The King of the Werwolves

Author's note: READ THIS!!!

I started writing this in sixth grade and finished it a year ago, and...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: READ THIS!!!

I started writing this in sixth grade and finished it a year ago, and it is also at a lower writing level than other books.

I will ask you the same question I asked for the Legend of the Batbark Woods: SHOULD I REWRITE THIS BOOK??? PLEASE ANSWER!!!

P.S. It might take you a while to decide, considering this book is REALLY long!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Next »

The Next Big Thing

Miles’s dad entered the board room and scanned the place. There were twelve chairs in the room, a podium, and a whiteboard behind the podium. The podium was in the middle of the room. There were six chairs on one side of the podium and another six on the other side. Behind the chairs on the left side of the podium were a desk with dozens of writing supplies on it, and behind the chairs on the right side of the podium was a big, rectangular window that had a view of the entire parking lot and many other small franchises and businesses.
There were only eleven people in the room. Six were sitting down on the left side of chairs, and three were sitting on the right side. Beside those three were another three chairs, but they were empty. Miles’s dad had just entered the room, making it ten, and behind the podium was the eleventh person. The man behind the podium was the CEO of the business. His name was Mr. Michaels.
Miles’s dad sat in one of the empty chairs and stared at Mr. Michaels…or…what he could see of Mr. Michaels. The CEO of the business never showed his face. Miles’s dad didn’t know why, and Mr. Michaels had made sure no one would ever see his face. He had become the CEO five weeks before that moment, and before then, there hadn’t been even one trace of his existence. It was strange, but Miles’s dad lived with it.
The last two people arrived fifteen minutes later, when the sun was setting outside. The meeting was ready to begin.
“Well, I suppose everyone is here?” Mr. Michaels replied. He did a quick roll call of everyone that was supposed to be there, his face hidden behind the podium the entire time.
“Okay,” Mr. Michaels said, “I can assume that everybody is here. Now we have some important business deals to discuss.” He lifted the notebook he was holding in front of his face and backed towards the whiteboard. “I suppose all of you have heard about ‘rainbow grapes’?” Every single person in the room nodded. “All right. I say this business will never survive without that fruit. We should take advantage of the rare berries and gather loads of the fruit in this building. Shoppers will be too mesmerized to resist.”
“What happens if they get so mesmerized that they never leave the store?” a man sitting on a chair on the left side of the podium inquired.
The people in the room couldn’t see his face, but they all knew that Mr. Michaels was glaring and sighing. “Please don’t ask me stupid questions like that.” he muttered. “Besides, as long as they spend their money in the store, it’ll be fine if they never leave!”
Everyone in the board room knew very well that Mr. Michaels was a money addict. He was almost as addicted to money as Mr. Krabs in the SpongeBob cartoon. He didn’t want a single person in the building unless they were willing to spend their money.
“Why would we have this particular fruit as our…mmm…moneymaker, so to speak?” a woman sitting next to Miles’s dad inquired.
Mr. Michaels howled with laughter. Then, he stopped abruptly and drew a line graph on the board with a marker. This was a popular graph in business and everybody in the room recognized the arrow going up on the graph.
Mr. Michaels pointed at the graph with the marker he had used. “This is what could happen to our business if we use a large stock of rainbow grapes. Customers would come here from all around.” He leaned over the woman who had asked the question. “Don’t you see how big that fruit could be? I put six extra cash registers down in the lobby because I know how much money we’re gonna get if we sell that stuff!”
“What’s so special about the fruit?” the woman asked.
“You haven’t had it? You have obviously heard that these rainbow grapes can make people feel unbelievably good…right?”
“Oh yeah…I think I did hear that…”
“There it is, people!” Mr. Michaels exclaimed. “These rainbow grapes are the next big thing! If we sell this fruit, our popularity level will rise dramatically!”
“Just how dramatically are we talkin’ about?” Miles’s dad inquired.
“DRAMATICALLY! Rainbow grapes are the height of popularity these days! They’ve knocked gold and silver right outta here! Nobody cares about that stuff anymore! All they want is the fruit that makes everyone feel stupendous!!! The only things they want are rainbow grapes! If we bring the current height of popularity into our business, we WILL be the height of popularity! You get what I’m saying here? We bring those rainbow grapes in and we’ll have a swarm of customers coming in! I say this is a fantastic plan! Now, are there any more questions?”
“Um…why do you never show your face?” a man sitting on the other side of Miles’s dad inquired.
There was a long silence. Then Mr. Michaels finally said, “I don’t think we should talk about that right now, okay? Okay. Now everybody GET TO WORK!!!”

Reignbow.Rebel said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:39 am:
Bravo! Loved the first! I see a bright future for you!

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:07 am :
Thanks! :)

MAXIMUMRIDEFOREVER said...
This was really good! I read the other one! Great job! Do you think you could check out my work. None of my work in posted yet, but when it is could you check it out? thanks!

Dec. 21, 2011 at 7:18 am :
I'll check it out when it's posted! I haven't been on TeenInk in a while. :/

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 8:29 am:
Hey, if you haven't read the Legend of the Batbark Woods, read that before you read this, because this is the sequel, and you won't understand ANYTHING unless you read the Legend of the Batbark Woods first.