Geeky Girl, Great Luck….I think. | Teen Ink

Geeky Girl, Great Luck….I think.

By Jasmin300 BRONZE, portland, Oregon
Jasmin300 BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

Author's note:

Realize that sometimes life get rought,but it wont kill you and actully makes you strong and luck is crazy. 

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

Jessica the most ugliest name for the most geeky and ugliest girl in the world. Yes, me from the southwest of Arizona  Starting my freshman year wearing nothing that matches and nothing that fits in to this difficult world we are in now. I was considered a non dressy type of person I would just wear whatever was in my closet, I was never that type of girl that would start getting ready 5 million hours before an event or school.  I would alway consider myself as the ugliest girl in the world, but if you were to ask my mom she would say I was crazy. Due to that reason my mom taught me that pretty people don’t need millions of wearing accessories or expensive clothes; you would shine because you’re pretty. Which made me laugh.
Walking down the street of 5th avenue high school was right around the corner Beal High School in huge fat letters. Of course on the way there I had a beautiful day dream that almost got me ran over by the most popular girls in school. There wasn’t  much to notice about them before you could tell what role they had in school. Missing my mother I prayed that she could make this day a better day than my morning; from up high she would look after me. I walked in the school expecting and getting exactly what I was scared of: looks and nasty looks. If only people could see that under me there’s a story. Even though kids and teens now a days just pretty much stay put to whatever happens to others and post every little thing about their lives on facebook I was kinda surprised they wouldn’t take  time to learn a little about the geeky girl Jessica, even though many of them took time to bully me they didn’t know anything about me.

When it came to lunch I was just sitting alone in the table closest to the trash trying to figure out exactly what I was eating and kids would just stare at me for being a loner. If only I could have a phone that can keep me busy or at least make me look like I'm texting like many girls do.
During seventh period I found the cutest guy in the world. I thought I was just day dreaming again but when I fell into a trash can that’s when I figured I wasn’t. Just like I said the most cutest guy had the most cutest laugh, but he was laughing at me. After all I had been through I just wanted to get out of school and hope that tomorrow would be a better day. At the end I was so tired and wondering why every first day of school something must happen to me. Every year after my mom passed aways and my dad stopped dropping me off at school, It kinda left me with no other option than to  walk or go on the old smell yellow bus. Which in that case the old smell bus would be my last option. I seem to get something coming right at me, of course like this morning.

Walking home I got honked at by this car that wasn’t my dad, but it was Adam the cute guy apologizing for what had happen during seventh period. Yeah I didn’t say anything but smiled and just kept walking. I couldn’t believe that Adam actually came up to me and apologized but also remembered who I was.  Of course that after what happen I was probably the most unforgettable girl and the story would never end. I mean I remember a few years back I think it was 6 grade year. Samantha this girl that back then was recently the most wanted girl. One day everything changed due to the staining of her dress when she started on her period.  Which I honestly didn’t see how it was funny, but according to the guys and her friends it was. I can just imagine how my story or end or never end.
When I got home my dad was home the most clean man and the most awesome dad my mom could have left me with.  Dad  asked me how school was I didn’t say anything about the story and the day dream ran over part but I said good. I went inside and jumped on my bed and wondered if Adam would prefer me geeky? What if I changed my style and become non geeky. Many times my dad has tried getting me to dress different but ever since my mom left I have become the most non dressed person. Was it the time for a change?Thinking and over thinking, I suddenly found that  dinner came and then time to brush my teeth and head to bed. I kissed my dad good night. Night came and I was still thinking about Adam. I mean Adam is the most wanted guy in the whole school and I’m honestly the most geeky girl in school can this actually happen to me. After I thought about it for like millions of years I suddenly decided to just let it go as it was and let it come as it comes.  I mean if so I have nothing to lose actually if I get Adam I have a lot to win. Mom was the person I really needed right now.

