Fire Mage | Teen Ink

Fire Mage

By firelife, Kissimmee, Florida
firelife, Kissimmee, Florida

Some things arrive on their own mysterious hour, on their own terms and not yours, to be seized or relinquished forever.
-Gail

Author's note: this came to me when i was bored LOL hope you enjoy

Sitting down at the kitchen table I was curious to what was going on. Everything seemed normal, the house was just as spotless as usual, mom wore he usual casual clothes and nothing new was apparently obvious around me, yet my mother’s face had a look of seriousness. A rare look for my mother to show as between her and my father she was the fun, outgoing, adventurous type. While he was the concerned, conservative type except of course when it came to showing off… which was a trait that was big in both of us.

“Jamie, I need you to listen very carefully to what I’m about to say” she asked as I looked up at her, my thoughts flicking between why she pulled me out of school and what I might have done to upset her. It wasn’t even for the day, I overheard the principle talking to one of my teachers saying that I was a good student and it was a shame I was being homeschooled.

“You are no ordinary boy Jamie; we are all very special, including your father and I”

“You see in two years around your fourteenth birthday you’re going to have to endure a thing called Status” she said while my eyebrows dipping inwards my eyes staring at her with a confused look plastered all over my face.

“You see, were not normal people, we’re mages. Your father and I went through it and when your fourteen you will go through status and you too will become a mage” mom said quickly and boldly while I just sat there. “Cool, will I be able to shoot fireballs and have laser vision. Oh, oh, will I be able to fly” I spouted quickly thinking through everything I wished I could do.

“That depends on how powerful you are, you see Status is a very painful experience but the longer you endure it the stronger you will be” mom said as I nodded, slightly worried but still excited.

“You see, everybody has a similar brain, we all have that original 10% that we control which accounts for body controls and functions but while normal humans just have 10% of their brain being used and the other 90% as wasted spaces” she said before taking a breath her pauses long as she was trying to figure out how to word it correctly.

“We, have a special part of the brain. Only 1% at birth but during Status it grows, filling up the empty space” mom said hopefully causing me to get scared “What if my brain explodes” I said panicking causing her to laugh. “No dear. Ok, I’m going to be completely honest with you and it’s going to sound weird but go with it, Ok” mom replied with a new determined look on her face while I nodded calmer now, knowing that my brain wasn’t going to explode.

“Anyway, there are some things you need to know about being a mage as it’s not all like harry potter. Though yes you will have a wand, go to a mage school and have to wear a robe” mom laughed while my mind was still daydreaming about doing magic and having a wand.

“So how come I’ve never seen you do magic” I asked rather accusingly as mom chuckled “Because I didn’t use any around you, only now do I think your grown up enough to handle this knowledge” mom said feeding my ego greatly.

“There are four different classes in the mage world; each class can control a different element: fire, water, earth and air. If you’re powerful enough you won’t even need a wand to control this as you could do it just with your mind”.

“Then you have your Talents: Energy, Life, Animals, Electricity and Necromancy” she said as I listened, enthralled by her every word.

“Your element and Talents can be controlled by your mind alone if your powerful enough but normal magic will always have to be done through a wand as the wand is like a funnel, we push out a spell and the wand focuses giving it direction.” She explained to me as I just stared at her fascinated.

“This is a great life to have, and a mages life will always be full of adventure and fun but I must warn you Status is going to hurt, not like a grazed knee or a paper cut, it’s going to be worse than breaking bones” mom said her serious face back up as I instantly lost my smile.

“So what do I do?” I asked nervously while we both sat there. “I am going to be pulling you out of school for good; I’ll teach you all about the mage world and about magic to give you a head start in your new school” she said before getting up leaving to do her normal household jobs while I just sat there thinking about everything she had said, about the pain but also the adventures and powers.

One year later and my thirteenth birthday came and went; every day was more and more nerve wracking. As bad as it sounded I couldn’t wait to be in agony. Mom had taught me everything she knew but I had no idea what sort of mage I would turn out to be and she only knew about her own element and talents being Water and Animals.

My mom had told me a few things: 1st during status I would have to endure 12 spikes (she told me they felt like the worst headache I’ve ever had times 20). 2nd during the spikes I would have to keep my eyes closed so the only thing I could focus on was the pain, if I were to open my eyes my status would stop and whatever amount of spikes I had would determine how powerful I was. 3rd if I managed to survive the spikes without opening my eyes I would then be subject to the burning sun. She told me that if felt as if the sun was slowly settling into my brain digging deeper and deeper as the burning spread throughout my head. The burning sun would continue until I opened my eyes growing in intensity with every passing minute. With every passing minute I would grow stronger until it just got too hot to bear and I would be forced to open my eyes.

A week before my fourteenth birthday I got to thinking about the pain, doubt rising in my mind about whether being a mage was worth the pain but after a quick talk with mom and dad I found that the pain was only a one off and the powers would last a lifetime.

I had learnt a lot about the mage world, how it ran on power. The more powerful you were the more respect you got; and those who are weak are cast aside and forgotten about. Though my parents were considered average in power, we had very little input in the mage world which really bothered me. I felt like my family was outcasts, mages living in the human world because they weren’t powerful enough to be accepted in the mage world. This little nugget of truth spurred on my training, in secret I beat myself, dulling nerves and increasing my pain tolerance as if I was going to become a mage I was going to make my family proud and be a powerful mage.

*****

“Lights out Jamie” my mom shouted up the stairs as I climbed into bed trying to get a good night sleep on the night of my 14th birthday, my body instantly wanting sleep to hasten the recovery of its recent beatings.

Lying there for about twenty minutes tossing and turning I simply couldn’t get to sleep, a headache spurring on I figured I was too pumped up on adrenaline- waiting for the pain to hit … expecting it really- but no I was tired, exhausted in fact but I just couldn’t settle.

Feeling the head ache grow in pain I was surprise when it hit me, completely out of the blue and deep in my brain.... my first spike.

Thinking back to my lessons I knew that I would have to endure 12 spikes as my brain power grew. Twelve spikes was all it took to go from 10% usage to 100%, if you had endured all twelve your status would change and you would then have to endure a phase known as ‘The Burning Sun’ no spikes but a heat so intense it could easily melt stone. It was apparently so rare to even reach that phase that its very existence caused controversy; many mages believe it was your 90% mage brain trying to burn through into the 10% used part of the brain which would result in death while others and my parents believed that it was the 90% mage brain becoming more compact.

However just like I was lead to believe the first spike was painful. Nothing like a needle poking my brain or a punch to the face, this was like a bolt of lightning hitting my head. Keeping my eyes firmly tight I reached down the side of the bed and pulled out a mouth guard that I put there just in case the pain was as bad as everyone had told me, my gritting teeth already joining the pain that surged through my head.

