Alien Desolation | Teen Ink

Alien Desolation

By Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina

I am an artist bound only for the poet's glory....But only achieve half of the success that my dreams aspire to find, And to what do the whispers tell me of this failure...To what end to they haunt my nightmares...my eternal dark dreams...

It is a fine ship made of only the finest steels and metals, it was crafted to perfection with each and every one of the bolts and scraps falling together in a refined manner the U.S.S Almayer, I boarded the ship yesterday morning; the crew was nice as was Mr. Weyland. I must inquire on Mr. Weyland who was an interesting chap, I truly must say...He was one of those fellows you only meet once in a lifetime and although he was interesting...I must say he had a certain veil of mystery cloaking him. I was mainly there due to one of my subordinates needing my assistance on board the O.S.S (Orbital Space Station) Gutenberg. I proceeded to the loading docks, where Mr. Webber was waiting on my arrival. He was an associate of mine in my old job, On board the U.S.S Lagoon during the early operations of Linna 349. (With the damn Bugboys.) Once in the loading docks he greeted me warmly, well warm enough I suppose. “Hello again Mr. Ross fine day to be aboard one of Weylands finest ships, Is it not?”
Mr. Webber said to me with a whole hearted smile. “Yes I suppose Mr. Webber.” I said back smiling as well. “So then are you ready to set off Mr. Ross?” He asked me with a smirk, I could only smile back. “Yes I suppose Mr. Webber.” I spoke back with little haste, of course though who would feel hasty to get on the Gutenberg. Aside from the scientists who are always colorful characters there are assorted test subjects and clinical custodians. I followed Webber to the Betty where we would be flown to the Space Station. “Alright any firearms you have are to be taken at this point.” Webber told me with a slight smile knowing I don’t carry firearms on me anyhow. I mean I would, but normally station doctors don’t tend to carry those. “I have none on me Mr. Webber.” I gave him a smile back and we entered the Betty. “So what is the problem that I had to come here a week in advance?” I asked in bewilderment. “About one week ago, the Gutenberg sent a drone to BG-684...They found something…” He said with a lowered voice, and a slight rub to the chin. “And? What about it? Did it poke someone in the retina? Or brutally injure someone?” I asked with a slight sarcastic voice. “Yes...And no…” Webber continued. “One of the maintenance staff had his face attacked by a -” He stopped for a moment pausing...It seemed like he was in a subtle disbelief. “A what?” I asked curiously. “An Arachnid...Bigger than any other one I have ever seen...Little over three feet in length, but it had a tail...A long one, it wrapped the tail around the custodian’s neck. We attempted to remove it but it only wrapped tighter.”He said with a low tone as he looked out the window. “What do you want me to do? I am a Human Doctor, Not an arachnologist, not to mention why didn’t you just call the other doctor onboard?” I said stopping my sarcasm as I realized he was serious. “Doctor Ester? He went missing the day before...Or he took an early vacation without calling in a substitute, you were the closest thing to it in the vicinity, so here we are!” He said looking back at me with a slight smile. “What did your drone pick up on BG-684?” I asked in wonderment. “We did not know what it was but it was unlike any kind of molecular or geographical structure we've seen before, it was a small capsule...About two and half feet tall...It was a brownish color.” Webber said while He lit a cigar. “You should not smoke on board…” I said concerned a bit. “Ah, you sound just like the doctors back home eh?” He said with a slight laugh. “Anyhow go on.” I said with a glance out the window. “We brought it on board; it seemed like one of those moments where you think you just made an important scientific find...We brought it to the laboratory and stuffed it into a reinforced glass tube. It was fine until yesterday, which is when Mr. Davenport's day went south.” He said with a puff from the cigar. “The custodian?”I asked. “Quite, he was cleaning the room as we were taking a break. The cameras recorded it… The Capsule open...Into four pedals...Then the arachnid crawled out and...And used some sort of acidic spit, it broke the glass and then the being latched onto his face.” He said with another puff from the cigar. “That’s basically the sum of what happened...” He said while looking at me. “Where is the arachnid now?” I asked. “Dead and Locked in an examining tube.” He said to my own surprise. “Is Mr. Davenport alright?” I asked. “Well I suppose, he woke up saying he felt fine, but we like to get a medical examiner to check him out.” Webber said with some slight discomfort as he pulled out a radio. The radio was buzzing with several voices, they were yelling. “What's happening?” Webber said on the radio. “Davenport! It’s Davenport!” The voice on the other side yelled out. “He’s dead! A monster! A monster busted out his ribcage!” The voice continued and I eavesdropped. I was slightly shocked...Webber was speechless...As Was I, But even in my speechless shock I must say that I had my doubt about the rantings over the radio. I and Webber both were silent, the pilot spoke saying that we would be arriving soon, me and Webber buckled up and got ready to land. “Alright Mr. Ross, Welcome to my humble abode, The Orbital Space Station Gutenberg…” Webber spoke with a slightly happier.
: End File

