Briar of the Ash | Teen Ink

Briar of the Ash

December 21, 2010
By Black_Out BRONZE, Morgantown, West Virginia
Black_Out BRONZE, Morgantown, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We live, as we dream-alone." --Conrad Joseph


Summary:

Briar Ash, an outgoing girl of sixteen, has lived in the forest all her life. Her world is of freedom, wood, and nature, unlike the usual concrete and stone. Dresses? They don't exist for her. She is stronger than any guy her age.

But her brothers and sister would disagree. They have had the taste of human life, and cannot adjust to life in the forest. Though they often get along, there are times when they disagree, especially when it comes to Briar acting like a lady. And unfortunately, they seem to be regretting their idea of moving to the forest.

Now enters Syrus Kane, a prince of seventeen. His world is of servants, luxury, politics. When he meets Briar, he is undeniably attracted to her, and keeps returning to the forest. He can't seem to let the thought of the wild girl go.

When winter sets in, Briar's beginning to feel the sting of loneliness. Not even an old friend of her's can remove that feeling. But when Syrus appears with an offer that may change her life forever, will she accept? Can she learn to fit in with people like a normal person?

Life is not always easy for the forest dweller.


Jennika H.

Briar of the Ash


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on May. 12 2011 at 9:12 am
becauseHeloves BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
Proverbs 8:12, 14 "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength."

To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure if I would like this, but I was curious and I surprisingly like it. This is obviously set before the 21st century so the only thing I have to say in criticism is the conversation language- it's just a bit too modern. I'm not talking about throwing in thee's and thou's but you should make it sound like it would in the setting of the story. Plus there were some grammatical errors but keep it up, I'd like to see more!