Evil's Key | Teen Ink

Evil's Key

By Dylan Vaughn, San Diego, California
Dylan Vaughn, San Diego, California

Leo felt soft cold drips on his face.  “What happened to me?” he asked no one in particular.

“Why do I have scrapes all over myself?”. “Where am I?” As he rolls over, he hears the soft crunch of leaves and a beautiful yellow key hits him in the face.

It was around his neck strung with braided material that he couldn’t recognize. Images in his head produce a partial  flashback of what he recalls.

Leo remembers being at school. For the past week before being in this cold damp place, he was getting daily beatings by a bully named Spike.

They  were getting increasingly worse too. On the most recent event, the bully spat out,“You’re a disgrace to your family” and kicked dirt in Leo’s face. He vaguely remembers this nasty blob picking up a rock and throwing it at him. Leo didn’t think he                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     deserved this kind of treatment, after all he was always very honest and kind. But lately even his parents had been treating him badly.

He is only 14 years old and lives in a small town called Boxville, Oregon. It is a remote, cold, and dismal place, a logging town. Leo has thick brown straight  hair, green eyes, and he is short for his age, about 5’4”. Despite his height disadvantage, he is very athletic. A large drip off a giant pine tree jolts him back to reality. He realizes he needs to find his best friends... and fast. He starts the long walk back to Fall street were they all live within shouting distance of each other.

As he is walking, he realizes how much his head hurts. His hand reaches up and comes back red with blood from a large gash in the side of his head  just above his ear. He wonders if it will require stitches. Hopefully, Piper will be able to nurse him back to health. He can’t wait for her caring touch and he thinks he may be falling in love with her. A small problem is that she is his best friend Brandon’s younger sister . As he walks and strokes the key he is anxious to meet his friends. He is going to need all the help he can get to piece together this mysterious afternoon.

He senses that they can all help in some way.

Brandon’s jaw hangs down to his knee as his front doorway frames what vaguely looks like his best friend Leo. However, this look alike has tattered clothes, blood all over his face and a wild-eyed look.     

“Oh my gosh Leo! What happened to you?”

“Thats what I’m trying to figure out “ Leo  replied. 

Piper pushed her way past her brother Brandon and was shocked by the sight of her bloodied friend Leo. She couldn’t help but let out a scream. As Leo collapsed into their arms Piper begged to know what happened and asked about the strange key around Leo’s neck. She quickly got all of her first-aid supplies and began to tend to his wounds. Leo passed out on Piper and Brandon’s couch.

Hours later, when Leo awoke he found that Cameron had just arrived on his solid chrome,  two million dollar, turbo engined harley. Cameron completed the foursome of neighbors and good friends that Leo trusted most in the world.

He was very good looking,tall and blonde, but somewhat on the awesome side. He had the brains to get them out of any sticky situation. Cameron learned most of what he knew from motorcycle races...he was a career racer. Hopefully his talents would come in handy now.

“Leo, I think we should go back to the scene where you woke up so we can find some clues to help jog your memory” Brandon exclaimed. Everyone agreed and quickly jumped into motion, packing up to head back into the forest. Little did they know  what trouble lied ahead.

As they all head back to the forest, they can’t shake their uneasy feeling.The strangest thing occurs,the forest is absolutely still. Not a sound is heard, no birds, no wildlife...nothing. When they approach the clearing where Leo found himself after being knocked out, the trees were  all uprooted. What little vegetation was left was burned and the ground was black and scorched. They were too stunned to say a word. With Leo and Piper in front of Cameron and Brandon they followed the sound of  groans from the bushes. They come across a crumpled old wizard on the ground. He was covered in mud and his beard was wet with blood. You could barely make out his cloak as  it was tattered and filthy. His head was propped up by a smooth rock. He looked pale and in between weak, shallow breaths he whispered Leos name over and over. As he stared at the group he continued, “I am the once powerful wizard Macchioto and you Leo are a special boy. Do you see the the birthmark underneath your elbow?“ Leo could barely answer but he knew it was there, plain as day. The Crown Mark he has had since birth, right were the wizard said it was.

“Whatttt dddoo yyou want with me?” stuttered Leo.

