War Story | Teen Ink

War Story

By Gagai, cupertino, California
Gagai, Cupertino, California

Author's note:

My name is Raghu and this piece is about war

As Richard walked home from school. He heard many panicked conversations and  saw many frightened faces. Richard wondered what caused all these people to be this terrified and more importantly, why? Richard walked home puzzled. Everything seemed to be normal. The cool wind was blowing in a steady pace. The leaves and trees were moving slowly and normally. The bright sun was shining down from the clear blue sky.
Richard walked home but was very paranoid. He had no idea why everybody was so scared. In fact it was almost like R.E.C and evil organization that once terrorized the world with it’s military superiority and world dominating plans until the army that was led by none other than Richard’s dad had gone to the battlefield and fought the R.E.C and won. It had been a bloody war.
The R.E.C had many great weapons. Their men were top class and they had spies everywhere. In fact, the amount of R.E.C spies grew so big at one point that anytime an employee wanted to sign up for a job, they would have to first go through a thorough investigation that sometimes took days and sometimes even weeks.
Richard walked on top of his granite porch. A porch that led to a beautiful garden. The garden had lots of flowers and other types of plants. There were tulips of every color. Vine plants that arched over the marble pathway that went through the middle of the frand garden.
As the pathway moved along. The sweet smell of Roses could be smelled. At the end of the pathway, there was a giant statue. A statue made out of pure gold. A statute that made the house look like the house belong to a god. A statue so huge it made the trees tremble.
It was as if the statue had a barrier of power. It felt so powerful that nobody would dare touch it. This statue was the statue of the Crasts. In the base of the statue, there was a bronze plate and you could see and name written in black. George Crast.
Richard walked around the pathway and walked in front of his father’s grand doors. The doors made out of the finest wood available. The carvings were made out of the finest men. Kings would come in front of these doors and would feel jealous. Richard inserted and I.D card into a little slot in the door, the slot barely visible. The doors then opened. Richard walked in the doors and the grand doors closed behind him.
He walked through the great hall of fame that stood in the front of the house. The hall that recorded all the grand military leaders. The people that the gave the Crast’s their superior name. As Richard walked past all of them there stood a giant painting. This was the painting of the man that all the Crasts looked up to. This man’s name was Roplo Crast.
“Roplo Crast”, said Richard and as he said these words, the painting of the supreme military leader seemed to divide into two. As the painting unfolded, a hallway was revealed, this hallway was almost pitch black.
“Richard Roplo George”, said Richard and bright lights lighted up the way. A thin hallway that led to another door. On the towering walls next to the pathway were packed with rows and rows of machine guns. These guns would open fire on any intruder that attempted to get in the house of the Crasts without the hallway lights on.
Richard walked to the end of the hallway and opened the glass doors on the end. As he did this, blue lights turned on and became brighter as each second passed revealing the doors that led to the house itself.  Richard switched on the light and sat down on his sofa in the middle of his living room.
Richard’s living room was bigger than the everyday living room. There were multiple television sets located throughout the living room. There were many couches made out of the most comfortable material available. The walls were painted bright brown and the top of the ceiling was painted tan.  There was a grand piano located in an empty corner in the living room and more couches where Richard was standing.
Richard sat down on one of the couches and turned on one of the giant televisions. He then switched to the news channel and there it was. The headline read breaking news, evidence of R.E.C have been found! Richard watched in terror as the news report went on talking about the sightings of R.E.C and numerous assaults in many parts of the world. Just as the news report was about to end, the door swung open. It was Richard’s father, George Crast.
George had a very bulky appearance and people could automatically infer that George Crast worked in the military. George had a taser attached to his waist. This tazor always brought fear to the family even though it was never used. George was wearing his normal military suit but he had a protective coat on top of it. A bright yellow bulletproof coat that was used during his fight with R.E.C.
“How are you Richard?” asked George. “You hear about the news?”
“yep sure I did”, responded Richard. “So now you have to go fight against R.E.C. again right?”
