On the Inside | Teen Ink

On the Inside

By 16misa, Two Rivers, Wisconsin
16misa, Two Rivers, Wisconsin

Summary:

“Joelle, your going to be late for school! The bus is here!” my father yelled. I jumped up in pain, nearly hitting my head on the desk that I was writing on. I had been up writing all night. I needed to finish the chapter before I left for school, but I guess I’ll have to write it on the way. I ran my fingers through my brown curly hair and slowly made my way out of the chair I was sitting in. I grabbed the closest thing that was in my closet to me and through it on. “Jo, come on!” I groaned and ran as fast as I could down the stairs. I saw my dad waiting for me by the front door with my back pack in his hand. “I can’t have you staying up all night here writing, your mother would have a fit!” he said, running his hand through my hair as we walked down the path to the car.
When I was ten years old, my parents filed for divorce. That was one of the hardest things that I had to endure, but this is what made me start writing. I remember the day like it was yesterday. My dad holding me as I cried into his shoulder, and my mom walking out the door with her knew boyfriend carrying her luggage. That day always had a toll on me, something that I knew I was never going to forget. That was the day that my fairytale ended, my parents were never going to be together anymore. No more late night snacks watching old TV shows, no more family lunches and grandma’s house, and no more ice cream dates on the front porch. I was told that everything happens for a reason, maybe this happened to me because God wanted my life to unfold like a writer, an author, and an over all poet.

16misa

On the Inside

This book has 1 comment.

Schnebly123 said...
on May. 26 2016 at 3:05 pm
Schnebly123, Phoenix, Arizona

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable. -Walt Disney

I can get so into writing like this sometimes as well. I literally feel like I'm IN my story half the time. This story is really good except for a few small spelling errors (I'm a grammar nut, I can't help it). Keep going, this is fantastic!