Keeping the Universe Weird | Teen Ink

Keeping the Universe Weird

By Amsteuer17, canton, Ohio
Amsteuer17, Canton, Ohio

You cannot learn from success, you can only learn from failure.

Author's note:

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe inspired me to write this fan fiction.

This is all I have so far. Let me know what you think.

Stevonnie is making together breakfast while the other crystal gems are doing their own thing. Rosonniven, Stevonnie's daughter who was born with a Rose Quartz gem on her naval like Steven, is rolling around in her pink bubble, laughing. Rosonniven has black hair shaped like ringlets like Steven's mom's hair was. She has Steven's nose, Connie's build, and Steven's personality. 

"Hey guys, together breakfast is finished!" announced Stevonnie.

"Yay!" cheered Rosonniven and Amethyst.

Pearl stayed on the couch, reading a novel about aliens invading Earth. Garnet gave a thumbs up.

"What's a together breakfast?" asked Peridot quizzically.

Amethyst whispered in Peridot's ear about the events that happened in Together Breakfast episode, causing Peridot to overreact.

"Keep that thing away from us! It's going to destroy us all!" screamed Peridot as she jumped up on the couch frantically.

"Peridot, it's just food. That only happened because a gem powered paper took control of it," explained Stevonnie.

"So... it's safe, then?" cautiously asked Peridot.

"Yes Peri-gullable. It's safe," rolled Amethyst's eyes.

BOOM!

The ground and everyone shook.

"What was that?" shrieked Pearl.

Amethyst scurried over to the window.

"Some type of green gem," said Amethyst rather calmly.

"Nyeh-he-he-he. I'm green," laughed Peridot.

"It looks like she's coming over here. She's on the stairs, and now she's at the door," said Amethyst.

"I'll take care of it," said Garnet, "Can I help you?"

"I was sent here by Green Diamond to welcome the Crystal Gems home. She feels strongly against how the past Diamond Authority handled everything. Green Diamond is a very compassionate being who cares for all gems, and cares about what they care for," said the green gem.

"Are you a Pearl?" asked Rosonniven.

"Why yes, I am a Pearl. Who are you?" sweetly said Green Pearl.

"I'm Rosonniven! And I'm a Crystal Gem!" happily announced Rosonniven.

Rosonniven is wearing a sundress similar to Rose Quartz's dress. The only similarity they share is the star cutout that shows the Rose Quartz gem.

"Wow! Aren't you a cutie. You look just like your mother over there," smiled Green Pearl.

"That's my mommy and daddy fused," explained Rosonniven, "If they unfuse, my mommy will die from old age."

"Would you like to come in?" offered Stevonnie.

"Is it alright with the rest of you?" asked Green Pearl.

"It's fine with us," spoke Garnet.

The Green Pearl walked inside the Crystal Temple, and bowed to everyone in there.

"So, if we went home, Green Diamond would make sure that the Earth stays safe?" asked Pearl.

"Definitely. She cares about all life," nodded Green Pearl.

"So, how would she feel about half human gem hybrids?" asked Pearl.

"She would be inspired."

"Inspired how?"

"She would most likely send gems to Earth to reproduce gems the same way Rose Quartz did, thus creating little angels like Steven and Rosonniven."

"Garnet, what do you think we should do?"

"How does Green Diamond feel about mixed fusion?"

"She doesn't care, as long as she knows why you're fused. If it's for an innocent reason, then she's fine with it. If it's to overthrow her, then she would have a problem with it."

The gems stood there in silence, waiting for Garnet's final decision.

"Let's go home, gems."

Green Pearl used the direct Green Diamond line to call her Diamond.

"This is the Green Diamond line," answered Green Diamond.

"My Diamond, the Crystal Gems have decided they want to come home."

"How lovely! I'll send an escort for them right away. I can't wait to have them return home. Thank you Crystal Gems, and thank you, Pearl."

"Thank you, My Diamond."

A few hours later, a ship landed on the beach, and two Serpentines exited from the ship, and they guided the Crystal Gems to their seats.

"Garnet, will I have a problem breathing on Homeworld?" asked Stevonnie.

"No. Your gem is helping you breathe normally, because you've mastered your gem's full potential. However, Rosonniven will need help breathing in space."

Garnet kissed Rosonniven's forehead to help her see how to use her gem to help her breathe in space.

"Thank you, Garnet," cutely thanked Rosonniven.

This book has 1 comment.

DrMitchellPhD PLATINUM, Riverdale, Georgia

"The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are." - Goldie Hawn

Great work! Can't wait until the full book comes out. A few concerns, though. Like in the original Steven Universe show, isn't the Gemstone of the previous Gem supposed to be only on one person at a time. Steven and Connie cannot be fused if they have a daughter who is a Rose Quartz/Human Hybrid. If you really want to captivate the fans, stick to the factual evidence. That'll really make a difference in your fan-Fiction.