We boarded the Gutenberg, and entered the cargo bay, we were very wary due to the radio message we received earlier. The air on the ship was morbid and the sounds of alarms flooded the halls. I and Webber walked up the stairs of the cargo bay. “What kind of sirens are those? Drill? Lockdown?” I questioned while picking up my pace. “Not quite sure, Sounds like lockdown; But the color of the lights are all wrong.” He said pointing at the flashing orange light. “They are supposed to be flashing red, At Least for lockdown.” He continued with a slight shrug. “Suppose we're bout to find out eh?” Webber said with a smile. We walked up to the Mess Hall, (G-Block/ Recreational Division.) Webber opened a cabinet and took two bags potato chips, He tossed me a bag, I then continued to open it and take a chip out. Webber sat down in one of the bar stools, I did as well. “Remember Linna?” Webber asked with a smirk, I looked back at him whilst chewing the chip. “Well if anyone would, it would be you...Mr.Webber.” I said back with a smile, we were getting off track but it was nice. “Yeah but those were the good days though.” He said with a mild chuckle while tossing a chip into his mouth. “If I recall correctly Mr. Webber you were a Grade C engineer who was constantly in the lower decks working on the sludge of the engines.” I said back to him, I could not help but laugh a tad bit. “Yeh but it was better to be a Grade C Engineer rather than a Grade D eh? Not to mention it is also better than being a Grade A station medical examiner with no work.” He replied in a smart-aleck response. “True. How is work going for you anyhow?” I asked while I ate one more chip. “Ah...Well it’s been good I mean nothing like Linna. I mean when we are not aiding in war...It is a lot more serene...It is a lot more...Quiet.” He said with a lowered tone while he looked at the hallway. A few moments after his last remark, we heard a loud hurdling scream from down the direction Webber was looking, it was a feminine scream. “What was that..?” I asked in with slight shock in my voice. “I don’t know...But it did not sound good.” Webber replied, we both listened...The sirens remained on so we could not make out quieter sounds... I got up off the chair I was sitting in, as did Webber. “We should go see if the person is alright...” I said with minimal confidence in my voice. “I’d prefer not too...But we must go that way anyhow.” He said with a slight pitch in his voice. “Alright...I guess I will lead then.” I said with a bit cowardice. “Right behind yeh Mr. Ross.” He said while grabbing broom. “What the hell is that for?” I asked in bewilderment...Due to his choice of weaponry... “Never know...Might just be a big-ass rat.” He replied, I smirked at his comment. We then walked down the hallway the sirens got lower in pitch; the flashes slowed their pace as well. I then looked ahead about twelve feet and then I saw it...It was the women...She was dead... I walked up to her, she had several lacerations in her torso...They resembled claw marks. Her head had one wound which looked slightly like a bullet hole of sorts...But the tissues looked rugged...Like something was pushed in...But then pulled out. “What the hell...” Webber said while he walked closer to the body I was examining. “What the f***! She’s dead! Are those scratches?! There’s a fucking rabid animal on this ship?!” Webber continued ranting about...Clearly he was in fright. “Calm down Mr. Webber...If there is an animal aboard...And if it is hunting...Probably a better Idea not to give our location away eh?” I said with a calm veil, I was trying my best to remain calm… One of us had too. I looked down and saw a welding torch, I picked it up. “This might come in handy...Here take it Mr. Webber.” I said handing him the torch, He took it with slight haste, still he was frightened...One could tell by his palms in which were sweating as was his forehead. “Look whatever did this...Did not do it out of an act of hunger-” I began to say until Webber interrupted. “How the hell do you know?” He said with a raise in his voice, I put my finger to my mouth, Gesturing for him to be quiet. “Because...If it was hunger...Then it would have fed on the poor soul, But it just mauled and maimed the girl.” I said whilst whispering. Webber turned away from me and stared at the corpse. “I suppose you're right…” He said with a low...Very low tone. “Alright we need to find the stations crew.” I said with minimal confidence, I got up off my knees and looked down the hallway; I began walking down the hall, Webber followed at a distance. The sirens eventually silenced and ceased to flash. The hallways were dark… They were silent. It felt almost as the silence was whispering insidious natures into the soul… I am glad Webber is an Engineer...In times like these engineers are handy. Webber took out a small flashlight and gave it to me; I continued to guide the way. I did wonder why it was dark, I turned to Webber. “Why do you suppose the power is out?” I asked curiously. “Power on the ship is fried...” He said with a soft voice. “How do you know?” I asked. “The sirens were the warning alarms for when the power is on low resource. When they go out, as does the power.” He said as he looked down the hallway, he kept the broom faced outwards like a spear as he walked. We continued on down the hallway towards the medical lab. After countless intersections, lobbies and other halls we finally found our way to the medical lab, Webber was a bit restored from his previous fright. I looked at the door, to my disappointment the door was jammed, but luckily it was partly open. I flashed the light around on the other side of the door, I saw a rusty crowbar. I continued to grab it, and when I did I swear...I swear I saw something run around the intersection of the hall we were in... I went back to grabbing the crowbar; I laid my fingers on it. I felt an odd residue on my fingers once I did so, I then put the light on my finger, the residue was a crimson