”You are the chosen one” continued Macchioto. “ I brought you here and saved you from that beating because I need you”. In between hoarse whispers he explained that Leos family descended from royalty and were very trustworthy people. His relatives had been guarding fabulous treasures and secret vaults for centuries. The Crown Mark near his elbow was his birthright. He was the next in line! Macchiato also came to warn him about Vill. “Now Vill is the most disgusting creature. He is a vile, greedy, hideous, enemy and he wants that key around your neck. He can change shapes and has many evil helpers.Unfortunately he got the best of me in this nineteenth battle together. Oh but I gave him a good fight. He is very powerful! Never mind that...where was I? “Oh yes..this Key of Light  unlocks the vault to the fantastic treasure of Starbucks. We’ve been guarding it for centuries. Leo, protect this key with your life and don't let Vill or his nasty henchmen have it! To the groups amazement Macchiato keeps talking, but appears to be fading slowly.” The Castle  Pike is hidden in the Cascade mountains east of Seattle.

It houses the treasure room and many wonderful things.” The wizard starts to cough and some blood comes out of his mouth.

“You’ll have to cross the Piranha river and Death Valley .  The Castle is only revealed  by inserting the Key of Light into the Devils Pitchfork. With one last gasp he tells them, “There are many perils  ahead Leo but i believe in you.” Then he slumps over and  vanishes in a cloud of ash and dust. 

After a moment to collect their thoughts, Piper speaks to the group.

“Whoa Leo i guess we need to call you The King now” she laughs.

“What was that all about? What did the wizard mean when he said Death and Piranhas and devils? I’m scared and  think its about dinner time,so I’ll be going now.” She pretty much summed it up for all of them as Cameron and Brandon both shook their heads in agreement. “Look you guys, you’re my best friends and  really need you now” Leo pleaded. “ I had no idea about my family history, but please help me complete my quest! It will be dangerous but  don”t know who else to turn to” His eyes began to water and he looked completely helpless. Brandon gathered his sister and Cameron together  away from Leo and said “meeting time” Leo noticed a lot of heated conversation. After a time they approached him.”We care for you like a brother Leo. We are now your loyal subjects….WE’RE IN!”

Little did they know, high above them they were being watched.

As the crew is walking North, Leo  tells the group again how excited he is and what a shock it was to find the crumpled map in his back pocket. Macchioto had really looked after them. They all stopped and thought about how much of a respectful, caring and brave wizard he was. The trail north began to get wet and slimy and the temperature began to drop. Cameron said “ don't you guys feel like we are being watched?” Everyone shakes their head. All of a sudden they hear this deafening “Screeeeeeeeech” above them. Leo and Piper fall to the ground as Cameron and Brandon run for their lives . A large mechanical bird swoops down on them again and again.

“What is that flying thing?” Piper yells over the noise. “I’ve never seen anything like it!” shrieks Leo.”It looks like an owl, but its metal” The strange aggressor continues to dive-bomb  Cameron and Brandon. To the groups horror a hideous voice begins to bellow out of its belly speaker, “ABANDON YOUR QUEST AND GIVE ME THE KEY AND NO HARM SHALL COME TO YOU...CONTINUE AND YOU SHALL END UP LIKE THE WIZARD.”

Little do the warriors know, Screecher is a prototype , fly-by-wire surveillance owl built by none other than Vill. It can screech loudly, fly, and drop yellow marble bombs with paralysis dust inside. His different colored eye beams can move objects or melt them.The operator can see what Screecher sees on a remote television. It is state-of-the-art terror!                  Cameron takes cover behind a thick tree and fumbles in his backpack.”Got you now” he exclaims as he finds his Wrist-Rocket type slingshot. He sees the owl come back for a pass at Piper and finds the perfect sized rock to load. He pulls back so far he almost breaks the straps and fires! “Darn...missed him” Screecher comes around again. Cameron finds another great rock but doesn't pull back as far this time. He lets go and it’s an almost perfect shot, tagging the owl in the side. Immediately the terrible message shorts out and a ball of sparks spew out. Screecher flies away sideways disappearing over the crest of a hill.     

