Little Girl Lost | Teen Ink

Little Girl Lost

By Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada

Author's note: If you love someone never let them go no matter what happens in the world.

“Good morning miss Johnson, it’s a lovely morning isn’t it?” Serena said
“Yes it is Serena, what do you want?” Miss Johnson said
“Ok well I was wondering when I am going to be adopted.” Serena said
“I don’t know really, soon I hope sweetie. Any ways did you eat breakfast at all Serena?” Miss Johnson said
“No! I did not Miss Johnson, I’m sorry I just don’t eat that stuff that you guys cook for everybody, I’m sorry.” Serena said
“Ok sweetie sometimes I really worry about you a lot and it scares me sometimes. Did you have any nightmares this time?” Miss Johnson said

Before I could answer Miss Johnson question, Miss Carson walked in and told me and Miss Johnson that I’m going to be adopted today. I saw Miss Johnson and Miss Carson dancing around like they were so happy to get ride of me or something but, I could be looking at them the wrong way anyways. I guess you can say that I’m also really excited about leaving as well. I walked out of the office, and up the stairs to pack my book in my sack and one pair of clothes, to since I really don’t have any but two pairs. I really don’t have a lot of things because I’m poor and very weird to a lot of people. I grabbed my sack and went down stairs to join Miss Johnson and Miss Carson but I could not find them any wear, I found Miss Johnson in the living room giving two people to sign some papers, I’m guessing to take me away and live a happy life. I watched as they all got up and walked to wear I was.

“Serena these are your parent’s now good luck dear.” Miss Johnson said

I watched Miss Johnson leave and Miss Carson to. I’m so sad that I’m leaving but also sad that I’m being adopted. I watched as my new parents come towards me.

“Hi it’s nice to meet you both, I’m Serena Hope Waters and you are?” Serena said
“Hello dear it’s nice to meet you to, my name is Sarah Wilder.” Sarah said
“Hi my name is Steve Wilder, oh and don’t worry sweetheart were not changing your name.” Steve said
“Ah ok then!” Serena said
“So are ready to go now, do you have everything?” Sarah said
“Yes I do it’s just this sack really.” Serena said
“Ok well then so let’s go if you’re ready.” Steve said
“Yes I’m ready to go.” Serena said

We walked out the door together and I saw some of the girls looking at me like they were so happy to get ride of me for good. But I’m way happier than them because I’m the one being adopted and not them. We got into the car and drove off.

I can’t believe this is happing to me it feels like a dream come true for some reason, but it’s not. This is so cool and excited to me at the same time.

“So if you guys don’t mind me asking but where do you live? And what should I call you guys?” Serena said
“You can call us mom and dad if you life Serena or Sarah and Steve is fine with us to.” Sarah said
“And we live in a house it’s a two story house.” Steve said
“Oh that’s cool! I’m very happy to hear that.” Serena said
“Thank you Serena I do hope you will like?” Sarah said
“Yes I sure will.” Serena said
“So when is your birthday Serena?” Steve said
“It’s June 4, 1996, why do you need to know that?” Serena said
“Well because sweetie we want to throw you a birthday party.” Sarah said
“Oh ok that’s cool.” Serena said

We kept on driving but I soon fell asleep from driving because I’m so tried to.

I saw a bright light going throw my head and all of a sudden there was screaming, yelling and a car crashing so fast it felt like I was flying. I saw two police officers coming to save us.
“Hey there’s a little girl in here, lets get her out now.” First police said
“But what about her parents?” second police man said?
“There dead, but right now we have to get this little girl to safety now.” First police said
“Yes sir!” Second police said

I woke up to someone shaking me and calling my name. I was so scared and shaking like crazy I really thought I was losing it for sure. Sarah and Steve had a worry look on there faces that took be by surprise.

“Serena is you ok sweetie you really scared me and Steve?” Sarah said
“Yeah I’m ok I guess. Did I say anything in my sleep at all Sarah?” Serena said
“Well yes you did, you kept on saying mom dad please don’t go don’t leave me hear alone.” Sarah said
“Oh I see I’m really sorry about that, I might want to warn you Sarah that I may have these dreams once in a while, I just wanted to let you know.” Serena said
“Ok sweetie thank you for letting me know ahead of time.” Sarah said

Steve got back into the car and gave me some apple juice and some cheetah’s to eat on. Boy I sure do love this family already they are so nice to me. We drove just a little bit longer until we came to a sign that said Welcome to California, which I thought is pretty cool to me. I can’t wait to see the house they bought and the beach if they really have one of course. This is my first time coming here so this is a huge big difference to me all at once.