Morning came my alarm went off at 6:15am making me wish I had another hour to sleep. Soon I head to shower and actually snuck into my dad’s bedroom grabbing some of my mom’s makeup, making myself look like a freshman I grabbed my legging and long cardigan boots and headed to school on the way there again Adam popped up alone in his car asking if I needed a ride before it started raining even more. Of course I said no but he wouldn’t leave me alone till I said yes so there we were arriving to school and everyone would just stare like I'm something to eat or so. On the way there I guess Adam decided to bring up the accident of yesterday making me look at him and punch him like we were best friends. Adam had been talking and talking all the way until we got to school. He did say I looked beautiful today which made me feel so confident about my new look even though I still need a bit more work. Arriving to school I walked my way and he walked his way after asking me if I needed a ride after school to just wait by his car if he's not there. I smiled said thanks and left. Arriving to first classes of the day I had so much to do in math. Day went by fast I couldn’t believe that I was so close to the cutest guy in school but also my first day of freshman year was nothing like it was yesterday. I said thanks to mom, but I wish she was still here so I can know what to do in cases like this.  As this day went by and it was time to go home I kinda rushed myself out of school wishing Adam wouldn't want to take me home even though he told me as we both arrived her. He caught me trying to rush out and without saying much he said he was taking me home. As he was taking me home, he kept asking so many question about my life? Suddenly I was kinda thinking of how I got this attentions. As much as I wanted to ask him I kinda felt it wasn’t the right time. We arrived at my house my dad was there just staring are I got off the car. Adam shook my dads hand and then said he was dropping me off and would like to pick me up tomorrow morning. As I smiled confused and shocked and I blushed as well I never thought that this would be happening to me especially not freshman year. As Adam said bye and got in his car I waved and smiled. My dad wouldn’t stop staring at me and asking me where I met this guy. I answer it wasn’t a guy his names Adam didn’t he tell you. I’m guessing my dad was doing his job, but of course my dad was always so into his car fixing I never really had time to talk to him and also it was kinda awkward talking to my dad about this. As I promised I would be safe and that Adam was a good guy, He changed the subject and started talking about how he was sorry he never gave me much attention after my mom passed away, I hugged him and kissed my dad on the cheek telling him not to worry life was hard for both of us, and sadly we barely have time. Dad sometimes worked all morning and got home really late. As in for today he was home early. As dinner came we both cooked steak and green beans, and before we knew it, it was bedtime. We kissed each other goodnight and headed to bed. After millions and over thinking of what tomorrow could be I fell asleep.

Alarm woke me up in the morning got ready and before I knew it Adam was outside waiting for me. Arriving to school was a bit different didn’t feel so different anymore I think being with Adam was helping me a lot. As Adam opened the door for me he told me not to rush out after school he was taking my home and maybe if I let him he will take me out for dinner. As my Class started I was thinking about my style and if I should change it. Adam likes me geeky tho, the non dressy person that who Adam met. As the day went by I ran into Adam during lunch I guess I asked him about my clothes and he did answer, but he said he didn’t care it was up to of course I kinda realized he was with his friends and didn’t want to talk to me much, or at least that’s how I felt. After school this time I did run out and I didn’t want to talk to him at all. I was upset maybe I should change so he's not embarrassed to be around me. As I ran and walked home I saw Adam pulling up behind me, great all I needed. As he shouted Jessica what’s wrong? I answered with a really why are you even talking to me if you're embarrassed being around me in school. As Adam tried calming me down and telling me he had to practice during lunch time to get out of practice after school so he can take me home and then be free for dinner with me, I kinda smiled and then I asked what he wanted? why was he all the sudden close to trying to get close to me. As I realized that me and Adam were in the middle oF Clear Street. He told me he had not bad intentions and that he was falling for me. Of course I was hard to believe , but he was couple years older than me. As he hugged me and asked if he can take me home. I had to say yes he pretty much just told me his feeling and if I pay him back with walking home he would feel horrible. As we arrived home He asked me if I could please go to dinner with him. I realized that at this point I was the one being begged for. He was into so me I can hurt him. I said yes, Adam answered with I’ll be here at 7pm. I was like so I have 3 hours to get ready, Adam smiled. He drove away and I ran inside. Called my dad for permission and dad said yea but be home no later than 10pm.

