Home > Novel (Fiction) > Action-Adventure > The Creatures of Blackwood

The Creatures of Blackwood

The Creatures of Blackwood

“Gwen! You’re going to be late for school!”
I groaned, forcing myself to get out of bed and get dressed. School was the last thing on my mind. I was not looking forward to doing tests, staying up late doing homework, and getting targeted by Lillian Aide and her testy group of popular wannabes. I’d just have to deal with it, just like all the other years.
I headed downstairs, where my little brother Alex was playing Mario Kart on his Google Glass and eating cereal. Alex, superstar multitasker. And I couldn’t even read and listen to music at the same time without getting distracted.
He didn’t even glance at me as I sat down and fixed myself a bowl of fruity-o’s.
“Stupid Diddy Kong,” he muttered. “Did you have to run me over?”
I rolled my eyes. Typical Alex behavior.
“Alex! How many times have I told you not to wear your Glass while eating?! It could fall in your bowl and break!” Mom cried.
Mom ignored him and turned towards me.
“So, Gwen, are you ready for your first day of highschool?”
“C’mon, give me a little more enthusiasm!”
“Yay, first day of freshman year! Tests, homework, and strict teachers, just what I’ve always wanted!”
“Whatever. Do you want me to pack you guys lunch, or will you take school lunch?”
“Home lunch” we responded in unison.
And that was how the day started.
“Gwen!” Maddie Frederickson squealed as I hopped on the bus. “I’ve missed you so much!”
Maddie was one of those totally nerdy girls, “Fangirl”, as she called it. She was obsessed with shows like Doctor Who, Merlin, Sherlock, etc. She liked to give me a summary of every single episode that she had watched. This one happened to be Doctor Who.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Rising_Flames said...
Yeah so... I'm gonna need to know what happens next. This is AWESOME! I don't read many books like this but I love it!
enright34 said...
I think it's amazing it is like a famous book that's already written