Undertale: The New Human | Teen Ink

Undertale: The New Human

April 12, 2018
By TheMajorLeagueStoryWriter, Huntington, Indiana
More by this author
TheMajorLeagueStoryWriter, Huntington, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You have my Sword." Aragorn- the fellowship of the ring


Author's note:

Undertale fanfiction and the game inspired this. this is something i always wanted to make, and i hope people will not be made that this may seems different, but it's fanfiction, so i can make it my own way. 

Long ago, Humans and Monsters lived in harmony, but after a Monster killed a Human, fearing it would happen again, the two species fought in a war, where the humans put the remaining monsters inside a barrier at the bottom of the inside of Mount Ebott. The monsters could never leave unless they absorb the soul of a human, but the leader, Asgore collected 6 humans souls to break the barrier, but he needed 7. A human named Frisk fell down a hole, befriending the people of Undertale, but a creature named Flowey absorbed the human souls and fought Frisk, who won. And it turns out, the King and Queen’s son, Asriel, was the flower, who Frisk spared. Frisk and his new family, her Brother Asriel, her Sister Chara, Father Asgore, Mother Toriel, And best friends Sans and Papyrus, leave the land of Undertale to find out that the people still hate them and chased them back to their home. When they made it back to Undertale, they all decided that it would be better if they just accepted what they had, so the group goes back to live in peace. But 6 years later, when the kids turned 15, someone new would come into their lives, and he might be staying forever.

In the town of Madison, a boy was born. His name was James, and he didn’t know it yet, but he was born to do great things. He was born a healthy boy, but he was a little less than normal. No one knew it, but he was born half monster. 15 years later, it would come and bite him on the behind.

The year is 2018, in the town of Madison, and James was doing what he normally did, and that was run away from bullies. After his secret was given out, people were hesitant at first, but people soon accepted the young half human half monster, but the kids still treat him like a freak, even though he didn’t look a lot like a monster, except for a demon tail and the ability to use fire. One day, he ran home from the bullies again, which his human mother knew would happen. He put up his coat and his book bag on the chair and walked to the kitchen, where his monster dad, was getting a beer. “Hey son. How’s it going?” “It’s good, dad. I have a question.” Jame’s dad kneeled down to him. “Of course, son. What is it?”  “Why do humans hate us monsters?” “Well, it happened a long time ago. The war between us happened after our kind killed one of theirs. The other monsters now live in Mount Ebott.” “What’s that?” James dad led him to the couch and sat down. “Mount Ebott is where the war took place, and where our brethren are. I hope one day that we can all see each other again.” James dad pats his back and started to leave, but James said something else. “Do you wish they were here? Or we were with them?” James dad sighs. “Yes, I do, son. I wish we can.” James looked down at his hands, covered in dirt. “Where is Mount Ebott? I need to figure this out.”

At around midnight, James slept, hoping to dream about the nice friend he wish he had. Then, he started to dream. He woke up and noticed he was in the middle of a flower bed. He looked around and saw only three figures. A monster in a yellow and green striped sweater, a girl with brown hair, red pupils, and the same color sweater. The other girl had brown hair and had a purple and blue sweater and a red heart necklace. He went to them and the girl in the purple and blue sweater held out her hand. He took it and he felt happiness and warmth. Suddenly, he felt pain in his throat. He felt his throat, and felt warm blood. He started to choke, then fell to the ground. He woke up. “Argh! That’s it! I need to find Mount Ebott and make my new home there.” He got up and got dressed in a red and black striped sweater. He grabbed a backpack and filled it with survival supplies and food. Heh grabbed a map and a picture of the mountain, and got on his bike. He looked back at his house, and decided to let them know. He wrote them a letter telling them what he was doing. He got on his bike and rode of into the town. He looked at the map and tried to find where to go. He saw Joshua, one of the only kids who actually likes him. “Hey, Joshua!” Joshua looks and waves. “Hey, James. What’s up?” “I decided that I want to go to Mount Ebott to go and live with the monsters there.” “Well, I won’t say I approve, but if this is what you want, then I won’t stop you. If you want to, Mount Ebott its that way, about a mile.” “Thanks Joshua. And, sorry I won’t be around anymore.” Joshua nods and James rides away. James peddles all the way to the mountain, but he doesn’t realize he is being followed. “Why are we going after the monster kid again?” The driver hit his friend. “Because, when we take him to the boss, we can axe him off this planet, then, we get paid 40,000 big ones!” The other guy drooled. “40,000? That’s a lot! Floor it!” They followed James to Mount Ebott, where he pulled out the map and looked at it. “Well, this is it. I can’t believe it! I found it!” “And we found you.” James turned around to his followers. “Oh, hello. Nice to see you. How did you….my parents sent you didn’t they?” “No. You’re our paycheck, freak. Come here.” James pulled out a flare and lit it and threw it at them. He ran up the trail to the top. He kept on throwing things down to hit them. He made it to the top where he ran into the cave, and made a plan. He screamed and kicked some rocks to make it seem like he fell. He went inside and clung to the walls. “Whoa, he fell down!” “Darn it! That’s our money down the hole. Literally. Lets go.” They walked away from the hole. James breathed a sigh of relief. “Thank goodness.” He tried to go back, but when he stepped, a rock shifted him and he fell right down the hole. “AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!” He fell right down the hole, but in his head, it was calm. He thought “Well, this is how I die. Falling down the hole my brethren went. At least I can die like I’m lying in a bed of…” He fell face first into a pile of flowers. “Flowers. Whoa, I can’t believe it! I live! HA HA HA HA!” He jumped up and down and cheered. Suddenly, he felt pain in his chest. “Totally forgot that I fell from a high point. Oh, chest pains.” He held his chest and looked around. “Wow, this place is…boring. Why would the humans send the monsters here? Oh, yeah. Hate. right.” He heard screeches from the entrance ahead of him. He went towards the sounds, where he saw a creature chomping on a smaller creature. He went closer to it, and the big creature growled and leaped on James, and bit him on the neck. When it did, he knew exactly what this meant. He screamed for help, and a blue light shined and blasted the creature away. A figure kneeled over him. He tried to speak, but the figure stopped him. “Sh, sh. It’s ok. We’re here to help. Chara, Asriel, go get Sans! We need help!” That was the last thing he heard before he passed out.

James was in a world he didn’t know. He was back at home, but it was a little different from home. But it was the same neighborhood. He walked around town, and nobody tried to make him run away. No kids tried to beat him up and no adults stopped him in their shops. He started to feel happy, then he noticed an event going on in the middle of town.  “Friends, we gather here today to celebrate what we’ve tried to do for years. Slaughter the monsters!” James gasped. “And with the disappearance of James, the half human half monster breed, his parents were the two souls we needed to kill the rest, and now, James, it’s your turn.” Everybody looked at him. Then he was held down to a table. A guy with a large machete came towards him. It was Joshua. “Sorry, dude. That’s life.” He sliced down, and James woke up. He was lying in a bed with soft covers. The room was lighten by candlelight, and he saw the wall and ceiling was all wooden. He looked at a picture on the dresser beside him, and he saw multiple people in it. In the front, he saw the three kids he saw in his dreams, and the girl in the purple and blue sweater from before. On their left was a small skeleton in a blue hoodie, white tank top, black shorts, and pink slippers. Next to him was a tall skeleton with blue shorts, black leggings, red boots, red gloves, and a red scarf. Behind them was a blue-fish monster with an eyepatch, blue pants, and a black tank top and a blue spear. Near her, was a yellow Dino looking monster wearing glasses and a lab coat. On the kids right was a robot with Black hair, and pink boots and long arms and legs. Next to her was a purple spider lady with six arms and a darkish purplish red dress. Behind the kids was two goat monsters, a lady in a purple dress, and a man in a purple robe with a crown and beard. “Wow. What a big family.” “Not all of them are family, but we are just like one.” James turned and saw the small skeleton near the door. “Hi.” “Hey kid.” The skeleton grabbed a chair and sat down near the bed. 'Well, I will tell you this, you are one tough SOB. Tough indeed.” “Thanks. Who are you?” “The name’s Sans. Comedian. Helper. And Friend to new people.” He held out his hand, and James started to shake it, but then there was a fart. “Heh heh heh. The old whopper cushion in the hand trick. Gets ‘em every time.” James laughed. “Ha! That’s hilarious.” “Heh heh heh. I think we are going to get along just fine.” The door opened, and the girl from earlier came through the door. “Sans. Mom wants you to help her. She wants me to stay him him for a while.” “Sure thing, kid. Hey, what’s your name?” “James. Half human half monster.” Sans laughed and left. The girl sat on his bed and James sat up. “Hey there. Nice to see you recovering nicely.” “Well, I should really thank you. If you hadn’t came to help me, then I would be dead.” “Well, I aim to help out anyone, especially new friends. I wanted to be the first to say, welcome to your new home.” “Well, I don’t want to take up room in this house. I’m sure a lot of people live here.” “Well, my friend Sans lives here with my mom, Papyrus, Sans’ brother lives here, and my sister Chara and brother Asriel live here as well. So, yeah its full, but it’s fine. We care.” “Hey, I really appreciate it, but can you tell me where in the world I am?” The girl nods. She takes his hand and takes him to the balcony. He looks out at the city of Snowdin, a town filled with monsters, expanded after many years. It was a lot bigger, about the size of James’ town. “Wow. This is beautiful.” “Yep. Our town is pretty.” “Hey, what’s your name? I never got it to thank you.” “I’m Frisk. Welcome to the Land of Undertale.”