“By the looks of it yea”, said George. “Unfortunately, this means that the U.S. military and I will have to work even longer than usual, the president will want us working our butts off”.
“That should suck”, said Richard. “Wish I could help too”.
“Actually now you can!”, said George
“Really?”, asked Richard.
“yep”, replied George. “The only things standing in your way are one, you have to be committed to this, there ain’t no place to be slacking got it?”
“yep”, replied Richard.
“Second and lastly, you can’t be afraid of anything”, said George.
This second term was hard for Richard. Richard had always be afraid of many things and one of the big ones was that he would die in the battlefield. During the war against R.E.C, Richard had seen so many people die right before his eyes. He remembered the scared faces on all the soldiers before the bullet went through their head and out the other end. He remembered the blood spilling out of the soldier’s head as he fell to the ground. And of he could ask for anything, he would ask that his life did not end in that painful scary way.
However knowing all of this, he still had to go out onto the battlefield no matter how scared he was of bullets of tanks of guns. Because if he chose not to go out to the battlefield and become a military commander, he would destroy his family’s name. The Crasts were known for their supreme military power for centuries and he did not want to be the one to destroy that golden name.
reluctantly, Richard said “yes, I won’t be scared and will take down anything evil that stands in my way”.
“excellent”, said George. “But you’re off the hook for now”.
“what?”, asked Richard
“Yea little bud, you too young to be in the military right now”, said George. “You need to be at least seventeen to be in the military, not twelve”
With that news Richard felt so happy. He would not have to be the one to fight R.E.C and potentially get shot to death. He would not have to lead ten-thousand people into war and get blamed if they all died. But he did not dare share this feeling with his dad knowing how sad his dad will be to learn the truth
“Aw man”, he said instead.
“Don’t worry”, said George. “It’s only five more years, oh yea, before I forget, I need to give you something”.
Richard followed his father through all of the long hallways in their enormous house. George tuned on all the lights as they walked through all the hallways. The lighting revealed the fancy decoration on each of the walls. There were gold patterns on almost every turn and more portraits of all the other Crasts. Then George came to a stop. opened the door and let Richard in.
Richard was surprised where he actually was when George turned on the lights. This was the room that Richard had always wanted to go into but never could because George would not let him in. Now he understood why.
All of George’s most prized artifacts were in here. The rarest guns that were only made by the Crasts themselves years ago. There was only one of these rarest of the rare guns in the whole world. Then in the very front of the room was a painting of Roplo Crast. And on the center of that painting in a clean glass box lie a single gun.
George walked up to the painting and opened the box and took out the gun. He held the gun with so much care it was like his own baby. He then slowly walked up to Richard
“This gun here, is called the gun of god”, he said. “This is the gun that was used by Roplo to kill the leader of the hardest foe he faced. It also is the gun I used to kill the leader of R.E.C in my day”.
He then slowly handed it to Richard.
Richard had never seen such a gun before. The gun was made out of wood, the wood was polished until it felt as if nobody could polish it even further. In the center of the gun, in golden letters was the word Crast.
“Wow, bet this gun is very important to the family name”, said Richard
“you bet it is”, said George. “But now, it’s yours”.
“Really?”, asked Richard. “But it’s your gun”.
“Not just mine little bud”, said George. “This gun was made by Roplo Crast himself, but do you know why the gun says Crast and not Roplo Crast?”
“No”, replied Richard.
“That's cause this gun was made to be inherited by the next little military general in the family, if this gun didn’t exist, the family wouldn’t have been motivated to achieve great military heights. Instead, they would work somewhere else, and who knows if I would have been a military general to stop R.E.C in their tracks”.
“Wow”, said Richard
“Guess who’s the next little bud who gets this gun?”, asked George
“Me!”, screamed Richard as Richard and George put the gun back in it’s glass case and walked out of the room.
Five years passed since Richard had inherited the gun of god from his father, and still, R.E.C had not come to their full height yet. Richard still remembered the promise he made to his father five years ago. The promise that he would join the military and carry out the family name. And now, he was. He was part of the military. Undergoing training to become the next general.
