Trafalgar Law x OC | Teen Ink

Trafalgar Law x OC

By luffyspiratequeen SILVER, Harrisonville, Pennsylvania
luffyspiratequeen SILVER, Harrisonville, Pennsylvania

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Author's note:

Inspired by my love for Trafalgar Law, my love for One Piece, and my dreams.

“Will you join my crew, Zoe?”

“Eustass Kid. Why would you want me to join your crew?”

“There's just something special about you.”

“Is that so…?”

He nodded. “So, is that a yes?”

I took a minute and thought about it. Should I join the Kid pirates?

I nodded with a huge smile on my face. “Yes, Captain.”

Five minutes later, I found myself in my new room, on Eustass Kid’s ship, as part of his crew. I was then introduced to everyone and we had a party. They celebrated, happy to have a new member. The tables were filled with all kinds of foods. It all looked amazing. There were so many different kinds of alcohol and there wasn't one person who didn't have a drink in there hands. Everyone was dancing and laughing. There was even an eating contest going on. I've never been surrounded by so many happy people. As I ate, people in the crew walked over and talked to me, welcoming me to the crew and hoping that I enjoyed tonight.

After almost everyone passed out from drinking, I went to my room and slept.

When I woke up, I went to the dining hall to eat breakfast. Everyone greeted me, either with happy smiles or grumpy waves. Jeez, more than half of this crew are definitely not morning people. Even after last night's feast I was starving, so I filled my plate up as high as I could get it.

When I was done, I left the dining hall and decided to go to the deck. Once I was up there, I realized I was alone. I walked towards the edge of the railing and watched the ocean. It was beautiful. I've always loved the sea and the salty breeze that always comes with it.

Suddenly, I felt my energy draining.

"What...?"

I looked down to find my wrist cuffed with sea prism stone. I turned around only to see a group of men. They were part of the crew.

"What are you guys doing?! Uncuff me!"

"Haha, sorry Zoe, captain's orders."

"You don't sound sorry to me."

"You're right, we're not."

I couldn't move with the sea prism cuffs, so they picked me up, and carried me to my room, laughing the whole time.

‘Why did it have to be sea prism stone? If they had used regular cuffs, I would have frozen them with the power I gained from eating the Freeze-Freeze fruit.’ I cursed at myself for being weak to a stone.

Once we reached my room, they threw me on the bed and left. I felt weak and betrayed. I had only known them for a little, but I had trusted them.

Moments later the captain, my captain, Eustass Kid walked in. He slowly walked over to me with an evil smirk on his face.

"Why?! Why did you do this!? I trusted you!!!"

"Simple, my crew and I needed a new play thing. Don't worry, I don't bite."

He trailed his finger down my leg and I flinched away. I picked the wrong day to wear shorts. His smirk only grew, as he reached towards me again. I backed up and hit the headboard screaming, "Don't touch me!!"

He only laughed and continued. He grabbed my wrist and unlocked in, only to re-cuff it to the headboard. He did the same with my other wrist, before trailing his fingers down my arm to my shoulder.

From there he took a knife out of his pocket and cut my shirt off.

"Someone, help me!!"

I was met with a slap to the face. I was not going to give up because of a tiny slap. He kept removing my clothes and I screamed again. This time, instead of a slap, I was rewarded with a punch to the stomach. I kept screaming over and over again, until he punched me directly in the face and I lost consciousness.

When I woke up, he was still there. I was still cuffed to the bed and I couldn't move. I couldn't even talk, much less scream. If he tried anything, there was no way I could stop it.

"Ah, so, you're awake. Shall we continue where we left off?" With no strength left, I had no choice but to silently cry and let him do what he wanted.

It was brutal. He left no part of my body untouched. My arms and legs were covered in bruises and I had several cuts that were leaking blood. It seemed like it would never stop but, eventually, I passed out.

When I woke up the next morning, I was alone. My cuts had all dried up n every part of my body was throbbing in pain. I couldn't do anything but cry.

I had no idea how long it was before a guy came in. I tried asking for help, only for nothing to come out. He didn’t say a word to me. He walked over to the bed and began to beat me. It was worse than before. All he did was punch me.

When he decided he had enough, he clasped his hands around my neck and cut off my air supply. I struggled against his hands, but there was no use. He did not let go until dark spots clouded my vision. Before it ended, I saw a smirk on his face and I heard a dark chuckle echo in the room.

Hours later, another guy came in. He did what he wanted and left.

It went on all day.

Then, all year.

Exactly a year ago today, I "joined" the Kid Pirates. I'm not a member, I'm just a toy that is waiting to be thrown away. At this point, it would be better.

This morning, I was woken up by five guys walking into my room. They all had their hands behind their backs, hiding something. Slowly, they all reveal what they're hiding.

Plates of food????

What?

