Raindrop School Gets a Little Scary | Teen Ink

Raindrop School Gets a Little Scary

By Raindrop57, Boulder, Colorado
Raindrop57, Boulder, Colorado

Author's note:

I randomly thought of the plot idea one day. As for the idea of living raindrops, that was something I thought of during a comic unit in third grade because I love rain.

Raindrop school has always been very weird. It always seems to get in the path of disaster, and so has to be rebuilt every year. This year, the raindrops walked into school. They were pretty surprised when they saw it.

“Umm… I guess the builders got a little bored”, said Raindrop.

“Well, I’ll be”, began Claire. “Looks like we’re gonna have PE class between every class this year.”

The builders had gotten bored and had decided to put the doors of classrooms wherever they felt like it. Currently, everyone was looking at a door titled “Principal” on the ceiling. It was a wonder how anyone was going to get up there, besides Zoom, who jumped the ten feet to it easily.

There was a sign that said: “Locker Combos, this way.” Raindrop followed it, along with everyone else. When he reached the table for locker combos, he was handed a card.

“Locker 27, in floor near the math room. Combo is Rain-Downpour-Cloudy-Tornado.”

“Meh, better than on the ceiling where I can’t reach it.”

Summer and Cloud got lockers on the ceiling. They were annoyed. Zoom got one on the wall. He thought it was boring. Everyone else got lockers on the floor, and occasionally the wall.

The bell rang. Everyone in the 8th grade had the same classes at the same time, and the first class of the day was math. Raindrop found the math room door first, since his locker was near there. It was on a 45 degree overhanging wall above a staircase. His locker was just past the top step. It seemed like it would be crowded there, so Raindrop decided he had to run to get to it before then.

Other raindrops then arrived at the math room door. Raindrop attempted to jump to it, but he missed by a mile, pretty much. Claire jumped, and did worse. Spring walked on top of the handrails and jumped when she got close, but still missed by two feet. Zoom then rushed in, knocking Sunrise, Winter, Dirt, Rocket, Summer and Fall over and spinning cloud around in a circle three times. He jumped and grabbed the handle, and climbed into math class.

“Zoom can do anything”, muttered Dark.

Tree placed his notebook on it’s side on top of the handrail and attempted to stand and jump off it, but it slipped away as he stood on it, causing him to wipe out and roll down four steps. “Ow!”, exclaimed Tree. Meanwhile his notebook shot down the steps toward Spring, who dodged it. “Be careful! Do you want someone to die or something!?”

Sunrise attempted to chimney up the walls, but they were too slippery, and he fell, landing on top of Tree. They both rolled all the way down the stairs and their stuff scattered on the staircase.

Summer attempted to jump off the walls, but he accidentally pointed only one leg at the wall when he jumped, which caused him to smash a hole in the wall. He then fell down and landed on a pencil. “YEOWWWWWWW!”, yelled Summer as he jumped up and ran back up the stairs.

Now that there was a hole in the wall, it could be climbed up. Claire went first, and got into math. Spring followed, then Raindrop. Everyone else also climbed into math.

“Please don’t say I broke the wall…”, whispered Summer.

Inside the math room, there was a very short ladder. After that, the floor righted and the classroom could be seen. Besides the door, it was a normal classroom. The math teacher and Zoom looked over at everyone coming in. At that moment the beginning of class bell rang.

“Take any seat”, said the teacher.

Raindrop sat down. He wondered what math he would be learning today. That was answered when the teacher handed out a worksheet titled “Algebra Review”. Raindrop scanned over the problems. He thought: “This isn’t too hard. 2x + 5 = 76, 4x - 9 = 24, wait, the square root of x + 2 = the square root of 2?

Claire was done by this point. By the time Raindrop had been trying to figure out question 3 for a few minutes, everyone else was done. Ten minutes later, he gave up. “THERE’S NO ANSWER!”, he screamed, ripping the paper in half.

“That’s the correct answer”, the teacher replied.

“Oh.”

Raindrop taped his sheet together and turned it in. Everybody else had been messing around for the last 15 minutes. Claire had finished 20 minutes ago.

“Here’s your math books, everyone”, said the teacher, handing everyone a math book. “Your homework is page 3 questions 12-45. You have time to start it now.

And so everyone began scribbling answers. About three minutes later, Claire had finished. Meanwhile, everyone else thought it was way too hard. “What’s the point of trying? It can’t be done anyway…”, thought Raindrop, who had folded it into a paper airplane. He threw it, and it settled nicely in the trash can. Rocket couldn’t do the first problem, which said “Translate into an algebraic expression: Ninety-seven more than forty-two times a number multiplied by another number. He ate it, since he hadn’t found anything good to eat that morning. He thought it tasted bitter. “Well, math isn’t fun, and it doesn’t taste good either.”

Spring finished just as the bell rang. Nobody else got very far. “Second period!”, yelled Pumpkin. Raindrop ran for the door, forgetting it was at an angle, and fell, knocking it open, causing him to fall. A pencil almost poked him in the eye. Raindrop got up, a little dazed, but shook it off. He looked at his next class. “Social Studies.” He ran about 200 meters down the hall, and quickly stopped. There was a cliff, with a fifteen foot drop. There was a space of about sixty feet between here and the other side. At the other side, was Social Studies.

Zoom already was at the other side, he jumped the sixty feet no problem. For everyone else though, it was a lot harder. Ledges occasionally popped out of the sides of this huge gap, and then retreated.

“Parkour”, noted Storm.

Raindrop jumped at a ledge, and made it. It then started to go back into the wall. Raindrop jumped as far as he could forward, said “YOLO”, and put his hands forward. He barely caught a platform that was fifteen feet away. He did the rest pretty easily.

Everyone else had a lot of problems getting across. By the time everyone made it, class was over, and everyone was marked absent.

Third period was L.A.. The door was found in the basement, on the floor. Tree went in first this time. A small hallway with a lowering ceiling was in it. He crawled through it, and everyone carefully followed. It shrunk to two feet high and wide, then turned and began to widen. At the other end, there was a bouldering wall that overhung a bit, that went up to the second floor. At the top, the L.A. teacher looked down at everyone. “Hi there. I don’t get why they had to make it so hard to get to my room, but can you please try to get up here?”

“A climbing wall? AWESOME!”, exclaimed Summer. However, this wasn’t any climbing wall. It was a really hard climbing wall. Zoom was only a quarter way up at this point. Summer attempted to go grab a random hold, but it was so slippery he ended up slapping himself instead.

“Well, this is gonna be hard”, said Claire.

Fall grabbed a hold and fell.

Spring grabbed a hold and stayed on, then grabbed another. “Ah ha! It’s a memory challenge! You have to grab the right holds, or you will fall!”
All the girls tried it once. By the time they had all attempted it, six good holds were now known. Summer, now confident he would own everyone and get to the top, climbed. He was so confident that he forgot which holds were which, and fell off just three holds up. “Aww, come on.” He tried to go again, but storm had already stormed onto the wall. He got to the eighth hold, then grabbed another good looking hold, which proceeded to flop down on him and make him fall. He had been fifteen feet from the ground, but there were still twenty five more feet until the top. Raindrop attempted to climb it. “I can make it”, he thought. He got five feet further than Storm, before proceeding to grab a hold shaped like a boxing glove, which came out of the wall and punched him off, causing him to plunge to the bottom. Then Zoom, at the top at this point said: “I think I’ve figured out the way up. The right way goes purple, blue, orange, black, green then repeats.

That worked, and everyone made it to class, although they were about twenty minutes late. Winter was last, since she was scared of heights. “Phew, that was freaky”, she said as she made it to the top. The LA teacher clapped and said “Ok, let’s start class. Everyone take a Rainbook. Your assignment is to type a paragraph about your summer.”

Most of the class booed for a moment, then realized it was easy and they could mess around after. Raindrop, Tree, and Storm yayed, then started typing hastily. Raindrop finished in two minutes, but he had made some spelling errors. Tree made even more. His paragraph went:

“Tis smmer i went to te amsment pk an i cmbed trees and there was litnin. also it was relly fun and i sawm in a powl. i licked this summer a lot. itwas epic.”

The teacher promptly gave him a D minus for his horrible work, but he didn’t care, since he was playing a tree planting game. Storm was running away from an F5 tornado in his game. Raindrop was looking at a radar map because a line of severe thunderstorms was approaching.

Claire actually did good work and so finished last. Her paragraph - actually two pages, was amazing, and she got an A plus. Even her best friend, Spring, was jealous. She had only gotten an A. Winter got a A-, because she wrote about winter instead of summer. Fall wrote about fall, but he didn’t do as good as Winter, and got a C. Rocket didn’t do anything but play games. He got an F.

Class ended, and everyone ran for the door. Zoom went first, and fell off the edge, but he was too fast for anyone to see. To make a long story short, they forgot about something. And that was why there was a pig pile of injured raindrops at the bottom. The only raindrop that didn’t fall off was Winter. She was so afraid of heights that she remembered about the climbing wall for the rest of class, and climbed down instead. By the time she got down, the pig pile was gone. Everyone had gotten back up, and crawled down the small passage.

It was lunch time. However, just like it had been for the past few years, the lunch was horrible, and couldn’t be eaten. The lunch room was entered through a hole in the second floor that had a ladder, although it could also be entered from outside, with a normal door, one of the only ones in the school.

A sign hung on the wall. It said: “Today’s lunch: Lava with hot sauce, poisoned atomic fireball candies, and charred wood!”

Summer dared Rocket to try it. He double dared him back. Eventually, Rocket lost when he was triple dog dared by Summer. He got the lunch, his hands felt like they would evaporate. He took a bite, avoiding the poison candy, and instantly screamed and then burst into flames. He ran into the bathroom. “I think he jumped in the toilet”, chuckled summer. A loud “EWWWWWWW!” rose from everyone else.

Zoom ran outside. Raindrop followed. Zoom tried to play tag with himself. Raindrop got a 4-square ball and started to play 1-square. In a short time though, Summer, Cloud, and Spring were playing, and others were heading for the line. Nearby, dark clouds loomed, slowly moving over. Thunder rumbled.

