London's Stalker | Teen Ink

London's Stalker

By Makaila_S., Portland, Oregon
Makaila_S., Portland, Oregon

What if the one who broke your heart is the only one who can fix it?

I am in the woods, running. Where? I have no idea. Why? Because if Jason finds me, i'm dead meat. What time? I have no idea. I ran away from my home deep in the forest where humans never go. And yes, we call them humans. And by we, i mean the Angels. Well, now that you know im an Angel, you most likely are wondering why im not flying with my wings. Well... for example, if you think about puberty, you have to wait until your body is ready to go through that system. Well same with growing wings. Your body has to wait till its ready to produce its wings. And right now, im going through that. For the past week, i haven't been able to sleep because of the pain in my back.

Anyhow, im running as fast as i can. The sun is setting and it looks like i have about 1 hour till dark. Im panicking right now because i don't know how i'm gonna hide from Jason. I once loved him, until all he wanted was sex. Then we had a big fight and now here i am. Running for my life. and from the, once, love of my life.

As i am dodging trees and rocks, i can faintly see some light peaking its way through the thick wave of endless trees. I can feel my legs screaming at me to stop for a couple of seconds, but i ignore them, desperate for safety... if there is safety... somewhere.

My breathing is becoming heavy and more needed. I have no idea how long i have been running, but im getting closer by the lights and i think i hear small noises. Ive never been to a human town. The government NEVER lets people who are Juniors and below go outside the gates of our world. For safety reasons. Mostly so they won't figure out there are other creatures out there besides humans. You see, there is 6 types of "stages" in our world. The first is PreBorn for new borns to age 5. Then its Semi, age 9 to 15. Then its Juniors (me included), from age 16 to 20. And the Bigs, which is age 21 to 30. And the Oldies, age 31 to 45. And last but not least, the Elders, 45 till death. The Elders are like the Government, making sure everything is in order. And I'm 17, about to be 18 in August, two months from now. I will explain everything later, but for now, back to the story.

Im almost to the edge of the forest and i can hear a lot of noises and the lights are very bright. Well, compared to the light we use. Which is just candles and fire. Old fashion... i know.

As i am running towards the forest line, i can see very tall buildings peaking over the tall trees above me. Creating big shadows. The sun is now just a few minutes till dark. My legs feel like jell-o and my chest is hurting form the deep breaths. My back is also starting to hurt like hell. Worse then before! I fall to my knees, and let a few pain-full tears slip from my eyes. The pain in my back is getting worse and worse and i cant bear it any longer. I start to scream in pain. I don't know if Jason is after me or notices i'm gone yet, but if he is, i'm sure he can hear the scream im letting loose right now.

I reach behind me and start clawing at my shirt and back. I hear ripping and i rip my shirt off all the way, so im only in my sports bra.

I can feel my skin ripping and its burning. I reach behind me and feel something soft, sticky, and warm. I get a grip on it and pull. It hurts like hell to feel something coming out of my back. I finally was able to rip the weird thing out of my back and see a feather. It was a light green feather. My wings! I thought to myself. They must be coming out!

I was brought out of my thoughts when i felt more pain. Excruciating pain burning my upper back. I screamed again, the loudest scream i could and i could feel the pain ever-so-slowly fading away. I fell to my side and just held myself. Tears poured form my eyes and i was becoming weak. Im school, they said that once your wings start to grow, you need to go the the nurse because you loose a lot of blood from the wings ripping your skin open. But the thing is, i dont have a nurse to go to. I guess im gonna die here.

I used all the strength i had to try to get up and hide in the... city? Yeah, city. Too small to be a town. Anyway, i got up, my legs and back screaming at me in protest. But i ignored them. I started to walk to the town not to far form my current spot. Maybe a football field away.

It took maybe 15 minutes to get into the city, but i made it. I walked down a dark ally and leaned up against a brick wall. My back was still hurting, but i was trying to hide it, incase someone found me.

I closed my eyes, waiting for my body to bleed to death, but i heard a faint fluttering of wings that sounded like a hum. I knew that sound anywhere. Jason.

"Jason..." I said, barley above a whisper.

Jason chuckled evilly, "Miss me, Darlin?" He landed swiftly on his feet in front of me. He has had his wings since he was 15 and he is now 19. So he got to go to a after school flight school thingie. So not fair.

"Y-you have..." I was desperate for air and i felt myself slowly starting to pass out from the pain and loss of blood. "no right... to c-call me..." I closed my eyes for a brief second and when i opened them again, i saw just a sliver of pain in his eyes, but it went away as fast as it came. "Indie."