liquid...It was blood. I then pointed the flashlight up. There was a dead man lying on the ground with the same lacerations that the poor girl had. I grabbed the crowbar swiftly then put it up in front of me. “Did you see that?” I asked Webber in fright regarding the critter I saw. “Yeh...Probably was just a rat though, hurried up Ross I do not want to end up like that poor girl.” He said, honestly I was a tad bit shocked he did not keep it formal. (Oh well had to end sometime am I right?) “Yes...Yes I am going as fast as I can.” I said while beginning to pry the door open with the crowbar. I kept the flashlight on the door with my mouth. I finally got the door opened and we entered, we looked at the body. We both remained speechless, I walked past and entered. We gathered some medical supplies; Then Webber showed me where Mr. Davenport was being kept with the arachnid. We entered and I looked at the body of Mr. Davenport, His wounds were different… “Your colleague said that a “Monster” Exited Mr. Davenport’s stomach correct?” I looked at the body, examining the wound. “Correct...” He replied. “I don’t believe in Monsters...But something did exit the torso...Due to the ribcage being bent outwards…” I stopped examining the wound. Webber looked at me in an odd manner. “Don’t believe in monsters? Pfft…” He said sarcastically, I gave him a glare in return. “No...Why should I?” I said back with a smirk, He then realized I was serious. “Have you not been keeping up with current events? We are being killed off! Whatever this thing is, it wants to kill us!?” Webber began to rant psychotically. “Calm Down Webber! We must collect ourselves...Then we can figure this out...Alright?” I said as calm as I could in the situation we were in. “Calm down? Collect ourselves?! I am perfectly f*ing calm! Just f*ing Dandy! I am Fuc-” Webber’s rant was interrupted by the sound of a gunshot. Webber was speechless, I was as well. We then looked at each other and ran towards the direction from which the gunshot came from. We ran down the hallway, we saw a small girl. She was looking at the direction in which we were running in. She then turned around and pointed a small handgun at us, her face was pale...Her expression...I mean it was not a sight for sore eyes. She looked about eleven and she was wearing a red skirt and a pink polka dotted shirt. “Hands up!” She said quite quickly, her hands were shaky. We did as she said of course; Webber dropped the broom that he had been carrying. I kept the flashlight in my hand... “Who are you? How did you get here! What the hell is that thing!?” She said still very fast and in a very frightened tone. “I am Doctor Elliot Ross...You can just Call me Elliot...I was Aboard the Almayer...Its okay...We are friends.” I said in a slightly frightened voice myself. “And him!?” She looked at Webber. “I am Paul Webber...Station Engineer…” He said a bit frightened. “What’s your name?” I asked trying to calm her down; she turned back to me still shaking. “Elena...Elena Deanery.” She said calming down a bit. “Well it’s a pleasure to meet you Elena, Are you parents around here?” I asked stepping a bit closer. “No…” She said in a mournful tone. “Where are they? Maybe we can go find them eh?” I said back. “No...They are dead...” She said in a very quiet voice. “The Monster took them.” She continued on. “There is no such thing as monsters Elena” I said back lightly taking the gun. “Yes there is…You just have not seen it yet...And when you do see it... It will kill you...It likes to do that…” she spoke with such a grim sorrow filled tone. I turned and looked at Webber; he gave me the same look. One might call it a look of shock and I suppose we were, it is shocking to see a child speak with no sense of life, no sense of hope. I looked at the gun; it was a VP78 Service pistol, a semi-automatic three round burst, typically a Marine weapon. "Where did you get this Elena?" I asked her. "My dad gave it to me, and then told me to run." She said in a low pitch, Webber looked at the handgun. "Her dad was a station guard." He said to me while still looking at the gun. "How do you know?" I asked him. "Well most station guards were issued standard VP78's." He replied. Elena looked back at the hallway. "The monster is watching us." She said as she pointed at what looked like a pipe that had a slight reflection of light. I looked at it, I really didn't see anything, but I grabbed Elena's shoulder and the. Pointed at the hallway, I pointed at the sign which said control room on it. "We should get to the control room; best chances are that we will find others there." I said looking back at Webber and Elena. "Alright, sound good enough." Webber replied, Elena simply nodded. We walked down the corridor, Webber kept the torch out. (Welding torch.) I kept out the pistol and the flashlight; we drudged on until we reached the door of the control room. I pressed the button and an intercom came on. “Hello I am S.A unit 50983, but you may call me Udesky." The voice said with such an emotionless tone. “Please Identify Yourself.” The voice continued. “I am Doctor Elliot Ross from the U.S.S Almayer, This is Station Engineer Paul Webber and that is Elena Deanery Civilian of The O.S.S Gutenberg.” I said back. The door opened a few moments later, the three of us walked in. We saw four others, one was a tall man who was wearing an operator’s uniform, the other was what looked like a Station guard, then there was the Captain...Captain Garcia, and finally there was the Synthetic aboard. The synthetic show us to the room where they have been taking refuge, He gave us Heated Blankets and a few flattened pillows. “Get some rest, and then we will discuss the situation when you all awake.” Udesky said with a slight smile and walked out. It’s not that I dislike androids...But the way that they make the “Artificial Persons...” so...Human like...Is just simply… Horrific. I tucked myself into bed as did the other two, and we slept. It was a good sleep.
: End File

