Freedom: A Journey in Another World | Teen Ink

Freedom: A Journey in Another World

By Antokuya, Phoenix, Arizona
Antokuya, Phoenix, Arizona

Don't be someone, who you aren't suppose to be. Be who you truly are.

There I was, standing on top of the building, fighting my way out of this mess. Oto-sama is the CEO of a most worldwide known company and now I am appointed to inherited. Usually, I'm always calm, but today it's different. But today is different, today I'm raging with my anger for my selfish desire.

I wished for a life of freedom, not this mess.

I hate my life. I want to have my freedom.

Oto-sama's men are trying to bring me back to oto-sama. The doorway is blocked by them, I can't get through it. The anger rushes through me as I start to get even more frustrated.

"Get out of the way! I don't want to live a life that I don't desire!"

"Young master! This is for your own good. The future of this company is going to be in your hands and with your knowledge, the rate of success is high!"

I don't want to inherit this strict life and I don't choose to born this way, but I still want my privilege to do what I want.

As I back up, I lean my back to the bars on the edge of the roof.

Why? Why was I born into this world that I don't desire to live?

They started to rush toward me and caught me off guard. My feet slip off and fall off the roof.

"YOUNG MASTER!!.. Young Mas..."

The last thing I heard is their screams fading away slowly.

Did I died in that building,? Did I die out of my persistent?

Well, I guess this is one way I'll get my freedom.

Oto-sama and Tsusaki-san, I'll leave them behind. I'll be visiting okaa-sama soon. Sorry, Tsusaki-san, for forcing you to take my place.

......

Where am I? What happened? Oh, I fell from the building

It's too pitch black. All I can hear is an echo of a heart beating.

I open my eyes and see a clear blue sky,

"where am I? Is this heaven?"

"Did I actually receive the freedom I've starved for?"

I force myself to sit and take the view of the beautiful sight.

The fresh green grass and trees.

I am in paradise! I yearn for this freedom for so long.

For the first time in my life, I saw something beautiful other than those busy days with my father's company.

I stood up to wander around, but not too far from my current location.

What I saw is beyond my imagination.  A giant wall that blocking the outside world from the inside, and a giant gate that leads to only two paths in or out.

I was shocked to see a big castle on the hill and towns below it and also on the halfway of the hill. While my jaws are hang, I was trying to find for words, but I'm lost for words to see such a beautiful sight.

"Isn't...Is... Isn't that a castle on the hill?"

I should go and investigate the place and my current location. Yup, I should not forget to get me a place to sleep and eat, too.

And so I start to walk toward the castle. As I walk around, all I see is grass field and few amounts of trees.

Still, this place is beautiful. The land is filled with healthy green grass and the smell of fresh air.

--------------------------------change-------scene-----------------------------------------

I meet with two knights, wearing an armor. One is holding a sword and the other is a spear. One of the knights stop me and checked me out.

"Hold! What business do you have here? Identify yourself!"

I'm nervous because I'm not from this place but if I were to say that, I am not from this world, they would think that I'm mad.

I'll try not to provoke them. Well, it's strange that I can understand them.

"I'm just a traveler looking for a place to settle in for a while."

The knight checks around me and suddenly looks at me with suspicion.

Well, do they understand my language?

"May I ask you where are you from? And where did you get those clothes?"

The knight looks at me with a face of a suspicion.

"I'm sorry, I'm Antoku and I travel from country to country, during my traveling I was robbed by a bandit and left with nothing but this cloths. I found this castle within my sight and thought of settling in until I am prepared for my journey again. And kind knight, may I ask where is this place and how does economy works here?"

The knights start to talk to each other so I took my chance to look for the things that I've bought within my pocket and found my wallet, phone, earbuds, two guns, bullets, and few extra phone batteries.

Good thing I bought this many amounts of batteries and materials to run away from home.

I take a look in my wallet and found some money that I got from my father.

The knight stares at me silently.

"Before that, can I ask you something, traveler?"

The knight's voice gotten serious when we ask me that question.

"Yes, what may be your question?"

"Did you cause a bright light from over the way you came from or is it someone else?"

That could that be me when I arrived at this place. I better not let myself act suspiciously. And I can't let them know or else I'll get into deeper trouble.

"No sir, I do see a bright light, but I don't see who or what the cause of it."

As I answer the question, his face goes back to the way it normally was.

"And oh yes, what was the question you were asking again?"

"I'm just curious that how does economy works around here?"

"There are copper, silver, gold, and you can trade in the trading place in the center of the village. If you want to get to the trading place in the plaza, here is the map of the kingdom, traveler, welcome to Beltear!"

So this is a place called the Kingdom of Beltear, sound pretty fantasy world to me.

-------------------------------------change----------scene---------------------------------

I arrived to in the middle of the plaza, but where is the trading place?

I wander around and find no trading place.

Now I don't even know where am I. It sucks that I can't read anything.

"I'm totally lost..."

The alphabets seem to have strange characteristic and not any language I have known, but strangely, I can understand them speaking normally.

As I keep wandering around and found a place that looks like a place to trade. I enter in the place and saw a muscular guy standing behind the counter.

I don't want to mess with that guy. Or else I will turn into a thin paper.

I looked around and find a whole kind of items, materials, and armory.

This place looks dangerous and yet charming?

I begin to walk toward the buff guy with a serious place.

"Excuse me, sir. Is this a trading place?"

"New face, huh? Yes, you are in the right place."

And I start to ask him about how the kingdom works and ask him for some advice to survive here since I got nothing. I check my wallet and look at the money I have.

I wonder, do they use this money here? Probably not.

"Hey, new kid, if you would like you can trade that weird paper you have for a good price."

I took some of the money that I've from my wallet and show it to him.

"Do you mean this?"

The owner looks at it so curiously.

"I will pay you five silver for ten of these! Good deal ain't it?"

I do need the money from this kingdom so that I can survive. Maybe I can sell forty of my money to get twenty silver.

"Can I trade you forty of these for twenty silver?"

It will be great if I can persuade him to trade me for twenty silver since I need to go look for a place to stay and food to eat for now.

"Hmmm...... Not a bad deal. Okay, the deal is set!"

......Or... I don't even need to persuade him at all...

I trade my money for twenty silver and now I can at least survive. I ask him for few more information of this kingdom and outside of the kingdom. After hearing the information, I walk out of the store to find a place to settle in for some time.

----------------------------------change----------scene------------------------------------

Ten copper equal to one silver, huh? And ten silver equal to one gold. Not bad.

Looking at twenty silvers I have.

How long can I survive like this? I guess I'll ask someone for a place where I can stay for awhile. Yes, like a hotel or an inn.

