Criminal Minds The lost Doctors | Teen Ink

Criminal Minds The lost Doctors

April 9, 2014
By silentauthor SILVER, New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
More by this author
silentauthor SILVER, New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
7 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Yes, I am A crime show nerd.


It was a warm August day in New Orleans, the leaves on the trees where in the beginning stages of changing. The side walks were scattered with young children walking to school. You could tell the difference between the older children from the younger ones, not only by their size but the younger ones were dragging the older ones along. Among the masses you see a little girl about five years old trying to get an older boy to move faster.
It was Crissy’s first ever day of school. Billy, Crissy’s older brother, was put in charge of making sure Crissy got to the right classroom. Billy was starting 4th grade and was not interested in having to escort his little five-year-old sister around. Billy only watched her until they were with in a block of the school. From then on Crissy had to look after herself. As Crissy walked onto the playground she was instantly pushed to the ground.

When Crissy finial got up the courage to look her attacker in the face, she saw a tall blond haired girl who looked to be about Billy’s age. By the look in her eyes Crissy thought it would be best if she would run and try to find Miss Smith, her teacher who she met a few days earlier. Though as soon as she got up, the girl kept looking at her and yelling things at Crissy that she couldn’t understand.

As Crissy went to run the girl ripped off her brand new T-shirt and before Crissy could do any thing all she had on was her book bag. When all the other children went inside to start their first day of school, Crissy was so scared that she just hid behind a bush. It was a good forty-five minutes after the bell rang that her nabor Mrs. Swartley came outside and saw Crissy’s book bag behind the bush. As Mrs. Swartley came closer Crissy pulled her book bag up to cover herself.
When Crissy saw Mrs. Swartley looking down at her, Crissy wasn’t sure what to think let alone what to say. Then without saying anything Mrs. Swartley took off her blazer and handed it to Crissy, once Crissy had it on, Mrs. Swartley grabbed her book bag and lead Crissy inside. The hallway was bright and light up. The floor was all but shinny enough that Crissy could see herself in it.
Once they were inside Mrs. Swartley led her to a closet full of closes in all sizes. There where so many colors some looked like they could almost fit Crissy’s dad, but others where so small not even Crissy would be able to fit into them. Mrs. Swartley helped her pick out an outfit to wear. Once Crissy had some close that kind of fit her on, they went into the office.
As they walked in Crissy noticed a lady sitting behind a desk just as they walked in. She was busy typing on her key board to notice the fact that they had walked into the office. There where chairs lined up all along the wall to Crissy’s right leading to a door that was currently shut. To her left there was a walk way which also leads to yet another door only this one was open. Mrs. Swartley had Crissy sit down in one of the chairs with a coloring book and some crayons. While she went to talk to someone else in the through the open door, after a little bit Miss Smith came into the office from the other of the closed door and smiled at Crissy, then walked over to Mrs. Swartley and the other lady.
After about three pages Miss Smith came over to her, took her by the hand and lead her out of the door that Crissy had walked through to get into the office. As they walked down a different hallway Crissy understood why her mom was afraid she would have gotten lost. As they walked by different classroom Crissy looked in to see other kids sitting behind desks while they worked quietly on what ever they had in front of them. Just as Crissy was about to believe that they were never going to get to the class room, Miss Smith reached into her pocket and pulled out a set of keys. Then she led Crissy to the right classroom door when they got to the end of the hallway. There was a door that led out side both to Crissy’s right as well as to her left. The right was the front door that Crissy and her mother had come in a week earlier, the left lead out to the play ground behind the school.

“It seems as you have had a very scary morning today Christina,” Miss Smith said to her while they were walking to classroom.

All Crissy could do was nod. She had no idea who that girl was, but Crissy was sure she never wanted to see her again. Miss Smith opened the classroom door, showed Crissy around, and then started to tech her what she had missed that morning.

Learning came easy to Crissy, but the girl’s face in her mind kept distracting her from her work. Just as Crissy was about to give up someone knocked at the door, Miss Smith went over to open it. Though Crissy couldn’t see the face to go with the voice that she was hearing, it was the blond haired girl who took her close. When Mrs. Smith came back into the classroom Crissy was happy that the girl did not follow.

“Sorry about that Laurn was just bringing you some lunch,” Miss Smith said as she put a tray of food down on the table.

As Crissy looked at the tray she could remember seeing razor blades, rat poison, and nails. Though that probably wasn’t exactly what was on the tray she pushed it a way from her.

“It’s okay, I know it won’t be as good as your mother’s cooking, but it is eatable. We’ll keep it here in case you get hungry later. You know I think you should spend some time with Laurn, She’s a nice girl not to mention our class helper.”

With that Crissy got up and ran to hide somewhere, anywhere Laurn wouldn’t be able to find her. Crissy didn’t care how long she would have to hide for, but she never wanted to see Laurn again in her life.

“Christina it is okay you can come out I can tell you are a little shy when it comes to people you don’t know, but there is no reason to hide.”

“I want my Daddy and only my Daddy!” Crissy told her. Crissy couldn’t remember how long she had locked herself in the closet for, but she was sure that she wasn’t coming out until her dad would come and rescue her. Crissy thought about coming out once she heard Billy’s voice, but it was followed by Laurn’s and there was no way she was going to let Laurn see her hiding spot. A short time latter Crissy heard the voice that she had been waiting for.

“Excuse me Miss Smith, but my wife told me that you called because Christina had locked herself in a closet. What happened that she did that, we normally have to keep her from talking to random people that she doesn’t know, not pull her out of hiding.” Crissy heard her father say.

“Mr. LaMontane I know that this wasn’t easy for you to come in like this, but if you wouldn’t mind stepping out into the hall I have some events from this morning to explain to you and I do not believe that it is something you would wont your son to hear about,” Crissy heard Miss Smith tell her father.

“Alright, Billy, get your sister out of the closet.” Crissy heard her father say before leaving the room.

“Wow, If the precious little baby has a bad day Daddy will drop everything in order to make her feel better, but can’t find the time to play ball with me,” Crissy heard her Billy say.

“It can’t be that bad. There has to be at lest one good thing about being the oldest. I mean if you break something can’t you blame it on her?” Laurn said

“Nope they see right through the lie and I get punished worst. The only good thing is I will be able to drive first. Alright you baby get out here now or Dad’s is going to be mad,” Billy yelled at Crissy.

Just as Crissy was about to answer him, their Dad ran back into the room. “Billy what happened to your sister this morning?” Their Dad asked already knowing the answer.

“I don’t know I got her to class then I left. Why?” Billy asked back.

“Laurn right, (Laurn nodded) my friend John is out side in a cop car tell him that he is to take you home to your folks. I know my wife had already “Okayed” you to spend some time at our house, but some things have come up that need to be taken care of right away. Maybe you and Billy could play another day. Right now I have to get a scared to death little girl home and calmed down.” Crissy’s Dad instructed Laurn.

Laurn did as she was told, after saying goodbye to Billy, and left the room. Once the door closed behind her Crissy ran out of the closet and into the safety of her father’s arms. “It’s okay Christina there is no reason to be scared. Oh my, this morning must have really scared you, you’re shaking. Hey look at me No one is going to hurt you while I am here.” With that Crissy grabbed a hold of her father and was not about to let go.

“Here is her book bag it is the only thing of Christina’s that we were able to recover from what we can figure she brought with her this morning. She seems to be alright when it comes to school work, though that is taking into account that then only reason she was distracted by what happened this morning.” Miss Smith told their father while handing over Crissy’s book bag.

“What do you mean only thing and when did you change?” Billy asked as they left the room, Crissy still hanging on to her father for dear life.

“Well you would know what had happened to her if you would have done what we told you to do this morning. Alright princess it is time to let go now. That does not mean to squeeze tighter. I do have to breath you know.” Crissy’s dad tried to get out.

