Deceptions and Rejuvenation | Teen Ink

Deceptions and Rejuvenation

March 2, 2012
By Zachery Burrows, Marysville, Washington
More by this author
Zachery Burrows, Marysville, Washington
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

was a cold and stormy night; I was walking home from my high school after missing the bus for the umpteenth time. The wind was beating hard on the back of my neck. "Damn, still got about a half hour walk". I walked past an abandoned building and heard wailing noises. "Oh hell no. I seen the movies, I ain't going in there". I kept walking. After about 5 minutes I heard footsteps behind me. I got worried and started walking faster. I soon broke into a full sprint. The footsteps behind me were faster and were gaining on me. I ran past a park and saw my house. All I had to do was make it in a few minutes and I would be safe. I got to my house and locked the door behind me when I got inside. I lay on the couch and next thing I know, I'm passed out.

I woke up and looked at the clock, "S***! I'm late". I ran to my bus stop and got there right as my bus had closed the doors. I banged on the door to get the drivers attention. She rolled her eyes at me and opened the doors. I got on the bus and sat in an empty seat. We got to the last bus stop and picked up 3 more teenagers. Two jerks got on the bus and I rolled my eyes in disgust. The third person got on and I couldn't stop staring. Beautiful brown hair, amazing blue eyes and the most wonderful smile I had ever seen. After a few minutes I finally broke my gaze and tried not to pay attention.

When the bus got to the school I bolted off and went to my first class. Guess who walked in, that same girl. She stood at the front and our teacher spoke, "Class, this is Allison. Can you all say hello". The class sat in silence only a few dared to whistle at her and make rude gestures. "Disgusting pigs", I said to myself. The teacher told her to take a seat in front of me. She turned around and said hello to me. "h-h-hi" I finally stuttered out. "What's your name?" she asked. "U-uh my name is Jay". I choked. She giggled "nice to meet you Jay." My name was Jay Murlock; I was 16 years old, 5 foot 7 with brown hair and hazel eyes. My family always said my eyes were rare because they are true hazel apparently. They told me it's rare to have true hazel eyes, especially coming from a blue and brown eyed family. I was the only male sibling in the family, actually, I was the only sibling. After she finished talking to me she turned around the class continued as normal. The next two periods after that were boring as hell. It was finally lunch time and as usual I sat by myself. I didn't see the girl for the whole lunch hour. Her full name was Allison Marie she was 14 years old, a freshman. After lunch I went to my next period. She was sitting in the row next to my seat. I skipped school for the rest of the day

It was 3:00 so I decided to walk home. On my way I passed that abandoned house. "Eh what's the harm" I said to myself. I walked inside and had a look around. It was a big house and it was kind of nice. I hung around here for 7 hours which felt like 30 minutes. "S*** I gotta get home". I ran towards the door and the floor gave in below me. I feel about 10 feet. "OW….F***" I had broken both my legs and my feet felt like they were shattered.

I looked around me and I was in a solid gold room. The room was empty but there was a door leading into another room. I crawled to the room dragging my shattered legs across the floor. Every move I made, my legs cracked. I winced in pain but I kept going. Blood was rushing out of my leg and onto the floor. My blood was cool and created a small crimson pool on the ground. My vision started getting hazy, but I finally made it into the room.

There was nothing really in here except for a little chest in the middle of the room and it was locked. There was a note attached to it. I quickly made my way over to the chest, my blood forming a trail behind me. I got to the chest and read the note. "To open the golden chest you must look deep inside yourself. There lays the key to a great treasure". I don't know what the hell that meant but I collapsed on the ground, my leg was pulsing. It felt like something was inside my leg jabbing my veins. I pushed every muscle in my body to get myself up. I looked at my leg and I saw something gold. I reached into my shattered bone and pulled out a key.

"How the f***—"I had a flashback to the night before, when I had gotten home. I remember waking up and seeing a dark figure at my feet. He had a knife and was cutting into my leg. "That bastard got into my house". I took the key in hand, and slid it into the lock. I turned the key clockwise and the chest clicked open. Inside was a gold sphere with a bright blue glowing center. I picked it up and gazed at it for what seemed like ages. I lost myself in it. A few moments later it flashed a bright blue light and felt like it burned my retinas. The sphere dissolved into a liquid form and coated my hand. It started to coat my entire body; it felt like I was being covered in grape flavored jelly, my favorite kind of jelly. Pretty soon I couldn't breathe and it became too heavy for me to stand. I collapsed on the floor and my eye lids started to flitter wildly and before I knew it I was unconscious.

I woke up hoping I was in my soft warm bed with silk sheets, but instead I realized I woke up on the cold, hard golden floor. "Damn" I thought to myself. I looked inside the chest that was next to me. I was expecting something to be inside of it, but there was nothing but the rough wooden bottom. I looked around frantically for the blue orb but it was nowhere to be found. Something was different; my leg no longer throbbed with intense pain. I looked at my leg and to my surprise it was all healed up.

I stood up and winced. I guess it wasn't 100% healed. I bent over to look at my leg. I lifted up my pant leg and felt my legs. They were soft and I could feel no broken bones. They were a little bit rough from having leg hair but besides that, my leg felt fine. I felt along the coarseness of the golden brick wall to see if there was a hidden passage. I found nothing. I went to the room I fell into to see if there was anything I missed. I looked up to see if there was anything. I saw the splintered wooden floor where I had fallen. The hole was pretty big.

It was too high for me to try and find a way out so I went back to the room with the chest. I saw something underneath the chest so I went to lift it. It was way too heavy for me to lift but I tried anyway. I heard popping sounds coming from my shoulders, but I eventually managed to lift it up and push it over. The coarse wood had left my hand bloodied and full of splinters. I could see the blood rush out of my palm and slowly drip onto the floor. I winced in pain and stared at my hand to see if I could pull the splinters out.

But as I was about to, I saw something amazing. The splinters were being pushed out of my hand and the cuts had started to heal. The once blood covered hand was so clean, it looked like I had just washed it. There weren't even any scars. I looked at the floor and there was a trap door made of wood with gold encrusted accents with a note on it. I opened it up and read what it said.

"To whom It may concern,

If you have obtained the Orb of Alkernon then listen carefully to what

I have to say. You have acquired an amazing treasure. This trap door

Will lead to the surface and you will end up in an old antique shop.

By now it's probably abandoned, but there is a book in a secret drawer.

The drawer is under the cash register. Open it and obtain the book.

The power you have obtained will allow you to use only the first spell.

This spell will conjure a portal and bring you to my world.

I will talk with you then."

"Ok, now I'm freaking out". I opened the door and dropped down. I had landed in nasty sewer water. I had reeked of dead rats and garbage. I followed the trail. The smell was weakening as I reached a ladder. I climbed up it. It was covered in moss and green goop. I shivered in disgust. I got to the top and opened the door. I climbed out and closed the door. I looked for the cash register. I found it in the next room and looked for the secret compartment. My hand ran across a dusty handle covered in cobwebs. I opened the compartment and grabbed the book. It was heavy and big. It was bound with leather and said "The Secrets of Alkernon" on the cover. I tried to open it but it refused to open. I saw a note folded up in the drawer. I opened it up and it said:

"If you have obtained the Orb, then in order to open the book you have to place your hand on it and imagine the book opening."

I thought to myself that this was ridiculous. I laid my hand on the book and imagined it opening. My hand started emitting a blue aura and the book had slowly started to open itself. On the first page it said

"Warning: if this book is used to do wrong then you will start to change.

Your looks will start to reflect your deeds and you will be sent to The Abyss."

"Wow, don't want that to happen". So I flipped the page and saw the first spell. The pages were old and felt wrinkled. The first spell was titled "The Transport". I read the description. I had to walk up to any mirror and touch it with my hand and say "Alkernon". I found an old mirror and did what it said. After I said Alkernon, the mirror started to glow blue and a spiral pattern appeared in the mirror. It was a combination of royal blue and deep sea green. I stepped through the mirror and was sucked into it. I felt weird, like I was being stuffed into a box. Pretty soon I had disappeared.

I had appeared in a strange looking town. The streets were curved and had loops which I could see weird looking cars drive up and around. The people were a little freaky. Some had more than one appendage, some were missing appendages, and some were even half animal. "I think I'm done here." I turned around to see if there was a mirror but there wasn't, just more streets and more 'people'. I walked around to try and find the person that had wrote those notes I had found. "He said that he would be here waiting for me". I reopened the book and turned to the next page. To my surprise it was blank. "Huh?" I had a flashback to when I got the first note.

"….will allow you to use only the first spell."

Great I had a 'magic' book that was about as big as 10 math textbooks stacked on top of each other and I only have one page unlocked. "This thing is basically dead weight right now". I threw the book into a nearby stream I had found. The stream was a bright blue and looked like it had sparkles in it. The little ripples the wind made looked like little spider webs. After I had thrown the book into the stream, the stream changed to a deep crimson red and started to swirl. "What the hell is going on?" I said, frantically trying to find a place to take cover. But before I could find somewhere to hide, the stream had spat the book back out, hitting me in the back of the head. I fell to my knees as my vision started to blur. I saw the figure of a man appear and start to walk towards me. His aura was neither peaceful nor hostile. He was neutral. A few seconds later I had hit the ground. The sound of my head smacking against the hard cold pavement had echoed in my head. Shortly after my head shot with pain, I was unconscious.

I had awoken in some old fashioned-looking house. "Why does this keep happening to me? This is about the third or fourth time I've been knocked unconscious, what the hell!" I looked around and saw the figure I had seen earlier. He was much clearer now. I demanded he tell me what was going on but he sat still in silence. "HEY! Where the hell is this and who the hell are you?" He still did not budge. I tried to get up but my legs refused to move, they felt dead. I looked at my legs to see what was wrong. But I had no legs. All I saw were stumps wrapped in gauze. "HEY! What the f*** have you done to my legs!" I shouted angrily. I crawled off the couch and quickly squirmed my way over to him. I picked up a piece of metal I had found and was about to jab him in the back of the head. He quickly turned around and knocked the metal out of my hand. It flew back and stuck into the wall.

"Are you going to tell me what the f*** you have done to me? Or are you just going to sit there in silence like a dumbass?" He glared at me. He raised his hand and punched me. I had flown past the couch and flew into the wall.

He walked over to me and started to talk. "Are you going to listen and be patient? Or are you going to keep acting like a dumbass?" My face grew red with frustration. I folded my arms "Fine".

"I have been waiting for someone to find the Orb of Alkernon for decades, that way I could teach that person how to control it and so that they could help fix this world. Although I never imagined that a child would find it and obtain the powers." I turned away in anger. "I amputated your legs because they were slowly dying. Your healing ability was able to fix the broken bones but it was not strong enough to repair the damage to your blood cells or your nerves. But do not worry; I am going to give you new legs. These legs will be forged from Alkertris, a metal that is mined on Alkernon. The metal must then be melted down in the fires of Mount Kernan. The metal will harden and have magical properties. I will then create the legs with the metal. These legs will be tougher than any bone or any metal but is weak to Alkernon metal forged in the same way your legs will be. Although it must be forged by an elder or else it will not bind right and the metal will turn to dust. There are only 4 elders, me being one of them. So for now just sleep, when you awake I will have your legs ready."

I nodded in agreement and as soon as he left I lay on the couch and drifted into a deep sleep. I awoke and looked to see if the elder had returned. But I saw no one, and around me the room started to crack. The floor busted open and lava started to flow through the hole. A golem made of blazing fire had appeared and was looming over me. The heat was too much for me to handle and my skin started to heat up. He lunged at me coating my body in lava. "AHHH!" I sat straight up. I looked at the room and it was fine, I felt my skin and it wasn't burned. I looked up and saw the elder on the floor with his mouth agape.

"Sorry I didn't mean to frighten you." I apologized "Its fine, I just wasn't expecting to get shouted at when I walked through the door" He stood up and wiped the dust off his clothes. He sat on the couch and pulled out the legs. "Alright this is going to hurt immensely" I warned me. I nodded and laid down trying to not pay attention. A few seconds later my leg started to throb and I felt the metal being bound to my legs and connecting with my bones and nerves. It felt like someone was breaking my legs then fixing them and jamming a metal rod into my bones.

12 hours of intense pain went by and it was finally done. "Alright you can go home now, just go to that mirror place your hand on it and picture your room. Your room will then appear in the mirror and then you just walk through". I nodded, walked over to the mirror and placed my hand on it. My room had appeared and I walked through. It felt like I was being shoved in a box again and I had again disappeared.

I flew out of the mirror in my bedroom and crashed onto the floor. Thankfully my floor was carpet and I had clothes and pillows and blankets everywhere so my landing was soft. "I should probably work on my landing" I chuckled to myself. I felt as though something was missing. A hand reached out from my mirror and had the book in his hand as though offering it to me. "Thanks" I snickered. "I don't know what I would do without the help of this". The hand gave me a thumbs up, and then retracted back into the mirror. I looked out the window and it was night time. I looked at the calendar and it was still the same day that I had fallen through the floor. "Whoa, time hasn't moved one bit. Maybe the golden room and Alkernon have a time barrier around them." Anyways, I was tired enough so I got into my warm silk sheet bed, and then fell into a deep sleep once more.

