Mr. & Mrs. Bingley | Teen Ink

Mr. & Mrs. Bingley

February 27, 2013
By ClaudetteElizabeth, North Scituate, Rhode Island
More by this author
ClaudetteElizabeth, North Scituate, Rhode Island
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The person, be it a gentleman or lady who does not take pleasure in a good novel must be intolerably stupid." ---Jane Austen


Author's note: Jane Austen has always been my greatest inspiration, and this is a small tribute to some of her best characters.

Charles Bingley threw his quill down onto his desk, frustrated beyond measure. This had been his fourth attempt to write to his beloved fiancé. It had seemed like years since he had last seen her and it was driving him mad. He o had been called to London a weeks previous to finish some final business so him and his Jane would not be disturbed on their extended honeymoon. He ran his fingers through his wild hair and stood, his chair making an unpleasant screeching noise on the old floors. He was currently in The Queen's lodge which was right outside of Meryton where he would meet Darcy. They would then leave Meryton early the next morning on horseback and would ride straight to Longbourn where his darling Jane would be waiting. He finally decided to give up on his letter and make sure that everything was prepared for his journey tomorrow. It would be a long ride, but the destination completely worth it.


"Jane, if you continue to sew that gown I fear that your fingers will bleed out!" Just as Lizzy said this, Jane pricked her finger for the hundredth time with the slender needle. "'Tis hopeless. My hand are shaking, for heavens sake!" It was the eve of Bingley's return and Jane was more anxious than ever. "Jane, I know you have missed him but there is no need to fret so. You will see him tomorrow morning." Lizzy said in a more gentle tone. Jane collapsed onto the bed and started to unpin her hair. "I suppose." she said with an exasperated sigh.

****

For a while after the house had succumbed to sleep, Jane lay awake, staring at the ceiling. Not able to bear it any longer, she rose from her bed and went over to her dresser. She eased open the bottom drawer and pulled out a single letter.

My Darling Jane,

I have been gone for five days and already I feel as though I will become mad if I do not see you soon. I will be leaving in three days and will ride straight to Longbourn to see you. As soon as I do return there will only be a day left until you are finally and completely mine, for I have already give my heart to you. However, I am starting to fear for Mr. Darcy’s health. I do believe that he too is missing Elizabeth greatly. I must end my letter now as the candle on the desk threatens to blow out. I love you so much.

Yours Forever,



Charles



Tears welled in her eyes as she read the lines she had seen a million times in the past three days. Wiping her tears, she climbed back into bed, clutching the letter against her heart.



*****

Jane woke with a start, realizing that the sun had already risen and Elizabeth was nowhere to be seen. "I must have overslept!" She realized with a pang of guilt that she had kept her fiancé waiting. She rushed to get dressed and only allowed herself to pin the sides of her hair back, leaving most of it down in a shower of soft curls. She practically flew down the stairs only to find her family slowly making their way to the breakfast table. "Good morning, Jane." Lizzy said brightly and walked over to greet her sister. "Where is Charles? What time is it?" She asked, her voice frantic. "A quarter past nine, and he is not here." Just as she said it, Jane heard the wheels of a carriage approaching. Within a minute or two, a footman entered the house.
“Miss Bennet, Miss Bennet, Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley have sent a carriage for you. We will wait for you to be ready.” Jane looked at her parents quickly, barely waiting for their consent to go when Jane grabbed Lizzy's hand and they danced giddily to the carriage.

*****

"They should be here by now!" Darcy said, not without whining. He too had been called away on business and was anxiously awaiting the arrival of his future bride. Both he and Bingley were pacing about the room, hands tightly clenched. This would be one of the very few times In either couples engagement that they would be completely alone. Though they appreciated Mrs. Bennet's ecstasy in their proposals, she had become exceedingly annoying with her frequent interruptions of their most precious solitude with their beloved. Along with the excessive chatter of Kitty Bennet and Lydia Wickham when she had visited briefly. So agitated once, Darcy remarked that all three women, "would render me deaf with their relentless and nonsensical chatter!" Suddenly, Darcy put up his hand, making sure his ears were not deceiving him. Bingley peered out the window and ran from the room, Darcy at his heels. The two men shoved the doors open and charged outside, headed straight for the carriage. They skidded to a stop just before coming in contact with the hard wood of the carriage door. The door swung open from the inside and out stepped Elizabeth strait into Darcy's arms. He swung her about as they laughed with pure elation. Jane too nearly jumped from the carriage and into the strong embrace of her betrothed. He crushed her to his chest and gave her a soft kiss on her rosy cheek. "Charles!" she cried with joy as he placed her on the ground, loosening his grip slightly. " I missed you so much, my darling, sweet and gorgeous Jane." He said, smiling so widely he appeared to be quite foolish. Darcy began to lead Elizabeth inside as Bingley told them that he and Jane would be taking a walk through the wood. She secured her arm in the crook of his elbow as they walked slowly to the back of the estate. They were silent for a long while as they strolled peacefully along the path, completely secluded from vision. He decided to break the silence.
“A little ways up this path is a small marble monument for the people who originally built this, as well as something that I wish to show you.” Looking up at him with a question in her eyes, he grinned and quickened pace. After a few more moments of walking, they came upon the monument as Bingley had said, but alongside it was a small marble fountain, streams of water bubbling over the surface of the pool it held.
“‘Tis not much, but I wished to have something built here at the place where we met.” He was about to say something more, when he noticed with a pang that tears were welling in Jane’s eyes. He turned so he was facing her and took her hand in his. She looked away, releasing a small sob.
"Whatever is the matter, love?" He asked, growing more and more worried by the second. He cupped her cheek and made her face him. Her chin quivered slightly and then she gave in to her tears. He was at a complete loss as to why she was so upset. Bewildered, but trying to comfort her as best he could, he gathered her into his arms and hugged her close. She then surprised him by throwing her arms around his neck, a most inappropriate action for only an engaged couple. He stroked her hair lovingly and asked, "My wonderful Jane, please tell me what is upsetting you so!"
"Oh,Charles! I do not deserve this. No matter how good you think my heart and soul to be,
I will never deserve you!" With each word, he hugged her tighter, but also grew slightly angry. He led her over to the side of the fountain and sat, pulling her on his lap, ignoring propriety for the time being.
"Look at me, Jane." He said and she tilted her head up slightly, but he pulled her chin up so he could see her eyes.
"Jane Bennet, I love you. I love you so very much and it is I who is not worthy of you, not the opposite.” Her sobbing subsided a little and he wiped her tears away. He held her for a long while after this until her face was dry and only her eyes were puffy.
"I love you Charles." she said quietly. After several minutes, she finally came to her senses and realized the inappropriateness of the way they were sitting. She released her hands from his neck, and blushing furiously, slid off of his lap and a good nother foot away. However embarrassed she was, he had not been ready to release her and pulled her back onto his lap, placing a chaste kiss on her lips.
"Charles, we shouldn't." Jane said. He regretfully removed her from his lap and sighed dramatically, pouting like a small child who's toy had been taken from him. She giggled and stood. Glancing at his watch, he said that they should be getting back to the manor, and they unhurriedly began to walk back to Netherfield, hand in hand.



*****

"Any final words, Darcy?" Charles Bingley whispered to his friend as they nervously stood at the end of the aisle, awaiting their brides.

"Not that I can think of at the moment!" He replied, his voice shaking with anticipation. The girls had left Netherfield before dusk and the two men had driven themselves mad with nervousness for the wedding. It was held in the ancient Meryton Church where the Bennet family had attended since Mr. Bennet was a young boy. Charles was not particularly fond of planning and arrangements, so he had left it to Jane. As he gazed about the church, he noticed what a fine job she had done. The ends of the pews were decorated elaborately with several different species of wildflower as well as gold and silver ribbons. There were candles lining the alter, glowing with a pleasant floral scent. Everything was ready. Bingley anxiously toyed with the buttons on his coat but froze as the people stood and the orchestra started to play. The double doors opened with a flourish and the two Bennet sisters walked down the aisle, Jane on the left of her Father and Elizabeth on his right. Bingley barely noticed Elizabeth as he focused all of his attention on Jane. She was absolutely radiant. Her hair was fashioned in a masterpiece of curls and golden blonde hair with silver ribbon woven through. Her dress was simple; a white gown of chiffon with a silver ribbon fastened at her waist. She carried a bouquet of white and pink roses to match the rosiness of her cheeks. The young priest performed the ceremony with gusto, never stuttering or slipping in any way. However, it was all a blur to Bingley as he recited his vows and slipped the diamond encrusted band next to the emerald engagement ring which would now reside on Jane's hand forever. He was finally pulled back to reality when the priest announced them as Mr. and Mrs. Bingley. The couples exited the chapel together as the assembly threw flowers and their hats In the air. Hd glanced over to see Mrs. Bennet crying hysterically and then to his sister who looked sincerely happy for him. He then finally looked at his Jane, her face was glowing and she was laughing cheerily. Throughout the cheers, though, he did manage to snake his arm around her waist and pull her closer to him. When they were out of the church, the two couples stopped on the steps. Bingley pulled her close to him and kissed her with restraint, being that they were if front of people. After the kisses were broken, the joyous couples climbed into their respective carriages and began the short trip to Netherfield. The reception was as one would expect, completely happy and chaotic. Congratulations were granted to each couple hundreds of times and the food was excellent. And even Darcy participated in the dances, much to his wife and Bingley's surprise. Darcy and Lizzy left in the early afternoon to start their two day journey to Pemberly, and the Bingley's soon followed to make their way to the townhouse that Charles had bought years earlier in London. Their coach ride was uneventful as they both slept most of the way, exhausted from the nerves of marriage. Charles was the first to awaken at a rather sharp turn of the carriage. He peered out the window and noted that they would be arriving within the hour. He looked over to wake his Jane, but stopped and stared at her face. It was completely peaceful and he was amazed that even in sleep she positioned herself gracefully, but not as close as he would like. But for fear of waking her, he just sat and gazed at her. They arrived at five o'clock sharp. "Shall we, Mrs. Bingley?" Charles said as the carriage jolted to a stop at the townhouse. "We shall, husband.” She replied. They emerged from the carriage and Bingley gave instructions to the staff to have dinner prepared in two hours and to begin unloading their baggage as they planned to stay for at least three days. They did so with haste as Charles led his bride throughout the house. "It is quite large to be a town house, Charles." Jane said with astonishment as he led her through the vast amount of rooms. "It may seem that you are correct my wife, but this is nothing compared to Netherfield!" he remarked teasingly. She giggled as he led her to a small parlor on the second floor. She felt immediately at peace in the room, it's soft shades of yellows calming her. He sat on the couch as she walked about the room. "Come, darling." He said as he patted the cushion next to him. She gladly obliged to his request, but sat as if they were still engaged. "We are married, my love." he said as he kissed her head and pulled her closer. She giggled and rested her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. She looked up to see his face and was met with a warm smile, full of love. They sat for a small while before Jane sat up. "Come, let us explore more!" she said and stood. For the next hour or so, Bingleu led her about the rooms and they talked just to hear each Others voices. They left with a lingering embrace as the went to prepare for dinner.

