The Girl Who Wished For the TARDIS

Author's note: I was bored one night and an idea for this fanfiction popped into my head. I started writing...  Show full author's note »
Author's note:

I was bored one night and an idea for this fanfiction popped into my head. I started writing it on my phone and I had no idea it would get this long.

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

The TARDIS arrives

When I woke up on Saturday I had nothing to do.
My family had already left before I woke up to run errands and left me a small note.
Delaney,
we are headed out for the day. Be back soon. There is food in the fridge.
Love, Mom
So I got dressed and sat in the living room with nothing to do. Then I heard it. The sound I had heard so many times, but thought I would never hear it out side of a TV show. The sound of the TARDIS materializing. I almost fainted. Running to
This is my first story I've posted on here so feed back is appreciated.
the window I saw the familiar box sitting in the front yard. Making sure my phone was in my pocket I ran to the garage. Throwing my shoes on, I ran to it.

I reached my hand out to touch it. Scared it might go away, or worse I might wake up and find it all to be a dream. My finger tip was centimeters away when the door opened. Out poked the head of the 10th Doctor.

He smiled down at me and I looked up at him. Still not able to take in all that was going on. The TARDIS landing in my yard. I had accepted that this was never going to happen. That he was not real. That I would live out my life wishing for him to come but knowing that it was not possible. Yet there he was.

A smile spread across his face.

"Hullo." He said. I couldn't help it, I started crying. Tears of joy and being overwhelmed. He looked a little startled. Then took me into his arms in a large hug. When the embrace broke I could not stop smiling.

"Well, are you coming in?" He asked.

I nodded breathlessly. He stepped inside the TARDIS. As I stepped over the thresh hold I gasped. I had seen the inside, many, many times, watching the show. But there's nothing like the real thing.

It all seemed so large. Laughing I ran up the steps, running my hands along the console.

"Well now Delaney. I didn't just stop here on a hunch. You're needed." I looked at him confused.

"Needed? Who would need me?" I asked raising an eye brow. He smirked.

"I would." Said a new voice. One that I had heard many, many times. A voice I would never forget. Hardly daring too I looked around the edge of the center of the TARDIS.

Sure enough, there he was. Hands in his pocket, smiling sadly, was Sherlock Holmes.

_________________________________
Part 2
I couldn't do it anymore. Sherlock? In the TARDIS? Wholock was something the Wholockians could only imagine in their wildest dreams. Yet here it was, in front of me. My knees buckled and I fell to the ground. On my knees, my arms stretched out in front of me I started to breathe heavily.

This could not be happening. It was a dream, or a cruel joke. The Doctor ran to me and helped me up. Sherlock stood there, smirking.

"You okay?" The Doctor asked worriedly. I nodded. The Doctor helped me to a seat. I sat there thinking widely. How? How could this be real?

"Please tell me this is really real." I said looking up at The Doctor wide eyed. "And that it's not all happening in my head."

"Why of course it's happening in your head Delaney." He replied smiling. "But why should that mean it's not real?"

"Hey! You stole that from Harry Potter!" I said accusingly. It was them I decided that this HAD to be real. Because no matter how awesome my friends are, they wouldn't have been able to come up with that quote so fast. Also, why would Benedict Cumberbatch and David Tennant fly all the way to America to fool a teenager?

"But how can you be real?" I asked. Glancing again at Sherlock who was inspecting parts of the TARDIS, close to us.

"Why wouldn't we be real?" The Doctor asked.

"I...I don't know. I watch your shows on TV. David Tennant plays you. And Sherlock, you are played by Benedict Cumberbatch!"

They both looked at me confused.
"Who's Bonodonk Cucumberbatch?" Sherlock asked. I couldn't help but giggle at the way he said the name.

"Yeah, and who's David Flennant?" The Doctor asked.

I shook my head suppressing the laughter. "Nothing, forget it. But why do you need me? I'm just Delaney, what can I do the two greatest men in the world can't?"

