Beast tamer | Teen Ink

Beast tamer

By gretadog123, Gilbert, Arizona
gretadog123, Gilbert, Arizona

Table of contents

1          worst day ever

Chapter 1

Worst day ever

It was a perfectly normal saturday waking up, taking a shower, still in pajamas and making breakfast. Well as usual as it can be when you just moved to San Tan Arizona were during the summer it’s always hot and unfortunately it was summer.  

Until I heard that ringing of the doorbell. “Uh who would be ringing the doorbell at six in the morning” I said aloud to myself.

“Honey do you mind getting the door” Mom yelled from the upstairs bathroom.

“Ok mom i’ll get it” I replied. I got up and moved down the long hallway to the door. Even though we had a two story house we only had two beds a classic kitchen with one of those refrigerators that they say can survive an atom bomb.

I opened the door but no one was there. “No ones at the door mom” I yelled up.

“It must of been some kids messing with us, just leave it be” she yelled down.

“Ok!” I hated it when the neighborhood kids would just dingdong ditch us it happens at least twice a week. I just about closed the door when I saw a giant. Egg! Sitting on the porch.

I picked it up. It looked like a regular egg but at least four times the size.

“What?” I said quietly to myself. I then noticed the note attached to the egg. I had my name on it!

Dear Nick Johnson. I regret to inform you but this is your’s. It’s unfortunate that a young lad like you must take it but put the egg in the heater and wait four days then it should hatch. I have more to tell you so always check your porch for more letters.   

Out of curiosity I walked down in the basement where our washer and dryer was and in the corner was the heater I opened it and carefully stuck the egg inside.

“Nick you're going to be late for work” my mom basically screamed.

With that I checked my watch and ran to my room through on a pair of jeans and a red t-shirt. I ran out the door and onto the sidewalk I picked up my bike and peddled as fast as I can. Down the street around the corner and down to the mall. I parked my bike and ran inside. Dang i'm going to be late! I reached the nikestore and ran inside and into the back.

“You're late”

I turn to see who yelled at me and it was Jack my best friend and manager.

“Sorry” I replied.

“You're fired” he said to me.

I immediately stiffened and started to fake cry.

“I’m kidding” Jack said to me.

“It’s not funny” I said to him with tears in my eyes.

“For a guy who’s sixteen you sure are emotional” Jack said stepping closer to me.   

“Got you” I said in a mocking tone.

He reeled back.

“I can't believe I fell for that” Jack said.  

“I would talk but I have to start working i’m already late” I said to him while walking away.

I got dressed into my work clothes then walked to the front and got behind a register. Unlucky for me it was already busy and there was only two registers open right now mine and Jack’s. Then it begun the long twelve hour day of customers.

Near the end of my shift Jack told me to leave saying he would cover for me so I did.  On my way home I picked up some groceries so I could make dinner.

I got home before my mom did which was strange because she’s usually home by four and it was five thirty.

I went into the kitchen to chop the hamburger meat  I bought once that was cut up I took the meat down to the basement so that I could cook it. We had no grill so since there was no fire alarms in the basement and the ground was cement I would light a fire and put a metal slate on top so I could cook meat.

I remembered the egg so I walked over to the heater and opened it to my surprise it was blood red.

“What the h….” I started to say when I heard the front door open.

“Honey i’m home” she announced.

My mom had one of those track a phone aps so she always new where I was.

I quickly closed the heater and walked back to the burgers which were already ready.

“I’m down he…..” I stopped as I heard a big wonk. As a door does when you swing it open to much.

“MOM!” I ran upstairs and found her sprawled out on the ground.

“No mom you told me you were done drinking” I said in an angry voice.

“Sorry” I heard her say and then she passed out.

Chapter 2

Dreaming?

For the next three days I took care of her before she was finally able to stand but I had to take a leave of absence from work which wasn't good.

On the fourth night I had a dream well it wasn't really a dream more of a picture really. I was lying on the ground dead with a sword hanging out of me.

“Ahhh!” I yelled sitting up in my bed.

Then I noticed the burning in my eyes. Got up and walked down the hall to the bathroom. I turned on the lights and looked in the mirror. My eyes. They were. RED! Starting to panic I splashed water in my face when I looked back at the mirror they were blue again.

“I must really be tired to hallucinate like that” I said to myself. I walked back to bed and thought of how school would be starting in a week. I finally fell asleep around two in the morning.

I woke up to the smell of bacon and sausage. I walked down stairs to see my mom at a fire cooking.

“Mom that actually smells good” I said walking to the table.

“I may not be as good a cook at you but I can still make something” she said smiling like it was the most important thing in the world.

Then there was the knock at the door.

“I’ll get it” I announced. I walked to the door and opened it this time there was a note on the door.

Check your furnace.

That was all it said. I took the note and stuffed it in my pocket. I walked back and sat at the table eating the plate of food set there while I was gone.

My mom was not in the kitchen anymore so I finished my food and cleaned up for her.

I put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and walked out the front door.

“I'm going to meet jack at the park” I yelled into the house but there was no reply so I just hopped on my bike and left.

I arrived at the park some ten minutes later. I saw Jack on the other side of the park leaning against a lamp post. I rode over to him.

“Hey” I said to him coming to a stop.

“Hey” was all he said.

“Want to play basketball?” I asked.

“Sure” Jack replied with a smile.

We walked over to the court and started to play. We played half court for ten minutes then we switched to full court since we were tied.        

About thirty minutes later Zach tenner with his group of flunkeys max and john.

“Hey what are you guys doing on my court” Zack said with a smug look on him.

“This isn’t your court” Jack said stepping up to him.

I pulled him aside. “What are you doing he has his older brother with him he’s known for beating up kids who oppose Zach”

“I don’t care he can’t keep doing this to people” Jack said wiggling out of my grip.

Hw walked up to Zach with a defiant look in his eye and like a fool I followed.

“No” Jack said.

“John teach them a lesson” Zach said smiling.

His older brother walked out in front grabbed Jack by the collar of his shirt and raised his fist.

As john swung his fist at Jack’s face I felt the pain in my eyes again and then what happened next was unbelievable. I raised my arm faster than I thought I could I caught John’s fist with ease. All four of them looked at me with surprise. I grabbed Johns arm holding Jack and twisted it till he let go. Then as he swung a fist at me I ducked and hit him in the stomach and he was knocked back onto his back a yard away.

“You freak!” Zach yelled.

They all ran from me in terror even Jack.

“Wait!” I yelled after Jack.

He just ran faster and I was left alone on the court.

I stayed at the park sitting on a bench till the sun started to go down then I biked on home.

I just about opened the door when I saw another note.

Check the heater now!

Remembering the egg I ran down the stairs and looked where the heater was but I saw that it was busted open. I turned around hearing a low growl then I saw in the corner was a baby black. DRAGON!

Chapter 3

What?    

I just kept staring in the direction of the baby dragon even though it was only about a yard long it scared me. Wait why was I thinking about it’s length.