****

"May I be so bold as to say that you look absolutely angelic, Mrs. Bingley." Bingley said as Jane descended the steps to the main floor. She blushed and took his hand as they went to the dining room. The cooks had prepared a feast for the Master and Mistress, and when they had both eaten their fill, Jane stood and announced quietly that she would be preparing for bed. Bingley was barely able to nod as he nearly choked on his water.



Jane sat In front of the mirror for a long while after she had dismissed her maid. She was anxious for it was now time for what she had been most nervous about during the engagement. But she would face it with confidence. She rose unsteadily, but was startled by a knock on the dressing room door. "Jane?" it was Charles. "Come in." She said calmly as the man she loved more than life itself walked through the door. He was radiant, and Jane noted that this was the first time she had seen him without his full attire on. "Darling girl." he said and stepped toward her, gathering her into his arms. "I love you." he said and she blushed, looking away. Displeased by this, he took her chin in his hand and made her look up at him. Though her face was flushed, she met his eyes with total love and happiness. He lowered his head and pressed his lips against hers. Hoping that he wouldn't frighten her, he released her after a few seconds. Now it was Jane's turn to be displeased. She met his lips again but this time with ardency and passion. Though surprised, he greeted this boldness with enthusiasm and kissed her in a way that he had never before. Gone were the restraints of the proprietary engagement laws, allowing them to love each other as they fully wanted. They broke apart, breathless, lips ruddy. Charles pulled her closer and began bestowing light kisses to her jawline and neck, something he had never done before; it drove her wild. In a very un - Jane like manner, she seized his lips again and they kissed wholeheartedly, not holding back. Without breaking the kiss, he grasped the back of her thighs and lifted her up as she locked her legs around his waist. He carried her to their bed, and one can imagine how the evening went from there.

****

Charles Bingley awoke to the glorious sight of his sleeping wife next to him, her golden locks strewn randomly about the pillows. He slid closer to her so they were touching on all planes and wrapped his arms around her gently so she would not wake. As he lay there, embracing his beautiful Jane, he silently thanked god for giving him such good fortune. For a long while, he was content in just holding her. The night before had been absolutely wonderful, his love growing more and more for Jane.

****

Jane awoke to the heavenly sensation of her husband embracing her. She decided to lay there for a few moments before she stirred. Last night had been....enchanting. And she had realized that there had been nothing to fear. It was as if their bodies and souls were welded together, and the feeling was euphoric. She finally turned over in his arms to face him and she began stroking his dark ginger hair. "Good morning husband." Said she, quietly though. "Good morning wife." he said in voice of faux seriousness. She giggled and be laughed. She then noticed how close they were and blushed furiously, quite ridiculous for the time being. He noticed and released his grip. "have I displeased you in some way?" he asked worriedly. "No!" she said, more loudly than she would have wished. "um,," she struggled as she tried to find the right words. "Charles, last night was.....was....." But she couldn't find the right words. Noticing the catch in her voice, he became sad, thinking he had displeased her. "I am do sorry that I forced it upon you! I didn't mean to...I will leave you now to dress." And with that, he stood from the bed and exited the room. Jane felt like crying. He had misunderstood her, or better yet she had worded her statement terribly. She had loved the night before's activities and was at a loss of what to do. She called for the maid and she was presentable within the hour. She left her dressing room and sat on the bed for a long while, too ashamed to face Charles. Her head dropped into her hands and she succumbed to her years. "What have I done?" she though, terribly upset. She stayed in her room for the remainder of the day, having decided that she was unworthy to see Charles. This may have not been the bet choice, however she felt it was what she deserved. She did not eat but only drank tea at dinner, bemoaning the absence of her beloved. As twilight came, Jane decided that she would drive herself mad with desperation if she did not see him. She rushed out of the room and asked the nearest staff member where the master was. "He went to his chambers and said he wasn't to be disturbed for a bit." The manservant told her. "Thank you." She said with a wobbly courtesy. She practically ran to his chambers, which were quite a long distance from hers. She knocked on the door, and. It waiting for a response, she burst into the room and looked about frantically for him. He was sitting in an armchair by the far window. She walked slowly towards him, but upon seeing his face, she launched herself into his arms. If he was surprised, he did not show it, and he immediately hugged her fiercely. "Charles, I beg you to forgive me! I must admit, I could not find words for how wonderful last night was. I enjoyed it more than a lady should admit, and I love you so much!" She said as he stroked her back. "Shh, it's alright." He repeats over and over as she cried hysterically, quite nearly drenching the shoulder of his waistcoat. Taking charge, he rang for the servants a d told them to retire for the night. Is a fluid motion, he stood and swept Jane up and into his arms. He carried her to her chambers and allowed her to dress in her night clothes as he would do the same. She made haste and threw on her best nightgown, a pale yellow with a scooped neckline and thick straps. There was a knock at the door as Charles came in. He stood behind her in from of the vanity and began to unpin her hair. As he did this, he combed her hair stopped avery few minutes to place soft kisses along her neck and shoulders. She sighed and tingled with pleasure. He released the final pin and brushed the last curl. He pulled her hair to one side and kissed her jawline and neck. "Charles!" she whined as she frantically tried to turn, but he chuckled softly and held her firmly so she couldn't turn. His lips traveled down her neck to her shoulders and then to what was exposed of her back, all the while stroking her impossibly silky hair. Finally, he loosed his grip and she spun around so fast that she fell over! She fell to the ground with only a small thud. For a moment, he was not sure what to do, and the. He burst out laughing. Tried as she may, she too was overtaken by laughter. He lifted her into powerful arms, still roaring with laughter. "My dear, sweet, wonderful Jane!" He said as the laughter Finally subsided. And then he kissed her. Unlike the night before however, she matched his passion, explaining what she couldn't with words. And for the second night, he carried her to her bed. After a few more kisses, he pulled away, at which time Jane's heart sank. "Do you wish me to stay? Or would you like to have your privacy tonight?" he asked in a quiet tone. "Always and forever I want you to stay." She replied, her eyes full of love. Though this statement was bold for her quiet and shy personality, she meant every word of it. Grateful and wonderfully pleased at this response, he claimed her lips again.

****

****

Charles rose late the next morning, half past eight and he could not think of the lag time he had done so. It was to be their first full and official day together as man and wife, the day previous being a wreck. For the second time, he awoke next to his sleeping wife. Instead of waking her, he began to stroke her hair, something that he had found quite soothing to her during their engagement. He pulled her hair aside and kissed her lightly on the lips. When she began to stir, he kissed each of her facial features, her forehead, nose, cheeks, chin and finally another gentle kiss to her lips. He did mean for it to be gentle, but Jane was awake now and responded in a most invigorating way. She pulled away, smiling radiantly. "Good morning my heart." she said

"Yes I believe it is." he replied and tickled her mercilessly. When the laughter subsided, she sat up and suggested that they have breakfast in bed. Agreeing enthusiastically with this suggestion, he stood and handed her her robe as he slipped in his. And thank goodness he did, because she was until the. Oblivious to the fact that they were unclothed! He rang for the maid and a short while late she came back with a tray heaping with steaming food. Propping herself up with a pillow, she sat up and pulled the blankets up to her waist. "So what shall we do today, husband?" She asked. "Well, we could stay here all day." He said mischievously and she playfully slapped his arm. "How about a ride into town?" Suggested she and he agreed that it was a lovely idea.



After finishing breakfast, they dressed with an abundant amount of layers, being that it was winter and a particularly windy day for that matter. After thoroughly tucking his wife into the curricle with several layers of blankets, only then did he sit beside her and flicked the reins. The rode at a rather slow pace as Charles showed all of the sights to Jane, much to her delight. After an hour of riding, Jane decided that she wants to walk. (much to the displeasure of her husband) Being that Charles lived in Meryton, most people didn't give the couple a second look, whereas if they were back at home they would have been greeted a million times and would not be able to walk down the street without he gawked at. The rich and handsome Mr. Bingley with the simple and middle class Jane Bennet. But during their engagement, Charles had confidently said to Darcy that, "English society would just have to deal with the glorious fact that he would be married to Jane BINGLEY and there was not a thing in the world tha could prevent that." Though Darcy was surprised at this sudden outburst from his relevantly soft spoke friend, he agreed wholeheartedly; he being engaged to Elizabeth.