The Doctor blushed a little but Sherlock nodded as he walked over to us.

"We have a problem." Sherlock said looking straight at me. I started to squirm in my seat. I understood that this was Sherlock, the Sherlock I ship with John with all my might. And that he is not Benedict Cumberbatch, the actor I admire very much.

Fighting back the overwhelming feelings, and the fact that I was next to the two men who I think are the most amazing people that have ever lived I manage to say: "a problem? How could I help you with a problem? I'm stupid."

Sherlock opened his mouth to say something, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be an objection to me calling myself stupid when The Doctor interrupted. “It’s not really your brains we need you for, you are plenty smart though. It's something else. But we should tell you there."

I nod. Then say. "Shouldn't I leave a note for my family or something?"

The Doctor glances at me, a meaningful look in his eye. "We are in a time traveling machine."

I nod knowingly. I remember all the other times the Doctor said he would bring his companions home on time, but ended up being like two years late but I dismiss the thought.

"Fine, let me pack some clothes at least." The Doctor nods and Sherlock signs.

I run out the door of the TARDIS. Glancing back at it. I feel a scream rising in my throat. I'm going traveling with the Doctor and Sherlock! I run up to my room. Grabbing my backpack I start to stuff clothes in. Warm clothes, cold clothes. I also grab a note book my iPhone charger and other odds and ends. I glance around. Noticing all the Doctor Who posters and fandom things everywhere in the room. I silently vow never to let the Doctor in my room.

And with that I run out the door of my house and fling open the door of the most iconic box ever. It already feels like home when I walk in. I throw my back pack to the side. Running up to the console I look excitedly at both of them.

"Where too?" I ask excitement building in my stomach.

The Doctor smiles. "Business first, than to fun places. HOLD ON!" He screams as he starts to hit random things on the TARDIS console. I hold on to a pole. Sherlock does as well. He looks a little scared as if he doesn’t like the TARDIS.

A wild grin spreads across my face as the TARDIS starts to make the noise. It gets louder and I let loose a scream of pure joy.

_________________________________
Part 3
The TARDIS lands and Sherlock looks at me strangely.

"You really enjoyed that didn't you?" He asks.

I nod. Still not able to stop smiling. "So exactly how can I help you guys?"

The two look at each other side ways, then back to me. Sighing the Doctor says. "Let's find somewhere to sit."

All together we walk out of the TARDIS. We are in London. I figured as much. We find a park bench. I sit in the middle. The strange urge to just scream from happiness almost over takes me. The words IM SITTING NEXT TO THE DOCTOR AND SHERLOCK seem to be lighting up like a light bulb in my mind.

"So, as you may of guessed, we are not from this universe." The Doctor said. Sherlock seems to be uncomfortable with the subject.

I nodded. I had been wondering how the Doctor and Sherlock could be here. Them coming from an alternative universe made sense.

"And the Moffat here controls our worlds." He continues. "Well I was informed that something very bad was gonna to happen to Sherlock's universe that Moffat would create. The only way to stop that, is to stop Moffat."

I nod thoughtfully. "But how did you get here then?" I ask. “It should not be possible to open rifts in time for you to travel back and forth.”

He smiles. "I landed in Sherlock's universe without meaning to. And then with my knowledge of wibbily-wobbly timey-wimey stuff and Sherlock's brains we found a way to do it safely."

I sit there, starring at the Doctor with my mouth wide open. "So that means..."

The Doctor nodded, a smiling brighting his face.

"...Rose?" I finish. He nods again. I screech with happiness. Flapping my hands like a retarded seal. "YES YES YES!" Then, I being the crazy woman that I am cried a few tears of happiness.

"Oh, Doctor, that's great!" I say. He nods and I hug him. I can tell how happy he is and that lifts a weight from my shoulder, one that has been there for a while.

The moment passes and I turn to Sherlock. My newest question arising. "So now that you can travel to all universes and if Moffat is the creator of yours...does that mean." I could hardly dare myself to ask it.
"That all the books I read...I could travel to them?"

