Survivor | Teen Ink

Survivor

By shinegirl24 BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan
shinegirl24 BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan

"All, everything I understand, I understand only because I love." Leo Tolstoy

Summary:

Mira was only twelve when she was diagnosed with the Sickness, a disease that changed everything about her and left her unable to return to her home. Now a teenager, she has been living far away from the world for two years. When they are suddenly given the opportunity to return to the real world and attend a boarding school. But as things start to get dangerous, they realize that they may have more deadly power than they ever dreamed.

Elizabeth M.

Survivor

abby.v BRONZE said...
on Nov. 4 2015 at 2:55 pm
abby.v BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
This story is so creative! There are many aspects of the story that require an imaginative mind. The Quote "Everything about you- your hair, your eye color, your skin tone, your height- completely changes over the course of about two weeks" This captured my attention because I always have trouble thinking of good plots to start stories with. This dystopian type situation is the perfect beginning of a great story.

abby.v BRONZE said...
on Nov. 3 2015 at 8:07 pm
abby.v BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
This story is so creative! There are many aspects of the story that require an imaginative mind. The Quote "Everything about you- your hair, your eye color, your skin tone, your height- completely changes over the course of about two weeks" This captured my attention because I always have trouble thinking of good plots to start stories with and this dystopian type situation is the perfect beginning of a great story.

on May. 22 2013 at 5:10 pm
Barnowl14 BRONZE, Seattle, Washington

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook"- Julia Child

This is really good! I can't wait to read more.

on Nov. 6 2012 at 7:04 pm
FablehavenFan GOLD, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Hey shinegirl24! You commented on my book Spies and that menat a lot. I really like your book and think you could do well as an author. I would like to see your skill at writting fantasy. :)

on Jan. 31 2012 at 4:36 pm

Thanks so much! :)

tealbird said...
on Jan. 28 2012 at 5:46 pm
Let me just start off by saying that a writer's tone is what makes it or breaks it for me when I read something. Sure, I really good idea and catchy plot are important, but for me how someone tells the story is everything. You nailed all these parts. Awesome. Really, really awesome.

on Jan. 21 2012 at 9:25 am
SilentlyRising GOLD, Decatur, Georgia

"My pen is the barrel of the gun. Remind me which side you should be on."

Wow! This was really good. I loved it! Your writing style is great and your pace is perfect. You really eased me into the story. I've noticed that sometimes the reader is thrust into the story, but you did an awesome job!! I can't wait to read more! Write on!!