I got a skirt mom got me a long time ago it was one of those skirt that are really tight you can barely breath in it, Well I think I’ve actually never wore one. I curled my hair having loss curlies. As I put on my shirt, Adam knocked. I ran down fast but slow because I had heels. So I opened the door and Adam was there and he looked at me like surprised and happy. Adam didn’t say anything so I felt like made he was surprised because he didn’t like it. As I asked is it to weird that I'm wearing this he said no it was fine that I looked so beautiful. I locked the door and got in the car. We arrived at the restaurant after a few hours and minutes. Adam asked so many questions again. Asking me out I felt like I wanted to say yes but also no I was scared of doing something that wasn’t right, Having a boyfriend at such a young age. I told my mom to help me and then I said yes.  According to my heart I did the right thing. After a few hours it was 9:30  told him it was time to hid out and take me home. As we drove home he keep saying thanks for having dinner with him and how he was so happy that he had the more geeky beautiful girlfriend every. As we arrived at my house he opened the door and hugged goodbye. Adam shouted that he would pick me up tomorrow morning for school with a I love you as the end my night ended. As I headed to bed my dad wasn’t home yet. I thanked my mom and told her to help me in every situation that came across. I ended up going to bed and waking up the next morning. Wearing my high waisted skirt with a shirt tucked in and my flats with my hair curled, As I walked down stairs to my driveway I waited for Adam to come. I waited and waited there it was 5 minutes before I would be marked tardy or absent. As Adam never got here I got upset walking to school, Adams car wasn’t parked there. How was Adam not here I panicked. I walked in school and I was marked late as I arrived late I was upset waiting for Adam to get here or hear from him. After classes it I was heading to lunch and looking everywhere for Adam. As I asked his friends they looked down and told me Adam had a car accident last time. They told me that after he was dropping me off and at the curve of 7th clear street he crashed into another car his in serious condition at the hospital. As tears came out and I ran out trying to figure out what to do I got on the max that would take me straight to the hospital, I couldn’t stop crying I felt so incomplete and heart broken I prayed my mom the Adam would come out fine and that she wouldn’t take him with her please.

As I arrived to the hospital with millions of tears coming out, I asked for Adam Real I waited for the information. 12 floor room 13 I left like it would take forever to get up there and I ran as fast as I could. getting to the elevator I  crying I ran to room 13 and I opened the door. Adam was there in the bed with tubes and connection everywhere. His family asked if I was Jessica Belm I said yes, I'm so sorry about this I didn’t know it was going to happen, It’s my fault. As Mrs. Real said no honey don’t blame yourself Adam will be fine we all have faith. I got close to his bed and prayed Adam t please wake up from me and his family to be strong. As days went by and months went by. It was winter break Christmas was around the corner I begged my mom to help me stay strong and to give us Adam back. A snowy day came across and I stayed all night with Adam’s family at the hospital and it was a day before Christmas Eve.

I went up to Adam hosptial bed telling him to wake up to please wake up to take me to school and dinner together. I will never rush out of school without him again to please wake up. On Christmas day which was the next morning I told my dad I will go see Adam in the morning and be home by 2pm to have dinner with my dad and are family, as soon as could I called Adam’s parents to know what was going on later today and to tell me if there was any improvement with Adam during the night. Mrs. Real told there was no improvement in Adam, which made my heart feel even more broken I couldn’t believe that during my Freshman year and Adam’s Junior year we were both suffering so much. After over thinking about this and getting ready and back into my leggings, long cardigan and boots, having the warm and hot air blowing my long brunette hair back, I got in the max and headed to the hospital. When I arrived at the hospital everything seem so quite of course it was Christmas, but were all the patient gone or where they all in their cold rooms alone. I walked to the elevator waiting for it to get to floor 12, then all the suddenly it popped open and  I walked and walked I saw room 13 I felt like breaking down into tears. I couldn’t believe that just a couple months me and Adam became friends and then dinner more then friends and then all the suddenly god took away Adam from me like he was nothing to me. As I made my a few steps to open the room I saw Adam there sleeping, a nap that has been for a few months now. As I set my bag on the rocking chair I made my way to Adam’s bed and praying and holding his hand I cried telling him to wake up not to leave me like my mom did. Begging Adam to open his eye’s the nap time was over, that it was Christmas and his family and I needed him here. As I sat on his bed holding his hand and telling mom to give me back the person that brought joy to my life. As I cleaned my tears and I got up I felt like all the sudden I wasn’t alone in the room. When I hugged him goodbye and told I would be here tomorrow morning first thing,