The baby dragon started toward me. As it got closer my eyes started to burn and my head to hurt. Soon it was to much to bear that I had to scream.

“Ahhhhhh it hurts” I yelled.

All of a sudden the pain stopped. I opened my eyes to see myself on the ground looking up into the eyes of the dragon. I let out a yelp and sat up too quick and hit my head on the snout.

“Oh, oh, ohhh”

I looked around. “Who said that”

“I did”

I looked at the baby dragon.

“Did you not hear me I did” the dragon said.

“You can talk” I said.

“Why yes how else would we communicate.” the dragon said.

“Why would we need to communicate?” I asked the fear still evident in my voice.

“Because you're my master”

“Why would you think that”

“Because your a beast tamer”

“A what?” I said now curious.

“A beast tamer, a human who has the ability to talk to creatures like me”

“How do you know this”

“I don’t know I just had those words in my head when I hatched”

“No I mean how do you know i’m a beast tamer”

“Because your eye’s are red”

“What!”

I ran to the bathroom upstairs not taking notice the dragon was following me. Sure enough my eyes were red.  

“This has to be a dream red eye’s, and dragon’s?”

“No not a dream”

I yelped and turned to find the dragon behind me.

“What a baby” the dragon said.

“Look who's talking” I yelped back rather quickly.The dragon looked like it was about to cry. “Sorry just trying to get my head wrapped around this”  

An hour later we were back in the basement talking.“So i’m what you call a beast tamer”

“Yep” the dragon replied.

“And only I and other beast tamers can understand you”

“Yep”

“Then why don’t you go find another beast tamer”

“Because you hatched me so i’m stuck with you for good, unless you die”

“What do you mean”

“If you die I don't have to stay with you”

“Ok since we're stuck together and I don’t plan on dying what do I call you”

“I don't have a name so I guess you'll have to pick one out”

“Ok how about, tooth”

“No”

“Then how about, wings”

“No”

I thought for a moment. “Then how about Rider ”

“I love it”

“Well then Rider  it is”

“So master what should we do first”

“First of all stop calling me master and start calling me Nick”

“Got it”

“Second your stomach has been rumbling for a while so i’ll get something to eat”

“Yeah food!”

“Just go wait downstairs i’ll be back in a bit”

“Where are you going”

“To get some food”

I went up the stairs and heard the beep of the phone.

Nick, mom hear. I forgot to inform you that I would be gone for a while I went out of country to take care of some business.    

After that I biked down to the grocery store and bought ten pounds of meat.

“Jack?” I said seeing him parking his bike outside. He turned to look at me then immediately got back on his bike and rode away.

I biked home to give the meat to Rider  but there was a note at the door.

Dear Nick there will be mythical creatures starting to show up in arizona and around the country I suggest you start befriending them.

In anger I threw the note to the ground and walked inside. After feeding Rider  it was only seven pm. But I went to bed anyway.

Chapter 4

school

It had been a week since Rider s hatching and he was already three yards long with a wingspan of four. I had to move him outside to the backyard and into the garage the day before.

It was the first day of school so I had to inform Rider  I was going to be gone most the day.

It was six in the morning and I was riding to school having been inside all week only going out to get food I was not comfortable with the crowd at school.

My first class was algebra I walked into the room and saw Zach and his friend max trying to make a kid give him his lunch money. When they saw me coming they put the kid down and walked away.

“You okay” I asked the kid.

“Yeah” he replied.

“What’s your name” I asked.

“Brandon”

I looked him up and down he was about five feet seven like me he was on the skinny side and wore black glasses. He had blue eyes like mine with brown hair. “I’m Nick”

“Nice to meet you” Brandon said.

Brandon asked “you don't happen to know where Ms. Nicole's class do you”

“Yeah she’s my teacher too” I replied.

“Cool” Brandon said.

“Come on” I said.

After showing him to the classroom we sat down next to each other it was chaotic. There was people on there phones spitballs and paper airplanes. I sat by the window while Brandon sat to my right. Ms. Nicole came into the room and walked to the front.

“Ok everyone settle down” Ms. Nicole said.

“Today we're going to take some notes on variables” Ms. Nicole said.

While everyone was taking notes in their notebooks I was drawing in mine. It was a good picture of Rider  I was about done when I heard a voice in my head.

“Nick, Nick can you hear me”

“What! Wait is that you Rider ”

“Yes it is”

“How are you doing that”

“I don't know I just am”  

“Ok we'll stop i'm in school”

“I know i'm right above you”

“WHAT!” I said aloud. Everyone looked at me for a second then turned back facing the front but I still heard sniffles and comments.

I looked out the window and I saw a birdlike figure flying in circles in the sky.

“What are you doing out, you were supposed to stay at home”

“I know I just wanted to fly a bit”

“Ok fine but stay high enough that no one can see you and get back before I do”

“Ok”

“Mr. Johnson, Mr.Johnson”

“Huh, what?” I said

“Do you know the answer to the equation” Ms. Nicole said.

“Un no ma'am” I replied.

“Anyone else” Ms. Nicole said turning to the rest of the class.

The bell rang thirty minutes later I spent the next few hours wondering about Rider .

When lunch came I was back to sitting by myself on a bench.

“Can I sit with you”

I turn to see who had asked.

“Brandon?”

“May I sit with you” he asked again.

“Sure” I replied.

“Hey freshmen” It was Zach calling me and brandon out.

“What do you want?” I asked

“I want a rematch” Zach replied.

“No” I said.

Just then his flunky heaved me up and was starting to walk me to the middle of the field. We were almost there when I heard.

“Let him go” Bandon said.

“Take him to” Zach said.

After they grabbed brandon they held us with our arms behind our backs. Then they hit us bringing their fist back and forth connecting with our faces, stomachs, and heads. Once he hit my nose and I felt blood running down it.

“Rider  why aren't my eyes turning red”

“I don’t know do you want me to help”

By now there was a crowd gathered around yelling fight!, fight!, fight!

“No don't come there's to big of a crowd”

“Try focusing on what you felt the last time your eyes turned red”

“That feeling was anger”

“Good use that anger to control your eyes”

I started to focus on the anger I felt when he grabbed Jack on the basketball field. I felt the searing pain in my eyes telling me they were red. I raised my head to look at them in the eyes. Zach flinched when he saw me.

Everything happened so fast that I barely processed it. First I knocked my head against the head of the one holding me making him lose his grip. I reeled around my fist connecting with his face knocking him out. Then I smashed the back of my hand into the one holding brandon then I launched myself and I was burying my elbow into Zach’s stomach. Zach fell and sprawled onto the ground.

“What are you!” Zach said.

I just stared him down till he got up and ran away. I then noticed everyone staring at me then I remembered my eyes.

“Nick get out of there now!” I heard Rider  yell in my head.

I started to run towards the gate. I was outside when I looked back and saw Brandon following me. I ran faster. I cept running till I was back at my house through open the door and ran inside. I stopped in the kitchen when I heard someone walking up behind me. I turned to see who it was.

