Heroes of Rome Trojan Horse | Teen Ink

Heroes of Rome Trojan Horse

By hector moreno, san diego, California
hector moreno, San Diego, California

A long time ago when the gods of rome ruled this world they made an oath to never have children with mortal’s. But some did not listen with that children of god descent were born with great power and great skill. Some were great,good hearted warriors but others abused it. But before the god’s there were titans the strongest beings ever known but they were defeated. But they are still alive and seek revenge this is the story of the children who will fight them and destroy them.
“Hey Matt we need to go its starting”,said Max
“Ok lets go but if we lose it doesn't matter ok hot head” Replied Matt
Today is the annual monster fighting competition at camp rome. All the kids from the different houses will fight for the golden coin. The coin grants wishes to any demigod, a demigod is a human half god.
“Well matt lets see which monster were fighting”, Wondered Max
“It better not be a ginat those guys smell terrible”, Whined Matt
“The first team to fight is matt and max’ ,Yelled out the Referee
“They will being fighting a Minotaur”, Shouted The Speakers
Me and Max were great fighters but him especially, Hes the son of Mars the god of war, or in greek Ares.
The minotaur came out of the cage mad as all hell,charging and roaring at Me and Max.
“Come and get me”, Shouted Max
“Max you go right i'll go left.” Yelled Matt

We both drew our swords from our holsters and ran straight toward the beast. I cut off his hand and max well he just straight up sliced his head off. Thats what you expect from the son of mars.

“We won,”shouted max.
After the rest of the fights, the winners were being announced.

“And the winners are matt and max”, bellowed the judge.

We won the coin no to make a wish.
We got on the top of the podium to receive the coin but then out of nowhere a greenmist started rolling out from the far ends of the lake. Everyone ran but the mist was to fast me and max made it to the safe house but some didn’t make it. People started falling,frozen in time.

“What was that” Cried out a Boy

Matt answered “ I think that was a time mist it can freeze anything in time.” 

“But who has that kind of power to make it through the shield”? Questioned Matt.

“Saturn, the king of the titans”, Said head camp director Chase.

“He is the only one strong enough to break the shield and be able to control time”, Answered Chase.

“But how the roman gods banished saturn to the depths of tartarus”,  Replied Max.

“Lets see if the cost is clear” Muttered Matt.

“Ok if any monsters come out all of you be ready to fight.” Requested Chase.

There was no mist no monsters just more camp kids lying on the floor frozen in time. All of them had blank expressions on their face as if they were like statues or paintings.
“Ok everyone search for any more campers we need to keep them safe now hurry!” Yelled chase.

“Matt come on lets go look in the cabins” Pleaded max

“Ok lets go but make sure you have a weapon” Replied Matt

The first three cabins we checked were empty until we got to the venus cabin. There the stuck up pretty guys and girls that have the power of love and persuasion. We heard scream and crying we busted in with swords in hands. The first thing we saw was a giant hell hound barking at the venus kids.
“ Hey you big bastard pick on someone your own size” Yelled Max
The hound came charging Straight for max,while matt helped the kids out of the cabin.
“Hurry matt i don't think i can hold this guy for much longer” cried out Max
“Fine let him go i got this,you're going down you over sized chihuahua” yelled matt
The hound went after matt,roaring and speeding up and out of nowhere matt summons a lightning bolt and threw at the dog. The dog exploded on contact there was blood and hair everywhere around the cabin. Matt while a great warrior was the son of jupiter the god of the skies and lighting.
“Hey max are you ok”, wondered matt
“Yah but the damn dog ist you straight up blew his ass up, but now its smell like burnt hair, Laughed Max

“Guys are you ok, one of the venus kids came and told me that you two were battling a hellhound”, pleaded max

“Were both fine, but we should keep searching the camp what if there are more monsters  getting the campers” answered matt

Chase,matt and max went looking for more campers and monsters. But all they found where more frozen in time campers. More questions arose when why did the one monster attack the venus cabin.

“Ok campers settle down we need to find clues or answers to what just happen” Questioned chase

All the campers started to look at one point outside. There was something emerging from the lake. It had wings and a horse body. It was a pegasus and attached to that pegasus was a chariot there was a man on the chariot.They flew straight toward the dining hall where we were hiding and talking.