“Great shot” yells Brandon and Leo simultaneously. “What the heck was that thing”. asked Piper .Cameron replies “Obviously some sort of weapon built by Vill...That thing is dangerous. “ The heroes have a pow-wow and consult the map. They realize they have to make great time before sunset and then make camp for the night. The group trudges on for hours talking quietly amongst themselves covering many miles of mountain hills and valleys.Leo pulls out the map again in a nice valley near a trickling stream and asks,”How ‘bout making camp here for the night, im sure we’re all bushed?” It was music to everyone’s ears. Leo used all of his Falcon Scout skills to construct a shelter out of stone. tree branches and brush.

Piper used her matches to build a cozy fire. They snacked on Granola bars, Gatorade and Goldfish crackers .As they fell asleep everyone heard Leo mumbling something about being close to the Piranha River.

Piper woke up first as the raindrops  soaked her hair and cascaded down her face. “Some shelter” she cracked to the sleeping boys. “Guys, let’s get up and get on the road... We have a big day ahead of us. Start packing” She commanded. “What's for breakfast” asked Leo? “Probably granola bars again” said Brandon.

The heros were wet, dirty and not particularly well rested. So they packed up camp in a grouchy silence, checked their map and resumed their trek North.

Leo had a lot on his mind. He was the only one who had any idea that just a few miles up  and over the small pass was a dangerous obstacle. Despite the annoying rain, the wilderness was breathtaking and rugged and wild. Leo was shocked they hadn't run into any bears yet.

Just over the crest of a hill they could hear rushing water. Their eyes gazed upon a large river,maybe 200-300 yards wide with slight rapids.

The river crossed directly in front of their path. There was no way around it, they were going to have to swim or float across.

As they got closer there was a powerful dead stench coming from the water .

The banks were covered with the bones of various animals .This is what Leo had been afraid of. “EWWWWW”  cried Piper, as she smelled the river with disgust.

It had suddenly dawned on the foursome where all the bones came from. Cameron asked “I hate to ask this question because I think I already know the answer but… did something eat the flesh off these bones?” “ And is that something living in this river?” replied Brandon.”

I guess that’s why it’s called the “Piranha River” said Leo. As they looked out over the water they could see it teeming with hungry fish.

“Lets just try to figure out how to cross it” replied Piper.  They huddled together and started to throw out ideas. Ropes, rafts, floats, and large amounts of fish food are the most popular, but no one can agree one plan.

Piper begins to fidget and picks berries off a nearby bush. She throws them into the water and notices something very strange.

The berries turn the water blood red and it seems to be attracting the Piranhas. “Look!” she shouts to the others.

Amazed , the rest of the crew begins to formulate a plan.

Leo, being the best swimmer will go slightly downstream and throw a basket full of berries into the river distracting the Piranhas. Piper. Cameron and Brandon , on a raft made  from branches, will paddle across.

Leo will swim after them and catch up to the raft. It just might work. They get busy constructing the raft and gathering berries. “Good luck you guys” says Leo. “I’ll see you about half way across...paddle fast but not too fast  okay?”

As Leo steps along the slippery rocks downstream, he see the others take the raft to the waters edge. He gets close to the river and begins to throw large handfuls of berries as far as he can. The water begins to turn beet- red and immediately he sees the piranhas pooling and jumping and concentrating nearby. He chucks the last two handfuls wildly and takes  off running upstream. When he comes around the brush he sees the raft is about halfway across. There is a lot of flailing and splashing as they push the raft as fast as it can go. Leo dives in and races toward the raft in his best crawl stroke. He is tiring but gaining on the raft and no Piranhas so far. As he closes in he hears Piper scream “Leo hurry hurry!..the Piranhas are on the move!” Leo digs deep, but he is exhausted. As he reaches out for the raft and climbs aboard he begins to feel tremendous pain in his left ankle. The rafters scream at the sight of Leos bloody ankle with mad fish thrashing all over his leg. Cameron quickly knocks the fish off Leos pant leg and shoe while pulling him aboard. Painful jolts surround their paddling arms each time they plunge into the water. There is no doubt the piranhas are no longer fooled. Brandon howls in pain as he screams “just a few more yards!”  Their arms are flailing wildly; paddling, bleeding,screaming! Crazy fish flying all around in a frantic  frenzy. The raft crashes against the boulders onshore as the foursome dogpiles off. 

