The Concert They Never expected | Teen Ink

The Concert They Never expected

By Jesuslovers14, Pasco, Washington
Jesuslovers14, Pasco, Washington

"I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News." Galatians 1:6

Author's note:

It was inspired by all the shows that I have watched in the past about super heros.

--When they pulled the purple wire, the lights went out but only in the back of the concert. The concert was still going on so no one else noticed the lights out and no one heard Natasha and Kitana screaming from fright, hugging each other. The lights came back on and Natasha turned to see Kitana not next to her anymore but turned her head to the right and was startled by… --

Natasha and Kitana are sisters that attend Chiawana High School. Natasha is a senior and Kitana is a freshman. Natasha and Kitana are sisters not like other sisters. Yeah they get along, but they get along so well, that they go on dates and one of them is the third wheel and afterwards, tell each other if they approve the guy as the others boyfriend or not. They talk about their everyday problems to each other every night before they go to sleep. They come to each other for advice before they come to their parents. Their parents love the type of bond that they have. Natasha is the big sister so she watches over Kitana and takes responsibility for her. Kitana looks up to Natasha and treats her like “the boss.” Natasha and Kitana both love the band group Titans. They are in love with the lead singer and think he’s super gorgeous and would do anything to get into the concert that will be playing on Nov. 16th, four days from today.
Natasha and Kitana came running through the front door so quickly that they almost broke the last hinge that is holding what is left of the door. It squeaks and has a loud bang to the slam of the door handle hitting the rusty frame of the door. They don’t listen and don’t pay attention to the loud sound. Their parents come running to the door thinking it fell and see both girls almost squealing like fans at a concert. Mom and dad’s eyes widen and they say at the same time,
“What is going on?”
Natasha and Kitana both pause and look at their parents with a straight face. Turning to each other they begin to smile and scream, “We got tickets to go see Titans this Saturday!! Ahh!”
Mom and Dad roll their eyes and turn around to go back to what they were doing before. Mother comes walking back out of her room and heads to the kitchen while yelling, “Dinners at five!”
“Okay!” reply Natasha and Kitana.
They both rush downstairs and into Kitana’s room. Natasha takes out the tickets and shows Kitana.
Kitana with disbelief asks, “Where’d you get these anyway?”
“Joey gave them to me as a late birthday present.” Says Natasha with a sassy tone, “He’s like totally in love with me.”
While the sisters were talking they hear mom scream. They both rush upstairs and see their dad helping mom with a towel wrapped around her hand.
Dad turns to Natasha and Kitana and says with a shaky voice, “It’s nothing girls. Mom just cut her hand a little. No biggie.” “Honey, be more careful next time” dad whispers as if he doesn’t want Kitana and Natalya to hear what he’s saying to mom.
Kitana and Natalya sigh with relief and head back downstairs to Kitana’s room when dad says, “Natasha order pizza from Pizza Hut. The Meat Lovers with that one white sauce on it.”
Natasha leans her head back and replies, “Okay.” 