Raindrop served the ball, passing it to Spring. Spring tried to get him out with a corner shot. Raindrop barely got it, swinging it back around. It landed barely in Summer’s square instead of Spring’s though, getting him out instead. Tree was next in line, and he walked in. Zoom had seen the game and rushed in, almost cutting Storm, who was about to get in line.

Raindrop served the ball to Cloud. Cloud tried to get Spring out by hitting it hard, but Spring dived and got it before it hit the ground. Needless to say, Cloud got out.

Zoom was in. Raindrop served to Tree, who passed to Zoom. Zoom zipped around the court one and a half times before jumping twelve feet in the air and cherry bombing the ball on Spring. The ball went really high in the air, and it went north towards the storm. The ball started to fall back down, and then a big, bright bolt of lightning zigzagged from the dark clouds above and struck the ball. The lightning had hit the ball when it was only an eighth of a mile away, so the thunder sounded like a bomb had gone off. Most of the raindrops jumped into the air, but they decided it was a freak occurance, so nobody went inside.

“Interference. Redo!”, shouted Spring.

Zoom rushed over and got another ball, giving it to Raindrop.

Raindrop served the ball to Tree again. Tree hit the ball somewhat hard to Spring. Spring caught it and cherry bombed Tree. Tree caught it and threw it fast and low back at her. Spring caught it and threw it really fast and really low at the very corner of Zoom’s square. Zoom was so surprised that he didn’t get it. Zoom was out.

Storm was now in. Thunder was now rumbling constantly and the wind was gusting up suddenly. As Raindrop served the ball, a very strong gust of wind blew in, blowing the first drops of rain in and blowing the ball back towards him. Winter and Dark fell over. The storm was coming in…

The rain was getting harder very quickly. The raindrops, already obviously wet, were getting soaked as the wind blew hard and the cold rain fell on them.

“Seems like this will be quite a storm”, noted Claire. “Wow, the wind is crazy”, said Dark. She had been asleep, but the wind woke her up.

Raindrop attempted to serve the ball to Tree, but he threw it too lightly, and it blew right into Spring’s square. Spring caught it and attempted to get Raindrop out. She threw the ball hard towards the corner of his square, however the wind blew it out of bounds instead. “You’re out!”, yelled Summer over the wind.

At this point, the rain was coming down in sheets and Raindrop could only see 300 feet. He ran with the strong wind to get the ball, which was stuck against a step, and struggled back against the wind. The rain was being blown so much that it felt like needles being poked against him. Raindrop chucked the ball towards Storm. It barely made it into his square before bouncing a tiny bit, puddles stopping it from bouncing more, and blowing right into his face, causing him to fall over.

The lightning was also crazy, and big bolts were frequently striking across the sky. Dark, Fall, Tree, and Winter went inside. “I can NEVER sleep with all this noise!”, yelled Dark, after lightning struck nearby. Then lightning struck a tree thirty feet away. The resulting boom was so loud it made Dirt faint. Everyone else was knocked over by the blast. Rocket, Summer, Sunrise, Pumpkin, Claire and Spring went inside, freaked out. Dirt woke up and also went inside.

Only Raindrop, Storm, Zoom and Cloud remained outside. The 4-square game stopped, because they wanted to watch the crazy storm. Zoom zoomed around to try to dodge the lightning. Another close strike, hitting the school’s lightning rod. It was fifty feet away. Claire and Spring were walking there at that moment. They screamed and ran for a lower place. They decided to hide in the L.A. hallway.

Lunch still would last for 10 more minutes.

The rain now began to turn to small hail. The wind blew it right at everyone outside. It felt like rocks being chucked at them to the raindrops. Zoom went in, so he didn’t get injured by running into hailstones at high speed. Lightning struck the courtyard tree again. Cloud had been standing under it, fortunately he wasn’t touching it, but the bolt still made him faceplant into the ground very hard. He crawled inside through the hail, now the size of quarters.

Raindrop and Storm still braved the wind, lightning, and hail. They stood against a wall, as the hail increased in size until it was the size of tennis balls. After five minutes, with Raindrop and Storm on the ground, the hail lightened. Then a weak mile long rope tornado swept by.

Raindrop went inside, even though the wind was stopping.

“YES! I stayed in the storm the longest!”, exclaimed Storm.

Then the bell rang for fourth period. “Well, that was crazy”, said Raindrop.

Claire and Spring came out of their hideout. “Claire, that was scary”, nervously said Spring. “Yes, it was.”, replied Claire.

Fourth period was science. The door was on the ceiling, near the bathrooms (Which were at the other side of a large gap where you had to climb on walls) with a maze map next to it. After Zoom got a bunch of books from the library, (He had to climb a rope to get there), the science door was entered. It went into the air vent system. “Oh, that’s why there’s a maze map”, said Raindrop. Claire ripped the map off and looked at it for a bit, then took out a pen and drew a path from the door to science. (Both were marked)

“That’s a long way, but we’ll have to do it”, noted Cloud as he looked at it.

“I don’t want to crawl that far”, exclaimed Tree.

“Follow me”, she whispered as they climbed into the vent system.

The vent system was dark and clammy, and cold air blew through it. ¨I’m freezing!¨, said a very cold Summer.

Three minutes later, Claire stopped. ¨We’re here!¨, she exclaimed.

The class crawled out of the cold vent system. ¨I have to do that every day...¨, thought Raindrop.

¨This year in this class, we’ll be learning about earth science.¨

The teacher handed out a labsheet. The lab was titled ¨Rock lab¨. The instructions said to write down what was inside the rocks. The materials were 10 rocks, one hammer, and safety goggles.

Fall raised his hand. ¨Yes?¨ ¨Can I have ELEVEN rocks!? Please?¨

¨No, you may have nine rocks, however.¨
Fall got only nine rocks to break instead of ten. ¨Aww, come on...¨

Zoom smashed a rock. He also successfully smashed the wall and a pipe that was in the wall. Water gushed out.

The teacher wasn’t looking. Zoom ran away to work with Tree, who had been working alone. Sunrise and Dirt had been working with Zoom. They didn’t have time to get away before the teacher turned around and saw them there.

¨GO TO THE PRINCIPAL RIGHT NOW OR ELSE!¨ The teacher pulled out an anvil. They bolted for it and dived into the air vent to go to the principal’s office.

¨Whoa, that was scary. The teacher threatened to flatten them!¨, eerily thought Raindrop.

Raindrop smashed a rock. He got black and gray dust.

Claire smashed a rock and got red dust.

Dirt smashed a ¨rock¨, which was actually hardened mud, and got dirt.

Cloud smashed a rock and got gray dust with some shiny particles.

Tree smashed a rock and got black dust, and also hit his other hand.

¨YEOWWWWWWWWW!¨

¨NO MAKING NOISE! GO SEE THE PRINCIPAL NOW. RIGHT NOW.¨

Tree had seen the anvil the first time. He dived into the vent.

¨Hypocrite¨, whispered Spring to Claire.

Spring smashed a rock and found a geode. She said nothing to avoid getting in trouble.

By now, class was about to end. Raindrop was finishing up his sheet. When the bell rang, everyone notably left faster than usual.

Raindrop walked by the principal’s office. Summer, Tree, and Sunrise were trying to hold each other up to get to the door, but it wasn’t working.

¨Class is over, you might want to stop trying to get in. It won’t ever work.¨

Summer, Tree, and Sunrise sighed and stopped trying. They didn’t want to miss their next class and get an unexcused abscence. Another one, in fact, since nobody got into Social Studies. The next class was music though, and they were already knowing it would be boring.

Raindrop casually walked down the hallway. He saw the door to music. It was behind locker 67, and opened inward. Raindrop hated music, just like Summer, Tree, and Sunrise. Every year, except during the fifth grade, the last time the school was mixed up, music had been boring. The drums, the best part of music, were just used as decoration. Even sitting within a foot of a drum, and especially touching it, would get you sent to the principal’s office. Hitting a drum to play it almost got Cloud suspended, but the principal even said that the music teacher was too harsh, so Cloud got away with it. Raindrop had tried hitting a cymbal once. The teacher yelled at him to go see the principal. He got detention for the next week for two hours after school. Eventually he decided he didn’t want another unexcused absence, and walked in.

Raindrop was scared. Summer, Tree, and Sunrise quietly walked behind him. There was a short hallway. Raindrop looked around the corner and…

“Take a seat.”

The music teacher’s first words were gloomy sounding, and Raindrop knew class would be boring, and horrible. Claire was somewhat happy when she walked in, but when the teacher handed out an essay to write everything you know about music, even she frowned.

“You must write at least 2 pages, and have ten paragraphs. This is due tomorrow. Don’t turn it in and you automatically fail this class. This is all homework.”

There were a few moans.

“There will be no more moaning in my class unless you would like detention. Now today, we are going to begin working on reading music. Do not sing the entire song.”

Claire stood up. “Well, why not!?”

“BECAUSE I SAID SO! NOW SIT DOWN!”

“You think you can tell me to not sing? Well try!” Claire started singing a random song she liked.

“Go to detention!”

She kept singing, and didn’t move. Spring joined in. The teacher started getting mad.The rest of the girls started singing as well. The teacher yelled: “ Enough!” and attempted to literally kick them out of the room. Claire and Spring managed to dodge it, but Dark, Winter, and Pumpkin went splat on the door as they flew into it, then fell into a pile. They stopped singing.

Claire and Spring continued singing while dodging anything the teacher threw at them. The teacher threw mallets, and then pencils. Claire caught a pencil in mid air, and threw it back at the teacher. The pencil impaled the teacher in the eye, and the teacher passed out, with an actual look of horror in his eyes as he did. Claire and Spring sung the last long note of the song, and Cloud, Raindrop, and Storm actually joined in.

Then everyone looked at the impaled teacher just to make sure he wasn’t coming to yet, before walking out the door, rather scared but also relieved that Claire had outsung the teacher.