James and Frisk walk back from the balcony, where they ran into the goat woman. “Oh, hello young one. Nice to see you are recovering very well.” “Thank you ma’am. You’re Toriel, right? Frisk’s mother?” “Yes I am. Welcome to my home. You can stay here for as long as you want. My home is your home.” “Thank you so much. *sniff* do I smell Italian seasonings?” Frisk laughed. “Oh, that’s probably Papyrus in the kitchen. He LOVES to make spaghetti. Go meet him.” James nods and walks to the kitchen. He thought “Why do I have the feeling this guy is going to be overly excited to meet me?” When he got to the kitchen door, he put his ear to it and heard singing. “When the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie thats amore!” James chuckled silently and went inside. He saw the tall skeleton stirring the sauce and adding spices and seasonings to it. He stirred the spaghetti and grabbed some vegetables to chop. “Uh, hello.” The skeleton screamed and jumped back, falling over a chair. From behind, Sans came in from the door. “Don’t worry kid. Here’s fine. Just had a “Chair” raising experience. Heh heh heh!” James laughed, but Papyrus jumped up in anger. “SAAAANS! Enough of your infernal joking and puns! You are nothing but a big bag of annoyance.” Sans said “Come on bro, without me, the kids would be very “Bonely!” James laughed even harder. “See? Kids got taste.” Papyrus’ head went red. “SAAAAAAAAAANS!!!!” Sans walked away chuckling. Papyrus groaned. “One of these days, that brother of mine is going to be sorry about making those puns around me.” “Uh…Mr. Papyrus?” Papyrus turned to James. “AH! Hello, Human! Nice to see you recovering nicely. I see you came here to see me, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, do his masterpiece of cuisine, SPAGHETTI!” James stepped onto a chair and looked inside the pot of sauce, noticing every single bit of flavoring and seasonings inside, which smelled glorious. “This smells so delicious! Like you could have the sauce, and only the sauce!” “Nyeh heh heh! Exactly! You know your way around cuisine, Human. But…can you taste how amazing it is and handle it?” James nods. Papyrus gets a spoon and gets some of the sauce. James takes the spoon and slurps the sauce, getting his face all red in deliciousness…and also spiciness. “That…is….amazing!!!!” James jumped up and down and held the taste in his mouth. “Nyeh heh heh! Fantastic! Amazing! Any word will do! Human, you have fantastic taste! I welcome you as my friend!” Papyrus held out his hand, and James gave it a high five. The two of them laughed. Frisk came into the room. “Glad to see you two are getting along. Hey, James, Chara and Asriel want to meet you. Come on.” James nods. “Ok. See you soon Papyrus. Can’t wait to eat that Spaghetti.” “And I will be there to see the stunned look on your face when you eat my Spaghetti! Until we meet later, Human James! Nyeh heh heh!” James chuckles and leaves. “He is so enthusiastic! A little too much, if you ask me.” Frisk laughed. “Yeah, he really is! But we all love him.” They stopped outside the door to the kids room. “Now, real quick. I want to let you know about Chara. Let’s say that she isn’t from this universe. She came from a universe where she killed everyone here, but I helped her and saved her. So don’t mention that at all, ok?” James nods. “Ok, and also have fun.” James nods and opens the door. Frisk and Chara’s beds were on the left, and Asriel bed was on the right. Chara was playing video games on their tv, and Asriel was watching, until James came in and Asriel came to him. “Hey, James, right? How are you doing?” “Fine, thanks. Hey, thank you guys for saving my life.” Asriel pats James’ shoulder. “No problem. It was the right to do. Right Chara?” “SHHHH! I’m trying to concentrate! I just made it to this boss, and I need concentration!” “Yeah, she’s hooked on games. Never know why, but she is.” “I am not hook, Asriel! I just want to beat this game!” James went up to Chara, who was playing Borderlands 2. “Wow, you have Borderlands 2? Awesome! That’s the best game!” Chara nods. “High five!” They high five. Asriel sighs. “Great. Another kid hooked on games. Great…..is that a tail?” Frisk looked at James’ tail, which was a demon tail. “Oh, yeah. I guess you guys don’t know. I’m half monster.” Chara stopped playing and died in the game. “Really, you’re half monster? That’s awesome!” “Yeah, not where I came from. I was counted as an abomination.” Frisk came up and gave him a pat on the back. “Well, let’s not think about that. Lets go around town and I will introduce you to my friends.”

Frisk, James, Asriel, and Chara go around town trying to find some people to introduce to James. There were so many members of the community that James could meet. James looked all around at the cites in the city. He noticed many different kinds of monsters. From bears, to deer, to rabbits, to fiery monsters, but all of them seemed very nice. Then he heard some yelling coming from a gym. He looked inside and saw the blue fish woman in the room with a bunch of broken punching bags around the entire place. “Whoa! Who is that?” Frisk and her siblings looked inside. “That is Undyne. She is captain of the royal guard. She is the greatest warrior, and one of the first monster actually trying to kill me. But, we became friends. I help her with her fighting.” James looked back and saw her kick the punching bag out the window. Everyone had to dodge out of the way. “Help? That woman could kick a bus through a metal wall”!” Chara looked through the window. “The scary thing is…she can. And she has.” James looked at her. “Wow. She is strong with a capital….every single letter.” She looked through the window. “Oh, hey punks! What’s up? Hey, is that the new guy?” James ducked down, and Asriel picked him up. “Yep. This is James. He’s half human half monster.” Undyne wiped her hands with a towel and held it out. “Nice to meet you, kid. I’m Undyne, Captain of the Royal Guard!” James nervously shook her hand. “Oh, I get it, kid. Nervous for meeting someone like me, who’s completely awesome and scary? Well, if you want, you can help me with my training. I can teach you a few things I learned down here, then we can head back to my place and I can introduce you to Alphys, the scientist in Hot-Land, and my other half. She’s awesome.” Undyne looked up at the sky. James snapped his fingers to get her attention. “Undyne? Undyne? Hello?” James decided to slap her. “Hey! Nice form, punk. Plus, nice sneak attack. But let me show you how it’s done.” Undyne punched him in the face, sending him flying into the wall. “Whoops. Maybe a little too hard. You ok kid?” James put his thumb up. “Good. Let’s go again. Here, use this. It might help.” James grabbed the bow staff. “Well, heh. Thanks, but I don’t need this. What is this made out of, metal?” His hands glowed red and melted the staff. “Whoa! Heat hands! You from Hot-Land?” “My dad was. He taught me how to use fire. Guess you could say I’m always “Fired” up!” Undyne laughed. “You have been hanging with that Sans for a while? He’s starting to rub off on ya. Let’s go!” James ran at Undyne, who charged too. They slammed their fists against each others fist, making a fiery shockwave break the mirrors and glass in the entire place. James and Undyne were the only ones standing, fists still connected. The others ducked behind another wall. The two fighters took their fists away. Undyne was completely taken by surprise by the kid. “That…was…awesome!!! Kid, you are so awesome! So powerful!” James nods. “Thanks. You’re definitely stronger than me, though. I just got lucky.” “No way, punk! You’re crazy strong! Considering being a part of the guard?” Frisk and her siblings came in. “Well, let’s do some training some other time. We should go and visit someone else. We’ll stop by Alphys’ later.” Undyne shrugs and picks up another punching bag. “Whatever you say. See you later, James!” James waves goodbye and leave. The four walk down the street. “So, James, how do you like her?” A punching bag goes through the window behind them. “She’s cool.”