“All right men!”, said Richard’s trainer. “It’s time to practice shooting!”
Richard had always been a good shooter. His father told him that too.
You get your great shooting ability from Kruty Crast. He would say. He was so good at shooting that he once sniped everybody in the opposing army even before they could kill a single one of our men!
Richard loaded up his rifle. He inserted bullets inside his gun and aimed it towards the target. The target had one red center a blue circle outside that, a green circle outside that, a yellow circle outside that, and the rest of the target was brown.
Most people in the army would feel proud of themselves if they hit the red target but Richard was not one of those people
Richard focused his eyes on a tiny dark purple dot in the middle of the red center. A dot so small it was hard to see. A dot so tiny many thought hitting that target was impossible.
But nothing in the shooting world was impossible to Richard
“Ready?”, said the trainer. “Aim, Fire!”
Richard and his other companions fired. The force of the bullet threw many backwards and the dust that came out of the gun was like a truck toppled over a mountain of sand. The bullet’s speed was so fast it was impossible to see the bullet strike the target and the sound of the fire was so loud it hurt Richard’s ears.
When the dust cleared, the results of the shots were revealed. The man next to Richard yelled in joy. Richard looked over to see where his bullet had hit. In his target. There was a tiny hole in the border of the red circle. The other man next to Richard did not say anything. Richard looked over to see that his bullet had hit the green circle. The trainer came walking around looking at everybody’s results saying “Great!” or “nice”. The trainer then walked over to Richard. The trainer then paused in front of Richard target and stared straight at the target. He saw a tiny hole. Almost the size of the bullet itself. A hole that was in the center of the smallest purple target in the center of the red target that so many thought was impossible to get.
“well now I see why you’re part of the Crast family”, said the trainer. “got that shooting power from Kruty did ya?”
“well I suppose”, replied Richard.
“Great work anyway”, said the trainer as he walked away to check on the other shooters.
At the end of the class. The trainer excused the people in training. Richard walked out of the training realm and out the gates of the army camp. Suddenly someone yelled “Richard!”
Richard turned around to see his trainer running towards him. He slowed down his momentum and came to a stop in front of Richard. He was breathing heavily and his face was covered in sweat. He was a bulky man and had a small beard on his chin.
“I know you’re too young, but do you want to join the military?”
Richard was speechless at the sound of this request. It would make his father so happy. He would be the only one in the entire camp that ever joined the military early.
“you could make an excellent sniper”, said the trainer.
Richard was flattered. He knew that his shooting was good but he never thought  that he would be recognized for it.
“sure”, he said. “I’d love to”
“Great, good luck!”, said Richard’s trainer
Richard skipped home in joy. He could not wait to tell his father about him joining the military.
Richard walked around the golden statue of George Crast, through the room of machine guns and into his house. Richard went through a corridor turning on a yellow light lighting up the hallway. Richard walked down the hallway and stepped in front of his father’s door. He slowly opened the door trying not to disturb his dad. Then he walked in the room looking for his father. He turned on the light and searched around the room. He searched inside his dad’s closet to find nothing in there. He did not see his dad in the bathroom either. He even looked under his dad’s bed to see if he might be in there. But all he saw were juice boxes and chips.
         Richard sadly left the room and went into the living room. He sat on one of his couches and turned on is television. He switched it to the news channel. And when he did he was struck in fear. “The R.E.C has struck again!. This time bombing the white house. Very trained snipers sniped the guards at the top of the tower easily allowing the helicopter to bomb the rest of the white house.” This news report terrified Richard. The only people that were that good at sniping had to be R.E.C. The thing that scared Richard the most had now become reality.  He had just been invited to join the military today and his dad would not let him drop out. This meant that he had to snipe people in the military the most elite military in the planet. Richard was too scared to fight R.E.C. after this news report, he decided to wait it out before telling his dad that he had been invited to be a sniper for the army.