After walking, and stealing a few kisses, they decided to return to the Bingley Townhouse for lunch.

****

For the last day at the Bingley Townhouse, Jane and Charles again lingered in bed and Later prepared for their journey back to Netherfield. While in the carriage, Charles thought that it was time to bring up a matter that had been troubling him for days.

"Jane, love? I want to speak to you about something."

"Anything, Charles." she replied.

"For the past year or so, I have been the master of Netherfield, and I would like to know if you wish for me to buy it."

Jane sat very still for a moment, weighing this proposal.

"It is a lovely and extravagant home, I daresay, and it is rather close to Longbourn."

"And Mrs. Bennet!"

"Charles! You know she means well!"

Fearful that he might have upset her, he crossed the carriage and pulled her onto his lap.

"Of course, I know she means well love."

"But, I may admit that she could get a small bit annoying maybe." Jane whispered, and Bingley let out a roar of laughter.

"Well, here is what I propose; we confer with Lizzy and Mr. Darcy when we return and visit them at Pemberly as a surprise!"

Believing this to be a fair idea, he agreed and kissed her.

"But I might add," she said, pulling away from him much to his dismay, " that I do hope we shall not live too far from Lizzy. I couldn't bear not being able to see her often. Did you know that when we were young girls, we often dreamed up several innocent romantic fantasies of handsome princes coming to whisk us away to diamond castles with flying horses and owning glorious gowns?" She said, laughing.

"Alas, I am not a prince, have no flying horse or a diamond castle, but the glorious gowns I can see to." He said and placed a kiss atop her head.

The rest of the ride was Uneventful and the weather dreary. He expected that they would be arriving at Netherfield shortly if the weather permitted. Jane fell asleep in his embrace before the reached the manor, and not wishing to wake her, he held her closer until the reached their destination.

*****

They arrived at Netherfield within the hour, pulling up just at dusk, the guests of the wedding long gone. Charles gently slid his right arm around the backs of Jane's knees and then the left on her upper back. He wrapped her in her shawl and stood in the carriage, which was quite difficult given his height which was 6’2. The driver came round to the side of the carriage and opened the door. he assisted Mr. Bingley out of the carriage, not mentioning the fact that Mrs. Bingley was sound asleep in his arms. “Have dinner ready within the hour, Philips.” He said to his manservant, but before he could reach the house, Philips stopped him. “I am sorry to inform you sir that there is a matter of urgent business that needs to be attended to immediately.” “What are you trying to imply, Philips?” Bingley asked, annoyance clearly visible. “Sir, you sister is in the estate.” This caught Bingley off guard. “My sister?” “Yes sir, Mrs. Hurst.” “Well, alright. Please inform her that I will see her momentarily, until then I will be taking Mrs. Bingley to her chambers.” “Sir, I can do that for you!” Philips said, reaching for Jane, but Bingley turned quickly. He could not quite put his finger on it, but he could feel that something was terribly wrong. He walked quickly up the many stairs and entered the manor. He was surprised at how deeply Jane slept with all of the movement. He entered her chambers and laid her gently on the bed, bestowing a kiss to her forehead. He exited the room, shutting the door behind him.


“Charles.” Louisa Hurst greeted her brother as he entered the library on the main floor. “Shut the door Charles.” He did so, but now his interest was more piqued than ever. “Sister, whatever is the matter?” “Charles, are you aware of the fact that I did not attend your union to Miss Jane Bennet?” The fact that Louisa had called Jane Miss Bennet did not escape him. “Yes, Louisa I was aware of the fact, and I will politely correct you by saying that Jane is Mrs. Bingley. Louisa seemed to cringe at this. She crossed the distance between them, her face becoming as red as her hair. “Charles, I was aware at the time that you were engaged to Miss Bennet, however I prayed everynight that you would put an end to your madness. What has she done to bewitch you so? Has she threatened to harm you in any way? If not, then please explain to me what ludicrous thing has taken place here? Why would you even consider marrying a girl outside of your class? I married Mr. Hurst who is of course in our class and I am perfectly happy! Please, explain this to me Charles!” Bingley was at a complete loss for words. Never had his sister been so blunt and insulting! It was unfathomable! How could she say such things of his Jane? What had possessed her mind so? But before he could speak, he heard a voice. “Mrs. Hurst, Charles.” He turned and saw Jane performing a perfect curtsey in the direction of his sister. She crossed the room at a leisurely speed and stopped next to Charles.”Would you care for some tea?” She asked in complete politeness. Bingley was astonished. Had she not heard the insults that his sister had said of her?
“Absolutely not.” Louisa said with obvious loathing.
“You should consider yourself lucky that you have been married to my brother this long, that he has even graced your poor self with this much time!”
“I do consider myself lucky, Mrs.Hurst. In fact I would go as far to say that I am the luckiest woman in England. I love Charles very much, and whether he decides to love me back is entirely his decision. Whether or not he loves me, neither of us can be sure, but I will be so bold to admit that he must at least like me because he would not have married me if he did not. Nor would he have kissed or embraced me.”
“Vulgar child!” Louisa spat. At this point Jane stood and stepped closer to Louisa so that they were almost nose to nose. In the most serious and authoritative voice that she could muster, she replied. “Mrs. Hurst, I will acknowledge the fact that I am only your sister by marriage and you can hate and loathe me as much as you would like. However I will not stand for you to insult my husband, your brother while you are a guest within his home. And please note once more, Mrs. Hurst that is many happy marriages, class has no part. My own brother in law is completely blissful being married to my sister, Elizabeth Darcy. While you are hear, you will address me as Mrs. Bingley, for that is and will forever be my name. Having said what I feel was necessary to say, I will leave you now.” She made a curt curtsey and exited the room.
“Charles, if you have any sense left in you, you would do well to divorce that headstrong and vulgar woman before your family disowns you forever!” Louisa said, greatly insulted by Jane’s outburst.
“Louisa, I am her husband. She is my wife. I love her and there is nothing that you can do with that. As master of Netherfield, I must ask you to leave and not return until you are prepared to show my wife the respect she so deserves.”
Astonished and disgusted, Louisa Hurst left, muttering curses until her carriage was out of sight. Charles walked over and poured himself a large glass of brandy and drank it in one gulp. Running his hand through his hair, he silently wished that Darcy were there. But for now he would go and see how Jane was faring after this most unpleasant uproar.

There was a soft knock at the door, but Jane was shaking too much to get up and answer it. “Jane?” It was Charles. “Come in!” she said hoarsely. He entered and went to her immediately, kneeling in front of her.
“Are you alright, darling?” He asked softly, noting that his wife was shaking most unnaturally.
“Charles, I am so sorry. I did not mean to insult Mrs. Hurst, but I was too angry that she had insulted you. For a moment, I felt like Lizzy, speaking my mind for once. But now that
I see it has upset you I shall never again do so.”
“Jane, you have misread me entirely. If you had not said what you had, I would have spoken to my sister in a far more offensive tone. But you were wrong in one of your statement. She may insult me and I may respond, but she is in no way shape or form allowed to say anything against you. Do you understand. And even though I fell in love with you for your placid and wonderful nature, I found your outburst most charming and a bit amusing! Darcy has informed me many times over that I have such a calm and innocent nature, but unbeknownst to him I also have a very bad temper when someone is disrespectful. Especially to you, though there have been no cases of that since this afternoon. And for my sister’s attitude, I have no idea what had brought it on. True is the fact that she did not attend our wedding four days ago, but other than that she had never given any rejection towards my decision. And finally, Jane Anne Bingley, what in heaven and earth would convince you that I do not love you? I would not have married you if I did not completely, ardently and emphatically love you! Which I of course do.” As he said this, silent tears fell from Janes eyes. When he did finish, to prove what he said was true, he swept her into his arms and kissed her passionately. This caught her by surprise, and so much in fact that she nearly fell from his arms. But within seconds she caught on and returned his passion, with a tad less urgency, being the placid creature that she was. He only released her when they were both completely out of breath. “Shall we prepare for dinner, Mrs. Bingley?” He asked formally, holding her even tighter in his arms.
“We shall, Mr. Bingley.” She said with the same tone of faux seriousness. He carried her to her dressing room and placed her on the plush bench in front of the vanity. “If I may be so bold, husband, I have noticed that you sweep me off of my feet much more often than proprietary allows.” She said. He grinned and replied, “You have noticed correctly my love, and I must confess that I do so because I enjoy the euphoric feel of you in my arms.” She giggled and shooed him away as the maid arrived to help her dress for dinner.