“Everyone settle down,thats just the seer from olympus checking up on us”  Replied Chase

The man looked like he was made of water and his eyes were black with red as if he was some sort of demon.  He came to the door and knocked.Chase got up and went to open the door,he came in looking angry as hell.

“Hey what happen i just got a call from all your parents saying that you were in trouble, do you know how bad it is to be yelled at by a god” Shouted The Seer

After he shouted at us for 10 minutes a whole new danger came a titan made of smoke came out of the lake yelling he had a message for Matt.

“ will the son of jupiter please come hear or i will kill every single one of to find him” Shouted the titan

Matt ran out with his lucky lightning bolt in hand, ready to throw at straight at the titan.

“what do you want with me,how do you know who my dad is”, Cried out matt

The Titan walked out of the water and straight for Matt. He had an axe made of smoke and a shield with long spikes. As if he came here just for a fight.

"What's the message your were going to give me you ugly son of a b****" shouted Matt

"I came to tell you that we are coming for you and your parents so you should get ready for the worst" bellowed the Titan

He went back in the water going down but before he completely emerged in the water he said.
" you should really take more care of your hound"

Then the Titan just disappeared, we all were in shock was he the one that sent the hound.

"Well that was a fun experience" murmured max

"Can all the campers please head back to the dining hall we still need to talk about the problem, go everyone hurry" demanded Chase

Matt was standing on the shore looking out on the horizon wondering what could be worse then the Titans coming back from hades and especially Saturn. If he ever returned from Tartarus,everything is lost.

“lets go matt we need to discuss what the hell just happened” Demanded Chase

All the campers were in the dining hall arguing about what is going to happen to them and their parents. matt was the main person to talk to since his father is the strongest and the king of the gods.

“hey matt did your dad contact you about the events that are happening or will happen?” questioned Max

“No not yet,but i should be able to summon him in the skies and get answers to the question we all have” Answered Matt

Matt went out the door then summon a giant gust of wind beneath his feet and flew up into the skies.Thundering started to happen when he got so high he couldn’t see anything on the floor.

“Father need to talk its urgent what are the titans going to do, why did they attack as insted of mount olympus” shouted Matt

The wind started to pick up at lighting came out every direction one shot matt but did nothing but charge him up. Matt started glowing like the color of lighting and gold.

“Yes matt what do you need” Bellowed Jupiter

Jupiters appearance is a giant man with a long white beard. He has a lighting bolt in a holster on his back and a tunic around his body.

“I have a couple questions, What are the titans planning to do and why does it involve us demigods?” ,Question Matt

“well we don't know what they're planning but it involves using the oldest trick in the book of roman wars, they plan to use a trojan horse to break into tartarus and get the king of the titans out they need to get saturn” Jupiter answered in a weary voice.

Then suddenly jupiter vanished into the clouds. Matt flew back to the camp. Everyone was looking at Matt as if he were on fire but he was just glowing.

“Matt what did your dad say?” questioned Chase
“He said that the titans are going to make a big ass comeback when they get to tartarus and free saturn from his prison and start another gods and demigods vs the titans and saturn” Answered Matt

they all looked at each other in  astonishment as if it was the end of the world. Which it was saturn could destroy anything with a flick of a finger or even just a thought of destruction.

“ Chase what do we do, or can we even do anything?” Questioned Max

“first we need to know what we will face, were to go and make a group to go on this treacherous quest” Replied Chase

all the campers went back to their cabin except matt,max,chase and some girl named jane.jane was a blond haired,tall girl her father is apollo archer god, healer, god of light, god of truth, sun god. A busy god who likes the laurel tree, dolphins, and crows. She is really strong warrior but she is very important person because she is the only one the can heal.

“jane you can go but we don't need you to do this its our fight not yours” Muttered Chase

“No im the only one that can heal, and saturn is after all of us so im going and i can fight” Argued jane
They looked at jane like she was crazy but then her hands started glowing golden she healed a cut on max's face which no one noticed until her hands touched his face.