It was Tuesday night and mom wasn’t feeling good. So dad took her to the emergency room. They ended up staying there overnight. Kitana and Natasha were worried but calmed down when dad gave them a call from the hospital saying that everything was going to be fine.
It is now Wednesday morning and mom and dad just got home from the hospital. The girls woke up for school to see mom wearing a cast on her arm, as they were looking at her hand, dad said, “Girls it’s nothing. Mom’s cut was apparently very deep so the doctors cleaned up the wound and put a cast on for her.”
“Do you need any help around the house mom? Me and Kitana could stay home from school and help you out.”
“No girls I’ll be fine. But thank you dear.” And a warm smiled appeared on moms face.
Thursday came so fast and the girls were counting down the days. It was now Friday. The girls run out of the school as the bell rings through their ears. Running home in a beat, they didn’t notice a strange man in a green jacket staring at them. They race to the front door and try to open the door, but it was locked. Laughing at themselves they told each other with one voice, “The back door.”
They run inside and toss their backpacks onto the kitchen floor and run their separate ways to their own rooms. Every thirty seconds running out to ask each other if their outfits are perfect for the concert. After two hours of trying on outfits, they finally got that perfect one that they both feel confident in. Natasha was wearing a mini skirt with blue and white stripes on it that felt like leather, with white leggings meeting up to her knees. She was wearing a black       V-neck t-shirt. Kitana, on the other hand, was wearing jeans and a white shirt with a blue blazer. They didn’t want to go too fancy, but fancy enough to meet the band members and take a million pictures.
They go to their rooms to change out of the clothes that they were wearing. As they were placing their outfits onto their beds they heard the front door unlocking and ran to see who it was. It was their parents.
“Mom we could stay home from the concert and help you around the house instead?” assured Natasha. Kitana nodded her head with agreement.
“No girls, I can handle a day without any help. You girls go have some fun. Plus I know how you two love this band.” Mom replied with a smile.
Jumping with excitement they screamed, “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” and ran to their rooms to get ready for bed. Mom started feeling dizzy and told dad that she’s going to head to bed early and that she wasn’t feeling well at all.
The concert starts at 9:00 am so the girls both set their alarms for 7:30 am. 10:00 comes by and Kitana can’t sleep. She thinks to herself “it’s probably just the jitters before the concert.” 11:30pm creeps around the corner as Kitana still can’t sleep. She decides to walk around a little and head up to the kitchen to get a midnight snack. As she was walking upstairs, through the stair window she sees a person in a blue jacket standing under a lamp post across the street, and she rubs her eyes. She looks back and the person is gone. She says to herself, “I must be very tired.”
She continues getting her midnight snack and heads back downstairs to her room. She looks at the clock and it’s already 12:45 am. She goes to Natasha’s room to see if she’s sleeping.
Kitana opens the door slowly because she knows that Natasha’s door squeaks and when she tries to open the door quietly, it seems to make the noise even louder. She creeps open the door and “ouch!” she screams because a bat whacks her head.
“Oh, Kitana, it’s only you” says Natasha with a relieved tone in her voice. “What are you doing opening my door like that in the middle of the night?”
“I was checking to see if you were sleeping or not.” Answered Kitana with a little shake still left in her voice from the scare. “Why aren’t sleeping yet?”
“I could ask you the same thing. I couldn’t sleep because it started to get too hot in the room, so I wanted to open up my window a bit, but when I got up to do that, I thought I saw someone’s shoes outside my window so I got scared. I’ve been trying to get the courage to actually see if someone is there for about 20 minutes now. I thought he might have come into the house or something.”
“Really! That’s so strange because I thought I saw someone standing under the lamp post outside, but then I rubbed my eyes and the person was gone. I thought it was because I was tired.” Said Kitana.
“You want to sleep in my room with me? I’m kind of scared right now” asked Natasha.
“I was going to ask if I could sleep in here anyways” laughed Kitana.
The alarm went off at 7:30 am and the girls opened their eyes so wide that they laughed at each other when they looked at each other. Despite what happened the night before, the girls were still exited to for the concert. They got ready with all their makeup, and hair and nails done. They run upstairs to tell their parents that they are leaving.
“Bye girls have fun!” yelled Dad.
The girls slammed the door and that one hinge squeaked again. Mom said with a sore throat, “Honey, you should go check out that hinge on the door to make sure it’s still holding on tight. Be careful though. I’ll be okay for a few minutes.”
“Alright.” Dad replied.
The dad started walking to the front door and opened it to check the hinge, and noticed it was loose. He went to the kitchen to get a screw driver to fix the hinge but heard something at the door. A person in a red jacket was walking away with a screw driver in his left hand. “Okay?” thought dad to himself, turned around to fix the hinge and to his surprise it was gone. On accident, he bumps the door with a slight tap and ends up almost tipping the door over, but catches it at the last second and with a shocking tone asks, “What?”

The girls get to the concert, waiting in line for 45 minutes. Finally it comes to their turn to enter. The security takes the two tickets from Natasha’s hand and scans them. They turn up red. The security guy tells them to step aside.
“What?!” yells Natasha. “How are they fake?!”
“Ma’am, I’m going to ask you to keep quiet while I let the rest of the people into the concert.”
They stepped aside and let the guard do his job. After the guard was finished letting everyone in, he called for another security guard to deal with us, or “escort us out,” but that guard left us in the back room where all the electrical wiring was held. After about an hour of sitting around waiting for the security guard to return, the girls got bored, so they started to explore. They found this one purple wire and they wanted to see where it leads, so they pulled it out. “What’s the worst that can happen?” thought Natasha. “I mean, even if we do get sent to the police station, mom and dad will come for us anyway.”
What the girls didn’t notice was someone staring at them from a distance. When they pulled the purple wire, the lights went out, but only in the back of the concert. The concert was still going on, so no one else noticed the lights out and no one heard Natasha and Kitana screaming from fright, hugging each other. The lights came back on out of nowhere, and Natasha turns to see Kitana not next to her anymore. She turns her head to the right and gets startled by a random guy in a blue jacket. He grabs her hand and says with a forceful tone, “Let’s go.” And he placed his hand on her pressure point on the back of her neck.
Natasha starts to see black surrounding her eyes and then everything began to get blurry. She closes her eyes and she’s out. The Mysterious man takes her quickly before anyone notices, and puts her into his green van.

