said, she was a double-agent, and she really didn’t care how she affected the world around her. she was both dark and psychic, so that was probably what made her so strange. But Kaira hoped that wouldn’t be the last time they would see her again.
Suddenly, the circle of leaves formed a glowing green light at the middle. Two figures that Kaira thought they would never see again stepped out and landed on the grass below.
“Seth! Delaine!” She cried.
The two fire warriors ran up to Kaira and hugged her and her friends.
“Oh, what in the world are you all doing here?!” Lucas cried. “We thought we would never say good-bye!”
“Didn’t you remember our promise?” Said Delaine with a sideways smile. “We were going to make sure we saw you guys before you all left.”
“And I was looking forward to seeing someone leave while still trapped in their ridiculous pokemon form,” Seth said teasingly to Lucas.
“Hey, Seth!” Said Barry. “Can’t you see we all made it back alive as well?”
But before anyone could say anything else, the bright light from the circle of leaves suddenly flashed. Gaiyah’s faint roar was suddenly echoing in the air. The three angel messengers hovered up and formed a circle around the spiraling leaves, making the light glow brighter and brighter until the roaring stopped. Suddenly, a figure was revealed in the gap.
Saveila was standing at the center of the circle, smiling tenderly.
“Children of earth….” Her voice reminded Kaira of the pokemon Dalyah. “It’s time to leave. You must return home where you belong…..for your own world needs you now that you’re through with this one.”
Kaira felt her heart drop, and she turned to all her friends with a clouded look of sadness. They all turned pale and gazed back at her with the same expression.
“Oh…..must we?” Murmured Dawn. “I mean…..we’ll never see Dovanna again…”
“Call me Kaira,” said Kaira carefully, meeting Dawn’s gaze. “I don’t want any of us to ever forget that we’ve met as friends in Twinleaf before.”
“Alright,” Dawn smiled at her. “Will we ever see you again?”
Lucas looked hopeful. “Yeah….I mean…..three years in Twinleaf wasn’t enough to befriend you yet. We had to go through all this just to get you recovered….”
“I’m glad to have gone through it,” said Kaira, smiling gratefully. “And this won’t be the last time I’ll see you. you can always meet me in your dreams—literally.”
Paul chuckled. “Now that we know our dreams actually mean something and create a significance somewhere……”
Monferno was tugging at Kaira’s gown with a sad look in its eyes.
Kaira looked at the pokemon with a halfhearted smile. “Oh, Monferno…..I swear, if I weren’t part of this dimension…..I’d totally look forward to starting my own pokemon adventure with you in Sinnoh….”
Kaira felt hurt to be thinking of how things would’ve been like if she weren’t Dovanna. She sighed. “I hope you become as strong as you can be……and make sure you take good care of yourself. Tell the other pokemon I said hi.”
Monferno nodded and then looked down, looking ready to cry.
Baby Dovanna was fluttering around everyone, and as soon as the little bird reached Monferno, the pokemon started to swat at the little bird, and then try to leap after it and catch it like it was chasing a Beautifly.
Kaira smiled with humor, and then turned to look over at Barry. He was facing Chibo, who hovered at the right side of the spiraling leaves. She knew he was bidding it farewell in his thoughts. The little pokemon could no longer communicate with him, unless he was in the fifth dimension again.
Barry turned with a clouded look towards Kaira. “Kaira….”
“Oh…..Barry….” she threw her arms around him for one last time. He hugged her and closed his eyes, trying to hold back tears. “I’m going to miss you……I’ll always remember you every day.”
Barry and Kaira stared into each other’s eyes. Barry nodded. “I’ll make sure to bug you as much as I can in my dreams each night.” His voice was shaking, and she could feel the love and sadness in his heart swell up. She closed her eyes. Love was such a strange, life-changing feeling. She had learned it the hard way, just like many spirits have. She opened them and smiled into Barry’s eyes.
“You better,” she replied. “And take care.”
Barry nodded and smiled back.
Dawn and Paul were watching with smiles on both their faces. Paul looked slightly humored, and Dawn seemed to find it rather sweet. Lucas just watched with a simple gaze, though Kaira could tell he felt just as happy for them.
“Chi….” Chibu was smiling at Kaira with happiness. “I’m proud of you, Kaira.”
Kaira let Barry go. Saveila had stepped aside, and was waiting patiently for them all to enter. Dawn and Paul slowly made their way up to the gap, and Saveila grabbed Dawn’s hand and heaved her up to the hovering light. Paul stepped in afterwards, and the both of them disappeared into the blinding light.
Next, Lucas climbed in, with Monferno clinging onto his back. The both of them stepped passed Saveila, and disappeared as well.
Finally, Barry gave Kaira one last smile, and they hugged one more time. Barry let her go, and slowly turned to climb up the gap and disappear beyond the light.
Saveila turned to Delaine and Seth. “You two ought to find a portal towards your own home in this very world as well, before your father has a fit.”
Delaine and Seth nodded. “Good-bye Kaira,” they both hugged her before stepping in up the gap and disappeared.
Saveila looked at Kaira with a warm smile. “You’ll see them soon. Not even the strongest of portals can separate them from existing in your sweetest memories—literally.”
Kaira nodded. The three angel messengers were gazing at her with glowing smiles. Kaira was feeling the love warm up inside of her once again. The roar of Gaiyah sounded again, and the planet gently shook, and the gap in the center of the spiraling leaves disappeared into the air. The spiraling leaves scattered and blew away in the wind.
Kaira let the warm, heavenly breeze of Phandolia’s mountain blow over her hair and she closed her eyes, heaving in the sweet scent.
“Good-bye Kaira.,” Chibu had hovered up to her. “We must leave…..Dalyah isn’t around for our aid anymore…”
Kaira kept her eyes shut. “Where will you go?”
“Oh, don’t worry,” Chibu didn’t sound unhappy at all. “Just look for us in the constellations of the stars. Dalyah had created us from the brightness of the stars. We will return to those stars, though our spirits will still be alive and in waiting until Dalyah may possibly come back again.”
Kaira smiled. “Good-bye Chibu…”
And the three angel messengers hovered higher into the sky until they disappeared with a twinkle.
Behind her, Lan had made his way to put a hand on her back, smiling at her with a wise, silver look.
Kaira turned to meet his gaze. She smiled happily, and took his hand as he hovered with her up into the sky. Both he and Kaira began to transform into Phandolia and Dovanna, and the two of them made their way into the heavenly clouds that formed over the mountain. Phandolia galloped high into the thick, bright clouds, and Kaira followed above him, as the pokemon Dovanna.