Suddenly, one of them spoke up. "Zoe, we are throwing a party to celebrate your first year as a Kid Pirate. Eat up, you'll need it." They set the plates down on a table and walked over to the bed. They released one of my wrists so I could eat and then they walked out.

I didn't think twice before grabbing a plate and eating. I ate all of the food and fell asleep after I was done. Eating makes me tired.

Later, I was woken up by a guy entering. He wasted no time, doing what he wanted. As soon as he left, another guy walked in. When he left, another came in. They weren't giving me breaks like usual. They didn't stop coming.

Finally I realized, this party wasn't for me. It was for them... to have fun... with me. It was non-stop. All day.

Around noon, I knew that I was not going to survive this night. I had blood pouring out of multiple wounds all over my body. I knew I had a couple of broken bones. I could feel my body failing.

Once everyone had their turn with me, and I mean everyone, the handcuffs were taken off and I was thrown off the ship. Luckily, we were docked at an island and I landed on the beach. Though, it wouldn't have made a difference if we were in the middle of the ocean. They would've thrown me off into the ocean for me to drown. But, I can't help but feel that it would be better that way.

It was dark out and pouring rain. What was left of my clothes, were soaked immediately. I contemplated just laying there to die, but ultimately decided against it. So, I slowly got onto my knees and then stood up.

I managed to stumble to the nearby town and wander down an alley, my breathing ragged and uncontrolled, before I collapsed on the ground.

I gave up.

I wasn't going to live.

I laid still on the ground, in the rain, waiting to die. I hope wherever I go, is better than this place.

As I was closing my eyes, allowing myself to be engulfed in the darkness, to go into a deep sleep, never waking up, I heard footsteps. They grew closer and closer. The person stopped in front of me and bent down to look at me. I opened my eyes just enough to see the person in front of me.

It was a guy.

Once he realized that I was alive, he picked me up. I went limp in his arms, quiet mumbles escaping my lips.

"Tra...fal...gar...Law."

Time Skip

Everything was pitch black. I couldn't see anything.

Is this the afterlife? Did I finally die? Is it finally over?

"Are you awake?"

So, I'm not dead after all.

I realized that my eyes were closed, however, I couldn't open them. I tried moving, but could only manage to slightly move my arm.

"Captain, she's awake!!!"

Captain?

Everything came back in a flash.

Trafalgar Law, captain of the Heart Pirates, the Surgeon of Death, saved me.

Why? Why would someone like him, save me? I wasn't worth it. He should've just let me die.

I heard someone walk into the room and I knew it was him. I heard the other guy walk out, the heavy door closing behind him.

We were alone. I tried moving again.

"Don't move," he demanded.

I tried speaking, the only thing coming out being strangled sounds.

"Don't talk either."

I could tell that he was studying my condition. I started panicking, for no reason, my breathing becoming irregular. Suddenly, a cold cloth was placed on my head and I immediately relaxed. "Calm down. You're fine. You need more rest. Go to sleep."

Jeesh, demanding much?

He walked out, leaving me alone and I had no choice but to listen.

Besides, I really was exhausted.

Time Skip

I woke up to someone gently shaking me. I groaned in pain before opening my eyes. That was a good sign.

I sat up slowly, testing my movement. I looked down at myself. I was covered in bandages and my left arm was in a cast. Once I was done accessing myself like I was a doctor, I looked up to see Law.

Woah.

I mean, I've seen pictures of him before, but... they don't do him justice. I've seen my fair share of good looking guys, but, Law was hot. I've never seen anyone who looked like him.

I looked at Law and realized he was watching me intently.

Great, way to be a creeper, Zoe.

He must've noticed that I'd stopped staring, because he finally started talking.

"How are you feeling?"

"I...don't...feel anything."

"Good, I've given you strong painkillers."

I nodded, looking down again. This is so awkward. What do you say to an infamous pirate who saved you, even though you didn't want to be saved?

"What's your name?"

"Zoe."

"Any last name, Zoe-ya?"

"Roronoa."

Law's hand unconsciously went up to his chin as he thought. "Where have I heard that name before?" He said it mostly to himself, but I answered.

"Um, it might be unlikely, but I do have a small bounty of 50 million."

Law nodded, "Yeah, I remember now. Any relation to Roronoa Zoro?"

"We're cousins. Although, I've never actually met him."

This information didn't seem to bother him, but I did see a slight smile. Most of the time I tell people that they either try to kill me or complain about him drinking all their booze.

It was silent for a couple of minutes before Law spoke up again. "You have three broken ribs. You're left forearm and wrist are broken too. Both wrists are also extremely bruised. You lost about half of your blood and had several failing organs. Not to mention that you're extremely underweight. If anyone else had found you, you'd probably be dead right now."

'That might be a good thing,' I thought to myself.

"What happened? Do you remember anything?" he continued.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about everything that has happened. "Yeah, I remember it all."

