Carl! | Teen Ink

Carl!

By 115hh115, Irvington, VA, Virginia
115hh115, Irvington, VA, Virginia

Carl

Intro
I have not written in you for a while. You have been at the bottom of my bag since it all happened. I have a lot to do these days. I have wanted to tell my life story, but not my life before the plague.

Chapter 1 : A rough start
It all started about 3 years ago, I was about ten years old, I lived in a small town in Georgia a couple of hours away from Atlanta. I was a normal kid, and my mother was a secretary, my father was a police officer. The day my dad was shot and went into a coma, I changed just like everybody else. My world was turned upside down. The people die and come back as these monsters.  My mom and Shane, my dad's partner, got out of town. We were planning on going to Atlanta but we decided we would go into the city because of what we saw. Atlanta had fallen, Atlanta had been bomb as a fail safe maneuver to try to kill any body who had been infected. So we decided to camp outside of Atlanta at abandoned quarry. Thing was going okay, and we were surviving so that was good.
chapter 2 : an unexpected return
It was just normal day at camp when the group came back from Atlanta. Everybody got off the truck, which was a old bread truck, then a stranger came out from the truck it was my dad. He somehow woke up from a coma after everything happened and found a boy and his father, who were just trying to survive just like him.. They helped them get better and got him back on it's feet. I could not believe it, He came back and found us. I thought the only way I could see him, if he was a walker or a ghost. It was a miracle. Mom couldn't believe it, We're crying.  Shane was so surprised because his friend he thought was dead was back.
my dad said, while he was held up in the tank surrounded by walkers. Then this guy named Glenn, saved my dad because of his quick thinking ,and his knowledge of Atlanta. He was a pizza boy before everything went down. They came back with the guns but not the man. The man cut of his own hand to get off the roof, when they went to the go back to the truck it was gone, so they had to hike back to the quarry. Right before they came back a small herd of walkers penetrated into camp. Several people died. There was one man named Jim that had been bit and was still alive so we decided to take him to the CDC.  Other survivors said that the CDC was working out a cure for the desired. In the end we said yes and took him to the CDC
Chapter 3 : A forgotten atmosphere
   It was a day after the attack had happened Jim was still alive, but barely hanging on. We left for the CDC around noon. On the way to the CDC, Jim just became worse worse to the point where he just couldn’t take it anymore. He asked us to leave them so we left amongst other arid it was his choice not ours. We arrived at the CDC and it was almost dusk. It was a odd shaped building with big giant windows, I had seen it on tv when the outbreak started. The doors to the CDC were locked, it looked abandoned like nobody was there. It was like a giant concrete tomb but with big windows. My dad saw the security camera move there was this warm inviting white light like the doors to an alien spacecraft opening.  There was one man that walked out and he introduced himself. He introduced himself as Dr. Jenner.  He told us we only had to submitted to blood test. That  was the price of admission. We graciously,  said of course we would, he said that it was to help him with his research. He took us down to what he called ground zero. It was under the building, it was one big bunker , on the way down he said as a joke, “You all look harmless but you, I have to keep my eye on you.”He was trying to make a joke about me, but nobody laughed. Jenner said, we could stay in the living quarter because nobody left. Jenner said, there was, mass suicide and people, just giving up, leaving some people went to be with their families.

We finally settled into the living quarters and to my amazement there were showers. I had not showered in two months and, the first thing I did was turn the water on and step in with my clothes on. A great weight was lifted off as in dirt weight. Me and my mom and my dad finally got settled into our new home. We were so stupidly lucky to have what we had. We had more than three walls and a roof over our head. We had a new world. The whole group decided to go, and ask Dr. Jenner if he knew the cure. When we went to the big room, as Jenner called it. He was talking to a computer that was called VI. Then we had dinner, it was like the apocalypse had never happened.  Everyone is having a good time, drinking wine and there was meat, it was frozen meat, it was still good. There was lots of food and drinks so we did and had for months it truly was a forgotten  atmosphere.

The next day we got curious about what happened and if Dr. Jenner knew, we asked him and he told us all he knew was that when you die this infection kills your brain, then you come back as a living dead person. Then we noticed,  this clock with a countdown. So my dad asked what happens when it hits zero. Jenner said ,’’decontamination,’’ ‘’When it explosion and lights the air on fire.’’ ‘’It destroys any living particle inside the building stores the building she said it is because of smallpox samples and every other diseases anything contained in the vault and all would be destroyed when it happened.’’ ‘’It was like a nuclear bomb going off’.’’ Shane went off on him and almost shot him but he didn't. My dad talked him out of it. He finally got us out out of the main room and up onto the main floor but he said those doors were locked, the doors would not open. Carol said that when she was washing my dad's clothes, she found a grenade. It was from Atlanta when my dad was barricaded in the tank. My dad pulled the pin and threw the grenade. We got out to the RV and then, Boom and then there was a flash, it was like a light bulb exploding. We then realized that Dr. Jenner stayed.  After that, we were on the road again.