They quickly whip the fish off each others arms and legs as they wail in pain. Piper and the group  all start to cry. They’re not sure if its tears of joy, from getting across or tears of misery from their situation. Probably a little of both.

Piper uses her knowledge of plants and herbs  to find healing moss and tends to the wounds of her friends. As she searched the woods for healing remedies,  Piper points out  something written on a rock. “Look!”she exclaimed “Beware of the Ninjas”. The words appeared to be  written in blood. The group looked  over to a bush that was shaking slightly. “I don’t like the looks of this at all” added Brandon, with fear. With no warning  whatsoever, four fully armed Ninja warriors came flying out! “Hwwwaaaaaaahhhhhh”! Three of the ninjas had swords and weapons. Another was armed with just a paint brush and canvas! He was painting a picture of a handsome looking boy.   “Hey, what the heck, thats me!” said Leo in excitement. The artist was Vills commander,Cappuchino.  His breaths were like people screaming in pain. Cameron furiously reached into his backpack, hoping to find something to fight with, but he came up empty. The ninjas attacked with swords slashing through the air. Piper dodged the first wave and shouted to the group, “Get in a circle,they’ll be easier to fight off! They quickly grouped together and Brandon grabbed a large stick just as the second ninjas blade came slicing down. The razor sharp edge sliced right thru the wood and cut his shoulder. He wailed in pain as Leo circled around and jumped on the ninjas back grabbing him around the neck. Suddenly, Leos key around his neck began to glow and get warm. The glowing grew into these fabulous beams of brilliant light. As the beams found each individual ninja they stopped swinging their swords and began to rise off the forest floor. All the heroes froze in astonishment. The ninjas yelled simultaneously as they were lifted by the strange yellow beams. Their faces and limbs began to freeze as they went higher and higher. At about ten feet up, they looked like stone statues suspended in midair .Without any warning the beams  disappeared and all three ninjas fell out of the sky. They slammed down, smashing in a million pieces on the cold, hard forest ground. “WOW….that was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen Leo” Exclaimed Piper. Cappuchino, who was spared the stone death flung his paintbrush and rushed  Leo with a scream. As Vills henchman leaped forward he pulled a steel dagger out of his belt. “Look out!” cried Piper. To everyone surprise Leo ducked and Cappuchino flew into the river. In a crazy pool of blood and  screaming and gnashing, he was quickly consumed by the hungry piranhas. Brandons shoulder wound luckily wasn’t too deep and again Piper packed it with the healing moss.

Cameron walked over to the painting and picked it up. “Why is Leo in this painting and who was the guy painting him?” That was a mystery that would be answered later. They collected themselves and begin to hike the trail North again. Where the ninjas  magically levitated and smashed to the ground was a most beautiful pure white and gold sword. A gift from the heavens.

While the group walked, Cameron was swinging his new white and gold sword around like it was a baseball bat. Leo was consulting the map and turned to Piper. “According to this map we go from Macchioto, over the next hill the terrain will get very hot and dry for a few miles. Then it will rise steeply. Off to the left should be a large rockpile with a grand tree shooting straight up from it. That tree will be shaped like a pitchfork….” “The Devil’s Pitchfork” Piper interrupted. “Exactly” said Leo.  Sure enough as the best friends came over the hills a giant desert like scene was spread out in front of them. It began to get hot. Bones started to appear in piles along the trail, which seemed out of place. The group was astounded by how many piles there were. Piper picked up one and examined it. “I got a bad feeling  again guys. This looks like the leg bone of a Deinonychus. We just got done studying carnivorous dinosaurs in science.These  dudes were a handful. Raptors. They ran fast, had razor sharp teeth and claws like knives. Good thing they’ve been extinct for millions of years.” she replied happily. “Uh oh” said Brandon as he looked overhead. There appeared to be some nasty looking storm clouds forming directly over them. “Look!” yelled Brandon That cloud has a face in it….and it looks like the guy the piranhas ate!” Cameron supplied the name. “Cappuchino” he said. Just then a booming voice echoed thru the valley. “YOU ALL WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO CAPPUCHINO! YOU WON'T LIVE TO SEE THE CASTLE.” A huge thunderclap shook the heroes as the bonepiles began to move.

