The End of the World | Teen Ink

The End of the World

March 5, 2018
By AlainaC, Pewuakee, Wisconsin
More by this author
AlainaC, Pewuakee, Wisconsin
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

Stories that are about how the world will end are my inspiration. Some people have written about how the world will suffer a zombie apocalypse, but I believe differently.

There are two words that everyone is afraid of. Death and destruction. People have made stories about how the world is going to end. Some involving food poisoning. They tell stories as if they’re the narrator. This story is different because I’m telling the story. If you’re asking how it’s different if I’m telling the story, that is because I, Bella Olivia Rose, saw the end of the world and it’s the worst.

It all started on December 2, 2053. While sitting at a table in my house doing homework, an odd noise came from the garage. While going into the garage, I looked around. The noise stopped, so I walked away. I hear the noise once again, so I walked back into the garage. The noise stopped again. Closing the door, I thought I could try to trick the mysterious sound and I did. There was that noise again. I followed it silently and it led to the trash can. It ended up being just a rat. Stupid rat. I walked back in the house and kept doing my homework. Then my friend, Pearl Stewart, called me.
Pearl and I have been the best of friends. We’ve never had any fights. We’ve known each other for years. She has always had my back and I’ve always had hers.
While answering the phone, a beep had sounded. She hung up on me. Ignoring the call, I continued with my homework. Later that night, I heard a knock on my window. It was Pearl. She came in. She gave me a piece of paper and left. I opened it and it said, “Dear Bella, I'm writing this to inform you that I have to leave. I have learned that it’s almost the end. Leave before it’s too late. Your friend, Pearl Stewart.”

Is it almost the end? It’s almost the end of what? Finding Pearl is my number one priority. I tried to follow her step. This is useless because I’m never going to find her. I started to walk home until I came across a clue of where she went. A piece of her clothing ripped off while she was running. After picking up the cloth, I followed the direction where the piece of cloth was. A trail of blood, or what I thought was blood, had appeared. I hate seeing blood because this is what happens when you have homophobia, but I went on. I just didn’t think about that. I also have coulrophobia, but that’s not relevant. Ending up at Target, I walked in and the place was basically empty. No one was in the building. It was like a haunted house, except it was a store. It was like a haunted Target. What if the store leads to somewhere secret? That’s just my imagination though. Anyway, walking in Target, I look for any more clues that could lead to Pearl. While searching, noises that sound like footsteps run somewhere in the store. Following the sound, I saw shadows on the walls of the person running around. The door opened while the little jingle played. The door closes as I walk closer to the door.

Walking out of the store to find Pearl still, I find her heirloom, her father’s journal. Picking it up, I skim through it. A map falls out of it. The map was huge if you open it up more, and there were small lines going around the paper in different colors. There were a key and a note in the corner. The key had many different colors that showed escape routes. The note stated that the world was going to end and the writer of the note was no one that I expected. It was Pearl’s father.
Looking at the map and the note, I quickly realized that this was insane. Why was the world ending? Another note came out of the journal. It was a note from Pearl. She knew that this was going to end up in my hands. It said, “What I had written before about the end of the world, it is going to happen in the next three hours. Hurry before it’s too late. Don’t worry about me. Worry about yourself. Your friend, Pearl.” Wanting to go find Pearl, I stopped myself and started to find somewhere to go. What is something that flies in space? A spaceship! Pulling out my phone, I quickly search up where the nearest space center. The nearest space center is NASA and it’s about ten minutes from where I am. While walking to NASA or running, I saw people that were happy with their family. Feeling bad that I couldn’t tell them about the tragedy, I started to run faster than before.

Getting to NASA, I ran up to the ship and jumped inside. I learned very quickly about it by pressing many buttons at the same time. Then the ship started the countdown. It started to fly up into space. I felt like I was in Apollo 13, but I wasn’t going to the moon and the world was going to blow up. The ship was going so fast out then all of a sudden stopped. It turned around and I saw Earth. Knowing that it was close to the end of Earth, I counted down how much time was left. Five, four, three, two, one. What I had seen today will never be forgotten. The feeling I fell is the worst anyone will have in their lives. This is the story about the end of the world. If you’re reading this, that means you have survived the apocalypse that has happened on Earth 2.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.