“you know what chase she could be a big help on this quest” Said matt

“plus since max always wants to fight he will need a lot of healing because he is just too much of a hothead for an ares kid” answered Matt

All four went to the archives in the big house. They looked at maps and books that oracles wrote to tell any prophecies that could be devastating to the world. Matt found an old page ripped out of a book and thrown to the back of the book shelf it showed what to do and where to do it.

“chase before us three go any where we need new weapons and gear to get to tartarus” matt said

We went to the cabin of the vulcanus kids they can build anything as armor or a weapon. They gave a axe with fire to max and a sword to jane so she could channel her healing power and i got a sword that looks like a lighting bolt and it let me also channel my lighting through the sword kill anything.

"Ok let's go, first stop Las Vegas" muttered mat

Chapter 3
The three heroes made it to Las Vegas.they went looking for a man called the ticket master.he faces any one passage to the underworld and a pass into Tartarus.

" max,Jane we first need to get to the casino were the master is hiding" max replied in a deep voice

They went to 25 different casinos all that may be hiding the master but none of them did.until Jane pointed out that a new building had appeared in the middle of the strip.

"Let's go he has to be in there" Jane said

"Max you go right,Jane you go left and I'll go straight, first to find him alert the others but first capture him" ordered Matt
They all went looking each discretely holding their weapons in their disguises. Max said he didn’t find anything not even a clue,Matt also didn't find any thing but he did hear that the master was indeed in this casino. Jane found a game table saying defeat the beast and win. they didn't know what they were going to fight or what they were going to win all they knew is thats the closest they were going to get to the master and a ticket.

“Hey guys lets play maybe its the way to the master or an automatic ticket” said matt in a excitement tone

“Fine but if its some sort of trap or trick have your weapons handy” Replied Max

“Are you guys ready the game is going to start” Answered Jane

All three sat at the game table, then out of no where this mysterious man came and sat with them to play. But all of a the dealer at the table put a card down and a protal appered they were scuked in and landed in some sort of fighting arena.

“Where are we” Questione Jane

“I think we're in a callosum” Answered Matt

“I don’t care where we are, i just know this is going to lead to a fight so get ready to kick some but” replied max

Then a sound came out, it was people cheering and roaring. A gigantic lion,with ram head and a snake tail came out of some cage. all three pulled out their weapons ready fight.

“God damn that thing is ugly” Shouted max

The beast came charging straight for max but matt got his sword and threw some lighting at the creature and it moved back as if it were thinking of a new strategy to attack us. The thing started charging again but max was ready he threw his axe right at the creature but missed. the axe came back as if some kind of boomerang. the axe was covered in some kind of energy field that looked like blood. Max grabbed and it gave him blood amor the strongest armor ever worn by mars his father.
“Yes now its time to really kick some ass” Yelled max

“Max do you think you can take him” questioned matt

“Oh hell yah leave ugly to me,its time for some fun” Replied max

Max ran toward the beast with his axe in hand. He leaped up as high as he could and came down hard on it. But before he made it the snake tail grabbed him and bit him in his torso. The tail threw max across the arena.

“Max are you ok” Cried out matt

“Matt step aside” jane demanded

jane grabbed her sword and shot max with golden healing dust. She channeled enough to stop the poison and heal the bite wounds. Matt turned around and went to go fight the beast he summoned lighting through his sword and shot the thing time after time again. But the damn thing wouldn’t fall it just moaned win it got hit.

“Just fall you stupid bastard” cried out matt

“ Wait matt this guys mine” Max said in a laugh

Max got back up ran again towards the ting but when he got close enough he slid under the creature and dug his axx right in its stomach and ripped the thing right in half.

“Oh dear god, his guts smell like a landfill on fire on a hot day” Laughed max

They all sighed in relief as if a big weight was lifted off their shoulders. But that was just the beginning. All of a sudden they were back in the chairs at the game table and the holder said that they won.So they should go to the owner for their prize.

“Lets go, we need to talk to the master” Matt said in a brave voice

All three walked into a darken room with only one light bulb.They waited there for a minute then a door opened and lead them into a room covered in skulls and a concrete slab floating of the floor as if some kind of sacrifice table. They heard a very deep voice behind a banner that said master.