He chuckled again, that shimmer of "pain" long gone. "Well, Indie. I like to think i do." He reached in his jeans pocket and took out something. My vision was getting blurry and i was starting to see little black lights cloud it. I could feel my wings aching and i knew they were almost fully grown, waiting to be able to spread out.

I looked at Jason through my blurry vision and saw something shine in the light. A blade. He was gonna kill me. I felt fear spread through me, but then thought, if he killed me... all this pain would melt away...

"Now, i see you are already hurt enough and you lost a good amount of blood, so you just made this easier... on my part, of course." He brought the blade to my neck and just drew a line from the left side of my neck to the right, but he didn't put enough pressure to break the skin. I was just frozen. I couldn't move, even if i wanted to. Then he drew it away from my neck and to my freshly grown wings. Fear spreader through my body even more. I held a long, hard stare, looking into his eyes, looking for at least a little bit of regret or anything along the lines of that.

"Good bye, Indie." And with that, he drove the knife right into my wing, just barley missing my back. I screamed in pain. I think the whole town shook as i screamed my lungs out. The pain was unbearable. Now, i wish Jason would have just killed me quickly, less painfully. I soon couldnt scream anymore because of the pain. It felt like someone was burning you alive. And it didnt feel great.

Before i passed out from the loss of blood and pain, i looked down the ally, towards the lights an noise, and saw someone running towards me.

"Oh, my god! Are you alri-" The person stopped and looked at, what i was assuming, my wings, eyes wide as saucers. "W-what are y-you?" They took a few steps back and all i could say before i was welcomed into darkness was,

"H-help... m-me"

I can hear voices around me... but i dont know who from. From the back of my eye lids... i can see a bright light, and it is hurting my head. But besides that... all i can see is darkness. Did i finally die? The voices sound like there is more than two people, but i cant make out what they are saying. I cant move, but i can feel. I can feel myself laying on something soft and squishy and warm. I can feel a little prick in my arm, but i dont do anything... i can't do anything. It doesn't hurt, but i can feel it being pulled out of my arm. I am getting a little freaked out because i have no idea where i am.

And as those thoughts run through my head, the event with Jason starts to flood my memories and i can feel myself beginning to shake from fear. And that pumps some kind of "energy" through me and my eyes shot open. I can feel the memory of Jason driving the knife into my skin and i start to scream. I sit up and i can feel multiple pairs of hands trying to calm me down, but im still screaming. I feel a hand on my mouth and immediately stop moving and screaming. Afraid of the face that it could be Jason.

I take this time to look at my surroundings. I am in a rather small, white-ish room. There are 6 others in the room looking scared, shocked, and confused. Five of them are crowded around my bed and another one is behind me, holding his hand against my mouth. Humans.

I am still not moving, afraid of these humans. In school, they say that humans can be either dangerous or nice, but most are dangerous. And im afraid these ones are dangerous.

The one holding my mouth leans down in my ear and i can feel my heart quicken as his breath hits my neck.

"If i let you go... will you promise not to scream?" He asked. I nodded quickly and he let me go and i immediately scooted myself back in the bed-looking-thingie, until my back hit the wall. I felt an excruciating pain slice through me like a razor. I screamed out in pain and one of the people with a white coat comes over to me and checks my back.

"Im sorry, Miss. But you have to keep it easy with your back. You bruised it very badly and you . Mind telling my what happened?" He asked, nicely. I just stayed quiet, not knowing what to tell him... or if i can tell him. I just shake my head and look at everyone else.

The white-coated man just nodes his head and turns to the others. They are all boys and they look to be in the Juniors with me.

They are whispering amongst each other and i can make out what they are saying, but as Whitey (im just gonna call the white-coated person that) finishes with his sentence, one of the boys with a shaved head looks at me and back at Whitey and starts whispering to him. It goes back and forth until i feel my eye lids getting heavy and i lay back down and close my eyes. This is gonna be a long night...

*Harry's POV*

The doctor walked out of the room, still trying to figure out who the girl is. I look away from everyone else and look over at the mysterious girl i found in the ally. She is different. I can tell you that. When i found her, she had something going INTO her back, along with a knife. There was blood everywhere around her. Her eyes were distant, but I couldnt tell the colour because by the time i got to her, she was unconscious. Most likely from blood-loss or...something. She was in pain, no doubt. But like i saw earlier, something was going into her back, and not just the knife.

I was snapped out of my trance when i heard my name being called, repeatedly

"W-what? Sorry..." I said and turned to look at everyone else, who seemed to be looking at me weird,all except Louis who was looking at me with a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes, knowing i would have a "talk" with him later.