Mom, lying in bed, is hardly in her right mind. She can barely move and can’t keep her head up on her own. The wound on her arm lost her a lot of blood, and her iron level is lower than normal. Dad runs in and says, “Honey, I have to run to Lowe’s and get us a new door. Someone stole our last hinge. Do you want to come with?”
“No, No, hun. I’ll be alright for a little while on my own.” Mom replied.
“Okay, then I’ll try to be as fast as I can.” Then he placed a kiss on her forehead and said, “I love you.”
At Lowe’s he and runs to the door aisle and remembers he forgot to measure the size of the door. He gets into his car and heads back home in a rush.

Mom, lying in the bed almost dying, starts to hear footsteps. “Honey is that you?” she asks. But as the footsteps got closer and into her room, she noticed it was a stranger. Frightened but weak she asked, “Who are you?” The stranger in the green sweater was a woman, and she didn’t say anything. She grabs mom’s arm where the wound was and mom screamed with all the energy left inside of her. The strange women took      out a blue substance that was in her left pocket and stabs mom right in the wound. All of a sudden, mom’s scream gets quieter and she fell asleep.

Dad drives up to the house, runs out and runs into his room where mom was sleeping. “Awe, she must be tired.” He said with a whisper. He grabbed the measuring tape that was lying on his drawer and ran to the door to measure it. When he got the measurements, he ran to his car to go back to Lowe’s. But what he didn’t know was that his life is about to change forever.

Natasha wakes up in a chair tied up. Her hands behind her back and her feet firmly on the ground. "Where am I? Hello? Is anyone here?"
"I'm right here. In front of you. How could you not see me? Now that's rude." The kidnapper folded his arms.
"Oh, okay? Sorry didn't see you there."
"Anyways, do you wanna know my plan?" He asked with a smile that covered his entire face. "Names Joe by the way. I have a brother named Tim."
"No, I don't want to know your plan. I want to know where my sister Kitana is!"
"Aw, you don't watch enough movies." He let out a sigh. "This is the part where I tell you my plan and then you escape."
"I don't want to know your plan! I don't watch a lot of movies! And I for sure don't want to know anything about you! Now where is my sister?!"

Home from Lowe's, Dad walks into the house, walks to his room and opens the door and sees that mom is still sleeping. He slowly closes the door and heads to the front door to replace the old door with the new one that he bought. He places the first hinge on the door. The second one into the door, and then the third. "There. All finished." He dusts off his hands in accomplishment.
"Ahh! Ahh!" Hearing his wife scream, Dad runs back upstairs his room.
"Honey! What's wrong?"
"It burns!"
"What burns?!"
"Everything! Everything inside me! Ahh!"
"Darling, just wait a little bit more, I'll go get some medicine from your cabinet." She nods. He runs to her cabinet to get her blue pain killers. He runs to the kitchen to get a glass of water, making his way back to his room trying not to spill. "Hun, Here's the wa..." He dropped the cup of water on the floor, allowing the carpet to soak up the liquid. Mom was standing on her two feet.
"Matt look. I feel great." He was so shocked that no words could pass his lips. "Some lady came in while you were at Lowe's. She was wearing a green jacket. She injected me with something green and my skin turned purple and it looked like a bruise at first, but then everything inside me began to hurt so I was screaming. But then I fell asleep. I guess it was some kind of medicine." She spoke clearly and with a widened smile on her face that stretched from one end of her face to the other.
All Matt could do was say "Hunny."
"Well? Let's see our new door." She walked to the front door dragging him along by clinging her arm tightly around his. "Wow. I love it. My man knows how to shop." She kissed him on the cheek and hugged him tightly. He reached his arms over and hugged her back.