stuck in heavy traffic
CHAPTER:4
It was about a day after the CDC. We were on the interstate trying to get to Fort Benning. But we got stopped in dead bumper-to-bumper traffic. We were about to get out to move a car the RV had blown a gasket. I was walking around and I saw a truck,in the truck I saw a bag. I grabbed it,  inside was a Gerber knife roll. lt had a couple machete and knives and a hatchet. My mom was not excited about it but I was. My dad spotted a walker with the scope of the high-powered rifle but it was not one but it was a whole herd. We all got under the cars but Andri did not get the massage, she was in the bathroom of the RV. When she came out she was spotted. The door was open but she didn't have time to close it. Then she hid in the bathroom to try to get away, but the walker ended up hearing her and then it got in. But Dail drop a screwdriver through the net on the top vent. She caught it and in the end she put the walker down.
The herd seemed to pass so we're about to come out from under the cars. But then Sophia said something and ended up being heard by a couple of walkers. TheY ended up running into the woods with my dad in hot pursuit. When my dad came back Sophea was not with him and nor was she with us back a camp. Little did I  know that was the last time I would see her.

A CLOSE CALL
CHAPTER:5
I was in so much pain in my side. I looked down, and there was a man. He told me that I had been shot and that I couldn't move or it could possibly kill me.
I woke up again and my mom and dad where next to me and then they told me, ‘’that the man named Herschel would have to perform surgery on me.’’ I remember telling my mom about the deer I  saw before I had been shot the out again. In the end Herschel saved my life but I lost a lot of blood but my dad gave blood to save my life. Herschel removed six bullet fragments. My survival came at a price shane ended up killing Otas who was the man that shot me. He killed Otas to get him back for shooting me, which was a honest mistake. I also found out that sophia who was my girlfriend was probably dead. I could not tell you the anger I had been going through I just wanted to kill and destroy.
WILDFIRE
We found a boy on a run he fell of a roof on to a dumpster but his leg was secured on a fence point. my dad was about to chop his lead off to get him off the fence. Walkers came and my dad had to pull his leg through the top of the fence to get him off. That was probably best for the boy because he would not have probably survived a amputation. They got the boy back to the farm fine then Herschel patched him up but there was one problem he was with a big group with a lot of guns and he also claimed that he knew Maggie, Hershel's daughter. He must of over heard her and Herschel talking and recognized their voices. So we had to decide whether to kill him or cut him loose. 

We were about to execute the boys because we thought he would be too much of a risk. But we changed our minds we decided to keep him to help us and eventually let him go after his groupe forgot about him and moved on. Shane wanted him dead. He took it upon himself to kill him and make it look like the boy exapted.

A couple of days later Shane came out of the bushes and said that he had been went to check on the boy. He said when he came in the room the boy hit him over the head and got his gun. Everybody decided to split up into groups and go find him.  Daryl and Glenn went and my dad, Dhane went separate ways. A little while later, I was looking out the window when,  I saw my dad in Shane. They were in the field so I went out to see if could help. When, I walked out into the field  I saw it happened. Shane was about to kill my dad and then my dad stabbed him. Then I raised my gun my gun and I shot Shane who had turned. When we were walking back from the farm, I turned and saw  thousands of walking. It was a horde like the one we saw on the road but ten times more. We ran to the barn we got cut off we can make the house. We decided to kill as many as possible so we poured gasoline all over the barn. The plan was to open the door and let some walkers in and light it up. My dad said, ‘’when I give you the signal drop a lighter.’’ He opened the doors and climbed up the letter and give me an I dropped it. It was like shooting star but right in front of you it was so bright and hot. hershel's son saw us and pulled the RV beside us. We jumped we but the RV got over run. We met up with Herschel got in the car we drove me back to the interstate. We decided to wait there for the rest of the group. Finally the rest came we decided that we were not going to go back to the farm, we were going to take our chances on the room. We decided to camp next to a old dam. Everybody was confused because word spread fast about the boy and how when he was found he was not bit but still a walker. It turns out that Shane twisted and broke his neck. My dad said that Dr. Jenner told him that we all are infected and it doesn't matter if how you die as long as your brane is ok you turn. 
a terrible loss
chapter:7
My mom is dead everyone is dead except me and my dad. It all went wrong. We all were on the run when this pack of walkers came. My mom went into labor and was about to give birth. Right before my mom died she said to me, ‘’You will beat this world and you will survive, I love you.’’