“Brandon how did you keep up with me” I said.

“How do you think” He said while looking up.

I noticed his eyes they were red!. “Brandon you're a beast tamer?”

“Yes I am” He replied.

“I thought…”

“You thought you were the only one”

“Yeah”

“Well so did I”

We said nothing for a few moment’s then I asked “well where’s your beast”

“Oh, mines a basilisk it’s able to change it’s size” Brandon replied.

“Cool” I said.

Then he looked at me. “Wheres your’s”

I smieled. “Come with me”

I led him to the backyard.

Rider  come.

“Why are we….” he stopped mid sentence when he looked up. “What the heck is that”

Rider  landed next to me. “Who is this” he asked.

“This is Brandon” I said “Brandon this is my dragon Rider ”

“A dragon that’s incredible” Brandon said.

I smieled.

“Think i’m cool you're going to love this” Rider  said.

He opened his mouth and flames shot from it. Me and Brandon both took a few steps back.

“When did you learn to do that” I asked Rider .

“Just now” Replied Rider .

“So Brandon where's your beast” I asked turning to face Brandon.

“Right here” he said.

A small snake slithered out from under the color of his shirt.

“Isn't that a little small” I said.

Brandon smiled.

“I don't think I like that smile” I said.

The snake dropped to the ground then started to grow bigger. When it was finished it was at least five yards long.

“How is yours so big” I asked.

“My family is a long line of beast tamers” Brandon said.

“But you said you thought you were the only one?” I said.

“My family may have many beast tamers in it but only one at a time” Brandon stated.   

“Why is there only one at a time”I asked.

“I don’t know why you're also a beast tamer but what’s even weirder is that you have a dragon” Brandon said.

“How is that weird?” I asked.

“Well i'll put it like this, my family has had beast tamers in it for hundreds of years and only three of those people saw a dragon. Also only one of those three had a dragon as a beast”

I was about to say something when I heard the TV playing.

“What’s that” Brandon asked.

“Just the TV” I said.

We walked into the TV room and saw that the news was on.

“What’s he saying?” Brandon said while moving closer to the TV.

I walked over and turned it on and the newsman said something strange.

“There have been recently confirmed sightings of mysterious creatures around the town” the newsman said. Then a bunch of images started to show on the screen.

The pictures aren't clear but I could tell that they were all beast.

“What beast’s are those” I asked turning to face Brandon.

“Well in total there are seven photos” Brandon said. He waited a bit then spoke again. “ the three pictures of flying beast I would say are a phoenix, a griffin and your dragon”

I looked directly at Rider .

“Oops” Rider  said.

“Go on” I said to brandon.

“Ok, the four land ones would be a Manticore, a werewolf” I cut him off right there.

“Wait, a werewolf is that even a thing, I mean I thought they were human to” I said.

Brandon looked at me like I was a lunatic.

“They are which means someone out there is a werewolf and it might be anyone even us.” Brandon said.

“But if it’s half human then can it be tamed by another human”

“Do you know what makes us beast tamers”

“Our red eyes”

“No, wait yes but that’s not all”

“It’s not”

“What makes us beast tamers is our voices”  

“Our voices?” I asked questioningly.

“Yes our voices they carry some kind of compelling power over the beasts”

“In simpler terms please”

“Basically we wuu the beasts”  

“I shouldn't have asked go on” I said making a gesture with my hands.

Brandon continued “Then I would have to say an imp and finally looks like a oh no”

“What?” I said.

“It’s a baby nian”

“What’s that?” I asked.

“It’s a beast that lives under the sea or in the mountains and has a bulls body and a lions head.”

I stared at the picture. “It doesn't look big so I think we're fine”

“That’s because it’s a baby when it grows it will be as tall as a skyscraper”

“Yeah that is bad”

“You think”

“Well can't we tame it”

“You kidding me, it’s the hardest beast to tame. Not only does it not listen but it also destroys everything in it’s way. Luckily for us it’s peaceful as a baby but cannot be tamed as a baby” I opened my mouth. “No no one knows why it can't be tamed as a baby, I suggest we destroy it”  

“Well what can hurt it” I asked.

“Not fire ill tell you that and my basilisk’s stare won't work on other beasts” Brandon answered. “I have an idea”

“What?” I asked.

“It’ll take about a year but I'll tell you when it’s done”

Brandon fished something out of his pocket and thru it at me. I caught it and looked down it was a pair of keys.

“What’s this for” I asked.

“Promise me you'll do everything I say” Brandon said.

“Ok” I replied.

“You have to go to warehouse 270”

“Why”

“You need to hide Rider  when he get’s to big but also yourself”

With that Brandon walked right out the door.

Chapter 5

Sister

It has been six months since brandon left to work on his plan and I had to start hiding Rider  in the warehouse because he got to big. He was about forty wards now. Luckily he is now growing slower.

It was saturday and I woke up at ten o'clock to the sound of knocking at the door. I thought it was brandon so I got dressed and ran downstairs. I flung open the door to a girl with dark hair and blue eyes wearing blue jeans and a brown t-shirt.

“Ashely?” I said.

“How’s my favorite twin brother” she said with a smile on her face.

“I'm your only twin brother I said”

“Yeh so” she said. “Why did you swing that door open so fast”

“I thought you were my friend” I said.

“I am” She said as she started to cry.

“No, no i didn't mean it like that” she looked right into my eyes. “I ment I thought you were my friend Brandon he's been gone for six months”

“Oh you made a friend, good” She said while stepping in the house and closing the door. “Do you know what tomorrow is.”

“Uh, sunday” I said.

“Man you're hopeless, It’s our birthday!” she said.

“Is it I said, I thought our birthday was on february eleventh”

“It is” she said.

“But that’s today”

She yelped and pulled out her phone to check the date.

“Oh, it is” she said.

I walked over to the pantry and brought back a small rectangular wrapped box.  

“Happy birthday!” I said handing it to her.  

“Th..th..thank you” was all she could manage. She opened the package and stared at it her mouth gaping open. It was a pair of earrings and a golden necklace.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” she said hugging me tightly.

“Cant breath” I said.

“Sorry” she said letting go of me. “You didn't have to get me something so expensive”

“It’s fine I still have a few hundred dollars left” I said.

“I’m sorry I didn't get you anything” she said putting her head down.

“It’s ok, you'll just have to make it up to me some time”

“Have you eaten” I asked.

“No” she said.

“Come on ill cook you up some breakfast” I said turning around.

I led her to the kitchen and had her sit down at the table. I started to make some eggs and sausage when I remembered Rider .

“Mmm, that smells good” Ashely said. “When did you learn to cook”

“About a year ago when mom was sick” I said.

“Oh, I didn't know she was sick” she said.

“I just never told you” I replied.

“Why” Ashely saked.

“Because you worry about us too much you didn't need the extra stress”

I set her plate right in front of her and sat down with my own.  

“So what do you want to do today, it is your first time here” I said while smiling at her.    

“You have to show me around town” she said.

“Ok fine with me” I said.