Law must've noticed because he simply nodded.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few minutes. You need to eat something."

Is this really Trafalgar Law? I thought he was supposed to be some extremely scary, ruthless pirate who hated everyone except his crew. Why did he save me? And why is he being so nice?

True to his words, he came back in a few minutes with a plate of food. I ate it slowly while Law was examining me.

We both finished around the same time and Law said, "Zoe-ya, you need more rest. I'll be in to check on you later, sleep well."

About four hours later, Law came back to check on me. I was already up. I kept having nightmares. They felt so real. It felt like I was back on that ship, still cuffed to the bed. It took me at least twenty minutes to calm down. I was far away from that ship.

Law raised his brow at me when he saw that I was already up. "Is there a reason that you're up before I came in, Zoe-ya?"

"Uh, no, I just woke up ten minutes ago."

Law looked at me for a second as if he could tell that I was lying, before changing the subject. "So, you said you remember everything. Will you tell me what happened?"

I shook my head no. I already think about it enough. I don't want to talk about it.

"Okay. However, as a doctor I recommend that you tell someone about it. I can tell that it bothers you. It might be hard, but you'll feel better."

After that, Law sat down on a chair and looked at me while I looked anywhere but at him. We sat like this for about five minutes.

I spoke, not even realizing it. "Law?"

He hummed, signaling me to continue.

"Can I go outside?"

He looked shocked at my question, but nodded. "Yeah, I guess that's fine, but I'll have to come with you."

I nodded and started to get off of the bed. It was harder than I thought, Law had to help me. I gripped onto his shoulder for support, while he grabbed my waist and gently lifted me off the bed.

I walked very slow. My muscles were weak and I didn't want to open any wounds, but we made it there eventually.

The sun was shining, white clouds dotting the light blue sky. The ocean was a deep blue, waves crashing against the sub.

Wait...a sub?

A breeze blew through my long hair and birds flew overhead. It was beautiful and before I knew it, I was smiling. A true smile. With the exception of the night Law found me, I haven't been outside since I joined the Kid Pirates. They kept me locked in my room 24/7, all year.

I made my way over to the edge of the sub, admiring the ocean. Law followed behind me, a smirk on his face. "Law, will you tell me about your adventures in the New World?"

He looked at me a small smile replacing his smirk. "Why?"

I stared at the ocean and answered. "I've always wanted to travel in the New World, exploring weird islands, and just being free."

"But, I thought you were with the Kid Pirates. They traveled in the new world. Besides, that's where we are now."

"Oh, right." Law's face had confused written all over it, but I was not going to explain. No one is ever going to find out about what happened.

It was quiet after that.

Suddenly, Law started talking about Fishman island. I listened quietly, but looked at him with a smile to try and let him know that he wasn't boring me.

I had just asked Law about Mermaid Cafe, when my side started to hurt. I ignored it. I mean, how could I have so many injuries and not have pain? It's probably normal, besides, I don't want to seem like a baby.

The longer I listened, the more my side hurt. I shifted on my weight to try and get rid of some of the discomfort. Law glanced and me and stopped talking.

"You need to go back inside and lay down."

I turned to him and nodded. The pain would probably go away if I got off of my feet. I started walking, Law following closely behind. When I reached the door, the pain surged causing me to scream.

It surged again and I clutched my side and screamed louder. The sub shook suddenly, making me lose my balance. I fell over, only to be caught by Law.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Shouldn't you know that! You're the doctor!"

The sub shook again, but Law kept us balanced.

"Captain! Marines!"

It took me a moment to realize that the sub was shaking because we were being fired at.

"Everyone inside! Bepo, submerge us. I'll take care of Zoe-ya. Her pain meds are wearing off."

There was a mad dash to the door of the sub and Law made sure everyone was in before he closed the door. He picked me up and headed to the medical bay, with me screaming or groaning the entire way, but before we made it, I passed out. The pain was too much for me too handle.

Time Skip

I woke up the next day and Law was in the chair next to the bed. He was reading what looked like a medical book. He looked extremely handsome with reading glasses on. Even with glasses on, I could tell that he was exhausted. He...didn't stay up all night for my sake, did he?

"Law?"

Law's eyes slowly reached mine. I sat up and stared at him. I put my hand on my side, extremely confused.

"Law, why did my side hurt so much? I've never felt anything like that before."

"In simple terms, you were drugged. This drug triples your pain perception. It's been in your system the entire time, you just couldn't feel it because you had pain meds. It nullified the drugs affect, but when they started to wear off you could feel it. Even I could have passed out from the pain you felt.

My jaw dropped open from shock. I couldn't believe what he just said. He could've passed out too? The things he told me about his fights with Doflamingo sounded terrible. I don't think I could have ever gone through what he did. Yet, he could have reacted the same way as I did? Him? One of the worst generation?