“Sorry,” Crissy told her Dad loosening her grip, but not completely.
“Alright lets get you home Billy and then you and I need to go and talk some where little lady.” Crissy’s Dad told them.
“Why do I have to go home I’m not the one who locked themselves in a closet for no reason at all,” Billy wined
“You didn’t have to stay behind a bush for ever because you didn’t have anything on,” Crissy told Billy.
“Quite making things up, so you ran into a fifth grader no big deal, everyone gets freaked out by one on their first day at lest all the little kids do just get use to it. Man and grow up it is nothing to hide about you just have to look watch out before you step on their turf the next time. If this is what this is all about I’m glad I’m not a girl because you are making a bigger deal out of it then what it really is,” Billy said
“Billy it wasn’t a fifth grader’s yearly torment or I at lest I hope not. Billy you remember the days that I come home from work and I take the two of you out for ice cream no matter what time of day it is, even before dinner sometimes and Mom doesn’t complain,” Their Dad asked Billy.
“Yeah you would think she would, but she doesn’t. You also take us to the park too. It is some of the longest times that you spend with us.” Billy remembered.
“Well those are the days that I had a case dealing with children and in my line of work that is never good. Billy, what happened to Christina today I have to report to my boss and I have to take her in to my work so they can talk to her? I don’t mean like how they talk to you two at the Christmas parties I mean like how we talk to people we are trying to help. Do you understand?” Their Dad asked Billy as they walked home.
“Wait, who in the world would hurt her like that and what are they doing around here?” Billy asked
“It is about time that you three get home, dinner will be ready in five minutes,” Billy and Crissy’s mom came out of the house hollering.
“Babe, calm down at lest for her sake, please,” their Dad answered her.
“Billy inside now! Go upstairs and wash up for dinner. I don’t want to see any dirt on your hands when you come back down.” Their Mom commanded him.
“Yes Mama,” Billy said rushing into the house.
“How bad was it? Oh my, she is shaking, is she going to be okay Will? Please tell me she will be okay.” Crissy’s Mom asked her father as she got closer to them.
“I hope so. I’m afraid my work has come home with me though. I will not be on the case, but I will make sure it is put into good hands. She has been like this ever since she left the closet. I have to take her in to talk to them while it is still fresh,” Will told his wife.
“Are you sure she can handle it right now. I mean just look at her. She is so scared right now even a car horn would spook her,” Crissy’s mom said to her father while rubbing Crissy’s back.
“I don’t want to take her in any more then you want me to, but I have to. You know as well as I do the sooner the better with these things and we have already lost most of today, so don’t wait up for us because I don’t know how long this is going to take,” Will told his wife before giving her a kiss, and taking the keys out of her hand.
“Make sure she gets a good dinner as well as keep her with you please!” Crissy’s Mom called after them as Will walked to his wife’s car. Crissy waved to her Mom to try to get her to calm down and to help her from worrying at lest a little bit.
The car ride to Will’s work wasn’t to long maybe twenty minutes max, but as Crissy looked out her window the morning’s events kept playing in her mind. The girl’s face, which she believed was Laurn, but wasn’t sure. One question kept going through her mind in between flash backs and her Dad was going to be the best one to ask so she asked him, “Daddy Why did that girl do that to me? It is not like she could wear my closes”
“I don’t know sweet heart, but what ever the reason, what she did was not right and she should never have done that to you. Do you understand?” Will asked his daughter scared for what was coming. He had been through this countless time, but he wasn’t ready for it to be his little girl answering the questions, giving the statement, let alone being examined the way that she was about to be.
As they saw his co-workers heading out for the day, how he wished he were doing the same thing not bringing his daughter in. As Steve saw Crissy in the back seat he stopped in his tracks. He wasn’t the only one it must have gone out on a bolo that Dective William LaMotane’s Daughter was involved in an abusive situation at her elementary school. As soon as Will parked his wife’s car everyone started their way.
“Look Daddy, Steve is making a funny face.” Will heard Crissy say. Well at lest he is good for something. Will thought to him self as he helped Crissy to get out of the car. May be she will be fine walking on her own, nope up she wants. Will knew he shouldn’t cave like he was, but after the day that she had just gone through he would do anything to make her happy again.
“Will is everything okay you and John left in such a rush no one knew where you were going. Why did you bring Christina back with you?” Steve asked him as he carried Crissy to the door as well as her book bag. He had no idea what to say to his boss at all.
“Will! How is our little trooper doing,” Will’s boss asked him.
“Well she doesn’t like to let go,” Will told his boss.
“Well she knows where she is safest. Bring her in here for a minute. I wish we wouldn’t have to do what we are going to have to do. Christina is such a sweet girl and she did not disserve that treatment at all,” Will’s boss said as Will carried his daughter in to his Bosses office.
“I know and I am hoping that we can stop this girl before we have a serial on our hands,” Will told his boss.
“Christina. How are you feeling?” Will’s boss asked her, Crissy just bearded herself further into her father’s uniform.
“Christina it is okay. You are safe here. No one here is going to hurt you and you know that,” Will said trying to calm down his daughter.
“I think I know some thing that might help,” Will’s boss said getting up from his desk.
“Really, what?” Will asked
“Roberts, Thompson guard the door. Adams, Davidson I want to keep guard outside of my office, “Will’s boss instructed the biggest cops that where sitting around the bullpen. “Christina. You and I both know that they are not going to let that girl in here, even if she was selling Girl Scout cookies,” Will’s boss told Crissy.
Crissy giggled knowing Roberts love for thin mint cookies. “No, he’ll buy her out of thin mints,” Crissy said
“I think his money would run out first sweet heart,” Will laugh thinking about his co-worker’s never ending crave for thin mints.
“We got her to talk so it worked,” Will’s boss said proud he was able to put a smile on the troubled girls face.
“Are you sure she isn’t here?” Crissy asked
“Yeah sweaty she is not here and if she tries to get in the guys will stop her,” Will told his daughter.
Crissy was pleased to hear that. Though as she relaxed her stomach growled. After relishing that she hadn’t eaten since breakfast she grabbed her tummy hopping she was the only one who heard it. While doing so she slid down into her father’s lap.
“This happened before lunch time today right?” Will’s boss asked him.
“Yeah before school even started this morning. Christina did you eat lunch today?” Will asked afraid of the answer.
“She brought it to the class room. How was I to know she didn’t do something to it? It looked like rat poison and razor blades,” Crissy said knowing her father wasn’t going to be happy with her. She had a tendency to skip meals due to being to busy with a coloring page, an art project, or a book. That was one of her parent’s main reasons for concern when sending her to school. Though Miss Smith had ensured them that even if it was only animal crackers she would make sure Crissy ate something during the day.
“Well how about we go find you something to eat then Christina,” Will’s Boss told her.
“No, She’ll find us I want to stay here where I’m safe.” Crissy cried. Scared that if they left the safety of the police Department that girl would find her. Guessing that the girl was Laurn but wasn’t certain that is why she wasn’t telling her dad.
“How about I send Charlie to go get you some Chicken nuggets, would you eat that,” Will’s boss asked her knowing that this was not going to be easy for her and was about to get even harder on her.
“Only if he gets me a race car toy not a Barbie one,” Crissy said hoping that Charlie could hurry up and bring her some nuggets.
“I think he can manage that,” Will’s Boss told her before leaving the office.
“I know this is hard for you sweet heart, but you know you need to eat something where are the raisons your mom gave you this morning?” Will asked hoping she had them so she would have something in her stomach before the questions started.
“I was going to eat them in the closet, but when I heard her come in with Billy and I dropped them, and I tried to hide under something in the closet.” Crissy told her Dad knowing that what she just said was not going to help her any.
“Wait did you say she came into the classroom with Billy,” Will asked her knowing that the only person who had gone into that room other then Billy and Miss Smith was Laurn.
“Yeah I don’t know what her name is, but when she talked to Miss Smith, and Billy she used a different voice. Then she had used with me, but I am pretty sure it was the same girl unless she has an evil twin or something.” Crissy told her father as his boss came back into the room.
“Here, we are Christina. I personally made sure they gave you a blue race car,” Will’s boss told Crissy as he walked back into the office.
“Yea I don’t have that one yet. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a blue race car,” Crissy told Will’s boss.
“Alright do you think you could answer some questions I have about this mornings events,” Will’s Boss asked Crissy.
“Sure as long as I can still eat my nuggets,” Crissy replied
“That is fine. Alright what is the first thing you can remember as you walked on to the play ground at school this morning?” Will’s Boss asked her
“Well as soon as I stepped on the playground I went down for no reason at all. I know because I made sure that my laces where tied really well this morning,” Crissy said prod of her self.
“Then what happened just walk us through the event until you got inside your school if you don’t mind,” Will’s boss asked, but nervous to hear what really happened.
“Well I stayed down for a little while hoping that who ever pushed me down would have walked away, but as I went to get up She was standing right in front of me, but the sun was shining behind her so I couldn’t see her face. She was talking funny like Billy some times does when he is mad about something. She was yelling at me about something I couldn’t understand anything she was saying they didn’t even sound like words to me at all. Once She allowed me to stand up I looked around for Billy, but I couldn’t see him anywhere. I asked her what she wanted, but she didn’t answer me all she did was grab a hold of my shirt and pulled me closer to her. I was so scared, I called for Billy to come and help me I know that he told me never to talk to him at school unless we had to, but I would have though he would have gotten over that if he would have saw what she was doing to me. He never came, She yelled at me right in my face. Then just as she put me back on the ground she ripped my shirt right off of me. Before I could even say anything she had my entire close and I had to cover myself with my book bag. By that time there was a bunch of older girls around me, watching as the girl shoved, pushed and hit me. I fell a lot but they didn’t seem to upset about the way she was treating me. I kept asking her to stop but they kept laughing and yelling things at me. Then the bell rang and the girls started to leave one by one then all of a sudden I was face to face with the girl once again and she hit me across the face and told me if I told Billy who She was I wasn’t going to see another day. Then she punched me in the tummy and shoved me behind the bush. I was so scared that I couldn’t help but cry because my tummy hurt and I thought I was going to be sick” Crissy said as she started to cry again and curled up into a little ball at Will’s feet.
“Did they do any thing else to you,” Will’s boss asked her
“All the other girls did was laugh at me. It was the original one that gave me all of these,” Crissy said pulling up her sleeve so they could see all of the black and blue marks on her arms.
“Are these all from that girl,” Will’s boss asked as he looked at Crissy’s bruises. They didn’t look as if they came from a schoolyard bully but like she had been beaten for years. Knowing Will and his wife for many years, he knew none of the bruises had come from her parents.
“These are just a few of the ones she gave me there are a lot more just ask Mrs. Swartley. She saw all of them when she helped me find close to cover them all up. So the other students wouldn’t know what happened to me,” Crissy said as she munched on a nugget that had been dipped in honey muster sauce.
“Will I think it would be best if we had her checked out so we can see if the damage is any worst then a few burses here and there,” Will’s boss said to Will as he picked up his desk phone and started dialing.
“But she’ll know I said something I’ll never make it past the playground tomorrow,” Crissy cried to Will.
“I know this is scary sweat heart, but they need to see if she hurt you worst then you think she did,” Will told Crissy.
“Okay but I’m bringing my nuggets with me,” Crissy told Will as she started to pack up her dinner.
“That is fine sweaty I think your Mom would be very happy about that,” Will told Crissy and with that they got up from where they where sitting and followed Will’s boss outside.
“I’ll let you take your car Will I’ll have one of the guys run your wife’s car back to her,” Will’s boss said as he held out his hand waiting for the keys to Crissy’s Mom’s car.
“Alright, but Make sure they just drop off the car and don’t tell her about what we have found,” Will said handing over his wife’s keys.

