Inconveniece | Teen Ink

Inconveniece

By Anahi Ramirez, chicago, Illinois
Anahi Ramirez, Chicago, Illinois

Author's note:

Thank you for reading xx

It all started with a trip to florida. It was 2019 and Aria and Noah have been knowing each other for three years. Aria’s sister and Noah’s father both fell in love. They both decided to take the kids to a trip.
****  “Why not aria?,” said Noah kind of sad.
“Because we can’t, it’s not right we’re basically family,” said Aria upset.
“But were not blood, so its not bad,” said Noah.
“Noah, don’t you get it. your father is my brother in law and they’re going to get marry pretty soon anyway,” said Aria said getting annoyed.
“I thought you liked me?,” said Noah a bit sad.
“ i do. i really do. i think it’s just if my sister found out, it would change everything,” said Aria.  ****
Sydney Aria’s sister asked her a few days ago if she wanted to come on the trip too, but Aria knew if she went her and Noah would run into each other and that wouldn’t be right. Aria’s mom forced her to go because she didn’t want her stuck inside the house all summer, besides Aria had a bad feeling about this trip not noah-bad feeling but a disaster feeling. It was 3 days before going on the trip and Aria was no where packing. Aria’s family wanted to have a BBQ and they did. Aria wanted to go to Cameron’s house her best friends and to only avoid the one and only. Aria hated that Noah made her feel the way he wanted to. Noah was sometimes a jerk to Aria, but a playful type of jerk and heres what happened.   ** when they first met they didn’t talk much because they barely knew each other. Aria had a boyfriend at the time, Cody, Aria didn’t put much effort into him obviously and neither did Noah. Noah started to come over her house more often because her sister still lived with her at the time. Noah and Aria got closer but Aria thought of him as a older brother nothing more, let me remind you Aria had a boyfriend at the time.
“ hahaha stop Noah, you’re tickling me too much,” said aria while laughing.
“no not until you say sorry for hitting me on the arm,” Noah saying in a devilish voice.
“ok ok im sorry for hitting you on the arm, now let me go,” aria saying with a pout and giggling at the same time.
“ok fine, i guess,” said kian all sad about it. Right when aria was about to get up and leave, Aria felt a warm hand on her waist. Aria got chills when he touched her skin. right there and then she knew what she was doing wrong. Aria grabbed his hand and let it go, she loved cody and didn’t want to ruin it with some guy who talks to plenty of girls and probably will play with her feelings.**
It was the night before leaving to florida but Aria still hasn’t packed anything, by now she’s rushing and probably stuff in her back that she doesn’t even need. Aria went to bed thinking about the stuff that will probably happen with her and Noah. Aria was literally scared of the fact that sooner or later Noah is going to want to kiss her or maybe even more, before she slept she decided to call cody before anything.
*telephone rings*
“hey handsome,” said aria a little sad.
“hey beautiful,” said cody laughing. aria blushed at his statement.
“so whats up, why’d you call?,” said cody confused.
“i was just calling to make sure you’re okay, and that i’m leaving tomorrow and won’t be able to call you,” said aria.
“why not?,” asked Cody.
“ haha because Sydney is taking our phones, she wants this to be a family thing without any phones and stuff. it’s going to suck,” said Aria giggling a bit.
“ haha sorry babe, but i’m sure you’ll survive without me but i can’t without you,” said cody romantically.
“ hey babe, can i tell you something?,” said aria scared.
“ yeah?,” said cody a bit confused and scared.
“i love you and i want you to know that kay? i want you to know no matter what happens to us, ill always love you even if one day we break up kay?,” said aria crying by now.
“ aria?,” cody said.
“ yeah?,” aria still crying.
“ i love you no matter what happens, i’ll always be there for you and don’t forget that kay?,” said cody sad.
“okay, i love you and goodnight i’ll see you saturday and maybe text or call you if i get my phone back,” said aria sniffing a bit and giggling at the same time. **
*beep beep beep beep* groans were heard from arias mouth. it’s 5 in the morning and Aria needs to be at the airport by 7. Aria gets up takes a shower and fixes up anything else she needs to fix up, by 6:30 aria is done and heads out outside she sees him. They look at each other and a flashback comes on.
**** Aria was just getting ready for homecoming and she was going with cody and other friends. Aria’s family and Richard ( Noah’s father) family were having a BBQ outside in the front. Aria was walking down to show everyone but she ran into Noah.
“ wow, y-you look beautiful,”said Noah in awe.
“ thanks, you think cody will like?,” said Aria blushing.
“ really? if he doesn’t then he’s missing out on so much,” said Noah a bit jealous.
“ well he is my boyfriend,” Aria said a bit angry.
“ whatever i just wanted to say he should embrace your beauty and he should treat you right,” said Noah getting a bit angry himself.
“ well thank you anyway and you’re not so bad yourself,” said Aria calmly but blushing. Right there and then she regretted saying that to him.
“ oh so you think im cute?,” Noah said acting cute.
“ vain much?,” aria said annoyed.
“ whatever you say princess,” aria started blushing when he said those words. ****
Aria and the rest were at the airport sitting waiting to be called on board. Aria sat and here comes Noah sitting next to her. Aria was kinda getting annoyed with Noah, she just wanted to avoid him as much as she could. Noah was trying to talk to Aria about some things we needed to get off his chest before the parents came, they were getting some snack since everyone was hungry. * “hey Aria,” said Noah calmly said.
“ what do you want?,” said Aria annoyed.
“ why are you so mad at me?,” said Noah getting angry.
“ because even though i have a boyfriend, you still try and come at me like if i didn’t and Noah i like you a lot but this can’t happen at all. do you understand? only friends not even that were just family,” said aria yelling.
“chill Aria! i was just saying that we cant do this anymore and that i do understand, that you have a boyfriend and that you are some cheater because i don’t want you to be one. so im sorry if i upset you that much but only friends okay?,” said Noah by now also screaming.