I bump into someone we both fell down.

"I'm sorry, I was thinking of something and didn't notice you there."

"It's okay, it's also my fault for not noticing you there."

That voice, so she a girl? Shoot, I bumped into a girl?

Why is she wearing a cloak and covering the face?

I held out my hand to help her up.

"Here, grab my hand. I'll help you up."

The girl silently grabs my hand and forced herself up.

"Thank you, umm..."

"Antoku."

"Huh...?"

She looks at me confusingly.

"My name, I'm Kazuki Antoku, Antoku is my given name and Kazuki is my family name."

The girl looks at me and stares for a few seconds.

"Shina... My name."

"Shina, huh? That a pretty name."

Growl~~~~

I hear Shina's growling.

"Hahaha... I'll treat you something."

She is looking down at her feet with her red face.

"It's okay, I'm not that..."

Growl~~~~

"Sure. Sure, complain after your full. And by the way, do you know a place where you can eat and where you can stay, like an inn"

"Yes..."

Shina told me the direction of the inn.

"Thanks a lot, you really help me. Say, Shina, let go eat something. I'll treat you for helping me."

"It's okay, you don't need to concern yourself with me."

"Don't say that. You help me out, so I'll treat you."

I grab onto Shina's hand and went to the direction of the inn.

-----------------------------change-------------scene--------------------------------------

"Wow, there are so many things to order."

Shina looks at the food menu after I register a room for a month.

"Hehe~~~ Pick what you want to eat. I'll buy it for you."

Shina's face started to turn red.

"Thank you..."

Well, I'm left with ten silvers and three coppers. Gotta find more money.

I stare at Shina's face as she stuffs her food into her mouth, remind me of my younger sister.

Thinking it back, now she is already so mature. Man, I miss those days when she was clingy toward me.

"So, Shina, where do you live? And why does a beautiful lady like yourself growling?"

"Sh... shut up!"

Shina's face started to blush and looking down at her feet.

"It's none of your concern, mind your own business!"

"Okay, okay, sorry for asking. It just that you look like you got nowhere to go or no place to stay. It worries me that something might happen to you."

Her face started to blush again and she looks so cute.

"I don't have a place to go. I escape today from my home. I'll tell you only on one condition. If you promise not to tell anyone then I'll tell you."

"Sure...?"

I'm starting to get confusing.

"I'm only telling you since you fed me and you don't look like a citizen of this kingdom. My name is Mashiro Wispher Beltear, I am the first princess of this kingdom. Do... Don't get me wrong! I'm only telling you this because you bought me stuff to eat. You... You promise me not to report on me."

"What?! So, you're telling me, that all this time, a princess is with me?"

"Shh...!! Don't be too loud. They will hear us."

--------------------------change-----------------scene-----------------------------

Grabbing me by my hand, Shina run straight to our rented room in the inn.

"But, princess, why are you dress like this and why did you escape?"

"Call me Shina out in public. We will catch others' attention"

"So? What happen? Why are you on the run?"

Shina hesitated for a bit.

"I want freedom. I want to live how I want and live without restriction."

My eyes opened wide as if I heard something similar to me had happened.

"Freedom, huh?"

I started to chuckle to hear that same word coming from someone else.

"Wha... What?! What's so funny? Are you making fun of me? I still have the royal seal, if you don't believe me."

"It nothing like that. It's just, I was surprised to hear my own words from someone else other than myself."

Shina looks at me with a surprised face.

"You? Want a peaceful life?"

Shina's expression changed. She looks at me with an angry face.

"Don't you know how busy a princess is? Do you know how much I have to isolate myself from my work as a first princess? And do you also  know what's like to be forced to marry someone who you don't even know of?"

"I might not know anything about a princess works, but I do know how it feels to be isolated from my works. I was rather forced to isolate myself from everything, other than the future of my father works."

Shina's expression changes again. She looks at me with guilt.

"I'm... I... I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude or anything. I've spoken such harsh words to you. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Shina. I know how you feel. I know the feeling of loneliness. I know the feeling of that there are many things you've missed."

Shina looks at me as she whimper and embraces me with the feeling of sorrows.

Though, all she wants is to be free.

Like a caged bird, trap within. Isolated from the outside world.

I know how she feels, I know what she desires.

I look at her sorrowed face.

"Princess, will you come to join me on my journey towards freedom?"

"To where?"

"I might not know where yet, but that too, is what I'm searching for."

"Are you sure? You know that I might hold you back."

"It's okay."

"I don't know if I'll be of any use, but...Thank You!"

Shina smiles out of her joys. She looks so bright and warm.

A few hours later, we discuss our escape plan from the kingdom. While the whole kingdom is searching for their princess. It was a brilliant idea to change her hair color temporary. First, we decided to stay low before we start our journey.

It's been two months since I met with the kingdom's lost princess. She's always so kind and beautiful. I wanted to always show her how I have really loved her, but I let it put it behind me. For this 2 months, I work myself to death and train my sword skills and learned few new magic, so that I can protect my princess from danger. Today is the day, the day that Mashiro and I set out for our journey.

Damn, she looks so pretty in her new clothes. She is wearing mostly jade colored. But she better put on the cloak to cover herself, just in case.

I'm not sure how I look but I like my new black long coat and grey shirt. Now I think about it, I'm fully black as usual.

"So, today is the day, huh?"

Mashiro looks back at the inn that we lived in for two months.

"Yes, today is the day. But are you really gonna wear all black again?"

"Hehehe~~ You look so charming in your new clothes, too."

Now that I think about it. I was wearing a black suit when I came here.

Though it's unbelievable to think that we are actually about to go on our journey. I hope we don't lose hope during our traveling.

"You're sure, right? Y'know, there will be many trials await us ahead."

Mashiro smiles and looks at me with her warmth aura.

"I know, but as long as you are with me, Antoku, I feel like, there is nothing to fear."

"Hehehe... Thanks, my princess."

---------------------------------change-----------scene------------------------------------

We ride on the carriage to the East gate of the kingdom. There I saw the knights that I met the first day I arrive in this world.

"Hey, Antoku, right? Leaving already?"

"Yes, I'm going back to my journey. By the way, thank you for your help on the first day I've arrived here."

"It's not a big of a deal. Save traveling! Come visit again later, for now, we are quite busy with searching for her highness."

"Really? What happens to her highness?"

"Don't you know the rumor?"

"No, I've not heard any rumors."

"It was told that princess was kidnapped and held captive. Though none have seen her, some have claimed to seen someone like her with another guy."

I was shocked to hear that some other notice about that, even though we've changed her hair color.