As Crissy was riding her motorcycle into California she was trying to understand, how everything got this bad. Now though it was a lot worst then it was when it all started. Though that was thirty years ago now, Crissy hated to remember the day she met Laurn. Crissy hated the fact that Laurn had dated her older brother, Will, or Billy to only family members due to the fact that their father’s name was also Will. It was that course of relationships that were the cause of Crissy and Billy’s twenty year rift. Billy only ever saw the act that Laurn showed him and when Crissy tried to break that versed Billy didn’t believe her.

Though Will and Laurn’s relationship wasn’t exactly smooth sailing, with at lest a dozen break ups to go along with every week they where together. The one thing that Laurn did that Crissy use to think would be sure to break them up for good, Crissy’s dad made her promise never to tell Will. Witch was alright for Crissy to do since she didn’t like to think about it herself.

Laurn was the reason that Crissy’s Father sent her to go and live with her god parents. That was the only way for sure Crissy would be safe from Laurn. As Crissy pulled into Cal Sic’s parking lot she figured it would be best if she would snap out of her memory and back into reality. With a busy campus Crissy fond it amazing how she was ever able to get any work done, yet some how Crissy and her friend’s and co-workers were able to get together and work out everything from lesson plans to writing their own book series. Right now how ever it was time to get to work.
It had been months since the last time she was in her office. Crissy loved being a teacher, but protecting her family first, (even if they didn’t want anything to do with her), and three months ago Crissy had gotten word that Laurn was dangerously close to Billy, or Will as he preferred now, and his family. Which lead to Crissy taking time out of teaching to lead Laurn away from them.
While she was going through the papers on her desk that piled up while she was gone Crissy noticed a file from the FBI. Now with any other professor out side of her little group this would have seemed very weird, but for Crissy and her friends this was no big deal. After they met Jessie they all started being consultants for all of the big law enforcement departments, with them all having very high security clearness they could work for any department that needed their help. In return the departments helped them publish their book series as well as the CIA informs Crissy of all of Laurn’s movements. The reason it all started once they met Jessie was because not only was her uncle a FBI agent, but her parents where both consultants for many of the departments that the girls are now helping out now.
Just as Crissy was about to open the file Millie, Crissy’s boss, walked in. “Oh good your back, now I need you to catch up on your office hours before you do any work for the FBI. You also need to attend the faculty meeting at three today,” Millie boosted.
Sometimes Crissy hated Millie and today was definably one of those days, but Crissy knew how to get rid of her for at lest a few hours. Crissy nodded and reached into her pocket and pulled out her IPod.
“Now I want you to help students not ignore them, after all you are a professor not another student. Ugh why are people so upset with those things,” Millie said as she stormed out.
Crissy was surprised she didn’t even have to turn it on and Millie was gone. Though because Crissy was only a part time teacher she had to share her office. As Tiff walked in Crissy was reminded of the security of sharing your office with a friend rather them an enemy.
“How was your trip?” Tiff asked.
Crissy answered with a surge witch was one of a few answers that she would normally replay with. Crissy didn’t talk much, but would if it was necessary.
“Did you see the file yet?” Tiff asked accustomed to the quite.
After shaking no Crissy grabbed the file, sat down and opened it. With a quick glace Crissy through it on to her desk. Had her worst night mare really came true?
“You see why we didn’t want to start on it until you returned. We got the file yesterday and automatically made the connection. If push comes to shove I’ll gladly step down and let you take the rains on this one,” Tiff said as she grabbed some files off of her desk.
With a nod Crissy picked up the file once again. Hopping her father was watching over her while she face their worst nightmare on her own.
“Oh and by the way Pappy is going to get us out of that faculty meeting. I’ll call the doctors together so we can talk game plane before we meet with the FBI if you would like,” (Jessie’s grandfather, Pappy, was Millie’s boyfriend) Tiff suggested already knowing the answer.
Crissy agreed with out specking a world, hoping that they would be able to stop Laurn once and for all.
“Alright pizza in thirty lets go,” Tiff said grabbing her coat, texting a message and taking her copy up of the file off of her desk.
Crissy followed in suit with her jacket and file. As she climbed into Tiff’s car her memory flashed back to her first ride to the airport.

****

“Christina I don’t want you to be scared okay. I know this is going to be very hard on you, but I promise that she wont be able to get to you for a very long time,” Will said hoping that the fear he had wasn’t coming through in his voice.
Crissy wasn’t sure what to think. Laurn’s attack wasn’t just a once and done thing like Billy told her it was. She had done the same thing to Crissy the next day as well and if Crissy’s Dad hadn’t stopped her today then the same would have been the same for today as well. Will’s boss had told them yesterday that there wasn’t anything they could do, but talk to her parents and let them handle it.
That wasn’t enough for Will, so after Laurn’s attempt of another attack this morning Will had to agree with his wife. Christina needed to be in a safe place and with Billy wanting to play with Laurn everyday changing Christina’s school wasn’t going to be enough, so last night when the Jefferson’s called to check on their goddaughter. Will, his wife, and the Jefferson’s agreed that if it happened again, she would go and live with the Jefferson’s. They already had a room set a side for her and everything, since she had just spent a month with them.