“So you made it i thought the chimaera would have killed you” ? replied the master

They looked at each other as if to signal this might be a bad thing.

“Ok we get you are scary just give us the tickets, then we can go” Said max angrily

He spoke again but in some sort of demonic voice.

“You will get a ticket after you do an important task” Questioned the master

They looked at him as if he were on fire but he was. He just stood there like nothing was going on. Then he said.

“ I get it im on fire who cares, let me give you the task” Answered and master

He reached for a book covered in gold and white trim lace. It was called the giver. Its main purpose is to see what the holder needs in life which makes no sense but is in fact very valuable to the gods.

“Your quest young heroes is to find the diamond of aphrodite” Replied the master
“Ok then where do we go to find this diamond”,questioned matt

The master did not speak but the book grew a mouth and started speaking saying that “ the diamond you seek is in las vegas look to the east and look for lost wages”

“Well wasn’t that helpful” said max in a sarcastic tone

“But when we find it you better give us the tickets our we will come and end you” jane said in anger

we left the casiano heading to the east looking for the diamond.

We looked every where possible all the casinos and even banks just to make sure that wasn't the lost wages.

“were not going to find the diamond lets just go back to the master and kick his but” max muttered

“No we can't will find it,it shouldn't be far from here keep going” max ordered

We kept walking down the strip until we hit the desert. Then we saw glowing lights from the distance. It was a pawn shop, but what would a pawn shop be doing in the desert. we went inside it was freezing because outside it was burning. There was stuff piled everywhere. there was a man sitting behind the counter listening to music and he didn’t even notice we where their.

“Jane,max split up and look for the diamond” Matt said

We searched the whole store and didn't find anything. We gave up and did the last thing possible and that's ask the man behind the counter. Jane asked for the diamond but he didn't move or say anything. She asked again but he did the same.

"Hey weirdo answer us or I will cut your head off" max shouted

The man got up and turned to max and just looked into his eyes as if to intimidate max. Mac pulled out his axe and lit it on fire. The man did nothing then his mouthed opened.

"Hi kids I have been expecting you for a long time" the man said in a very excited voice

"You three are here for the diamond of Aphrodite right" the man questioned

"Yes sir we need to get it to the master for tickets to tartarus" Jane answered

The man went into the backdown of the pawn shop. He came back out with a pink and red diamond shaped into a dove and inside was a single rose petal.

"Here take the diamond but be careful that you don't drop it because if you do the pedal inside could kill the person that dropped it" the man replied

"Ok you have a good night know" he said in a soft voice

Then the stir vanished under our feet and left us stranded in the desert but luckily we could see the lights from Vegas. So we just followed the lights back to the master.

We made it back to the casino of the master and we went straight for his office. But we were stopped by security guards. Then the demonic voice of the master told them to move aside and let us through.
We walked into his office and showed him the diamond of aphrodite.

“Oh my gods you actually found the diamond” The master said in an doubtful voice.

“What do you mean it was simple some guy in a pawn shop just gave it to us” Jane replied.

“But how you were supposed to die when you even got close to the diamond” The master said in a terrified voice

“So then who was that guy” max questioned

“I think i know, it was my dad apollo, he might have just asked aphrodite to give it to him so he could give it to us” Jane answered

“Well i guess you three did bring me the diamond so i will grant you passage to tartarus” The mastered muttered

Then in his hand was three tickets. we looked at each other and we thought its time to kick some titan but.

We ripped the tickets and then a vortex of black smoke engulfed us and sucked us into a dark cave.We heard screams and roars from the distance. We walked until we saw light but the light was fire and the screams were damned souls. We were in the underworld. Not tartarus.

“Great the god damn tickets took us to the realm of pluto the ruler of the underworld”Max said in a sarcastic voice

“This is fine at least we're half way there” Matt replied

We walked down a hill from the cave and kept going trying to find ways to get to the bottom and look for clues on how to get to tartarus. There was lava and fire spitting from crevices in the floor. Souls mad a river that based over us, and in the river was a boat being driven by a skeleton wearing a black robe.

“Hey guys look up” jane shouted
Me and max looked and saw the boat.