Well, to be honest, her pretty face can never be forgotten...

WAIT..!!!

That's mean... I've kidnapped the princess?

"You've managed to collect quite a lot of money, huh? By the way, what's in the carriage?"

"Oh, yes, this is stuff for my trips and some weapons, just in case, if the bandits came back to me."

I look at the amount of money I still left with.

"Thought, I'm left with only a few golds to spend."

"Hahaha... Anyway, Antoku! Good luck on your journey. You're always welcome to come back here."

I've finally managed to escape from the gate.

Good thing they didn't check inside the carriage.

I was all over with my sweat. Things will turn really bad if we were caught.

"Good thing they didn't check the back. You don't know how much I was sweating."

"What did you say? I am the one who is sweating over here from the inside."

Mashiro came out of the carriage and sits next to me. We started to laugh out and feel relief from all the stress.

"I'm so glad I met you, Antoku."

Mashiro looks down. Her face starts to get red.

"You save my life and brought me to freedom."

She looks up at me and smiles and starts to make me blush.

"Hehehe... Why are you blushing?"

I turn to the other side to hide my face.

"To be honest, I also feel like you are the one who saves me."

Mashiro looks at me blushing with a smile.

"Then we are mutual."

She looks so pretty! It feels like I'm dreaming. I still can't believe that I am traveling with a pretty lady.

I feel like we are getting closer to each other... even though she still doesn't know that I'm not from this world. Maybe I'll have to tell her about this, sooner or later.

----------------------------change---------------scene-------------------------------------

It's been two days that we started to travel. As the night falls, we camp out in the carriage. Since this morning, I sense someone has been trailing us. I've to prepare for the worst, so grab my sword and turn toward Mashiro.

"Mashiro, stay inside and protect yourself."

"Why?"

"Someone has been tailing us since this morning. So, I'll go to ask the reason why they've been tailing us"

"No, I will help you too. I can use magic and help you at least sometimes."

Mashiro was planning to follow me and so she grabs her short staff.

"It's okay. I don't want them to know that I am traveling with a female because they might come to chase for you."

"I know, but... But..."

"It's okay. I will be back as soon as I finish. So, stay inside and protect yourself and our stuff, okay?")

"Okay..."

I went out of our carriage to go look for the person who was trailing us. It's so quiet and there is no single movement for a while.

CRACK~~~

The noise came from this direction.

I pick up some stones and throw it toward the bush. I heard it hit something.

"UGHH!!"

Did I hear someone? I knew it, someone is watching us

"Who's there? Come out!"

I heard movements of someone coming out of the bushes.

"How did you know that I was here?"

A girl, wearing all place and a black scarf covering her mouth, came out from the forest.

"I notice your presence this morning. So tell me,  what business do you have with us?"

"Since this morning? How can you notice me even when I was hiding my presence?"

The girl's face looks stunned.

"Just what are you?"

How would I know about that? But, man, to think this would happen. Life is full of mystery.

"Tell me, why are you tailing us?"

"I was... Why should I even bother to..."

[Come forth earth, capture the enemy: tiea liama]

"WAHHH.....?"

I caught her with binding earth magic and walk closer toward her. It's dark and her scarf is covering her face, so I can't clearly see her face.

"So what is it gonna be? Will you tell me who hire you?"

The assassin hesitates to speak.

"I'm not selling out my client."

Man, if I continue this will never end, will it? I got to think of something.

"How about this? I'll hire you to tell me who's is your client."

"Um.. that's... No Way."

"Then how about I'll get what you want?"

Growl~~~

Is she growling? This feel familiar? Where did this happen again?

"You're hungry?"

"Sh... shu... shut up...!"

She has been trailing us non-stop, that's properly the reason.

"You haven't eaten anything today, did you?"

"I said, shut up!"

"Come here. I think we still got some leftovers."

"No!"

"Just follow me. It's okay."

"There is poison in there is it?"

"Of course, there isn't?"

I eat a spoon full of the meal and show her that there is no poison.

"see? No poison."

"I'm... thank you....."

I let her eat some of our leftovers and ask her again who was the client that wants to assassin us.

"I can't tell you, but since you don't seem to be the kind of person who they said you were... I'll tell you."

She hesitated a little bit to reveal her mission.

"The one who assigns me is someone from the royal. And he is... If I remember, he said that he wants to assassinate someone suspicious and showed me the person they wanted me to assassinate."

Someone suspicious, huh? I could say that they are searching for their lost princess. Oh right, how's Mashiro holding up?

"Shina! You can come out now!"

"Who's Shina?]"

"A friend of mine that I'm traveling with."

Mashiro came out of the carriage and look at me surprised.

"Who is that?"

"Oh, the person who's tailing us since this morning."

"Oh, you caught her?"

--------------------------change------------------scene------------------------------------

Mashiro was shocked to hear that someone from the kingdom want to assassin us.

"Can I ask you who's the person's name?"

"Sorry, I don't know anything about them. All I know is that he has a weird beard."

"Is his body large?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"Oh, just a lucky guess."

So, it's someone Mashiro might know, huh?

"By the way, what's your name?"

"Why would I have to tell you?"

"Oh.. sorry, I'm Antoku. And this is Ma... I mean Shina."

"I know. She is princess Beltear. Princess Mashiro Wispher Beltear."

We are surprised that she knew about Mashiro's identity.

"Huh?! No... No... Hahaha, what kind of joke is that."

"You can't fool my power. I can feel a shadow presence of someone."

"Antoku, it can't help. Seems like everyone knew about me already."

Mashiro sighed and gave me a sad look.

"Um... No, only I know this."

"What? What do mean only you?"

"Only I have this power to sense other presence. And I wanted to confirm something first before revealing your secret."

"Antoku! I'm not exposed!"

Mashiro looks so happy with tears on the edge of her eyes.

"But, princess. Why did you run away?"

"It's because of... I had enough with all the troubling with the works of a princess and I met Antoku, who helped me with a lot of things."

"So you decided to run away? But princess... that's irresponsible."

"I know. I know but I can't help it. I don't know what else to do."

Mashiro suddenly words from her, makes Mashiro felt guilty.

"It's just that... We had enough with the duties of our responsibility."

"So it's your fault that princess is here?"

Mashiro's expression immediately.

"NO! It's not his fault. I wanted to escape too, so I followed him. It's not any of his faults at all."

"I'm sorry for misunderstanding the situation, princess."

She looks at us emotionally.

"Anyway, I am called Yagami. And I am the kingdom's assassin"

"No wonder. You use Dark Art."

Dark Art? What that?

