The Fortune Teller | Teen Ink

The Fortune Teller

By Nerdydork4044, Sherwood, Arkansas
Nerdydork4044, Sherwood, Arkansas

Author's note:

My name is Michelle , and I am twelve years of age. I live in the state of Arkansas, with my brother and grandmother. I love writing, and hope to, someday, be the best writer that ever lived.

"In the near future, my evilness will reign", the fortune teller said to Zyann, willie, and me. "Are you telling us the truth?" I asked. I knew she was not, and if she said yes she was lying to us. "Yes. I never lie." She assured us. "Yeah right," we all said under our breaths. Before she left, she mumbled a few words.

"I think she was just trying to scare us!", were the first words that I said when I exited the booth of the Fortune Teller. The Fortune Teller said her name was Mrs. Mysterious. I doubt that highly. We are at the Carnival of Iceland. It celebrates the day that Iceland was created. My friends and I are living in Iceland. We live in the capital of Iceland which is Reykjavik. "Do you both think that she is telling the truth?" Zyann said. "I do not think she is because she would have to be really smart and a real fortune teller. So, no I think she is just trying to scare us." willie said. "I totally agree with willie." I agreed. I was lying then. I really disagreed with willie. I do not trust the fortune teller. The summer of 2021 is a weird one. No doubt about it!

The next day, a war broke out. It is Iceland, Europe against Chad, Africa. I am beginning to think that the fortune teller was right. The war broke out in Akranes, Iceland. I hate that it broke out there because Reykjavik is right beside Akranes, Iceland. The war broke out because Iceland has no army or navy, so we really did not have a chance at the war. I called Zyann and Willie  on my iPhone 5s. I made a conference call with Zyann and willie in it. The phone kept ringing for about three seconds."What's up?", Zyann and willie said at the same time. "Not much. Did you hear about the war?" I said. "Yes. I am sitting at my house with the television on the war. I am sitting here watching the war live." Zyann said. "Me, too." willie said. "Me three.", I said. We talked a little bit more about the war and then a light bulb came on in my head. "So, do you both want to come to my house and watch the war?" I said. "Sure." Zyann and Willie said. "I will ask my mom to pick y'all up. We will be there in a minute." I said. My mom drove me to willie's house in her bright, new convertible. willie's house is a two-story, blue house made with bricks.  My house is a two-story red house made with stone. I opened up the front seat car door and went up to willie's door. I rung his doorbell. willie came running out. He was wearing a T-Shirt and jeans. "So, get in the car," I said. "Okay. I will be in the back seat. I like the back seat 'cause there is a miniature television." He replied. My mom drove us to Zyann's house, which is five minutes away from willie's house. When we got to Zyann's house, we both bolted out of the car and ran to her door. I beat willie to the door. "I win!" I cried. I had never beaten him before in anything! I was so happy. "You can knock on her door, willie, I do not care.", I said. willie knocked really loud. "I'M COMING! I'M COMING!" We heard as Zyann walked to the door.

It took twenty minutes for us to get to my house. When we all got to my house, I said "Y'all can go in. Here are the keys.". I gave Zyann the keys. We all barged inside. "First one to the television gets to turn it on!" I said. We all raced to the television. Zyann got there first. "I win!" Zyann cried. She turned on the television. "I think something is, weird especially the fortune teller. The war broke out RIGHT after the day she said her evilness will reign. Do you agree with me, both of you?" I said. "Yes, yes, I kind of do." Zyann and Willie said a second apart from each other. After that, we talked about the fortune teller and the war. Then we saw something weird on the television. We saw the fortune teller on the television. "That's weird. I think I just saw the fortune teller. Wait! I did see the fortune teller!" Willie cried. "What fortune teller?" My mom replied. "A fortune teller I saw at the Carnival of Iceland," Willie said. "Okay. You were probably seeing things, Willie." My mom said. I doubt that he was. "I saw her too," I said. "Me, too," Zyann said.  After that, we all talked and played a game of One. After we got done with that, it was nine o'clock, our curfew. Since we are thirteen years old, we had a curfew. Personally, I hate curfews. "Time to go." My mom told Zyann and Willie. "Aww!" Willie and Zyann said at the exact same time. We all hopped into the car and my mom took us all home. We all sat in the back seat and watched "Annabella". Americans say it differently. I know this because I studied it in school. They say "Annabelle". Annabella is an awesome movie. It's a type of horror movie about a girl doll. When I got back home, I went to sleep because I was extremely tired.