The first spike was unbearable and knowing there were 11 more was terrifying. Quickly reaching again under my bed again I pulled out a roll of duct tape, strong industrial styled tape which I quickly wrapped over my eyes and around my head half a dozen times. The result was fantastic, even while relaxing my eyelids my eyes remained firmly shut allowing me to focus on enduring the pain and not keeping my eyes closed.

As the second spike hit me I was starting to wonder if the pain was increasing, my mind truly in agony as these spikes weren’t seconds apart but a good five minutes and after the spike hit its energy rippled around my brain triggering every nerves and making it feel like my brain was on fire.

For 40 minutes I managed to endure the spikes, my mind no longer having to worry about keeping my eyes closed as I just focused on enduring and surviving. The pain so intense I was having doubts I would live to see morning, the amount of pain I was in should have put anybody in a coma, I was being struck by lightning for Christ sake, humans rarely even live after an experience like that and I had another 4 spikes to go.

I felt proud passing spike number 7, I was now technically more powerful than both my parents but it wasn’t enough for me, I needed more power if I was to ever be considered great in the mage world, also if I was powerful I could easily pay for a home for my mom and dad, let them retire early.

After another 20minutes of agony I felt the pain cease, the aftershocks from each spike vanishing as I figured I had survived all 12 spikes. Phew. Slumping down in my bed I was surprised that I actually managed to endure all twelve spikes in silence, the occasional groan into my pillow muffled though I was unheard by my parents downstairs talking while the TV was on.

The Burning sun took me a bit by surprise, it felt like an itch at the back of my head but it quickly grew, the itch turning into an ache as it soon spread to the entirety of my brain. With every passing minute the pain increased, like my brain was building in pressure as more and more power was being created and crammed into my already full skull.

Feeling it get to me I yelled out in pain. The gradually increasing pain was worse than the spikes, the spikes you just had to expect it and endure it but this was harder, the pain was turning from pressure to heat getting hotter and hotter as time went by and by about the 5 minute mark I felt like I had been scolded on the inside of my skull.

Hearing my cry of pain, both my parents rushed into my room, surprised to find me under the cover with my head buried in a pillow and my arms holding down another pillow over my head. My body writhing in pain as I did everything to get control over the pain, I kicked walls to redirect the pain sources. I tried taking deep breaths and trying to calm myself down but neither worked.

As an eternity of agony flew through me I was surprised to find it ending. “Did I endure everything?” I wondered to myself, my answer following rather rapidly as The Burning Sun returned. Deciding not to build up this time it started on full whack burning me just as painfully as it finished before. To describe the pain was hard, I was trying to take my mind off the pain but it was the only topic in my mind, there wasn’t anything like it, the only description close was that it was like somebody taking off the top of your skull and pouring liquid hot magma inside, the heat burning you to the very core.

After about 20seconds of the new burning Sun I was shocked to be hit with another spike. “Spikes and the burning sun combined!” I thought to myself, my thoughts the only thing I could create as I body was just in anguish, rolling around kicking and flailing around, my parents unable to get close while I just screamed my agony into my pillow.

“How many spikes you had Hun?” Mom asked nervously getting an opportunity to talk during a long breath between screams. “6” I replied hastily only counting the new spikes as my brain couldn’t even remember the original twelve. Too much pain had gone through me in the time between the twelfth and the thirteenth spike, my memories only able to relive the present as it was emotionally breaking to live pain and re-live it at the same time.

“Go on son, you can do it” Dad said proudly giving me his input as it spurred on my desire to endure. Gritting my teeth on the mouth guard I breathed heavily and deeply trying to get as much oxygen in as I could, my head coming visible from the pillows causing my parents to gasp. “Jamie, is that tape?” Mom said shocked while I just screamed out in pain silencing her.

“Get to about 8 Jamie and you can stop, we’re proud of you no matter how strong you are” Dad said firmly as I felt him reach for the tape to pull it off, my body diving back down into the bed, my hands quickly pulling the pillow over my face to stop their efforts to end my torture.

The pain and the heat was taking its toll on me, sweat pouring from every pore causing my hair to look like I had just left the shower while the tape around my eyes was starting to loosen, my sweat counteracting the adhesive.

Feeling the tape weaken I knew I couldn’t keep my eyes closed for long, the hardest part about this was to keep them shut, your mind needed to want more pain. But I didn’t want pain, ever since the tape was there I was trying to opened my eyes, doing everything in my power to end the pain while simultaneously trying to endure as much as I can.

Getting hit by two spikes in fairly rapid succession I passed out, the strong energy hitting me too hard and to quickly for me to adapt, causing a metaphorical rebooting of my brain. Going slack my parents started to worry but after pulling me out from my bed and pillows to get the tape of another spike hit blasting me awake as I clutched my head trying to quell the hurt in any way I could.

Dropping my body my parents jumped back giving me some room to flail as my mind was broken, my emotions numb the only thing I wanted now was to end the pain. I no longer cared for the power at this precise moment I didn’t care if I had no power at all, as long as I survived this ordeal I would be happy.

I started to sweat so much that I swear I almost ran out of sweat. I clawed at my face, attempting to rip away the tape but nothing was happening. My industrial strength tape seemed like such a good idea before this all started, my precaution become my downfall.

Finding the end of the tape I tore it from my head, the tape wrapped around several times as I only managed to get one loop off before the tape tore. This was bad, the cover of the tape was in my hands by the sticky part remained on my head, only one loop in with several to go and I had lost the end of the tape.

“Hold still Jamie, I’ll try and tear it off” mom said while I lay down gripping my duvet trying my hardest not to flail around. I had be screaming so hard and for so long now that my voice had gone, literally it just left me, one second I was screaming so loud it could wake the dead and the next second I was as silent as the dead.

Still spouting out air I felt another spike hit, then another and another. Three spikes in rapid succession was enough to make me pass out again, I was woken up nearly 20minutes later by yet more spikes, my parents had managed to loosen the tape while my body lay motionless. Screaming out with no voice I open my eyes, using the fast depleting energy I had left to force my eyelids open. Having sweated enough throughout everything I managed to bend the tape covering my eyes, the tape only bending a fraction of a centimeter but it was enough for light to hit my eyes. The pain stopping instantly as the Status ended.

Breathing heavily I slumped down in my bed. It was crazy to think how normal I felt, no lasting pain, no other side effects, I felt just as normal as when I started.

