Why are you doing this | Teen Ink

Why are you doing this

Author's note:

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

Final, a world which many race exists. The lands are vast and stunning where many animals lived. Waterfalls exist in forests, yet beautiful to the touch. Waters are clean in some area; and some, polluted. Volcanoes are always erupting, wars are always beginning; many race ceased to exists. There are always fighting between the races. Fighting that leads nowhere, but death and suffering. The lands are always destroyed, and yet many fear their demise. The land is always free and safe but-

“Hey! Don’t let them get away!” the man said, “Kaito, shoot the bolt!”
“Roger!” Kaito said while casting Thoron.  
A horde of Impgoblins desperately tries to run away from the hunting party that is exterminating them. Suddenly, a huge bolt of lightning blasted through the horde, killing nearly all of the Impgoblins. Some of the Impgoblins escaped, but the hunting party knew that their mission was completed, but not quite. They got off their mount and loot whatever they found from the corpses.
“Looks like you burned most of the corpses Kaito,” said the leader of the hunting party.
“I apologize.” Kaito replied.

“It is alright Kaito. No need to apologize. We did get most of the mission done, right?” said one of the members.
The hunting party left the gory, blackened area. In the corner of Kaito’s eye, he saw one of the carcasses got up and scurried away. Silent he was, Kaito ignored the runaway and kept going. Night was visible and so are they perhaps. Out in the open area, the hunting party set up a camp to replenish their strength. Kaito was wide awake, but alerted at the same time. He made sure that the area was safe. “Daylight” shined on Kaito. He was then cautious. He unsheathes his blade and slowly walked towards the “light”. Suddenly-
“MYSTICAL FIELD!”
Kaito was suddenly caught in a field of space. He can still feel the ground but only saw what visible, space. Swiftly, a shadow appeared before him, standing still it was. Kaito raised his arm, and so did the shadow. Swiftly as he can, Kaito ran. He notices the shadow was imitating his move. Finally, a word was called out.
“Seems like you got nowhere to go, pretty boy,” announced the voice, “fight what you see and find out what will happen.”
He then replied, “This is manipulation magic. You think you can fool me, but you are fooling with yourself.”
The area cleared away like a fog vanishing from a city. Kaito looks around and see nothing but a mortal like figure before him.
“Who are you!? What your- UHHHHHAAAAAHHHH!”
The area cleared away back to its regular habitual area. Trees were now visible, Earth was felt
to the touch, and the morning scent smelled clean. Birds were chirping and rodents were heard running through the bushes; wind blew gently through the trees and dewdrops were slowly falling. Nothing but tranquility was heard. Peace flowed like a heartbeat, beating until peace is disturbed. Just then, the figure before Kaito spoke.
“Sheesh, why are you yelling for?” said the girl, “it is rude to yell in front of a woman.”
“Q- Question,” Kaito stuttered while covering his eyes, “why are you barely unclothed? It is so indecent for a woman to be that bare.”
“Oh this, sorry ha-ha.” the girl laughed, “Sorry I am not too armed and forgot to do so.”
Kaito looked at her looking dumbfounded and wondered why she is laughing and not attacking him- since she did put him in a magical field. The area around them was quiet except for laughing girl. “It is too quiet,” Kaito thought, “something here is wrong.”
“Were there supposed to be more people with her, or did she come here to eliminate me without knowing she doesn’t have single equipment on her?” Kaito thought dumbfounded.
“I don’t know what you are doing or who you are, but what do you want!”
“Nothing much, but I got lost and saw you and I was bored and I use Mystical Field on you and now it came to this and that is pretty much it.” the girl said.
Kaito again looked at her dumbfounded. He wondered if she was a demon or an idiot.
“At least she isn’t trying to kill me,” Kaito said whispering to himself.
Moments later, a huge explosion blasted behind Kaito. Trees were destroyed; smoke in the air. Animals fled from the fire. Kaito watched in shocked and suddenly, a flash of light struck his vision. Kaito’s sight blurred and then he fell unconscious.