“great, now we just have to get up there and get on the boat” jane questioned

“No worry i got this” matt replied

All of a sudden a cloud came from under our feet and picked us up and we flew straight for the boat.

“Why didnt you just do that when we were coming down the mountain” max yelled

“Well it didn't seem like we need it because we were doing so good” matt muttered

We jumped on the boat and the skeleton said.

“You need to pay first”

"Hey bone bags what do we pay you with" max questioned

The skeleton spoke and said "any thing of value will do as payment"

"Wait I have a piece of gold from my dads arrow" Jane replied

The skeleton took the gold and let us go on his route through the underworld. We saw fire demon burning souls and evil spirits killing souls. There are even evil souls that demigods have killed in the underworld. I pray to the gods that none that i have killed come back and literally haunt me.

“Well then what's the plan when we get there”max questioned
“well we need to know who is going there,like what kind of monsters and titans so we can get ready to use their weaknesses against them” matt replied

“OK then we need more weapons and gear if were going to fight titans” jane answered

“Since i am the son of jupiter my uncle is pluto the ruler of the underworld so he should be able to get us the equipment that we need” max said in a heroic voice

we told the skeleton to take us to the castle of plutos. He nodded and moved the boat to the other side of the river. We kept going but then we saw it. the castle of pluto. The driver of the boat pulled up to the doorstep of the castle. We got off and went to open the door but the door opened on its own and let us in.we went inside and walked around looking for pluto or someone that could help us. But we then heard a loud growl it was cerberus.is a multi-headed dog, or "hellhound" with a serpent's tail, a mane of snakes, and lion's claws. He guards the entrance of the underworld to prevent the dead from escaping and the living from entering.

“Guys don't turn around” matt muttered
“Why let me guess theres some kind of monster behind us” Max said sarcastically

“ Well max you're not wrong, guys run”  Jane yelled
The dog came charging right for us. we each pulled out our weapons and got ready for the worst. Put as it got close we heard a loud whistle from the other side of the hallway. it was a woman covered in black and a crown of fire. She called it back with a giant bone in her hand. The dog moved back over there and  just left. then the woman stated to speak saying that she was the wife of pluto and that she was the queen of the underworld.

“Children what are you here for” the woman questioned

“Were here looking for my uncle” matt answered

“How the hell is your uncle” the woman yelled

“My uncle is pluto the god of the underworld, the brother of my father jupiter the king of the gods”
Matt muttered

“Oh my gods dear boy i am very sorry for yelling let me take you to pluto” She said in a delicate voice

She took us to a large room that seemed it was covered in flames but when you touched them they were cold as ice. There was a man in a black and red cloak standing in the middle of the room talking to a spirit. When he finished talking he turned around and looked at us. He was a tall man with black hair and some sort of mick jagger look.
“Sweetie who are these children” pluto questioned with a mean look on his face.

“We are children of gods, we are demigods” jane answered

“Well i'm even more related to you since i'm the son of jupiter your brother” matt muttered

“Thats great i have a nephew” pluto shouted

He then asked what we were here for. we told him that we're going to tartarus to stop the titans from sneaking out saturn with some sort of trojan horse and we needed more weapons and gear to take them down.he took us to a room filled with armor,weapons,and everything else you could imagine.Jane grabbed healing armor,spells and weapons that chanell her unlimited power. Max got unlikely weapons such as a shotgun and machine guns with even stronger blood armor. I got some armor that could use my lighting as a protection field that could deal damage and a spear with lighting as the staff and galaxy steal as the tip which can cut through anything in the world. Once we got all our gear we told pluto goodbye and we left looking for a way to tartarus. But little did we know that the titans were already days ahead of them and they even might get there before them.

Chapter 6
we went all through the underworld and found nothing but monsters but that wasn't a problem since max killed every single one that gave us a problem.Until we found a man that seemed like a spirit but could talk and walk like any normal person like he was some guy trapped in the underworld because he fail of getting out when the doors opened. He walked over to us saying that he was a message from one of our parents. We didn't recognize any clues that showed he was from our family but then he said “ war is my specialty” so that meant he was here for matt. Maybe mars was trying to help us out on our quest maybe even a fast travel way to tartarus . He kept talking some sort of passage under the lava at the floor of the underworld saying it could teleport anyone,and anything were ever they desire. So this guy showed were to go and gave us tips on how to survive the traps set for anyone that would ever try to use that sort of magic for the wrong purposes.