We stopped in front of the house; I can’t believe that I live here now. The house was so huge and big to me. We walked up to the house and Steve started to unlock the door to let me and Sarah in. I walked in and to my surprise it was very big. The kitchen was big, the living room was even bigger plus they had a flat screen TV in the living room, I walked up stairs and saw the computer room for Steve and Sarah which is so cute, they had the master bedroom and the bathroom in side there room, and I walked over to my room which is twice as bigger than all of the room in this house. My room was covered in light blue which is my favorite color and it had all shorts of shells on it with stars on it, I even get my on blackens, and my bathroom is really big to, my walk in closet can fit over 200 clothes in it, and for some reason I had stairs in my room. I walked up the stairs in my room and found it was another room which it was a computer study room for me to do my homework and other stuff. I so love this whole house it was so cool to me. I walked back down and found Steve and Sarah.

“So do you like every thing Serena or no? We change the color or take the sea shells down if you like sweetheart.” Steve said
“No it’s perfect I love it so much, oh and by the way blue is my favorite color just wanted to let you know.” Serena said
“I’m so happy to hear you say that, that makes us happy as well.” Steve said
“Where Sarah anyway?” Serena said
“She is down stairs problem cooking something or telling the maid to do something. Hey do you want to go out to eat if you like to?” Steve said
“Sure I would love to Steve and thank you so much for everything.” Serena said
“Your welcome sweetheart!” Steve said

We both walked back down stairs and found Sarah looking out the window. I taped her shoulder and she kind of jumped a little bit.

“Oh I’m sorry Sarah I didn’t mean to scare you like that.” Serena said
“It’s ok; I’m used of being scared to death, ha ha.” Sarah said
“Well honey we are planning to go to dinner you coming or staying here all day.” Steve said
“Nope I’m coming with you to. Besides we need to Serena some clothes anyways.” Sarah said
“We are going out shopping to?” Serena said
“Yes do you want to do that Serena or no?” Steve said
“Yes I do, please.” Serena said
“Ok well let’s go then.” Sarah said

We walked out of the house together and into the car. We drove for a little bit and then we came to a stop and got out of the car. We walked up to Applebee’s and into the restaurant and the lady who was sheriving us took us to our seat and sat us down. Steve and Sarah looked at the menu and started to order what they had wanted to eat on. I looked at the menu to but I couldn’t find anything to eat on so I had to ask them because I have no idea what so ever.

“Sweetie are you having a hard time deciding what you want to eat on?” Sarah said
“Yes I am can you please help me.” Serena said
“Of course Serena we would be happy to.” Steve said

They looked at the menu on there side of the table and read it to me so I can understand what it was saying to me. The waiter came by and it was a lady name Casey and she was going to be our waiter for the night. She asked us what we wanted and Steve and Sarah are already done ordering for them selves, so now it was my turn to do the same thing. I told her I wanted to have some fries and some cat fish which to me sounded really good right about now. She took my order and said ill be back with your guys food. After she had left I started to play with the water in my cup and drink some, but for some reason it didn’t taste good to me so I put some salt into so it can taste good to me, Steve and Sarah looked at me for some reason and didn’t know what to say after that for a moment.

“Ah, Serena why did you put salt into your water sweetheart, we are both confused about that?” Sarah said
“I don’t know really, just for some reason I had to have it to make me feel better. Regularly water does not taste good to me unless I add salt to it, also with my food as well. It’s kind of strange but some of the kinds would call me weird because I don’t eat what they eat all the time.” Serena said
“Like what if you don’t mind us asking of course?” Steve said
“No I don’t mind at all. Well the things I don’t eat are pizza, BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, and well ah I think like breakfast things like that.” Serena said
“Oh dear your not alliger to it are you?” Sarah said
“NO I’m not really its ok I’m fine.” Serena said
“Are you on some sort of diet Serena?” Steve said
“No but it helps keep my wait down.” Serena

Before Steve or Sarah could ask another question I sipped my water again, and all of a sudden my hand started to feel all tingly like it was sending shiver down my spine or something like that. Then I started to do something with my hands to my cup and I started to do water tricks. I took the water out of my cup and forming it into an ice rose for Sarah and it looked just like a crystal of some sort. It was so pretty that I could not stop starting at it, and neither could Steve or Sarah could either. Everybody around the restaurant had seen what I had did to and they went back to eating like it was no big deal to them at all. I gave the rose to Sarah and she looked at me for a moment and just smiled at me. I was really happy that I had done that but also scared because I didn’t know what is going on with me.