We finished up and I cleaned of the pan I used. I went to the back fridge and grabbed a big piece of raw meat and stuck it in a bag.

“What’s that for” Ashely saked.

“I have to drop it off at a meat cellar before we go” I said.

“Ok”

We walked a mile or two to the warehouse that Rider  was in.

“Wait out here” I said facing Ashely.

“All right” she replied.

I opened the door with the key and walked in. As usual Rider  was in the far corner of the warehouse.

“Rider  i’m here with breakfast” I announced.

“Finally” Rider  said.

“Here you go” I said tossing the meat into the air.

“You're getting the hang of that red eyes thing aren't you” Rider  said.

“Yep, sorry can't stay long I have to go walk my twin sister around the town” I said.

“You have a twin sister?” Rider  asked.

“Yeah tell you about it latter” I said walking to the door.

I walked outside and found my sister talking on the phone she hung up when she saw me.

“Time to go” I said.

We walked around the town and I showed her all the best places to go eat.

“I bet I can stil kick your but at basketball” She said.

“Doubt it” I said.

“Ok let’s play” she said.

I led her to the park and grabbed a ball as we walked past my house. We arrived at the park at twelve.

“We should get something to eat” I said.

“How about we play a game and loser buys lunch” she said.

“Fine by me”

We played for an hour and Ashely was beating me by six points.

“Just give up” she said.

“Never” I replied.

We kept playing and she beat me seventeen to five.

“I guess you paying for lunch” Ashely said.

“Guess s……” I was cut off to the sound of Zach’s voice.

“Hey babe I’ll pay for your lunch”  Zach said.

“Who are you?” ashely asked.

“I’m Zach Tenner, your future” Zach said. “Oh yeah and nickole you can leave now”  

“What did you call me” I said.

“Come on girl were going to lunch” Zach said.

“No” Ashely said.

“Grab her” Zach said.

Max and john moved forward they shoved me to the ground. Then Ashely punched max in the face and he didn't move one bit.

“Why you!” Max yelled.

They grabbed Ashely by both arms.

“Let me go!” Ashely yelled.

“Bring here hear” Zach said.

They brought Ashely towards Zach and he raised her head by putting his hand on her chin. Then I broke.

“AAAAAAA” I yelled

I stood up and raised my head. Zach and his gang looked at me then they took a few steps back. The look of fear was obvious in there faces. I knew that my eyes had turned red but I didn't care. I ran at them I punched Zach right in the nose and he collapsed into a ball on the ground.

“Ok release her” Zach yelled. “Just don't hurt me”

John shoved Ashely to the ground next to me but that just made me angrier. Zach and his brother turned to run but it was too late I was already in front of them. I jumped and kicked John in the chin and he was knocked out. I then grabbed Zach by the shirt and pressed him up against the the goal post and raised him off his feet. I raised my fist to strike.

“STOP!”

I turn to see Ashely off her feet holding my arm back.

“What are you doing” I grumbled out.

“What are you doing” Ashely said back.

I then realized what had just happened and I started to calm down. I set zach down and he ran off. I could feel the extra strength fading as my eyes turned blue again. I turned and faced Ashely.

“Thank you for stopping me” I said.

“What was that your eyes” She said.

I immediately looked down.

“Come on tell me” she kept nagging.

“It’s nothing you could understand” I said in a harsher tone than I meant.

Ashely backed up a bit. “Come on let’s get you home” she said.

We walked about half way when I saw someone walking towards me. Brandon!

Chapter 6

No more secrets

“Brandon!” I yelled. My outburst apparently startled Ashely because she jumped then looked to where I was looking.

As soon as brandon heard that he came running at me.

“Nick” Brandon yelled.

“How you doing buddy I haven't seen you in months” I said.

“Good, oh and Nick” Brandon said.

“Yeah”

“Who’s the girl hanging onto your arm”

“Oh this is my twin sister Ashely” I said. “Ashely this is brandon”

“Hello madam” Brandon said offering his hand.

“Hello” Ashely said while shaking his hand.

“Ok that’s it for introduction’s” I said pulling their hands apart.

“What do you need Brandon” I asked.

“Can I talk to you alone” he said.

“Yeah sure” I replied.

We walked a little bit away so Ashely could not hear us.

“I came to tell you it’s almost done just another month or two” he said.

“I thought it would take a year, it’s only been six months” I said.

“I skipped a few steps” he said.

“Ok when will you tell me what it is?” I asked.    

“Ill tell you when everything is ready” Brandon said. “I have to go now”

“Ok, see you man” I said.

I walked back over and stood next to Ashely.

“What were you guy’s talking about” She asked.

I thought up a quick lie. “Uh, he said you were cute”

“Oh really” Ashely said.

“Yeah that’s what he said” I replied. “Well let's get going”

We walked till we were right in front of my house. I was about to walk in when I noticed Ashely had stopped.

“When will you tell me” She said as I turned around.

“Tell you what” I replied.

“The truth I can tell that you're lying” she said.

“I don’t know what you mean” I said.

“I mean about your eyes, you didn't think I saw them. They were red for goodness sake!” she yelled.

I was about to say something when she spoke again.

“And this time no more lies” she said.  

“I had hoped you didn't see that” I said.

“Well I did now tell me the truth” she said.

“Ok fine come with me” I said.

I led her back to the warehouse wear I dropped of the meat.

“Why are we here?” she asked.

“I wasn't dropping of meat” I said. “I was seeing a friend”

“Oh, my; you're doing drugs aren't you” she said.

“What no” I replied.

“Then what are we doing here” Ashely asked.

“Follow me” I said.

I opened the door and led her to the back of the warehouse. I stopped when we neared the corner where Ryder was.  

I turned and locked my eyes with her’s “Ashely meet my friend Rider”

Just then Rider came out of the shadow’s and stood at full height.

“Hello” Rider said.

“Aaaaahhhh!” Ashely screamed.

She started to run but I caught onto her arm.

“Let me go!, get me away from that monster” she screamed.

“That monster has a name and it’s Rider he’s also my friend” I said calmly. She stopped struggling.

“What?” she said.

“This is my friend” I said.

“But he’s a, a, a” she started to say.

“A dragon” I said.

“Dragon’s don't exist or else we would know about them” she said.

“There’s only one dragon right now and I hid him since he hatched but there's also many other beast’s” I explained.

“Them why don’t we see them” she asked.

“Because there's very few of them” I said. “Did you see the news where they were showing all those pictures of weird creatures”

“Yeah” she said.

“Those are all beast’s”

I had her sit down on a crate that was nearby. I spent the next few hours explaining what and how this happened. I told her about beast tamers and about all the beast. The only thing I left out was the nian.

“So let me get this straight, you're something called a beast tamer and so is Brandon” Ashely said.

“Yeah” I replied.

“And there are all these beasts out there that you can make your freind” she said.

“Yeah” I said again.

“But if you're a beast tamer then wouldn't that make me one to” she said.

“I don’t think that’s how it works” I said.

“Well how do we know” she said.