“It’s over now” I said calmly looking to my parents who stood nervously above my bed, both their faces full of smiles as they sat down on the side of my bed “Let’s get this tape off you” mom said firmly as we ripped the take from my eyes, the skin it covered going with it as my eyebrows were instantly waxed right off. “Here let me heal you up” Dad said kneeling down and placing his palm of his hand on my jaw, his healing energy feeding into me as the skin repaired itself, hairs re-grew and my face looked normal again.

“Tomorrow, were going to Bacra, get you the stuff you need for school as we will enroll you into Harrington’s” Dad said as I smiled up at him “Ok get some rest, I know you need it” my mom said giving me a chaste kiss on the cheek goodnight. Watching my parents leave the room I flicked off my light before lying down in my bed, the sheets damp with sweat but I didn’t care, I was exhausted and desperately needed sleep.

*****

The next day we were up bright and early as I felt full of life and energy, as well as being overjoyed that I was now I fully fledged mage and a powerful one at that.

Walking down the stairs I greeted my parents with a smile as they were both on the phones talking about me as I actually blushed, my parents were so proud of me and I was proud of me too. “Don’t suppose you remember how many spikes you endured, do you?” Mom asked excitedly as she held the phone away from her mouth while I shrugged. It was a question that I had been thinking about constantly since I woke up. I knew I lasted the original twelve, then an eternity of the burning sun but after that I might have endured around 20 more spikes, maybe more, but with the amount of time I was passed out I couldn’t be sure.

“It’s ok, we’ll find out when you get classified today” mom said back quickly seeing me shrug at her question before hanging up the phone with who I presumed was her mother.

“Ok, Let’s take you shopping” Mom said as I pull out her wand aiming it at the back door “Javick” she said firmly and loudly, with a swish of her wand the door flashed, not a normal flash however, it looked like the light was coming from the outside sneaking through the gaps around the edges. Dad opened the door as instead of our small tidy garden, stood an orange sandy street, the sounds of movement and talking filled out kitchen while I was surprised that there wasn’t a breeze pulling sand into our home.

I knew a lot about Bacra, but I had never been. It’s the mage capital of the world, based in the Egyptian desert and hidden by a force field making it invisible to anybody outside.

Walking out of our home we were quickly swept up by the hustle and bustle of the mage world as they walked down the compacted streets in their robes causing us to clearly stand out, wearing normal human clothes. The houses were odd, sort of an old Victorian style which looked rather out of place in this bright orange landscape, the cobbled floor only just visible in certain areas while the rest of the floor was covered in sand.

“Ok Jamie, this is the plan” my mom said dragging me to the side of the street as she looked down at me “Were going to your wand shop first, then the pet store and then the bank. Dad has already paid for everything so just go in pick up what you need and come out, Dad is going to go buy your books while I take you to the store, then were going as a family to Classification, so we can find out what your class is” mom said as I nodded being taught all this before.

We quickly walked through the city as we lost dad along the way but I didn’t really care, I was too excited seeing the city and the stores. Manikins in the windows that actually moved, posing in the robes they were displaying while I could see inside all the magical items in the store, broomsticks, books, robes.

After 5minutes of dodging and avoiding people while being dragged by mom we finally reached the wand store. Pushing me inside through the door “Just do exactly as he says” she said before closing the door and taking a deep breath, sitting on the bench outside talking to the other mom who also wore human clothes.

Inside the store I saw an old man standing behind the counter as a young girl was talking to him, “You there, come with me, I don’t want you getting hit” the old man said pulling me by my arm round the counter as the young girl quickly went over and stepped on a small square platform in the centre of the room, only a foot of the ground but she looked rather nervous.

“What’s going to happen?” I asked causing him to smile, not even looking down at me but focusing on the girl “The platform radiates her personality, the draws that have ingredients to match her personality will open and the perfect amount of those ingredients will fly out, then the wand will fly out and absorb the ingredients to give her a perfect wand to match her power and personality” he said as I smiled getting more excited as I noticed a few draws on either side of the room start to shake.

Bursting open powders and feathers of all variety flew towards the girl, however instead of hitting her all the ingredients seem to stop just a foot away, like they were orbiting the girl, spinning slowly in circles around her as more ingredients were added to the mix.

Startled from behind I heard some loud banging as suddenly as large block of wood flew towards the girl. Hitting every corner and item the block could it find I was glad I was stood where I was and out of the way. Seeing the block coming directly towards her after rebounded off a cabinet she flinched, covering her face protecting herself from the oncoming block of wood. Holding the pose for about 10 seconds before slowly lowering her hands realizing she hadn’t been hit but nervous to see where the block of wood was she looked surprised to find it floating a foot in front of her along with the other ingredients.

Sighing in relief we both watched the log as it looked almost like it was melting, the wood falling apart and dripping on the floor as the last thing floating was a wand, an intricate handle with a long thin shaft. The wand while orbiting the young girl started spinning wildly, going faster and faster as when it hit the ingredients it absorbed them into the wand instead of hitting them away, after only 15 seconds of spinning the wand slowed down before stopping as no more ingredients were left. “Take the wand” the old man behind me said as he held me in front of him, grasping the wand from mid air she stepped off the platform smiling as she thanked the man before walking out the store. “Your turn” the man quickly said while looking down at me from above as I excitedly climbed onto the platform while he remained stood in his spot, hidden from the ingredients and the path of the flying wood I knew was coming.

I waited for a few seconds before I noting dozens of draws rumbling as the room actually started shaking. I turned to see my mom outside with a whole crowd of faces watching me obviously spotting the earthquake going on that was limited to the store.

Looking around I saw dozens of draws burst open, the last girl only had like 7 draws but I had like 40, all the ingredients flying around me though I was a bit nervous hearing a lot crashing from the back. Looking through the thickening ingredients I saw a few sacks flew out ripping at the top while more ingredients flew out, I guess I used up all the draws.

Once I took all the ingredients I needed from the sack it dropped to the floor as more feathers, hairs and powders orbited me as I could barely see through it, however I did notice the dark black log flying towards me as even though I knew it was stop I still flinched.

With the log now visible as it orbited me while I watched it start melting, all the wood hitting the floor except a long piece of black wood...my wand, it even looked powerful, the handle was carved while the shaft was long, longer than the other girls as mine must have been around 10inches to her 6.

Then it started spinning, the ingredients being absorbed as it span around me in orbit. Soon enough all the ingredients were gone as floating before me stood this wand, before the man could even say anything I grasped the wand, the power in the wand mixing with my own power as they were both matched, I felt almost connected to the wand.