The next day, I woke up at ten o'clock in the morning. I woke to the delicious smell of pancakes on the stove. I love pancakes! I went downstairs and went into the kitchen and sat down on the chair. My mom put my pancakes on my silver plate. The plates that We own are not literally made out of silver. They are just painted silver. "Thanks, mom", I told my mom. "You're very welcome.", my mom replied. I ate my pancakes like a pig. "Whoa, slow down there, you might choke dear.", my mom said. "Okay," I said while my mouth was stuffed with pancakes. The pancakes were delicious. They had maple syrup on them with two strawberries on top. After I finished eating, I took a shower and changed my clothes. I changed into a T-Shirt with a picture of Norwegian Vikings on a boat in the middle of the ocean. I love this T-Shirt because it shows the Vikings of the year of eight hundred seventy-four. Those are the Norwegian Vikings, which are the Norwegian Vikings that set sail from their mother country with their families, livestock, slaves, and other possessions. They left so they could seek a new life. They sailed over six hundred miles (which is one thousand kilometers). This T-Shirt shows my past. That is why I love it so much. I have, at least, four shirts exactly like this one. I picked out regular jean shorts. The jean shorts did include a picture of the diatomite (which is the chief mineral in  Iceland) on the left leg. The diatomite is kind of cool in many ways. I do not know why, but diatomite looks kind of like a regular diamond. It basically symbolizes a diamond. Diatomite is my second favorite mineral. My first favorite mineral is an emerald. After I took a shower and got dressed, I asked my mom if I could ride my scooter around the neighborhood. My neighborhood is very small. It has one store and a lot Of houses. She said that I could if I did my chores. My chores are:
Doing the laundry,
Doing the dishes,
And feeding our dog, Midnight.
Midnight is our dog. He is about two years old (fourteen years in dog years). He has a black coat (fur). Down his neck, he has white fur with black dots. He is a c***er spaniel.  It took me about twenty minutes (all together) to finish my chores. My chores were kind of hard since it took (basically) forever just to get my dog in the house and get the twig that he had in his mouth, out of his mouth, so he could come inside. When I got done, I asked my mom "Can I ride my scooter around the neighborhood now, please?" She replied in one word "Yes." I was so thrilled. She usually does not let me go. I went outside (in the backyard) and opened the garage. My scooter is bright blue with ships on it. The ships represent the ships that the Vikings sailed. I explained all that before. I rode my scooter out to the road. I rolled it onto the parking lot of the store right next to my house. The name of the store is "The Norwegian Store". It has lots of Norwegian clothes and stuff. Norwegian is in style. I rode my scooter down the road that is in the back of the Norwegian store. I rode it to the middle of the road. Then, I saw the fortune teller. AGAIN!  First, I saw her at the fair. Next, I saw her on the television at the war. NOW, I saw her just now on the road in back of my house. She mumbled a few words and then he just disappeared. HOW WIERD!!!

Then, I saw a robber break into the house behind me. I immediately called the emergency number which is two three three. The robber had a gun, so I rode my scooter as fast as I could home. I immediately called zyann and willie. I told them all about it. They were amazed and scared also.

For the rest of the night, I sat on the colorful couch in the living room and watched a sitcom called "The Parterny Family". The Parterny Family is a family that is also a band while they are a family. They are kind of cool, but I mainly just watched them because I was bored (to death; I died a tragic death of boredom.). After The Parterny Family went off, I watched another sitcom called "the Rodneysons". The Rodneysons is a sitcom based off of another sitcom. Well, at least they got the idea of the Rodneysons off of another sitcom. The channel that I was watching was called "The Oldies". It is a fun channel to watch, and it has a bunch of shows that were around back in the nineteen hundreds. Then, the power went off in my house. There was no storm or any type of horrible weather!!! It took a couple of minutes for the power to turn back on. I had to fix all the clocks in the house. I looked at my phone for the correct time. It was eleven o'clock at night. Of course, y mom was already asleep (which she is). I turned the television back on. This time, the television was on a channel I have never heard of, instead of the channel I had it on. My mom and I own a flat screen television. The television has cable (I believe it has every channel in the world also.). When I turned the television back on, the channel was F-T-6. The fortune teller was on that channel! What a coincidence! She mumbled a few words, then the television returned to the channel I had it on before. Every time that fortune teller mumbles something, something bad happens, I thought. Then, I fell asleep to the Rodneysons. This time, I fell asleep at three o'clock in the morning.

