Abused and Broken | Teen Ink

Abused and Broken

By Star_777, pickering, Other
Star_777, Pickering, Other

crying over a guy? Nah Princess, pick up your head, your tiara is falling!

Author's note:

i was inspired by other fanficitons and by a friend who was abused and almost ended up comiting suicide, but she was saved. All i want from this story is that people recognize when people need help and that you like it!

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

I gazed out the window at Julia Chanling and Harry Styles sitting on his front porch, his arms wrapped around her waist. The look of love in his eyes for her was too much for me to bear. I tore my gaze away from the window and looked at my iPhone, checking for any messages. By the way my name is Arianna Richards, I'm 15 and in grade 10. I have had a crush on Harry since grade 8 when I first met him and I and Julia were best friends until grade 9 when she asked him out right in front of me! After that we never talked again except for the occasional 'sorry' if we bumped into each other or 'excuse me'. I always thought Harry was kind of a jerk, but only until he started dating Julia. I thought back to when me and Julia would giggle together about boys, especially Harry.

Guess I should have seen this coming. I knew I shouldn't have trusted her but since I had no one else since my parents abuse me really badly because they have been coming home drunk every night since I was 8. I just keep hoping and praying that one day life will get a whole lot better and my parents would come home sober for once and we would laugh and watch a movie together instead of me spending my nights in my room crying, bleeding and vomiting, trying to calm down and covering up the bruises with foundation. I have probably spent over $350 in foundation for the last pass 7 years from 8 years old to now. Once again the thought of cutting or suicide crossed my mind, it was so easy! Just an overdose of pills or jump off a bridge, who knows? But I shook my head, saying no, it doesn't matter because things could get better right? So I better be there for it! The next morning I woke up and after dressing carefully to cover up the bruises, I walked downstairs. My parents had already left for 'work.' I looked through all the cupboards and the fridge before settling for a stale pop tart instead of nothing, since that seemed like nothing was all there was to eat lately. I was walking down the street toward the school when I bumped into someone. I looked up to see Harry. He looked at me his face going from apologetic to surprised to disgust. "Look where you're going creep!" he spit at me. I looked at him, tears blurring my vision. Suddenly I ran past him to the school with hot tears streaming down my face.

I sprinted into the girls bathroom were I locked myself in one of the stalls and concentrated on breathing and calming down. As I was about to walk out of the stall, I heard the bathroom door swing open and heard Julia and one of her sidekicks Marissa walk in giggling, probably about some poor girl's outfit. I was about to walk out when I heard Julia say Harry and I are so ready to take our relationship to the next step, if you know what I mean." " Don't forget to use protection!" laughed Marissa. Wow, a little too soon much, I thought. I waited until the bathroom door closed again before I walked out. The rest of the day went by in a blur except when harry and his crew of his best buds: Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn targeted me to bully me and that was like everything froze. They were all pretty cruel but Harry was the worst. After school I headed to my favourite park. It was my favourite because deep in the wooded part was this cool cove sort-of thing and I discovered it when I ran away after my parents abused me for the first time. Unfortunately I had to walk past the baseball park to get there and that's were Harry and his group hung out.

I was walking past it when I heard someone yell "Look out loser!" I looked over and raised my arm just in time to have a baseball fired at my arm. It smacked right were my dad whipped me with a frying pan that night. I yelped in raw pain and ran to my cove. There I sank to the floor and cried in raw grief and pain. I was so finished with everything! I grabbed the sharpest rock I could find and drew the sharp edge firmly along my wrist. The pain that came from it wasn't even close to what I had already endured. So technically that became my routine: Go to school, be bullied by Harry and his crew, go to my cove and cut myself and then go home and be abused.

One day though, Harry and his crew chased me from the baseball diamond to my park. I didn't dare go to my cove so I hid i the woods until I was pretty sure they were gone. I sprinted to my cove and cut myself over and over until my arm was so bloody I couldn't see where I had already cut and were I hadn't. I went to cut myself again but I cut too deep and screamed in pain. All of a sudden there was a male voice behind me saying "What the bloody hell are you doing stupid!" I whipped around still gripping my bleeding arm to see Harry standing there, his face a mix of shock and rage. He rushed over to my side, took one look at my arm and ripped a piece of his shirt to bandage my arm. After he did that he hauled me to my feet and I stood there trembling, crying and bleeding. "Why the hell are you doing this?" he asked in such a quiet voice I had to strain to hear him. "None of your business" I spit at him. Wrong. Answer. One moment I was looking at him and the next I was bent over seeing flashes of light and pain and feeling his handprint on my face. "What the hell was that for?" I exclaimed at him." Because you're a retarded asshole!" he exploded at me between clenched teeth. Seeing him like this was too much because the next thing I knew I was on my knees crying and telling him EVERYTHING!!!!! I watched his face while I was telling him my story and his face went from red and angry to white and shocked to a tinge of green. When I finished I just sat there staring at the ground and suddenly I was in his arms and he was rocking me back and forth saying" I'm sorry, I'm sorry" over and over again. When he pulled back and looked me straight in the eyes and I saw he was crying. Looking into those soulful eyes bright with tears my heart melted and broke which cause fresh pain.