The waiter name Casey came back to our table and gave us our food and we started to eat. I was so happy that I had got my food because I was really hungry. Sarah and Steve looked at me like I never ate before in my life, but it was so good I couldn’t put it down no matter what. They started to eat as well and they were enjoying them self’s while still looking at me happily.

“Serena how did you do that with the water it was kind of odd to us and really weird, ok well so what I’m trying to say is, it was really interesting to the both of us dear.” Sarah said
“Well I don’t know really, it just came to and it was cool. I was really bored and tried of waiting for the food so something inside of me wanted to make you guys happy. Is that ok or no?” Serena said
“Yes its ok Serena were not mad at you at all sweetheart it was just a shocked to us is all were saying.” Steve said
“Oh ok well that’s good to know then.” Serena said

I was all done eating my food first and then I was just waiting for Sarah and Steve to get done. All of sudden the water started to form into words like I was to lazy to even speak to them or something like that. I looked at it in shocked and didn’t know what to do. Everybody around the restaurant really turned there heads and looked at me like I was crazy or just plain
weird to them. I really don’t know what’s happing to me or why it is happing to me at all.

Steve and Sarah were so lost in there own minds like they couldn’t say or word about what just happen or why it happen. But it did and now it is really starting to freak me out even more. The words that I had formed were this “Are you guys done eating because I’m getting tried and want to go home now if you don’t mind.” That’s what I said to them and that’s what I want to do is go home. I really don’t like it when a lot of people are staring at me it really freaks me out, it’s like kind like I did something wrong to them or myself really.

Steve and Sarah were done eating and they paid for the check and ready to go. We all left the restaurant and got into the car and drove home in silence that’s what happens really. Steve unlocked the door for me and Sarah to go in first and I went up stairs to my new room. I laid there on the bed and just went to sleep since I was really tired.

As soon as I fell asleep I started to dream again but this time the dream was new and different and very weird which in other words it did not make since at all.

The two police officers found the crashed veical on the side of the road in the rain, and saw the two parents were dead but they had a baby in the car with them. They didn’t know how the baby survived but she did and the parents did not for some reason. They took the baby to the orphanage place and told the head mistry that there has been a car accenidt and that the baby needs to be placed here and stay here.

I woke up startled by what just happened and how it happened. It didn’t make any since to me at all, about how my parents died and what caused them to die and not me. But I guess it didn’t matter anyways because I lived and maybe they wanted me to live for a reason, which is a really good thing for me. I still in the middle of the night for me, I can’t believe it’s still night. I thought it was still in the morning but I guess I was wrong about that for some reason. Ahh, who cares anyways I can’t go back to sleep I might as well go down stares and watch some tv while I’m add it.
I went down stares to turn the tv and just sat there listing the tv silently to myself, it’s so quiet for me. So turned the tv off and went out side to the beach area and just started to walk along side the beach for a while. What’s wrong with me, I keep on having these crazy dreams and I don’t know why. Well at least I can’t blame the person who did this to me. I just don’t see the pont on getting mad over nothing.

I kept on walking by the beach but when I looked up I saw a head pop out of the water, not one head but two heads. It’s so dark out tonight I can’t make out who they are and why they are swimming so close to me like they just loss something on the shore. They swam a little bit closer and all of a sodden I felt one of there hands reaching out for me to take it, I don’t know but I reached out my hand and held it out for them to see. I think it was a women but she droped a peace of something in my hand. And then she and I guess he swam away so fast it was like they were never hear at all. I ran back to the house so fast it kind of felt like I was flying or something like that. I opened the door to the house and went up to my room and closed the door softly so no one can hear. I turned on the light to see what that person had giving me, it was a necklace with a golden shell on it. When I looked at it really closely I found out it was a locket, I opened it up and it played the most beautiful song I have ever heard of, it kind of brote tears to my eyes and at the same time I went back to sleep in a blink of any eye.

