The Mission

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Chapter ONE

“Pa, I’m home. Brought back some of your packages from the post office.” Mark looked down at the package and noticed an envelope taped to the side of the box. It had the government seal on it. Except it was a hot press stamp, so I knew that it was official. The weird thing about this particular stamp was that the stamp was still hot, so whoever sent it wanted it here as soon as possible.
“It looks important..” Mark yelled hoping that his father was upstairs. “Pa?” He looked around the house for his father. Then he stopped thinking that he would hear his dad typing in the basement office. Silence. No one was in the house with him. Or so he thought. He went to the kitchen, and there he was. Lying on the floor. Dead.
There was a bullet hole in his chest and a hole in the skylight glass. “What happened?” He asked himself. His dad was lying in an awkward position. Mark crouched down to hear a heartbeat. There was none. “NOOOOOOOOOO!!” Today was a good day for Mark, until now. He started to cry, tears dripping down his face getting colder as the wind catches its trail. Mark laid down next to his father and cried. All he could do was cry. Mark's mom died when he was young. HE couldn’t even remember it, or his mom. Now he had no parents, no family and no one at all. Mark was alone...
After 3 hours of sobbing his eyes till there were no more tears left, he went upstairs where he could climb out of the master bedroom window and onto the garage roof so that he could examine the broken glass. It was as if it had happened in an action movie of some sort. While Mark was on the roof he saw something gleaming in the backyard. He flipped off the shortest part of the roof (what he had learned in gymnastics) and ran over to the bushes behind his house. As he got closer to the bushes he noticed that the shining object was metal. Then he automatically knew what it would be. Then he put his arms in the bushes and opened them. Then suddenly he remembered his dad, and how he used to hug him that way. HIS DAD HAD BEEN SHOT...  ON PURPOSE. The object was in fact a gun. “It must be a silencer” Mark had whispered to himself. He had a lot of neighbors and they were close to his dad, but no one was aware.
He went back inside. He went straight to the kitchen so that he could open the government box. He opened the front door and rushed to the package. Mark opened the envelope and it read:

Dear POTSC,

We are happy to inform you that your son Mark has been selected to be in your will as your successor after you step down. We are ending your term in 2 years time. And if  the next decision that you state jeopardizes the council then you will be forced to give up your position as the president. In the package that we have sent you, you will find yourself a key that will lead you straight to the previous presidents’ location of a special item that will give you special abilities and you can finials retire.is only known to the past council presidents. This is the code of the location, crack it and then you will discover where in the world it is located.