A woman, around the age of 30, appeared in a cape carrying something. She is running away from something. A fire, since there is one. A mob? There is something in her arms. A bag, no a cloth maybe. The image seemed to be clearer. She is running with a baby. No don’t! Not there! The woman ran into trap. Bandits surrounded her but she managed to get away. The woman seems to be crying. She is covering her torso; blood, she is hurt. What is she doing? Do not leave your baby! You’ll die if you go there! Too late; an arrow pierced her heart. The woman falls down on the ground. Bandits ransacked and violated her body. It hurts to watch but I can’t do anything to stop it. The chaos has stopped, but the sky is still grey. A cry was heard. A cry of sadness perhaps or a cry of pain. My head hurts; my body aches. Stop this, it hurts. The baby, where is it. There you are little lost lamb. You will be safe. What I can’t pick him up, why? The image became distorted being like a black hole devouring everything in sight. The baby’s cry grew louder and louder until “he” heard a voice. “Mother, mOTher, motHER, MOTHER!”
“MOTHER!”
Kaito woke up. It was dark and there was nothing to be seen. Darkness was seen everywhere, not anything was visible but the darkness. There was no moon, no stars, no soil nor grass. Kaito stood up, but bumped his head on something.
“What, am I trapped? My sword, where’s my sword! Hey! Where am I!? Where are you taking me!? Who are you!? Let me out!”
“Oh, you’re awake now. Ok time to let you out.”
Light suddenly shined on Kaito. For awhile, the light hurts his eyes; but he soon got used to it. Kaito was in a room, a locked room to be precise. The room was cramped and the ceiling was
probably 5 foot from the ground. There was nothing on the walls, but a dull color to it. Kaito looked at the girl and said,
“Who are you?” Kaito said
“Oh you don’t remember me?” said the girl.
“Oh… You…” Kaito said.
“Do not say it so flatly!” yelled the Girl
“Fine, but did you locked the door?” Kaito said.
“Oh. I did ‘not’ put you in a ‘locked’ room but the door was right here in front of you all along.” she said proudly.
Kaito again looked at her at a dumbfound way. He knew she did lock the door but again, wonder why. Kaito wondered how was he was able to find the door if he was tied up and the room was dark.
“Question?” Kaito said
“Yes” she replied.
“Why am I tied up?”
“Oh! That! I forgot about tying you up ha-ha. Yeah, you were squirming around too much when you were unconscious. So I tied you up.” She said proudly.
“Ok, now untie-
“When you were unconscious, you were saying, ‘no please don’t. Don’t kill her.’ And then ‘MOTHER!’”
“It was so funny,” she said laughing, “I didn’t know you were a momma’s boy.”
Kaito face turned red and he wanted to die right there at that spot. He wanted to know if she is
torturing him or making fun of him. Kaito suddenly remembers the explosion.
“Hey weird girl! What happen to the place we were in! Who attacked us! Where is my party?” Kaito yelled.
“If I tell you, don’t get mad.” the girl said softly
“Why?” Kaito questioned.
“Because I killed them.”
Kaito became evoked in rage.
“Why did you kill them!? They have done nothing to you-
“They tried to kill you.” she said.
Kaito was in shocked. His heart collapsed from hearing the news. He didn’t believe it. As much as he didn’t want to, it was true. Kaito knew that explosion magic was the leader of the hunting party and the flash of light was one of the men also.
“I can’t believe it. Why?” Kaito said despondently, “Why?”

The girl let Kaito out of the room. As Kaito came out of the room, he smelled the sea. Wooden cottages were seen, children playing on the dirt, people laughing and having fun. Birds were heard singing, flowers were dancing and many animals were at peace. Not a chaos destroyed their peacefulness. Fishermen were at the dock, fishing what they found and sharing it to others. There were many races to be seen: Elves, Trolls, Mermen, Homs, Tanguels, Manaketes, and Ponpons. There were duels- friendly duel against other people. Even though they lost, they still held a smile. Kaito never had seen the peace that was in the people.
“Welcome to Heiwana Mura,” she said, “my birth town, I grew up here”