Over the next few days, there were more news reports. All the reports about governments taken down by R.E.C and countries now pledging loyalty to R.E.C. A map was shown in the television as a visual to how much R.E.C had conquered. R.E.C had conquered all of Asia, Europe, and Australia. They had conquered parts of Canada and Mexico, little bits of Africa were conquered too. Each visual, each news report, each update only made Richard fear the battle ahead of him even more.
         Richard turned of the television and sat in fear for a few minutes. Then his door flew open and his dad stood outside the door.
         “Hey Richard my boy!”, he yelled as he came through the door.
         “Hi dad”, Richard said. “Today, I joined the military”.
         “WHAT!!”, screamed his dad with tons of joy. “That’s so great!”
         Richard did not want to tell his dad that he wanted to drop out because he was scared and didn’t want to fight R.E.C. But he did not dare. He pictured his dad in his mind. His face red with anger and his powerful voice yelling at Richard.
“This is great!”, screamed Richard’s father. “Now you can help us fight against R.E.C tomorrow!”
Richard froze in fear. Tomorrow? he thought. That’s so close. Then, Richard had questions flooding into his brain. Am I ready?, Do I have enough endurance?, What if I get shot?, Will the rest of the army except me?...
“All right dad, I’m ready”. Said Richard taking all of the burning questions in his mind out of consideration.
“Then you better go to bed now”, said George. “ you have a big day tomorrow.
Richard walked away from George saying good night as he went to his room. He turned on the light, brushed his teeth and went to be. It was so warm under his wonderful covers. But even with the wonderful warmth. He could not sleep.
The tension of tomorrow was still lurking in him. When he closed his eyes. All he could see were the sighting of the previous battle against R.E.C. Fire burning on all of the buildings, smoke everywhere. Dead men all over the bloody floor. An still, planes bombing each other and. Tanks shooting and blowing up everything in their path. Planes crashing into the buildings on purpose. Knocking over the buildings. The buildings crushing everything that stood in the place the building wanted to land in.
And in the vision. He saw a woman. A woman that he remembered so well. She was holding her hand doing everything in her power to protect him. She had a great look of fright and she was so pale. Richard and the woman were running from the battle when a bullet came through the woman's forehead. She let of Richard’s head as she fell. She looked at him, smiled and died.
Richard was woken up extra early the next day.
“Rise n’ shine little buddy”, said George.
Richard could barely open his eyes. It was as if someone had shoved four buckets of sand into Richard’s eyes. He slowly got out of bed. He felt so weak. Outside, it was still dark. Richard had no Idea if it was even the next day.
“All right Richard, time to go destroy R.E.C”, said George Crast.
Richard was puzzled. How did his dad know exactly where R.E.C was? His dad had been up all night yesterday, but how did he pinpoint R.E.C’s position. Richard decided not to go too deep into it knowing that his dad hated wasting time.
“Alright, I’m ready”, said Richard.
Richard put on his military outfit. He got all of his military gear. And George went into his rome of fame and got the gun of god. He looked at it for a while and then said
“We’ll be needing this”, and went out of the room.
They headed out of George’s house and went outside.
It was raining very hard outside. The darkness made it so that you could only see the rain in places lit by a lamp. The air was cold and fierce. It was hailing too. The hail was the size of little snowflakes. George and Richard wore a coat over themselves and each of them had an umbrella. This umbrella was different from most however. This umbrella was made out of steel. An umbrella used to block out hail and the rain. George and Richard slowly walked to their car. A driver was all ready for them.
“Rough day isn't it”, said the driver.
“Ye can say that again”, replied George.
Instead of giving directions to the military base they were going to, George gave the driver coordinates. George told Richard that he did that to keep the base secret so R.E.C did not come and attack the base. George carefully held the gun of god as he entered the car. Richard entered the back seat and shut his door. George did the same and the driver started the car.
