Take down: part 1 | Teen Ink

Take down: part 1

April 2, 2014
By Djhurst BRONZE, oxford, Alabama
More by this author
Djhurst BRONZE, Oxford, Alabama
2 articles 2 photos 7 comments

Author's note: this is just the first part of take down the second one will be coming soon

“Come on Zach we got to go.” I tried to pull the soldier that was stuck in a burning armored car “I can’t leave him Sandler.” “He’s a goner.” He was right there was nothing I could do for him so I put on my mask and led my team through the city. “Remember we are here for one man and one man only Hernandez…lets move out demon squad.” We had standard issue SC 2010 assault rifles. (You might remember me from my last entry) my brother Sam retired from the Ghost squad he wants to live a normal life. “Get to the parking garage Sandler and give us some high ground support.” I slid over to a sand bag and threw a grenade at where the NAGA soldiers where. (NAGA is terrorists groups that attacked the United States a couple months after the ghost squadron shut down the capital.) “Nuke take out those launchers with an RPG.” I have had powers since I was ten years old like teleportation and see things before they happen and I can now adapt to my surroundings but I don’t like to use them because it makes everything seem too easy and I don’t like easy. “Hold that thought Nuke…I’ll take care of it myself.” I ran over to the launcher shooting down NAGA troops who got in my way. I climbed up the ladder on the side of the launcher I opened the top where the troops enter from then one of the troops came at me with a knife a grabbed his wrist and slammed it on the launcher top and knifed him. I dropped a grenade down inside the launcher. “Clear the area.” I ran behind a truck and waited for the grenade to go off. “Hey Zach you got another launcher about fifty yards up ahead.” “Copy that Sandler…move to the building next from the garage and take Mickey.” I grabbed Mickey and teleported him up to the Sandler. “Stay with Sandler and only bite the bad guys Mickey.” I rubbed Mickey on the head and teleported down to where the battle was happening. “Good for you to show up Zach.” “Yea I know you missed me. All right I’m going for the last launcher cover me.” I ran as fast as I could to the launcher because I knew I only had a couple seconds before it launched. It launched the shot knocked me back. The rocket had hit the dam. “Come on Zach we got to go.” We ran around the corner to see where could be safe from the flood. “Crap.” “In here.” I shot the lock on the door and broke down the door. The place was flooding fast we swam through the building once we got to stairs I made sure everyone was here “Hey where’s the new kid?” “I’m right here sir. And my names Dan.” “Permission to speak freely sir?” “Granted.” “What the heck are we doing here this is insane. I think we should call off the mission.” “No. We are demon squad and we finish the mission no matter what. Sandler where’s Hernandez?” “He’s two building ahead of you.” “Copy that.” We went up the stairs to where to the roof exit was. “Three tangos. Sandler we’ll go loud on your go.” Sandler took a shot at the troop that was behind the one helping someone up. I kicked the door down and shot the troop in trouble and Nuke shot the one who was helping the one I shot. “Clear. Move out and don’t stop running.” We ran across the top of the first building shooting any troops who go in our way. When we got to building that Hernandez was on his helicopter was taking off “Come on we got jump Nuke.” Nuke and I ran at full speed and jumped in the helicopter. “I shot the two guards that were next to him and ran at Hernandez with my knife that Sam gave to me and he stabbed me in the arm. “Ahhh. God.” He pointed his gun at me. And all of a sudden Nuke tackled Hernandez so that he could drop his gun. I pulled out my magnum “Your really going to shot your brother?” “Nope I’m going to shot you.” I dropped the gun and threw Sam’s knife at Hernandez’s head. “Would you really have shot me Zach?” “Maybe.” We landed the helicopter to get the rest of the team. “Good job Commander Curtis.” Thanks John.” I talked with John so we could catch up then a rocket had hit the helicopter “Sam help.” The chopper had been cut in half. John and I started to slide down I grabbed a wire and caught myself I grabbed John and tried to help him up “Zach we got to much weight you need to let him.” “Zach.” “I’m sorry John.” I let him go and parachuted out of the chopper.