“You look wonderful madam.” said Mary, the maid who was helping Jane dress.
“Thank you, Mary. You are dismissed for the night.” she said, blushing only slightly.
“Are you sure you will not need me to dress for bed?” Mary asked quizzically.
“No, I think I’ll manage fine.” Jane said, her blush coloring more prominently when she saw the understanding smile on Mary’s face. Jane stood and exited the room. As she walked down the hall, she looked quickly into Charles room to see if he was there. He wasn’t, and she continued down the main staircase and into the dining room. But he was not there either, and the room was vacant except for a maid who was cleaning the floors. There weren’t even places set for dinner! Had she gotten the time wrong? Was Charles well?
“Excuse me, Mrs. Bingley, but Mr. Bingley is outside in the south garden. He has instructed me to guide you there.” Philips said, startling Jane a bit seeing as how he came out of nowhere.
“Of course, thank you Philips.” Said she and he led her outside.
After a few minutes of walking, Philips halted.
“I can go no further as my duties are inside the manor. The master is just through that archway.” Philips said and with a deep bow, he left her. Jane did as she was told and walked through the rose-filled archway. She stopped dead in her tracks then when she saw the sight before her. Charles had set up a table with some of the most delicious food Jane had ever seen. There were roses on the table as well as a bottle of wine and a garland overhead with lilac strung through it.
“Oh, Charles! It is beautiful!” she cried and went to him.
“I am only glad that you approve.” he said and wrapped her into a tight embrace. He released her and pulled out a chair, beckoning for her to sit. She did as he poured two glasses of wine and handed one to her.
“To four full days of marriage!” He said gleefully and raised his glass up to hers. He then sat and they began to eat their feast.
After some while of silence, he looked into her eyes and put down his utensils.
“Jane, I do not wish to burden you with talk of business at the moment, but I feel the need to tell you that I have been looking into properties near Derbyshire, within walking distance to Pemberley!”
“Oh!” Said she and dropped her fork in surprise.
“There is one particular that I am especially interested in, but I believe that I should show Darcy first before showing you. So that I am absolutely certain that you will love it, not even myself having been there yet.”
“That sounds wonderful, husband!” She said, most pleased. They finished their dinner slowly, not talking of much else.
When the servants had cleared away all of the dishes, Charles took Jane’s hand and they walked about the garden. As they walked, he noted how beautiful his wife looked in the moonlight and graced her gorgeous hair with a kiss.
“What was that for?” She asked, noticing the kiss.
“That was because I noticed how beautiful you look in the moonlight, and this is because I love you.” he said and kissed her lightly on perfectly pink lips. She smiled warmly and they continued walking for a long while. During this time, Charles came to realise that Jane had begun to open herself up to him, more so than he thought possible. He still loved her shy and calm heir, but now he knew of the passionate and enthusiastic side of her. When he was honest with himself, It reminded him a bit of Elizabeth. But however lovely Elizabeth was, she did not even compare with Jane in Bingley’s eyes. He was eventually brought back from his thoughts when he felt Jane shiver slightly.
“Are you cold, my love?” he inquired.
“I must admit I am a bit chilled.” she replied and stepped closer to him. That was when he decided that they should go inside.
“Come, let us go inside now.” He said, but she looked at him and pouted, telling him that she wished to stay longer.
“Jane, you are shivering! I would likely die from guilt if I allowed you to catch a cold!” She laughed and told him that it would be hardly his fault if she did and walked a pace faster. He quickly caught on to her trick and quickened his pace as well. They continues this game until Jane was at a sprint, shrieking as she saw that Charles was almost upon. But alas, her dress caught the better of her and she tripped only to be caught and trapped by her husband.
“I must confess that you put up a fight, Mrs. Bingley, but you have been bested! Now we must go inside before you do become sick.” He panted, trying unsuccessfully to catch his breath. But Jane persisted and tried her best to wriggle free of his vice-like grip. It was to no avail and he pulled her up into his arms.
“Honestly Charles, your arms will likely give out from carrying me. I weigh much more than a suitcase or bag!” She said, which was almost ridiculous given her tiny frame.
“Nonsense, you weigh no more than a feather would!” Said he and she laughed. Just before they entered the manor, he put her on her feet by held her securely at the waist. They were both laughing as they climbed the stairs, but when they were in the hallway, their eyes met and there was a sudden urgency to get to their bedchamber. The door was barely latched before they were in each others embrace, kissing hungrily. They stumbled onto the bed and continued to kiss for a while after that.

For the next several days, the couple fell into a routine that, unbeknownst to them would become the routine that would dictate most of the rest of their life. Other than the frequent visits of Mrs. Bennet which had begun to get on both of the Bingley’s nerves, they were happy. They were together for most of the day other than a rare business call for Mr. Bingley. They had decided that they would leave to visit Pemberley within a fortnight so they could view estates in Derbyshire. Though they had only been separated for three weeks at most, Elizabeth and Jane missed each other terribly and wrote each other each day so the post boxes were almost always full. Four days before their departure, Jane wrote Lizzy.

My Dearest Lizzy,
I can not express my joy in knowing that I will be seeing you in only a few days! I do not believe my marriage could be any better at the moment. Charles just might be the most wonderful soul on this planet! He has treated me almost as royalty. And I expect that you are making sure Mr. Darcy is doing the same! Except for the incident with Mrs. Hurst, each day has been wonderful. However, I fear that Mama’s frequent visits might just drive Charles mad! You do know how much I love Mama, and curse me for saying this, but I too and getting the slightest bit agitated with her interrupting our solitude so often. Lydia visited last week while Mr. Wickham was away with the regiment, thank goodness. I do not believe that Charles likes him very much, but then again neither do any of us now that we know his true nature. Though Mr. Wickham was not here, Lydia was not as pleasant as she ought to have been to us. I fear that Wickham has started to corrupt her mind! Kitty visits often with Mary and they perform for us on the pianoforte,
Kitty singing. I do believe that Kitty will turn out quite a wonderful woman now that she is away for Lydia’s less than appropriate influence. I must go now as I wish to see Charles arrive. He has been in town for two days observing his business.

Always with love,
Jane

Jane put her quill down and stood, brushing the wrinkles out of her dress as she looked at her hair in the mirror. “Vain woman!” she thought as she did this and looked away. She heard the carriage wheels outside and rushed out of the room. She hurried outside and stood at the bottom of the steps, waiting for Charls to emerge. After waiting for only a few seconds, she could bear it no longer and ran to the carriage door. Just as she reached it, the door swung open, threatening to hit her across the face. It did not, and out of it climbed her husband, face aglow at the sight of hers. He stepped down and crushed her body to his. The footmen and driver quickly vacated the scene as Charles picked Jane up by the waist and swung her about, making her quite dizzy.
“If you continue to swing me in such a way my love, I fear i may be ill!” She said as they laughed. He looked at her once more and told her to wait there as he went inside to give his hat and coat to Philips. When he returned, they began to stroll hand in hand around the back of the estate and onto one of the many paths.
“I trust you had a pleasant trip, love?” she inquired.
“I did, however it would have been much more pleasant if you were there with me.” He added. the walked for a long while before deciding to turn back. When they entered the back gardens, Philips greeted them and told Mr. Bingley that there was a messenger that needed to see him immediately. Charles looked from Philips to Jane and back again.
“Go, darling. I will be here when you return.” She said calmly. He kissed her cheek and then followed Philips towards the manor.
While he was gone, Jane decided that she would walk down to the pond. Charles had warned her previously that the pond was very slippery and the ice thin during winter, but she would take extra care. Bundled up like a sausage, Jane made her way down the hill and towards the pond. It was truly a beautiful sight as even in winter, a few blooms grew near the pond. It was a chilly day, but the sun was beginning to crawl out from behind the clouds. It was then when she noticed a purple flower at the riverbank, just at perfect growth for picking. She strode carefully toward it, so as not to slip. But when she bent over, she lost her balance and fell onto the ice. “Foolish girl!” She thought to herself when she landed. She was not hurt, but the ice was indeed very slippery and it would be hard to get upright. Just as she was about to attempt to, she heard a loud crack, and then another and then another. “Oh, no!” she yelped as the ice beneath her crumpled under the weight. She fell through the ice and went underwater. In those few second, several things happened. The first was that when she did go under, her ankle made hard contact with a rock beneath the surface, causing her to scream. The second, was that the messenger had chosen exactly five minutes ago to leave, causing Charles to hurry to the back yards where he saw his wife fall into a pond. And the final was that in her haste to pull herself from the water, she cut her hand on a sharp point of ice.
“Jane!” He screamed as he witnessed his wife fall through the ice of the pond. He yelled to the gardener who was several feet away and ran down the small hill to reach the pond. Unfortunately, Jane was not accomplished in the fine art of swimming, and therefore was thrashing wildly in the water. He reached her within seconds and grabbed her arms, easily lifting her from the water. He pulled her up and stepped off of the dangerous ice. Without hesitation, he lifted her into his arms and ran towards the house. Jane was shivering and her hand was oozing an alarming amount of blood. Bingley burst into the house, shouting orders for a hot bath to be drawn and a doctor to be sent for. Philips left immediately for the doctor and the maids scrambled to heat pails upon pails of water. Never loosening his grip on Jane, he carried her up to the bathroom where, assisted by the maids, Jane was placed into the steaming water. Slowly but surely, Jane’s lips began to turn pink again and the bleeding of her hand subsided.
“Charles, my ankle!” she moaned, barely coherent.
“I know darling, the doctor is coming!” He said, close to madness himself. The doctor arrived much later than Bingley would have liked, but nonetheless, he sat downstairs in his study, nervously awaiting his diagnosis.

Dearest Lizzy,
What a fool I have been! It is with supreme regret that I must tell you Charles and I will not be able to come to Pemberley. I have taken a rather bad fall the doctor concludes that I have a badly sprained ankle. I am under strict instruction by him and my hovering husband that I am not allowed to put any pressure on it for the next two weeks! It was all my doing, to assure you. I merely wished to pick a blossom on the bank of the south pond when I lost my balance and fell through the ice. Charles is livid with himself, believing in some twisted way that it is of his fault. Until the two weeks is up, I am confined to my chambers, however I have been conducting a plan most deviously to be carried about the house. I swear if I stay sitting much longer I will go mad! I know this is all very unlike me, Lizzy, but I find myself to be much more comfortable and even daring in matrimony. Poor Charles, he must deal with me!