“RUN” shouted Leo.”This way!” He motioned with his hands as the piles of bones began to assemble into eleven foot high “Dinoskeletons”. Piper thought back to science class and remembered that Deinonychus  could run very fast, about 20 miles per hour.The group was sprinting as fast as their legs could carry them, but they seemed to realize they weren’t going to out race the skeletons. Behind them now, they heard a giant “ROAR”. Cameron took a peek behind him and wished he hadn’t. He screamed as the first of many Dinos was racing toward them. “Split up”said Leo. Piper and Brandon take a sharp left off the trail towards some large  rocks.  Leo and Cameron take an easy right off the trail and turn around, not quite knowing what they will see. About one hundred yards away and running upright was the first skeleton and he was gaining on them fast. “I got this” yelled Cameron as he stood with his sword just above his head ready to swing. The Deinonychus let out a mighty roar as it lunged with rows of teeth at Cameron. He dodged quickly to his right and swung with all his might. The blow shattered the long neck and  sent the skeleton head flying across the valley. The bones of the body and tail crashed to the ground in a useless pile. “Great swing” yelled Leo with pride, but there wasn’t time to waste as another one  beared down on them. “Run to that cave over there” Leo shouted pointing to a large rock with a hole in it. He hoped the entranced was big enough for them but not for the dinosaur. Maybe he would get stuck  and they could turn him into dog bones! The closer the boys got to the hole the closer the “killer Bones” got to them. They could hear his  roar and stomping behind them. Leo and Cameron flung themselves into the hole just as the jaws grazed their pants.  Cameron scooted on all fours through the back of the cave to the exit. He ran around the front of the rock with his mighty sword perched above his head and took a huge swing. The dinosaur that was attacking Leo exploded into a million tiny fragments. “Thanks pal” exclaimed Leo half buried in bones. “Now  lets go save Piper and Brandon!” They took off again in a furious run toward the rocks their friends had hid in. As they got closer, much to their horror, they saw two Deinonychus’ clawing and snapping at the rocks. “Hurry” huffed Leo. “They need us!” Cameron's first dinosaur was easy to take down because it didn’t see him coming as he swing clean through it. However, as he quickly crushed that one, the second skeleton lashed out and grabbed him in the midsection. He screamed in pain as Leo picked up the fallen sword and swiped right through the dinos legs. He easily crushed it, but the damage had been done. Cameron laid on his side motionless with his shirt quickly soaking red and brown. “Oooooo...uuhhhhhhh” was all Cameron could say as Piper rushed out of the rocks to help her friend. She carefully turned him over and yelled for the water from Brandon. The groups started to panic as they realized their friend was dying. “DO SOMETHING” Leo yelled to everyone. Camerons mouth was bubbling blood and his eyes were getting glazed over when the craziest thing happened. The key around Leos neck once again started to glow , but this time the beautiful light was a soft purple. In a thick stream, the light weaved around the group and covered Camerons still body. For a full minute nobody moved fearing they might disturb “the force”. Color came to Camerons face and he coughed and sat up as the purple glow faded away. He was alive! The friends cheered and danced and laughed in relief.It had been a long day. It was time to make camp for the night .

The group woke up around 8am to another morning of overcast skies and light rain. Cameron thought to himself  “I wonder what obstacles lie ahead today?. Maybe Cappuccino will come back for one more fight?  Maybe there will be a new enemy, something I can't even imagine.”  Everybody felt on edge, knowing that more difficult times would be                                       ahead.                                                                                     

About an hour into their steep climb an extremely loud  screech pierced the silent wilderness  “ SCREEEEECH” They felt the whoosh of air  above them and immediately remembered that sound. They looked up and saw the huge mechanical owl again, almost darkening the sky. Piper and Leo squatted down and covered  their heads. Cameron hiding behind a tree noticed Screechers eyes started to glow light blue. It hovered over them and fired a yellow ball directly at Piper. Cameron swiftly bolted over and deflected it with his sword,but the small bomb breaks open and showers him with yellow dust. Leo  picked up a rock and threw it, but unfortunately it missed. Piper hears Camerons weak call for help, “Help me I can't move” he says. The dust has a paralysis chemical inside  it. Next they saw the owl rise up and use its psychic powers to levitate the heroes up in the air. A booming voice erupted from the owl “GO AWAY, YOU'RE IN GRAVE DANGER. NEVER COME BACK. END YOUR JOURNEY NOW, OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!” The owl’s eyes began to glow a vivid pink and the kids suddenly fell to the ground in a big heap. A screeching sound comes out of the owl and it counted down slowly “5,4,3,2,1”. “It’s going to BLOW” shouted Leo. 