Barry blinked open his eyes, feeling dizzy and strangely nauseous. He was in the room of Professor Rowan. At first, he felt like he was frozen, and he was unable to move for a moment. But then he managed to sit up and push forward the bed covers that were tucked over him. He looked around in awe and winced. He wondered how long he could’ve been asleep…..their entire journey in the fifth dimension had been a dream—but it was a dream that was real and had made a huge significance through the portals of space and time. Everything he had done…..it had all happened and he knew he could prove it. He looked at his forearm. Prima Dona’s mark was faded, though he could still see the obvious marks she had given him on their first encounter.
“Barry?”
Barry looked up to see that Dawn was walking into the open doorway of the room. Her expression lighted with happiness as she saw him awake. “Oh, you’ve finally woken! I’m so happy!” She ran over to hug him.
Barry sat there, his eyes wide with confusion. “Uh…..yeah, same here. But what about YOU? weren’t you sleeping too?”
“Of course I was sleeping, silly,” she chuckled, meeting his gaze. “You think all that we’ve been through was nothing but a dream that took a few hours in one night? No! I’ve been asleep for almost seven months, just like you, Paul, and Lucas have!”
“Of course…..I know that….” Barry was saying. He remembered encountering his father on Prima Dona’s mountain at Crest Peak, when he had told him they had all been asleep when they found them missing in Mt. Coronet where Chibu had first teleported them.
“Well, to be specific,” Dawn was saying, “Paul, Lucas, and I awoke just yesterday. You took a little more time to awaken, and we were all worried about you.”
Barry felt his head start to hurt, and his heart pound with longing. He didn’t feel complete. “Yeah….I guess I needed a little more time to recover….”
Dawn stared at him with a concerned look. “You okay, though?”
“Um….”
Professor Rowan suddenly walked in the room, with Palmer at his side. Paul came in from just behind, and to his side, was an Infernape.
Barry suddenly felt his heart rush with shock. “Whoa—Lucas?! Is that you?” He was staring at the Infernape with shocked eyes.
Everyone laughed at him. Rowan met Barry’s gaze and spoke. “This isn’t Lucas! No! Believe it or not, Barry, but this is the Chimchar that had vanished with you guys at Mt. Coronet!”
Barry gasped and recognized the cocky, adventurous expression on the Infernape’s face. “Monferno!”
Palmer chuckled. “Already an Infernape, I see.”
Paul nodded. “Monferno evolved not long after it woke up and took in all its happiness at seeing its friends in the lab again.”
Lucas suddenly came in the room, in his original human form, and caught up to Dawn’s side. “Barry, you’re awake!”
“Lucas…” Barry uttered his name with a distant sigh of relief.
“Well, then,” Rowan cleared his throat. “Barry….we were quite concerned when you didn’t awaken around the same time everyone else did. Are you alright? Do you feel okay?”
Barry didn’t feel okay. And it wasn’t anything at all close to physical or mental sickness, but his own emotions felt troubled. He knew what was wrong with him. He was missing Kaira. The thought of her made his heart ache. “No….I’m fine,” he replied quietly. “I….you wouldn’t believe what I’ve been through—or what we’ve all been through.”
“It’s alright, son,” his father was looking at him with an understanding smile. “Dawn, Paul, and Lucas told me everything. And we weren’t as flabbergasted with awe as we should have been. The professor and I have been doing some intense research over your long period of sleeping.”