Law chuckled at my expression, but stopped when he noticed my face turn serious.

"Law, when we get to the next island, are you gonna drop me off and leave?"

His smile turned into a frown.

"No, your wounds won't be healed enough for you to be on your own. Since I'm your doctor, I can't let you leave. Not until you're capable of being on your own."

I nodded sad and...strangely, happy at the same time.

Wait...happy?

No. I'm not happy.

"However, it will be a while for you to heal. You can't stay in here the entire time, so I'll move you elsewhere."

"Uh, where?"

Believe me, I was glad to get out of that room. The walls were completely made of metal. I mean, the rest of the sub wasn't different, but at least there were pictures or posters in some of the other rooms. The medical bay was almost completely empty besides a section of cabinets, most likely filled with medical supplies, the bed I was currently on, and a counter. There was another door, besides the one that led into the hallway, that led to what I assumed was a closet. It probably held the larger medical stuff like heart monitors. It would be nice to have a real bed too. My back was starting to hurt.

Law's previous frown turned into a smirk. "Well, Zoe-ya, we don't have any spare rooms and all of the crew members are perverts. So, you'll be staying in my room.

"Y-Y-You're room?!?!"

I swear my heart stopped. I can't stay in a room with him! We'll probably end up using the same bed too! I'm sure he doesn't have two beds in his room. Well, I guess I could sleep on the floor... but, I'm still healing. He probably wouldn't allow that.

Would he try to take advantage of me? Like everyone else? At least I could protect myself this time. But, we were in the middle of the ocean, not to mention under it. What would I do? I could do enough damage to get away from him, but since I'm not only trapped, but also injured, I wouldn't be able to stop him.

I was snapped out of my worrying, when Law started chuckling. "Don't worry. I don't bite."

"That's what Kid said..." I mumbled to myself.

"What?"

Man, he heard me.

"Uh, nothing..."

I trusted Kid and he went and did that to me. I can't let anyone do that to me again.

Time Skip

The night came and I grew tired. However, I was afraid. I decided to stay awake as long as possible. Then, find somewhere else to sleep.

We had surfaced a while ago, so I went to the deck to look at the stars and ocean. The sky was a dark blue, so dark it almost looked black. It would've been, had the moon not been full and chasing away a little of the darkness with a little help from the twinkling stars. The stars and moon were being reflected by the dark ocean, making it shine. The ocean's even prettier at night than in the day. My love for the ocean at night was one of the main reasons that I became a pirate. On an island, you can't really go out a night. You never know what or who could be crawling around. But, on a ship filled with, usually, trusted pirates, you go out at night without any worry.

I was daydreaming, when Law walked up and leaned on the rail next to me. He had a soft smile on his face and I was about to ask him why when he spoke up.

"I can see why you became a pirate Zoe-ya."

"Why?"

"How you're looking at the ocean. It's obvious that you love it."

I could feel myself getting more excited talking about the ocean.

"Mmm, yeah. I've always loved the ocean, ever since I was a kid. I felt like it was calling to me, begging me to get on a ship and sail."

"Why didn't you become a marine?"

"It's not just the ocean that I love. It's the freedom that I used to associate with pirates. Being a marine sounds exhausting with all of the laws (hehe), regulations, and strict missions. Not to mention I'm pretty sure their sense of justice is pretty messed up."

"What do you mean, 'used to' ?"

"Oh, um, it's nothing..."

I looked away from Law hoping that he wouldn't pry. His chance didn't come because right as he was about to speak, I yawned.

I heard a chuckle from him before he spoke.

"Zoe-ya, let's go to bed."

AHHHHHHHHH! I can't go to bed with him!

I shook my head. "No, you go ahead, I'm not tired."

However, I yawned again.

Damn body...

"Come on. You're obviously tired. Follow me."

Law started to walk away, but I stayed still. I turned around and tried to get him to go so I could find somewhere else to sleep.

"No, seriously, I'm not tired."

I turned back to the ocean hoping that if I ignored him and stayed out that he would leave me alone.

"Room."

My heart stopped. I've heard about Law's ability before.

"Shambles."

Suddenly, I found myself in another room. I haven't been in this room before, it's probably Law's. It does look fancier than everyone else's. There's a bed in the middle of the room against the wall, probably a king sized. The bed is entirely black, black pillows and a black blanket. Next to the bed is a large dresser and a basket filled with dirty clothes. I turn to look at more of the room, but I look back at the basket quickly. It's filled with the exact same outfit!! On the other side of the bed is a small table with a lamp. There's another door, probably leads to a bathroom. I went to check it out only to get scared half to death when Law walks through the door.

He doesn't say anything to me, but closes the door and turns off the light. I was about to complain that I couldn't see, but he walked over and turned the lamp on. Still not saying anything, he took his spotted hat and shirt off before climbing into the bed. He stayed to the right side of the bed, leaving room for me. He pulled a book out of the bedside table and started reading. Ummmm, what should I do?