“That’s a very powerful wand you have their young man” the shopkeeper said nervously as I smiled “Thanks” I said walking out the store as mom had to push through the crowd of mages watching just to get to me. “That’s a beautiful wand you have Jamie” my mom said as I smiling holding it tightly in my hand as we walked to the pet store, “Put your wand away, it’s a powerful wand and tailored to you, that doesn’t mean people won’t steal it because it’s more powerful than theirs” mom said firmly causing me to instantly lose my smile, nodding up at her I slipped it into the waist band of my jeans holding it tightly there while I walked into the next store.

“Hello young man, your first pet?” he asked looking down at me over the counter as I nodded up at the frail man “Well, don’t go for the pet you like the look of, get close to each animal, you will feel the bond between you two” he said as I started on my left travelling all around the store; puppies, cats, rabbits, birds. They all seemed to be normal pets; I then found the more magical side as there were miniature dragons and hydras, as well as gryphons and hippogryphs. Walking behind the counter I saw a load of fish which I was glad I felt nothing with as I made my way into the more interesting side of the store, rats, spiders, lizards and snakes.

Walking past the tank of snakes I felt a small tweak in me head as I knelt down looking in further as I realized it was in the tank behind it, sliding case out on the trolley it was in I moved into the gap as I saw a second cage full of slightly large snakes although they all looked relatively young. Putting my face against the glass I felt another tweak in my head as the mass of bodies started moving as a single snake head popped up out the mass, travelling towards the glass the snake lifted its head until it too touched the glass directly in front of mine as I felt a larger tweak in my head before becoming overcome with sadness and loneliness. Opening the lid to the tank I stuck my hand in pulling out the snake as he was only about a foot long but he quickly coiled around my wrist holding on tight as I closed the lid carrying him to the shop keeper. “African Rock Python, a rare animal to bond with, congratulations” the shopkeeper said as I smiled walking out the store.

“You bonded with a snake?” my mom said as I smiled “I thought it would be a dragon or bird” she said smiling as I chuckled “He said that this snake is rare to bond with” I said proudly as my mom smiled down at me “Then he is perfect for you” she said whisking me off again by my hand as my pet snake coiled up my arm relaxing on my shoulders as we arrived next to dad. “You took your time, I’ve sorted his bank vault out” Dad said to mom while she thanked him “We’ve had fun, he’s got his pet snake, an apparent rare pet to bond with” mom said as dad cut her off “African rock python, yeah these are rare” he said as I smiled “You should of see the wand shop, the girl before him had seven draws, Jamie here had the whole store shaking, you couldn’t see him through all the ingredients orbiting him, plus he has a rather large black wood wand, I haven’t seen anything like it before” mom said as I pulled out my wand to show dad as I smiled “Ha, that’s my boy” he said proudly walking off again a bit slower this time, slow enough for me and mom to keep up. Trying to get a few good looks at the city my view was cut short at our arrival to Classification.

“You’re going to have an audience in here Jamie, some mages like to come see the new mages when they go in, spot anybody who looks to be a powerful mage so they know who to watch, just go in listen to the man on the podium and do what he says” my dad said as we stepped into the building walking along the corridor into what looked to be a large theatre. I spotted the man at the podium as he spoke to about two hundred mages that sported the seats surrounding the stage in a semi-circle, on the stage was a chair which my mom quickly filled me in on “Sit on the chair, and place you hands on the orbs, it plays it on the big orbs for all to see, it will find out your personality, your memories, your talents and our class and power, just remain calm and don’t think of memories you don’t want them to know” she said as I nodded.

“Next young mage to be classified, is Jamie Dovell” the old man in his wispy voice said as he looked to me, my dad giving me a slight push forcing me to step forward onto the stage while looking a bit nervous.

“Be calm, just sit in the chair and place your hands on the orbs if you please” the old man said as I did just that, I looked up at the orbs as it was playing my current memory as the orbs showed me looking at the orbs which made a few people chuckle. “Would you mind facing forward and closing your eyes, while we classify you” the old man said. I nodded closing my eyes and looked forward.

I felt nervous when I heard a collection of gasps coming different sides of the room, my mind flicked over a few things, mainly being today but I did drift back to my status as I listened to the man reading out the things he saw “How have you received 53 spikes” the old man said rather sternly causing me to look at him. “I...I endured the first twelve, and I put tape over my eyes to keep them shut, the burning sun lasted for ages which I endured and then I felt the burning sun and spikes together, I’m not sure how long it lasted I passed out a few times” I said honestly while he just nodded and listened while other people around the audience were muttering to each other.

“You taped your eyes shut” he said as I nodded “Impressive, most people that try that, end up ripping their eye lids of when they’ve had enough” he said writing it down. “Well that makes sense then, you have a total of 97minutes of the burning sun and 53 spikes, which makes you the strongest mage to date beating the old record of 12 spikes and 18minutes” he said as I smiled “Your class is Fire, you are talented in Energy, Life, Electricity and Animals... Congratulations again most mages only get one talent” he said with a smile, while I nodded with the biggest grin on my face possible. “Personality wise, you’re kind, caring, adventurous and rather intuitive” he said as I smiled hearing nothing bad in there. “You can step out the seat now” he told me smiling as he handed me a certificate as I quickly walked back down to my parents who were both nearly crying giving me a hug when I got close enough.

“I thought it was about 9 spikes you went through not 53. Oh my baby that must of been torture” mom said gripping me tightly while I looked up to dad to see him with the biggest smile I had ever seen on his face “My son, the world’s strongest mage” he said to himself only to laugh in disbelief at his own words. Walking out of classification we were all rather happy, dad was proud and mom was still trying to stop herself from crying.

“Rachel!” a voice shouted from behind us causing mom to freeze in the street, while dad just rolled his eyes before putting on a smile and turning with mom to face the voice. Seeing who the voice belonged to mom instantly ran up to her giving her a hug “Oh my god, it’s been years, how are you” my mom said quickly as the two ladies gossiped “Oh this is my Daughter Jess, 11 spikes” he mom said soundly very proud as my mom smiled “And this is my son Jamie, 53 spikes and 97minutes” she said with a smile as the women’s jaw dropped.“How is that even possible” she asked as I shrugged “Burning sun lasts for an hour, then you get spikes and burning sun together the spikes coming in a lot faster, I only managed half an hour of it” I said trying to sound modest as I looked to Jess who seemed really nervous “I like your puppy” I said trying to change conversation as she smiled “His name is Jona” she said smiling down at the puppy by her feet, “What’s your snake called” she asked as I looked down at my snake not knowing his name “Don’t rush the name, chose a name you both like” she said while I smiled and nodded “I’m water class, and I’m talented in animals what about you?” she asked as I looked down “Fire class” I said as she smiled “What are you talented in?” she asked a bit more firmly as I didn’t really want to answer “Energy, life, animals and electricity” I said quickly as her jaw dropped again “Wow, do you mind if I stick with you, at least I know I won’t get bullied by brad” she said with a smile as I looked at her confusedly “Who’s brad” I asked as she looked up at her mom “Mom tell him about Brad” Jess asked causing her mom to scowl angrily.