Rey be saem de camer sunerf for yoates.
From, The Council

After reading that letter Mark knew that the C in POTSC stands for council and the P stands or president. He knew that POTUS means: President of the United States. So POTSC means President of the ----------- council.
The S could be anything from scare to sacrifice. What would Mark do? He had to contact someone, but who?
Then he grabbed the phone and dialed 3 numbers.
9-1-1. But what would he say. Someone picked up: “Hello, this the police department please state your emergency.” It appeared to be a man much older that he would have expected. He growled.
“Hi, My name is Mark Katrim” he stopped, his voice quivered. He continued “and when I was coming back from some errands I had to run, I saw my dad lying on the floor dead. There is a skylight at the top of our roof of the garage, it was broken He was shot.”
“Where do you live?” Buzzed the telephone operator
“I live on 13 kamero street. That’s k-a-m-...”
“ Ya, I can spell, kid. We will be on our way.”
There was nothing that Mark could do until the police arrived. Then Mark glared at the package sent by the ------------ council. He got up out of his seat and walked over to it, as if he was forced. He grabbed a knife from the drawer. He held the box in place, and then sliced through the the tape closing the box. He placed down the knife and opened the package. He was expecting some sort of key, but instead, to his surprise, another package. He repeated the same steps as opening the first on. Then inside the second package there was a small wooden box. Mark guessed around the size of half a piece of paper. It was locked. Mark wondered how he would open it. He went back to the kitchen drawer and pulled out a spatula. He hammered the box with his fists of steel, but the lock would not open. Mark got frustrated and threw it on the ground. He was lucky enough that it landed on its top, so that the bottom was facing up. There was a painting of a dragon on the back, except that the eye seemed to be popping out. He bent down to feel it. It was metal, so he pushed down on the eye thinking that something would happen and it did. Once he clicked the eye the lock popped open. Not only that but the box was transforming. Like a child was turning a shirt inside out.
The police were at the door knocking on the hard wood of the door until Mark opened it. He quickly hid the box in one of the cupboards in the kitchen. Then he quickly rushed to the door I have nothing it happened, and then opened The front door. "Hey Mark, we came as soon as we heard what had happened." Said one of the police officers
"How do you know my name" Mark replied
"That's a long story. Lead me to the kitchen" he commanded.
As they walk through the kitchen Mark's heart was thumping so loud he could hear it from outside his chest. They went back to the kitchen and there his dad was lying dead on the floor. They stared at the dead body on the floor, one of the police officers even averted his eyes. Even the site of the dead body had scared us all. One of the investigators had come closer to the body and examined a bullet hole in the chest. He started to wonder who had done this. Then another investigator asked Mark to lead him outside to where he found the gun. As they were walking to the small bush in the backyard the investigators knew right away what the object was. The investigators wanted to keep the item where was in case later that they find out something else had happened. They warned everyone in my neighborhood that there was one person, a killer, roaming around the streets because this was the second killing in three days.  They wondered if this would become a streak for the neighborhood. Then they brought him to Logan airport.
The drive was a exhausting. Mark kept on asking them why we were going to the airport, but they kept a straight face; It must be a secret. Then when they got there they boarded a plane, on the route to the capital. Mark started noticing things that were very strange. There was a man in black sunglasses and an under armour t-shirt. Looking left and right suspiciously, he made his way to the restroom. The plane shook, and the alarm went off. Everyone was to put on their seatbelt and remain calm. Then the man came out of the bathroom and walked to his seat. Except he stopped 5 rows away from Marks seat and just stared at him. The flight attendants got up and asked him to go back to his seat and cause no more trouble. He refused. One woman grabbed him and kicked him in the back, but he didn’t even budge. He turned around and looked at the woman. He said something in German, and swung his fist in the flight attendant’s thigh. Hurt, the woman fell down on one knee. The man had then knuckled the woman in the temple of her head, and just like that she was knocked out. The other flight attendants ran away to the other end of the airplane.
After that commotion, the German grabbed a gun out of his left jacket pocket and aimed it directly towards the window knowing that if he shot all of the oxygen would escape the plane as fast as a teenager out of school. (And that was pretty fast) Luckily, another man got up out of his seat. He gave a kick to the man's back hand, the gun fell, a slid down the aisle. The German turned around angry and punched the guy in the gut. He fell. Three other men, dressed like three bros going on vacation, got out of their seats. They each took out their own gun. They were standing in the aisle across from the German. The stood in a position with their legs a shoulder width apart, and fired. The man fell onto a seat with a baby boy in it, and a flashing object slipped out of his pocket. The little baby had clicked the button on the object, then all of a sudden a deafening sound burst out of the object. Everyone standing dropped and everyone sitting fell asleep; including Mark.
Mark had woken up inside a taxi, wondering where they were going. He then saw a sign in the streets that read: Enjoy your stay in Dc. They were in fact leaving the airport. Mark asked the taxi driver where they were going. He answered quite softly, and Mark couldn't understand. So he waited. He was in the car for three more hours. Then someone appeared in the street, holding a circular like device. He threw it like a frisbee and it glided on the road. Except it wasn't even on the street, it was hovering. When it got to the car that Mark was on, it stuck to the bottom of the taxi as if it was a magnet. Three seconds later, there was an explosion. The man in the street stepped to the side and the car landed on its back and flipped twice. He took Mark out of the taxi and threw him on the street. Fortunately, there were about 12 government cars following the taxi that Mark was in. They all got out, each with a gun. One of them yelled “Youvan Hemzenschimit, put you hands behind above your head and kneel down.” He hadn't responded. “Sir..” Youvan said three minutes later. “You don't understand why I need Mark Katrim” he spoke in a very deep Russian accent.
“He is the one who killed his own father. I witnessed it happen 3 nights ago in Boston, an apartment downtown. He shall be punished and I would be happy to be the one did take him out.” No one could believe what they were hearing. Why and how would Mark kill his own father. They all turned to Mark, with their jaws dropped. And then Youvan smashed a smoke bomb to the floor and vanished. How would Mark lift the weight off his shoulders. 
He was already in the city of the Supreme Court. Would he even be able to explain this.

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »