Soccer | Teen Ink

Soccer

December 18, 2013
By Anonymous

Author's note: im good at soccer too

Xavier and his father Roberto have something in common. They're both good at soccer but their weakness, is that there shortness. One day, Xavier asked his father “Why am I short?”

“Because your grandpa is short and he’s my father so we got his shortness” said Roberto.”

“Oh so that’s why I'm short “ said Xavier. He is in 9th grade a (freshman), and tryouts for soccer were coming up.

Mr. Aaros asked him “ Are you gonna join the soccer team Xavier? “

Xavier shouted “ YESSS!!!!”

“Well I hope you do great in the tryouts “ said Mr. Aaros.

“Thank you, bye “ said Xavier.


“Who’s ready for the soccer tryouts?“ shouted the principal.

“I’m pretty sure I’m ready for the tryouts” exclaimed Xavier.

“If u are going to tryout for Varsity you have to go to the soccer field right now” said the principal.

The soccer players got dressed for the soccer tryouts and ready to go.

“Alright boys, go get warmed up. Lets go” shouted Elliot.

Elliot seemed curious why Xavier came to the varsity tryouts. He Pulled him out from the group.

“Hello Xavier. How come you're here? Not to be mean or anything.”

“Because I wanna become a future Messi!"

“Well I hope you do good son, good luck.”

“Thanks” said Xavier.

Xavier gets ready for a scrimmage, 11 verse 11. Xavier is one the red team. The first touch he takes he dribbles and takes on two other players before passing to his teammate, who then misses in front of the wide open.

"Oh my god. He sucks at soccer " Xavier whispered.

He gets the ball again and it's 1 verse 1 against the goalie. Xavier Jukes out the goalie and makes a goal and then he celebrates with a backflip. Elliot is every impressed.

“Come on boys we can still win” yelled Xavier.

“This is the spirit I need for the soccer team. We need him” whispered Elliot.

The scrimmage is over and everyone is tired expect Xavier. He goes over to Elliot and tells him, “ Coach, I need more soccer practice can I please have a training session with Albion? Just one“ said Xavier.

“Sure, you played well today Xavier. Just bring a white shirt and blue shorts and you’re ready to go “ said Elliot.

“Thank you very much. I will try my best. Bye.“

Xavier goes home and goes straight to the treadmill to start running. His mom asks him

“ What are you doing mijo? You just got form the soccer tryouts. Aren’t you tired?”

“ What do you think mom? Yes I did, but I have to run so I can be in more shape and have more stamina because tomorrow I have soccer practice with Elliot’s U15 Boys.”

“Okay, but I’m telling you you’re not gonna make it to the professional level. Just be like your father: a professional baseball player” said Mom.

“Never mom. Watch, I’m gonna prove you guys wrong. Just watch mom. Dad doesn’t care if I’m a soccer player. He just wants me to be happy. Why can’t you be like dad and support me? I’m go to sleep, goodnight “ said Xavier.

The next day in school everybody was asking Xavier if he made the team.

“Hey Xavier, did you make the soccer team?“ exclaimed the class.

“ I dont know yet because they haven’t announced it yet so ya “ said Xavier.

“Hello students this is your principal, Alexis Doe. I am going to announced the people who got into the varsity soccer team so here we go! The first person with a 9.8 score out of 10 in everything is Xavier Vargas. Good job “ said the principal.

“Oh my god dude, I got the best score out of my teammates. I’m so excited “ yelled Xavier.

“ Boo Boo you got lucky dude, you still suck “ yelled Angel.

“ At least I made it to varsity, unlike you” said Xavier.

“Your lucky I’m sick or else Ii would have gotten a 10/10” said Angel.

“Whatever, bye” said Xavier.

Xavier goes home and tells his dad. His dad gets excited because he got a 9.8 out of 10 out of everybody in the school, but his mom is the opposite she’s happy. She still thinks that he should start getting at least a bit more into a baseball and a little less in soccer and then she will be happy.

“Mom are you happy for me that I got a 9.8 out of 10? I’m so excited” said Xavier .

“No. I’m not happy although I like the score, but as I keep on telling you we don’t have the money to give you and I don’t like the sport. Be like your dad and be a professional baseball player then maybe we do have the money!” said Mom.

“I get it. Its just because of the sport or else you would give me money for baseball. Whatever then, I’m going to get ready for soccer practice. Bye” said Xavier.

He gets ready, but is crying. He tells himself good stuff about soccer and trying to be like messi one day but, his mom is letting him down. He is ready and walks out the front door, slamming the front door when he leaves. He arrives at Robb Field like around 4:29 and has like 1:30 more hours to go so he gets his tennis shoes and runs about 36 laps around the field until practice starts and is all sweaty, but he not tired. He’s just warmed up for his 1st soccer practice with Albion.

“Alright boys let's get ourselves ready. Wow Xavier what happened to you?” said Elliot.

“I came early so I ran 36 laps under 1:30 min. I’m warmed-up coach” said Xavier.