I awoke to Webber kicking my shoulder; I gave him a slight glare. “Already?” I said in such a groggy tone. “Apparently...” He replied while looking at the door. I got up and put on my clothing, and then we walked out to the main control room. Elena and the four others were waiting patiently for us. “So this is the Doctor that was supposed to be here a day ago?” Said the man in the Operators uniform. “Shut it Pete, Ain’t their fault they got so tied up. Right Doc?” The station guard said to the man in operator’s uniform. (At which point I learned his name) “I did not realize that we were late…” I said while looking at Webber. “I didn’t either.” Webber said while looking at me then to the station guard. “I propose it was due to the lack of power we have aboard, Most likely weakened the signal, either that or there was an interference that delayed the signal from its initial transmission time.” Udesky said while rubbing his chin. “We sent the message two days ago, you boarded approximately 14 hours ago.” Udesky continued saying. “How do you know when we boarded?” Webber asked curiously. “I saw the Cargo Doors open, and then recorded the time.” Udesky replied, and then the Captain walked up. “Alright enough chit chat, we got zero internal power, and all of our weapons are either crap or low on ammunition.” Captain Garcia said with slight Irritation. “So what’s the plan then?” The station guard asked. “Well Clemens...First we need power, then If we can manage to even get the internal power back on we may be able to get the cameras, lights, food dispensers and automatic door locks flowing. Once done with that we could go to the Station Armory, Gear up with whatever minimal supply they have, Perhaps then we might have a chance.” Garcia said with a slight laugh. “Why have ya’ll not tried to kill it yet?” Webber asked. “We have...Didn't turn out to well...” The station guard (Now known as Clemens.) replied with a distasteful tone. “How so?” I asked. “Well given that we are low on ammo...And that all we got is a few VP78’s and an incinerator unit and two ZX-76 Shottys.” He said with a slightly lower pitch than before. “That should be enough.” I said with slight agitation. “I thought it would have been as well, I was wrong...When the well as Udesky likes to call it...The Specimen... Came into our sights, me and my team fired upon it; we hit it. Its blood fell onto one of my subordinates...His face...His face it began to burn. He died screaming, then the creature circled around and it stuck its tail into another station guard’s chest. That is when I ran.” His voice lowered even more, I dropped the subject. “So, how do we get the power back on?” Pete asked, he seemed slightly scared by Clemens’s story. “Someone must repair the main generator or activate the backup systems which should have come on manually, but there was probably some sort of interference.” Webber said with slight hesitation knowing he was the only mechanic in the room. “Can you do it?” Captain Garcia asked. “Yes, I can but I do not want too…” He said very low like. “Well you ain’t got a choice! We ain't dying on this damn ship you Selfish piece of s***!” Pete hollered out rudely. “Shut up Pete!” Clemens and Garcia said simultaneously. “You don’t got to go if you don’t want too...I would not send any man out there unwillingly after the s*** that’s been going down.” Captain Garcia said. “Its okay Cap’t I am the only engineer here, and sure I am a Grade C Engineer…” He paused and gave me a slight smirk. “But I am the only one here who can get the job done.” He continued. “Good man! Hurry up! Tallyho! Out you go! Close the door behind yeh!” Pete interrupted again, Webber only glared back. “Here take these…” Clemens handed Webber a VP78, a Miniature version Of the M314 Motion Tracker, and a cutting torch. He holstered all of the gear onto his belt. I handed him the flashlight I picked up earlier of the dead girl. “This will come in handy eh?” I said with a smile. “Yeh…” He replied mournfully. “Oh take this; it is an L.S.HD3-Recorder.” Udesky said while bringing out a small little chip about the size of the pupil. “How does it work?” Webber asked. “Here let me install it...” Udesky said while taking the chip and placing it in his pupil, of course Webber scowled from discomfort. Elena went into the other room, not wanting to see Webber leave. “One more thing...” Captain Garcia said while handing Webber a Handheld Radio, Webber took it and nodded slightly. “Fix the power...And haul your ass back here.” Captain Garcia said to Webber. “Yes sir...” Webber replied while walking towards the door. “Good luck…” Clemens said as Webber went out the door, Udesky took out a small device. “What's that?” Pete asked in a nosey tone. “Remember the L.S.HD3 that I gave Webber?” Udesky responded not looking at Pete. “Yeh what bout it?” Pete asked. “Well this is the thing that will allow us to see through his eyes.” Udesky replied whilst configuring the module. The Module turned on with a flashing green light, and then the screen powered on and showed what Webber was seeing. “Mr. Ross would you be so kind to hand me the schematics to the station? It is on the table in the next room.” Udesky said while taking the handheld radio from The Cap’t “Mr. Webber? Can you hear me?” Udesky asked, as I left the room. I then continued to grab the schematics, once I obtained them I brought them out to Udesky. “Here” I said to Udesky while I handed him the Schematics. He took them and opened them up. “Mr. Webber is the audio clear?” Udesky asked over the radio. “Yes, all clear.” Webber replied, His line seemed a bit static filled. “Now...Mr. Webber Look up.” Udesky said while looking at the schematic. Webber did as told. “Do you see the Red pipe? It should be connecting with a yellow one.” Udesky said. “Yeh I see it.” Webber responded. “Alright follow that...It should lead to the generators.” Udesky said with a slight cough as he guided Webber. We all gazed and stared into Udesky’s little device, It felt as though we were watching a horror movie… “Alright I am at the door to the generator maintenance room.” Webber said on the other line while he opened the door and flashed the light around inside. He began walking to the main generator, Webber then slipped. We all got up out of our chairs but then sat back down when we realized he just slipped...We slightly laughed due to our worrying over nothing. “What the hell?” Webber said as he looked