Rowan nodded. “We’ve come to discover many things beyond the bits of dust left by that….’Chibu’ pokemon as you guys called it. that one met Kaira, didn’t it? it was the first you’ve met from that fifth dimension in your sleep, and it put you all to a sleeping trance in this world so that your inner spirit could teleport to the fifth dimension correctly.”
Barry nodded. “Yeah…..I understand that.”
“Kaira never came back, didn’t she?” His father was pressing on. His expression faltered as he saw the troubled look on Barry’s face as he didn’t meet his gaze. “I’m sorry, son.”
Barry said nothing.
“Well….” Dawn was looking at him with concern. “Your pokemon are out in their pokeballs. They’re waiting for you, and they’ve missed all their training with you. You’re welcome to train with them if you want.”
“My pokemon?” Barry was willing to see his pokemon after such a long time. “Oh….thanks.”
A week later, Barry was still his unusually quiet self that the others had started to worry about him. it didn’t take too long for Barry to stop training his pokemon altogether, and just spend his time walking around the town, with his hands in his pockets, deep in thought.
One day, he was standing still in front of his house. His Empoleon was in its pokeball, but he held it in his hand with uncertainty.
From behind, Dawn was slowly approaching him with a careful look on her face.
“Hey…..” she joined his side.
Barry turned to meet her gaze and then looked away. “Hey.”
“Have you had any dreams of Kaira yet? or anything in the fifth dimension?” She spoke with calm.
Barry sighed. “I couldn’t dream about anything. It’s frustrating. I hope and try each night, going to bed with thoughts of Kaira in the fifth dimension, but nothing. I couldn’t get a single dream in my head.”
“Yeah…..I’ve been experiencing the same problem,” said Dawn downheartedly. “And so has Lucas and Paul. Professor Rowan says that it must be because our brains have been in that sleeping position for so wrong, and our minds have been altering with dreaming for way too long. He just says we need to recover from that, and pretty soon, we can go back to dreaming normally again, about whatever we want.”
Barry could tell Dawn was trying to sound hopeful. He looked up at the sky hopefully, his gaze following a flock of Starly in the distance. “Yeah….I hope so.”
Dawn sighed. “You love her, don’t you?” She was speaking with utter calm.
Barry looked down and winced. “Well, yes. Of course, obviously….”
“I know how you feel,” said Dawn, looking down herself. “I…..I felt the same way for Paul to…..before our relationship grew closer to each other after I was inthat coma in the region of Lluyan.”
Barry looked at Dawn with raised eyes. “Yeah, that was pretty obvious for me to see too.”
Dawn chuckled. “Well, I’m glad we feel better for each other.” she turned to Barry with a smile. “Love is such a pain in the butt…..and I bet Kaira understands that better than anyone else ever will.”
Barry chuckled. “Yeah….”
“Hey! Barry! Dawn!” Lucas came running towards the both of them with an excited look on his face. “Guys, you won’t believe it! Professor Rowan has created his very own pokemon!”
“What?!” Dawn turned to face him with a disbelieving wince. “How?”
“He used the DNA found from those dust particles that Chibu left behind…..you gotta just see it first! You’re gonna love it, come on!” Lucas turned to run back towards theroad to Sandgem Town before anyone could say another word.
“Um, okay….?” Dawn looked at Barry with a playful smile. “New pokemon! Wow, I’d like to see that!”
Barry nodded, managing to let out a smile. “Me too. Come on…..Lucas, wait up!”