The book had appeared before my eyes and opened itself to me. It showed the first page which contained the mirror gateway spell. It then flipped to the next page which I had already known was going to be blank, but instead it had revealed a full page with the next spell on it. I tried to read what was on the page but the book kept shaking. I reached out to grab the book, but the book disappeared. It then reappeared off to the side of me. I turned towards it and got as close as I could without it disappearing. I could barely make out the title of the spell. After a few seconds my eyes adjusted and I saw the words "Holy Sight". What the heck is holy sight? Before I could read the description the book exploded and little pieces of paper showered me and I had awoke in my bed.

I ran over to my desk and opened the book to the next page. But to my disappointment, it was blank. I tossed the book under my bed, grabbed my backpack and coat, and left for the bus. For once I was actually on time.

When the bus got to the bus stop I got onto the bus, got in my seat, and sat in silence. I hadn't been paying attention after I had sat down, but someone sat next to me. I turned to see who it was and I realized I was face to face with Allison. "duh-uh-uh, h-h-hi" damn why do I have to keep stuttering whenever I see her? "Hi there " she smiled at me. My face grew red and I looked down. Some punk came over to us, "Hey b****, you're supposed to be sitting next to me". My face grew red and hot with anger at what he had just called her. My backpack had gotten heavier but I hadn't thought anything of it. I stood up and pushed him back. "I would advise you not to talk to her like that" I growled at him. "Jay it's ok, I'll just sit with him" he looked at her "That's right b****, now come along". I punched him in the face and he flew to the back at least three seats. Everyone on the bus looked at him and then stared at me. I immediately sat down so I could avoid the attention.

The whole bus ride consisted of me hiding in my seat. Right before we got to the school, Allison turned towards me and asked me why I did that. "I didn't like him calling you that and he was being rude" she nodded her head and got off the bus. I walked off the bus and bolted towards my first period. I tried to avoid people for that day because I didn't like the attention.

I got in my first period and sat down in my desk. Allison came in and took her seat in front of me. I felt as though she was giving me the cold shoulder, and the feeling was making me sick to my stomach. The teacher told us to get out our textbooks, I reached in and without looking, I took out the first book I felt. I laid it down on my desk and it made a thump noise. The whole class looked at me at had a strange look on their face. I was confused, so I looked down to see why they were staring. A feeling of dread came over me as I looked at the book and saw that it was the Alkernon book. I gritted my teeth and mouthed the word "Shhhhit" how much worse can this day get, I thought to myself.

Suddenly, the book emitted a strange blue aura and blasted the entire class with a bright light. Everyone passed out and fell to the floor. I quickly shoved the book back into my backpack and took my textbook out. After 10 seconds, the class woke up and had the most confused look on their face. They quietly got to their seats and sat in silence as they looked at each other quizzically. The rest of the period went as usual.

After class had gotten out, I headed towards my second period. Allison came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. "What's up?" I asked her. She looked at me for a second, "would you like to do something after school? Like go to a movie?" I stared for a minute with a goofy look on my face. "Um, yeah sure". She smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I was in shock for a second and then smiled. She walked off and I went to my second period. I opened my backpack and took out the Alkernon book. "Is this the reason for how I was able to punch him that hard?" I opened the book and turned to page 2. It was still blank. "How did I hit him so hard if this wasn't the reason?" I wondered to myself. I then remembered that the Elder had told me that my legs had magical properties. Maybe my legs increase my strength. For a second I had almost forgotten that I didn't have real legs. I guess they were just that life-like. He was even nice enough to give me new skin for my legs. They feel so real that you couldn't tell the difference.

The classroom phone rang. "Mr. Jessens room. Uh huh. Oh jeez. Ok thank you for the warning". Mr. Jessen hung up the phone and stood before us. "Class, I'm afraid I have grave news. The principal has issued for everyone to evacuate the building. Buses are here to take you home. We have an intruder on campus and it's too dangerous to initiate a lockdown." Everyone ran out of the building and to the buses. I heard a gunshot and one of the students fell down dead. I started to scream on the inside and ran faster. I heard a gunshot and a ping. I saw my bus and tried to run even faster so that I wouldn't end up dead. My legs started to heat up and gave out. I fell to the ground, my head smacking against the concrete. Oh jeez not again. My head started to spin and I saw the figure of a man walk over to my body with a gun in his hand. He took a megaphone out of his backpack and turned it on. It made a high pitched whine and crackle. "Ok, I want everyone to listen up. I now have who I came here for. So if everyone could go back into the building, I won't shoot anyone". I could barely see the blur of a giant crowd rushing back into the building. I could hear Allison shouting my name. The shooter aimed his gun at her and barked at her to get inside. She ran away and everything faded to black.

I awoke in a laboratory-like room. I tried to get up but my arms were locked in place with metal cuffs. I tried to break free of the cuffs on my legs but my legs wouldn't budge. Just what in the hell is going on here? And who was that creep at my school. As I was struggling, a man walked through the door. He walked over to me and gave me a creepy grin. "Hello there. Are you comfortable?" I ignored him. He started to walk in circles. "You have the Orb of Alkernon don't you? May I see it?" he asked, extending his hand and flashed me a smile. His face was old and wrinkly. He had a lazy eye and nasty yellow teeth. "I think you need to brush your teeth a little more and get some moisturizing cream for that nasty face of yours" I laughed. He grew angry but managed to keep his temper in check. I could see his veins bulging out, but in a matter of seconds his face was relaxed.

He walked over to the bench that was next to me and started to fiddle with something. While he was busy, I tried to focus on what was on the bench. Suddenly my vision turned grey and I could see little wisps floating around. I closed my eyes and reopened them, my vision was unchanged. "Ok this is a little creepy". I thought to myself. I looked around the room and I saw a person hiding in the corner. There was no one there just a second ago. "Hey, you" I silently shouted. The man turned around. "Who are you talking to?" he asked. "Im talking to myself you creep, just go back to playing with your toys" I teased him. He picked up a ray gun-type thing and walked over to me. "I looked over to the corner and the person was standing next to me. He put his mouth to my ear and whispered something. "I will help you get out of here, but you have to do something for me. Find my soul; he has it trapped in a secret case. I will get rid of the drugs in your system that prevents your legs from moving, good luck". He disappeared, and a few seconds later, I could feel my legs again.

I ripped my arms out of the cuffs and punched the man in the face. He fell to his knees and was unconscious. I broke the cuffs that were holding my legs, and I started searching frantically for the case. Half an hour later, I found a secret compartment that was hidden in the floorboards. I opened it and took the case out. The case was black with a crimson red lining. I could find no locks on the case so I tried to open it, but it refused to open.

I placed my hand on the case and my hand started to turn a reddish color. After a few moments, my hand started to hurt and the aura around my hand started to emit a powerful black aura, with a red aura dripping off of my hand. It started to freak me out so I tried to take my hand off of the case, but my hand was stuck to it. After awhile, the man woke up. "NO! What are you doing?" He ran towards me but the aura had traveled up my hand and now covered my body, creating a type of barrier. As soon as he got near me, he was blown backwards and knocked unconscious. A whirlwind had formed around me, creating a vacuum, sucking in everything around me. But instead of objects being sucked it, it was energy. It was scary how much it was attracting. Just when the process was about to finish, I managed to rip my hand free, and I was blown backwards.

The person walked over to my dazed body. "It's too late; you have already sucked in too much black energy. The process may not have finished, which I will admit is a disappointment, but you are still infected". He started to laugh as he faded away. Not long after, I had started to pass out. "No, not this time". I got to my feet and started to walk towards the exit. My feet were wobbly and my vision was fuzzy. But I was determined to make it out of here and get home.

I exited the building and tried to focus on what was around me. It was too much for me though. "I gotta find a mirror". I struggled to keep on walking. I was not going to pass out down in that cellar, and I sure as hell aint going to pass out on the sidewalk. I had found a grocery store and walked in. I found the nearest employee and asked him where the bathroom is. He pointed at the back of the store and I thanked him and walked off. I knew he was watching me so I hurried to the bathroom and locked the door. I walked over to the bathroom mirror and placed my hand on it. I pictured my bedroom and saw it in the mirror. I climbed on the sink and started to climb through the mirror as if it were a window. I got halfway through the mirror, and then I passed out and fell into my bedroom. The picture of the bathroom faded from the mirror, and all was back to normal. Well, as normal as it can get.

I regained consciousness in the middle of the night. I sat up and lifted my leg onto my lap. I examined my leg to see if there was any damage. Most of all, I was curious as to how the man was able to insert drugs into my leg. I felt my leg as I examined it and found that there was an area of fake flesh missing from my leg, and in the center there was a tiny hole. I gasped "That's what the ping was, back at the school". I went over to my mirror and placed my hand on it. I pictured Alkernon and as it appeared in the mirror I saw something strange. The picture of Alkernon was distorted and giving off a weird red aura. I started to freak out so I took my hand off the mirror and jumped back in bed.

I tried to heal my leg using my rejuvenation ability, but it would not heal. I went over to my backpack and took out the Book of Alkernon. I opened to the second page and saw that it was full. The title was "Holy Sight". Yeah, now it decides to show up. I thought to myself begrudgingly. I saw a picture below it and it had two halves. One half had a man standing in an empty room. The second half had the same man, but the man's eyes were glowing and all around him were spirits. Below the picture read:

"Holy Sight gives you the ability to see things that other people cannot.

You are able to see the spirits of the world and hidden treasures."

This book just keeps on getting weirder. I flipped to the next page and as I expected, it was blank. I placed my hand on the page to see if I could force the next ability to surface. The book started to glow every color in the rainbow and I could see words start to appear. The colors subsided and the words were visible for a few seconds. They read:

"For trying to cheat, you will be summoned to Alkernon for your discipline."

Oh that is just great. My mirror started to glow blue and a person jumped out of the mirror. He turned towards me and I saw that it was the Elder. "What the hell were you thinking boy?" do you know that for pulling a stunt like that, the other Elders of Alkernon want to rip the Orb out of you and leave you on the side of the road?" I looked down in shame. My hand was dripping a red aura.

The Elder took notice and asked to see my hand. I gave him my hand and he examined it. "Oh dear, I am sorry to say this, but the Orb has been tainted by black energy. That puts the Book of Alkernon all out of whack. The book will be giving you dark abilities from now on. We must hurry up and fix the Orb before anything bad happens. If I can fix it, then the book will be fixed.

He kneeled before me and held his hand in front of me. His hand started to glow a bright blue which resonated a white light. He then jabbed his hand into my chest. I felt intense pain and fell to my knees. It felt like he was rearranging my insides and tying them in a knot. My eyes started to water and my nose was bleeding. My ears started repeatedly popping. The longer this took, the more intense the pain got. Finally he ripped his hand out of my chest and I collapsed to the ground. My eyes went to the back of my head and my body started to blast a red and blue aura. It felt like both world wars were going on inside my body. I couldn't breathe and it did not seem like this was going to end anytime soon. I blacked out awoke on my bed. I sat up and saw black and blue lights blasting at the foot of my bed on the floor. I crawled over to the side of my bed and I saw my body. Next to my body was the Elder.

He was sitting by watching, waiting for it to end. I ran over to the mirror, but I saw no reflection. I looked down at my body and I realized I was a spirit. I ran over to the Elder and tried to get his attention. But nothing worked. I sat on the floor, and all I could do was watch. After what felt like hours, there was no change, a war was still ensuing inside my body. So I got up and tried seeing if I was able to warp like the person I saw in the lab. I felt myself slowly start to fade, but an electrical surge went through my body and I was pulled to my body. I was put on the ground and a connection started to establish between me and my body. I started to feel a strong pain in my chest like it was burning, and my head felt like it was being split in half. The elder got impatient and picked up my body and warped out of my room. Shortly after they left, I was yanked with them and appeared at the hospital.

As they were moving, the connection between me and my body dragged me with. The Elder screamed for a nurse. A nurse appeared with a stretcher and was freaking out at the sight of my distorted face. I was rushed into an operating room and lifted onto a table. As I looked around, I saw that this was not a normal hospital. In fact, now that I think about it, all the nurses here had big ears and one eye. Oh jeez, were in Alkernon. Great, if something bad happens they will take the Orb from me.

I refused to let that happen. I tried to return to my body, but right as I did, the nurse shoved a huge needle into my chest and a rush of pain shot into me. I fell to the floor and couldn't move. I struggled to get up. I found a mirror and placed my hand on it. I pictured my room and forced myself through. As I was halfway through, I felt something weird happen in my chest. There was pressure on my chest and I fell into my room. I looked up and for some weird reason, the fall hurt. I looked in the mirror and I could see myself. I feeling of relief came over me as I sat on the floor. I saw a weird light on the side of my bed and went over to see what it was. I saw the Book of Alkernon and it was glowing blue and red. It separated into two books. One had a blue aura and one had a black and red aura. The black and red book disappeared and the blue one stayed behind.

A few moments later the Elder came through my mirror with a frightened look on his face. "There are two of you". I was confused so I asked him what he meant. "The book and the orb have been split in two. There is now a red book and orb and a blue book and orb. Tell me exactly what happened to you this morning and I don't want any lies." He demanded me.

"Nothing happened, just leave me alone." I pushed him back through the mirror and sealed off the entrance. I placed my hand on the mirror and placed a lock on it. I walked over to my bed and lay down. I feel myself dozing off as the world around me fades to black.