down, He rubbed his finger across a slimy residue. “What is this stuff?” He asked showing it to us. “I am not quite sure, just forget about it and continue to the generator.” Udesky said with a slight discomfort in his voice. “Yeh...Alright...” Webber replied and walked towards the generator. Webber went to the mainframe box, he opened the panel then he continued to press a few buttons. After he pressed all the buttons that were necessary, he pumped the lever, He pulled it down once...Then twice...Then once more... then he pushed the power button. The power went on...Then Webber got knocked to his feet from an electrical surge. “Alright, were getting somewhere...” He said while getting up. “Are you almost done?” Udesky asked. “Almost...” He said while walking over to a fuse box attached to the generator, He flashed his light onto it. “Oh...My.” Webber said in shock... which he had good reason to be. There was a claw mark on the fuse box, the power outage was not a freak accident...It was an intelligent act… We all remained silent...Webber was silent as well... Webber continued to the backup generator, luckily that remained intact. He opened the fuse box. Then he turned on the emergency switch, and then he turned the lever from off to on. Immediately the power came on, the lights, cameras, everything was working. We all cheered happily, Elena came out and smiled, Udesky and Pete left the room. “The power is back on!” Elena yelled out with glee. Captain Garcia took the radio. “Alright good job son...Now get your butt back to here.” He said with a smile. “Alright Cap’t!” He said with a cheerful voice. Webber turned around to horror… I looked on the camera...we all saw… There were bodies strapped to the wall… By some sort of Thick...Black...Resin... The people looked as though they were cocooned… “Get outta there boy!” Captain Garcia Yelled. Webber didn’t even reply he just ran to the door, He opened the door...He opened the door...Revealing the “Monster…” it had a Smooth like head...and dorsal tubes on its rear backside. It revealed a Barb tipped tail as it grabbed Webber...It lifted him up...And opened its mouth... It had teeth like miniature knives...When it opened its mouth it revealed an inner mouth with another set of razor sharp jaws. Webber looked down and grabbed his cutting torch; he then pointed at the being and lit it up. The creature hissed and let him go; we all gazed in horror and suspense... “Run! Run!” Elena said simultaneously with The Captain. Webber ran down the hallway and looked back with the flashlight...We saw a quick glimpse of the creature pursuing Webber, he then entered an intersection. He looked back; the creature was no longer chasing him. He pulled out the motion tracker, and pointed in each direction, the screen was cracked a bit but the audio still worked. A beeping sound was dim...But it began to sound louder...And louder... Webber panicked a bit. He dropped the torch and took out the small pistol. Webber looked around; he began shooting at each direction. “Get away! Not me damnit!” He yelled. “Get out of there now!” I yelled into the radio. Webber fired the weapon continuously until it clicked, he kept trying to shoot but it was out of ammunitions. I then heard a soul hurdling hissing sound from above him...Webber heard as well...When Webber looked up it was there..In the vent above him… And as soon as we saw the creature...It stuck it’s barbed tail into Webber’s chest...Impaling his lower stomach...Right around the intestine region. Webber looked down upon the tail as the creature lifted him up...He coughed blood onto himself as he looked at the gash in his chest, a bit of his intestines began to spill.. He then looked back at the creature; the monstrous being raised him up to eye level it opened it’s mouth and once more revealed the smaller mouth...The mouth then bit into Webbers head...And the camera turned to a crimson shade…as the blood poured over Webber’s eye sockets... We all were filled with a horrified silence… “Is-....Is he? Is he-” Elena began to stutter...I simply nodded, Still utterly speechless... Udesky and Pete came back into the room, they looked at us. They could tell what just happened. “The creature got him...” I said with a mourn some tone. Udesky remained silent; But Pete grew a smile a slight smile. “Better him than us eh?” Pete then said smirking slightly; I felt anger at the statement…Pure Rage… But it was not the time for ill-tempered actions. “He might have just saved everyone on this ship and that is what you say?” Captain Garcia said to the remark with a bitter scowl. “Yeh...At Least we're alive...” Pete continued. Clemens remained silent...Probably trying to collect himself due to the current events...Udesky remained silent. I showed myself out and went into the next room to get a glass of water, Elena came with me. “Sorry bout your friend.” Elena said to me whilst taking a seat. I looked back and smiled slightly. “He was a good man; there was nothing we could have done.” I said back to her. “So what’s next?” Elena asked, I looked back then I looked at the door. “I am not quite sure...” I said while walking up to the door and walking back into the main room. Elena followed close behind, seemingly attaching to me. “Alright Clemens, the Armory should have some supply right?” Captain Garcia asked Clemens. “Yes Sir, Yes sir...At least it should unless civilians stole anything.” Clemens said back with a slight smile. “Alright then, Me, Clemens and Udesky are going to head to the armory and retrieve whatever firearms or weapons are left.” Captain Garcia said with newly found confidence. “Do we even have a backup plan here? I mean what if the power goes out again, Not that I am doubting Mr. Webber’s skills as a Engineer, But The Creature took out the power, I say we should find an escape route.” Udesky said with doubt in his voice. “Yeh true…” Pete agreed with a low tone. “Fine...Alright Me, Clemens and Udesky are still going to the Armory, while we do so... You three go check and see if the emergency escape shuttle is functional.” Captain Garcia said to us. I took a flashlight and Webbers old welding torch. “Ehm...He left it.” I said to myself quietly, I took it and walked out with the Pete and the others. Elena followed me closely. “So meet back here?” I asked, Captain Garcia turned around and looked at me. “Yeh...Good a spot as any.” He replied as he walked off with Udesky and Clemens.
End file:

Me, Elena and Pete walked to the shuttle docks cautiously, we walked with such fear… Knowing there was still a killer...That could be near us, Stalking...Hunting...Preparing...Quite terrifying to think about. Can’t imagine to have been in Webber’s situation when he was doing it...I mean he was alone... “So...What will ya’ll do when you get off this cramped pile of scrap?” Pete asked trying to break the cold silence. “Go home, Wife and kids waiting on me…?” I said back with a smile from the memory. “Oh Family man eh? I got a boy back home.” Pete said back. “Wife?” I asked. “Divorcee.” He replied. “Rough life...” I replied with a laugh. “Tell me about it.” He said back with a smile. “Eh girl what you going to do when you get outta this joint?” He turned to Elena. “Don’t…” I whispered to him, I suppose he did not hear me. “Were not going to make it off….” She said mournfully. “Were going to die here.” She continued dreadingly. We both looked at her for a moment then continued walking...Back in silence. The hall ahead of us was dark; I took out the flashlight and walked towards it. The others followed me; I shined the flashlight on where the lights would have been, it looked as though something hit them out. We continued into the room where the shuttle was, it looked operational. Pete went inside to take a look at the systems module. We stood outside of the shuttle and waited for him. Pete exited the shuttle moments later. “All systems are in order all we need to do is just get everyone here.” Pete said happily. He looked at Elena “Miss Pessimicity over here was wrong.” He said with a Glee-filled smirk. Elena looked the other way. I walked up the stairs and Elena followed. Pete looked at us. “What the hell did I do this time?” He hollered as we walked, I turned around and saw him picking up a wrench and getting ready to walk up the stairs. “F*ing Pricks….” He said in a low tone. I then turned around once at the top to see the creature climbing down the wall from behind Pete. “Pete run!” I yelled out. “Why the hell would I run up the damn forsaken stairs...I swear this place needed an elevator.” He said unaware of the danger, still walking up the staircase. “No Run! It is behind you Idiot!” I hollered. He then paused and slowly turned around. (Idiotic move in itself entirely.) He then began to hyperventilate upon the sight of the creature, He tried stepping back towards us but he tripped and plummeted down the staircase. The Monster faced us with it’s elongated, cylindrical skull...It then faced Pete...And with a swift motion it sprinted down the stairs on all four legs. One could clearly see the rib cage of the creature, yet it had muscle in it’s arms and legs, although appearance would fool a man. I grabbed Elena’s hand and we ran towards the door. “AHHH! Gah! Help! Help me!! Aggh!” Is all we heard as we closed the door behind us. I picked Elena up and continued to run, we ran the way we came from, only to find that the main doors to the control center were locked down. “Just damn great…” I mumbled to myself. Elena looked up at me. “So what now?” She asked curiously. I looked down at her, “We go to the Armory…” I replied back to her. I dropped her down only once I felt as though we got to a safe distance. She continued to hold my hand out of her own fear, which I was fine with. We heard gunshots up ahead around F-Block (Firearms Division.) I told Elena to wait there and I would only be a moment, she replied with a nod. The hall way was damp and dark like in the shuttle docks; it reeked of death in there. I walked cautiously and kept a flashlight in one hand and the welding torch in the other. (Though what good would do against armed personal?) I walked closer then I saw the body of what looked like a civilian who died holding a VP78. I took the firearm and continued walking, I saw several other bodies. The three of them looked civilians as well; they all died by what looked like gun shots. The Gun tips were still hot, the incident happened recently. I picked up an Incinerator unit of one of the corpses, Standard M260 Flamethrower, Good one as well. Efficient Ignition fuel and an alternate fire and short round burst flame sprayer. I took one of the corpses and took a belt, then tied the flashlight to the Incinerator. I kept my finger on the weapons trigger as I walked down the hall and into the armory. I turned the corner to see Clemens alone and a body on the ground; with further examination I realized it was another Station guard. “Clemens?” I said in a very low tone. He got startled and raised his handgun at me. I could see down the barrel, it put chills down my spine. His eyes were demented… Not in appearance but in expression. “I didn’t want to...” He said in a low pitch voice, His hand was a bit wobbly. “Didn’t want to what?” I said as If I did not know already. “I didn’t want to kill him!” He hollered loudly. “But they fired at me! I didn’t want to die! I didn’t want to die man! I don’t want to die man!” He rambled loudly. “Its...Okay Clemens...I believe you...” I said calmly, His hand still wobbled. “You do?” He asked, I then nodded. “Wait you only killed him?” I asked, regarding the others in the hall, He just nodded back. “They were dead when I got here, helluva shoot out...Glad I missed the main event.” He said. “Where are Garcia and Udesky?” I asked him with a slight hunch as I slugged the Incinerators handle over my shoulder. “We got split up when the explosion went off.” He said with a low tone. “What explosion?” I asked curiously. “You didn’t feel it? It happened in E-Block.” He asked, His hand stopped wobbling and he put the gun away. “No...No I did not.” I replied. “Where’s Pete?” He asked looking behind me. I looked at the ground. “The thing...It took him...” I said in a morbid voice. “And the little girl?” He continued to ask hammering me with questions. “Right here!” Elena said as she ran in, She ran behind us. “I told you to stay put...” I said to her in a stern tone while looking at Elena. “I was! But then the monster began hissing!” She yelled in fear. “It didn’t notice me, I was hiding in the air duct, but I saw it! The monster took the dead bodies!” She went on in a fearful tone. “I am glad you’re safe…” I said back in slight relief. “Run! Get the incinerator! Where the hel...-..” Voices chattered on the other line of Clemens's radio. “Udesky get back! Ge-” The voice sounded like Captain Garcia but it there was too much static to be sure. After a few moments of silence there was a sudden screech, or a wailing sound as one might describe. “Ge..-.. The Gates! Udes...-... Open the damn doors! …-...esky! Ude...-...Le...-!” They began hollering again, we listened to them. One could hear the use of the Incinerator increasingly being sprayed. “Cap’t? You there? It’s Clemens! “ Clemens spoke into the handheld radio. “Clemens! Hau...- ...Your ass dow...- ...B-Block! Holy S*** Agg...-...gghh” Garcia said with static disrupting his voice, at the end of the last transmission sounded more like a scream for help... “Let’s go!” Clemens said while sprinting out the door and down the hall, I grabbed Elena’s hand and ran as well. We ran to B-Block there was synthetic blood on the ground, metallic white residue, But There was also human blood as well... Oddly...There was something that burned through the floor. (Luckily it was the highest level out of all the floors in the station.) Clemens led carrying his ZX-76 Pump shotgun; I followed with my incinerator unit. Clemens let Elena carry the motion tracker, probably to make her feel helpful...Or give her some task to become helpful... Either way is fine. We followed the blood, presuming that it would lead to the bodies. We followed it until we reached the scientific study hall. “Clemens are you in here?” The room still had two lights but one was dangling by a cord, and the other was already on the ground. “Clemens?” A low almost silent whisper spoke out of the dark corner from our left side. We looked in the direction. “Cap’t?” Clemens ran over to the captain, He was holding his chest, blood oozed out of the wound under his hand. “Ross get your ass over here now!” Clemens said very demandingly, I did as told and rushed over. “Your a doc right?” He asked...His eyes were breaking up, He was close to crying. “I can try...But the wound is way too close to his vital organs, and I do not have the proper equipment to do a safe surgery on him.” I replied while looking at the captain. “Listen boy, I don’t need any damn surgery! I am going to be alright! The damn thing snuck up behind me....” Garcia said with a weak voice. “Just get outta here before it comes back!” Garcia said with a weak gasp for breath. “Cap’t I ain’t leaven you.” Clemens said. I put my hand on Clemens’s shoulder. “Go...get to...the shuttle.” Garcia said with one last breath, then he laid his head back and stopped breathing...His eyes remained opened, but he was dead...Clemens broke into tears. “There's nothing that can