“Xavier you’re a good runner, but you’re suppose to do a slow warm up” said Elliot.

“Sorry coach. Its just that I’m used to running a lot everyday or else I feel like i am going to die” said Xavier.

Everyone laughed on Elliot’s team because almost everybody hated running. I guess hes the only one in the world that likes running.

Xavier always brings his ball to practice and starts juggling. His record is like 5692 in like non-stop and Elliot seems very impressed by him. They start doing patterns to goal and the future Messi right here scores like 20 goals. Five of them were bicycle kicks and they were awesome.

The practice is over and everybody is tired expect Xavier. Everybody is looking at him all sweaty, but he is not even dripping a sweat .

“Xavier come over here” said Elliot.

“What’s wrong coach?” asked Xavier .

“You are very good player and have very good finishing skills. I want you on my varsity team and my ALBION team too.”

“But my parents don't have the money and they don't have a car to come and drop me off over here at Robb field."

"It's okay. Your friends can pick you up and drop you off here. No need for the money because I’m going to give you a scholarship” said Elliot.

“Oh my god thank you so much, I don’t know what to say....” said Xavier.

“No need. Just don’t be late to my practice at varsity and in Albion, and try to lift weights because you need to be stronger so you don’t get pushed off the ball anymore.” said Elliot.

“Okay, and I will lift weights just because I’m in Albion ( #10 ) and I’m in the varsity team” yelled Xavier.

Xavier is so happy that he is in Albion and in the varsity team that he runs as fast as he can to his house. Suddenly he goes across the street and this guy on a motorcycle comes like 69 mph and doesn’t see him until they both crash into each other. Both are hurt really badly.

Xavier is trying to reach his phone so he can call 911 for the ambulance to come to take him to the hospital. They come in like five minutes and try to cure his broken right ankle, but they think he is going to be out for a couple of weeks. The news is on tv, and Xavier’s mom is watching tv. She sees Xavier laying down on his broken ankle and she is crying. She rushes down to the street to go see his ankle and shes crying for him. She tells him he can go play soccer again.

“I’m so sorry I doubted you Xavier. Please don’t die, I love you son” his mom desperately says.

“Mom I’m sorry, but I’m not gonna die mom. I’m just hurt really badly. Bye mom. I will meet you at the hospital, muahhh” says Xavier in a soft hurt voice.

Dad comes home from work and sees that nobody is home and is wondering where Xavier and mom are. He eventually goes to the kitchen and sees his wife’s cup of tea broken all messy so he gets on his knees and cries because he know something bad has happened. He puts on the news and sees Xavier and his mom going to the hospital. You can see xaviers bloody ankle. Its all hard and soft in the inside of his skin, and the outside is all bloody. Dad rushes to the hospital driving on the freeway like a racer, like lightning mcqueen, at 170 mph. When he gets to the hospital he goes to his son’s foot and kisses it.

“I love you son, but what the heck happened?” asked Roberto.

“ i was crossing the street and this guy in the car cra.....” whispered Xavier.

“I think we lost him doctor.”

“No we didn’t. He is just unconscious so he might not wake up until tomorrow.

“Can we stay with him until he wakes up?” asked mom.

“Yes you can but you have to get out right now because I’m going to give him a shot and medicine so he can be cured more quickly, and get back to his sport and go home with you guys” said the doctor.

“Okay, thank you doctor. How many days will he be staying doctor?” asked Mom.

“I don’t think it will be days. I think it might be like a month in this room so he might be injured during club soccer season” said the doctor.

“WHATT” both exclaimed.

“His injuries are very bad at this point so you better wish your son good luck or else he could be in here for a whole three months with the therapist” said the doctor.

“Okay, we will be back for you son in like 30 minutes. Bye” both of them said.

The doctor leaves and goes to his car to go get his lunch. He drives away because he was already off for the day when xavier got hurt so he left Xavier by himself.

Two weeks had gone by and today is Xavier’s last day in the hospital. He can almost go back to his house and go back to training at Albion and on the varsity team. After a few hours the doctor comes back to the examination room and goes straight to his parents telling them, “You can take back your son to the house, but he has to take some pills for two weeks and can’t play soccer for one week.”

“What! I can’t play soccer? But i feel great” exclaimed Xavier.

“Nope, you’re going to stay in bed for one whole week” said the doctor.

Xavier gets inside the car and is getting sleepy while mom and dad take him home. You can still see all the blood on his shirt and his short because he can’t take shower with a broken ankle. They get home and try to get him up by saying, “Get up Xavier. We’re here at you’re beautiful house.”

“Stop I wanna sleep” said Xavier.

His dad carries him to bed. A couple hours later they have dinner without Xavier because they didn’t wanna wake him up from his nap.

It was 9:00 at night and he woke up and said, “Hi mom hi dad. I’m ready to eat.” He could hear mom and dad snoring and wants to wake them up, but at the same time he doesn’t so he orders a pizza.

“Can I get a large pepperoni pizza please?” whispered Xavier.

“Would you like to have a king size one for only 3$ more?” said the pizza delivery guy.

But he only had 6$ for the pizza so he goes to his parent’s room and gets 5$ more from his dad’s wallet.

“Yes, I would i have the king size pizza. How long is it gonna take?” said Xavier.

“Its gonna take five minutes” said the pizza delivery guy.

So Xavier plays some xbox while the pizza is on its way. He challenges a guy on xbox live in Fifa 14.

“He sucks at Fifa 14” Xavier says to himself.

The doorbell rings and xavier says, “Come in and leave the pizza on the counter.”

Suddenly, out of nowhere, it wasn’t the pizza delivery guy it was a hot girl that came up and kisses him out of nowhere and he says, “This is the best day of my life.” They stop kissing because the guy with the pizza was going to look. The pizza guy said, “Your pizza is gonna be $9.50.” Xavier gives him the ten dollars and the pizza guy leaves. Then xavier goes to the counter leaves the pizza there. The girl comes and said bye and kisses him one last time and he say’s, “What’s your name because I love you.”

“Xavier, my name is Victoria. Meet me tomorrow in school by the handball courts so we can talk personally” said Victoria.

Xavier gets the whole pizza box and takes it to his room and then falls asleep with the pizza on his face.

The next morning, Xavier is tired from last night and its already 7:30. He's late for school so he puts on some old dirty clothes and goes to school with no breakfast. He tries to run to school, but his leg still hurts and he collapses to the ground. He tries to get back up and he succeeds. 40 minutes later he’s barely entering the school. He enters his classroom and the teacher looks at him like, “Who the heck are you? Go to the principals office. You’re not the president or something important” and then ignores Xavier and starts teaching the class.

“Okay students, today we are going to work on fractions and decimals” said the teacher.

Xavier gets his backpack and just leaves because he doesn't feel good.

“Did he just leave?” said the teacher to the class.

“YES!” said the class.

The teacher is like omg and goes over to the desk and dials the office to tell that a student just left campus. The cops try to look for him, but he is a block away from his house already. Still, he hears the sirens coming so he goes as fast as he can to jump into a bush. The cops pass by and don’t get him. He makes it home, takes his clothes off, and goes to sleep. His parents arrive to see him asleep and they don’t wake him up because he’s still injured (or else he would have gotten a belt into his ass really badly).

The next day he wakes up at 6:00. He eats his chorizo con egg, takes a s***, brushes his teeth, and combs his hair. He doesn’t forget the most important thing, his soccer stuff for his varsity and Albion practices. But then he asks his mom something weird, “Mom, I can play soccer right? Because I wanna play so badly mom, please?” pleaded Xavier.

“Yes you can, but don’t hurt yourself please.” said Mom.

“Thank you mom. I love you, bye” said Xavier.

Seven hours have passed and Xavier is pumped up so he goes straight to the locker room, changes, and meets the girl. They make out for a little and then he goes running to get warm up.

When they are done Elliott puts them in two lines for passing, but Xavier can’t get a pass right. Elliott pulls him out of the session to talk to him, “Hey, what happened to your skills man? You were so good, but now you like suck” said Elliot.

“Its because I haven’t warmed up coach. Let me warm up and then I will be better” said Xavier.

He starts warming up and then he steps into possession. He starts playing well, but then he steps on his ankle and goes on the floor. He gets up and says he can’t play soccer anymore because it hurts a lot so he calls his parents to pick him up and take him home so he can recover for tomorrow's practice. His mom doesn't get out of work until 5:00 and its 2:29 so he has to wait a long time. He starts walking towards the taco shop to go buy a California burrito and then goes to the library to do his homework.

He gets his burrito and goes to library and the girl who kissed him is there alone so he goes over and puts his arm around her and then she starts blushing. Then they kiss. Victoria asks him, “ What are you doing here? I thought you have soccer practice with the varsity team.”

“I know. Its because I hurt my foot so coach wouldn’t let me play, and I kinda suck right now. I couldn’t even pass to my teammate” shouted Xavier.

Victoria hugs him and they go to a desk and do their homework together while they're cuddling like a relationship. It’s 4:30 and Xavier has been with this girl, but still hasn’t asked her out so right now they are just like strangers kissing. Its about time, but Xavier is worried that she might say no or something like that.

“Victoria?” questioned Xavier.

“Yes?” said Victoria.

“Would.......you be my girlfriend?” asked Xavier.

“Yes Ii would babe!” exclaimed Victoria.

They kiss again until Victoria’s dad calls and says, “Ya estoy aqui afuera de la library.”

“I have to go Xavier. I love you babe. 12-12-12. My dad is waiting outside” said Victoria.

“Okay, I love you to babe. Bye, see you tomorrow” said Xavier.

After she leaves this 7th grade girl comes and sits next to Xavier and he is like, “What is she doing?”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.