“Get away from the creature! We’re going to be killed!” says Piper, unfortunately a little too late. BOOM!!! Screecher, the mechanical owl exploded with so much force that the kids were thrown a large distance  and hit the ground with enormous force. Ignoring their new scratches and bruises, they all say simultaneously “THAT.. WAS.. AWESOME!!”  Camerons stiff body began to move.They all began speaking at once about how the owl exploded... spattering metal parts and wires everywhere. Even though the crew was a little beat up from the crazy levitating experience ,the paralysis and from the explosion of the mechanical bird, it felt like nothing compared to all they had already been through! They giggled and laughed about the extreme force of the bird exploding and how terrified they were as they made their way back to the trail.  When Piper finally caught her breath, she wondered aloud.  “Hey guys, why do you think that owl warned us not to go any further?”. Brandon replied “Because it didn't want us to look for the secret Castle Pike hidden somewhere along this road.” Leo said what they all were thinking…”Then that’s exactly what we need to do!” As Leo finished his sentence, he felt something  unexpected  grab his foot with force.

That thing that grabbed Leos foot was a plant named Tyrone and it picked him up high in the air and started throwing him around wildly like a toy . “LEO!” yelled Piper as Leo was lifted up and thrown around upside down. “Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch.” said Leo as Piper gathered Brandon and Cameron and asked“Do you guys have any rope.?” “Yes I  do” said Brandon “Its in my backpack”,so he gave the rope to Piper. Piper  made a large loop and swirled the rope over her head like a lasso.She flung the rope around the  villainous plants neck and pulled really hard. “GOTCHA” she yelled triumphantly as the plant  wailed in pain and let go of  Leo. Piper leaped out and caught him in midair.”Nice catch cowgirl” said Leo thanking her.

Exhausted again they started  up a steep hill with loose shale. The ground gave way so much it made the hiking difficult. According to Leos map they were getting close to their destination. “Maybe over this hill….” huffed and puffed Leo. They trudged on for what seemed like forever, up and up and up they slipped. Finally as they reached the crest of the hill, they saw it. It was magnificent!  It was THE tree.Standing all alone among a beautiful flat top meadow.“Wow I can't believe what i’m seeing” said Cameron. If there was any doubt that this was the Devils Pitchfork, the three prong shape and the keyhole knot in the middle confirmed it. As they approached the tree Leo said, “Brandon, come here and give me a boost to reach the keyhole.”Brandon began to lift him and the key turned a pale blue color that lit up everyones faces. Leo inserted the key and it fit perfectly.He smiled.” Here goes” he said to himself as the others watched the meadow silently. He turned the key to the right and looked up.

Where there once was a flat green meadow now magically stood an enormous shimmering golden castle.  The castle Pike stood two stories tall with golden spires and bridges connecting the towers. Its roof was made of deep blue tiles that looked like jewels.  The massive front double doors of gold looked to be guarded by giant lion statues.It was the most amazing thing the kids had ever seen. Piper smelled the air and it smelled like there was food inside “Yum it smells delicious”.  

“WOW!...There must be fifty rooms in that castle” exclaimed Brandon. “Nice house Leo, how come you never invited me over after school?” said Piper with a wink. Cameron chimed in, “I bet there is a massive refrigerator in there and i'm hungry!