be done, but we need to go now.” I said while looking at the cap’t “Fine fine! Just give me a damn minute!” He hollered out, me and Elena left the room. “Is he going to be okay Elliot?” Elena asked me wiping her own face. “Yeh...He will.” I said back. Shortly Clemens came out. “You heard him...We haul ass to the shuttle…” Clemens said. “What about Udesky?” I asked curiously. “F*** Udesky he was ready to leave Garcia to die! And he did.” Clemens said in rage. “No reason to leave any man.on this station with that thing.” I said. “He ain't a man...He a f*ng robot!” Clemens said with immense anger. “Were not leaving him.” I said sternly, refusing to be so immoral. “F*** you I am getting too damn shuttle!” He said with his voice raised even higher. I reached out for his shoulder; Clemens then turned around and pointed his ZX-76 at me. “F*** off man! I am getting the f*** outta here.” He said while backing up while still pointing the gun at us. “Are we going to die Ross?” Elena asked, I looked down at her. “Not here.” I said. I un-holstered my incinerator unit and walked down the hall, Elena walked right beside me ever close. We followed the synthetic blood trail, all the way back to the medical lab; that is where we found Udesky on the floor holding a Medikit. He looked down at us, then back at the ceiling. “Udesky what happened..?” I asked looking at the lacerations in his upper chest. “It was beautiful...It was like a dragon...But cold...Souless...Primal...” He said in a sort of...Rant... “What Happened?” Elena yelled, I looked at her in slight shock. “It came out of the vents...It ran at us with such grace...With such speed...With such...Power…I could only stand in awe of its presence..” Udesky said. “I tried to help the captain by taking one of the creature’s tail swipes, but it was too fast...As soon as we opened the door...It stabbed Garcia and then clawed my chest. I ran to get Garcia a Medikit…and now I am here…” Udesky finished. “Can you move?” Elena asked curiously. “If I could dear girl...I would not be in this room right now.” Udesky responded groggily. “Why not?” I asked. “My circulatory fluids are low, in which is destabilizing my basic controls and functions.” He replied, I took the Liquid Gelatin in the medical cabinet and poured it down his throat. He slowly got up onto his feet, and stretched. “I am surprised that worked.” I said to myself. “Me too.” Udesky said. “Is the captain still in the scientific studies?” Udesky asked. “Yeh.But the medikit won’t do any good.” I said back. Udesky realized what I meant and put the medikit onto the counter. We then silently left the medical lab. “So is the shuttle functional?” Udesky asked. “Yeh.” I said so simply. We walked down the hallway, past the carnage. Once we reached the Emergency shuttle docks, we walked down the stairs ever so cautiously. I realized Clemens did not take off yet, I admit this filled me with mixed feelings. I saw a trail of blood leading to one of the vents...But no way of telling whether or not it was Pete or Clemens, The three of us gave each other looks of discomfort...I heard a slight hissing sound above us..I looked up to see the “Soulless Dragon” Udesky spoke of... “Udesky go turn the power on...” I said in a whisper. “Elena go with him.” I said in another whisper. They nodded and went aboard. As for me...I stared into the black abyss that the creature had as a face...It was transparent...I felt as though I could see a skull underneath.But the the Mouth opened revealing the inner jaw, I stopped observing the creature and tilted my Incinerator upwards. I pulled on the trigger and the beast screeched in pain, I did not let go until I heard a scuffle on the roof top realizing it was no longer in front of me. I looked around, then at the fuel gauge. I was out of ignition fuel, in fear I pulled out the VP78 that I equipped earlier. The Beast snuck from behind me and knocked me off my feet, I fired off three shots, they all missed.I threw the pistol into the deluding darkness. I heard footsteps and growls...Hissing... They were getting closer...And closer...It was coming for me...Like it came for Webber...I reached for one of the maintenance tools, I grabbed a crowbar then put it into a defensive position. I sat there in the darkness and waited for it to strike; I could hear the hissing...The hissing was circling me… “You have Two Minutes Ross before we take off.” I heard Udesky say over the radio. I got up and began to walk to the shuttle… Then the beast Charged and prepared for the kill, I swung the crowbar across its head. The beast screamed and wailed in pain, It's blood melted into the flooring of the Shuttle docks… I then continued to sprint towards the shuttle in my one moment of freedom. I turned my head to see the creature get up and sprint towards me. It lunged into the air and pounced upon me, my arms were weak compared to the raw strength of the beast, and I thought for sure this was my demise...My horrid reckoning… I did not want to think such dreadful thoughts but It was all I could think about whilst the creature opened it’s mouth revealing the inner jaw. I lifted my crowbar and shoved it into the mouth of the monster; the beast then began thrash around. The creature took the crowbar out with its claws and then wrapped its serpent like tail around me. It began to constrict me, I could hear my bones being crushed as I breathed what little bit of air I could muster. I tried to hit the creature, but little did it bother the beasts hard chitin like skin…I then began to feel my heart going faster...And faster… It was the pure fear of death that was causing this...I was scared of death... (I...Still am.) “Guess who’s still alive you piece of s***!” I heard as the beast almost finished constricting the life out of me...The creature turned its head, then I saw Clemens holding his ZX-76 shotgun…Clemens was injured, His face was scared probably from a release of pressurized air hitting his face, Or some sort of burn, His clothes were also scorched. Clemens then continued to fire one shot up at the roof of the deck. “Let’s go whatch ya got punk-ass E.T!” Clemens said with confidence, shooting another round up into the roof...Then another...The beast let me go, and I dropped lifelessly to the ground. Clemens fired a shot in the direction of the creature, skimming the hind leg of the beast then part of the shell pierced my leg. I yelled in pain due to the agonizing pain of the bullet, but I knew it couldn’t possibly be worse than what the creature would do if it got it’s hands on me. I crawled onto the Shuttle, when I looked back I saw the creature charging at Clemens. He attempted to fire off another round at the creature but a dreading click was the only thing that left the barrel, Clemens attempted to load another set of shells into the shotgun, but the creature pounced on him and thrashed his head against a rusty metal pipe. (Perhaps with not enough force to kill but Clemens most likely was going to die from the events that were going to come.) I Might have been able to do something for him...But fear of me being next forced my hand to leave him with the beast...I closed the hatch and left Clemens... I Limped to Udesky and Elena who were waiting in the pilots quarters. My shirt and pants were bloodied and I was in immense pain. I looked at them with tired eyes only to look at the front window as Udesky hit the ignition switch to launch the shuttle. I then took a seat in one of the chairs; Udesky came over to me and helped me fix my multiple injuries. “The bullet wound should be fine within a week or so...Should be a nice scar though, But the broken bones will still take time.” Udesky said while putting the medikit up. “Yeh I know, I am a Doctor…” I said back with a slight laugh. I rested my on the back of the chair and closed my eyes, Elena ran towards me and hopped up on my lap. “Are you okay now?” She said with happiness. I groaned due to the still aching leg and bones. “Yeh.” I replied trying to smile. “Where are we going?” She asked me with slight nervousness. “I...I don’t know yet, Perhaps try to hook back up with the U.S.S Almayer.” I said with an unsure voice. “Oh.” she replied. “At least we're safe eh?” I said with a smile. “Yeh…” She said with a smile while putting her head on my chest. “Udesky, There are only two cryotubes, Will you manage without?” I asked Udesky. “Of course Mr. Ross.” He replied with a slight smile of relief. “So how long until we reach another vessel you suppose Udesky?” I asked. “Well do to the Almayer being out of range on satellite at the moment, or any vessel it is hard to tell.” Udesky responded. “Alright I suppose, Come Elena lets go to sleep.” I said to her as I got up. “Okay I’ll try.” she responded to me as we walked together to the cryotubes, finally we would sleep...Sleep...And hopefully forget the nightmare we had just encountered.
: Record log
Closed.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