The Jefferson’s live in Nevada, so if was pretty much garneted that Laurn wasn’t going to be able to torture Christina. Though this plane ride wasn’t going to be as fun as the other rides were, this time Crissy wasn’t going for just a few weeks. She was moving there and would only be able to see her family once a year.
Once Will had Crissy checked in a flight attendant came to help to make sure Crissy got to Nevada with out any problems. The flights weren’t the problem it was the adjusting that Crissy didn’t like. The Jefferson’s had a nice house and where very patient with her as she struggled with finding a safe zone in her new home.
Though it got a little easier as Crissy started school, on her first day the teacher gave her the work book that the other students had been working out of for the last two months. In one day Crissy was half way through the book. She would have been further, but the teacher insisted that she go out for recess. To get back at the teacher though Crissy took the workbook home with her. The Jefferson’s where glad that she had found something she liked to do, but weren’t sure how the teacher was going to feel about Crissy teaching herself all of the kindergarten work in a matter of a day.
When Crissy got to school the teacher asked Mrs. Jefferson if Crissy had taken her workbook home with her. That is when Crissy handed the workbook to the teacher. “I got as far as I could in the book it was easy what do you have for me to do today,” Crissy said proud of her self.
“Sweat heart this book was to last you the whole year not just one day,” The teacher told Crissy.
“What are you talking about that book might take my brother a year to get through, but for me it was like breathing,” Crissy told her new teacher.
“Mrs. Jefferson do you mind if we give Crissy a test to see where we could put her in a class that is more on her level,” The teacher asked
“If it will keep her challenged and not get her in trouble for doing home work,” Mrs. Jefferson just smiled at Crissy, hoping that the challenge would help Crissy forget the torching she had recently encountered.
With that the school’s councilor came to get Crissy to give her the test. The first test took Crissy maybe a total of five minutes. The next took ten minutes. After that test the councilor took Crissy to another building. Where some one else took her by the hand and sat her down in a class room, only in this room there where two other kids there as well. Crissy was ready for her next test, but wasn’t sure why the other two students where there.
“Alright you three lets see how long it will take us to stomp you,” yet another lady said as she pasted out the test. After about two hours one of the boys was slowing down. Crissy could tell because she kept hearing someone erasing what they had just written. Once the lady noticed this, the boy stopped taking the test and was lead out of the room.
“Pencils down you two,” the lady said as she came back into the room.
“Oh come on I was just about to finish that section,” the last boy said.
“Well you will have a chance to finish once you are done with lunch,” the lady said as she let another lady in with two trays of mac and cheese, baked beans, apple, and a carton of milk on each. “Now you two can talk while you have lunch there is no rule against that and not to mention you haven’t spoken a word since this morning,” the lady said as she handed each of them their tray.
“So who are you and what teacher did you show up,” The boy asked Crissy.
“Christina and My teacher told me to just try to get as far as I could in my work book. Then she made me go out side, so I took my work book home so I could see how far I could get and I got to the end before it got hard for me,” Crissy told him.
“They don’t like it when you do that, but that is how we get here. Ethan, the other boy who was in here, has been trying to show me up ever since I met him. I’m Spencer by the way,” the boy told her.
Spencer was Crissy’s first friend. Ethan was her second. The three of them were in separable. Crissy had come up with code names for each of them. Spencer was Skip, because he was skipping grades every time she would turn around, Ethan was Bounce, due to the fact that he was skipping grades and then would switch back.

***

Crissy hadn’t seen either of then in ten years. Though she had spoken to Skip since then, but even that was five years ago. She offends wonders where they were today. Little did she know Skip would be helping her out on this case he just didn’t know it yet.

***

We have now entered an office building. We follow as people are exiting an elevator. We seem to be following a tall, dark, ex football player looking guy, as he walks in to a room filled with desk in three rows and each row has four desks on each side.
“Hay pretty boy did you see the Red Skins play the 49ers on Saturday?” the ex foot ball player joked with a nerdy looking guy who looked to be just a little bit over thirty years old.
“You know that would mean they have played each other a total of 67 times,” the now confirmed nerd replayed.
“Reid, you can take the fun out of any thing can’t you,” the ex football player teased.
You now released that a woman had walked in, she looked to be in her late forties to early fifties. She had brown hair and looked as if she was a teacher rather then an office worker by the way she interrupted the guys conversation “Reid was just stating a fact cut him some slack, Morgan,”
“I can fend for myself Blake,” the nerdy guy, Reid, said insulted.
“Well we got a case,” said a blond haired lady said as she rushed by the small group. The blond looked to be in her middle to late thirties. Some how though there seemed to be a motherly aspect to her.
“From football to phyicopath killer in mere seconds, what has this world come to,” Morgan said sarcastically.
“So what do you call drunk fans?” Blake asked figuratively.
“Jerks,” Reid said. The group walked up the row of desk they were sanding in to follow the blond up a small set of stairs to a sub level which seemed to hold the hire up offices. The group then walked in to a room that had a round table in the center of it. Around the table were two other men as well as one very odd looking lady. The younger of the two men looked to like he was in his late thirties. He wore a well fitting suit, with a well tied tie. Almost looking as if he was ex military with how he held himself. For some odd some reason as you looked at him you could tell that his life had not gone the way that he had planed, but he was getting along just fine. The older gentle man seemed to have money with his personalized cuff links on his suit sleeves. He looked as if he was in his late forties to early fifty’s. The lady on the other hand seemed to be a cross between a nerd and Hello Kitty at about thirty-five years old.
“All right Garcia, Lets get started,” the blond said to the lady as they walked in to a conference room.
“Okay, so, over the last twenty years, there has been a series of murders,” Garcia started.
“Why are we just hearing about this now?” Blake asked.
“The murders have not just crossed county lines, but they have also crossed multiple state lines. No one was able to make a connection between them before now. The victims range from the early ones being teens to the most resent being in their mid thirties, all of them have been very athletic as well as all of them have been blond,” Garcia informed the team as she clicks her remote to let the pictures of all of the victims on to the flat scream that is mounted on the same wall as the door way that the group had just entered from.
“Is there any chance we could be looking for a group?” Rossi asked.
“It doesn’t seem to be caused by a group. He seems to strip his victims then shots one built in their head,” the Ex military looking man tells them.
“So this guy likes Blond Athletic women and his victims have seemed to age along with him,” Morgan pointed out.
“How were they finally able to make the connection between the cases?” Blake asked.
“One of their consultants made the connection to a book sireas,” the blond said.
“What series? I hope not mine,” the older gentle man asked now informing us on how he came in to his money.
“It was a series called Our Personal Demons, by some group called The Doctors,” Galicia said.
“The Doctors are a group of female child prodigies that now all teach at California Institute of Science,” Reid said.
“Reid I need you to familiarize yourself with the sires, and wheels up in forty-five, Garcia you too,” the ex military looking guy instructed the team.
“Why so long?” Blake asked.
“So Reid has time to find the books,” the older man joked.
“You didn’t need to do that I know one of the Doctors so, I got advance copies of every book. I think I’m good to go,” Reid said.
With the last comment every one grabs their files off of the table and head to the door. We are left looking at all of the photos of the victims on the flat screen.

We have now entered another office building though something is very similar to the one we were just in. We move in closer to two individuals that are carrying boxes into what looks like a conference room. The man looks to be ex military, the woman on the other hand looks tough, but not in a military way. She is more or less like one of those kids that had to grow up on the streets in a bad part of town.
“Why are we collecting all of the evidence in the meeting room again,” the woman asked the man.
“Because Mr. Boss Man called in the BAU,” the man answered.
“Isn’t that the group that gets paid to tell people why they act the way they do,” she guessed.
“Yes and they also have been very helpful in solving complex cases like this one,” a new man said walking in the room. He was obviously their boss due to the way they seemed to respect him intently when he walked into the room.
“We were able to manage just fine on our own for the last case,” the woman stated with a since of equality in her voice which suggest that at one point in time or another the three of them had all been on even ground.
“Liz, this case is about to be a matter of national security if we don’t solve it and soon,” the boss informed her while the other guy walked out to get another box.
“It can’t be that bad, David,” Liz said.
“It’s bad enough I called in everyone including Don, Charlie, and the girls,” David said.
“Can Charlie and Ameta even help us from where ever they are these days,” the other guy asked as he brought in a few more boxes.
“Colby, Charlie said “All else fails we can Skype,” David said laying out some files.
“Well at lest we will have the girls helping us,” Liz said.
“Excuse me Sinclair the BAU just landed,” another guy came in and stated.
“Thanks once they get here send them up,” David told his messenger.
“Yes Sir,” With that the man walked out.
“I never know how to treat that guy,” Liz joked.