“Heiwana Mura… isn’t that a foreign name?” Kaito said.
“Yes,” She said, “err well; it was founded by the Mermen. They traveled from a foreign land and named it Heiwana Mura. It means ‘Peaceful Village.’”
“Weird. Usually most villages and towns are in chaos, but this village is peaceful.” He said.
She replied, “Well, this village was never touch by other people before. Before all the chaos started, the Emperor planned the attacks against all race because of some ‘getting rid of chaos’ thing.” 
“Wait. What do you mean the Emperor, the emperor of this world?” Kaito said.
“More like the evil tyrant of this world,” she said disgustedly, “he is the one that cause all this sufferings.” she said.
“Impossible, I work for him and I am one of his trusted bodyguards!” Kaito shouted.
Every person that was around him, looked at him. Some of them were in shocked and others in rage. Kaito was then tackled down. Kaito quickly got up and saw the Manaketes and Tanguels shape shifting. The Mermen was armed with their anchor, the Elves with their bow and arrows. The Ponpons ran due to their small sizes and cannot fight. Trolls armed with maces and hammers and swung at Kaito. Kaito swiftly dodge the attacks. He then heard arrow gliding towards him. One struck him by the arm. Mermen snarled at him and swung their anchors at Kaito. All of a sudden, a familiar fire magic blazed the houses. Thunder magic struck the land; Dark magic filled the village with darkness killing many citizens. Mobs ran for their lives; some fighting back. Kaito looked up and saw a quite familiar man.
“Validor!?” Kaito said confused
Kaito ran through the blazing streets of the perishing land. Women’s bodies lie on the blacken ground covered with blood, children crying and killed one by one. An explosion was set off near the
fighters. Many survivors fought for lives, not giving up even if they are weakened. Some accepted their fate and died terribly. Kaito final reached to the levitating man.
“VALIDOR!!!” Kaito shouted.
Validor turned to look at Kaito, “Oh Kaito, it has been a long time since I saw you. I thought were killed… BY MY MEN!!!”
“Wait, what is going on? What about your men? Why are you doing this? This land is was not in chaos! What do you mean killed by your men?” Kaito said confused.
“You should’ve died long time ago boy. You should not bother with our plans. Well, more like we don’t need you anymore. It seems like you don’t need to fulfill your goal.” Validor laughed.
“What do you mean we!?” Kaito said.
“Our loving Emperor.” Validor said sarcastically.
Kaito broke down, shocked he was when he heard that the one that was really causing the sufferings was the Emperor. He noticed that many of the races that were annihilated were caused by the Emperor’s men. Kaito finally said,
“Well then, I don’t need you.”
“WHAT!?”
Validor was then struck by an arrow of light. Then again and again. Validor fell to the blacken earth. His men then were also struck by the arrows. Some of Validor’s men retreated. The flames died down. Rain washed the blood away. The sea was red but slowly fading. Survivors mourned for their losses. Some were angry and blamed it at Kaito. In between Kaito’s eyes, was his guilt. Villagers tell him to get out of the village. They threw rocks at him, sticks, and even body parts of Validor’s men. Kaito turned away from the crowds and walked away. Tears falling from his cheeks, falling down like a
dew drop. Kaito went to his final destination- to kill the Emperor.   
“Hey.”
Kaito turns around and sees the girl.
“Thanks, for trying to protect my home.” she said.
Kaito nodded and left.
“Hey, I didn’t get your name.” she said.
“Kaito. Kaito Shika.”
“Well then my name is Luna. My name is really long so you may have a hard time saying it so call me Luna.” Luna said.
“Luna… I will remember it.” Kaito said walking away.
“Wait! Can I come with you?” Luna said.
“Do what you want.” Kaito said.
Luna smiled and walked beside Kaito. She tells him about random stories to cheer him up. Kaito showed a slight smile. They walked and walked. Going through dangerous and safest  routes to get there. They come across ruined villages and towns. Many burned to ashes with nothing left behind. Corpses left to rot on the earth. Kaito and Luna buried the corpses putting them to rest. Many of the lands are ruined. Not a green that shows life but death everywhere. Not a single life flutter. The world has no heartbeat. Just a sad long pause like time had stopped. There was no wind to blow, clouds were grey, and the sun never shined. No water flowed, not anymore, just a dry desert taking its place. Smoke was seen from across the hill. Kaito and Luna quickly ran up the hill. They saw the Emperor’s kingdom.
“Today my sword shall taste your blood, my lord.” Kaito said.