On the other side of the mirror, the Elder was busy lugging my second body into a containment facility so that it could not escape. The elder lay my body down and shoved his hand into the stomach to see what was inside. He felt something and pulled it out. His mouth went agape as he stared at an orange and red orb. He locked the body in the facility containment room and went through a mirror into the human world. He found the abandoned house and went inside.

He looked down at the floor where I had fallen. "Jeez, does that kid have to screw everything up?" he jumped down the hole and went into the chest room. He placed the orb inside the chest and locked it. He then jumped out of the hole and exited the house. When he was on his way back to the mirror portal, he spotted a page. He went over to the page and picked it up. It was blank but in his hand, it started to reveal itself. It was a page to the red book.

He quickly went through the mirror and went to the Elders court. He kneeled and started to speak. "Elders, I have found a page to the red book. I believe that if we follow the pages, it will lead us to the book". The Elders nodded and motioned someone from behind the wall. He turned towards the Elder and the Elder spoke. "I want you to get your dogs and hunt down all the pages. We need to find this book and destroy it. Elder Royn (That was the name of my Elder), any information you collect is to be reported to us." Royn nodded his head and got up and walked out.

Meanwhile, back at the containment facility, the body started to twitch. Life came to his eyes and he got up. After looking around for awhile he lifted up his hand and concentrated. Back on my side, I woke up after hearing a click noise. I got up and ran to where the noise came from. I looked at the abandoned house and ran inside. I jumped down the hole and saw the chest was opening. I walked over to it and saw that there was a second Orb. The outside of the Orb had a bright blood orange color. And as it got towards the middle, it changed to a crimson red color. The Orb was enchanting, and I couldn't resist picking it up. As I picked it up, my hands became glued to it. The Orb flew into the air and disappeared, taking me with it. I reappeared inside of the containment facility. I saw my double and it scared me how much he looked like me. He looked at me and reached out his hand. The Orb had filled me with greed, so I held it close to myself. I concentrated all my energy into the Orb and merged my body with it. It started to turn into a liquid form and coated my body. Much like when I picked up the original Orb. A burst of light came from me, and I fell to the floor.

My hair had changed to a crimson red and black color instead of its original blonde. My eyes shone with a blood orange color instead of true hazel. There were dark rings around my eyes and my face had a dark look to it. I stood up and looked at my double. He had become lifeless once again and fell to the floor. I felt, amazing, like I could do anything. But how will I learn new abilities without the book? I wondered to myself. I saw the picture of a page appear in my head and read what was on it. "Instantaneous transportation" it read. "This ability will allow you to teleport to whichever destination you like, as long as you know exactly what it looks like." I pictured my room and not even half a second later, I was in my bed. I lie down in my bed and fell asleep once more.

Royn went over to the containment facility to check on my other body. He was shocked when he saw that it was in a different position then when he left it. He felt the ground to see if anything had happened here. He saw, not even a foot away, a black scorched area on the ground. He looked up and saw a faint red and black outline of a mirror. He went over to it to try and go through the mirror. But when he tried to make the last image it held reappear, it sent a surge of black energy through his body, blowing him backwards and paralyzing his whole body. Royn lay there in silence as he suffered not being able to move. As Royn lay there, he saw the world before him start to dissipate as he disappeared from reality.

He ended up in a world between the human world and the world of Alkernon. It was nothing but a white empty room. It was very quiet and there was nothing in the room but him. This was half true and half false. When sent to this world, everything is separated into different rooms. So while he may have been alone in the room, he was surrounded by billions of other rooms. He was finally able to move and stood up. He looked around and saw the faint mirror again.

A voice came from above like an announcement. "Welcome to the White Void. You will be closely watched from every direction to ensure that you do not try anything to disrupt our quiet life. Every day you will be let out of your room to work in the mine. Afterwards, you will go back to your rooms and wait until you have a new objective. Make yourself comfortable, you are going to be in here for a long time stranger". The voice laughed and then was gone. Royn fell to the ground and passed out.

I woke up the next morning and just stared at the ceiling for a few minutes. I then looked over at the clock and saw that it was 6:35. "S***! The bus will be here in 3 minutes. I have to hurry". I got up and pick up my stuff and was about to run out the door when I remembered, I can just warp to school. I do not need to take the bus. So I went back inside and slept for about another half an hour. When I woke up I got my clothes together and went into my bathroom. I set my clothes down on my porcelain sink counter. I opened the towel cabinet that was in my bathroom and pulled out a towel. I then laid the soft towel on top of my clothes. I slipped my clothes off and tossed them into the dirty clothes hamper and as I opened the door that led into my shower, a vision of Royn popped into my head. I ignored it and stepped into my shower.

The steamy warmth of the water felt very calming. I thought to myself, I could stay in here forever. Although that would run the water bill up to an immense amount and then I would be in big trouble. I grabbed the shampoo bottle and squeezed shampoo into my hand. I rubbed the shampoo between my hands and ran my hands through my long black and red hair. I scrubbed the shampoo into my head so that it would get clean. I do not want to get dandruff. Afterwards, I rinsed my hair and repeated the same with my conditioner. I grabbed a bar of soap and started to lather my body with it. As I washed my body, soap and water dripped down my abs and created pools of soapy water on the bottom of the shower. Once I was clean, I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. I grabbed my towel and began to dry myself off. I first started with drying my arms, I never realized how big my arms were, and after that I dried my face and hair. Next I dried off my back and stomach. The towel crinkled as I grazed across my abs and my defined six pack. I dried off my left leg and then my right, as I removed the towel from my right leg, I saw that my fake skin was starting to peel. S***, without this skin I am not going to be able to hide my mechanical leg. As I examined my leg, I could see that a black aura was omitting from my leg. I tried to ignore it as I got dressed and hung the towel from the shower.

I walked over to my mirror. I placed my hand on the mirror and pictured the bathroom at my school. I closed my eyes as I did this and I heard a portal open up. I opened my eyes, but the mirror was still the same. I saw my reflection but now there was a red and black veil behind me. I turned around to see it. I could feel the evil energy drip off the veil. I placed my hand on it and it sucked me in. I landed on the bathroom floor and hit my arm on the automated dryer. The stupid warp dropped me in mid-air. I saw the veil in the air and watched as it dissipated. I got up and brushed myself off. I walked out of the bathroom and headed towards my class.

As I walked in, the whole class stared at me with the strangest face I have ever seen them make. I made my way to my seat, ignoring the stares. I tried to play it cool, putting my hands in my pockets and keeping my face relaxed like nothing was wrong. When I walked past Allison she looked at me. I sat down in my seat and stared at the white board. From what I saw on the board, he was in the middle of explaining quantum theory. The teacher stared at me, and then went back to talking about the quantum theory. Allison turned around and looked at me. "Where have you been? You have been missing school a lot lately. You have missed 4 school days. What has been going on?" I stared at her and told her that I have not felt like coming to school lately. I came up with some lame excuse and told her it was a personal problem that I did not want to talk about. She nodded her head and turned back around. I asked her if she wanted to hang out after school today. She turned back around and asked me where I wanted to go. I told her that we could hang at my house. She agreed and turned back around. The bell rung and everybody vacated the classroom.

I walked down the hall, making my way to my second period. I walked into the room and sat down at my desk. I really do not feel like being at school today. I sat straight up and put my hands together and tried to see if I was able to create a doppelganger of me. I focused all my energy and my whole body started to emit a black aura with a tint of red dripping off. Finally, a second me appeared and fell on the floor, I helped him up and told him to do all my school work for me and attend school for me. He nodded and I gave him my schedule and a map of the school. "If anyone notices you have been acting, well, not like me, just tell them that you are having an off day". He nodded and I opened the window and jumped out. Thank God I was the first person in class. I looked through the window and saw people starting to pour into the classroom. That was close. I sat in the bushes and played around with my aura for the whole day.

The ending bell rang and I recalled my doppelganger. He dissipated and turned back into aura form, and then returned to my body. I ran out front and saw Allison. I went over to her and she smiled," Hey Allison, you ready to come over?" I asked her. "Yes ". I smiled back at her and we headed towards my house. We got on the bus and sat down. While we were on the bus, we started to get to know each other better. Her favorite color is blue and she loves Taylor Swift. Her favorite animal is a penguin and she wants to become a chef and own her own restaurant. I also found out that she also loves MCR (My Chemical Romance). She was a perfect match for me. All those things were, for the most part, the same for me. Except for Taylor Swift, I mean she is a good singer and all, but there are other bands that I like a lot more. One of them is Escape The Fate. We finally got to the bus stop and walked to my house.

When we had gotten to my house, no one was home. We set our backpacks on the couch and took our shoes off. We sat on the couch and turned the TV on. As we sat there in silence watching TV, I looked over at her. She was paying too much attention to the TV to notice I was staring at her. Things were like this for a few hours. We finally got bored and turned the TV off. Allison yawned and started to doze off. "If you want, you can take a nap" I told her. She looked over at me and smiled. Afterwards she yawned and passed out.

I sat there in silence watching her sleep. She looked so beautiful and I just wanted to lie down beside her and hold her. I was about to lay down, when I heard a thump upstairs. I quietly ran upstairs, so as not to wake Allison up. I listened for the thump again. I waited for 5 minutes; all I heard was the rustling of my own feet. When I hadn't heard anything, I headed back downstairs.

As I was turning around, I heard a crash and ran towards my room. When I walked in, my bedroom was trashed and there was a black aura surrounding my mirror. I ran over to it and looked into it. I black face shot out and scared me half to death. I shoved it back into the mirror. I thought I locked this damn thing. I set the mirror down on the ground and stood back. I aimed my hand at the mirror and commanded it to be sealed. After a matter of seconds, chains shot up from the mirror and wrapped around it. The dark face disappeared from the mirror and the black aura subsided. I fell to my knees, I was exhausted. I looked around my room and everything kept spinning, I stood up and tried to focus on the red book. It appeared in my head, along with a new spell. I could read the description very well but I read the title and recited it.

A few seconds later, I got a huge pain in my chest and collapsed to the floor. This time I could not get back on my feet. The pain was unbearable, every second that passed was worse than the second before. I felt like someone stabbed me in the chest with a knife and was swirling it around in my chest. Eventually, my chest burst open and I blacked out.

I couldn't see anything; it was like I was in a black void. I couldn't speak, couldn't hear anything, I couldn't even feel anything. My heartbeat was gone and my skin was cold. I tried to get up but I was stuck in place. A few minutes later, my chest started to burn I could see little red wisps rising out of my chest and faintly disappear. I decided that I was going to force myself to stand no matter what. My body trembled and twitched; I lifted my arms and planted my hands on the ground. I pushed up and got to my feet. It burned like hell but I made it. When I had gotten to my feet and stood up, I saw a mirror and struggled to run over to it. When I looked through it, I saw me lying on the ground with my ribcage busted open. What the hell did I do, I tried to make the red book reappear in my head. I saw the spell I cast earlier. It read:

"Cage Buster"

"This will give you the ability to make your enemies rib cage burst open.

Caution: If no one else is around you will get hit with recoil"

That's just great, I killed myself. I tried to climb through the mirror, but it wouldn't let me. I jabbed my hand into the mirror and my hand made it through. I jabbed my other hand through and grabbed the sides of the mirror. I forcibly pulled myself through the mirror but the mirror refused to let me through. I bashed my head through to see what was going wrong. My head made it through and ran into a stream of really thick chains. S*** that's right, I locked my mirror.

I stepped back and raised my hand to the mirror. I cleared my mind and imagined the chains shatter. My hand reverberated and a pulse shot from my hand. I heard the chains shatter and I jumped through. When I made it back to my room I jumped into my body, but it shot me back. Ok, this is really starting to PISS ME OFF. I'm tired of this crap happening to me. I jumped and did a body slam into my body and I jumped upright. I looked down at myself to see that I had my body back, along with busted ribs. I pushed them back into my body and they made a crunch and snap noise. I let my rejuvenation ability fix the rest. I stood up and ran downstairs, Allison was gone. Great, my only chance and I screwed myself; this just keeps getting better and better.

The next morning I was extremely tired. I was up all night trying to figure out why Allison had left. Did she see my dead body? Or did she leave when she saw I was not with her when she woke up? Either way, Allison was gone and I will probably never get another chance to get her alone with me, much less come over to my house again. I looked over at my alarm clock, there was 5 minutes before the bus would arrive at my house. I decided that I did not want to go to school today. I fell back asleep in the silence of my room. I jolted awake when I heard my phone go off loudly. I opened my phone and found a text. It was from Allison! "Hey Jay, sorry that I left without saying anything, you were not downstairs when I woke up so I assumed you fell asleep upstairs." I hesitated to respond to her. After 5 minutes I decided that it would be rude to just ignore her. "Hey Allison, it is ok, you don't need to apologize. Do you want to hang out?" while I waited for her response I went downstairs to get something to eat.

I opened the fridge to find that it was empty. Great, mom hasn't gone shopping yet. Mom has been working late for the past week, and I haven't heard a word from dad since the divorce. I walked back upstairs to see if I had a text from Allison. I opened my phone; I had two texts from her. I opened the first one, "Sorry Jay I can't, I am already hanging out with someone else." I opened the second text, "Sorry :/ I hope ur not mad" I clicked the respond button. "Who are you hanging out with?" I hit send and tossed the phone onto my bed. It made a thud noise as it hit my bed. I need to get a new bed; this one is worn out and feels like I am sleeping on bricks. My phone buzzed, I opened it and clicked on the text. My face grew hot with anger as I read it. "This new kid at school, his name is Zach Burrows. He just started going to this school today, he is nice." I threw my phone at the wall and it smashed into pieces.