“Come on lets go” matt commanded

We went through dangerous passage ways like some had demonic monsters or a curse that said if you touch anyone you they will burn in agony in the underworld. But we got through all that crap by using our new gear that pluto gave us.

“Finally we got to the damn teleporter,now lets get to tartarus” Max said in a determined voice

We each stepped on a tablet covered in some sort of purple smoke which smelled like lilacs and dead corpses. then we all appeared in some sort of place made entirely of rocks. We are finally in tartarus.

“Ok lets go hurry we don't know,what's going on” Matt shouted

We ran down the side of the mountain looking for any way into the maze so we can go and destroy Saturn before the other titans trick the keepers that there gods and take him. We finally found a crevasse in the mountain. we went through the crevasse carefully trying not to cut ourselves on the sharp rocks on the walls of the crevasse. Then we saw some sort of cat laying on a rock with a sign saying don't talk to grumpy cat. But we got to the beginning of the maze. the maze go’s on for miles and some that go in never come back out. we went in but suddenly a spirit appeared and said that if we go in we could never go back out the same way we came in. We just kept going until the maze started move and separated us from each other.

“Are you guys ok” jane shouted

“i'm ok” max answered

“Me too” matt answered

We each went our own way. jane went into a portal and magically appeared back in the underworld but it was just an illusion to trick her so she could go insane inthe membrane. Max went to some happy and peaceful place which sounds great but for a mars kid its like a big warfare. he destroyed the whole damn place and killed everyone in the place. matt went to the end of the maze but he was just dreaming because some sirens but him to sleep with their sirens songs. But we all made it to the middle of the maze and meet up and talked about we had just gone through.

“Come on we still got a long way to go before we get to jupiter” Matt said in a scared voice.

We got ready and kept walking. there was monsters left and right but max never stopped all he did was shoot and slash his way across the whole god damn maze. But when max shoot one more time and two gigantic doors swung open and there he was jupiter sitting in a huge jail sail. we got here first.

We ran right for him ready with our weapons in hand just expecting for the worse. But nothing happen we just stood there waiting. Two hours past and we were still just standing their. But all of a sudden jupiter yelled attack and then three titans came out one made of lava which means it could fry you faster than anything,another made of water and could drown you faster that a tsunami,and then the earth titan, it was made of solid rock and tree which means it could kill you two different ways. Max took the lava titan and jane the water titan. We did everything we could to hurt the titans but no use. they kept healing as if there abilities come from the earth itself.

“Come on what do we have to do just to kill these ugly bastards” Max shouted in anger

“We need to use their weaknesses against them, ok we need to water down the lava freeze the water and smash the rock ,so everyone switch partners” jane commanded 

“But we don't have anything that could use water,and ice, but max can do the smashing” Matt muttered

“Wait remember the gear room pluto took us” max said in a courageous voice

“Yah so” jane said in a sarcastic manner

“I grabbed the eye of a frost demon it could freeze the water and water down the lava” Max answered

Max got into his backpack and pulled out the eye and aimed it right at the water titan and shot him. The titan was frozen solid it fell to the ground and shattered into a million pieces. He gave the eye to jane, then she shot the lava titan and extinguished him. so now with two out of the three titans are dead they now set their sights on the rock titan. Matt and max went charging right at him with their powers leaking from their bodys. max summoned his blood gea and slashed the titans arms off. Matt jumped up and a bolt of lightning struck him. charging his weapon and giving him the speed of a lightning bolt. Matt stabbed the titan right in the chest and split the titan in half, it was bleeding mud, which made it really ironic. They all stepped back to see the three titans dead on the floor. they had just one the trojan titan war. But they had just notice saturn wasn’t even in the jail once they were done. They realized that it was just a ruze so they would lose focus on what was really important. making sure he never got out. but now someone had just released the beast.

When they were finished they returned to camp and they were welcomed like real heros.But little did they know something far worse was happening, a thing that not even the gods could do anything about.