James and his friends left the gym from meeting and sparring with Undyne, and now they are going to meet someone else. “Hey, guys. I’m getting hungry. You know a place where we can get something to eat?” Asriel jumped up and down, raising his hand. “We can go to Nice Cream Guy’s and Burgerpants’ new restaurant. They combined their businesses to get more customers, plus they became best friends.” Said Asriel. Frisk whispered to James. “They’re actually dating, but they don’t know that.” “Oh.” They walked down the street, waving to the monsters on the street. Before they got there, a small yellow dinosaur monster with no arms came up to them. “Hi! Your the new kid here, right? If I had arms, I’d shake your hand, but let me introduce myself anyway. I’m Monster Kid!” “Hi, dude. Looking good with that shirt man. “I want your Undyne-ing appreciation?” Awesome.” Monster kid laughed. “Thanks! Well, I gotta run! Nice to meet you! See you later!” Monster Kid runs off, falls over, then runs away. “What a nice guy.” “Yeah, and he is a total Undyne fan.” They walked down the street where they saw the diner. They went inside. And it smelled just like most diners. Frisk went to the counter. “Nice Cream Guy! Burgerpants! Are you here?” “We’re in the back! We’ll just be a little bit! Make yourself at home!” The kids sit at the booth by the window. After a little bit, two monsters come out of the kitchen. One was a blue rabbit with a yellow striped uniform, and red pants. The other was a brown cat monster wearing the same thing. The cat came to them. “Hello again my friends. Welcome back to Nice Burgers and Fries. Hello there, new customer. Who are you and what’s your name?” “Hey, Burgerpants. My name is James, the half human half monster. I fell down here, and I live here now.” “Well, nice to see someone new here at our diner. What can I get you?” James looked at the menu. He saw so many different kinds of burgers and ice cream flavors he could mix. “I’ll have the Bacon Bonzai with fries, honey mustard, and some Strawberry Nice Cream.” Nice Cream Guy wrote it down. “Nice choice, sir. And the usual for the rest of you?” Frisk said “Actually, i’ll have what he’s having, please.” James looked at Frisk, who looked at him. They both blushed. “Ah, good. Coming right up!” The two ran to the kitchen and told their workers to go to work. Chara and Asriel talked about what happened. “You saw that, right, Asriel?” Asriel nods. After a little bit, the two come back with their orders. “Ok, Asriel, here is your Cheeseburger with tomatoes and fries, and your Chocolate Nice Cream. Chara, here is your Rare bacon burger and fries, with cherry sherbet, and two orders of Bacon Bonzai with fries, honey mustard, and Strawberry Nice Cream. Enjoy, and also, welcome to Snowdin, your new home.” James thanks them and the four start to eat. After about half an hour, they finish. They all held their stomachs in refreshment. “Burgerpants, Nice Cream Guy, Perfection! Amazing! I love it!” They both give a thumbs up. James and his friends stay until closing time, which was still the afternoon, where James talks to them. “So, you two started dating weeks ago?” “Yep. Me and Nicey here have been dating for three weeks, and we decided to open this place. We’ve been happy ever since.” “Well, good for you guys. Thanks for the grub. I will definitely be coming back.” They waved goodbye to the two diner owners and left the diner. “What a nice couple. Where to next?” Frisk stopped him. “I think that’s enough for the day. Let’s head back home. We can play some games and chill with Sans.”

The four kids walked back to Toriels house, where Sans and Toriel sat watching tv and holding hands. James had shear confusion on his face, which Toriel saw. “Something wrong, James?” “Oh, nothing. I though you were married and I saw you two….” She looked down at her hand. “Oh, yes. Well, Asgore is my ex. He was trying to kill humans to steal souls, and I couldn’t see that anymore, and I left. Sans has been with me ever since, and I’ve been happy ever since.” “Yeah, kid. It’s all cool. Let’s say when she was all sad, it “Tor” my heart into shreds.” James and everyone else laughed. “Heh heh heh. But, being serious here, I was there for here, and she was there for me.” “That’s nice. You know, in the time I’ve been here, I finally feel like a member of a real family and community, and not seen as a freak.” Frisk put her hand on his back. “Well, with us, you are a member of the family. Now, let’s have fun. Let’s not go into sad details.” Chara ran upstairs. “I’ll be playing Borderlands if you need me!” Papyrus came out of the kitchen. “Frisk, Asriel, can you help me with dinner?” “Paps, it’s the afternoon. You must be talking about Brunch. I swear, when it comes to spaghetti, it must be like you have a “Brunch” of rocks in your skull.” Everyone laughed. Papyrus just left for the kitchen. Frisk and Asriel laughed and went to help. “Oh, I forgot, I need to go do some errands. Sans, why don’t you and James spend some time together?” Sans gets up. “Sure thing, Tori. Hey, you want to come to my room? I got some snacks and cool stuff in there. We can chill.” “Awesome! Let’s rock and roll! And in the words George Thorogood, It’s going to be “Bad to the Bone!” Sans and Toriel laugh. “Heh heh heh. I love this kid!” Sans and James walk up to Sans’ room. Inside Sans’ room, there were posters of video games, movies, comedians, and his bookshelf was full of games, movies, and the entire bottom row was a bunch of joke books and puns. James thought “Well, this is going to be fun.” James also noticed a mini fridge. “Help yourself to some of the soda in there. I get a lot of that stuff.” James looked inside and saw a bunch of cans of Mettaton Brand Lemon-Lime Soda. He grabbed a can and opened it and drank it. James thought “Hm, taste like Sprite.” Then he saw the brand MTT. “Notice the brand? Yeah, that face is everywhere. That Mettaton, he is a diva.” “He’s a guy?” “Yeah. People mistook him for a woman at first, but he got the fame he always wanted. Now he has his own tv show and has his face everywhere.” James looked around the room, and noticed something that was out of place. It was a photo book. “Hey, Sans. What’s this book?” “Oh, that’s the photos from over the past three years since Frisk and Chara and Asriel were here. It was a lot of fun times.” James looked through he book. He saw everyone he met so far having fun at amusement parks, diners, the beach, the different lands, and many different holidays and celebrations. James started to cry. “Hey, kid. What’s wrong? You ok?” “Sorry, Sans. *sniff* Just…memories. I just wish humans would accept me.” “Well, I’m not saying they won’t, but this was your decision. This decision you made is up to you, and what do you think?” “I think I did the right thing.” Sans walks to him and puts his boney hands on James’ shoulders. “Then if that’s what you think is right, then it is right. Besides, you have real friends. Toriel, Papyrus, me, Frisk, Asriel, Chara, Burgerpants and Nice Cream Guy, and Undyne and Monster Kid. We’re all here for you, and I am your friend. Remember that. Now come on, let’s have some fun. Grab some more soda and let’s play some Mortal Kombat.” “Sure Sans. Sorry.” Sans puts his arm around James. “No problem kid. Decisions are hard. Even the decision to cry when I beat you!” “Oh, yeah right, Bone Boy! Bring it on!” Sans starts up the game and they pick their characters. Sans picks Raiden and James picks Johnny Cage. “Hey, kid. I guess you could call this matchup “Electrifying” James, prepare to to get “Electro-fried” James looks at Sans with a smug look in his eyes. “Big words. Well, you about to get “Caged!” Prepare for a “Cage” match, Sans!” They both laugh and fight. They battle multiple times, but in the end, James becomes the victor! “Ha! Winner Winner, Spaghetti Dinner!” There was a knock on the door. Papyrus comes in. “Speaking of Spaghetti Dinner, dinner is ready downstairs!” “Yes! Come on Sans!”

After eating Papyrus’ famous spaghetti, it soon became nighttime, and everyone was very close to sleeping. James was wondering where he was going to sleep. “Excuse me, Toriel. Where am I going to sleep?” “How about the bed you woke up in? Is that fine?” “Of course!” James says goodnight to everybody, and makes his way to his bed. He gets onto the bed and lays down. He stares up at the wall for a little while, but he soon falls asleep. After a while, he started to hear some weird sounds. He woke up, and the was dreaming again. He got out of bed and went out into the hallway. He saw that the entire world was the same place, but it was all on fire and in ruins. He looked around and saw dead monsters all around. He noticed Undyne was near death and went to her. “Undyne! What happened? Who did this?” “James….run.” Suddenly, a knife struck her head, and her blood got on his shirt. “AAAAH! OH MY GOD!” He looked up and saw a figure with glowing yellow eyes and had devil wings. The figure spoke with a distorted demonic voice. “Well, well, well. The half-breed. Nice to see you. Are you prepared to meet your fate?” The figure floated down to the ground. He pulled out a knife. “Careful, this is incredibly sharp.” Marcus ran away and ran to wherever he could go. From the real world, Sans was sleeping on the couch when he heard footsteps coming towards him. “Frisk? What is it?” “Sans, I think James is having a nightmare, and I think he’s….. I think he thinks it’s really happening to him.” “Oh, crud. We better wake him up. I heard from Alphys that dreams that seem real might be real. Let’s go!” They ran up to James’ room, where they saw him a whimpering mess. He was near screaming and whimpering. In the dream, Marcus ran away from the mystery killer and ran into the Nice Burgers and Fries. He went behind the counter and hid. He looked over and saw the figure walking past. He sighed and turned around and was frightened by Burgerpants. “Sh! He’ll find you!” “Burgerpants, what the heck happened? Why is this guy killing everyone? And what happened to the town?” “You don’t know? This guy came from the surface. He apparently killed a monster still on the surface and got down here. He had unimaginable power and he started to kill everyone. Undyne, Asgore, Nice Cream Guy, Chara, Asriel….” James didn’t say a word, just listened to the names he heard. “….Frisk.” When he heard those words, he started to cry. “No. Frisk. No. No. No. Frisk, No.” And these words were being heard from the real world. Frisk stayed by James while Sans went to get Toriel. “James, please wake up! Please! You are scaring me!” Back in the dream world, Burgerpants was looking out the window and James was watching him. When Burgerpants turned around, he got stabbed. He rose up, and the figure threw him off his blade, getting more blood on James’ face. “Oh my god! OH MY GOD!!!” The figure grabs James by the neck and slams him against the wall. “Well, it’s time for the end for you.” James tried to break the grip, but couldn’t. “Who are you?” The figure removed the mask and it revealed his face, James” face. “What?” “Well, it’s life. Get used to it. Also, WAKE UP, JAMES!!” James woke up and screamed in a second, sweating and panting super hard. He looked directly at Frisk, who was also crying. Sans came back upstairs. “Jesus kid. What the heck happened? You’ve been screaming and yelling and crying for at least twenty minutes. You scared the living crap out of all of us.” Frisk hugged James extremely tight. James hugged her back. “What happened, James? Something *sob* happened to you, and I got scared.” James tried to come up with words. “I don’t know. What happened was that I was here, I left the house, everybody was dead, and I hid in Burgerpants diner, then the figure killed him, and it was me. I don’t know what it means.” Toriel came into the room. “I think I know. You had the dream because you are in a place where you are not treated differently, but you believe when it happens, you will go on a rampage. But that will not happen, because you are special, but the good special.” James and Frisk smiled. “Thank you, Toriel.”

The next day, after the nightmare that affected James, everyone woke up to the smell of pie. James went to the living room, where the kids were watching tv. “Hey, do I smell pie?” Asriel looked at James. “Yeah. Mom is good at making butterscotch and cinnamon pie for breakfast, or anytime actually.” “Well, she is a good cook. Did she teach Papyrus how to cook?” “No, that was Undyne.” “Really? Wow. Hey, who was the scientist she was talking about?” Chara answered “Dr. Alphys. She was the scientist in Hot-Land. She’s a really nice person, and she makes a lot of different inventions that helped out everybody. If you want, we can get a ride to the Hot-Lands and go to her house. Well, house and laboratory.” Toriel walks out of the kitchen with pieces of pie. “Toriel, it smells delicious. I love pie!” Toriel smiles. “That’s nice. My pies are some of the greatest, at least in the household; it’s Muffet that makes the best sweets in the town. She just opened a new bakery in town. After breakfast, we can go there if you want.” “Maybe after we visit Alphys. Anyway, not to be rude, but let me have some pie, please!” Toriel laughs. “Certainly. Chara, where is Sans and Papyrus?” Chara shrugs. “They might be asleep. Sans was up half the night anyway.” James looks down in shame. Frisk sees and puts her arm around him, making him blush. “Hey, no need to be sorry. It was just because this was the first night in your new home. It takes some getting used to.” James smiles. Asriel goes to the stairs and yells up to the rooms. “SANS!!! PAPYRUS!!! BREAKFAST!!!” Papyrus runs down the stairs and trips at the bottom. Sans walks down the stairs and chuckles. “Nice slapstick, bro. Hey everyone, come over here and “Stair” at Papyrus’ act. It’s really going somewhere, like its riding “On the Rails!” Everyone laughed. Papyrus face went red, and he lifts his brother. “SAAANS! I AM NOT AMUSED!!! THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL NOT TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!” “Sorry, bro. What can I say? I’ll will stop for the “Papy-Rest” of the day.” Papyrus just dropped Sans and went back upstairs. He slammed his door. James shook his head. “Wow. He does not like jokes or puns.” “Yeah. For some reason, we never know exactly why.” Everyone goes back to eating their pie slices. After eating the pie, the kids go outside. “How are we going to get to the Hot-Lands?” Frisk gets a phone and dials a number. “Who are you calling?” “I’m calling Monster Kid. He can get us a ride there.” After a long conversation, a car pulls up to the house. The guy behind the wheel was Nice Cream Guy. “Hey, dudes! Heard you need to get to the Hot-Lands. Well, climb in! Plenty of room!” Everyone gets in the car and drives off to the Hot-Lands. They pass plenty of monsters and homes. But a ghost comes up behind James in the front. “Hello.” James screamed. “Who is that?!?!” “Oh, hey, Napstablook. What are you doing here?” Napstablook turned around. “Oh, I saw you guys traveling to the Hot-Lands and I figured I’d say hi. Hi, new person. Ok, bye.” Napstablook floats out the roof. “That…was a little strange.” Asriel sighs. “Yeah, that’s Napstablook for you. He’s a little strange, but he’s a softie.” They arrive at a giant building marked “Laboratory” Everyone thanks Nice Cream Guy for the ride, and they go to the front. James saw an intercom and pressed the button. “Uh..Hello? Alphys? This is James, and I have Frisk, Chara, and Asriel with me. We came to visit.” A voice came back through. “Oh! Uh…hello. Nice to see you. You’re the new kid in this place, right? Well, come on in.” The giant doors opened up. “This is going to be fun.”

When they went inside the lab, it looked very much like a normal room inside a house, with posters everywhere, a big tv, game systems, anime DVDs, anime posters, and many different shelves of Manga and anime action figures. “Wow. This looks like my friend Alan’s room back in my city.” The door inside opened and a monster in a lab coat walked in. “Hello, nice to see you. I’m Alphys, lead scientist in Hot-Land.” James saw the little monster walk towards them, and she was slightly smaller then James. “Hey, Alphys. I heard a lot of good things about you and your inventions.” Alphys giggled. “Well, i-if you want, I need some help with making a new invention in the lab. You guys want to help?” James looked behind him, and they were gone and running to the lab. “I guess that means yes. What do you need help with?” Alphys walked to the lab and James followed. “Well, it’s a secret to what it does. But when it’s complete, let’s just say it will be pretty surprising of what it will do.” Inside the lab, James was amazed by the entire laboratory filled with inventions and beakers of science liquids. He looked forward and saw the others looking into a testing room where the invention was going to be built. “Here we are, guys. The inventing room, where this piece of machinery is going to come alive, just like Chaotzu in Dragon Ball!” James looked confusingly at Alphys. “Oh, uh….I’m an Anime fan.” She blushes and walks inside to the machine parts. “Anime? I love it.” The others walk in and start to follow the instructions to build the machine. The followed the blueprints, and oiled up the parts, and getting extremely dirty in the process. After an hour, they were almost done. But suddenly, they heard a machine in another testing room started to smoke and an alarm went off. “Oh, no! My DNA Tester! It’s going kaput!” She ran into the room, and tried to get the fire out, but suddenly, there was a bunch of blue streaks of energy coming from it, and one was charging up to high power, aimed at Frisk. “Frisk, look out!” James ran and pulled Frisk toward her, the beam nearly missing her head, and the force pushed Frisk onto James, knocking him over onto the floor, and Frisk falling on top of him. They both stared at each other and blushed extremely red. “Oh…sorry. I-i didn’t mean too..” “No, no. it’s…fine.” Frisk got off James and he stood up. Alphys ran out of the lab. “Oh my god, I’m so, so, so, sorry! This usually never happens! I don’t know what happened.” “It’s fine. We usually expect this in a lab. Now, lets get back at it.” After a break, everyone went back to fixing the machine. After a half hour, it was complete. “Well, this is awesome, Alphys. But what does it do?” Alphys grinned and turned it on. The machine made multiple sounds, and at the end of a converter, it turned a toy into chocolate. Chara went completely crazy. “CHOCOLATE!!!” She ran to the chocolate toy and ate it. James watched her scarf it down. Frisk whispered to him. “She LOVES chocolate.” “oh.” Alphys and Asriel laugh so hard they almost choke on laughter. Chara looks at them laughing. “What? I’m fifteen years old! I love candy! Don’t judge me!” Everyone laughs even harder. Chara blushes and walks into the living room. Alphys pats the machine. “Yep. This thing can turn anything into chocolate. This is just in case we run out of food.” James was amazed. Asriel suddenly remembered. “Hey, and speaking of food, we’re supposed to go to Muffet’s new bakery!” James and Frisk gasped and ran out the lab. They grabbed Chara and ran out to Nice Cream Guy’s car. “Where to next, dudes?” “Muffet’s Bakery, and step on it!” “Right in, dudes!” Nice Cream Guy hits the gas and drives off. Alphys watches the car go off. Undyne comes out of the kitchen to the door. “Well, how do you like them, Alphys?” “Interesting. Most interesting.”