“I guess we'll have to try something then” I said.

“What?” she asked.

“You're going to try to control Rider” I said.

“Uh, ok” she said.

“Rider you hear that!” I yelled.

“Yep” said Rider as he stood up.

“Ok, walk in front of him and lock eye’s” I instructed.

Ashely did what she was told.

“Now what?” she asked.

“Now tell him to do something” I said.

“Un ok, Rider sit” she said almost in a whisper.

“You have to use a commanding voice” I said.

“OK I got this”, “Rider sit!” she yelled.

I motioned for him to sit and he did.

“I did it, hey nick I” Ashely said but she was cut off by my laughter.

“Hahahahaha” I laughed.

Rider also laughed but it was more of a growl.

“What’s so funny” Ashely asked.

“You actually thought you did it” I said in a sing song voice.

“What do you mean?” she asked sternly.

“I mean when you told rider to sit, I actually made him sit not you” I said.

“Very funny” she said.

Ashely came over to hit me outside the head but my phone started to ring. I fished it out and read the text from Brandon. It was two words.

“What does it say?” Ashely asked.

“Phoenix news” I said in a whisper.  

Chapter 8

Phoenix

“I'm sorry but I have to go, I'll call if I need you Rider” I said before rushing out of the building. I quickly called Brandon.

“What do you mean by phoenix” I asked.

“I mean, the phoenix was spotted downtown” Brandon said.

“Ok first of all why did you need to tell me this second why have one of these creatures only just now shown up?” I asked.

“Ok, first of all it’s setting things on fire and I don’t know why they're showing up now” Brandon said.

“So what do you want me to do about it?” I asked in a rhetorical way.

“Well you could tame it” Brandon said in the same tone.

“Well why do I have to” I asked.

“Because I said so” he said.

“Ok, ok, I'll do it” I replied. “Now tell me where is it”

“Uh at a gas station” he replied.

“Oh crap

“Well hurry” Brandon said ushering me away.

Brandon gave me directions but it was five miles away. I started to run but found it was to slow so I activated my beast tamer abilities and ran faster. I reached the station in only ten minutes, But it was too late the station was already in flames. I checked my surroundings and saw that there were very little civilians. That was good which meant I could act however I needed.

“Do you need me to come” I heard Rider ask in my head.

“Not right now but it looks like I might” I replied.

I looked for a way in and found a less lit place in the back, so like the smart person I am I entered the flaming building.

I looked around for a bit but found nothing.

“Any ideas” I asked Rider.

“Check near the center” Rider replied.  

I had no idea how long I looked but the building seemed ready to collapse on. I just about left when I heard something. I started moving towards the sound and recognized it as a voice and not just any voice Ashley's.

“Help!” I heard her scream over and over again.

I started moving towards her voice but ran when I heard some crashing of wood up ahead.

“Ashely! Ashelyyyy!” I kept yelling.

I reached a barrier of fallen wood and metal. I noticed there was a place I could see through so I took a look. There was Ashely on the ground in a passed out heap and then I saw the phoenix in the corner lit up like the fourth of july. It was hard to tell it’s size because of the fire but it looked red and was about two feet tall.

I found a weak point in the barrier and punched it with all my might and it exploded with a loud boom! and the pieces went everywhere.

“Caaaaa!”

I turned to see the phoenix coming towards me.

“Stay back” I said with all my courage but it cept advancing.

I noticed some heated metal and discarded it till I read the label. OIL. Just then the can of oil exploded. I ran and blocked the shrapnel from hitting Ashely   and a shrapnel went into my leg, back, and arm.

“Nick!” Rider said in my head.

“What! Rider” I screamed in my head.

“Brandon said he forgot to tell you something about beast tamers” Rider said.

“What!” I said still covering Ashley's body.

“They can take on an attribute of their beast if the bond is strong enuff” Rider said.

“So!” I replied.

“Think of me” Rider said.

I smiled realizing what he was getting at. I stood up ready to face the phoenix. I started to walk towards it.

“You obey me” I said in a commanding voice.  

It suddenly opened it’s mouth and launched a volley of flames at me. They all hit me and were burning my shirt but not my skin.

“YOU OBEY ME!” I screamed at the top of my lung’s.

Then the phoenix took a few more steps and bowed its head to me.

“Good, now put out the fire” I commanded.

The phoenix started to absorb the fire around it till there was nothing left but smoke. I could finally see it clearly it was red with a yellow beak and blue eyes and was about two feet tall.

“Good” I said.

“Now I heard that your tears can heal” I said.

The phoenix nodded it’s head.

“Can you heal my wounds please” I asked.

After it had healed me I remembered Ashely.

I told the phoenix not to start fires and to stay there while I carried Ashely to the hospital. I checked her in. I went got the phoenix and brought it back to the warehouse and Brandon was there.

“What happened” he asked.

“I tamed the phoenix” I said. I decided to leave out Ashely.

“Cool where is it!” he asked.

The phoenix came down from a window at the top of the warehouse.

“What are you going to call him” Brandon asked.  

“I think…..Flame” I said.

“Plain but short ok i'm good with it” he said. “By the way how did you tame it it should have burnt you”

“I guess like you said I gained an attribute from Rider” I replied.

“WHAT! How!” he asked.  

“I don’t know” I said.

“I mean it’s possible but very rare” Brandon said.

“How rare?” I asked.

“Well i've been with tooth for a years and I haven't even done it”

“Oh that is rare I guess” I said.

“So what did you get a tail, fire breath, or teeth” Brandon said eagerly.

“I’m now fireproof” I said.

“That explains how you tamed him” he said. “Unless you're lying”

“Flame hit me” I commanded.

Flame then opened his mouth and launched flames at my chest and none of them hurt. No burnt skin, No pain just a tickling feeling.

“Awesome” Brandon said.

“I know” I said smiling.

“So I think it’s time you explain your plan” I said.

“I think so too” Brandon said.

“So what’s the plan?” I asked.

“Well it includes the ocean, you see it can't swim” Brandon said.

“Then why is it a problem” I asked.  

“Because in water it can make a monsoon” Brandon said.

“What!, you never told me that!” I screamed at him.       

“I didn’t know” Brandon said.

“Well let's get started I said smiling”

Chapter 9

The Wolf

It was late at night and I was walking down a path in a dog park. I took out my phone and went over the email I got from Brandon.

Nick I wanted to tell you this full moon the werewolf should transform so I want you to look for it and tame it. It was last spotted at the dog park.

“Dang nammit Brandon why do I have to keep looking for the beasts” I said to myself angrily. Unfortunately Ashely decided to tag along.  

“Why you so angry this is cool” She said.

“Because last time you almost died” I said. She moved a foot closer to me.

“Well now you're right next to me what could possibly go wrong” she said.

“A lot of things” I said quietly.

“What was that” She said.

“Nothing” I said almost sadly

Then we heard something howling it sounded like a. Wolf!

Ashely started running towards the sound but it was too late the werewolf burst out of a bush.