Liam was the first to speak up, "We were discussing what we were gonna do with the girl. The doctors ran some DNA tests and other... stuff, but they didnt find any matches to who she is, they think she isnt a citizen."

"So are we gonna wait for her to wake up? So we can ask her questions?" Niall asked. I looked over at him, not knowing how to answer that.

"I guess its the only way. We just need to ask the doc. how long it will be 'till she wakes up..." Zayn said. We all agreed and took a seat in the rolling chairs by the bed. I took this time to take a look at... man, we need to find out her name. Anyway, i studied her. I know it might sound stalker-ish, but when you find a random girl in an ally all bloody and has a knife in her back, you start to wonder who... or what did this to her. But i cant stop thinking about the weird stuff that seemed to disappear into her back. I didnt tell the boys about it, but i will ask her about it later.

But before i can respond with something Louis said, i heard a small, scared voice say, "W-where am i? And ...w-who are y-you?"

*Indigo's POV*

I am awoken by a loud, slightly squeaky voice. I slowly opened my eyes, not knowing what to expect. But as i looked around, i saw the same six people as before. But i somehow found courage to ask the one question i have been wondering since i left the Angels territory.

"W-where am i? And... w-who are y-you?" I asked, my voice shaky, full of fear. They looked at each other, sharing surprised looks. The one black hair, and may i say, a nice jaw-line, answered first.

"Love, we are One Direction. Dont you know who we are?"

I just stared at them, not knowing what to say or do. The truth is, i have no idea who they are. You see, where im from, we dont give a rat's tail about the humans. We only learn a little bit about them so we have an idea about the other "life styles" out there. Worlds the humans are never to know because if they did, they would destroy the balance of life itself. I dont know why, but humans are clueless to things like us... and we need it to STAY that way.

"Im sorry, but i dont know who you are." I said in a quiet voice. Like a little kid in punishment. They all stared at me, wide-eyed. Like im suppose to know exactly who they are.

"Have you been living under a rock your whole life?!" The one with a high-ish voice said. I looked down in shame. I knew i should have studied more about them.

"Louis!" I looked up when the one with curly hair hit the back of, who i assume to be, Louis' head. "Be nice!" He then looked directly into my eyes. And i didnt look away. It was like i was in a curse, not able to look away, but not wanting to look away, either. "We dont know her whole story." I then knew that he saw my wings. He may not know it was my wings, but he saw something. And he wasnt gonna let it go until he got answers. But the problem is... am i gonna tell him? And how am i gonna tell him?

The white-coated man walked back into the room with a clip-board and a cup of water with some pills in his hand.

"Okay, do you mind if i ask you some questions so we may find-out who you are?" He asked. I nodded my head. I dont care if they try to know me, but i know for a fact that i wont be in their system.

"Alright then, take these real quick, they will ease the back pain." He gave me the pills. I held them in my hand, not knowing what to do with them. I almost forgot about the Jason incident. But as soon I looked at the white-coated man.

"Um, what do i do with them?" I asked. He chuckled a little bit and wrote something down on his clip-board.

"Put them on the back of you're tongue and swallow with the water." He said with a friendly smile on his face. I smiled back and did as he said. So far, they arent as dangerous as i was afraid they would be.

"Okay, get comfortable because this will take some time to figure out who you are." I nodded and re-situated myself to where im comfortable. And for once this past hour, i looked over at the others who were on the edge of their seats.

"Whats your name, darlin'?" He asked and i looked over to him.

"Indigo." I said firmly, somehow gaining confidence.

"Thats a beautiful name!" An Irish accent said. I looked over to the others, but didnt know who said it so i just went with a 'thanks' and returned my attention to the white-coated man.

"I agree," he said, "and how old are you?"

"17." He continued to write on his clip-board with everything i said.

"Oh! I almost forgot, whats you're last name?" I stared at him blankly, not knowing how to answer that. Angels never had a last name. I dont know why, but i guess thats how it goes. Either we all had different names or people with the same name had it spelt differently then the other. It was just how Angel names work.

"I-i dont have one..." I said, weakly, and looked down in shame. I looked at... you know what? i need to know his name. "Im sorry, but what is you're name?" I asked nicely.

He smiled and said, "My name is Doctor Brown." I nodded, glad that i finally know his name. "But what i am confused about..." He looked to me and then the boys, "Is why she doesnt have a last name." I looked to the boys and saw them all looking at me.

"Maybe she has amnesia?" The same Irish accent that complimented my name suggested. Doctor Brown nodded.

"Maybe, but we wont know for sure until we run some more tests. Okay, next question..."