"Um. Mashiro, what's Dark Art?"

"Oh. It's an advanced skill of magic that uses shadows"

"Sounds like a skill of a ninja."

Both of the look at me like I'm stupid.

What? Why are they looking at me confusingly?

Yagami Tilt her head after hearing a word called [ninja].

"What's a ni.. ninja?"

"The way you move and your skills are like a ninja but you don't know what's a ninja?"

Yagami looks confused. She tilted her head while listening to me.

"Never mind. It's how we call your technique in my country."

"Hmm... You're not from the kingdom, right? But, your shadow sense kind of strange."

She looks closely at me.

It so uncomfortable when she gets so close to me. I started to blush.

"Your shadow looks like it's mixed with small white light or small white shadow... Hmmm....???"

I laugh uncomfortably.

"It must be your imagination."

"So? Anyway, where are you guys going?"

"[Umm... yeah... About that..."

"You didn't plan on anything did you?"

Mashiro and I shook our head.

But, man, I don't know a single thing about this world and the princess also don't have any experience that is out of her castle.

"We don't have any knowledge of outside world. So we don't have plans. We just walk around and see where it takes us."

Mashiro smiled awkwardly at Yagami.But, Yagami looks at me so furious.

"You are planning to drag princess with you like that? Are you mad?"

I don't know what's so bad about that? Yeah, I admit that not knowing where to travel is pretty insane but what can we do in this situation?

"It can't help. Since the princess wanted this, I'll not deny. How about it? I'll join your party."

"What? Join us?"

"Don't get this wrong. I didn't join for your sake, I only join for the sake of princess. Also, I know everywhere there is to travel."

It's not a bad deal the. But is this the right choice for her? What if they know that the princess is traveling along with me?

"Umm... What if they find out that the princess is me?"

"Worry not, I can take care of that."

I still doubt about this plan. It's risky, but what is there to get if there is no risk, right?

"Okay. just make sure that they don't find out about this situation okay?"

------------------------------change-------------scene-------------------------------------

It's a few hours before dawn. I still can't sleep.

It's not that I doubt about her, it's just that I feel uneasy about this.

"Antoku, are you up?"

Yagami? Why did she call me?

"[What is it?"

"I'll go back to the kingdom an...."

[Come forth earth, capture the enemy: tiea liama])

"Waaah...."

"Listen to what I'm about to say first! I'll go back and tell that she is not the princess."

"Well, first of all, did your client ask you to assassinate someone with the princess? And did your client ever said a term "Princess" when he asks you to assassinate us?"

Well, as I thought, it is risky to send her back to the kingdom.

"We will have to plan for this situation."

"So, genius. What's the plan?"

That's hard to answer, but we still gotta think of the plan.

"What if you pretend as if you were kidnapped by us?"

"Isn't that a bit riskier then what I've thought of?"

"True, but the consequence is different from the action we took."

I thought of different excuses, but nothing good came out.

"If you go back to the castle. They will know about the princess and you will be sent to jail or even killed. But if you were to get kidnapped, there is a chance they won't attack us. We will stay low and wait for our opportunity."

Yagami looks unsure about the plan.

"The worst-case scenario, we will have to attack them back if they expose our cover."

"Okay then, we will go to the closest location and think of the better plans."

After the sunrise, we decided to travel to the closest place we can find. We are close to a kingdom called "Delaner," we can settle in and continue talking about a plan to let Yagami be not suspicious in a town near that kingdom.

What's this smell? It smells like something's burning.

"Hey, Yagami... Mashiro... Is it just me or did I smell something burning?"

They look at me worried. Yagami takes a deep breath.

"What burning smells are you talking about? I smell nothing but fresh air."

Fresh air? Then why am I the only who smell the burnt smell?

"Antoku, are you feeling fine?"

Mashiro was looking at me uneased

"Yes, I am totally fine but it's strange. I still smell something burning and the smell of a metal."

I quickly hit the horses to make it run faster and when we arrive near the Kingdom of Delaner gate, we hear screams of the town people.

"I told you I smell smoke. And this is..."

"Antoku... What happened here?"

Mashiro looks so frightened and her body is trembling.

"Stay here. Hey, Yagami, protect Mashiro. I'll be right back."

Grabbing my sword near me, I sprint toward the gate and see a disgusting looking monster.

What the heck is this creature? Is that thing eating someone?

"Arrrggggg....!!!"

I rush toward the creature and swing the sword. I hit the creature, but nothing happens. Not a single scratch is there to be seen.

Damn, their skin is too hard.

I swing the sword from above and hit its left eye.

No damage? It's too hard to cut! There has to be a weak spot!

Dodging the attack, I then Stab my sword to its neck and cut the head off.

"So that's your weak spot? Alright!"

As I run deeper into the town, I can see few knights fighting against those creatures.

"Their weak stop is their neck! Stab it as hard as you can to the middle of their neck!"

The knights look at me in a surprise.

"Don't lose focus. Concentrate on your sword toward its neck."

I start to run deeper into the town while cleaning off the creatures. I keep on announcing to the knights that the creature's weak stop is their neck.

About an hour later, we clean off the creatures. As I finish off the last creature, I can hear their battle cries.

"AAARRRGGGG......"

They screamed like there is no tomorrow.

Well, this is the last of them. I should probably go back to Mashiro and Yagami, now.

------------------------------change--------------------scene------------------------------

I arrive back to the carriage, and Mashiro came running to me and hug me with tears.

"I'm so glad, you are okay. I was sick worrying that you might not come back."

What should I do now? Shoot, I got to make her stop crying.

"It's okay, Mashiro. I won't die. I can't die... because I got to protect you both."

Mahiro stood straight up and looking down. Both of them are blushing.

Did I make them uncomfortable?

"Sorry, did I say something uncomfortable to both of you?"

Both of them look at me with their red faces.

"No, we're okay."

A knight came toward us and kneel before me.

What now? Don't kneel in front of me. It's embarrassing.

"Excuse me, sir. His Majesty, Robert Delaner, the King of Delaner, wants to see you."

"Ehh.. why does his majesty wants to see me?"

"I was not given the reason, but I was only told to ask you to meet his Majesty."

What going on now? Man, did they found out about Mashiro?

"I guess... I can't back out. Lead the way."

The knight gets on the horse and leads us the way.

Well, this is troublesome. I just hope nothing happens.

We pass the town that was in the crisis of their kingdom. As we arrive at the castle and the young knight lead us in front of the king's throne. There is a 50-year-old guy with a crown, sitting on the throne.

I guess that's the king, huh?

The king runs toward us. He kneels and bows down before me.