The teacher opened his eyes. He wanted revenge.

The raindrops ran outside and played four square for the rest of the time, besides Zoom, who climbed the walls of the school instead.

BRIIIIING! The bell rang for sixth period. Sixth period was swimming. The school was so mixed up that the builders put a POOL. Not just that, it was on the roof. So was the door. The door was on the ceiling of the gym. PE would be next period. The door to the gym was outside in the closest four square court to it. That was found out because four-square was played in that court, and Summer had ran to get a baby drop and tripped on the handle.

Summer opened the door that he had found, and went in. Inside, there were monkey bars that went for fifteen feet across a ten foot deep hole, with a ladder at the end they were on. On the bottom, there was a sign that said: supposed to be filled with lava, but it cost too much and cooled too fast.

“Phew”, exclaimed Raindrop.

The monkey bars were rather straightforward. Rocket fell once though. Zoom just dived across instead.

In the gym, the door was right smack in the middle of the ceiling above a beam. Although there was no way they were supposed to climb it, it could be done. There were bleachers on one side of the gym. These bleachers went just high enough to reach the basketball hoop from there. The basketball hoop had plenty of random beams on it to climb on. From there, a raindrop could climb across the beams just below the roof to reach the door.

Zoom got up fast and went through. Raindrop climbed moderately fast and got in. Rocket and Winter were the last ones. Winter was scared, and Rocket was just really slow. They were ten minutes late. The swimming teacher had only been making everyone warm up though (by doing a bunch of laps), and was finishing up as they climbed in. The door was on the side of the pool, in the middle, near the four feet. The pool started at 0 inches deep, and sloped down gradually until it dropped down two feet at once from eight feet to ten feet deep. That also explained why the gym was about three stories high, unlike the rest of the school. The pool even had a water slide, but it was off and blocked. The water slide started twenty feet above the ten foot deep water, and then dropped down at a 45 degree angle that slowly straightened out and went back up two feet when it was ten feet down. It then went around in a full oval at a slight angle before dropping almost straight down the last eight feet. It looked awesome. “Too bad it’s closed”, thought Raindrop.

“Today in Swimming Class, we will work on swimming underwater!”

Raindrops can swim underwater for quite a while, so the teacher asked them to swim ten laps long ways, underwater. Everyone did it, except Rocket and Tree. Rocket only could do four, and Tree only did four and a half. The teacher explained to them that they had to take a big breath, and they didn’t have to swim completely underwater; their arms could be above it. They did it rather easily on the second try.

Next was underwater groundies. Someone was it, and if someone was touching the bottom, walls of the pool, or top of the water when “Groundies” was called, they are out. Also, if someone is tagged, they are it. That made it a danger to breathe or rest.

Zoom was i - he was? Anyway, Cloud got tagged and got knocked back four feet. “Groundies!”, he called. Zoom had decided to do a dolphin jump, since he had started in the ten feet, and was out. The best swimmer by far in the class was out. “Wow, I’m dumb,” he said, as he quickly swam to the two feet, where there was a rope seperating the playing area and the out area.

Cloud tagged Winter. Winter swam around and tagged Pumpkin. Pumpkin swam around for five seconds and called “Groundies!”

(The “it” could be above water)

Tree was touching the wall. He was out.

Pumpkin tagged Summer, who was looking away. Summer lunged at his friend Rocket and tagged him, then dived back away. Raindrop accidentially touched the bottom, but “Groundies” wasn’t called.

Rocket almost tagged Claire, but she still had good dodging skills underwater. So he swung around and ended up slapping Dark in the face. Dark had her eyes closed. Dark woke up, and tried to hit back, but missed by an inch. Dark fell back asleep, but faked it, so Raindrop attempted to mess around and got tagged.

Raindrop for some reason just couldn’t seem to tag anyone. So he began to spin around very fast like a tornado, yelling “Groundies! Groundies! Groundies!”

Three minutes later, Rocket was forced to take a breath and so was out. Raindrop didn’t notice.

Raindrop whacked Dirt. He didn’t notice, so Claire had to stop him.

“Silly Raindrop!”

“Five more minutes of underwater tag, then we’ll work on swimming fast!”

There were twenty-five minutes left in class.

Dirt sprint swam after Sunrise. Sunrise was cornered and got tagged.

---

Underwater tag ended. “We are now going to do laps for ten minutes. Top 3 get a piece of candy!”

The teacher held out three lollypops. “GO!”

Zoom swam off. He would obviously win.

Everyone else also went. “I can do this”, thought Raindrop.

Raindrop fell behind at first, with only Dirt, Tree, Rocket, and Sunrise behind him. After four minutes though, most of the raindrops were getting tired. Raindrop slowly started to gain ground. Ever so slowly he swam past Dark, Fall, Winter, Cloud, then Pumpkin. Later, Storm made a bad push off the wall, and Raindrop sped past. He crept past Summer in the eighth minute. Claire and spring were about ten feet ahead, swimming at nearly the same pace. Spring was slightly ahead of Claire. But there were only thirty seconds left, and Raindrop was getting tired. He reached the wall with twenty seconds left. “YOLO!” He pushed off the wall and swam for his life, pretty much. However, Claire and Spring were also speeding up. Raindrop still was catching up though. He wanted that candy. He almost never got candy at school. “Five!” Raindrop was just behind Claire. “Four!” Raindrop started swimming as fast as he possibly could. “Three!” Raindrop was almost at Claire’s side. “Two!” Raindrop lunged for it. “One!” Raindrop hit the other wall a moment ahead of Claire. “Zero!”

“Yes!” Exclaimed Raindrop.

“Nice job”, remarked Claire.

“The winners are: First place: Zoom, who literally beat everyone by a mile!” Zoom had done one hundred something laps. He went so fast he couldn’t even count his own laps. He eagerly grabbed the candy. “Second place - Spring! Spring happily walked up and took the candy. “Third place - Raindrop!” Raindrop ran up and got the candy, with his hands in the air.

“Now, I’ll be opening the waterslide for the last ten minutes of class.”

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!”

And so, swimming class was fun. Very fun.

The bell rang, followed by a bunch of “Awwwwwww”s. But the next (and last) period was PE, and PE is usually fun. (Right?)

Getting to PE was just backtracking steps.

“Class, make sure to do the warm-up!”, said the teacher, as the bell rang.

Raindrop walked up to the warm-up sheet. As always, it was too hard. “50 push ups, 50 pull ups.” (There was a bar on the wall for pull ups.)

Raindrop did fifty pull ups and fifty push ups. He counted by tens.

“Station 2: 45 laps sprinting.”

Raindrop did 45 laps. Since it didn’t say where, he ran around in a tiny circle 45 times.

“Station 3: Do all stretches from the sheets on the left.” “Skip.” He walked past.

“Station 4: 1,000 mountain climbers.” Raindrop did mountain climbers until warm up ended.

The main activity was capture the raincloud. It’s capture the flag, with six flags, pretty much.

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!”, the class cheered.

“Zoom, play fair and don’t run too fast, since I saw you during warm up.”

“Aww”

All the girls, Raindrop, Summer, and Rocket were put on team light blue. Zoom, Tree, Cloud, Dirt, Storm, Fall, and Sunrise were on team dark blue.

“Go!”

The game began. Claire, Spring, Raindrop, and Summer ran for the rainclouds. Dark fell asleep. On the other team, Zoom zoomed over towards the rainclouds. Storm followed. “Now!”, shouted Claire. All four of them got back. Zoom also got back, but Storm got cornered and had his belt pulled. “Go to jail”, said Winter. Zoom decided he should guard. Claire, Spring, Summer, and Pumpkin got out trying to get a raincloud, and there was only one left on Raindrop’s side. Raindrop sprinted full speed, and Zoom tried to intercept him, but he missed his belt and fell down, and Raindrop jumped over him. Taking advantage, Raindrop ran back at full speed while Zoom got up. As Zoom was still shaking it off, he ran and saved Spring. Zoom decided to go save Storm, so Raindrop came back to save Claire. He ran back once more to get Summer back in, and once again had to epicly dodge Zoom’s attack. It was too dangerous to try and save Pumpkin. Raindrop’s team met.

“We have to get Zoom out”, whispered Raindrop.

“But how?”, questioned Rocket.

“We need to all try to get a raincloud at the same time. Then, Zoom will try to get all of our rainclouds and we can get him!”, excitely added Spring

“This will work!”, added Claire.

They broke the huddle and charged as a big wave at the other side. Rocket and Winter got out, but it was pretty successful. Especially because Cloud and Storm were distracted by a storm cloud rolling in.

Zoom ran and got a raincloud. There were now only two left. Raindrop’s team all grabbed rainclouds, leaving just the one Zoom had brought back in the hoop. Zoom ran back ahead of the raindrop wave (Although there were only four raindrops) and got another. The raindrops threw their rainclouds into their hoop. Zoom attempted to run back, however Raindrop grabbed his belt. He couldn’t get it off though - it was tied on! Raindrop started being dragged across the floor. “A little help here!” Claire, Spring, and Summer saw, and ran over. They all grabbed on. Zoom was just four feet from the line now, but he was just inching along now because of all the weight. “One, two, three, PULL!” They all pulled down hard, and the belt moved down a bit. Zoom was just two and a half feet from the line. “Again!” This time they all yanked, and slowly it started to slip down, before it fell off. Zoom was just a foot from the line.

They had done it - gotten Zoom out. Raindrop’s team won that game. Nothing else interesting happened that class, and school ended.

Raindrop left school, forgetting about the scary teachers. He’d survived music class, but would the class get away with that again? Not to mention science. Even if he did remember, he wouldn’t know how scary things were about to become…

Raindrop walked into school the next day with a smile on his face. He was happy because it was raining that morning. However, when he walked through the door, his smile turned upside down. Summer, Zoom, and Spring, there before him, were staring at the wall.

On the wall, a teacher had spraypainted in large red letters “DO YOUR WORK, OR ELSE!”

