Kinguyakkii

Author's note: I had just finished watching the movie Brother Bear, and the artic has always fascinated me. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I had just finished watching the movie Brother Bear, and the artic has always fascinated me. I enjoyed writing this very much, and if you are confused about any of the words, there is a glossary of the words at the end!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Nunavut

“It is almost time. When the girl returns, I want her to die. She will be hard to kill, but her death will be the ultimate triumph. We must hurry though, and we must make it seem like there was nothing that could be done. It must be done swiftly, and it must be done so that no one suspects anything or anybody,” whispered a large figure over a fire. A smaller person across nodded, careful not to let the firelight come close to lighting his face.
“We can’t let anyone guess that I am a part of it, nor can they guess it is you. We must kill all the younger children, in each family, including yours. Injuquaq must never suspect, we must stay behind the scenes, we must not be suspected,” repeated the man. Across the fire, the other person nodded.
“Do you understand?” leered the man, leaning forward into the fire. The light illuminated a long scar across his cheekbones and highlighted dark, bushy eyebrows with an asiavik tattoo between them.