*Narrator's POV*

And so this went on. Doctor brown kept asking questions to Indigo about who she is, but still found nothing. He knew by then that she was an Angel because he, too, is an Angel. Has been for quite a few generations. Ever since 1841, Doctor Brown has been an Angel, but Indigo doesnt know that. She doesnt know a lot about the Angels and what they can do or what they are. She was only in her 2nd year of learning about her kind and the other worlds around her.

And Doctor Brown will be there for her to help her. All thru her life... how ever long that is.

And as for Jason, he is in the background. Watching and learning everything he can about these humans with Indigo. His powers are to talk through the mind, like a voice in your head, and he can fly super fast, like... as fast as a Jet plane where as others are just as fast as a regular plane... which isnt that fast compared to Jet-ers.

But those humans wont stop him from killing Indigo...

We've stayed here for another couple hours and Doctor Brown finished asking the questions and they still cant find out who i am... which is good. I need to make sure that they dont find out who... or what i am. At least not until i trust them enough. Doctor Brown said i could go "home" today and they are talking about it in their little circle at the other side of this white room.

I honestly have no idea where im gonna stay. I dont really mind living on the streets but i dont wanna get killed by Jason. I dont know how i used to love him. Okay, maybe i didnt really "love" him, i just had a major crush on him. But now that i look at it... there is no way i could EVER "INDIGO!"

I was brought out of my thoughts when i heard multiple people yelling my name. I jumped in my bed and looked at everyone who looked as they were trying to not laugh.

"What?" I asked, innocently.

"What do you thing about it?" The one with curly hair said... i think his name is... Barry? No, no... HARRY! Yeah, Harry. But i just stared at him weirdly, not knowing what he was talking about... at all.

"Sorry, about what?" I looked to all of them and they all looked at Harry.

He just chuckled and said, "You dont have a home and i-WE were wondering if you wanted to come live with us until they find you a home." I just stared at them, not knowing what to say. I want to say yes, but i dont want to... mess-up their lives. All i bring is trouble and trouble is all their gonna get out of me. And what about my wings?! how am i gonna hie them if i cant even control them?

"Im sorry, but i dont want to... interfere with you're lives..." I said a little uneasy. I really dont know about staying with them, yet.

"Oh, no. You wont be 'interfering' with our lives. We all talked about this and we thought it would be a good idea. Until you find your parents or family." The Irish one said. I thought it over for a little bit. On one hand, if i live with them, they might protect me from Jason and i might be able to "survive" easier. But on the other hand, I still dont trust them enough to know my secret. Then, i dont know what Jason is gonna do to them if he finds out about them... i just dont know what im gonna do.

"Fine." I said without much thought. I know this might become a disaster, but can you blame me? Im being hunted and a group of five guys offer to watch over me.

Just then, a buff-looking man walks in and goes strait to the boys and starts to talk to them, privately. Doctor Brown walks over to me and sits on the chair by my bed.

"I know what you are. And dont worry, your secret is safe with me." He whispers in my ear. My eyes widen and i look strait into his eyes.

"How do you know about that?" I damanded in a whisper loud enough for just the two of us to hear. He just smiled and returned his attention to the group, who is now turned to us and looking at us like we are talking in a weird language. "What?" I asked all of them.

"Nothing, nothing." Mr. Buff said. "But if you are staying with the boys, you need to promise us something." He said with a strait face. I nodded, eager to get out of here. "Do you promise you are not a fan trying to make other fan jealous or just using them for their money and/or fame?" I just stared at him weirdly. Fans? What fans? Are they well-known or something? I decided to just promise and ask later.

"I Promise." I said. He stared into my eyes for a couple of minutes and he nodded and returned to the boys. I then remembered about Doctor Brown and turned to him. But he was holding a card in front of my face. I took it and saw ten numbers on the first line and on the second line i saw 'gbrown12. I looked at him weird and he just said,

"If you have any questions about anything or just need to talk, this will be how you contact me." I nodded and someone cleared their throat. Doctor Brown just turned his head towards him and said "I was just giving Ms. Indigo my information in case of another incident.

"Okay, well, we better be going. Ready, Indigo?" Harry asked. I nodded and hopped off the bed.

"Lets go..." I said, already walking towards the door. But one thought stuck with me;
How did he know about me?

We've been on he road for about half an hour on our way to their house and my new home. I dont know what to expect. But once we got there, my mouth dropped open like a monkey in a field of banana trees.

"Like it?" The one with a quiff said. I turned to him and nodded my head.

"Yes, i do. Very much. Its big..." I replied, returning my attention to the massive house. Its big and beautiful, but how could they afford this? I thought humans were suppose to not have much money...
The car stopped and everyone started to get out and i waited to be the last to get out.