Raindrop was worried now. He turned to leave, but the doors were locked on the inside. School was a trap. You could enter, but not exit.

“We already tried that. It won’t move, even when Zoom rammed it.” Spring continued, “And the windows are too small, even breaking them wouldn’t help. And the windows that are big enough were made with fortified glass so balls couldn’t break them.”

“This school day isn’t going to be fun”, worridly noting Zoom.

Raindrop walked towards math class. The hole was still in the wall, so he easily got up. “Good morning!”, said the math teacher as he climbed in.

Raindrop walked over to a desk and thought about what teachers would do that. His first thought was the music teacher. Then the science teacher. “But what about the social studies teacher? He/she we never saw…”, he thought.

Flower climbed into the room. She had been sick the first day of school. “Hi!”, she said.

Raindrop was too focused on his math to focus. Flower had been last into class, so the math worksheet was already given out. The worksheet was very hard.

Rocket couldn’t figure out 4x + 5[6x + 8(x + 6) - (78 - 30)] = 0, even though the answer was pretty obvious. So he ate his paper, after folding it into a loaf of bread. Winter was stuck on the same problem. That problem notably was the first problem. Dark finished it, but the next problem was 7x + [4 + 8x - (-6 + 2x) + 2] = -4{-4x + -4[-4x + -4(-4x + -4)]}. Dark fell asleep. Claire was two problems from done, but they were three times longer than question two. Raindrop was stuck on question four. Summer gave up on question three, and made a paper airplane. He threw it at the trash can when the teacher’s back was turned, but it went towards the teacher instead. Summer gulped. At the last moment, it curved, missing the teacher by an inch and diving into the trash can instead. “Phew.”

After the entire class, only Claire was done. Spring was the closest to done. She was on the last question. Flower was almost done with the ninth question though. All the boys except Cloud and Raindrop had given up and disposed of their sheets. Zoom had thrown his sheet straight up so hard after crumpling it into a ball that it flattened a bit.

“BRRRRIIIIINNNGGGGG!”

The bell rang to leave class.

“Unfinished questions are homework!”

All the boys, along with Winter and Pumpkin booed.

“Wake up, Dark!”, shouted Claire. “The rest of the worksheet is homework!” Dark woke up. “Homework?” Dark then walked out of the room, along with everyone else.

---

Raindrop walked up to the parkour. Zoom was once again standing at the other side, but this time he actually entered class.

“Ok, how is everyone going to get to Social Studies this time?”, he wondered.

That was answered when he looked up. Six feet up the wall was a button that said “Stop parkour platforms!”

It was a big blue button. Raindrop jumped in the air and slapped it. All the parkour platforms came out, then stopped moving. “YAY!”

“Onwards to class!”, shouted Claire.

---

Rocket was last into the room. There didn’t seem to be anything unusual. However, Tree had to use the bathroom. “Yes, you may use the bathroom.” But when he tried to leave, it was locked. And to unlock it, it required a five digit code. “Umm, can you please unlock the door?”

Raindrop noticed the room had no windows. He tried to add one and one together, but got eleven, so he added two and two together instead. *Gulp*

“HAHAHAHAHAHA! You’ll not be leaving my class today. Or EVER! Now sit down in your seat, right now, or you WILL regret it!”

Everyone else sat down. But Tree stood his ground. “I’ll not take orders from a maniac!”

The room gasped.

The teacher took out a large rock. “We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Either way, you’re going to be doing your work!”

“Nobody can throw a rock that far, dummy!”

There were a few claps. Everyone then braced for what might happen next.

“The hard way, you say? Well, we’ll do it the hard way.”

The teacher threw the rock as fast as Zoom could throw a dodgeball. Zoom’s dodgeball throws could knock someone into the wall when they were standing fifteen feet away.

It hit Tree full on. Tree gasped and passed out, bleeding water. The rock bounced back up and bounced off the wall, almost hitting him again.

All of a sudden, the teacher sounded nice again. She handed out a book and a worksheet. “Ok, class! Let’s begin! Use pages 4-11 to do your worksheet!

Nobody disobeyed. What they had just seen was so unbelieveable they thought they must have been dreaming. But then someone would look over and see Tree, and realize it was real. “That happened?”, thought Raindrop. Tree came to five minutes after that, and crawled to his desk, where his work was waiting for him. He started doing it, very scared indeed.

“Ten minutes left of work time!”, cheerily said the teacher.

Even Tree thought he had been dreaming, as he once again began scribbling down his answers. “Done!”, exclaimed Claire, and, for about the millionth time, she was done first.

---

Work time ended. “Put your sheets under your desks!” There were a few grumbles by raindrops who hadn’t finished. “Please don’t be mean. (Or else.)” Spring was the only one in the class who heard the “or else”, and fear shot through her. Chillingly, she realized that what happened at the beginning of class wasn’t a dream…

The teacher started giving a lesson. Raindrop had phased out, so he didn’t even know what the lesson was about. Instead, he was thinking: “Will I ever get out? Or will I be trapped in here, and have Social Studies, my least favorite class, FOREVER?” He shuddered at the thought.

The lesson was about the beginning of the rainy states. “In 1453, the Water War was fought in Rainssori. One side of the future rainy states believed in native ways, and refused to change how they lived. The other side wanted to modernize and leave behind their native beginnings, and also wanted that to be the case for the entire nation, so war broke out. It only lasted nine months though, because modern weapons were a lot better than old hunting weapons.” Zoom started getting a little twitchy, and Rocket began tapping his pencil lightly on his desk.

“After winning the war, the modern raindrops rushed west and captured natives who agreed to switch to modern ways, and killed those who didn’t. It is thought to be that 200,000 raindrops died in that war. The climate notably became 10% wetter afterwards.”

Rocket tapped his pencil harder, and Raindrop, Cloud, and Summer started to join in.

“I hope you took notes, I’m not repeating what I just said!”

Raindrop and Cloud stopped tapping and froze. Rocket and Summer just tapped harder. Only the girls had took any notes. None of the boys thought they would learn anything. However, everyone except Dirt, Sunrise, Summer, and Rocket took out a notebook and pencil. Raindrop wanted to take out his awesome rain pen, but he thought otherwise. He wasn’t going to test this teacher. At all.

Dirt and Sunrise started tapping as the teacher started talking again. However, the teacher was starting to sound a bit annoyed, and Raindrop was afraid that the teacher would just suddenly get really mad at the pencil tapping. “Through the rest of the 1400’s, the 1500’s, and the 1600’s, everything was peaceful, then in 1708, raindrops from Rainsha, on the other side of the world sent out an invasion. They thought one continent wasn’t enough space for them, even though each raindrop had about 420 square miles of space each at that time.” Dirt stopped tapping and looked up, then started tapping again, a little harder. “The invading raindrops came in on the west coast and fought for land. 12,000 innocent raindrops died before our army could fight them. Our 10,000 raindrop army was outnumbered by 7,000. However, our weapons were the best of the time.”

Zoom got sick of taking notes and sitting still, and started tapping his pencil. The noise was pretty great at this point.

“Our army charged their army, and their army charged ours. There was a huge battle, and we won, with two soldiers left. After that, we declared peace with the world, and that’s the last big battle we fought.”

Winter accidentially bumped her pencil, but she didn’t notice. It slowly rolled down her desk.

“Now we will begin learning about how really modern civilization came to be in this country.” The pencil was an inch from the edge of Winter’s desk. Pumpkin saw it, but it was too late. “In 1832… *DONK!* The pencil fell off and bounced off Winter, before hitting the metal desk leg. “the…” “WHO DID THAT!?” Everyone tried not to look at Winter, but a few couldn’t help it. The pencil tappers stopped, but they knew they had to be busted too. “Winter, go to the corner of shame!” The corner of shame was in the corner across from the door’s corner, which was on the bottom right corner from above. Winter shame-walked towards the corner, then suddenly the teacher whipped a pencil at her. It whizzed through the air, and just barely missed her, instead sticking into the wall like an arrow. “Go faster!” Winter speedwalked the last eight feet. Raindrop realized something. “This teacher has the same abilities as Zoom!” “There will be no more noise in my class.” She looked at the pencil tappers, one by one. “I expect to not hear a PEEP from anyone for the rest of class, or from anyone else! Or any sound besides breathing!” Rocket sighed. “No bending the rules either! Or get sent to the corner of shame!” Rocket stayed quiet this time.

“Ok, class, now that we have those distractions out of the way, let’s continue our lesson!”

Raindrop was very bored, but he made sure not to show it. He was also scared. He felt like he was teasing himself by thinking “Don’t mess up! Don’t mess up!”. He knew if he did anything, even drop his pencil, something horrible would happen. So as the teacher talked, he took notes, and held his pencil so hard it felt like his hand might evaporate from the pressure. But it was worth it, since option B would mean possibly getting the same thing as Winter, except the pencil might actually hit him. Seeing how bad Tree was hit with the rock, getting impaled by a pencil moving that fast would be like getting shot by an arrow. Getting shot by an arrow was definitely not one of the things he felt like experiencing.

Slowly, the seconds ticked by. And class finally ended. Raindrop finally released his grip of the pencil. His hand had a deep mark in it. But would he actually be leaving? To Raindrop’s surprise, the teacher actually unlocked the door, and let Winter leave the corner of shame. They were free from the horrid classroom, and the scariest teacher so far. But was the teacher actually being nice to them, or was the teacher planning something… awful?

I do not want to hurt/kill any teachers in real life.

Raindrop ran to LA, so he wouldn’t be late doing the climbing wall. He had memorized the way though, and still got to class a minute early. “Yay, no tardy slip!” Zoom still had beat him though by quite a bit. “I still win”, he said.

Winter got to class last again. This time the LA teacher was already talking about what the assignment was, however it was just freewrite, so she hadn’t missed anything. Raindrop was writing about rain. After all, the weather was cool and showery today. Dark gray clouds loomed very low over the rainy mountains, and a heavy drizzle was falling.

