The King of the Werwolves

Author's note: READ THIS!!! I started writing this in sixth grade and finished it a year ago, and it is also...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: READ THIS!!!

I started writing this in sixth grade and finished it a year ago, and it is also at a lower writing level than other books.

I will ask you the same question I asked for the Legend of the Batbark Woods: SHOULD I REWRITE THIS BOOK??? PLEASE ANSWER!!!

P.S. It might take you a while to decide, considering this book is REALLY long!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 Next »

Stranger Danger

In the car, all their hearts were pumping fast, especially Randall’s.
Miles, Katrina, and Randall had decided to wait in the car as the sun set, and avoid the wrath of Miles’s dad until later.
“Well, at least we found out that Mr. Michaels may be involved with the Batbark Woods.” Miles showed the still bleeding saber tooth to Katrina and Randall. “This is one of his teeth.” Katrina wrinkled her nose with a look of disgust, and Randall just jotted something down in his notebook.
“I don’t think I want your dad to come back very soon.” Randall replied glumly.
“Don’t worry. We finished what we came for. And I have another idea.”
“What’s that?”
“Remember the thing Mr. Michaels said about a large stash of rainbow grapes? He said he’ll lead everyone to it and get the rainbow grapes…or ghostberry. What I think is that he’s gonna leave them stranded so that they’ll get captured! And I know my dad is gonna be with the group he brings.”
“So what do we do?” Katrina inquired.
“We gotta interfere with their ‘rainbow grapes search’.”
“You’re kidding,” Katrina replied. “That’ll never work!”
“Don’t worry…I think it can.”
At that moment, Miles’s dad got in the car. He sat it the driver’s seat and looked at Miles. “YOU! You’re grounded for three weeks! No friends!” He looked at Katrina. “YOU! You’re grounded for three weeks! No friends!” Then he looked at Randall. “And you…get out of my car. You can use a phone to call your mom. You can’t come to my house any time soon.”
“WHAT?!?” Miles exclaimed. “But Dad...”
“NO BUTS!!!” Miles’s dad screamed as Randall got out of the car. “I’m extremely disappointed with your behavior! You acted immature during the meeting and Randall PUNCHED MY BOSS!!! I think that deserves punishment!”
As Randall closed the car door behind him, Miles’s dad started the car. As the car slowly started driving away, Miles waved at Randall, who was still standing motionlessly in the parking lot.
Finding out the next secret of the Batbark Woods would be harder than it seemed.
Miles walked in the house and looked as it got darker and darker outside. His dad was sitting at the table, clenching his fists. He looked very angry.
“Um…Dad?” Miles said.
“Miles, just forget it. If it’s not anything important, don’t tell me.” Miles’s dad grumbled.
“But…it is important!”
“All right, what is it then?”
“Um…y’know why Randall punched Mr. Michaels?”
“No. Why would I?”
“And…you remember all the Batbark Woods stuff?”
“Yes. You told that to me.”
“Well…we thought there might be a reason Mr. Michaels never shows his face…and that it might date back to the Batbark Woods.”
“What are you saying?”
“Didn’t you hear? Monsters from the Batbark Woods are attacking towns all over the U.S.! And Katrina, Randall, you, and I are the only ones who know about them! If we’re not gonna figure out whether they’ve gone crazy against us, then who will?”
“Miles, I can assure you. Mr. Michaels is not involved with that freaky forest.”
“He just might be! Look at this tooth!” Miles pulled out the tooth Mr. Michaels had lost when Randall had punched him. “This is one of Mr. Michaels’s teeth! Randall had to punch him or else we wouldn’t be able to prove our theory!”
“What theory?”
“We thought that there was a reason Mr. Michaels never showed his face and that it had to do with something involved with the Batbark Woods…including teeth!”
“What--!”
“Wait…Dad, I just remembered! I didn’t get to stay for the rest of your meeting. What did Mr. Michaels say?”
“What do you mean?”
“What else did he say about the rainbow grapes stash?”
“Well, after he finally regained his consciousness and got the notebook covering up his face, he said that it was going to be a dangerous trip, and that we should all bring safety gear. He also said it would be tomorrow, at 6.”
“All right. I’d better come with you just to make sure everything’s okay.”
“No, you’re staying home. I don’t think Mr. Michaels would be too happy to see you. Now you’d better get to bed.”
“What? But it’s only 8:30!”
“I SAID, GET TO BED.”
Miles glared at his dad and went for his bedroom. When he got there, he saw his sword lying on his bed. He had gotten it from the Batbark Woods when he had searched for Katrina. Then he saw a familiar man drive by in his car. That man was Mr. Michaels.
Miles quickly got an idea. He closed the door to make it look like he was peacefully sleeping. Then, he opened up his window. He was going to go after Mr. Michaels whether his dad liked it or not.
He glanced at his gleaming sword that still lay on his bed. He grabbed it and went out the window. He would need it.

Reignbow.Rebel said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:39 am:
Bravo! Loved the first! I see a bright future for you!

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:07 am :
Thanks! :)

MAXIMUMRIDEFOREVER said...
This was really good! I read the other one! Great job! Do you think you could check out my work. None of my work in posted yet, but when it is could you check it out? thanks!

Dec. 21, 2011 at 7:18 am :
I'll check it out when it's posted! I haven't been on TeenInk in a while. :/

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 8:29 am:
Hey, if you haven't read the Legend of the Batbark Woods, read that before you read this, because this is the sequel, and you won't understand ANYTHING unless you read the Legend of the Batbark Woods first.