I stood there mentally debating what I should do when Law's voice broke my train of thought.

"Are you going to stand there all night, or are you going to come lay down, Zoe-ya?"

He said it like he couldn't care whether or not I stayed standing. If he wanted to try something, he would be more insistent, right? His eyes never even left the page of his book. Who reads a medical book before going to bed anyway?

I finally got tired of standing and decided to take a chance for once in my life so I walked over to the other side of the bed and crawled in. I laid down with my back facing Law and refused to move an inch.

"Nice of you to join me."

I felt my body immediately tense as Law spoke. I could hear the smirk in his voice. He started chuckling at my reaction and I heard a page flip before he stopped.

I must've laid there listening to Law flip pages for an hour before he finally turned off the lamp and laid down. My body was cramping because I was still tense. However, I still managed to fully tense again when he laid down. If he was going to anything, now was the time.

However, he didn't do anything and before long I heard his breathing even out, signaling that he was asleep. Finally, I let my body relax and my exhaustion kicked in allowing me to sleep.

Time Skip

"No..."

"No..stop.."

"No!"

I shot up, breathing heavily, tears streaming down my face.

It took me a moment to realize that I wasn't on Kid's ship anymore.

I looked to Law, concerned that I had woken him up. I didn't want him to see me like this. He'll ask me what it's about and I can't tell him.

Luckily, he hadn't moved and was still asleep. I laid back down, back facing Law again, and let the tears stream down my face silently so I didn't wake him up.

After a minute or two, I felt the bed shift behind me.

No! He's awake! I can't let him see me like this. I closed my eyes and tried to slow my breathing, hoping he thought I was still asleep.

I heard the blanket rustle before I felt his arms wrap around me, pulling me to him. I tensed immediately, more tears leaving my eyes at the thoughts going through my mind. He's going to do it. He's going to do the same things Kid did to me. What do I do?

"Everything's fine, Zoe-ya. It was just a nightmare, you're safe here, calm down."

His words took a minute to sink in, but when they did, I was beyond shocked. Even though I was shocked, his words calmed me. My body relaxed, my breathing slowed, and my tears stopped. Law took this as a sign and tightened his arms around me. His scent and touch took over my senses.

A few thoughts ran through my head head before I fell asleep in his arms.

How was he so different from other guys?

Why hadn't he tried anything?

But, most importantly, why did I feel so...happy and safe?

It's been three days since Law discovered that I had nightmares. That day he restored just a tiny bit of my trust in men, but it wasn't a lot. For the past three days, I've just been hanging around the sub and letting my injuries heal.

There's nothing to do on this hunk of metal! I could talk to Law's crew, but if I'm only going to leave, I don't want to get attached. Law's always busy reading medical books or taking care of someone. The only time I really see him is a night.

Speaking of, my nightmares have only gotten worse. I haven't really been able to sleep. When I do, I only end up waking in the middle of a night. Law's probably annoyed with me. I always wake him up and he has to hug me and tell me that I'm not there anymore, that I'm safe. He doesn't even know what happened!

I just had another nightmare. This one was not like the others. This time it was not just a replay of what happened. This time I was part of Law's crew and I looked happy. Penguin, Shachi, Bepo, Law, and I were about to play cards, when we were attacked by none other than the Kid Pirates. The battle was a tough won and in the end Kid won. Law was severely injured, as well as everyone else in the crew, and Kid kidnapped (XD) me. They came after me, but by time they got there it was too late. Kid had used me until I died. The look on Law's face...

Luckily, for once, I hadn't woken up Law, but my sobs were getting louder by the second. I had to get out of there before I woke him up. I slowly climbed out of the bed and went up to the deck, careful not to wake anybody else as well.

I stood at the front of the sub, sobs tearing from my body. I was shaking, but not from the cold night. I was shaking because I was scared. I was scared that Kid would find me again. I was scared that I would be used again. I hated how weak I was. I couldn't stop them from what they wanted to do. I couldn't do anything. I was too far gone for even the twinkling stars and moon to help. Not even the ocean...

The...ocean...?

Suddenly, my cries stopped and I stopped shaking.

I could end this. I could end this pain right now. With my devil fruit, if I jumped into the water, I would sink like a rock. I'd never have to worry about it again. It would all be over.

Before I even realized it, I was grabbing the railing and lifting myself over.

I hate that I'm this weak. I can't even deal with this pain. I'm such a coward. I'm no pirate. I'm not needed here.

I was lifting my first leg over the railing when two strong arms wrapped around me from behind and pulled me back. As we fell onto the deck my cries came back full force.

Not even looking at the person now below me, I pushed my head into their chest and wrapped my arms around them as tightly as I could. In response their arms tightened around me.

"Zoe-ya..."