Always with love,
Jane

“Mary, would you ring for Mr. Bingley, please?” Jane said as she sealed her letter into an envelope.
“Of course, Madam.” Mary left the room and Jane looked around her room for the hundredth time that day. What she had said in her letter was true, she did fear that she would go mad if she did not get out of bed.
“Jane!” Charles called in a tone of worry, believing that something was wrong. When he did enter the room, however, he was relieved to find that Jane was smiling.
“What is is, love?” he asked, sitting at the foot of her bed.
“Husband, I would be so very grateful if I could leave my chambers, just for a little while. Perhaps a short walk outside.” He frowned, and was about to refuse her request when he saw her face, her bright blue eyes pleading.
“Oh, very well. I can not refuse you, Mrs. Bingley. I shall call for Mary and then I will see to carrying you out of doors.” Knowing that she had won, she attempted to lean towards him, but was so covered with blankets and pillows that it was nearly impossible. Chuckling, he went to her and kissed her cheek.
“And can you also put this in the post for me, it is a letter for Lizzy.” She said and handed him the envelope.
“Certainly, my heart.”

*****
Three days later

“Mr. Bingley!” Cried Elizabeth Darcy as she burst through the doors of Netherfield Manor, her husband grinning as he strode a good few paces behind her, nodding kindly to Philips.
“Mrs. Darcy,” Philips began to say as he bowed. “you shall find Mr. Bingley in the parlor just down the hall. I reckon you know where it is, Mr. Darcy?”
“Yes, thank you Philips.” Darcy said as he tried to calm his wife, though Lizzy was having none of it. She rushed down the hall and crashed through the door that Darcy led her to.
“Mr. Bingley! Where is my sister?” Lizzy asked frantically.
“Good morning to you as well, Mrs. Darcy!” Bingley said as he and Darcy tried to stifle their laughs.
“Darling, she may be sleeping, maybe you should sit for a moment?” Darcy said in a gentle tone. She turned on him with a fire in her eyes that not even the proud and prideful Mr. Darcy could stand against.
“Very well, Charles where is my sister in law?” Darcy said to Bingley.
“Come, I will bring you to her.”
“And I should ask, why you are not already with her?!” Lizzy said, turning her fiery eyes on Mr. Bingley. Charles looked nervously at Darcy and then led them out of the parlor and up to Jane’s chambers.
“Jane!” Lizzy cried as they entered the room, rushing towards her sister.
“Lizzy!” Jane cried in reply. They embraced each other fiercely as their husbands watched, both of them grinning.
“Oh Lizzy, you and Mr. Darcy did not have to come to see me. I am barely hurt!”
“Jane, you have been rendered unable to walk for two weeks and you thought that it was not necessary for me to come? Of course I should have come.”
“She nearly gave me a heart seizure when she burst into my study barking that we had to leave for Netherfield immediately.” Darcy chuckled.
“I daresay that you deserve more company that merely your helpless husband!” Charles added.
“ And I daresay that you have been perfectly sufficient, Mr. Bingley.” Jane teased.
“Shall we take a walk outside?” Jane asked and was answered with three looks of concern.
“It is not as if I am so ill that I am close to death! I am not as fragile as you all may think. Come, I shall put my coat on and we will all get some fresh air. And don’t you dare say that you do not need is sister, you have been cooped in a carriage for two days!” No one bothered to argue with this, and within the next twenty minutes, they were all outside.
“Charles, you should really acquire a chair of some sort for me. You should not have to carry me.”
“Nonsense.” He said and gripped her tighter. And he did mean it, for he may have not been as strapping as Mr. Darcy, but he was well built and easily carried Jane without fatigue befalling him. She snuggled closer to him, but turned scarlet when Lizzy noticed. As they reached the end of the back yards, Darcy turned them onto a path leading east. He and Elizabeth strode in front of them, but soon, Lizzy started to slow her pace so she was walking next to Mr. Bingley, and unfortunately, he noticed. And when she noticed that he had noticed, she cleared her throat.
“Mr. Bingley, I must say that I have had little to no time talking to you since last year at the Meryton Assembly, which is quite out of manner seeing as how you are my brother through marriage. And aside from this dilemma, I wish to speak with you privately if that suits you?”
A little bewildered, but not wishing to displease Lizzy, he responded.
“I agree that it is not a good manner, and I would not mind at all if you wish to speak to me.”
He waited for her to start, but she was pointedly looking at Jane.
“Jane, if you would be so kind sister, could you please excuse me and Mr. Bingley for a time?” She said.
“I would be pleased to oblige your wish my dear Lizzy, however I am faced with the challenge of not being able to walk at the moment.”
“Oh, of course! How silly of me!” She said and appressed a giggle.
“Sister, how am I to do this?” Jane asked, beginning to be suspicious at her sister’s actions.
“Mr. Darcy, of course!” Lizzy said as if the answer was obvious. Jane went a bit pale at that, Bingley going an angry shade of red and Darcy attempting to stifle a laugh.
“Well go on, husband.” Elizabeth said, looking from him to Jane and back.
“Um, Lizzy, I do not think this to be the best idea.”
“Nonsense, Jane! Mr. Darcy does not bite, but I assure you I will if he does not say something!” She said, exasperated, wanting only to speak to Charles for a moment! At her last words, she stopped in the middle of the path, hands on her hips. At her stopping, Darcy stopped, causing Bingley to stop.
“Heavens above! I just wanted to speak with my brother for a moment!” She said, expressing her frustration by creasing her eyebrows and staring dangerously at each of them.
“Very well.” Darcy said, the first to give in to his wife, who he loved too much to refuse. He went to Jane and with the greatest care lifted her from Charles’ arms. If possible, Jane sat up straighter and tried to lean as far away from Darcy as possible, looking at anything but him, but it was not lost to anyone the sunburn-worthy blush upon her face. Nor was it lost to the group the triumphant look on Lizzy’s face.
“Now, that’s not so bad is it?” She said smugly.
“Come, Mr. Bingley!” She said happily as the two walked forward.

“I hope that, other than your unfortunate ankle, you are faring well, Mrs. Bingley?” Darcy asked, trying to start a conversation. For they had been walking quite awkwardly for the past several minutes since Lizzy and Bingley marched ahead.
“Yes, quite well Mr. Darcy. I hope that marriage suits you as well as it does Lizzy.” Jane replied softly.
“It does indeed, I am quite happy. And by the displeased look on Charles’ face when he released you, I daresay that marriage suits the two of you as well?” He said, attempting to make her laugh, which he did and they both relaxed a bit.
“Yes, I am quite happy with matrimony. But I might confess at the moment that I am quite fearful of what Lizzy is saying to poor Mr. Bingley!” Now it was his turn to laugh.
“That would make the both of us, Mrs. Bingley.”
“Jane, if you wish Mr. Darcy.” She said, the blush creeping back to her cheeks.
“I shall accept that wish but only if you refer to me as William.” He said boldly. And at this point, a more peaceful mood set upon the both of them.


“So, I hope that you are happy, Mr. Bingley in your marriage to my sister?”
“I am. Most happy indeed. I believe marriage has changed me.”
“I might say the same thing about myself, Mr. Bingley. I do believe that matrimony just might be the secret to complete happiness.” He nodded and looked back briefly to see if Darcy and Jane were closeby.
“Do not worry, Mr. Bingley, Mr. Darcy will take good care of Jane. He is nothing less than a gentleman. But on other terms, I must thank you for taking such good care of her. I remember the times from last year when the four of our lives were quite muddled, what with the deception, pride, prejudice and a mix of all other things. I do remember how happy you made Jane when you proposed. She could barely contain her ecstasy when you left! But I admit that she only showed this to me later that night when the house had fallen asleep. I daresay that you have made her a very happy woman.” At hearing these words, Charles felt his heart leap within his chest, for he had never heard this before.
“ Of course she also told me everything of what with the London trip and such. But back to what I was saying previous, I am quite grateful. I have always looked to Jane for guidance, and upon this visit, she seems to have cracked through her shell that had caused her to be so guarded before you met. She now seems unafraid to speak some of her mind and show her true emotions. I am so proud of her for this.” Bingley did not know what to say. What Elizabeth had said had warmed his heart tenfold, his love for Jane growing at every word.
“It is I who should be thanking you now, sister. Your words have calmed and added to my ever-growing respect and love for Jane.” She smiled warmly at him, and looked back at the path herself.
“I now fear that we have left them miles behind!” Lizzy said, and began to walk at a quick pace back the way they had come.

****

“This looks excellent, cook!” Jane said as cook placed their meals in front of the four. As soon as the servants exited the room, they all dug in and ate ravenously.
“I trust that business is well, Darcy?” Charles asked between bites.
“Not so well, my friend. Just last week there was a treacherous accident at one of our mills. Two workers died and three were injured.” He said with a grimace.
“That is horrible, William!” Jane said boldly, receiving a surprised look from her sister.
“Yes, most horrible indeed.” Bingley said, squeezing Janes knee under the table, causing her giggle a little.
“So, onto further business. Jane, how soon do you think you will be able to travel? I do so wish that you will be able to come to Pemberley soon to visit me and William.” Said Lizzy.
“Well, if it suits Charles, I believe that I will be ready to travel whenever you wish for me to come!” Jane said happily, even though her husband shot her a worried glance.
“We should not be too hasty, my love. Your ankle is still damaged.” He said to her. Pondering this for a moment, Jane proposed that they call for the doctor to examine her on the morrow. If he said that she was able to go, then they would leave with the Darcy’s when they returned to Pemberley from their visit. This seemed to suit him better, as well as Lizzy.
“It is settled then!” Lizzy said and clapped giddily.
Soon, the dinner was cleared and the men retired to the billiards room and the women upstairs to the parlor.