Ehhh... what is this? What's happening here?

I look at the king with a face full of confused and surprised.

"What... What is going on? Um.. please, stand up your Majesty! What's going on?"

The king got up and looks at me so dearly.

What is this...?

"I can't thank you enough for saving this kingdom!"

"Ehhh???"

"Did you not save the town people and the knights who are in their crisis? You are not related to our kingdom, yet, without hesitatingly, you came rushing to the kingdom and rescue our people. You are a true hero."

Well, this is awkward. I didn't expect this event to turn up.

"Yea.. please, pay no mind. I was doing what's the right thing to do. There is no way to let others die if there is some way that you can help, right?"

The king looks at me so joyfully.

"No, only you would go and butt in into other people business."

Yagami look at me without any expression.

Eh... Why is she always cold with me?

"Yes.. you truly are a hero. No one but a true hero would do such risky things."

"Ehh... I am no hero... I'm just an ordinary traveler, who just happens to be passing by and help, that all."

Later, the king invited us to dine with them and have further discussion. It's hard to reject so we decide to accept it with appreciation.

-------------------------------change--------------scene-----------------------------------

"To think that a hero stumbles upon this kingdom during our crisis and save us. It is no other than the work of a god."

A "hero" and a "god" you say...

"Your majesty..... Like I was saying... I am just a traveler...."

The king looks at me with the eye full of hope.

"No need to be humble, call me Robert. You are the one who saves this kingdom anyway. With my name, you are the hero and savior of this kingdom."

There is no going out of this, is it?

Yagami looks at me as if she is making fun out of me to be called a "hero."

That girl... Why is she always so cold toward me?

As we finish eating, we went to the conference room with the king because he says that he wants to talk to me more. There is no way to deny this king with his persistent. Is not that he is a bad person.

"So, here is the reward. For saving this kingdom from those demons. Here are seven sacks of twenty gold worth."

Demons? Are those creatures demons?

"EEHHH...!!!"

All of us are surprised by the amount of gold King Robert handing to us.

"No really, we can't possibly take all this amount of golds. There is really no need for all of this."

Both, Mashiro and Yagami are completely lost from the golds.

"Please, do take the reward as a token from me."

Much amount of gold is too much even for us.

"Anyway... By demons, do you mean creature from Hell?"

"What's "Hell"? But, they were summoned from a different dimension and started to massacre living humans. Though, there are many types of demons, sad to say that we can't even defend off those lowest demons until you came to save us."

Wait! Summon? Who or how did it summon? And the lowest demons?

"Do you say summoned? And Those demons being the lowest?"

"Yes... someone must have summoned it to invade this kingdom. And there are five kinds of demons. Lowest is called [Demon] and highest is call [Devil King]."

"Does anyone come to mind who would be the one to cause all this destruction?"

"To be honest, many people would like to take over this kingdom for its rich environment."

So, someone invades their country for its rich environments? No, something is bothering me with that nonproven reasoning for the invasion.

As the king continues to talk about me being the savior, I start to feel uncomfortable. And so the night rises, the king asks us to stay for the night and so the maids lead us to a guest room for each of us.

------------------------------change-----------------scene---------------------------------

"Waaa... That was a good sleep. Well, then should I go to the town and look for something to buy before we started traveling?"

I enter the Capital of Deltear and look around for anything to buy but most of the stores farther from the castle were destroyed by those demons.

Is that a blacksmith shop? I will need a new sword after breaking the other one during my battle against those demons.

"Excuse me... Is anyone there?"

A noise from the door behind the counter can be heard. It sounds like they blacksmith is busy currently. I waited for a few minutes and someone came out of the door. A buff guy, who is about the age of forty-eight, with a scar on his left eye came out of the door.

"I would like to take a look at the finest sword that you made. Do you have any recommendation?"

The blacksmith old man looks at me surprisingly and answers me in a rush.

"Aren't chu the hero who came to save our town? Oh... Did I make chu wait long? I'm sorry, I didn't think that the hero would come to my shop."

The blacksmith keeps on staring at me with a happy looking face.

Hero???

Did the rumors even come to this far?

"Ehh... Please, don't mind me. I only came here as a customer. I was thinking of buying a good sword so I came to this store. Do you have any recommendations?"

The blacksmith old man observes at me from my head to toes.

Well... this is definitely awkward.

"You like wearing black, don't you? Perfect! Then I think I have the best sword for you. Even though it might be a little too expensive. But, It's the one of a kind."

The blacksmith old man went back inside the door and there is a lot of noise coming from the door. As he returns with a long rectangular box, he proudly looks at me.

"This is a one of the legendary sword Recalidar, wield by a former hero who saves the world from crisis."

Ehhh... why is this black and white sword here? And why is he selling this sword to me?

"Ehhh... Why are you recommending this to me? I am no hero... I am only a guy who passes by and helps, that all."

The blacksmith old man smile at me with a happy looking face.

"That's what makes you worthy of wielding this sword"

That's what makes me worth wielding this sword? Even though I said that I am no hero?

"I don't quite understand what you mean? A person is worth wielding a legendary hero sword because is he no hero?"

The blacksmith old man laugh at what I was saying and look at me delightfully.

"That's right! The former hero also said that he is no hero, but he is the one who saves the world from the edge of destruction. No hero will admit that they are the legendary hero even though they are. Those who stay humble will be known for their legend."

A wisdom of a wise buffed old man, huh?

The blacksmith old man insists on me to buy this sword no matter what.

"The wielder of this sword, my great-grandfather, the legendary hero will only allow on having this sword entrust to someone like you. It's my job to find someone the like of you to bring the hope of the world."

"Ehh... Th... The.. legendary hero is your great-grandfather? Then isn't this your memorial for your late great-grandfather?"

"Yes, and it is now entrusted to you. I'm sure that it will be a useful partner."

If he truly insists, then I got nothing to complain. Hero, huh? I don't view myself as a man worthy of being named hero.

"I will sell you this with the amount of twenty-six golds for the minimum price, not bad is it?"

"If you say so. I guess the seller knows more about it then its buyer isn't it?"

The blacksmith old man laugh out as I said that.

"Hey kid, I'm starting to like you. How about it? I will make you the finest armor the next time you come visit this kingdom. You're going to recommend for black color for your armor, ain't it?"

The blacksmith old man looks at me and smile. Everyone who saw me will, without a doubt, know that I prefer dark color.

We left the kingdom after buying the supplies. It was quite an event, to think that a swarm of demons to attack, it really bothers me.

Why would someone attack the kingdom? It's the same as starting a war, isn't it? So, what are they really after?