Kaito ran towards the kingdom. He then blasted the gate with Thoron. When Kaito saw what was inside, it was vile. The citizens were treated as slaves, houses were destroyed to the ground, dogs were beaten, and the town was in chaos. Guards ran towards Kaito armed with tomes and swords. Kaito forced his way in by letting no one stop him. Revenge blinded Kaito’s eyes. Even when injured, Kaito still kept charging at the enemy.
“DIVINE RADIANCE!”
A light awoke from the sleeping sky shone on enemy causing them to burn.
“KAITO GO!” Luna yelled, “I will take care of this.”
Kaito nodded and ran towards the palace. Busting doors as always, Kaito finally reached to the throne room. There the Emperor sits quietly, waiting patiently for Kaito.
“Kaito. Long time no se-
“SHUT YOU FILTHY MOUT!” Kaito yelled, “YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO TALK TO ME TYRANT!”
“Quite rude of you son. Quit being so stubborn and join Me.” said the Emperor.
“Son, son? HA! You got to be kidding me. Join you? I will NEVER join you.” Kaito exclaimed.
“Fine then. Suffer your FATE!!!”
The Emperor and Kaito fought all-out destroying everything around them. The building collapsed, but Kaito and the Emperor kept fighting. Magic flies throughout the battleground. The clash of the swords was heard throughout the land. No matter how much they fought, nothing was processing.

“Why? Why do you do this?” Kaito said while clashing.
“Because I want to.” The Emperor laughed.
“You don’t need to do this. All you need to do is let me sink my blade down your throat.” Kaito said.
“SHOOT!”
Kaito hit an opening through the Emperor’s torso which causes him to fall. Kaito raised his sword to the Emperor’s throat.
“Why do this?” Kaito said.
“Because- because-”
“WHY!”
“Because I never got something I wanted!” the Emperor finally said.
“What do you mean something you want? HUH!” Kaito said with rage.
“I wanted to have what most people have gotten.” the Emperor said.
“You have everything you need, your people, your land, your pride-
“Not a family,” the Emperor said, “before this world was created I was in a previous- well hundreds of previous world before, I didn’t have a family. I was alone and people didn’t tend to care for me. I got beat up many times by other people. They didn’t respect me no matter how much I respect them. So I fought back making everyone that messed with me bow before me. I made sure that they suffer what they have done to me.”
“Previous worlds? What are you?” Kaito said confused.
“I am God. I destroyed the world that I once lived in, and you do you know what it is called:
Earth. I manage to sneak to a secret facility and found something dangerous and boom. The world exploded like a balloon. Then I created my first world and made people suffer. Then another and another.”
“You are horrible.” Kaito said with disgust.
“Yes and I can do the same with this world!” the Emperor said.
“Why do this. You have this power and you can make it useful to fulfill what you need. You can create people right? What you create is your family. You are not alone. You have us. You can make it right again.” Kaito said while unsheathing his blade and reaching out his hand.
“Too late.” The Emperor smiled.
Kaito’s eyes grew wide. He knew it was it. The world was gone nothing left behind. The world Final doesn’t exist anymore. In a dark area, the Emperor wanders the space thinking what kind of world he should make next. He remembers what Kaito said to him, “you are not alone. You have us.” The Emperor felt a feeling he has never felt before.
“What is this feeling,” he said, “maybe I should try to-
The dark space suddenly became a galaxy. Jupiter, Uranus, Mars, Saturn, and all of the other planets were there. Earth was back to its original area. The sun shined brightly; then there was a voice.
“Kaiser,” the voice said, “why did you keep doing this?”
“Well I- uh
“You cause all this madness and you call yourself a god? You shall be punished.”
“Yes, I will accept my fate.” Kaiser said.
Kaiser was sent falling down back to his original time before he destroyed the world. “Back to my sufferings” he thought. Every day was terrible for Kaiser. He was no longer the Emperor anymore.
He has no more power to stop it. Everywhere he went people judge him but no one of them. A familiar kid walked up towards Kaiser.
“Hey you want to be friends.” said the boy
“Why do you care?” Kaiser said.
“Well it seems like you need someone to be your friend I guess,” Said the boy, “oh and my name is Kaito, and yours?”
Kaiser showed a smile and said, “Why?”