“I had a most wonderful chat with Elizabeth this afternoon.” Charles said after Darcy had beaten him twice at billiards.
“I must inquire how it went.” Darcy with a smile on his face.
“Well, she told me a few things about Jane that I did not know, all of them pleasing me very greatly.” He said.
“Ah, so it was secretive talk about Jane?” Said Darcy.
“I would not label it secretive, however I do not think Jane would have been able to hear it without blushing.” He laughed and Darcy joined him. It was not late into the night, and Darcy said that he should retire to his room. Charles then said that he had a letter to write and would be upstairs shortly after. Darcy clapped him on the back and turned up the stairs.

Jane was worried. They were well into the night now and Charles was still not upstair though Mr. Darcy had retired hours ago with Elizabeth. She knew that Charles would not be happy if she walked, but she took her walking stick anyway and stood unsteadily out of bed. She trailed first to his bedchamber, which was ridiculous because they had spent every night of their married life in her chambers. When she did not find him there, she walked cautiously down the stair, as to not slip, and knocked softly on the door of the billiards room. When no answer came, she opened the door but to no avail. Now slightly worried, she walked quickly to the library to find as much success as the billiards room. She then traveled back upstairs and opened the door to his study. Relief washed over her as she saw him, asleep at his desk. She hobbled towards him and placed her hand gently on his back.
“Darling?” She whispered adding a slight pressure to her hand. She was now growing tired from the walking and her ankle ached.
“Charles?” She asked, almost pleading now. He mumbled something incoherently and picked his head up off of the desk. Running his hand over his face, he turned and seemed startled to see Jane.
“Jane!” He said and jumped to his feet. “Your are not supposed to be on your feet!” He said, his voice full of anxiety.
“I am fine. I was only worried because you had not come to bed.” She said and placed her hand on his cheek.
“Jane, you are practically shaking with exhaustion from the pressure to you ankle.” He said, and tried to reach for her.
“Nonsense, Charles! She said and took her hand off of the walking stick for a moment. Not knowing her own weakness, she tilted dangerously to one side but he caught her just before she fell.
“Do you see now? I beg you to be careful, love! I would not be able to live with myself if you were injured again!” He said as he steadied her. If anyone else were to see Jane, they would agree with her husband that she looked utterly exhausted though she was hopelessly trying to hide it.
“Darling, this is ridiculous! Come we are going to bed.” Charles said and lifted Jane off her feet. She was asleep before they even reached the stairs.

****
“Come on, William!” Lizzy shouted excitedly as her husband walked a pace behind her, layden with every bag they had come with. It was his fault though, Lizzy thought. It was he who insisted that she had been bundled from head to toe throughout their entire stay at Netherfield.which had only turned out to be one day.. Charles and Jane were already in the carriage, snuggled close.
The journey to Pemberley was long for sure, but the brothers and sisters and husbands and wives filled it with laughter and pleasant conversation. They only stopped once to rest for the night at a local lodge, it being a two day trip. On the second leg of their journey while Lizzy and Jane slept close to their husbands, Charles decided to confer with Darcy about local properties near Derbyshire.
“To be honest Bingley, Elizabeth has been pressing me to do just the same. I did not know that sisters could miss each other this much, even though I myself miss Georgiana immensely. She will be arriving within the month, I believe. But back to the matter at hand, I have taken a particular fondness to a property in Ashford, only a half hour drive from Pemberley. If you wish, we shall inquire about it as soon as we reach Pemberley.” Said Darcy.
“I do believe that I shall take you up on that offer.” Bingley said and turned his head so he was looking at his wife.
They reached Pemberley _ basking in all of its glory_ by early morning on the third day. Two of the four having been used to the splendor of Pemberley barely gave it a glance as they took their wives’ hands. However, Jane and Lizzy were still awestruck at the sheer beauty of the place. “‘Tis no wonder Mother was so excited!” Jane whispered to her sister. Jane knew that Charles and Mr. Darcy were rather wealthy men, but she never inquired about their fortunes, being the lady that she was. Elizabeth too was quite stunned by the beauty of the manor, even though she had lived within it for nearly four weeks.
“Jane, Elizabeth, Charles and I have decided to go look at a nearby property. We will be back before noon.” Darcy said, kissing his wife on the cheek. Charles did so as well and embraced Jane.
“If we deem it worthy, we shall bring both of you on the morrow to see it for yourselves.” Bingley said. And with that, both men climbed back into the carriage while Lizzy and Jane strolled arm and arm up to the steps.
“It is magnificent Lizzy. But I should not complain, myself living at Netherfield Park.” Jane said after the carriage was well out of sight.
“I often think of how mother will react when she comes visiting!” Lizzy laughed.
“She nearly suffered a heart seizure when she saw Netherfield last year!” They laughed together, two soprano voices.


“Charles, this is silly!”
“I’m sorry my love, but I will not tell you till tomorrow.” Charles said as Jane asked for perhaps the hundredth time what the property was like.
”Will you tell me, Mr. Darcy?” Jane asked and turned her pleading blue eyes on him.
“I cannot sister. Bingley has forbid it.” They were all gathered around the enormous table in the dining room. Lizzy had retired early, complaining of a headache and it was only the two gentlemen and Jane. She was about to turn back to her husband, when Darcy’s manservant, Samuel appeared at the doorway.
“Mr. Darcy.” He said and bowed to his master, then turned to Jane and Bingley.
“Mr. Bingley, Mrs. Bingley, a visitor for you.”
“A visitor? How is it possible that we have a visitor?” Charles said and turned to his wife and then Darcy, both wearing similar looks of confusion.
“They said that they will meet you in the hall.” And with that, Samuel bowed and exited the room.
“Would you like me to come as well?” Darcy asked, but Jane declined and told him to eat his dinner, a most sister-like action. The two Bingleys stood and walked out of the room, Charles standing rather protectively in front of Jane. But as it turned out, there was no need for protecting, as they were greeted in the hall by none other than Charles’ sister.
“Jane, Charles!” She said and rushed towards them. If he was being completely honest, Bingley was bewildered that his sister had come. Yes, she had been a bit rude in the past to the Bennet family, since the engagement she had been trying her very best to welcome not only Jane, but also Elizabeth as well into her life.
“Caroline.” Charles said and bowed. Jane was so bold as to even open her arms which Caroline entered and they embraced warmly for a short while.
“How did you know our whereabouts?” Bingley asked, which was the question on everyone’s mind.
“I went to Netherfield after hearing of your most unfortunate squabble with Louisa, and upon not finding you home, I asked Philips who informed me. I most probably only left an hour or two after you and the Darcy’s. When Louisa returned to London, mother was furious with her.” Caroline explained. At hearing this, Jane was rendered speechless. Charles rarely spoke of his mother, and up to a few weeks ago, Jane was under the impression that she was deceased. She knew for certain that his father was. From what she had been told, the elder Mr. Bingley had been a good natured man who was fair and acquired a large fortune which had now been passed to Charles. As for Mrs. Bingley, all Jane knew was that she lived in London near her daughters.
“Mother nearly disowned Louisa she was so furious. I am still surprised that she did not! When the argument was over, Louisa left and I have not heard from her since then.” Caroline said. At hearing the whole story, Charles had turned quite pale and Jane needed to sit down.
“I never intended to upset Mrs. Hurst so!” Jane said, furiously scolding herself. After all, it was she that had caused Mrs.Hurst such grief. I anything had happened to her, it surely was Jane’s fault.
“Is mother well?” Charles asked, gaining some color back.
“Yes, when I left she was perfectly healthy.” Caroline answered. Bingley relaxed upon hearing this and moved closer to Jane, placing his hand affectionately on her shoulder.
“I have also heard that you had a rather unpleasant fall, Mrs.Bingley?” Caroline asked sincerely.
“Yes, but I have since then recovered and should gain full ability to walk within the next few days.” Jane replied, barely acknowledging that she had done so.
“Mrs. Bingley, are you quite well? You seem to be discoloring rapid!” Caroline noticed with genuine concern.
“I believe that I shall retire now. Charles, stay here and entertain Mr. Darcy and your sister.”
“Are you sure you do not need me to accompany you up the staircase?” Charles asked, growing suspicious.
“I shall do so, brother and then return to you and Mr. Darcy.” Caroline said and took Jane’s hand. Bingley nodded, relieved at this proposal. He turned and went back to the dining room.
Caroline fulfilled her sisterly duty by leading Jane to her bedchamber, but paused before leaving Jane.
“Jane, before I leave you, I wish to apologize.” Said she.
“Whatever for, Caroline?” Jane asked.
“I have never fully apologized for my behaviour towards you, previous to yours and Charles’ engagement. I believe that I just did not understand how true your love was for each other. I see that now from the way Charles’ eyes light up whenever you enter a room and how he immediately gravitates towards you when you are near him. As you do the same. I will admit to you that I will forever be slightly upset towards Mr. Darcy’s marriage as I am sure you are now aware of how I chased after him like a petty school child. Please say you’ll forgive me?” Jane took a moment to actually register what she had said, but quickly gathered her thoughts.
“Caroline, there is barely anything to forgive. Myself and my sister had opinions also of you, Mr. Darcy and even Mr. Bingley before everyone’s reconciliation and engagements. But I appreciate your kind words.” Caroline then embraced Jane and Jane returned the favor. Bidding her good night, Caroline curtseyed and left her.
Charles awoke the next day in bed next to Jane. It was their four week anniversary of marriage and they were going to spend it looking at their future home. When he had visited Ashford Hall the day previous, he and Darcy both agreed that it was a magnificent manor. It was quite a bit larger than Netherfield, but not as big as Pemberley. Upon their visit, Darcy had informed Bingley that the very same architect who designed Pemberley had designed Ashford Hall several years after Pemberley was finished. It was a rectangular building resting completely centered atop a hill. The front of the building consisted of a large series of steps and exactly six stone pillars and several large windows. Most of the rooms on the main floor were galleries and music rooms as well as a conservatory, library, billiards room and two studies. These floors had been furnished and painted with a light, pastel palette of colors. The second level consisted of mainly the grand ballroom, a few parlors and the dining rooms. The third and final level was decorated with the same light colors as the main floor and only harbored the private chambers and parlors. The land surrounding the house were quite vast and lasted for several miles. They included many gardens and pathways through the woods, and in a secluded area were the servant’s cottages and the pastures. He was quite confident that Jane would adore it as much as he and Darcy had. But just to be sure, he would show her the house before purchasing it. The manor had been placed at an excellent price and the roads around it were usually lightly traveled.
“Good morning, my love.” Charles said as Jane stirred and turned around to face him.
“Good morning. I am ready to see our new home today!” she said eagerly. He laughed and brushed the hair from her face.
“‘Tis not our home before you approve of it.” He said and she laughed.
“Charles, I am confident that I will love it seeing as how you seem to.” He smiled at her and then kissed her.