Lucas led Barry and Dawn towards the lab, his face beaming with excitement. “You won’t believe what the new pokemon looks like! I swear, this is going to change our view of the fifth dimension!”
Dawn laughed. “Oh? Has he created another Chibu or something out of its own DNA?”
“Mm, not exactly. But you’ll see!” He cast a glance at Barry, who was running at Dawn’s side with a little bit of the old excitement his face used to always portray, though he was still not his usual enthusiastic self.
Lucas pressed on, heading towards the lab. The new pokemon was probably going to change that.


Paul stared with bewilderment at the pokemon hovering next to Professor Rowan. The pokemon was so familiar to the three messengers, with a bright pinkish color to it. It had two ear denst at the sides of its head, and cute little button eyes that were alert with mischievousness. But Rowan had mixed the DNA with the blood of a regular Clefairy, for that had been the next DNA he had found mixed with the dust. The pokemon had two pairs of extending cone-shaped points at the bottom, and resembled that of a little toy flying machine of some kind. It bore teeth that stuck from the corners of its mouth like a Clefairy did, and Paul could tell that it was a cross between the messenger pokemon, and the Clefairy in Mt Coronet.
“Wow….” Paul stared at it with awe. “That’s totally legit.”
Rowan chuckled. “Here comes Lucas sand everyone else. they’re all going to like this.”
Barry, Dawn, and Lucas all busted in the lab, and the pokemon that hovered by Rowan’s shoulder let out a little squeaky cry of excitement.
Dawn and Barry gasped with astonishment. “Oh my gosh--” Dawn was smiling.
“Chibu!” Barry cried. “Or….a Clefairy-slash-messenger?! Whoa! Awesome! You really made this?”
Rowan nodded proudly. “I have been working on it during our studies over the mysterious fifth dimension pokemon while you guys were all asleep. I eventually got to creating this as a surprise when you guys woke up, so you can have a good memory of the fifth dimension.”
“But….is it safe?” Paul asked. “It doesn’t have any connection with the fifth dimension, does it?”
Rowan looked at the squeaking pokemon with raised eyebrows. “Hmm…..it can teleport like the messengers knew how to, but it can’t break through the portals of its own fifth dimension. It’s not as powerful as the messengers themselves.”
“Ooh, it’s so cute!” Dawn held her arms towards the little pokemon. The pokemon squeaked and hovered towards her and she gave it a hug. “Oh, I hope it doesn’t leave to the fifth dimension! I love this! Thank you so much, Professor!” she let the pokemon go and it hovered to Barry and Lucas. Lucas tickled the pokemon’s chin and made the pokemon squeal and shudder with glee.
Barry laughed. “I know just what we should call it! it should be called Casavon, which is the very name Kaira and I named Chibu before we found out what it really was!”
“Casavon!” Giggled Dawn, joining Paul’s side and giving him a happy smile. “What do you think?”
Paul shrugged. “Doesn’t really matter. Just don’t call it devil Chiba.”
“Call it whatever you want,” said Rowan. He suddenly looked at the pokemon carefully. “But be sure you don’t go too far with it. I will keep it under my conditions, and it will remain under my guard until I can feel comfortable with what this pokemon is capable of. I still have a lot to study with it, and I don’t want this pokemon to be a harm to this world, or this world be a harm to the pokemon.”
Casavon hovered around them all and let out happy squeaks of friendliness.
Paul found himself admiring the little pokemon. “I bet this is psychic type?”
“Normal and psychic,” said Rowan. “Just like a cross between Clefairy and the messengers.”
“Hey, look!” Said Barry, facing the door. “Infernape just arrived in front of our lab! He’ll love to see this!”