I walked over to my mirror and focused on it. "Show me Zach Burrows!" I growled at it. A picture of Zach appeared in the mirror. He had medium length brown hair, his skin was a little pale and he had true hazel eyes. I guess my eyes aren't so special and rare. He was wearing an Escape the Fate shirt and had blue jeans. I jumped through the mirror and appeared behind him.

I looked around and found a bush. I jumped into it and watched him. I saw him walk up someone's porch. He knocked on the door and Allison walked out. He smiled at her and said she looked beautiful. She giggled and they walked off to the park that was across from her house. I followed them and hid in a tree. They walked towards a set of swings. I was about to follow them when I heard something behind me. I turned around and saw Elder Royn. He glared at me as he grabbed me and dragged me through the mirror.

I shot him with an energy bolt but he caught it and it dissipated in his hand. I was drug through the mirror and ended up in my room. He removed his hood and growled at me. "Do you know where I have been Jay?" I looked up at him with a confused look. "Uh, no?" he glared at me and resumed talking, "I have been in the White Void for 50 years." I started to laugh, thinking he was pulling my leg "Dude, it has only been a few days since I last saw you." He punched me for laughing at him, "Shut up, in the White Void an hour is a few seconds in your world. A few hours in this world is a year in the White Void." I stood up and wiped the blood from my mouth. My hands started emitting a black and red aura, the red dripping from my hands like blood. I punched him in the face with one hand, and punched him in the stomach with my other hand. After that I kicked him into the mirror. I laid my hands on the mirror and sealed it again, this time I placed a seal on it that only allows me to travel through it.

Damnit, that ass has gotten in my way, after all my work; he just comes in and takes her just like that? I lie down on my bed and go back to sleep. I woke up and it was nighttime. I just laid there and stared at the ceiling for hours, thinking about what I was going to do next. Morning came before I knew it, so I got up and got all my stuff ready. I walked over to my mirror and walked through it.

I ended up in the bathroom next to my first period. I walked into class and sat down in my seat, I saw Allison walk through the door with Zach, hand in hand. When I saw them walk through the door together my insides started to hurt and my heart felt like it was being shredded. They sat down in the two seats in front of me and listened to the teacher. Not only did I have to watch him take her, I had to suffer sitting right behind the both of them. The whole period I had to keep my tears back and hide my face in my arms. I was hurting inside and I had lost her to that pretty boy Zach.

I heard the bell ring and everyone evacuated from the class, I followed behind shortly after. I walked through the hallway with my head down and headed to my next class. When I walked in I saw Zach sitting in the seat behind me. I walked over to my desk and paid attention to what was in front of me. I felt someone tap the back of my shoulder. I turned around and Zach was smiling at me. "Hey what's up I'm Zach" I just stared at him "I know who you are" I said monotonically and turned around. "Do you have a problem with me?" he asked quizzically. I turned around "Yes I do, you stole Allison from me, I was just about to ask her out and you took her right out from beneath me" I growled at him. I snapped at me "Hey listen dumbass, I didn't even know you fucking existed so don't b**** at me for s*** I didn't even know about. You weren't at fucking school the day I got here and she looked sad, so I went over to her to see if she was ok. It was your damn fault she was upset. When she woke up you weren't anywhere to be found and she had to walk home alone while guys who walked by whistled at her and tried to grab her. Maybe you should think about someone else besides your own damn self." I turned around and shot a little plasma bolt at him. He flicked it back at me and blasted me forward with just his aura. He glared at me, "You didn't think you were the only special one did you?" He froze time and picked me up. He teleported us to the containment facility and dropped me in the tank. "You little bastard, let me out of here!" I screamed at him. He smiled and said no. "Oh and you can thank yourself for bringing me to life, after all, I'm your other half." He laughed and disappeared. What did he mean by-wait, other half? I had a flashback to when I came here with the red orb. He was the dead body! I started banging on the wall and little holes opened up. Gas was shot into the room and made me dizzy. I fell to my knees and started coughing. A few seconds later i passed out

I appeared in my room and walked over to Allison's house. I knocked on the door and she answered "Hey Zach! Where were you today? You were gone the rest of the school day?" I cursed under my breath. The damn time seal broke. "Uh, I had to go home and take care of some personal business." She nodded her head and we walked to the park. I held her hand and she looked up at me and smiled. We went over to the swings and talked for hours. The sun went down and we walked back over to her house. "Do you mind if I come in?" I asked her. She blushed and said that it was ok.

We walked into her house and went up to her room. She sat on the big couch at the other end of the room; I sat down next to her. She looked into my eyes and kissed me. Her lips were tender and her kiss was soft. For some reason I could not stop thinking about what I did to Jay. I felt almost guilty and wanted to go release him. But I knew that if I did he would mess up my plans. I went deeper into her kiss and pick her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist as I walked over to her bed and lay her down. I got on top of her and kept kissing her. She was just about to take her shirt off when the door opened and closed downstairs. She froze and put her shirt back on. I got up and told her to stay here as I walked out the door. She whimpered and curled into a ball as I left the room. I looked down the stairs and saw a shadow skid across the wall. I tip toed downstairs and looked around the corner. There was a person standing in the middle of the living room. Its eyes opened and they shone red. I walked into the living room and stood across from it. I raised my hand to it and warped it to the Nether. The Nether is a banishment realm created by the Elders. It was created for the purpose of trapping the most dangerous criminals that would pose a threat if thrown into Alkernon Prison. The Nether is located in a dimension parallel to ours. The parallel dimension used to be a reflection of ours, until the Elders assigned a Nether boss to the sector. Ever since then, the Nether Lord has completely destroyed the dimension, making it the new Nether. After the Elders heard wind of this, they cast a seal on the Nether to trap the Nether Lord in that dimension. The Elders then created a spell that could transport others to the Nether on certain conditions. The spell will not let you banish someone to the Nether unless they have killed someone or unless they have threatened the Elder Counsel.

After it was banished I walked back upstairs to see if Allison was alright. She was asleep on her bed, so I kissed her forehead goodnight and teleported home. When I walked through the door, a beer bottle flew past my head. My drunken dad was standing at the end of the hall with a six pack of beer in his hand. He looked at me then charged at me. Oh great not this again. Right before he got to me I cast time seal. I looked around the house and found a concrete slab. I placed it where I was standing, and stood behind him before releasing the seal. Time resumed and he ran into the slab. He broke his nose and all his beer fell. I cast time seal again and walked up to my room.

I released the seal once more and cast a binding seal on my door so he couldn't break through. I could hear banging on my door and it started to rattle. I heard the doorbell ring and he went downstairs to check it. He opened the door and I heard Allison ask for me. I heard her scream. S***! I busted open my door and cast time seal as I sprinted downstairs. When I got down to the hallway I saw my dad at the door with a beer bottle in his hand, why did she scream? Maybe the sight of my dad freaked her out haha. I walked over to the door and released the time seal. "Allison you should probably head home, being around my dad is not safe." She nodded her head and walked to her house. I turned towards my dad and flicked his eye. I walk away before he had time to react. I walked upstairs and into my room, I closed the door and laid in bed. i let my sleep overtake me and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up and everything was hazy. I got to my feet and my vision started to come back. What the hell happened to me? Oh that's right, that psychopath Zach locked me in here. I walked over to the wall and punched it, doesn't seem like there is any way out of here. I sat in the middle of the room and closed my eyes. All that's left to do now is practice my abilities and get stronger. Only one of us will be standing, I plan on that being me.

3 Years Later

I woke up with the ceiling light blasting me in the face, blinding me for a minute. I sat up and looked around; nothing different happens it's the same thing every day. I wake up, do a little training, conjure up something to eat, and then go to bed. I wish the room was a little bigger; being in here for so long is giving me a sense of claustrophobia. I hope that I get used to it soon.

I got to my feet and fell right back down. My body feels like mush and my legs needs to be redone. Parts are falling out and it feels like my legs are ready to fall off. I tried to summon a portal for the 20th time but again it just dissipated. Damn, my magic won't go beyond this tank. I forced myself to stand; my legs were making the most awful scraping metal sound. I slowly walked over to one of the walls and studied the metal. Great its reinforced Alkonian metal, I'll never break free of this hell hole.

I walked to the middle of the room and sat down with my legs crossed. I focused and was lifted into the air. This is getting easier every day, if only I could repair my legs, all I can do is reinforce them with an enchantment. I closed my eyes and opened my mind. My abilities took the form of a wisp and appeared before me. I got back on my feet and changed the wisp into a target. I stood back and practiced taking shots at it with a plasma bolt. The bolt whistled through the air and struck the bottom of the target. Damnit, I've been practicing this stupid move for months now and I still can't hit the middle. I kicked the target and it flew through the air, disappearing before it hit the wall. I summoned another target and I fell to my knees, my legs hitting the floor and rattling; I sat with my legs in front of me and glided my hands across both of my legs. A blue light emanated from my hands and coated my legs.

I stood up and my legs were doing fine. I created a plasma bolt and held it in my hands. I concentrated on it and tried to make it bigger. It started to grow, but moments later it shorted out and died.

I tried it again and put more concentration into it. The blue sphere grew double in size and intensity. I aimed at the target and shot it. The bolt whistled through the air and blasted a hole right through the middle of the target. I was ecstatic that I could finally hit the middle with a decent enough plasma bolt. "I wonder if I can make a negative bolt." I wondered out loud. I created a plasma bolt in my hand. As I tried to charge it negatively, it hummed and began to turn red. But I noticed that it was sucking the blood out of my veins and adding it to the bolt, making it heavier. I could feel the energy from the negative bolt blasting me in the face; it felt like warm air from a fan was whipping me in the face. It felt like it was consuming my hand. Maybe I can stabilize it if I create a positive bolt with the same density and fire it.

In my opposite hand I created a positively charged plasma bolt. If I add blood then it'll just be one step closer to being a negative bolt. So, maybe if I substitute it for water in my body. I focused the water in my body and it started to be absorbed by the bolt. After a while, the bolt was the same density but not the same size. So I made the bolt grow twice its size and bring the two plasmas closer to each other until they fused. The warm air suddenly became hot and the wind was now violent, slashing my face with strips of hot air until finally, it shot from my hand. It completely destroyed the target and blasted a hole in the side of the containment box. I stood in astonishment; I could not believe I created something that powerful. At least I knew that the 3 years of training didn't go to waste. I ran outside of the facility and looked around.

As I looked around I saw ruin everywhere. Buildings were crumbled; roads and streets were completely destroyed. Worst of all, I saw the dead bodies that decorated the destruction. Their faces, distorted and horrific, were glued into my brain shocking me to my very core. I summoned a portal to my world and stepped through. I appeared downtown, the place was deserted. I ran to my school, hoping I would find people there. But when I arrived, it was as empty as Alkernon. I wandered the streets, hoping I would come across someone and find out what happened here. But as I started walking I started to feel weak, my body was trembling and I fell to the ground. I saw the world around me become hazy and fade to black.

When I awoke, I saw Elder Royn above me, healing my leg. He looked over at me, I expected him to be angry, but his face was not one of anger, but of concern and worry. "You have put your body through quite the strain. I saw what you did at the facility; I never imagined that you had that much power inside you. You may be able to defeat the threat that destroyed Alkernon." He finished up with my leg and told me to stand up. When I stood up, my legs felt brand new. I looked at him quizzically, "What…what happened to Alkernon?" Royn looked down and sighed. "The Nether Boss broke through the seal that we placed to seal him in the Nether. Now, he was not able to escape the Nether but he was able to release his demons and most of the criminals we sent there. Oh that's right, you don't know what the Nether is. Here I will implant your brain with the necessary knowledge." He placed his hand on my head and a surge went through my brain. Images flashed through my head as I saw the history of the last 100 years. Afterwards, I saw images and heard voices from the last few years that I was stuck inside the box.

A look of dread decorated his face as he hung his head. For whatever reason, I felt responsible for this, and I am going to fix it. "How do I replace the seal that is on the Nether?" I asked. He looked at me and laughed "in your condition? You wouldn't even be able to touch the Nether. You know nothing of it and your magic is not strong enough yet." I looked at him sternly, "I do not care, tell me how." He looked at me and snickered, "Alright I'll tell you how, it will not serve much use to you right now but I will tell you. You have to learn the Seal of Everlasting Containment. The skill level is very high and takes years to master. If you are that bent on learning it then so be it. I will not stop you." I smiled and shook his hand, "I am off to Alkernon to train." I said goodbye and I teleported to Alkernon, leaving Royn all by himself. He laughed to himself and said, "I just hope this kids tenacity doesn't get him killed."

I appeared at the containment facility in Alkernon. I looked around and as I saw the destruction around me, I saw images flash through my head. Colors flashed and I saw people. I started to get a terrible headache and fell to the ground. Before I knew it, it all went away and I was able to stand up. But when I looked around, Alkernon was in perfect condition.