Suddenly I glanced at my watch and saw I should have been home 3 hours ago. I jumped up exclaiming "OMG my parents are going to KILL me, CRAP!!!" I sprinted out of my cove, unaware that Harry was following me. As I neared my driveway, I saw that both my parents were home. Crap I'm screwed. I slowed down as I walked through the door and saw both my parents already drunk, waiting for me. "Mom, Dad I'm so..." I never got to finish. My dad lifted the wooden spoon he was carrying a slapped me across the face. Hard. I fell to the ground, tasting blood. "Guys I'm really sorry!" I cried, "Please forgive me!" My mom kicked me in the stomach and I doubled over. "Why should we you ungrateful, ugly, stupid bastard!" she spit at me. Suddenly the doorbell rang. My dad cuffed me across the face and spit at me "We'll finish this later!" He then walked out of the kitchen to answer the door, leaving me on the floor bleeding and in pain. Although the kitchen wall prevented me from seeing who it was, I knew who it was the millisecond I heard them speak. That deep, raspy, British voice sent my heart pounding. "Hi my name is Harry and I was wondering if your daughter, Arianna, is here?" "Yeah, I'm here Harry" I replied, wincing at the pain that speaking sent through my body. He pushed past my dad I'm guessing since the next thing I knew he was standing at the doorway looking at me on the floor in pain. His face went bright red and I saw him begin to tremble in rage slightly. Abruptly he turned to face my parents and said in a very tight and clipped voice "I think I'll take Arianna now."

He gently helped me up and followed me upstairs and waited patiently while I had a shower and changed my clothes. We then walked downstairs past my parents, outside and down the street, with him holding my hand gently but firmly and didn't let go no matter how many times I tugged. Eventually I let out an exasperated sigh and he finally noticed. "Are you okay?" he asked with what I thought was fake concern in his voice. I finally exploded after hearing that. "Why do you pretend to care? Do you think I buy this bullcrap? Well guess what I DON"T!!" I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, completely spent. He was silent for so long that I looked up and saw he was looking at me like I was crazy. "Because I DO care" he said sounding confused. I opened my mouth to protest and suddenly his lips were on mine. At first I stiffened but then I started to kiss him back. I was on overload. OMG I'm kissing HARRY STYLES!!! After a bit he gently but reluctantly pulled back. "Was that enough proof" he said in a teasing tone. "Oh I don't know, I might need more proof" I said teasingly back. He winked at me and my heart and knees melted like chocolate fondue. We stopped in front of his house and before we went inside he stopped and said to me with tons of sincerity, while looking me straight in the eyes "You know Arianna, you can come here whenever." My eyes filled up with tears and he noticed, pulling back with an alarmed and concerned look on his face. "It's okay, they are happy tears" I reassured him.

He smiled his winning smile and led me inside. Inside I was met with quizzical looks from Zayn, Niall, Liam and Louis. Harry just shook his head at them and took me upstairs to his room. There he bandaged and iced my wounds. We were just sitting there when Zayn called from downstairs "Harry, Julia is here to see you." Harry and I just looked at each other knowing how bad this could turn out. I went to hide but he took my hand at held it firmly and whispered "stay..." I heard Julia walk up the stairs, down the hall and straight to Harry's room. I held my breath and then the door burst open and there Julia stood in a VERY short dress? It looked like a long shirt. She opened her mouth to say something and that's when she noticed me. At first she looked confused, then angry and that's when she noticed we were holding hands and she looked furious! "What do you think you're doing? Huh? He's mine so go get your own! Oh wait, you can't cause your too damn ugly you..." "She did" Harry's voice cut in coldly. "Oh really? Who? Her father?" taunted Julia. "No.Me" said Harry casually as if he was commenting on the weather. She opened her mouth to throw another insult at me when Harry said to Julia "If you'll please leave since you're not welcome here anymore." She stared at him and then glared at me and gave me the finger. I let go of Harry's hand, walked over to her and slapped her across the face. She looked like a ugly-ass baby birdie with her mouth hanging open and then she twirled on her heels and stalked all the way downstairs and slammed the door behind her so hard that the windows rattled. Harry looked at me and asked me the most beautiful words I had ever heard "Will you go out with me?" "Of course Harry! What kind of question is that?!" I exclaimed.

After that everything got so much better. I hung out with my new best friends: Zayn, Liam, Niall and Louis and my boyfriend.. HARRY STYLES!!! I never went back to my old house except to get my things and I moved in with Harry. I have never felt so safe in my life and loved. I stopped cutting and never again did the thought of suicide or to continue cutting come to my mind!