Zoom forgot to start writing, so he just was awkwardly sitting there. Claire and Spring were talking to each other about story ideas. “Umm… A school where there’s only girls?”, suggested Claire. “It would need more action. A girls only school being invaded by boys?”, said Spring. “I guess so. Make sure to make it hilarious though, as this is just for fun!” And so, they had their story idea.

---

After writing stories for all but ten minutes of class, Raindrop went first to share his story. It was about the heavy thunderstorm that had hit yesterday. However, he exaggerated a bit on the weak tornado. “Then, an F5 tornado blew past and I almost got blown away!” Nobody believed that anyway.

Claire and Spring shared the story they worked together on. The school was pink, and there were only girls. It didn’t have all that great of a plot though. “One day, a group of boys tried to see what was inside the school. But they all couldn’t open the door. The end.”

Nobody could tell exactly who was booing. That’s because all the boys were booing. “I guess we should have thought of a better story idea”, noted Claire.

Winter’s story was a decent story about having fun and sledding down a huge hill in a blizzard. “The wind was so strong, my sled was being blown sideways across the hill. But that just made it even more thrilling!”

“Class ends in one minute”, said the teacher.

Since the teacher said that, everyone got to the edge of the climbing wall. Spring, Raindrop, and Zoom hung themselves off the edge. So did Rocket, as a dare from Sunrise. However, Sunrise decided to push him off the edge for laughs.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAThwomp!”
“Sunrise, please don’t push anyone else off the edge!” He was lucky the LA teacher wasn’t one of the scary ones.

The bell rang for lunch.

Everyone climbing down at once was too much. Tree, Cloud, Pumpkin, Dirt, and Flower got knocked off.

“Ouch”, muttered Tree from the bottom of the pile.

---

Raindrop and Zoom ran into the lunch room. However, suddenly, they were both ensnared in ropes, and Zoom couldn’t even escape. The Social Studies teacher had the ropes. The science and music teachers were also there. Raindrop gulped.

“Want some lunch?”, said the music teacher.

“No!”, shouted Raindrop and Zoom.

“Well, you’re going to have some!”

Claire, Spring, Summer, and Rocket glanced in through the hole in the second floor. The lunch was deadly poisonous mushrooms with extra-super-duper-lava-hot hot sauce. They knew they had to save their classmates.

The evil teachers pulled them towards the lunch line. Raindrop also noticed that written in the same red spray paint as earlier, it said: "EAT YOUR LUNCH!" So this probably was all planned during third period.

Not all was hopeless though. As slowly they got pulled towards lunch, even with Zoom trying to run the other way, the rest of the class had been planning. And so Summer had climbed down and hid behind a trash. He also had five well sharpened pencils, and a big binder. Claire and Spring were going to be distractions. They could dodge almost anything, after all. Everyone else also got whatever they could find. They were going to be backup. Sunrise went so far as to getting a mop from a nearby janitor's closet. "Get ready", whispered Claire.

Raindrop and Zoom were only eight feet away from the lunch, and getting closer. "NOW!" Claire and Spring started yelling and jumping and running around randomly. "CEASE THEM!", yelled the music teacher. “PENCIL FIGHT!”, they yelled back. The science teacher then started walking towards them with the anvil she'd had yesterday in class. That's when Summer went into action. He chucked a pencil as hard as he could at the music and Social Studies teachers. It hit the music teacher, who then charged at Summer, barely affected otherwise. But before he was captured, he threw a pencil towards Zoom. "CATCH!", he screamed. The Social Studies teacher lunged and tried to catch it herself, but instead just hit the eraser, propelling it at Zoom. Zoom caught it.

Meanwhile, Claire and Spring were cornered near a window. The door to go outside was also locked. The science teacher got right next to them, and held the anvil above their heads. "Any last words... Before you get flattened?" "Yes, actually", said Claire. Then Claire and Spring both yelled "BACKUP!" before the anvil hit Spring and knocked her out. The teacher then quickly got the anvil again before Claire could even move. "Well, I've never liked work that much anyway!", yelled Cloud as he chucked a pencil at the teacher. The teacher, very shocked, turned around and dropped the anvil... On her own foot! Five more pencils then impaled her and knocked her out. Claire tried to wake up Spring, but she was out cold. And just then, the music teacher came back and threw Summer, barely alive, out the window. He'd been poked with a pencil multiple times. Three pencils sailed at the music teacher, but he just caught them, and threw them back, knocking out Tree and Dirt and hitting Sunrise.

Raindrop was first to eat the lunch. The teacher took a lunch plate, and moved it towards Raindrop. Zoom had an idea. He took his pencil, and aimed it. The teacher began to turn the plate towards Raindrop's mouth. Raindrop was paralyzed. His entire life flashed before his eyes. "Why did they have to make the lunch so horrible today!?" he thought. That's when Zoom threw the pencil. It whizzed through the air and hit the edge of the lunch plate. The plate spun around and the poison food flew. "Eat u-" Right into the teacher's mouth. The teacher's eyes became really wide, before she did a bunch of random flops and then fell to the ground. Dead. "YES! We did it!", yelled Zoom. "Now, how will we get out of this rope?"

Meanwhile, the music teacher had won against everyone else. And the science teacher was waking up. Claire was the only one left. But she had heard Zoom yell, and ran over. The reason the rope was so tight was because it had an electronic tightening system. Claire discovered it had a code though. So, she typed in 123456. It deactivated. "Wow, these teachers, with their master plan, can't even come up with a good code? Wow. The ropes fell off Raindrop and Zoom. Suddenly, they were greeted by a pencil. It skimmed Raindrop. The music and science teachers were standing at the doorway. And the lunch server too.

"Well, well. What do we have here? Is it a little reunion? Aww, so cute. Too bad soon you'll be doing work forever, all alone. The reason we didn't kill your friends is so they can do work too. Soon, we'll have everyone doing schoolwork. And nobody will ever find out about it! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"I think this is where they try to kill us!", whispered Raindrop. And that's when he saw the pencil. And everything went black.

---

Six hours later, Spring woke up. At first, she didn't know where she was. Then she remembered the teachers and the lunch and the pencils. But where was everyone? There was nobody around. After walking around a bit, she found the dead Social Studies teacher. Her body was starting to liquify into a puddle. The lunch meant for Zoom was still sitting on the table, and the lunch that Raindrop almost ate was scattered across the floor. "Eww, I hope Raindrop or Zoom didn't eat any", glancing at the dead teacher. But again, where was everybody? Except for a ton of water, there was no sign of anything that had happened. "Wait, raindrops bleed water!" A large trail of puddles and water led out the now unlocked door. But it was already raining outside. Then she noticed the slight coloring in some of the water, the same colors as her friends. The pink water especially caught her eye. "Claire!" And she ran out the door.

---

Three months earlier, the teachers had met, at that time they worked at a different school. And they talked about the school year. The principal said that only a certain amount of work was to be given per class period. However, this made something snap, and suddenly the music, Social Studies, and science teachers were yelling and tackling the principal. None of the other teachers dared to fight back. Meanwhile, the principal, was faced with a choice. “You let us give as much work as we want, or you leave!” And that’s where the teachers became evil. They created a jail-like building in which they could give work 24-7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, instead of just one class period and homework that could be skipped. They didn’t really want to be teachers, they wanted to torture, be evil, do anything except make doing work fun. And there was no denying it. They wanted to see suffering. The truth is that they hated crazyness. And they were going to end it. So they became teachers at Raindrop School. And in just two days, they’d managed to get the entire class. Except one…

Spring ran through the foggy, dreary day. She knew she didn’t have much time left. How far could wherever they went be? Even if it was obvious normally, the low fog made visibility almost none. And it was going to get dark in two hours. Darkness and fog is a really bad place to be. “I’ve got to hurry”, he thought, as a gust of wind blew cold water at her side. “Brrrrrr, this is cold! I wish it could be warmer out!”. The colored water led to a road, where it continued, only in small patches. Spring hypothesized that a truck of some sort had driven her friends away. Then, from about a hundred feet away, she saw something. She ran up the road, and discovered Winter laying on the ground, barely conscious. Spring pulled Winter up and brought her behind a bush to avoid being in the wind. “Winter! What happened to you?” She was very cut up and scraped by falling off something. However, Winter still could say things. “It was horrible! All I remember is being stabbed with a pencil a bunch of times, then a bit later being picked up by one arm and one leg and thrown into this basket like thing with everyone else. Then it started moving, and I started to slide. I couldn’t hold on, and next thing I knew I was flying through the air. Then I hit the ground, and I don’t remember anything afterward. But I know we have to save them!”

And so they were off.

---

Raindrop wakes up in a classroom. He has no idea what happened that made him get there. However, there’s no teacher, and only one desk. And piled four feet high everywhere in the entire room except for an area around and on his desk was probably every single worksheet to ever exist. Sitting on his desk was a cup with a hundred somewhat blunt pencils. And there was a single math worksheet. It had two sides, and a hundred questions on each side so long that they stretched across the entire page, even though they were in size four font. There was a speaker on the ceiling. Currently it was just repeating the same words over and over in an annoying tone: “Do your work, do your work, do your work”. Raindrop didn’t want to do work though. Especially not hard work. So he sat still and looked at the paper instead. And eventually folded it into a paper airplane. But the moment he made a crease, an alarm went off. Raindrop knew something bad would happen, so he unfolded it and started doing the work. The alarm stopped. “This is going to be boring”, he thought, as he worked on question one.

