The King of the Werwolves

Author's note: READ THIS!!!

I started writing this in sixth grade and finished it a year ago, and...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: READ THIS!!!

I started writing this in sixth grade and finished it a year ago, and it is also at a lower writing level than other books.

I will ask you the same question I asked for the Legend of the Batbark Woods: SHOULD I REWRITE THIS BOOK??? PLEASE ANSWER!!!

P.S. It might take you a while to decide, considering this book is REALLY long!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Next »

The Meeting

PART ONE: MR. MICHAELS

11. y=x+4-2x5

Miles looked at the math problem, and then down at the table. Under the ‘x’ were the numbers 9, 3, 5, and 10. Under the ‘y’ was just an empty space. Miles filled the empty spaces in with the numbers 3, -2, -1, and 4 as his dad came down the stairs.
He looked at Miles’s homework. “Um, that one you filled in as -2? It really should be -3.” Miles’s dad corrected.
“I hate math,” Miles complained
Okay, if you're just starting this book, I want you to know one thing: IT IS SUPER LONG.
as his dad walked away.
“Ah, you’ll be fine. Anyways, I’ve gotta go.”
“Why? I thought you were done with work for the day.”
“Yeah, well…apparently, an important meeting was called and I have to be there at 5:00. I’ve got a half-hour to get there. You watch your sister, okay, Miles? I don’t want something else to happen.”
“What do you mean?”
“You don’t remember? Just nine days ago you went to find your missing sister. She went missing because you--.”
“Dad, I was knocked out!”
“Oh…sorry, son…you, uh…didn’t tell me the whole story. Just watch your sister, okay? If I don’t leave soon, I’ll be late for the office. I’ll be home later tonight.”
“Bye, Dad.”
“See ya,”
Miles watched out the window as his dad got in his car and drove away.
Miles was fourteen years old and his sister, Katrina was twelve. Eleven days ago, the Headless Horseman had attacked Miles and Katrina. The Headless Horseman knocked out Miles, and when Miles woke up, Katrina had been gone. Then he had teamed up with his best friend, Randall, and they went to find her.
They had ended up stumbling into the Batbark Woods: a forest right out of a horror story where everyone who lives there is a monster. The monsters who lived there ate humans for food, and had led a battalion into the small town where Miles lived, called Misty River, right after Miles, Katrina, and Randall had gotten out of the forest. They had led the monster invasion in the town because of a famine that had struck their ghostly forest. The battle had been a terrifying experience for everyone who lived in Misty River.
Katrina was in the living room, watching TV. Miles finished his last math problem and hopped onto the couch by Katrina’s side.
“Hey, look!” Katrina exclaimed, pointing at the image on the TV. “They’ve made dozens of things out of that fruit we found in the forest! Remember? We called it ghostberry!”
“Yeah, but they’re not even calling it ghostberry anymore.” Miles said. “They call it rainbow grapes.”
“What? Rainbow grapes?”
“Yup, and they call that yogurt made out of the fruit…Sweetie Sauce?”
“I hardly believe yogurt is a sauce!”
“Well, looks like that fruit we found is pretty popular, don’t you think?”
“Mm, hmm,”
“I mean, look! They sell probably billions of batches of ghostberry…well, that’s what we call it…every day! They’re probably running out of it for all we know.”
“Yeah…”
“I’m sure shop owners would love to have ghostberry in their stores. I just can’t believe they called the fruit rainbow grapes.”
What these two kids didn’t know was that the ghostberry would provide a perfect scheme for their enemies that they thought were completely gone.
As Miles’s dad was driving to work, he drove by dozens and dozens of ghostberry fields. Farmers had finally gotten ghostberry seeds from the fruit and had planted them in the ground. After a little bit of researching, the field workers figured out that the fruit didn’t run on water, but to grow and progress, they would have to water it with blood. So now there were hundreds of blood donations going on with the fruit, and it sped up the scientists’ work of trying to figure out how to make man-made blood.
Miles’s dad drove by the fields and thought, Man, that’s a lot of work they’ve set up with all those rainbow grapes. I remember when Randall showed me those. Man, they were tasty. I don’t suppose the field workers sometimes sneak a grape or two?
Even though it took blood to grow the ghostberry, everyone’s efforts were this high because one bite of ghostberry would make a single person feel an amazing feeling unlike any other. Ghostberry could do amazing things.
Miles’s dad pulled up in the parking lot in front of the building he worked at and gazed at all the other cars that were in the parking lot. Darn…I’m late! he thought. Miles’s dad jogged across the parking lot and entered the building.
There were no big city buildings in Misty River. There were only small franchises and tiny commercial buildings in the town. The industry wasn’t much better, but there were many residents of the town and the commercial places were always moderately busy.
The building in which Miles’s dad worked in had only two floors. Miles’s dad walked through the lobby in the building, which was full of shopping shelves and cash registers. There had used to be only one cash register, but now there were at least seven on the counter in the lobby. Miles’s dad stared at the extra cash registers for a moment, and then he sauntered over to the elevator.
He pressed the up button. When the elevator doors opened, Miles’s dad pressed the 2 button inside the elevator and went up to the top floor.

Reignbow.Rebel said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:39 am:
Bravo! Loved the first! I see a bright future for you!

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:07 am :
Thanks! :)

MAXIMUMRIDEFOREVER said...
This was really good! I read the other one! Great job! Do you think you could check out my work. None of my work in posted yet, but when it is could you check it out? thanks!

Dec. 21, 2011 at 7:18 am :
I'll check it out when it's posted! I haven't been on TeenInk in a while. :/

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 8:29 am:
Hey, if you haven't read the Legend of the Batbark Woods, read that before you read this, because this is the sequel, and you won't understand ANYTHING unless you read the Legend of the Batbark Woods first.