“Brad Cross, he’s nasty piece of work. His parents are real strict on him. I heard they held his eyes down during the status and he has 12 spikes and 5 minutes” she told us all “Apparently he’s talented in necromancy and he is Earth class, that’s never a great mix, he’s a bully crippling those in his way. His parents are the same they’re both cruel and manipulative” she said while we listened intently “If you’re as strong as you say you are either stay out of his way or put him in his place, he’s the sort of kid that wants to control everything” she said as I nodded “Anyway. We still have to get Jess a wand, so maybe we will see you in September when term starts” the women said as she hugged my mom again before walking off “Bye Jess” I said as she waved.

Back home, I sat in my room for hours on end going through hundreds of names for my pet snake to which he denied constantly.
I started searching the internet for names, going from boys to girls to roman to mythological. “How about Bob” I said jokingly as he shook his little snake head “Trevor, angus, Barbara” I offered as he continued to shake his head “How about princess, come here princess” I said laughing as he shook his head “Well you’re a boy, how about prince” I said as his head stopped for a few seconds before nodding “That settles it, prince it is” I said confidently before climbing into bed for the night.

Waking up the next day, I noticed Prince had grown a fair bit, a lot more than what he should have in one night, stepping into the kitchen I saw mom making breakfast. She smiled when she noticed me in the doorway “Mom, Prince has grown overnight, is he ok?” I asked getting a little chuckle for a response. “He’s bonded to you, he is a snake with magic, you bought him when he was just a baby snake, but you are a teen, he’s growing to match your age, and he will continue to grow until you stop growing, and he will live for as long as you do” she said to me as I smiled “Ha looks like you’re stuck with me” I said to Prince as his head stood next to mine while his body was slung over my shoulders “Can you teach me some magic today?” I asked her at the precise moment she finished her current task so she couldn’t say no. “Let’s go down into the basement so you don’t break anything” she said making me laugh though I was right behind her, following her down the steps.

I saw lots of old junk I barely knew, walking over to the table I put prince down as mom pulled out a chair “Refrefta” she said quickly pointing her wand at is causing the chair burst into a thousand pieces “Ok your first spell is a repairing spell, as no doubt, you will break things” she said while my smile had yet to falter. “Point at the object and say ‘Evo Reparus” she told me while I nodded confidently getting myself into a good position.

Stepping to her side I pointed my wand at the mess on the floor before saying the spell “Evo Reparus”.

I felt the power in me mix with the power of the wand, an almost compactness feeling was radiating from the wand into my hand as a ball of bright white light quickly shot from the end of the wand firing towards the mess. However my focus on the feeling had distracted my aim, white ball of light missing the chair and hitting the floor causing a few minor cracks to disappear “Keep trying, work on your aim, fix everything in here” she said with a smile before walking out of basement.

Working hard I repaired all the items in the basement as my aim had improved, “What was the word she said first?” I muttered to myself looking at the fixed chair “Refrefta” I said pointing my wand as the red light burst out hitting the chair breaking it up into a thousand pieces. Going around the basement I basically broke everything before going around again fixing everything, seeing the light shoot from my wand was always amazing but after a while I was getting bored...

Waving my wand around I found out that fire came out, which I guess should have been obvious seeing as I was Fire Class. Putting my wand away I started controlling the fire with just my mind as I found I could create fire in my hands.

“Mom, can you come teach me something new” I shouted running up the stairs, walking into the lounge only to find mom with her wand out pointing at three mages in black robes stood who were in the hallway the four of them in a sort of standoff.

“What’s going on” I asked nervously walking in front of my mom as she didn’t break her eye contact with the mages “These people want to take you away, go back in the basement and practice” my mom said firmly while I turned to face the mages “Leave me alone” I shouted at them as they took a step back , their faces showing genuine fear “You don’t know any spells boy” the woman spat back as I stepped forward making fire in my hands causing them all to take a few more steps back “Leave me alone” I shouted again taking another step forward causing one of the mages to quickly grab the other two. In an instant all three vanished from sight while I turned to look at mom would struggling to stand, her nervous and shock messing with her body.

“How do I get rid of fire?” I asked calmly as she looked at me “Umm, spread your hands apart to make it spread thin and disperse it” she said nervously while I did just that, making the fire disappear from my hands.

“Let’s teach you some more, if they come back I want you to be able to defend yourself” she said confidently walking me back down into the basement.

“Ok a few rules about magic, as you know Elements and Talents are done by our minds, but actual magic needs to done with a wand, because the wand focuses and directs the spell, if you try and cast a spell from your hand nothing would happen” she explained to me as I listened

“Pointing to the person, if you say ‘Vero” the person will freeze for about 5 seconds, giving you enough time to either get away or think of your next spell as they would be stuck” she told me as I nodded “Most mages use pets for practice as well as company, so practice on Prince” mom said as I pointed my wand at him “Vero” I said confidently as no light came out but Prince froze, motionless, his tongue still out mid flicker.

“Very good, now another spell you could use is ‘Crowdarh” mom said as I smiled “This is different to the other spells, you have to say it as a whisper but also this spell is for you, so have the tip of your wand touching your body, it doesn’t need wand movement just whisper the word softly and you will become invisible” she said as I smiled a wide smile doing the spell, watching myself quickly fade “This is a good spell for hiding, but it only lasts about 2 minutes, so if somebody is chasing you, freeze them, hide and go invisible and get as far away as you can” she said as I picked up Prince, causing it looked like he was flying as he travelled down my outstretched arm landing back on the table. Seconds later I noticed my feet again as my body slowly become invisible as my mom smiled that warm parenting smile they always have.

Over the next week, I had practiced nearly every day, still being home schooled by mom though my lessons were become less general knowledge and more magic, less studying and more practicing. Mom told dad about the three mages, and how I scared them away but it didn’t stop him from getting paranoid. Dad was a doctor at the local human hospital and well, our survival meant him not getting caught for healing patients as it would be a hard thing to explain.

Dad also taught me a few cool spells as I was constantly going around invisible, making things have no gravity as they floated around with the slightest push, fun for me, annoying for my parents as I always did it to the TV remote or the Sofa they sat on.

I am quite proud to say my aim with my wand has gotten rather good, I rarely miss things now and I have been working on doing turns quickly so if needed to I could fire a spell while moving in another direction instead of standing still.