Wh-what was I about to do? Why? Why would I do that?

I was shaking in Law's arms. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I couldn't control anything.

Law stood up, dragging me along with him and picked me up. I was still hugging him tightly, my cries so loud that they were more like screams.

"Room. Shambles."

I felt something soft below me and I desperately grabbed for Law when he started to pull away. I was suddenly engulfed in warmth and I finally realized that we were back in his room. Law climbed underneath the covers and immediately pulled me to him. He tightened his arms as much as possible and buried his face in the crook of my neck. I cried into his shoulder and when I thought it would never stop, my pain-filled screams turned into soft whimpers and finally, sniffles.

I felt so sleepy, but Law wanted answers.

"Zoe-ya, will you tell me what happened?"

My voice was hoarse from all of my screaming, so my reply only came out in a whisper. "I-I can't..."

Law's hand moved up to my hair and he started to run his hands through the long strands. "Yes, you can. Trust me, Zoe."

"I-I don't know how..."

"Start with who. Who did all of that to you?"

I tried to pull away from Law before I started, but he wouldn't let me. I couldn't even move an inch. I should feel scared, but I feel safe and warm.

"Law? Let me go..."

"No. I'm not letting you go. Not until I'm sure that you won't try it again."

Hearing Law's concern for my safety made me feel even safer and I relaxed and finally answered him. "Eustass Kid and his crew. That's who it was."

I felt Law's body tense but he stayed calm. "Why? Weren't you in that crew? What happened?"

I took a deep breath and finally gained the courage to speak about what happened.

"I was. The morning after I joined, I was on the deck looking at the ocean. Some of the crew members snuck up behind me and cuffed me with sea stone. I'm a devil fruit user so as soon as it was put on me I couldn't really do anything. All of my energy vanished. I would have sensed them when they were behind me, but I already trusted them and I let my guard down. Stupid, isn't it?"

Before Law could even answer, I continued. I needed to get this out before I lost the courage.

"They picked me up and took me to the room I was given. They threw me on the bed and left. Then Kid came in."

I paused, almost unable to continue, but Law was still running his hands through my hair and his other hand was rubbing my back gently. It silently encouraged me to continue.

"He un-cuffed me, only to cuff me to the bed instead. He...he cut off my shirt.  I did the only thing I could do. I screamed for help. I was rewarded with a slap. I screamed again, this time I was punched. I kept screaming until he punched me in the face knocked me out."

Law's hands stopped their movements and I could hear him holding his breath. No doubt afraid of what he would hear next. For the first time since I started, he spoke up. "He didn't rape you did he?"

"He did. When I came to, he was still there. I was still cuffed to the bed and I was so tired I couldn't even talk. The only thing that I could do was cry silently as he did what he wanted."

Law finally let out a breath and even in that I could tell that he was angry. His hand left my hand and joined the other one to angrily clutch my shirt.

"I'm gonna kill that bastard the next time I see him."

"That's not it."

Out of shock, Law's hands lost their grip and I could finally move away. I didn't go far. I just moved away from him and turned back back towards him, but I still continued.

"The next morning, one of the crew members walked in. I thought he was going to do the same thing as Kid, but it was worse. All he did was beat me and when he had enough he choked me until I passed out. A few hours later, someone else came in. It went on like that all day, for a year."

Now that I wasn't near Law I couldn't tell how he reacted. However, I could practically feel his fury from behind me.

"The day you found me was my one-year anniversary. They had a party to celebrate. They came in one after the other, never giving me breaks. It went on all day and when everyone had a turn they threw me off the ship. I stumbled into the nearby town and into that alley and then you found me."

Finally, my tears came back and my eyes were stinging from the constant crying. I was tired of crying. I was tired of being weak. I was...just plain tired. My tears started coming full force as I screamed out my thoughts. "I'm so weak!!!"

Law's arms were around me again and he was shushing me and whispering kind words in my ear. "No, you're not weak. You went through all of that and you're still here. Besides, you have a bounty. You can't get one if you're not at least a little bit of a threat to the government. But, that explains everything. Why you were so happy outside. Why you wanted to hear stories of our travels . Why you were so hesitant to sleep in the same bed as me. I'm sorry, Zoe-ya. I truly am."

By the time I calmed down again, I was too tired to even keep my eyes open. So, with Law behind me, arms around my waist, I fell asleep feeling safer than I ever had before.

Time Skip

I woke up to an empty bed.

Honestly, after last night, I thought that he wouldn't let me out of his sights.

After looking in several places, I found him leaning against the rails on the deck. I walked over and stood next to him. Without looking at me, he wrapped an arm around and pulled me to him, setting his chin on my head. "Zoe-ya, will you join my crew?"

Wait...what?

He wants me to join the crew? Why?

"Why would you want me to join your crew?"

"There's just something special about you..."

.............

No.

No no no no no no!

NO!