Caroline and the Darcy’s met them downstairs in the next hour and, after they had all eaten, packed into the carriage and left for Ashford Hall.
“Oh, my!” Jane, Elizabeth and Caroline said in unison when the five of them exited the carriage.
Jane gripped Charles’ arm for fear that she might swoon.
“It is.......is......glorious, enchanting!” Lizzy managed to utter.
“Come, shall we go inside?” Darcy asked, taking Lizzy’s hand. They mounted the stairs and the three women reached the top in record time. Jane blushed as she nearly ran up the stair, feeling like a small child who had been set loose in a sweets shop. They spent the next two hours exploring the grand Ashford Hall, the three women banning together. As their self-guided tour went on, Lizzy noted how pleasant and genuine Caroline was acting. She could not help being just a little suspicious, but embraced this new Caroline wholeheartedly.
“This room I particularly like.” Jane said as they entered a small parlor colored in hues of lavender and greens.
“It is quite enchanting.” Caroline added as Lizzy nodded her approval. It was indeed a wonderful, designed in a neo-classical form.
In light of propriety, they did not explore all of the bedchambers seeing as how the owners still occupied it.
“Charles, It is wonderful!” Jane said as the three women reunited with Darcy and Charles.
“I quite like it as well. Darcy shall bring you three to the carriage as I talk with the current owner.” He said as Darcy ushered them all towards the door.

“What is taking the two of them such a long time?” Lizzy asked impatiently. They four had been waiting in the carriage for over half an hour, Charles still inside negotiating with the owner.
“It is business, my darling, and the amount of time it takes can vary greatly.” Darcy said to his wife, being a man of business himself. Finally after ten more minutes, Bingley emerged from the manor, smiling brightly.
“Well?” Jane asked, trying unsuccessfully to hide her enthusiasm.
“We are to move in within the month.” He said nonchalantly.
“Oh!” Jane and Lizzy squealed as they embraced their husbands and then each other. Even Caroline was pulled into the hug, much to her surprise.
They were back at Pemberley soon and were about to prepare for dinner when Samuel arrived and bowed.
“Mr. Bingley, Mrs. Bingley, another visitor for you.” He said calmly.
“Who could be visiting us now?” Charles asked, slightly annoyed. He could handle the Darcys, who were after all quite enjoyable to be around, and he could even handle his sister who’s attitude had changed drastically, but he just wanted to be with Jane. It was still somewhat their honeymoon, and they had rarely gotten to be alone in the past week.
“Sir, she too is in the library.” He said and left quickly.
“It looks as if Samuel has seen a ghost!” Lizzy laughed, remarking his uncomfortableness and pale face. Jane took Charles arm and looked at him curiously. He met her eyes with the same expression.
“Well, whoever it may be, we should not keep them waiting.” Jane said boldly. Lizzy nodded and Mr. Darcy took her hand in his. Caroline linked arms with Jane as the five of them walked into the library.

Of all the people that Jane, Caroline, Elizabeth and the two gentlemen knew, the person sitting across from them in an armchair was the absolute last person anyone would think might come visiting. Charles and Darcy were literally speechless, Caroline struck dumb. Though Jane did not know the woman, she and her sister could guess easily from the woman’s freckles and slightly orange hair.
“Charles!” The woman said as she saw the young people enter. She stood and rushed to him, crushing him in a hug only capable of a mother.
“Mother!” He said, obvious surprise in his voice.
“And this must be Jane! Oh you are gorgeous, my dear.” Mrs. Bingley cried as she pulled Jane into the hug.
“Mrs. Bingley, it is lovely to see you again. This is my wife, Elizabeth Darcy.” Darcy said and bowed.
“Fitzwilliam! You have grown so much since I last saw you. And I daresay that you married as well as my son, look at how gorgeous these women are!” She said, exchanging Charles and Jane for Darcy and Lizzy. After hugs and kisses had been given, the six seated themselves as Jane rang for tea.
“Mother, what has brought you to Derbyshire?” Caroline asked which was the question on everyone’s mind.
“Well Caroline, I was not able to attend the wedding because of my health, but I wished to meet my new daughter! My dear,” she said, turning to Jane. “I must say that I have never seen my Charlie so happy!” Lizzy nearly spit up her tea when Mrs. Bingley said ‘Charlie’.
“It is an honor to meet you, Mrs. Bingley.” Jane said, taking Mrs. Bingley’s hand.
“Nonsense dear, and there is only one Mrs. Bingley here, I am Annette to you, your sister and William. I am of course mother to Caroline and Charlie.” This time it was Darcy who stifled a laugh.
“But I will admit that I have also come to see how you are faring. I must apologize most sincerely for the actions of Mrs. Hurst. She had absolutely no business coming here to say such things. I myself think that this is a lovely marriage, and everyone can see that you love each other. For the twenty minutes I have been here, you have been nearly inseparable. I have seen many marriages in my life, but none quite like yours. Yours is a marriage of true and pure love.” Charles turned red at her boldness, but tears welled in Jane’s eyes.
“Thank you!” She said, flinging her arms around Annette.
“No one other than my sister and Charles have said such kind words of us. I appreciate it most dearly. Charles may be much too good for me, but I do love him with all of my heart.” She cried as tears streamed down her face. Annette stroked Jane’s hair softly as she spoke, looking at Charles.
“My dear, as a mother, you do deserve my son. And he deserves you.”
Jane finally released Annette, but sat close to her, wiping the tears off of her face. They spent the next few hours talking and laughing, dinner completely forgotten. When the clock struck eleven, Caroline excused herself along with the Darcys. Shortly after, Annette went upstairs, leaving only Charles and Jane in the library. As soon as his mother exited the library, he stood and went to sit with Jane. He sat on the armchair and pulled her onto his lap.
“Charles, I quite like your mother.” Jane said as he stroked her hair.
“She appears to be quite agreeable.” He said, but something in his tone caught her attention. He had not talked much to his mother while they were all talking, and he seemed somewhat uncomfortable.
“Charles, what is bothering you?” She asked. When he looked up at her, she was shocked and hurt when she saw the pain in his eyes.
“Charles, you are scaring me! Whatever is the matter? Are you ill? Have I displeased you in some way?” She asked, her voice frantic.
“No! No.” He said loudly.
“You have done nothing wrong my love and I am in good health.”
“Then what is wrong, darling?” He sighed and stood from the chair, sitting Jane in his place. He began to pace the room, running his hands through his hair and muttering softly. Jane was growing more and more frightened by the minute. Not sure what to do, but so distraught, she began to cry. As she cried, she scolded herself. ‘He must think I am a silly girl, crying so often.’ But this was a true sign of love. Jane felt it in her heart when Charles was not right. It devastated her when he was upset, wanting only happiness for him.

******

The author's comments:
This is my favorite chapter because of the names of the children which took me a while to think up. Jane Georgiana-Ann Darcy is named after Jane Austen, Jane Bingley, Mr. Darcy's sister, Georgiana and Mr. Darcy's cousin Ann who is also the daughter of Lady Catherine DeBurgh. Alexander Charles Darcy was named after Charles Bingley and I picked Alexander because I like it. Charles Fitzwilliam Bingley is named after his father (charles) and Mr. Darcy who's name is Fitzwilliam. (this is my favorite) Cassandra Annette Katherine Caroline Bingley is named after Jane Austen's only sister, Cassandra to whom Jane was very close with. Annette is after Mr. Bingley's mother (who I created) Katherine is for the second youngest Bennet sister, Kitty, who I always loved, and Caroline is for Mr. Bingley's sister. I always loved Caroline Bingley because she was just so despicable and deliciously evil.

“Jane?” Charles stopped in his tracks and went to her.
“Why are you crying?” He asked seriously.
“You must think me but a silly girl, I have been crying so much lately. But Charles, I cannot bear to see you so distraught!” She said. He knew exactly what she meant the moment she said it. He had felt the exact same way when he had hurt her ankle. The feeling was terrible, and he wouldn’t wish it on his worst enemy.
“It is all right my Jane. I will tell you what is wrong, even though it will only make you more distraught.” He said and held her close. He cleared his throat and began.
“I am at a loss as to why my mother has come visiting. She has never before, and I just can not fathom what her reason could be!” He said. Wiping her face, Jane laughed.
“Charles, if you mother meant us any harm whatsoever she would not have traveled almost a three days journey to do so, and even then she would not have treated myself and our friends with such warmth!” He released her from his arms as she stood.
“Let us go to sleep, my love. It is quite late.” She said with humor and the went to their chambers.