***

“Wait this is the LA field office?” Garcia asked.
“One of them Baby Girl,” answered Morgan.
“You must be the BAU I’m agent Sinclair. Thanks for coming,” David said as the BAU walked to his team.
“Not a problem. I’m J.J. We spoke on the phone,” the blond athletic woman from the earlier office said as she shook David’s hand.
“Now I don’t understand a lot about profiling so I hope you don’t mind questions. Liz, Colby the BAU is here,” David, said signaled for his team to join them.
“This is SSA Hotchner, Rossi, and Morgan. Our computer analysis Penelope Garcia, and Doctors Blake and Reid,” J.J. introduced each team member as they shook David‘s hand or nodded.
“Well we are no strangers to Doctors so you two have nothing to worry about there lets just hope the girls will be willing to accept two more Doctorate opinions. These are Agents Granger, and Liz,” David said as he indicated who was who.
“Has your team always been this small?” Rossi asked.
“No, We use to have a few more before they left it to the three of us, but we make it work,” Granger answered.
All of a sudden you hear a phone ring, David Sinclair excuses him self a way from the group to take it. “Sinclair … Yes… We will be right there.” Sinclair hangs up and then walks back to the group. “Man we got another one,” he told the group.
“Reid, Blake stay here and see what you can figure out. Garcia see if you can get footage of the murders from the security cameras. J.J., Morgan go, talk to the victims family. Rossi your with me at the crime scean,” Hotchner instructed his team before following David back to the elevator with Rossi on his six.
Colby led J.J. and Morgan to where the victims families where waiting to be interviewed. Liz led Blake and Reid to the conference room.
“How long have you been on this case?” Blake asked Liz.
“About a month now, but the local police department had it for about three before handing it over to us,” Liz answered.
“Your supervisor mentioned something about the girls who are they?” Reid asked Liz.
“The girls are professors at Cal-Sci who consult on some of our toughest cases like this one,” Liz answered.
“How did that even start, I mean professors taking time out of their day to help out the FBI?” Blake asked.
“ Well back when I first started here the supervisory agent was Don Eppes and his little brother Charlie and a few of his coworkers were math consultants for the team. So when Charlie’s daughter wanted to do more than teach Don had it cleared for her and her friends to take her parents place. Her godfather often helps out as well. He was a consultant with Jessie’s parents, so he knew what she was getting them into,” Liz answered.
“ Is there any way we that we could talk to the writers of Our Personal Demons?“ Blake asked.
“I don’t believe that would be a problem though I should warn you the leader of the girls doesn’t like new people that much,“ Liz told them.
“ How can they be the leader and not interact with new people?” Blake asked confused.
“ Well they have a in acting leader that takes over when ever they encounter new people. Once Crissy feels confortable around the people she will take over or if she feels that the good of the group is in danger,” Liz said hoping that it would clear up the confusion.
“Wait Crissy Jefferson?” Reid asked using the last name Crissy used to protect her family.
“I think so, I don’t know what her last name is for sure. She doesn’t talk around us much,” Liz said.
“Make since she doesn’t talk to jocks unless she absolutely has too,” Reid said remembering his old friend.
“Reid why does it seem like you know more about this Crissy girl then any one else in this room,” Blake asked sarcastically.
“If she is the Crissy I’m thinking of then I highly suggest not asking about her brother, Family, or her brother’s ex,” Reid for warned Liz and Blake.
“Alright I don’t see how that could be an issue, but I’ll try to remember,” Blake replayed.
“Do you mind giving them a call and having them come in,” Reid asked Liz.
“You don’t have her number,” Blake joked.
“Only one person in her entire family has a cell phone and it isn’t her,” Reid said.

***

With the layers of cars surrounding the crime scean Hotch wondered why people still came to see if they could see anything. Hotch could smell Jambalaya in the air though it didn’t do much good for him knowing he was here on business not for vacation. As he and Rossi followed David onto the scean there was a bloodstain on thee concrete where the body had been.
Rossi was looking over the crime scean photo’s. Once Hotch noticed which direction the unsub was facing he followed the victim’s sight line until he reached the rear wall of a Cajon restraint. One the wall there wasn’t any markings that stood out as to being related to the crime.
“You know this seems to be a light killing, a gun shot to the back of the head,” Rossi said to his boss.
“That either means they where skitage about watching the victims die or our unsub is female,” Hotch said examining the wall.
“How can you tell?” David asked.
“Women serials normally go for poison or a gun shot to the back of the head,” Hotch informed David.
“You said something about other consultants that you have. I think it would be best if we have all hands on deck,” Rossi said to David.
“I just had one of my guys call them,” David said.

***

“Mrs. Tomson can you tell us a little bit about your daughter, it will help us to find her killer?” J.J. asked the newest victims mother.
“Kelly was the best daughter a mother could ever ask for. She played soccer in High School, had straight A’s. She kept to herself and was very caushes to any new people who came into her life. Kelly had been living by herself since she was 20 years old. She was about to get engaged to the most wonderful guy that she had ever brought home.” Mrs. Tomson told J.J. just before she broke down in tears.
“Thank you very much Mrs. Tomson,” J.J. said be fore leaving the room.
“I keep getting the same type of girls how about you?” Morgan asked J.J.
“Yeah, Athletic, blond, keeps to themselves, and living alone,” J.J. told Morgan.
“Alright so we know the unsub type so how do we find the unsub?” Colby asked.
“The profile will help us with that,” J.J. told Colby
“But first we need to figure out the connection with the book series and the murders,” Morgan said to Colby.
“I’ll go call the writers they would know,” Colby said right before walking away.
“Are you okay J.J.?” Morgan asked.
“Yeah, I just have to watch my back a little bit more with this one,” J.J. told Morgan.

***

“Hey Liz, the two agents I was with want to talk to the consultants so should I call Allen or Don?” Colby asked.
“I would call Jessie it is a more direct rote not to mention it’s your turn to buy,” Liz joked.
“Are you sure I seem to remember it being yours,” Colby nagged.
“What in the world are you two bickering about,” Blake interrupted.
“Nothing, Colby just suck it up,” Liz told Blake and Colby.
“Fine, but you owe me,” Colby said before storming out.

It is about four o-clock in the evening the sun has just started to fall deeper into the sky, we see a girl about ten years old out riding her bike. She is wearing jeans and a light blue hoody. We follow her, as she pulls into a pizza shop’s parking lot. The girl costs up to the bike rack by the door. She locks up her bike she waves to someone on the inside that we can not yet see. We follow her as she goes into the shop.
A blond girl about twenty waves the girl over to a cowed corner both.
“What’s up Becky? Sorry I’m late I had a class,” the young girl says as she walks up to the group.
The tall blond, Becky, replied “That is okay Jessie, your students out rank our daily hawin pie,”
“I saved you a seat,” A natural red head replied.
“Thanks Lizzie,” Jessie said
“So how was class?” Crissy asked.
“Well half of the class was like how can you be our teacher you are no older then an elementary scholar and the other half was trying to figure out how I reached the top shelf’s,” Jessie replied.
“It can’t be that bad,” Another blond answered. She looked to be much older then Jessie, but not as old as Crissy.
“Tiff you have no idea. Just wait until these freshmen find out about Pappy and Millie,” Jessie said sarcastically.
“He has come in handy more than once,” a brunet who was looked to be breaking out of her teen years answered.
“Elly that is a benefit from it all, but trust me when I say she is a cupcake at work. She is much more irritating at home,” Jessie said irritated.
‘Man Jessie you sound worst then the worst breakup song ever or that song Friday,” A brunet answered. She was obviously into the arts because she had paint all over her hands.
“Steph, how about you trade places with me and you can fall a sleep too…” Jessie got in before Crissy interrupted.
“Jessie we all can imagine what you were about to say, but I haven’t eaten since yesterday so if you could please stop right there I would appreciate it,” Crissy interrupted.
“Well if it isn’t my favorite profecers. Lets see what I’ve got here, a sprite ah that must be for perfecor Tomson,” the waiter said as he handed the sprite to Tiff.
“Thanks, did you do your paper on the underground rail road yet,” Tiff asked the waiter ovesly one of her students.
“Working on it. I also have a pescie for professor Wise, a root beer for professor Murray, waters for professor Smith as well as one for professor Gaymen, a Mt. Dew for professor Eppes, and last but not lest a cherry pecsie for professor Crissy,” the waiter said handing each person their drink.
“Thank you Steven now finish your shift and then off to the library with you because we all know you haven’t even started your paper yet,” Crissy said to the waiter.
“Yes mamde,” the waiter said before walking away.
“He is probably cursing your name right now,” Steph said.
“Well let us get to the point,” Lizzie said pulling out her file.
“Hawin pie and Murders sounds delituse,” Elly said as she pulled out her file as well.
“Alright so we have got a maniac on the lose who is killing athletic blonds. The victims seem to have nothing in common, but physical experience,” Tiff said to the group.
“How are they being killed again?” Becky asked.
“A single gun shot to the back of the head,” Jessie said.
“Wait, Blonde athletic females, a single gun shot to the back of the head. Was there any markings on the walls around the body’s?” Crissy asked.
“There isn’t anything mentioned about it any where in the file,” Lizzie said flipping through the file.
“How did you come up with that?” Tiff asked.
“Did you see something in the file that the rest off us didn’t?” Steph asked.
“I have read this file so many times over the past week that I know for a fact Crissy pulled that out of thin air,” Elly said taking a sip of her drink.
“It is not that I pulled it out of thin air. It is more like I have this type of exsiccation done before,” Crissy informed the group.
“How could you have seen this before with your lifestyle that you live?” Jessie asked.
“Jessie my dear you would be surprised to know how much I see even with living the life of a gypsy,” Crissy informed the child.