"Are you comin', Indie?" Harry asked, poking his head back into the car. Indie? Is that like a new name for me?

"U-um, yeah." I hopped out of the car and started walking towards the house. Now that i am up-close to it, IT IS MASSIVE!
We walked through the doors and i just had to say something.

"This is such a beautiful home! How can you afford all this?" I asked to no one. The one with a squeaky-ish voice answered first.

"Because we are famous, love. One Direction? Biggest Boy band in the world? A LOT better than Justin Bieber?"

"HAY!" Irish yelled at the other one. Okay, i need the know their names...

"What? Its true." He laughed.

"What is all your names?" I asked out of the blue.

"I am Horan. Niall Horan." Irish said, stepping forward and taking my right hand in his, bringing it to his lips and kissing my knuckles. I giggled a little and said,

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Horan."

Then Harry stepped forward, grabbed my right hand, bowed and said, "I am Styles. Harry Edward Styles." He then brought his other hand and softly grabbed my waist and pulled me in and kissed my cheek. I felt little electricity bolts spread from that spot where he kissed me and i felt a shiver run down my spine. When he removed his lips from my skin, i wanted to feel it again. Ive never felt something like that before... and i was craving it. We just stared into each others eyes until someone cleared their throat. We both looked at the others and i could feel my cheeks heat up like a fire. I dont know whats happening to me...

"Okay... anywho, I'm Liam Payne. Its nice to meet you, love." He smiled warmly and stepped forward and grabbed my right hand with his left and shook them both.

"Its very nice to meet you, Mr. Payne." I said, returning the smile. He stepped back into the little huddle they were in and then Mr. Quiff turned around and said,

"I'm Malik. Zayn Malik."

"Or you could call him 'Bradford Bad Boy'." Mr. Squeaky said. I laughed and nodded. Zayn just sighed.

"I dont even say that any more..." He said and turned around to the others.

"Hi! Im Louis 'Tomo' Tomlison." I turned around but before i could turn completely, he picked me up from behind and spun me around. I screamed while laughing and said with a giggle,

"Put me down!" He laughed and put me down. We looked to the others and we were being watched. Intently.

"Okay, so... are you gonna tell us you're last name yet, Indigo?" Liam said, looking into my eyes, burning a hole in them. I looked away from his gaze and looked at everyone else. I didnt know what to say. 'Oh, i dont have a last name because im an Angel'? NO! I still dont trust them enough.

"Like i told you before... i dont hav- I mean i cant remember." I said, looking down when i finished talking.

"Well... okay, but you need one so we will find you one later. But for now, you need a room so," He looked around for a couple of seconds and turned back to me, "Niall will show you to your room and we will talk later about all the other stuff you will need to know to live here and with us. Okay?"

"Got it, and thank you all again." i said and they nodded and Niall took my hand and said,

"Alright, lets go see your room, then." I nodded and followed him up a set of stairs behind me.

I will Finnish this later

Im walking down a long hallway, right behind Niall, as he is still holding my hand.

"So, what happened? Harry said something about finding you injured in an alley. You had a knife in sour back!" He exclaimed, looking back at me with a horrified look on his face. I thought back on what happened, i could feel the pain in my back again, when my wings started to grow. I could feel when Jason stabbed me, when he threw me against the cold and hard brick wall. I could feel myself start to shake, I winced, the pain is finally subsiding. I looked back at Niall, him looking right back at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked in the most innocent voice i could.

"What was that? What just happened? Are you okay-" He started, but i cut him off.

"Im fine, im fine. Cool your nickers." I said. I looked up at him, and he stated laughing his head off. I stared at him for a minuet before i, too, started laughing. We were doubled over, laughing our ass' off, in the middle of the hall, right outside my new bedroom. We both fell on the ground, holding our stomachs, laughing till they hurt.

"I-im gon-gonna pee-e!" He yelled. I finally stopped laughing and sat up. Soon after, like a few seconds, he stopped laughing and sat up. My long blonde hair was now in my face, hiding my tomato-red face.

"Okay... im good..." I said, taking deep breaths, trying to gain my breath back. My lungs started to hurt and i winced.

"Are you okay?" Niall rushed, the hair out of my face.

MortalDreamer5 BRONZE, Plainfield, Illinois

"They can say whatever they want about you, but they can never break you. Only you can break you."

So far, so good!

VioletRoyal BRONZE, Lebanon, Indiana

"To be great takes time." - NK

I really like what you have so far!  You should defnitely continue writing this story!  :)