Lucas and the others exited the lab and greeted Infernape. “Hey, Infernape, old buddy! Come take a look at Casavon! Now we’ve got our own first dimension messenger!”
Infernape cast an excited glance at the hovering Casavon, and then started jumping up and down with enthusiasm. It was holding something in its hands.
“Huh?” Barry looked at the pokemon. “Hey, what’s that you’ve got in your hands?”
Infernape backed away, holding his cupped hands closer to his chest, but suddenly, his hands pushed away from each other……and revealed the small form of a Starly-sized fluff of white feathers.
Dawn let out a shocked gasp. “Oh my…….baby Dovanna!”
Sure enough…….baby Dovanna was flying out of Infernape’s hands.
“Whoa…..my word,” Rowan was staring at the little bird. The little white pokemon was fluttering around them all, cooing with happiness to see them. it pecked curiously at Rowan’s scruffy hairs at the side of his head. “Hmph! Why, this little pokemon must have followed you guys back out of your dreams!”
“How is that possible though?” Paul stared at baby Dovanna with awe.
Lucas watched as Infernape tried to catch at it again. “Huh! Maybe Infernape actually managed to catch it before we left Phandolia’s mountain, and brought it back thorugh the portals of dreams to our own world!”
“Well, whatever!” Said Barry excitedly, letting the little Dovanna land on his finger. “I’m going to keep this pokemon and raise it in our world myself!”
“Really?” Dawn gasped.
“What?” Barry was gleaming with happiness again. “It’s gonna be alright! This little pokemon hasn’t grown an inch since it hatched out from the egg you found! It’ll be totally safe!”
Baby Dovanna suddenly hovered off of Barry’s fingers. “Douuuu! Douuu!” It seemed so happy in this new world and dimension it was in. it was darting itse head around with curiosity, and flying higher and higher into the air.
“Hey! where do you think you’re going?” Barry called.
“Get back down here, Dovanna!” Lucas called.
But baby Dovanna wasn’t listening. The enthusiastic pokemon happily flew higher towards the flock of Starly that passed by, and followed the flock over to meet the wonders of its new world.