I turn around and look at both Mashiro and Yagami, who is taking a nap in the carriage.

Sigh~~~

I feel like I'm the only person, who's doing the most work here.

I take out my phone and plug it in with my earbud. I open my music list to listen to some song and relax during our travel.

"What's that?"

I'm surprised by a sudden voice from my back.

"Yagami! Don't just suddenly appear behind me out of nowhere."

Yagami is just staring at my ear and tilted her head.

"That black thing that's stuck in your ear, what is that?"

Is she talking about my earbuds?

"You mean this?"

I take my earbuds off and show it to Yagami.

"I can hear some noises coming out of it!"

"WAAHHH!!!!"

As I let Yagami use the earbuds she suddenly jumps back and falls on Mashiro after hearing music from the earbuds.

That's..... a weird way to react to a music...

Mashiro is struggling to get up from Yagami.

"What happened? Is there something wrong, Yagami?"

Yagami was just pointing her finger at my earbuds.

"WHAT WAS THAT!!??"

I chuckle a little while Yagami and Mashiro are staring at my phone.

"It's a magic artifact that makes you able to listen to music and noises, I guess."

Right now, this "artifact" is not useful other than listening to songs or take pictures since I got no connection or signal in this world.

They both look so deeply into my phone and observing it.

"How can you fit so many instruments into this small [Artifact]?"

I unplugged the earbuds and play the song. They are so amazed by my phone and at the same time, they are so confused.

It's kinda funny how they look so interested in it.

I started to chuckle at how childish they look while they are observing my phone.

-----------------------------change-------------------scene-------------------------------

"Antoku! Wake up!"

I was woken up in a surprise by Yagami. She looked so frightened and worried.

"What's wrong, Yagami?"

"The demons are back! Hurry, princess Mashiro won't be able it hold against them much longer!"

Why are the demons came back?

"Mashiro!!"

I grab my sword, Recalidar, ran out of the carriage. Another swarm of demons is standing near us. Yagami used her dark magic to hide our presence. Mashiro also used light magic to make us invisible, but it drains too much magic energy if it's used too long.

I got to do something, fast!

"Yagami! Mashiro! I'll distract the demons from the other side. Go inside the carriage and get  away as fast as possible!"

They both look at me surprisingly.

"You can't be serious, right!? I won't let you kill yourself!"

Mashiro's tears are collecting in her eyes.

I don't want to do it, too. But I have to man up and protect the girls. It's a job of a man.

"I told you before that I won't die because I have to protect you both, didn't I? I'll catch up later. Wait for me in Zelfelia."

I got to get them out of here.

I ran toward the opposite side of the carriage and gave the signal to Yagami and Mashiro to cancel out their magic on me. And so, the demons started to gather around me as I stab their neck one after another.

There is no ending to this, is there? Good, Mashiro and Yagami are completely out of sight.

[Arrrggg...]

I rush toward a swarm of demons and take them down. For about almost two hours have passed, the swarm has decreased around to 500.

I'm out of energy.

There a person with a robe, covering its face, holding a staff and book, came toward me from the shadow.

"Chi... Chi... Chi... Is this your so call [Hero]? How pathetic!"

He uncovers his face as he was laughing and looks down at me. He doesn't look like a human.

A talking type demon?

"You... You demon! I won't let you lay a hand on any humans."

He used a air magic and shoot me off. As I land on my back to a tree, the tree was damaged by the momentum for my landing.

[UGH!!]

He starts to laugh insanely and walks toward me.

"Me? A demon? Hey! Are you making fun of me?"

He uses the same magic again. This time my back hit a huge rock and heard some cracking sound from my backbone. The rock also breaks into pieces.

[UGH!!!]

"I'm the level above any demons and devils, I am commander Derf. Don't dare forget that, [Hero]"

I grasp on my sword and swing it to the commander Derf as he jumps backward. And laugh insanely again.

"Chi... Chi... Chi...You still got some fight in you, huh?"

Rattle~~ Rattle~~

The ground started to shake violently and few rocks crumble to the ground.

Bam~~~

Boom~~~

Bam~~~

Loud noises from behind the commander caught our attention. We look at the forest, where the noises came from.

Hwoo~~~~~~

Strong wind rush toward us and I fall backward from the pressure of the wind.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!"

Derf looked at his back nervously after enchanting a protection spell to himself. In the forest, a shadow figure of a woman walks out toward us.

[Hmm... Aren't you the hero of Delaner? Ho...ho..ho.. You're pretty young to be called a hero, ain't it?] (Stranger)

Before I could even answer, several of demons start to rush toward us by the command from Dref.

"You dare ignore me?! You low-life creature!"

I stood up and try to defend the woman behind me. As I try to swing the sword, the woman pulls me back and punch the ground.

Bam~~~

The punch was so powerful that everything near it was pushed by its air pressure. And she gave Derf a lazy eye.

"Oi... Oi... Can't you see I'm busy talking here? I'll have to deal with you in a moment."

I really don't want to mess around with her.

Derf summons a group of demons, demons with wings and a buff demonic swordsman. Lastly, there were a group of people lying down on the ground with shadow hands tied around them.

"What!? What happened to those guys?"

The woman grinds her teeth. She looks as if she is about to blow the world with one punch while looking at the demonic swordsman.

Does she know those people that were captured?

"Derf, where have you summon me this time?"

"Chi... Chi... Chi... The woman that you didn't get to catch is standing over there, sir Gralfdur."

Derf bows as he speaks to Gralfdur. He grins creepily while looking at the woman standing beside me.

So that's their leader? Gralfdur...? That's a one tongue twister. Neither the less, he does look pretty strong. Good thing I've recharged my magic energy and my injury is not far from healed.

"YOU BASTARD! LET THEM GO IMMEDIATELY!"

She looks so intense despite,  she looks like a lazy sloth just now. Demons and demons with wings rush toward us, but with a single punch from the woman, they turn into the mist of blood.

"Hmm... Not bad for a human girl. But you there, a human boy, your presence feels weird. Who are you."

The woman rushes to the demon leader and tries to punch him, but in the blink of an eye, he was already behind her. Gralfdur kicks the woman about 5 times in a second.

[UGH!]

The woman falls on her knees, struggling to stand up. Graldfur kicks her one last time then grabs her by the hair.

"You may be pretty good for a human girl, but you are nowhere near me."

He laughs and throws her unconscious body near me. He started to get me really piss off. I grasp my sword really tight, ready to swing anytime.

Those bastards, they're starting to get me annoyed.

"Oi... instead of picking on the weak, why not pick someone on your own level?"

My thoughts were overflowed throughout my entire body.