“ASHELY!” I screamed. I quickly used my power to run fast enough to get in front of her but it had already opened its jaws and bit me in the hip instead of her.

“Ahhhhhhh!” I screamed.

“NIck what was that?” she asked.

“I didn't get a clear look but my guess is the werewolf” I replied.

“You're hurt!” she yelped.

“Yeah I a………..” As soon as I said that I fainted.

I had no idea how long I was out but It looked like I woke up in the middle of the night. I walked downstairs and found Ashely and Brandon sitting at the table. They looked up when I entered the room.

“How you doing” Ashely asked.

“I’m fine, no pain at all” I said to reassure her.

“What?” Ashely asked that’s not possible.

“Hu why?” I asked.

“You were only out for a couple of hours” she said.

“It was the Phoen…...” Brandon said. He stopped when he remembered Ashely.

“The Phoenix” Ashely said smiling.

“You don't seem weirded out by that” Brandon said to shely.

“I told her everything” I interrupted.

“You weren't supposed to do that” Brandon said angrily.

“She saw my eyes turn red, I had no choice, plus what was I supposed to do let her think I take drugs” I said in the same tone Brandon used.

“Did you tell her about the nian” Brandon said.

I cringed my face as Ashely looked at me “no”.  

“Tell me what is the nian” Ashely said.

“It’s a beast that if not stopped now will destroy the city” I replied taking a few steps towards the door.

“And you found it ok not to tell me this” She said angrily taking a few steps towards me.

“You had enuff to take in I didn’t want you to worry” I said closing my hand around the door nob.

“NICK!” she yelled.

I immediately opened the door and started to run but she caught be by my shirt and pulled me back.

“You're still hurt you need some rest” she said.

“Wait I need to tell him the rest of the plan” Brandon said.

“Then do it quickly” Ashely said sternly.

Brandon took a step back. “OK” he said hesitantly “we need Rider to pick up the nian and in the process we will reveal ourselves”

Ashely let go of my shirt.

“You know how many people would freak” Ashely said.

“Yea but it’s the only way” Brandon said.

“I have the feeling you're going to leave again so where are we meeting?” I asked.            

“Wait I should get a say….” she started to say but Brandon interrupted.

“Hole in the rock tomorrow, with our beasts” he replied.

“OK now listen here” Ashely said but I ignored her.  

“It’s a plan” I said.

“Will any of you listen” Ashely said.

Then Brandon walked out the door.

Chapter 10

The wolf's mark

I woke up at seven thirty in the morning to get ready for the trip. I had already packed the night before with food and cooking supplies. I was ready to go at eight but I waited for Ashely who got down at eight thirty.

“Time to go” I said as soon as she sat down.

“No breakfast?” she asked.

“Well get something on the way” I replied. “Noe go pack”

She walked back up the stairs and came down with her case.

“That was fast” I said.

“I packed last night” she replied.

I moved out of the way revealing my bag.

“So did I” I said.

We left at nine and started to walk to the warehouse.

“Why are we going to the warehouse?” Ashely asked.

“You'll see” I said.

We got there and walked in.

“Rider you ready!” I yelled.

Rider came out of the corner and laid down.

“Ye I am” he said.

I saw Ashely eyeing his back.

“A saddle!” she yelled. “You're going to ride him”

“We both are, it has two seat’s” I said.

“No way she’s getting on me” Rider said.

I made a stern look at him.

“Ok fine” he said.

We walked to his neck but Rider swept his tail at Ashely to trip her and before I knew it I was holding the tail back with my bare hand. The weird part was my eyes didn’t burn like they usually do.

“Did you see my eyes” I asked Rider in my head.

“Yes they were not red” he replied.

“That’s weird” I said back.

“Should we tell Brandon?” he asked.

“No well ignore it for now” I replied.

“We going?” Ashely asked.

“Yeah get on the back” I said.

I helped Ashely get on the back seat. Then I went and opened the doors. Rider walked over and stuck hi head out.

“Off we go” he said.

Then he stepped all the way out and stretched his wings.

“Hold on” Rider said.

Then he pushed off and flapped his wings. Then we were off. We rose quickly getting in the cover of the cloud’s.

“Can you go any faster?” I asked.

Rider immediately sped up.

We reached hole in the wale about an hour later. I had noticed that Ashely fell asleep halfway through so once we landed I set up camp and laid her down in a blanket.

“I'll be back at dark” I said to Rider.

“Were you going?” he asked.

“Town” I said then I ran down the mountain for a straight thirty minutes. Then I walked the rest of the day. I reached town about noon. So I stopped by a place to get a lunch. I ate three beef sandwiches and two stakes. Once I was done I paid the bill and walked outside. I was walking down the sidewalk when someone bumped into me.

“Watch where you're going” the person said.

“So….” I started to say as I turned around but stopped myself when I saw it was a girl.

She had hair that looked red in sunlight but the shadows on her hair made it look like a dirty blond. She looked about my age and wore jeans and a T-shirt. Then I said something stupid.

“Your pocket’s have m&m’s in them” I said. The weird thing was it was true I could smell them. She looked at me interestingly then turned and walked away.

My gaze followed her till she walked onto the street. I turned to leave but I heard a car coming down the street I turned to see the girl right in it’s path. I started to run but my power wasn't activating. I kept running.

“Look out!” I yelled.

She turned to look at me but I was to far away. The car was getting closer then suddenly my speed increased but my eyes didn’t burn.

I landed on top of her on the sidewalk.

“Sorry” I said quickly. I got up off of her and offered my hand.

“Thank’s” she said taking my hand.

“That was close” I said.

“How did you run that fast?”

“i'm just a fast runner” I replied.

“Oh ok” she said. “Well since you saved me I guess i’ll treat you to food” she said emphasizing food.   

“Sure” I replied.

“Ok I get to chose the place” she said.

“Fine by me” I replied.

“Come on” she said taking my hand and pulling me across the street.

We ended up at this stake house with five thirty two oz. stakes.

“This is a lot of food” I said.

“I can eat a lot” she said.

The thing was she could eat a lot she had three of them. The waiter came and gave us the bill then left. She started to take out her wallet.

“I've got it” I said taking out my own.

“No it’s ok I can pay” she replied.

“I insist” I said.

I put my credit card into the pocket then the waiter picked it up.

“You never told me your name” I said.

“People only give there names if they intend to meet again, do you intend that?” she asked.  

“Maybe” I replied.

“Im Mary” she said.

“Nick” I replied.      

“Well nick thank’s for paying” she said.

The waiter came back and I retrieved my credit card. We walked outside together and down the street then a van pulled up and a guy with a gun came out.

“Get in the car” he said.

“Not wise to mess with me man” I replied.

“Just get in” he said.

I got in with the three other guy’s in there two of them in cuff’s. The other had a gun. The first guy got in and drove down to a abandoned train station. He led us down and but us against the wall.

“Check them” one of the guy’s holding the gun said.

The other one started patting down everyone and taking their wallet’s. When he got to Mary he put a metal chain around her neck and chained her to the wall.