TeenInk.com/forums?act=post&topic_id=17&thread_id=80027&rand=0.6116951263975352#reply1897733 I'll put the rest of my cmmt on this forum.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

Alright. I promise it was excellent. I just get nitpicky when I see a lot of potential in something.(:

Thanks for getting to it, First I would like to say that weyland and webber are two different people. Second thanks for pointing out the errors. (Truly hard to find people who do so.) In the second chapter I only made doctor ross who is honestly just a doctor not a scientist and the engineer have small talk to show their reltionship.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

This comment isn't posting all the way... I meant to have like a whole other section. I'll try later.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

(Sorry about this mess)

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

Alien Desolation Cmmt: I told you I would get to it! (: I write my comments live btw so it may be kind of long. I apologize in advance. Ch 1 - Already love the chapter title. Pretty cool. If you're talking about how refined the ship is, I wouldn't use the word "scraps." That's kind of a nitpicky diction thing, but it makes a difference. Be careful with your grammar and punctuation inside dialogue. I know it might be something you might not want to focus on, but it's still necessary. Don't worry too much; it's a pretty ubiquitous problem. You also changed Webber/Weyland's name. Make sure your stuff is consistent. Again with the dialogue grammar... Here's an easy fix... Put your writing into more paragraphs, that is, separate it more just for the ease of the reader. I also feel the like the scientists would describe things in more detail than how they are. I understand if you're trying to make it easier for the reader, but you also have to make it realistic. Wow, I love the drama and intensity near the end. Really cool and it made me want to keep reading... Which I shall. Ch 2 - why would the scientists be making such small talk if everyone is dying??? I do like how casual the scientists are speaking. It makes it seem like it's not even scripted, like its a real conversation. I really like the description of the girls head wound. That was gruesome and awesome! Umm... I don't know anything about welding torches, but don't they need a cord to work? I might be wrong, but it's just a question of realism. "I kept the flashlight on the door with my mouth."

82northern said...
on May. 16 2014 at 11:41 am
82northern, Port Huron, Michigan

smile and everyone smiles back!
if it's a dark day make it a bright one!

good book its more than brilliant its fabulous

on May. 15 2014 at 11:37 am
Sunshine2420 SILVER, Unknown, Other

A smile hides everything.

Brilliant!

on May. 15 2014 at 11:04 am

Teen onk= *Teen Ink* Spelling error. 

Lightning_Wolf_Ryu SILVER, Belpre, Ohio

"God's Ready for you, are you ready for him?"

nice work 

HayatC. PLATINUM, Louisville, Kentucky

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

I thought this was very creative and exciting as well, nice job!

on May. 13 2014 at 8:27 am

The last sentance of the first chapter is supposed to end like -Webber spoke with a happier tone. - Teen onk screwed it up in the editing process. Thank you for reading.