"Obvious." Sherlock states as if that's no reason to stand on the roof tops and yell. I decide it's best to stay of the roof tops though. I nearly pass out.

"Rangers Apprentice, Divergent, Hunger Games? Never mind I don't want to go there. But Hogwarts? Camp Half-Blood? HOGWARTS?!?" I repeat.

I look crazily back and forth from Sherlock to the Doctor. They are nodding.

I scream. I yelp. I dance. I run to random strangers and hug them. I sob tears of joy. I scream some more. I laugh of hysteria. I pinch myself trying to wake up from this too good to be dream. I sit on my knees looking up at the sky. And again, I scream.

Eventually I calm myself down, imaging all the places I could go and the people I could meet. Both of my companions seem to have found my display amusing. I sit back down, sipping happy tears from my eye.

"Well then." Sherlock says.

"Sorry 'bout that. I got a little overwhelmed."

"A little?" The Doctor says laughing.

Then I remember why I'm here in the first place.

"Sherlock...?" I say, the question rising in my throat. "Where are you? In your timeline? What just happened?"

"It's been two years sense the fall." He seems to be getting sad. Not a good sign.

I nod. I can tell what ever this is going to be, I'm not going to like it.

"And...And it's been said that Moffat." His voice catches. "Is going to kill John."

_________________________________
Part 4
Any traces of a smile disappear from my face. "Wa...what?" I stutter. I feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

I look at the Doctor. He nods sadly at me. Sherlock is starring of at some distant point. I put my face in my hands, shaking my head. It would have been bad just knowing that before actually meeting Sherlock. But now that I know he's real, living in another dimension. It’s almost too much to bear.

Sherlock, who hardly ever shows any signs of emotion, is on the verge of crying. I lean my head on his shoulder. Not really sure what to say. A few tears slid down my face. Time passes slowly.

Eventually I lift my head up. "What can I do?" I ask quietly.

The Doctor turns to me. "We need to rally the fangirls."

"Call them to arms?" I ask.

He nods. "Bring them to line."

"Why me though?" I ask.

The Doctor shrugs. "You seem like the best bet. Caring but strong. You know both of us and care a lot."

I nod. It's amazing they chose me. Out of all the millions and billions of fangirls. I'm the one who got to meet them.

I think for a few minutes. "We are going to need to hack tumbler, Instagram, the web and all the tv stations." I say a plan forming in my mind.

"I can do that." The Doctor says.

We make our way back to the TARDIS. I'm slowly making a plan in my mind. I explore the TARDIS while the Doctor and Sherlock start hacking the things I ask them to. I find a swimming pool, a bowling alley, everything. I even find a huge library. In the library I find The Blood of Olympus and all sorts of other books that I will no longer have to wait to read.

It takes me awhile but I find my way back to the console room. I get there and sit down. The two are typing on a large screen. I try to figure out what they are doing but it's too complex for me.

Finally they turn to me. "Done!" They say. I have my phone out ready and I take a picture. Sherlock and the Doctor, I decide that this will make a great scrap book.

They blink. "What was that for?" Sherlock asks.

I smile. "Memories. And proof!"

They let me take a selfie with both of them. I know that it will take a lot of pictures to convince everyone because I have a habit of editing pictures like that myself.

"Common, we don't have all day." Sherlock complains.

"Party pooper" I mutter under my breath. The Doctor hears me and snorts laughter.

I move over to the screen. It's split in four, the things I needed hacked each in a screen. I don't know what tumbler is but I know that it's another large gathering place for fangirls.

"Anything you put will automatically show up on each thing a billion times. Okay?" The Doctor explains.

"Okay." I find the key board. "Video time I say."

Looking at the screen I find ways to make a video on each thing.