Everywhere I looked I saw brand new buildings and streets, the people looked so happy. I saw a path laid out before me. I followed it, and as I followed I saw images of people flying by me. Everywhere around me I saw little floating wisps and I could hear the echoes of people talking. The path led me into a room.

I saw a lady and a man that I did not know, and as I got closer I saw that they were leaning over a baby. I listened to what they were saying, "Isn't he beautiful Jayden? He looks so perfect" the lady said. Then the man spoke, "Your right Lilith, he looks absolutely beautiful, I couldn't have asked for anything better." Lilith cradled the little baby and spoke again. "Jayden dear, what should we name him?" Jayden thought for a minute then spoke, "How about we name him after your father?" Lilith laughed, "Maurice? You have got to be kidding me, how about we name him after you? Jay Murlock, I like that." Jayden and Lilith smiled at each other. Jayden agreed, "Alright, well we should get little Jay in bed." Jayden and Lilith put the baby in bed, and I watched as they went to their room.

So many thoughts were going through my head. What the hell is going on, are they my parents, what is this place? The questions just kept on piling in my head until I was ready to explode. If they are my parents, then how come I ended up on earth? And where did they disappear to?

Another path appeared before me and as I followed it, a different room appeared. I looked around and saw a bed with a dresser next to it. Other than that the room was pretty boring. I saw Lilith and Jayden on the bed, Jayden was leaning over Lilith. I could hear quiet sobs as I got closer. I saw that Lilith was dangerously ill; her face was contorted with pain and covered in sweat. I guess I should probably call them mom and dad I thought to myself. My dad spoke, "Don't you worry Lilith, I will destroy the demons that did this to you and squeeze a cure out of them." My mom looked up at him and laughed "Jayden, my time is up, I need you to take our son and get him away from here, take him to any world you want, as long as it's safe and secure." My dad refused to believe that she would die. A moment later, I saw the life drain from her face as her eyes closed and exhaled her last breath. I soon realized that I was crying and fell to my knees. I can't believe she is dead. My dad sat up quickly and shook her arm. "Lilith?...LILITH? NOOOOO!" he choked on his breath and coughed. It was horrible to see my dad in this state.

My dad stood up and wiped the tears from his eyes and went to a different room. I followed him and saw that it was my room. He picked me up and opened a portal. He looked down at me and placed his hand on baby me. He mumbles something and his hand starts to glow blue. He pulls out a blue orb and wraps it in cloth. He walks through the portal and the portal takes me with.

We appeared in the abandoned house and my dad opens up a hatch underneath a rug. He climbs down the ladder as I stand with my mouth agape. I could've gone back up here instead of crawling through a sewer. I was thoroughly annoyed, but I climbed down after my dad. When I got to the bottom, I saw my dad in the next room. I followed him and saw him place the orb in the chest. He closed it and pulled a seed out of this pocket. He placed an enchantment on the chest and placed the seed in baby me's leg. He then opened a portal that led to my house and left me on the doorstep rang the doorbell and left.

I cannot believe that my dad just abandoned me; he dropped me off at some strangers' house and just left. A red aura surrounded me and when I opened my eyes I saw black and red colors swirling around me, my aura scared me so I tried to calm down a little bit, I tried to suppress the rage and betrayal that weighed on my mind. The aura had calmed down and dissipated, but it left burn marks on my arms and face like a burning whip had lashed my body. There was rips in my pant legs and on my shirt. I think the negative energy is getting stronger; I need to be more careful and keep my emotions under control, if I do not then I will lose control and my mind will give in to the power. I wish my parents would just come home. Not my Alkonian parents, but the parents that took me in and gave me a home. I remember when I was a kid, my mom was always home, she would always play board games with me or take me to the park. I was a happy kid until she got a phone call one day. The general's office had called her and informed her that she had to leave home for a military assignment. They day she left, was the day I was alone. I had no one to help me through my childhood, no one to care for me. I grew up by myself and every night I prayed that my mom would come home, but she never did. I eventually gave up on her ever coming home and started looking out for myself. Whenever someone came to the door I would set up traps outside to scare them off. I used smoke grenades and a sound effects box that would bark and growl whenever someone came to the door. I made sure that no one came close to the house. I didn't want anyone at the house because I didn't trust them. My mom raised me to only trust the people I knew, and everyone that came to the door was someone I did not know or recognize. I stood up and I was back where I started, Alkernon was destroyed, and I was still all alone.

I looked around me and the loneliness overcame me, I fell to the ground and just wanted to disappear, I have no one and the hopelessness overcame me. I felt my insides boiling, a power inside me was burning, wanting to get free and wreak havoc. Just as I was about to give in to this power, I heard a voice. I looked up and I saw a vision of my real parents. They were standing before me, beckoning me to follow them. I stood up, the happiness I felt burned through the power and the energy subsided. As I approached them they smiled, they began to speak but no words came out of their mouths. What the hell was going on I wondered. I kept walking until I was directly in front of them, they reached out their arms. When I reached out to touch them, they disappeared in an instant.

Why are the memories of my parents haunting me? Is it because it bothers me that much that they weren't around? As long as I have this weight on my shoulders, I will never be able to focus on my mission and it will interfere. I must find out if my dad is alive, if he is alive then I have to find him and talk with him.

I opened a gate to the human world and walked through it. I appeared downtown; it was still as quiet as when I first came here. My body shook unnervingly and my fingertips tingled with suspense. It was too quiet for me here, I have to find out where Zach is, and maybe he will know something about my father. I walked through town looking through every alley and house I came across. If Zach is a part of me, then maybe I can track him using my DNA. I slashed my arm using energy; blood rushed out of the cut and poured down my arm. I placed my hand on the blood and absorbed it. I raised my hand to the air and my hand resonated with power. A path made of blood had appeared before me and I followed.

As I followed the trail, I saw the houses and streets become more and more decrepit. I saw dead animals on the side of the road; it made me sad as I looked upon each animal. The houses looked twisted, like some dark energy had robbed it of its shine. The streets became darker, like the life had been sucked out of it. As I walked, I felt more and more alone, and fear began to overtake me. I wanted to turn back now before I became like the streets and houses. But no matter how badly I wanted to turn back, I knew that I had to do this. If I wanted to save Alkernon and find my dad then I had to find Zach.

The road came to an end at a house with broken windows and in even worse shape than the town was. I walked into the house and I expected to find Zach, but instead it was empty and there was broken glass and furniture everywhere. I watched my step as I walked through the room, hoping I would not trip and slice my face up. I made it halfway to the stairs when my legs gave out. Oh s***, I thought to myself as I fell to the ground. When I hit the ground the glass sliced up my skin, I felt the pain all over my body and it was unbearable. The floor beneath me was covered in blood and I could not stand up because I had lost too much blood and my legs were dead. I heard footsteps come my way and started to panic because I could not defend myself or even see which direction the person was coming from. I tried to move but I was paralyzed and all I could think about was, this is it, I'm going to die. My body trembled and sweat covered my face and my back, mixing with my blood.

The figure stood over me and I could barely make out the face. But light came through the window and I saw Zach's face. As soon as I saw it I freaked out, his magic was just as strong as mine, if not stronger. He could kill me right now and I can't do anything about it. He spoke, "You are going to die here Jay, and once you are dead, I am going to laugh and offer you to the Nether Boss, he will give me a nice reward for the Alkonian hero. He walked to the kitchen and grabbed a knife and some bleach. He walked back over to my body and spoke again. "You are going to die a very slow death Jay, and I am going to make damn sure that it is as painful as possible."

He started to cut my skin even more and when he was done, he poured bleach inside all of my cuts, the pain was unbearable and the bleach burned the inside of my body, it felt like an explosion was happening inside my body, multiple explosions. I could not take much more of this torture. My legs felt like pieces of scrap metal, they refused to move and the bleach was starting to kill my insides. I tried to move my hand and aim at the son of a b****. My hand twitched and slowly rose till it was aimed at him. Since I only had one hand I have to try and create the negative and positive plasma bolts in one hand. I started to form a negative plasma bolt; it was once again draining the blood from my body and consuming my hand. For some reason a saw some white being mixed into it. I soon realized that it was bleach and it turned the bolt a red and white color. The bolt became unstable and blew up. Everything in the house disintegrated and left Zach and I on the floor burned. I still could not move, but at least the torture was over. But just as I was getting comfortable, Zach stood up with clenched fists and a very upset expression decorated his face. He picked up the knife and got down on his knees, and held it to my throat. "Now I am going to make you suffer even more for that s*** you pulled." He made a small incision on my throat and picked up a tube. He inserted the tube into the incision in my throat and walked off to get something. When he came back he had duct tape in his hands. He ripped a piece off and placed it over my mouth. Then he picked up some foam he found and plugged my nose. I could only breathe through the tube and I was getting scared. He went into the kitchen and grabbed a funnel. He walked back over to me and placed the funnel over the tube and picked up the bleach. "You are going to suffer even worse than before, Jay."

I struggled to get up but I lost too much blood and I was getting bleach poisoning. I thought about trying the bolt again but I knew it would just explode like before. The burning in my body was getting worse, it didn't help that glass was lodged in my body. It felt like a dozen little knives were penetrating my skin. The bleach in my body felt like it was going to rip me apart from the inside out. I have to get this bleach out of my body, I thought to myself. I focused my energy inside of my body and kept it focused. Zach saw that I was relaxed and punched me in the face. It hurt but I kept my concentration on channeling the energy generating inside of me. I felt ready to release the energy and just before I released it, I focused the energy to the areas of my body that were tainted with bleach. Once that was completed, I released the energy and it created an explosion around me.

The bleach was purged from my body and the wave of energy was enough to blast Zach all the way across the room and knock him unconscious. I felt extremely tired and tried to stand up again. The blast cleared the glass around me and dislodged the glass from my body, allowing my body to regenerate. After a few seconds, my body was healed and I was able to stand up. As soon as I stood up I felt dizzy and almost fell back down. I had a skull splitting headache and I threw up. It felt as though I had an axe stuck in my head. I have no idea what caused me to throw up though.

I looked upon Zach and saw that he was still unconscious. I remembered something he had said to me before he left me in the containment facility. My mind flashed back to that very moment. I turned around and shot a little plasma bolt at him. He flicked it back at me and blasted me forward with just his aura. He glared at me, "You didn't think you were the only special one did you?" He froze time and picked me up. He teleported us to the containment facility and dropped me in the tank. "You little bastard, let me out of here!" I screamed at him. He smiled and said no. "Oh and you can thank yourself for bringing me to life, after all, I'm your other half." He laughed and disappeared.

My mind returned to reality and a thought came to me. If he is my other half, then I should be able to absorb him. I placed my hand on his head and concentrated on his energy. I tried to return the energy to my body but it didn't budge. Maybe I have to kill him in order to return the energy to me. I created a negative bolt in one hand and a positive one in the other. I brought the two bolts together and aimed at Zach. The bolt started to pulse with energy and hummed. After a few seconds, the bolt fired at him and flew through the air. Right before the bolt struck him, he opened his eyes and fear decorated his face as the blast obliterated him. His body was gone; all that was left of him was a wisp of energy.

I walked over to it, relief washed over me as I approached the energy core and fell to the floor. I touch the wisp and the energy was absorbed into my body. All of a sudden, Zach's memories filled my head. I saw the moment he was created. I was ripped in half when I forced myself back through the mirror to get back home when Royn took me to the hospital. A second body lay lifeless on the medical bed and I saw Royn freak out. Next I saw Zach's body being carried to the containment facility by Royn. Royn lay his body down and placed his hand on Zach's head. A little surge of energy entered Zach's body from Royn. After that Royn left and closed the facility doors but did not lock it. Fear came over me as I realized that Royn was corrupted and was actually working against the Elders. I next saw Zach stand up and raise his hand. A few minutes later I saw myself appear with the red orb and Zach reached his hand out to me. I saw my face fill with greed as I absorbed the orb for myself. I saw Zach collapse as I teleported out of the facility. I expected the memory to end there but it didn't. Instead, I saw a gold wisp float over to Zach. I got confused as I saw the wisp. Where did it come from? I wondered to myself. I saw Elder Royn walk over to him with a bag. He closed the bag and the wisp entered Zach's body. I heard Royn speak as Zach filled with life. "This is a special life force. This is an energy that made the Elders come into being. It's what gave Elders life, and also is the source of power. This will give you the abilities of an Elder. I want you to kill Jay, once you have done this I will make you an Elder."

The memory ended there and my heart skipped a beat. Royn hired Zach to kill me? Anger filled my body as a new memory appeared. It was the day that I stayed home from school. I saw Zach talking to himself. "If I get close to someone that Jay cares for, then I will be able to get close to Jay." As he was talking to himself, I saw Allison walk by. Her long beautiful brown hair was blowing in the wind. It was then that I realized how much I missed her. He saw her and dashed over to her. She looked sad so he tapped her shoulder. She turned around and giggled, she has a very cute giggle. Zach spoke, "Hey, why do you look so down?" She looked down. "My friend was supposed to be here today but he never showed up." When I heard that, a feeling of guilt came over me and realized that she got involved with Zach because I ditched her. Zach comforted her and asked if she would like him to hang around her today. She looked up and smiled as she nodded.