“That’s it Jamie, give me you wand” Dad said finally realizing he was floating when his head hit the ceiling “Aww but it’s fun” I pleaded holding my wand behind me back “Yeah magic is fun, but you need to control yourself, and taking away gravity is getting annoying” he said as mom came in from behind me pulling my wand out of my grasp, giggling while she handed it to dad.

Watching him put it in his jacket pocket next to his wand I moaned in protest but to no avail. “Traitor” I said jokingly to mom walking past her while she laughed at me “You will have plenty of time to pull pranks at school in September, but in the house, no more pranks please” she said as I groaned again walking up to my room as Prince followed me.

“Ok, let’s test out my talents, your an animal maybe I can read your mind” I joked as I focused on Princes mind feeling a odd tweak as then I suddenly heard a voice. Startled I jumped back onto my bed my eyes fixed on prince hoping it was real “Was that you in my head?” I asked as the voice came again *Yes it’s me, it’s about time you had this idea I’ve been sick of not being able to talk to you* he said causing me to grin “Oh wow this is cool” I replied seeing a sort of smile on his face. “Ok so talking to animals, check. I’m also talented in Electricity, life and energy. What can I do with any of them?” I wondered before looking to Prince for some ideas.

*Well I guess life is healing like your dad, so if there’s nothing to heal, we can’t practice* he said as I shrugged accepting that before we moved on “Were surrounded by electricity, and Energy could be like lifting things with you mind” he said as I smiled “Telekinesis, now that’s what I’m talking about” (not knowing that that was what I’d been doing to my parents for the past couple of days) I said excitedly looking around the room for object to practice on.

Focusing on my lamp I tried to turn it on by nothing happened, thinking up and trying a different tactic I put my hand on the plug socket as I felt myself drawing in the electricity “Oh this works” I said drawing in more electrical energy as I pointed my finger at the lamp trying to turn it on but instead a lightning bolt burst from my finger obliterating it “Oh wow” I said shocked as the Lamp lay in pieces all over my bed and floor “If mom asks, I’m blaming you” I said to prince laughing out loud while I could hear him laughing in my head.

“Ok let’s try energy” I said confidently while I focus on picking up a pen off my desk. After a few attempts at finding the right focus, I saw the pen start to wiggle, getting it into the air was the hardest part but after that it was easy. Floating it around I made it do a series of circles before landing softly back on my desk

Practicing my energy talent for the rest of the night, I soon had it under my belt. My room was a mass of floating objects, including Prince as I worked on my control and aim setting everything down gently and back in its place, except for Prince who I placed on my bed deciding it was time we got some sleep.

“Jamie, Breakfast” mom shouted up the stairs as she usually did. Waking me up it the process, I groaned rolling out of bed and floating myself out my room and down the stair, too lazy to walk in the morning. “I see somebody found their Energy talent” Dad said smiling while I pulled out the chair with my power sitting myself down before I looked to him “I was forced to find an alternative source of fun, since my wand has gone missing” I said accusingly at him as he just laughed at me “Oh by the way, if you check my room, the broken lamp is Princes fault, he was practicing his Electricity talent and instead of turning on the lamp he blew it up” I said causing my parents both laughed at me, “Ok well, we will punish prince by not letting you have your wand back” mom said making me groan deeply before picking up my spoon eating my cereal. “Ok, I have to get to work, love you babe” Dad said giving mom a kiss “Train hard” dad said to me ruffling my hair before walking out the front door.

“Ok, and before you start, he’s taken your wand with him” mom said making me sigh before going back to my breakfast. “So what am I going to train today?” I asked with a smile “Well, Life is your fathers talent, but I can train you in animals, or you can practice your talents if you want” she asked as I smiled “I can read Prince’s mind, I worked that out last night” I said making her smile “Good, but that’s very basic, and for an exceptional mage like yourself we need to work at the big boy stuff” she replied before opening the back door, quickly demolishing my breakfast I followed her out into the garden.

“This garden is too obvious, go get on some proper clothes, were going to the forest” mom said while I grinned running back into the house and throwing on some tracksuit bottoms, a jumper and some willies. Though when I came down, mom just pulled out her wand muttering a quick spell changing her clothes into ones I knew she had in her wardrobe. The entire thing made me groan at the time I wasted, causing her to chuckle.

With Prince on my shoulders and us in our outdoor clothes, we climbed into the car driving off down the road as after a good 30minute drive we found ourselves in a giant forest. “Ok let’s walk from here” Mom said parking the car, Prince quickly sliding onto the ground going under and over everything he could as he emotions told me he was happy “Of course he’s happy, he’s like you outgoing and adventurous, he’s exploring it all” mom said with a smile while we walked through the trees.

“Seeing as were hidden from the world, why don’t we practice a few things, firstly summoning animals, place your hands on the ground and basically will the animals to find you” mom said while I nodded doing just that “It will take a few minutes as they may be far away, or not” mom added, though when I looked up still willing the animals to come, I saw several squirrels, a horse and two deer had arrived as well as dozens of birds lining the trees.

“The animal talent, isn’t all about controlling animals, it’s about trust... you can gain their trust quickly and they will follow you. You can read their minds and help them out with anything that is troubling them” Mom said while I slowly stood up, not wanting to scare the easily frightened animals away. Holding my hand out openly several birds quickly flapped down landing on it one per finger and two on the back of my hand.

“Worms...Worms...Worms” the birds tweeted in my head making me laugh “Ok try the deer” mom said challengingly. Slowly dropping my hand the birds fly away back to the trees, as when they had all left me I started walking up to the deer.

I stroked the side of its face getting the trust built with some gently contact thought when I looked into its mind I felt it’s sadness and grieving, the poor deer had lost its fawn to a fox. “I’m sorry” I thought to the deer giving her a hug. I wrapped my arms around her long neck as her chin rested on my shoulder.

“I have an idea, why don’t you practice your life talent, try and make the grass grow” mom said giving me my next challenge as I tried to do that. Placing my hands on the ground I’lled the grass to grow, feeling a different kind of energy build up within me as the first thing I noticed was extra padding under my hands. Lifting them slightly I saw the thick healthy grass beneath growing longer with every passing second. Knowing I had the right energy and focus I pushed my energy into my desires sending the healing energy out in every direction creating an aura effect.

Making my aura larger I watched as all the grass around me started getting greener and thicker, trees blossoms like they would in the summer while the deer and horse were quickly taking advantage of the good grass now available to them.