I felt like I couldn’t separate myself from him, like if Adam was hugging me back really tight and I couldn’t go. As I tried getting up Adam said don’t go and mumbled. It took me a while to understand and think about it. I was so happy I couldn’t believe he heard my telling him to get up  I was shocked I couldn’t believe this as I told him to wait I ran to get a nurse. As me and the nurse arrived running Adam was opening his eyes and trying to move, but was to weak. The nurse told me to wait outside and the doctor would come in. As I called Mrs and Mr. Real telling them that Adam has been moving and trying to communicate, they couldn’t believe It, seemed like Mrs and Mr. Real got here in a close of eyes.  I called dad letting him know what happened, he told me that it was fine but had to be home before 6pm. As we waited in the waiting room for test and exam to be done on Adam. I became more and more worried. Mrs. Real told me it took time to be strong. As we saw Adam’s doctor come out we all ran up to him waiting for him to tell us that Adam was in great condition Doctor told us that Adam’s cases was strange that it was all based on good luck and having faith all along. He told us that Adam was being transfer to a recovery room in floor 7 and that he was going to be kept at the hospital for at least 2-3 days. As we all hugged each other, I then thanked my mom. Mrs and Mr Real were asking and telling me how and what did I do to bring their kid back to life. I told him it was my mom, prayers and faith, Mrs Real told me to keep all along. As we all walked to the elevator taking us to 7th floor.As we all walked in room 4 and waitng to see Adam with his big smile and of course Adam was waiting for us. He asked to see his mom and I first, we got close and he told his mom he was sorry. As his mom hugged him and cried. Adam then turned to me telling him to please apologize for never arriving that one day to take me to school, As I smiled and told him not to worry. Adam smiled and pulled me to him. I looked at Adam and then his mom I kinda felt weird but Mrs. Real just smiled at both and hugged us both. I told him I thought I was going to lose him. As I let him see his sibling and dad. I told him I had to head home for Christmas dinner, but I would be here tomorrow morning first thing, Adam smiled and hugged me and kissed me on the cheek and said to before on the way home. I hugged him goodbye and I closed the door behind me and walked to max.

I arrived home at 5:30 with a big smile on my face. Dad walked up and asked me all about it. On the way to our  family dinner was great but I was so tired and ready for bed. Dad kissed me goodnight and we both headed to bed, I guess there wasn’t much of a relationship between me and my dad. It was working,dinner and a bit of social time which sucked so much. As I kept over thinking like every night I had two important things Adam and his magic waking up from his 3 month nap, my dad and re non social and non spending life that I bet mom hates. As I fell asleep, waking up to my 7a alarm i jumped out of bed, into the shower and dressed up nice enough to see Adam. I walked to the max and arrived that the hospital when I arrived at Adam’s room knocked and opened the door. Adam was shirtless and I never seen him that way, I guess he was getting ready to go home. As I turned around and said sorry, Adam slipt his shirt on and then walked up to me and hugged. He told me he was ready to go home of course his parents didn’t know though, he said it was something about arriving and surprising his family. I guess I was into it too,but what if he parent come and freak out because he's not in his room or the hospital. I was happy as he signed some paper and we headed to the max, spended a lot of time telling what he missed but according to Adam he was just interested in staring at me and my eye’s. As we arrived at his house, Adam was starving and we both cooked of course it was pretty much an experiment for both of us, but it was fun. As we both sat in the living room I thank god and my mom for listening to my prayer and having his great guy next to me, Of course I was 2 years younger than him but it felt like all this has already made us both into something that most young teenaer would want. I was kinda thinking of what I said back when freshman year started which I almost got ran over, Which I thought I was ugly and my name was horrible. I Jessica feel happy of what freshman year has brought me. Now arriving at school down 5th avenue seeing the huge letter that say Beal High School feels way better sitting on the car sit of Adam’s car was the best, not only the car and that I had a great boyfriend but I also left like this school year will be a great year.