“ thank you for understanding Noah and look lets just avoid each other as much as possible,” said Aria calmly by now.
**** Everyone by now has landed in florida and Aria was just really excited to just go to the beach and cool off the stress from Noah, her mom, Cody, and life in general. Everyone was getting off the plane and aria was starving, so everyone went out for chinese food. Aria was only was going to be there for 4 days and she’s going to make the best of it.****
“ what are you guys up for?,” asked Sydney.
“ oh chinese!!!,” said Aria pumping her fist in the air.
“ yeah chinese sounds delicious!,” said Noah looking at Aria with a smirk. Aria was so close of smacking it off his pretty little face.
“ chinese it is guys” said sydney
**** back at the hotel everything was so beautiful and aria was so amazed and she really liked how there was a hot tub in the bathroom and the windows had a wonderful view and there were loads of cute guys,too bad she’s with cody. the rest of the night consist of alot of foreign movie watching and eating these weird gummy bear treats. one room had three beds, the big one in the middle and the smaller ones on the side. aria and her niece slept in the middle one and her nephew and noah slept in the smaller ones on the side.****
aria woke up in the middle of night freezing, surprisingly since florida is hot. she found herself on the edge off the bed without blankets and her niece is a crazy sleeper and she decides to sleep with her nephew but he was also a crazy sleeper telling by his legs and arms all over the place. so she had no other choice but to sleep with noah and he was still and plenty of room on the bed. she shook noah and he woke up and omg she taught his sleeping voice was the most cutest thing ever.
* “ hey noah?” aria said while shaking noah to wake up and scoot over.
“uhm what?” said noah a bit annoyed.
“ do you mind if i sleep with you?” said aria a bit embarrassed
“ why?”
“ because veronica and aaron took everything” aria said gigging
“ sure?” said noah in a question instead.
“ thank you” said aria calmly. aria started scooting into the bed and put the blankets over her. she felt noah’s legs and they were soft and she just caressed her feet against his legs and then she hears noah laughing slightly.
“sorry.” said aria
“no, i like it” said noah with a smile, even though she couldn’t see it.
“im sorry” said aria again
“ i said it was ok aria” said noah confused
“no not that. i mean about how i turned you down. im confused thats all. but i really like you noah. and i know it’s wrong since i’m with cody but ugh you drive me crazy. so i’m sorry” said aria with a frown.
“ i know aria. i understand you surprisingly. but i really like you too. and sooner or later you’ll have to choose” said noah sad.
“ goodnight noah” said aria
“ goodnight beautiful” said noah making aria blush uncontrollably.
**** aria was still in bed and noah was trying to wake her up because they had to go and leave to go to the beach and jet ski. aria wasn’t excited at all, she was quite scared what would happen. aria might ride with noah and who knows what she’ll feel for him again. but she decided to go with sydney’s boyfriend chris.****
aria had a blast jet skiing, good thing she didn’t go with noah at all, or that would have been really awkward. afterwards they went to mcdonalds and noah and aria decided to sit next to each other and talk before going back to chicago, they’re going back in 2 days and they honestly don’t want to leave. when  they were about to leave aria was throwing away the trash and she looks out the window to see people running and screaming, right then she got so scared and went to sydney. they saw the tv to see what the chaos was, and there it was in big letters WARNING APOCALYPSE!!! aria’s heart dropped to her feet and she went to see noah’s face and he was also scared, she could see it in his eyes. sydney started to scream and aria couldn’t really hear anything because she was thinking of back home and what would happen to her mother. sydney pulls her and they start running out the fast food joint and runs for the car before they get bitten, just right about then they took sydney and aria screams trying to run for her but chris pulls her back because she already gone. they all got in the car and started to drive in full power just to get home to chicago, they decided to drive there. chris stop by the gas station before they left and when he got out he got taken as well with aaron. noah went to the driver’s seat and start driving away before they got them. aria went up to the passengers seat and they looked at each other and turned to veronica to put her seatbelt on. and noah was 17 and aria was 15, so good thing noah knew how to drive.* “ are you okay?” said noah panicking
“ yeah im fine” said aria turning to veronica
“ are you okay?” said aria to veronica
“ no, they took my mom aria!” said veronica crying
“ i know. i know shhh” said aria going back there with her to comfort her. she got Noah’s eye through the mirror.
**** aria woke up and still saw noah driving and veronica sleeping by now and it was still light out. aria got up and went to the passengers seat. she looks at him and he looks at her. * “ what are we going to do?” said aria calmly
“i don’t know” said noah calmly
“ you do now where you’re going right?” said aria worried
“ yeah i know” said noah smirking a bit.
“ noah, i choose you” said aria tears going up to her eyes.
noah smiling and sad at the same time.
“ aria you have no idea how happy you just made me, i love you” said noah smiling crazily.
“ you’re welcome” said aria smirking
**** aria fell asleep right after her conversation with noah and how she finally choose him and she probably thought of cody, dead. it hurt her how much she knew that and that she should’ve of called him when she had the chance to do it and talk to him one last time.**** good morning beautiful” said noah noticing aria waking up.
“ morning” said aria still have asleep. she turned back and saw veronica still asleep.
“ how long has she been out?” aria asking noah about veronica
“she’s-” next thing the car is spinning.
aria woke up with a huge headache and upside down. the car must of flipped over when they got it to the car accident. she opens her eyes to the surroundings and everything was gone. she was all alone and they were coming and she knew she would also end up dead.