Twelve Countries, One Girl.

Author's note: Next year I will embark on my own journey by being an exchange student in Italy. I was inspired...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Next year I will embark on my own journey by being an exchange student in Italy. I was inspired to write this novel while thinking about my upcoming adventure.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

The Plan

This is it, I thought to myself while I walked out of my small high school into the cool December air. I was a high school graduate. I graduated early as a junior in the first semester. While walking home and contemplating what the hell I was going to do with my life, it hit me. I will travel the world! It was perfect timing! My parents were out for the weekend to do some late Christmas shopping, so I could make my escape!
I ran home listening to the leaves crunch beneath my feet. When I was halfway there I felt my knit scarf fall off of my neck. I turned and looked at it, but I didn’t get it. It was a waste of time. I finally reached my house. I walked in and the sweet smell of cinnamon hit me. I didn’t realize how cold I was until I realized I was shaking. I took off my brown Uggs and walked into our small study.
I pulled out the large computer chair and sat down. When I logged on I quickly typed in. WWW.BankofAmerica.com.
Total Balance: $27,832.
What the hell?! Well, it did make since. Ever since eighth grade all I did was work. And every summer I worked doubles. My mom never let me touch my bank account either. I quickly called my bank and waited patiently while the strange background music played.
“Hello,” a cheery female voice said. “My name is Alexandra how may I help you?”
She was my friend Malinda’s mom.
“Mrs. Jackson?”
“Alaina! Hi, sweetie how are you?”
“I’m good, thanks. But I wanted to know how I can have access to my account while abroad?”
“Well do you have an ATM card?”
Thank God she wasn’t the nosy type. “Yes, ma’am.”
“Ok call the number on the back of it and speak to an agent. They will place a travel flag on your account. Your ATM or Debit Card must have a primary checking account linked to it to avoid interruptions, will that be a problem?”
“No that’s great thanks!”
I did as she instructed me to and within 30 minutes I was good to go. I ran upstairs and packed one suitcase with a week worth of clothes. I could go shopping, right? I added a box of tampons, a first aid kit, and my laptop. I had 3 batteries charged for my laptop to avoid the drama of having to find a charger that would fit the outlets of wherever I was. I packed a pair of cute sandals, and a pair of tennis shoes. I would wear my Uggs to the airport.
It felt like I was forgetting something. I ran to my desk and got my wallet. The contents of it included: $75, my passport, insurance card, shot records, and my ATM card. I was good to go!
Then I realized something. I had nowhere to go. I picked up my violet suitcase and stuck my wallet in the back pocket of my Kiss Me jeans. I raced downstairs and threw my suitcase on the couch. I logged back on to the family computer.
WWW.AmericanAirlines.com
Depart from?
San Antonio International, TX
Arrive in?
I thought about that one for a while. Then I came up with The Plan. This is where I will go:
Asia:
Hong Kong- 7 days
Tokyo- 7 days
Egypt- 7 days

South America:
Mexico City- 4 days
Peru- 5 days

Europe:
London- 4 days
Dublin- 4 days
*take the ferry to France**
Paris-4 days
Rome- 5 days
Berlin- 4 days
Vienna-4 days
Barcelona- 6 days
Home.
That is what I’m going to do.
Arrive in?
Hong Kong International.
Depart date: December 20, 2011
Travelers: 1
And then I clicked, “find flights.”
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Gemini13 said...
Jan. 6 at 2:04 pm
This is a excellent story! Keep it up!