Legacy

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Parting Words

Kaysie entered June’s room; he heard her in the bathroom. “It’s me.” Kaysie called out as he sat on her bed.

“I see.” June said as she exited the bathroom; her hair was down and she was wearing a red night gown.

Kaysie’s eyes grew wide; he quickly regained himself then asked, “Why are you dressed like that? I know you’re a reinforcement, but you could be called up at anytime.” June ignored his words as she sat on his lap and placed her hand on his face. “June?” Kaysie asked as he stared at her with narrow eyes. Her eyes were closed; but her facial expression reflected that of extreme intimacy.

“I want to please you before you leave.” June said as she kissed him on the cheek. Kaysie sat there as June continued; he didn’t quite know what to do.

“June stop.” Kaysie said as he grabbed June’s waist and held her away from him a bit. June simply shook her head and wrapped her arms around him tighter. Kaysie held her back as she dug her head in his chest and began to cry.

“I heard you and Death talking.”

“I know.”

“You need an heir.”

“No; what I need is for you to be strong.”

June looked up at Kaysie as he continued.

“I’d love to have a child with you June; but first I’d want for you to be my wife.”

To this June dug her head into Kaysie’s chest once more and began to cry again; however these tears were that of joy.

“You can trust me; I won’t die.”

June nodded.

“You should get dressed.” Kaysie stated as June stood up and headed for the bathroom.

As June exited, dressed for war, Kaysie was their waiting for her. She looked at him as she drew close to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Kaysie tied her hair up into a pony tail; after he finished he wrapped his arms around her waist. “We won’t be able to say goodbye after we exit you’re room.” Kaysie stated. June nodded as she said, “be careful.” Kaysie nodded as his dark red eyes narrowed. The two then exited the room together; as they did June turned left and Kaysie turned right. It was possible that the two wouldn’t see one another for a long time; it was also possible that they would see one another very soon. Either way June was certain that if she was reunited with Kaysie on the battlefield that she would fight valiantly and prove her worth to her king. She would show him why she deserved him.

As June turned the corner and entered the training area for the Undead Guard she walked towards her assigned platoons’ barracks.

“June!”

June turned to see Wolf, Zero, and Sunset approaching her.

“What’s up guys?” June asked as the three stopped in front of her.

“Kaysie’s named you commanding general over us, looks like being the girlfriend of a king has its perks.” Sunset said with a wink. June smiled a little.

“I guess it does.” She said as she thought; I won’t disappoint you.

“The rest of the troops have already left through their gates.” Zero stated. June nodded.

“Well we’re leading the best of the best; let’s let them know that they can rely on us.” June said firmly as she looked towards her comrades; they all nodded in reply.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

ChristopherMenton said...
Any comment's? I'd really like to know what you guys think about the storyline so far.