Slowing down my life energy I turned it into a sort of aura, as my body radiated life healing things in a 10metre radius as I walked forward, “Very impressive, your father can only do that for a few minutes” mom said as we walked together through the forest. “What else can animals do when you have their trust?” I asked her walking through the forest while Prince was still right by my side slithering across the grass “Depends really, Animal talent is rather common, you can talk to, understand and help animals but the limits are endless, if you wanted you could have animals protect you and fight with you, I used to use mice to carry letters to your father when were back at school. I also used birds to scout the area so I knew exactly where the places I needed to be were or were the people I needed to avoid were” my mom said as I laughed “Sounds like fun” I said walking through the forest as the animals followed.

“I was wondering, The Energy talent seems to be the most useful, Life is helpful and Animals is Handy but what use does the Electricity Talent have, I mean humans didn’t have electricity devices until the 1800’s so when we had it long before that there was not much we could use it for” I said curiously as my mom shrugged “I don’t know, I don’t have the talent, I guess you could use it like a defibrillator or you could summon the power of electricity to electrocute people” mom said as I shrugged “Might come in useful with all the human inventions” I said calmly as we entered a large open area of forest, still with my healing aura I spread it wider as grass soon started turning green as the field looked very much alive.

After a few hours of practicing with the animals and healing the forest, we walked back to the car in peace, the animals all drifted off as I removed my healing aura, I was actually rather impressed with myself when mom said that dad could only do the aura for a few minutes while I had it going for hours and quite strong as well and I barely felt any fatigue.

I talked to mom most the car journey home, she told me everything she knew about animals and what I could do with them, as well as the other lessons I would have such as Potions, Enchanting and Protection Class, also I had history, sports and Life skills lessons to deal with. Turns out I am going to be swamped with work.

As the weeks passed by September soon arrived, getting increasingly excited I was practicing hard on my fire control, I had lots of fun making fiery animals making them travel around the room.
“Ok Jamie” my mom said walking down into the basement where I spent most of my time lately “You need to go pack, your leaving tomorrow” she said firmly looking down at me, focusing my mind I tried out my new trick teleporting into my room.

“You up there Jamie?” mom shouted up, “Yeah, I’m packing” I shouted back hearing her walk up the stairs “How long have you been able to teleport?” she asked looking at me squarely in the face rather stunned that I could teleport already “A few days, I remember those mages teleport out and I figured out that Energy was the only talent that could do that, so I have been practicing” I said causing her to chuckle while walking back down the stairs.

A few hours later of messing around in my room I heard the front door open as dad arrived home from work. “Jamie, I have some things for you, come down” Dad shouted up. I excitedly ran from my room down the hall, jumping over the banister at the top of the stairs, only to catch myself with my telekinesis from my Energy talent. Landing on the floor dad smiled down at me, “Just some things you will need that nobody ever tells you” he said handing me several bags.

Running into the kitchen I placed the bags on the table instantly checking the contents “A wet suit?” I asked holding it up to him in question making him laugh “You will be given your school robes there, but they aren’t the warmest of clothes, a wet suit helped me through some cold nights” he said as I smiled putting it down while I checked the other contents. One bag had some nice shoes in as he told me that shoes and hair was your only bit of fashion you got there so, it’s all about first impressions.

Inside the last bag I pulled out a large flat box though when I opened it up I saw a black leather wristband with a chrome flame going all the way around it, but it was backwards as the chrome covered the bracelet making it look more like a shackle, the flame part was actually the absence of chrome, slipping it onto my wrist, it looked awesome “Thanks Dad” I beamed excitedly showing it off.

“Ok, go pack this stuff up and come down for dinner, I want to spend my last night with you as a family, not with you alone in your room practicing” mom said smiling as I quickly picked up all the stuff teleporting into my room to put it away.

“Oh yeah, he can teleport now” mom said to dad as he looked amaze. Moving over to the sofa “I heard teleportation was like 3rd year stuff” Dad said while mom laughed “I took him to the forest a few weeks ago to practice his animal talent, as well as his life talent. He put that healing aura on, It felt nearly three times as powerful as yours and he was walking around with it on for nearly 3 hours and didn’t even look the slightest bit tired” mom said as dad gasped “That stuff drains me, how powerful was it then?” he asked as mom shrugged “he was healing everything in a 30 meter radius while we walked around” she said every word made my dad’s jaw drop further.

“Ok I’m back, what are we doing tonight?” I asked smiling joining them on the sofa as I flicked my attention to the TV finding some soap on which didn’t really spark my interest. “I thought we could go out for dinner” dad said as mom grinned probably at the prospect of not cooking, but still, she looked happy.

“And I also invited your friend round, you know Bethany as well as her daughter” Dad said as I couldn’t help but smile knowing I was going to meet Jess again. “Well when are they arriving?” mom said looking concerned as dad smiled “Around 7pm, I had dinner reservations for all of us at 8” he said as mom jumped up “Ok then Jamie, do you mind lifting all the dust up of everything and burning it” mom said as I smiled using my power to lift up every piece of dust clumping it into a ball as it was about the size of a tennis ball, putting a single flame in the end of my finger I melted the tennis ball of dust as it quickly vanished while mom went around straightening chairs and tables.

At 7:00pm on the dot the door bell rang, dad opened it letting in Bethany and Jess with jess having brought her suitcase ready for tomorrow. They all walk into the lounge to find mom had a bottle of wine out ready, although I was in the garden making fiery animals which burnt the grass giving me a reason to heal it back up again.

“Hey Jaime” Jess said stepping outside as she shivered at the cold wind “Come here” I said walking up to her giving her a hug, growing my internal warmth I heard Jess sigh feeling my warmth spread through her. When I felt that she was starting to overheat I let go, focusing back on the fiery animals again.

“They’re beautiful” Jess said starting to shiver again, her body beginning to freeze while not having my body for warmth “Thanks, just something to practice on, I would like to go big but it would be too obvious” I said as she attempted a chuckled but her quivering lips stopped her “Come on, let’s get you back inside before you freeze” I said pushing her towards the door. when we stepped inside I gave her a quick hug heating her back up to normal, as when I let go and stepped back I saw her face had regained its color and her shivering had stopped “Can’t have you starting your first day with a cold” I smiled walking over to the sofa. Following me down to the lounge as the parents stood in the kitchen gossiping about parenting stuff but keeping a watchful eye over us.

“Have you been practicing?” Jess said as I smiled “Yes, although I haven’t practiced electricity that much” I said as she smiled “my mom says it’s hard to learn as you can’t obtain it without draining your electricity bill or creating lightning storms, but you would need a water mage to make the storm for you to harness the lightning” she said smiling while I let out a brief chuckle “Yeah, I guess”

Feeling a bit nervous I looked at Jess, her dark brown hair dyed a bright red, not just a redhead shade of red but fire truck red. She had also grown up a fair bit, looking very slender and attractive. “If you were going to dye you hair, wouldn’t you of dyed it blue for water?” I asked stroking her hair as it came down in front of her chest when she giggled “I liked red, plus blue hair doesn’t really look good” Jess said quickly making me laugh “Well, I bet half the kids at school will immediately presume you’re a fire mage” I said as she laughed “I know, it’s happened a few times already, but I really like red hair. I’m not even sure why though” she said holding out her hair smiling at me while we gossiped.