After we parachuted out of the chopper I radioed for a pick up and a drop off at HQ “How did the mission go little brother?” “Fine. We lost John.” “Its goanna be ok Zach.” “I know but….” Then an explosion accrued “NAGA troops! Were under attack.” “Where are Riggs and Jake?” “I think there in the armory.” “I’ll take Nuke and Mickey to go get Riggs and Jake.” “Ok. Be carful Zach.” “When am I ever careful?” I ran through the base looking for Riggs and Jake. When I got to the armory they weren’t there “Griffon ten do you copy? Where is your location?” “Copy titan 5 we are located outside.” “Copy that were headed your way. Nuke gear up.” I grabbed an AK-12 assault rifle and tossed an FP6 shot gun to Nuke. I started to see someone hit me I turned around a stopped his arm. “What the.” My arm started to have to turn metal. I hit the NAGA troop “Lets move I grabbed Nuke and Mickey and teleported to Riggs location. “What took you so long?” “You know the teleporting thing has traffic. Oh yea I can do this.” I absorbed the gunmetal and my body turned into metal. They just looked at me for a second and then went back to shooting. I shot any troop I could get. “RPG. Mickey sick ‘em.” Mickey ran straight at the RPG troop and bit his head. “Good boy. Nuke your up.” “Finally.” He grabbed a rocket launcher and shot it at a group of NAGA troops. “They’re falling back.” Cheers went everywhere. “Good job Nuke.” “Thanks man. Not to bad yourself. Lets go home.”

When we got the base cleaned up Nuke and I went home the chopper dropped us off near a parking garage where my car was “So how’s your sister Nuke?” “Why do you ask? You thinking about asking her out?” “No. Its just you know she’s not the same since the capital was toke down.” “Yea your right. How’s Haley?” “She’s good.” Haley has had me train her to fight shoot and be a ghost and join my squad I dropped Nuke off at his apartment “See you later Nuke.” “See you Zach.” Haley has also been getting some power of her own like having the ability to shoot ice and fly. I got this power to shot lightning and drain power from anything that has electricity. I can do all sorts of things like throw electric grenades and combine my powers with Haley’s I was driving on the road then a police car came by and pulled me over. “Dang. Don’t you have anything else better to do than bug me?” “License and registration please.” I got out my wallet and showed him my drivers license “your twenty-one? You don’t look twenty-one.” “Well I am. So bye.” I drove off to my apartment when I got there I put my gear in my bag I got out of my car and walked through the door “Hey Cole.” “Hey Zach.” I threw Riley a bone. Riley is Cole’s dog he was German Shepard lab mix. I teleported inside my room I sensed something wrong suddenly Haley dropped down from my roof she came at me with a punch I blocked and flipped her over “got you sis.” I pointed my electric hand at her “Really. Look down.” She had a knife pointing at my gut “I hate it when you do that.” I got up on my feet and helped her up. “Zach I want to join the demon squadron.” “Haley I want you on the team too but. “But nothing Sam let you join when you where my age.” “You didn’t let me finish. But I have to give you your face paint and teach you how to apply it.” I slid her a magnum revolver and handed her face paint “We got a mission in two days and we need to get you some gear and I think I might know a place.” “Race you to car on the roof tops. I teleported the car to a parking garage and waited on Haley to get here I feel asleep then I felt something hit me. “Cheater.” “Never said anything about teleporting to the parking garage.” We drove to the base and got out of the car. When we walked into the base everyone was staring at Haley she looked nervous “Don’t worry same thing happened to me the first time I walked in here. You can’t show them your scared.” After I told her that she had a look of determination. We walked down to the armory “Hey Uncle Riggs.” “Hey kiddo. You’ve gotten so big. I thought I told you not to grow up.” Riggs gave Haley a hug “So what brings you by Zach?” “Haley is joining the demon squad. And she needs a load out.” “Are you sure you can handle a gun?” she automatically pulled his pistol out of his holster and pointed it at him. “She’s good.”