This can't be happening. That is the same exact thing Kid said to me. I-I can't.

I broke out of the embrace and backed up. "No, I'm sorry. But, I can't join another crew. .Since we've already passed the last island, just drop me off at the next one."

With that, I turned around and walked into the sub. I closed the door behind me and went to the part of the sub that no one goes to. I sat in a dark corner and cried, not even noticing the multitude of spider webs that, normally, would've made me scream.

I couldn't join Law's crew. I don't know if I'll ever join another crew. I still don't trust them. Last night was an exception. I don't belong here, not after what happened. And for Law to say the exact same thing as Kid? I freaked out.

Time Skip

It's been a week since I told Law I wouldn't join the crew.

I haven't spoken to Law since then. I haven't been eating properly and I'm losing weight. I'm just not hungry anymore. Even though we haven't spoken, he gives me a glare every time I don't eat or worried glances when I feel weak from lack of food and sleep. I haven't been able to sleep either. My nightmares have gotten even worse. Instead of me dying, Law dies. I haven't been sleeping with Law. I found a random corner to sleep in.

I still haven't bothered to really talk to the rest of the crew, since I'll be leaving tomorrow. I try not to think about it. I don't really want to leave, but I can't stay.

Time Skip

I'm leaving today.

We have about an hour until we reach the next island.

I'm packing what little stuff I have into a bag I found. A book, an extra outfit, a couple thousand berries I collected, and...an old jacket Law gave to me. It still smells like him.

I stuff everything into the bag and lay down on the bed that Law and I used to share.

Half an hour later, Bepo's voice echos throughout the sub with the speaker system. "Everyone, we have reached the island and are docking now. Get ready."

I grab my back and sling it onto my shoulders. I take a deep breath and let it back out in a sigh. Still reluctant to go, I head up onto the deck.

Once there, I realize everyone, including Law, is on the deck and they're here to see me leave.

I walk to the front railing and look at the island.

It's small compared to most of the ones I've been to. There is a small town filled with buildings in the center. The town is surrounded by forest, except for the large paht leading to the town from the beach. It looks like a nice place.

I turn around to face everyone and I am surprised to be met with looks of longing. Longing for me to stay, to be part of the crew, except Law. His usual smirk was gone, but there was no longing. No, he was frowning. It took up his entire face and hid the features that made him, well, him. I ached to see him smile again, or smirk again, but I couldn't.

I looked straight at Law and said, "Thank you for everything that you have done. Even if I didn't want to be saved, you did, in more ways than one. For that I'm grateful. Thank you."

I gave everyone a small bow and jumped off of the sub onto the beach, without a warning or a goodbye.

Not looking back, I ran towards the town, following the brick path. I didn't stop till I got there.

When I reached the town's edge, I decided that it would be best to find an inn to stay at for the night. I could decide what to do next later. I found a nice inn with several cheap rooms. I rented one, using the berries I found, and out my bag in the room.

The room reminded me of my childhood home. The floors were wooden as well as the walls. There was a large bed with white blankets in the middle of the room. On one side of the bed there was a dresser, on the other side there was a table with a lamp. There was also a door that led to a bathroom. It was strangely similar to Law's room, but more homey. There were pictures of flowers on the walls  and there was a window with a nice view of the ocean. Overall, it felt like someone actually lived here and, for some reason, it comforted me.

Once I was settled, I left the inn to look around. The townspeople were all very friendly. They all smiled and waved as I walked past. The town itself looked like every other town I've been to. Shops lined the main street and houses lined all of the other streets. Along with the shops, there was a small market selling fruits, vegetables, meats, and other things. As I walked through, every one continued to wave at me. I guess they don't get many visitors. The town is also located on the side of a hill so it's all sloped.

I was walking back to the inn, when I came across a book store that I didn't see before. I needed something to do, so I went in to try and find a book that I would like. I looked at almost the entire store before I turned into another aisle and saw Law looking at medical books.

My heart stopped and my breathing increased. I felt a wave of regret come over me, but I quickly pushed it away and slowly walked away. His back was to me, so he couldn't see me.

Once I made it to the door, I ran in a random direction to the woods. Of course they would explore the island and shops. I should've just stayed in my room at the inn! I'm so stupid!

Knowing I'll end up running into someone else if I go back to town, I explore the forest for a couple of hours. It's just like every other forest I've seen, just like the town. Green trees, flowers, bugs, and the occasional animal. Nothing I haven't seen, but it fills me with joy and sadness at the same time. I loved being outside, especially after being locked in a room for a year.

However, the realization that I could have this everyday with the Heart Pirates has me drowning in regret.

The sun has already set and the moon is shining brightly by the time I get back to the town. From my spot on to of the hill the town rests on, I can see the beach. I have a perfect view of the sub and it's like they're having a party. They look like they're having so much fun. The sub is even decorated in lights. I sigh, feeling my eyes sting from the fresh tears falling down my cheeks and make my way back to the inn.