The car was very nice and warm. It was like Richard entered another world when he stepped into the car. It was as if Richard crossed the gates from hell to heaven.  Richard sat very still in the car. For one thing, he was very cold from the outside climate and he was very scared of the upcoming battle. He had never been to war before. He had never sniped a moving target before. He did not have the quick reflexed needed to be in the military.
“Ready Richard my boy?”, asked George.
“I’ll be fine”, Richard replied. “I’m a little scared. I have no idea how to hit a moving target. I’ve never played hide and seek with guns before”.
George did a short chuckle and then said
“No need to worry kid, said George. “ Just think that the target that you shoot in training was moving. But the good thing about this is that you don’t have to always hit the tiny purple target.”
“Yea, you’re right”, said Richard. His dad had just done what he always does to Richard. Richard was not scared of the battle for the rest of the way.
The car came to as stop. Richard lifted his head up to see that they were at the military base. The outline of the building was blurry because of the intense rain. Richard had no idea in what setting he was in until he saw the raging waves splash on top of the rocks. Then he realized he was right next to the ocean.
“All right we're here”, said George. “Ready buddy?”
“Yep”, said Richard as he left the car. After thanking the driver, Richard and George went into the grand legendary headquarters known as Roplo headquarters.
The air was still freezing and the hail was still pounding at Richard. Richard held his steel umbrella up as he walked with his father. The building was enormous. There were many lights forged inside the building lighting the building’s brown color up. Richard could see the bricks and sand that made the walls of the towering building. The building was slightly arched towards Richard.
Richard stood next to the door. A wall was above them blocking the fierce hail. Richard rolled up his umbrella and watched George take an identification card out of a zipped up pocket in his coat. He then held the card to a little scanner buried in the walls so well Richard could barely see it. A chandelier hanging from the wall above of Richard lit up and the two doors in front of Richard opened up. Richard and George then walked inside.
The inside was like a maze. A dark maze. There were no lights inside the room. Only firm steel walls that made the path of the maze. George took a flashlight and started walking. George didn’t need a map to know where to go. It was like he memorized it. He just took turns like he went through the maze thousands of times before. Once in awhile, George would call for Richard to see if he was lost.
George took a final turn and Richard saw light. George stopped Richard.
“Wait one second”, he said. He started deactivating all of the defense systems
“All righty”, he said and Richard and George walked all the way to the end of the maze. George enabled all of the defenses and they walked outside to the back of the building.
The second when George opened the door, a fierce wind blew in the room. The sharp coldness entered the room too. Richard and George both opened their steel umbrellas and went outside.
There were many men waiting outside just for George to show up.
“Evening sir”, they all said in unison.
“Hello, hello”, George replied. “Y’all ready to fight R.E.C again?”
“Yes sir”, the rest of the team said. The whole army got on a military plane, including Richard. The plane was  plane was gigantic, it was decorated with military decorations. The plane was armed with guns and bombs. Everybody Richard walked past in the plane said welcome of ready?. Each time Richard thought to himself Am I really ready? George was in the pilot area giving the pilot coordinates of the building they were going to. He came back and gave Richard a seat and sat down next to him. The plane's engines started to turn on. The rumbling noise of the powerful engine turned on. The plane started moving then speeding up. It started to go faster and faster and then it took off. The take off was so fast it was as if someone was pulling Richard down as the plane took off. Richard ears clogged up and pain filled in his ears. He opened his mouth and closed his mouth frequently to level the pain.
As Richard looked out of his window, he could see the fierce ocean currents getting smaller and smaller. But even as the plane took off higher and higher, all Richard could see was the dark blue ocean. No land whatsoever. Richard then closed his window and then went to sleep.
In his dream, he could see the same woman again. But this time she was happy. The bright sun rays were coming through the house windows. George was not at the house at the moment and Richard was eating lunch. He took his first bit the woman still smiling at him. Then suddenly his dad burst into the house. He yelled for them to get out of the house and run a grenade crashed through the window and Richard woke up.
“Hey there little bud”, said his dad. “We’re landing now”.