“Would you like a tour of the house?” I offered holding out my hand as she blushed but when she quickly took it I teleported us up the stairs into my room. Not expecting the teleportation Jess coughed and hacked up nothing while gripping her stomach “You need to practice teleporting, you get immune to it after a while, because I plan of teleporting you a lot” I said confidently while she was bent over gripping her stomach, she froze at my movement, her stomach settling as she looked at me with a look between excitement and hatred.

“Now this is my room” I said pulling her up into a normal standing position, I still had hold of her hand while I dragged her around the entire top floor of the house “Bathroom, Parents room, Your room” I said directing her around before teleporting us down to the kitchen.

All the parents jumped at our sudden arrival while Jess groaned holding her stomach again “trust me, you’ll get used to it” I whispered to Jess. “Ok why we don’t make our way to the restaurant, no teleporting” dad said firmly telling me now as I groaned; I was actually hoping to practice more and see how many people I could teleport at once. “Prince, look after Jona” I said aloud, as I saw Prince slithering out from under the table opposed to the foot long baby I got at the store Prince was nearly a meter and half long, Jona was definitely larger but surprising still had his puppy dog looks.

With everybody in the large car dad drove us towards the restaurant. It was fun sitting in the back with Jess and her mom Bethany, we all used magic to change into some smarter clothing. Mom and Bethany choosing elegant evening gowns while me and dad wore tailor suits leaving Jess wearing a white summer dress which looked stunning on her,

“I must say as a fire mage I no longer feel the cold, but if anybody starts to feel a bit chilly let me know” I said aloud breaking the silence as Jess rested her head on my shoulder, luckily it was too dark for anyone to see me blush at her forwardness “Your quite the gentlemen” Bethany said causing mom laughed “Give it two weeks, and you would be sick of him and his pranks” Mom said mid laugh making everybody laugh “What sort of pranks does he do?” Bethany asked as I lowered my head in embarrassment trying to keep the attention off me “Well, the anti gravity spell is common, also force fields in doorways so you hit your head as you go through and going invisible to terrorise us is a regular occurrence” dad said as Bethany laughed “Well, looks like Jess is in for a fun year” she said while I smiled thinking about the fun we could have.

Arriving at the posh restaurant we quickly walked in taking our seats. “Seeing as were going to go to school tomorrow, why don’t you tell us what’s going to happen?” I asked looking at the parents watching their smiles widen. “Well, were all going to the great hall in Bacra, as a teacher from the school will meet us and be taking you to the school” Bethany said as my parents nodded “If the school is the same as when we were there, you will be split into your 4 classes, boys with boys, girls with girls etc” Dad explained “Well, every morning it was Element training then after lunch Monday it was two hours of energy class if you had the talent” Mom said as Bethany spoke up “Monday energy, Tuesday Life, Wednesday Electricity, Thursday Animals and Friday was Necromancy” she said as my parents continued “After the talent lesson you would have your normal lessons such as potions, enchantments, sport, history” mom said as I sighed “The classes after the Talent lessons are they done in class groups meaning all fire together then all air together” I asked as my parents nodded “So I only have 1 class a week with Jess being Animal class” I said as they nodded confirming it. “it’s a shame your fire, if you were water you would be in loads together” Bethany said as I smiled “You mean it’s a shame she’s not fire” I said causing both of my parents to burst out a chuckle “Don’t mess with Water son, were all water class here, you’re outnumbered” Dad said as I chuckled “Oh is that how it is now” I joked watching dads smile as he sipped his wine knowing that I could probably beat all of them in one go.

“Jess can you do me a favor?” I asked getting her attention as she looked at me “I’m starting to overheat in this suit can you make me a glass of water please” I said causing her to smile “Pick up you glass I’ll refill it while you drink to make it less obvious” she said confidently and excitedly. The use of magic around humans was not tolerated but as long as no one noticed we would be fine. Picking up the glass I took a few mouthfuls before gulping down water to cool my insides. The more I drank and the quicker I drank didn’t affect the level of water, After about 4 glasses full of water I felt my core start to cool down my power was strong, and like my mom said each power is different as it seems mine likes to heat up my body. Putting the glass down I thanked Jess who just grinned “You know, I wish I could share a room with you, I have a feeling the school will be cold and I could do with a free heater” she said making our parents laugh. I was hoping that everyone would think that the blush on my cheeks was juts from my heated body.

Dinner ended on a high, dad’s steak was a bit undercooked which I fixed and Jess kept me stocked on cold water, overall it was fun, we talked about school and what we could do and when we left the restaurant we were all full and satisfied after eating lots of great food. “Oh, It’s cold do you mind Jamie” Dad asked look at me “Join hands” I said taking my moms and Jess’s hand as Bethany took her daughters hand and dad took my mom’s.

Feeling the warmth from their core and my heightened warmth, I fed my warmth through my hands into them, the heat originating from my core travelling down my arms thought the joined hands and up into the arms of the girls next to me. Sending the warmth all over their bodies their blood instantly started to heat up, not by much but it was enough for the new blood being pumped to warm up all their extremities. Pushing my warmth further I reached the second set of hearts to warm, with the people next to me sighing in relief from the warmth I pushed further pushing it into the next set of bodies as once I heard a thank you I stopped pushing just holding the warmth there. “You definitely are handy” Jess said squeezing my hand tightly as I blushed heating myself up to try and mask it. “Oh your hot” Jess said resting her head on my shoulder and immediately jumped back off me as I undid my tie, taking of my jacket as I tried to cool myself down. “I’m sorry, I have to cool off” I said quickly teleporting from the car landing in the Antarctica; I lay down in the snow and ice, I felt the snow melt into water when my skin touched it but I was soon freezing cold. I teleported back into the car startling everybody at my return “Phew, Antarctica... Bloody cold” I said shivering slightly breaking the silence as everybody laughed at me.

Back home we all changed into some comfier clothing before settling down to watch some TV together at around 10pm me and Jess were sent to bed which didn’t really bother me as I wasn’t one to try and stay up... I loved my bed and the act of sleeping.

Book is realllllllyyyyy long so i hope you enjoy it for now ill be posting more tommorow.... the periods are just filers............................................................
.....................................................................
....................................................................................