I'll kill them! I'll kill them! They are needed to be punished!

"Chi... Chi... Chi... You are not the one to talk."

I'll kill them! I'll kill them! I'll kill them!

Derf uses the wind magic to throw me away again, but it was blocked by a barrier that looks like a bird's wings coming out of my back. The wings don't look visible but it can still be seen as a reflection of a glass.

"WHAT!!!"

Derf looks surprised by seeing the invisible wings. But, Gralfdur smiles while looking at me.

"YES, YOU ARE RIGHT! THIS IS THE BATTLE ONLY FOR THE STRONGS! COME! SHOW ME THAT YOU ARE NOT ALL ABOUT TALKS!!!"

Gralfdur accelerates to attack me, but I was already behind him. When he turns around to look, his left arm fells off and blood gushing out of his shoulder.

It regenerates slowly after it was cut off. But, he was too shocked by the attack that was faster than his fastest attack.

"HAHAHA!!! THAT'S IT!! I FINALLY FOUND YOU! I FINALLY FOUND SOMEONE WORTHY TO FIGHT AGAINST. FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS, I WAITED FOR THIS DAY TO COME TRUE!!! NOW, COME TO ME WITH YOUR BEST! DON'T DISAPPOINT ME!!!"

Gralfdur appears behind me and swings his sword. I flip the sword upside down and block his attack from my shoulder with the back of my handle. He accelerates away from me to get his distance, but I accelerated toward him in a blink of an eye and appear above him and kick him on the side of his head. With the momentum of my kick, he flew toward a lump of rocks and crash onto it.

[Gah!!!]

Gralfdur gets back up and accelerates to me. We exchange our blows, but my attack is heavier so it made him unbalanced. I, then swing my sword and cut his right hand off. He sword flew behind him and pierce through a rock. His hand grew back and accelerate toward the standing sword. He grabs his sword and looks towards my direction, but I was already above him. I raise my sword, trying to strike him down, but he blocks my attack and pushes me away.

"Just what are you! Are you even a human?!"

He starts to get nervous about me, but he still doesn't run away unlike that demon Derf. He accelerates toward me, trying to strike me, so I raise my sword but at the last second he leaps to his left and tries to fool me. He swings his sword but I block his attack again. He keeps attacking me but I blocked all his attacks effortlessly. Soon, he starts to get frustrated and used a invisible magic to hide. It was quiet for a few moments but footsteps came rushing from behind me so I jump to dodge his attack and swing my sword under me in the midair and cut his shoulder apart.

[UGH!]

Gralfdur holds his injured shoulder and breath heavily. His shoulder took longer to recover this time. He looks like he is almost out of his magic energy. On the other hand, I am just standing there motionless, looking down at the ground.

"Just what are you?! Definitely, you are not just a normal low life human being!"

He grabs his sword and leans against to hold himself up. He looks at me with a frightened face.

"No, you can't be! Don't tell me you're...!!"

Before he was able to finish his sentence, I rush toward him and stab him in his neck.

[GUH!!!]

He falls backward on the ground and turns into ashes and flows with the wind. I'm just standing there motionlessly, looking on the ground in front of me. The woman and the captured people were there to witness everything that had happened during the battle but they are too shocked to even move an inch. I then fall to the front and pass out.

--------------------------change------------scene-----------------------------------

[Antoku....] (Woman 1)

[Antoku....] (Woman 2)

[Go back to your world] )(Woman3)

[You are not ready to enter into this world....] (Woman 4)

[Wake up...] (Woman 5)

[Here let me help you once again....] (Deep voice)

Who're voices are those? A familiar deep voice... where have I heard it before?

"Ughhhh... I feel too heavy... What happened?"

I wake up to an unfamiliar ceiling. It's a wooden ceiling and not in my carriage.

"Where am I?"

I look beside me and saw five people sitting beside me three adults and two teenagers who look younger than me. They look at me nervously as I look around me.

That woman... Where did we meet before? Ah... yes when I was attacked by the demons... DEMONS!!!???

I suddenly sit straight and look at them. They were all startled by my sudden moves and back a few steps away from me.

"Where are the demons? We got to get rid of them quickly before they attack anyone else.!"

The woman looks at me confusingly as I spoke.

"You already get rid of them... Didn't you remember? You even fought against one of their leaders."

Oh.. yeah... Their leader... what's his name again? GANLFDUR!!! Did I fight against him? No wonder I was lying on the bed right now, but what did she mean by I get rid of them?

"They are all gone, right?"

"Yes, all of them except one. Derf, he returns to his world while you were fighting against his leader."

I smile at look at her after hearing that all of the demons are gone.

It's no use that Derf got away. I couldn't even do anything to him.

"As expected of you to get rid of all those demons effortlessly. You are really strong and talented."

The woman looks at cluelessly me after I said those words.

"Aaa... No... It was you who get rid of all those demons and Granlfdur... Don't tell me... You fought against him while you're unconscious?"

"EHH???!!! Me? Against him? No way... ha... hahaha... I couldn't even stand a chance Derf, but his leader? No way. No, no way..."

The woman walks toward me and bends your body with her face close to my face.

"Oi... Oi... Oi... Do you think I'm joking about this?"

She obviously doesn't look like she is lying... but I fought against Granlfdur? How did it happen?

"But, the last thing I remember is you were tossed by him..."

The woman's eyes widened and sit beside me on the bed.

"But, that when the fight starts... so you're telling me that you were unconscious right after I was beaten?"

She looks puzzled by what happened during the event.

Am I forgetting something?

...

MASHIRO!!! YAGAMI!!!

I hope they are okay...

They were able to escape while I was distracting the demons.

"Hey... Um.."

"Call me Elisa."

Elisa smiles after she tells me her name.

"Elisa, how long was I unconscious?"

Elisa looks outside from the window for awhile and murmur,

"I think about six hours by looking at the sky outside."

I was shocked to hear what she said.

I have been unconscious for six hours on a bed and add up to the time in the forest will be... It has been ten hours?! I got to find them fast!

"ELISA!"

Elisa was surprised by my sudden call.

"I have to go back to my acquaintance! They will be worried sick, now!"

Elisa looks at me surprisingly and laugh.

"I think it's okay since they rented at the next door. We ask them to give us the opportunity for saving us and take care of you while you're unconscious."

Then they know I am here?

That's good to hear that they were able to escape safely.

"Thank you for saving us, mister"

A girl, whose about two years younger than me, bows and gives me a fruit that looks like an apple, then the boy bows, too.

"It's not really a big of a deal. I'm just glad that you all are safe now."

I smile back at them and take the fruit from her.