Richard struggled a little bit to get up but was able to. He then got up and looked outside the window. The window was blurred up by the intense rain but Richard was still able to make out a small building in the ocean. A building with enough land only to support the building.
“You sure that’s the place Crast?”, asked the driver
“Yep, sure of it”, replied George.
just in that second, a missile hit the side of one of the plane's engines. The engine then exploded.
“Were under attack!”, yelled the pilot and the back of the plane opened up. All the army fighters gathered parachutes and started jumping off the plane on to the building. Richard and George did the same. Two men under Richard got shot by snipers on top of the building. Richard tried to pinpoint the two snipers’ positions but the wind was blinding Richard. George then took out the gun of god and shot two bullets. Two bullets that hit the top of the sniper's’ head. Then the rest of the army shot the second sniper’s head.
Richard, George, and the rest of the military landed safely on top of the small ground surrounding the building. Richard held his gun at his waist, ready for any jump attacks. Richard and the rest of the army walked forward slowly into the building. The building was a box shaped bitling with a triangular roof. The building was long but not very tall. There were two doors that were already slightly opened. George pushed one of the doors allowing all the army to come in.
The inside of the building looked much taller than Richard expected by looking at the building from the outside. The building had a very long bottom floor with TNT boxes and large tin cans everywhere. Then there was an upper floor. An upper floor that had a giant hole in the middle so that it was more like an upper ground strip around the room. The stairs on the side of the building led to ground that went all around the room except the middle allowing people to jump from the top floor onto the bottom.
Right when Richard entered the building, he saw movement in the corner of his eye. Richard then quickly aimed and fired. The man he shot tumbled down to the ground.
Then three more men quickly jumped out from their hiding spots and fired, killing three of Richard’s men. George then killed all three of them before they could duck back down.
“All right Richard, be very careful, you don’t know where they can come from”, said George.
“Right”, said Richard.
The army then advanced even further into the layer. Richard keep a sharp lookout for people hiding in the corner. Then he heard several shots to the left of him. George stood pointing his gun to the top floor. The gun of god tightly gripped in his hands.
Suddenly everyone in the building burst out of their hiding spots and fired. George, Richard and a few others were able to hide before the attack took place. Everybody else in the army died.
“Ugh, we got to be more careful”, said George.
Richard wondered what he should do know, of he went out there, He would be dead in the next second. If he stayed here. They would find him sooner or later. Then an idea ran in richard’s head. He hid behind a giant tin can He aimed his gun at the top floor. He shot at a TNT can and it exploded setting that part of the building on fire.
“Great idea Richard!”, said George and he started doing the same. Within moments, the whole building was on fire and R.E.C members were running around in panic. One of them hit the fire alarm and water started spraying all over the building. Richard and George started sniping the R.E.C members that were running in panic. The ones that chose to hide were incinerated by the fire.
The fire then calmed down and Richard and George came out of their hiding spots. A one other person in Richard’s army also came out some burned others just fine. Richard was also burned in the side of his cheek but George was unharmed. A door in the top floor then opened and a bulky man came out with a shield and a sword. One of Richard’s army members tried to snipe him but the man blocked it with his shield and shot the sniper. The man landed with both his feet and stared around the room
“Well what’ve we got here?”, he said. “I see somebodys been meddling with our base!”.
Richard crouched behind the can even more.
“I know it was you Crast!”, he said. “Why doncha show yer face!”
George shot at him but he blocked it like it was nothing.
“Ye may have taken down our old leader, but i’m different!”, said the bulky man. “I’m the NEW leader!!”
Richard reluctantly jumped out of his hiding spot and fired. The attempt did nothing and was blocked by the bulky man’s shield.
“Why hello there”, said the bulky man. “The name’s Jhafan, and who might you be?”
“I’m Richard Crast, son of George.”, said Richard.
“So I assume you made the mess”, said Jhafan
“You’re right”, said George. “And I enjoyed every moment of it”
“Well then, I guess it’s time to say goodbye”, said Jhafan as he aimed his assault rifle at Richard who was frozen in fear.