The memory ended there and I saw the fight between me and him as he locked me in the facility. I saw him spend the day with Allison and I also saw that he protected her when his dad was going to assault her. He sent her home and went to bed. It became nighttime as I saw Allison in his room. What the hell? What is she doing in his room! She walked over to Zach and lay in bed with him. I saw them pull the covers over each other and their clothes fell to the floor. She slept with him. I can't believe this. He knew her for two days and got her in bed with him. She knows me for years and hangs with me more and even came over to my house and I never got her in bed with me. What the hell? Rage filled my body as the memory became distorted and it showed Zach open a portal to the Nether.

I calmed down enough so that I could see what he did. I saw Elder Royn put his hand on Zach's shoulder and spoke, "Good job Zach. You were able to get rid of Jay so I will now make you an Elder. Royn placed his hand on Zach's head and a mark appeared on his forehead for a moment. Afterwards, the mark faded away. Zach looked at Royn with a confused look. "Why didn't it work?" he demanded. Royn tried again, but again it faded. "I am sorry to say this, but the mark of the Elder is rejecting your soul." Royn started to walk off but Zach grabbed him by the neck and dragged him back. "You promised I could be an Elder. You WILL make me an Elder right now!" He screamed. "I am sorry but the mark is rejecting your soul, there is nothing I can do." Royn explained. Zach smiled devilishly at Royn. "Then I will just take your mark" He lunged at Royn. "Since i have an Elders power, I am able to strip you of your title." The Mark of the Elders is a mark that allows an Elder to reside in the Elders Hall. It also allows an Elder to freely cross over into the Nether and also makes it so Elders can have more control over other casters. Zach grabbed Royn by the head and siphoned the mark into himself. But the mark still rejected Zach's soul. So Zach used the essence of his Elder power to force the mark into himself. the Elder's mark on Royn's forehead resonated and shone a bright gold color. Royn started to scream in agony. The mark was being burned from his skin and then burned onto Zach's forehead. After 5 minutes, the mark was now on Zach's forehead and Royn fell to the ground. Zach then walked off and went to the Nether. The memory ended here and a new memory started.

I saw Zach standing on an island surrounded by lava. He was just standing there. After the few moments, a giant lava golem appeared. Zach stood and extended his hand to it. The golem exploded and a path surfaced from the lava and extended to a tower that was a mile from where Zach was standing. Zach started to walk the path and on his way to the tower, a bunch of fire spawns appeared. Zach quickly disposed of each of them as he made his way to the tower. Zach finally made it to the tower doors and banged on the door. The door opened and out came the Nether Boss. His skin was distorted and bones were showing on parts of his skull and arms. the rest of his body was clad in plate armor. "What do you want human?" The Nether Boss demanded. "I am here to make a deal with you, I will free you of this place, if you agree to let me rule the Nether." The Nether Boss roared with laughter. "No one can break the seal on the Nether except for the Elders, they will never agree to that." Zach laughed and moved the hair from his forehead to reveal the Mark of The Elder. The Nether Boss stood in awe as he kneeled before Zach. "Elder, what is your name?" the Boss inquired. "My name is Zach" Zach replied. "Elder Zach, I will trade my seat of power in regards to leave this place. But first i require a body to inhabit in order to exist in the human realm. After being turned into a Nether Boss, th"e Boss can't exist in the human realm without a vessel. The vessel has to be pure and untainted." Zach opened a portal and pulled Allison from the other side. My fists clenched when i saw her. I can't believe he is going to offer up Allison! The Nether Boss looked at Allison quizically. Why have you brought me a girl to inhabit?" Zach grinned at him when he heard this. "This is no ordinary girl. This girl is a daughter of one of the Elders. She was sent down to earth to live a normal life. she has the power of an Elder and will put you in a place of power." The Boss smiled when he heard this. "Good, i will put her in a secure place until the ceremony is ready. In three days I want you to return so that i may pass the Seal of the Nether onto you and so the soul bonding can begin." Zach nodded and opened a portal back into the human realm. The human realm had been horrible disfigured and tainted from the Nether portal being opened. Zach walked to his house and set up a glass trap. This was so anyone who entered his house could not disturb him. After this, Zach went into a deep state of meditation.

The memory ended and left me tired. I fell to the ground from shock. First Royn turns out to be evil, and then Zach takes Allison and offers her to the Nether Boss, now in a day the Nether Boss expects to be set free. If I don't go in and save her, then she might die. I looked down at my hands and examined them. A thought came into my head, if Zach became an Elder, then that means that I am now an Elder. I can open the Nether Portal and go in to save Allison.

I walked over to a mirror and moved the hair from my forehead. The Mark of Elders was flashing on my forehead. It would glow and then fade and then glow again. After awhile, the Mark faded away permanently. Damn, I punched the wall and left a hole. I got another thought; I can go to Royn to make him give me the Mark. Maybe the Mark won't stay with me because it doesn't belong to me. Royn's Mark was stolen from him; Zach forced the Mark to stay with him so it couldn't fade. I can give Royn his Mark back so he can give me a Mark.

I started to walk out of the house when I saw a hippy looking girl run through town. I walked out and, with a strange look, followed her with my eyes. Ok, that was definitely strange. I teleported in front of her and accidentally knocked her over. She was wearing a peace necklace around her neck and had big frizzy hair. She was wearing green camo pants, combat boots and a black shirt with a weird design/picture on it. I extended my hand to her. She looked up at me quizzically.

"Oh thanks dude. Oh my gosh I think I hurt my arse." She said with a strange look. I laughed, she is an interesting person, I'll give her that much. "Hey sorry about that, I did not mean to knock you over. I just meant to appear like 10 feet from you." I explained. She cocked her head. "What you talking bout boy?" she said quickly. "Oh, I have special abilities. I can teleport and shoot plasma bolts. Oh and I can also heal myself. That is the ability that first started my long string of powers." She nodded carefully with one eyebrow raised. "Holy F dude. I can't believe I finally met someone like me." I looked at her with a strange look. "Oh, sorry, I have abilities that allow me to make trees appear. Oh and I can also make grass grow wherever I stand." I continued to look at her with a strange look. "Do any of your abilities do any damage to people?" I asked. "Uh, I can make ivy grow and shoot thorns at people. Oh and once every blue moon my abilities shoot out thorny vines from under the ground and suffocate people to death" she said with a smile. I looked at her with eyes widened with fear. Note to self: Don't piss this chick off. "Oh my name is Sean by the way." She extended her hand to me with a smile. I saw a thorn stick out of her hand. "Oh sorry" she said, and retracted the thorn. I am officially scared, but I shook her hand anyway. "My name is Jay, nice to uh, meet you" I flashed a fake smile. "Hey! We should team up." I laughed nervously. "I don't think that would be a good idea" I smiled weakly. "Why do you say that?" she asked. "Uh, b-b-because, I'm shy" No I wasn't, I was scared shitless that I would get strangled. "Oh come on, it'll be fun" Ya, fun while your strangling the hell outta me til my eyes pop out. But I regrettably agreed to join her.

"Ok I have to stop at a house an-" I turned around to see her playing with a flower. "Awww, look at da pretty flower!" she said giggly. Oh geez, this is going to be a long day. "Sean? Can we get going?" I asked impatiently. "Oh, right, lets go!" she said excitedly with her fist in the air. "Onward!" she exclaimed pointing forward. Oh my god, someone help me. We started to walk to the house that Royn took me to. The house looked even more decrepit than when I last was here. Sean looked at the house for a long time. "Uh dude, why we are just standing here?" she questioned me. "I'm examining ok?" I snapped. "Jesus dude, ok gosh" she stuck her tongue out at me. I ignored it as I walked up the steps. I was about to open the door when the house blasted with bright light from the inside.

I busted the door open and ran in to see what the hell was going on. I saw a portal disappear with Royn inside of it. I ripped the portal open just as it was about to fade. I grabbed Royn by the neck and pulled him out of the portal. I let go of the portal and let it close. I slammed him into the floor and formed a positively charged negative bolt in one hand and aimed it at Royn's face.

"You know that this will kill you, you also know that I killed Zach and took his soul back, along with the Elder power source that you gave him. So you know damn well that I can kill you right here and right now." I glared at him with blood red eyes. Royn was scared and was shaking with fear. Sean was standing back with a scared look "Holy Jesus dude." I looked back up at her with blood red eyes. When I saw her my face became sad and my eyes returned to normal. "Sorry, I don't know what came over me." I stood up and let the bolt disappear.

Sean walked over to Royn and picked him up by the throat. "Listen dude, I don't know this kid but I can tell that he is pretty chill. So whatever you did to piss him off this much and upset him, you are going to fix. Got it?" She growled at him. "And if you don't understand" she said while making thorns stick out of her hand, "Do I make myself clear?" she asked through bared teeth. Royn nodded vigorously. "Good" she said smiling as she let go. Royn fell to the floor and started coughing. I walked over to Royn and stared at him. "I will give you your Mark back, mainly because I can't use it. In return I want you to give me The Mark of Elders. If you refuse to comply with my demands, then I will make sure you do not make it back to Alkernon alive. Got it?" I growled at him. "How about this, you will give me my Mark back, and I give you s*** in return." MY blood boiled and I grabbed him by the throat.

My hand started to emit a black and blue aura. A streak of red dripped from my hand and burned the ground as it hit the floor. "You are not in the position to be making demands like that, and even if you had your Elder Mark, You still wouldn't be able to kill me. You know why? I'll tell you why, it's because I have the red and the blue orb. I also happen to have a golden power source that boosts my abilities with the energy of an Elder. So you will give me the Mark of Elders, or else I will tear you limb from limb and make damn sure that you are in the most pain than you have ever experienced." I growled at him with my eyes blood red again. "Because of you, the girl that I care about is going to be killed and worn as a meat suit. So you will help me." My hand started to drip with red and black aura. The red burned wherever it touched, while the black ripped apart whatever it touched. The floor between us had become completely destroyed. Royn started to whimper as I let him go. The aura disappeared and my eyes returned to normal as I fell to the ground and passed out.

I woke up on the couch. My body ached all over and my hand was burned. No doubt that was from the aura. I have this incredible amount of power, but if I use certain aspects of my abilities, it ends up damaging my body. I can't believe how much destruction my abilities can do. It's crazy how easily I can lose control when I am pissed off. If Sean wasn't here then I probably would've killed him. If I had done that, then there wouldn't be a chance of me being able to save Allison. I could go ask the Elders but I doubt they would agree to give me the Mark. Also, once they find out that I can kill an elder, they will rip out my powers and wipe my memory. I have to make sure Royn stays alive. Well, at least until I get the Mark.

I looked around and saw Royn hovering over me. "Stay still, I'm trying to heal the damage to your hand. Your rejuvenation ability isn't able to heal this kind of damage, especially when the inside of your hand has been completely ripped apart from the black aura. It wasn't enough to rip your hand off, but it did destroy the inside of your hand. The black aura didn't just destroy the inside of your hand though. It destroyed the cells that heal you. I am going to try and fix your hand so your ability can heal your hand." I watched Royn focus his energy into my burned hand. My hand started to glow with a green aura. I could see the life in Royn's face start to fade. A few minutes later, my hand started to heal itself. Although, Royn's face was pale and his eyes were almost lifeless. I sat up quickly and placed my hand on his forehead, giving him his Mark back. He looked at me and placed his hand on my forehead. "I know that you are pure of heart, so the Mark will accept you." I felt the Mark being burned onto my forehead. The Mark emitted gold light and appeared on my forehead. I felt more power run through my veins. But when I looked up at Royn to thank him, he started to breathe shallow breaths. "Thank you Jay, you showed me that even someone like me can do good things." He smiled as he drew his last breath. A feeling of dread came across me. I can't believe he was dead. I stood up and looked at Sean will a heavy heart. "Come on Sean. We have to go" I said with a sad tone.

Sean and I walked out of the house and started to head for the area with the Nether Gate. As we were walking, Sean started to scream in pain. I quickly spun around to see what was going on. I saw Sean on the ground holding her head. Her face was distorted with pain and soaked in tears. She was screaming and crying out in pain. I ran over to her to see if I could notice any visible signs for the cause of her pain. After a few seconds, her peace necklace started to glow a bright green color. Afterwards, she passed out and her face became pale. "Sean! SEAN! Wake up!" I screamed. But no matter what I did, she wouldn't wake up. I noticed that her necklace was still glowing green. I picked it up to get a closer look, but when I picked it up it burnt my hand.

The necklace sent out a shockwave that blasted me backwards. I stood back up and before I could walk back over, my hand started to burn even more than it did before. I looked at my hand through squinted eyes. My hand had a green and black burn on it. My eyes started to water from the intense pain. I could also feel my face heating up and sweat was covering my body like a blanket. My vision started to get hazy and I was getting dizzy. I stumbled forward and fell over.

I opened my eyes to see Sean standing a foot in front of me with her back to me. She was staring off at a tree that was emanating a bright green color. I tried to move but my body refused to move. Sean started walking over to the tree. I studied the tree to see if there was something I could see that she couldn't. When I looked at the tree for a second time, I saw it glowing green still. There is nothing evil about the tree, but why can't i move?

I forced my body to move and was able to lift my hands. I pulled myself up from the ground, but was almost pushed back down. It feels like the gravity here is twenty times greater. I slowly made my way over to Sean. When I tapped her shoulder, she turned around and pushed me back. I almost fell onto the ground but i kept myself balanced. She glared at me and her eyes started to glow green. I noticed that her necklace was emanating a black aura. I think her necklace is her relic. That is what lets her use her power, like how my orb lets me use my power.