"No wonder you acknowledge as [Hero]. Just when I saw your strength, I knew that you are above average. Not to mention, you were so angry to the point that you got unconscious to see someone who's hopelessly beaten by someone unjust. Well, it's your responsibility to save others who are in need of help and bring justice to the world as a person who is called [Hero]."

She laughs and looks at me with a pretty smile. We talk about what happens to them. She said they were attacked by Granlfdur during their work as an adventurer and was taken, hostage. He as them to bring out the strongest fighter, so she came finding a hero, whose ability to fight against him on the same level for his measurement. She apologies for troubling me but I told her that I was happy to be able to rescue her friends and was able to help her. They, then, left to go back to their kingdom [Centura]. The next day, We also left the town to for our journey once again.

"So, Antoku... I've been to as you about something."

Mashiro looks at me with suspicion and she moves her face toward my face.

"Wa.. what... You are too close Mashiro!!!"

"Answer me, Antoku. What happened during the battle with the devil leader?"

Should I tell her that I fought against him unconsciously? I don't think she will believe me. How would she believe and I fought against a strong opponent unconsciously? Unless, she was there to watch me, like Elisa, who said I defeated a devil leader, unconsciously.

"I told you already. After I passed out, I forgot about the fight. Maybe because I got hit in the head many times."

Mashiro puffed her cheek out and gave me an angry expression.

I gotta get out of here as soon as possible. Think... Think...

"Yagami! I think it's about time to switch our roles."

I call out to Yagami, who's driving the carriage. I went out to the seat and drive the carriage. After a few hours late, We arrive at a kingdom called Althenia. It's a current largest and overpowered kingdom. As we arrived at the kingdom gate, two knights stopped me from entering.

"Hold! What business do you have here?"

The Knights hold their spears and blocked the way in.

Why does this question sound familiar?

"We are just traveling and came to the closest place to rest. Is three something that matters?"

The knights looked at each other and nodded.

"Are you alone?"

One of the knights asks me with suspicion.

"Yes, I have two companions inside the carriage."

"Can we check inside your carriage?"

"Yes, you may."

We got off the carriage and follow the knight, just to make sure they didn't steal anything.

"This sword... Isn't this the legendary hero's sword?"

Both of the knight look at me with a surprise faces.

"We are sorry to be rude, Hero-sama."

They bow toward me and beg for forgiveness.

"Please, raise your head. There no problem."

I bitterly smile at them.

I guess I have no choice but to accept the title hero since my stories even reach all the way over here. What a troublesome.

"What's the matter? Did something happen in the town?"

The knights seem like they don't want to answer my question.

"We are sorry, we can't inform you. I do recommend you to go to the guild and accept the request yourself. And you will learn about the recent problem."

"And why is that?"

The knights bitterly smile at me.

"Um... Hero-sama? Could it be that you've been never registered a hero's application?"

"A hero's application? Is there a such of that?"

"Yes.. um... hero is... I can't answer you this. You have to go to the guild and listen to them listen to them directly, Hero-same."

A hero's application? I wonder what kind of application is that? The knights won't even tell me directly.

"Anyway, Can you please stop calling me a hero? I'm not used to it."

The knights nodded as we enter to the gate of Althenia. We rented two rooms in an inn so that we have places to rest. The thing about a hero's application really bothers me.

I don't understand, why won't they talk about the application to me directly and why haven't I heard of it? Not even from King Robert. I guess it won't hurt to go check it out, I guess.

I got up and left the inn. As I wander around, asking people for the direction of the guild location. Finally, reaching to the guild, I enter inside of guild and saw many adventurers crowding in front of a mission board. I went up to the counter and a lady was sitting on the other side of the counter.

"How may I help you today?"

The lady smiles while asking me a question.

"The knights told me something about a hero's application. So, I thought of giving it a try."

The lady's eyes widen and were surprised to hear my request.

"Ho... hold on a second! I will be right back with your application!"

The lady rush to the door behind her and enter the room.

Why am I feeling uneasy about this? What's with her reaction? Why is she so surprised and rushed?

The woman came back with some papers on her hand and put it on the counter.

"Can you please fill up this contract?"

I grab the papers laying on the counter and read it.

There is nothing really wrong with this application. What's with their reaction? Hmmm... here is said "Your mission will be a requested directly from us and not the mission board. Your missions may be... TEN TIMES HARDER THAN REGULAR ADVENTURERS'!" That's why she reacts like this? Wait, there's still more, "We will test you on your ability with magic examination to determine your level skill?" What's with this examination? I guess I'll find out after applying it, I guess.

I fill up the forms and hand it toward her. The counter lady looks at me with a serious face.

"Sir, are you sure you want to apply for a hero?"

What's with this? Why did she suddenly became so serious?

"I guess so... the king did already give me the title [Hero]."

The lady stunted after I reply to her.

"Can I ask you something, sir?"

"Yes, go on ahead?"

"Are you by any chance the new hero who save the kingdom of Delaner?"

"Yes, is there something wrong?"

The lady smiles happily and gives a relieved sigh.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think a hero will be so young like you. Please come inside from that door, I'll lead you to the location of the magic examination."

I then enter inside of the door and follow the lady who's leading me to my examination. She finally stops and turns around to face me.

"We are here, you just have to enter inside of this room and our new instructor will tell you for your examination. I'll be glad to work with you in the future, Hero-sama."

I enter the room and shut the door. The room is painted with white, but it weird, it too bright even though we are inside of a room.

"Welcome, please step forward. I will be helping you with your examination. I'm looking forward to working with you."

There is a girl with a horn on her head, waiting from me behind a table with a weird orb, the size of a volleyball, on some artifact and A rectangular shaped metal under the artifact. She is about three years younger than me. I was staring at her pretty grey hair, I have no words to describe.

"What a pretty hair...."

I spoke my mind out before even thought of what I just said.

"Re...really? Hehe... you're a weird one aren't you?"

I just notice what I just spoke out and freak out.

"I... I... I'm sorry... My mind took over me before my conscious."

The girl giggles as I tried to explain. I bitterly smile at her as she smiles and looks at me. She asks me to place my hand on the org and it lit brighter than the bright room. After a few seconds before the light disappear in a bright room. The metal changes into a different type of metal and my name, age, and gender were written on it. The girl looks very shocked while looking at the rectangular shaped thing.

"Wow, it changes when I put my hand on it."

The girl looks at it and tries to reply to me.

"Ye... yes... and it's platinum card."

"Is it that big of a deal?"

The girl surprisingly looks at me and tilt her head.

"It is rarest one of all. There were only two other platinum heroes in the past other than yourself in this world."