George then leaped out of his hiding spot and fired at Jhafan. who blocked it with his shield.
“So ye finally decided to show up after all”, said Jhafan. “But I wonder how ye found out the main base, I thought I hid it well.”
“It’s called Crast magic”, said George. “Nothin you would understand”.
Jhafan chuckled and then said
“Well your boy’s bouta get it from me, feel free to join in anytime”
“Yea I will”, said George and he quickly took out the gun of god and fired. Jhafan dodged it and hid. Richard and George were keeping their eyes peeled for any sudden movement and were able to see Jhafan fire. Richard and George dodged it and hid behind a collapsed wall.
“Come out, come out wherever you are”, said Jhafan in an intimidating voice.
Richard and George then jumped out on either side of the collapsed wall and fired. Jhafan jumped and dodged them both then fired at George in mid-air. George dodged the bullet and hid again. Richard shot Jhafan again but he blocked it with his shield. Jhafan then fired back and hit Richard’s arm. A searing pain went up Richard's arm. Richard dropped his gun and grabbed his arm.
“Well, well it’s time to go isn't it.”, said Jhafan. “You know, I was just a grunt the last time we fought George. Now, I’m the leader!
Richard looked down at his arm is was completely red.
“Say hi to mom for me!” yelled Jhafan and loaded up his gun.
Just before Jhafan was about to fire, a bullet was shot from George. Jhafan yelled in pain, grabbed his legs and fell down. George then walked over and knocked the gun out of Jhafan’s hand.
“Nobody touches my son”, said George.
George then turned on his radio and called for help.
“The medics should be here soon just hang tight till then, okay?”
Richard nodded. George then took out his first aid kit and pulled out tweezers. He then took the bullet out of Richard’s arm. Richard screamed in pain as the bullet was removed. George then took a bandage and wrapped Richards arm.
When the plane arrived, George took a bomb. He then timed it for a minute and the medics took richard in the plane and escorted George into the plane.
“Any other survivors?”, asked the doctor and George shook his head sadly The plane took off and Richard looked out the window and saw the building burst into flames before falling asleep.
A year had passed since Richard saw the R.E.C. headquarters burst into flames. And still, Richard remembered it so well. His arm had fully healed now but a scar was still etched in his arm. Richard and George were sitting on their couch watching the news. The title was All R.E.C disasters have came to an end!
A feeling of relief flowed through Richard at that moment. He would not have to fight R.E.C. anymore. He had carried on the Crast’s name. He only wished that his mom was still around to see this moment.  She would have been so proud of Richard. He looked over and saw his dad sitting next to him. He had a look of relief in his face too. He then wondered, how did the attacks of R.E.C stop so suddenly. Richard and the rest of the army only destroyed one of their bases. R.E.C would still have more men and would continue to terrorize the world. He then turned to his father.
“How did taking down one of R.E.C’s bases take down the entire army?”, asked Richard.
“Well Richard, last time R.E.C and I battled, I realized that there was one tank that was being more protected than any other tank, almost like the tank was filled with precious gold. I couldn’t help but wonder why that one tank was being protected so much”, said George.
“Oh”, said Richard.
“Once that tank was destroyed, the entire army immediately surrendered. The only conclusion I could come to was that the man inside that tank was the highest and most intelligent man in the entire army. That man was the the man that told the entire army what to do, the brain of a human, a nucleus of a cell. Once that man is taken out, the whole army has no idea what to do. All they can do after he’s taken down is run until they get captured”.
Richard nodded in agreement. George turned of the t.v and Richard went to bed.
“Goodnight little buddy!”, said George
“Goodnight”, replied Richard
George shut the door. Richard watched him go, the door closing and the hallway light slowly fading. Richard finally had R.E.C. off his shoulders, he didn't have to be afraid anymore. Richard turned off the room light and the fan. in his room and looked at the gun next to it. The gun of god sat there. Richard turned of his night light and for once in his life, peacefully went to sleep.