---

Spring and Winter were now following the small trail of colored water. But then the road slanted to one side a bit, and so the colored water had flown away. “Uh-oh.” Not just that, the rain was getting harder and the temperature was dropping. The wind was also increasing. “Well, what are we going to do?”, asked Winter. Spring ran over to the next intersection and found a puddle of colored water in the middle. “Well, I guess we’ll have to guess.” Spring ran right, and Winter ran left. After running a bit, Spring found a little bit of orangish brown water. “THIS WAY!”, she yelled out. Even though she’d pretty much screamed, Winter barely heard over the wind and rain. She ran over to Spring. Thunder was starting to rumble. Severe thunderstorms were pretty common in Rainville, and this one was looking even more ominous than the one yesterday. The sky was getting so dark that it was getting hard to see, even though there was still 45 minutes of good daylight left. The storm was moving in from the south, so the wind was blowing at them hard from the right. The rain was still not a downpour yet, but the wind was blowing cold water off the trees and right at them anyway. The roar of the wind was getting to the point where Winter and Spring had to yell at each other to hear each other. “DO YOU SEE ANY MORE CLUES?”, asked Spring. “NO, I THINK THE WIND BLEW THEM AWAY BY NOW!” “YOU’RE RIGHT! NOW WE ONLY HAVE LUCK TO RELY ON! LET’S GO STRAIGHT!” CRACK! Lightning struck half a mile to the south, hitting a tree and splitting it in half. They got to another intersection, and looked both ways, even though nobody would drive in the crazy winds. They looked to the left and saw wind, and a flash of lightning. BOOM, came the thunder. They looked to the left and saw about the heaviest rain they’d ever seen in their lives barreling towards them. “RUN!” They tried to run across the street, but it had a wind tunnel effect, and instantly they began to get swept away. Winter safely got wedged in the corner of a house, but Spring was caught on a tiny tree branch that could blow away. “BRACE FOR THE WALL OF RAIN!”. And then, it hit.

Suddenly, rain was coming down like nothing they’d seen before, and lightning was striking somewhere about every second. Spring and Winter couldn’t even see each other, even though they were only twenty feet apart. Spring couldn’t hold on much more though. “I’M SLIPPING!” Winter couldn’t even hear. Spring blew away, and just a couple seconds later, lightning struck that tree. Winter was shocked. She thought Spring was dead…

Meanwhile, Spring flew the air. Eventually, the road turned and she blew right through someone’s fence before landing against a wall in their backyard. The raindrops living there were already in the basement though. Spring also noticed that the street they had walking on had become a river. A few parked rainercycles were floating away, along with tree branches and other things left out on or near the street. Spring closed her eyes, like Winter already had done.

About thirty minutes later, Spring and Winter both noticed that the roar of the wind had calmed a bit and it wasn’t raining. When they opened their eyes, though, the amount of rain that had fallen was clear. Spring found herself in two feet of water, even though she had been a foot or two above the street. Winter had been moved about fifty feet after the wall she had been against had fallen over and she had drifted on it until it got wedged on a hill. And the road was a raging river, occasionally with rapids. The sun setting could be seen in the sky, which was now blue for the first time that day. The temperature had fallen to 48 degrees.

However, as Spring got up, she noticed another ominous storm coming in from the same direction.”I’ve got to find Winter!” Spring climbed over the fence and jumped into the river. Meanwhile, Winter, just 200 feet away, was pretty happy being on her small hill. It was better than being swept away out of Rainville and over a waterfall. “Although, maybe I’ll find one of the four square balls Zoom lost over there!” Zoom had lost 68 four-square balls last year. He cherry bombed it as hard as he could half the time when lunch ended. Because of that, he also popped sixteen. Only two weren’t lost. One landed near Claire’s house, and she brought it back the next day, and the other one went straight up and straight back down. It took so long to come down that a teacher who had been outside after lunch freaked out when it landed right in front of him. He then picked it up and put it back. It was pretty funny.

Spring had found Winter on her hill. Now that the sky was clear for a bit, Spring could see in the way they had been heading, a big warehouse like building. It had a sign that said: “Need work? Come in!” Next to it was a picture of papers. “I think we’ve found our destination.” However, there was water everywhere, and the next storm was very close. Thunder already was rumbling pretty loudly. The building was about a mile to the east. Spring could tell that they had ten minutes before the rain would become too much to continue. Then it would get dark. To avoid the water they were going to have to take risks. That is why Spring and Winter were seen jumping across roofs by many raindrops.

Just as the winds were picking up again, Spring and Winter reached the door of the place. It was high enough on a hill that there wasn’t any water around it, although it might have been that high during the storm. Spring opened the front door a crack. There was a desk, and a raindrop at it. He was looking away. “Follow me”, whispered Spring. They went in and ran around the side of the desk into a hallway on the side. The raindrop looked, but they had ran past by then. There had been a sign that said “work rooms”. Now there were doors at the sides of the hall, with codes just like there was on the Social Studies door. “How are we going to get in?” Just then, there were footsteps at the other end of the hall. Spring and winter dived into a bathroom and locked it until the footsteps were gone. Then they came out.

“Phew, that was close. Now, we’ve got to find where they keep the codes!” Suddenly, there was a loud bang from the inside of a nearby door. “Well, now we know where Zoom is!” Spring might have said it too loud, because suddenly the footsteps started running back at them. The raindrop also held a bunch of pencils. “Run!” They ran the other way, as the first pencil flew over them and bounced off the far wall. Spring ran faster, reaching for the pencil. She picked it up and whipped it around, catching another guard in the eye and knocking them out. After pushing Winter out of the way of another pencil, Spring took the other guard’s pencil ammo and gave half to Winter. “YEARGH!”, she yelled, chucking a pencil. But the guard’s dodging skills were as good as Spring’s, and the guard easily dodged it.

Winter and Spring ran around the corner as another pencil hit the wall behind them. Spring threw a pencil back. It hit the guard’s arm, who yelled out before sprinting towards them. Spring and Winter charged away down the hall as fast as they could, catching another guard by surprise and knocking him out. A pencil scraped Winter’s side. “OW!”, she yelled, and kept running. Finally they came to the other end of the hall, where there was a door to stairs. Winter and Spring ran up. The guard ran down. “Phew”, they both said. There were more doors. One was marked: “Sunrise Rain”. Spring tried to type in 1,2,3,4,5, but accidentally typed “8” for the last number. The door unlocked. “Wow. Really. Really!? That was too easy!” Spring opened the door, and Winter followed her in. Sunrise looked scared at first, thinking it was more work. (Winter and Spring had to climb over four feet of worksheets), then breathed a sigh of relief. “Spring? Winter? How’d you get here!?” “Let’s just say that someone can’t create good passwords. Now, let’s get out of here!” They climbed over the papers and got to the door, when suddenly: “Well, well. Trying to save your friends? I don’t think so.” It was the music teacher. They got into a big fight, until SLAM! Spring slammed the door, hitting the teacher’s arm hard. Then Sunrise slammed it again. It hit the teacher’s other arm. Then Winter slammed it. Sunrise, Spring, and Winter were now outside the door, and the music teacher was inside. “Yay!”, shouted Sunrise as the music teacher screamed a whole bunch of unintelligible things at them, and they walked away.

“CRACK!” Lightning struck the building. Everyone jumped. It was a reminder it was storming outside. The next labeled door said “Claire Rain”. However, this time, the password actually was a good one, and nobody could figure it out. Spring even tried doing 0,0,0,0,0, and going from there, but there were too many possible combinations, so she gave up at 0,0,0,2,5. “Well, how are we going to save her?” “Umm, I think we have to wait for someone to open it.” “Well, then we’ll have to be ready. Spring gave Sunrise two pencils. “Oh yeah, pencils. I don’t get why we all use pencils as weapons, but then again, it’s all we have, and I think it’s all they have too.” “Everything is weird here”, replied Spring, thinking of the school. And then Spring, Winter, and Sunrise took off down the halls again.

---

Raindrop finished question two of his worksheet. He also knew he was being watched. “This is boring, and plain out terrifying”, he thought, looking up at a security camera. Then he began working on the next question. He would die to just be in a normal, boring class again… Without insane teachers who take raindrops into a sealed room to do infinite work for no reason. Raindrop got some food. It was bad, but more edible than the lunch at school. That was the only thing that WAS better than school…

Spring, Winter, and Sunrise were looking for where the passwords were hidden, but they knew it wouldn’t be easy. First, there’s no way they would leave nobody in that room. Second, it was hidden. It wasn’t like there was going to be a big sign that said “Passwords”, was there. That was half wrong. There was a huge POSTER that said “Forgot door password?” This way. (Employees only!) “Well then. They are dumb.” “It so has to be a trap…”, mumbled Spring. “But what if they’re trying to double trick us? What if they’re expecting us to think it’s a trick, so we go somewhere else, and THAT’s the trick?” After some arguing about which way to go, they agreed on following the poster. It took them up a staircase a couple stories. When another sign told them to exit the stairs, they did. This was the top floor, and it had skylights. On one of the skylights sat a four square ball, and some golf ball size hail, as they were indented inwards some. “Hey cool, a four square ball!” exclaimed Sunrise. The storm was still continuing, however the golf ball size hail was no longer falling. “Good thing the first storm didn’t do that”, noted a relieved Spring.

Raindrop finished another problem. He was beginning to accept that worksheets was all he had left to do. Unless for some reason a match was to fall out of the sky. But even then, he might burn himself since the worksheets were everywhere. The answer to that question was 11. “It would have been nice if it was 1 plus 1”. Raindrop would joke and sometimes think that one plus one equalled 11. He also would mess up 2 + 2 , 3 + 3, 7 + 7, and 9 + 9 sometimes, thinking 2 + 2 equalled fish, 3 + 3 equalled 8, 7 + 7 equalled triangle, and 9 + 9 equalled heart. The teachers thought he was joking, even though he wasn’t always. “Well, another math problem, and another…”

The three raindrops left not doing work finally got to the door marked “Forgot door password?” “Psst, now let’s not be dumb here,” Spring instructed. “We can’t make too much noise, or we’ll get…” “Caught”, horrifyingly noted Winter. They had been surrounded while they were all looking at the door. Leading them, was the science “teacher”. “It’s the end of the line for fun for you. Say goodbye to not having worksheets!” What happened next was a blur. Spring and Sunrise were captured almost immediately. But somehow, against all odds, nobody went for Winter.