“Oooo. what’s this” the guy said fingering a necklace around Mary’s neck.

“Please don't” she pleaded.

“The guy ripped it off and stuck it in his pocket. Then he unlocked all of us except for Mary.

“Go” she said quietly to me.

“No” I said back.

When the guy untied me I lept into action. I ripped the guy's gun out of his hand then hit him against the wall knocking him out.      

“Stop!” said the other guy pointing the gun at me.

I kept walking towards him.

“Stop or I shoot” he said.

I didn't stop.

BANG!.  

The gun went off but somehow I dodged the bullet went right past me into the other guy who had stood up. The guy started to back up till he was on the edge about to go into the tracks. I noticed a water pipe above me. I jumped grabbed onto it and swung and kicked him across to the other side of the tracks.

“How did you” Mary asked as I walked over to her.

I reached up and grabbed the metal chain.  

“Dont” Mary said.

I grabbed it anyway. I felt all my strength left me. I pulled on it with both hands anyway.

“You can't break it it’s silver”  Mary said.

“Watch me” I replied.

I felt the familiar burning in my eyes when they turn red and smiled.

“AAAHHH!” I screamed. The chain broke.

“Your eye’s there red” Mary said.

“Yeah don’t ask” I replied.

“Your a beast tamer” she said.

“How did you, are you a beast tamer to?” I asked.

“No i'm a beast” she said.

“HAHAHAHA” I laughed.

“It’s true” she said.

“Oh yeah then what kind of beast are you?” I asked.

“I'm a werewolf” she said.  

My laughing immediately stopped.

“What?” I said.

“I'm a werewolf” she said again.

“Were you ever in santan” I asked.

“Yes why?” she asked.

I took off my shirt and showed the scar from the bite.

“I was bitten” I said.

“You should be fine beast tamer’s are immune to werewolf bites” she said.

“Well at least I know why I couldn't use my power” I said.

“Why?” she asked.

“Im now a werewolf” I said.

“That’s impossible” she said.

“Well tell me, i've had extra strength without my eyes turning red, speed, agility, hearing, and smell” I said.

“Uh don’t know if you really are a werewolf then we need to get you somewhere safe” she said.

“Why last night was the full moon” I said.

“When were you bit?” she asked.

“Last night” I said.

“Ok when you get bit on a full moon you turn the next day” she said.

“Oh” what time is it” I asked.

“About night” she said.

“I have to get back to my camp” I said.

“No time” she said.

“Where's the closest park” I asked.

“Three blocks from here” she said.

“Take me” I said.

“It’s to open” she said.

“Just take me” I said.

“Ok” she said.

The led me to a pig open park with only a few scattered trees but it was already night.

“This is useless” she said.

“Just wai…..” I started to say.

“Roooooooor!”

Rider landed right in front of me.

“What is that” Mary asked.

“My dragon now get on” I said.

“I can't come with you” she said.         

“Your a beast and i'm a beast tamer” I said grabbing the silver chain around her neck. “You have been tamed” I said.

Mary smiled and got onto the same seat as me and put her arms around my waist.

“Hold on” I said.

Then rider lifted into the air and headed towards the camp site.

When we landed Mary went limp around me.

I picked her up bridal style and dropped onto the ground.

“Nick about time...Who’s that” Ashely asked.

“Her names mary” I replied I sat her against a tree and ripped the chain off her. Mary immediately opened her eye’s.

“Where am I” she asked.

“At my camp” I replied.

“We need to tie you up” she said.

“What’s going on?” Ashely asked.

“I’ll get the rope” I said.

“No use the chain” Mary said.

“Ok” I but the chain around my neck right at the same time the moon hit.

“AAAAAHHHH” I screamed.

“Nick!” Ashely said coming towards me.      

“Get back!” I yelled.

Ashely took a few steps back.

I blacked out to the sound of Ashely screaming.

Chapter 10

Everything Is wrong

I woke up to the feel of Mary’s hand on my forehead. I opened my eyes and found my head was on her lap.

“Good morning” I said.

“Good morning” she replied back.

“What happened last night?” I asked.

“Like I said you turned” she said.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“Yes I am” she said.

I noticed a hair hanging over her eye and I reached my hand up to brush it out of her face when I saw my hand it was furry with claws.

“Why is my hand like that?” I asked.

“I don't know?” Mary replied.

She took my hand with her own and it turned back.

“I think you were panicking” she said.

I was about to object when Rider spoke.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah i'm fine why?” I asked.

It was Mary that answer.

“It’s just that you didn’t look like a regular werewolf last night” what do you mean.

“You had white fur and a red streak down your back with red eyes” she replied. “Not like a regular werewolf”

“Well what does a regular werewolf look like?” I asked.

“Didn't you see me in santan?” she asked.

“It was to dark to see” I answered.

“Well usually there brown or black with blue eyes”

I sat up. I noticed the chain was broken.

“Why is the chain broken” I asked.

“You broke out of it” she replied.

“Hoe? And why?” I asked.

“A beast tried to kill your sister and you went all berserk” she said.

“Then how am I right here?” I asked.

“I knocked you out after you drove the beast out” she said.

“Has anyone else come here yet?” I asked.

“Are you meeting someone here?” she asked.

“Yeah my friend he’s another beast tamer” I replied.

“What kind of best does he have” she asked.

“A Basilisk” I said.

She looked afraid after I said that do I asked her again. “What happened last night?”  

“The beast that came in here it looked like a large snake” she answered.

“It must have been a different snake” I said.

“It wasn't” she said.

“Are you implying that my own friend tried to attack me” I said.

“There can only be in basilisk at a time” she said.

“Now listen he….” I started to say when rider soke.

“It’s true” he said in a sad voice.

“What” I said looking even angrier.

“And I can confirm it the basilisk that attacked last night was his” Rider said.

I started to cry.

“He couldn't have” I said.

Flame came down and landed on my shoulder.

“A phoenix” Mary said.

“Yeah what about it” I said angrily.

“It’s just that it’s body temperature is three hundred degrees and it’s not burning you” she said.

“Im fire proof because of Rider” I replied.

“Oh, cool” she said.

I just gave her a sneer.

“There's no way Brandon would attack me” I said.

“I’m sorry” Rider said.

“Yeah well I wont belive it till I see it”

“Nick” Ashely said walking up to me.

“I’m not supposed to tell you but me and Brandon have been in contact while you were gone” she said.

“And” I said the sneer on my face.

“He, he, he, he’s not himself” she said.

“What do you mean?” I asked the sneer disappearing on my face.

“He kept talking about this great power he was going to achieve” she said.

“Do you know what it is” I asked.

“No I don't” she said looking like she was about to cry.

“I do” Mary said.

“What is it?” I asked.

“He want’s to be like you a werewolf” she said.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because remember what you did even though your eyes weren't red” she said.

“Yeah” I replied.

“Imagine if you also used your red eyes while using the wolf’s power” she said.

“Oh but he never talked about it before” I said. “Let’s just drop it for now”

“Nick” said Ashely.