****

“So, Charles, William has revealed to me that you will be permanently leaving Netherfield within a fortnight!” Annette said to her son the next morning as they were all gathered at the breakfast table.
“Yes, we will be relocating to Ashford Hall quite soon.” He replied, placing his hand on Jane’s.
“This is so exciting! I have heard that Ashford Hall is one of the most enchanting manors in Derbyshire. I knew the family who owned it previous, they will be moving to France quite soon.” She said.

“I so wish that we will all go to France one day.” Lizzy said with a dreamy look in her eyes. Darcy chuckled and assured her that it would be done in the future.
“I wish for us all to go riding to Ashford today. I dearly wish to explore the grounds there.” Jane said.
“So it shall be done!” Annette said gaily and left to prepare for the trip.
“That sound like a wonderful idea.” Darcy said, smiling at Jane. He knew that she acknowledged how much he enjoyed horses. But his smile turned to an expression of concern as Lizzy leaned and whispered something in his ear.
“Of course, how could I have forgotten! Forgive me, my darling.” He replied softly.
“I must upset you sister. Myself and Elizabeth will be unable to accompany you.” He said and they rose.
“Why ever not, brother?” Jane said, standing.
“You must not fuss so, Jane! I will be fine.” Lizzy said, smiling happily.
“Lizzy? I will not fuss, but I do wish to know the cause of your sudden discomfort.” Jane said civilly, her voice becoming shaky.
“Oh, well, alright. Husband, shall you tell them?” She asked with faux seriousness.
“Charles, Jane, it is with the highest joy that I tell you me and Mrs. Darcy are expecting our first child.” Darcy said joyously. Jane’s eyes widened and Charles smiled widely.
“Oh, Lizzy!” Jane cried and hugged her sister closely.
“This is wonderful news, Darcy.” Charles said, clapping Darcy on the back.
“How long have you known?” Jane asked, her eyes gleaming with love.
“Almost five months. It is a wonder that you have not noticed my bulging stomach!” Lizzy said smiling.
“Why did you not tell us?” Jane asked, hands on her hips.
“We wanted to be absolutely certain! I didn’t even tell William until two months!” She laughed.
“Well, they we will all stay with you.” Jane said.
“Yes, we shall go and sit in the parlor.”Charles confirmed.
“Oh no! We do not wish to ruin your ride. Go, yo must!” Lizzy insisted.”
“Lizzy, you just told your closest sister that you are expecting a child. I am not going to leave you now!” Not waiting for her to answer, Jane took Lizzy’s arm and led her to the parlor. They met Annette in the hallway, dressed for a day outdoors.
“Annette, there has been a change of plans. My sister has just announced she is expecting her first child with Mr. Darcy and I wish to keep her company.” She said to the elder woman.
“Oh, of course! Congratulations my darling girl, and to you as well William! Oh, a baby! It has been so long since we have had a baby in the family! I shall go and change into something more comfortable than meet you in the parlor!” She said giddily and practically danced up the stairs. Darcy laughed and held his wife close. They all went to the parlor, Darcy and Charles conversing as Jane and Lizzy giggled and talked of babies.
“Oh, Lizzy! I am so excited for you! I can not wait to be and aunt!” She said.
“Nor me to be a mother, I yearn to see my baby, but he is encased within me!” She said, pointedly at her growing belly.
“What do you think it will be?” She asked inquisitively.
“Well, I have never been pregnant so therefore have no experience, but I believe it will be a girl.”
“A girl!” Jane practically squealed.
“Tis just a feeling, but yes.”
“Do you and William have any names picked out yet?”
“We have pondered several, and have limited it to two names for a boy or girl. If it to be a boy, we thought of Alexander or Charles. If it to be a girl, either Jane or Katherine.” She said.
“Jane?” Jane asked in shock.
“Yes, after her aunt and a wonderful woman that William and I met when we were in Bath. Her name was Ms. Austen, Jane Austen. A very lively woman, William remarked that she was quite like myself. We spent the day with her, but her family needed her at home. ”
“Lizzy, I do not know what to say!” She said.
“Jane, it is the very least that I can do to honor my dear sister. You should not undermine yourself Jane, you are a beam of light that shines upon us all. Everytime I see him, Charles seems so at peace and utterly happy when you are with him. She smiled at her sister and took her hand.
“Do you have a nursery ready?”
“Yes, but I am not allowing anyone to see it until the baby is born, a sort of secret!”
“Charles, I must ask, when will you and Jane be expecting?” Lizzy asked, looking mischievous. He blushed bright red, averting his eyes to his shoes. Darcy laughed heartily and went to his wife.
“Elizabeth, you should rest now. I do not wish for you to become ill when you are with child or any day.” Darcy said and helped his wife to her feet.
“A nap does sound wonderful right now. I shall see you all at dinner.” Lizzy said, nodding to Charles and then Jane. Jane sighed with pleasure, happy for her sister and secretly for herself, she had longed for a niece for so long, and would soon be one. When they left the room, Jane laughed with Charles. He was just as excited as she was to be an uncle, to have a child about the family.
“Charles I.....oh!” She said, clutching her stomach.
“Ow!” She yelped again, doubling over as if someone had punched her.
“Jane?!” Charles asked.
“Charles, send for a doctor!” She cried. He yelled for Darcy first and he came running down the steps, not recalling a time Charles had seemed so upset.
“Take Jane to her room, I must go for the doctor.” He said quickly to his friend. Darcy lifted Jane who was shrieking with every pain. He carried her to her room and up the stairs as Charles drove a curricle as speedily as he could to the doctors house.
“Sir, Mrs. Bingley is severely ill, you must come immediately!” He said. Not needing any more than that, the doctor grabbed his bag and followed Charles back to the carriage. Meanwhile, Elizabeth had woken and was at her sister’s side. The pains had subsided a little, but she was still in extreme discomfort. When the doctor arrived, everyone cleared from the room, Darcy and Charles pacing in the hallway as Elizabeth sat in a nearby chair.
“Has this happened before?” She asked, trying to ease her brother and husband.
“Never, I do not know what have could brought it on!” Charles said, running his hands through his hair. Finally, the doctor came from the room and closed the door behind.
“Well?” Charles nearly screamed at the doctor. He put up his hands in surrender, opening his mouth to speak.
“There is no need to worry, Mr. Bingley. Mrs. Bingley has suffered some abdominal pains due to a near miscarriage. The child is fine, but it was a close call and she will need to be bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy.”
“What?” Lizzy asked, standing.
“Yes, what?” Charles echoed.
“You are telling me that my wife is pregnant?” He said.
“Indeed sir, I thought you knew. She has been with child for almost a month now.” Now it was Charles’ turn to sit.
“Congratulation, old boy!” Darcy said, laughing and clapping his friend on his back.
“I....I did not know! Jane...Jane is....we are having a child!” He laughed, smiling ear to ear. Lizzy smiled and hugged Charles.
“Is my sister decent?” Lizzy asked the doctor. He nodded and she went past him into the room.
“Jane! Congratulations!” She said.
“For what?” Jane said, truly baffled.
“Jane, love, we are having a child!” Charles said, taking her hand and kissing her forehead.
“A child? Me?” She called for the doctor and he explained everything.
“Well, I was experiencing certain pains and symptoms associated with pregnancy, but I never thought! This is amazing new!” She cried, tears streaming from her face as she hugged her husband.

Everyone was in good spirits for the rest of the visit, and on December 12th, the Bingleys moved into Ashford Hall. Both couples were unconditionally happy as well as Caroline and Annette. The two couples visited each other once a week to check up on the women’s health and just to simply have the good company. Lizzy and Jane told Mrs. and Mr. Bennet the month after Jane and Charles found out about their child, much to the aggravation of Mrs. Bennet. And every time that she or Lydia visited, they all counted their blessings and thanked god that they lived so far away. Kitty and Mary spent February and March with the sisters, and much to the delight of all four of them, Kitty had become a wonderful girl, finally away from Lydia’s influence. Mary remained quiet throughout the visit, however she opened up to Georgiana when she came. Altogether, everyone was blissful for most of the time. Naturally Lizzy was the first to give birth at Pemberley Manor in her bedchamber. Jane Georgiana-Anne Darcy was born on April 22nd, 1816 at 9:37 am weighing 6.5 pounds, and Alexander Charles Darcy was born on April 22nd, 1816 at 9:38 am weighing 7 pounds. For the time that they were without a child themselves, Charles and Jane doted on the twins, completely and hopelessly in love with them. Like they had done with their wives, Charles and Darcy spoiled Jane and Alexander to no end. Needless to say, a seperate room was needed to house all of their toys, clothing and other things. Lizzy had a quick recovery and grew even more bright and lively which was a good thing because the Darcy twins (as they would become known) were rambunctious babies who required as much attention as possible. They were pretty as well, both being blessed with bright blue eyes and chocolate-colored hair. As the spring and then summer came to an end, Jane was not allowed to leave her bedroom for the baby’s health. When September came, the Darcy’s moved to Ashford Hall so they were there for the final days of Jane’s pregnancy. Charles Fitzwilliam Bingley was born on September 22nd, 1817 at 10:00 am weighing 5.7 lbs, and Cassandra Annette Katherine Caroline Bingley was born on September 22nd, 1817 at 10:10 am, weighing 5.5 lbs. When Cassandra was born, Charles, Lizzy, Darcy and Jane all shared a laugh, thinking what the chances were that two sisters would give birth to twins. When asked by Annette why all of the childrens names were so long, they laughed again, remembering the arguments that had gone on between both couples as to who must be honored and what names they like. In the end, everyone was happy with the names. Unlike her sister, Jane was slow to recover, but by the next month was on her feet and doting on her two treasures. All was well in Derbyshire, England.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.