She lifted her arm towards me and a thorny vine shot from her hand. I moved out of the way but it still scratched my face. She lifted both of her arms and vines came from the ground and wrapped around my legs and hands. I struggled to get free, but the vines were covered in thorns and scratched me whenever I pulled. I remained clam and focused my energy. I directed my energy at Sean and blasted her with my aura. She went flying backwards and lost control of the vines.

When i was free, I ran over to her and was about to take her relic from her. When I reached for it, it pulsed and sent me flying back. I quickly stood up in time for her to shoot a horde of vines at me. I lifted my arms and crossed them to protect myself. When I didn't feel the vines hit me I lowered my arms to see what was going on. When I looked, I saw a blue energy shield surrounding me. Sean was barraging me with vines, trying to break through the shield. I felt the shield getting weaker but it would hold long enough for me to charge a plasma bolt. I focused my energy into both of my hands and fused them to create the positively charged negative bolt. I should probably come up with a shorter name for that. I know, the Death Bolt. Yeah, that sounds cool. I charged a Death Bolt and aimed it at Sean. I really didn't want to shoot her with this thing but i have no choice. If I don't end this battle, then she will kill me.

Sean finally broke through the shield and I shot the Bolt. It flew through the air, ripping through all the vines she threw at it. Sean started to panic and put up a shield of vines with many layers. The Bolt hit her shield, ripping through the first layer. When it got to the second layer, it had used most of the energy and got weaker. after a few seconds, it ripped through the second layer. When it got to the final layer, the Bolt was half the size it was when I shot it. Nonetheless, it ripped through the final layer and struck Sean. Sean went flying back and hit the tree. When I saw her laying there, I felt terrible. I finally found someone like me, and I had to kill her.

I stood where I was, waiting to be teleported from this place. When I realized I was still here, I became confused. But I looked over at Sean and saw that the tree was siphoning energy into her. "Oh crap" I muttered. I got ready for what was about to happen. Sean's eyes opened and green light blasted from her body. The tree attached vines to her and she was lifted into the air."I'm in trouble!" I yelled running away. I ran into an invisible wall and fell backwards.

I saw her float over to me and raise vines from the ground below me. I blasted myself into the air and landed behind her. I started shooting her with plasma bolts, but it didn't seem to be doing any good. She turned her arm into a vine mace and thwacked me with it. I flew into the tree and hit my head on a branch. friggen A that hurt. I remembered that she was being held up by vines so I shot one with a plasma bolt. The vine snapped, but it wasn't long before a new vine came from the tree and attached itself to her.

She still had her arm shapeshifted into a mace and swung it at me again. This time, I jumped out of the way just before it hit me, and she thwacked the tree. I heard a crack come from the tree. I got it! If I make her hit the tree, then she will eventually destroy it. I ran back over to the tree and shot more plasma bolts at her. She became angry and roared at me. Her roar shook the ground and I fell onto my back. I quickly stood back up in time to see her swing her mace at me. I jumped up and she hit the tree again.

I heard an even louder crack come from the tree as I landed on my feet. I got distracted and she thwacked me with her mace. I flew half a mile from the tree and my head smacked into the ground. My head started bleeding but it quickly healed after a few seconds. I tried to run over to the tree but Sean trapped me with her vines.

I couldn't move and she was making her way over to me. She lowered herself onto the ground and walked over to me. She opened her mouth and a vine came out of it. She got closer to me and the vine slithered down my throat. The vine started to choke me and I could feel it in my chest. The vine found my heart and wrapped around it.

The vine was cold and thorny. It was not only ripping up my throat, but it was also strangling my heart. I felt my heart get weak and thorns popped out of the vine. It punctured my heart in ten different places and flooded my chest with blood. I choked on my blood and was drowning. Blood started to come out of my mouth and my vision was fading. If the thorns weren't stabbing my heart i could regenerate. I remembered an ability that Zach was able to do. I remembered he could freeze time.

I raised my hand up and forced everything to freeze. I imagined time freezing and everything stopping. I opened my eyes and saw that Sean was frozen in time. I started to get dizzy so I focused my energy and blasted everything from the inside out. The vine disintegrated and my heart started to repair itself.

Although blood was still clogging my chest and I couldn't breathe. I forced my finger down my throat and forced myself to throw up. All the blood that was in my lungs had been expunged. I looked back up at Sean and noticed that she was moving very slowly. Damnit, I'm not very experienced with this ability so I can't keep time stopped for very long. I ran over to the tree and focused all of my energy into the biggest Death Bolt I could make. I aimed it at the tree and fired it. To my surprise, the tree was unscathed. I can't damage it. Time was returned to its normal flow and Sean came running at me. She swung at me and sent me flying. Thankfully, she hit the tree too and the tree toppled over. As it hit the ground it made a loud thud and crack noise.

After a few minutes Sean came to her senses. She looked around at the destruction around her. It wasn't long before she saw me laying on the ground. She ran over to me and flipped me onto my back. "Jay! JAY? Please wake up!" she screamed. She shook me a few times and even slapped me across the face. She checked my pulse to see if i was alive. A feeling of dread came over as she realized what was wrong. "Oh God, I killed him" she said with a melancholy tone. She stood up and walked over to the tree. It was laying lifeless on the ground. Its leaves were gray, the bark had lost its color. The leaves had started, one by one, to fall from the branches. When she touched it, her relic started to glow. She began to siphon energy from her into the tree.

The tree had retained its color and the leaves stopped falling. Roots came out of the ground and attached to the tree. The tree was then pulled back up, and rooted to the ground. It spoke to her: "Good job my child. You have succeeded in completing the challenge." it spoke in a soft and gentle tone. "But, my friend is dead now!" she yelled at the tree. "He is not dead, his soul is merely asleep. Him and the Elder daughter Allison, have a joined fate. Touch your relic to his chest and it will wake him up." she said softly. Sean walked over to me and touched the relic to my chest.

I opened my eyes and saw Sean. My vision was groggy so i could barely see her. As i sat up she gave me a hug. "Whoa, what happened" I said groggily. "You just fell asleep is all" Sean said happily. "Oh, well is everything ok now?" I asked. "Yes, we are safe." I was relieved. "It is good to finally meet you young hero" The tree spoke. "Whoa! That tree is talking!" I jumped and pointed. "It's ok Jay, this is the Sage Tree" she explained. "Yes, and I am pleased that I can finally help you in your journey. Here I have a gift for you." she said, as one of her branches extended to me, revealing a cube. "This cube will absorb your soul and your abilities, including your orbs and the Elder soul and Mark. This is just in case you die. You are too precious to lose Jay." she explained. I took the cube and examined it. It went inside my body and set up in my chest. "I will now return you to your world, Hero and traveler. I hope good fortune comes to you" she said happily. We were consumed in a bright light and appeared back in the middle of the road. "I think we should head over to the Nether to stop the Boss." I said to Sean. She nodded "Lets go!"

When Sean and I got close to the Nether portal, the air became thick and everything around us became more and more distorted.

"Friggen A woman!" Sean exclaimed.

I raised my eybrow, "Something wrong?" I said with a hint of curiosity.

"the air is thick and smells like crap! thats why woman." she yelled.

I backed up a little bit. My attention was grabbed by a voice from the sky.

"I can see you managed to kill Zach and take his Elder spirit. Well at this pace, you'll have no problem with killing me if you reach me. This simply will not do, so I will make it so that you do not reach me" The Nether Boss said with a laugh.

I was extremely confused and was about to continue walking until i felt a shock in my brain and heart. the shock was pulsing and brung me to my knees. After a minute I collapsed and blacked out.

When I woke up, i was on a couch in an unfamilair house.

"Aren't you going to school? Time to get up" a woman said.

I looked up and saw an unfamiliar woman, looked about 60. I got up off the couch and instinctively knew to go to a closet next to the couch to get clothes. when i grabbed my clothes i headed into the bathroom down the hall.

i started the shower, and once i was undressed, got into the shower. i was so confused. Who was that woman? Where exactly was I? I washed my hair and body and got out.

when I completely dried myself off, i looked into the mirror. A look of horror came over me. An unfamiliar face was staring back at me with an equally surprised look. When i heard a voice outside the bathroom I went to see what it was. When i entered the living room, the woman was sitting on a chair on a laptop. When I looked back at the couch, there was a girl laying on it. She looked like Allison, a lot like her. She had the same brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. She even had the same body build as her. This is freaking me out, i am so confused.

I sat down on the couch next to her and held her. after awhile the woman told the girl it was time to go. She got up reluctantly after arguing a few times. We went outside and got into a van. The van looked extremely old and had a familiar scent.

The girl sat next to me and spread a blue blanket over us. the van started driving and i started getting tired. I passed out on the girl's shoulder. She woke me up when we got to a school.

"Alright guys, have a good day i love you." the woman said.

"I love you too mommy" said the girl.

Still confused, i got out of the car and, the girl holding my hand, went into the building. I have no idea what is going on here. Is this girl my girlfriend? she gave me a kiss when we entered a cafeteria and got in line for food. Huh, I guess that answers my question.

When we had gotten our food, we left the cafeteria and headed outside. She held my hand as we walked to another building. The outside air was freezing cold and stung my face as the wind blew against my face.

We crossed from the sidewalk onto the street which looked like a crosswalk leading to the other side. As we entered the crosswalk, a car was coming our way and stopped. But as we were crossing, the truck started driving again, urging us to hurry up. "Asshole" the girl said under her breath. I silently laughed to myself. Strangely enough, she sounded like Allison too. Although i dare not say anything, for fear that i might upset her if she wasn't actually Allison.

When we had reached the door that led into the building, the girl reached for the handle and opened the door for me.

"Thank you love" I said to her.

love? where that that come from? We entered the school and we walked right by the tables. I looked down at my food and had a confused look. Uh, if we have food then why aren't we sitting down to eat them? i continued to walk with the girl and walked into a classroom. She walked ahead of me and placed her backpack on the table then walked back over to me.

"Come on love" she said to me.

We left the class and went over to the tables to sit down. We ate our food and didn't really talk very much. When i heard the bell ring, the girl stood up to go throw her garbage away.

I picked my stuff up and went over to the trash cans. I looked at them quizzically. Why are there three garbage cans? I examined the trash cans to see if i could see a pattern with the garbage. A person came up behind me and threw their garbage away in a strange manner. It seems there was a trash that was meant for garbage, one for compost and one for recycling.

I disposed of the trash in the same way the previous person had. The girl grabbed my hand and pulled at me

"Come on love, we are going to be late." she urged.

we walked over to the classroom that she had gone into before, she hugged me and gave me a kiss. Her hugs were warm and comforting, her kisses were soft and calm. Whoever this girl was, she is amazing. she walked into the class and I pretended like I knew where I was going. My feet almost immediately took control and walked me to a clasroom at the end of the hall. When I got into the classroom, i walked over to the nearest chair and sat down.

"Hey Zach" the person next to me said.

My eyes widened and I frantically looked around the room. I thought I killed that bastard! Where is he? The person said the name Zach again and i looked over at the person. I realized that I was this Zach. I really hope that I'm not the same Zach that i killed. I really do not like being in this strange world.

"Uh, hi whats up" i said uncertainly.

I looked down at my hands and I tried to focus my energy into my hands. Nothing happened and it worried me. What happened to my abilities? This is not good. If I don't have my powers then I can't defend myself if I get attacked. I spent so much time trying to get my powers to work, that I didn't realize that the bell had rung.

I quickly grabbed my backpack and left the room. I headed towards the room where the girl was at. She was already walking my way and gave me a hug when she came up to me. We started walking back to where I had come from. I just came from that way though. This world is frustrating.

"Hey, so do you remember what my classes are?" I asked her.

She gave me a weird look

"Yeahhh, your next class is in Dargis, then Lagrange, Walker, then you have shop which you get on a bus for, then you have Al-rashid and then finally Jordan with me." She told me with a confused tone.

I nodded my head and we reached the class I came from. She gave me a hug and kiss and told me she loved me.

"I love you too" I said hesitantly.

I walked around trying to find Dargis' class. My feet took control and took me to the class. This is getting really tiring. I wish I could just skip school. I never went to school in my world.

I looked at the clock and it read 2:28. Yes, school is almost out. I almost forgot how boring school was. the teacher told us to put up our chairs and get ready to leave. Well, I may not be able to use my abilities, but I haven't really seen a reason that requires me to use them. the bell rung and we headed out the door.

You know, this world isn't that bad. I don't have to worry about the Nether Boss taking over or fighting the supernatural.

For once I can just sit back and relax. Enjoy my life.

All the things I never had time for in my world, I can do in this world.

We saw the van from this morning drive up and the girl urged me to hurry up.

God, this girl is pushy, she is definately not Allison.

We approached the Van and the woman rolled down the window.

"Hey puppies" the girl said in a baby voice

"Hey Angel hey Zach you guys ready to go home?" she asked

I guess this girls name was Angel. We nodded yeah that we were ready and we got into the car.

The drive home was short and nobody really talked very much, we just sat in ther car and waited for the ride to be over. After a few minutes I had gotten a really bad migraine and felt really dizzy. Great, looks like 'Zach' has car sickness. I really could do without that.