After a short drive, they arrived at the bakery. The kids got out and thanked Nice Cream Guy. “No problem, dudes. Come on by next time you’re hungry. Nice Cream Guy, out!” The car drove off and they waved goodbye. They were about to enter the bakery, when they saw a monster come out of the building. He was a guy who was made of fire, and was wearing a bartenders uniform. “Hey, Grillby! How you doing?” Grillby waves. “Hello Frisk, Asriel…..Chara.” Chara sticks her tongue out. “Grillby. How you doing, fire-face?” “Oh, just fine…you little sociopath.” “What was that, hot-stuff?” Grillby flinched. “Nothing. So, who’s the new kid?” “Oh, right. James, this is Grillby, owner and bartender of his own bar. Grillby, this is James, the half human half monster kid. He fell down the mountain yesterday, and now he lives here. We’ve been showing him around this place for a while.” Grillby was about to shake James’ hand, but stopped. “Heh. Sorry. forgot. Not everyone can handle my touch.” But James shook his hand anyway. “What?” “My dad was from Hot-Land, so fire is like the sun to me, no bother at all.” Grillby shrugs and waves goodbye to them. As he walks away, Chara shouts to him. “See you during the next party, Grillby!” James looks at them both with confused looks. “I’m sensing some hostility between the two of you.” Chara chuckles. “*sigh* Yeah, me and old hot-head have history. It happened when it was about a year ago, where I was a party animal when he through his annual party at his bar. I was pretty wild and almost destroyed his bar. He hasn’t forgiven me ever since. And I’m sure he never will.” James laughed. Asriel’s face went red in embarrassment. “Yeah, and I ended up having to drag you home after you destroyed…” “Nearly…destroyed.” “*sigh* …NEARLY destroyed the bar and you crashed from too much sugar. You should be lucky no one called the guard or Grillby didn’t ban you from that place.” “Yeah, yeah, yeah. Responsibility, blah, blah, blah. I get it. It won’t happen again. At least until the next party.” Frisk chuckled and intervened. “Hey! Are we going to reminisce, or going to get some baked goods?” They went inside the bakery, and it was all decorated with spider decorations and webs, and the front counter had a display of different cakes, pastries, and donuts. James couldn’t believe what he saw. He never saw so many different desserts and so many sweets in his life. He looked up to the counter, and was greeted with a lady with five eyes and six arms. “Welcome, darling. Nice to see someone new in my little shop, and especially someone so…handsome.” James blushed, but decided to be smug. “Well, I was called “one of a kind” where I came from.” Muffet and James talked for a little while, flattering each other. Frisk watched and got red. Asriel saw this and nudged her with a smug grin on his face. “Sis, are you getting…jealous?” “What ? No! I’m just….wishing they would stop so we can get some snacks. Is that so wrong?” Chara chuckled. “Well, no. Just make sure that your face doesn’t melt the pastries, because that face is red hot.” Frisk’s face glowed red even brighter. After a little more talking, Frisk got between them. “Hey, no offense, I love that you are making friends, but we really needed to get some sweets.” “Oh, right. Sorry. Yeah. Muffet, we’ll take two dozen of the spider donuts, please. And surprise us with what you put in.” Muffet puts a hand on James cheek. “Trust me darling. I am full of surprises.” Muffet walks into the back, and James starts to blush. Frisk gets even more angry. Chara and Asriel tried to hold in the laughs. Muffet comes back with two boxes. “Here you go. Two dozen spider donuts. Just 40g please.” Asriel pulls a sack of money out and gives the money to Muffet. Before they leave, Muffet grabs James with her left arms and gives him a peck on his cheek. “Come again. I’ll be waiting for your arrival.” James blushed and left. Frisk couldn’t believe what she saw. She pulled out her phone and called Papyrus to come and pick them up. Papyrus came in his red car and picked them up. After they arrived back home, Frisk ran up to her room. Everyone else went to the kitchen. “What’s wrong with her? Did something happen?” Chara and Asriel looked at each other. “Maybe we should tell you.”

After a long explanation, everyone else was completely surprised. “What? Jealous? I was just being like Muffet so she would see me as charming, not romantic. Oh man. I need to tell her. I mean, if we both have the same feeling, then I should tell her.” Asriel nods. “Hey, also, if you two do become a thing, you mess with her, I will hurt you worse than what happened to you up on the surface.” James backed up. “Heh. I’m kidding. But seriously, treat her right and give it to her slowly.” Chara gave a thumbs up. Sans salutes him. “Human, you have my gratitude. Good luck.” James nods and walks up the stairs. He makes his way to the room door, and gets ready to knock, but stops. He starts to freak out in his mind. “ARGH! What am I doing? She’s cute, but she would never go for someone like me. I mean, I can melt steel with my hands. Why would she fall for me? And besides, I may be human, but I’m half monster. My father is closest to the Devil than a normal monster. Ugh. But, then again, if she liked me during the whole time I was here, then it must not be that bad. OK, here goes.” He knocks on the door, and no one answers. “Frisk? Frisk, open the door.” “Go away.” “Frisk, come on. I’m sorry for what happened at the bakery. Can’t you let me in so I can explain?” After a long silence, she unlocks the door. James enters the room and see Frisk at the window. She looks out it. James sits next to her and looks out as well. After a silent moment, James spoke up. “*sigh* I’m sorry. You know I would never be like that, right?” Frisk nods. “Look, I just acted like that so I could get along with her. Sure, it was flattering she likes me, but I think she is a good friend. You’re the one who makes me feel….well, like I’m flying away.” Frisk looks at him and sighs. “But, what would people think of the both of us? You’re a half-breed, I’m a human. What would people think?” James shakes his head. “Screw what over people think. If we’re happy, then who cares what others say?” “Well, I care. The monsters have looked up to me for many years, ever since I tried to get them to the surface, and they appreciate my task for trying. But, I never got what they wanted. Sure, they’re happier down here then before, but still, what if I screw up, then they won’t look at me and see me as normal?” James puts his arm around her, and she starts to cry. “Look. I know that you think people won’t treat you the same, but look at what you’ve done. You have befriended every monster down here, and even though it didn’t fully succeed, you still made them happy they had a home at all, and besides, they won’t think different of you, and if they do, I’ll boil their blood from the inside.” Frisk laughs and dried her eyes. “You are such a goofball, you know that right?” James said nothing but gave her a kiss. Her face went blood red. They held it for a while, not noticing that they were being watched. Behind the door, Chara and Asriel watched their sibling. “Wow. Asriel, can you believe it? Asriel? Asriel?” She looked back at her brother on the ground. “Oh, Asriel. What am I going to do with you?” Downstairs, Sans was nodding. “Nice work, kid.” Papyrus laughed smuggle. “Nyeh heh heh! I knew it! I knew James would do it!” Toriel did nothing but smile. In Frisk’s room, they pulled away and smiled. Frisk blushed. “Well, I guess this means you and me are a thing?” “And I don’t care what the others think.”

After a night of crazy revealing, everyone calmed down the next morning. The next day, everyone woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. James went down to the kitchen and saw Sans cooking. “Sans? When did you usually cook? I never thought you were a cook.” Sans chuckled. “What? You think I’m just a comedian? I can cook really well, and you can be certain, that I “Ba-can” make us something delicious.” Jame laughed. “Oh, your puns never get old.” “Of course they can’t. I can’t age.” James laughed even harder. Frisk came down the stairs to the kitchen. “Morning, guys. What’s going on?” James looked at Sans and winked. “Oh, nothing. I just came in here because the heat makes me feel….” He pulled out some bread and toasts it. “…Toasty.” Frisk facepalms and Sans chuckles. “Not bad, kid. But it’s going to take a lot of practice for you to….” Sans pulls a ketchup bottle out. “…Ketch-up.” They both laugh and Frisk walks out of the kitchen. “Heh heh heh. Well kid, here you go. Breakfast for two. Share it well.” Sans gives him two plates. “Thanks, Sans.” James walks out to the living room and sits next to Frisk, giving her her plate. “Thanks. So, our first day as a thing. What a day we’re going to have.” Suddenly, the door broke down and a big robot was standing there. It was the robot with long arms and legs and pink boots. “Hello, Darlings! Mettaton is here!” Frisk and James jumped back behind the couch. Papyrus came into the room. “METTATON! No scaring the kids this early in the morning. We already had a crazy night.” “Oh, I know darling. I heard all about these two and their adorable new relationship.” James popped up. “What? You know? Who told you?” Chara laughed at the top of the stairs. “Of course. Chara, you secret squealer!” She shrugs and walks to the kitchen. “Oh, don’t be mad. She wanted to tell me, and you know that when my friend, especially this friend, gets together with a man like you, you know I have to give them the best first date ever. And it’s also teenage love, the best kind in my book.” James and Frisk both looked at each other, thinking the same thing. “Anyway, congrats darlings. Here are some brochures to places you can go to have a great time. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go back to the studio. My new show is being filmed today, and thank goodness it’s only once a week and it’s the only thing I’m doing. Mettaton is out, darlings! Have fun!” Mettaton jumps into his convertible and drives away. “Wow. What a diva.” Frisk nods and they both finish eating. After they wash up, they walk down the street sidewalk to see what was happening today. James pulled out the brochures Mettaton gave him. “MTT Resort, MTT Convo, and MTT Holiday Inn. Wow, he is such a sellout. Putting his name everywhere was his first mistake.” Frisk giggles. “Yeah, he is pretty in love with and full of himself, but he is pretty cool. Now, where should we go?” James looked all around the brochures. “Hm. Maybe the Resort? It says here they have an arcade and a pizza bar.” From behind, They heard someone running to them. It was Asriel. “Did I hear pizza bar? Can I come with you? Please?” James and Frisk laughed. “Sure. The more the merrier.” Asriel joins them and they walk to the resort. It was big with many different monsters around, kids were having fun and they heard pools and different sounds. They went inside and when they got to the front, Mettaton was there. “Oh, hello darlings! Welcome to MTT Resort! Have all kinds of fun! Arcade, swimming, video games, movie theatre, and comedy clubs! Everything a kid and adult wants, we have!” Asriel ran towards the pizza bar, and Frisk and James started to go to the arcade, but Mettaton reached for them and pulled them to him. “No offense, but your friend is going to third wheel you two, on the first date!” James was offered. “Now, come on. Asriel is not a third wheel, he is my friend, and we invited him together. He’s happy, and we don’t care.” They pulled Mettaton of them and went into the arcade. They saw many different kids there and so many games. They walked around trying to find a game to play, and they saw Monster Kid inside a virtual reality game and Napstablook was next to him. “Hey, Monster Kid! Napstablook! What’s up?” Napstablook turned around. “Oh. hey. What’s up? Congrats on becoming a couple. You two are great for each other.” “How did you figure it out?” “Mettaton told everyone.” James facepalmed. “Whatever. Anyway, what’s this game?“ Napstablook turned to it. “It’s a virtual reality game where you have to run away from zombies, and you get to collect different guns and weapons and shoot them. It’s call Into the Dead 2. The first one is over in the other corner. It’s pretty good, but Monster Kid and I can’t use the guns since we don’t have arms, but we love to use the running treadmill they have, like your actually running. But I can’t use it either. I just watch.” Monster Kid was running through some woods, but then he got caught and eaten in the game. “Darn it! That was almost my high score! And I’m out of quarters! Hey, someone get this helmet off me.” Frisk grabbed the helmet and pulled it off. “Oh, hi Frisk! I have to go, but congrats on the relationship!” Monster Kid runs off. Napstablook said “Well, this is getting pretty interesting. Want to try to beat his high score?” James put on the helmet. “Let’s get Virtual!”