“What?” I said nervously.

“You never told me, WHO IS THIS GIRL!” she screamed.

I quickly backed up.

“Leave him alone, and who do you think you are talking to a beast tamer like that” Mary said.

“IM his sister!” Ashely screamed.

“Im his beast” Mary said.

“Oh you look like one all right” Ashely said.    

“What did you say” Mary said.

“Oh you heard me” Ashely said.

“Stop it” I said stepping in between them.

“HAHAHAHAHA!” they both laughed.

“Well I guess that’s a side effect” Mary said.

“What!” I asked.

“Look at your but” Ashely said.

I looked back at my behind and jumped ten feet in the air. Literally. It was. A tail!.

“Why is that there!” I screamed.

“Oh yea male werewolf's keep their tails” Mary said.

“Why didn't you tell me” I Said.

“Because I thought it would be funny” Mary said. “And it was”

“Sit” I said.

She sat down.

“No fare” she said.

“No fair, i'm in charge so you have to listen” I replied.

“Hahahahahahaha” Ashely laughed.

“It’s not funny I can't resist” she said.

“Actually it’s pretty funny” I said.  

“Grrrrrrrr” she growled.

“And no growling” I said. She immediately shut up.

“Hahahahahaha” Me and Ashely laughed.

Chapter 11

Betrayed

We spent almost a week in the mountains looking for Brandon but turned nothing up. So we all headed home.

“It’s time for me to leave” Ashely said.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because I’ve been away for too long” she said.

“Why won't you ever tell me where you've been?” I asked.

“Not right now Nick” she said.

“No! Now I have to know!” I yelled.

“I, I, I, i can't tell you” she said.

She turned and ran out the door I just stood there in silence.  I decided to let her be when I heard her back out of the drive way with her car. I walked over to the table and sat down. Mary walked into the room.

“She forgot her bags” she said.

“Not right now” I replied.

“What are you sad she left” Mary said in a mocking tone.

I raised my head and gave her an angry look.

“Go to the basement” I ordered.

Mary left the room but then ran back in and stood behind me. I heard the brake of the windows and I stood up. Just then a large snake head came around the corner with someone on top. BRandon!.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“It sounded like you didn't believe that I tried to kill your sister” he said.

“You mean you actually tried” I asked.

“Yes I did but for some reason tooth’s stair didn't work!” he yelled angrily.

“Get out” I said.

“Make me” he said jumping down from tooth's back into the shadow’s.

“You don't want to fight me” I said.

“Oh yes I heard that you got a she wolf” he said.”oh is that her behind you hiding, she'll die all the same.”

“Why do you want me dead” I asked.

“You really don't know do you” he said. “You really haven't figured it out yet.”

“What!” I screamed. “What have I not figured out”

“There's a reason why I only have tooth, it’s that I can only control one beast at a time” he said.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I mean a beast tamer can only control one beast at a time” he said stepping out of the shadows.

When Brandon stepped out Mary went all the way to the wall.  

“What’s wrong?” I asked mary. She didn't answer.

“You're dead! you're dead! you can't be alive” she screamed.

“But I am” Brandon said.

“What’s going on Brandon?” I asked.

“That’s not brandon” Mary said.

“What?” I said.

“You finally know” Brandon said.

“who are you!” I yelled.

“Who do you think sent you all those letters” he said.

“Mary answer me who is he” I asked.

“I don't know brandon died eight years ago” she said.

Tooth started to move forward.  

“Then answer me what else can trigger a change” I asked.” and how long will I have control”

“A fatal wound and for about two minutes”  she said.

I ran at the snake and it lashed its teeth at me but I dodged right. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. I held it to my throught.

“What do you think you're doing!”

I turned to see my mom standing in the doorway.

“Put that down” she said.

“Sorry mom” I said before slicing my neck open.  

“NICK!” I heard my mom scream.

She ran up and knelt above me.     

“Get away” I said.

“What” she said.

“I said GET AWAY!” I screamed.

My mom backed off. I could feel myself changing my throat heeling, my bones molding, and claws coming.

“Ahhhhhhh!” I heard my mom scream.

I turned to the mirror and looked at myself. I grew a good feet my head was a woolfs and my body was now bulky and muscular with white hair coming out of riped parts of my shirt. There was a red dot in between my two red eyes.

“You think that will help you” the fake Brandon said.

“You better pray it won't” I said in a voice between my own and a growl.

“Get him tooth” the fake brandon ordered.

Tooth came from the doorway and lashed at me with his teeth. Tooth’s jaws were about to close around me when I put my claws on both side’s of his mouth and held it open. I jumped out of his mouth and the mouth clamped shut.

“AHHHHHHHH!” I heard my mom scream again.

The snake herd her to and turned and charged her.

It was about on her when I got in the way. I placed both my hand’s on the snake's nose. It was about two times the size of me but I was able to stop it. The snake reeled back and opened it’s mouth. But closed when it turned.

I looked passed it and saw Mary holding onto it’s tail with her claws.

“STOP!” I yelled at her.

It was too late the snake launched her out a window. I then lost control.

I ran at the snake and ripped part of it’s tail of it turned and opened it’s mouth again.

“Your fur is not fireproof” The fake brandon said.

The snake launched fire at me and it started to burn m but I remembered my phoenix.

“FLAME!” I screamed.

I heard a caw from inside the snake. I regained control after that.

“What do you think I am stupid, my basilisk isn't fireproof” The fake brandon said laughing.

“RIDER!” I screamed.

I saw the look of fear on his face. He forgot about Rider.

The flames just about hit me when I jumped out a window. The snake followed braking a good portion of the wall.

“ROOOOOOOOOOOOR!” I heard from Rider.       

The snake was in mid air when Rider picked it up. The snake started to blow flames at Rider but like a dragon it didn't hurt him.

“Get flame out of there” I said while turning back to human.

Rider used his claws to bring the basilisk to his mouth and he bit down and ripped it in half at the stomach. All the stomach intestines came out of it and among them was Flame I ran and caught him but he was unconscious. Dumb bird stupid time to reincarnate.

I then remembered Mary. I jumped the fence to our neighbors house and saw her at the bottom of the pool not moving. I jumped in and carried her to the top she had changed back by then so it wasn't difficult. I set her on the pavement outside the pool.

“Wake up” I said. “WAKE UP!” I screamed again but she still didn't move.

“Don’t kill me for this” I said.

I pluged her nose and started blowing air through her mouth into her lungs. I stopped and pumped on her chest I repeated this till she started coughing up water.

“Mary” I said.

“Did you just kiss me” she asked.

“It was just to save your life” I said quickly.

“Well thanks” she said sitting up.

“Is he gone” she asked.

“Rider is he gone” I asked in my head.

“Yes” he replied.

“Yes he is” I said.

“Good” she said resting her head on my shoulder.

I instinctively looked down at her and she looked up. She gave me a quick kiss and then rested her head on my chest.

“WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!” I heard my mother yell at me.

“Ill explain” I said.