As the group approached the castle,  the huge front doors creaked and groaned and began to slowly open.Through the increasing gap between the doors the group could see two very large guards in golden suits of armor holding weapons. “Uh oh” said cameron as he looked at his smallish sword. “That’s a Morning Star” pointing out the obvious handle with chain and an iron spiked ball on the end. Leo said “guys we can't defeat these guards with just our bare hands we are going to need those suits. Get on  your eyeblack and get ready for war!”. “ But how are we going to get past them and into the castle?” whispered Brandon

At 11:59 they quickly and quietly slipped and killed one of the guards and put on his suit and walked to the gate “All is good so far no sign of any other guards   Hours pass all the heros are sitting on the hill waiting for a good time  to strike the castle without getting thrown in the dungeon.   When the coast is clear we will all get rid of the costume and run to the thirty first stair where the evil person lies in wait for us to come and destroy us himself”  “Ok lets do it” so there plan was all set up they were ¼ done with their plan they had already killed one of the guards and took his suit now they were proceeding toward the entrance when one of the guards said “Sargent” and quickly they took the costumes hand and saluted  the other guard and he quickly walked right past them. “Yes” Piper said quietly once they were in the castle.” lets take the suit off” then they start to walk and they hear an alarm saying “INTRUDER ALERT” over and over. Then some guards came and started to chase them to a dead end up then Piper saw something” Look a switch” said Piper she pressed it and the guards suddenly dropped below the floor

“ its a trap door” said Brandon and they all started to run again up the thirty one stair they went and after a long time they finally reached the thirty first floor. “Aw welcome ive been expecting you for a long time” said a dark shadow.

As the heroes stepped into a dark room “ I AM VILL and welcome to my evil lair which one of you wants to die first and feel my dark powers” at that moment Brandon steps forward “I will defeat you NOW” and Brandon suddenly lunges forward at Vill like a tank and they go into a heated 1 hour battle  with sparks and fire flying everywhere magically when Vill has his magic wand and Brandon has his fire pale

Brandon suddenly splashes Vill and he shrieks  in pain “ARRRRRKKKKKAAA” then Leo notices that Vill can't stand to be touched by fire

Then he got an idea “when he was distracted by Brandon i'll go in and pour a whole bucket of  fire on him and he will dissipate like dust” so at that moment that Brandon and Vill  were fighting Brandon got shocked by Vills wand a shriek of pain came out of him as he fell on the ground with a lot of force “OWWW” said Brandon with  no energy to fight Vill  anymore then Vill  came up to Brandon and said “you silly boy you think you even had the chance to defeat me! Too bad you will die before you get out of this castle so long Brandon” and suddenly without anyone expecting it Leo comes from behind and pours water on him   as Vill  shrieks in pain from the water hitting him “AAAAAAHHHHHH” and slowly but steadily he starts to vanish into dust. NOOOOOOO I WILL GET YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU”…” thats what you get for hurting my friend Brandon” said Leo.  Then after they defeat Vill. they go over to Brandon and help him get up  “No guys I cant get up I'm in to bad of a condition leave me here to die go on without me.” “No we cant do that  said Cameron “you are one of our brothers we can't leave you to die” “but its for the best guys” your journey was way better without me anywayyyyyy” and he slowly closes his eyes and everybody starts to slowly cry sad that they lost their best friend

.“NOOOO” he was such a good man” “its ok” said Piper “he was a great guy that everybody liked  but i think is time has come to pass away for the best of us we knew that we weren't all getting out of here alive and we all knew that Brandon was a great person in our lives but now we can't keep worrying how he is doing we have to get the treasure of starbucks and get out of here” but what the heroes didn't know that there was booby traps still hidden in the castle “lets run down the stairs” exclaimed Leo and when they got back to the first floor they discovered that there were spikes in the floor. And they quickly had to dodge the spikes but they were very tricky to dodge “OW” Leo said as a spike caught his pant leg and it wouldn't let him go after five minutes of him trying to get loose he finally got loose and  broke free and they finally got to the beginning of the castle and when they got back to the entrance Piper said    “OHH Leo” she turned around and got closer to Leo. “What” he said. “the truth is Leo is that i really like you” she said all blushy  at that moment Piper touched Leos cheek and he felt like he was going to pass out. “I want to remember this day forever” said Leo. “Here Leo ill give you something to remember” and at that moment Piper kisses Leo and Leo can feel the rush in Pipers lips. Then after a few seconds they stop and say loudly “YES WE HAVE THE TREASURE OF STARBUCKS”.... in conclusion the heros have the treasure of starbucks in hand and they all go back to their homes and live happily ever after except for Brandon who is in a better place. This place is called heaven where all the good people go and become angels for the rest of their lives. Cameron marries Mrs.USA and lives in a solid gold mansion with his pet dragon and he lived happily ever after. THE  END!