After playing the game for half an hour and getting a headache, they decided to get some lunch. When they got to the pizza bar, they saw Asriel was sitting at a table, waving to them. “Hey guys! I saved you a couples seats next to me!” They walked to the table and Frisk sat next to Asriel and James sat next to her. “Have you eaten yet, Asriel? You came here immediately.” “No, I wanted to wait for you. Besides, the comedy and jokes here are awesome. Watch, someones about to come on.” They watched the stage light up and there was a deer creature on the stage. “Hey, what’s the deal people from Hot-Land? I went there to see if there were any nice looking guys there, and there wasn’t a lot of people there, just lava. Why is it called Hot-Land then?” James decided to heckle. “It’s called Hot-Land because the people are hotter than you!” Everyone laughed at the comeback. “Hot-Land’s Style Burn, baby!” Everyone laughed harder and the woman walks off the stage. “HA! Hilarious! Hey, why don’t you go up there? You must have plenty of jokes!” James chuckles and walks up to the stage. He grabs the microphone and clears his throat. “Ok, so I’ve heard a lot about this place. And it’s people living here. So I’m a roaster.” Everybody oohs for the jokes that might come. “So have you guys heard of Undyne? The famous warrior and captain of the guard? Well, let me tell you, I would not put her in charge. Why? She’s a fish. Might as well put a scuba outfit on her and send her to the lake, cause otherwise, she’s always like….” James imitates a fish out of water, and everyone laughs. “Ok, next I want to talk about the..” He gets interrupted when he sees more pizza being brought. “That’s all folks! I gotta run!” He runs to the line, where ehe gets his multiple slices of pizza. When he got back to his table, Asriel and Frisk already had theirs. Then, people started going nuts. They saw Sans was on stage. “Hey, guys. It’s great to be back at the MTT Resort and in this comedy club.  Cause no one else would give it a home.” Everyone laughed. “Heh heh heh. Anyway, when I first came there, I was visited by a fan who was a woman. She was beautiful, and she and I still are together today. I guess you could say when she was here at MTT Resort, I “Mett” a nice girl.” Everyone laughed. Frisk and Asriel both blushed with embarrassment. James nudged them. “Come on. It’s a complement.” Sans laughed at his own joke. “Heh heh heh. Anyway, my brother, Papyrus, he loves spaghetti. When he was cooking it one day, I went into the kitchen, and he doesn’t like my puns, is I convinced him I was done with puns. When he said “Really?” I said yep, it’s all in the “Past-a.” Everybody went bonkers, laughing so hard, many of them wheezed and one guy fell out of his seat. “Heh heh heh. Thank you, good afternoon!” Sans walks off the stage and leaves the comedy club area. Asriel, Frisk, and James laugh and shake their heads at their friend. They finish up and leave. Mettaton goes up to them and gets them all in a bear hug. “So happy you all had such fun! Hope to see you again!” He lets them down and takes the elevator. “Wow. That was…. Interesting, to say the least.” Asriel wipes the tears from his eyes from laughing too hard. They walked back to the house.

The three friends returned from the resort and returned home to their friends. When they got to the front door, they heard yelling in the house. When they opened the door, they saw Chara and Sans playing video games in the living room. Chara was getting extremely red in the face and Sans was completely calm, showing the immediate fact Chara is losing. “Come on! Come on! Come on! NO! Gosh darn it! I was the champion!!! Nooooo!” Sans chuckles. “Heh heh heh. Well, kid, you have my condolences. And besides, this fighting and anger is way beyond the “Call of Duty.” Chara growls and walks up the stairs and slams the door. “Hey, guys. What’s up? How was the date?” James and Frisk go red. “It was not a date. It’s a celebration. Besides, we had Asriel with us. We had a lot of fun.” Sans gets up and grabs a bottle of soda. “Well, you have my condolences for next time. BTW, Papyrus wants to talk to the both of you. Says he and Undyne are going on a “Great” adventure in the wilderness and figured you would want to come with.” Frisk and James looked at each other and grinned. “Adventure? Count us in.” Papyrus runs out of the kitchen and gets excited. “Yes! Humans, I am ecstatic that you are interested in the amazing adventure me and Undyne are commencing. Now, let’s make our way to the meeting place and let the adventure begin!” Papyrus goes outside with the two and get in his car, and they drive out to the woods area. “Ok, well, here we are. The woods. This is where Undyne said we should meet for the adventure. But where is she?” Suddenly, Undyne lands on the car from the trees, frightening Papyrus. “AAAAH! My Car!!! It’s ruined!” “Sorry Paps. But we don’t need cars where we’re going.” Frisk asked “Where are we going? All we know it was a great adventure, but we don’t even know what it is.” Undyne chuckles. “Well, I’ll tell you. Today, I heard from my guards Lesser Dog and Greater Dog that somewhere in these woods, there are dangerous animals that are going to make their way to the city if we don’t stop them. So here, some weapons from my armory. I never used them since I got these awesome spears, so here you go.” She hands a knife to Frisk, and gives a sword and bow and arrows to James. Frisk felt down holding the knife. “I never killed anything before. I never killed down here. And I won’t.” James saw her do this and felt weird seeing this. “Well, this is different. All of the monsters you didn’t kill were friendly and misunderstood. These are actual monsters that kill. It’s not murder, it’s defense.” Frisked smiled. “Yeah. I guess your right. Ok, lets do this.” Undyne gives a thumbs up and grabs and drags Papyrus into the woods away from his car. “No! My car! I can’t leave my car!” They go into the woods and start to set up a camp and base. They set up cameras and a place inside a giant tent where the monsters were. They cleaned and sharpened their weapons to take down the animals. After everything was set up, Undyne pulled out a map of the entire area. It shows Hot-Lands, Snowdin, and the other places in the world, including Temmie Village. “Ok, so we are here, on the edge of the open area of the forest. The last siting of the animals was somewhere around here, on the other side of the open area, past this lake. We need to go there and see if they are still there. But we can’t leave this place.” James looked around and came up with a plan. “Undyne, you and I will track down the animals. Papyrus and Frisk, you guys stay here and protect this place, and look at the monitors and see if they come near them at all. If you see something strange, radio us.” Undyne chuckles. “Not a bad plan, kid. All right, let’s do this.” But before they could start, Papyrus pointed something out. “Oh, right, I forgot about something. I asked someone else to come along with us. Come on out.” Chara jumps through the tent opening holding her classic knife. Frisk freaked out. “Are you serious? Papyrus, you realize that Chara shouldn’t be holding knives?” Chara rolled her eyes. “Please. I may have caused genocide, but that was years ago, and besides, I’m fine, sis. Trust me.” “I know, Chara, but I’m just worried.” “Sis, I know you are, but I’m fine. You can trust me.” “Alright, enough family stuff, we need to start.”