Jessie’s phone started to go off. ”Hello… Sure, but you know the deal… Crissy just arrived… yes we are debriefing her… She believes that she has seen this before… Got it be there once we are done… Hang on a sec “waiter” here you go,” Jessie said handing the phone to the waiter.

“It seems as if you lady’s have yet another pie covered by a third party,” the waiter said handing Jessie’s her phone back to her then headed over to the counter to retrieve the pizza.

“They want us to come in, normally they come to us. What is different this time?” Elly asked.

“They want us to meet another unit from the FBI called the BAU what ever that means,” Jessie told the group.

“It’s the Behavioral Analysis Unit and is it the one from D.C.,” Crissy asked.

“What does it matter?” Steph asked.

“Wait is that the unit that your childhood crush is part of?” Lizzie asked.

“No! I was just wondering,” Crissy said trying to hide the fact that it was.

“Oh it is well than we better finish this pizza so we can all watch as Crissy either drools or is disappointed that it isn’t his unit,” Tiff joked.
Crissy kicked Tiff under the table. “Ouch, Man it is not like I would know him if I saw him.

“No it is the unit that my Sister in law works with and you all know how my brother feels about me even being in the same state as her,” Crissy said hoping to change the subject.

“It can’t be that bad,” Elly said as she grabbed a slice of pizza.

“Lighten up Crissy it isn’t like your brother is ever going to find out,” Jessie said in between bits.

“I wish it was that simple. Jessie it would be like if you parents would come back and turn you into their slave,” Crissy said knowing that her last comment would stop the conversation.

“Crissy that was low really did you have to bring that up you know how she gets with even a mention of her parents lack of being here,” Lizzie said trying to comfort Jessie who was now in tears.

“She knows better then to rip open a scar like that,” Crissy, said still mad at Jessie’s jejune comment

“Does this have any thing to do with the presents that always get sent back…,” Steph stopped there knowing she was about to make things a lot worst if she would continue. Crissy had just gotten back and if even one of them caused her to walk out she wasn’t going to come back no matter what.

The reason that the Doctors had worked for the last eight years was because they all had baggage that each of them brought to the friendship. For Jessie, the youngest of the group, it was always trying to be the best at everything because maybe then her parents might be proud enough to come home and spend some time with her. Jessie was raised by her grandfather, uncle and her Aunt. Though no matter how much they said they were proud of her it wasn’t good enough.
Crissy, the oldest of them all, it was the abuse she received as a child from her brother’s ex girlfriend, to being sent to live with her godparents. She had a hard time learning to trust people let alone letting anyone get close enough to her that she would trust them. Skip had gotten to close to her when they were younger and then left her out to dry when something else came along.
For Lizzie things had never worked out the way she wanted them to. She felt bad for Jessie not having her parents around. Being the second oldest Lizzie was the mother of the group, taking Jessie under her wing trying to keep the group’s baby from the miss fortune that Lizzie had gone through as a child. Lizzie had a lot of friends when she was younger, but one day she unsettled a new kid in her school and with in a matter of three months she went from having a large amount of friends to less then a hand full.
For Becky, the second youngest, her scars had all healed, but she could see them every time she looked in the mirror. Becky learned to use make up and humor to cover up the abuse that she had reseaved from her father when she was growing up. Thanks to Pappy she was no longer facing the horror ever night. He had allowed her to move in with him and Jessie in order to help cheer Jessie up.
Tiff, the middle of the group member’s age wise, the leader when Crissy wasn’t around or didn’t want to be, had grown up fast. Being the daughter of two drug addicts Tiff and her older sister learned how to provide for themselves when their parents wouldn’t. Tiff hated how they cared more about their drugs then their own daughters, but that is what made her strong.
To look at Elly, the third youngest, you wouldn’t believe that the girlish girl of the group was raised as a boy. Her father wanted a son and wasn’t going to come up with new plans for his child when the child turned out to be a girl. Elly hated how her father made her keep her hair short when she was living at home and made her lift weights three times her sizes.
Steph, the third oldest, was still a mystery to most members of the group. Crissy how ever knew who she was and the secret that she kept. Steph used her art to distract people from knowing who she really was. Crissy had taken Steph in on one of her many trips. Steph had grown up on the streets of Chicago and was the only member of the group who wasn’t a doctor though she was working on it thanks to Crissy’s help. Steph had encountered the same faith Crissy had with Laurn and was lucky to still be alive. As the newest member though Steph wasn’t sure on where her place was yet in the group. Steph was sure however that Crissy was putting together pieces for some bigger plan of hers, she just didn’t know for what yet.
As the girls ate they all thought about the scars they didn’t like to show and their reasons why. As they finished up their minds switched back to the case and what they were going to have to do.