When I reach my room, I collapse on the bed, finally letting out my tears full force. I grabbed a pillow and held it close to my body.

Th-this pillow...could be Law...

My tears roll down my face at a faster pace at the thought.

I could be laying in bed with him, listening to his breathing gradually slow down as he falls asleep with me in his arms.

I fall asleep still crying, but this time I did not have a nightmare. No, instead I had a dream about the Heart Pirates. Law in particular.

It felt worse than any nightmare could have made me feel. But, I couldn't cry. I seem to have run out of tears. After all, this was my fault wasn't it? If I would've just accepted, I wouldn't be here.

In that moment, I made myself a vow.

If the sub was still at the beach, I would ask to join.

With my new vow in mind, I changed into the only other outfit I had, a t-shirt with a floral design and a pair of jeans.

I walk out of the inn with a new feeling of excitement, something I haven't felt in a long time.

I quickly walk to the top of the hill where I could see the sub. Before turning around, I close my eyes.

If the sub is not there, I will be stuck on this island forever and I will never be a pirate again.

I take a deep breath, my heart beating rapidly, before turning around and open my eyes.

It's still there! The sub's still here!!! I knew it would be!

My smile grew and my heart seemed to beat even faster, but my smile vanished when I realized that they were repairing to leave. I had to move quickly.

As I ran through the town towards the sub, the same thoughts ran through my head over and over again.

I want to join the Heart Pirates.

Law wouldn't hurt me like Kid and he wouldn't let anyone else hurt me either.

This is the adventure I've always wanted, I just have to take the opportunity.

When I reach the edge of the town, I allow myself a few seconds to breathe, but I take off again when I hear the engines starting. I race down the path towards the beach. I can feel my thighs burning and my lungs gasping for air as I force myself to run faster than I ever have before.

I reach the beach just as the sub starts moving. I use the rest of my strength to jump over the railing and onto the sub.

Taking advantage of the shocked people (and bear) on the deck, I take a few seconds to regain my composure and breathe.

Finally, I stand up from my landing position and look at the people around me. Shachi, Penguin, Bepo and, of course, Law.Pushing past my feelings of regret and stupidity, I focus on how much I want this. This once in a lifetime adventure with Law and the crew.

I walk up to Law, the regret still shining through my eyes and say, "Law...will you let me join your crew?"

His face immediately adopted his famous smirk and he shifted the nodachi in his arms to extend his hand out to me.

"Welcome to the crew, Zoe-ya."

I grinned widely and tackled Law to the ground in a hug, completely dismissing the fact that he wanted me to shake his hand, not pounce on him. His nodachi went flying. I saw Bepo discreetly pick in up and head into the sub with the others. We were alone now.

I laid my head on his chest, too embarrassed to look up at him when I realized what I had done.

I listened to his heartbeat and ignored the smirk still plastered on his face. My grin slowly turned into a frown and the tears that I thought were gone, started to prick my eyes. His smirk also faded as he saw the sudden change in my mood.

I stood up and turned around, my back to him now. I heard him stand up as well and he placed an arm on my shoulder. "Zoe-ya, what-"

"Law, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have freaked out  like that when you asked me to join you. I should've known that you wouldn't hurt me...like he did. I should've trusted you. But, when you said that, the same thing that he said, I lost control. I didn't know what to think or feel. I-I-"

The hand on my shoulder cut me off by quickly spinning me around, while his other hand pushed me into him. The arm he used to spin me around gently pushed my head into his chest and he let me cry into his chest.

"Zoe-ya, it's okay. I had no idea that's the same thing he said to you. I understand. You don't need to apologize. You're here now, that's what matters.

He pushed me back by the shoulders so he could look me in the eyes, willing me to understand. His face softened at the tears on my red cheeks and bloodshot eyes. He slid his left hand down to rest of my hip, while the right one slid up and wiped the tears off of my cheeks.

I continued to stare into his eyes and I saw his gaze travel down to my lips and back to my eyes.

My heart started to pound as I realized what he was silently asking me. I slowly nodded, slightly unsure. He looks into my eyes a little longer, as if making sure I actually wanted this, before grabbing my chin and capturing my lips in a sweet and gentle kiss.

His lips were warm and surprisingly soft against mine. The kiss left my lips tingling, my heart racing, and my brain mush. I had no idea a kiss could feel like this, to be so loving and caring and make me weak in the knees.

I couldn't think correctly, but I did know one thing.

I wanted to feel it again.

I wanted to taste his minty lips again.

So, using as much courage as I could gather in front of Law, the Sadistic Surgeon of Death, who just happened to be the most caring gentlemen I knew, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him again. I could feel Law's lips pull into a smile, a real smile, as he kissed me back.

"You're mine now, Zoe-ya."