Winter ran off down the hall, but suddenly something snapped, Winter, normally a nice raindrop at school, suddenly was charging back the other way. “YOU WILL NOT TAKE AWAY MY FRIENDS!” Winter charged at the guards with fury, holding two pencils out. The guards tried to throw pencils at her, but she just thrust her own pencils into the way, knocking them to the side. Next thing, their capturers were impaled, all of them, except for the science teacher. Winter held her on the ground at pencilpoint, while Spring and Sunrise shook off being captured. “Give us the door passcodes, or else!” Winter jutted the pencil closer. “No, I will not!” The really fake teacher tried to get away, but at that point Spring and Sunrise had also pinned the teacher down. Winter poked the teacher with a pencil. “Tell us.” Winter raised the pencil up and was about to bring it back down when finally the teacher gave in. “Ok, I’ll give you the codes!” They got escorted into the room, and given a list of all the door codes. Then they dropped the science “teacher” and ran away. Winter slammed the door of the password room behind them.

They ran down the halls, freeing Rocket and Cloud. “Wow, Winter, I’ve never seen you be so brave”, Spring said. “Well, I was NOT going to let you have tons of work!” “Still, that was amazing!” “Thanks, Spring”

Raindrop was about to go crazy from math at this point. The problems had gotten even harder. However, he didn’t dare risk tripping the alarm by making paper airplanes. Instead, he just threw a bunch of sheets in the air. However, a minute later, he heard the sound of the door opening. “Uh oh, I think they caught me!” But instead, it was Spring, along with Winter, Sunrise, Cloud, Rocket, and Storm. “Raindrop, let’s get out of here!” “How’d you get in here? There was a passcode!” “Let’s just say that we got the passcodes” Spring showed the list of passcodes to Raindrop. “Ok then. Well, let’s leave!”

Soon, everybody was free again, extremely relieved to be out. It almost went horribly wrong when the door was opened that contained the music teacher. However, they closed it again just in time. Everyone turned the corner and ran down the last hallway and out the door, and out into the night.

Well, not quite. Instead they met the pencil warrior army. Half of every single guard in the entire building was in front of them. The other half came out of a door from behind them. And they were being led by the science “teacher”. “It all ends here. This time, you are ALL going to be saying goodbye to fun!” The first pencil was thrown and missed. Spring threw one back, declaring: “PENCIL FIGHT!”

Pencils flew. Water splattered. Rainy screams echoed. And suddenly, the whole place began to lock down. Zoom took over, slowly beating his way forward, and everyone else followed. Slowly the raindrops fought forward. Punch! Pow! Donk! Poke! Zoom was at the wall that was locking down, but the gap was only six feet. Zoom jumped out. Slowly everyone fought their way out. Raindrop ended up getting kicked out accidentally. He flew out and hit a tree. “Ow” Claire made it out. “Wait, where’s Spring?” The gap was just thirty inches. Spring reached her arm out at the moment, but she was also being pulled inward by all the guards. “ZOOM! HELP!” Zoom rushed over, and for a while a tug of war fight went on. At the last second, Spring got pulled through, but the guards wouldn’t give up. Spring’s leg was still in the path of the closing wall. Ten inches, nine inches, eight inches. Four inches, three inches…

Everyone heard the scraping sound as finally Zoom pulled Spring out of the grip of the guards. The door then closed with a big SLAM! Zoom accidentally had thrown Spring into the tree Raindrop had hit. “Hey, what did you do that for!? Wait a sec. I’m out of there!?”

All the raindrops cheered.

“Umm… Can someone please unlock this thing? It’s really dark in here!” “Umm… Uh oh. I exited the room with the lockdown button. Heh.” “REALLY!? WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE HERE!” “Whoops, sorry.” “SORRY? LIKE THAT’S GONNA SAVE US FROM DOOM!?” *Gulp*

Everyone pigpiled on the science teacher.

Back in the school, the raindrops were pleasantly surprised. They had new teachers instead of mean ones! As the raindrops walked in the door, they were greeted. And also, Zoom slipped on a banana peel that was on the ground. Everyone laughed.

Then, the new music teacher got a loudspeaker and yelled: “HELLO, EVERYBODY! LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!” Everyone went YAAAAAAAAY. TODAY, WE ARE GOING TO PARTY!” “YAAAAAAAAAAY!”

Instead of class, there was only fun. “First, you ALL have an hour of recess! Have fun!” “YAY! Four-square!”, shouted Raindrop. Raindrop picked up a four square ball, then realized it was deflated. By then, Zoom had already gotten another ball. “Hey!” Raindrop barely got in the bottom square. The entire class except for Summer and Rocket got in line. (Summer and Rocket played football) Zoom served the ball by cherry bombing it pretty hard. Two minutes later it came back down and hit Raindrop on the head, knocking him over. However, it also fell into Zoom’s square, getting him out. “REALLY?”

Zoom went and played football with Rocket and Summer, but he cherry bombed the football, and it bounced back at him, knocking him over. “Seriously… Stop cherry bombing the ball, Zoom,” chuckled Summer. “Fine… Ow.”

Claire claire-bombed the ball at Raindrop. (It’s Claire’s special trick shot, it’s where she hits it high and hard at someone so they touch it without bouncing, getting them out) Raindrop tried to jump over it, but instead he caught it on his legs and when he fell back down, he began to tap dance on the ball to avoid falling again. Everyone began to laugh. Then, Raindrop accidentally caught it with his legs again, causing him to fall. He ended up also flinging the ball onto the roof. “You’re still out, Raindrop”, laughed Claire. However, at that moment, Zoom threw the football too hard, and it bounced off Summer, knocking him down, and knocking the four-square ball off the roof . “Thanks, Zoom!” However, now the football was on the roof. Zoom climbed onto the roof to get it down. However, there was no getting in trouble anymore, so he was allowed to do it anyway.

It was a dream come true. No homework, no boring classes, no getting in trouble, no detention. No 40 page essays. Raindrop had gotten a 40 page essay in sixth grade. He got a D for using size 48 font. And so, the games continued. One time Claire tried to Claire-Bomb Raindrop, to throw the ball at his face. He did a backflip and somehow avoided it, but also wiped out. However he just brushed it off and kept playing.

Then, at 9:30, Tree took a stick from a pile left by the big rainstorm the previous day. There were a ton of them against a fence due to all the water. “ARRRRGH! I am a warrior, and I am here to conquer!”

And so, he began to chase everyone around with the stick. He almost popped the four-square ball, but Dirt threw it out of the way. Instead he poked the wall and fell backwards. “Hey!” Tree began to chase Dirt with his stick. Dirt picked up a stick of his own, and they began to stick playfight. “Yay, now we can play four square again”, said Flower. After 20 more minutes of playing, with Storm accidentally kicking it straight up and wondering where it was, until it landed on his head, the Social Studies teacher came out to say the next activity. “We are now taking a trip to raindrop park!”

“YESSSSSS!”

Raindrop park has a ropes course instead of a normal playground, but the best part is the REALLY HIGH, steep, hill. It’s 300 feet tall, and has rock faces sticking out of it in places. It’s due to the park being on the edge of the Rainy Mountains. So it’s really fun to race to see who can get to the top first. Zoom has a record of 1 minute and 14 seconds, the next best is Summer with 3 minutes 49 seconds. A few times, though, someone fell and got hurt, most notably when Cloud jumped off a 20 foot cliff to try to touch a cloud. Someone called 9-1-1, and he wasn’t in school for a week. When he came back, he was limping everywhere. But that was back in fourth grade. He’s of course smart enough to not chase clouds off cliffs now.

On the way though, Claire began to sing.

“The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round…”

Claire ALWAYS sings that song on the bus. It’s gotten really old by now. Storm even tried throwing an old piece of gum at her from under the seat to get her to stop, but she just threw it back at him, and it stuck to him. When he tried to pull it off, it just stretched. So Storm had to focus on getting the gum off himself. Instead he pulled it all the way around himself and ended up with a gum ring. Eww.

Spring also sung with her, but nobody else did. Even the rest of the girls were sick of it, even though they sung along in fifth grade. Claire was just messing with everyone, and she kept singing even when someone threw their stuff on her head. It was really annoying, and for the rest of the time, everyone was waiting to get there. Storm ended up getting the gum off and sticking one end to Claire and one end to Spring. Well, that’s a way to get them back.

Finally, the bus stopped and Claire and Spring stopped singing. The ropes course looked amazing, with the sun shining on it. Raindrop started by running to the rope. Literally, the rope. It was just a single rope hanging down from the wood thirty feet above, like a rope in a gym. Raindrop climbed to the top, but he lost his grip on the wood at the top and fell over, awkwardly sliding downward face first. “I’m done with the rope for now,” he said after lifting his face out of the dirt. Fall laughed.

Cloud did the cloud-beam. It’s a normal balance beam. After you climb up a pole and find yourself thirty feet up. Halfway across, he slipped, and tried to jump to stay on. He was too far to the side by then, though, and flew off. He managed to grab on to one of the swinging monkey bars, though, and did not fall. “Phew.”

Zoom raced up to the top of the mountainside, and beat his record by a couple seconds. “YES!”, he yelled. Everyone heard it from the bottom.

Raindrop decided to start a game of Don’t Touch the Ground. How you play is self-explanatory. He got all the boys besides Tree, Zoom, and Rocket to play, and also Claire and Pumpkin. Large rocks do not count as ground. “First one to the top of the hill wins!”

Raindrop climbed up the ropes course. He swung across it, almost falling off a few times. Sunrise fell off at that point. He was fine, but was out of the game. At the other side of the course, instead of going to the small ropes course which is somewhat easy, but long, he jumped a huge distance to the seesaw. Cloud had gotten there already, so when Raindrop jumped, he got flung a few feet. And so, Cloud was out.

On the small ropes course, Pumpkin stumbled on the part where she had to grab on to a rope to get to the next platform, while on a rope. She swung out in a circle, and accidentally kicked Dirt, who tried to grab Storm for support. They both fell off and were out. Pumpkin managed to get back on and keep going.