We got home and as we got out of the car Angel beckoned for me to get inside

"Just a minute i'll be there soon" i said annoyed

Ok, as nice as this world is, I really need to get back to my world and stop the Nether Boss.

I focused to try and bring my powers back. After a few minutes I could feel sparks in my hands and they started to warm up. But as soon as I opened my eyes it went away, along with my strength. Holy f***, just trying to bring my powers here takes all my strength out of my body. I really hope that it wasn't for nothing though.

I held my hand up and tried to summon a portal. Alkernon's portal appeared in front of me and I see that it was still crumbling.

I need to get back there so I can fix everything.

I tried to walk through the portal but it wouldn't let me. Maybe it's because the Orb is not with me anymore.

I tried summoning my powers again. This time the tingling sensation was stronger and my hands felt like they were on fire. I opened my eyes to see that the orb was in my hands. It dissolved and was back with me.

Good, now i can go back to my world and hopefully kill the Nether Boss.

I walked through the portal. Instead of my body going through it, the portal ripped my soul from my body and dragged me through.

When I reappeared in my world, Sean was lying on the molten ground unconscious. Wait, molten ground?

I looked up and saw that I was staring the Nether Boss in the face. Great, how in the f*** did I end up in the Nether?

When Zach woke up, he saw Seannie but did not recognize anything else around him. He jumped up and gave her an attack hug. "Oh thank god there is someone here I recognize." She pushed him off her and gave him a weird glare. "Why the hell are you acting so weird woman?" she said with curiosity. " How am I acting weird Seannie?" Zach asked. "Seannie? My name is Sean, not Seannie." She corrected Zach. "Well I know that, but everyone just calls you Seannie." Zach argued. "Woman, if you do not stop calling me that I will beat your F'ing face in." she said threateningly. "Alright alright I'll stop, sheesh." Zach backed up and went to a place away from the strange girl where he could think. He rested his hand on a wall to keep himself up. The wall became intangible and Zach fell through. He looked up at the wall to see it was still intact. "How in the-" he looked down at his hands and pressed them together. A wave of electricity shot out of his hand and struck a wall. Zach stood dumbfounded at these abilities. Part of him was scared that he could do this, But a different part of him was excited and curious as to what he could do with them. He ran back out and found Seannie. "Hey, so I forget, what exactly are we doing?" Seannie's mouth suddenly became agape, surprised that 'Jay' could have forgotten this. "Uh, how could you forget the big gaping hole in the fabric of space downtown." She said as she pointed at the Nether Portal. When Zach saw this, HIS mouth became agape. How in the hell am I supposed to deal with THAT. Zach thought to himself. "Your kidding right? You really don't expect me t- to be able- but how am-" Zach couldn't complete a single sentence before passing out. Zach looked up and saw Angel. He got so excited that he jumped up and hugged her with all the strength he had. "Thank goodness you're here. I was in such a strange world and Seannie wasn't acting herself. She was getting mad at me for calling her Seannie and just freaking out on me and-" he was about to finish his sentence when he saw angel melt and explode into flames. He stared for a second. "AHHHHHHH!" his screams echoed as he fell to the floor and scooted away. "No, no don't, please I need you." He reached out for her just before she turned into ash. NO! He screamed as he jolted upright. He looked around him and saw Seannie sitting four feet away with a freaked out look on her face. "Are you ok Sean?" Zach stood up and started to walk towards her. "You are not Jay." She said as she scooted away. "You look like him. I don't know who you are but you are definitely not him." She said as she stood up. Zach sighed and looked down, then back up at her. "I don't know who this Jay is, but no, I am not him. My name is Zach. One second I was going to sleep in my bed after cuddling with my girlfriend Angel, next thing I know, I am waking up on the cold hard cement in this weird place. I don't even know where 'here' is. I don't recognize anything about this place or how I got here. All I want is to get back home to Angel." Zach explained in a rush. "Well, maybe you have to complete something that Jay set out to do, then you will return to, wherever it is you came from." She walked towards Zach and looked at him weird. "Alright, what was Jay doing before I showed up." Sean punched him in the head. "I already told you what he was doing dumbass! God you never listen." She said with a huff. "God you crazy ass woman, you didn't need to punch me in the head, that f*ing hurt!" Zach shouted at her. "Well then, maybe you should F'ing listen woman!" she shouted back. "Lets just go in the stupid portal and deal with whatever the hell it is that we have to do. That way I can get you out of my hair." Zach said while quickly walking out of her range of fire. "Do you even know how to use Jay's abilities Zach?" that made Zach stop in his tracks. After a moment of silence he answered, "No, I don't." she walked up to him, "Well then I guess we should teach you how to control his abilities then." She said happily. "first thing you should know about me is that I have abilities too. See this around my neck? It allows me to use my abilities. I can control any plant or anything related to a plant. Watch this." She said as she held up her hands. Her hands glowed green and after a minute or two, plants started shooting up from the ground. Zach fell backwards from the shockwave the plants sent out. "Alright, now we need to focus on getting you familiar with Jay's abilities." Sean walked over to Zach and helped him up. "I will set up plant dummies and you will need to destroy them completely. If they are not completely destroyed, then I will fix them and you will retry. Got it?" Zach then nodded his head in agreement. After a few seconds, Sean had raised and formed three plant dummies. "BEGIN!" she shouted. Zach held his hand up and concentrated as much energy as he could. A blue energy sphere began to form, but after a couple seconds, it fell apart. Zach cursed in anger and punched the air. This got Sean's attention, because after Zach punched the air, a little wisp of red energy was floating where he punched. After a minute, it detonated. Blasting them both back. "I didn't even know that Jay could do that!" Sean exclaimed in surprise. Zach got back up and punched the air again. The wisp floated over to one of the dummies and exploded. "Alright that's a good attack, but it is way too much energy wasted on just one dummy." Sean pointed out. Zach nodded his head and walked over to the last two dummies left. He placed his hands on both of the dummies 'foreheads' and concentrated his energy. After a minute or two, both dummies exploded. Sean, looking impressed, raised her hands. "Alright, let us see if you can handle THIS". Suddenly, an army of plant dummies rose from the ground, although these dummies were moving. Zach focused all the energy he could muster, storing all of it at his core. He walked to the middle of the crowd, ignoring the punches and kicks from the plants. Once in the middle, he released all the energy, like a bomb. It sent out a wave of red and blue energy, completely wiping out the army. Sean looked at him with an awestruck look. "That was, awesome! Alright, one last test. We need you to be ready for close combat. So try focusing the energy into your fists and legs. Or try creating a weapon out of your energy. I will raise another army. As soon as you see them, attack." Sean faced the opposite direction, and raised another army that was twice the size of the last. As soon as they popped up from the ground, Zach charged. He first charged his fists and punched a few in the face. Then he mixed it up and created a sword, hacking down about 50 plants then roundhouse kicked a mob and punched a few again. Immediately afterwards, He created another bomb and wiped out the rest. He heard a clap coming from Sean. "Good job, now we go to the Nether." They both turned around to see the giant gaping hole torn in the fabric of space right behind them. It emanated a black aura and reeked of rotting flesh. Zach and Sean looked at each other. They nodded and ran for the portal. Right as they hit it, it sucked them in. Their bodies began to feel distorted; they could feel themselves slipping in-between the cracks in space. Then, they were gone. When they awakened, they first saw the lava, then they saw the molten rock surface that they were standing on, finally they looked up and saw the Nether Castle. They slowly made their way in the direction of the Castle. Nothing had bothered them until they got to the drawbridge controls. It was a big machine with two levers and a button. The lever that kept the bridge from them was flipped up to ON. If they lever was up then it was on, if it was down then it was off. Zach tried to pull the lever down, but the lever refused to budge. Sean moved Zach aside "Let me try" as she reached for it. "Uh you are smaller than me, and last time I checked, plants don't grow in lava." Zach argued. Sean laughed at him and placed her hand on the ground. A few minutes later, A branch covered in molten rock branched out from the ground. Zach face palmed himself "Don't say a word, just pull the lever." Zach didn't even look at her and he knew she was laughing at him. The branch grabbed the lever and pulled it down. Then it grabbed the other lever and pulled it up. Sean then pushed the button. A bridge made of molten rock surfaced from the lava. Sean and Zach walked onto the bridge and almost immediately, were attacked by golems and imps. Zach created a sledgehammer out of energy "Alright Sean, lets get em" Zach charged at the golems. They swung their giant arms at him but he ducked then jumped high onto the golems back. He then started barraging the golems head with multiple strikes from the hammer. After a couple strikes, a piece of rock chipped away, revealing a red bulbous part. The golem shouted in agony and swiped Zach off his head. Zach went flying and crashed into the ground. "Sean! Hit them in the head it is their weak spot!" Sean nodded and raised the branches from the ground, holding the golem down on the ground. She made one of the branches dive into the golems head, making it explode. "Alright, Sean you handle the golems. I will deal with the imps." Sean nodded and Zach ran for the imps. He grabbed two by the head and made them explode. The fight was going well and looked to be in their favor. But that changed once they heard a horn from the Castle making a weird noise. Shortly after that, A horde of golems and imps and dragonkin swarmed from the Castle and made a beeline for Sean and Zach. They started backing up as they saw that the army of creatures had increased by a couple thousand. "Sean run away, I will use the bomb." Sean tried to protest but Zach pushed her away. She quickly scrambled to her feet and ran away. Zach concentrated all of his energy into his core. But this time it was ALL of his energy. He even drew power from Jay's Elder spirit unknowingly. Zach started to glow red, blue and gold. Sean looked at him and was blinded from the light it was emanating. When the army had struck him, all of the energy exploded and then created a mini vortex. All of the creatures were killed and then were sucked into the vortex. Once it was over, Sean ran over to him. The bomb had completely drained his actual life energy along with his abilities. The only thing that was left that she could see was his elder spirit, which was not nearly enough to sustain his body. Sean thought, the bomb shouldn't have drained his abilities completely. The Nether Boss then emerged from his castle. "So, you managed to kill my army. No matter, your hero is dead and you do not have nearly enough power to kill me." The Nether Boss swiped her and she fell. Shortly after, Jay stood up "How the hell did I get here?!"

As Jay looked upon the Nether Boss, he was filled with fear. He was grotesque and sickening to look at. He looked like a rock golem bred with a mountain troll. Right now Jay couldn’t afford to spend too much time examining the Nether Boss, he had to make his move before IT made its move. But before he could make a move, the Nether Boss lunged a boulder at Jay, crashing into him and throwing him off of the bridge into a chasm of lava.
Jay felt like he had been falling forever before he regained consciousness while falling.
He concentrated all his energy into his feet to create a force blast that would shoot him all the way back up. Blue energy started surrounding his feet, but was only enough to shoot him halfway up. He tried charging even more energy but exhausted the rest of the energy left in his blue Orb.
“The only way I can make it is to use the red Orb and the Elder spirit”
Jay silently said to himself. He concentrated and red light began to surround his legs. The energy became wild and uncontrollable. Jay then mixed in the energy of his Elder spirit and infused the red energy with a brilliant golden light. The sensation reverberated inside his entire body and made his heart pound twice as fast as it normally would. With a final shove, the energy exploded and rocketed him back up the chasm and landed him on the bridge.
The energy left him with adrenaline which allowed him to continue using his energy.
He tried to stand up, only to be brought back down from the intensity of the energy he was emitting. Then, Jay felt something sharp in his chest and pound against his heart.
In a split second, Jay was consumed by the energy from the red Orb and the Elder spirit and it started to change him. The energy infused around him, creating a tail, horns and fangs, Jay had been turned into the very essence of the red Orb and became the Orb itself. The energy from the Elder spirit had twisted and turned into a golden sword.
Jay launched at the Boss and thrusted the sword down into his head and vaulted off. The Boss let out a horrible cry and slashed the earth below Jay. Jay jumped into the air and once again stabbed the Boss in the head. This time he stayed on the head and focused all the energy into the sword.
The energy was funneled out of jay and into the sword, creating a bomb within the sword. Having lost all of his powers, Jay fell to the ground and passed out. The Boss screamed in agony as the energy swirled around him and exploded violently.
After the smoke had cleared, Jay awoke, looking upon the now deceased Boss of the Nether. Jay ran over to Allison and turned off the machine that held her captive.
“She cannot know of this world. I have to return her to her house so she will think this was all a dream.”
Jay said as he picked her up.
“I will take care of that.”
A voice declared from behind jay. An Elder that Jay did not recognize came through the portal and revealed himself.
“Hello Jay. With the Nether Boss dead, there is no one to keep this world from descending into chaos and creating a rip in the reality and destroying Earth. If you would like us to restore your powers, then you would have to take the title of the Nether Boss and control this realm to keep it from destroying your world.”
Jay looked down at Allison. All he wanted was a life with Allison. But now, the only way to keep her safe is to stay in this realm.
“Alright Elder, I accept the terms.”
Jay said sullenly.
The Elder burned his soul into jay, restoring his red and blue Orb and adding his Elder spirit to his powers.
The Elder picked up Allison and walked over to the portal.
“Oh right.”
The elder pointed at jay and shot a stream of energy into Jay’s forehead.
A hellish mark was etched into his forehead and a spiritual chain bound him to the Nether Realm.
Stepping through the portal, the Elder left Jay to rule the Nether Realm with nothing but agony in his heart.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.