We pulled up into the parking lot I walked through the door and Cole was knocked out. I helped him get up on his feet “Haley come with me.” I pulled out my 45-colt pistol and walked upstairs “On my count. Three, two, one go.” We kicked down the door and no one was there. “Clear.” I put my gun back in the holster. I walked around and saw John’s Ghost mask hung up on the wall. “It’s not possible. Haley looks like your going to get that first mission a lot sooner. I pulled out my phone and called Nuke, Sandler, Danny, “Guys Johns alive. Nuke I want you to find someone who knows where he sleeps and figure out their location. Dan and Sandler get some gear and that will be good for a mission that is silent.” “I got someone Zach. His name is Tomas Walker.” “Good. We leave for New Zealand.” When we got on the plane I had a weird feeling that we were being followed. The man looked shady and had a build like mine. “Haley you and Nuke go the to base I got to do something.” I led the man away from the team. I walked down and ally and took his hood off and pointed my pistol at him “Got you.” “Look down.” I looked down and he had a knife pointed at my abdomen “Cole. What are you doing here?” “Helping.” I drove him to the airport and dropped him off “I don’t need your help.” The plan was that Haley and Nuke were with me. Danny and Sandler would give us sniper cover. While I take my squad to hack into the electrical system and shut down the lights and we would take out anybody that got in our way to Walker. “What’s our load out Sandler?” “You will have a standard issue honey badger custom with suppressor and what ever else you choose as your secondary. Flash bangs concussion grenades.” “Good. You all know the plan lets go get this guy.” We waited till it was dark out to move to our position. “Titan 12 are you in position?” “10-4 Viking 6. The helicopter should be landing now.” “Copy that Titan. Scanning the target.” I used the facial scanner to confirm the target. “It’s a match. Were moving in. fire cables and hook up.” We zip lined to the building and dropped onto the side of the building “I got two tangos a floor below us. Haley on your shot.” She took out both troops. We cut the glass so we could get in. “Haley your with me. Nuke go shut down the elevators. The power links should be around the corner.” We ran around the corner to the power links and plugged in the virus uplink into the power source. “I here someone coming.” “Either finish the download or hide. And don’t shoot them Haley.” We hid in the corners and let them pass one man stopped and looked at Haley. I went up behind him and stabbed him in the back and covered his mouth and pulled him into the corner. “On your mark kill the lights.” Haley turned off the lights. We made our way down stairs shooting anybody who got in our way “Were is Walker Nuke?” “I got him. Lets get out of here. “Titan 12 we need immediate evac right now.” “Were on our way Viking 6.” The chopper had hovered next to the window where we were pinned down at I shot the glass and threw Walker into the back of the chopper. He tried to jump out the back I leaped out of the building and tackled Walker and pointed my gun at him. “I wouldn’t do that again if I were you. I pressed a button in the chopper and I pulled up a gatling gun I pulled the trigger and bullets went flying everywhere “Get in the chopper.” Nuke and Haley hurled themselves onto the chopper and we took off “Dan get us out of here.” “I can Zach. Not until you take out some more tangos.” He screamed as loud as he could so I could hear what he was saying. I threw one of my electric grenades in the building and it took out all of the men it even caused a chain reaction on to anything that had electricity. “Are we good now Dan?” “Yea. We’re good.”

We landed the chopper and got Walker out “you call this a base my place was a real base.” He said that just to get under my skin. “SHUT IT. NOW GET MOVING.” “I got five minutes with this guy Zach.” I knew Nuke wanted to interrogate this guy so bad. He was a master interrogator but I wanted this one. “Next time buddy its my time to shine.” I walked inside the interrogation room. There was a bunch of things there I could think to do this guy “Where’s John?” “I ain’t telling you squat.” “I was hoping you say that.” I picked him up and threw him at the wall. He came right at me. I bent over and lifted him up in the air and through the table. After about seven minutes I got him to talk and destroyed another interrogation room. “Now I’m going to ask you again where’s John?” “Cuba. He’s in Cuba.” “Now that wasn’t so hard now was it?” I walked out of the room and left him lying there. “Where we headed Zach? “Haley were headed to the place where you have always wanted to go. Cuba go gear up.”

“Remember squad we are here for one man at that is John do not kill him we take him alive. You all know the plan so lets get that takedown.” We were dropped off in the middle of town square something didn’t feel right it was quiet too quiet then I sensed something a motor shot. “GET TO COVER NOW!” An explosion hit the ground then NAGA troops came charging out from behind the smoke. We were outnumbered two to one and I liked those odds. We were shooting as many enemy troops as possible then the tank happened “Nuke we got a tank in coming.” He had a smirk on his face. He dropped all his gear and ran up to the tank and stood there. “Nuke what are you doing?” then he crouched down and a circle of smoke was around him then he shot up and split into three things of smoke in the air the he was facing up right with a smirk then he came shooting down in a missile of smoke and exploded the tank was gone. “How did you… but you… oh never mind. Lets move.” We walked through the city ready for anything. “Titan 7. John is in the city hall mayor’s office.” “Copy that roadrunner. Sandler cover the back, Dan cover the front. Nuke and Haley with me rest of you cover the building.” I kicked the door open. We searched the building for the mayor’s office “John is just beyond those doors.” Haley had said that with sound of determination. “Get ready to breech.” I kicked the door down “Hey Zach how’s your brother.” John didn’t seem to think he was captured. “Shut it John.” I walked up to him gave him a right hook across his jaw. Then I picked him up and threw him out the window. “Target is captured. Ready for evac roadrunner.” Something didn’t feel right about what went down John was laughing after I gave that order. Nuke walked over to John and stomped on his gut. “SHUT IT TRAITOR.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.