Kaira watched through the portals of stars around her. It was a warm, starry night, and she sat up in the clouds in her human form, with Lan by her side. Lan had taught her how to star-gaze, and that if she could read certain constellations, she was able to tell what was going on between different dimensions.
Kaira was even reminded by Chibu of how Barry, Dawn, Lucas, and Paul were doing. The three angel messengers joined part of the constellations, and were able to see pass certain portals to peek into the other side of the world as they lived on in their stars. They had reminded Kaira of everything that had happened with Barry and the others, and that they were all continuing to live their lives normally as usual back in Sinnoh.
“Professor Rowan has given Barry, Dawn, and Lucas a new job,” she was telling Lan. “He wants them to record every new pokemon they saw in the fifth dimension, and visualize it in their heads to sketch it out and show it to him.”
“Oh, is that so?” Said Lan.
“Yep. Their new pokemon, Casavon, is based off of DNA from the messengers themselves, so that pokemon can use the strange power of portals and look into their minds, somehow making their mind visions seen for real. It’s kinda weird….but it works. You just need Rowan’s computer, Casavon, and a visualized image in your imagination, and somehow, Casavon can make that image in your head show up on the computer like a psychic-slash-virus!” Kaira sighed, smiling. “Technology gets so technical, doesn’t it?”
Lan chuckled. “Of course it does. It’s probably as powerful as magic itself.”
“Magic….” Kaira murmured, gazing up at the stars. So much more than magic has happened to her….and she didn’t even know if anything she had been through would be even considered magic at all.
Lan sighed happily. His silver eyes sparkled like the stars, and he put an arm over Kaira. “So how is that baby Dovanna doing in that world of theirs?”
Kaira laughed. “Oh, baby Dovanna! Yeah, I had to sneak that with Infernape when no one was looking. I wanted to surprise them all, and give Barry something that he can remember me by each day. So I told baby Dovanna to let Infernape capture it so that it can take it back to its own world.” Kaira sighed. “Even though Barry and I are far apart in different dimensions….” She gazed up at the sky, letting her own eyes sparkle. “…..we will never be far apart at heart.”
“Of course you won’t,” said Lan warmly. “Not even the farthest dimensions or the strongest of portals can interfere with the closeness of two beings that love each other.” He smiled at Kaira. “One day you two will be together, though in a different dimension.”
Kaira nodded. “It won’t be this dimension…..nor his own dimension though….”
Lan looked up at the stars and chuckled. “Hey, you really don’t know what’s happened to baby Dovanna, haven’t you?”
“What?” Kaira met his gaze with concern. “Barry found it, didn’t he? They all found it, and they’ve all decided to take good care of it.”
Lan chuckled again. “Read the stars carefully again, or try to ask Chibu. Baby Dovanna has escaped, and is out there in the region of Sinnoh, roaming the wild of that world.”
“What?!” Kaira flinched and stared at Lan with shock. She turned to the stars and tried to read them…..and then started giggling. “Well….I guess that will still be alright. Barry’s feeling a little better now, and that’s a good thing. And even though baby Dovanna is flying free in a world it has no idea about…..it will be alright.” She smiled. “It’s not a huge danger to other pokemon and people, though it’s powerful enough to use the power of love and abilities from the fifth dimension to keep it safe from harm.” Baby Dovanna was a sweet little pokemon, Kaira knew. And it was powerful enough to keep it from getting into trouble with other people or pokemon.
Lan nodded. “All the same, you better keep an eye on it.”
“Of course I will,” replied Kaira. “I’ll always be watching over the first dimension…and all my friends in it.”
Kaira knew her love could never be destroyed as long as she kept herself positive and hopeful. And knowing that Barry had her in his dreams each night, she knew her love would never end. Though they were far apart, one day they would find each other and be together forever again. One day they’ll find the right dimension, and not even the powers of portals cold stop them.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 6 comments.


DanTDS said...
on Oct. 12 2021 at 12:15 pm
DanTDS, Lakewood, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
This was a Great Book. Amazing story and Writing

Dreamsea said...
on Jun. 29 2011 at 10:48 am
Woah, Woah, Woah!!!!!! Hold on a second! This is only the first part and there are still sixty-six chapters!!? I read through it and the ending was great, but what do you mean that there are two more parts?!?!?!?!?!

prima said...
on Apr. 23 2011 at 2:50 pm
prima, Corona, California
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
haha well if you read it its probably nothing like your book :P

on Apr. 13 2011 at 10:21 am
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
62 articles 0 photos 569 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

He probably meant my novel, SuperNOVA. It's on the front page.

prima said...
on Apr. 10 2011 at 8:58 pm
prima, Corona, California
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
what title is this similar to?

Mike K. said...
on Apr. 4 2011 at 4:48 pm
This is very similar to another novel's title.