The next morning, I woke up at ten o'clock. My mom told me that she would drive me to a restaurant so I could eat breakfast. I did not really care about the restaurant name, so I forgot it. It took my mom twenty minutes to drive us there. We went inside the glass doors and we sat down at a booth. The waiter came and greeted us. "Welcome. I will be your waiter today. My name is Alécandric. What would you like today?", he said. "Give us a second please." My mom said in the most polite mom-voice ever. "Yes, ma'am", the waiter replied. He left and started cooking some food for the other customers. This restaurant is a very popular restaurant, so it was very crowded and they had a lot of orders and things to cook. "Can I have a Norwegian sandwich With lemonade, mom?" I said. "Sure", she replied. I love Norwegian sandwiches! My mom rang the bell that signaled the waiter. It took him a  few minutes to get to our table. "Ma'am?", he asked politely. "May I have a Norwegian sandwich, lemonade, and Iceland fries for her. I want a Norwegian waffle with Iceland sausage and water. And, it is all for here, not to go." My mom said. "Yes, ma'am, " he said. Then he walked to behind the cash register and fixed our food. After a few minutes, I saw the fortune teller behind him. She mumbled the same words that she mumbles all the time, and just... Vanished. When one waitress was done with someone else's food, she gave it to that customer (who was a boy). When he ate one piece of his food, he began to choke  and then became unconscious. That was HORRIBLE!!! My mom and I began to leave the restaurant. No one else saw it but us and three other people. I stopped dead in my tracks when I was almost out of the door and yelled "sorry for the inconvenience, but we will be leaving." I did not hear what they said back. Matter of fact, I do not even know if they answered me. My mom and I went home. When we got home, I fixed a bowl of oatmeal and ate it for breakfast. The rest of the day went by in a blur, but the sight of that guy stayed in my head. The scene kept going on and on and on. Will he be all right? I kept asking myself. Then, I remembered that the fortune teller was there and she mumbled those words. She probably poisoned the poor guy! I thought. How sad! I did not get any sleep that night (or day, as a matter of fact!) because I could not quit thinking about the fortune teller.

The next day was Monday. It was almost the end of June. We go back to school in September. As a matter of fact, we go back to school on the twenty-third of September. I ate breakfast at seven o'clock in the morning (remember that I did not get any sleep last night!). I ate a piece of toast and Norwegian eggs for breakfast. It was delicious! I watched Chuck from nine o'clock to ten o'clock. Then, I saw the fortune teller in my backyard! She mumbled some words... Then disappeared... AGAIN!! Then, all the grass in my yard turned white. All the bugs and animals died. I feel bad for the bugs and animals that were in my yard! I thought. Then, all the living things in my yard died. I could not stop thinking about the evil fortune teller. She just wants to rule the world! I need to stop her! I thought. At that very millisecond, I called Zyann and Willie and told them all I know about the fortune teller. They were amazed, shocked, and curious. After the call ended, I went to sleep because I was exhausted from not sleeping last night. I slept all day and night. I am a good sleeper!!

The next morning, I woke up at six o'clock. I slept all day and night. I ate cereal for breakfast. After I ate, I called my friends and told them I am sneaking to their house so we can try and stop the fortune teller. They said okay. They were awake also because they stayed awake all night thinking about the fortune teller. After we finished the call, I brought some stuff with me to their house. I brought:
a rope and ten euros,
my phone (in case of emergencies),
a camera/video recorder (to record our awesomeness of stopping her),
a bottle of hot water,
and, a bottle of cold water.
It took me thirty minutes to get to Zyann's house. When I got to her house, Willie was already there. "Hello," I said to Zyann and Willie. They replied by saying hello. "Let's go defeat that evil fortune teller! Or whatever she is!" I said. "Yes!!!" They both replied at the same time. We walked for thirty minutes with no sign of the fortune teller. "She might just be chicken," Willie said. "I agree.", I agreed. Then, a puff of smoke came right before us. "You wanted me?" The fortune teller said when the puff of smoke left. She followed what she said by the stupidest evil laugh ever. It sounded like a squirrel that was trying to sing a high note. It was that bad!  "Yes, we wanted you.", I said. "Good. I did not want to just come here for anything. Even if I did come for nothing, I would cause more trouble in this area, anyway. What fun!" The fortune teller said. "It is not fun, it is bad! Why are you even doing this anyway?", I said. "No reason. It is just fun to do.", she answered. "Well then, let us stop this, so called, fun!" Zyann said. "Yeah!" Willie and I agreed. "Maybe this is like the Wizard of Norway!", I whispered to Zyann and Willie, quiet enough for only us three to hear. "Yeah. Probably." Zyann said. "Throw each bottle of water on her and see!" Willie said. I threw some of the hot water on her. "What are you trying to do? Melt me? I am not sugar, obviously." She said. Then, she threw water on us. It did not do a thing. Right after she threw the water on us, she mumbled the magical words, and the large puddle of water beneath us turned into a big lake. Zyann, Wille, and I all leaped to the left side. "Nice try," I said. "You need to try harder," Zyann said. "Yeah, you really do. We even try harder than you." Willie agreed. Next, we threw the cold water on her. It was no use. "Ugh!" Willie, Zyann, and I said at the same time. Then, we threw the rope at her. She started to turn into a skeleton. "No! Ropes are what kill all of us! All of us, fortune tellers!", she said. "Is she faking? She could have mumbled those words without us hearing them." Zyann said. "I do not know, Zyann." I said. "Let me check, okay? Just to make sure.", Willie said. He touched her bones when she turned into a complete skeleton. "Yes. She is not faking! We killed her!" Willie said. "YEAH!" We all yelled. I called a taxi to come and take us all home since I brought ten euros. The taxi brought us all home. We felt good, but we did not tell anyone what had happened.(Remember, there are more fortune tellers in Iceland!)It was a perfectly good ending. Or was it? The end? Or not?