"My name is Delaney." I say. "Fangirls and fanboys alike pay close attention. The Doctor and Sherlock are real! They are here with me." I pull them on screen. "They come from alternative universes, where Moffat rules what happens. Moffat plans on killing John. Yes. He.plans.to.kill.John. WE CAN NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! If you are a true fangirl/boy go to a public place tomorrow, 12:00 London time and protest. Any one able to gather beneath the BBC headquarters!"
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 24 comments. Post your own now!

Artistic_Geek_Roo_10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 10 at 8:45 pm
This is expanding on every single one of my geeky fantasies! I love love love it! Wholockians forever!

Whovian-Pegasister said...
This was one of the first things I read on this site, and it's one of my favorites! I love the idea (IDK why) of Steven Moffat being evil, but not really. And the absolutely brilliant idea of each fictional universe existing. Okay, I love everything about this. More please!

Delaneyreaderandwriter replied...
May 17, 2015 at 10:18 am
oh my gosh thank you soooo much. All these lovely comments are like the best thing ever. I will not be able to write more for awhile, because of vacation, but I certainly will try to. I always forget that people actually read this and want more!!!

Delaneyreaderandwriter said...
Jan. 29, 2015 at 9:51 am
@The_DoctorDonna the forth chapter has been posted! It's kinda slow, but hey, its a transition chapter haha.

The_DoctorDonna replied...
Jan. 29, 2015 at 10:25 am
(Strangely enough, I just finished season 3 yesterday... coincidence???) Anyway, this is so great. Maybe just a few grammar mistakes (Sorry, I'm a grammar Nazi, it's still really excellent) and as I said before, thank you because you gave me an idea for my own fanfic... let me know if you want to read it. Keep writing, and thanks again :)

Delaneyreaderandwriter replied...
Coincidence? I think not. And yeah, I hate spell checking my own work! And sure, I would love to read it!!

The_DoctorDonna replied...
I have posted it on this website. It's called "WHOLOCK chapter 1" and I would really appreciate comments :) (Oh, and I also have another one called "ambers adventures" in the novel section) let me know what you think!

The_DoctorDonna said...
Still waiting for the next part! I know life gets busy with school and everything, but I'm so impatient and want to read more! Pleeeeeeease write more?

Delaneyreaderandwriter replied...
I just wanted to let you know that the fact that you remembered this and want to see more makes me really happy. Anyways. I have the next chapter written, and I'm working on another one, would you like me to post them one at a time, or do mass posts?

The_DoctorDonna replied...
either way works for me, just put a comment in so that I can see when it comes out. :)

QueenCas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
THIS IS SO BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!! I'm like dying laughing at how effing true this is and how Delaney has to take a selfie for proof XD that would be me lol.

Delaneyreaderandwriter replied...
Oh my gosh. Thank you so much!!!! The character Delaney, is compleatly based on myself :-D

The_DoctorDonna said...
Nov. 20, 2014 at 10:52 am
Excellent idea, it gave me an idea for my own fanfic! Pleeeeeeease continue this, I want to know how they foil Moffat's plan! :)

Delaneyreaderandwriter replied...
Nov. 22, 2014 at 11:29 am
Thank you so much! I have so much school right now, but I will try to write more :-)

Delaneyreaderandwriter said...
Thank you :-)

I_AM_ADLOCKED said...
Sept. 18, 2014 at 11:45 am
No problem. I like this a lot, actually-Very imaginative

I_AM_ADLOCKED said...
Sept. 16, 2014 at 10:06 am
Little confused-If Moffat controls their universes, wouldn't he have to write this whole adventure for them to meet/it to happen?

Delaneyreaderandwriter replied...
Sept. 17, 2014 at 9:28 am
Huh. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for pointing that out.

zestykow said...
Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:54 am
Nice! It was a great read. If you love doctor who, I would suggest going down to you local comic book store and picking up one of the published fanfics in the The Monster collection. It has a ll the favorites: Daleks, Cybermen, and The Weeping Angels. They are great reads.

Delaneyreaderandwriter replied...
Thanks. And I'll have to check them out!