***

The sun has now set we see a group of vehicles pull up to an office building. There is a motorcycle, a Camry, and a pick up truck. In the bed of the pick up we see the bike from the pizza shop, as the girls get out of the cars Crissy circles the area on her motorcycle.
“Crissy come on their waiting on us it is bad enough we had to stop and push artsy fartsy to the gas station because she forgot to fill up her tank,” Tiff said handing out bags as she pulled them out of the bed of her truck.
“Okay we’re good Laurn isn’t here. Tiff you got this one I haven’t had a chance to call Billy yet,” Crissy said throwing her helmet to Tiff to lock in her truck. The group laughs and then starts up a set of stairs.
We are now back in the conference room where we left Reid and Blake as they set up the room for the rest of the team. The rest of the team has since joined them in the room and are filling in the rest of the group what they found out while they where split up.
“It seems as if we are dealing with someone who isn’t afraid to travel,” Blake told the group.
“Chances are we are dealing with a women due to the lack of defensive wounds as well as the lack of violence,” Hotch told his team.
“She would have to be as athletic if not more then the victims,” Morgan said.
“When did the FBI started to allow teenagers in without escorts?” Rossi asked.
“Oh those may be teenagers, but they are also our Constance,” Colby said holding open the door for them.
“Oh, so Reid you should fit right along with them … Reid,” Blake teased.
Reid wasn’t paying any attention to his colleague. He was more conserved with his childhood friend making a point not to get to close to the group. To the point as soon as she saw the BAU she sat down in the closest cubical. Reid’s stair was interrupted by one of Crissy’s friend introducing the rest.
“So Colby this must be the BAU. Well I’m Tiff and these are my collages Jessie, Becky, Elly, Steph, Lizzie and our shy one all the way out there is Crissy,” Tiff said very quickly because like all the other Doctors she was terrified by jocks. They had grown accustom to Colby and Liz, but they BAU was made up of at lest three jocks and that made Tiff feel a little uneasy.
“How about I just call you all kido’s because you have lost me,” Rossi said because he couldn’t understand what the girl had just said she was going so fast.
“ You either call us by our names or Doctor nothing else,” Lizzie said noticing that Jessie was now scared behind her.
“All right lady’s I think they get the point no need to ram it down their throughts,” David said trying to keep the peace.
“You will have to pardon my friends here we are not use to a lot of outsiders. You might also want to be patient with Crissy; She is worried about other things at the moment. She doesn’t talk much as it is let alone around new people,” Steph told the BAU knowing that the rest of them were expecting nerds instead of jocks.
“I’ll be right back,” Reid said before leaving the room.
“Where is he going?” Morgan asked.
“To talk to an old friend,” Blake said as she watched Reid walk over to Crissy.
“What’s going on?” Reid asked Crissy.
“Other then the fact that both my mother and my brother hate me. My brother’s ex girl friend is plotting revenge on him. To the point my brother’s family is in danger. So I drop every thing to go and help him and I get yelled at and told to never come around again,” Crissy told Reid happy to finally have someone to vent to.
“That sucks how about other wise,” Reid said hoping that things would be like they use to be between them before Crissy blow up at him for obsessing about May after her death.
“Other wise, I haven’t had time for other wise. You know she came this close to hurting his kid. The only thing that is keeping his wife safe is the fact that she doesn’t have a set secual with the amount of traveling that comes with her job,” Crissy said relising that yes she needed to vent, but Reid still owed her for what he did to her.
“Does your brother’s ex movements coincided with the murders?” Reid asked noticing the icy tone Crissy had in her voice.
“I don’t know I’m going to have to see the crime sceans,” Crissy told him.
All of a souned out of nowhere an old man comes up behind Reid and taps him on the shoulder. “Excuse me young man, but have you seen my grand daughter? Oh Crissy are you okay my dear. For sure you have seen her last I knew she was leaving campus. I haven’t heard from her since,” the man said nervously.
“She is just fine Pappy. Tiff gave her a ride here because we know how you feel about her riding at night,” Crissy said knowing who he was.
“Oh thank you, how about my other little one is she okay too. Man I shouldn’t have to run all over town to find my granddaughters. That is a parent’s job and they’re so young too,” Pappy mumbled.
“Becky is fine too she road in with Steph. Pappy every thing is fine you know I wouldn’t ever let any thing happen to those two under my watch. Come on I’ll prove to you that they are fine,” Crissy said leading Pappy to the room where the others where.
“Allen is it that late I’m sorry if I would have know I would have told the Doctors that we would of met them at the house instead of here,” David said as Pappy walked into the room.
“Thank You, girls it’s time to go. Oh and who are all of you?” Allen asked once he revised that there where some new faces in the group.
“These people are with the BAU a unit in the FBI based out of DC,” Colby told Allen.
“I’m Allen Jessie’s grandfather, but the girls all call me Pappy,” Allen told the new comers.
“I don’t mean to be road, but you said girls are you in charge of getting all of them home by a serten time,” J.J. asked noticing that Allen was acting more like a father instead of a grandfather.
“Becky you should have told me that you where meeting up with mind readers. No miss I am how ever the leage garden for all doctors under the age of eight teen. If you had kids you would under stand,” Allen said trying to get Becky and Jessie to hurry up.
“I have a son sir and I completely understand Hotch we should probly call it a night and start bright and early tomorrow,” J.J. signaled to Hotch to agree to help Allen pull the girls away from what they where doing.
“I would have to agree I have a little man waiting on his nightly phone call any way,” Hotch said signaling to the rest of the team to start packing up as well.
“Thank you, oh and by the way any meetings that need to take place after seven are at the house. David will give you the address. Come on girls lets go,” Allen said following Jessie and Becky out of the room.
“That was strange. Is he always like that,” Blake asked David after Allen was out of ear shot.
“When Don and Charlie worked here he was laid back, but once Ameta handed off Jessie to him to take care of her. He has been protective of her and when Becky broke down and told him why she had been spending so many nights at their house instead of her own. He filed and won cusidy of her and treats her just like Jessie,” Liz told her.
“Well I really should give Beth a call and see how Jack is, especially with today being what it is,” Hotch said remembering the anivery of his first wife’s death. He had since married Beth and Jack could seem to be happier.
“Sounds like a deal see every one hear lets say around seven tomorrow morning,” David said grabbing his suit coat.
As they other where leaving Reid caught Crissy by the arm “You want to grab a drink and talk about it?” Reid suggested hoping to melt the icy stair before is was noticed by the others.
“Maybe I have some thing I have to do first so I will meet you there,” Crissy said knowing that she wasn’t going to make it to the bar. Not with her brother’s girl and Laurn in the same town.

The author's comments:
Sorry for the delay. It has been hard to balance getting ready for collage with writing. I hope you like this chapter I will up load the next Chapter as soon as I can

Yet another nice day was given to the team. They are walking up to an ally way where a yellow tape is blocking off an area where a half a dozen cops are standing around. One of the policemen sees the girls, lifts up the tape, and then smiles at Crissy.
Crissy hated how guys always seemed to look at her like that. To Crissy she wasn’t any thing speachel, though every guy she met after she turned twenty-five never took their eyes off of her. Well every guy except the one she wanted, but she learned very early on that if you want something or someone to keep it to her self because other wise you are just going to make a fool out of yourself. As Crissy looked over the crime scean she saw out of the corner of her eye a blond woman walking towards her. It may have been the fact that Crissy didn’t sleep at all last night or the fact of the pain she was dealing with after the abuse Laurn did to her last night that made her think it was Laurn. When she looked up and saw J.J., it was a little easier for her to breath.
J.J. wasn’t alone when she was walking up to the scean Morgan and Colby were with her. J.J. seemed to remember hearing someone walking back and forth in front of her hotel room door last night. Though it was probably nothing that is why she didn’t look into further. The reason last nights events came into her mind was because Crissy looked to have the beginnings of a black eye forming on her left eye. The weird thing was if the pacer was Crissy why would she be doing that and who attacked her.
“So how did the three of us get stuck on babysitting duty,” Morgan joked breaking J.J.’s concentration.
“Don’t let them hear that,” Colby warned Morgan knowing how much Crissy would flip out after hearing a comment like that.
“So do they have a leader like most groups,” J.J. asked noticing how the girls all seemed to follow Crissy’s lead over Tiff’s.
“Yeah they do, but at times like this Tiff takes over. Once the real leader takes over stay out of her way or you will end up worst then an alligator that was turned into a pair of boots,” Colby told them.
“Alright girls lets get to work,” Tiff told the group of girls after noticing that others had joined their little group.
Crissy walked by J.J. she examined her sister in law; man she couldn’t handle a gaiter if she had too. Crissy said to herself.
J.J. wasn’t quite sure what to think about Crissy. She seemed to be very conservative, but something about her made J.J. think Crissy held a secret that would harm a lot of people if it ever got out.
After looking around Crissy saw repays of all of Laurn’s sceans. Be it the play ground where she beat Crissy or any of the other crime sceans that where photographed in the file.
“Is every thing okay?” Tiff asked noticing Crissy’s eye.
Crissy wasn’t sure how to answer that. How could she tell Tiff that the Devil in a Jersey was killing people because Crissy wouldn’t let her kill who she wanted to kill. All Crissy could do was look at J.J. and realize how little she knew about the family she was now part of and how it got to be as messed up as it was. That lack of knowledge might as well end up being the death of her.
“So did you find anything we missed?” J.J. asked the girls but no one seemed to have heard her.
“Well I would hate to be a blond in LA right about now,” Lizzie told the group.
“ Ha-ha, and you wanted to die your hair blond,” Jessie joked.
All of a sudden Lizzie’s phone went off. “Hello … yes ma’am… I’m sorry ma’am… I will be right there ma’am… On my way now ma’am,” Lizzie said into the phone. Lizzie gave a quick wave to Crissy and Tiff, jumped in her car and drove off.

***

We have now re entered the FBI office. This time it is different every one who works on the floor is gathering around the conference room entience. The BAU is in the conference room finalizing their profile before they give it to the other agents. The Doctors are all gathered in a group in the back Crissy is in the center of the group talking to Tiff about what to do next. David Sinclair and his team are sitting front and center of the group of FBI agents waiting to hear what the BAU has come up with regarding their case. That is when Morgan holds open the door to the conference room open so his team can join the others. The BAU spreads themselves around the group. Blake headed towards the doctors wanting to see Crissy’s reaction to the profile.
With a quick nod Hotch started the team off “Alright, lets get started,” Hotch said trying to get everyone’s attention. “What we have figured is that the unsub is female due to the lack of defensive wounds on the dictums.”
“She doesn’t hold down a 9 to 5 Job due to the flexibility of times that the murders accrued so look for some one who works in a retail job probably part time,” Morgan added in.
With the last comment Blake noticed a tad bit of uneasiness coming from Crissy. She was rubbing her arm for some reason like it was bruised or something. The other Doctors didn’t seem too concerned by it so Blake figured it was nothing.
“She is active and has probly grown up that way,” J.J. stated.
This time Crissy seemed more annoyed then anything else. Blake was starting to since that Crissy knew more about this case then she was letting on. “It is very obvious she seems to finds pleasure in these crimes and seems not to have any signs of slowing down any time soon,” Blake added in noticing Crissy had gone back to the arm rub.
It does not seem as if she has any set target in mind,” Reid said the planed trigger with worked.
Out of know where Crissy called out to him, “No target, Skip seriously how much did that girl mess you up. Man you know dam well who the main target is and how they are in more danger now then ever. You also know how I would do anything to protect her and keep her out of harms way, but someone doesn’t want me any where near her.”
Blake noticed that Crissy seemed to be saying that last part more in JJ’s direction then Reid’s. So she made a mental note to have Garcia look into Crissy’s past.
“Wait you can talk,” Rossi said right on cue. The BAU was trying to get Crissy to come out of her shell due to the concerns that she had information they needed to solve this case once and for all.