I woke up to someone shaking me lighting on my shoulder and it was Sarah and Steve staring at me like they were all worried again for some reason. I opened my eyes full and looked at them for a sec and they saw I was crying, but I don’t know why I was crying it just felt good to cry, maybe because they are happy tears and not sad tears.

“Serena are you ok sweetheart? Me and Sarah woke up so fast because we heard you crying all night and you didn’t stop.” Steve said

“Serena we were very worried about you sweetheart, we thought you had fallen off the bed or something like that.” Sarah said

“No really I’m fine thank you. But yes I was crying because of this necklace in my hand I have hear.” Serena said

“Wait what locket Serena? Where did you get it?” Steve said

“It’s not in your hand Serena, it’s on you neck sweetheart.” Sarah said

“What! I thought it was in my hand last time I saw it. Thanks Sarah! I got it at the beach Steve but the thing is someone gave it to me, I think it was women and a man. But they were swimming in the middle of the night it was kind of scary. And before I knew what they were going to give me they swam away so fast it was like the wind passing by. But they were really nice to me tho, they didn’t hurt me or anything like that.” Serena said
“Serena why were you out so late walking along the beach any way? If you don’t mind me asking.” Sarah said
“That’s the thing tho I don’t know why I do it ether. It’s like I hear someone calling me and I wake up to find my self sleeping walking or I just wake up and go to where the sound is coming from basically really. I’m really sorry but when I was staying at the orphanage with all the other kids they all new I really weird and I would sleep walk all the time to over there as well.” Serena said

“Huh, and you have no idea how it happens to you ether Serena?” Steve said

“No not really sorry.” Serena said

“Ok well do you want to eat breakfast Serena?” Sarah said

“Sure thank you!” Serena said

They left the room so I can get up and get changed into something cool since its so hot out side. I pited out a light blue shirt and some blue shorts to match with it. I got dressed and combed my hair and went down stairs to were Steve and Sarah were waiting for me.
Wow, I looked at the table and everything looked so good to eat, I went to the table and sat down and waited for Steve and Sarah to sit down with me.

on Jan. 24 2012 at 9:23 am
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thank You! That really means a lot to me when someone really likes my story. Do you have any thing I can read on some of your stuff? Let me know ok! :)

Imy_Spray GOLD said...
on Jan. 22 2012 at 12:07 am
Imy_Spray GOLD, North Shore City, Other

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in the bud, was more painful than the risk it took to bloom.

I like the idea of the story. It's really cool and original. But some parts were a little mixed up where you had words switched round and sometimes it would switch from present to past tense. Just something to think about I guess :) But don't get me wrong, its great!

on Jan. 3 2012 at 5:06 pm
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Do you have anything posted on your stuff at all, I would so love to read them. :)

on Jan. 3 2012 at 5:05 pm
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
How can I go back and fix my story, because I don't know how? Can you please help me on that part. :)

on Dec. 1 2011 at 4:26 pm
emmy1578 BRONZE, Kingsport, Tennessee

"There's nothing to writing. You just sit at a typewriter and bleed."

Detail. detail is key. and simply by adding in more events and subplots would be a big help too.

on Dec. 1 2011 at 2:49 pm
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thank You so much for reading my story, but I do have a question though, how can I go back and fix the pages? Or add more pages to them? :) 

on Nov. 29 2011 at 12:47 am
emmy1578 BRONZE, Kingsport, Tennessee

i agree! very good outline and plot, just a little more work on the dialogue and details! great story thou(:

on Oct. 17 2011 at 11:48 am
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks I'm so happy you really like it a lot. I will be looking for you stuff to ok. Vote often on my web page. Thank You!! :)

on Oct. 6 2011 at 4:40 pm
DoloresDarling, Cambridge, Ohio

Sarah Michelle Gellar- [on the importance of reading] I love books. I\'m constantly afraid we\'re moving into this digital era where books are going to go away, and to me books are the basis to everything in life. Reading is how we function.

I think the story is alright, but I think the dialouge should be made so it can be more believable.

:3 Make sure you have someone check over your work also! It can help with the typos..