The Beginning of The End | Teen Ink

The Beginning of The End

By Icewolf996, Piedmont, Oklahoma
Icewolf996, Piedmont, Oklahoma

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars" ~ Les Brown

Author's note:

multiple things like books and shows inspired this book and I really hope that like it and love the character in all their craziness.

see you all in next chapter!

Emily’s POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm playing “See You Again” by Carrie Underwood. I picked up my phone, and turned my alarm off. I slugged myself out of bed. I looked in the mirror and saw a hooded figure standing in my doorway. I backed up as the hooded figure lingered closer and closer to me. “Please just take anything you want, just please leave me be!” I cried in pure terror. “Don’t be so apprehensive Emily.” the hooded figure said. ‘Is this intruder a male? WAIT WHAT!!! How does he know my name?!’ I thought to myself suspiciously. “ H-how do you know my n-name?!” I asked him terrified. “ I would have thought that sierra would have told her own daughter before she passed on.” He said with ease. ‘He can’t be talking about my mother, can he?’ I thought to myself.“Are you talking about my mother?” I asked with my eyes starting to tear up just thinking about her. “Yes.” He said swiftly. “How did you know my mother?” I said quietly. “Your mother told me that she wants me to protect you.” He said hesitantly. “How would you do that?” I asked him. “As your guard.” He said finally looking me straight in the eyes. My vision started to blur and my head started throbbing, I started falling. I could barely see him run toward me.“EMILY…EMILY GET UP….” everything faded to black.

see you all in next chapter!

Emily’s POV

My eyes opened to find the hooded man sitting next to me. ‘Was he waiting for me to gain consciousness?’ I thought to myself. I reached my hand to his hood and tried to pull it down but, his hand snapped up and dragged my hand away from him. “Don’t even try.” He said harshly. “Please tell me what your name is.” I said trying to control my tone. “My name is Garroth.” He said looking into my eyes. I got up and he followed me out of the room. I got out a pan and eggs. I turned to look at him. “Do you want fried or scrambled eggs?” I said to him. “1 fried egg please, my lady.” He said formally. I put a egg on the pan and looked at him. “So….you knew my mother?” I asked/said the him. “Not really your mother just contacted me, I don’t know barely anything about her.” He said looking down at the ground where he was standing. I flipped the eggs and winced in pain as grease from the pan flew onto my hand. “Are you okay Emily?!” He yelled running towards me. He looked at the burn and then hugged me. ‘H-he’s hugging me!” I thought to my blushing self. He pulled away slightly and then we locked eyes. “G-garroth?” I asked nervousness flowing through me. Garroth snapped away almost knocking me over. “Please watch the eggs!” I said to him, my tone turning scared and vulnerable. “Emily wai-” before Garroth could say anything else. I ran out of the room. Garroth chased me to my bedroom  and I slammed the door in his face and then locked it. Garroth was banging on the door yelling to me to come out. soon enough he went away and it all became silent.

see you all in next chapter!

Emily’s POV

I finally came out of my bedroom. I looked outside and it was dark out. I walked into the kitchen and saw Garroth sitting at the table. I walked to the table. Garroth looked at me with worried eyes. Garroth got up quickly and hugged me. I hugged him back. he moved his hands lowered his hands to my wrist and pinned me to the wall. “G-garroth?!” I said trying to get out of garroth’s grasp. Garroth looked into my eyes and his face started getting closer to mine. Our lips touched. ‘OMG!! OMG!!! OMG!!!! NO EMILY WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!! HE CAN’T BE MY GUARD IF HE’S DOING THIS TYPE OF THING!!!!!’ I screamed in my head. he pulled away then looked in my eyes again. I was letting him make a fool out of me! I snapped my wrists out of his grasp and pushed him away. Garroth looked away sadly but also provoked. He grabbed me and dragged me to my room.

see you all in next chapter!

Emily’s POV

Next thing I knew I was thrown to my bedroom floor and I saw Garroth with a furious look on his face and slammed the door. I could hear his footsteps walking away. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as I knew he wasn’t coming back. I closed my eyes and soon fell into a shameful slumber. I opened my eyes and saw that I was now in the living room, on the couch. I rose from the couch and heard a high ringing sound in my ears. I covered my ears but the sound intensified. “Oh you’re awake.” Garroth said in a vulgar tone. I looked at him and felt warped feeling rush inside my chest straight into my heart. “Garroth what is wrong? I don’t understand what I did to make you ac-” I was cut off by Garroth. “NO! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID! I TRIED TO SHOW THAT I LOVED YOU AND YOU-” I cut Garroth off by mashed my lips against Garroth’s. We soon pulled away and I looked into Garroth’s eyes, and thought that I had everything back. A few moments later I saw Garroth’s eyes widen. “Garroth?! What’s wrong?!” I asked/yelled to him. Garroth kept not responding so I called the police, and an ambulance came quickly. At the hospital the doctor came out of Garroth’s room, and looked saddened. “I’m so sorry, but Garroth Fujioka is in a coma.” I was shocked and walked to the nearest restroom. I closed the restroom door and slid down the door starting to cry.

see you all in next chapter!

Emily’s POV

(two months later.)
I layed in my bed watching tv and heard a noise coming from the front door. I got out of bed and started walking to the front door. Halfway there I felt arms wrap around my waist. I froze until I heard a voice. “Hey Emily.” Garroth said. Tears filled my eyes, I snapped around and hugged him as soon as I pulled away I kissed him.