“Alright, Chara, James, you punks are with me. Frisk, you watch the cameras, and Papyrus, you stay here to protect her.” “I am on it, Undyne! You can count on The Great Papyrus!” The team separates into their separate teams and spread out to find the animals. Frisk stayed and watched the cameras with Papyrus, while Undyne, James, and Chara go out into the area and try to find the animals. The three sneaked across the area to a cave area. The cave entrance was big and open. Undyne checked the map, and saw that the cave was right next to the spot where her guards saw the animals. “Ok, this place is close enough to where they are, so they might be in here.” James pulled out his sword and prepared for a fight. He grabbed his walkie talkie and called Frisk. “Frisk, you guys see anything on the cameras?” Frisk looked at the cameras and found something weird. “On camera 5, near the lake, I’m seeing something…. I have never seen before. What do they look like, Undyne?” “They said it was blue, with red spikes on it’s back, and red teeth.” “Uh…yep, there is one of those near the east of the lake.” Undyne chuckled. “Nowhere to run. Ok, kids, you stay here and look in here, I’ll go after that one.” The two nod and set up on top of a rock near the entrance. Chara sets down her weapons and puts her feet up on another rock. James pulls out his bow and arrows and keeps watch. Chara pulls out some gum and chews it. Undyne heads for the lake and sneaks up on the creature who was drinking. She pulled out her spear and prepared for the attack. “Got you now, you little…” She threw her spear at the animal, who ran away. “Darn it! Come back here you little…” She ran after it, and she saw two even larger versions of it in front of here. “Uh..hi. I’m going to go.” The animals roared and chased the warrior. She ran away and called the team. “James, Chara, I need some help! I’m being chased by these monsters and I’m going to get caught! Get here quick!” James grabbed his weapons and started to run, but Chara was sleeping on her butt. “Come on, Chara!!” Chara fell over and grabbed her knife. “Let’s go!!!” They ran to the lake, where they saw Undyne running from the monsters. James pulled a bow, and shot an arrow at the small one, killing it instantly. Undyne jumped onto a large rock and distracted the bigger monsters. Chara climbed up the back of one of them and stabbed it in the head, sending it on a rampage and running and screeching. Chara held on tight to the monster, hoping not to fall off. James pulled out his walkie talkie. “Papyrus, Frisk, get here now! We need help!” Frisk and Papyrus ran out of the base camp and made their way to the commotion. When they got there, the three are holding the giant monsters back. Frisk whimpered and backed behind Papyrus. “Never fear, Frisk! I will protect you! You! Monsters!” One of the giants slowly walked to Papyrus. “You are not welcome here! Begone!” The monster whipped his tail and launches Papyrus. “I’m okaaaaay!” He screams as he lands in the lake. Frisk back up in fear, and the monster walked closer to her, growling. James looked over and saw her, and ran to her. “Hold on! Back off, freak!” James’ eyes glowed orange and he breathed fire on his sword. He slashed at the monster, setting it on fire. The monster screeched and ran around on fire. James laughed as the monster ran around on fire. Undyne threw a spear at it and it fell to the ground and disintegrated into dust. Undyne fist pumped and grabbed her spear. But from behind, they saw Chara in trouble. “Guys! Little help?” The monster was about her size, but still big. It charged at her and threw her over a rock, and jumped on her and thumped on her hip, sinking it’s teeth into her. She screamed and wailed in pain. “Chara! No!” Frisk ran at the monster and stabbed it in the back, making it screech and let go. Then, she kicked it over and stabbed it repeatedly. It disintegrated into dust, and she wiped her head. Chara held her side as blood flowed from the teeth marks, making a puddle. Undyne went to her and picked her up. “Dang it! She’s losing blood fast! We gotta get her out of here!” James stopped them. “There’s no time! We’ll never get to the doctors in time! We have to do it here. Papyrus, get me the first aid kit, Frisk, bandages, Undyne, get some needles. Now!” Everyone got everything they needed, and sent Chara on the table, who was moaning and crying in pain. “Ok, now, I need to seal these wounds.” James created flames and heated up a fire poker. He held it over the flames until it glowed orange. Chara looked away and held Frisks hand. “Ok, this is going to hurt. Just try to hold in the pain.” He put the fire poker against one of the teeth marks, and it burned. Chara screamed in pain. He took it off, and it was covered up. He did the same thing to the other wounds, until all of the teeth marks were cauterized. He took the needle and put in some healing liquid and pricked her sides and injected it. Then he covered up the wounds with bandages. Chara fell asleep after she got healed up. “Ok. She’s going to be fine. A little rest will help, but she’s going to be just fine.” Undyne picks up Chara and carries her to the car. Papyrus gets in and starts it. Frisk sits in the back and lets Chara rest her head on her lap. James felt really bad. “Frisk, I’m so sorry.” “No. It’s not your fault. It’s no ones, really. It was just something dangerous. It’s no ones fault.” Chara woke up. “Naw, it’s my fault. I tripped and fell. Dropped my knife.” Frisk gave an unsatisfied look at her. “Ok, I got scared and couldn’t hold the knife anymore. Sue me.” Everyone laughed. “Also, no offense, but can we hurry to a hospital? I’m in pain.”

After taking Chara to the hospital and getting their mother to come, Asriel, Frisk, and James stayed with Chara for the entire night, and into the day, they stayed all day. After a few days, the three went to visit again. Chara was sitting on the bed playing on her DS. “Hey, Chara! How’s it going?” Chara didn’t pay attention, but kept playing her game. “I think she’s doing just fine. Just like her old self. Ignoring us for her games.” Chara rolls her eyes and keeps playing. Frisk laughs. “Yeah, she’s definitely back to normal. Well, let’s do something fun.” Asriel said “Not much to do at a hospital.” Chara puts down the DS. “I am allowed to leave during the day to have fun, but they recommend not doing something so rowdy. Maybe the arcade?” The three smiled and looked at each other. “Perfect. They also have a good food stand. I also heard they are having some awesome boneless fried chicken.” They all left the hospital, and Frisk couldn’t stop looking at Chara’s bandages on her hip and body. James held her close. “Don’t be worried. She is going to be just fine. She’ll be better in time. It’s no ones fault.” She nods and they arrive at the arcade. They walk inside, and they see Muffet there. “Muffet?” She turned around and freaked out. “Oh! Uh..hello, darlings. What are you doing here?” They all smirked. “The better question is…what are YOU doing here?” “Well….uh…I….uh….oh, ok. I’m a gamer. Secretly. I love video games, but people all think I am a spider of high caliber. If the other monsters saw me doing….this, then they would think I am not as fancy as they think I am.” “Well, exposed now. Might as well let others see.” “Gee, for a charmer, you’re acting a little rude.” “Oh, I’m SORRY, your majesty.” James did a very corny kneel, and the others laughed. Muffet chuckled and walked out of the arcade. Just when she did, other kids came into the room, Alphys among them. “Hey, Alphys. Come to play some more of the new games?” “Oh, you know it. I heard they got new anime video games here to play. I never pass up those.” They started playing the newest games first, some of them being shooters and fighting games, but then they got to classics like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. Chara and James faced off first. “Chara, pick your character.” Chara picked Mileena. “I will eat your body, then your soul! That’s what she will do.” James picked Lui Kang. “I will bicycle kick you to extinction!” They both stared each other down and they started the match. After what seemed like an hour, at the end, Chara was defeated. Chara ran around the area completely angry. James laughed so hard he fell down. Everyone laughed. Chara stopped and lightly chuckled, but eventually laughed too. After they all stopped, they left to go back to the hospital. The four went back to Chara’s room, where they stayed for the day, until a doctor came into the room. “Well, it’s time to get rid of those stitches. After that, it’s time to go home.” Chara cheered and jumped, but instantly regrets it, since she still felt the pain. They all laughed though, and Chara went to get the stitches out. After a half hour passed, she left the hospital with no bandages. “Well, that was fun. Now, what else can we do to get injured?” Frisk flicked her head. “We are not doing something like that again. I am not going to lose you to a giant monster.” They all chuckle and leave for the house.

On the surface, it has been two weeks since James disappearance, and all of the adults formed a meeting to find him. The Mayor, Blake Sheen, spoke out in the meeting. “Order! Order! Now, we are here to discuss the issue. The disappearance of James Jr. Now, everyone here is going to have to work together to find this child, monster or not. We all know what happened 15 years ago when the humans put the monsters down Mt. Ebott. It was the biggest mistake we made, and we all promised to be better towards monsters. But the rest of the world; they don’t think it’s right.” James parents sat up. “This is because of the children. We all know the children make fun of our son, and that’s the reason why.” All of the adults felt guilty, but they all agreed. One parent stood up and said “My son, Gary, he makes fun of James almost every day, and when I tell him that is not the way we treat others, he laughed at me. He said monsters are an abomination. All of the kids think so.” Everyone nods and agrees. “Then it is settled. We will form a search party, and the kids will be doing it. If they refuse, we will take away their vacations. That ought to get them to search. Then they will apologize to him when we find James, and then we punish them anyway for being mean to him. Who’s with me?” Everyone cheered. After the meeting ended, they gather all of the children at the school. The parents stood behind the mayor, all of them angry, and all of the students were afraid, except for Joshua, who was with the parents. “You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Because of you and your anger against James, he has been missing for two weeks. Now, you will go and find him.” “Get bent, old man. We ain’t doing crap for a freak! Especially a monster like James!!!” All of the kids cheered. The parents got even madder. “We taught you to respect monsters, and yes, we may have been at war with them, but we are not monsters! You will help find James, or no more vacations! School everyday. Everyone will have no fun at all!” The kids gasped. They all looked at each other, and some kids walked down. “Ok, we may have been very mean to him. Ok, we’ll help, and we’ll apologize. Not!” The kids laughed. The adults walked out of the room. “Well, they made their decision. And we’ll make ours. It’s time to form a group to find James. But where can we look?” Suddenly, a kid came out of the gym. It was Joshua, the only kid who knowns where he is. “Um, two weeks ago, he told me he one to Mount. Ebott.” James’ parents kneeled to him. “Why didn’t you tell us?” “I made a promise. I never break promises, but this time, I had to.” The mayor pulled out a handheld radio. “Sergeant? Get your men to Mount. Ebott. That’s where he is!” After an hour, the townspeople drove to Mount. Ebott and climbed up the trail. They made it to the top, where the two people who chased James were still there. “Hey! Who are you two? What are you doing here? This is where a child went missing.” “Yeah. Someone hired us to find the kid, but he fell down the hole.” “WHAT!?!?” The two picked up a ripped part of his coat and his backpack. Everyone looked down. “He…he killed himself…because the world….never appreciated him.” They all left the Mountain, and they left to go back to their homes. The kids all looked on at the adults and realized what they did. “We…killed him. Oh my god. He wan’t normal, but he didn’t have to do that. Maybe we were wrong about monsters.” The kids all looked at themselves, and saw themselves as monsters. They killed a kid. That’s they they could think. Joshua went up the Mountain, where he looked down and saw a note that flew up in a paper airplane. It read “Thanks for not saying I left to live here. I know it’s cruel for everyone, but maybe it will be better this way. Be safe, James. P.S. please keep this a secret, but I found a girlfriend down here! She’s human! It’s so awesome!” Joshua chuckled. “Heh. Lucky.”

