The Dream Shoes | Teen Ink

The Dream Shoes

December 9, 2015
By angelfromstockton, Stockton, California
More by this author
angelfromstockton, Stockton, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I hope that people won't be like Tom because it is a really bad thing that he did just for some shoes.

   It was a normal, nice, sunny day in Compton, CA as Tom was getting up from his bed. It was 7:00 AM as Tom approached his mail box to check if he had any mail. He was shaking because he had very little money at the time. “What is this and why is the price so high?” asked Tom to himself. His water bill was $400 because of his pool and waterslide party.
             Tom called his landowner and asked, “ Mr. Joe, when is the rent due?”
              Mr. Joe hummed and answered, “I’ll come by tomorrow to pick it up Tom, so you better have the money ready okay?”
          “Yes sir I’ll make sure that I have it all,” said Tom.
          “Let the other people around you know that I am going to come for the rent tomorrow.
          “Yes I will Mr. Joe,” claimed Tom then; he hung up.
  As Tom viewed his other bills he worried more and more. Tom decided to go to the mall just to chill. He went by Foot Locker and saw a big poster with some red and black shoes. The poster said “BRED 11’s COMING SOON 09/12/12.” Tom was shocked when he saw that the last shoes for his collection were coming out in three days. Tom also knew that he had very little money that could only pay his rent. He also knew that the shoes were $500.
           Once Tom got home, he called the bank to ask for a loan.
          “What is your account number and password,’’ asked the lady from the bank.
          “The number is 7573 8829-9918 and the password is 0749302.”
           “It says right here that you have not paid your account  and that means you cannot get the loan,” claimed the lady.
            “ Oh, alright then. I will go later and pay it,” declared Tom.
Tom then decided to call his friend Daquan and ask him for a loan.
           “Aye Daquan,” said Tom.
           “Yes?” asked Daquan.
           “Let me borrow some cash,” said Tom.
           “Bro, I only got enough for my rent,” said Daquan; then he hung up.
           Tom was wondering if he should get the shoes or not. He was also wondering if he should ask Mr. Joe if he can give him another day to pay the rent. If he did not get the shoes as soon as they come out, they will eventually run out of Bred 11’s. Being low on cash was stopping him from getting the shoes of his dreams.
           That same night, Tom thought of sneaking into Foot Locker to steal the shoes. He got in his JDM Civic and drove to the mall. Once he got there, the clouds were dark. It was lonely then he saw a guard and approached him. Silently he took out a knife and called him over then he took him down. Tom dragged the body over to a car. He stole his key and opened the door. He walked in and approached a closet in the janitor's room. He picked up some baby blue threads and got a cap, a bucket,and a mop. When he came out he saw a guard look right in his eyes. Tom was now very worried
           “What are you up to?” asked the guard.
           “About to go clean the shoe store and have a talk with the manager,” answered Tom in a deep voice.
           “Alright, go on, and call me if you have any problems,” answered the guard.
           As Tom approached the Foot Locker, he was shaking. He went into the store. It was very lonely until he saw the manager come out with a lot of papers on his hand. “Good night sir” said to the manager.
           “Good night to you, too. Make sure to clean good if you want to get paid well. Oh yeah, can you please go to the back of the room to check that all the shoes are there?” said the manager.
           “Yes, I certainly can sir,” claimed Tom
           “Oh, okay, thanks.” said the manager as he left.
           Tom picked up 3 shirts that were on sale and placed them in front of the camera. He picked up the key that the manager left on this desk and he approached the sneaker room without fear. He entered and saw a lot of shoes. He saw a category that said “BRED 11’s” and picked up a pair of size 9.5 and left as soon as he got them. Once he was in his car he called his friend and bragged about the shoes that he had just stolen. Tom never knew that a guard overheard his conversation with his friend. As he was driving home, a guard followed him home. He wrote down Tom's address and decided to send cops to Tom’s house.
The next day, Tom was rocking his Bred 11’s around the hood. He was in big trouble and he didn't even notice. Couple of hours past by and the cops knocked in Tom's house. He got up and opened it. He asked himself why they were there and they answered that they caught them stealing the shoes. Tom tried to run away and a cop shot him. He was sent to jail for 8 years. Eight years later he went back to his house and found a new family living there.
“Who are you? And why are you on my front lawn?” asked the new resident
“ Eight years ago I lived here. I was sent to jail for some mistake I did. Since when have you been living here, sir?” asked Tom
“About eight years. I moved in on June. Where you still here that time?” asked the new resident
“ No I got sent to jail during May. What happened to all my stuff? Is it still here?” asked Tom with lots of hope.
“ Sorry sir. The old landowner took it with him. I saw him donate your shoes to a group of hobos,” he answered.
“ I have really bad luck man. Just if I hadn't stole those stole those shoes. Now I am a hobo. I have no food, no clothes, a house, and a car,” said Tom.
“I think that there are hiring people in my job sir. Do you want to stay for dinner?” asked Sam.
“Can I? Thanks, sir.” answered Tom.
Tom went in and asked if he could use the restroom. He also noticed that he look just like Sam. The only difference was that his facial hair was bigger. Sam told Tom that he was going to the store to get some beers. Tom went into Sam's room and found the pair of shoes that he always wanted. He got the shoes and hid them in the bathroom so he can run away with them at night. He also found his collection of shoes. Tom was mad at Sam for lying to him. Tom went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife and waited for Sam to come home. He went into his room to look for more stuff and he found a gun in his drawer. He also found a safe and he smashed the handle and opened it. He found lots of money and jewels that were probably worth five billion dollars. Sam busted in the room and found Tom snuggling through his stuff. He asked him what was he doing. Tom asked him if he was a robber and punched Tom as hard as he could. He was scared that he probably killed him. Sam got up and chased Tom down the whole street. Tom stopped because there was a dead end. They both stared at each other and Sam pulled out his phone and called the cops. Then Tom kicked the phone out of his phone and punched him in the stomach. Sam dropped the phone and Tom picked it up.
Sam tried to go after Tom, but he couldn’t get up because of the hit. Tom ran away with the shoes and with Sam’s phone. He called Daquan and told him to pick him up in the south train tracks. He went into the train tracks and waited for Daquan to pick him up as soon as possible. He mostly cared about the shoes than the bags of money. He just stood there and he heard a train. He got and a rock and jumped onto a train, which was heading to Mexico. He disappeared forever and no on never heard from him again. His only wish was to escape with the Bred 11’s, his dream shoes. To this day, people say that Tom has all the retros in the whole world.
This all started when Tom was little and he always asked for the Bred 11’s for his birthday and Christmas. He always had hope that he would get them some day. He never lost hope until he bought some of the retros that came out and he noticed that The Bred 11’s were the last shoes for his collection. Tom always knew that he will get them some day.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.