My dad and i have been held up in a small prison. We have been here for a couple of days. We are thinking of going back to King County,  our hometown. My dad said that there was a man and his son. He said that he should still be alive today. On our way to King County we found Deral and Meshone and a couple other members of the groupe. I thought everybody was dead but I guess not. We finally got to King County. To our amazement Morgan had a total compound complete Walker traps and he even had a 1919 machine gun on one of the roofes. When we got close to what looked like the main building shots rang out. It was him my dad told me to run but, I went and hid in a alley. My dad had one last shot when he went to take his shot the man was gone. The man came out of the building guns ablazing. He was feet away from my dad when i came out of the alley and shot him in the chest. There was no blood , it turns out he was wearing a bulletproof vest. We hauled him into the main building and when we entered. To our amazement he stocked up on weapons he had, twenty six assault rifles one sniper rifle, twenty two hunting rifles and, ten shotguns, forty eight grenade, one crossbow, ten Semi automatic handguns. When Morgan woke he had no idea who we were but then he recognized my dad. Morgan said that his son had been killed just after my dad left to go find me and my mom. Morgan had clearly changed from what, I thought he would be, he had been alone for two and a half years. He asked us to go with him to this place called Turmanus. He said it was this place at the end of the tracks. Me meant the tracks next to the town. He said that he saw them putting out signs that said to come to there set up for sanctuary.  So we said we would go with him. After we left i told Morgan, ‘’that I was sorry that I shot him but I had to. He said,’’ son don’t ever be sorry.’’

Let them turn
                   chapter:8
All I felt was anger all I wanted to do was kill every single one around. Those stupid monsters have taken all I have had and loved. The grief I feel the guilt I had a severe case of survivors guilt. I just wanted to go back and fix everything wasn't my fault. I just feel bad about what happened we found the train tracks. We were about to put in for the night but this group came out of nowhere. They were about to kill us, but my dad killed the leader, and we ended up killing them all. I was so scared, not of my dad but what he had become. Meshone said to me. ‘’This is what this world does to people and that it has changed me and you, and your dad, and everybody else still alive.’’

Kill them all
chapter:9
I cannot believe what just happened over the past couple days. We arrive at terminates and we instantly knew something was up. When we got there it was too good to be true, they shoved us into a  train car. We were not the only people in the car. The other people told us that the people were cannibals. They said, ‘’we were the cattle and they were the butcher.’’ And my dad said, ‘’They are going to feel pretty stupid when they find out. I said, ‘’Find out what,’’ He said. They messed with the wrong people.’’
My dad, Dearly, and Glean were taken. Right before they took my dad, he said. ‘’I love, no matter what happens and if I do not come back I will be always be with you.’’ Then they tossed tear gas grenades into the trane car.
Some time passed and then we heard a explosions and gun shots, my dad opened the door and said ,’’WE FIGHT TO THE FENCES.’’ Then we made it to the fence and got over them.

A tough decision
chapter:10
One of the women said that she had heard that washington was safe and that they had walls. She said that they were taking people in and that she was going to try to go to washington. So my dad said that we were going to shoot for Washington. He said that it was probably best for the groupe. When we were on the way to get on the main road when we heard a man calling for help. So we ran and found him he was on a giant boulder surrounded by about five walkers. We took care of them fast . It was a priest named Father Negan. He said that he had a church and that we were welcome to come back with him. So we did but we were still very careful because it could be a trap. We made it to the church and although it was small it was still four walls and a roof. We decided that we were going to rest up at the church and then move on to washington.

Atlanta
chapter:12
We just went through Atlanta, it was like a ghost town with only the dead roaming the streets. The whole city was a jungle literally. The buildings where practically green because of all the plant growth and other reasons. When we left the city I had this feeling that I would never see Georgia. When we got out of the city we saw a sign, this from turmanus.  We stopped the car and made a flame bottle and threw it at the sign. My dad took me aside and told me,‘’No matter how safe you feel or where you are you still aren't safe.,’’ and I said, ‘’ I know but for now we will be okay and we will make it.’’  We were on the road again, but that is okay we will make it.

ONE LAST PIECE TO THE PUZZLE (ONE MONTH LATER)
chapter: 13
I we have made it to the safe zone we just have to get across this bridge and then to the wall. It is just me and my dad because the rest of the groupe is dead. As Morgan would have said, ‘’they were either torn apart by bullets or teeth.’’ They all sacrificed themselves get us here. I asked my dad what we would do if they were really bad. He said, ‘’ run or you shoot just like always, I love you son.’’ We half to cross the bridge but there is one problem we are both down to one magazeen and have a grenade launcher on my pistol with one shot also the bridge is almost over run.  I am very excited but emotionally and physically prepared to for whatever lies ahead.

May he rest in peace
chapter: 14

I am not the boy named Carl. I'm a tower watch man on the wall of the Alexandria safe zone. I saw the boy and his father try to cross the bridge. When the two crossed, they got cut off and trapped. They had two choices either try to fight through or jump in to the rocky water. The father sacrificed himself for the boy. The boy tried to run, but ran out of ammo, and got bit. Then he was surrounded then he shot himself in the head with a grenade launcher. May the two rest in peace.