After the kids leave back to the house, they all decided to take it easy for the day. They went to the kids room and relaxed. They all decided to play video games. After an hour, the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it. You guys keep playing.” James went to answer the door. When he got there, It was Asgore. “Well, hello there. I heard a lot about you. Saving my daughter’s life. I name to thank you, and to visit.” Toriel came from out of the kitchen, and when she saw Asgore, her face went neutral. “Hello, Asgore.” “Hello, Toriel. How’ve you been?” “Just fine. How are things with you at the castle?” “Fine. I met someone new. She’s nice. How are thing with you and Sans?” “Nice, thank you. I assume you came here for a visit?” “Yes, as a friend of the family.” Toriel smiled. It had been a while since he admits he was not with her anymore, but he never says it. “Well, the kids are in their rooms. Chara is doing just fine. We have James to thank for saving her life.” “Aw, it was nothing personal. Just did what was right. I do feel bad, but at least she’s ok.” Asgore chuckled and ruffled James’ hair. “Nice to see someone like you here to protect my citizens, and my friends and children.” Asgore went upstairs to the kids room, and James sat down on the couch with Sans, and flipped through the channels. But then, he got to the news, and saw something that caught his eye. “We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you some shocking news. A human on the surface has asked the citizens of the city and their leading monsters to please come to the surface, where he has said he means to say that the humans are going to apologize. He go live to ace reporter, Mettaton. Mettaton?” The camera cuts to another camera near the flower patch and the hole where James first fell. “Mathew, I’m standing here with the hole to the surface above me, where we received this video message that was flow down here by a drone. This video will explain what is going on.” The video cuts to Joshua on the camera. “Joshua?” “You know that kid?” asked Sans. “Hello, monsters of Mount. Ebott. My name is Joshua Banks, and I do not appreciate what the humans did to you, and I give you this message on the grounds of this. The humans in my town have been working hard to bring back a boy, James. He is a Half-Human Half-Monster that is….hopefully, living with you. I know he probably doesn’t want to come back to the surface, but I just needed to let you know that….the humans in my town feel sorry for what they did, and they were the only town I know that still liked monsters, but the kids, not so much. So, if he doesn’t want to come back, that is fine with me, but I should let you know that…we still like monsters. Think on that.” The video stops and cuts back to Mettaton. “We have no idea if he is telling the truth, but one thing is for sure. The humans say they are not angry with us anymore, but is that true? Back to you, Mathew.” James sat there with extreme surprise. In his mind, it was swimming with questions. “What? They want me to come back? Pfft, yeah right. If they actually cared about me, they would have tried to find me weeks ago.” But on the news, something else happens. “What is that? Monty, get the shot. We have more news. It turns out the drone that left the message is coming down. With what appears to be a screen.” The drone flies down to the camera, and screen flashes Joshua again. It was a live feed. “Um, hi. I know this is unorthodox, but, I figured James would have doubts, but it’s true. Look at this.” The video shows the footage of the meeting with the adults. James couldn’t believe it. “They do want me back.” James ran outside and ran to the same place. When he got there, the drone was still there. “Joshua! They really want me back?” “Of course man. You know it was the kids, not the adults, right?” “Oh, I thought it was everyone.” “Well, that’s not important, come on, let’s go.” But James didn’t go. James saw his friends and Frisk’s family come up the hill behind him. “I’m sorry. I can’t leave them. They’re my family now.” “No, you don’t understand! The people want the monsters to come up too.” “What!?!?” After a long explanation, the word got out to the entire world, to all of the areas. James and his friends followed the drone up the trail to the top.

The author's comments:

Book 2 coming soon hopefully before summer break!

After the long trek up, James had to cover his eyes, since ehe hasn’t seen his sun in a long time, but when he gets there, he immediately recognizes the place. He looked out while his friends brought it all in. “Oh, I-i f-forgot how much it looked so b-beautiful.” “Yeah, it is totally awesome! More punks to practice with!” “Now, now, Darlings. We need to do something nice for them. Maybe I can make some donuts.” “Well, Muffet Darling, maybe make some with THIER recipe. Not everyone likes spider foods. Maybe I can put on a fabulous show for them.” “Nyeh heh heh! I can make them some of my famous spaghetti. No one can resist the cooking of The Great Papyrus!” “Maybe I can tell some jokes, like this one. What did the monsters say when they saw horses? “Hey, can we “Mount” those ones?” Everyone laughs, except Papyrus. “So many more games to play! I can get them all. And more chocolate.” “Oh, please, Chara. What we need to see is all of the great sites. And their pizzas.” “Ha! You kids and your different ways to find fun. But what we need to do is find the leader of the town.” “For once, I agree. But, where can we find the leader?” Frisk looked out at the sunset, and cried. “This is so beautiful. James, I can’t believe it. You did it. You helped us all.” “I didn’t do it alone. I had you guys to help me.” He kissed her, and she blushed red and laughed. They all noticed a black car drive up to the bottom of the mountain trail. They walked down to the car, and the mayor was there. “Well, hello there. Welcome back James.” “It is nice to be back.” “Yes, and welcome back to the surface. From the bottom of my heart, when I was a boy, I never wanted the war to happen, and from the bottom of my heart, I am so, so, sorry.” Asgore came forward and shook his hand. “We really are in debt to your people.” “Not exactly. We have been trying, for years, to get the entire United States, and hopefully the world, to accept you, and we’ve been doing just fine. We already got the states surrounding us to join us, and they like monsters again, so your entire world can get out to the other states, not being cramped here.” Everyone cheered. Another car pulled up, and James couldn’t believe it. He saw his parents again. He ran to them with tears in his eyes, he ran to them, and they all hugged. “Oh my goodness, I cannot believe your back! Your back! My baby boy is back!” Frisk walked up to them. “Oh, right. Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend, Frisk. Frisk, this is my mom and dad, Angie and Roy.” Frisk shook his mother’s hand, but not his father’s, since his hand was hot like fire. They all introduced each other, and the rest of the monsters came down the mountain trail. After getting everyone in town acquainted with the monsters, they formed a speech meeting in the town hall. Asgore and the Mayor stood at the podium. The monsters and humans sat together to hear the speech. “We are gathered here today to celebrate history for this state, the states surrounding, and possibly the world. The monsters that we have sent down the mountain known as Ebott 15 years ago, it was the biggest mistake we ever made in the world. But now, we make history, by remaking the alliance with the monsters. People though the monsters were monsters, but they are no different then us. And we accept all monsters not just because we are afraid, but because we know they are not bad, and they are our friends. So, today, I, Mayor Wilkins, and King Asgore, will be signing this contract that we will send to the government, stating that the monsters will be under protection of the people of Madison, the cities surrounding, and the states surrounding. Today, Monsters and Humans, will live in peace, again!” The entire room cheered. Frisk and his siblings left the hall with James, and they went to the top of a hill with a giant oak tree. They looked out at the sunset and watched the sun set. Frisk sits in James lap who sits leaning on the tree and the others sit in the tree. “Well, this was pretty amazing what happened. So….what now?”

The End of Book 1 of 2

Epilogue
Back in the underground city, in the graveyard of the monsters, a thing in a cloak looked down at the graves of the monsters that were slain by the humans in the war between them. The figure was wearing soldier armor underneath the cloak, and eyes glowed yellow, and he held a knife. He looked over the the last remaining monsters leaving, and his eyes glowed even brighter. “Humans…must….die!” He grew wings and flew off to the Hotlands.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on May. 1 2018 at 8:13 am
TheMajorLeagueStoryWriter, Huntington, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You have my Sword." Aragorn- the fellowship of the ring

also, i may have accidentally called James "Marcus" XD, i messed up so bad!

on Apr. 30 2018 at 7:45 am
TheMajorLeagueStoryWriter, Huntington, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You have my Sword." Aragorn- the fellowship of the ring

sorry, some spelling errors. it happens to everyone.