The silence was broken by David’s Cell phone ringing. He walks away from the group to answer it. While he is gone all of the agents that are not on the case got up and went back to their desks to continue what they where doing. Blake took this time to go and talk to Garcia who was set up in the computer lab, which wasn’t to far from the group. “Garcia I need something,” Blake told the blond who was clearly out of place among the other computer techs.

“What is it?” Garcia answered ready to do something.

“I need you to look in to someone’s past,” Blake, said casualty knowing how protective the FBI was of their consultants.

Garsia picked this up with out hesitation and handed Blake a pen and paper. Blake wrote down Crissy’s name hoping that the other computer techs wouldn’t be nosie when Garsia was looking into her past.

Garcia took the paper back once Blake was done writing. “I will open up their past like a can of tuna,” Garcia told Blake.

“This is just between us last time we need right now is over protective parents,” Blake told her.

“Got it and I will let you know what I find,” Garcia told Blake.

Blake sadisfied by this answer turned around and left the room. As She walked out Blake noticed that the Doctors where asking Crissy about her eye that she had tried so hard to cover up. Crissy kept shaking them off like the brose that was forming was around her eye was nothing to be concerned about.

Blake walked over to Hotch to tell him about what she had noticed with Crissy. “What have you figured out?” Hotch asked when they where alone in the conference room.
“She has a bruse coming in around her left eye. She is very sensitive when some one gets too close to her. She has been rubbing her left arm like it is hurt in some way,” Blake told Hotch.
“What about her reactions to the profile?” Hotch asked her.
“There where some parts she must have agreed with because she rubbed her arm. Though something that was strange was when she said about protecting someone she was looking directly at JJ not Reid,” Blake informed him.
“Have Garcia see what she can dig up on our secretive Doctor,” Hotch told her.
“ I already have her on it and she knows to keep it on the down low,” Blake said as she noticed that Garcia was heading their way.
“Sorry sir I just needed to warn you sir that I got what you needed, but the CIA has most of her earlier records on lock down,” Garcia said once the door was close behind her.
“How early are her earlier files?” Hotch asked her.
“More then five years ago,” Garcia told him.
“So we only have data on the past five years of this girls life. What is she in to that the CIA blocks every thing prier to that?” Blake asked.
“Well those five years were also blocked I was just able to hack into those years,” Garcia told them.
“That would explain why she is on the phone right now and heading our way,” Hotch said as he watched Crissy pick up the phone on the desk closet to her and hang up and start walking tords them.
Once the door closed behind Crissy, she started to rip in to them “ What in the world where you thinking digging around in my past. There is nothing in there that I couldn’t tell you myself. Trust me when I say there is a reason I had them blocked that way no one else in my family gets hurt,”
“Why are you holding back information from us we are trying to help solve this case?” Hotch asked her.
“I have given you every thing I know about this case that I could give my brother if he asked me about this case,” Crissy told them.
“What does your brother have to do with this case?” Blake asked.
“If I don’t watch what I say around a certain person, he will find out things that my father made me promise never to tell him or let him find out,” Crissy said
“Garcia I need you and JJ to go over the victumes’ past and see if you can find any conections between them,” Hotch told Garcia.
“Yes sir,” Garcia said before leaving.
Crissy watched Garcia go over to JJ, tell her what Hotch wanted, and then lead her to the computer lab. “She wont find anything. The only real conection that there is between all of the victumes is that they all wanted to coment suiside. I cought them before they actualy did and told them if they wanted to die they might as well help save a mother and her kid’s life while doing so,” Crissy said rubbing her left arm.
“So you found these people and set them up for our unsub to kill,” Hotch pondered.
“Yes, I know it was selfish of me, but if you would have seen him before she showed up you would have done the same thing,” Crissy said still rubbing her arm.
“ Blake why don’t you sit down with Crissy here and talk about what she knows about this case,” Hotch suggested.
“How do I know that she wont tell my brother about what I tell her,” Crissy said taking a seat.
“Blake is the newist member of our team. If you say your brother has a conection to our team she will be the last one to figure out who he is,” Hotch told her as he walked out of the room.
“I am still not going to tell you his name not even Skip knows his name,” Crissy told Blake as she sat down.
“Alright lets start at the beginning or where ever you would like to start,” Blake suggested.
“I’ll start about a month before my brother met his savor. He had been back with Laurn for about two months straight at the time, but heading down hill fast. He had started drinking heavily again. It was to the point his boss was noticing. He would even drink on the job. Our mom wasn’t sure how to help him. You see he would start drinking when Laurn was getting on his nerves. That was always the sign that the relationship was coming to an end. The reason it had always started up again was because he believed she was the best he could do. The two days before your team showed up he called in the case. With his drinking and Laurn he knew he needed help.
When he talked to her on the phone he was at our mom’s house. Mom says something changed with him during the conversation. He smiled and sounded happy. Something he hadn’t sounded like in a long time. When your team showed up our mom had just dragged him to the crime scean from the bar. Laurn and him had a fight the night before. He was bearly able to stand let alone work, but when mom reminded him about the girl on the phone he chugged a 2 litter of Mt. Dew and a pot of coffee on the spot.
Your team however was not able to tell how much of a mess he really was. Mom was just leaving the area when your team showed up. She noticed his savor right off the bat because as soon as she got home she was calling me to tell me that there was hope for him. I really didn’t believe her until Smitty called me to tell me that he was starting to shape up and stand his ground. Witch is a lot coming from him.
After the case was solved and your team went home is when they really started to notice the change in my brother. His boss even called me one day and said that he wanted to know what happen that made him change so much. That is when I called my mom to see what was going on. She talked to me for hours about how my brother was relising how much he didn’t need Laurn any more. She also talked about how much he seemed to be ready to move on when he stoped by the house after he broke up with Laurn for the last time.
He told her about how much his savor had changed his life and how he now knew there was someone better out there for him then Laurn. Mom seemed to be really happy about it all even after she started to come down and spend the weekend with him or he would go and spend some time with her up in DC. As my mom likes to put it she saved his life with out even knowing how much she ment to him since the day they met. You know they have been together for about nine years now. “ Crissy told Blake smiling because she now relised how far her brother had come in such a short amount of time.
“How does that all relate to the case?” Blake asked
“Well if you would look in the file you will relies that in the beginning there was a few gaps her and there between the murders. Those where the times in witch Laurn was with my brother and for the past nine years the murders have been pretty steady for the last nine years how ever,” Crissy said bringing up her reasoning with out really telling her.
“Ok that explaines how the murders relate to your family, but it doesn’t tell me why you have a tender spot on your left arm or how you got the shiner on your eye?” Blake pointed out.
“Where my arm is concerned it is nothing more then a bruse that never healed right and my eye is from my protection detail last night. She should have never came out here exsetionly now that Laurn has found out about the child, that poor kid. Can’t be more then eight years old and already has some one out to kill him,” Crissy told Blake.
“Wait our unsub tried to kill some one last night,” Blake clearified.
“Yeah, but she didn’t get to far not with me there. There is no way he would ever talk to me again if he found out that I let her get hurt on my watch,” Crissy vented.
“Looks like they got something,” Blake said getting up.
“I wonder what they got,” Crissy said following Blake out of the room.
David is seen coming back to the group with a pen and pad out and a look of displeasure on his face. He then looks at the group and says ”We have another murder and this one hits a little close to home.”
“I didn’t plan that one,” Crissy told Blake in a way only she could hear.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.