Ruined | Teen Ink

Ruined

Author's note:

Rated T/M for language and gore

The only Chapter sadly.

“Come on Canine! Stop stopping or we will never make it to Sanctuary in time,” exclaimed Codsworth. Canine just looked up at him with a glare,
“We will continue at this pace and be just fine, I want to see the world for what it is,” stated Canine.
“It’s your head,” Codsworth whispered under his breath.
“Both of you stop, now,” Val ordered, “Keep this up and I’ll throw you both off the next cliff.”
“Yes mother,” joked Codsworth. Val then punched Codsworth hard on the arm, “Ow!”

They been arguing for the last 2 miles. Codsworth worries because he doesn’t want the Turin to find them. Canine doesn’t care, he has killed over a hundred of Turin in his time as a Runner and a nomad. Val is trying to keep them from killing each other, and she also wants to find a Jun flower so she can-

“Hey! Watch your step up here potholes can sometimes hold a Ghoul,” warned Codsworth.
“Ok son, watch your tone with me before I smack your head off your shoulders,” joked Canine, He liked to tease Codsworth the same way he teases.
“Screw you,” retorted Codsworth.

They continued down the broken road, they luckily didn’t run into a ghoul. They had only a few precious bullets and their blades were starting to dull. They were close to a Pack Outpost, which were on the way to Sanctuary. They could hear the yells of a horde near the outpost, they started to fear the worst.

“Hey, you two go check that out,” ordered Val, “I’ll provide overwatch.”
“Codsworth, you first. Ladies first after all,” joked Canine.
“B****es follow,” Retorted Codsworth.
“What was that?” questioned Canine, “I thought I heard you call me a b****?”
“I would never! How dare you question me!’ Codsworth responded.
“Let’s just go you jackass,”

They slowly climbed the hill till the roar of a horde was deafening, they then peeked over the hill a saw the outpost going up in flames and trucks of Pack soldiers and civilians trying to get away as quick as they could. They couldn’t hear the orders of the soldiers as a roar was continuously heard throughout the outpost. Canine never heard a roar quite like this, and he has heard horde roars before. Their was the obvious horde roar, once you heard that once it never left you. This wasn’t much as a roar but a war cry of a alpha Turin. These calls scare even the Turin’s fellow monsters to their bones.

“Should we leave?” Codsworth asked with the color drained from his face.
“Yes, yes we should,” Canine answered called Val on the radio to get her to run to a empty truck.
“But why? We can kill this thing!” Val always wanted to fight a Alpha Turin but everyone else including Canine backed off from them.
“Val I order you to get off that hill and get to the truck NOW!” Canine was getting angrier every time Val tried to rebel against him. She never did like to have a leader above her, she rather be the boss.
“Yes, sir,” Val wanted that thing dead.

The trio made their way to the empty truck, fighting off the humongous horde pouring out of the base. They just got the truck started when the Alpha appeared, it was at least 25 ft tall, barely bigger that the Pack’s mess hall. It appeared to be a Tank Turin, which are one of the strongest Turins outside the Battlegrounds. The Tank Turin are Turin which had been killed as a Hunter(Hunters are a type of Turin, theirs over 15 different types of Turin) in a tank via explosion and were infused with the tank itself. As the description of their origin shows only a few live and their very hard to kill.

“It just had to be a Tank Turin, it couldn’t be anything else?!?!” exclaimed Codsworth.
“Val better be in the back and ready to shoot, you climb back there and help her!” Canine was the only one who knew where to drive to get away, so Codsworth had to go in the back.

As the truck groaned to a start, their friend the Tank Turin started bashing on more of the building in the outpost, based on its behavior patterns in the past it should have stayed and continued bashing but alphas are more intellectual compared to Ghouls(Ghouls are normal Turin). It saw the horde descending onto the fleeing troops and civilians and started to make it’s way there.

“No! You five, hold it back!” One of the officers ordered at a group of Heavy Troopers(Subclass of Pack troops).
“They won’t last, Val help me kill that thing!” When Val arrived Codsworth already unloaded a mag into the Turin’s side. As the two started unloading into the Turin some trucks started to pull away.

“Finally, they need to floor that pedal, or else they’ll never make it,” The drivers did exactly that they punch it to get away to the closest outpost. Canine also just got the truck moving.

“WE ARE LEAVING!” Canine shouted so the others didn’t fall out.
“NO, we have to help them!”Codsworth didn’t want to leave the troops.
“You said it yourself! Their won’t last! Even the officer knows!”
“Fine, atleast let me-” Canine didn’t get to finish before the boulder that the Tank Turin just threw hit the truck.

They blacked out, the truck flipped over the hill the other trucks were taking. They were surprised to see the truck rolling down the hill with a boulder lodged into it. The Tank followed the truck looking for meat, it was hungry. Can the Tank Turin just leave them alone?!