Raindrop wanted to win the game, as he approached the bottom of the hill. However, Summer was already climbing up the first cliff, which was still 20 feet away. And Fall and Claire had found a better way. Fall was slower still, but Claire was now also ahead. Fall couldn’t jump across a five foot gap, and was out.

Now there were only four raindrops left - Claire, Raindrop, Pumpkin, and Summer. For a bit, they were all on the same 40 foot cliffside, Summer grabbing the top, Raindrop a little below the middle with Claire eight feet above him, and Pumpkin near the bottom. However, Summer quickly got over the top, and then ran across a large rock and jumped over a stream to get to the next cliff. Claire got over next. She almost messed up at the stream, but with quick thinking flipped on her side to avoid the water, and landed on the other side. It was a little painful of course, but she brushed it off and began to catch up with Summer.

Raindrop fell behind because he got distracted by the stream. As he watched a stick float by, Pumpkin passed him.

“Whoops. Uh-oh.”

Raindrop didn’t really have much of a chance of winning anymore, however he passed Pumpkin again on the next cliff. Where the cliff began to become less steep, Summer grabbed a loose rock and fell 5 feet, managing to stay on a bush growing out of the rock. Claire passed him. After another small grassy area with a cottonwood tree on it, it’s leaves starting to turn yellow, the last rocky area stretched 150 feet upwards, with only small ledges. Cloud was lucky to even have survived jumping off, he just barely stayed on a ledge.

It was quite scary. But the raindrops were daring, and they were willing to climb it. Pumpkin attempted to swing a good distance using a cottonwood branch, but she slipped and fell to the ground. Pumpkin was out. That left only Claire, Raindrop, and Summer.

Claire was ahead by quite a bit, however Summer began to tire out, and began to slow down. Summer had always been a better sprinter, but Raindrop was a better long distance runner. Raindrop’s time in the mile run had been 5:58 last year, while Summer’s had been 6:41. Raindrop notably also wanted to win still.

“I WILL catch up with Summer!”, thought Raindrop.
Chants began to rise from the bottom, as the last three raindrops neared the top. The girls all chanted “GO CLAIRE!” The boys shouted “Go Raindrop!, and “Go Summer!” Some cheered Summer on because he was still ahead, some cheered Raindrop on because he was catching up.

Summer was 5 feet away, and he attempted to grab some grass.

“Please break, please break”, Raindrop thought. It did break, and Summer fell ten feet. If he had fallen all the way down, he could have died right then and there, and the competition wouldn’t be fun anymore. Raindrop decided to be careful for what he wished for, however he took the chance to get even farther ahead.

Summer happened to find one of Zoom’s four-square balls he had cherry bombed far away. It was always a wonder how they ended up so far away. However, there was a tornado one day moving that way, noted Raindrop. Well, at least someone found it.

Stuff always ended up in strange places anyway. Raindrop had taken a trip to Rainiziana, and had found the boys’ bathroom door laying on the ground on the beach there. That year was last year. That year was when the school fell down due to the flood, and so the last 8 months of the school year were off. Raindrop ended up using the wood from that door to build part of his treehouse. For once, school was useful for Raindrop.

“I’m above ya’ll!”, shouted Claire. That was already obvious. Claire might be a good friend of Raindrop, but she could be annoying occasionally, and also sometimes she and Spring would play tricks on Raindrop.
One of the most memorable was three years ago, in fifth grade when Claire and Spring had said they needed to go to the bathroom, when playing four-square, came back, and did again in five minutes. And neither of them had drank too much water, Claire had learned her lesson one year before that, when she drank too much water before Spanish, and asked to go to the bathroom right after the teacher had asked the question “Buenos dias means…”, and half the class laughed. It wasn’t even that funny, but back then they were just fourth graders then. Anyway, Raindrop stood on that court for a full four minutes. That wasn’t very long, but Raindrop hated being tricked. So Raindrop went in and found Spring waiting outside the girls bathroom door. He asked her to look for Claire, who was quite obviously behind the door giggling. Spring pretended not to see her, even though they had too have seen each other at least ten times.

Luckily Winter walked out of L.A. class to get a drink right then, and Winter brought Claire out with her. Claire and Spring giggled a ton.

Then, when they went back out to play four-square again, finally, they suddenly said that they didn’t want to play four-square anymore and ran inside, and Raindrop never even saw them for the rest of the day except when they were in class with him. “Must they always trick me like that”, Raindrop thought.

And sure enough, Claire decided to trick him again. While Raindrop had thought about that, Claire had gone somewhere out of sight. Raindrop kept climbing, up to a rock shelf, when suddenly Claire jumped out from behind some rocks. “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! Don’t scare me like that!”
“You should have seen the look on your face! It was hil-arious!”

Yep, Claire loves to play tricks on Raindrop. Claire was still giggling about it two minutes later. The good news was that it made everything less serious. Lol.

Raindrop still wanted to win, but he also wanted to get Claire back. So Raindrop decided on a prank of his own. “Hey, look, Claire! A bit to your left, I see your missing worksheet you lost in sixth grade!

And she fell for it. There wasn’t SUPPOSED to be anything there, and Raindrop had planned to go for the generic trick and scare her back after hiding. But a piece of paper was sticking out over there. And when Claire got a good look at it…

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

The other raindrops heard it from the bottom. Turns out it was the cover for a horror movie, a really scary one, one so scary they couldn’t even show it in the theaters because it was rated higher than R. After she got over it, she ripped it in half and threw it down the cliff. She was almost at the top then. She reached the top first, and won the competition. Raindrop was fine with that though. He’d just gotten back at the best tricker in the entire school, and he was happy about that.

Summer was way behind as Raindrop reached the top. He was worn out now from trying to win so much. He still beat his record by a few seconds though. “Good game”, he said. “Good game”, replied Raindrop and Claire.

At the bottom, a cheer had risen up. The girls were cheering because Claire had won. Then again, she is pretty good at a lot of things, and even though Zoom is twice as fast as everyone else at sports, Claire has very quick reactions to stuff, one time the school bully (Who got expelled for throwing Sunrise out the window in sixth grade) threw the ball as hard as a dodgeball in the corner of Claire’s square in four-square, however she started running there at the moment the school bully STARTED throwing it, and managed to dive in front of it, barely getting it with her hand. It bounced off, started spinning really fast, and went back into the bully’s square.

The bully, thinking it would keep bouncing the way it was going, ran out ahead to where he thought it would be. Instead, the spin made it bounce back the other way at herself again, but again she was ready and dived under it. It then landed out of bounds, and the bully was out. The bully tried to beat her up, but before he could land a punch, she had already nailed him in the eye and ran. He then threw Sunrise out the window later that day because he wasn’t paying attention and running away like everyone else. Then the math teacher walked out of the math room to get his lunch, and the bully was busted.

Bullies have not been a problem since then.

Raindrop, Claire, and Summer ran and climbed back down the hill. Raindrop decided to roll down a part. However, that caused him to roll off a cliff. “Whoops,” said Raindrop. He forgot to be scared. Luckily he landed in the stream and was fine, and took it as a joke.

For the rest of the time, almost everyone played on the ropes course. Then it was lunch time. “Lunch time, everyone!”

Everyone ran, and the teacher had to eat the lunch, pizza, to get anyone to even sniff it. After that though, everyone dived in, and for the first time that year, the lunch could be eaten without dying. Some raindrops even got seconds.

After lunch time, and the raindrops who finished early playing the be dumb game, (Raindrop actually was dumb and jumped off the beam 20 feet up, saying “That green stuff is water! I’m gonna jump!”) Needless to say, he won.

At 1:00, it was back to school for a movie. There were two choices, a horror movie, named Rainy is Deadly, or a funny movie, named Rocky Raindrop Goes to Middle School. Raindrop decided on the horror movie for a change, since he had never watched an R rated movie before.

At 1:30, the movie began, after everyone had climbed into the math room with it’s overhanging door. It began with a raindrop standing out in the rain, in a city, at night, and there was lightning. Suddenly, he heard a whooshing sound. He looked behind him, but there was just rain and lightning. Then, a spooky voice: “The next raindrop to look in my eye, will surely die!” The raindrop was freaked out now, and he began to run. Lightning struck in front of him. He ran the other way. Then, lightning struck. When it was gone, the raindrop had been cut in half. Dead. Raindrop probably would have passed out if he hadn’t just been in a horror movie himself practically. However, then a thunderstorm began outside, making it even scarier.

Pretty much, the movie was about this living wind gust who killed with lightning. And the next raindrop that looked at the lightning with his eyes died, sometimes right away, sometimes days later. The movie ended, and it wouldn’t have been horribly scary if it wasn’t for what happened at the end. It wasn’t even part of the movie, but lightning struck right outside, and Raindrop was looking. That’s when he passed out.

“Wake up, Raindrop! That horror movie isn’t real life!” Raindrop pretended to believe that, but he still thought that the wind monster was real. But it was sunny out now. And then, the bell rang for the end of school. Suddenly Raindrop realized that school was no longer something boring, or scary, or anything.

“Raindrop school isn’t a little scary anymore, it’s a little silly!”, he realized.

“WOOT!”

And so he ran out the door, jumping and partying now that Raindrop School was finally something that he could look forward to.

---

Now, the story could end here if you want it to. But who wants a generic happy ending? If you’re fine with that, then you chose ending A.

Ending A: The End.

But if you rather have a different ending, then great, you chose ending B. Keep reading!

---

Bells were ringing.

Wait a sec. Bells ringing?

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding… Whap!

Raindrop slaps the snooze button on his alarm clock. “Ugh, 7:30 ALREADY?”

On the table is his planner. In it it says “Complete 10 page essay.”

“Wait, what? I thought stuff like that was gone! REALLY!? I was dreaming the whole time!?”

Raindrop walks to school. The doors are not mixed up. The teachers do not give everyone fun days. And Claire just tricked Raindrop into walking into the girls’ bathroom because he fell for a sign she put on the door saying “boys”

“Raindrop! Get out of there!”

And the teacher just walked by when the door was open. “Raindrop, report to the detention room at lunch!” The teacher handed him a green sheet.

How great.