"Your sister. Your sister. Gee. I don't know."
"Yes you do! I know you do!" She looked sternly at him like a mother looks at her child while scolding them with those angry eyes.
"Hey, hey, lady. You better be nice."
"Why should I? You’re the one who took me and my sister!"
"I'll tell you why. Why...why...hmm. I'll tell you when I remember."
"Huh? What do you mean 'when you remember'?"
"I have short term memory loss...sometimes...I think. But only when I get exited." and he smiles at her.
"Weirdo." she whispered to herself. "Weirdo, you said? Okay, maybe a little bit." He chuckled.
"Tell me where she is!"
"Where who is? You? You is here." He laughed, holding his stomach with both hands. "Oh man, I crack myself up sometimes."
"My sister Kitana. Where is she?!"
"Oh, her? No?"
"I'm going to scream."
"Go ahead. no one's going to hear you anyways." and he gave off a smart smirk.
"Ahh!"
"Told you. hah"
"Natasha!? Is that you!?" Kitana yelled with excitement. Joe looked surprised, then got his face serious.
"Oh. Now I remember. I wanted to make these walls sound proof so I could blast my music so loud without mother interrupting me every thirty seconds to lower the volume. He whispered to himself but loud enough so that Natasha overheard him.
"Why? Too much kidnapping to do?" She gave off a smirk with a chuckle following it.
"No. No. I forgot about it. And this is actually my first kidnapping if you haven't already noticed."
"Wow." She looked at him with a blank face for a second. ""Yes! Kitana. It's me. Where are you?!"
"I'm in some room with an ugly guy."
"Heeeey. I'm not that ugly." interrupted Tim.
"Hey. Girls. You can’t be talking to each other. You're kidnapped. It's not fair." Joe whined.

Kitana whispered something to herself. "What'd you say?" Asked Tim.
"Come here and I'll tell you." He came closer and she bit his hand.
"Ouch! Man you're too mean, here." He untied Kitana. "Go to your sister, she's next door. I hope I never see you again." and hid in the corner facing the wall crying. Surprised and weirded out at the same time, she got up and kicked him on the back of his leg.
"That's for my Natasha."
"Ahh! Just leave already! You meanie!" and was crying with alligator tears running down his cheeks.

"Matt, Hunny. You want to grab dinner?" He looked at her with silence, then asked,
"So, what exactly happened?"
"I don't really know myself. I just remember you leaving for Lowe's and some lady walking into the house not too long afterwards, wearing a green jacket. She injected me with something green and everything started to sting inside. Then as she was walking away, I fell asleep. When I woke up and it happened again with everything stinging, and now it's all gone and I feel great. Let's leave it at that. Huh?" and she flashed him a smile.
"Well, then. I guess all I have left to say is, thank God." and he kissed her forehead. "Now let’s make dinner together."

Kitana ran out of the room and saw that the next room was down a narrow, but very long hallway. She continued to run.

"Okay, okay. While I'm still stuck in here, What's your plan?" Asked Natasha impatiently.
"Ohh, finally I get to explain." He said with excitement. "Well, we have like five other people working with us. We noticed your mom was sick and we wanted to make her feel better. You know, give her medicine."
"So why the kidnapping then?"
"We wanted to keep our boss a secret so no one knows who she is. She doesn't want to be famous for some medicine that she created, so we needed to get everyone away from the house. You know the spy kinda stuff."
“You still haven’t answered my question though. Why the kidnapping?”
“Oh, we wanted to check and see if you two could help us with advertisement. You may not know this, but, the medicine is an illegal drug. It’s called Mechtolisynd. Mech for short” Kitana bangs the door down and runs to Natasha.
"Let's get out of here." She untied Natasha while Joe sat there motionless watching Kitana untie her. They ran out the door and then Joe stood up and calmly walked over to the door and watched the girls while they were leaving, and he let out a sigh. Tim comes up to Joe wiping his face. Joe turns around.
"Why'd you let that girl, what's her face, go, Tim?"
"Kitana, her name is Kitana, and she bit me, that's why."
"Ahahahaha. She bit you? Were you crying?" and Tim looked away. "Tim?"
"Yeah."
"I don't think kidnapping suits us."
"Yeah, I don't think I like it either."
"Buddy." He placed his arm around Tim's neck. "Let's go eat some sushi." and they walked off
"Joe, do you really think she thinks I'm ugly?"

Mom finishes getting the table set. "Honey, time to eat." She yells. He came out of his room and walks into the kitchen. They both say a prayer for their food and take a seat. Matt takes his first spoon full of macaroni. "By the way. Where are Natasha and Kitana? Isn't the concert over yet?" Just then, Natasha and Kitana walk in through the front door. Dad turns around in his chair.
"I like the new door dad." Said Kitana and Natasha nodded in agreement.
"So, girls. How was the concert?" asked mom. They both walked to the kitchen and looked at each other, and gave the same response.
"Oh, it was okay." They both shrugged their shoulders and sat down to eat. Mom got up and brought them both a plate and a spoon.
"Bonappetite."